Speaker 1: W LW. Good Evening, Gary Jeff Walker on this February third, twenty twenty five, parkening back sixty six years as we start tonight's show, and the show's pack got lots of great stuff, but we're going to start with American history on the radio and the day the music died, the day.
Speaker 2: When you say goodbye, the day when you made me come.
Speaker 3: You know, it's a lot.
Speaker 4: The day that.
Speaker 1: Was quite a day for fans of Buddy Holly, the Big Bopper, Richie Vallens, and tonight we open up with an archived internet broadcast from KYSD nine to ninety AM and Wichita Falls, Kansas by a guy named Snuff Garrett, who went on was a good friend of Buddy holly'spack in Lubbock, Texas, but went on to be an incredible hit making record producer for years for Share, Sonny and Share, and I mean so many that I can't even mention. But he decided to do an on air tribute that night after the plane had crashed carrying those legendary three performers. And here's a little bit of that, including with Buddy's manager Norman Petty and also the drummer for the Crickets, Jerry Allison snuff Garrett remembering Buddy, Holly Patty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is stuff Garrett and can't Buddy and which talkball?
Speaker 5: Fine, thank you, And I don't know I never met you personally, but everyone knew in the recording industry is the miker and founder of the Crickets, Buddy in the point.
Speaker 4: And of course you've had a lot of it.
Speaker 6: You had a lot to do with that coup, you know, Thank you very Buddy was a great guy, and he was probably one of the finest young talent.
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 5: And he started out, you know, you know, not doing too much around the love, just uh trying like twenty eight thousand other boys did.
Speaker 4: And he was lucky enough to make it, of course, with your help. Uh what uh h have you gotten any other word on on uh? What what's happened up there?
Speaker 7: What's not the only thing I have received? Uh a college point from Indiana, Uh from one of.
Speaker 8: Our radio stations plants up there after he said that, uh.
Speaker 7: The only thing he had heard was that the plane what a private plan that uh the three other fellas have a pilots. So there was poor as far as we cat gatted.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there wy uh Richie Allen's and the Big bober Ride and Buddy and I believe the pilots, Yeah, the pilot too.
Speaker 9: Huh.
Speaker 5: Uh, well, Buddy had been playing he played a shott there last night and he's did I see and uh and there's only his way to the next time.
Speaker 4: Uh, let's see. Uh No, how long has blood he been married?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 7: Well, let see, Uh he's taught me off guard.
Speaker 4: I I out very long now, it's about about four months.
Speaker 7: I probably four or.
Speaker 4: Five or four or five months and.
Speaker 5: Uh his words, his wife in New York, see New York, she's.
Speaker 4: In New York.
Speaker 7: I'm I'm I'm certainly sorry about it.
Speaker 5: And uh and uh I'm I'm I'm very sorry that.
Speaker 10: You don't bother you like that.
Speaker 7: Well, uh, things like that happened or the nothing and we could.
Speaker 4: Be to a cl room princestan.
Speaker 7: Well, wonder why anything like it do happen?
Speaker 6: Notssarily, of course, there's always bound to be a reason somewhere.
Speaker 4: Uh n none does does. But he have many more records McCanns, and he have.
Speaker 8: Two more uh that we did in New York.
Speaker 7: You know, he usually why you or nobody Taul ankus uh tall.
Speaker 6: Al ideas, right, who'll have two of us who have done at the same time, and that I have uh whole probably something here at mccam here at quote, I say, uh, he was supposed to go and put up.
Speaker 7: A station for next week. Oh uh you know Iver, the one that we been there and the one that I have here, the only one that we player. I say, well he uh.
Speaker 4: Uh, I I guess uh you'll you'll well you putting most of those out.
Speaker 8: I hope you will some of those out.
Speaker 4: The last all he had record there?
Speaker 7: What you like to raf? Hey? I? Uh, what you we he talk about?
Speaker 11: What to comment all?
Speaker 8: I said, Uh, but uh, I'm sure that he just get to.
Speaker 7: The ridicu New York over there.
Speaker 11: Weld good.
Speaker 10: Oh uh, mister Paty, thank you very much for talking to us, I said, I appreciate it.
Speaker 7: Thank you for calling.
Speaker 8: Oh right, good up now.
Speaker 4: Sorrman Petty, the manager of uh Buddy Holly in the.
