Speaker 1: Went back baby season three and I said it would have last. Hi. I'm George Athas and I'm Nick.
Speaker 2: And welcome to the Quick Hands Regulating Podcast. This is the part tells her what it is.
Speaker 3: It's the quick Hands Podcast. The bull does used to be good, but that did not last. That's why I George wushed off the Panther season Now Gusts and Country first years the corner. We don't walk past Nicks. It have been in shambles since sety six. Dragons haven't done no better. Twenty takes a clinch only team. Let's see success. This path is getting rich. The brokers keep on taking loss of time's heading this. I call up and I'm asking NAUGHTI for some movies. It said that has to sit there for water. His defeat Friday night food.
Speaker 4: In needs tip.
Speaker 3: It's just to be complete. I'm off the bench when I see wats you running for the team.
Speaker 4: I am then.
Speaker 3: In the NFL, we only mess with the league.
Speaker 4: Getting tries every day.
Speaker 3: Time we kill never team. I'm super cooking with all these hands. I cast them on to day. George, Nick, Tony Arthur to the stage, please.
Speaker 4: A Welcome to the Quick Hands Rugby League. Podcast that tells her like it is, Hey, our fearless leader. Nick isn't here today, but we've got George and Tanya, the three Stooges are here. We're gonna be running a month tonight without later here. But I hope what is Nick doing?
Speaker 1: The ruble count?
Speaker 4: What's doing?
Speaker 1: But is he going for business a pleasure?
Speaker 5: It is in Melbourne for pleasure?
Speaker 4: Pleasure?
Speaker 1: You go.
Speaker 5: He needs a bit of a break, get away.
Speaker 4: From the race, trying to recruit some for paramounters and play some paramouter on a mission there. That's it. Well, I hope he has a good time and enjoy your break, Nickel. We need you for the remaining four or five pods to goa for the rest of the season. I made an appoint for you, George, So in six weeks time, doctor bombay the so Vitress. When you're going to the season's finishing seasons, so I know you're going to.
Speaker 1: Hit your then the men that I see semi final depression that starts kicking in that it starts kicking.
Speaker 6: I have to watch soccer.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I can't do it.
Speaker 4: I love it. I can't do it. It's the best thing, mate.
Speaker 1: So does it take away the pain ting? Does it take away the pain a little bit?
Speaker 5: Well, I used to watch it. I'm talking like fifteen twenty years ago and I played in high school. But yeah, it's nice, Like it's just familiar. Because before we jumped on this, I was having a chat Witherardi about Liverpool and it is it's exciting. You know what I like about it is the fans get so get up and it's just it's it's just brilliant.
Speaker 1: Does it come to the screen.
Speaker 4: It's it's the best. And it's even better when your team's doing well, like I'm not used to my team doing will in rugby league. When your teams are well, you can actually get more into it. It's great though. No, the atmosphere everything, you can ear the singing and you can need the atmosphere and players are going and harder, and it's it's brilliant, It really is.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'll maybe you've got to watch. We'll get there is some romances, so I mean some stand maybe we'll get to stand.
Speaker 4: Yeah there it's good. Okay, So good Thing of the week, George, did you want to take it a well, did you want me to do the good Thing of the Week? You can do the good thing of the week, one good thing of the week. Well, how many awesome highlighted we say? This weekend? Try after try, There was a lot of brilliant tries this week. What happened?
Speaker 1: What happened was Christmas came early for me, especially Friday. You know what we expected it? Sometimes it's a phiz. How many times have we said we expect good games to and they fizz out?
Speaker 5: I literally text you because so when you're away.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 5: I made the mistake of texting Nick and George sometimes during the games and don't tell me because I watch it later on.
Speaker 4: I did the same thing, I'll watch later to the Raiders.
Speaker 5: Game, which was unreally if you didn't see it, you would see it on the news boards everywhere. I did text you You're just like are you watching? Because I'm not sure watching?
Speaker 7: I was.
Speaker 1: I wasn't watching. I watched it. I watched it on Saturday.
Speaker 5: Unreal?
Speaker 1: What okay?
Speaker 4: Pick which was the best highloight for you? Tenure this weekend? This weekend'shighlights? Which was the best one?
Speaker 5: Raiders?
Speaker 1: The Raiders?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: That last try?
Speaker 5: It strange weeks and then afterwards weeks was like I didn't even see him throw the ball to.
Speaker 1: And you know what, they could have tackled him the they backed off. They backed off the ball bounce, so they could have they could have in the air, they could have gotten him, but they did it all might have been a penalty because Danger just tagled and I don't know, but that was that was That was a great finish to I really really really special rugby league game.
Speaker 4: Is that your highlight?
Speaker 1: Two?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the whole game because it was too opposite forces bashing together. So when Canary, when the Bulldogs play Penriff, it's exactly the two teams go through exactly the same processes. So you just see your sort of a ping pong game. When you saw Canberra and you see Penriff, they do they go about things completely different. So you two so you've seen two opposite forces trying to get on top of each other and it was just amazing. And and the best thing is that every time Penriff had them in the grind, they would attack Penriff in the grind. Okay, they wouldn't get out of the grind, but they're attacking Penriff instead of most team try to survive. Even Melbourne last week just tried to survive, and they survived enough they broke the grind. I can I can't honestly say that Camber actually broke the grind. But what they did do is they attacked that they attacked when they were in the grind, and they attacked enough to make to either parafunder fatigue or to put made to make pif make mistakes so they can come back into the game to get opportunity. So it was just two opposing games, and we'll talk about it later. I'd be more specific, but it was just amazing. I'm sitting there, my mouth was like and I was talking to me and like I wouldn't answer. I'm thinking, I can't believe this is happening. And I'm and I'm going deeper into technical stuff. I'm looking at every little The game was so close and so tight, and I'm trying to find some little, some little advantage for someone to get to go to go over, and I'm looking everything. I'm looking time on the ground, I'm looking how they stand up, I'm looking how the the markers split and how they work from the inside. I was looking at everything already. I was, I was, you know, I mean, at the end of the day, the camera forwards got on top. That's the only difference between the two teams for the last five minutes, and that I've never seen it happen for the last six years. The ham before gone on top, so sort of alarm was a little bit. But besides that, I mean, that was the best game of.
Speaker 4: It was the best about my highlight. You know they say history never repeats, Well, history repeated. But unfortunately for the Tigers, they didn't win the game, but they scored a try that was similar to the Grand Final one, which was nearly at the same close to the same minute that the try was scored in the Grand Finals, with that flick pass from behind that was sensational length of the field. It was brilliant. That camera trill was fantastic, but that Tiger's one was also just as good. Unfortunately they didn't win because of it, but it was a special try because it was similar to a very special try that was done back in when they won the premiership. Was that against the same team. Was that the one hundred try? Yes, where he flicked it that was awesome.
Speaker 5: Throw behind?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, yes, Mikey mark is an issue and you know what I've got this gun feeling they'll take him away to the kangaroo too. Yeah, they should. Who's the who's the better, who's a better winger than him?
Speaker 4: And this she? Yeah, they can't take to tell me about it. Well, we haven't got Nikko today in person, but I'm sure he might have something in the bin. Do you know if he's left anything behind me?
Speaker 1: He's he's left a message for us guys, and I'm pretty sure he's got the who's in his bin? So let's see what Nicole Nicol says. So Nicole take it away.
Speaker 2: Hello to all our quick hands listeners out there. Sorry I can't make the show this week, sending an audio clip from Interstate. I have a highlight, a low light and a highlight from the weekend. So my first highlight obviously for me, the Eels beating the Roosters, really really good performance.
Speaker 1: The Roosters were.
Speaker 2: Well below part and lost their half back you know, in the eighth minute, and I made some pretty diabotical areas in the second half, but I think credit to Paramatter for putting a lot of pressure on their line. Speed was great all night and they just played really well all round. So very happy with that. Low light has to be the Tigers Sunday afternoon, likehard Oval, Full House two thousand and five, retro Jersey on Well were they winning twenty eight points to twelve fourteen whatever it was with thirteen fourteen minutes to go? And what do they do? What they always do? They shit the bed and what is it fourteen fifteen years now they won't be in the semis. That's pretty diabotic called in itself. But the other highlight is Jerome Lewai, the marquee signing one point five million of the man scored his first try the season, and I think that's a good return on investment when you have your marquee signing scoring one try a year. Got to be happy with that. I'm out see you all next week.
Speaker 4: Ah, yes, nick I said to him.
Speaker 5: I was like, no worries because he was like, I'll send it to justin case whatever reason.
Speaker 2: Can you hear it?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Yeah, And but he sends it to me and I was like, that's fine. I'll just say how much he loves Jerome.
Speaker 4: He loves he loves you and he must have stolen his life.
Speaker 1: It was he must have.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's very it's good. I like the Holight Paramount were good, fantastic, outstanding. I was thinking a Nico when they did that. It was a great performance. Can you play what's in front of you? And they played it? Man, that was just awesome.
Speaker 1: I just, I just, and can I can I reply? Can I reply to you? Actually? Because you say that come in fifth or sixth is the best the best fifth, fifth is the best position on the table in the semi final.
Speaker 4: You can't play all.
Speaker 1: High quality, high tempo, physical games against the green finer. When you can't do it hasn't been done. It will be done one day, and it might be done this year. But what we've seen and how good were how good were the races in the last couple of weeks. Now on a different planet physic physicality, I can't do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But George, this is my point. Right, if you finish fourth, you play the team coming first at their ground, which possibly ends up in the loss. So gag and losing, right isn't a good thing. With fifth, you play eighth, which is a good chance of winning. So you're a momentum. It's all about momentum. Semifinals is momentum. Okay, So once you start losing, mate, it gets in your head and then more pressure and then yeah, that's my theory. My view is this, if you come I don't know, fourth and you win, you're in the prem Yeah, I know, it's harder. It's much harder because you're playing a way to like Canterbury. Now if they finished fourth, who's going to finish fourth?
Speaker 1: Warriors?
Speaker 4: Can you see worries but in camera in camp?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: Well okay, that was about what about if if it was Candid? What about Candiver is Melbourne? Can you see Kenna be having a better chance against Melbourne or a better chance against Coronuller. But then they've got to play again.
Speaker 1: They've got to play again instead of having a week off if they want to play again, Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 4: It would be injuries, could be anything, man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Look, all I can say is this history tells us it will be done. It might be done issue because Broncast might be just outside the four or Panthers it might be it might be done issue. But history tells us it's very hard.
Speaker 4: It is absolutely I agree with and Rooster has.
Speaker 1: Showed us that because they played not only two good games, they played about four good games to get up into a position. Okay, that physicality and I know they're young, but it's hard to it's hard to back up week in week out. But anyway, that was the question.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I'm going off again. Well that leads me into controversy corners. So there's a couple of things we can need to discuss here. The first one you would love this. It's up in Coinsland there. Daisy got heated in the press run after his game, and then two days later he's gone, He's been sacked and replaced by Josh Hannay for twenty twenty six. What's your thoughts on that one?
Speaker 5: We knew that was going to happen. It was funny because I got the emails for some reason, I get Titan's fan mail still and it was like news update as coach update, and then probably twenty minutes later.
Speaker 6: New coach Josh Hannay. Yeah, like, and we know it's not before because what was he saying.
Speaker 5: He's like, he's home for twenty six and I think he was good in that press conference, Like that reporter that was like a bit of a cop out, mate. How many times do you all need to be told by you know, coaches to just stop, you know, staring shit. But des was We said it for ages like he was out and he should be out, like he needs to go and have a holiday for a year because he's a good coach. It's just a bad club. You know that another coach isn't going to fix that, Josh. I love Josh, but you know they need to fix other.
Speaker 6: Things in there.
Speaker 1: You've alluded, you've aluded that it's a cultural thing, and it's it's a it's a management thing. Your gut feel your gut, your gut feel and and and look, at the end of the days, an inexperienced coach in the first grade situation, like a first team situation, do you think he'll crash and burnle? Do you think he'll go well? Now, remembering that there's been about half a dozen who have gone through that place, but it experience, be it inexperience being the new hot thing, and they've all failed. And I still can't believe now the DESI has failed. Two rings on his on his finger and he's got Yeah, I think that team on paper is the top eight team. Your thoughts, I think I would.
Speaker 5: Hope in the recruitment process, Josh made it really clear to them that you know, this is essentially the last chance they have to sort their shit out. I think that. I think if it was me, I would have a chat with the board or whoever's on the board to go, here are the stats of the last ten years of what's worked, what hasn't worked. The only thing that's been consistent is a leadership that's in there. And I'm not saying consistent leadership. I'm saying the people that are in the roles and who are making the decisions above the coach. That's the only thing that's been consistent. I think Desh tried to manage up and have that I guess battle that a lot of coaches have when they don't have the alignment with their board or the leadership team. But they could possibly like if I would put them in the bin, like and I would go to jets or create a Logan club if I was the NRL. But I would hope that Josh has a really good team that he's building around him, and that he just has a really frank conversation with them to go appreciate that you guys invest in his club. But I'm the coach that's the only thing that will change it.
Speaker 4: Well, apparently Scott Sadler's been appointed to in some role now at the Titans to sort of help him out. And there's another guy, the Frankie or someone another guy that's been appointed. It's going to be part of Josh's team. Basically, they're going there for twenty twenty six. It's not the coaching stuff that's that's more goes behind behind the scenes and do the He's going to be Scotty Sadler and another guy that are going to be part of it.
Speaker 1: Do you think do you think these names t you can can handle the board and keep a buffer bit between Josh and the board, because that's what Josh needs. He needs He needs a buffer, doesn't he Yeah, And I.
Speaker 5: Think he needs someone that's you know, he's but someone that plays a bit of bad cop, someone that has maybe played at that club before, someone that is familiar with the club, who's local. Don't bring someone just flying in.
Speaker 6: He needs he needs.
Speaker 5: So what we do with companies is we might place a general manager or a CEO or a COO, and there's always owners or a board above and we kind of say to them, what do you want and what we then do is we build the team around the CEO or the CEO that aligned and that it's good for the team and the company. That's basically what needs to happen. He needs to recruit his own team, get as much support as possible, because I think someone today, if I was in some sort of position, you know, like Frizzell's position or whatever, I wouldn't pretend to know everything. I would call in people to help me because I haven't played.
Speaker 6: Footy so, you know.
Speaker 5: So I feel like it's not a bad thing that he isn't as experienced, but I would hope that he would be a touch smarter than Benji, like Benji is trying. I would even reach out to Benji if I was him, to go, hey, what would you do differently if you could start again and get the right people around him as.
