Speaker 1: Thank you for choosing to download the Ham Radio two point zero audio podcast rip. This is the audio taken out of a video or a live stream I did recently. You can catch all my videos on YouTube Ham Radio two point zero and catch us live every Sunday night at seven pm Central Standard Time for a different topic each week. Thank you for the support and thank you for being a member of the community. So what us up?
Speaker 2: What's up? Guys? Thanks for joining early. I saw there were twenty eight people waiting. We are at fish Lake National Forest in Utah and uh, Sunday night live stream like normal. But yeah, I'm gonna get my cup so I can put some bourbon in it. Hold on, so Frank talks to the camera.
Speaker 3: Yes, Yes, welcome to Take Radio Live Part two. I'm Cage and five HJ and play that or wait, we don't have any of that.
Speaker 2: Stoun up.
Speaker 3: I'm sitting in the dark a little bit in the shame. But what's going on y'all? We are just coming off of Zion Ham calm or hand yeah, hand yeah, and we are just relaxing and enjoying the evening and what's up front? Uh short blurb This part was recorded so we're on.
Speaker 2: So we're on top of a mountain right now at Fish Lake National Forest and there's no cell signal out here at all, nothing zero. I've got my starlink running, but you can see all these trees behind us, and the starlink is working, but it's impaired because it doesn't have a very clear line of sight to the sky. So the stream will buffer. Just give it a minute, it should come back. It did that to Frank several times. Nothing we can do about. It's just kind of one of those things we're not gonna do. We're just gonna kind of talk tonight. We're not gonna do anything formal. And that looks like eighty six DM in the chat.
Speaker 3: What's up, Dennis, Dennis Man, I missed you on my live stream.
Speaker 2: Are you watching my chat?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: I am, okay, so uh yeah, what's up guys. Thanks for thanks for joining us tonight. And I can't see the camera if I do that, yep, yep, So thank you. KFI, y v R K five Yvy, Joe Brett, thanks for working us on poda.
Speaker 3: Oh that was awesome.
Speaker 2: Earlier Randall k R five eee, thanks for working us on Poda. He's down in.
Speaker 3: Rockwell, yes, Frank, we are on starlink. Starlink.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're connected via starlink right now because that's the only thing that's up here. So I've got an external antenna on my four G modem that's mounted in my truck twenty four to seven, and it has no connect It's on Verse and it has no connection right now either. So I did not get a chance to install my we boost. I should have. I should have. Yeah, I kind of forgot about it. I was going to install my we boost and try it out here because we've been the The AT and T connection in Saint George is awful. I mean it's like we were kind of online but not really and uh so we've been kind of like with crippled internet since basically since last Thursday night. So I mean it's that. I mean, they had they did have Wi Fi at they had Wi Fi at the Hamcom Convention Center and they allowed us to use it and they said it should be fast enough, and it was. It was plenty fast. Yeah, So I was getting like maybe twenty five or thirty megs up and like seventy five down, which is plenty for live streaming. And so we had Wi Fi there. We had Wi Fi in the hotel, but the AT and T and Verizon service both are not very good in southern Utah. So we're having to make do with starlink on top of the mountain. And then tomorrow morning we're gonna get up and pack up our stuff and we're gonna head north again towards Hebre City outside of Salt Lake City, and we're gonna hang out with christ Frahm Buddypole for a couple of days. And he's looking forward to it. I was talking to him about it last weekend. So so I and we're picking up rob what on Wednesday Wednesday Wednesday morning, Idaho directly after that, Okay, I thought we weren't going till that night.
Speaker 3: No, so it was three hours.
Speaker 4: So we're gonna okay, we're gonna activate bear Lake. We could activate Bear Lake and Idaho, but then so we're gonna activate Bear Lake and Idaho. But then we also the campsite that we have, it's called Summit View in Idaho, and that's a it's a natural forest. Okay, So I figured once we get robbed from the airport and then we we get up to Idaho, you know it's gonna be four o'clock.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, okay, that works so good.
