Speaker 1: Look at that lighthouse. That's the ultimate expression of foulo centric technocracy, violating mother Sky.
Speaker 2: I thought they were just toss up boats, could see them.
Speaker 1: No March, Everything penus shaped is bad.
Speaker 3: Four Finger discount dude.
Speaker 4: Welcome to four Finger Discounts. But this week we're here to review an episode that, honestly, I've been very looking forward to getting stuck into. It's an episode that is very divisive at the time. Apparently it was absolutely just panned by critics, panned by fans. How dare you do this, Matt silence to us diehoud Simpsons fans, it is that ninety show.
Speaker 5: I'm Dando and I am guy. It's coming to fresh from the fresh from the nineties. This was a very pleasurable step back in time for me. I've got to say, I mean, look, the episode had it's pros and cons, shall.
Speaker 4: We say, but I think it had way more pros and cons though.
Speaker 5: I really am I can't see the issue. I don't.
Speaker 4: I am flabbergasted. I don't understand. It's season nineteen, everybody, right, I get we still want some continuity, but I think Matt does a good enough job at establishing at the start that this is just not gonna be one of those canon ones. It's just gonna be one that where you just we fuck around with things. It's just gonna be a bit of fun. It's more of a parody of the floating timeline than anything.
Speaker 5: It is. Let me put it to you this way, yeah back when, let me take you way way way back in time, backb even on the nineties, the time and space to the nineteen seventies and even the early nineteen eighties when I was reading Marvel comic books, and one of the titles that I enjoyed most was called what If Now.
Speaker 4: And Matt's I'm a big comic book fan.
Speaker 5: People will be aware of what If because Disney, Pluses and Marvel have turned it into a TV series. But what they did was the fine folks at Marvel, Stanley, et cetera recognized, Okay, we've got established timelines and established cannon for various characters, but what if here's a couple of titles or a couple of things they had on the covers. What if the Avengers had never been What if Spider Man had kept his six arms? What if Jane Foster had found the Hammer of Thought? What if Everyone You Dared Evil was blind?
Speaker 4: It's anthology of interest for fit drama, the what if machine? What if Spider Man had joined the Fantastic Four, all this kind of stuff, and it's the stuff that comic book nerds and look nerds.
Speaker 5: It's fun nerds. Are any strips to go? Wouldn't it be finish? Deadhead? Wouldn't it be interesting in that? Just like that? And if you push it, well, I saw myself as a comic book guy on the on the common go. And this is why they'll never make it a little at the Rings movie, which is not a bad gag in the overall scheme of thanks, but that's how I viewed this episode. It's a it's a little branch off.
Speaker 4: It's just fun. It's through the nineties. Oh yeah, I thought it was just cool seeing the Simpsons, who were arguably the most iconic pop culture license of the nineties. There weren't many more bigger ones in the.
Speaker 5: Simpsons and seeing them view through a nineties len.
Speaker 4: Living in the nineties, but not as if the Simpsons were a part of just the pop culture world. It was just the sixth were actually part of the world in the real world. They were the biggest thing in the nineties, arguably besides well Scipho Get's reference here as well. Cipher was another big one. It was just cool seeing the world's collide, it was to Punt. Having attended.
Speaker 5: Having said all that, I mean, it's not a great episode in terms. I mean, the story's kind of flimsy, and I didn't mind it.
Speaker 4: I thought it felt like a nineties teen one of those nineties movies where you know where it's going. It's kind of cliche, but it's still a couple of good songs here and there that make you sort of feel things. Yeah, Empire Records. It's kind of wacky, kind of silly, but like you still enjoy it because it felt like a time capsule. I guess it's kind of felt like a nineteen ninety seventeen comedy in my opinion.
Speaker 5: That's a good way of putting it, certainly, And I guess that it didn't really I suppose as job wasn't to reveal anything new about Homer in Marge's relationship or anything like that, or their family dynamic. I suppose it took a little bit of a diversion here and there, and look, some parts actually worked, but a lot of it was just, oh, you're kind of playing the hits here, and I know, sometimes we don't mind playing the hits. Sometimes we enjoy seeing what is it, five faces for radio or good Faces for radio.
Speaker 4: Well, when they spend when they spent a lot of episodes playing the shits.
Speaker 5: That's true. Sometimes it's good to get the greatest hits.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, I just thought at various times because this is an Avana story essentially, it's the story of Kirk Obain's rise and fall through Homer, I was getting Homer's Barbershop Quartet vibes one of those episodes where you could argue that episode's not cannon either because it's never referenced really again, no, I mean, it doesn't fuck around with the timeline essentially, but it's just one of those things where, wait, they were in this huge like a global phenomenon. It doesn't really makes sense because it's never acknowledging and where all these money go all that kind of stuff. Here, it's kind of the same as I said, it also is the timeline with it in the nineties. But if you are a Beatles fan, you really enjoy that episode Homes barber Quartet, But you can still enjoy it even if you're not a Beatles fan. This one here, I feel like I put it on for Elliott the other day, which I was quite shocked at the needle moment, but obviously it's explained as a joke later.
Speaker 5: Wrong.
Speaker 4: But he really enjoyed this. But I really enjoyed it because I'm a Navana fan and I got the references. I thought he did a really good job in this episode. I really enjoyed it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'll tell you what. I'm well sort of jumping ahead the favorite moments here, but when they kicked into politically and correct, I'm like, not a bad song.
Speaker 4: But most of are just parodies of Navana, so oh yeah, very much of the.
Speaker 5: All parodies of Navana and other bands of the grunge eur. Oh god, damn it. I just realized that there might be you might hit me with a trivia question, and I'm thinking, oh, should have written this down.
Speaker 4: No, I've actually got nothing in my trivia yet. I'll just wing him on the spot. I'm going to do it.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna do one now though. Oh okay, but I guess I was looking at it also through looking at the relationship of Homer and Marge, and I guess it took it in a slightly different direction. We always tend to view Marge as well. Homer's definitely punching above his weight, and Marge perhaps sidelining her own dreams and her own ambitions and maybe your own sort of self worth to some degree by quite unquite settling the Homer.
Speaker 4: But but I didn't fear that watching this one though. Homa wasn't holding her back really in this I mean, she had big dreams, but she was going to She had big dreams go to college. She was like, yeah, sure, I'll work hard so you can go to college.
Speaker 5: He wasn't holding your back. He was working hard so you could go. That's true. I guess one thing that I was thinking was about how these two compliment each other. And I guess in the real original canon Simpsons timeline, how they I guess how Homer provides Marge with the unconditional love that was maybe missing it in her childhood, or the complete attention, complete focus, like this woman is the world and I'm the one who sees that. I'm the one who gets to give it to And yeah, Marge is clear like that's great love. It terrible Jela personas. Homer's self worth gets boosters as well as like, here's this incredible woman who's actually.
Speaker 4: In love with me, in love with me, so just how we feel all the I wake up with day and go how why I don't care.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna tell I'm just gonna ride this train until it goes up the tracks, mainly due to my poor locomotive.
Speaker 4: Ship't don't let him meet Professor August.
Speaker 5: That's the only I probably would have not been Professor August certainly dressed like him. Okay, other than the sandals. The sandals are terrible. What does he say to the to the faculty lounge. What are those bikes called? I don't know, but there's there's like reclining bike. That's like it's just.
Speaker 4: They're not pompous, but you're just like, what are you doing?
Speaker 5: It's actually bitter for the It's a bike.
Speaker 4: Yes, bike, here's the thing rolls reverse right If this was a story. Season nineteen, Homer has a dream. Marge takes up a job to pay for Homer's dream. He then has a manager there who's a hot woman who he falls for, and then leaves Marge to go with the hot woman, we would be how dare you what a brick here on? She's going March not a very good person. I know that the story is supposed to be that home is holding her back, but we've seen how every other couple of Springfields living at that point in time, they're just the same.
Speaker 5: I don't think he's holding her back. Yeah. The other thing is, though, I mean, these characters are going to be what nineteen twenty? Yeah? Is that so their kids? Their kids haven't really worked it out yet, just figuring out who she is and what she wants. And sometimes you get led astray by a worldly gentleman who's you know, down with the down with the matriarchy. I was getting.
Speaker 4: Have you ever seen the movie Loser with Jason Binks.
Speaker 5: I haven't, actually I know of it. It's Yeah, by the director of Clueless, and it's Yeah Jason Biggs and Mina Savari from American Pie.
Speaker 4: And so clips of that movie were used in the film clip four teenage dirt Bag, one of the most iconic songs of my childhood.
Speaker 5: Right, well done by your buddy bring them Yeah.
Speaker 4: So if you haven't listened to my one of my fat interviews, have ever done check out Brendan Brown the least thing of Weeks. He came on the show and we talked about Comeber what episode. I think it was taught abut his career in the end, I think it did. But it was just really, really, really fun. But that was the first time that I heard the song with the word gun still not cut out because they played it on the sound. Yeah, it was just in the I.
Speaker 5: Always wondered what he brought to school. I guess it was a gun.
Speaker 4: Yes, so it was a gun, and you can listen to it on Spotify and it's just not cut out, And just like at the time, it.
Speaker 5: Was like you heard the word Strangely, it's probably more triggering now that it's bizarre are actually bringing guns to school?