Speaker 9: Cricket Buddy thought a million dollars with a Norman Petty because he owed him everything in the world to getting started. Norman took care of all of his money and uh everything he made, uh decided what to do with his money. He invested, and he was he wasn't gonna let him be an overnight sensash.
Speaker 4: And then you know, uh, a lot of the guys that they have two or three hit records and uh maybe even one, they make a fortune all of it, and uh pretty soon it's all gone again. But Norman wasn't gonna let that happened to buddy.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 4: But he had his money invested in in in different firms and things like uh uh uh record shops he was joining about. He called me one day and uh he talked about record shops and and uh what he wanted to do with some of his money. And uh, you know, he he wasn't gonna be uh here today gone tomorrow. He liked the feeling the money, and he was gonna make sure he's happy. And uh, there's more of the guys who think they had like that, you know, than he had a lot of the look like it. But uh, I think one of the greatest stories in the world is how the Crickets wrote That'll be to day.
Speaker 7: But he's best friend in high school.
Speaker 4: Well, Jerry Allison us as a drummer for the Crickets, and you'll hear Jerry in a little while. Jerry and Buddy's you know.
Speaker 9: We're real good friends in high school.
Speaker 4: And all through high school and and uh they lived in a lot together, and uh, the families are real good friends. And Jerry uh would like to write songs, you know, and he had a girl in California and uh.
Speaker 3: He uh he wrote a song one day far and uh, of course you've already heard it, Peggy Sue. Jerry wrote Peggy Sue, and then Buddy helped him out with it and they changed it up and became a million seller that were to be forgotten.
Speaker 4: And uh, not too long ago, I think you remember when uh we had Buddy Holly day here at cas why He Radio, and Buddy and the guys came down after their uh last trip in New York and they.
Speaker 10: Were on he had Sullivant Show.
Speaker 4: They came down and did their TV show that this last summer, and uh, we're going down for a couple of days, and and uh he was married two days before that the peg, he said, So you know, I sort of a vicious circle there. And uh, speaking of I I asked known him about uh uh about Buddy being married.
Speaker 7: And I only met his wife one time.
Speaker 4: She's realnicee Uh, but he's then twenty two years of age. He he he left uh by of you know, he got married six.
Speaker 11: Months and uh his wife, she was living in New York.
Speaker 4: They were married last August fifteenth. And her name is uh Maria Elena Santiago. She's a receptionist and uh uh but he told her to stop working and everything. He wanted her to stop working because he had another money to support him, and uh she told him no, she wanted to keep on working, you know, since uh, you know when they he's on the road so much and everything that uh she might as well keep working. And she was in the business does you're working? So the music company in New York, which uh published a lot of Buddies is and uh uh after six months it it's all gone the whole time. And uh, but one that was good to you a while ago, when uh the first big year they had, Uh, Jerry and Buddy went to see a a show called The Searchers with John Wayne. Remember a cowboy picture called The Searchers starring John Wayne. All the way through it, somebody say, yuh say, uh, but you know I'm going to kid here. John Wayne, and he'd say that'll be the day. Everything was, that'll be the day.
Speaker 8: That'll be the day.
Speaker 4: So they left the show and uh, Jerry said, let's write a song called That'll be the day. And they did, and uh, hey, that's pretty clever. Buddy uh wrote a lot of songs and uh uh you know a sort of trade. I like Paul Acker. He's recorded Pollack at team this time and uh uh he he They talught very much of each other because you know on the road that he depended on each other and everything. This is Jerry Allison, uh, who was Buddy's drummer and his very very closest friend.
Speaker 8: We talked to, uh Jerry.
Speaker 4: Uh, I guess it's been about uh an hour and a half ago. Jerry, hell us, ma'am, how you do it?
Speaker 12: Man?
Speaker 1: Well listen?
Speaker 4: Well hear about Buddy while to go on very shorty Gary.
Speaker 3: I was Offrey shocked man and uh listen Jerer, What to listen?
Speaker 4: Jerer?
Speaker 2: What to listen?
Speaker 1: Ger?
Speaker 4: What t listen? Ger? Very shorty hearing? I was Offrey shocked man and uh listen Jerier?
Speaker 3: What just listen?
Speaker 4: Ger? What the heary? He say over here? He came to the here and started.
Speaker 8: Uh over there when he's going where, Well they'll be in outside to live there here in the south, you know, and let him live up there, and so uh we walt with him at uh we're in love. Get the time it happened.