Speaker 1: Interesting and I think he's got it. I think he's got to put the right people or number one first of all, when he went in for the interview, I hope he made it very clear to the board what he wants, what he needs, and what's going to happen. Will stop, this is going to happen. And if you don't like what's going to happen. We'll go elsewhere. Because I personally would have waited for the Cowboys job. I personally no doubt on paper and upstairs in the boardroom, I would have I would have waited another season for the Cowboys job. But that's me. But he found and it was Josh.
Speaker 4: Did Josh play for the Dolphins Cowboys?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: He played for the Cowboys?
Speaker 4: Would club man?
Speaker 1: Look, there's no doubt that that Josh can coach. There's no doubt in my mind. He's a Jason Roles, he's a surrounder, he's he's done his time, he's a he's a coach in waiting, a high quality coach.
Speaker 4: But that's not the issue. The issue here is.
Speaker 1: The the Titans board let him do and give him the support. Now I'm thinking that they're not, and then the reason is from the history. But he's saying to me that that if he puts the right people around him, and he's got to have that, they will succeed.
Speaker 4: Is that is that?
Speaker 1: Is that basically what you're saying?
Speaker 5: It's like anything right, like like, yes, he's part of our team that's above him, but he can't have someone the board can't elect his assistant.
Speaker 6: Coach for him. He needs to build his own team like that.
Speaker 5: He needs to and and I feel that he will. I feel like given that he's played and he's played, you know, across a few different clubs, coached and everything else, I feel like he would have a really good network around him to support him. Even if he gets someone or a couple of people as mentors or something like that, you know, and even people that are closer to the ground like that can give him a bit of insight because I imagine being in a club like there would be because everyone kind of goes, what's the coach doing? It's not the coach's fault. They have so much to handle. They've got players that have issues with their misses. They've got players that you know, think HI about leaving them. They've got them, you know, they it would be really hard for the coaches. So if he can have almost like that bubble around him, that would be great. And I think it's him being younger and not as experienced he might be more appealing because the Titans are traditionally quite a young babyface team and we have really good feeder clubs around as well.
Speaker 1: Oh, the team is set up the team is set up, the pathways are set up, the team on paper is set up. Again. I can't believe DESI can't drive them into the eight. They've come in last, they're coming last.
Speaker 4: I look at I just looked up Josh Hanna. He's played one hundred and fifty games for the Cowboys. He actually played three games with the Sharks in two thousand and seven, but then he played forty four games for the Celtic Crusaders. I don't know whether that's rugby league or rugby is okay there second division. But I look at the Titans to be a bit like the Warriors, and before Webster got there, I thought they were a bit of a They always had good cattle, good strong team, and after Cleary left they went back to their old ways again. They got New Zealand coaches in there and they went I think they tried with DESI. It didn't work. I'm hoping that Josh Hannah has the same effect as Webster has with the Warriors, because the Warriors weren't they could before Webster got there. He's made them what they are, so hopefully Hannah has that same effect. He's coached North Queensland nine times when what's his name, what's his name green? I think Green. When Greene left, I think it was caretaker for a bit, and then he coached the Sharks for nineteen games. So he's had a bit of an RL experience. He's been in the Queensland set up for so long. Yeah, he's got some good connections.
Speaker 1: The pedigree, the pedigree is there. The issue is all of Frazil family. Let him be exactly, that's the only question here. And we're saying that if Josh is smart enough to put the people around him and keep a buffer between the Forzels, basically, let's get real and him and let him coach, it'll go okay.
Speaker 5: Well, so I'm looking at his starts too. So when he coached Logan, which is a really decent team and busy, he coached seventy games, winning twenty eight, so it was a forty winning percentage. But because we obviously get people from interstate to play it. You've got Burly Bears, you know, You've got people from South coming to play for Titans. It's just it's kind of like that Queenslander kind of mentality I think with the players, and he's like he's from more and bar like I don't know if you guys know, Moron bar is like proper well known mining town, like just Adam Kaye.
Speaker 6: So he's like Salt of Verse, you know.
Speaker 5: And and he's coached. I think he's coached enough teams or assistant coached enough teams. He's done Qucup, you know, he's he's done like Sharks. Even if he was in caretaker for Cowboys, caretaker would be quite intense too, because you're kind of there trying to build this, you know, loyalty or whatever, knowing that you're going to leave. I feel like he's got I think he's got a really nice, well rounded career to date. And it's pretty simple, you know. All you need to do is talk to the players and go, how do you feel like? One on one? Where are you at?
Speaker 6: Where do you want to be? These are my ideas.
Speaker 5: I'd love to get your thoughts, and hey, you know, bored, if you want it to be successful, you stay out of it. Let me do my thing, and then if you're not happy in six months, we can readjust that's how it should be. But not every coach will have that confidence to do that. But he also doesn't want to tarnish his name. I don't think des is tarnished, but I would hope that that was part of his onboarding or his interview process to go. If I'm going to do this, you need to give me the reins I did.
Speaker 4: The good thing is we just solved all the problems with the Titans.
Speaker 1: Now we have you solved all the problems and to finish off the DESI, well, look, I'm going to suggest to you that he's going to be really hard to be employed now maybe super League. I'm not sure if he even wants to go to Super League, but I think the new coach, the coach is coming in now. I'm more of a younger breed, as is the last of the Mohicans in terms of our old school, old schoolways. He's a very well is a strange character and a very inwards sort of person, not a very outward sort of human being. So maybe we last time we've seen dessiuh. And maybe some club will be desperate and need an experienced coach. Well, I don't know, but I think that he's had a sensational career, fantastic career, not emly plane, not amy coaching plane as well, because he's an international make no mistake. I like DESI I'm a fan of Dessy. I like what he is brought into the team. Now, the bloody short drop dropouts. He fucking started all that ship, little idiot. You know why, So when I put cays in in our forwards, legs have to run all that that way. Neither of the bulldogs back in the day, you know. So he's brought in a lot of a lot of innovative things. So look, I'm a fan. It didn't work out. I say, Daisy, run, you don't need the stress, because he looked pretty stress in that interview.
Speaker 4: He didn't look happy, didn't look happy.
Speaker 1: So you know what, go back to the peninsula. It's a beautiful part of the world. I think he's in his mid sixties.
Speaker 4: You know, they should do the er rule, should get him involved in the rule to look after the referees. He should be there. He should be the head of referees. Honestly, he would be ideal.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 4: He gave him just to look after over the rules and stuff and just be the man where all the rules get done. They need someone like him. You don't to be there to to just get things in order, because at the moment, whoever's running the referees or whatever, it's a mess and it's run by and I don't think it's run by rugby league player, it's run by an next ref. I think they need an next coach ex player and coach to do look after the referees because they understand the rules a lot better and the feelings and everything else. So anything that would be the best thing for the eneral if they did that.
Speaker 1: I agree, And anything is better than what we've gone now because what I saw over the weekend and one one for sure too, but one particularly young woman on a sideline pretty disgraceful. But anyway, your thoughts on that one.
Speaker 5: There's your refs, Yeah, yeah, I think you know, and having definitely more at the community club side, but the refs, it's so disjointed all of it. Get investors to give money and provide input around what they.
Speaker 6: Want it to be.
Speaker 5: Get coaches to have free reign, definitely dees or someone else to know, really work with the refs, because at least the refs would be protected too because the refs, I'm sure that they've played or that whatever, but they have no idea like it has been as shambles this year in terms of the reffing, and at least for me, that be clever. Get someone like Daz to head them up. He needs to be involved somehow. He needs to be involved in QRL something. I don't care what it is, because that is such a I would feel shit if I was him, that he has had such a decent career and to end it there with that club and then, you know, not discarded like everyone loves deirs, but that talent, you can't replace that talent that is that is forty years in the making, that experience. I hope, I hope that they do something with him or some club and you never know, right, you know, you don't know what clubs might turn over their coaches.
Speaker 6: My god, I would love it if he had like.
Speaker 5: Two years break. We bring like, you know, another Queensland team in he starts that up, does a Christian wolf with that team. Beautiful. He seems to have a holiday though, because he didn't deserve.
Speaker 1: Definitely holiday, there's a low mainly beaches.
Speaker 4: Absolutely absolutely. Let's get on to the second point of our controversy corner, and that's around Brandon Smith, who was charged with drug supply and inside knowledge of TI betting, which is really bizarre. What's your thoughts on that one with Brandon Smith.
Speaker 5: He's been a year ago, isn't that the report.
Speaker 4: That it was from, No, it was from this year. Wasn't April this year?
Speaker 1: Earlier this year. The Queens and Police have been investigating him now for about six months, or the situation for six months. That's why I find it hard to believe that it's there's no substance there that everybody is saying, the NRL, the South Sydney, they're all saying there's no substances. They're going to let him play. My fear is that it's going to be in is romance situation. He's going to get on scott free.
Speaker 4: Yes, my my fear. But did you see what the charge for the inside knowledge to betting. All he did is tell some guy that he's been he's going to play or something. So he got picked on the reserves. But he basically told him I'm picked to play. That was It wasn't nothing big. I think they're making a storm in a teeth cup in regards to the inside knowledge on betting. That's a bit of a harsh thing. The drug thing, I don't know too much about that betting thing. I think is a bit of a well, the betting thing is the big ticket item. The drug thing is something that you can get over rehab this that. Yeah, he can you know, he can cry. He can cry mental health, you can can cry anything. But the betting thing is. The betting thing is the big he's bringing in.
Speaker 5: So I read and maybe I got the year wrong, but I read that he was somewhere Sunny Coast or somewhere, and he was with some of the Roosters players.
Speaker 4: Yeah, four Roosters players have been mentioned.
Speaker 5: He helped get Victor Radley coke whilst on a golf trip, so he's Smith is considered a dealer. And it's funny if you get into the technicalities of it, like like now they say a dealer is it could be a small amount, could be a really large amount. There's actually no in between. So when you say you're blowing it out, it's massively blowing it out. It's like what you said George with Ado last year, like we know that they do that, do we care? And the inside of knowledge stuff like it would be pretty hard, I think to do any sort of tip offs for NRL, Like, because but if he ran out and broke his leg, like, we don't, you know, that's not a big deal. I think. I think what's shocking is this is something that or man or whatever. These are the things that maybe get miss judged or aren't harshly you know, you know, held by versus someone like Moses just ripping people out of the times and pushing Galvin into bulldogs. Like how can the NRL be on one side with this stuff but then allow complete political crap to happen on the other side, which is pretty you know obvious. They need to be super consistent. It's been a while since we've had a scandal.
Speaker 1: Though, Yeah, like a real scandal. You know what at the moment before the finals for the final as well, look at that at the moment, we don't know all the all the story, we know all the all the facts. But what we're hearing is the storm in the tea cup. In a way, I hope it is a storm in the tea cup. Well, you know, I really don't want any I don't really care about these things. I want to talk about rugby league. I don't want to talk about Brandon Smith or I don't want to talk about Israel man. But yeah, I hope it just goes away. I hope there's not no substance, substance to it sometimes where this make there his fire.
Speaker 4: But wait and see days yet. Third point, mate, we've got Buzzes on the attack again. I think you might have a valid point. It's Stephen Crichton. He's a protected species. Maybe he had a few indiscretions throughout the year and they've all been swept under the carpet. It's just a little thousand of the fine. But I'm not sure if you guys saw the incident on Friday night against the storm, the rake over the eyes, Yeah, nothing to report to let it go through to the keeper. Then buzz reported it and then all of a sudden, oops, yep, yep, we've charged him now and they've just give him another slap on the wrist for one thousand dollars. So he's crighton the new Teflon man as Solomona lost his luster now and.
Speaker 5: Then Grant got suspended for two games for a.
Speaker 4: Shoulder shoulder charge.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But Crichton, what did you think of the incident? Firstly, did you think it was it was reportable in this day and age. Yeah, this day and age.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, in this ten years ago no, five years ago, no, but now yes it was.
Speaker 1: And look, I'm not sure if it was sinbinable. I'm not sure if it was that far, but definitely reportable and a penalty. Now if he if he's, as you say, a repeat offender, well that's a separate, separate.
Speaker 4: In knees in the back, I think for and dragons. There was one early in the year.
Speaker 1: I remember the news.
Speaker 4: He's just like slide these There was another couple others I mentioned nothink buzz rattled them off, and it was last year there was one as well.
Speaker 5: So, okay has been sidelined more than like do you know, if we just look purely as an example, is a massive I wouldn't say that he's grubby. Maybe I have my dolphins from the Dolphins.
Speaker 8: Yea, the role model, the role model, calling the role model, No, the role model, we call him the role model. Him and Nelson, him and Nelson mate, those guys like that.
Speaker 4: It's a guy the I and the referen will say play on, and then I'll go to the reference the matter review Committee, and I'll say, okay, let's give him.
Speaker 1: Especially when they're playing for the storm.
Speaker 4: When with the Storm it was like a shield of armor, like forget.
Speaker 5: But at least this year, Jared Warrior Hargraves, he literally never in when it comes back, at least we know he's actually been punished.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, okay, punishment hasn't been.
Speaker 1: Fair enough this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Look, in terms of Crichton, I'm going to say, because he's one of those glamor boys and he's as a player, he's majestic, not it's like a thug. He's not a thug. He's not he's not Jared Hardgrave. He's not a Kafusie that type of style of player. And he does he does. He's a grub. I'll say he's a grub. Okay, but so was Billy. Billy was a slater and so all the good plays I was.
Speaker 5: But he's slater.
Speaker 1: He was a grub. He's an outstanding player, but he was a grub. But it was was Smith, Cameron Smith. He was a grub, standy player. But you've got to be an outside player to be a grub. You can't be you can't be a normal player and be a grub because you get penalized to buggery. You know what, I think everybody's unnoticed now. I think four times the minute buzz came out and he's going to be on teap sheets now from from for all the referees. So what's the betty stops? Well said man's stops.
Speaker 5: Well, if we look at if we look at the the top, you know outstanding players, and we know one of them is my favorite.
Speaker 6: Buyers up.
Speaker 5: But he isn't good.
Speaker 6: He's not grubby to the point where it's that's the first thing you think of grub.
Speaker 1: He's outstanding.
Speaker 5: But that's what I mean. And then you've got you know, Isaiah Gato, You've got coats as well. They're all decent players. Now, why is Crichton been protected? Like he's a he's a good player, and and you know, I I have certain feelings. I actually prefer to versus angus, even though they're not related or cousins or something. But he's a good player. He just doesn't deserve to be protected.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he doesn't need that rubbish in his game. He doesn't need to do that. Yeah, he's a he's a decent bestier in the camp.
Speaker 1: Is that suggest that he was a grub or he was protected at Henry feels more encountered.
Speaker 4: You know this in the last year, that's what he's saying. Last year. He's done for his indiscretions this year alone, and he's been off every time. I didn't so many is getting the Cafusi Salamona treatment. Apparently that's what buzzers are.
Speaker 5: You know what is his manager?
Speaker 6: Sorry, who's his manager?
Speaker 1: Probably?
