Speaker 1: Rip bad news, need.
Speaker 2: Advice, so you don't have.
Speaker 3: Come running.
Speaker 2: Just suss as we can. Shooter's gonna help coming man.
Speaker 4: This is the Troubleshooter Show now, Tom Martine.
Speaker 5: Welcome, Welcome, my friends to the only show of this came. We're here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints. Our goal in life is to make your life just a little bit better. We're here to educate and we're here to really go after the bad guys. You've been dealing with a bad contractor maybe a bad landlord, a bad dentist, a bad attorney. I don't care what it is. That's what we do, and we do it very well. We have recouped over three hundred listen to this, three hundred million dollars cash merchandise exchanges refunds directly due to this show. We've got a couple of guests. They're gonna be showing up here in a few minutes. They're running late. They must be coming from the South because going through Castle Rock was insane.
Speaker 6: Well, Matt with Paragon Services definitely coming from the Springs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Mark Schamansky match Stanford. We're gonna be talking public adjusters. We're gonna be talking a little bit of construction, and of course we're gonna be talking about whatever you want to discuss. We have lines open. Three oh three seven one three a two five five three oh three. Martino, get those calls in. It's a great time to get him in right now. Three zero three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 5: Uh Man, that airline crash, Deputy d Wow. I have not seen anything like that where you can see it right on video. I assume you saw it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I saw it.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 7: What a tragic, tragic thing, and a perfect reminder of a carbon copy, almost the carbon copy reminder of what happened dur in the eighties. Yeah, the Florida airliner that went right in the river right about the.
Speaker 5: Same right about the same place. It was kind of crazy. I just finished before hopping on air listening to our president talk about it, and man, he's saying, this is all because of dei hires. He's basically saying, you know, he's alluding to the fact that the controller basically had him at the exact same height, which is crazy, same altitude. But he can't figure out why the helicopter pilot wouldn't have seen it. Although that could be answered if they had the night vision on. My understanding is night vision if you have a big headlight, and that's what these jets basically have on when they're landing. I mean, that can be blinding. I mean I've never wore night vision, but I've heard that.
Speaker 7: I have, and it's very forward looking. It's like looking through binoculars. So you don't have this, you know, a vision, you have no peripheral.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So it's just it's kind of crazy. When he started talking about DEI, he was reading stuff from I guess the Obama administration, possibly the Biden or both that was basically saying they needed they were going to hire people for these roles, which is crazy, that had mental problems, people that had big time handicaps, people that maybe couldn't hear, people that couldn't see, which makes almost no sense. I mean, they went into what they were looking for to fill these positions, and I wish I actually had it in front of me because it was it was crazy. They were saying they were looking that they needed some of the hardest people to find jobs for people with mental issues. Well, of course it is, but they were saying, we're going to fill these kind of roles. I mean, that's just insane. If there's truth to that, It's one of those things. I love Trump. People that listen to the show know that, But sometimes he says things where you go, are you sure about that? Are are you sure you're actually reading from something that says they want to hire mentally screwed up people for this job?
Speaker 7: Yeah? You know, Trump makes some crazy statements, but a lot of times it turns out they're somewhat grounded in reality.
Speaker 5: Well I think they are too, But I mean this, Suzanne, you were in there listening to it him. What did you make of that presser of true?
Speaker 9: It's kind of scary to think who is running our traffic control rooms right now? That's really scary. Yeah, according to what Trump was saying, that's just me.
Speaker 5: Apparently when Obama came in, they were saying it's too white. Literally he you know, he's quoting a newspaper article from someone that was actually in that presser from like twenty fourteen, and they're like, hey, this this FAA is too white. We've got to hire a more diverse crowd, and not only diversity in color, but diversity in you know, disabilities, mental prepared I mean, it's like, it was really crazy to listen to it. It's nuts how quick things going. And then I promise I'll get to the phones three oh three seven one three eight two five five. The other thing I wanted to ask both you about, though, how about Quintanamo Bay. Wow, Quintanamo Bay, we are going to be shipping illegal aliens that are that are the worst of the worst. We're talking the rapists, the thieves, the child molesters, the drug dealers. We're gonna be shipping them to Cuba.
Speaker 7: Can you imagine, dude, they're making room for thirty thous thirty thousand bedsers.
Speaker 5: Hey, we own the place, right, I mean really, that's our land, that's our territory, and we have the beds. My dad was so pissed off last night when I brought that up. He speak a big time liberal, but I said, wow, Quintanamo Bay. Give it to Trump man. He's using the space, using the beds. Mark Shamanskmi Genesis Total Exteriors, joins us. Mark, you can kind of hear the conversation we're having in any thoughts, we were talking about the DEI hires. Trump just got finished with a presser over the airline crash. Did you hear it?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 5: I did not, And he's basically blaming, of course, the Obama administration and the Biden administration. I guess when he came into office after Biden, he signed executive orders saying, hey, we're not going to fill jobs at the FAA because of someone's color or if they check a certain box. Right, We're going to do it off of merit. These have to be the smartest people in the world.
Speaker 10: It say, it's the most stressful job there is.
Speaker 5: It takes lie, it takes years off people's lives.
Speaker 10: That's right here.
Speaker 5: I mean like literally, like they die five or ten years before the average Joe, which is insane. So when apparently Obama came in and said it's too white, so we have to start checking boxes depending on you know, religions, different countries, different colors, different everything. So Trump changed that back to a merit based system where basically they look at one thing, can you do the job the best?
Speaker 10: Well? And yesterday's proof of that.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So then apparently Obama he had that. Trump comes in fixes it. Then twenty twenty happens in Biden. Biden actually changes it to worse than what the Obama people were doing so. Now Trump three days ago once again wants to go back to merit sign the executive order. But it's crazy. How about the GITTMO thing? Real quick? Any thoughts on that? Do you have any problem with murderers that don't belong in the country. But we're not talking the average Joe blow walking around in front of home depot. We're talking people with you know, a thousand Fenton All pills, if not one hundred thousand. We're talking child rapist. We're talking the worst of the worst murderers. See, why are they here in the first place. They should have never been here in the first place. Well, they're here because of Biden, in.
Speaker 10: My opinion, I understand, But I mean, here you go.
Speaker 5: It's nuts, all right, folks. Real three seven one, three eight, two five five. I digress. We're Stanford.
Speaker 6: See I'm way, he's he's in traffic coming from the spring.
Speaker 10: Traffic was bad today.
Speaker 11: I got hung up for six Golden Ish, yeah, and I got hung up on sixth Avenue.
Speaker 7: Dude.
Speaker 5: Castle Rock was like a whole different place.
Speaker 9: It's a blizzard.
Speaker 5: It's a blizzard. Then by the time you get to like Lincoln on twenty five. You have just fine.
Speaker 10: It was snowing by you.
Speaker 5: Oh my god. We had probably four inches of snow before we light out. Wow, and it said you see little crystals. Like the only good part about that stuff. You can get the snowblower out and like clean your deck and stuff off with the snowblower or I'm sorry, the leaf blower, the blower, the blower blower. Hey, Paul, what's going on? Man?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 12: All right, I'm just sitting here trying to stay warm.
Speaker 5: Now, you the same thing. You know, it was pretty cold coming in, but it's nice and cozy in the studio. I've got good company with me. So what's going on with this Repoh?
Speaker 12: You know, let me tell you that. Let me tell you a story. And this is all one true. I have proof of everything, thank god. I recorded all my convers you know, eighty percent of my conversations with these people on both ends, the repossession and the lender. So this is what's going on, you know. Uh, I think that's the payments not go through. And I swear I got that situated that they were taking the money out of the right account, but I guess they weren't. I don't know. How they lost the information of my address to my house. They were sending to my parents' house for some reason.
Speaker 5: So they were sending like, I'm sorry, Paul, let me let me clarify something. So you were you you possibly missed some payments, but you thought you got caught up. But if they were still sending you notices that you were late, you weren't getting them because they were going to your folks house. Is that right?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 5: All right, now hold on, hold on, I got to take this break. I promise you're up first, Kurt, your up second. Whoever's online three with a Mike Shaw deal, you'll be up at after that. In line four is full as well. We got a lot of kicking this morning on the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 13: Go with a sure Thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 14: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 13: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: All right, folks, three oh three seven one three eight two five five. By the way, this hour brought to you by Paulwatermanroderpros dot net. You gotta check him out, Suzanna and I got a system from him, and I am not kidding. It was more than half price of what the competition was. And in fact, Paul's a master plumber. I mean, this guy knows more about water than you can ever imagine. We love our system. We've had at six seven eight months half the prices the others, and they have systems now at thirty seven hundred bucks under thirty seven hundred that get rid of forever chemicals. They also soften the water. It does everything. It's an unbelievable machine for under thirty seven hundred. Other companies easily for that same kind of deal is going to be easily ten to twelve thousand dollars. Waterpros dot net. You got to check them out. They're great people. Waterpros dot net. Now I got to get back to Paul. So, Paul, you missed a couple payments. The car company. Did you buy it at one of these buy here, pay here places this car?
Speaker 12: No, I got it a Chevy dealership. It's a twenty eighteen Chevy thirty five hundred flatbed. Okay, I bought it brand new.
Speaker 5: So you missed a couple payments, but you thought you got caught up.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, And you know I paid the truck completely off. Asia was repote on the fifteenth.
Speaker 5: Wait a second, when did you pay it completely.
Speaker 12: Off on the twenty first? So it was every business day after the the fifteenth, So the sixteenth, I paid my maximum amount to the lender, which is three thousand, and I paid on the seventeen, three thousand, and then it was you know that was a Friday.
Speaker 5: Then wait, wait, wait, Paul, Paul, Paul, Hold on a second, when did you completely pay the vehicle off?
Speaker 12: When was that on the on the twenty first? Of what of you know this last? You know one twenty one, that's twenty five.
Speaker 5: So like nine days ago. Yeah, so on one twenty one you pay it off. Did they already have it in possession? Was it already repode?
Speaker 10: Yep?
Speaker 12: And then uh, then that following Friday they released the vehicle to me at the repol lot, okay, and I'm going to go pick it up. And I called the lady. I'm like, I'm coming to pick up the vehicle, and then you know that, she answered on the phone like that, She's like midnight recovery. And I tell them who I am and I'm coming to pick up the truck and she's like, oh, I don't know you you got the wrong number. I'm like, what, well, okay, but forget about that.
Speaker 5: Who cares about that? Did you get the vehicle back?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 5: No, I So where the hell is your truck that you paid off? And by the way, what day did it get repolld? So on one twenty one you completely paid it off. What day did it get repolld? The fifteenth of January? Yeah, so we're talking. You had it paid off within six days of again repod and the bank said go get it right yep, yep, But now you can't find it. So where the hell is your truck?
Speaker 12: Ah, bro, it's at the Is that some auction yard Mannheim Auction that's what they sent it to.
Speaker 5: That makes no sense If it was repod on the fifteenth, man, we are totally missing something or else's repo company are complete morons.
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, they got three hundred complaints.
Speaker 5: Did you look at the Yeah, well every toe company's going to have that. But man, this sounds crazy. You can't have a vehicle repode on January fifteenth, pay the entire thing off by the twenty first of January. Six days later, the bank says, go get it. And now that's in an auction. What am I missing? You have to you have to shed more light on this. I'm missing something.
Speaker 12: So like, I'm gonna go pick it up. And that's when they said they sent it to an auction. Like the lady hung up the phone. Then she calls back ten mins later, like, oh, we sent your vehicle to an auction. And they when did.
Speaker 5: They send it to the auction? According to the.
Speaker 12: Lady, the same day. I was the same day they told me I could go pick it up, Like they send it to me early?
Speaker 7: Are they okay?
Speaker 5: Was it a mistake? I mean, help me out here, a little man. Are they saying we mistakenly send it to an auction?
Speaker 12: Yeah, they said they think it or made it by mistake over there, Okay, so.
Speaker 5: Then they mistakenly dropped it off. Hold on, Paul, this this story is so crazy, So they mistakenly dropped it off as of today one thirty. So on one twenty one, uh, it gets repolled on I'm sorry, January fifteenth, it gets repolld one twenty one. You pay it off. When did that conversation go down where they accidentally send it to the auction.
Speaker 12: The on that that following Friday? Were so? Was that the twenty fourth?
Speaker 5: So on the twenty fourth they admit they accidentally send it over. Now we're six days later on the thirtieth, Where the hell's your vehicle?
Speaker 12: It's still at the auction.
Speaker 5: Well, why can't you go get it at the auction? What is the what's the problem?
Speaker 12: This is the problem. They have to call the auction yard and release it to me, just how they did over at the Repo place and I called them, I told them I was blue in the faith. They have to call the auction yard and talk with them, you know, and make sure my property is good and release it and everything.
Speaker 5: But why won't they make that call if they already admitted to you they accidentally dropped it off, why wouldn't they do that?
Speaker 12: I honestly really don't know. I had to get my mom on the speaker phone and try and help me get somewhere with them, but they don't feel the need to contact them at all.
Speaker 5: Well, okay, there's a couple things. One, you paid it off. I doubt you have the title in hand yet, but you're going to have the title in hand soon. So there's no way this auction is going to be able to sell it. I mean they might be able to sell it, but no one's going to be able to title it. It's your damn vehicle, it's the title in your name. Yes, I'd get with the cop, Honest to god, the first thing I would do I would call a cop and say, hey, here's what happened and tell them I need to go get my vehicle. These guys won't release it. Where is this auction house? Have you've gone down there?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 12: Uh, they it would be a waste of time, the lenders saying I have to if I just go over there and show my idea, they will release the truck to me. Yeah. I call the auction place and they're like, no, it doesn't work like that.
