Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna I'm not gonna wallow go on.
Speaker 3: You have a concern about what.
Speaker 2: I'm worried about, Jackie?
Speaker 3: Like where? Okay, we're not doing that? Okay, what else is going on? See?
Speaker 2: No one wants to move.
Speaker 4: Off that turn four? What's happening?
Speaker 3: Robin wanting you to fill it in?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: That's great? All right, Well, we will see rain again today.
Speaker 6: Dry conditions are expected to return this weekend, very minimal amount of rain, but just enough. And for the most part, the rain that we are seeing today is going to move out relatively quickly.
Speaker 3: For the most part.
Speaker 6: Tomorrow Sunday expected to be sunny, so it should be a pretty nice, beautiful weekend. We will see some rain potentially coming back in on Monday, but as of right now, thankfully, not a lot of debris flows, not a lot of mud and junk like that.
Speaker 3: Than in the areas that they were concerned about.
Speaker 1: If you've got seasonal effective disorder, you want to maybe hit a movie this weekend, kind of good movie weather. Heather Brooker from KFI News is going to be joining us coming up next talk about the weekend box office, among other things.
Speaker 6: The Fed Reserve is likely to hold interest rates steady next week when they meet. Some consumer loans will be getting cheaper, apparently.
Speaker 3: Obviously.
Speaker 6: Mortgage fifteen and thirty year mortgage rates are fixed, largely tied to the Treasury yields, but rates have been trending slowly lower, say.
Speaker 3: That fast, slowly lower.
Speaker 6: The average for thirty year fixed rate is right now six point seven percent. That's down from just over seven percent at the beginning of the year. Credit cards also down from twenty point two seven percent down to twenty point.
Speaker 3: Oh nine percent. If you're watching those closely.
Speaker 1: Were we last left off when the Trevor Bauer saga. He was trying to rehab his image and his career after that that awful person and tried to lay him out for rough sex practices that seemed to be or were consensual at the time, but she made them seem like they were not. Well, that has caused no upsetment in DC. What has is the fact that Trevor Bauer once supported Trump a Congress.
Speaker 3: You can choke a girl out.
Speaker 1: But if you say anything good about Trump, We're done with you.
Speaker 6: A congressman out of Missouri wrote a letter to Major League Baseball's commissioner Rob Manfred's saying he believes that Bauer has not re signed with any major league team because of his support for Donald Trump. Mister Bauer was suspended for three hundred and twenty four games, despite the fact the La County DA's office declined to pursue criminal charges against him. According to Burlison, specifically, in twenty sixteen, Bauer publicly expressed positive views about then candidate Trump, including comments on social media praising Trump's campaign a rhetoric and outside status. And now this congressman believes that Major League Baseball got together and has locked Trevor Bauer out of the game because of those comments, not because of the kerfuffle that he was brought up for accused televisions.
Speaker 1: Guinness is seeing a resurgence, more Americans raising a pint of the beer to me that tastes like coffee. There is say that Guinness is experiencing. And it's two hundred and sixty six, the year of brewing, an unprecedented golden age, a renaissance. If you will in America. It's become the fastest growing imported beer.
Speaker 2: In the US. I'm fascinating a great beer last night at dinner. What kind was it?
Speaker 6: It was a Baltic porter, which is not my usual go to. Right, it's a Eban Drake. Baltic porter sounds like a meal in itself. From brewery tochronum out of New Hall.
Speaker 2: Was it filling?
Speaker 7: It was? Yeah?
Speaker 3: It was good? Little dark?
Speaker 4: Was it?
Speaker 3: Was it bitter? It was just bitter enough?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You like bitter though I do.
Speaker 6: It was obviously more maulty because it's a porter, so it's a big, thick dark looks like Guinness. It was on nitro, so it had so it had the super silky bubbles in it and everything.
Speaker 3: Now what led you to order that?
Speaker 2: I would not have seen you ordering them?