Speaker 9: You know what.
Speaker 1: I think he's smart enough to change his ways. If he is, watch him change, Watch him change.
Speaker 4: He's a good man.
Speaker 1: The funny thing is he's only twenty three. He is the young tween three with four rings.
Speaker 4: Amazing, how amazing.
Speaker 1: He was the youngest one from the Pender team. He was the youngest one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the last one I want to talk with you guys is and this has really got me frustrated. Actually, now, what's happened is we just saw this man at the roosters no quantas here produce an outstanding pass. He's been outstanding all year, and the man with feathers, mister Velandi's, decides to put a rule where poor no quantas are here can get Rookie of the Year because he came from another code. Like it was like it's if it was targeted towards not giving this young man who's that an outstanding first year in NRL the opportunity to get Rookie of the Year when he clearly deserves it. What's your thoughts on changing the rule of them?
Speaker 1: You know my food not include you know my friends. I just wanted to throw the tea because.
Speaker 4: So the new rule is if you play for another code and you come into the NRL, you're not considered a rookie the four games.
Speaker 1: If you play four games in another code, t you can play their board doesn't matter, and you come into the NRL and it's gotta it's gonna it's gotta be for the girls as well. You can't be Rookie of the Year. So the land has changed changed about a month ago.
Speaker 5: The lands is to fix way more in his exactly.
Speaker 4: I know, right, we've got so many more issues are on he's going to.
Speaker 5: Young man like and that's brutal. It's like, you know, and I love Giagram. Whenever he's on, he is on, and for him to kind of get sideline Kissler Trell's back. He was he was lined up for Daily m in the first and I know that's that's decisions and everything else.
Speaker 6: But that code rule is a load of crap.
Speaker 5: That is so unfair.
Speaker 1: It was Ji eligible for Rookie of the Year. Did he play last year team? Did he play three games?
Speaker 5: But I'm also saying the way that the game moves and all these different rules, like it's just a bit of a ship show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think Joey Gray wouldn't have got daily. He would have got daily m with the not not rookie daily. He was leading, he would have got he was getting makes some points.
Speaker 1: He would have got it, you know, unreal the last the last well, I think three games he was in or four games has been.
Speaker 4: He would have kept that form up all year.
Speaker 5: The young needs to go somewhere else if he's not going to get used.
Speaker 4: He's following Josh apparently to Titans next year.
Speaker 1: They've got about seven full backs there, just Jacob. I think I think super coaches worked that out. I think he's going to leave him at full back. He's got to leave him at full back because the team is better with him at fullback. Yeah no, no, Nick, No, no, next year, no, next year. I think he's worked that out. I know Lattrell was his favorite toy, a super coach. But I think he's worked that out now. I think he's worked it out and he's mad enough to do it, because no one else would be mad enough to stand up to Latrell.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, everyone needs to do a Billy Slater what he did for Origin, right, every coach needs to switch it up. And what we saw in Ji Gray, this is what I was saying before. Josh Hannah needs people that are a bit closer to the ground because if where would have been at season Ben, if he kept Giant a bit more?
Speaker 1: You know, No, I agree, I agree. I have no idea, no idea why he would put him in the reggies. He was leading the daly m. Who's leading the daly M?
Speaker 5: How does Hartling know though? That rookie code rule?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's crazy, you know what it's it's it's Valandi's and Valandi's has got this narrow minded wanting. He's very vindictive and he wants the Code Rugby League to be the number one game game in this country. Now he's doing everything he can to get the biggest biggest dual television duel in history. He knows that the AFIL has got the biggest deal. The last time they went, they went together and the a fol got the bigger deal than the n L Okay, Uh, he can't. He can't handle that. He can't handle it. So he's doing everything he can, everything he can, everything is doing for the game. He's trying to go to Amazon, like I said.
Speaker 5: Go to.
Speaker 1: Netflix, Netflix anywhere and sell and sell this game for the highest amount and for him to be a superhero. He might even retire after that. He just wants to be a superhero super League. Ah, thank god, thank god he didn't. No, he hasn't, and I will tell him, and I know why he wants to do it, but I say run because what he wants to do, they won't. They won't let him do it. I'll tell you now that they think Valandi's is going to come in and everything will change, but they're going to have to toe the line. If you're you're selling your soul to the man of feathers, Okay, all the velandis you're generally selling your soul. So if you want to say no, say you do what I say. So that's what I mean. I don't think they will do that. So that's why they Anyway, the guy who Insultford, who doesn't, who doesn't pay his way for the poor club, and all the players are gone because he doesn't pay him. I think he's going to buy sybolic. I don't know how that's going to work out for him.
Speaker 5: With good luck to him, it's going to be hard for Orlandi's to sell anything. If he screws the rules up so much that fans stopped.
Speaker 1: Turning up, well, that's the issue. They are turning up. The issue is that they are turning up. As he says, and we spoke about this last week. He looks at all the key indicators and they're all up. They're all up double double digits. So there's you know, you can sit there and tell him that you're wrong. He he'll say, what a minute. Crowds up four percent, viewers up, you know, thirty two percent. And it's those numbers that we're talking about Origin, which was absolute a train wreck. This year was the highest rating Origin of all time. The girls really yeah, and it was a train wreck. It was a train wreckord Oranger two and three. Games two and three were absolutely terrible. There weren't in a real standard.
Speaker 5: But the thing is, if he's going to Netflix, and he's going to you know, he can't go to the Bay now. But if he's going anywhere, does he understand that the people on the other side will ask for a return on investment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he'll give it all.
Speaker 5: He can't and well he can be like, these are all the stats, and they're gonna look in the underwear drawer and be like, well what about this? What about this? You guys haven't sorted this out. Why do you have so many guys that have all these issues? Why is there so much turnover in this club? Why have you got player managers that basically that is not a good investment.
Speaker 1: That's not I mean intrigued, I mean trigued to see what what what he does? Because his track group tells us and if I like his his management sold that like he has management, so it's it's null and void. His track greekor tells us that he gets the job done, even the Emirates the races, so he got he he got let's say, relieved from his job in Melbourne rt in racing, So that's why he he uh made that horse race in Sydney. The Emirates. I'm not sure if you're aware of any Yeah, we know about the Emirates. Well yeah, yeah, like the Melbourne Cup is not the biggest race in the country, the Emirates is the biggest race in money turnover in the world, you know what I mean. So just to spite Melbourne, just to spite Melbourne, you know what I mean. So anyway, look, he's wrong what he's done, just despite the rugby union and over his dead body, that a rugby union player is going to get Rookie of the Year. It just shows you the type of human being he is. But as long as long as he's getting results, which in every job he does, we can't talk. We can't talk bad about him because, as he says, look at the key indicators, you can't you key indicators, and even Tea would know that. Yeah, yeah, that's it.
Speaker 4: All right. I think that's it for the controversy corner. Let's get into round twenty five.
Speaker 1: We're agreed too much.
Speaker 4: So what's around twenty five? George.
Speaker 1: It's in the can. It's in the can, nice tightly squeezed in the can.
Speaker 4: That's it. And we started the round in Round twenty five on Friday night, Friday night against the Raiders and the Panthers no one's saying anything here. It's Thursday night. Actually, yeah, Thursday, but we're going to ignore that game. It was South versus the Dragons. We actually started Thursday, but that was a by round by day. I think it was a forty nail whitewash to the South Sydney rabbit Oze absolutely destroyed the Dragons depleted team. Both teams were not just the Dragons, but South Sydney just played the conditions better and they were the better side. I think they had ninety something percent completion rate. They were phenomenal and your man Joe Gray was outstanding and a few others.
Speaker 5: So I was that kid Ashton Ward that I was like, Maney George Manny was on them on the pre potty. Yeah, I feel like him and Money could almost wait to say. And the poor kid like he is brilliant and every time he plays the comment tastes like check a bit of weight on him, my life, shut up.
Speaker 6: I think he knows.
Speaker 5: But he was brilliant, not just in this game, in previous games. But I think he only came about or came to my attention probably a few rounds ago. But yeah, I actually tipped the Dragons like I was.
Speaker 6: In complete shock.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, you had Bennett who didn't even have an eighteenth man, like three rounds ago, and then all of a sudden, this is happening.
Speaker 4: He told me, you know what was funny about that game? And I'm glad you mentioned ashton Ward because ashton Ward right is played in the Saint George Lowell grades and was killing it. But you know we had another guy that he was playing against that was me, and which one looked better, kle Flannigan or ashton Ward. But we won't go there were we we got rid of ashton Ward and look and look what he did to us. He absolutely destroyed us. He wasn't good enough for the Dragons and look what we've got. So watching that is a bit. It's frustrated. He's a jerringong boy, so he's up from the Ollawara, wasn't good enough for the Dragons, got a spot at the Souse and absolutely tourist the Shreds. So it was it was disheartening. So I'm glad. I'm glad. I'm glad for the kid because his name always popped up every time they talked about lower grade. You'd see ashton Ward had another good game, Ashton Warner. Oh well that's something kid to look forward to. And then he's at South something of what happened there, and yeah, anyway, it was a great game by the Rabbit. O's well done. That's got them up higher on the ladder. They can avoid the spoon now. The game after that was the probably the game of the round Rader. Sorry, Georgie, I just wanted to get rid of that game.
Speaker 1: Really quickly because it's not much. There's not much here tracious conditions.
Speaker 4: Wasn't it raining? It was raining?
Speaker 1: It wasn't It wasn't very good to you. I'm not sure if it was raining in Queensland, but it was definitely pouring down here, like record amount of rain. So it wasn't very good conditions. But South seen, he did complete it three quarters of the game. But the issue was that Saint George had no.
Speaker 4: No, no, they just we're missing a lot Jade and Jack the Bell and so all the guys that give them Stewart's let's forget who was missing because both to both both tims were missing lots of lots of cattle, but there was just no urgency.
Speaker 1: There was there was there was no drive in Saint George. Look at times they looked pretty ordinary, very very ordinary. The good thing is Alex Alex Johnston has come closer to the to the all time try wreck try scoring record to away with a beautiful try which came off a forward pass. I like to tip my hat off to the best sideline sideline person in the in the game, young woman called what's her name? Again? But in the was she was about four meters behind the play because you can't keep up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, quality Quale, you said, everyone saw except for two people, the referend, the lines.
Speaker 1: The linesman. Yeah, and it wasn't. I think it's the more lines and call linesman, call there, And yeah, we talked about Ashton Ward. Look in general south side the building for next year. They're showing some resilience, some fight and Saint George coming off an extremely hard game last week extremely went to New Zealand and really lost the game which they probably should have won, and just emotionally they weren't there body to nil probably says it all already, Terrible man, Terrible probably says it all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's get rid of that game and get to the next one, because the next one's a cracker. We've got the Raiders twenty. The Panthers sixteen went to golden point. That's the second time in a row the poor Panthers had to play a golden point and it was only against the team coming first. Last week was against the team coming second. So it was a tough game, a brilliant game, and the raid is coming off. A boy showed that they're going to definitely be a force to be reckoned with you.
Speaker 5: Proud of them, and I'm so glad we can talk about the Raiders.
Speaker 4: Ricky sure love, I love Ricky name.
Speaker 5: I was talking to Greg Bird today and I was like, did you catch that game? He's like yes, and he's like, carry the Raiders because that's like his secret team. And I was like, it's kind of being like, you know, the Dolphins would get up. He's like, no, no Queensland teams. He's like, I'm the Raiders that like that try. And we spoke about before, but that has been everywhere Instagram, LinkedIn Google, like, I saw this, I'll send it to you guys on the inside. I saw this real And they obviously report from overseas and the French commentators are reporting on that try and they're like week see and they're like and they're just so, it's gone, It's viral, unreal.
Speaker 4: Woll it's it was, yeah, mate, George, you know what. I was just talking to off of.
Speaker 1: A and we said, sometimes big games are built up and there are physics that we don't get what we want. These this game and the one after absolutely lived up to it's to its billing. It was a very very very very special night and a very very special game. I was. I didn't watch the I didn't watch it live because I wasn't well, but I watched it the other day and I on purpose didn't. I didn't try to get the score. And from the from the kickoff to the end, my my mouth was open, and I was watching this game in all and then I was talking to me and I did not answer because I was looking and trying to break it down technically. And let's let's let's let's talk. Let's talk about the actual game and and what actually happened. Pendriff came in and do what Pendriff done straight away from the first tackle got him into a grind. How this team can get another team from the first set into a grind, into a dog fight I've never seen it in my life. Cannony back in the eighties, you can say, in a way invented grind rugby league. Probably Saint George actually did back in the fifties, but can I say perfected it. But it took him a while to get a team into a grind. Penriff do it from set one, Get him into a grind, get him into get him into a washing machine I call it. Or get him into cycle, get him into cycle. And Nathan kicks so well. The opposition or Canberra this this stage, this time comes out of dirty ball, gets out about twenty five meters and has to kick and then all of a sudden, Dylan Brown's running the back of these first tackle is on halfway. So they've got you in the They've got you in the grind. But what what Camber does in a grind? They attack, So in their quarter they attack you. They're the only team that have actually attacked that I've seen that I've seen in the last five six years, actually attacking a grind. So they got enough leverage from attacking to get into good ball and put put moves on. Now Canberra are a very very very simple pattern team. You know, what I mean, because Ricky is a player from back of the back of the nineties. This is really simple.
Speaker 4: Three up the guts and give it to Waksi.
Speaker 1: That's as simple as that.
Speaker 4: Three up the guts.
Speaker 1: Let's let's go forward and give it to Weaksi and he'll find something on there on the edges. As simple as that. Compared to penis very complex structure and very complex systems. So it went to and fro to and fro to and fro every time perf we'll do something, Canberra will counteract it, We'll flip it around. Okay, Penrith had him in their quarter. But I think thirty two tackles was the thirty two tackles Tea in the first half it was about four sets, okay, And if it wasn't for a sort of drop ball McClean getting the ball and sort of like rolling over and scoring a try. They didn't actually break the line. They scored a try and what is what does camera do? Flip it straight away, get out of a grind for a second or counter punch and they scored a try too. So it was on I'm thinking, how good is this? And here I am trying to break it down play the ball, you know, Marcus pressuring him from inside. Both teams and they're just going to and fro punching, punching each other different ways but doing exactly the same way. It was intriguing. It had me on my edge, think someone's going to break, someone's going to who's going to break first.
Speaker 5: The Raiders are simple if you think about Ricky, it's just grinding it out, you know, like penrith Is are great when they've got that technical thing, but that technical thing like the Doggies too. It's almost predictable.
Speaker 1: Right, It's predictable. It's meant to be predictable.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you if you have a team like the Raiders that just grind it out, like like, look at the new top teams this year, Warriors grind out. They just Dolphins. I know, Dolphins of late haven't been awesome, but it's just the same. They just keep going. Eels are getting like that too. But I was so impressed with Jed Stewart, so impressed and strange he was, really.
