Speaker 1: Is Michael Garfild.
Speaker 2: Michael Garfield.
Speaker 1: Michael Garfield's joining.
Speaker 3: Us in the High Tech Texan. Michael Garfield is here with a high Tech Texans items to make.
Speaker 2: Life easier technology.
Speaker 1: So Michael Garfield has something you might wanta.
Speaker 2: Michael Garfield is your high Tech Texan. Three decades helping you make magic with your gadgets. Heard worldwide on the iHeartRadio Act. Now your high Tech Texan, Michael Garfield.
Speaker 1: I have two hours for you, my friends again in the middle of summer. It is Michael Garfield is the name. It's called the High Tech Taxi Show. I'm gonna touch on some technology, but so much more. He's watching the Olympics. Got a hot new restaurant, some in club in Houston to just open. A little fashion stuff going on. I got a big upcoming trip that I may need some advice on, certainly in terms of which airline should I fly for all you world travelers. Also some giveaways and fun stuff. One hundred and twenty minutes. That's how we do it. We've done it for about two decades, and I do think all of you folks, and including my bosses. It's nice that my bosses really don't listen to our radio show our station on Saturdays. They really I don't think I have any They may not even have a clothe that I'm still on, which is actually a good thing as long as I don't say anything bad that really pisses off the FCC actually say it pisses off. I'm not sure on podcasts we could, but we are over the year nine to fifty kprc AM. That's how we do it. Callam Reid, how are you, my man? I hope you're having a nice, cool summer, even though it has just been raining. Man, it is just we need some boats. We need some floats, boats and hoes. There is what is going on. Not a lot of laying out, a lot of pool time, not a lot of golf, not a lot of anything outside. Welcome to Houston. But at least I like to think most of us have air conditioning right now. And if you still don't have air conditioning, I saw stories even last night Friday night on a center point, you know, just ticking people off, and so many people lost their lives because there was flooding but also no air conditioning and they got heat. And am I wrong if my house has not had air conditioning for two weeks. Right now I'm living in like Aisle four of HGB. I mean, I'm going with a friend. I'm finding air condition where I could find it. So whatever you do, wherever you are, I hope you are okay. Football season is near ess the only sporting events we have going on. Opening ceremony of the Olympics was yesterday and last night pretty interesting spectacle. Did you watch it on NBC? Did you watch it live in the afternoon, did you watch it on a night? Did you watch it on NBC or did you watch it on peacock You see, those are some of the things that I talked to you about. Because there are streaming and streaming is technology. I'm gonna give you some good ideas, maybe some bad ideas of how to save money on your bill each month, but also some better ways to watch some things. I will start with this. I have now spent two solid weeks now with some of my new Samsung foldable phones, and I can honestly say I can talk about it and you could talk about it because finally, even though I do know some people, thank you so much, and I'm in the media and I do get the pre release versions for two weeks. They officially were launched a few days ago. If you do have the Galaxy Z Flip six, the Galaxy Z Fold six, maybe you have the new watch from Samsung or the new ring, which I do not have the ring or the watch, so I can't talk much about that. Love to hear from you. Use your new phone to give me a call. Seven one three two one two five nine five. Oh. I say that number because guess what's actually a uh, it's a radio show where we take your phone calls.
Speaker 4: UH.
Speaker 1: Not going to talk about politics because really, if you think about it, nothing's going on in politics. Right from the last time we spoke, nothing has happened in the world of politics. We stay away from that. We'll let the people on the Monday through Friday shows worry about that. That's why I, uh, that's why I keep young and I look relatively young, and I have the attitude politics you do. You do what you need to do about that. We'll talk about sports. We're talking about technology and food and travel and other fun things for all you Apple honks. Here comes your moment in the sunshine. Because I do not talk about Apple a lot. Apple has no clue who I am. I've had no Apple products has since maybe the very first iPhone, which was many many years ago. I am an Android guy because fact, much more people, many more people in the world use in Android, then they do iPhone on the iOS, and so I like to talk to the majority of my folks. But Apple, once again maybe taking a queue finally a rumor that they're going to have their own flip phone. They could be taking us back to two thousand and six when annoying calls were ended by snapping your cell phone shut. That's right. Apple is potentially charging a head with creating a flip phone that you still can be addicted to. It is an iPhone that folds like a clamshell. No, this is according to something online. There's a information website called The Information And you know what, most rumors when it comes to Apple, they they do turn reel. It's like Disney Everything. Rumors turn reel when you wish upon a star. The more pocket friendly flip iPhone. It's a concept that a lot of geek types have speculated about for years, but it does now finally sound like it is a concrete plan. Apple recently allegedly contacted suppliers in Asia about manufacturing components for an iPhone that would fold along its width, and the company also reportedly gave the new product an official code name, and it was granted a patent for the foldable screen just this last month. Now, listen, sim it down. Plans could change, but if they do proceed Apple's engineering, we need to figure out how to avoid a crease on the screen and really make the phone significantly thinner. Now, as with most of Apple's product releases, a flip iPhone is not going to be the first foldable smartphone in the market. I just told you. Samsung has had theirs for six generations. Right now. Google has a flip phone, Moola has a flip phone, and they've been selling them for years now. I'm not ragging on Apple, but they sometimes do take away and see. But when Apple does come out with some then they do it well, I will say that, and they do something for a nice, pretty penny. And the funny thing is, there are so many people right now despite you listening to me that I've told you that this is the sixth generation of a Samsung's phone. Google's had several generations. But when Apple comes out, let's just say they do. One day with the foldable phone, the world's gonna come to its knees. Oh my goodness, I can't believe. And somebody came out with a foldable phone. I've never seen like this in my life before. Shut up, listen to me. And there are already products in the market and they're not bad at whatsoever. Experts say the foldable iPhone could drop no earlier than twenty twenty six, and so think about that. When we come back, we have a breakover here. I am going to give you a little bit more inside depth. I do have some prices on the foldable and the flippable phones because they have hit the market. And if you're a Verizon customer, I do have some good news because it ain't going to be that expensive. I will tell you that. Listen, love to talk to you, Thank you for having and around. My name is Michael. I'm the friendly Michael, the original Michael Hero and is APRC ninety fifty Heart Media, Houston. We're gonna be right back. Happy Olympics opening ceremony weekend. I guess that's the only thing that's going on. Listen. Houston is relatively clear of a hurricane at least today, even though we're getting drenched by rain, but it's always sunny here on the radio and on iHeartRadio, Michael Garfield, the King of Technology of Texas. I came up with that one. Actually. I had a funny conversation, does anybody still have business cards? In terms of a generation? Our business just followed me over here. Our business cards a generational thing because I have three boys that are all in their twenties and they're all employed. To my knowledge, none of them have a business card. And I'm in two business meetings earlier this week, one of which is with a dude out of my age. He's in the fifties, and there's another partner of his. He's kind of like adventure capital fundraising, you know, era. He's twenty four sharp kit and we're exchanging information and we're talking about business cards. And I have at least two business cards, one of which is I have a high tech textan business card, and then I also have an iHeart Radio business card that, believe it or not, that is the one perk that I think my company still gives me. They're pretty old though, so the high tech texting is my official trademark. Moniker, and I have my logo, you know, with the cowboy hat and the Wi Fi thing. I've got my cell phone on at my email and whatever. And then I have my iHeartRadio and it's got the iHeart logo, which is pretty powerful. It does open up some few doors. I must say. It's got my name, it's got our company address here in Houston. It's got my phone number, but it doesn't say the high tech. I was cocky, and I was I'm a marketing guy. It's as simple as that. So I came up with another marketing moniker for me years ago, and it's on my iHeart card. And I was explained I didn't have that along me because I always give two cards. So I was telling these people, one of which is a kid who doesn't have a business card. I said, my iHeartRadio card has the title. It says Michael Garfield, Ambassador of Cool. I came up with that one. That's it.
