Speaker 1: All right, we have a smattering of emails here on the Minnesota Goodbye, and we're gonna start off with the It depends it's a little bit political, but it is not, so let me just read it to you and to see what you guys think. Hello friends, from Aaron. I hope everybody's having a beautiful day. I was listening to yesterday's Minnesota Goodbye on my way home and it ended shortly before I got my house, so I turned on the radio. The only station playing a song I liked was one of the country stations. And while I liked the song, I've come to learn that the artists and his wife are very conservative leaning in their politics and beliefs. I consider myself liberal, and why I know you don't dive into politics on your show. I'm curious if you felt so strongly about a certain political or social policy that would make you delete an artist and their music from your playlists. I know a lot of people have been upset with Taylor Swift endorsing the Democratic Party, and many users on social media made a point to condemn her and her audacity to make a political statement. I'm not trying to stir the pot. I know that spont's job, but I'm curious of your thoughts. Thank you for all you do to bring happiness and light into my day.
Speaker 2: From Aaron, I know who she's talking about for sure is that it's probably Jason Eldan and his wife. They've definitely riled up people a lot with their opinions on certain things.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, my answer would be absolutely not. And I think that's one of the problems in our country right now, is that you can get canceled or can or unfriended or disliked or shunned for having one political opinion or another, and I think that's just stupid. I just I don't like that. I would never cancel anybody because they were extremely one way or the other. I might think a little bit less, but certainly not. We would never not play them. But I will say we would never really play kid Rock on the show again, because somebody would get pissed off and call and say, why are you playing kid Rock? So we just don't, you know what I mean. But if it came up, it's not like you'd be like, oh, we can't play kid Rock.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he's not really our demo, so we don't have to really worry about that.
Speaker 1: But I do love that then and making funny things. And we were smoking funny things, making love outside of the lake bah with the ba the bang the bang, Biggie Biggie Biggest said the boogies ump jump the boogie b No, nobody.
Speaker 3: I like picture the best, but your picture.
Speaker 4: Oh, I hate that song that was so overplayed.
Speaker 5: Anyway, I'm a cowboy baby.
Speaker 1: Kid jams back in the day. No, I think that that's UH. I watched the debate last night, and I thought it was great that neither of the two UH candidates were nasty and awful, and I think that that's the way you should go back to. I think you should be able to have a political discourse without being nasty and awful.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I will say so, like I won't necessarily stop listening to an artist, like if they just say like, yeah, I feel this way and I don't agree. Like I'm gonna make this about Broadway for a second, but there's just this one Broadway artist. Her name is Laura Astnas, and she's a little bit problematic, but she has one of the most beautiful voices I've ever heard. I'm not gonna stop listening to her just because I don't agree with the things that she thinks and says unless she was being like harmful about it and like seeking out ways to harm others before like her beliefs. So like, there are other kind of people in entertainment that I won't necessarily support anymore because they are actively like trying to hurt people by being so opinionated so loudly in like a harmful way.
Speaker 4: So like JK.
Speaker 5: Rowling for Harry Potter, like she's a garbage, really terrible person who is seeking out trying to hurt other people because she believes a certain thing. And so like, I'm not gonna go out and you know, wave a flag saying I love Harry Potter so much. Harry Potter's my favorite place because I know the things that she has said have hurt so many people that I care about, and I care about those people more than I care about telling everyone that I like Harry Potter.
Speaker 1: Uh well, but would you still read Harry Potter?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would still read it.
Speaker 5: I just would Like I'm not gonna say that Harry Potter wasn't a big part of my life because I'm a millennial. So like, yeah, Harry Potter was a huge part of my life. I still enjoy Harry Potter, but I'm not going to like buy new stuff that Harry Potter creates. Like now, right now, I can still watch the movies, I can read the books because that's what I grew up on, but like, I'm not going to continue giving money to JK. Rowling because she's just garbage.
Speaker 1: I'm going to take you to Universal Studio and buy you anyone you want.
Speaker 4: If you're paying for it, then I'll go.
Speaker 3: You see how quickly she's like, Okay, say I will support it.
Speaker 5: But like, I think that's different because that's like a I don't know if she's getting money straight from Universal for Harry.
Speaker 1: Every penny that you spend in Universal, part of that penny goes to her. She has got a money machine at home that spins faster than a gas pump. It is like, are you serious? You know she's raking in the bucks NonStop forever?