Speaker 4: I mean that they were at the time as well. That's why they had to cut it out because of the Columbine. But I just remember that movie being it's the first time I heard the word gun in the Jope Bag song. And you watch it and you think that the movie is going to be about what the film because the film clip has a little story to itself and it's sort of like takes. It's got the actors, it's got Jason and Mina Mina playing roles in the film clip, and you just assume that Loser is going to be the teenage Joe Bag film clip. But in movie Forum it's not at all as Jason Biggs is a loser who goes unique falls for this girl, but she's having a relationship with her professors.
Speaker 5: That's right. So that's why I was just like, this kind of feels like loser. Okay, interesting, Yeah, I'm about to check out Loser one of these it's not that great.
Speaker 4: Well maybe or maybe I could not, but yeah, over all, I really really enjoyed this episode just purely because being a nineties kid Nirvana fan references to sign I think I really like the Seinfeld moment that.
Speaker 5: Felt a bit on the nose to me, and all at a lot of the references just felt like, hey, remember the nineties. I felt like, what was that series? We love the nineties? They had those I don't remember that we love the nineties. It sounds like, right up my alley, either VH one or MTV or okay, okay, they had all those things where yeah, let's get together a bunch of comedians or a bunch of personalities from and also now yeah, yeah, like twenty to one or something like that.
Speaker 4: And I have to explain to the person, is because you have no idea howther.
Speaker 5: Worse someone's a comedian. Well, you know they drag out Mark McGrath from Sugar Sugar Ray or.
Speaker 4: Sugar Ray, Sugar ray? Was that every morning?
Speaker 5: That's that's about to call them sugar fly for some reason. I'm like they so they had a big was their song fly just want to fly? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that that flies in there somewhere and sugar.
Speaker 5: Like flies to sugar. I've gone beyond slang. Adris is like, oh the flies are getting on the sugar wave them away.
Speaker 4: That terrible man, That's that's where he cares that now us talking about the flies to sugar, shoe fly, sugar fly.
Speaker 5: Sugar fly back on. But yeah, it did. It did feel a bit that way in some regards, But look a lot of it. I enjoyed. It's it's certainly not top tier, but it's it's no, it's no lurs Wigan Jesus.
Speaker 4: It was only up from there, wasn't it?
Speaker 5: The only way is up? My favorite? What were your favorite moments from the episode? Like I said, the politically incorrect lyrics when they kicked in. I'm like, I know they've taken the piss, and what is it? What's what's the tune?
Speaker 4: Because I thought it was Lithium, right, But on on IMDb one of the users says it's the cover of the song, which wasn't one of the more popular songs. I know it's Francis Farmer will Have Her Revenge on second right, I know the song, and I'm like, is.
Speaker 5: That on Bleach? I don't think it's on never Mind. That's not never Mind.
Speaker 4: No, that's that's on the one that's sort of just like B sides and shit, I'm pretty sure maybe it is on in Utero. I think it might be on in uter that they're like, follow up, Yeah, so Bleach.
Speaker 5: Bleach is the ep pride to never Mind, right.
Speaker 4: So yeah, so you had never Mind was the first big album, and you had that so about a Girl was on Bleach, right, So that was the first one where it's like, oh, these guys are pretty good. And then never Mind came out boom, and then in Utero, which was a different style of music, but they enjoyed it.
Speaker 5: No, I liked in Utero a lot.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty sure, Francis Farmers on that, on that, but I heard this and I'm just like, this just sounds like I'm so because I thought it was I thought it was lithium.
Speaker 5: Regardless, I'm sure it was it was.
Speaker 4: That's the beauty about Nirvana songs, right, you can you can take Nirvana songs and play them in the form of lullabys and they sound like really good lollaby songs. They're just really good melodies.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, or in any way. I mean, firos was kind of a letdown after Fury Road. Sorry, this is a tangent, but that's wait a minute, the guys have a stroke that the he's talking about. I'm in somewhere with the trust Man. Furiosa was kind of a let down after Fury Road. Not not as good, but the trailer has like this, not even it's not a metal version of great Now. I forgot that was it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, yeah, Madness of the World. Yeah, but it's yeah, I mean the David Bowie song who Nevana covered.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, so it's originally yeah, yeah, I'm an idiot, Zach cut all this out. I'm absolutely useless.
Speaker 4: So David Bowie's David Bowie song, and then Ivana covered it for their unplug sessions and.
Speaker 5: Then it's on the It's on the trailer for Burio, but in this very sort of not operatic version. But it's like, oh yeah, that kind of works. So what I'm saying is Devana, they're pretty good. I took the scenic round to get there, but yeah, that was not bad. I've told let me give you another story that's maybe slightly better, or at least an anecdote. Yeah. No, I mean I was around, well, of course I was around in the early nineties, but I remember this very very distinctly because it really felt like a change of the guard. Yeah. I was staying with my sister in Hong Kong and we had MTV in Australia, but that this is MTV all day round, as opposed to MTV like a couple of couple of hours on a Friday night. And the songs that kept playing and the clips that were really big were things like black or White, and particularly the one I remember is Yes, I think it was too legit to quick it by Hammer, and they had these massive film clips. They were just like these huge extravaganzas. Everything was overproduced. To the max, and it just felt like this this bubble is about the pop man. This just feels like entertainment's just getting too big, too unwieldy. And then about a month after me being there, here's this new band, added Fiata called him to Dan. It's like, why MTV, why behide this person? They're terrible, But you know you hear you know, the opening riff of smells like teen spirit, and honestly it feels like, oh ship, we've just reset the world changed. Yeah, we've absolutely gone back to formula. It's fantastic. So that's something I'll never forget about in Thevana and something I always really appreciate about him. It's like they just almost grab popular culture by the scruffer neck and said Michael Jackson hammer, sit the fuck down, shoe fly, shoe fly, make way for Mark McGrath. This has been gay's pop culture coin.
Speaker 4: One thing for me is I always look back and go to shave it. I hate that I missed Nirvana because they were done by ninety three ninety four, right because Klonel passed Bay ninety four, the band was essentially done by like ninety three. Oh yeah, they weren't. They were on the downfall in the sense that they weren't they were rocky, they were splitting out. Just Kurt wasn't in the good place. You can't really remember much shit before you're like four or five, and I was five and ninety three. So I have memories of my next door neighbor who her name was Daddy L and she was sort of like the older kid who'd always like, I'd go over her house and she'd show me some albums and things like that. I remember she would play Nirvana, but I don't know whether that was whilst I was still a band or whether that was Post's death. But my earliest memories in Navana were just this cool girl next you just pie Nevana.
Speaker 5: One might say you were almost in utero at the time. Yeah, exactly right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I just I have no memories of them being a band at the time I was. My childhood was just the groove town. Was the Groovetown? That's one of my trivia questions.
Speaker 5: But anyway, that's one that all fail because I've already forgot the name. But that was also a good piss take of just the new Jack swing and love to You.
Speaker 4: That's boys to men.
Speaker 5: So I think it's boised men.
Speaker 4: I feel like they're a default band when you hear a song that you're like, it's boised to men, right.
Speaker 5: Very much? Slow Dancer proms, Yes.
Speaker 4: Yes, what's the other song that end of time?
Speaker 5: I think we're singing them in exactly the same although we've come to the end of the real end of the road. Yes, so don't really be dancing out with your best girl at prom because like, wait a minute, you're going after college and you're probably going to sleep with this closing time. Meanwhile, I'm going to go work at Laser Tag. But yeah, but good, good soundtrack all round. And I thought sad Gasm songs are actually pretty good song they were, They're my favorite.
Speaker 4: But also I really like Margarine as it's good Serene as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I just liked them sort of. I think the professor really embodied a but just the early days of political correctness. Now we have quote unquote who woke culture.
Speaker 4: We had this in the nineties that just went all the way over it didn't he Oh yeah, anything that's checked like a penis is bad.
Speaker 5: Man. You've got audiences in twenty two before going you know, he's onto.
Speaker 4: Something he's got. I just really enjoyed. I thought you about to l like this. It's kind of like a Devil's Advocate. It's kind of random, kind of silly. It's not as good as Devil's Advocate. Obviously, nothing will be. But throwing the oxygen, throwing the things. Where would I get my oxygen? Makes no sense.
Speaker 5: I should have looked this up before him. But I don't know if it was in the nineties of the two thousand, but oxygen bars were kind of okay, yeah, where you could just go and get like pure H two own and apparently get you not high, but walt feeling. I feel kind of refreshed, kind of like a like a detox in some way comes out of the store where we get my oxygen world rusty. So yeah, we're my favorites. What did you enjoy?
Speaker 4: So I've already gone through mine, So Oxygen, the sid and just the songs in general, because I saw a really sweet moment and just that the song choice as well of Bittersweet Symphony was in here closing time. Those songs just epitomize the nineties, you know, like not the nineties pop, nineties rock, you know what I mean? Like Bittersweet Symphony was huge from when I was a child. Yeah, and they got in trouble because they copied Rolling Stones obviously, but in closing.
Speaker 5: A little bit bad. It was it Richard Ashcroft from Yeah the verb yeah, because I mean the Stone's got enough money, can't get rid to the bar.
Speaker 4: But closing Time for me, whenever you hear closing time, you get taken back to ninet ninety seven. Right, It's just you get sucked. It's like a time capture. You showed back to closing time at a nightclub in the who's the band?
Speaker 5: Subsonic?