Speaker 3: You see that that are a.
Speaker 6: Hazy ipa and I'm not a fan of hazy mouths. You know why the wind that results?
Speaker 2: Oh really?
Speaker 6: Oh it could be a tornado. Some people react differently to hates.
Speaker 2: I had no idea.
Speaker 3: It'll blow you apart.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's like you know that as you drive out to Palm Springs and you see those windmills, it feels like those are developing in your duwadenum.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that you This was recent knowledge after us doing the show ten years. I did not know that you were a flatulean individual until when I was broadcasting up at my mom's house and you you talked about how you fart in here all the time, and I just don't know.
Speaker 3: It here right, I can let it rip when you're not here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know. I just didn't know that you did that when I was away.
Speaker 6: What else am I going to hold it in? Well, you got to know how, You got to know how your body reacts.
Speaker 3: To different foods.
Speaker 6: It's as if someone would be lactose intolerant. There's a lot that goes on into the stuff that makes the hazy IPA hazy can oftentimes is it barley, frigger grain? It can be those things interesting and I'm not I don't have a problem with grains.
Speaker 3: You're not a big.
Speaker 2: Whole week guy, though I love Oh you are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it doesn't make me.
Speaker 1: As long as you're in the bathroom, that's when you get into your whole wheat.
Speaker 3: Keep a little cooler next to the toilet.
Speaker 1: I'm with a hazy IPA and a loaf a whole wheat bread.
Speaker 6: This weekend, if you don't feel lazy enough already, This weekend is the LA Marathon.
Speaker 3: Of course.
Speaker 6: It goes from Dodger Stadium through Chinatown, Echo Park, Silver Lake, Tie Town, Hollywood, West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, and then finishes there in Century City.
Speaker 4: This is.
Speaker 6: If you came from another part of the world, whether it's a different state or a different even if a different city. That's a great way to see LA is to run twenty six point two miles.
Speaker 1: I guess I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to get in shape to run the ten k I signed up for that's coming in wait two weeks.
Speaker 3: What are the odds that you actually run it?
Speaker 2: I'm not going to not run it. That's totally antithetical to who I am.
Speaker 3: What day is that again?
Speaker 1: It is April fifth, okay, And the last time I tried to run, which was a week ago or so, I got a couple miles.
Speaker 2: Maybe a couple miles.
Speaker 3: That's good. That's a good start. You don't want to do it all at once, but.
Speaker 2: I got to do what six and change?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I believe it was six point four. Maybe you could do it.
Speaker 9: Well.
Speaker 3: You may walk in the next day, but you can do it.
Speaker 10: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 8: Hi, Gary and Shannon. I am in Ventura County longtime listener. I am a gay dude who loves listening to you guys and Shannon. I feel like you just became my best friend. The Emancipation of Me Me album by Mariah Carey is one of my all time favorites. Shake It Off is definitely a highlight from the album. It reminds me of that meme did we just Become best Friends?
Speaker 3: I love that album so good.
Speaker 1: I think you're gonna do Sometimes albums find you when you need the most.
Speaker 5: Hi, Gary and Shannon.
Speaker 2: Happy Friday.
Speaker 1: I have two girlfriends who are really into hazy I pas right now.
Speaker 5: They say the perfect poor looks like a really good ut.
Speaker 1: I oh, I just I was just gonna say, a glass from a LOUDI urine.
Speaker 3: Is that what the perfect poor looks like?
Speaker 2: And she nailed it?
Speaker 3: Awful? That is awful. Do you ever have a UTI?
Speaker 6: I don't think so. Jim's Carter could tell you, okay, great, that's also fantastic. Kfi's Heather Brooker has joined us from down the hall in the newsroom.
Speaker 3: What's going on that other one over there? Here we go. I've already bought it up.
Speaker 1: No, it happens every two how the bookers come down from the newsroom.
Speaker 11: I took all those ten steps down the hall to see you guys. I'm so excited.