Speaker 4: He's been an amazing all year. He's I've always loved from last year.
Speaker 1: Stranger, strange, strange, strange for such a young man. Now Ricky said, he's going on a kangaroo toore. He's not going on a can grootore. But but he will be going on a kangaroo tour and in the he'll be wearing you There's no doubt in my mind. In the future he'll be wearing blue. Look, he might be five years away, it might be one year away, but he'll be wearing blue.
Speaker 4: At some stage.
Speaker 6: I feel Young was better at the beginning of the year.
Speaker 4: That's how Young was a dog.
Speaker 1: That night. He was push, pushing, pushing the to the limit he was he was niggling, he was doing he was just being hats and Young unsettle things.
Speaker 5: He was really good for the Raiders Origin happened, and it's just I don't know, he's just not been really much of a favorite since then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you if you look, he's got a certain style and he does a certain thing. That's why Ricky Ricky likes him. And you know what, I won't lie to you. He does look fush. He does he goes to ruffle feathers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and does George do you think it's a concern? And Tanya do you think it's a concern that Penrith two weeks in a row have led by ten or twelve points and and lost games. Because Kenrith has been good leaders for the last four or five years, I've never seen them lose twice in a row when they've had leads of ten or twelve point Is that a concern for clearing?
Speaker 5: I think it's like the Russ thing. I forget who I was talking to. It was probably Cory, but I feel like someone else was there when they I don't find Panthers cocky, but they're very confident. So if they if they allow that to overshadow technique or the hard work, it'll always fall like it's not done until it's done, do you know what I mean? And I think watching the last couple of games, there's always been a point where you almost see them relax.
Speaker 6: A little bit.
Speaker 5: It's not as obvious as the Roosters, like the Roosters kind of roll out and that they play with a lot of, you know, over confidence.
Speaker 6: I think for the Panthers that there's still.
Speaker 5: A really good team, like considering where they were at getting of.
Speaker 4: The year, absolutely for them to come back, But I don't.
Speaker 5: Think it's a concern. I think they're just I can't put it to anything. I think it's just playing better teams, because they have been playing better teams recently. But you can see that there's gaps in the Panthers, like total used to be top try scorer, Like I find it confusing this time this year, a lot of predicted tri scorers aren't necessarily the ones to I don't know it's in every team as well. I'm not concerned. I feel like they're going to do well, but I feel sorry for Cleary Nathan. Like one minute he's amazing and within the next breath he's shit. It's like, leave him alone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, last year, when Panthers had you in the grind, good luck. Now good luck when they complete at ninety and make form mistakes off of the game, good luck. Okay, I guess what. This year, it's a little bit different. They've got some young some young kids, and you know, they're they're they're good. They're not great. They're a great They're a good team. They're a great team. Okay, are they good enough to win the cop? Maybe maybe they might be. They might be good enough to win. I'm not sure. I'm not sure yet. What happened? What's happened? Is is a big name player on this occasion, but on the last two weeks made some crucial errors, some crucial handling errors and let them let let Canberra back into the game. Edwards, Yeah, I didn't want to say his name, Edwards. And obviously maybe he's not injured, and I think he's injured, but maybe he's not injured, but he's definitely tired. Okay, and this this week off and I'll give him another week off it well, but anyway, so so when they when he made the first error, they defended the errors. So it's okay if you make an error as long as you defend it. When you made another era, they defended that era. But he made four in a row and once you opened the door for Canberra, uh four times, there's a price to pay and they paid that.
Speaker 5: I love Dane Laurry as a fullback sitting here.
Speaker 1: He's a good player, a good place.
Speaker 5: We actually got money to do the round tipping and he looked at it and he's like, bulldogs are going to win because we're explaining getting.
Speaker 6: The regies in. But I really liked Dan Laury.
Speaker 4: It's great.
Speaker 5: We want Corey calls Edwards deadwoods. He's just too rattled at the moment.
Speaker 1: He is ti definitely tired, and and and and and if we go and talking by the way, of course, we had that spectacular finish in Golden Point. Now they think that these two teams went to Golden Point, so make the mistake. I think we'll see them, these two teams in the back end of the year, if not the last week, definitely the second last week. Okay, that's that's my that's my opinion. But we obviously went to Golden Point and we had that that spectacular finish, which we talked about it the phil gold the and the one hundred meter try and what a try. And as Tanya said, it's been plastered over the whole world, not only Australia, the whole world. So great. Dylan was below part, But what I liked is the youngsters in his team. You're blazed to Lungey's your your Jenkins, your Nathan. Let's say it wasn't wasn't bad, but wasn't it wasn't great. When Yo came on, things did change. The middle did change, the direction did change. And Moses is playing pretty well at the start that he didn't play well, but Moses young so I'm not young Mases, but Masda is doing well now. On the other side, Eastern Strangers is a bloody star. Uh Xavia Case is a bloody star. Judge Stewart and you know what, he's going to go back to reserve. What's the regular fullback, what's the normal full bank? Anyway, he'll go back to the Reggies and say Ko Ko Weeks is an absolute star. This pack, this pack with Tarpani leading them, got on top of the of the of the Penrith pack. It's the first time I saw that in six years. I haven't seen.
Speaker 10: A dog a dog because you saw you got a little taste for the Raiders and you know what, like Panthers have done a massive comeback.
Speaker 5: Like everyone was giving them ship at the end of the year, like probably we did too that they wouldn't. They wouldn't you know, Survive have done so well? What did What did you think are they?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: It was a top game. It was a really good game and it was a test for Canberra. I just want to see how they're going to perform against this Penrith team. And when they're ten or twelve behind, I thought, here we go. This is their true test. Of character and they responded as better than anyone could's. It was fantastic. They just gave it back and they were just unbelievable. They matched it with him, and in the end it was a game of interest. If that field goal didn't hit the post, Pendrith win. If not camera win, you know, I mean, it came down to that that post in the end didn't.
Speaker 1: Let me explain how how I look at Canberra. Have we all watched Rocky. See if you watched Rocky, remember when when he when Apollo wanted the rematch? Yeah, and he goes, I want the rematch and the coach goes, I saw, I saw you beat a guy like you never beat up a guy before. And he kept on coming back. That's the Raiders. I saw Pandra beat Canberra up in in so many ways, and they just kept on fighting and fighting, and they kept on attacking back, and they kept on attacking in places where or areas in the on the ground where they shouldn't attack them. You go into sort of get out of jail mode. They attacked them, They take them in their quarter, they take them in on their twenty you know, I mean, coming out of dirty ball, you sho want to get out of out of your out of dirty ball. You want to get out out of your twenty. They attacked and that's why this team is if not this she is scary, Yeah, scary radio absolutely not. He's got a ring and and and and and in terms of personality style, you can argue and and and and and our fearless leader says he's not I don't know a questionable coaches. You know, he hasn't done I don't know, but it's like he's right in front of us. But he's got something because he's got a bunch of kids and he's and he's and he's molded him together. Well they're not all kids, but largely kids, and he's molded him together.
Speaker 5: But I've got to I've got a mate that I want to bring him on. He does a bit of commentating. I think I mentioned he's out in Newcastle. It has a bit of commentating. He's very in the NRL scene. Knows like I want to bring him on the pointy. He's got his own but brilliant guy and he I think I told you guys, but he he played for so one of his mates, I forget who it was, plays for the Raiders and they came to I think Nolan Territory or something, and he's like, I'm going to come up because I'm going to be there to see you.
Speaker 6: He's like, do you think I can train like with you guys?
Speaker 5: Rick He's like, yeah, bring him down. And they absolutely obviously ragged, but he was his mate. He was like the way that Ricky's got it set up, like obviously it's harsh and but fair. But he's like what I hear about Ricky's shut from him, you know, and what his meet says, He's got a genuine family in that team, and that is That's that's what I always talk about, Like with the Dolphins like that, that family. You can tell when they're close, even Panthers, you can tell when they're close. Right, And I've seen him since since. That's all I remember. If you ask me a coach, and I remember from when I started watching footing or any player.
Speaker 6: He's in my top ten all day, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think good on them.
Speaker 6: I want them to win.
Speaker 1: They'll be close, They'll be very close. If not win, they'll be very close.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I've taken too much time that I celebrate a bad about this game.
Speaker 4: Before we go to the next one, We've got a letter from one of the fans out of nowhere, especially straight after this game. It was from Coylin Shane from Cogra. They want to know because Saints but the Storm and camera does that mean they're better than Penrith Colin Colin Shane are just trying to get some points from time. But next game after that was Storm versus the Bulldogs twenty points to fourteen in the end. Now this is my two cents. I thought the Storm twelve and their up at halftime looked like they were going to sort of get away with a good score here. But the Bulldogs showed a lot of grunt and in the end three tries each they won the second half. Great second half by the Bulldogs. Could have easily won it with a couple of tries that were disallowed. Oh they knocked them on they were they were not they weren't try as they dropped the ball. But then in the end you had Crichton who nearly scored one, which was very controversial. I still think it should have been a try. I don't know. I thought he actually grounded it. But it was a good performance by the bulldog, especially after the last few weeks and they showed that they can mix it with the big guns. What are your thoughts on that too?
Speaker 5: I thought that was a try?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I thought so.
Speaker 1: The rule the rule is this was it was a try in terms of grounding, but it wasn't a try because he knocked it forward.
Speaker 4: But did it hit the Melbourne God?
Speaker 1: Doesn't matter. He knocked it forward. So say, in other words, you can't like that. You can't run to someone and you can't sort of throw it over him go through.
Speaker 4: But it did. Yeah, I know, I know, I know, but except will accept the forward.
Speaker 1: So it's again, yeah, exactly to it's it's some of the rules in this game is ludicrous at best. But yeah, yeah, I look, it's a try for me to try, but by law fortunately not.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think I think it was.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 5: This is when you're away, Ardie, you may have seen it, you know, when the storm like Nick mean, he was doing a stupid dance after they.
Speaker 6: Saw that, and I was like, if I.
Speaker 5: Had my coach who was up there blowing up, even if we were winning, I would not be doing that. And I feel like the storm of I don't know, taking the piss a little bit this year, Like they're a really good team, but I feel like they've just been a little bit lazy.
Speaker 6: I love the Storm players, like.
Speaker 5: Grant Coats, Katoa like I love the players, but I didn't know how I felt about this game, like I was fairly I don't know, like I didn't mind either. I think when something like that, I thought that was a try all day long. But I went that when things like that happened, you see the guys get rattled, which affects, you know, how they play. We would have a different season. I think if so many ridiculous calls weren't made, like guarantee, because then they're thinking, wait, what's the new rule? They're thinking in their head has something changed, like it it's crazy now. And I did preface the money prior to because I was like, you know, I'm glad he goes for Dragons. He's like, oh, that's good. I was like, remember uncle johgh for the Bulldogs, And he did say his favorite player in Bulldogs, Jerry. They're a good, decent team. I don't want Galvin to get get the flag, but I feel like he was very overinflated and it's not his fault, you know, like Maney's nine and he's like that. That was a ridiculous, you know decision. And you know Sextons, Well, we're hoping Sextans in this week.
Speaker 6: But I don't know.
Speaker 5: I thought it would be real. I couldn't pick this game, couldn't pick it. I thought it would be And I said to Korea, I feel like the points should be higher because I feel like I've been watching this like it's so intense.
Speaker 1: You know, but it was, but it was so coming away from this game gave me great, not pleasure, but gave me hope we can match it. Yeah, absolutely not only we can match it. Our forwards still need a bit of size to them because.
Speaker 4: Thompson next year, yeah, he's going to add some size of an animal. He looked junior fish they call him. Yeah, he looked pretty ordinary. Don't worry about that.
Speaker 1: That's next year.
Speaker 4: He's going to season with the Bulldogs.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 4: We looks up.
Speaker 1: They're up to twelve now and they look like they're going to sail away and we'll actually still fighting, fighting fighting there, we'll fighting fighting, We're in the game. Kick Out was outstanding. Kickou was outstanding on the day. You know what, A few decisions go the other way and one of mere we're in the we're in the pitcher. We might we might have been coming away with two points. I was happy with the performance. It was a great game. It was a very high it was it was both games on Friday were exactly the same in standard, and these two games were the highest standard games of all year by far, by far. I thought there was a game. Were you here when the Pan played Bulldogs early in the game, What a game? It was a Thursday night, Oh my godfather. But these two eclipse eclipse, those games I went a lot. I talked a lot about the last game. I'm not going to go on too much about this one. We're very close the Dogs. Now, I don't know, like I said, if it's this year, and I don't know the moves we've got to do in terms of players. Ultimately, now I'm going to stick my head out. They got it wrong with Galvin number one. Undoubtedly in my mind at the moment, Haywood, Well, if I want to if I want to go to a street fight with a suit and tie on and not with a baseball bat, that's who I pick the young Bailey Haywood because personally, personally, I would have read money in any day when I'm going to semifinal, semifinal Rugby league. Harry Hayes was actually off the bench and outstanding. Not a big man for six weeks.
Speaker 4: Man he's injured.
Speaker 1: Man, well there goes more of our pack depth. We haven't got a very big pack. And regardless, at the end of the day, the the Think Pack, the Melbourne stamp Pack were above us all game. We we they were. It wasn't for kicking and general play we were. We were doing the tough coming coming out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it wasn't for your backlong was fantastic. I think it's about Sherry and Crichton were just they're making so many meters outright and Sherry having a great day.
Speaker 1: Yeah. They they save us the carrying the ball out of dirty ears. They're they're the guys who But you know, you know what, three tries all twenty to fourteen, both teams, both teams are in a window and I have no idea. I have no idea who's going to be in the grand follow the show. I have no We'll see them play each other and maybe may I think that those those two games, that's the prelims.
Speaker 4: I think they are the prelims. Yeah, I think that's going to be the prelims. Tenny more to add or do me to go to the next one? No, no good.
Speaker 5: I'm like, I'm looking at the next couple of games.
Speaker 4: They're going to be quick quick Warriors. The next game after that, Saturday, Super Saturday, we had Titans eighteen the Warriors thirty two. I actually tipped the Titans. I thought they're going to spring an upset here because the Warriors. I wasn't impressed with the week before against the Dragons because they beat a very weak Dragons with three guys headmind, but the Titans were very disappointed. They started the first minute scoring seagulls and the Dolphins.
Speaker 1: You skipped them?
Speaker 4: Oh sorry, man, got their order wrong. I'll go to that one next. Okay, So Titans eighteen thirty two. Yeah, Titans started with the try early on, but then terrible Warriors. What's your thoughts on the Warriors? Are they back or they just playing two week teams of injuries?
Speaker 5: Don't they.
Speaker 1: The best players are gone for season? Basically?