Speaker 4: Yeah, something sonic, isn't it? Yeah, Closing Time is sung by semi sonic Sam, Yeah, I knew something Sonic. Yeah, that's a great song really, But he's my anecdote, right, So we're talking about songs that sounded the same, right, because we all singing under the end of the bl blah blah. So my friend of mine, local musician Nathan six, I'll give him a shout out right changing sex six six S do W E c K T S six Right, Okay, he has a child and he was okay, yeah, and his child he's a guitarist, like he's a musician and his son's playing like guitar, so just like strumming it. Yeah, he's singing the A, B C right, and then towards the end of it he's sort of like flubs the losing gaze aby. Now twin good twin maybe singing to it. Either way, it's like he realizes in that moment he's like twin killed twin kirl. Now no, wait a minute, let's say song. You can see that Cole is going. He transitioned into another song without realizing. He gets halfway through the second version goes, wait a.
Speaker 5: Minute, the words, the whole words alive. There are only six songs in everything. Active Creation is a slide variation from there on.
Speaker 4: You can see the pause and anyone starts clapping, and you can see that and his head's going, don't clap.
Speaker 5: This is.
Speaker 4: This is all what's going on here. But yeah, all right, so let's get into trivia.
Speaker 5: But before the actually stone cutters.
Speaker 4: Oh okay then, because we do love KDG, don't.
Speaker 5: We, Just as Tony Stark loves his daughter three thousand, we love kd G one hundred, yeah, and she loves us one I got.
Speaker 4: There also shouts to our men, Andrew Swan keeping us alive or keeping the website alive anyway in the Discord, think you so much for support.
Speaker 5: Mane, you're doing it fifty dollars a time as well. That's Andrew, that's Andrews Andrews Zach, Zach definitely cut that out the other Zach cut that out as a joke. This is not a joke. Cut that out, and Swanny the Master of Discord.
Speaker 4: Yes, and Andrew's with his fifty dollars support absolute legend.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, of course.
Speaker 4: Andrew Elliot, Jo O'Neil from si Index podcast and the following people are our stonecutners as well. We've got Jonathan Mullman, Richie what, Rach Beasley, Jonathan.
Speaker 5: That's Jordan Moulman, Richie, What did I say? You said? Jonathan Mulman Richie, Oh.
Speaker 4: Jonathan Rossie, Oh my god, Zach cut it out, Megan Za.
Speaker 5: Sorry to everybody we're insulting.
Speaker 4: Jordan Mumaed Richie, Jonathan Rossi, Rach Beasley, Stephen Roberts, Shawn d V, Pete Anderson, Timothy Belson, Andrew Davis, Ryan Dunlap, Kevin Dentil, Planned Flood, Shandon Hofer, Ball of Window Bank, Jack McFadden, Heath Applebee, Adri McLeod Lewis Kavanagh, Martrel Even Rhese Roberts, Ginger and Pickle, Preston Murray, tala Enriquez, Declan Phoenix, Brian McCoy, Josh Hallier, Logan b James Sheppard, Joe Read and Sac Dave Petzels McNally, Gavin Lane, Damie Miller, and Isabella Murphy. Thank you so much for supporting us here being top tier supporters. Stonecutters at the four Finger Discout Network that the listeners going, what just happened? Guy Blue kisses to the camera.
Speaker 5: I should have blown them a bit louder. Yes, Shall I do it again? Do it again? Chef's kiss? Just kiss? Next question?
Speaker 4: You there eating the bast hip music. First question, I only have a few?
Speaker 5: Hm.
Speaker 4: You said this a lot. I don't even asked for three. So well, that's good.
Speaker 5: That's a dictionary definition of that's the requirement three. Okay? What Professor August's office hours three to five? Three or five?
Speaker 4: What is the name of the record studio where Homer lose the cop Lennion Cala Recording? Oh is a groove land Groovestone Groovestone.
Speaker 5: Speaking of records, sad Gasm's album Desolation Hatchback is released on which record label?
Speaker 4: Oh shit, didn't I didn't even hear that part.
Speaker 5: What was that? They had it listed in on the MTV music video and it was a few through Mucus Records, US records. All right, what were the three quotes from the Seinfeld moment?
Speaker 4: No soup for you, master of my Domain and human Newman is one. Yeah, it's a sponge waity and sponge wory.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes. And my final question for you, the DreamCatcher that Professor August gives Marge is from which tribe? No idea, it's lacon A Paine, lack of pain.
Speaker 4: Can we just say Professor August dirty dog right, one of these guys who, yes, was very big in the in the nineties and probably prior to from the I'm going to say from the sixties to the nineties, but even probably before then, learned man that experienced in worldliness, basically just being horn dogs to the young students, let me teach you a few things about, young lady. I have taught you about literature and art, and now it's time for the ways of love. May I kiss you, but yeah, that's then couching it in a very PC way. I mean, these days apparently well I don't know if they still are called soy boys or something like that, but in the nineties we called them snags sensitive new age guys. That's what I ate from buddies on a Saturday morning. There are good snags that you get off the new age guys. That's what I was eating it.
Speaker 5: You're eating me without making sense, the varying me. But yeah, you would have these guys who would essentially, you know, I really respect you and at the same time, I really want to jump your bones, but I'm not going to do it without your Yeah. Another phrase from the nineties, but maybe the eighties, probably just from Martin Light to Scollnest, but they would couch their horn dog tendencies in a great deal of respect and admiration for the divine feminine, you know they're not so basically just like babe, I really want to slam.
Speaker 4: There comes a point in time in life where you think that that's you know, girls just want you to be no emotional and consider it. If I say that sit to Nicholas, she'd go fuck.
Speaker 5: Off, mate. We get here out of what There are times when it's a fine line to walk. One wants to be respectful.
Speaker 4: One ye, Nikola never bought that ship. Never just oh yeah, look nick wants me to be nice, but not be a dickhead.
Speaker 5: That's the thing.
Speaker 4: Yes, that'd be a simp.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's simp that's the other word. Yes, soy boy is kind of that's very two thousand and late. Or hey, soy boy, simpers is the new hotness. But you gotta walk that fine line with me between being respectful of your of your romantic partner, but also god damn baby, you're so well I can't get your hands off.
Speaker 4: It depends if you want to end up in the frien zone of the end zone.
Speaker 5: We learned a bit about what happens after six pm. Those were my questions. Did you ask me one?
Speaker 4: Ask you one more? What was the name of the little toy Yachtipus?
Speaker 5: Oh damn it bitter sweet and he was playing I remember the whole scene. It was quite vivid, but I did not remember his name. Fuzzy. It's Cutipus, beautypuss. Okay, yeah it was it shoe fly a sugar pl.
Speaker 4: All right, So the original air of that ninety show, which confusing now when you google it.
Speaker 5: Because you get that shitty TV show.
Speaker 4: There is a TV show called that ninety. Yeah, did they do that eighty show as well? I think they did. It went for one season, maybe maybe two. It didn't work, But they've done that ninety show. But that's this is an actual, like direct sequel to that seventies So that eighty show was no reference to it at all around the previous and this one was like, hey, it's the original guys, but they're older and they've got their owin kids. Now are they all in it?
Speaker 5: Kush is not.
Speaker 4: I don't think Kutcher made an appearance.
Speaker 5: No, but Topa Grace is still the lead.
Speaker 4: Well he's not the lead, but he's yeah, he's in it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And Laura, Yeah, she's in it.
Speaker 5: And do you have any Laura propon? Yeah? So, and does anyone get that job? Did you have anything you've seen Wayne as well?
Speaker 4: And the guy who played.
Speaker 5: Yes, and oh that's right, because we should we shouldn't laugh, No, no, we should not laugh. What kurtwood Smith though, was back his.
Speaker 4: Dad right, Yeah, which was nice to see. And kiddy and their grandma and Grand.
Speaker 5: Debora Joe up. That's right.
Speaker 4: Good couple always looked old, so did kurtwood Smith.
Speaker 5: Though, even have you seen robot Cop? Yes, what do you think? Loved it? Such a dope movie. Let's not talk about let talk about Robock. We'll do it movie guys. We'll do movie guys on Robo Cop. But I look at him in that though, and he's like, I can see you're not old, but I don't know, you're kind of golamish. Maybe it's one hundred and fifty years old.
Speaker 4: Kind of looks like but obviously the guy and Lost is a lot better looking. But Lock oh yeah, similar kind of facial structure.
Speaker 5: A little bit yeah, which I mean not much.
Speaker 4: We'll kind of give it up on Lost. We're nearly the end of season two, okay, And I didn't want to say, like I thought Nicholas enjoyed. I said, Nicola kind of feels like it's going nowhere, and she's just like, yeah, I'm getting the same vibe.
Speaker 5: It's starting to feel like it's we've got a branch off and do interesting new ship. There's only so much we can do with this.
Speaker 4: Jack has never been into for like five episodes it's like they've just run out of shit to do. Yeah, it's like backstory, backstory, backstory.
Speaker 5: And I was like, just start watching the X Files again. Oh, that's what's happening. Absolutely, And if you if you listen to TV launch Pod, you'll understand why, because Dan and I was just like, oh, you know what's really.
Speaker 4: Good is the Xbox Ma she seending each other. X files means for the.
Speaker 5: Actually I did send you one this morning, didn't I?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so x Files. It was the latest episode of TV launch Pod where we Go we haven't checked it out already. We go and we reviewed the part episodes of classic TV show in this week. It looks like it's going to be How I Met Your.