Speaker 4: We'll set up camp and then activate and get up the next morning head Yellowstone Head to Yellowstone Head to Grantee Times and actually we're gonna we're gonna meet We're gonna meet Shane and Jackson.
Speaker 2: Right and somewhere along the way we're gonna are we not making meeting Mike until actually we get to Yellowstone cor Okay, so Mike and Chuck will be in yell and t o in Yellowstone correct.
Speaker 3: Digit Little rancher said, don't forget me.
Speaker 2: We got you. I don't really understand how to use this. Uh elk in INTENDA. You've got rob So we'll pick you up so that we can let you do some satellite. Yeah, we have the OLK. It's in the back. It's in the back of the truck. Yep. Yeah, but it's it's in there.
Speaker 3: I don't use a system. But Bill again, if you're watching, we got your site, come on now.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, but uh uh the what was I going to say?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we did hand We did two national parks today. We did Zion National Park. We did Bryce Camp over here. Okay, there it is. We're back, uh once again. If those of you who weren't in the chat a minute ago. We're on starlink on a mountain with no cell service, and we've got these trees that are impeding our line of sight for the starlink. So it's working, but it's not great. It's not perfect. As aspen trees.
Speaker 3: Pretty interesting. Supposedly they have a common root system between the majority of the trees.
Speaker 2: Nine really kind of avatar is huh. Yeah, that's cool. But so yeah, you can go through Grand Tetons as a deep Yeah all right. Yeah, so sorry about the buffering, guys. Not much we can do about it. Poor internet on the mountain. But that's just how it is.
Speaker 3: So Roberts says he tried to work. Y'all work us don absent you were absent? Notice the appsent work in US?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? No, no, no, I s k t oh Dallas. Yeah, because we pulled Cedar Hill State Park.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we got Cedar Hill State Park. We got another guy in rock Wall, Routlett rock Wall somewhere down there, don your So we were hearing Texas in Zion and you guys put us in your ham alert AA zero z KG five h J K C five HB B Rob is W five I t R Shane is K five QBF.
Speaker 3: Shane's activating parts on the way too.
Speaker 2: Yeah he is, yep. And I saw I saw Adam, and Adam was out activating earlier today, and then I saw Charlie out activating yesterday. And Charlie's going he's going to meet up with some soda guys next weekend. The reason he's not with us is because he's doing another soda things, so he'll be on he'll be on the air Thursday, Friday Saturday or Friday Saturday Sunday, I don't remember.
Speaker 3: But in some friend family stuff pop up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, he's doing a family thing. So you guys put us in your ham alert and try to work us if you can, be great to get you in the logbook, all of you. Great to get you in the logbook, and we'll see how the internet works at Yellowstone. I have no idea, but we will have we will have the starlink set up at Yellowstone, so fingers crossed, we'll be able to get a better line of sight, clearer line of sight at that park.
Speaker 3: The kind of crazy when we were in Bryce. It was almost cool enough for a life jacket, but now sorts in the T shirt. I don't know what it is right now. Andy, if you heard us, man, you should come you come in and uh get us in the logs.
Speaker 2: Actually we did zero a M.
Speaker 3: Yeah we were and yeah got Andy and Bryce. Yep, logs. I will upload these logs all in the batch once I get home.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not going to get the mini dish. I don't think I saw that they had come out with that. But this one works just fine as long as you have clear line of sight. I'm just going to keep.
Speaker 3: It to recap a little bit. Right now, we're in fish Lake National Forest, National Forest Campsite at macin All Campsite, and it's supposed to supposed to drop a bit. I have a thirty degree camping bag with.
Speaker 2: Me, Brandon, I do.
Speaker 3: I bought it from the guys I saw over at More Expo. Oh. I forgot which one it was, but it online Like, all right, y'all are gonna laugh at me. I should have told the story on my live stream. I thought I had two two and a half weeks, so I started ordering.
Speaker 2: The born Outside is the System at More expo. I want one of those, I really do. I really want We're back. Yeah, I really want one of those.