Speaker 3: I feel like I have the big kids table.
Speaker 2: You guys.
Speaker 6: That's very exciting, very much not the big kids table, but let's talk.
Speaker 2: About I mean it kind of is have a good time.
Speaker 3: I have a good time.
Speaker 6: Let's talk about some stuff that's going on in the world of entertainment. The story that I saw this morning, I think it's going to generate the most headlines.
Speaker 11: Ted Lasso is back. Ted Lasso is back season four. It has been confirmed with a statement from Apple TV, but more importantly, from the man himself, Ted Lasso.
Speaker 3: Jason Sudeikis, is there season four?
Speaker 7: Is it in the works? I don't, I'm allowed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what we're right. We're right in season four now.
Speaker 3: Ted's coach and yeah, women's team for there's happened?
Speaker 4: Is he coming back to the States or that's many.
Speaker 6: Questions, so I'm not asking he did go back to Kansas at the end of season sety, so the least it or something, Yeah, but at least one seaton or at least one episode I guess would be in Canas.
Speaker 1: I'm hoping this does does women's sports justice and does not Korene into the political world of transgender people and women's I'm really hoping.
Speaker 2: It stays away from that.
Speaker 1: I get might because women's sports is such a juggernaut in such a powerful place for women to be powerful, and the any tainting politicizing it will piss me off.
Speaker 2: I will just say that right away.
Speaker 6: I just think, knowing who Jason Sedakis is in his political views, it would be I don't even know his political views, it would be hard for them not to put something in.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I think that we're going to see a little more left leaning ideas coming through and Ted last for especially if he's coaching women's team. We don't know what kind of team yet though they haven't confirmed if it is going to be soccer or if it's going to be some other sport. We don't know, but it would be interesting if they're gonna put a litle twist on that. It is exciting though, because a lot of the we're waiting to hear for sure if a lot of the cast members are coming back, like Hannah Wattingham, you know, who is incredibly talented. But we know for sure that Rory Kent, Brett Goldstein, he is going to be executive producing.
Speaker 3: He's back for that.
Speaker 11: And Brenda Hunt, who plays Beard, is also going to be back as an executive producer.
Speaker 3: But we don't know yet, nothing final on the cast.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying that there's not a place for transgender people in women's sports shows. I'm just saying I'm just saying that, like I would like a for example, and this is not the same thing, but there was a movie five hundred years ago called Lady Bugs and it was about a girl's soccer team and those girl girls were kick ass, and then they had a boy that was going to play and be like the star of the team or whatever. I'm just asking for a standalone female sports show that is.
Speaker 2: That is not about politicizing.
Speaker 1: It could have a trans athlete on the team and it not be the main focus.
Speaker 3: Is that a successful women's show?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like women women getting the treatment that men's teams have gotten through all of our motivational Monday speeches and movies. I love them all, but like, rarely are you going to have a woman's team get that kind of treatment.
Speaker 3: And I would like to see that as all. Picture that's Shannon and I. Oh my god, I love that. This is a picture Gary show. She looked exactly like Rebecca Wattingham.
Speaker 7: You did.
Speaker 3: It's Hannah Wan That's what I see. Rebecca's her character.
Speaker 2: You did we do that for Halloween?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Four years ago? You guys.
Speaker 11: Wow, I remember sharing about when they released the recipe for the biscuits that you can make.
Speaker 3: I have it if you want it and you want to make.
Speaker 2: Didn't you make those?
Speaker 1: The wife could be Your wife makes may taste? Did phenomenal if she made him for that? And they came in the little box?
Speaker 3: Yeah, a little.
Speaker 11: Box ted lasso for sure. We don't have any released date yet, it's still in process. But let's can we talk about sevens? You guys watch so I just finished season one the other day. Oh, okay, it's good. It's good.
Speaker 3: Well, then, I'm not gonna give a lot of spoilers.