Speaker 5: Mother, although yes, I am starting to regret actually proposing that as a title because the competition was news Radio. And then Dan and I started talking about news radio yesterday and how hey, you know who's in this is Phil Harmon? Well, Andy do but Joe Rogan that's interesting, Dave Foley from Kids at the Hall, And who's the lead? More Attiney I think is the female lead?
Speaker 4: I'll tell you right now, yeah, because if it is, she was in a movie that I watched on the weekend and she was really good in it. Vicky Lewis is Beth Marotteini yestiny.
Speaker 5: Yeah. She's a movie called The Iron Claw, which you might dig because Stephen Ritzen as well Steve what a cast what a cur but bangers except Andy.
Speaker 4: Dick, who should be like, yeah all he got his head banged into a bar by John Lovet's So that is one of my favorite stories of ALTA.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we love it.
Speaker 4: It would have been made that story better if it didn't bait his head into the bar. If you just bitch slapped. Have you seen the video of a guy I don't know obviously out of the fight whatever, and this guy walks in, kisses the back of his hand and his bit slaps him, knock him clean out. Oh my goodness, that's one of my favorite videos ever. This guy is just like talking shit. This guy walks in, doesn't do nothing, goes kiss in the back of his hand and slaps this guy. It's the kiss first.
Speaker 5: The kiss is just incredible.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm going to show you after we finished. I don't believe and this guy just goes down.
Speaker 5: So look, we're probably going to be talking about how I met your mother, which is not bad. It's also I've got a castle have really good, really good performance backing it up with news radio. But I think we're going to do something on news radio.
Speaker 4: Yes for sure. I don't know whether you actually stream it anywhere. I've got on DVD.
Speaker 5: If you need to borrow it, I'm gonna I'm probably gonna need to borrow it. Yes, uh, but you know, I watch this movie called The Iron Claw, which you might like because it's about.
Speaker 4: On Eric's yes who the relations that I think is like the nephews or the grandsons were on a w this week.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, there you go, Dannel and I did not plan this. We never planned anything. As you can tell, Zach edit it, Zach make his look profecial, but Iron Claus was actually really good. Look and go what's the deal with Zach? I was like someone's been drinking the Jews.
Speaker 4: Apparently it's very very sort of was what was it the mehmi of Rhapsody style where it's like a good story, Yeah, really accurate, but a good story.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah yeah. I mean the guy plays Rick Flair is terrible or something. I don't know enough about Ric Flair. I thought Okay, I know, I know of Rick Flair. It's just a style and profile and woo. They have a lot of woo with it. But it was a good movie, incredibly sad because, yeah, I said, I don't think I'm gonna think I said to Lou, I don't think it's going to go things are going well with the von Erics, Yes, and things went really bad for the bon Erics.
Speaker 4: So the way I love that how I said, we're gonna get into the stab of the episode about ten minutes ago. I didn't even read the air date out what what happened?
Speaker 5: Well, we haven't done the whole this is the title, this is the board. There's no board.
Speaker 4: I said, let's get into the review. And then stopping happened?
Speaker 5: You and I just like talking.
Speaker 4: We just spoke for ten minutes.
Speaker 5: But yeah.
Speaker 4: The original January twenty seven, two thousand and eight, written by Matt Salmon, directed by Mark Kirkland, I Guess stars from Widow, Yanke Vick, who returned again, and Kurt Loder as himself from MTV News. The couch gag was the family sitting on the couch the screen gyms out to show them as a painting in a museum with a handwritten caption cessan nest pass.
Speaker 5: Sittingug in good Guess, which is a reference to the famous nineteen twenty nine painting by Renee Magrite. I'm not rich pronouncing that called the Treachery of.
Speaker 4: Images, sort of says here in the Wikipedia, because you know that's trans well, that translates to this is not a couch yag.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and the original picture is a pipe with underneath. This is not a pipe. It's like, but it's a part. I think it is a pipe, yeah, which point mcgret goes, No, No, it's a picture of a pipe, not actually a pipe. Picture of a pipe and a whole bunch of friends. She said, what the fuck you get that?
Speaker 4: That meme of calies from Bill and Dead, who.
Speaker 5: The best one of those I ever saw? Was like, what if cats hav An, isn't it? It's just pictures of us? He's so funny. He was getting sad I feel about because I just caught myself in the in the monitor there. I thought I was trying to pull the Keanu Reeves face of like whoa, and instead I looked like that guy who was in the audience of America's got Talent or Australie John Talent.
Speaker 4: Oh man, we do we have to do?
Speaker 5: We have to pivot the video? Can we just do audio? People say, hey, you've got a lovely boys, but your face but her face good face for radio. I mentioned that those guys earlier. If you if you were listening to our Most ReBs episode, a recent episode of Going down to Sound Park, I will tell you about the Lovely Louise and I went to a ball on her birthday, give her a birthday message. Yesterday was the Lovely Louise's birthday. Happy birthday, beautiful. I love you so much. Yes. And also I never watched the show.
Speaker 4: I don't think I've spoken about this on four figure discout yet, but I may have mentioned how my mum had a cancer scare recently ships successful surgery. They feel like they've got it all out and she needs to have scanser for six months just to do backup check.
Speaker 5: So it all worked out well. Thumbs up.
Speaker 4: But I'm mum kick cancers s Yes, exactly right, just in case I haven't mentioned on this podcast.
Speaker 5: So it's good news all round. It is good news on fourteen dix sounds. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So the episode starts off and I've got here Christmas episode.
Speaker 5: Oh, by the way, just let me wrap up that we went to the ball on Saturday night and the band that was playing was a local Couver band called Good Faces or good Heads for Radio. Good head Fredia his good Faces Fredia. It might be good Faces Forreda. They were solid. Yeah, gets some good tunes. I got out and danced a lot lose. Good friend Madeline said, we hadn't seen a guy like that before. She referred to me as the ball guy. I said, the ball guy. That's pretty obvious. No, no, no, the ball guy, ala the fall guy. I said, well, that's a pun worthy of guy Davis himself. Then she hung up. It's like, fuck that guy all right? Now? Will you return you to that ninety show already in progress?
Speaker 4: Yes, forty minutes of the episode. Oh my god, you're getting a bonus episode. So the the starting while she's going, is this gonna be a Christmas episode? It's like, it's cold, there's no Christmas in this size. The fact that it's called at the start and they throw their well, there are.
Speaker 5: Other things that happen in winter besides Christmas.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but there's a Christmas song playing on the on.
Speaker 5: The What is that winter Wonderland? Or yeah? Which is a Christmas song? I guess so it's a Christmas song. Slaves ring, I forgot slave bells. Probably a Christmas song? Win to Wonderland.
Speaker 4: So he throws what is a it's not a it's not a record players? Something else a gramophone? Yes, throws that, and the fire throws all their warm closer to the fire to.
Speaker 5: Keep them warm. Not a bad gag.
Speaker 4: This felt a bit forced with the thought global woman would take care of it. Al Gore could do nothing right.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 4: I just feel like Homer isn't smart enough to make these kind of jokes. But you know, they like to sleep and sleep sleep.
Speaker 5: I like to show how politically astute they are. Yep. But it shouldn't be saying that when Matt's gonna be on the net, Salmon thinks he's so SMARTT Salmon, you're so smart.
Speaker 4: So Season nineteen Simpsons can't go without having a list gag bar It's magazines, out Popular Sayings, red Book, you can tell Big and Tall, Halloween Cushion catalog, and then it's the memory box. I'm just like, why does every I've had one of these moments now, yeah, it's literally every moment every episode.
Speaker 5: Now, well this feels like the rise of the Internet as well, when listicals were a big thing. Yeah.
Speaker 4: True, but season eighteen was all side showed malt. We haven't had much side sho mail season nineteen.
Speaker 5: Have We don't even them blaining.
Speaker 4: Now it's now it's lists. It's like they have their the writer's room every year has their little It's always.
Speaker 5: Going to be something new, isn't it down done? Yeah, you're always going to find something to take issue, which kind you does? Enjoy stuff?
Speaker 4: So it's the memory box you're going to throw much.
Speaker 5: Just don't do that.
Speaker 4: And Lisa finds that she's got a college degree. What do you mean, how do you have a college dereow? I thought that bless you with the unplanned miracle of me, as Bart says, and she tries to but there's a bar here, tries to explain the logic of was it Lisa, if we're ten and two mats yes, So basically it's actually not a.
Speaker 5: Bad side gag that she just does this really elaborate kind of mathematical equation. It's really just you could have done a little long division.
Speaker 4: To eight minus ten.
Speaker 5: Yes, pretty much.
Speaker 4: Yes, But basically this is their way, is Matt's way of explaining, Look, the timeline doesn't make sense. Let's just have some with it, yes, and don't take it seriously. What if yeah, what if? Yes, So margin Homer, they moves into the nineties.
Speaker 5: Now, so they're talking about the nineties when, as Homer points out, young people did believe in their dreams. It really was a kind of thing where it's you can work your shitty minimum frame of reference. I was my age corresponds with the decades pretty well, and that I was born in nineteen sixty nine, so you in your twenties. Yeah. Yeah. I entered the nineteen nineties a fresh face, twenty year old. Yeah, this is the time when you were becoming well, you were in Homers, you were Homer. I was essentially Homer and remain so to this day. Yeah. But it was like the nineties felt like, yeah, you know, times are a little bit tight in some ways, and you know the problems that always exist, but it really feel like wow, and things just about possible. We've got this thing called the Internet. You can came with just about anyone in the world. Learn all these different things, fantastic.