Speaker 6: Well, they're doing all right.
Speaker 5: Titans always do well in the first half and if they do one the first half, they should have been always happened. I like the Warriors, you know, unless they're playing us, but like I think they're really good, like Tivshek Unreal. I don't know. I just hope they've got a chance, but I don't think they're going to be in there Grand final.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Metcalf is a huge loss. He was he was everything for that team soon as I lost him. But they're getting them back. Egan came back last week, so he's starting to get in. They've got the Fish back. They're missing the other big forward, Barnett. But yeah, what what's your thoughts George on that one? On the Warriors? Webster who?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Webster who? You know what Titans they're planning for the overseas trip. They must have knew that the the announcement was coming and that they feel they feel that they're not They didn't want to support Desi and they weren't very good at all. Really. There might have been some players, some players that they went well, the players that we know that go well every week, like Campbell and you know, but in general, Paul, the Warriors went up and got the two points. Yeah, they there are two points. They got the two points. Were they outstanding?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Were they good? Good enough? Good enough?
Speaker 4: Exactly?
Speaker 1: So that's all I can say about. They said they went to they went to the coast, they went to Sea Willed and they got two points. And I wasn't over impressed. I wasn't over impressed that to me, they didn't look like a top four team. That doesn't matter. They got the two points.
Speaker 5: And the reporter that had to go at des is like, you know, like, look at the crowd. There's anything you said, like Warriors fans. We have a very live arge Polynesia like demographic, Yeah, of New Zealand. It's like, it's not that people don't turn up for the Titans because you see them wooly Is wearing their jersey every day of the week. I thought that was a pretty unfair call. One hundred and we obviously spoke about Titan.
Speaker 1: I think that the journalist either doesn't like Desi all doesn't like the club either.
Speaker 4: All he was I thought he was like his job.
Speaker 1: I don't know about his job, but yeah, maybe I think I thought he was out of out of place, out of yeah, out of place. And Desi has earned enough for people to show him some little bit of respect, a little bit.
Speaker 4: Do you think the fact that Josh Hannah's appointment is going to be able to sway guys like Famous Alami whatever, that guy, Yeah and all those guys and yes to stay with the Titans, but not because there was talks about him looking to go elsewhere. But I do maybe with him there for feed and might change his act. I I Jayden Campbell and all those guys will just go, you know what, let's stick with Josh Man. I do.
Speaker 1: Don't forget. They know that they know each other from the origin camp. So I think the Tema will stay. I think Dave will stay. I think they're all staying. I think they'll be. I hope, I sincerely hope the Titans will be.
Speaker 5: What did they try and was the rabbits that tried to get for feeder a couple of years ago? Yeah, and he was like I'm staying, you know with the family.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think they bake flipped.
Speaker 4: Yeah that was Yeah. He backup to the roosters. But the rabbit as are talking to him now, so he's apparently Bennett's been in his ear, so there's chance of that happening but now with an A might go away.
Speaker 1: I hope, so, I hope so, but let's move on because this game was a was a was a hard watch.
Speaker 6: Dolphins was also rough and happy and lightly skinner.
Speaker 1: Dolphins against Man I'm going to lightly go I'm going to lightly go through.
Speaker 4: You want to skip that one?
Speaker 1: No, it was Dolphins. Dolphins were unfortunately. I hate to say this because I love the Fins. Dolphins were very ordinary. Mainly weren't any better, but they were, but they were better than the Dolphins. And long and behold what's happening? Because if Dolphins actually turned up, because I believe Dolphins thought that there was no chance in the world that they can make the eight, well guess what if they won, that would have been in the eight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, That's that's what surprised me, I thought.
Speaker 1: And so I hope they. I hope they lift that. Yeah, I hope they turn up this week and show something because, let me tell you, ORE very poor.
Speaker 4: And DC manly has been very poor as well. That's why I thought the Dolphins have got this because you know, mainly I'm playing, but I think I forgot DC's three fiftieth and because of that, there was a lot of emotion and they all lifted for DC. So he's still much he loved there by by the looks of things, he's not behaved. Man should so he should be.
Speaker 1: The guys given how many years, fifteen years of his life to this club. He's got a ring. Yeah, yeah, he's leaving. He's given fifteen years of his life to this team, and he's played well. So you know, I don't know the cafussle that's been going on about DC, you know what I mean. And and surely maybe maybe he hasn't handled it too well in the media. But regardless, it's not to talk about them. It's not what everybody's talking about. It's about him destabilizing the team. Now, if he has destabilized that that team, because players move all the time, if he's destabilized the team, let me suggest to you that it's not his problem, it's not his fault. Let me suggest to you the coaching staff and the management up what Tanya says talks about all the time, that's the issue, not not the DC. And so you can talk about that please, I'll let you in here, because you know that's that that one decision from a player shouldn't destabilize the whole tame.
Speaker 5: Well, it's all surprised, like you know, we've DC is like the days. He deserves a lot of respect, you know, if that's his choice, if it's his choice to leave or whatever. I just it's the whole leading from the top thing. Again, if we look at all the I think the dragons are okay, Like I haven't heard anything about dragons, But if we look at all the teams that are struggling, but usually there's just that misalignment between leadership and the coaches, right, But I think just leave leave him alone, like he's not It's like when they go, oh clear, he's not in. So panthers are going to go, you know, to shit or whatever. Like even looking at the Dolphins, who have you got Nick riema Fum with Flagg lauboss dot, Gilbert Plath, so many people out and you still have a you still have like a decent team. So if you have a team that one player or two players impacted that badly, you're right, it's not the players felt it's not perhaps even the coaches fault because we don't know what goes on, you know, when they're doing selections and things like that. I love d C. I think I think it's I think even going back to origin, like you guys did it with Teddy last year, it really did the best call for the state and the team, and I feel like it was done respectfully, you know what I mean. It's just it just gets it gets blown out, and these guys take that home. I think it's something that you know, people forget feel sorry for. It's hard to hold your head up. It would have been hard for DC to hold his head up this year for so many reasons.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but look the Seagulls got the victory and they think they were there.
Speaker 4: I was in this week, Ardie, Yeah exactly, and and.
Speaker 1: You know, good look good. Yeah, he looked good. But let me tell you he should stay in. He should stay in the Center's number one, number two.
Speaker 4: What is he on?
Speaker 1: A million? He should he should give?
Speaker 4: He should give he should give half of it back? He wants to didn't he say he wants to give some money? And they said and said you can't do it? Good about that last year? Well now he's a new contract and and can I and this is gonna kill me. Can I just talk about Jake? Because I love Jake. You know what super League wants him? Do they go to whole f C go how okay, I go to go to Castle for it.
Speaker 1: You will be a legend. He will be a legend. So please, please, please, Jake, you don't need to bash yourself up what you're doing now. He's getting concussions every second week. He tries, he's trying so hard, but he just can't keep up to the game already. He can't keep up. He's he's just his leg speed. He's not there and he's so all those concussions is getting because he's just half a second, not like half a second, not at that spot. He's got to be you know. I mean, that's why he's getting concussions because usually it's it's indeed when he gets the concussion, you know. I mean, so you know what, you're a legend here. Don't keep on doing the same actions and let's Chinese your reputation just cutting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, be a legend in England.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he will be.
Speaker 4: He will be eighty eight points in that game. That's more than a point a minute.
Speaker 1: Defense was yeah, defense wasn't a thought. And you know what I think about those sort of games.
Speaker 4: That's terrible. Finally, the game on Saturday night, we had the Eels thirty smashing the Rooster's ten. Great performance by the Eels. They looked very very good. Moses had a blinder. Roosters not so good. Sam Walker got injured early, came off with a head. Noock, he's out for this week. But the Rooster's mate got to give it to him. They played some fantastic Eels Eels.
Speaker 6: That's happy.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: You can't just watch it. Did you watch it lives either?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: They were two minutes in. I was like, wow, they were quick.
Speaker 5: They were dialed in, to use George's term, that was unreal. And they didn't stop either. I think I think Walker going off really shook shook the Roosters. And there was a comment halfway through that you know they can't like they're kind of struggling without him. What we were talking about before, you should be able to readjust like the whole game shouldn't hinge on one player as well, or that's why we have the reserves.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: I thought it was good, you know, I was saying to to Corey's we're talking about players leaving and stuff, and at Oka leaving the Dogs and obviously all that stuff that happened last year and everything, it's really nice to see him now this year for the Eels. I think he's like Jerome after last year going to the Tigers this year, you know. And I take what Nick says with the grain of salt and love him and everything else. But I've seen the improvement in him too.
Speaker 6: But it was nice.
Speaker 5: It was nice to see like Attaka, like I love YOUNGI. He's probably one of my favorite Eels players. But I was really happy for the Eels. They just they just killed it. Bruce has just rattled like and tired.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a good game, I think, I think to God in one yet they did. They did lose their halfback earlier. But I don't think Sam. I don't think Sam will have made the difference here. They looked they looked tired, they looked behind the pace. And what I like about Paramount, about paramount and what I say about every week, I see consistency. I see in defense a consistent pattern, and I see in attack a consistent pattern. We saw it together and and I pointed out to you the triple blocks with the leads. Okay, no team does triple blocks and leads and they do it left and right, so they to go forward. They move the ball like Jason's a new school coach. Yeah, so there's no need to get your forwards. You've got them, and just bashed through three like like what's the what's a voithy like like a mule or like like a mule, bash three up and if you can do that, Camera does that and it works for Ricky and he works for them and it softens the middle. But in theory, it's the hard way of doing that going three up the middle and then giving it to your half back. But when you're moving the ball, you're changing the defense. You're you're either making the spaces wider or you're making them come in. So in the in structure, you're doing what you need to do in the defense. So because remember the the thing is tackle four, so the shot is on four or on three or on five, So all the tackles build up to one shot. Now, when you get like Pendriff, you have you can build up to two shots. But most teams, your whole set builds up to one shot, so they move the ball around for that shot. If you notice Moses stands on C's so Moses is not the first receiver. Moses is the third receiver because the shots, the shots are there. So I'm getting too technical, but I like what I'm seeing. I'm saying I'm seeing consistency. And Nick pointed it out when in his message, I saw he saw, I saw light speed, I saw up and in oven up and in sorry I got it wrong. I saw rush defense going back and just rushing up, and only half the comp does that. So I like what I'm seeing. I'm really enjoying the future. Greek immortal, the Longing, he's looking good. Pally two when when Adie went to Cyprus, his pictures are all up on the main main drag there.
Speaker 4: He's the hero. He's the hero hero because.
Speaker 1: George.
Speaker 5: I love how he's Greek, like when They'repriot. Yeah, I don't know, I actually said. I was like, I was like, I can't put myself in the mindset of a Roosters fan, but I do love TWEA obviously amazing.
Speaker 6: There's a lot of hype.
Speaker 5: Around Junior too.
Speaker 6: I think they really missed the big guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, absolutely, Well that's that's that's that's their go to when nothing else works, we put the ball up for Zach or we put the ball up for two.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So so that is in this modern day, this modern day, that's an option. So when a half bag takes a ball to the line, or a fly bay takes the board to the line, he's got X amount of options and it might be his first option, he might be his last option. But that's what's one thing he's got up his sleeve, you know what I mean? So are we going short? Now? We're going to go a longer, go out the back to Reeson and I guess what I'm going to go. I'm going to tip it to So you know, he's got to have options when you look for that shot, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: So Eels next year, which Dylan Sorry, which Dylan is leaving the Eels?
Speaker 1: Dylan Brown? Brown?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Is he going to the Eagles?
Speaker 1: No? No, He's going to the Knights Nights for ten years on twenty million dollars this season. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I like Dylan Brown, I know I like it.
Speaker 1: Everyone likes him. No, No, No, This issue is on is he Is he a good player? Yes? Not? Do we like him as a human yes, We're we're saying is he a marquee for how much one point four point three one point three yeah. Yeah, so that's that's what we could well, that's what we're questioning. And then and then and then the other caveat is the ten years.
Speaker 10: Seven six or seven ten years, Yeah, because he'll be one of the oldest players.
Speaker 5: By that end.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't think he's too old now, but you probably would be. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think it's twenty four, so probably thirty four, I.
Speaker 1: Think I think Kaylen, Yeah, I think Kaylen is asking for more because he's got to be the highest paid player on the team. So there's something going on background. But it's going to be next year, and I hope, I hope, I hope that he comes back and these two work together because Kaylan on the sideline, I don't like I want to I want to watch Kaylene tear up teams. And I have the rumor that I'm hearing about the three sixty isn't true about him signing letters of letters.
Speaker 4: Of sent already?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Joi Gray apparently him Ponga and what's the wing of you had and went to Paramatta Lomax the Max apparently signed the letters of content. He came out and said that he didn't. Yeah, but apparently he still signed it. He signed, he can't go anywhere. He has to go back to the club and ask for a release. So really they all can't go anywhere. But when you go up, when you go to to the CEO and say, well, I'm getting two million dollars, well, the CEO can be an ass and say no, you're not going anywhere. But the chances are he'll say okay, well, okay, chances are, I don't know, chances are. But anyway, this game, Paramatta were really good and Rusters just couldn't keep up, keep the rage up. And they've put themselves in a bit of bother in terms of the eight because they've got other teams breathing down their necks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly. And Sunday to kick off Sunday we had the Night twelve the Broncos forty six Broncos still playing for a top four position. The only issue the Broncos faced in that game was it was a daylight game, and it's usually the time they had their afternoon naps. Was playing at nights. They managed to stay up and play the game and.
Speaker 1: Say they also actually had they were jet legged as well. Yeah, I never lived Queensland because what they still at the job done.
Speaker 6: They talk to me, you know, the team, the opposition team is bad.
Speaker 5: If Ricky scored, I love, he's a great player. I love he just put Jensen and every now and again, I think, I love like this. This is a good team. If Mariners scored KARAPANI scored like I Shibasaki, Oh my god, amazing.
Speaker 1: I just it.
Speaker 5: It was a really good team.
Speaker 6: I have a soft spot for the Nights because of Dan Game.
Speaker 1: Guy they played. He actually the only one probably played actually half decentish.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like, you know, I like best.
Speaker 5: I just I thought, you know, I thought they'd probably have a bit more of a go the Nights because now and again they kind of pop up with a bit of a fight.
Speaker 6: But it kind of gets boring when it's.
Speaker 4: A bit of a spanking, you know, in the fourteen sixth at half time. Not bad for a half.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, but no, it was. It was a nice team. It was probably because obviously I wasn't on last week. I actually wanted Meg will kill me when I wanted the Dolphins to win last last week when they played the Broncos, I knew Broncos run home, like you know, they were going to play the Knights like they depending on how they go with Melbourne, they're playing cowboys. But yeah, like, I think that was very stressful watching the Broncos Dolphins game for multiple reasons, but this one was it was nice and and cruisy and while she you know, scrammed two meters and everyone screamed for him like there is a whole other team around him. I think that needs a bit of credit. Yeah, I'm missing Reynolds and man and and Corbo. So yeah, but and I want Delawise to like how to to get out? That's just got too many good.