Speaker 11: The only thing we know is for season two is the finale is next week, and Ben Stillers says they are working on season three. It hasn't officially been announced yet, but they are working on season three and the finale is going to be seventy six minutes long, so it's going to be really long, a lot more in depth, and that's coming out next Friday.
Speaker 2: Season three.
Speaker 11: Yeah, they're already planning for season three. The season two finale will be next Friday.
Speaker 1: Wow, Okay, that's quick. So season two, you've watched the whole thing.
Speaker 11: I have not seen last night's episode yet. I just haven't had time, but I'm excited.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm still I'm giving it a minute just to process the finale of season one because I kind of want to go through.
Speaker 11: I know what, since you haven't season two yet, I don't want to spoil too much of it because they really deep dive into more of Lumen backstory and in history. If you're not watching Guys, it's on Apple TV Plus. That's a good one to watch.
Speaker 3: I just finished a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 6: I finished The Agency on Paramount with Michael fastpen character and I'm excited. I loved it, but I wanted to I'm excited to see Black Bag coming out Kate Blanchett and Michael Oh.
Speaker 11: I'm actually really excited for that too. Do you guys know the theory behind the Black Bag. It's sort of this unspoken like if between a couple, like you can't ask me where I'm going. If I say black bag, it means I've got to grab my black bag full of stuff I can't tell you about. Doctor is I gotta go like a black bag, like it's secret, top secret mission. But that's basically the idea behind this. It's sort of like a mister and Missus Smith, but a lot darker, a lot heavier. They're a married spy couple that kind of there's twists and turns with each other. That's opening up this weekend. It looks really good. I'm very excited for that one. They're not expecting that it's going to do very well, but I think it looks good. And then All So Opus with Iyo A. De Berry and knew I was gonna Butchet from the Bear and John Malkovich. This movie looks weird and wonderful, and I, out of all the movies opening this weekend, I'm looking forward to that one the most.
Speaker 3: Do you always like, I mean, do you like weird movies?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna say.
Speaker 11: You know what, I don't not generally as a rule, but I loved everything everywhere, all at once because it was so unusual and unique storytelling. That's kind of the vein of Opus. Opus is about the about celebrity worship, and they're really opening it up and showing how crazy people get with these parasocial cult like relationships with celebrities. And John Malkovich is the celebrity and it looks he's so weird. I lovething he's done so and like, you know, I should tell everybody listening and tell you guys too, like I'm not a movie critic. I'm not a film critic. I'm just a person who loves movies and as an actor and like you know, comedian, and I want to tell people like what they want to spend their twenty five bucks on or save it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 11: You know, I'll just be honest with you about like save your twenty five bucks and stay home.
Speaker 1: But yes, look flight risk, save your twenty five bucks.
Speaker 3: Thank you. Thanks guys.
Speaker 10: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six.
Speaker 3: Forty right sorry, we're doing a show. See, I think you're distracted. I think something's coming up this weekend.
Speaker 1: Really, yeah, there's nothing like, there's nothing plan.
Speaker 3: I'm going to let I don't have to be defensive about it. I'm just telling you.
Speaker 6: Twenty hours of show, there's an opportunity for us to spit all kinds of facts. Some of it makes sense, some of it doesn't. But we hope that you learn something, a little bit of something on the course of the show. Here's what you learned this week on the Gary and Channa Show.
Speaker 3: Oh, let me turn that on.
Speaker 7: What I learn on the Gary and Shannon Show this week?
Speaker 12: I learned it hazy makes Gary fart.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Sometimes sometimes I'll say that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Gary and Shannon. What did I learn this week? Well, I learned that Shannon has a weak bladder. Yep. I have to carry a portable journal with me all the time in the car for traffic jams. Maybe she should do the same. Yep, that's what I learned.
Speaker 3: That sounds awful.