Speaker 4: I am.
Speaker 1: Don't don't try to steal that, and it says I'm a business card. So he goes, I don't have a business card. Here's my QR code and he shows me his phone. He wants me to scan his QR code, and we got into we kind of laugh, we got into it about it, you know, ninety second conversation and he's twenty four. I'm like, do you have a business card? And he's like, yeah, I do have a business card, but I just don't have with me. And I believed him, but I get it. It is so much easier to not carry business cards. To create a QR code, you know, the QR codes like you see on restaurant menu. That's the easiest way for me to describe it. And if another phone scans it, it'll download the name, the contact, and it'll put it in your contacts. It's just that's a paradigm shift that a generation above the twenty year old punks don't understand yet. Alas I'm a technologically advanced dude. I took my camera out, I scanned his QR code. He's now in there. The next day we met again and he brings me his business card and he gives me his business card which looked like it just came out of the washing machine, and it says to me, he goes, hey, I just wanted to prove to you I really do have a business card. And I apologize if it's all wrinkly because this is like the only one I got. It was in my pants pocket. It's so like the dude probably got I got one business card. I just thought that was funny. And so this is the high tech text and slash ambassador of cool radio show. If you would like to get in, say hi, tell me what's going on. You want some recommendation on cars, man driven or driving a lot of really cool cars. I had a Jeep Wrangler camped up souped up, the three ninety two version if you're familar with Wrangler retractable Ruth. The wheels were as big as my first apartment one hundred and eight thousand dollars. This Jeep Wrangler only seats four off roading machine one hundred and eight thousand, which was more than my first apartment, maybe my first house. It was fun to drive, but dang man, the cost of this stuff. So I will tell you my pros and cons of that. I've been in the Chevy tracks, I've had a KEYI this is another thing I do. I actually do drive cars, but has promised I am going to talk a little about phones and foldables. I did tell you a little story how Apple rumored to at one point soon that within the next two years maybe come out with their foldable phone. Nice playing catch up Apple because there are several other companies who have them out, and as of two days ago, Samsung their new Galaxy z flipfold, the z Flip, the z Fold six, the z Flip six, they have officially hit the stores. I have fortunately, because I know people. Thank you. Nicole Montana with Berlin Rosen, the esteemed PR Company, one of the companies of Samsung, she was able to get me some of these devices like she always does, and I really been having a fun time with the z Flip six, the z Flip Sex. I like the form factor. It is a clamshell phone. It is half the size of your typical Galaxy phone, which I've also carried for years and years. They have improved the camera. It's a fifty megapixel outside camera versus their twelve megapixel outside camera from last year. I have been using it as my regular daily phone, which says a lot because I take a lot of video for my TV Great Day Houston, I edit things on my Instagram and what have you, and I do need a high camera. So far, so good, so far, so good. The z Fold six get decent reviews. The z Fold six. The fold is the one that folds left to right like a book. It is larger, it's a little heavier. Not many changes from last year, and these babies are not cheap. The z Fold six starts about nineteen hundred dollars from Samsung that's official without rebates, and the z Flip six that's about one thousand dollars starting from Samsung. Now hold on, hold on. Within two minutes after I got this beautiful email with the update that their official release from the cold, I got a note from one of my contacts at Verizon and Verizon if you're a Verizon customer, they are greatly discounting these things, and so they have a really smart trade in program. They current and new customers can get eight hundred bones off of the new z Fold six or the z Flip six if they trade in any Samsung smartphone, any model, any condition, and they guarantee that you do have to get unlimited Ultimate one or some select business unlimited plans, which I'm not getting into, but that's pretty strong. So now you can get the z Flip six normally a thousand trade into phone eight hundred dollars. Off ain't a mathematation, but that's about two hundred dollars for a Flip six. Pretty good deal. Pretty good deal. They also have some other things. If you purchase a Samsung a Fold six, the Flip six, you sign up for the a new line on the Ultimate Plus or the Ultimate, you can get NFL Sunday ticket from YouTube and UTV. That's actually good. I may do that because I don't have Verizon, and then you can upgrade your Galaxy. Why they have a number of different things. So that is just from Horizon. I have not heard any press releases or what have you from the other carriers. But because I have contacts, if I have contacts at companies, I do appreciate them sharing them with me, and I will share that news with you. Going back to the other press release from Nicole, Nicole Nicole's in New York. Nicole releases, Well, she didn't release, but they have a new Galaxy ring. It's one of these wearable rings you know that helps with the health. They start at four hundred dollars and they have two new watches. They have a Galaxy Watch seven starts at three hundred dollars and a Galaxy Watch Ultra. That's six hundred and fifty dollars. That's that's that's quite a tasty price for a smart watch. I will I will tell you that. So I don't I cannot give you my review of the watch, the watches of the ring because I did not receive those. Maybe they don't work, maybe they're embarrassed to give them to the media. I cannot comment on that thing. But they're they're good. Every time I have shown off my Flip six, people say, oh, I've never seen a flip I'm like, I showed you one last year when I had the Flip five for a bit and the Flip four and the Flip three. They are they are pretty neat, and I think I think women like them a little bit more just because the size. They look like a compact and they get bit in your purse and the whole thing like that. But they are out and that that's that's as of right now. That seems to be the biggest technology news of the summer. So if you are interested in what or you got one, call me and tell me how you like it. All power with Galaxy AI seven one three, two, one two five, nine to five o Michael Garfield all over the country on iHeartRadio's the High Tech Tech and Show, or to come back, just like Wan you always said, Michael is my name. You don't have to call me Michael Garth is good. It's G A R F fort four letters of my last name.
Speaker 4: You can hit me up with your.