Speaker 15: You do it.
Speaker 12: You can't just come here?
Speaker 13: All right?
Speaker 5: What's this? I don't know why this this repo company. What's the name of the repo company?
Speaker 7: Midnight Time, Midnight Midnight Recovery.
Speaker 5: So listen, I'm gonna put you on hold. You're gonna give Kelly Midnight Recovery's phone number, and we're gonna start calling them. And I hope you're not leaving anything out of this story. They're just, I mean, according to you, they're just being bastards. Let's put it out. It is, is that it?
Speaker 12: I mean, yeah, I mean, but it's really it's all the lenders fault, you know, it's all them, like like, meet the Midnight Recovery people.
Speaker 5: But you're telling me Midnight Recovery. All they have to do is call over there right now.
Speaker 12: No, it's a first Tech Credit Credit Union is a lender.
Speaker 5: So they Okay, you're you're you're complicating this one once again. So that's not where we were about a minute ago. So now, who needs to call over to release the vehicle?
Speaker 12: First set Credit Union?
Speaker 5: And why won't they call over if you paid it off?
Speaker 12: Like I honestly really don't know why they don't feel by have them recording of like, you know, a few recordings of us trying to get did you get a lean release?
Speaker 5: From them. Usually it takes a while to get the title, but you can get a lean release almost immediately.
Speaker 12: Yeah, they literally won't do it. I'm just waiting for a phone call from the auction yard from them to release it. I really don't understand.
Speaker 5: It has nothing to do with the damn repo company at this point, right, No, Okay, here's what I want to do. Then, Dmitri, do me a favorite call over to this auction house. And I do want to clarify, do you or do you not have a lean release?
Speaker 8: Paul?
Speaker 12: I do not have a lean release. I'm waiting for a call for a release from them.
Speaker 5: Well, did they send it to d a lot of times? DMV will have it?
Speaker 12: Or no?
Speaker 5: You have no idea, honestly.
Speaker 12: Honestly, I have no idea. They can't really give me any information since I can't verify.
Speaker 5: I'd be taking all these clowns to small claims. If everything is what he's saying, I'd be going after the bank. I'd be going after the auction house. If he paid this off on the twenty first, and here we are nine days later and the credit Union isn't give them a lean release. These people are holding his car that he owns hostage. They have no right to hold it. It's his car. I don't care what the damn bank says. These guys better at the auction house have their crap together because this is nuts. They can't if you pay it off. He owns the vehicle, they don't own the vehicle. I don't get it. Dmitri, get involved in this and figure it out.
Speaker 7: Hey, that sounds good. I'll talk with Paul and get the names and phone numbers from both the auction house and his credit union. I'll call them both and figure out where the disconnect is going on.
Speaker 5: Please do that. I would love an update on this. Get through to someone at that auction house that can act, actually speak to the issue.
Speaker 7: I'll do it as soon as I provide an update on another towing company from yesterday.
Speaker 5: Wait a second, let's do it after the break. Is that the one that got towed from the apartment complex.
Speaker 7: For mysterious circumstances with an unmarked truck.
Speaker 5: And apparently there was no signs in the apartment complex for why it's towing or wherever they are now.
Speaker 7: Apartment complex didn't order the toe and Crystal. The consumer is on the line right now, oh.
Speaker 5: I can't wait to get this hold on everybody.
Speaker 7: And we have an email from the Tobe company that you'll be very interested in.
Speaker 8: Here.
Speaker 5: I cannot wait to hear this update. One line open. I'm sorry whoever dropped off? Three oh three seven one three eight two five five One line open, Crystal Jason. I promise we're going to get to you next.
Speaker 13: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Humpus Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: All right, we've got a lot cooking, so here's what I want to do on Paul Paul's the one that called up his vehicle gat Repode on the fifteenth of January. He paid the vehicle off on one twenty one, five six days later he pays it off to the bank. Some auction house has it. How it even ended up in an auction house and five or six days is wrong. Everything done on this deal was wrong. But regardless, we need to get this figured out. So Kelly get all his information, send it over to Deputy Dmitri, and D's going to be making some calls. He's also got a great update we're going to go to in a second, but really quick, Jay, you've got a suggestion for Paul in that repo issue? What say you?
Speaker 8: I think the first thing I would do at this moment would be just reported stolen. He does not have his vehicle, he knows where it is. Ye, he's a real risk of it being accidentally auctioned.
Speaker 5: Like well, I told him to go down there and call the cops when he's down there and get a cop to show up and make him release it. The problem is he doesn't have the title or the or the loan release or the lean release.
Speaker 8: If he's got the then number, they can run it. It'll show who owns it.
Speaker 5: I agree with that. I definitely agree with that. It's just nuts, man, Jay, I appreciate it. It's not a bad it's not a bad idea. One line open three oh three seven one three eight two five five Dimitri, I'm dying to know about this update. So woman calls yesterday and I'll paint the picture really quick. Her son's vehicle was towed from a complex that doesn't hire a tower. First of all, I looked at it at Google Earth. I didn't see any signs anywhere on the properties. Well, apparently a neighbor possibly told some toe company to pull to toe it. But regardless, they towed it and the vehicle was gone. How much did they want to get the vehicle back? A couple thousand bucks?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Crystal. By the way, he's on the line right now. We're drying in on this. But to summarize her son's truck, it's an eighty five Dodge Ram, which turns out to be a valuable, valuable vehicle. Got it, got towed away.
Speaker 5: And it was like she called it a family heirloom because it was like her dad's or something like that.
Speaker 7: It's been in the family ever since.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Well, there are a couple of weird parts. One is there's a ring video of an unmarked towing truck hooking up.
Speaker 5: To the TUC number no name, no.
Speaker 7: Name, like a repoat truck or a thief's truck.
Speaker 5: I wonder if it was these these goofballs that uh brought this one to the.
Speaker 7: Auction on accident. Yeah midnight reath midnight?
Speaker 5: Yeah keep.
Speaker 7: And anyway, so the unmarked truck towed the towed the Dodge to a commercial parking lot and dropped it off there. Where after that APT Towing took over.
Speaker 5: So they brought it to the commercial parking lot and just kind of abandoned. Was this commercial parking lot like a Walmart.
Speaker 7: I didn't look into it because I was just focused on getting the lady.
Speaker 5: And then whoever monitors that or whoever works there saw it there for a while and called APT.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so they called APT, and the consumer called U. Yesterday in the Lgius the following APT said, first of all, they wanted a couple of thousand dollars if I remember right, to release the truck. And then they said, well, it's too late anyway, we're going to sell them. We're going to apply for the title and sell the truck. And I'm paraphrasing the consumer's allegations.
Speaker 5: Well, and one of the things I want to bring up for people out there, tow truck companies, not not reposts. Reposts are completely different. But if your vehicle gets towed from an apartment complex because you parked in the wrong spot, let's say it's completely your fault, and they have the tote charge, and then they have the daily storage fee, and all of a sudden, even a couple days later, you owe five six hundred bucks. They have to release that vehicle, I believe, for around eighty five dollars, and then you can make payments to them. You're basically getting a loan from them. They're supposed to have signs up that say this, but a lot of these yards don't have them up. But they have to let that vehicle go under a lot of circumstances.
Speaker 7: I agree, and Crystal claims that they did not give her that option, and so I developed a source deep inside the PUC and the lady over there yesterday launched an investigation into this matter. And then earlier this morning, I invited both the PUC and apt towing to come on the air to kind of present their sides of the story. Sure in case there's an emission or an accurate They say, Well, so here's the response from Karen Fisher over at APT Service. Good morning, Dmitri. The email begins, this truck is not worth all these problems. Please let the owners Dennison Dennison Austin or Dennison Austin know that they can come pick up their truck free of charge. Wow, please have them call us. And then she included that phone number. And also just at the record straight, we did not tow this vehicle from an apartment complex. We towed it from a shopping center. Okay, and that's consistent with.
Speaker 5: So can I read between the lines? We really screwed up and she can come get it for free. That's that's kind of what I hear. Now that's my that's my impression. Yeah, but that is like, that is not a typical response from a toe company by any stress. Right, And this is after you got involved, and after the PUC got involved. What did the PUC have to say?
Speaker 7: Well, the PUC lady turns out she just emailed me too. She doesn't have time to come on the air today, but she offered to come on the air next week to discuss what rights consumers would actually yeah, I would too, and set up a.
Speaker 5: Telephone appoint It's one of those things I don't necessarily agree with. So I need to say that I don't necessarily agree with telling a business that's owed five hundred dollars to one thousand dollars that you have to accept eighty five bucks, because the problem is a lot of times they're simply not going to get paid. Now, they can go after the vehicle. At that point, they can do a mechanics lean, they can bring them to court, they can probably charge interest, but it doesn't matter if it's some bum, like literally some bum, You're never going to collect a dime from them, and it might be very hard to get the car back as they left state.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I agree, And so this is just one of those instances where the pendulum has swung pretty far in the other direction, exactly following god knows how many decades of abuse is by towing company.
Speaker 5: And then of course with our liberal governor down there. You're right, it swung so far though to the left on this. I mean, I don't even know how you operating a towing company anymore here, but it sounds like these guys did a multitude of things wrong. It shouldn't have been brought there. Did we ever find out Crystal. Did we ever find out who the original undercover black tow truck with no PUC nothing, Did we ever figure out who owned that? We have not.
Speaker 16: We talked to the manager at the apartment complex and she actually saw the tow truck coming into the parking lot when she was showing an apartment and when she came back out, our vehicle was already gone. And she had said that the tow truck looked like the Tater tow truck from Cars? The what from the Cars movie?
Speaker 1: The Car too?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Okay, yeah, breaking up? What's it called?
Speaker 5: Ta Tater?
Speaker 16: Tater's the name from Cars. Our concern is that this APT services is in collusion with other TOE companies to tow trucks cars to their parking lots.
Speaker 5: So well, they very well could be. But I mean, thanks to Dimitri and you calling into the show, My god, it sounds like we put them on alert. I mean, anybody out there has a problem with APT you need to call into the show. That's that's crazy.
Speaker 16: Yeah, so we're concerned.
Speaker 5: Did you get the vehicle back down?
Speaker 16: We just got the email this morning. Not the vehicle's not running, Yeah, so it has to be towed.
Speaker 5: Well, you know what, I'd have them tow it. Why wouldn't they toe it?
Speaker 7: See if you can hire them back?
Speaker 5: No, honest to god, why wouldn't they toe it?
Speaker 7: I agree, Mark, we're going to let's just go.
Speaker 5: They're the ones that no one should have told this in the first place.
Speaker 7: I agree, But just go get it. Mark. The vehicle is worth it. Tom looked it up unrestored. It's twenty to thirty thousand bucks.
Speaker 5: Okay, you're right, go get it. But my god, you know what I do is at least take them to small claims court. Crystal. It's going to cost you fifty bucks. I'd go after him. Yeah, I go after him for pretty much the full amount. I mean, honest to god, I would come up with different expenses. That equals seven twenty five hundred bucks at this time.
Speaker 7: Crystal, one more thing, real quick, Please consider getting that truck plated, registered and sure, and take some steps to make it more difficult to steal.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no kidding. Yeah, all right. Hey, I'm glad we could help out, Crystal.
Speaker 12: I am to you.
Speaker 5: Guys were great. I appreciate it, Thank you very much. That's another So how much thirty thousand and forty said between and thirty. So I don't hear you on air.
Speaker 7: Oh, the tom said that the auction for unrestored is twenty to thirty thousands. Wow, if we go in the.
Speaker 5: Middle, Yeah, it's round it five thousand, So that's three three hundred million, thirty five thousand dollars as of this second.
Speaker 11: Everybody's pulltiction and keep that at an apartment complex either though, No, that's.
Speaker 5: Crazy, right. Well, here's the main thing. Though, I would go after that toe company for the cost of the toe coming back. It'd be hard to come up with expenses to equals seventy five hundred bucks. But I'd say, you miss some hours of work, no doubt. There's no doubt they miss some hours of work. I don't know if any damage has been done under this truck. They might get it back when it gets towed back, and there could be damage, so that could be more.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I hope it's not missing any valuable parts.
Speaker 5: Anything, anything, honest to God. When I got it back, i'd go over it. Anything there I would sue APT for and I would continue to go on the PUC and let's line them up. I would love for consumers to understand from the horse's mouth. If you will every single thing that you know they get in Colorado when it comes to getting their vehicles to people.
Speaker 7: Just look now, I'll take a look at your schedule and I'll schedule her for an appointment on the days that you're here.
Speaker 5: All right, rock and roll, Crystal Glad to help. Jason, You'll be next. Mike Shaw dealership problem. We've got two lines open three zero three seven one three eight two five five three oh three Martino, you've been ripped off taking advantage of as you just saw, we solve problems.
Speaker 13: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content three years. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 1: Help.
Speaker 13: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five We do have two lines open. You've been ripped off or taken advantage of real quick Frank Duran the real estate man. You want the best realtor out there. I promise that's Frank. He sold our house in Castle Rock and Redhawk for more than any other model, same exact model. He got more money at the time than when he was negotiating with the people selling their house in frank Town. He saved us a ton of money, almost one hundred thousand dollars. This was back in twenty fourteen or fifteen. Unbelievable realtor. Every single year he goes to glasses on negotiations. He just stays on top of the game. He sells more homes. Listen to this, more homes in one month that most realtors sell in an entire year. Frank Durant Homes dot com. That's Frank Duran Holmes dot com. Now let's go to an issue with Mike Shaw. Jason, what the heck is going on with Mike Shaw?