Speaker 4: The alder to you will still play his cricket smell no one.
Speaker 8: I don't know what would this now?
Speaker 4: You don't know yet? I sure do. Well, Uh, I'm I'm very short of hear Gerry, Hey listen, what about uh uh? What about his wife? Have you have you talked to her?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 4: She's in New York.
Speaker 8: Yes, now she wasn't wall him on the road.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 8: Uh I had a talk with her, but she's coming down here to love a h believe he is as have they said?
Speaker 4: The teen Yeah, uh never had a pat him send a chair. I guess his mother and daddy. Uh never had a pat him send a chat. I guess his mother and daddy. Uh No the Hannah pay him send pretty badny Yah. I know he was just getting started good that time. Everything he just began to go his way and everything, well do hear him? I'm sorry here, sirh.
Speaker 8: Well, I was thinking that for everybody. Sure is sad about the whole fang.
Speaker 14: Okay, okay, that was Jolie Allison one one that chirpin as great as you'll ever hear, boy, and he and Buddy.
Speaker 4: Were a very good friend. That was a big boppa right there. And uh shinned to the lace and putty face and the ponytail hanging down, which is saying all across the red, white and bluey not too many months ago, and uh the big Boppa brought it in the baby. Uh this is a tribute to Buddy Holly and uh was not taking any shids or anything, but Buddy is is uh one of the best friends I've ever had, and uh he he's the greatest guy in the world. And uh he was killed this morning, uh early this morning or last night in a in a plane crash in uh Mason City, Iowa. And along with him the big boppers there and also Richie Fallen. If there's anything a Buddies you wanna hear, I think we had just about everything.
Speaker 9: I heard.
Speaker 4: There's anything in particular, Buddies you wanna hear, because uh, We're gonna go on here and you know till they put us.
Speaker 8: Off over these cause.
Speaker 4: I I s didn't listen to him. A lot of these albums are scratched there because I play 'em one million times at home, and uh I I didn't.
Speaker 11: I didn't, I didn't.
Speaker 4: I don't ever play play high records because because I play 'em because he's a friend of mine too. But but I play because they're good, and uh, they're good rock and roll. So if you got something, my buddies you wanna hear, you call seventy two three or seven nine and one and all player, you know that song? And all I can say cause this is to him, and uh, you know, do it now? It's a song that uh uh, this showed the what what they call him rock and roll versatility. One thing about Buddy no one else could record his songs. And I've heard people say it since he said it, and people are here in town.
Speaker 9: And because nobody nobody could sing like Buddy, he sounds like he's crime, sound like a little girl.
Speaker 4: Crying a lot of times, you know. And all that and then among the guys is kind of a joke.
Speaker 15: Because you know, they kid him about it, and he took a good nature, but they should. They showed on one side of Buddy that you know that no one else could copy Buddy how I'm Gonna.
Speaker 1: Love You, cood Boy, and a lot of people loved Buddy Holly the day the music died. It's February third. Coming up next, we switched gears. Ada Wooshner from Northern Kentucky's March for Life, which is coming up in just a moment, as promised the conversation with the Dea. Wooshner is the executive director for Kentucky Right to Life, a former representative in the Commonwealth, the elected official law woman is She says, I just imagine a with six guns on each side of a holsters and when she said law woman, but this is coming up, and I think it's so crucial for people who believe in the sanctity of life. Regardless of your religious persuasion or your convictions. I think it's very vitally important, this outward public display of people who are in it for life, all human life. Ada Wishner, welcome to the show for a few minutes. How are you.
Speaker 16: I'm great, Thank you for having me on today.
Speaker 1: Now. The reason I believe that the March for Life and events like it are so crucially important, and the turnout is also the more the merrier, as we say more the better is because we are not going to change things in this country vis a vis abortion and the sanctity of life by legislation or by the courts. It's only going to change by changing people's hearts and minds, and at a very grassroots, basic level. I believe now. It doesn't mean that the other efforts that have been undertaken are wrong or I just think they miss the point sometimes with what really has to change if we're going to save babies and save human beings. Would you like to speak to that for a moment.
Speaker 16: You're exactly right.
Speaker 13: I mean as a former lawmaker, even when I was a lawmaker, I would often say, we could ban abortion tomorrow, but there'll still be a scared, frightened, confused young woman, a culture that has been impacted from all these years where abortion was legal. And so here we are, you know, fifty two years after Row, we've had a Dobbs decision that's returned to the States. But what we've learned is this base see human right, this basic right to life, has to be It's almost like we have to teach it again.