Speaker 1: New flip phone if you like answering. Uh, ask me any questions anything, Ask Michael Lennyth. Not that I'm gonna answer it. Seven one three two one two five died in five. Oh. Anybody see the calumn? Did you see the Olympic opening Ceremony? And by the way, it's the official term the Olympic Opening ceremony. It's not ceremonies, just like it's the Stanley Cup Final. It's the opening ceremony. You see it. I actually saw, I started watching it. I liked it. Let me tell you what, I really don't care about the Olympics. It's just it's whatever I care about Paris. I've never been to Petty but the fact that they held the opening ceremony on instead of the walkthrough for the stadium, they put the athletes on the river sin down boats and they showed it live as it was actually life usually because it's in such a foreign place, sixteen hours ahead. Paris is seven hours ahead of Central time here in United States. So at about eleven thirty on Friday afternoon, a Friday morning, I watched it live. Then they repeated it on Friday night, so it actually it was pretty cool. I watched it on NBC. But I also, because I pay a butt load to Exfinity, like a idiot that I am, I also get Peacock. And Peacock is carrying up pretty much almost every single live minute of live coverage of the Olympics. And so if you have peacock, you might as well use it because you're probably not going to use it again unless they have another NFL game, which I think they are later this year, maybe the day after Thanksgiving. But their peacock is betting big, and I talk about it's streaming, so bear with me. And this is one of the things that I do cover peacock. It's betting big. They have some plan. They launched peacock four years ago at the Tokyo Olympics. It was twenty twenty. Oh, I'm sorry. COVID nineteen came around and it just flamed out. After that, I mean the world had other things to worry about. But apparently, according to mac Mark Lazarus, the president of Peacock, they learned their listen and the batty Olympics on Peacock is it's allegedly going to be everything, every sport, every ceremony, every NBC broadcast, the works. A lot of it's going to rely on the IOC FEE, which is the International Olympic Committee world feed. So if you want to watch badminton or the canoe sprint, it's going to be somewhere on Peacock. They're going to have a multiview option and that's gonna let you watch up till four events at once. They're gonna have a whip around studio show called the Gold Zone. And for all you NFL or fans, you're gonna like this because it's hosted by Scott Hansen. He's the dude who does that whip around NFL Red Zone and so that's it's called the Gold Zone. That'll be on Peacock too. The stars are funny, I mean, this is it's not just a sporting event. Right now. They have shockingly Kevin Hart, because Kevin Hart literally maybe everywhere a little. That dude is everywhere in the world. Kevin Hart is there. He's gonna host an Olympics highlight show. They got some podcaster Alex Cooper never heard of. They got Snoop Dogg carrying the flame. The opening ceremony not only had Mike Turrico, but Kelly Clarkson and Peyton Manning were the co host. They were the co host of this thing. They're even using an AI version of al Michaels The Great Broadcast or he is going to have customized Olympic recaps, not the real al Michaels, the artificially intelligent ist al Michaels, which he actually signed off on. I'm interested to see that too. So Peacock is betting a lot on this streaming platform. There's gonna be a lot of content. And I'll tell you one time, I think the depending on where it is, it's never the same exact dates. One time I think the maybe it was coed it was in September, which butts up into football seasons. But there's nothing going on. Okay, So for all you Astros arrangers, fans and whatever like that, you know, you can kind of go back and forth. Football's over I know it's kind of training camp, but this is actually very I believe it or not. Do expect pretty decent ratings, certainly the highest summer ratings in the past four years, you know, during the pre tow COVID or at least the last Tokyo Summer Olympics and even the Winter Olympics too that were during COVID. This is going to do. It's pretty big. Simone Biles, yay, Simone yay. All the Houston and the Texas or any when there are like thirty two or thirty five University of Texas students or former students who are competing horns up. I'm very excited about that. So that actually should be interesting. But I got some trivia for you here. Obviously, when the Olympics started, it was for amateurs amateurs only, and it was nineteen ninety two. Is that it when the Dream Team, the basketball team first allowed professional athletes, And obviously there are a lot of professional athletes because of NIL you can get paid right now, So we're gonna play a game and callum you can play. Also, I guess we can open some phone lines. I'll go slow, take a guess. I have a list here in front of me. I have a list, and if I didn't have a list, I couldn't make a sound like this. I printed out this list. Who is the top paid Olympian? I want you to think? And I know who you're thinking of, and I bet you're wrong. The highest paid Paris Olympic athletes. Think about it. I will tell you this. The top twenty earn one point three billion dollars. One point three billion dollars the top paid athlete. Anyone? Callum? Who's your guess? Callum? Do you talk of my ear? You see I get ninety eight percent of the people just said Lebron James Long, my friend, you are incorrect. Lebron is number two. Lebron is I had. The top twenty went to three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve. I think this is the entire team. Twelve of the top twenty do play NBA basketball. Actually yet they do play NBA basketball. They're from all over the world. Number one is Lebron the highest paid NBA Lebron, Steph Curry, Jannie, Kevin Durant, hook horns. It goes on and on. Lebron makes a total between salary and endorsements, of one hundred and twenty seven million dollars a year, still nowhere near the number one highest paid athletes? Should I should I tease this over over the break? Okay, I'm not that bad the number one highest paid athlete blowing away Lebron James. I'm gonna give you five more seconds. Dick Dick, Dick, Dick, Dick, Dick, Dick Dick rep presenting Spain. Not a soccer player, Nope. Golfer John Rohm genre salary winnings one hundred ninety million, plus his endorsements of twenty million pluses. Live contract he makes two hundred and ten million dollars. Who had eighty million dollars more so than than the Lebron James at number two? Genre? Is he going to take home to the Golden golf we Selsea money man so much for amateur Olympics. So I guess very few of you guessed, gen Ram. We've got a lot of golfers. Rory McElroy. He's the sixth highest paid athlete who has participated in this year's Olympics. Sketty hook them horns. There's there's two in the top seven. We got Kevin Durant Scotti Scheffler who went to Texas. He made sixty two point six million, so he's uh he I hope he wins the USA Gold. We like Scottie Dallas boy, Victor Hovlin, another golfer. Here we go the first tennis two tennis players in the top twenty. Carlos Alcarez just won Wimbledon. He's number thirteenth highest paid. And Joker Novak a joke of it cheese the eighteenth highest paid two. And then Xander Shaftley he just won the British Open. Everybody else is a basketball player. It's just Simon Biles make apparently less than thirty six million, because that's the lowest on this list. Man, I should have I should have played golf. I should have put golf clubs in my kids hands. Oh man, did I screw up? No? I got great kids, by the way, So there you go. So if you're watching the Olympics, no longer do we live in the the era of when they it was just all amateur. The modern Olympics started in eighteen ninety six and it goes by the way to August eleven. It's a lot of money, John Ram, there you go. I think some countries actually pay the athletes who win medals. So if you win a gold medal, you get obviously X. If you win the silver you get a little less you. If you win the bronze you get a left i'd just what Jen rom needs, I mean how much get How much can Spain pay John Rahm, who by the way, lives in the United States to win the Olympics that he's gonna care. Dude made two hundred and ten million dollars this year, has a contract in live for what three hundred four hundred and five hundred million dollars They're gonna pay pay them what fifteen thousand dollars to win a gold medal? Like it, Like it even matters. There is your Olympic coverage brought to you by absolutely actually Olympic coverage. I just came up. Olympic coverage is brought to you by US Coins and Jewelry because they buy and sell gold. If you're looking to buy sell gold, or trade in your coins, or get a Rolux or any of your great jewelry, do check them out. US Coins and Jewelry. They're right on the Katie Freeway at voss Row. They are open every day except Sunday. See the TV commercials. You hear me talk about them. Go see matt or Kenny Duncan, second generation in that family who has run the great US Coins and Jewelry. The Olympic coverage Gold, silver, Bronze brought to you by US Coins and Jewelry. All right, one more sement left in this first hour. Love to hear from you when I come back. Southwest Airlines Fans, Texas Base. Good news, bad news, you know what's going on. I'll update you with that, and I'll set my