Speaker 17: How's it going?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 17: This is my first time being on radio, so I hope I don't sound like an idiot.
Speaker 5: No problem so far, so good man.
Speaker 17: All right, Hey, so quick bullet point on my jeep. My issue that I have is is I bought this jeep, the twenty seventeen Jeep Wrangular Rubicon. I bought it on November fourteenth.
Speaker 5: Foyer those popular.
Speaker 17: Yeah, it's been in my driveway a grand total of three nights since then. It's been between two different mechanics shops.
Speaker 5: So hold on one second. You bought it on November fourteenth of twenty twenty four from Mike Shaw get here, Okay, So how much would you pay for it?
Speaker 17: Twenty fourth thousand?
Speaker 5: Did you buy it? As is most likely you did, But did you buy an extended warranty or anything with it?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 17: That's the that's the that's the very first thing that comes up in these situations.
Speaker 5: So how much was how much was the warranty?
Speaker 17: There's no warranty. I didn't buy no warranty.
Speaker 5: Oh, perfect, perfect, I'm glad you didn't buy a warranty, quite honestly. So what happened?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 17: So, uh, I drove the vehicle home the night that I bought and I noticed that it was blowing cold air through the same.
Speaker 5: So the very next day, so you bought it, you got it home and the heater's not working? Correct? Correct. All right, let's keep it right there. I'm dying to find out what happened. I can already tell he didn't get this thing checked out, but we're going to see if we can't help him. Everybody hold tight. We have one line open three h three Martino, and we've got a meth story coming up that is crazy.
Speaker 13: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 14: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 13: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, rit.
Speaker 7: Need so you don't have.
Speaker 14: Run anxious.
Speaker 2: As fast as we can, Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 15: Come man.
Speaker 5: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martinez to my friends, to the only show of its kindrad here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints. Deputy D's working on that other repo case. Right now, hopefully we can get this poor guy his truck back. I'm not going to recap it, but basically it was accidentally sent to an auction by a repo tower and he's got it paid off. Now the whole thing's just a cluster. But we're getting involved and hopefully he gets it back. We solved that other one from yesterday. They wanted two thousand dollars listen to that, two thousand dollars this toe company for this poor woman and kid to pick up their vehicle. And after we got involved, especially with the PUC, they decided kindly today to have her come get it for free. Gee. I wonder if that was out of the kindness of their heart. But now, right at this second, we're dealing with Jason. He bought a twenty seventeen Jeep Wrangler at Mike Shaw. He's driving at home in November. He bought it on November fourteen, and I did want to ask him. He paid twenty four thousand for it. But Jason, how many miles around this jeep?
Speaker 17: Oh? I bought it with one twenty six all right.
Speaker 5: So it had quite a few miles for I mean for a jeep. It had quite a few, at least for a Wrangler, because you never know how people are driving those. But anyhow, so you buy it as you're driving home, or the next day you realize when you turn the heater on there's no heat whatsoever.
Speaker 17: Yeah, so I took it immediately back to the dealership.
Speaker 7: Yep.
Speaker 5: What they say at Mike shoff the work order.
Speaker 17: Yeah, so funny thing. The sales manager came out and he literally says, when it left, it didn't it didn't have that problem when it left.
Speaker 5: How long? How many miles did you put on it?
Speaker 3: Eighteen?
Speaker 17: It's nine miles.
Speaker 5: You know what I can I can instantly say if what you're telling me is correct. I can't believe he could look you in the eyes and say that it didn't have that problem when it was here, But eighteen miles later, you must have broke the heater. So what happened?
Speaker 18: Yeah?
Speaker 17: So then it's set there for a week and then they told me it was fixed. I came back. It was not fixed.
Speaker 5: What did they say they did to it?
Speaker 17: They said that they flushed the coolant and it was all ready to go.
Speaker 5: Well, see, here's the deal man, here's the problem with the problem you're having. It could be anything. It could be low on coolant literally being low on cooling can cause that it could also have a.
Speaker 17: Problem that to go ahead another shot?
Speaker 5: And what did the other shops say, going to say?
Speaker 17: Yes, good, I'll read your yeah, you knowled it. I mean it says the engine is burning, burning and coolant internally into the heads. And it also said that after further inspection, the engine heads have been off recently as they were most likely trying to fix the real issue.
Speaker 5: Wow, and how do they know that? They're just Hey, let's get Kevin Colkin on Sheridan Auto Tech. Please hold on, man, I want to verify a few things. You know what we're up against here, Jason. You know what I'm going to tell you. Number one, why the hell didn't you have it checked out when you bought it?
Speaker 17: Well, the GPS is insane clean, like it looks in really good shape.
Speaker 5: Right well, you know, okay, in the future, I just want everybody listening to know that that's the dumbest advice I ever heard. And we're gonna help you. We're gonna help you to the best of our ability. But for people listening, I want them to understand. I don't care how clean the vehicle is. You have a mechanic or a technician, you bring it somewhere, you have them go there. I don't care what it is. You have the vehicle checked out. And on top of that, if the dealership doesn't let you take it to get checked out or doesn't let someone come in to look at it, you simply don't buy it. So that's future advice for you. Okay, Jason, thank you. Yeah, you're welcome. So you didn't have it checked out. What you're up against is you bought it as is. But man, I'll tell you what if everything you're telling me is true and you drove off with that vehicle that messed up where it needed a head gasket, I'm gonna be talking about my shaw for a long time. We've got some verification to do in this story. I want to see one. I want you to email us the estimate in the right up from the other shop, right away, like right now. When I put you on hold Kelly, he'll tell you where to send it. And then Kelly, I want to get Kevin cokin on while we're waiting for those two things. One line open, three h three Martino Matt. We were talking. Matt's a public adjuster Paragon Services. These guys have helped me out so much, to the tune of well over one hundred thousand. First one. My roof had to be four years ago, five years ago.
Speaker 1: Four thank you for you.
Speaker 5: So listen to this, folks. I'm seeing all my neighbors get new roofs. So I call up my insurance company. I forget who it was at the time. Who was it?
Speaker 1: You remember it was California something something weird, Uh, not a common one I should have known with the name California to try to screw me.
Speaker 5: But here's the deal. I call them up, they come out, they say, hey, there's no damage, no claim, no damage boom. I'm like, well, I'll be damned. All my neighbors are getting one. When I say that we live on property, but literally, I saw a lot of people in the neighborhood getting them. So I call up Matt and I said, Matt, I don't understand. Can you come over and look at my roof and tell me if I have damage because I'm seeing other people get new roofs. And you came out and you said, yeah, there's damage here, and how many? How does that work? Guys, Mark Mark Schamanski, you're in the roofing business. You both know insurance companies in and out. But insurance companies they're looking for what to replace the whole roof in general? Five squares?
Speaker 11: No, you look at one square on each side of the roof, and you're looking anywhere from eight to thirteen.
Speaker 10: Demand what insurance company.
Speaker 5: Eight to thirteen hits right?
Speaker 11: Dawn in a square in a square big, it's a square ten foot by ten foot, So in a ten foot.
Speaker 5: By ten foot area on two different places on the house, you're looking for thirteen plus hits right?
Speaker 11: But you actually, if you have sides a roof that faces all sides west, northeast, south, all.
Speaker 10: Those how to have it?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 11: Or you know usually if three sides have it, they're going to place the whole roof.
Speaker 10: But you know we're doing one right now with Matt. What half of it is damage? That are half? Yes, they'll pay for half the zero damage on that.
Speaker 5: That's because these these insurance companies here just losing money out to the ass they'll be quite honest. Right, So so Matt comes out. Remember I already had the company out and they say nope, no damage, no nothing, blah blah blah. I get Matt out there, he makes a call. Next thing I know, he's meeting another adjuster out.
Speaker 1: I got to reassign to another guy. That's important.
Speaker 5: So that's one of the first things you do, and that's in the claim where they just say, forget about it, right, you.
Speaker 1: Want to reassign it because no one wants their work checked and to look like an idiot.
Speaker 5: So he comes out and these guys meet up. I don't remember if I was there or not quite frankly, but you know, fast forward seventy eighty thousand dollars claim. So we went from I have no damage to a check for eighty thousand. Not only did Matt get my roof covered, listen to this, I got a new roof, I got new paint. In fact, Mark, that's when your guys came out and painted the entire exterior of my house. And I say, this year in your commercials a lot that was four or five years ago, it still looks like you guys painted it yesterday.
Speaker 10: Yep, Mosquita, great prep and you know, great product.
Speaker 5: And you had that lady come out and Susanne, she was she was kind of hell bent on getting the same color. I guess a lot of people do that. We don't have to worry about an hoa or any of that. We can paint our house purple if we want.
Speaker 11: It's always a touchy subject, you know. Sometimes I'm not sure if I should mention it. But I mentioned you guys say him, you ever thought about a different color different because.
Speaker 5: It was kind of yellow?
Speaker 9: Yeah, And I think the thing was mark. I always sort of wanted a yellow house.
Speaker 6: And we didn't have the house for very long, and it was like, oh, changing it, but really as decision ever.
Speaker 5: Yes, this lady comes out and is looking at the color of our barn in our garage. I don't know if we had the garudges at the time, but you didn't. Yeah, she's looking at everything and she's going, this is what I would do. And Suzanne's like, I love it.
Speaker 9: Our stone into account everything, every.
Speaker 5: Paint, the color of the paint actually matches some of the we have stone columns in.
Speaker 9: We still have took the interior into a count It.
Speaker 5: Was crazy, man. So not only do we get the full house painted, the barn the barn painted, the barn gets a new roof, the house gets a new roof, You got us money for the deck for the railing. I mean, boom, eighty thousand dollars from zero. It's absolutely insane. Then, just to cap it off, I'll tell you how beneficial these two are, especially when they work together. Hey, listen to this one. This is insane. So four years later, last year, we get hail damage, not on the roof, because my new roof is halproof. We had other neighbors have damage everywhere. My roof does not get hail damage anymore. But the hail hits so hard on our deck. It came in through the glass door, which is insane, and flooded out our kitchen while we were away. Our daughter comes home and I get it's his video of our kitchen floor with like one hundred towels, every towel she could find mopping this up. It was probably like dad for twelve thirteen hours. I, unlike most people, have different riders on my insurance, and one of the riders I put on was flood. It was like seventy five bucks for the year, and I get it through Compass. Compass said, hey, this is real flood insurance. The chances of your house. Ever, flooding is won in a zillion. I mean, if you look at my house, it would never flood unless if something crazy happened. Something crazy happened. And sure enough, they first denied me, saying it was flood. And then you.
Speaker 1: Piled up the hail piled up on your back door and like three feet high, right, and then it melted quickly and the water seeped through the door. And so we were like, well, hey, that's flood. And they said, well, it didn't come from the ground. It came from your deck.
Speaker 5: Yeah, which my our deck is like maybe fifteen feet off the ground, but it's like map right, and it's like but so Mack gets involved. They come out, I put in the claim. I think this is a no brainer. We had flood insurance, they said. At first they didn't realize I had the flood rider. So they say, no, you don't have coverage. That's flood. I said, well, okay, I have a flood rider. Look at it. Then they call back and go, well, yeah you do, and but it's not really the definition of flood because it didn't come from the ground. I said, so you denied it because it was a flood to begin with so you denied it. Then when I pointed out I had flood coverage, you're denying it because it's not your kind of flood. So I get Matt involved. How much am I going to get?
Speaker 12: Well?
Speaker 1: Well, finally to the finish line, probably between forty and fifty K from zero.
Speaker 5: So from absolutely zero. Once again, Paragon Services and Mark had a lot to do with this. You came out, look at the damage, and you write up what I need. I needed stuff I didn't even think. I didn't even think of. In fact, you pointed out damage in the basement I didn't even know was there from the water seeping down that sliding door. You got me a new sliding door.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 5: Yes, we're we're a team. It's unbelievable. Guys, any questions you have on any damage, we do have one line open. I'm gonna take this break. Kevin Hawkins up, We're gonna talk to that. We're gonna bring Jason back up with this. Mike Shaw jeep deal. Kelsey has a problem with toll charges, don't we all? And David has an issue with his brother in law.
Speaker 13: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing Dot com.
Speaker 14: You don't pay a cent until you're contenth.
Speaker 13: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three o three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 5: Help.
Speaker 13: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: All right, sorry about that, folks, real three seven one three two five five. I was watching up Biden's pick to Lee d FAA. This is, of course, going back four years mister Washington, and he couldn't answer one question. I'm literally watching the hearing and caption and uh, I mean very basic questions about aviation. He knew nothing. Uh complete DEI hire apparently.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 5: I just can't believe our country would hire people based upon color, based upon instead of merit like Trump says, but literally based upon checking the box. I mean, it's really an amazing thing. I just I'm perplexed about the whole thing. But I digress. Three zero three seven one three eight two five five. Kevin Cokin shared an Auto Tech. This poor guy Jason buys a two thousand and seventeen jeep Wrangler from Mike Shaw. Follow so far, sir, yep, and he leaves and it's blowing cold air. I mean literally, you put eighteen miles on it and it's blowing cold air. Heater doesn't work. He brings it back. They had it for how long did they have it for, Jason? You said like two, three weeks, six weeks, six weeks, So they have it for six weeks. What did they tell you they were fixing? I mean, it doesn't At first you told me they said they did a coolant flush. But now we're talking it doesn't take. If it takes your dealership six weeks to do a cooling flush, you shouldn't have a dealership.