Speaker 4: It's like we grew up. You know, I was a nineties child. We had s Club seven saying don't stop, never give up was the anthem. But I did like that Bart had never heard of the nineties as well, if he was probably one of the biggest icons of the nineties.
Speaker 5: Very good point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so margin hope of moving into their apartment and I think it was called Springfield Palace. It was his various apartments or was the palace.
Speaker 5: It was always a place because they were doing a bit of a riff on Melrose Place.
Speaker 4: Of course they work, they said, because of Meloe's Place.
Speaker 5: We had. Yes. By the way, if you are interested in the nineties at all, get on YouTube and just look up the Melrose Place opening credit.
Speaker 4: I never watched it. I just know how to lock the ear was in it.
Speaker 5: She was a bit later when it's because initially was like, yeah, we're going to do like a not a serious show about you know, well, it was going to be a grown up version of Beverly Hills. And it's the same guy who created it. Okay, Yeah, we're young and gorgeous and we're trying to make it in la And after a while it just became.
Speaker 4: Like a weird soapie because who was it that made it? Darren Starr star who was the spelling? Aaron Spelling, Aaron spell?
Speaker 5: Oh what was she in? Tory spelling? Was in Tory spelling? But yeah, Aaron Spelling was like the executive producer of those they Yes.
Speaker 4: Was it because he has something to do with those shows?
Speaker 5: Didn't? Yeah? Yeah, Now, whether it was just the Tory connection or he actually gave him a little backing because you know, he was one of the biggest names in TV. I can't remember, but she was like one of the original NEPO babies because you're looking at the Castle No. Two and going Wow, Luke Perry, Wow, Shannon Doddy ripped to both by the way, Wow Jason, all these good looking people and Tory Spelling. So she was attracted ish yeah, attracted ish Yeah, I have to be attractive adjacent.
Speaker 4: Look at us being or nineteen nineties judging people by their looks.
Speaker 5: I know this is not very twenty twenty four of us.
Speaker 4: But basically, so they're moving into the partment. Kirkie is still a simp for Luanne Luenne always DTF but not a good wife. I don't think no, no, and also disrupting his six hour six hours internet download. Yes, get her photo of her cheating on him. Marge and Homer are eating noodles.
Speaker 2: I'm afraid it's.
Speaker 6: Top Rayman again with you, baby, top Ramen tea like coup o noodles. You know he's a Kia foam food done do velcrow together.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I'm not ready to do that yet. I want to wait until I'm married or at least really drunk again.
Speaker 5: One of those things was like, you know what, it's cool. I work my minimum wage job. I've got enough to get a pack of marlbro lights and a pack of Maggie two minute noodles.
Speaker 4: Now do you think they had Marge here say that she doesn't have sex until she's married, right, so that you would never think that she's having sex with a professor.
Speaker 5: Oh that's a good point. Yeah, I mean I thought maybe it was the one concession to the original timeline, like it's branched off a little bit, but now it's going to go back into the yeah, the ot yeah to speak. But that's a really good point about Oh no, she's keeping herself pew up.
Speaker 4: So yeah, because if she was sleeping with the professor.
Speaker 5: You'd be like, oh mar oh March, Yeah, what are you Luyanne? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I think that that was the sort of a litle plot points, so you wouldn't think that she slipped in with the professor.
Speaker 5: Maybe, I don't know.
Speaker 4: So now there are Groupstone Records and home is in an inoffensive urban light hip hop smooth groove band.
Speaker 5: I'll make rub to you? What I'll make rub to you? Mean? Well, wasn't the song I'll make love to you? Yeah? But he said I'll make rub Okay, Well it's I suppose it's probably even sexier I'll make rub to you. It just sounds like I'll make love to you. Yeah, yess sir. I was trying to Color Me Bad. That was the band that I was thinking. When were they? I don't know, I never heard of them. Have you never heard of collor Me Bad? They had a song called I Want to Sex You Up? I want to sex you up? Okay, but they seem like a very united I want to make you sweat. I know that song, La la la la long. I'm going to have to do a bit of google on color Me Bad, which is a sentence that no one has ever said in the last ten years.
Speaker 4: It's funny how there's so many songs from my childhood that I put on now for the kids to listen to, and I go, I don't think my kids singing this like boom boom boom, I Wants You in My Room?
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh shit, Wait a minute. All these popular songs and teenagers are about.
Speaker 4: What about the backtor words? Am I sex you?
Speaker 5: Well? Yeah, we're fucking eight. You have you watched the documentary on Loup Perlman on Netflix called Dirty Pop?
Speaker 4: No, but I saw the start of it. It's like, now you have to watch it.
Speaker 5: Yes, otherwise guy's going to be talking about is the bad boy the group his face? Yeah? Sign it on your bingo card, folks, Guys talking about John Stewart on SNL doing the Loup perlmlting again. Call me bad years active nineteen eighty five to nineteen ninety eight, then twenty ten, twenty nineteen, now twenty twenty two to pressents. I keep taking a break. Help help?
Speaker 4: What was it was it?
Speaker 5: Help? I Need money? What was that song the Simpsons I'm Hungry you Need Money or something like that? Again? Unified Theory of four Finger Discount. They made a cameo appearance as themselves on a nineteen ninety two episode of Beverly Hills nine oh two, Wow, Okay, Full Circle, Yes Indeed, nominated for two Grammys, won two Soul Trained Music Awards, and were nominated for five Hours. Their music appeared in New Jack City and Glee. That's two Great Taste That Taste back together. Best know for the singles I Want to Sex You Up and All for Love By the Way, colum Me Bad had two d's and color Me Bad. Oh Yeah, you gotta be bad? Yes indeed, Okay, you gots the sass. This has been your history lesson on New Jack Swing in the nineteen nineties with your host Guy Davis. We now return you to that ninety show.
Speaker 4: Marge says that the relationship is about to unravel, though, like Kevin Costner's career due to her getting into college.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a bit harsh, felt just that.
Speaker 4: Feels like one of those jokes where it's just like shoehorn in a little bit.
Speaker 5: It was a bit although, Yeah, Costner's career in the nineties was a fascinating series of people now but they're not because Horizon, well he was on yellow side with the bigger shows on TV. He decided to take all his money mortgage some of his many properties and like, I'm gonna self finance my great American Western that nobody went to see. He's like, I'm gonna make it in four parts. No one went to see the first part, and now Netflix is like, we'll pick up the rest for the pennies on the dollar. Yeah, bad luck for Kevin, although I find it cold water World. What a world? What a world? Water World? War? All right? Mars.
Speaker 4: Basically, so she's got into college here and home is kind of annoyed, and she's like, it's going to be an expensive dream, and he gets, you know what, you deserve it, so he says, I'm going to go.
Speaker 5: Make a dumblast joke about college and collage. Yea, I did not appreciate it.
Speaker 4: So Homer says he's going to go make money to so she can pay for her college by going back and getting job with his dad. And grandpa owns a laser tag, which we're big in the nineties and I still kids still enjoyed them now, but they're not like the thing anymore. They feel dated now, like you're playing laser tag. It's like this feels this feels like when you put out the PlayStation one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they do. They have laser tag at Laser Questions. Yeah, okay, I ever did it twice. I think I maybe did it once. And my nephew Rory actually had like a home game of.
Speaker 4: Laser tag them as well. Yeah, the blue things that struck around your chest. Yeah, we'll give you a little shot. I might even get a shock mine.
Speaker 5: It's just a shot really like malfunctioned.
Speaker 4: I was shocked when I got shocked. Didn't say that come, but mine would just make like a beeping sound. Yeah okay, yeah, So anyway, the pussy version, yes, so you know, he says to Grandpa, I need money. We need money for none.
Speaker 5: Of your business.
Speaker 4: They give me a job at your business, and Hope turns off the machine. The kids are beating up at Laser quest anyway, Margin arrives at college and she's loving just the scenery and just the vibe and coming book.
Speaker 5: Guys.
Speaker 4: There, as you were saying earlier, sitting on the grass, this place is just.
Speaker 2: Like the brochure autumnly ball sessions.
Speaker 1: And that is why the Lord of the Rings can never be filmed.
Speaker 4: So this is meant to be a parody of Kabaye. But this doesn't feel like just an early nineties parent. It feels just like the nineties decade page. Yes, yeah, well Scie Felt wasn't around. Oh I guess it just started when when was a thing?
Speaker 5: That's funny my theater in decades is you know you always talk about them, they're always broken into halves.
Speaker 4: Well, for me, the nineties started in ninety four. That's all I can remember. I can't remember before that.
Speaker 5: That's the thing. The first half of the nineties feels very different to the second half. And it's just as the first half of the eighties feels very different to the second half.
Speaker 4: When you get to like nineties playlists, you can tell when a song was early nineties, when a.
Speaker 5: Song was late night. Absolutely you can.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel it in the eighties though. Do you think that the eighties just sounds like the eighties?
Speaker 5: Oh? No, absolutely not, no, no no. And when you know you've got sort of what we commonly viewers eighties nostalgia, it's all very neon and dayglow. That's from eighty five onwards. Yeah, the first half of the eighties is very bland, it's basically bleed over from the seventies. So really okay, oh yeah, I mean no, there's a lot of good stuff in there, but it's more sort of beige and brown.