review of the Samsung Galaxy Buds three. Those are the new tiny earbuds that Samsung came out. And I gotta tell you pretty pretty impress. Right here, I te last seventh where I can say good morning people. As we approach the twelve o'clock new hours, we do the show plausibly live and kp RC nine fifty a M. That's for you kids out there. This is actually radio. And you know on traditional radio here there's been AM amplitude modulation FM frequency modulation, and that's how it's been since kind of Marconi created the radio. And then you cut young kids, there's this thing called a podcast that Apparently anybody in their mother think they can do a podcast. People, it takes talent to do real radio. Real radio twenty two plus years of doing this, which, by the way, my show you're listening to will be put on our podcast right when it's done, Callum, you will put this on. Calum. You're very quick. Callum is our wonderful man who's pushing the buttons over there. Once this ends in about an hour and ten minutes, you can go to iHeart Radio, which is free, look for KPRC or Michael Garfield and you can listen to the show ov Ova and Ova again because that's exactly what you think, exactly what you want to do. A big called the high tech Textan show. I call it because I am a Texan, I am from Texas. I am at least a fifth or sixth generation Texan. I don't have the accent, which is kind of a plus. And anything that is Texas based, a Texas based company, I will try to lead with it. I'm a big pro Texas pimp for the state, which is you know, I'm very very proud of Texas company that I have been a personal brand pimp. Brands are it can be very personal whether you enjoy. Again, I'm throwing this out. I'm not paid for this Coca cola. Maybe you're a pepsi person. Are you a doctor Pepper? Speaking of Texas, which is created and founded in Waco, you could have a certain clothing brand, a store that you shop at. Well, when it comes to airlines, there are well, there's a few big ones that are based here in Texas, one of which is American Airlines, which is based in Port Worth, and then Southwest Data's based where I'm actually from. I have been a fan of Southwest since I was a little tiny kid. I remember my first I can't guarantee my first flight ever was Southwest because I think I flew from California to Florida. I got I gotta check with the parents. I don't know. My parents are listening in Dallas and iHeartRadio. They can call in right now. But anyway, a longtime fan of Southwest, it just to me, I love it. And there are skeptics because it's the quote unquote discount airline. They don't they don't have a signed seats. It's a cattle call, it's a flying bus. They had a massive outage. Weird snaffoo what a year and a half ago, which actually I was caught in right around Christmas time. But I like Southwest, and again I say this, this is not an endorsement. South Hoost does not pay me. They should. I talk about them all the time. I'm just telling you what is in the news. Last Thursday they came out and this was not unexpected to me because I followed the industry, because I do love flying, because I am a less preferred and I got a companion pass alas I have no companion. It's a whole nother sob story. Don't worry about it. Southwest very soon is coming out with a number of changes, a number of changes the airline. If you think that's not like most airlines, it's reversing its course after fifty years of being different, and it's Southwest. They announced it's getting rid of open seeding, which has been a hallmark of the company. But they're doing it because they've their profits has slowed down. South'swest decision to do this is twofold one to one. The change means it can charge customers more for premium seats with things like Exeter leg room. All right, and the airline thinks customers are gonna like it. Allegedly they had a survey and allegedly they say eighty percent of its flyers favor assigned seats. I don't know. They didn't ask me because I have no problem with the seating situation right now. But then again, I may let's prefer and I get to go on first. That says that's the number one reason they switched to a competitor, some of these people. Now, Southwest is going to keep the current seating model okay while it retrofits planes with the new seating, but they also have to wait for regulatory approval, and that allegedly it's gonna be sometime next year. Now. They're also going to be offering red eye flights in twenty twenty five. I don't care about that. Because Big Daddy Garf does not do red eye flights.
Speaker 4: I cannot.
Speaker 1: I can't sleep on a plane. So if I'm on a red eye flight, which I've maybe taken two in my life, I ain't like. Everybody in the plane is sleep and except me the pilot's hell fraud. No maybe sleep, But because I was an autopile, I can't sleep on a plane. I don't like red eye flight. So it doesn't matter. From what I hear, though, Southwest is keeping its policy of free check bags for now, which is good. There's a lot of revenue they have not realized by charging for bags. Man United, I mean dells, everybody who charges for bags twenty five of bag. It's a lot of money. Southwest two bags fly free, another reason why I love that freaking airline. Will they go down to one bag fly free? I don't know, but as allegedly right now, they're it's it's it's it's gonna change. They're forty six percent drop to three hundred and sixty million dollars in Q two profit. It's a drop, but still they made three hundred sixty seven million dollars, And I don't know it's it's value. They're gonna overhaul it. I hope it turns out well. We as Southwest, and I've heard this because people know I Southwest. Guy, Michael, what do you think is gonna happen to all of our rapper rewards points? I got to me a lot of rapper reward points. They're not gonna take those away. I don't know how we're gonna use them. I do not know what they're gonna do. I don't know if they're gonna take a less preferred a way, a less preferred away. We're I think gonna find out in September. So Southwest, I know my show is heard in and around the Dallas Fort Worth area, that is where I'm from. Feel free to lean on me, bouncings off of me, because I'm your ultimate consumer. I am a fan. I will take it with a grain of salt. I can help spin it. And as of right now, I do plan to continue on flying on Southwest, plan on Southwest. Southwest They've opened you know, Southwest flies to a lot of countries right now. They fled Hawaii, of course that is our country. But God Jamaye, I was on when Southwest opened their international flights. I was on their PR list. Southwest, I'm talking to you right now in your public relations company. They invited me to go on the very first inaugural flight out of the Houston h Airport because Hobby Southwest themselves spent one hundred and seventy or so million dollars. I'm building an entire new like wing and Hobby and in an international terminal, and you know they have flights going to Costa Rica and Jamaica. So anyway, they invited me, which I went on and I was on the inaugural flight from Houston to Jamaica and that was fun. I was with a Southwest exec. He was a cool dude. I think his name was Chris. And when we landed, I've never actually it was the first time and only time I've ever gotten one of those showers. You know, they have fire trucks out there and they like they they flow water on top of the plane like a and you go underneath it whatever they could. Those thought that was fun. That was fun. And so since I have been on now they flight a Cabo and whatever. So Southwest I I'm here for you. Do you want me to fly on the inaugural when you have actual seats? By the way, I don't want to give away my tip, because there is on the newer seven thirty seven, eight hundreds, there are two seats that are the best seats in the house that have extra legroom. I'm I don't want to blow away. I don't want to blow my cover because I know exactly where they are and those are the seats that I go to. And I've been very very I've got a ninety percent success rate of getting those two seats with extra legroom. You have to find them for yourself. It's like a hunt and seat. So Southwest don't know what to say, but there you go. The app work's great and there you go. I do talk about consumer lifestyle, consumer products and technology, and so I do have that. I will tell you this. I got about a minute Togo. Well you know what should I tease it? I am not going to be able to fly Southwest on my next flight. I am going somewhere across the globe, whereas of now, Southwest does not fly. I need your help because I need to make this reservation really quickly for all you international travelers. Travelers, I'm debating between two different airlines. You've got to help me. But if Southwest I can make I don't know if Vince Young I think chartered an entire Southwest yet back of the day, maybe I can get one to help me charter that tell you more about that as we begin hour two after this, my high tech texting Jim Michael Garfield is Michael Garfield.
Speaker 2: Michael Garfield, Michael Garfield's joining.
Speaker 3: In the high tech Texan Michael Garfield is here with a high tech Texans who items to make life easier new technology.
Speaker 1: So Michael Garfield has something you might like about.
Speaker 2: Michael Garfield is your high tech Texan three decades helping you make magic with your gadgets. I heard worldwide on the iheartwareio. Add now your high tech Texan, Michael Garfield.