Speaker 17: So the first week it was a cooling flush, and then I was called that it was all ready to go. I go to pick it up and nothing, it's still doing the exact same thing. I mean literally again, yeah, well let me look at it again.
Speaker 5: Wait a minute, though, you brought it back like that day.
Speaker 17: I brought so yeah, yeah, I brought it back and I did the whole That was a Friday. I brought it back on Saturday, dropped the keys in the box thingy, talked to the sales manager. Everything. Uh. So I talked to the service manager and he was like, well, I think that you got a blend door actuator issue. And I'm like that and told him at the moment because I'm familiar with this with my daughter Subaru, it acts like a heater core. And so they're like, well, I don't think so, Like, doesn't seem right. I think it's a blendoor actually, So they checked all the blend door, they checked all the actuators. Everything was working fine. And then they they were like, you're right, mister, all like, uh, the heater core is plugged. And they told me that it was like some type of residue that you would see on a on a fish tank. And they said that they don't know basically what why it's plugged.
Speaker 5: So what did they do? Did they do the heater core?
Speaker 17: They didn't do anything. They advised me to trade it in on something else, you know what.
Speaker 5: So you bought this and literally the heater didn't work from day one. So let me ask you this, Kevin. First of all, does any of this make sense to you? If they if someone brought you this car that not that you sold. I'm saying, if someone brought you this and it wasn't blowing heat, would you do a cooling system flush first? Then would you look at all the actuator doors? Then would you tell the customer it's the heater core?
Speaker 18: Well, I mean they should have started with the heater core bec jep's are prone to have heater course plugged up.
Speaker 5: But listen, but Kevin, now check this out. We're going to go further down. So what did you tell them? Jason?
Speaker 17: So I got I got frustrated. After two months, the jeep has only been in my driveway after one night, after two months, so I picked a jeep up. When I drove it to a reputable on Candy.
Speaker 5: And what they say the heater course plugged okay, and so how much was he going.
Speaker 17: To be of the It was a eleven eighty bucks.
Speaker 5: So you paid for it?
Speaker 7: I paid for it?
Speaker 5: Then what.
Speaker 17: The my mechanic reached out to me and said it didn't fix the problem that the engine is burning cooling internally, air is getting into the system. Their engine is completely flooded with like some type of stop leak and he could tell that the heads have been off recently, as if somebody was trying to fix the sexual problem.
Speaker 5: A couple of things here. They had that vehicle for six weeks, Kevin, I mean, my god, if they truly put in like liquid glass for lack of the better words, or you know, cooling system pellets that are supposed to seal up a head gasket or other things, I mean, that's insane within itself for a dealership to do. But this mechanic that he brought it to said it was evident that the heads were off, right, Jason.
Speaker 17: Sure, it's noted on the voy.
Speaker 5: And how would you look at a vehicle and know that they were recently off compared to off five months ago.
Speaker 18: Just from residue and Greece and everything. It's very obvious when it has new head casking.
Speaker 5: So in the in the mechanics, Jason, what shop did you bring it to have that work done?
Speaker 17: It's called Fox Motors and.
Speaker 5: Then Fox Motors. Would they be willing to talk to us? I'd love to have them on. Are they cool guys? Man?
Speaker 17: They're super cool guys. They're kind of independent.
Speaker 5: Hey, Kelly, Kelly, When I go to break hold on hold on Jason Kelly when I go to break get Fox Motors, and maybe Jason wants to call him first, but tell them I'd love to have them on. I want to hear this report directly from there. Kevin. So far, the reason I have you on, I mean, all of this makes perfect sense, right they basically it sounds like they sold them a vehicle with a bad head or a cracked head or something.
Speaker 18: Something, and I think that's why they were trying to get him to trade it in.
Speaker 5: Well exactly, I mean, it's just the puzzle piece was.
Speaker 18: Trying to help them out, like IT'X may get rid of this or something, but you havehead problems.
Speaker 12: That's the problem.
Speaker 17: I'm clear with me that they would have just said, dude, the motor is shot, like you need to trade this end, and I would have been I would have considered it. But instead it was yeah, you're right, the heater core is plugged, and so I'm thinking, you know, eleven hundred bucks I could fix this.
Speaker 5: And they knew at that point it was more than that because they took the head off and then.
Speaker 3: Check this out.
Speaker 17: So after I brought it back, I was informed by the new GM that they'd replaced the heater cores before when they took it in on trade. And I did not know that obviously, or I wouldn't have had it taken somewhere to put another heater cores in.
Speaker 19: Yeah, that they were.
Speaker 17: Trying to fix this issue before they traded it in.
Speaker 5: So this is Mike Shaw. So for everybody in Colorado right now listening, this is Mike Shaw. According to Jason, he buys it no heat when he leaves a dealership, not even eighteen miles on the damn vehicle or eighteen miles, and he brings it back six weeks later. He's in the position where we figure out it needed to head, and they knew it needed to head. They said you should trade it in right now. And he's spent twenty four thousand dollars on this Now. Did they sell it as is? Yeah, they did sell it as is. But I'll tell you out there, anybody listening, in my opinion, to buy any vehicle from Mike Shaw would be a big mistake. Do you see how they take care of their customers. You see the piece of craps they sell to people. Hold on, I got to take a break. Let's try to get this Fox motors on so we can talk to them and verify everything the caller's telling us. Thank you, by the way, Kevincalkin. Share it in autotech dot com. Kevin's the guy man. You guys want to get something done and done right, you bring it to sharedan auto tech. I use Kevin all the time. Share it in auto tech dot com. Thank you, Kevin, chasing you hold on, Kelsey, hold on, we do have a line open. I'm getting a little riled up on this deal. This is insane eighteen miles. Yeah, he did everything wrong. He should have had it checked out. Hey, he did everything wrong, But my god, to sell a vehicle that needs a head and engine, Shame on you, Mike Shaw.
Speaker 13: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real Estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: All right, three o three seven one three eight two five five three oh three Martino, you know we love getting involved in stuff. This Mike Shaw thing is driving me a little boker's Kelly, were we able to get in touch with the shop that actually told this guy what was going on with the jeep? I loved him a message? Okay, I would love to get them on. Let me go back to Jason. Jason, I want to make sure Kelly has all the information. I still want an email of that that that write up you have from that other company. You follow what I'm saying?
Speaker 17: Yeah, the invoice, you bet?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I want the invoice. So where does it sit now? Did you go back to these guys, back to Mike Shaw and say, hey, you know, not only is the heater core you guys did it before, you didn't fix it, but it needs an engine. I mean, where where are we at with Mike Shaw?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 17: I took it back and unfortunately there was a new GM involved, so I had to try to re explain this entire situation to them. Yeah, and then, so the way it sets right now is it's been at their dealership for the last two weeks YEP. They currently have a fifty eight hundred dollars estimate on fixing the problem and the GEEP has three hundred and forty one miles on them since the day that I bought it.
Speaker 5: So basically, they're not going to do anything for you. I mean, that's that's what I'm hearing from you.
Speaker 17: Yesterday they called me and said, I'm sorry, buddy, you sign it as is, come get it.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: You know what, So if you want to deal with Mike Shaw, by the way, what is the number over to Mike Seawan? What is that GM's name? Who's the GM that basically is doing absolutely zero for you after you bought this vehicle for twenty four thousand dollars at Mike Shaw and you haven't got to use it because it needed an engine when you bought it, at least according to everything you're telling me, Jason. And after we talk to that other shop in tomorrow's car Day. So I'm going to talk about Mike Shaw probably every hour tomorrow on car Day so people know how they operate. Did they do anything?
Speaker 8: Only no.
Speaker 5: To me, it's very immoral though extremely aware though, go ahead I.
Speaker 17: Mean, isn't there some type of auto fraud with concealment or negligence?
Speaker 5: What did they conceal? How are you going to prove they knew it needed.
Speaker 9: A central mechanic?
Speaker 6: He said that the mechanics said it was obvious that the heads had been taken off and they were trying.
Speaker 5: To after the fact. I'm talking before you bought it, Jason Suzan, before he bought it, And I do want to go down this real quick, so everybody out there is listening gets an idea of what I'm saying. So, before you bought it, how would you prove that they knew it needed an engine? How would you do that?
Speaker 17: Well, I can prove that they replaced the heater core. That yeah, portraying it in knowing that it had existing issues.
Speaker 5: Well, okay, so they replaced the heater core.
Speaker 17: Is but the issues existed from the day that I.
Speaker 5: Bought Jason, I agree with you one hundred percent. You would have to prove to a judge that they knew it needed an engine. It doesn't matter if they replaced the heater core. So they replaced the heater core, they'd say, Okay, we thought it was clogged up it's a jeep. They're known for that. We did the heater core, then we sold it. We had no idea needed an engine.
Speaker 17: What about negligent misrepresentation? You know, like, don't they I mean, obviously it was presented to me as a road worthy vehicle and it's not. Oh isn't that? Isn't there some grounds there? What?
Speaker 5: What? What do you have? Jason? Jason, listen, man, what do you What do you have in writing or recorded or some kind of proof that they said, hey, there's no issues with this vehicle, it should work fine. Where what do you have?
Speaker 17: I mean, what judge is going to say, Oh, I think that they told you that it needed a motor before you bought it.
Speaker 5: No, the judge is going to say that. The judge wouldn't say that, Judge, the judge would Jason, listen to me, man, I want to help you. That's not what the judge would say. What the judge would say is, oh, look here, mister Jason, you bought it as is. You bought it knowing that whatever was wrong with it you own now. You bought it as is. That's what he's going to say, without you having proof that they knew that they were selling you something that was that defective, you're not going to do anything. So unless the dealer is going to admit it, if you call them up this GM right now, If you call this person up and say, hey, do you admit you sold me a vehicle that you knew needed an engine, what do you think they're going to say? Yeah, they're going to say no, of course they are. And you bought it as is. You literally signed paperwork when you were buying this twenty four thousand dollars heap of crap that you knew you were buying it as is. I don't like anything they did, but the legal ramifications I don't think are there now saying that you know who I would like to get on what is her name, Reina. If we could get Raina on, this might be right up her. Ally, I want to get an Eternia Jason that specializes in exactly this. So I'm going to put you on hold.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 5: I want to get rain On. Hopefully we can get her on her line her up. I would love to do that. She's very smart at what she does. But in the meantime, I want people out there to know what Mike Shaw sold this guy and we're going to talk to the people that looked at it and diagnosed it. I truly believe they snookered him, and I think they did it on purpose. Now that's my opinion, that's my thoughts. But I think Mike Shaw really screwed this one up, and the fact they're not doing anything for him shows you how they treat a customer. He was eighteen miles away from the dealership and that vehicle was already screwed up. Now, once again, he bought it as this he should have had it checked out, and I don't have to keep beating that dead horse. But the bottom line is I don't think they should have sold it to him. I think they're crooks. That's my opinion. I think in this particular case, according to everything I know right now, I think to people at Mike Shaw are maybe not crooks, but they're unethical pieces of crap.
Speaker 13: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance checkup free no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five. So you know, I would like some people out there listening, maybe my YouTube friends, the Morons, And that's a nice name we call him, kind of an inside joke. It probably does sound strange over the air, though, the Morons, But here's the deal. They're great people, great followers of the show, good helpers, and I beckon for your help as well. Sometimes we get deals like this. Did Mike Shaw do anything illegal?
Speaker 20: No?
Speaker 5: Not, in my opinion. We're going to try to get Rihanna on an attorney. I keep Raina.
Speaker 21: She's not available until Monday.
Speaker 5: Okay, let's line her up Monday. So Jason, we're going to get you back on Monday with the attorney. But in the meantime, let me bring him up, not.
Speaker 14: Tomorrow for car days.
Speaker 9: She's not available.
Speaker 7: I didn't hear Kelly, Monday Monday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's right. Listen, we're gonna get our attorney up and we're going to talk with her Monday, Jason. But in the meantime, I want to ask our listeners to call up Tyson Ivy. He is the GM an appeal to his character, and I don't know what his character is, but I can tell you this, He's seems to be a character. But call up Tyson Ivy at Mike Shaw's dealership. What Mike Shaw Dealership is this? By the way, Jason Chrysler dodged Deep and Ram okay and where is that Grey and Greeley. He's at nine to seven zero five zero six nine seven seven seven. Really try to appeal to his character. Leave a message, don't be mean. I think he needs to know what's going on. He's new to the position, according to the caller. But the bottom line is this guy spent twenty four thousand and drove off that day with a vehicle that needed an engine twenty four thousand dollars. Imagine how you would feel now. Did Jason do things wrong? He absolutely did. He should have had the vehicle checked out, but that doesn't mean they should have sold it to him. And if they truly didn't know, which they're claiming. Of course, I'm sure they're going to claim they didn't know, which I don't believe, but who knows. I wasn't there, But in my opinion, they probably did know because they did the he and that's what we're going to go over Monday with Jason and our attorney. But I think they should do something now, at minimum, maybe fix the vehicle, maybe even offer to fix it at costs, because if they did do a rebuilt engine, it would be better than the engine with one hundred and twenty four thousand miles. So I could understand them charging him something, but to hit him with no options but five five hundred dollars on a vehicle he just spent on and never got any value whatsoever, I find preposterous and absurd and outright sleazy. That's my opinion. Now, for Mike Shaw and everybody out there listening, I can have my opinion, and honest to God, I think you guys suck. That is my opinion. And I'm hoping our listeners call up and say it very nicely, but try to figure out what's going on there. Why does he feel it's okay to do this? Yes, I understand their hanging their hat once again on its as is. But that doesn't mean that's where you hang your heart. Screwed people like that. You shouldn't do that to people. This isn't a month later. This isn't the possibility this guy overheated it. This is right when he left. This problem was there then. I think they knew the six weeks they had the vehicle. But really, here's Tyson Ivy's phone number. Nine seven zero five oh six nine seven seven seven. Folks, we are media with the purpose. There's certain times we might not be able to help with our attorneys in other ways, and I believe this is one of them. But we can at last, at least let the public know that the people at Mike Shaw do this to their customers. Tyson Ivy nine seven zero five zero six nine seven seven seven. Tell him you heard it here on the Troubleshooter Show. I would love to talk to him. We have already called up there and left a message, but I'm almost positive they will ever talked to us because people that hide stuff generally never come out of their little cockroach house. That's just the way it works. Now, I want to talk to Matt real quick. Look, we've got so many things going on. We've got a guy moving. I have no idea what's going on in this car with Patrese. Kelsey's got a problem. Kelsey, you'll be up next. But we got full lines. But I got to talk to Paragon real quick.