Speaker 1: Players, got too many good players, that's the that's the problemly got too many toys in their clud I'm going to be really quickly Newcastle Knights or disgraceful and and that's and that's saying that nicely all that bad. Uh And then yeah I would sack O'Brien now uh And now let me let me say this. He's going to coach on next year and I hope he gets he clicks it. But on that performance, Okay, if you want to say, Daisy.
Speaker 4: George, I's got twelve points dragons in him score zero. So he did say that different scenario doesn't matter. It's a different scenario because we've seen glimpses.
Speaker 1: We're saying it's okay because I beat all they nearly all the top four teams. Okay, now Broncos they had a training run basically, but I still do like Rewash being first receiver, shooting blinds and and and people sweeping with him like uh Stags or Shivasaki.
Speaker 4: Or paint hast.
Speaker 1: Running.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: From all these stars they've They've got the most important player by far is pain Hunts because what what he does to the line before or the run, and then after the run, the line is in keep on saying the line is in shock. And then Rees walks up and he sees holes everywhere, and it's like you know a kid with with when you give him a loll LOLLI bag his eyes like because which hole show I punch? You know what I mean? And just because of paint HUSS's run, it's it's amazing. They were very, very very good, but they basically beat a reserve great team. They did. They did forty forty six. Let's have a look. You know what worries me? I think it worries me about the Broncos. I think what worries about the Broncos. They're gonna they're gonna win this week again. They're going to flog the Dolphins, and they're going to go who they're playing the last week some level, and they're going to flog them. Okay, they're going to go they're going to make top four and they're going to go and play Canberra in Canberra and they're gonna have to cycle and they're gonna have to grind. When's the last time when they cycled? When they signed they happened whenever they grinded, they haven't grinded. So what happens when they're when they're in a washing machine for forty five minutes and reads thinks, ship, I better do something now because you know what it's for for Neil okay, and I better be a super start. And he loses the ball in his twenty on his twenty and Canberra gets the ball or kind of get the ball, or can get the ball and put them away. That's what worries me. So all these all these easy games are not doing them a favor in my opinion. Mind you, they've got one of the best coaches and I've seen. I've seen improvement and I've seen development, min Am. The issue is that they haven't. They haven't got into cycle.
Speaker 6: Well she well, she needs to.
Speaker 5: Like when he's just in his state of flow and he is not thinking and he is just doing brilliant, absolutely brilliant. The minute he starts to overthink, yes, yes, it's his failure. Like they've got really good players in that team that have the decent experience, right, you know who someone I haven't really seen much of, Like obviously I've seen him, but Karakeen hasn't really been doing much.
Speaker 1: He's he's been off this year yet he's just he's not.
Speaker 5: Very But I think team this is a good good team if obviously Reynolds is going this week, but there's nothing wrong with the team that played like we could just keep them and we could just run it to the end.
Speaker 1: Okay, So this is this is, this is and I've told I this is fifteen minutes of Bronco football in a game or every game enough to win a comp. Yes, if they play fifteen minutes of Bronco style football and the other team lets them play fifteen minutes. In other words, if they break a grind for fifteen minutes. It's enough to put a team away by gone, but they're going to have to play Bronco football. The other words are going to have to break a grind.
Speaker 5: I think it's good that they've you know, the best thing about Broncos is they've really learned to adapt this year, Like they've they've had key players out pretty much every round and they've adapted. You know, like we're missing Reynold's face, but looking at that team, I don't miss Reynolds.
Speaker 4: There actually better.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is one of the best you know, you would they haven't even skipped a beat, right, that's probably the best thing that they've learned.
Speaker 6: Whatever Max's doing up there, he's doing very well.
Speaker 5: But I did feel for the Nights like that's that's rough going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well they chug along, idea, they flogged the Knights. I'm not going to talk too much about Nights because I see what I thought about Knights, and they're gonna they're gonna make the I just got this gut feeling probably going.
Speaker 4: To be in before Warriors have got a good run, so they could they have to drop points. They've got to rely on the Warriors to lose.
Speaker 1: So they've got two easy games.
Speaker 4: All the Warriors have got PARAMOUNTA this week and next week I think they've got another easy games.
Speaker 1: Won't be easy.
Speaker 4: I'm actually tipping the Heels. But anyway, Following that, the final game of the round was the Tigers twenty eight the Cowboys thirty four made against mate Peyton verse Benji. These two guys won a Grand final against Peyton's team two and five twenty years ago, and now they're coaching against each other in a packed out like hard crowd. It was a little fantastic on TV. The crowd looked amazing. But Dewey getting Dewey injured early in the game, that was terrific. A practiced skull or something. It was a pretty bad injury, isn't it. He's out for the rest of the season now. But yeah, losing him was a bit of a loss for the Tigers. But yeah, they Cowboys just kept coming on. Mate. They've got a bit of life in May. The last couple of games, the Cowboys have sprung the life before.
Speaker 1: Before we get into this game, team, did you see the pictures of low Cardoval?
Speaker 4: Like Cardoval the crowd? Did you see the game?
Speaker 6: I saw the first half.
Speaker 1: So you saw, you saw the pictures, you saw the stadium. You've never gone to low Cardoval.
Speaker 4: I've never gone like, no, no, I know, I've got to be serious. I've never gone to like card Oble.
Speaker 1: Kidding, table town and like Campbelltown is, but like, you've got to come down. Okay. It's one thing going to suncor and it's great going to Paramatter, But when you go to an old fashioned like hard Over, which is in a city, okay, I'm sure you know it's in the city, okay, and you go into the hill, don't go into the stands, go onto the hill with the pundits, okay, and you you you he noises and you smell smells and it's just very very very Rugby league.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 1: Tigers Tigers, Tigers. Yeah, You've got to come over. And that's an experience. It's an experience that one. And I can't believe you haven't gone to. I'm gonna sorry, I'm taking you to like next year, next year, first game they're playing. I'm taking you to like card Oble. I didn't realize I've never been sorry to I.
Speaker 5: Would have been to like her like because when we were younger, we lived in Newcastle and Dad used to contract because he worked in the raft, but he'd also either cook for the offit the corporals and stuff when they'd go to the games in the boxes. And I because it was in Newcastle, we traveled as Sydney and Canberra. So from the ages of what Panos's age to the ages of like, you know, Manny's age, I would have been to all those because that's my first memory of, you know, watching footing in New South Wales. I probably have been, but I remember, but.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean I think I watched.
Speaker 5: I think I watched yeah, half of this because I was actually watching the girls play too. I was trying to watch it in tandem because the Tigers girls and Cowboys girls played at the same time.
Speaker 6: Good game, but I kind of wanted the Tigers still.
Speaker 1: Win, did you Yeah, okay, yeah, I didn't care. I just it was just great. It was just a great a sensational game. Was it was look, defense was not the first thought and it was an extremely, extremely exciting game. Jerome his best game in a in Black and Orange Jersey by far by far. Tell you what terror mate is going to be a good bye for him in long term he's a good bye this year. He's been their best good bye this year. Yeah, Buller just keeps on improving. He's good in blue and white.
Speaker 5: One.
Speaker 4: Which did you say? Romeo? Thailand? Which one the center of Sorry Thailand? Sorry Tailan the center? Sorry sorry sorry do a big, big loss, but you know what, massive loss. But he's been playing so well.
Speaker 1: But they brought a fan what's your name? And he looked pretty good good. It was pretty good. I really, really really he had me on the edge of my seat. I really enjoyed the game. I thought Tigers when they was twelve twelve, I thought I was going to win this game. But Scottie drink Water just all out of his side.
Speaker 4: Those last three tries and kicks from the sideline, from the sideline, he didn't kick any of those.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm gonna I'm going to say the win. Canby's got a young nineteen year old player. He's supposed to be the best things. He sliced bread. So Jackson Perdue must be a future.
Speaker 4: He was strange.
Speaker 1: Even strangers we get strange. Perdue must be.
Speaker 4: In a mortal well. Gall Galvin's apparently better than Cleary because it wasn't good the Panthers. When was that's that's right, So he was he was, he was outstanding, very good. And you know what, I'm want to ask one question, where the fund was this all him from the Cowboys? If they played like this, half you, not fully half like half of you like this, they might actually be near the eight or in the eight now. But so so if I if I was a Cowboy supporter, I'll be bitterly disappointed, you know what I mean. Playing But there's a lot of promise, a lot of young kids, like you said, and if you others got the list, you think, why are they?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I wonder if they're so there. Well, the CEO stepping down Cowboys this year, and I wonder if they've started integrating the new one, because there was a noticeable shift in the Cowboys right usually usually with I don't know how it works in the narrel, but usually quite senior roles like that. Because he announced, I think six months or three months ago that he was stepping down this year, it's smart to bring the next one through to start doing a bit of that crossover.
Speaker 6: I had that thought. I wondered if the new one maybe.
Speaker 4: Might be cracking around, Maybe maybe read money's going to make a difference section.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely is going to if they've.
Speaker 4: Integrated now you can see that's probably why they're one or one reason.
Speaker 5: Everyone's like, you're going to apply for that role?
Speaker 1: Why not Jason Jason Tamalolo has made such a difference him. Yeah, he's great. He has two stints because he's he's older now he has he does fifteen twenty minutes at the start, absolutely rips it apart. They hold him off and being hi in the last twenty minutes and you see a shift and and and the comeback came when he came back on because they're going forward, you know what I mean. He really carries that team forward and all the backs and the backs can do their their thing. You know, did and did and my god, didn't you know what if there was if there was a if there was a fight, he might not win. But tell you what, didn't will never ever ever give up. I love Tommy, didn't I love Tommy Diddon And you know what, it was just a really taining game. I thought that I thought the try of the year was Quants when he kicked it and regained the half out.
Speaker 4: But Tiger scored the Tigers tried and it was like Benji.
Speaker 1: Which I think is the tribe of the year so far, and here here how the crowd responded to every every thing that these Tigers are did. It was it was like I said, the pictures came through the TV and it just I just couldn't leave it. And it was like blow blow for blow. Different different to the Camberg Camberra Penriff game because it was more physical, but this as an attacking game, as an entertaining game, was extremely entertaining. I didn't want to end, and how it ended was amazing. I'm thinking, you know, if I was, if I was a player, I would have thought walking off, if I was sorry, the Tigers player would have been walking off.
Speaker 4: What just happened seconds ago?
Speaker 1: What just happened. So yeah, look, good victory, great game. I want more of these games to finish the season off. This is exactly what I want from the teament I have this. These are the games I want to see. The teams are outside the eight, these are the topic games I want to see. Just just tax City attack City.
Speaker 4: It's a shame because if they won that game, the Tigers they finished on twenty, they would have been on twenty sixth, they're still mathematic had a chance playing top eight. So to be two weeks out from the end of the season and to be in the fringes of the top eight to last year winning three wooden spoons, big improvements. So hopefully next year they get the one step closer and make the eighth.
Speaker 2: They're on the.
Speaker 4: Fringes of the eight, so it's it's a tick. They've improved, the improved, they've improved, and they've had a lot of shit happened this year with government stuff, so they've had a.
Speaker 1: Lot of shit. So they they're getting a few extra, few extra players next year, color Peace Paul, which will make a difference. I'm a fan of Cold Piece Paul. And it's another year, another off season for the youngsters. And I want to say it again, underneath stacked. Yeah, it's ridiculously, ridiculously how stacked they are. Yeah, ridiculously how stacked they are. And Saint George and the world is even more stacked. And Parameters it's stacked even more apparently, So just give it time and and the gerone thing. Look, we don't know what happens off the field. He must he must be some sort of you know, guide some sort of yachts for the youngsters coming through in terms of professionalism. Yeah, on field, Nick's right, he hasn't. He hasn't. You know, the one point two million probably hasn't lived to his paid paycheck check. But we don't know what what's happened off the field.
Speaker 4: We have no idea.
Speaker 5: But could you say that everyone is living to their paycheck completely?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, a lot of them. Look at Ponger, well no, Ponger hasn't for the last three four years more than he hasn't made played more than fifteen games and he and.
Speaker 1: He's the highest paid player in the game.
Speaker 4: So no, Look at Turbo. Look at a lot of players. I mean the last three years.
Speaker 1: Had Tampa no, so no, a lot of players. So when you get to that top of money, it's a very fine line. And you know only that you're putting, as peopleould say, you're putting a target on your back. Everybody's expecting you to deliver every week. Now, if you go home and there's an issue at home and you come to training and your brain's not there, well that's how you perform. So it's more than just I'm playing or I'm playing with injury because all of them playing with injury. Every player is playing with injury. You know what I love At the start of the year, I can't remember who was maybe DC. He goes, Yeah, we have a preseason. We play the first troll match and you're really you feel strong. Then your body starts thirty after the first troll match. You think you're going to get better. Then you start getting better in the off season again, so you hurt or yeah, you hurt all yeah, you know what I mean. Yeah, so you know you're paying you're getting paid that much. But again, there's a lot of little there's not one thing, one stop shop. There's a lot of things involved in getting a player to play at his best every week, you know, I mean it's not easy. Yeah, sorry, And I know.
Speaker 6: Adie you've got it.
Speaker 5: Who's definitely out mathematically obviously Titans.
Speaker 4: Anyone. Let's have a look. We're going to I was going to go through that. Actually I was going to finish off now sharks. Sharks have the buy and that finishes off the round Sharks the soft runs. But we'll go through actually the ladder now so we can see who's actually got in and no one used to make some predictions. So let's look at the top four. That's I don't think that's going to change much because you've got the Raiders on forty two. Then you've got the Storm on forty So if the Raiders win this week, it's done deal. They finish first unless they lose two games in a row and in the Storm. Okay, so the Raiders are on first, Storm second. Now there's a four point gap between the Storm and the Bulldogs, so that top two is sorted right. Then you've got the Bulldogs on thirty six and you've got the Warriors on thirty four. Okay, Bulldogs are playing a week Penrith, so if they win this they've sewn up third spot. That's the top three. So that's your top three. So that's don't sealed unless Penrith beat them. I doubt then it opens up at the door because then you've got the Warriors on thirty four and if the Broncos win on thirty four, so there's going to be three teams. There are two teams on thirty four and the Dogs thirty six. So the Dogs, if they lose again, I think they're fouring against two good So I don't think the Warriors can overtake them, but the Broncos have They've got a chance. The Bronco has overtaken them in the third. But do you think fourth spot is a given at the Warriors now on thirty four, or do you think the Sharks all the all the Broncos will take that spot. They're only to be honest, both teams are shot.