Speaker 5: What I learned on the Gary and Shannon Show this week is Thursday show. I think Shannon's starting to go through the change. She didn't know what temperature water starts to freeze out, and then they showed a picture on the eagle cam of Jackie completely covered with snow, I mean, just totally snowed out, and she goes, oh bet it's cold up there. Yeah, good move.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's what you're gonna get upset about this.
Speaker 4: Fore you're on the Gary and Shannon's show.
Speaker 9: I learned that wallet Hubs top ten list of happiest cities in the United States contained five cities from California. You're a good topping list at the top three Irvine, San Jose, and Fremont.
Speaker 3: Now fremon.
Speaker 4: Heyway, y'all have a good weekend. See why?
Speaker 3: Thank you appreciate that?
Speaker 7: Hey.
Speaker 8: What I learned on the Gary and Fannon Show is Gary like cram it in late at night.
Speaker 2: Oh what does that mean?
Speaker 6: I was talking about cramming work in late at night as opposed to spreading it out through the day. If I take a nap in the middle life but do everything later at night.
Speaker 8: Hi Gary, Hi Shannon, I really enjoy your show.
Speaker 3: What I learned this week is.
Speaker 8: Gary has an alter ego named Pep Gary, and this is obsessed with key Weather Ghost.
Speaker 10: Also, what I learned.
Speaker 3: Is that Sdaron is obsessed with.
Speaker 10: Spaceman underwear and genitals.
Speaker 12: That's what you learned this week, Bill from Arizona Bilk's two to fifteen executive protection specialist. What I learned this week. I learned that Shannon knows a lot about a band called the Jim Morrison Band, that Gary really put his brain into it. He too, could be be a weatherman.
Speaker 2: Thanks, guys, it would be a great weather man.
Speaker 6: Hey, Gary, Shannon, it's Tina down in OC.
Speaker 11: You know what I learned this week that I do not want to get a leukemia text?
Speaker 5: And how many times Fred Rogan says can I tell you something?
Speaker 3: Let me tell you something, let me tell you something? I never noticed that.
Speaker 2: That was great, Love Fred, Love you guys.
Speaker 4: Glad you're back.
Speaker 12: Stay dry everyone, blessings.
Speaker 3: Oh thank you, that's very nice.
Speaker 10: Hello Jack in Texas. What I learned on Gary and Shannon this week is that Shannon and I have the same problem with new vehicles. In fact, I ordered an owner's manuel for mine and it was seven hundred and seventy pages long, wow for twenty twenty four. So yes, there is way too much technology for an old person to understand.
Speaker 1: Especially when you get into something like an F one fifty where you think you really know the vehicle because they've been around forever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Hygarian, Shannon, this is the one from Lancaster. I learned that atmosphere river is actually rain. Yeah, beep beep Shannon, Happy Friday.
Speaker 5: What I learned this week is that Shannon has a little spells of redneck is in all other countries are y'all?
Speaker 3: Y'all? So he hall George Northwidge.
Speaker 5: What I learned today was that Shannon doesn't know much about the Avian world.
Speaker 4: Homeboy.
Speaker 8: The Avian babies or the chicks that are born do not have fur.
Speaker 12: They are covered or they are born with hatched with.
Speaker 6: Down right like my comforter George wasn't super confident in this whole comment there.
Speaker 1: You know what I also I didn't know about the Avian world is that they're freaking cannibals. Like I thought that fish or birds ate fish, and then that was kind of it. Maybe some rodents, but they eat each other, they eat other birds like ducks.
Speaker 3: Gross.
Speaker 2: Not cool.
Speaker 5: What I learned on the Guardian Channel show this week, Hey, it's so cool to have both the is.
Speaker 10: There every day of the week.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 4: I love you.
Speaker 3: I love you.
Speaker 2: It really was nice to be together back together this.
Speaker 6: Week, well it had been three weeks. It had been Now you're looking for another three week vacation from me?
Speaker 2: Would say, we will do.
Speaker 6: This again next week. Of course, assuming we're here on Friday. We'll see.