Speaker 16: We have to learn it.
Speaker 13: We have to learn to joyfully embrace the dignity of every human person. And so that's why the marches continue. The march in Washington we're having We've always had a gathering, even when I was in the legislature of kentuckt your Rights to Life. It's always had a gathering at the capitol every year. But that's grown, and so we had a huge march last year, it's growing this year. And so again it's because we you know, we're we want to inspire others, especially this next generation, which really, uh, they're unbelievable, are the youth to embrace life, to embrace the dignity of every life. And so as we watch pro lifers come to the Capitol in Washington, now they're coming to their own state capitals.
Speaker 16: If you think about it.
Speaker 13: This is is the largest human rights demonstration that we can have when we gather together to celebrate the value and dignity and sanctity of every life. And that is the lesson that has to be lost loss. It's something that's been lost in our culture. But we have to work at changing hearts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the March for Life. Let's get down to the barebone specifics of when these events occur. There is a march for life here in northern Kentucky, Is there not, Well.
Speaker 13: It's going to be in Frankfort. Yes, it is Frankfort at the Capitol. And as I took a bus, because in that building is the seat of government. It is all three branches of government. It is the governor, the administrative branch, it is the lawmakers, and it is the judicial branch, all in one building. And we will stand before that building gathered together, bearing witness to the value and dignity of it every night. And so we're having our march on February twelfth, Wednesday, February the twelfth, and it's you know, it's a day that we that we will walk and march with hope, inspiring change and really to change.
Speaker 16: Hearts and save lives.
Speaker 1: So it's a week from this Wednesday, just like nine days away. What time? What time are people gathering there?
Speaker 16: Well, there are a couple things.
Speaker 13: There's opportunities if people want to go to church that morning, there will be a massive Good Shepherd at nine thirty. I know there's bus loads coming from northern Kentucky, Louisville, Owensboro, all over the state. A lot of young people will be at that mass that's nine thirty at Good Shepherd, and then they'll break, have some lunch and do some things, and then we'll gather begin together with a pre concert at the Capitol around eleven thirty and start gathering there, and then we will kick off at noon the rally and then and.
Speaker 16: We'll well, actually, what we'll do is we'll.
Speaker 13: Rally on this stuff with some great speakers, a lot of witnesses that have a story just that that gives value to life different circumstances, from adoption to being conceived and an act of violence, but their life had value to a mama bear hearing a diagnosis and standing for the life or her child, all bearing witness. And at that point we will then depart from the Capitol and head down Capitol Avenue. There's this kind of a two part march, so there will be the march, and then after we get to about second Street, school buses will pick up the students.
Speaker 16: The people will make the turn and.
Speaker 13: We will gather again at the gates of the Frankfort Cemetery. They'll be parking there. Then the Frankfort, Kentucky Cemetery, wherein that cemetery is the Kentucky Memorial.
Speaker 16: For the Unborn.
Speaker 13: So we'll gather there and at around one point five and we'll walk prayerfectly to the memorial, or there'll be a short prayer service in memory of all children who have lost their lives, whether through miscarriage are through abortion.
Speaker 1: You know, it's amazing you mentioned and I started at the beginning of this idea by saying, you know, it doesn't matter what religious persuasion you are, or if you have religion or spirituality in your life, or whether you just go on a scientific I'm kind of both. I mean, I believe God created that life that's in the womb, and it is sacred for that reason, we are all made in the image of God. But also scientifically, if there's a heartbeat, if you can see fingers, if the ultrasounds don't lie, that is a living human being. It's not a collection of cells. So but the point I was going to make is, I just saw a survey that's out. It says gen Z and you're talking about how important the next generation is, or younger peeople are in this equation of rooting this awful atrocity out of our society. Sixty two percent of those gen zers actually are They say they are spiritual. They know there's a higher power, and that was the highest among baby boomers Gen X. So there is hope for our future.
Speaker 13: And they're an abundant blessing in that generation. And when I talk to them that they're inspiring to be with.
Speaker 16: You know, we do a scholarship for young people.