Speaker 1: I would favor the Broncos. They're playing the Cowboys. They're playing the Cowboys in the in the in the peak and the pig in the pig pen up there and I'll probably win. And I'm not sure who they're playing the last the last game.
Speaker 4: The Warriors have got Eels and manly they're not playing top eight. That's why they just have to win those two games and they've sewn up fourth.
Speaker 5: But the Els, the Eels, I don't know.
Speaker 6: I know they're playing at home, but.
Speaker 4: Big game, this one.
Speaker 5: Is just to be pure Devil's advocate. If I went Panthers, Eels, Storm Raiders, Eagles, Broncos, just procurely what I think. Sharks, Dolphins, You've got doggies is fine. Broncos fourth and Warriors down to six.
Speaker 6: Now, Warriors are.
Speaker 5: A very injured team right, and this time of year is very interesting because even though we look at the Panthers teamless, because George and Manny and I were looking at it before, obviously he's resting, resting his guys. But I don't know, Like Cleary's clear, not ivan. He is not a silly man. He's been in premierships before and that's what it says now. But yeah, it's only Tuesday, right, you don't know. I don't know. I couldn't predict it. I feel I feel like I feel like Broncos will get into the foe. Not from an emotional perspective. I just think looking at their run, they will. But it's an interesting It's going to be quite interesting because if that plays out that way, there'll be a couple Dolphins races, Eagles all beyond twenty eight if it plays.
Speaker 6: Out the way that I said.
Speaker 1: Can I suggest to you, if the Broncos do come forth, and the chances are that they will come forth, okay, then doing themselves this service service and I'll tell you why They're going to go to Canberra, Okay on probably Friday night or a Sunday. I think I think the big games on a Sunday, the games on a Sunday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but George, if what what what what?
Speaker 1: And the the camera forwards are going to roll, they're going to be busted up. They're not going to be they're not gonna sorry, they're not going to be camera in camera.
Speaker 4: They're not gonna If they don't be camera, they either play the Roosters possibly or the Panthers. Panthers can play the Broncos, or the Roosters can play the Broncos. So you've got Robbo and Cleary team led teams playing against the Broncos. So it's not easy, it's not. Their best position is to come maybe third if they can get the third, which they won't because they've got to rely on canterb.
Speaker 1: They can't come to I just think that the number the fourth position is probably this year probably, you know, like anyway you've got a second chance. Anyway you get a second chance. Yeah, I think that's probably the worst position the rest of them. Yeah, look, sharks, they think they're going to make the top four. I listen to some shark pods because I just like having a giggle. But they won't make them. They won't make the top four. No, they won't make the top four because cannib will beat them the last round. The Roosters will just scrape in, just.
Speaker 5: Scrape if we can be storm because we're playing them at home next week, not this round. And I imagine Bellamy will rests. Yeah, he'll rest the more and the rest of the round goes the way that I read it before, we'll be we'll be that, we'll stand fourth, but if we lose.
Speaker 6: We'll go to sixth.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well either way, this is this is the year that someone might when from outside the Yeah, but go ahead, So I say Warriors fourth.
Speaker 4: Yep, so so and then you've got okay, so.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Broncos fourth. So Warriors will come.
Speaker 4: Fifth, okay, and then you've got Sharks will probably get the sixth, right probably.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Now Panther are a lock, right because they're on thirty one points and there's two more rounds to go. Now, ninth position is the Dolphins and the Eagles. So the maximum they get his thirty if they win the next two. So they can't catch Penrith. The only team they can overtake is with the Roosters. Now the Roosters have got Melbourne and then South's oh the local derby, the local derby. That's the only one, right, So Dolphins and Manly they lose one game, Roosters are in Who's Who's whose? Dolphins playing this week? The Dolphins have got the Titans Titans. Tell you what if they see that Manly game? What how what an impact that had if they beat.
Speaker 1: That's what I said. Yeah, that Manley game is massive. If they beat the Titans this week, oh man, they're in for a they're in for a shower.
Speaker 4: Well, they're in. They're in eighth. If Roosters lose to Melbourne, which everyone's going to predict, Dolphins will overtake them because everyone against is better than the Roosters, but only justs.
Speaker 5: Dolphins are playing at sun Court, which is their heart, their home too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, it will be a great story for Dolphins to make the eight for the first time. It would be great for Christian Wolf to do what he's done with twelve players out or something like something like the eight players out.
Speaker 4: Their last game is no Raiders.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, well, at least at least at least.
Speaker 4: They might be the Titans, but they're playing the team come on last and then the team coming first. Ko Stadium, Redcliffe. They're playing, they're playing the Sea World.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe maybe maybe they might you know maybe.
Speaker 5: If I'm sure, rest some of these guys.
Speaker 1: He's gonna he's gonna have to rest some. No, he's not gonna play everybody. He's gonna have to rest.
Speaker 5: Some might come in and you know, some people up.
Speaker 1: You know what when this Dolphins, if this Dolphin team starts screwing, you can't shut them off.
Speaker 5: Mm hm.
Speaker 4: So if the Storm, if the Raiders win this week and the Storm win, Uh, the Raiders still have to win their last game to get for minor premiership because they're only two in front and the Storms fore and against is better than the Raiders. All they have. All the Storm have to do is catch the same points as the Raiders. Wow, So the Raiders still have to win. If the Storm news this week and the Raiders win, and Ricky probably will rest, You'll say we've got the minor premiership wrapped up. But if they've got one one game to go to wrap up minor premiership, what would he rest when you didn't get the minor premiership.
Speaker 1: It's still intriguing, isn't it?
Speaker 3: It is?
Speaker 1: It's still intriguing.
Speaker 5: Hands down to get the spoon.
Speaker 6: There is no way.
Speaker 4: It's a shame.
Speaker 5: It is such a shame because.
Speaker 1: They Don't's far far worse than the Titans in my view, in my view, but anyway, damn shame. And you know, not only the Titans. They deserve it. That he doesn't deserve it.
Speaker 4: I don't think the club deserves it.
Speaker 1: But anyway, Yeah, anyway, you know, I've got a for the Fins and anyway, so.
Speaker 4: Next week we should have a very closer idea on who next week. Next week and we can handlsee it a bit first sure, next week we'll know that's for sure. Let's go to crystal ball. Now for the next round. We start off the round on Thursday night. We've got the Bulldogs up against the Panthers. The Panthers reserve grade team taking on the Panthers triple reserve grade Teason Bulldogs now the reserve Panthers now they're taking the reserve reserve Panthers now. So we've got Hayes and kickout are both out for the Dogs and for Panthers. We've only got a couple of out. We've got Tallagi or McLean Edwards y Henry Martin Smith, Kenny, Leota, Cleary, Sorenson and Jenkins just a few players out. He has gone absolutely crazy, like everyone is literally off the field. So I dare say we're all tipping the Bulldogs.
Speaker 1: I know I'm actually enjoying. Actually can't wait to see Paul Lamy play. I think he's I think he should be in the first team. Personally, Dan Lorrie, you mentioned fallback. He's always he's always good value. Now McLean's brother Jesse is playing on the wing. This kid is just as good as just as good. He's just a bit younger than his than his brother. So have a have a look at McLean and you know what, you know when it's you know, when they can't find pictures to put up on the side, you know that you know that they're in trouble or I don't know who these players are, but Mark Guy will have a good look at Mark Guy's young.
Speaker 4: Man guy who signed for the Tigers. Yeah, which he's going over to the Tigers. Man Guy, George is only Luke going to Castleford next year. He's a great player, don't George can ask your question what happened? Just say, hypothetically, if the book Dogs lose this game. Mentally, how do you reckon that would go going into the finals losing to a reserve grade penalty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'll be number one, will be a shock. It'll be devastating mentally if they lose. If they lose, it doesn't matter if they win by one point or one hundred points. If they actually lose, put a red line through them. Put them because mentally everything that serto does.
Speaker 4: That mean there's pressure on them now because they're facing this team, you reckon, that adds a bit of pressure.
Speaker 1: We've got to win this because if they play even close to their best, they.
Speaker 4: Should they should plus absolutely.
Speaker 1: Okay, if they lose, that means they've done roosters from last week. Okay, now we can excuse them cause they're all young. They're all young kids. Okay, but Serroudo has built this team apparently on blood and guts. And you've got the Hall of Fame, Wogs of the Dogs of War whatever, sorry, the Warks, dogs of War. And yeah, Gallan probably won't because he's injured. I hope, I hope he doesn't blame if he's injured.
Speaker 5: Injured.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's got his hands, he's broken some bay, I don't know I'm with you. I'm with you all the way and with you know. You know what, let's not blame the kid. Let's blame some.
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe it's good to put him in this game to give him confidence. Let him have a blinder against the reserve Henry so he can get.
Speaker 5: His hopes up and he's you can remember these guys, these guys are playing, they're they're hungry and they want to make an impression.
Speaker 1: Yes, absolutely absolutely, that's.
Speaker 5: Why I don't know.
Speaker 6: I just clear is very clever.
Speaker 1: Cole a Schneider Cole in the halfs No youngsters young the first grader in other clubs on the wing, not a youngster. What do you see young McLean Justine McClain. He's a good he's a good player like his brother. His brothers got to jump on him. That's all there savely one year difference in age, Laurie. Isn't no charmp okay in these in these four these forwards have been killed in reserve grade. So look, in theory they should get beaten. How much they're going to get beaten. Yeah, that's all.
Speaker 4: But give me the give me the dogs dogs, yeah, tenure panthers.
Speaker 5: I think because we did sixteen year old score goal world stage.
Speaker 1: On on on sports bit they're eight dollars. I know. Okay, there you go.
Speaker 4: Friday night we kick off with the Warriors up against the Eels. Both teams same, seventeen Warriors of one, only two of the last six at go Media Stadium. It's a bad stadium for them. And the Eels have won five of the last six against Warriors. The Eels have got the wood on the Warriors. Warriors playing for four top four Eels.
Speaker 1: I think it'll be a boilover, I think will.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what, we're all leading towards Eels. We haven't got much faith in the Warriors, have we, And this is the top four playing against the bottom and whatever.
Speaker 1: Look I think they're they're on. They're empty, on the on the in the tank, in the petrol tank, they're empty. I think they're empty. It's been a big gift from Yeah. The number one front roller is gone, the number one half back is gone, and I know the fish is there and he's got a lift because he hasn't really talking about making his pay packet. He is number one, hasn't met his pay packet. But uh, you know what this Paramatta team.
Speaker 4: I love the structures, all right, So what happens now? I'm going to do the hypothetically again, what happens if the Warriors wiped Paramattic? Does that all of a sudden, say, I hang on a second, Warriors might actually do something in the finals.
Speaker 1: No, because we don't know what what the Paramat team is coming because he is there, one work in, one worker. If he if they wipe them, they're staying the floor. And that's that's good, that's great, that's fantastic.
Speaker 5: John russells in for the Els.
Speaker 1: They put him back in.
Speaker 4: M Okay, well that I think it's a good player.
Speaker 7: Sure?
Speaker 4: Really is he listed on the starting line up or is it just a reserve? I think she thought it was the same seventeen Yeah. I think Sean Russell is a good player. And I haven't got him here too. Maybe he's just I think he's back in, but he's not listed in there, you know what, he's on the extended extended. Yeah, I don't think he's starting.
Speaker 1: He's extended.
Speaker 5: The Eels have just gotten a bit of a cheeky teaste recently, maybe probably gets a bit addictive, right, and that the Warriors love them, and I know they're playing at home even if it's not raining, But I just I think the Eels are just.
Speaker 6: They're in a bit of a run.
Speaker 4: Warriors are playing a harder team than the depleted Dragons and a weakened Titans team. You know they're playing. This is a tougher team than those two teams brief previously, which they beat before they beat those two week teams are struggling hard. So yeah, I agree with you guys. I think we're all going to earls. We're all agreeing with agreeing, except for Penrith. A kickoff Saturday, cracker of a game is a kickoff Saturday. No, it's Friday night. We've got the Storm up against the Roosters. Craig Bellamy's fourth, the fourth coach to reach six hundred NRL games. Storm won the last seven against the Roosters and Roosters have lost five of the last six at double am, I listen to this. Katoa Elis katoa, Grant King, Meanie Kimikameka and Coats are out. Sean Bloer, Bronson Garlic plus a few other youngsters are in Warbrick's been named on reserves for the roosters. We've got Sam Walker and Junior Tupo out put poo out, but their replacements are pretty handy in Sandon Smith and Daniel Tupo with all the with that lineup now with Melbourne, it's got me thinking roosters might be able to get an upset here, what's your thoughts? But it's six hundred bloody game for Bellamy, so the storm will lift for that.
Speaker 1: So boilover.
Speaker 4: Sorry still storm. Yeah, I got a boil over. I got.
Speaker 1: When Robot wants something, he gets.
Speaker 5: You got.
Speaker 6: You got pat back in. He was back in last week.
Speaker 1: He was outstanding, actually.
Speaker 5: Amazing and Chance something but is it sev sev?
Speaker 4: Yeah, goggles with the goggles, you know that's that story.
Speaker 5: No Chance is playing but the like yeah, as in.
Speaker 4: Solomons in t can you can you because people some people want not know?
Speaker 1: Can you? Can you tell everybody the story? Because not only the goggles, he being cancer as well. So oh wow, so the full story for.
Speaker 5: He got injured at the beginning of what was that? George wasn't years ago?
Speaker 4: Oh wow?
Speaker 1: Did that?
Speaker 4: Jeeze?
Speaker 5: That's why he's got that and he and the probably it's been a while since he's like, actually, no, it was this year he suffered the other year probably three months ago. Yeah, he's playing for the Feeder Club. What's it called the Sydney Bears.
Speaker 4: Shine.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so he like and that was the first time he was back what two weeks ago, and he scored a try.
Speaker 6: I just that's I just think that's so great. That is so scary for that to happen, and he's just back in and getting on with it.
Speaker 1: He was totally couldn't play.
Speaker 4: Wow man.
Speaker 1: And and before that he had had cancer as well.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: So yeah, but hasn't re signed resigned the mixture, so I don't know who's going to pick him up. But well, he had.
Speaker 5: Testicular cancer and he did a c L then did his I.
Speaker 4: Anyway, boylover, give me the give me the riddles, the trucks. Oh man, I'm tossing a coin here. This six hundred milestone game, Monster. I think Robber is going to break the duck. He's going to finally get a winner over the Storm. And that's only because of the lineup, because of missing. The big loss for me is Katowa Alsa is a gun back rower. I love that guy. He brings them alive. Like, if anyone does a hit to bring them back in, it's always him and you're going to miss him a lot. And Coats the winger.
Speaker 5: You don't have to kick low for Coats.