Speaker 8: Matt.
Speaker 5: We were talking. I said, what's the biggest case, because it's not hail season, and you said, right now, I'm dealing with a meth case. So what happened? Where was the math? You don't have to say exactly like an address or anything, but what are we talking about? An office building?
Speaker 1: It's a hotel. A hotel, Yeah, it's up toward the Boulder.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: And I got a call from a trust in California who actually listens to the show and called me up and they said, we have nationwide, we've found some of our guests cooking meth.
Speaker 5: And literally cooking in the hotel, in the sink in the unit. It's just one of these like really sleazy hotels. It's a decent hotel.
Speaker 1: It's probably a ninety dollars a night, okay kind of joint.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So it's not like an oio or something that could be like, you know, people live there all the time.
Speaker 1: It's not one of these places that say we have HBO and a pool on their marquee and they don't go by the hour either, by the I don't know about that. Well we'll find that out. But yeah, so they said, there's this meth problem we have nationwide with file acclaim. They want to give us I think forty forty to fifty grand.
Speaker 5: To clean up a meth room. To clean the room, it's like, and they weren't smoking meth, they were making meth. And they both, of course both they got to test their prize. I mean so, but they offered forty grand. From what I understood, you can't even clean up an rv uh. You can't even clean up a Honda Civic that's had someone smoke meth in it for forty grand. Hold on, but you got involved, and I assume you're going to have a good end of this story where you got more money.
Speaker 1: We're getting there.
Speaker 5: I can't wait to hear what they're shooting for now. I'll tell you, insurance companies driving me nuts. All they do is pretend not to pay. We got a lot coming up.
Speaker 13: Hold tight, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance checkup free no obligation. Comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three o three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: News.
Speaker 5: So you don't have.
Speaker 2: Run as fast as we can. The Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 5: This is the trouble Shooter Show.
Speaker 4: No Tom Martino, all right three oh three seven one three eight two five five three oh.
Speaker 5: Three Martino, we got a lot cooking today on the Troubleshooter Show. You've been ripped off for taking advantage of We want to hear from you. We were talking to Matt with paragun We also have Mark Schumanski with Genesis Total Exteriors, two people that I've used numerous times, honestly, and the work is great with Mark and the gang at Genesis. And then Matt Public Adjuster, two times I've had in the last four four and a half years, where my insurance company said I didn't have roof damage, I didn't have flood damage. Whatever it was Matt came through. One was about eighty thousand. The other is going to be somewhere between forty or fifty. We're at the we're basically at the finish line on that. But we were talking about a hotel he's working on right now. Listen to this. There's a hotel that someone was making math right in the room.
Speaker 1: Making it, smoking it, probably.
Speaker 5: Selling it right. So there's meth in the room, and meth is unbelievable. You realize if like a homeless guy or a meth addic, somebody with math steals your car and smokes meth in it, I don't care what kind of car it is for the most part. I mean, I'm not talking like a Lamborghini or something. But they won't even pay to clean the car. They're going to total it because cleaning up math once it's smoked. I'm not talking about making it in your car smoking it. Most likely it will be totaled and you'll be getting a new car because it costs more to clean. So they offered what insurance company.
Speaker 1: Was nationwide forty thousand, right around forty to clean the room where they thought it originated from.
Speaker 5: Which is impossible. Well, and so Fortrand would I don't even know what you would do.
Speaker 1: It wouldn't touch it. I mean, especially when you consider the contents in the room, the furniture and theytronics and everything, the AC, you know, all of that.
Speaker 5: Not only that that AC could be tied to other rooms.
Speaker 1: Most of those are individual units. So they got that unifying window. But still, yeah, I mean, so so what do you.
Speaker 5: Think you're going to end up getting them? I know it's not finished yet, but what are you shooting?
Speaker 1: I'm thinking eight hundred to nine hundred k because it's going to be like fourteen rooms and then the hallway all gutted, all restored, all the furniture thrown out in replaced thick of that.
Speaker 5: Folks, And they heard Matt on the show over the years, right right, it reached out to you eight or nine hundred thousand. Now for people go in no way, how do you go from forty thousand to eight or nine hundred. I'm going to give you another example of one that's closed and done. There was what was it an office building? It was a huge laboratory and a laboratory, and that was the one because of the Boulder fires, right, so every smoke damage. Yeah, so they didn't get burned down, They just got smoke damage from all the homes it burned down up during the Boulder Fire. And how much did they originally offer them those liberty?
Speaker 1: They threw sixty thousand that down.
Speaker 5: So they said, here, go clean your laboratory for sifty grad floors, wipe the walls and you're good. Yeah, we know a guy come in there, do it all for sixty grads. Sure, so you got involved. God did that come through the show too?
Speaker 1: It did?
Speaker 5: What did that one? Listen to this? Remember the last one he was talking eight or nine hundred thousand. Listen to this one. Go ahead, Matt, six million, six million, and that's done it over. They got six That was a couple of years ago. Yeah, so think about that. I mean, Mark Schamansky, I mean, you deal with it after a helstorm, you deal with roofing, and you deal with insurance. All they do is lie. I mean, honestly, in my opinion, they show up. Is there any of these guys you trust more than others that you deal with let's just say a simple hell claim where it's evident the guy's also got paint damage, siding damage. But all they want to talk about is the roof.
Speaker 11: I mean, yeah, I mean it's a major component of our business is having a person that just does supplements for us.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 11: Yeah, And that's what Nita's job in our office is. And she you know, you forgot this, you got that. We have some pictures and if it gets bad, then we bring that into it.
Speaker 5: How often do you see and I'm talking just the contractor stands now, where you go out after hail and they authorize the roof, it's done, They already called their insurance, they call you to do the roof. How often do you get out there? And they actually did find all the other stuff. They found the chip paint, they found the railings that were messed up. They actually were very forthright with their with their insured about all the damage. Does it ever happen?
Speaker 11: It does happen about eight percent, I would guess eight percent.
Speaker 5: So ninety two percent of the time.
Speaker 10: We're writing supplements.
Speaker 5: You're writing supplements. And I understand on the roof you might not know about the decking tea, you get down. But I'm talking.
Speaker 11: Obviously obviously damage windows, you know, even like deck railing or deck floors that got dimples in it from the hail. Things like that, you know, damage windows, doors, sighting chip paint, susand holes insiding susannder Kelly.
Speaker 5: Who did I put on that one with the skylights? Who was at? I want you to I want you guys to hear this real quick. I forget if deputy boat to meet your You're not on that. Are you on the skylight one? Oh?
Speaker 7: Uh no, but I think it. Carlington Law is going to come on next week to talk with you.
Speaker 5: I want I want you guys, I want your opinions on this. So this skylight company, in fact, they got skylight in their name. That's what they do. They sold this lady a skylight on one of her rental properties. It was leaking. Okay, so about two years ago, it was twenty twenty three, they come out and they sell her two skylights. Okay, a year goes by a year and a half, whatever the timeframe is. Tenant calls up. It's leaking again. So she calls the company up. They've got some kind of warranty, you would think and they say, no, it's not the skylight leaking. It's the flashing around the skylight. It's leaking. And when you bought it, you didn't buy the flashing. All you bought was the skylight just right there. What do you think of that?
Speaker 11: Well, again, can you reuse flashing, Yes, but you got to make sure you're doing it right and you're you know, because there might be little holes from nails before. You got to make sure all that's sealed up. Yeah, but what do you use so much smarter just to put new flashing? Because it costs for a sky that's one hundred bucks for a kid, probably about seventy five actually, and then you're already exposed to it's nothing to put it in.
Speaker 1: It's costing.
Speaker 5: They're saying they're not going to do a damn thing for because she didn't buy flashing.
Speaker 1: Well, it might avoided the warranty. If she didn't do the whole system, it probably did void the warranty. But they're the ones that sold it to her.
Speaker 5: They went out as the skylight experts and said, hey, we can do it for four thousand or whatever the dollar amount was, and basically they did it, and here we are leaking, and they're saying, well, you need all this other stuff, but they're the experts. That's my contention. If you come to me and sell me a roof, and I say, well, I don't want new decking, well and if I need it, you'd be crazy to do my.
Speaker 10: Roof, right, because all of a sudden, the liability.
Speaker 11: I mean, you know, even insurance companies say, oh, we use this, we use that, and we just won't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because they're going to come back on you.
Speaker 11: I mean, what's you know by the time I took it off, it gets bent up. I let's say a ROOFBND. Sometimes they try, they try to say that for years. I'll just reuse them, or reuse your drip edge.
Speaker 5: I get so mad. I get so mad thinking of contractors like that Skylight company. Why wouldn't they just sell it to her in the first place. If she said, hey, I want to save some money, I'm going to look somewhere else. That doesn't mean you cut corners to the fact where the job you do is going to be leaking again. Right, And I'm dying to see what that attorney says, Dimitri when we talk to them, we're gonna have multiple attorneys on Monday. Now, any questions you have with public adjusting, maybe roofing questions, anything, we have one line open three oh three seven one three A two five five. A lot of people don't realize this. Let's say they had the roof done last year, Matt because of a hailstorm. It's done, it's over. That's all they had done was the roof though, and now they're going, hey, I'm listening to this. I ever thought to look at my paint or my siding or other things. You can go back up and open a claim. You don't get a second claim put on you. There's no other penalty. So basically they can reopen it and get a check for all the stuff the insurance company didn't tell them about.
Speaker 1: It, right, usually missing some stuff. I mean a homeowner doesn't have the eye usually for that damage, and the adjuster doesn't have the check book.
Speaker 5: Well, I'll tell you the big one then I promise I'll go to the phones. The one that the one that drives me crazy where they screw people all the time is the window seals because you won't see those little seals broke, but those windows seals got broken a big hailstorm mark if you needed one. The entire front or back of your house redone. All the big windows say it's a nice house. I mean you could easily be fifty sixty grand. Oh you bet for sure without blinking, right, I mean all those windows. And a lot of insurance companies, how often do they point out broken seals? They'll point out a broken window, but the broken seal, right, it never yep, And once that seal's broke, you can't do a damn thing.
Speaker 10: Can Yeah, no, glassans the whole thing.
Speaker 5: It's insane. Hey, put Trese. I'm sorry, Patrese, You'll be second. I'm so sorry, but Kelsey's been holding forever. Kelsey, I got to take a break. I'm going to finish up with you after it. But tell me what's going on with these toll charges.
Speaker 15: It's actually not a toll charge. It's a toll scam. To tell your listeners. So the more dumbed down version is, they'll send you a text from whatever number and they'll say, hey, this toll got charged. They won't really give you a date. You got charged the toll and you need to pay it. Click on this link and pay the toll. And we all know that tolls generally come in the mail and you get the big envelope that's yellow and it says pay your toll.
Speaker 5: So who they're fishing for? Though, if you live in Colorado, we're getting more and more toll roads, we're getting those pass rows, so a lot of people have been on this. They might have crossed over the white line. God help them. Oh my god, let's throw seventy five bucks at them. But whatever it is. When you look at that, if I got texted that, I'd be like, oh boy, I probably did. I probably did, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 15: And the more sophisticated ones will actually sleuth on your Facebook pages or Instagram or online social media and they'll figure out who's been traveling and they'll go, oh, this person's been traveling, or it shows got them in different places.
Speaker 5: Do you fall for it?
Speaker 15: Oh no, no, no. I saw that it was from a random number, and I'm like, the governments or the toll people aren't sending texts randomly. And then I got actually another one in my email that said for a toll and it was from some hotmail. So immediately I was like, I don't think anybody has hotmail anymore.
Speaker 5: My god, I haven't heard that forever.
Speaker 10: Yea, my wife said that too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's the same texts for tolls. You know, that's total bs.
Speaker 15: So people get you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, four seventy. None of these people are going to be texting you for a link to pay a toll. They just simply aren't going to do it. Hey, I appreciate that. That was good advice, Kelsey. When did you receive that?
Speaker 15: By the way, Oh, a couple of weeks ago. And it was actually after I had been on a trip over Christmas. I was out of town for a little while. You were driving up the the the mountains and you could hop over, like you said, into the toll age, and I thought, I was like, did I ever do that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's the first thing I would think. I'll tell you something else about those toll lanes real quick. We can free that up. We're gonna have one line open. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. You've been ripped off, or you want to expose some dirtbag, I mean, really, three oh three Martino, give us a call. But I wandered in my bus one time over into that on I seventy and I looked up and my god, when you start talking multiple axles in that speedway, I mean it could have been one hundred and two hundred dollars. So I got out of there real quick, and I was sure I was going to have something show up, but I was towing it the time, my huge trailer and car, no no plate. There's no way they got me. There was no way. They have no idea who I was. And if you know who it is now, it wasn't me. We'll be right back.