Speaker 13: There will be busses of young folks and the next generation and young families coming, and they are inspiring because they're the hope in the future of this nation. Of this are towns and cities and commonwealth. And when you've got, as you said, that percentage that are spiritual, and if we listen to them, that's where we grow from it. And so what you said to is our faith in God. If God is truth, created an image and likeness of God. So a lot of times we have a lot of you know, my background is I'm a nurse in biology and I'm a bioethosist, and a lot of times we ask a lot of complicated questions about peop believe this. What about this procedure? Because it's pretty simple. Do you believe you're creating the image and likeness of God?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Adia Wishner. Thank you so much for your time tonight. We're out unfortunately. Okay, Next Wednesday, February twelfth, at the state capital of Kentucky, Frankfort, Kentucky, the Kentucky March for Life. It's wonderful if you'd like to know more. Is there a place where people can go real quickly?
Speaker 13: Yes, they can go to ky marchflife dot org all spelled out or call our office five two eight nine.
Speaker 11: Nine.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you so much, Adia, and God bless you. All right, it's the nightcap and there is a whole lot more left to go. Seven hundred WLW one two three four. Yeah, it's rock and roll. And as a matter of fact, rock and roll can be used for really good purposes, believe it or not. And this is another occasion where that is the truth. Autism Rocks sixteen is coming up at fret Board Brewery and to talk about that. David Kale and Robert Jackson welcome, gentlemen. How are you doing.
Speaker 11: Hey, I'm great, I bless I'm above ground.
Speaker 1: Yes, I agree, me too, better than I deserve. That's how I'm I'm doing. So let's talk a little bit about this year's Autism Rocks lineup and the date and where it is, and you guys were with us. This is your second bite at the night Cap Apple talking about this. So let's continue the conversation in a new year. First off, for you, David Kale, how long you've been involved with Autism Rocks.
Speaker 17: Well, we started Autism Rocks back in twenty ten, was the first one.
Speaker 18: This will be our sixteenth.
Speaker 17: It was after we had had a benefit from my son Parker, who was diagnosed with autism back in two thousand and eight, and the event was so successful we decided to continue to do it to try to help other causes here in the Tri State area.
Speaker 1: Sure, and how is your son doing? If I can ask, Well.
Speaker 18: He's going to be twenty years old in just a few weeks. He's doing well.
Speaker 17: He still has some challenges due to his diagnosis.
Speaker 18: But he's a happy person, loved life.
Speaker 1: That's good. That's all any of us can hope for for ourselves or for our kids. Now, Robert Jackson, tell me about your involvement with Autism Rocks.
Speaker 19: Well, I got a phone call from a friend, Howie Kneel, and he said he had a friend that I had a son with Autism, which is Dave Kale, would I, you know, like, you know, join in? And I said, well, I'll see what I can do. And there's been a relationship ever since then, and that was what sixteen years ago.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, that's fantastic. Tell me about the venue for this year's event. Now, this is coming up Sunday, February sixteenth, so the Sunday after the Super Bowl, starting about noon or so. Tell me about where you're doing this, guys.
Speaker 18: It's at Fretboard Brewing.
Speaker 17: It's at the Blue Ash location at fifty eight.
Speaker 18: Hundred Creek Road.
Speaker 1: All right, fantastic, our second year doing there. And I see you've got a star stellar lineup here for Autism. Rocks formerly Cincinnati Red's Pitcher now incredible rock star Bronson Arroyo will be there starting at noon. He's lading things off right, that is correct.
Speaker 17: And then we reached over because the Boots of Collins Foundation has been doing so much for us in the past few years, I reached over to them and said, hey, would you like to take one of the artists from your stable and have them play for us this year at Autis and Rocks. So they chose a young man by the name of Manny Pemberton.
Speaker 18: He's going to follow Bronson, all.
Speaker 1: Right, fantastic. Also on the lineup stays in Vegas. What are they all about?
Speaker 18: My family connection there.
Speaker 17: My cousin is married to Ryan Clark, who is the drummer for them, and I went to him and said, hey, would you you think that your band would like to play. They're known here in Cincinnati as a corporate band, and they're very, very well established, and I think everybody's really gonna like him.
Speaker 1: Robert Any comments, No, I.
Speaker 11: Go and listen.
Speaker 10: I mean, you know, I get to meet new musicians.
Speaker 11: And I've seen some people that I've heard, you know back in the.
Speaker 19: Bengal days, like Oh, Dave, what's the fourth guy?
Speaker 6: Sif Guy?
Speaker 18: Oh Dangerous Jim.