Speaker 5: Okay, Okay, yeah, I mean I'm not gonna disagree that she's making a ton of money. I'm also like, if somebody said I'm taking you to Universal, I'm not going to say no. But what I'm what I mean to say is that, like, you're not gonna go out of your way to support her. I'm not going to go out of my way to support her. Before about Chick fil A, Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 4: Go to Chick fil A either.
Speaker 1: What do you not go because of the fact that they're closed on Sundays or what?
Speaker 4: No I go?
Speaker 3: I don't go.
Speaker 2: But I feel like this is I don't know enough about the big corporations, because you can argue so many different corporations support so many different things, but Chick fil A has been the most open one. I feel like that is anti LGBTQ, and I know that they have worked to change that in the pat like previous years and stuff, but I've just known that about them for a while, so I've never gone there period.
Speaker 1: It just cracks me up. It's like how many people are like, you know, I really support and I demand blah blah blah. But you see that line at fucking Chick fil A is around the block every day of the same people who were going, I don't like what they stand for, well, then go to knes you bid.
Speaker 4: Now, I'll just go somewhere else.
Speaker 2: I will admit I went one time because when the timberl when the Timberwolves have the posing team missed two free throws in a row in the fourth quarter, then you can go get free Chick fil A the next day, and so Andrew and I hit up like six different Chick fil As and got.
Speaker 3: A bunch of free se Remember that, And I'm okay with.
Speaker 2: It because that was like financially kind of hurting them actually, And also honestly, after eating home, I don't I didn't think Chick fil A was great. I thought it was gross. Anyways, I would never choose to go there to get their food.
Speaker 1: Anyway. We had this big discussion on the show a couple of weeks ago about what really is better KFC, and I think we all agreed, or at least I said KFC is better. But but nobody really goes to KFC anymore because it's your dad's favorite chicken restaurant, because kines, because canes and Chick fil A. But see really is superior Bone in Chicken where everything else it's Chicken Tenders, And I love it, don't get me wrong, But I like Bone in Chicken too, But you go to KFC, and there's one I think we mentioned down in Apple Valley. On one corner there's a Canes, a Chick fil A, and a KFC, and my daughter Alison, her husband Justin lived down there. He says, I go to KFC because I feel sorry for him. There's never a line at KFC. I will say. I read a study that says the fastest fast food restaurant. This is totally incongruent with everything we're talking about. Okay, fastest fast food restaurant is what? Take a guess?
Speaker 3: Taco Bell.
Speaker 1: Yes, you're right, Jenny, how'd you know?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 2: Because I feel like it is always the fastest one I've gone through any drive through before.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, because I go to Taco Bell maybe once a month or so, and it's amazing that you order all this stuff and you pull up and just about the time you put your brakes on, they've already got their food bag dangling out the window.
Speaker 4: Dang.
Speaker 2: I feel like McDonald's is pretty slow, at least the one near my house, because we have waited a very long time, and a McDonald's drive through.
Speaker 1: McDonald's is slower. KFC is fast, they say, because everything is made. They're not back there making the chicken. It's sitting under a heat lamp. Yeah, Culver's is very slow, but Culver's is like, it is so good it is made just for you right there. So that was a fun, interesting different email. Let's see what this one brings. Says love the show in the podcast, thanks for all the hours of entertainment. The reason I'm writing is because this summer we bought a bunch of puzzles at the Minnesota State Fair and the Merchandise Mart. They're kind of fun because the picture on the box doesn't exactly match the puzzle, so it's more of a challenge. They do that deliberately.
Speaker 4: Exactly which kinds of puzzles you're talking about?
Speaker 1: Anyway, I was working on the State Fair theme puzzle last night and I asked, is that Dave Ryan? And I said, I highly doubt it, but I showed me. But he showed me the box. Oh he said, they say my but they didn't put the noun in there, whether it's my husband or my wife. So I asked, Dave Ryan, is that Dave Ryan? And I said, I highly doubt it, but he showed me the box. I was like, damn, that very well could be Dave Ryan.
Speaker 4: I want to see I'm coming.