Speaker 13: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 14: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 13: Wait time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: Sorry, folks, three on three seven one three A two five five. We got a couple lines open any questions you have. We've got a ton, and I mean a ton going on right now.
Speaker 7: That was good.
Speaker 5: Information that last lady gave us. I appreciate that. Once again, any scam out there, you know, some mommers, so everybody knows never to buy a gift card, but honestly, people still do it every single day. It's really amazing. Hey, Patrese, what is going on with you?
Speaker 20: I just have just looking for a recommendation from you guys. I know you've talked about on the show before. I just have a friend who has a daughter in college in Florida and Jacksonville, and she has a car out there with her. They drove it out there, but they're looking to have it shipped back at the end of the year because they don't want to put all the miles on it and it's a long drive. So I didn't know if you guys have any I know, you gotta be careful with you know, private transport companies, so I wasn't sure if you guys had anybody.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I do. So here's what I like about JFR Cars. They ship cars all over I mean they ship them all over the country, so they are they're part of like this website or this group of people, these dealers everywhere A lot of dealership everywhere, so you can get on he can get on there and put in from Florida to here, and then they'll get multiple bids and he'll help you put it all together. He doesn't have a problem with that. I mean, he'll make a few bucks off of it, but he's still going to get you the best price. And more importantly, they're people that he's dealt with numerous times over numerous years. So I would call up ride with JFR Cars and basically tell them, you know, you just heard me on the show and I said he could help you out finding a shipper. Okay, that's awesome, Juzanne. You have his number off top of your head, JFR, I sure do.
Speaker 9: It's three zero three five two zero six eight.
Speaker 5: Three nine and you can always find them at referral list dot com. Just go to referral list dot com and you can put in JFR and they'll pop right up for you.
Speaker 20: Patresa, Okay, I really appreciate it than you got it.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 5: Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. We got a couple lines open you've been ripped off or taking advantage of now's a good time to call you. Got any questions about anything. We've got a list of people at referral list dot com that help us out on the show all the time. Any questions for our public adjuster, Matt or a contractor Mark in studio with us. They've both done great, bang up jobs at my house absolutely positively this time of year, though, Mark, there's not much you're doing outside, is there? I'm always still roof Well okay, yeah, that's one of the things you happened.
Speaker 10: And we and we just put in two houses of windows, so yeah.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, how many lines of windows you got.
Speaker 11: Well, we get anything you want. But we have a couple of high end ones. There's one that's made here locally. Who was and of course I just forgot the name of it. And then h Window out of Wisconsin. We're a dealer for them. That's a really cool window. It's a high end.
Speaker 5: Are you doing the home show this year?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 10: Olpen Windows? Sorry? Alpin, Yeah, yeah, I mean Elpin is a phenomenal window.
Speaker 5: They came on quick too.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Well, and they're they're expanding. Uh they start with a triple pane window. They don't have a double pain wow, and so phenomenal doors, phenomenal windows.
Speaker 5: I heard those are almost like a wall.
Speaker 11: In other words, your your your our value is insane.
Speaker 10: And you know, I think if you have a house.
Speaker 11: That you know deserves it, they're not cheap, but the house that deserves it, I would definitely put them in my house.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you can do a free bid on them all day.
Speaker 10: You bet. H wind is really a cool window. It's only an awning window.
Speaker 5: What does that mean?
Speaker 10: It goes like this, Oh, okay, it is so strong that you can actually sit on the wind.
Speaker 5: What are called it's got a crank case.
Speaker 11: You got a casement, a casement casement windows in your house. That's the most energy efficient casement.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 11: Uh, just the way that the design of it and how they see it because you get to crank that and it reallyceals a slider is not as an energy efficient or a double hung as the next one in between those two.
Speaker 5: So when you start getting up into the mountains, well, actually that's when I true pretty much anywhere in Colorado. I mean, you really should have a good window unless you're doing it fixed again.
Speaker 11: You know again, I we're expanding into a winter park and such, and we're gonna be really pushing the LP and window lining up there?
Speaker 7: Nice?
Speaker 10: I mean because replacement windows you're in the mountains. Why wouldn't you.
Speaker 5: I don't know why you wouldn't yeh. Hey Eugene, what's going on with this contractor?
Speaker 8: Hi?
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 5: I'm doing good?
Speaker 3: How are you man? Good? Uh? I was referred by my best window guy, Brian at window works. Okay, So I had a contractor come to my house front right after the May thirtieth helstorm. So he came and promised me the world and said he'd do this and do this and do this.
Speaker 5: Hey, Eugene, where'd you find the contractor?
Speaker 3: Uh? On the side of the road.
Speaker 5: I mean like literally on the side of the road.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was like sitting in his truck. And I was originally signed up with a different root for contractor, and I thought I really needed a general contractor to handle the amount?
Speaker 5: Was he knocking on doors? I mean where was he on this? I mean, where was he in his truck on the side of the road in front of your house or what?
Speaker 3: He was on the side of my house? He was at my I guess he went to my neighbor's house behind me. Got it and then I just you know, just kind of walked up to him and had a conversation with him.
Speaker 5: Did your neighbor And I know I'm asking questions. It might have nothing to do with it, but that's just me. But did your neighbor end up using the same contractor? Yeah? Oh boy?
Speaker 3: Uh? And I refer them like ten people. I refer them to like ten people. And oh my god, I mean the story, the story is pretty long, all.
Speaker 5: Right, hold on, let me take a break. I promise you I go to you first before anybody else. We got a few lines open. They'll get your calls in now three oh three seven one three eight two five five three oh three Martino. You can also email us at help at troubleshooter dot com.
Speaker 13: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 14: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 13: Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer When you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five three oh three Martino. Uh, we're talking to Eugene. We're gonna go right back to him. But Paul the Waterman water systems for less, I can't tell. I can't talk enough about this guy. We bought a softener from him. I called around all the other people. He was more than half price more I think everybody else, which was around eight grand. We dropped about thirty three thirty four hundred bucks with Paul. Great system. Love it, low maintenance. We add salt maybe every I don't know, every five or six months. It's just awesome. The water quality is great. And he's got systems now that only that, not only softened, but check this out. They'll get rid of all the forever chemicals in your entire house, so your water's safe. And you know, just google forever chemicals. It's a good thing to get rid of. But go to waterpros dot netwaterpros dot net. Paul the Waterman, you gene, he hired a contractor. It was after a hell damage, right.
Speaker 3: Eugene, Yeah, correct me thirty.
Speaker 5: And he was at your neighbor's house talking to your neighbor. You went out, you met him, you saw him. What was he going to do besides the roof? How did this go down? Go ahead and tell your story.
Speaker 3: Well, well, how it all went down. I spoke to him and I said, you know, I have quite a bit.
Speaker 5: Of damage on my home.
Speaker 3: I had everything from roofing damage, to siding damage, to paint damage, to window damage, to garage door damage, to a little shutter damage on the house. Uh and all that. And you know, he convinced me and said that he's a general contractor. He said, you should hire a general contractor instead of trying to do this all yourself. So I agreed on that. He came over, took some pictures, did like a hover report on my house.
Speaker 5: So I mark, what's a hover report?
Speaker 11: It measures your whole house, window sizes, trim sizes, facious, sofa, at roof, it does everything is amazing, amazing.
Speaker 5: How did they do it with a drone?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 11: No, we take eight pictures outside of a house and then it's all three D modeled.
Speaker 5: And then it fills in every blank.
Speaker 11: This this software was actually developed by the US government And like when they went and got Saddam, who say, not Sadan, but it was uh no.
Speaker 5: It was now the guy they threw in the ocean.
Speaker 11: Yeah. So they had all the houses around him modeled, and so every day I made a little mock up place and so.
Speaker 10: They knew where they're going in to attack them. And that's the.
Speaker 11: Lot them, thank you, And so that's they used this software for stuff like that.
Speaker 5: Incredible.
Speaker 11: Now it's public domain and uh, this hover has just an amazing job.
Speaker 5: So how much was the total the contractor came up with for all the work or the insurance company? How did that work?
Speaker 3: Well, the insurance company, you know that we had an adjuster come out and that didn't he didn't speak very well, very good English, so we requested another adjuster to come out, and then we got it all settled. But I want to say the total claim with personal property was right around seventy six thousand.
Speaker 5: Or so, seventy six grand. And just give me the basics the roof and.
Speaker 3: What uh the root it was for the roof, gutters, sighting, paints, deck repair.
Speaker 5: Wow, I got it pretty gals. A decent hailstore.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, windows too, obviously and windows.
Speaker 3: Yeah, windows yeah, windows.
Speaker 5: Yep, that's all right, So seventy grand. So what happens now?
Speaker 3: So he's like, I really need to do your house because I'm a corner lot, like at the beginning of the neighborhood, because I really need your house. I really need your house. He goes, I'll do your house for below what the uh not? The actual cash value below that? So I agreed because he wanted to do my house. So he hurried up, got a roof going. Then I worked on getting him referrals because he was like, I'll give you five hundred dollars a referral.
Speaker 5: How much was he going to charge you? We know the claim was seventy how much?
Speaker 1: How much was the actual cash value of that?
Speaker 5: I'm not sure he's using that term right, but that's a good question.
Speaker 3: Hold on, yeah, yeah, the eighth Yeah, well.
Speaker 5: Eugenien, Hold on a second. Was was your coverage only ACV or or were they going to pay for the whole roof?
Speaker 3: Oh no, they're paying for the whole roofs Okay, they really they release release the ACV portion. Yeah, I mean sure, Marcos. They release the ACV portion upfront.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then when it's all done, they give you the difference. Yeah, yeah, they give you the appreciation. So for people listening, when you have a hell claim on a normal policy i'll call it, they give you the actual cash value of your roof. So let's say the roof is twenty thousand for a new one, and it's a twenty year roof and there's ten years on it. They'll give you ten grand up front. But then when it's done and it's finished and you have a brand new roof, they'll give you the other ten grand. So but how much was he going to do all the work for?
Speaker 3: Pretty much, for the size of the roof, he was going to do at a cheaper rate, but everything else was going to be whatever the insurance pace.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But all I'm asking is out of seventy grand, you were supposed to pay him sixty fifty forty.
Speaker 3: What Umm, Probably it's around forty eight thousand, perfect rough. I mean, that's not coming up in my head because he took the ACV portion because he's a liquid cash a liquid company doesn't work on credit. So he took the ACV of the roof, the ac of the gutters, the ACV of the windows, the ACV of this, and the always instead.
Speaker 5: Of referring to him as a liquid company, I would call that a broke company. I mean the reason he has no credit, so he's not Yeah, he's liquid. That's the funniest way I've ever heard that.
Speaker 7: Put.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna start calling broke contractors liquid contractors. I guess it sounds a little nicer, like instead of homeless, they're people experiencing homelessness. This guy was experiencing brokeness. Keep going, Yeah, so.
Speaker 3: I gave him the ACEV value of you know, all the stuff.
Speaker 5: How much was that?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 5: He Uh, I guess it's roughly, I don't know, forty something, all right, So you give him forty something?
Speaker 12: Then what Yeah?
Speaker 3: So so he takes that and he does your roof. Uh and then he procrastinate and didn't do my gutters. Then he got my windows arranged.
Speaker 5: What does that mean to range?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: Well, he found a contractor, Okay, went a really great contractor, found a contractor to do my windows because there was hell damage on it.
Speaker 5: Okay, so he did, he did my windows.
Speaker 3: Then he took a portion of.
Speaker 5: My ACV and and use windows.
Speaker 3: Yeah, windows, And he goes, well, he got thirteen windows, so we'll go ahead and finished the rest.
Speaker 5: So I'm like, okay, that's fine.
Speaker 3: So he did my windows. And after he got my windows, me and my wife felt a little, a little like nervous about this because it just seemed like things were going going bad.
Speaker 5: I don't understand. Hold on, I got to take this break again, Eugene. But I don't understand real quick?
Speaker 12: What what? What was?
Speaker 5: Why did you feel it was going bad? He did the roof and he did the windows. Was the job not good?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 5: Why do you think it was going south?
Speaker 3: Because he was disappearing, disappearing off and on. It's where we couldn't contact him.
Speaker 5: Were the windows done though? And the roof was done?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the windows were done, but he.
Speaker 5: Still had the gutter. What else did he have besides the gutter in some deck work? What else was he going to do?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 12: He was supposed to do.
Speaker 3: The painting. Okay, the siding the deck?
Speaker 5: Was it all new siding? What kind of how much siding?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 3: Quite a bit, you know, because wherever the damage starts, yeah, insurance says fix it from that point up.
Speaker 10: Wow.
Speaker 5: Okay, hold on, hold on, man, that's I wonder when this is going Mark, you know a little about this? Did the guy ever do the siding.
Speaker 10: I that I don't know. I mean, I know Brian does a lot of my window installs.
Speaker 5: So oh he does the windows. Yeah, that's why he said he picked a great window company. I thought he went out of the way to say.
Speaker 11: I was like, no, no, I didn't do the windows or anything. But Brian works for this guy too, or did work for this I.
Speaker 5: Got you installing windows, right, yeah, I got you. Hold on, everybody, go.