Speaker 1: Jack the clock. We're halfway through the Tech Texan show. You know what that means. We're a half way at a happy hour as the clock is just after twelve pm Central time here. As I am based in Houston, but heard all over the world, I do thank you for downloading the iHeartRadio app. Terrestrially kp rc AM nine to fifty radio for twenty two years. Honored to have your longest running radio, live radio local show in the one hundred year history of this wonderful radio program. Part of iHeart iHeart Radio Station seven one three two one two five nine five ohs. How you Can Talk to Me? Covered a lot of things. I've been playing with Samsung's foldable phones flippable phones for two weeks. They are now on sale officially. Verizon I Saw offers a pretty big discount on those if you trade in any other Samsung phone, you can get those for as low as two hundred dollars for the fl phone or so much. I think is pretty cool. Other news, we talked Southwest Airlines, big changes of common people. I know there's a lot of Southwest Hanks and fans here and around Houston and Dallas and wherever my voice goes in State of Texas, including me better not Better not Jack and my lists preferred people. So we are going to have as signed seats right now. Don't know if that's a good thing or bad thing. You can still call and tell me what it's up. I am taking a trip in about a month and a half because I am going abroad and it's sadly someplace that Southwest does not fly yet hope they do. And I need some help from my international travelers. You know, I know my demographic. You guys, A lot of you have disposable income, a lot of you travel all over the world. And I am going to a big international technology conference in September now. I have been going to CEES as everybody knows for twin plus years, and that's in Las Vegas. Last I check, it's in this country and generally I fly Southwest, oh. I got a buddy of mine. We fly private and I meet a lot of companies and that's where the world introduces new technology. It's every January. Now there has been another international technology conference that I've known about for many years and I have never been, never thought about going, but I am going this year. It is called IFA, the International I don't even know what the FA stands for. And this allegedly is just as big as CE as we're worldwide companies. They're going to show off their technologies and so without a doubt follow me on iHeartRadio. I will be reporting back live Great Day Houston Channel eleven CBS. And while I'm there, I want to do some I'm going to be flying a long time because here it is bearing the lead. It is being held in Berlin, Germany. They can let me into Germany, I hope. So never I've actually been to Dream, I've been to frank for years ago. Going to Berlin, Germany, Uh excited about that. Gonna spend an extra day round, got the TV cameras gonna be doing so. But I also want to document flights. I got it's you know flights now they're you know they're faster, they're a little easier in Southwest. If I was on you, I would talk. I would talk about how hey at seven thirty seven eight hundred can make it all the way from Houston to Berlin, which I physically don't think it can. But anyway, there's two options I have. There is out of Houston, United which is a big hub. Shout out to United formerly Continental and uh Lufthansa. And I need to make a reservation like asap. What do I go with? Seven one three, two one two five nine five Oh, hit me up Michael at High Tech text and find me online social media High Tech Texts and Hi, g h T E C h T E x A N.
Speaker 4: What do you do I have?
Speaker 1: I'm like a little tiny status on United, which is not gonna get me really anything. I mean economy, I mean, I'm like a six foot tall dude, and you need these long flights. It's it's kind of crampy thing. And I know my sponsor's over here, and then the radio and the TV stage. They ain't gon be paying me for one of them. Get in one of them beds delay flat. I heard they're pretty cool. If Luftansea said, I've heard nice things about it. Okay, I need to know by like the end of the show. So you got about forty five minutes luftansa United. If I'm flying all the way to Berlin and I got to stop somewhere, got to stop either in Jersey, Newark, I gotta stop in Munich, or I think I could stop in London, or actually I can stop in Frankfurt. Help me out here, Help me out okay, because I'm going to be a documenting just to see how a six foot tall guy enjoys a fly flying all the way over there. Got a new passport, They've only got a new past recently. The new passports were different looking than the old passports. My passport expired in April, and I was scared, it's going to take me months. I expedite. I went online. I did it just I didn't go through the third party service. I went to the US Dove whatever it is, and I think I paid like ninety extra bucks to expedite it. Dude, this top to bottom this thing came and like I think it was thirteen days. It was quick. It's got like this plastic piece of plastic in there. So I guess you can't counterfeit it, or something's got a plastic divider. It's pretty nice. It's pretty I must say. When I got my picture taken, I went the Walgreens or something and I made him taken like three times. I needed to get them, you know, one of my good side of the whole thing. But I got the passport. I'm ready to go. Now I need to figure out how get over there. So that is a major worldwide tech conference that I'm looking forward to going to in Germany. And then I will give you the update of everything I see and everything that is released. I have about a minute before this break, but I do promise this. I did tell you that I've been playing with some more new gear that I was able to get when I met the Samsung folks at the super secret media preview of their new it's called Samsung Unpacked two weeks ago. I was in New York and I was able to get the new Galaxy Flip six, the Galaxy Fold six, which I've given you my thoughts. They also let me play with the Galaxy Buds three. This is the third generation of their buds. These are the earbuds, and for the first time, ever, and Samsung has had earbuds.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: These are the ones that totally bluetooth wireless. They fit inside your ears. They're not big, you know, over the year headphones as we usually use in radio over here, cans as they call them. These are different because they actually have little I call them stems, which are very similar. And I'm gonna use this term because I don't use the term Apple little lot you've seen for years the Apple air pods tell what they're called, the little white stems that look like they're dripping out of your ear. They Samsung actually has borrowed that idea. Usually Apple borrows from Samsung. Samsung borrowed the idea of having these. I must say, I'm quite impressed. They're very light. I will talk about the active voice cancelation how much they are. There are two different versions than all this. If you just hang around mad, just hang around for a few minutes, this is what I do. I have fun, you know, don't take ourselves too seriously. I'll tell you what's the good and what's the bad.
Speaker 4: Michael Barsa, I love to welcome you back.