Speaker 4: But when was Obviously this is not an iconic song of the nineties for me, it is, but the song from foot Trot Flats, Oh it oppens, Slice Heaven that's eighties?
Speaker 5: Is that late eighties old? Because I remember dancing out it my not a fucking.
Speaker 4: Song right, high school prom I love Shards. That's one of the songs where if it comes on, I have to listen to it and I smile.
Speaker 5: The entire time. Dave Doblinds in the films, him and all these guys just in a pub, just dancing, just dancing. What a song? I think I picked up a couple of dance moves from the Slice and Slash. A good song.
Speaker 4: Yeah, great song. Yeah, all right, enough about the eighties and the nineties. Let's go we should talk about the ninety because that's what this episode is. So she's got into college and she's really enjoying the vibe of everything, and uh, they like to So she goes to the cultural history lecture. We bought all you required textbooks, throw them away. That just sums up university, in school, school in general.
Speaker 5: I'm guessing there are a lot of professors and teachers who got into the profession because they saw Robin Williams of Dead Poets Society, throw away those textbooks. It's damn for me to teach you the actual all the ship I teach you life. Yeah, you think you're here to learn about literature, You're actually here to learn about life.
Speaker 4: Speaking of Robin Williams, a clip came up on social media to day.
Speaker 5: I think it was Twitter. Was he talking about Trump? No, no, no, no.
Speaker 4: It was just it was from Goodbill Hunting where he was talking about how he misses his wife's farts. Oh yeah, and the what a fucking scene?
Speaker 5: Really good.
Speaker 4: They're the things you remember. Goes, you know, I spent all these years with it. But that's the ship I remember.
Speaker 5: But it'd so loud you woke up the dog.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's the ship you remember.
Speaker 5: Yeah. And I don't know if that's the scene where they sort of zoom in on on will that damon and the cameras sort of shaking. That's because the camera abraider was laughing. Was the oka, Yeah, and Gus van sand who directed and said, O kaep it in it works, and I really did, Rob Williams Lord.
Speaker 4: Na, the world's never been the same. It's kind of like Phil Hartman comedy was never the same really, and then as soon as when left the world, it just didn't feel the same anymore.
Speaker 5: Lose, like a foundational block, but it felt like a piece of the puzzles missing. The puzzle's not going to be quite complete again. You can, maybe you know, shape someone to be similar to, but Na one of a kind, one on one.
Speaker 4: So he's basically Professor August here luring margin with the feminist, anti male.
Speaker 5: Well yeah, with his yeah, very very enlightened worldview.
Speaker 1: That's why instead of x X, I think of the female genes in a more positive light.
Speaker 2: Plus plus, professor, do you think white male scientists have marginalized the contributions of the third world?
Speaker 1: Great question, and the answer is, of course, could a tribe a bushmen have invented penicillin? Maybe they already have, but no one asked them, No one asked them.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So she's talking to it to Homer about everything she's learned in class, and did you say everything every president was a straight white man. It's like, oh, okay, I see what this guy's doing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it's a bit of a play on how naive you are when you first get your first taste of sort of like quote unquoite higher learning. Yeah, yeah, and oh my god, yeah, it's in front of her eyes the entire time. Oh did you know? Yeah, I forgot which pill does what in the matrix? Blue pill puts you back in the matrix, right right, yea, yeah, because it's all been sort of.
Speaker 4: I'm going back into matrix.
Speaker 5: Mate. How many times have.
Speaker 4: We said I am Cyrus.
Speaker 5: Joey Pants has just got the right idea. Give me a rare steak, and you know, I want to be famous, not super famous, but just famous enough that I know. Have you heard that story about Kevin Bacon about how recently he had like a makeup job and like disguises so he could go out as not Kevin Bacon. He's like, it sucked, really, no one was nice to me. I had to stand in life by copy like a chump. And it made sense because he's been glad to be normal. He's been pretty much famous his entire life, well not his entire.
Speaker 4: Life, but He's almost like a meme now, isn't.
Speaker 5: He very much so? But from about the age of twenty or so with the original think he was yeah, and he's you know, in his mid sixties now. So that's two thirds of your life that you've just.
Speaker 4: Been Hey and a person who people want to get a photo with and is cool yes, as opposed to yeah, I'm got a photo of Kevin Bacon. It's like that's cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but not everyone's tacond photos of him all the time. It's like, oh, what you mean. I can't leave dunkin Donuts with a coffee and a couple of bear claws like Ben Affleck. Anyway, I don't know how we got to that story.
Speaker 4: But we're talking about Kevin Bacon. How we get to Kevin Bacon?
Speaker 5: That's what I was curious about. One of the six degrees that Kevin Bacon.
Speaker 4: Marge was falling for Professor's learning. I don't know, Robin william Robin Williams, we'll never get there, so.
Speaker 5: Let's get back to where we were. It's a lot like this episode of that ninety show that was just a what if tangent?
Speaker 4: Yes, it really was.
Speaker 5: It's not official cannon of full finger discount.
Speaker 4: So they're at the front of the university. This is where she makes the sound and he was like, that's a weird. So I've never heard that sound before.
Speaker 5: Are you sick?
Speaker 4: And so she's falling for the professor after one class. So now we cut back and we had a really weird sort of like ratcon here with the gas man trying to fix the gas, like, this is what's going on here. They're telling a story back in the Springford house, and it just felt like a bit of a random moment that they'll mean to the gas man.
Speaker 5: I felt sorry for gas man. Yeah, monkey out and trying to make the gas flow.
Speaker 4: So Marge says that, you know, I was falling from my professor more and more. And the guy just keeps putting putting down. White males is just white male put down, put down, put down. March just getting sucked in because of this, And then Marge's study. We did some good things something we do this podcast exactly. Yeah, Marge is now studying whilst.
Speaker 5: That makes it for so many things.
Speaker 4: This is where he's watching Seinfeld.
Speaker 6: Oh Lane, will you ever find someone who's sponge worthy?
Speaker 2: Professor Margas says the situation comedy is a doom genre.
Speaker 6: Here's what I say to that, No, super you, because I am master of my domain new Man.
Speaker 4: You're right sort of shoehorns in all the gags, all the quotes. But that's kind of what people were doing in the nineties. They were quoting Seinfeld a lot, weren't they. But the Master of My Domain we talked about it on the episode The Contest of Talking Seiinnfeler. Check it out if you haven't already where that didn't feel like a quote that anyone would naturally say in real life, and that people were trying it.
Speaker 5: Weren't they. Oh yeah, have you seen the Udi that's just got all the Seinfeld quotes on it, Lose Loose sun has Okay, Yeah, well it's got you know, YadA YadA and no soup for U and all that kind of stuff. So yeah, I mean, for a show that was pretty smart and very you know, well constructed and well put together and well acted, it did seem really reliant on catchphrases, or it did seem to want to make fetch happen.
Speaker 4: It's like once once the first one picked up, they went, oh this is something.
Speaker 5: This is something we can Yeah, we can maybe make T shirts out of this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, but do we do merch?
Speaker 5: Do we do some merch?
Speaker 4: We got Uncle Rico, We should definitely do some forking a discap merch? Would you guys be interested in the Fortking a discap? I'm probably mugs, right, coffee mugs?
Speaker 5: Yeah, or like my head is like a pintalel. I think mugs. Yeah.
Speaker 4: But Homer here what she said, I wish you would support my comments and my beliefs. And He's like, I worked really hard all day to pay for your education. They just want to sit there and watching TV. This is my support. Yeah, And I'm just like, you know what, I'm pro Homer here home has done nothing wrong the whole he was keeping it back. It doesn't work in this story. He was wasn't really supportive at first, but then he worked hard.
Speaker 5: Well, it's pay for education. It's it's misunderstandings and just blind spots on the part of I guess both of them. When you're at a stage where it's like, oh, I'm learning so much about the world and everything else, and you know, I've found these interesting things to say or interesting ways of looking at the world. And I want to share it with the one that I love, and they're kind of like, really, just rather watch the footy and it's kind of that's where you get your wife to the footy as well. Am I actually with the right person? And yeah? And on the other hand, you know, I was like, really, I'm busting us at the laser quest, you know, through Cologe so he can own you. Yeah, you're a thing. Yeah that's professor.
Speaker 4: We'll get to that sleazy guy. So he's got marks all over his stomach, in his back because the kids keep shooting in the laser tag and she was robbing his back for him, and she realizes that she's having visions of him being a professor.
Speaker 5: August with his toy blazer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Homer and Marge now in bed with closing time playing.
Speaker 5: That was really it was a poignant yeah kind of thing because I mean no lines were needed. You and Nicola, of course, have a wonderful relationship. I'm sure you have never had moments where you've been laying and you sort of have your backstone to one that was like not that, oh this person doesn't have sent me. But you may have had moments like, oh, we we're not on the same page about this. I feel a little distant.
Speaker 4: Well, we never Nickola and I have a rule. You never go to bed, never go to be angry. Yeah, I've done the same, but every once in a while you might work. I hope she doesn't leave me something just still there. But closing Time is just a great song.
Speaker 5: It's a great musical accompanying to accompaniment to that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, things aren't going well though for them at all. Meanwhile, August is talking up her art and he says, you call missed the farm, so he's just make it more personal now. And Homer has a little message here I miss you, and he somehow makes the turns that into a negative.
Speaker 5: I'm like, fuck you, fuck you man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh thanks, it's just a note for my boyfriend.