Speaker 1: It's a DJ with a microphone. It doesn't look like me, but I think it's kind of meant to be like a generic DJ broadcasting from the State Fair. I will go ahead and yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and say that's me. Sure, Yeah, why not? I went out there more than the narrative. Tell me anybody else that's ever broadcast more from the State Fair than me? Dave Ryan, name one person.
Speaker 3: I I don't know, So Bailey might know more than me.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I only ever went to there.
Speaker 1: All dead. Oh they're all dead dead, well dead dead dead. I don't know. That's very cool. I'm gonna go ahead and say that is me, so thank you. Neil, who lives in Atlanta, Georgia. Neil, tell me about Atlanta because I've heard that. I've got a friend that goes there for business and they hate it. They go to Dallas, Vegas and Atlanta regularly for business and they hate Atlanta. Oh, they say it's just gross.
Speaker 4: I've been there once, Like.
Speaker 3: It's dirty, there's litter, Like, what are we talking about?
Speaker 1: I don't know. They just said it's gross.
Speaker 4: There's Coca Cola World there that's really neat museum.
Speaker 1: Also the home of the world's longest escalator.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, they have got a good aquarium.
Speaker 2: You all the most random shit, Like who knows that the longest esque?
Speaker 1: Is that true?
Speaker 4: Coca Cola world.
Speaker 5: You'd walk down a hallway and then there would be like these fountains that would go over.
Speaker 4: Your head with coke and them. That was pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Able to drink it.
Speaker 4: I mean, if you jumped high enough, maybe you could get your face in there. It was super cool, you know.
Speaker 1: Bailey, Okay. Another one, This one says, this is a response to if we think emails like blowjob poop stories are fun, because we brought this up the other day about a blumpkin and that's when you give a blowjob to somebody who was on the toilet. Yeah they're pooping. Yeah. And we said, you know, if you don't want to hear stories like this on the Minnesota Goodbye, let me know, because we're not here to like grossh out or turn you off or be sillacious. This person says, I'm a longtime listener. I got to tell you. The story made me lol and get weak in the knees. It was so funny. Please keep contents like that as part of the Minnesota. Goodbye. I think you and the team do a good job giving a disclaimer that something's going to be spicy. By the way, what happened to naughty Tuesday? Naughty Tuesday was a concept that we had where you would write in your naughty stories of like a hookup that went bad or something that you did that was a little bit spicy, or maybe you made out with somebody in the stair well at work and they were married, or you know something, but it never really caught on. Yeah, we just never really.
Speaker 3: We get a random one every once in a while.
Speaker 5: But it's like naughty spattering day. It doesn't matter which one it is.
Speaker 1: Now that sounds dirty, naughty spattering, super dirty. We are only about twelve minutes into the podcast now, and usually we try to go at least fifteen. That's kind of our benchmark. So, Jenny, what's on your mind?
Speaker 2: Okay, So Andrew and I are going out on a trip to like Colorado, Utah area to hit a bunch of national parks in like a week and a half. We're gonna go to Zion and Zion is where they have angels landing.
Speaker 1: I know exactly what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: No, thanks, you wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Okay, so Bailey, you can google angels landing. There's a where it is just like ridgeline drop offs on each side. There are some chains. You don't hook yourself up to it, but there's like some guys a long way. You do have to win a lottery to be able to do that hike, and obviously we don't have that, but they do day of passes too, so there's like we can gamble and see if maybe when we're around there we could get one for the day. But would you guys do no, Dave, No, No, I don't.
Speaker 1: Like heights, so no, I would not. But you're is there a chain that you can walk along in like a handrail chain.
Speaker 3: There is a chain that goes from.
Speaker 1: Those along the ridge of a mountain by the way, Yeah.
Speaker 3: It goes from post to post, but you don't like hook up to it.
Speaker 2: And it's I mean, there is a lottery, so it keeps it decently less populated, but there's still a lot of people who get to do it because of the lottery, so you are most likely going to pass people like on one side or the other.
Speaker 1: No, I'm looking at a picture and it is crowded as fuck. It is crowded like Disneyland. And maybe I just found a bad picture, but I'm looking at these people scrambling over this beautiful mountain and there's probably forty people almost elbow to elbow, scrambling up this mountain.