Speaker 1: And I say that because I've done this so long. I'm very formal We welcome you back. Thank you for wearing a black tie and using a knife and fork in your correct hand, which I'm really not sure how to do that, but it is. It's Michael le Garfield. As you heard that Big Booby Boy say. It is the long running high tech textan show. It's after a noontime here in the city of Houston on Saturday. If you are hungry, I'll tell you what we're gonna do. It's time to eat. Who's hungry? It is lunchtime? And why not give away some lunch? Radio is all about giveaways. And I had a nice little relationshap peer with the Hobbo Bobs. Cabo Bobs four locations in the Houston area. They are out of Austin once again, it's a Texas based company. Out of this world. Burritos and tacos, bowls, salads and case of dias. You go down the line, you tell them what you want on it. You look back there. They actually take their meat, they take their barberco, they take their brisket, their chicken and their beef and they cook them on Camata Joe's, you know that outside smoker thing, which they actually at there. So good. Love the fact that they have five different Dowarthias you could choose from different tortillas. They got some key cheddar they got in Joe Chili. It's so great. Uh Met a buddy of mine. The one on Mason Road out in Katie. The other day, they've got one in Stafford, Texas. They've got one on the northwest side in Copperfield, this Shrah area. And also not too far from the galleria Sam Felipe near I guess I'm Chimney rock as Era right across from that AGP. Who wants to win twenty five dollars gift card? Let's give it away? Caller number nine. Why not seven one three two one two five nine five Oh, caller number nine two one two five nine five oh. And if you get a busy signal or no one answers, that means sucks for you. You didn't win. You're gonna have to go buy your own burrito. And I always it's I videotape this one through twice. It's almost a game when you're watching the last person try to roll. They put so much in this burrito. You you have to play a game. There's no way they can fold that burrito. And every single time they fold that burrito. It is looks like a small bowling ball. That's how big it is. All call a number nine, you know the phone number. You get twenty five dollars in Cobo Bob's gift card that we are going to send to you. See, you're not wasting your time at all doing this. I actually give you some good idust. How do you get the Cabo Bobs? Do you drive? We're a driveable city when you're in Texas, and I grew up in Texas. I don't taxi cab a lot, actually hardly ever. I don't use ride sharing, uber lifts and what have you, because I have a car. Actually I always have a car that i'm test driving. I drive to a grocery store with a big parking lot. I drive to a shopping mall where we park for free. There's a lot of free parking, unless you say downtown or so. This is a drivable state. But apparently there are taxis over here, and I need your opinion. I need you to call in if you've seen this. Apparently there is a test program from GM General Motors. They have a division called Cruise Cruse Taxi. Apparently it's a self driving taxi they are testing right now here in h doubt also in Dallas. If you're listening and Phoenix, has anybody seen a taxi driving itself? Seven one three, two one two five nine five. Oh wait a minute, because we're probably already got the winner for the other gift cards. I need to know. I wonder I review GM cars. I know people GMGM. Why haven't you offered me the chance to be driven by nobody?
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 1: Because I I would be I have some trepidation about that. Well, I'll ask you this, my dear listeners, Are you willing to be driven driven around and a self driving car? No? It says human drivers will supervise the cars. Maybe there's a human driver who's sitting there reading the paper. I don't know, but at some point, and I've seen it. I have been in a self driving car. I've tried it at CES in Vegas, and I think I've tried it once or twice in the San Francisco area where they're all over the place. Man. The thing is, it's a It is one of the biggest paradigm shifts that we will see in our lifetime, a driverless car, and it's scary you see it. It's like, oh my goodness, is this thing gonna veer in my lane? Is it gonna And they've had an accident. GM Cruise they did have an accident last year. They're slowly redoing it again. So that's why there's a test market in Dallas, Houston and Phoenix. But there's a lot of questions. I know I have, and I covered the car industry extensively. I test drive cars. I'm gonna review cars over here. That's something that I'm driving. But you know, I think the debate right now has continued to be is it gas versus electric? Or now is it hybrid. There's a lot of manufacturers who are backing off of their EV promise, especially after we lost electricity through Hurricane Barrel. If you had an EV, how did you charge your card during Hurricane Barrel? That's another topic. But now it's how do we as humans get comfortable allowing ghosts for all, you know, intensive purposes drive us around because it is very very odd if it gets in a wreck. Who's liable the are you as the passenger? Is it the company in this case GM Cruise, is it the person who maybe had the accident? With the tax A lot of questions. Man, I need an insurance person to come on and even decide for this for me. I don't know if we're going to see this in mass form in my lifetime, But then again, I hope I do live a long time. And I think it's because not that the technology is not there. Because the technology is there. They use a combination of lidar which is a type of radar for all practical purpose on star or, and they use cameras, they have sensors, they can see what's going wrong. It's not technology. I believe the technology is there. It's human interaction. Are we comfortable of utilizing and using and taking a vehicle that does not have a human driver? That I think is what we have to get over, And to me, that takes time. It takes a massive pr campaign, which is in this case maybe what GM is trying to do. They're just testing it out in these cars. But if you've seen one of these things, I'd love to hear from you. Hit me seven one three two one two five nine to five zero. So if you've seen one, got a picture, tag me on Instagram or on x or threads. High tech text and spelled the whole thing out because I actually i'd like to see I would like to would like to try this. I mean, obviously I would be documenting it. I bring, you know, my cameras. I'd probably do a segment on Great Day Houston or something like that. But I'd have to buckle in, man, I better check my life insurance policy. And that's and I'm a daredevil. I've jumped out of a plane. I have scuba dived. I have driven high speed car like a racecar around a racetrack. I've done my ten marathon. I've done all this, but I'm still like early going, I, you know, get into a driverless car. I think they've got to win me over, so then I can convince you to win you over. So do I make it? Yep? About that over there too? Do you want to follow up on one big news from last week too? Who was affected by the big Microsoft Windows slash crowd strike Windows computer going down. It's been eight days since a lot of the business computers, not so much personal Windows computers. Eight and a half million Windows computers went down a week ago. It was a software bug, and it turns out it wasn't Microsoft, and so I mean, I'm not blaming them, but it was a company, a third party company called crowd Soft. Crowd Soft they took the blame. They were trying to upload a piece of test software, but it was a buggy software and it didn't validate correctly with the contip with the content, and it was pushed out to millions of people. Eight and a half million computers going down from Australia. They shut down a ton of things, including a lot of airlines, including Delta. Delta got just snag man, and I know I've talked a lot about airlines this show so far by Delta did not have a good a good week. Certainly at Atlanta, people were like sleeping on the floors. It's it's just bring those computers up. And no, I'm not ragging. I went I have a Windows I have. Everything I have is when I have Windows laptops, I have Windows Desktop I'm looking at right now. Didn't go down because I don't have the fur print or the business version of it. I have a personal one. So if it did affect you, it should be over. And what can you expect from it? A little funny anecdote. CrowdStrike was trying to make make things up to businesses. So they sent businesses who were affected. And again I read this on the internet, but I've got got two or three sources. They sent businesses a ten dollars door dash card. I think it was a Uber eats. They sent them a ten dollars Uber We're sorry for the trouble that this coused you. Here's ten bucks at uber eats. If that's not a slap of the face. A lot of those Uber eats gift cards or gift cards they weren't delivered because they ordered so much. They were the servers were overwhelmed that. I think Uber eats thought it was a hack, so they tried to do a little good will, which was not too good with ten bucks for having my company bruly brought to its days. They didn't even get the ten dollars Uber eats. Bat. Who's that a bad week? Let's say CrowdStrike. Anybody else talk to me. We're gonna take a break over here as we come back with a few more segments of the High Tech Check and Show. You know, we don't do radio without sponsors, and we do thanks so many of our sponsors and our partners. We already mentioned us Coins and Jewelry. All of my Olympic updates, by the way, brought to you by US Coins