Speaker 1: Dangerous Jim and the Slims have been around this town forever. Everybody knows Dangerous Jim.
Speaker 10: Yep heard him when he was young and I was young and had hair.
Speaker 1: And then the finale Jet Pack Academy at four PM.
Speaker 17: That's correct, that's Shaggy from another station that you know. He's part of that band, and that's how we reached the connection was getting to know him.
Speaker 18: And he plays drums. I believe in that band.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know Jeff Nagel. He's a great guy. He's full, wonderful. Well go yeah, all right, So if people want to get tickets real quickly, let's go through that. We how do we get tickets for Autism Rocks.
Speaker 17: Well, until this coming Saturday. There is a link on Sincy tickets and it's on our website and it's on our social media pages. And you will save five dollars off the door if you get your tickets in advance, but that sight only goes through the weekend. Once we hit the weekend, then everything else will be done at the door. It'll be fifteen dollars in advance, twenty dollars a day after the work.
Speaker 1: All right, fantastic Autism Rocks sixteen Sunday, February sixteenth, a week from this coming Sunday, the week after the Super Bowl. Fret Board Brewing Company and Blue Ash gentlemen, thank you so much and I wish you great success with the event.
Speaker 11: Hey, Jay, Gary, can I throw one more comment out there?
Speaker 17: Want to thanks some people Jacqueline and Fernando Cruz who are our sponsors for the event. Mercy Health Disable American veterans, see am Mockby Ready Eagles, DMG Companies, coll Orring Veterans, Voodo Kings and State Representative Gene Schmidt. They're all our sponsors to make this possible for us, and we thank them so much.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you so much, gentlemen, rock On, Thank you. It's the nightcap and we're not done yet.
Speaker 20: U l W.
Speaker 1: As we turn the page here, not like Tim Tim Waalzer his wife turning the page, but as we turn the page in the program, the author of Unprecedented Assault, How Big Government Unleashed America's Socialists left a former congressional political analyst and policy advisor. He'd spent over three decades in and around DC politics. Poor guy, and now he's got to deal with me for a few minutes tonight.
Speaker 10: J T.
Speaker 1: Young joins us. JT. Welcome back to the show.
Speaker 10: Thank you so much for having me Gary.
Speaker 11: So much going on today.
Speaker 1: Oh I know, you know it didn't take long for Claudia Shine in Mexico to say, yeah, you know those twenty five percent tariffs, we don't really need to do that, Dewey Donald, and yeah you want the ten thousand troops back at the border on our side to kind of stem the flow of immigration, kind of like the first time you were in office. Okay, I think we can do that. You want to stop the flow of fentanyl into your country from ours, we can talk about that. Let's put a pause on those tariffs. And that's exactly what happened, right And.
Speaker 10: You know, I would bet in her case that she may well never say it publicly, but actually have welcomed the threat so that it allowed her to do what Mexico should have been doing in the first play. And I'm sure they would like to have control of their border. I mean, you know, everything we get here is certainly horrible of what we're getting, certainly with the fentanyl and illegal immigrant. But she's got her own problems with this too, and I think being able to go my hands the time, I mean, you see what I'm dealing with.
Speaker 11: He's gonna do it.
Speaker 1: He gave he gave her political cover in her country among her supporters. It'll be interesting to see how Canada falls. I you know, Trudeau is leaving, he's already said he's stepping down. It'll depend on who the next Prime minister is to see how that shakes out. But wonder of wonders with Columbia. That didn't take long, did it. People forget that Donald Trump wrote the book The Art of the Deal. That's that's what this has all been about the entire time, right, Yeah.
Speaker 10: I know, you're absolutely right, And you know, Justin Trudeau is the Joe Biden of the North. He's basically got pushed out by his own party. So uh you know, to you to your point, Yeah, America has the largest economy in the world, with the envy of the world, uh and Trump is willing to use that uh too to advance his policy initiatives. And I would think, you know, most Americans will will sit back and say, yeah, you know, I would rather him be using this threat of paraps than sending US troops into Mexico or or you know, a much more aggressive action. I think, you know, he's using a tool that's there, and you know, as you've already said, I think he's he's wielding it with some dexterity here, yeah, and he's getting and he's getting what he wants in virtually instantaneously.