Speaker 1: Let me guess he's a high school flame who's preventing you from flowering.
Speaker 2: Almost perfect for me. Just look at this note I miss.
Speaker 1: You, actually, Marge. If I may deconstruct that letter when he writes I miss you, I is the subject and you is the object. You are his object, but.
Speaker 2: Almost so supportive. He's paying for you to go to college.
Speaker 1: He's paying for you like he owns you. I'm sorry, but that is oppression.
Speaker 2: Well, I know you never say anything that is an objective March.
Speaker 1: Your assignment is to think about what I have said about your relationship. When is it do before it's too late?
Speaker 4: Steph and how May comes looking for Madge at university and they all make fun of his pronunciation of his wam.
Speaker 5: They call him a towny anyway go back to town yeah or does he miss? I think his pronounces the surname of the artist.
Speaker 4: I think it's the first name because it will say Joe, I thought, And then they say anyway anyway, but you know they're all making fun of him. Homer walks in and she's having a chat with August with the with the dreamcatch or whatnot. This is nothing like Animal House. I smashed a Beaty's guitar and he sued me successfully. Bahoma can't can't sing R and be aniemore. He's just he's down trotted. He's just he feels like margin's gonna leave him. He's lost his girl and he's what really hard for her. So he turns the R and B into guitar rock, utilizing as a Then it's grunching or something whatever, but it's.
Speaker 5: Great because the word grunge is actually part of the acronym.
Speaker 4: Yes, so now they're sad gasm and they're seemed politically in correct. And I've got here it sounds like Luthian, but apparently it's Francis Farmer. Anyway, it's it's.
Speaker 5: Catchy, it's brown. Hey, it's white love.
Speaker 6: It's black.
Speaker 5: Step Night, King of Num, colotent.
Speaker 3: Of Hurt, really dark dum.
Speaker 5: Jesse duck dot kurrent Current.
Speaker 1: It's Marvin, your cousin, Marvin Cobain.
Speaker 5: You know that new sound you're looking for, Well, listen to this.
Speaker 4: We get a back to the future reference here. Hey, it's your cousin.
Speaker 5: It's funny, we're talking about political greatness and all that. I mean, some people take back to the Future to task because it's like, oh, so you're saying Chuck Berry didn't invent rock and roll, that there was actually a white man that did it.
Speaker 4: You mean Jonanan didn't, right, imagine Forrest Gump did.
Speaker 5: But you've got people, yeah, very online people that will say, yeah, the back the Muture is pretty racist and also, you know, kind of kind of sexist.
Speaker 4: I said that a white guy wrote, Okay.
Speaker 5: Can't we just enjoyed Back to the Future, such a good movie.
Speaker 4: But Marge leaves for the professor because she ses the band and he basically, what is it? He says, he walks something.
Speaker 5: This isn't entertainment, this is genocide or something.
Speaker 4: I know, you have a bit of a little test here. And she leaves with the professor because I think he says something on the lines and the guy's like, I can do that, and she jumps on his bike and wides off, and I was like, March, what are you doing? And then the girl walks up says, can you sew my boobs? And you write Marge come back? And I just think they painted Homer as really sympathetic throughout this entire episode.
Speaker 5: No, we didn't get any jerk house home.
Speaker 4: Well, we designed to feel bad for homework. That's the That's what I was getting. I was feeling bad for having the entire time. It sounds bad, right because this guy's just swiped in and Marge has fallen for It's just weird.
Speaker 5: She fell under his spell. Yeah, his academic spell.
Speaker 4: We come back from commercial and mum, why do you stop talking for two and a half minutes being in a commercial break? I was like, twenty yes, and then they're just splitting everything up and she's getting all the goodtuff. He's getting like the old the type writer. She's getting the computer or whatever.
Speaker 5: He well, he won though, because he's got the LP he's been She got the CDs, yes, but what was the stock? So he got en wrong and she got Microsoft? Yeah, Microsoft a big winner. Enron absolute disaster. Yes.
Speaker 4: Then they say who gets qute Puss? And he breaks it and then bittersweet symphony players. It's just it's another good use of music.
Speaker 5: Wasn't it. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So then he goes to mos which is now a cigar bar, which apparently was a big thing in the ninety cigar bars. Yeah, I don't really recall was old enough. Marge is now going on tour with Professor August to Springfield's most non wheelchair friendly restaurants because he's just a touchebag. It's just it's that epitomizes his character, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it felt a little much for me, But then, you know, we're talking about a twenty four minute sitcom episode. Of course we're going to sort of really go for the gusto when it comes to stereotyping and whatnot, and the oxygen gag here as well, which I liked. That was good.
Speaker 4: But Homer sings shave Me, which is a parody of rape me.
Speaker 6: Friends have played a bay.
Speaker 5: Shake me with.
Speaker 6: Your eye, irony man.
Speaker 4: We're now at August House and Sadgasm comes on the radio. Basically it's like I watched sports too, and he says this big melodramatic thing about the end zone or whatever.
Speaker 5: Is this where he says this is an entertainment, this is genocide. Yeah, because the Patriots are in the redskins en zon. It's like, come on, actually, pretty funny gig if it's funny, come on. Oh yeah, this is exactly where I've written. Okay, they're overdoing the professor. Yeah. Yeah, they're really laying on the political reckness aspect of it really heavily. But also there's the underlying smarminess and douchitess. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And it is the first time he has to go at March too because she puts on us the radio and Sadgasm comes on.
Speaker 5: He goes, no, I want whale songs, and it's like, oh.
Speaker 4: Shit, So he asked, can I compliment your appearance? May I preach you for a kiss? Harassment or willing consent. Willing consent.
Speaker 5: She's just like just kiss me like sake.
Speaker 4: It's very much Nicola. If I said can I, I always do say, Like, when you're gonna kiss Louise, do you say? Do you asked off for concept? But like, is this like a mutual eyesight, like okay, we're going for a kiss here or do you go, okay kiss you?
Speaker 5: Well, now it's just smooching on us.
Speaker 4: I remember the first time you say the bones jumping the bones.
Speaker 5: The first time I kissed, I said, I didn't say, can I kiss you? I don't really want to kiss you? He said, well, too bad?
Speaker 4: Who are you?
Speaker 5: And I'd rather be going out with Brad Pitt? But we can't hit everything we want? Who are Davis? You are?
Speaker 4: Do you remember the first words you said to Louise in person?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Was it? So? Was it a blind day? What was it? We met on Tinder? Ah? I was Tinder, that's right, and we talked online for about a week. I think we may I don't know if we chatted on the phone at all. We may have with video and you can actually put the hand to the ear. It actually makes sense. What are you talking about? When we met in person. The first thing I said to her was, I thought the photo of you was gonna be the prettiest thing I saw all night. Nice one, and she was gorgeous.
Speaker 4: Nichola walked in on me in a toilet, so I was We had a mutual friends party. It was the thirtieth of April, because it was the same night that the Prince Harry, Prince William and Kate got married. Because Nicola said she was watching because she came back from Perth that night and she was watching that on the television in the airport before she came back. A friend of mine, Phil, who've mentioned the show before, my best man at my wedding, he said, having a party at Someone told Howse she you want to come and I was like, I'm just finished radio. I was like, I'm pretty toys, id come come?
Speaker 5: Come?
Speaker 4: So we get there and Nichola had a mutual friend who knew this person. So I'd never met Nichol before. She'd been a jown for like a month before she went to Perth for visit. I never met during that time. She came back. The first night she came to that party. The toilet was in a bathroom, I used a toilet, was walking out. She walked in for first once, nicol ever said to him, She's like, fuck, you're a cute they aren't you.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 4: Since then, we spent two nights apart together at most, so we've just been together ever since.
Speaker 5: Then there was a rewriting history. Next first words were in fact light a match. That's a very sweet story.
Speaker 4: Yes, And then I very rarely made moves on girls like it was just but I had Nicholas. Like I remember saying to Nicola, no, and I was on the radio, but I never like used that as like a pickup line. But I was just like, I'm a djub on the radio and she was like bullshit, and I'm like, no, We've got like the logo on my ass, and she was like, we'll prove it. And I dropped my pants in the street to prove that I had the I've got a tedto on my ass of my radio show logo lost the bet during the show and I showed her that and she was just like, okay, cool, but.
Speaker 5: One might say one a bet.
Speaker 4: But then that's the thing. I was just like, I never tried it with anyone else, but for Nicola. For some reason, my brain was just like, no, you're going to try it with this person? Yeah when you know you know, yeah, it was just subconscious I was, but nope, keep going, keep trying.
Speaker 5: It'll pay off.
Speaker 4: Yes, and it did pay off, but the guys just being a douchebake here ask complimently appearance gets the spooch on with March but not having sex because she's not having sex to a marriage. We established this already. Homer now hates being famous. Every rock star's dream of hating being famous. And with our Yanke Vick is covering Shaved Me with his own song, and apparently Kirk Obain said, I never felt famous until we had covered my song. But you know, as Homer says, he he who was tired of weird al is tired of life.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 4: I was never like huge And with our Yankee Vick.
Speaker 5: Songs, no, I think I again.
Speaker 4: I appreciate everything he's done, but respected the game more than actually, yeah, well you're the one who's good at.
Speaker 5: This, aren't you. Yeah, I mean you're kind of.