and Jewelry Kenny and Matt Duncan on the Katie Freeway. Why well, because they deal in gold and they probably silver and bronze too, And so the Olympic updates coming shortly as we've just only been through the opening ceremony, which was it was pretty entertaining last night. If you happened to see that. Michael Garfield is the name. If you're listening to me on in the radio via your app or through your smartphone, are you listening to me through your headphones or your little tiny earbuds? I have been playing with a new set of earbuds from Samsung. They are and now I believe officially on sale. I've had him for about two weeks right now, the Samsung Galaxy Buds three and the Buds three Pro, two different versions. I have the Buds three Pro and this is the first time, and I've had most every other version of Samsung's Galaxy Buds they've been The design is a little bit weird. One of them. They actually called it the Bean and it looked and looked like and it was shaped like a bean, just did not stay in my ear that well, So this way, there's no way around it. Samsung pretty much copied Apple on its new Buds three and Buds the Pro. The physical design looks like the newest generation of the AirPod, the air Pods Pro, because they've got those little stems. Comes in a little carrying case. However, however, Samsung has taken it to new heights. Some of my thoughts the Galaxy Buds. They do have active noise cancelation, they have an adaptive equalizer, and they have voice detect all right, so does Apple too, But I like the form factor and I've never in my life had a pair of air pods in my ear because I don't do Apple. Sorry about that. These are lightweight, their solid performance. Comes with three or four different sizes for your ears. The first one that I tried on was perfect. Connects in a snap so you open the box. Comes in a little shell which acts as a battery case, and they have lights on them too. This is what I like. There is as I grab it over here, I'm gonna give you the play by paid what I have a white case the left when you when you pick the left and right little pods up. There's a light that goes up and down. The stem that lights up shows you that the batteries charge, and the there's a there's a blue light on the left one. There's a red right on the right one reminds you of what ear they go into. As I always say red right, Remember that one red right. So it's very very very simple. Battery life seems to be okay. I haven't had too much of a problem. It's a USB connector right directly into the case when you open the case, and you do have a Samsung phone, and by the way, for the best features, you do need a Samsung device. They connect automatically. I mean you don't even have to have your Bluetooth Pluetooth on. You open it up and your Samsung phone will say, hey, are you trying to connect the blood straight? Very simple to do, very simple do. Sound quality is great, Humphy fit good ambient sound and believe it or not, I have tried a number of different air pod pod like devices, not the over the ear, big headphone, beat through cans, whatever you want to call the active noise cancelation see to me to get true active noise cancelation which means canceling out all the surrounding noise around you, which is great for listening on planes, which is you got a crying baby, you got whatever. Those are great to me. You have to have the over the ear design. Gotta tell you. These are not over the ear. These are in ear Galaxy Buds three and Galaxy Buds three Pro. The active noise canceling works very very well, and you could set there's a setting on there that lets noises go through, which is very important. I'm a runner. When I'm using these to walk or run, there is a siren coming, there's a cop that's trying to give me directions, there's someone yelling, hey, garb man, it'll actually open up. You can set a level that you can hear what's going on on the outside. So there are a number of these on the market that actually do this, but I just I do like the way they look. They're called they don't. I call them stems, but Samsung calls them blades. It's a blade stem. You could swipe on them to adjust the volume. You can pinch them for playback, you can pinch them for noise control. And I'm pretty pleased. Let me give you a price on these if that's okay to you, along with the sound quality. Oh, by the way, they actually you can make calls of these things, and the quality and transparency of the calls are great, so much so when I'm in a car and I'm trying out Bluetooth, the quality is better than listening in Bluetooth on a car. I like that. That actually was was was pretty good. I like that a lot also, So the gallay actually only go back to my Nicole Montana when she sent me a press release because I believe I have the two different prices on these Galaxy Buds pro these things they're not. I mean, I'm not going to tell you how they compare to the price of the apples, because I don't know there are, you know, some differences. Obviously, what phone do you have? Does it work with your phone? You want to do some research on this thing. But for some reason, you have a Samsung and you want some really strong ear pods, probably the best EarPods that I have ever used from Samsung. That is an unpaid endorsement, which does not happen a lot for me. So I really really like it. Prices we have got the regular Galaxy Buds three one hundred and eighty dollars, and then we have got the upgraded Galaxy Buds three Pro. Those are the kinds I have two hundred and fifty dollars, two hundred and fifty dollars. There there could be some trade in. It looks like if you go to the Samsung site you can get one hundred dollars instant trade in credit. I believe it looks like you can do that. You can pay it off over time. I like that. I think they've done a good job. So again, I can't comment on the two new watches. I can't comment on the cool new Galaxy ring that allegedly tells you everything about your health. Can't do that, uh because I haven't got those yet. But other than that, go check out your your butts. If anybody has some comments of what your favorite earbuds and ear pods are, open phone lines here at seven one three, two one two, five nine five. You can get these at retail stores. I again, not in the door. I just want to let you know where I shop. I walked in to a Best Buy for the first time maybe two years, three years. They used to love best Buy. I used to love walking into best Buy Technology City. I used to go get my ideas of what to talk about, and hey, this looks neat, and let me go contact this company. Maybe they see if they have any press demo reviews. It was. It was neat wal in there. Because I had one of my cousins here in town needed help getting a new printer and laptop and stuff. And she wanted immediately, and so she lived near best by. Michael, can you meet me a best Buy? So we went the best Buy and we ended I ended up getting everything and setting it up for It was fine. Best Buy is different, man. It's clean store, you know, pretty well organized. They still got refrigerators and their microwaves or whatever, tons of TVs and the computers over there too. I would have loved to been the spokesperson for best Buy. I think I could have brought them a ton of business. I remember, my good dear friend, May rest in peace. Randy Lemon, the garden Guy, the garden Gooper on our sister radio station seven forty. I'm going back about fifteen years ago. I'm Randy needed help buying a TV. And I'm on air on this show. Randy is walking through a best Buy. He calls the show live on air, true story, and he goes, Garth, I'm standing at the tea. I need your help. Should I go with this Sony over here? Or should I go with this Samsung over here? Here's the prices. I'm literally giving him play by play of what you bought. And of course, knowing it's one of my best friends, I had to dish him his own medicine. If you've ever listened to Randy Lemon show when he did the guarden line, we actually he would over and overtell you he Sometimes he would not tell you the answer. His answ would be, read my schedule, go online, download my schedule of when to plant the pagonias and when to put the roses and what to do. So instead of telling him on air what to do, I said, Randy, go read my schedule and go look at my website I tech Texan dot com, and I'll tell you which one to buy. A best Buy. Yeah, he did not appreciate that. I actually I ultimately gave him what the boy. I say this about the spokesperson because best Buy just came best by. Apparently it's still relevant. Apparently they still have ad dollars. They just refreshed the brand, and they came out with a new spokesperson. Stockingly enough, it is not Ryan Seacrest. They have come up with a hollow graphic spokesperson. I am not kidding you. It is called a spokes hologram, and it is a dude who is in an all blue uniform. I guess that's what Best Buy Geek Squad or something uniform is. And it's a TV commercial or two whatever, and you're gonna be seeing a spokes hologram whatever. You're listening to the real spokesperson for all technology right here on The High Tech Text Show seven one three two one two five nine five up when we come up, come back. It is the last segment this week. We'll wrap up some of your questions. I will tell you some of the cars I've been driving. And if you're looking for a new another new bundle on your cable to potentially save money because you don't have enough bundles and streaming of services, I will tell you three companies that I've come together to create another bundle. It is so confusing that I'm gonna make some sense to this right here on The Micro Darker Show, final nine minutes of the show. Thank you for hanging around with me. Congratulations