Speaker 2: I don't know how many people they allow now, but yeah, I mean they do so many permits for the day. I don't think you have a specific time you can go, So I think a lot of people are not early morning hikers. Andrew and I are for big hikes. We definitely get up very early for big hikes, and we would for something like this. So I think, like, if you're starting to hike at eight in the morning, yeah, you're probably going to be around more crowded people doing it.
Speaker 1: That's one of the things about the Great Outdoors now is God, it's so crowded.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I grew up in Colorado and back in my day, yeah, the road up into the mountains was you know, it was moderately busy, but it wasn't crazy. But on Saturday mornings and Sunday mornings in Colorado, when you go up into the mountains, it's bumper, not quite bumper to bumper, but on Interstate seventy from Denver up into the mountains. It's a fucking traffic jam, and you're going through some of the most rugged terrain in the world. And it's a six lane highway and it's crowded, and you're coming home from Breckenridge. If you come from Breckenridge or Winter Park back down seventy, you're stopping go. You're literally your GPS is turning red. And the Manitu Incline in Colorado Springs, which is if you look up manituin Incline, is probably one of the most famous hikes in Colorado because it's ridiculously steep, even though it's only a mile long, but it's gotten so busy. You have to get a permit and register.
Speaker 3: Oh you have to get a permit for that, now me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't just go there. Oh yeah, you got to know that. You got to register in advance to get on the Manitu Incline because it's so popular. And that's one of the things about beautiful places anymore is I don't I want to go to Yosemite before I die, But I've heard Yosebite is like so low. You got to wait in a four hour line to get in. A friend of mine went to the Grand Canyon last summer. He said, we waited in line five hours at the entrance gate in their car.
Speaker 3: I think you.
Speaker 2: Really just have to go during off seasons because we've done Yellowstone and the Titans end of September, beginning of October, and yeah, there were people there, but like it was nothing. And it's because everyone goes during the summer because they take their kids and they're on summer vacation and stuff. So I feel like you got to go to nash Parks if you don't want to deal with those tourists, which we are ourselves in the off season.
Speaker 1: Well, the thing is, yeah, if you want to go somewhere and avoid crowds, you can either go somewhere that's not very popular, or go during November or March. And we went to the Grand Canyon during March a year and a half ago and it was fine. You know, it was you know, we took the bus tour and whatever. It was fine. But there's just so like if you go to the Boundary Waters. Boundary Waters is also permit based. You can't just go. I don't think you can't just go unload your kayak and your canoe with the boundary waters, you got to get a permit, and I don't.
Speaker 2: Think they can regulate that though everywhere because there are so many entry spots.
Speaker 1: You might you might be right about that, And I know that when we were there with the boy Scouts. It's the campsites are first come, first served, and so you'd paddle for like two hours looking for a campsite. Yeah, that doesn't have somebody there, and the one that's left is shit and it's got puddles full of mosquitos and there's no flat spots. So there's too many people in the world.
Speaker 5: I mean, I think there's a positive to that, though, is that at least people are like looking to do things out like in nature, and that's like a nice thing. I agree, because like I could be because I mean, I don't have really a horse in this race. I don't really know what you guys are talking about here when it comes to some of these places. But I get a plenty of cultural experiences that have barely anybody in the audience, and I would love it if more people would go to those. But hey, at least they're going outside, you know.
Speaker 1: Well, I think there's the I think the subtle difference is when you go to a movie, you don't mind a crowd. If I go down to the local cineplex, I don't mind if I'm sitting right next to somebody. But if I go to Yosemite and I'm trying to take, you know, like I don't know, enjoy the waterfalls, and there's a bunch of people there doing Instagram shit and their kids are screaming because they want to fucking ice cream cone. And I sound like Juanita, don't I Where is Juanita anyway? Juanita has disappeared.
Speaker 5: She was.
Speaker 1: She's overdue for this week.
Speaker 2: I thought it was a Friday special from her. I thought she was given a give.
Speaker 1: I don't know anyway. That is going to do it for the Minnesota. Goodbye. Go look up Angels Landing and stay home so when I go out you're not there. I love you, but I don't want you to be there when I go there. Go to the theater instead, fair enough, Go see Bailey in a theater production and leave the outdoor shit to me and Jenny.
Speaker 2: Yes, please, God, fuck's crushing crouch.
Speaker 1: Go all right, that's it for the Minnesota. Goodbye. We love you, thanks for listening. Ryan Show at katiewb dot com. That is the email address