Speaker 3: It's time for our nine news nuggets.
Speaker 6: You need to know the stories that fell through the cracks because so much other important stuff was going on.
Speaker 3: Here's our honorable mention, honorable.
Speaker 2: Mention, not.
Speaker 4: Honor serving with you a.
Speaker 13: Great and honorable Moses.
Speaker 9: So today we're holding auditions to become the newest member.
Speaker 3: Of honorable Mention.
Speaker 1: So there is an orchestra and they are in Vienna, Austria. Now they have to cycle through their instruments pretty quickly. Right, I don't know what the average lifespan of a flute is. How many flutes you go through in the lifespan of you being a floutist. But I'm assuming that this floutist goes through a lot more instruments than you do, because sorry, why, because their instruments are made of vegetables.
Speaker 2: Vegetables, how do you do that?
Speaker 7: There?
Speaker 6: It makes sound come out of a cucumber. There is a carrot legit question, stop doing that?
Speaker 1: There is a carrot recorder, a cucumber phone, radish bass flute, bass flute, a percussive piece of eggplant, a leak violin. They hold the Guinness World Record for the most concerts by a vegetable bull orchestra.
Speaker 2: Who comes up with this? How high does one need to be?
Speaker 1: Although when you're high, you're not thinking about vegetables, are you, Deborah?
Speaker 2: When you get high?
Speaker 9: Do you?
Speaker 3: How do you get high? Well, you told me that you had to peopetigh.
Speaker 1: You told me you had a pot gummy when one of the earthquakes hit.
Speaker 4: Yes, I mean I've never smoked pot and I've never taken any drugs, but I do.
Speaker 2: The gummies are fine. Gummies are fine. They're calming, you can go to sleep. It's fine.
Speaker 1: But when you take like a lot of them, do you crave vegetables?
Speaker 2: I don't take a lot of them, Shannon, I take it. That's right.
Speaker 3: If you do gummy, no, I don't.
Speaker 5: If they're vegan, they're actually vegan gummies, so there's no gelatin.
Speaker 1: If you ever get crazy and take a bunch of your vegan pot gummies, let us know you start craving vegetables. Or if it's like the rest of us and you want pepperoni pie, I will let you.
Speaker 3: Here's number nine.
Speaker 4: At number nine, I did ninth plays.
Speaker 12: If a Cock's dirty nine times out of tennis, partner's dirty two and I speak.
Speaker 3: Nine languages, Act nine. Basically everybody at table nine, I feel ready to go another nine?
Speaker 10: And niner?
Speaker 3: Did I catch a niner in there? Where you're calling from Milwaukie talkie?
Speaker 6: The British guy has been in jail since the seventies. Guy named Robert Maudsley. They refer to him as Hannibal, the cannibal, this serial killer. He has gone on a hunger strike. He's promised not to eat any more people in prison because they're not giving him his PlayStation. His lovely seventy four year old brother was the one that did the story. Said that Robert is usually polite but is now refusing to eat because prison guards took away his gaming comy.
Speaker 1: You take away gaming consoles and it is like taking away someone's heroine.
Speaker 2: You know, watch Paradise.
Speaker 3: Here's number eight.
Speaker 13: Our tid is bold every eight.
Speaker 12: Second listening to eight different bosses drawn on about mission statements.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 1: These are the kind of stories about our men who will put on a bat and women who put on a badge every day that we should we should hear more out of you know, this was out of Brandonton, Florida police responded to a report of an eight foot alligator wandering through a neighborhood.
Speaker 3: That was the delivery driver.
Speaker 1: The pizza delivery driver calls in this eight foot alligator that's hiding under a car near the front door of the home that ordered the pizza.
Speaker 2: So the police show up. And what did the police end up doing.
Speaker 1: They end up delivering that pizza to serve and protect and deliver.
Speaker 3: Here's number seven.
Speaker 5: The seventh son of the seventh.