to all the winners of the stuff that we have given away. We do this every week. We have done it for twenty two years. The longest running radio program in KPRC nine to fifty am history used to be called Clear Channel when I started. Now as iHeartRadio. Got to thank my bosses who don't listen to the weekend show, probably forgot I even do a show for keeping me on, Eddie Martini, Brian Ericson, Mark Sherman. Those are the dudes who sit in the carpeted offices down down the hall. So all very nice for letting me keep this on. Twenty two years ago, we did not know the name, the word, the meaning of streaming. We knew pretty much what cable was, and we still a lot of us watched over the air Ota Television's that's following by the wayside, people, I mean, people are cutting the cord. We're we're streaming. All you need is the Internet access and it's getting just as confusing and just as expensive as as cable. I will tell you this again, but breaking news. There are free ways to watch television here in Houston, and almost every major market. It is over the air TV. The FCC, Actually, yeah, the FCCA, they do mandate that television stations broadcast over the air programming and so what you watch on your ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox affiliates, they broadcast that over the air. You do need an antenna, and nowadays it's a digital antenna to receive it on your new digital TVs. These digital antennas, they can go inside your home. They can fit on your little tabletop or a desktop. They're relatively small. Get them online, get them, get your you know, big stores. They could be as inexpensive as fifteen twenty dollars. You can go upwards of one hundred dollars. Sometimes you want to put them towards your window. Sometimes you want up face them towards where the massive broadcast antenna in your city is the signals are coming from. Uh you can go to I think the website is antennaweb dot org. That's one of the many ways that you can see where the here in the Houston area, the major television or radio stations are broadcasting from very tall antenna towers on the southwest side of the city. It's technically it's in Missouri City, so if you know where the southwest side of your home is, you point your digital TV antennas that way. You're gonna get a better reception. All right, So there you go. If you cut the cable, How many streamers do you have? How many? By the way over the era, you ain't going get ESPN, You ain't gonna get any streaming. You're gonna get You're probably gonna get about one hundred and twenty one hundred and fifty channels free. Now a lot of them are Informed language, Spanish speaking Asian languages or whatever. You're gonna get a lot of repeats of the Andy Griffiths Show. But you will get the over the year major TV networks where you can watch primetime in your general hospital on ABC and whatever. Now, if you want the real stuff, I say real stuff. Now, we got streaming. There are so many streamers every single week or month, you should at least go back and see how many streamers that you and your family are paying for, because odds are you're paying for too much. Eight bucks here, fifteen bucks here, twenty bucks for this Netflix. It adds up. So in a lot of these companies are partnering together and they're called bundling together. That's gonna save you some money. And the latest bundler that I saw get this Disney Plus, Hulu and Max. They have now partnered together in some extent and they're bundling all three of those together. We knew it was coming because Disney entered a partnership with Warner Brothers Discovery, which includes Disney Plus and Hulu and Max. Th of these is going to cost you thirty dollars a month, which they say is a savings of six dollars per month when you add it all up. But this is what I'm here for. If you want to save even more money and you don't mind watching some advertising in between those breaks during your dramas, there is an advertisement filled version of this bundle that's seventeen bucks per month. Okay, now we're talking because who doesn't love ads? We love ads on radio. The reason you are listening to this radio show on this radio station because it is fr ee. It don't cost you nothing other than maybe listening to a few ads during our commercial breaks. You're used to it. You're used to watching television with ads, So why why not save money? Pay seventeen bucks a month for this bundle instead of thirty dollars a month, watch a few advertisements. It's a budget friendly way to do it. Plus, it's the home to everything that's Star Wars and all their new TV offshoots or whatever. Max. You know the drill. You know it's it's it's it's technically it's HBO and they rebranded it for no stupid reason. Whatever, Sopranos, Game of Thrones, the wire House and Dragons and everything. Disney owns ESPN and ESPN. They're currently prepping a new streaming sports service too that they're going to team up with Fox Sports and Discovery Warner Brothers Discovery, which is TNT. You're gonna be able to bundle this thing and you're going to get the NFL, the Major League Baseball, National Hockey Loutue League, NBA and more when it launches, and that's coming later this year. No pricing on that. That thing is estly going to be forty five fifty five sixty five dollars. Stuff ain't cheap, So I will remind you go through the streaming services, figure out how much you're paying. May want to delete if you don't watch it, your kids have moved out or whatever, just just just just delete some of that stuff. I am here to save you money. Find off few of for thirty minutes of the show. I'm not going to save you, honey. When I talk about some of the automobiles that I actually have been driving. Every week, I do get to test drive a brand new automobile. They it does not come from a dealership, comes directly from the manufacturer, which means I don't have to promote it going this is the greatest car in the history of the world. Come you know, we're on sale right now. Gas for my buddy at this dealership. Now I get it from the manufacturer, which means I can rag on it, I can love on it. I can tell you the good or bad past two or three I've been playing with this week or two. Had a really, really fun time and a brand new Jeep Wrangler three ninety two. And that's that's the engine size and capacity. I play. Hell, it may be the horsepower. This thing was loud, it was fast, It had massive tires. It is great for off roading. It had one touch retractable roof sawt roof which goes all the way back. Very fun to take the top off. I wrote it to Austin. The hair was flowing. It was great everything about this Jeep. It was very spacious. It was awesome. Oh, by the way, retail value of the way I tested it, one hundred and eight thousand dollars for a Jeep Wrangler. I know Jeeps hold their value one hundred and eight bones. If you want, if you can afford it, then don't even bat an eye out of it. Go find yourself a Jeep dealer somewhere. I'm not gonna tell you which one. Go check that out. You want something relatively affordable. I'm currently this week in a Chevy Trax. Trax hey don't laugh, twenty eight thirty thousand dollars. I could buy easily three of these things compared to the Jeep sits five people, nice technology, has decent pickup, very comfy, it's a good starter car. It's good for all the older generation. I'd like that. The Chevy tracks is very good. Was it an accurate Integra? Also a stick shift?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: I hate stick shifts. Stick shift is the is the hardest thing to drive. It's the worst thing to drive in traffic and Houston traffic having a stick shift, it's not fun. I get about three manual stick shifts a year, the Acur and Teger. It's sexy four door. This thing was like racing blue stick shifts. Manuals are very fast. I don't get to drive on a lot of Accurates. Hey, I liked it. Priced around the upper forties, lower fifties, I would get the automatic one instead of manual one, but that really did open my eye. I mean, I do a lot of Stilantis models. I do a lot of the the Chevy, the Dodge, the Jeep, the Ram, the Ring. I do a lot of the GMS. I do a lot of the GMC's and everything. I don't get to do a lot of the Hondas. I don't do a ton of the Toyotas. I don't do a lot of the Lexus, and I don't do a lot of the Accurates. But I really was impressed with the with the Accura of the Accurate Integra point is I have a podcast. Also if you go to iHeart certainly Spotify too. You look at high Tech Texan. I specifically upload a lot of my chat and chatter and conversation on automobiles there. So if you're looking for some sort of a model, go listen to what I have to say. They're only about eight to ten minutes long. And I will give you the good, the bad, and not so good, and absolutely by this one or absolutely stay away from this one that is on my podcast. Speaking of podcasts, this two hour show is about to be podcasted, which you can find on iHeartRadio because calimbered man, I do appreciate you keeping me on the air and punching the buttons and having some fun because you can download it and listen to your heart's content on iHeartRadio. With that, we're going end it up and have fun watching the Olympics, whatever you're doing, staying dry and counting down till the school begins in life as we know it sucks and begins again. I will be doing some back to school play by play some of the better year to buy laptops dorm room accessories in the next week or two. So I do thank you for tuning in. You've got questions, you know how to hit me got to high Tech texting dot com. The name is Michael Garfield on behalf of everybody who's been a part of the show. I do think you're for tuning in right now. This show is over