Speaker 3: But I got another one. It starts with a C creative or something, cave something around there, and that, thankfully was I ordered it on like Thursday, and I said it'd be delivered Monday, but they kept pushing it back in ups and it's like it's like Thursday and Friday. I'm like, oh whatever. I thought I had two weeks and then I looked at my calendar and I shot a brick literally because it was next week and I was like, oh my god, this has to come in. So I bought another. There we go. Yeah. The one I bought was an ari I No not by ari I, but it was a whole sleeping system. But the back the sleeping bag had a very thin layer because it was meant to be in a sleeping pad. I was like, I want a sleeping bag, you know, I can open up all the way and throw over me. Not half of it work, half of it not. And thankfully the one I ordered online did come in. But it came in and I laid in that and it's a normal sleeping bag unzips all the way how I like, And I'm gonna use that because if it's warmer, you know, you can unzip it and use it just as a blanket, right, And that's what I prefer, right yep. Yeah, with some sleeping bags, the nice sleeping bags. Don even the synthetic ones that are for lower degrees. When you storm, long term, storm loose, always storm, Yes.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Jason, So Rob and forty five are saying that they both tried us today and they were we were really light and fading. There was a lot of QSB going on on the band today. We had several stations come in at five to nine and then we'd go back to them and they'd come back to us at like a five two or five to three, and then they and then we'd say okay, QSB, but I got you in a log book. And then they come back and say okay, thanks seventy three and they're five to nine again. Yeah, So there's a lot of a lot of that going on in the band today.
Speaker 4: And whenever I activated that site in Colorado, yeah, there was I mean there were guys that were five nine on c W and then they were gone.
Speaker 2: Were you on twenty meters? Don't know how he was how he was doing that, or or house doing I assume he was in California. I don't need a shower system right here.
Speaker 3: That's exactly what I think, Yeah, Kyle saying, we need a shower attached little Jason's truck. We will be trying to operate a bit tomorrow probably, and and we're looking forward to just having having fun when we can ye on these easy drives. Especially today, Jason and I were just taking turn offs. Where'd this go? Where's that go? Brice wasn't even on the schedule.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we weren't. Yeah, Yeah, we saw Bryce Canyon. We're like, yeah, let's go by.
Speaker 3: There, going an hour out of the way. Yeah, it's actually probably less than that. We directed us in another route so we didn't have to go back to the main highway m H and so that that was pretty good. And man, this this trip is probably what I need. I haven't really been filming a lot of video since the hand fist. I did some here and there. I'm probably gonna make a video for Yellowstone, okay, and something in something in Buddy Pole.
Speaker 2: I'm good, Yeah, yeah, I've gotta I've got a buddy saying I'm gonna do it, Buddy Pole. That is a follow up from from part of a video I recorded last year that I haven't done anything with yet. I'm gonna do a progression video of his new shop. I've got a new antenna that so it's a tar Hill manually adjustable antenna that's made for portable operations. Got a little nice little tripod with it, so special. Shout out to to the guy over at Richard I think is his name, at tar Hill Designs. He sent me that and UH probably make a video on that when we get to Yellowstone.
Speaker 3: That tar Hill is very nice because I just dropped my phone on the ground. It had a tripod built in tripod. You can set it up on the ground. No we trees, ropes or anything required. Right, so park rangers won't really argue with you. Yeah, other than if they want to argue with you. You can't throw that one.
Speaker 2: Okay, guys, I appreciate y'all hanging with me. It's buffering a little bit more than I like here, So we're gonna I'm gonna, I'm gonna ahead shut it down. But the important thing is put us in handlert work us on Poda this week, we're gonna be doing several There's a lot of good podas around this Hebrew City area around Buddy Pool, so we'll be doing podas on Monday and Tuesday and again on Wednesday in Idaho and then Yellowstone next weekend, so be sure to find us out there. Look forward to working everyone, especially uh K five you. We's already worked him once, but yeah, that's a good thing. Thanks guys seventy three to all. Everyone, have a good weekend and we hope to talk to you on the air this week.
Speaker 3: Bye y'all.
Speaker 2: Where's the exit button?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you just have to hit that, I know.