Speaker 10: Sony would go on a chacter seven TI haven't.
Speaker 13: Shaving seven years of college.
Speaker 3: Down to drain seven seven?
Speaker 1: I wonder how he doesn't calculus the policeman that stands and delivers.
Speaker 3: Boy, the car business is slumping a bit.
Speaker 6: And if you didn't know, the Volkswagen Group, as they say into Gemini, also sells sausages. The sausage industry is ramping up. The car industry is flattening a bit. So this means that the Volkswagen group almost sold as many sausages as they did cars in the last year.
Speaker 2: Do you ever have a Volkswagen sausage?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I wonder if we could make these, uh these happen.
Speaker 3: To make it happen. Get that sausage.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna google it.
Speaker 3: Here's number six. I got six, You got six, she got six, number six. There's six more weeks of water?
Speaker 7: What picture of me?
Speaker 3: Rabbi and six drunk and longshom? I we just dig in a nursing home closure to ask.
Speaker 4: I don't have to drive drink another six pack.
Speaker 6: A couple of you know, the guys that you'd see on the street performing for money or the subway or something like that. Sure, a couple of them have ended up in court in the UK. Jerry Barry and his nephew Damian Barry perform on Saint Patrick's Street in the Cork County as the Funky Leprechauns. They have been ordered to get a street performing license and they say they will, even though they don't like the law. They said it's making it almost impossible for acts like theirs. They perform outside Brown Thomas on Saint Patrick's St. Street, dressed as leprechauns playing spoons to backing tracks, and they also perform as elves at Christmas.
Speaker 3: The funky leprechauns going legit.
Speaker 2: A lot of red flags, there, a lot of red flags.
Speaker 1: Here's number five five five.
Speaker 9: This is the year five point five.
Speaker 3: Would be a favorite.
Speaker 1: Immediately allow to stop for the Volkswagen Curriworst's pretty good? All right, Well, we've got a pastry chef that has redefined the term cookbook after concocting and over three hundred and fifty dollars confection that's infused with the flavor of a dusty old book.
Speaker 6: This chef is the owner of three the three star Micheline restaurant.
Speaker 3: El Seyer de.
Speaker 6: Rocca is known for creating desserts that blur the line between art and life and also blur the line between good and awful.
Speaker 1: I love the smell of book flavored. I love the smell of an old book, an old, dusty book. I love that, but I wouldn't want to eat it.
Speaker 3: There's number four, four minutes.
Speaker 9: Probably on his fourth tranquilizer by now number four.
Speaker 4: This isn't the same world he left four years.
Speaker 6: Oh Boy University of Osaka in Japan and Depunagoro University in Indonesia have decided that turning cockroaches into cyborgs is a good idea.
Speaker 2: Gosh, absolutely not.
Speaker 6: What they've done is they've created a robot on a small scale, taken cockroaches and put little electrodes and a computer chip on their back. By simply attaching the electronic devices, they can avoid the finer details of robotics. Let the nature robotics, the body that is there, they can let that. Oh, it becomes apparent when you come to vertical navigation they're talking about. Cockroaches can climb walls, scale perimeters, penetrate.
Speaker 3: Three shall be the number count and the number of the counting shall be three.
Speaker 13: Within three hours three security clearance level three.
Speaker 4: All three of three.
Speaker 3: I got all three of you guys for the rest of your Nash is born live. After about three days, they both start to stink it. Some people stop putting stuff in your pain.
Speaker 2: Do you ever have a live turtle in your pants?
Speaker 6: Yea a turtle detected by a body scanner in Newark Liberty International Airport TSA officer conducted a pat down on this guy from East Stroudsburg.
Speaker 1: Mark Thompson's here. You ever have a live turtle in your pants?
Speaker 4: I beg your pardon. That's the oddest come on that I've ever had.
Speaker 6: I'll tell you that this turtle turned out to be five inches long.