Speaker 4: MENI Max King whatever, whatever, Josh King whatever, he's pretty good too. Yeah. I'm taking the Roosters. They need to play for top four. If they win this more secures them. I think Raiders up against the Tigers another Grand Final replay for the Tiger last year. That last week they played the Cowboys. This week they're playing the Raiders. Remember that Grand Final Raiders was the Tigers. That was an absolute cracker game of the century. Raiders won nine of the last ten. Josh Papa Will plays one hundred and fiftieth game at Gio Stadium. Savage has gone for the season shoulder injury, but they bring in to Malay Sevilio and Dewey is out. Stafford Towery's back.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Thirteen plus thirteen plus.
Speaker 4: Camp Raiders, Raiders Rads seven. Okay. After that, we've got the Dragons versus the Seagules at Cogra Oval. Jack Debellen's last game as a Dragon at Cogra. Dragons won through the last four at Jubilee Seagulls have not won at Congres since twenty fourteen. That's a stat that's weird because they probably haven't played since two thousand. I don't know. You know that stupid stat that they was put in same seventeen for the Eagles as last week when they scored their fifth the eight. This week we've got for Tala Marina out for the Dragons, but they brought in him, Jack de bell and Jaden Sewer and Sloan, so four of their troops are back and important ones too.
Speaker 6: Dragons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't trust. I don't trust merely they did that. Yeah, they did what they did last week. Let's say Cherry Evans. Yeah, after the performance last week St. Georgia gave, I'm pretty sure they went or Flannagan will not let them give another performance like that. Did you say the Cogra or Cobra. It's at their home. I see S.
Speaker 4: George victory George to wrap up the year. Yeah, I'm hoping I can get to see another St. George victory this year, but I can't. You know what Jack de Bellin's last game. Maybe they left for Jack. I hope they do. But I remember Jason nightingerm my favorite player his last year at Cogra. That was an absolute debarkle. They got flogged thirty eight nil by the Dogs who were coming like second last. It was terrible. So I hope they don't have the same thing for Jack. Cowboys are next up against the bull the Broncos, another Grand final reoplay. These two teams met in a Grand Final. Cowboys are won two against I've only won two against eleven top eight oppositions eleven games against top eight sides in twenty twenty five, so their record against the top eight teams are shit. Broncos are one of the last five games against the Cowboys and Ruben Cotra one hundred in a real game. Ruben love Ruben hair cut the best.
Speaker 1: We love Ruben. We're really big fans of Ruber.
Speaker 4: Same seventeen for the Cows. Adam Reynolds listed in reserves, Pikus on the bench.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, obviously Broncos not emotionally, just it'll be wild like town towns will chopped. Apparently all their correations done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, Unfortunately this week the Broncos will win, and win handsomely. They had, they had their win for the year. The Cowboys they played well and yeah, Broncos will keep chugging along.
Speaker 4: Unlock the grand final. Unlock the Grand Final. The Cowboys haven't got thirst and to kick them a field goal, but Ben Hunt's still there to drop a ball from a kick. They might win.
Speaker 1: They might.
Speaker 4: That's poor poor Benny, Poor Ben Hunt. Okay, Sharks up against the Knights. I'm going for the Broncos for the one. Sharks playing for top four, Knights are playing for the bottom four.
Speaker 1: Then to get out of.
Speaker 4: Sharks have won five of the last six against the Knights. The Knights have not won at Shark Park since twenty and fourteen. What is it with twy cam mckinness out for the Sharks, but they welcome back Carl Irah Big Big in Peru massive massive and Hamelin Yueli starting same seventeen for the Knights. The only thing is they've got Heatherington and Marju but they're not listed. They're in the reserves.
Speaker 1: So really quickly any any as as Nicola would say, any team that's got Jake Arthur in it, I will lose number one and number two. The Knights have been absolutely awful and uh Carnola apparently they're going to make the top four apparently go to I think who are you going to? It's at Shark Parks, is at the prison, at the prison. That's at the prison.
Speaker 4: And to finish off the round, the Dolphins the two Queenslanders Dolphins up against the Titans. Dolphins have won four of the last five against the Titans and Jeremy Marshall King one hundred and fiftieth NURL appearance Titans same seventeen. Codie Nikorema is back and Kenny Bromwich is listed but in the reserves. Bromwich is on the in the reserves.
Speaker 5: Tips Dolphins for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look, Trey Trey Fuller has had to run absolutely outstanding full back thirteen plus actually thirty plus Dolphins, thirteen plus.
Speaker 5: Plus their coach. They probably knew a month ago, but you know it would it would rock them a bit.
Speaker 1: Right probably, Yeah, they knew, but they rock them a bit. Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 4: Imagine how the Dolphins will feel if if the Melbourne get up and the Dolphins know they just have to beat Titans and then in the eight, that's going to add that extra pressure on the may of the game. You know, we beat the Titans, we're eight, we take over the Roosters, So.
Speaker 1: I can't wait. I want the Finns to make the AIP.
Speaker 4: But if the mental reason, yeah, but if the Roosters beat Melbourne, then the Dolphins are thinking, well we're not lose, we're not going to make the eights. Their mindset might change that little bit, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: That might go there. And did I say Rusters is going to I want to think that we go to the Titans, go to the Fins.
Speaker 4: Okay, so we're all going Dolphins, Yeah, Dregon, they'll send this. He hasardaf on a win anyway, we'll see HOPEFU think it's a win before he goes Sow's get to buy And we finished that finish off the round. Now did you want me to go through the Super League? Interested in the Super League? What did you want to go through? George?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're two and a half thousand to.
Speaker 4: Go quickly, scoolse Yeah, okay, Leeds twenty eight, Hulkingston Rovers six, Saint Helen's sixteen FC ten.
Speaker 1: But please somebody bring back Tristan Sailor. Please. I beg you when you see him in reserve or on the wing, it's an absolute disgrace, absolute disgrace. And the other game you said Leeds beat the team coming for flogged the team coming first. Brad Arthur, come home. Please, you're not You're not a coach for England. You're an no real coach on.
Speaker 4: Sorry, Lee Leopard's thirty eight South Devils six, Catalan Dragons thirty eight. Oh Lee Leopards, ugliest jers in the world. Yeah, Catalan Dragons thirty exactly what POD's team? Catalan Dragons thirty eight Castleford Tigers four Hardersfield Giants twenty three Warrington Wolves, Big Sam's team. We always have to say that too. Wolves. Just a reminder, run ten, Wigan Warriors, forty four Wakefield Trinity two and the latter is whole. K are On thirty eight, thirty four Wigan Saint Helen's thirty two with Leeds Rhinos. So the top four was rounding out brilliantly.
Speaker 1: Sam. Sam is learning the lesson. He's obviously lost the dressing room. He's sacking players. It's good for him. It's good for him because let him learn over there what to do and what not to do, and when he comes here he'll be he'll be a finished product. But he's getting rid of the mad Italian. He's getting rid of Dufty Dufty, He's getting rid of a whole hoop of them. I don't know why. I'm not sure what's happening over there, but how they're playing. He's lost the dressing room. Not sure.
Speaker 4: Question, George, yea. If someone said to you he is a twenty four year old Sam Burgers and he's a twenty four year old payehss, who would you take? Who'd you rather? His two favorite players?
Speaker 1: Who would you?
Speaker 4: Who would you take?
Speaker 1: Dan?
Speaker 4: You, Sam Burgers or huss.
Speaker 1: Of course, yeah, I'll take Sam, I'll take I'll take I'll take the wrecking machine. We forget what Sam did.
Speaker 4: Man, if you got both be in heaven there you go.
Speaker 1: You couldn't get him in the cap, but you for we forgot what Sammy did. Yeah, let's not forget the first tackle you o prop front roller from Canterbury caved, his caved, he facing and he kept on playing. Now this is this day and age, he would he'll be taken straight off. Yeah, he would have been. He wouldn't be He wouldn't play any any any any got Man of the match or the club Churchill mid or whatever with a cave the guys, the guys that maniac.
Speaker 4: So yeah, and that's anything else you want to add to George Town very quickly.
Speaker 1: And r l W Tenu and me are following basically two teams. We're following the Broncos, which they beat Newcastle Knights forty six sixteen.
Speaker 4: Did you watch a team?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know it's like.
Speaker 5: The first half for every n r l W team, the loser is just smashing them. And you're not sure. I actually really enjoy watching and getting into it and watching the women's team, and it's all it's fairly predictable, right like with women's you know, like in terms of who's scoring, like you know, you know the women that are going to score like every game, but they have a good crack. But god, it's brutal, right, Doggies, Doggy's played a right Broncos.
Speaker 1: We don't follow the Doggies. But let me tell you in terms of that game, to Meka up to god, brilliant, what do I say? I can't I can't express how how good Tamika up in these And it's not like girls are learning now to catch and pass. They still don't know how to catch pass and draw, and they don't understand the the situation of the game. Tamika does all those things and more.
Speaker 5: She's just yeah, you know, just but they have a very consistent team like Johnson Robinson upon Melee.
Speaker 6: They all score.
Speaker 4: Roosters Julia Robinson.
Speaker 5: Yeah, bet Surgeres like they are. It's literally the same. They've got a great, great team. It's gonna be even.
Speaker 1: And talking about the Broncos even title, I mean, I mean outrageous, outrageous, how good they are. So they have won and there and there, and they're chugging long. And let me tell you, Newcastle, they played well. I didn't play bad Newcastle. I didn't. They weren't terrible. And and we've heard stories about Jesse South or wanting to go to to the Broncos. And if that happens, because I think, did you do you know why she wants to go? Rumors are that Ali Brigganshaw, they're either she's either going to retire or they're going to move along. If they can get Jesse South for now, if they get Jesse South on this team, my godfather, my god, my godfather, we don't.
Speaker 5: Need to have a like a run for the girls at all. I think it'd be interesting when we see the Grand final between those two.
Speaker 6: I hope Broncos.
Speaker 1: But we're talking about the Rooster. Sorry tell you the Roosters are and our second our second team with following really is the paramount of Eels. And the Ruster has just absolutely done a hat your job on them, just kept on. They just kept on twelve fifty six hour twelve and look we spoke about this off air. NRL has got to do something. It's not fair. There's there's no cap in the I think in the r W. Oh really, no cap, not really, I think. And when they become professional and two they will, but just stop poiling stock oil in girls or stooiling players. It's just not fair. Everybody wants to everybody wants to play. I want to I'd want to play for Roosters or I'd want to play for for the Broncos as well. Now the rumors that we're hearing about Abby Church or Roosters asking or let's say, inquiring about Abby Church to come over to the Roosters, it's wrong. I'm not saying it's Abby Church wants to go over. All I'm saying is that apparently the Roosters are inquiring if Abby Church wants to come to the Roosters, now, how much more how much more talent do you want? How good do you want to be? Won't you?
Speaker 4: They've got so much underneath, stacked underneath.
Speaker 1: Kids. They can just take somebody, you know, they can they can get take someone out and and and and replace them with an equally good enough player from the Regies. But no, let's go and get Aby Church one of the best fullbacks in the other game. You know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Match if we get so twelve oh man, you know.
Speaker 1: When they make this fire tea and that that that's a true that's the true thing. And the thing is that roosters are asking for Abby. So Abby doesn't say she wants to go to the Roosters, but southwell, she said she wants to go to the Well. She's told her manager she wants to go to the Broncos. Okay, and they forget when when what's her name was playing for the Knights, Tamika Upton double roommates, but she lived Tamika lived in Jesse's house like with her parents and everything. So it's not it's not a passing comment. There's more substance to it. There's very much subs's there's a lot of substance to this one.
Speaker 6: And the thing is too And I can say this because I'm a girl.
Speaker 5: Girls chat more than guys.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, but they'd be on the line every week absolutely, So yeah, and that and that's the I'm not going to get into it because we've been nearly three hours on, which is very strange.
Speaker 4: For us longer in the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so one of but it was good. It was very good. So that that's that, and I've got to I've got I'll wrap up with I've got to do a song. The second time I went to Greece, we know you just came back and came back from Greece. My cousin took me to an island called Kurkfud.
Speaker 2: Is that the right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I was an eighteen year old, nine year old youngster there, had no idea what was happening anyway. So he goes, we'll go and see a gig. Now, at that time, there was a band in Europe working and being popular. Hadn't hit Australia yet, okay, And when I walked in, the gig had already started. I walked into this you know, thousand year old castle with no no no, no roof, for it was just an old castle. It's all standing. Yeah, and the acoustics were great, and I heard a band, a little band called rock Set and a little song called Listen to My Heart.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So the gig had been going on for a while and we actually went to see the greet singer after after some CAZI. I think his name was Anyway two Am, yeah, probably, but that were a support act for this guy, okay, and I was here in English Let's go. And when I when I'm walking into this castle, I heard the start of the song on the keyboard. I'm thinking, this is a great song. And when when when I came back to Australia, they had liwn up the look. She's got the look. So that's when every time I hear that song too, it just brings back memories of again a hot summer.
Speaker 4: They German. They're Swedish Swedish Swedish, so great.
Speaker 1: I'll tack on and make it a four hour part.
Speaker 4: I'll take on.
Speaker 1: At the end of this pod. And that's me because I'm going to be in the bin because I was supposed to make it a one and a half hour party and half.
Speaker 4: Nick's going to put you in the put all of us in the bin. We're in the bin next week from.
Speaker 1: Nick is going to kill us.
Speaker 4: We need your back, Nick, You've got to join us. They're going to get some control here, kill us if it's away. Next week might six hours when we might start mid day to finish. Just nasty man, musty it's mufty week. Run Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's what That's what I call it. Running the finals, running the finals, running the finals. Well, all right, thanks for listening everyone, and I hope you all enjoy this week's rugby lake. I mean no, I'm not because dragons are playing, but anyone to enjoy hopey rugby. Let's say, I know.
Speaker 1: There's something in the wilcome is smile.
Speaker 4: I get a notion from.
Speaker 7: Looking your rightful but the love of follow your little peace, A.
Speaker 4: Chance to.
Speaker 5: Listen to you, you when he's thought it for you, Listen to your a that's nothing, ask him can.
Speaker 9: I don't know where you're going, and I don't know why listen to you all.
Speaker 7: Before you tell him? Sometimes you want that. That's despite his bo ride to the question of moments are all nothing that sad swept to wait, nothing and what speech, SI, I'll belonging him?
Speaker 9: Do your dream? Listen to you when he's fallen for you. Listen you.
Speaker 7: There's nothing answer you can't.
Speaker 1: I don't know why.
Speaker 2: I don't know why.
Speaker 5: The peaceful you tell he's good.
Speaker 9: Stand that's not a big some messing, but dam that's that's somatic that the day came w This is when you've got that by this guy. And I think.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 9: And I don't know. Mister. It's a girl I get when I can this as I think, I don't know what thing. Listen to him as st