Speaker 13: With a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five three oh three Martino, we got a few lines open, Eugene. I want to dive right back into this. So this guy basically did the roof, did the windows. He still hasn't done the siding. Where do we sit right now? What is not done at your house that he's supposed to be doing.
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: I mean after he disappeared for like three months or so, and he letters to all the neighbors, He's saying letters to all the neighbors, coming up in the excuse, saying he was ill. When I found out from his back office manager he was in Florida.
Speaker 7: Fishing, deep sea fishing.
Speaker 3: So he disappeared for like three months, and then finally some random project manager that he hired showed up and I just told him that I'm done. I said, you know, I already started taking care of my siding myself.
Speaker 5: Well, were you guys even at this point meaning whatever? You have played him?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah yeah, because he kept like the like I said, ACV value.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but hold on, Eugene, does he think that no, how much does he think he wowe him?
Speaker 3: Oh he's already he's saying that I know him fifteen thousand dollars. And the project manager who he fired once he owed him commission told me that DJ thinks he's owed at all. And I was like, no, he's not. I said, he got it all up front with the eight with all the other projects paying them for the front end, and that the depreciation at the end. He said, when we get your depreciation, we'll work on it from there. You make a decision where you want to go from there, and we'll fix whatever you want to fix. And it got to the point where I wasn't hearing back from him, So you.
Speaker 5: Know, I had to start how many other people? How many other people are in the exact same place right now?
Speaker 3: Okay, so the other people were, They're in the same quite a few of them were in the same place, but they had deposits on their windows.
Speaker 5: Did they get their windows?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: Well, I contacted his attorney, because you know, I represented all of these people. I contacted his attorney and just told his attorney that you know, there's gonna be a lawsuit with everybody in this community if he doesn't start doing their projects. So he got upset that I called his attorney, and now he's showing and everybody else wants to finish their project.
Speaker 5: His attorney though, how did you know he even had an attorney? What I mean, why does he have an attorney? I don't how'd you know he had an attorney?
Speaker 3: Oh? I found I found out that he has an attorney through a project manager that he fired, who also in litigation to get paid.
Speaker 5: I got you. So he has an attorney because other people are suing him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, so everybody else has money, so they're just kind of like weighing it, waiting at out.
Speaker 5: So now DJ is.
Speaker 3: Showing up out of nowhere because he's getting nervous and is going around and installing everybody's windows.
Speaker 5: Now, well that's good, Dan though, I mean he's finishing those jobs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you know there was one neighbor. He threatened them with a lien on their home when it was paid in full.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's threatening me. How's he threatening you? What's he threatening to do? Lee in the house?
Speaker 3: Well not, and plus other things. He's like what that He goes, I got pictures of your house because he took cover cover pictures. Yeah, which are just faith faith the pictures from.
Speaker 5: All right, hold on, hold on three oh three, Martina, one hour ago. We'll get back. I heard he was threatening your life.
Speaker 13: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies.
Speaker 5: Find out Now three oh three seven seven to one help.
Speaker 13: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Ripped News.
Speaker 5: So you don't have.
Speaker 2: Runious as we can. Shoot 's gonna help.
Speaker 4: Come man, this is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martinez, Welcome, Welcome.
Speaker 5: To the only show It's kind. We're here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints, try to make your life just a little bit better. We're talking to Eugene. Hey Eugene, what I would like to do and I just need to catch people up just real quick. Basically, hired a contractor. The guy disappeared for three months, didn't have the job finished, gave every excuse in the world. According to Eugene, he found out from one of the guy's ex employees he was actually in Florida basically for the fishing season. Deep sea fishing and the guy just wasn't working out. You started doing some of your own siding and basically told the guy to kiss off. You feel like you paid him enough for the work that he did complete. He feels as if you owe him more money, right, correct? How long ago? When does the last time he worked on your property?
Speaker 3: September?
Speaker 5: Well, I've got somewhat good news and he's past the point of where he's going to lean you. Now if that was the last time he's worked there, so I wouldn't be worried about a lean. And if you haven't paid him and he doesn't owe you money, and you know, he would have to take you to court and he would basically have to prove to a judge that you owe him money and get a judgment and then go after you to collect a judgment. I mean, you're you're in a position. A lot of people that call this show aren't in a lot of people overpaid or already paid him the money and got nothing done. You're actually in a decent position. You just got to prove most likely, just have to prove the value of what he did equaled what he already got paid.
Speaker 3: Right, and he's extorting me as well, there's criminal charges.
Speaker 5: How's he extorting you?
Speaker 3: Because he sent me emails saying that if you don't pay me this, I'm going to Uh. He's literally saying, I'm going to tell your insurance company that you broke all your windows, which is totally a fictional lie.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean, okay, but who cares then it? Who cares if he tells your insurance company that did you show that to the cops?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I showed that to the police.
Speaker 5: I mean that is extortion, and in a little bit of a way that could possibly be framed that way. I mean, this guy sounds like he's kind of crazy. Let me ask you this. If I talk to him, would he tell me that you legitimately owe him the money and he's pissed, and that you legitimately broke the windows?
Speaker 3: He probably wouldn't knowing him because he worked on scare tactics. And I found out that from the project managers who got fired and didn't get paid for their commissions. He said that they work on scare tactics like a prior contractor. His his his family got threatened because as soon as as soon as that guy owes commission, he fires his Probably.
Speaker 5: Can we call him? Would you give us what's his name? Dj blythe do you mind if we call him?
Speaker 12: Sure?
Speaker 5: All right, hold on a second, Kelly, to me a favorite get dj On. I'd love to hear his side of the story. I don't know, you know what's going on here. I don't know if the value of the work. I think what we really need is someone to look at it and say, Okay, the roof would be X amount, the windows would be X amount. He received twenty five thousand, and this this work would have been twenty five thousand.
Speaker 1: Look at his insurance estimate. That's very easy, and.
Speaker 5: That would have all that it would Actually, I bet he has that too, Hey, Kelly or Dragon, tell her to ask him to send over the insurance info as well so we can see what was done and look at the pricing on it. But I'd love to hear his side of this story. I really would. I mean, do you guys ever come up with just in your business as contractors? Have you ever seen a guy bust his own windows out? I mean, that's like kind of crazy.
Speaker 11: Actually was a funny one. It actually was a door knocker that and the guy caught him on ring coming up and knocking on the door and then said, oh, let's get a little more damage on your house. And again the person answer the phone and they wrote on the sheet, oh, I see you have window damage. But the dumb door knocker actually did it on the and there was a cover over the front door, so there's no way Hale could have hit that.
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 10: They had him on ring damaging the door and they hit the window.
Speaker 5: Why would he do that?
Speaker 10: Just an idiot? And I don't I can't remember.
Speaker 7: This was on the show.
Speaker 5: So the homeowner had nothing to do with it.
Speaker 10: Right, No, had nothing to it.
Speaker 11: There wasn't that on this show too, that some roofer wud go up or the roofers goes up on the roof and starts tearing shingles off.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was on this I think that happens a lot, these door knockers. I can't stand door knockers. Listen. You know, if your neighbor's roof's getting done by that company and they want to come over and talk to you or you engage with them, that's one thing. But these big big companies, man, let face that they show up from Texas. In fact, they're just you know, Matt you're, you know, being a public adjuster. I know other public adjusters. I know one named Freddie that I knew years and years ago that would come on the show. But this is all Freddie does. Wherever the storm is is where Freddie's at. So Freddie's in Texas and Florida and Oklahoma. I mean Freddie jumps around for the company he works for, right and you know that's it. I mean Freddie's not here later on in the day, I mean he's gone. And some of these roofers are the same way. They show up Mark. I can't think of the name of the huge one, but there's one that's massive all over the country and they just have salespeople that show up after a hell storm. But the problem is you have any work that needs to be done, any kind of warranty work.
Speaker 1: They're gone.
Speaker 5: They're gone. Man, You've got to like figure out where they are when they get back, and most likely you're not going to see him again until there's another storm.
Speaker 11: They're the area. There's a lay that owned Genesis Room. I'm Genesis totally sterious for Genesis Rufy. She sold the rights to her name to it out of state company and they did half ass work and sure enough get calls. We really didn't because it was it was separate. But then then also she's getting these calls and she goes, well, I let somebody else use my name.
Speaker 10: And then she well, we got a problem with the roof. It's your name, and she goes she went out of business.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, she got like tenant, nothing to.
Speaker 10: Do, nothing to do that.
Speaker 11: She got ten grandfront for using her name and her license and put bankrupt.
Speaker 7: Oh my god.
Speaker 10: So there's a lot of scum out there.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, it's crazy. What's like, what was the biggest storm this year?
Speaker 10: It wasn't. I mean, it was just okay, I mean it's not a big year.
Speaker 1: No, we had spotty storms, you know, not one big massive.
Speaker 5: Step fires we have any We really didn't have any fires.
Speaker 12: Do we know?
Speaker 11: The year before this we finally had it that was decent. But prior to that was four years with no storm. So it was nice because we've got a lot of really a lot of scum.
Speaker 5: How about it, Like California of those fires. I mean, do you ever go, hey, I'm going to go out there.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at it. Yeah, But luckily I can do a lot of that remotely.
Speaker 5: Well, most of that is going to be just complete loss, a.
Speaker 1: Lot of that, but a lot of smoke claims too. So I've got.
Speaker 5: Contract lot of money in the smoke clams for you.
Speaker 1: No contractors out there that I have relationships with, and I can work these claims remotely with their feedback.
Speaker 5: Got a lot of people don't even realize they have smoke damage, right, I mean like a lot. There's probably people with smoke damage still from the Boulder fires have no idea.
Speaker 1: Well, you got to do is test it, you know, and it'll tell you that the results will tell you how about it is.
Speaker 5: And that's it, and then you get hell hold of the insurance company.
Speaker 1: Well I can get the insurance company to pay for the test usually.
Speaker 5: You know, Boulder, they were what was it, ninety eight percent were underinsured?
Speaker 15: Right?
Speaker 5: Did you work some of those?
Speaker 1: A bunch of those?
Speaker 5: Did you work any that were just full total losses?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And so there's a category called building extension in the policy, So that helped offset the underinsured part somewhat, but a lot they're still under Yeah, a lot of people are just upside down.
Speaker 5: So in other words, when all said and done, they still whatever on their mortgage of course, and the cost to rebuild they have to come out of pocket. I mean they just simply didn't have the coverage.
Speaker 10: That's it.
Speaker 5: And I've been a lot of businesses were put under with that.
Speaker 10: Well.
Speaker 1: A lot of people use their personal property coverage to help reconstruction. So in other words, if they're at their house burned to the ground, they got two hundred thousand in stuff. Yeah, use that to help, you know, offset the delta.
Speaker 10: You can buy your stuff little by little, right, God.
Speaker 5: The insurance game is crazy, man, it really is crazy. All right, folks. We got some lines open three O three seven one three eight two five five. Kelly's going to try to get that contractor on hold tight.
Speaker 13: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: All right, three oh three seven one three A two five five three oh three Martino, You've been ripped off taking advantage of Hey, Kelly, did we reach out to that contractor?
Speaker 21: We sure did.
Speaker 5: Did you talk to him?
Speaker 17: I did?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 7: You did?
Speaker 5: And just to hold on to remind people, Eugene says, this guy's trying to shake him down for extra money, trying to extort them. He's actually threatening people, according to Eugene. And what did he have to say? I was dying to hear his side of the story.
Speaker 21: Yeah, So turns out there is He can't really talk about it right now because he's working his lawyer is working with Eugene's lawyer.
Speaker 5: Eugene, did you hire an attorney? Stay on, Kelly? Hello, did you hire an attorney?
Speaker 13: I have?
Speaker 3: I have this thing called attorney insurance.
Speaker 5: Okay, I understand, Keep going, Kelly.
Speaker 21: So he actually indicated that he would come on. Oh good, but he just can't come on until Monday because his attorney, his counsel is working with Okay, Jean's counsel.
Speaker 5: But he did say that there might be a possible.
Speaker 21: Counter suit for slander and some things that Eugene has been doing in the neighborhood that he feels is unfair.
Speaker 5: Well, Eugene, you realize it talked to that everybody listening out there. You know, you just can't lie, I mean, slanders if you're lying about something. If Eugene came on and said, oh, this guy's you know, he's been arrested for you know, assault on a child or something like that, and it's fabricated, that's actionable. You should never do that. But if Eugene's telling his neighbors, and I'm just telling this for people listening, if you tell your neighbors, I can't stand the job I did. I can't stand working with the guy. He was gone for X amount of time. There's no problem with that. In fact, if it's all true, there's no problem buying a billboard and putting it on a billboard for that matter. So there's no issues there. So, I mean, everything you've told us is true, right, Eugene. I mean, I can't think of anything that he's said that I would call libelists.
Speaker 21: He also mentioned insurance fraud.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, Eugene said he's threatening to call the insurance company and say that he busted out all his windows. I mean, or insurance companies. Guys that dumb? Can they tell that? Ever, it's between someone throwing a rind through their window and hail damage.
Speaker 1: They're going to have the report of the window damage from their side visit, so that that's out the window.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it's kind of crazy. I mean I wouldn't worry about that. I mean, Eugene, I'm not sure, Like, what's he going to do?
Speaker 15: Well?
Speaker 3: Well, what he did is he I'm sure you know he knows about However, reports where they take like pictures of your home from like the sidewalk. So what he's trying to say is that he took pictures from the sidewalk, he doesn't see any damage, and now he's going to turn around and tell them that I damaged my windows and my house falls in line with every house in the neighborhood.