Speaker 4: You've made it a thing. It's like you get all these kids bands and was like, no, you're not the Wiggles. The Wiggles made this a thing. He's like the he's the the Wiggles of that genre to Homer. Homers hate has being famous. Of course, So margin August are now at the lighthouse. But it's a fellow centric technocracy, violeting mother nature.
Speaker 5: It's like they're just told those ships can say.
Speaker 4: No everything Pinischet is bad. And she sees a wedding and this is what really this is where it really unravels. So she sees a wedding, Oh it's a wedding, or slavery's alive and well in Springfield, and you're like, shut.
Speaker 5: Up, they're this guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're over egging this particularly said I want to get married one day. Was like that make people think that women are still stupid. And she calls him associate professor jerk and he takes it to heart and he says, you know, get denied tenor because the department head it was an idiot.
Speaker 5: And then so you could have made that a gag as opposed to just a line.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sort of his story wrapping up felt kind of I thought, I think it would have been better if I guess it was nice to say him get beaten up a little bit, wasn't it, because he'd been a douche bag. Margine's home on the TV, sing and Margarine.
Speaker 6: Spread Yellow Girl on my pancake cart, Country jun Girl in my grocery cart.
Speaker 2: Could he be singing about me?
Speaker 5: He is? I paid for her dreams.
Speaker 6: She taught me to cry like Waterine knives like rain from my eyes.
Speaker 5: I can't believe you're not mine. I can't believe.
Speaker 6: You're not mine, my dream Drene.
Speaker 5: Margarine, Magarine, Margarine, he loves me so much after what I.
Speaker 4: Did to him, And sad Gasamin is the new support breaking up and hums hold himself on his manser because he's got an addiction for that Kurt Loader reporting from the nineties. Then Marge goes to rescue him, and he walked in and as a needle in his arm, and.
Speaker 5: I was like, oh, sure, that's confronted him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But it turns out that I knew it.
Speaker 5: He didn't need it. I thought that was a nice little fat switch. Too many forrappuccino.
Speaker 4: Yes, he really did any injections. So he's now in hospital. She asked him to take her back and be on the horizon. We've got reality shows, Britney spears, a lot of home runs all of a sudden in the baseball and the President.
Speaker 5: But I'm wondering if that's around the time of the doping scan. Of course it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, steroids in baseball, yep, and the talk about the president who would never lie, never, never, never. So now they're at the minigolf course, now, Philith, this was Matt Salmon's way of trying to bring it back to the history that we remember of when they first did it in the put golf Mini Put. So they go to minigov Course, in the castle, I think it was the castle is at the windmill? I think it's a windmill, win mill or the castle? Either way, Where did I miss?
Speaker 5: How did it end? Did you ever get back together? Yep?
Speaker 6: That professor couldn't keep me in march apart. I mean unless he had been a little nicer at the beach.
Speaker 2: That professor did teach me one good lesson, Homie is where my heart is.
Speaker 6: And once we were back together, I was too happy ever to grunge again.
Speaker 5: I thought was a sweet ending.
Speaker 4: The professor from the UNI's outside Condham townies again, But I thought all in all, why would you hate this episode? I understand the gripe with the continuity, but I think they establish at the start that this is just a bit of fun.
Speaker 5: This is damning it with ray and praise. It's too inoffensive to hate. Yeah, there's nothing wrong with it. There were ways to improve it.
Speaker 4: Certainly as a nineties kid, I enjoyed it.
Speaker 5: I thought it was just fine. Yeah, I'd give it a tweet out of five.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's nothing wrong with I enjoyed this more than most episodes I had in season nineteen so far. So anyway, I wonder if the outrage came from Epler Boswegian as much as what this one, because this one was just like absolutely just like how dare you like? Principle on the pulpit levels and I'm thinking they were just.
Speaker 5: How dear you would gret A Turnberg? Yeah, I just couldn't. I could understand, but I don't get that now. Plupos Wigan are far more of a debarkle than this. This was a perfectly pleasant, i won't say non event but a trifle. That's some with Mark koklek Roder. You're not bad at your joke. You do Simpsons good. What do we learn Bomber, What did.
Speaker 4: You learn from this episode, mister Davis.
Speaker 5: That the woke culture of the twenty twenties is really just the new coke to the original the snags since new age guys, it's really just a rebrand of full throttle nineties political correctness.
Speaker 4: I miss when ad breaks run into and a half minutes.
Speaker 5: Have you been you mentioned the Olympics earlier? Have you been watching the twenty twent ten dollars? That's right? Yeah, so you don't have to put up with any of it ads, okay, peasants and non Channel nine and we're seeing it like same ads all the time. And also it's like, I think the problem with commercial TV is actually the commercials. They've got these ads for Telstra, I'm naming names folks, and then the weird sort of stop motion animation. I get the feeling. Let someone at the added and she's watched a lot of Wes Anderson's like, we're going to be sort of weird and quirky and a little bit of bleak, and you're not quite sure what we're advertising and how we're going about it. I was watching Going fuck Off. I own shares in Telstra. I might sell them because of these ads and shares the only shares I own, I get a dividend of something like fifty dollars a quarter. So yeah, but I said, I'm gold nigger anyway, But yes, I do want shares in Telstra, but after these ads, I'm thinking maybe not. Yes. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Watching the ten play app, which is Channel ten here in Australia, we watch have you been paying attention?
Speaker 5: On there?
Speaker 4: Because I'm not watching its standard definition of Fox help, and we don't have an area on our TV, so we have to be only stream and so.
Speaker 5: You're spitting like you're making some grand gesture. It's like I couldn't do it anyway.
Speaker 4: So we watched it through the app and the ads just every ad break is the same, like four or five ads.
Speaker 5: Yes, often they'll play the same ad back to bad.
Speaker 4: Yes, And I'm like, we just saw this ad, why is this on again? I like sexy Land, but still.
Speaker 5: I was already attending. I was already a patriot of sex. You don't need to do the hard sount It did.
Speaker 4: Become like a little inject for us, though, because the sexy Lent ad had sort of like a big, sort of scale of society it was like a you know, a drag, a drag queen. There was just a young white, straight couple. There was an older woman and Nicko and I. The inject for us was always just like you reckon, she's buying, she's getting up tonight, she's old ladies, just like holding a box, Like what's in that box?
Speaker 5: Anyway? Right in? Let us know what's in to quote Brad pettin seven, what's in the ads?
Speaker 4: If you could support us on Patreon, that would be much appreciated, that too.
Speaker 5: But if we'd like to know what you think is in the sexy Land box for the old Lady forward, your names will be it's.
Speaker 4: The Guy Davis New Name Championship. All right, Well you're jumping right into it. Okay, so you're messing with the timeline. The current leaderboard stands at this In first position, we have Jared Homby on thirteen points, In second position we have Adam Worehouse on twelve points, only one point behind, and in third position we have a tie between Kyle Muldoon Clever Kyle and Phil Hawkins on seven points.
Speaker 5: Take it away, Take it away? Okay, first point one point goes to come as.
Speaker 4: You were not bad. That is all a newbie to the new name leaderboard. It's Daniel Hartley.
Speaker 5: Ah, nice work, Dan, you're on the leaderboard. You may get a little something if you get lucky at the end of this wild card. Yes, a wild card. Two points go to same sad time, same bad, Flannel Al.
Speaker 4: He's getting closer. He hasn't the j yet, but Phil Hawkins are the two points. Is now outright third on nine points.
Speaker 5: So far, well done, Phil, We are lucky to have you with us.
Speaker 4: But will Adam or Jerry get away here with the three point of wish Finally, let's.
Speaker 5: Wind out because the three points and the three points go to never mind the timeline.
Speaker 4: It's Fergus Jeffs's never been on the letter board yet this season, so many wild cards, so three points two Fergus, Jeff's well done, Fergus. That means that now in first position is still Jared on thirteen Jared Hornby second position, Adam Moorehouse on twelve points, and in third position we have Phil Hawkins on nine points.
Speaker 5: This is quite the horse race. Yeah, Phil, thrill to see how this progresses. He's nearly got the Jay's four points away from getting the j back Phil playing the long game, you know, keeping us all entertained.
Speaker 4: Yes, so yes, I said Jared, Adam and Phil Now first, second, and third. As we just mentioned, the next episode of four Figure Discount from season nineteen, we shall be reviewing Love Springfield and I can't say that love Springfieldian style. It's a time twist. He loves springfielder and style and also our channel.
Speaker 5: Let me try love spring Feeding it is. I'm going to show this guy does stumble love spring fielding and stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you have to slow down.
Speaker 5: You've got to slow down, You got to focus, You got to concentrate as opposed to just rap it on like we do on four figure.
Speaker 4: This exactly right. SA's gona the next episode of season nineteen. We were doing a classic episode in a couple of weeks as well. I'll tell you what it is, will surprise you with it. Find a little guy on Springfield and of course our chat with mister Matt Salmon, the producer of the Simpsons, our main man. He's been kind enough to give us some of his time this week, and we shall be throwing up that chat on here. We just thought it would be a good way to sort of a good time, because you know he wrote that seventh, that ninety show. He's very proud of this episode. He likes to defend it. Give him some chats to defend it. Yeah, someone for the defense. My first thing he'd be like, I don't think of anything to defend.
Speaker 5: Mate. Good talking to a matut bute.
Speaker 4: So guys, think again for all your support here at four figure discap Misa Davis any find the words for those incredible listeners out there.
Speaker 5: We hope you've enjoyed listening to dandel and Guy, just a couple of monkey men making the gas flow sh