Speaker 2: I feel like we could do better than.
Speaker 4: No need to get into the how big the turtle?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 6: That's not our business, specifically a red ear slider turtle.
Speaker 2: He could have been having a rough day.
Speaker 3: Here's number two. What's going on you?
Speaker 2: Twos one?
Speaker 10: Two?
Speaker 9: They're two people.
Speaker 3: There's two sons and no women.
Speaker 1: Ring Mark Thompson, do you ever get in trouble? Arrested for twerking and an intersection?
Speaker 4: And my favorite kind of arrest.
Speaker 3: When's the last time you were in Memphis?
Speaker 4: I played the fifth your honor.
Speaker 6: I've five men arrested this week allegedly stepping out of a car and twerking in the middle of an intersection in downtown Memphis.
Speaker 3: Why is that illegal?
Speaker 6: Joined themselves, all of them charged with obstruction, obstructing a highway or passing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the reason.
Speaker 2: And then us to have some big asses right of them, Number number one.
Speaker 4: Number one, Ben, I decided to look out for number one.
Speaker 6: Are you the number one, number one, number one, number one, Thompson, Do use a loofah in the shower?
Speaker 4: I never have? Do you recommend it?
Speaker 1: I like a loofah, but somebody, you gotta get the right one.
Speaker 2: Some of them can be a little bit too brek rough.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the knockoffs are not really good.
Speaker 3: Somebody on Reddit.
Speaker 6: First of all, there is a subreddit called moldly interesting where these people share pictures of mold.
Speaker 2: Apparently this Conway i heard is a big fan of this this.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, this woman shared an image of what looked like a sea sponge or whatever growing in the corner of the shower.
Speaker 3: Everybody does you've.
Speaker 6: Ever had guy roommates living in college, We all had mushrooms and extra stuff growing in the showers, And that's exactly what this turns out to be.
Speaker 12: God.
Speaker 6: As you can see, there is a mushroom that he is growing out of.
Speaker 4: Talk about the dark web, that's just crutal.
Speaker 3: So you in for Conway or John toon?
Speaker 4: John is away so early? Yeah? No, no, no, I am actually looking forward to it. We've got quite the show getting to the homeless industrial complex either really in LA We're kind of finally coming to grips with the fact that these hundreds of millions of dollars that were spending on homelessness. Yeah, it seems to be evaporating.
Speaker 1: It's weird to hear about like a real show after we've spent four hours talking about eglitz and farts.
Speaker 4: Well wait a minute, though, because we will get to the P Diddy. P Diddy was in court and I know you guys talking about this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just like the real news.
Speaker 4: You really took it to an ugly place. But I guess that is what it's about. Story that the Dodgers. Tokyo is a Dodgers country. Apparently, it's totally.
Speaker 3: It's been funny.
Speaker 6: They had thousands of people show up to watch practice. We're talking about practice and thousands of people crowded into the Tokyo Dome to watch them practice.
Speaker 4: Yes, Petros is going to join us bottom of the hour. We're going to talk about it.
Speaker 2: That'll be fun.
Speaker 7: It's fun.
Speaker 2: It's fluent in Japanese.
Speaker 4: I didn't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so try them. Also, I really like your frames. I like your frames.
Speaker 4: Thank you. These are my credibility glasses.
Speaker 6: I wear it very credible. She told me that I needed to go thicker on my frames when I.
Speaker 1: Have, but I don't think you should have a statement frame, is what I said. Okay, like in your downtime, and then you told me that you have them at home with the stripe And that's exactly what I was thinking.
Speaker 4: Okay, I go shopping for frames with either one of you, I think it's I think it's a.
Speaker 2: Fun that's a nice after a that's a nice afternmon.
Speaker 3: I'm busy today. I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: I got something thing Mark Thompson and for John cow Belt. We'll see you on Monday.
Speaker 1: Steady dry everybody, O blessings.
Speaker 6: You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show, you can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio ap