Speaker 5: Why would you even Why are you even giving this any other thought? I like where you're at on this because you have an attorney involved. They're talking to his attorney. He doesn't owe you money, so you don't have to worry about losing money in this deal. Let the attorneys kind of work it out. But the bottom line is the guy's going to have to sue you. And if he's threatening you, I do exactly what you did. I'd call the police. Now I didn't think to ask you that, But is it possible? Did you get a temporary restraining order on this guy?
Speaker 3: When I spoke to my attorney, he said, we have to wait and see because they're trying to get them for extortion, because it's kind of like a rare case that he's threatening you with something to get you to do something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it is. That is a form of extortion in my non legal opinion.
Speaker 7: Yep.
Speaker 3: So the police are investigating it and they're going through it today tomorrow, and they're gonna have some detectives in there. I sent them the emails that he sent me, which I also sent you.
Speaker 5: Was there was there more than just the window thing? Was there more kind of veil threats or what I'm gonna Uh?
Speaker 3: There was a point where he was saying, good luck ever getting insurance again. You're never going to be able to insurance. Sure you're home?
Speaker 10: Wow this guy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I sent him two emails. I mean, he's why he man, this guy can create stories up like you couldn't believe.
Speaker 5: I'd loved it. I loved to talk to them. Let me make sure we have all your information. I put them on hold. We're gonna have them on Monday. According to him, Well, you know, we enter into this stuff with the benefit of the down Guys, how many times, Dmitri Susan, how many times do we hear one side of the story and then it's like a completely different world on the other side.
Speaker 9: Mark it happens.
Speaker 8: For sure.
Speaker 5: This guy sounds straight up.
Speaker 10: But man, I will say too, the Hubb report is really hard.
Speaker 11: In those pictures seeing damage. You have to get up close pictures a Hubb report, you're standing far away from that.
Speaker 5: It's not even made for that.
Speaker 10: No it's not. But I mean they have to measure the house, not seed damage in them.
Speaker 11: It's absolutely where said pictures from the insurance company. They're gonna have their own picture.
Speaker 5: And most of the windows with hail damage are more of the seals, right, I mean, you don't find.
Speaker 11: Like sometimes you get, you know, especially vinyl windows, you actually get holes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you're not gonna have like every window blown out, right. It won't be the glass necessarily, it'll be the frame of the window.
Speaker 10: Ship.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I wonder if people have ever got like it just sounds crazy, but like frozen paintballs and then just go up and hit their siding or something. I mean, that's like outright theft. But I bet this stuff happens all the time.
Speaker 11: We've only been part of that once where somebody actually went on the roof and took rocks and hit the roof, and then they tried blaming us.
Speaker 10: I'm like, no, it was here when the adjuster came here. We didn't do that.
Speaker 5: That's crazy. Yeah, it's people are nuts, man. I mean, that's big time trouble. You get caught for insurance fraud and I don't think Eugene there's any case against him there. That's not what I'm saying. But I mean you can get in big trouble and I bet you can't get insurance after that. I mean, really, I'd like to ask compass at just for the hell of it, actually do me a favor and get Compass on. We got one line open. By the way, three h three Martino, Hey, I really appreciate you holding so long. Jay Jay. What's going on with your mom's house?
Speaker 8: Okay, So here's this is just me having some very interesting suspicions about some family members. I personally you don't get along with real well or trust a lot.
Speaker 5: So let me give you this.
Speaker 7: This is weird.
Speaker 8: When my mom died, my one of my sisters is the executor, so she's does other thing. The house gets sold, and it was sold, in most of our opinions, way too cheap, but whatever, we weren't the bosses. So right shortly after that, my brother sends me a link to something that shows that the household like sixty days later for about a half a million more then it sold out of the estate got it And I went, whoa, okay, because my brother and noun sister are very deep pocket, say I suspect. I'll just come out with it that they bought the house keep from my sister's slash estate and flipped it for way, way, way more.
Speaker 5: And how long after they purchased it, like, give me a time frame.
Speaker 8: About sixty days?
Speaker 5: Oh my god? So how much did how much did the state sell it for?
Speaker 8: About six hundred and then.
Speaker 5: How much did they sell it for sixty days later?
Speaker 8: A little over a million? Two?
Speaker 5: Well that's crazy, I mean, there's a. I mean, that's crazy.
Speaker 8: I thought so too.
Speaker 5: So did you ask them, like, what the hell's going on?
Speaker 8: Well, I've been kind of stewing on this one a little bit, so I got on my baptop and I googled the address. Now get this on every single real estate site Google Maps. It doesn't matter where you go. Yeah, the house is black out. If you go to the earl of you, the house is black, the cars are black.
Speaker 5: I've seen that before. I've seen that. I don't know how they do that, but I have seen that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you can do that. Google offers do that option.
Speaker 5: All this weirdness in my How long ago did this transpire? Jay? This sale this household.
Speaker 8: In the last year.
Speaker 5: So once sister tell me again, breakdown who sold it to?
Speaker 2: Who?
Speaker 8: Okay, I'm guessing, I'm because I'm suspicious. I'm guessing the sister running the estate sold it to another sister had a very very very discounted rate.
Speaker 5: Well, I get the discounted rate, But how come you don't know who the estate sold it to?
Speaker 8: Because I'm I'm in no loops with anything there. I'm just a little peono.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but weren't you supposed to get a cut?
Speaker 19: Oh?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I got my I got my fair share of what little was left after my sister.
Speaker 5: Hold On, man, I want to get this is this sounds really crazy? Can you get Mackenzie on for me? Hold type, man, hold on, Let's get one of our attorneys on just to run this scenario by him. I don't understand why this guy can't figure out how much the estate sold it for exactly and who they sold it to. I mean, I can't figure out why that wouldn't happen. I think that would be public record.
Speaker 7: Hey, Mark, I think he does know how much it's sold for. He just doesn't know to whom. But yeah, but he can verify all of that. He can go to the authority that records.
Speaker 5: Or something.
Speaker 7: Well, you can look up the LSC and the Secretary of States office to see if you can draw a connection between.
Speaker 5: You might be able to. I mean, but if these guys are this kind of crazy, Hey, Eugene, really quick, while we get our attorney on, let me ask you this. Did you go to the county and see who it's sold to?
Speaker 10: That's j Eugene, is the contract?
Speaker 5: Oh oh my goodness, I am so sorry. I had a Martino moment. Hey, Jay, did you go Did you actually go to the county to see.
Speaker 8: I honestly a little bit naive about that stuff. I wouldn't actually know how to follow the money.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, I don't care about that. Hold on, hold on, Kelly, get his address and then you can run to the county and just look up the address, Dimitri, you and how to do that?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 5: Oh, I can do it. Three oh three seven one three A two five five. I just need the address. Everybody hold tight, James a victim of discrimination. We're going to dive into that and then hopefully we get our attorney onto Helthare. Everybody hold hold, hold TIGHTE.
Speaker 13: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up, free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five three oh three Martino, make sure we have all Eugene's information. I want to get him back on Monday with that person. Kelly and Eugene. Really, I don't think you have much to worry about. The guy doesn't know you money, and that's it. By the way, you should listen to the show through YouTube. And I say that because during the breaks you can hear us talk and you can see our beautiful faces, including my beautiful wife. I don't know about you guys, actually I say that. Okay, let's be honest, freaking Matt, right, I mean, Matt dear. Okay, So I got to tell this story real quick, and I'll go right to the phones. But the second time you came out to help me on the claim we're dealing with now, which by the way, we just finished literally during the show, I'm getting forty grand and originally I was going to get zero. Now we got forty. I'll probably take the forty. But so he comes out after they declined me altogether. They didn't even come out to my house. He demands that they send an adjuster out. So knock, knock, knock, I'm there. I'm doing the show. You guys know where my home studio is, so I'm in my home studio. Matt's already there. This woman comes to the door and Matt opens the door and he's like, I'm Matt, and you can just tell she already thinks Matt's cute. Okay by the time, by the time he's done just smoothing her over. Dmitri, I don't know how else to put it. We all had that one friend that was really good with the ladies, the one that you just don't even understand, and it comes down to, you're just uglier. I mean, really, that's what it comes down to. Matt's not ugly, he's not. In fact, who does he look like to you, Susan?
Speaker 9: People say he looks like Bradley Cooper.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Bradley Cooper.
Speaker 1: There's no doubt he doesn't look like I'm not paying these guys to say that.
Speaker 5: No, you're not. And his physique is nice. What movie were you in?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 1: Who Into the Wild?
Speaker 5: Into the Wild? And who were you doubling for?
Speaker 1: Emil Hirsh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, So I mean the guy just whatever. So he's done schmooth and her remember she wouldn't give me a nickel, Her company wouldn't give me a dime. By the time she left, she was willing to write me an eighteen thousand dollars check. Okay, so zero to Mark, zero to Mark. Matt schmoozes her a little, and you can say what you want. Now, even if it was a guy, I would say, you're handsome enough to win him over to to win him over to. Well, it works. It shouldn't be that way, It really shouldn't. No, But I mean you've what I really learned about him in all honesty is if you need a public adjustre, there's a lot of people out there that do nothing. Matt literally performs. I mean, Matt understands how these people think what they're doing. You kind of told me there's a big difference dealing with an independent one compared to dealing with say, all state that's got an in house one. So you know what you're up against. There's a lot of calculations, there's a lot of things to get in there. But if you've been declined, and I want to say this, and I promise I'll go to the phones, if you had Haildam mention what the last year guys, yep, and you were either denied altogether. I want you to call Matt or if you add hail damage and you decided not to do anything. In other words, you don't know if you have damage or not. You saw a couple of people in the neighborhood maybe getting a new roof. You've kind of eyeballed up there and it looks fine to you. But if you don't know, you have one year to get that claim in right.
Speaker 10: That was the end of May, right, yep, end of May.
Speaker 5: That's coming up real quick.
Speaker 10: Now's the time if you think you'll go out literally for free genesis.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 11: The first step but was just to call us, yes, and then you know, obviously if you think of something big, go ahead and call Matt first.
Speaker 5: Sure, that's fine, complete denial, you call Matt first, right, but you.
Speaker 10: Just have us to go inspect it first, just to see if freeing.
Speaker 8: Yep.
Speaker 5: And not only will Mark look at the roof, but like I said, they're gonna look at the siding, they're gonna look at the paint, they're gonna look at the deck. People get damage to their fence they don't even think about. And fencing is a fortune now that's a big check yep. So they're going to look at Everything's my point. And then if the insurance company gives them any crap, Mark will get Matt involved. But if you've been denied, if you literally called up and they said no, no, no, trust me. They've done it to me twice in four years. It happens all the time. I don't care if it's commercial, residential people with smoke damage. If you've been denied or not sure but think something's going on, you call these guys. So I'm going to give you a couple phone numbers. One, how come I don't see markup here? You over wrote Mark's number. Mark, It's no big deal. But Genesis Total Exteriors, give me your number for the free inspection.
Speaker 11: Reeal three six seven nine eight five O nine again three O three six seven nine eight five O nine.
Speaker 5: And you can always go to referral list dot com and just type in Genesis boom you'll have their number free inspection, not just the roof anything. And then if you've been denied, I want you to call Matt Stanford Paragonservices dot com. Right, Matt, it is That's what I thought Paragonpaservices dot com. But seven to one nine seven to six zero zero twenty he can work anywhere in Colorado seven to one nine seven two six zero zero twenty. Outright denials commercial claims where you think you got ripped off? Call these guys?
Speaker 9: Hey, Mark, you wanted Brian Burns on for you?
Speaker 8: Gen?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, real, so you got Brian.
Speaker 9: Burns on a bit.
Speaker 5: Nothing to do Brian, nothing to do with the call. It made me want to ask you a question. If you are accused and proven to be guilty of insurance fraud like throwing a rock through the window and claim and hail damage and the insurance company catches you red handed on video, could you still buy insurance? Or is that on your clue report and it's not gonna happen or it's never happened.
Speaker 7: What do you know?
Speaker 19: No, there wouldn't be any record for insurance companies that are kept based off insurance fraud. Obviously that's just criminals, a criminal letter level. So you're you're dealing with courts, you know what.
Speaker 5: That's that's crazy though, That wouldn't show up on a clue report.
Speaker 19: Yeah, there's not even I've never even seen me where you would put something like that, you see the claim amount, I got it, what the claim is, and so that you might have to explain it to an underwriter. But it doesn't unless unless you're going to the carrier that actually had the claim and had the claim notes, you wouldn't know.
Speaker 5: Great info. I appreciate that. Brian, Brian Burns Compass Insurance. I've used him, my god, fifteen years now. They reshop everything for me every year. Call them if you haven't switched insurance for a while. Three oh three nine nine six nine thousand, Compass insurance dot com. Now, James, before I go to break here, James, I want to know what exactly is going on? What kind of discrimination? What are you talking about?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 16: I was let go because a female said something.
Speaker 15: About me and I was told because it's a DEI thing that I need to keep.
Speaker 10: My mouth shut.
Speaker 5: And uh so you got fired because a woman went to some form of boss of yours and reported something you did and then you were fired. Is that why they told you you were fired?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 18: No, the company was going to have layoffs.
Speaker 5: So okay, hold on a second. That's a lot different if they actually said he was fired and it was a he said. She said that could lead down one path. But now I understand Jay, you hold tight too. Hopefully we can help you. But if not, JA, I promise I got you first thing in the morning. Hold on, everybody, go.
Speaker 13: With a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three nine two zero sixteen twenty two