Speaker 1: It's amazing just the warp speed at which he has been moving in his short time in office. JT Uh I wanted to ask you. I wanted to ask you to about his his appointees or his people he's nominated for cabinet positions that are still unsettled, the rf K Juniors, the Tulci Gabbards, the cash But tell I don't all of these people, whether you like them or agree with everything they say or stand for or not, are part of this what Greg Guttfeld called it a band of pirates that Trump has assembled, And I think that they're all They're all facing the fire that Donald Trump had faced, especially his first time in office, because he was there to disrupt and to upset the apple cart. And that's what these three people are are aiming to do if they get into these positions of power. Let's read the political Tea Leaves just for a moment, since she spent so much time around DC and the politics of it.
Speaker 18: J T.
Speaker 1: Young, RFK Jor Do you think ultimately he is confirmed?
Speaker 11: I do think he will be at some point.
Speaker 10: It comes down to counting heads and how many people will it be unanimous? No, I mean on the Republican side, and I'm sure none of these are going to get Democrat support, But.
Speaker 11: I think the.
Speaker 10: Prevailing feeling has always been for every president, which is these appointments are staff that we glorify them, we give them titles, they have buildings that technically they run, but at the end of the day, they're the president's staff. And never have they been more of the staff to a president than they will be to Donald Trump. And I think the feeling has always been on Capitol Hill that the president is allowed to have his own crew in place. And I think it kind of comes down to that, and most Republics are going to go if this is who he wants, that's that's that's his choice, and he deserves to have his people in place to carry out his agenda.
Speaker 1: Your comments on Tulci Gabbard, another member potentially of Donald Trump's staff, I mean, what, personally, how do you feel about Tulci Gabbard and some of her stands on it passed on Edward Snowden and other issues.
Speaker 10: Well, I certainly don't agree on things that have been attributed to her. You know, I have not been in private meetings. I haven't heard her say, well, this was taken out of context. I didn't say that, and I can appreciate, you know, however she wants or however, she is explaining that, and certainly, as you mentioned on Eric Snowden, I don't support I don't support him, but you know what she's saying and how she's answering it. Has she been able to alleviate people's concerns? And yeah, are people allowed to change their positions over time?
Speaker 11: Yes? I think so.
Speaker 10: You know, you just have to convince us that you have in fact done that and seem sincere and reasons in how you're doing it. So I think again that most people are going to be willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. She would be the one I'm the most concerned about of the three.
Speaker 1: Kay, all right, Cash Betel uh, you know, he picked him up and knocked him down at his uh at the questioning I've seen so far, and he A lot of people are really worried about cash Betel becoming the head of the FBI because he has promised to get to the bottom of all of the weaponization of that organization and get it back to being a law enforcement organization and not uh, you know, a political tip of the spear for you know, even though you know they brought up his enemies list that he said he was putting together. But again, you saw the enemy's list of the FBI under Joe Biden and under Obama, and now you're seeing it on the other side. So there are a lot of very very nervous people within that organization, are there not?
Speaker 11: Yeah? And I think they should think.
Speaker 10: I mean, I think since there are, and they should legitimately be for what has transpired.
Speaker 11: In that organization.
Speaker 10: I agree, and the American people have a right to know. There have been some extremely questionable things that had the FBI has been used to pursue. And I think Donald Trump would be at the start of this list, and most Americans in the same place, which is the rank and file boots on the ground. FBI agents are people who put their lives on the line to protect America's interests. The question has been and I think will continue to be until legitimately I answered, who were the decision makers and explain to us how some of these decisions were made That seemed to be just what you were saying, an overt weaponization of the FBI for political purposes, and that that is dangerous and that's dangerous for anyone using it.
Speaker 11: And I think those questions, but.
Speaker 1: Jat didn't we we already know that when we saw the text from Peter Strock and Susan Page, didn't we know that an insurance policy against him and all of I mean, it's just so, it's.
Speaker 10: Been clear for years, doright, And I think we need to have these thoroughly investigated, give us a give us a blue ribbon reading of what happened, why it happened, who was involved. I think again, you know, Joe Biden can tipe it, pardon everyone he.
Speaker 11: Wants to pardon.
Speaker 10: That should not stop investigations. And Americans have the right to know. And the best way to ensure things like this don't happen again is to have found out how they happened, if they happen.
Speaker 11: In the first place.
Speaker 10: And I think again that you're voicing what a lot of Americans feel, which is they don't have faith in their government. They don't have trust in the FBI. I mean, you and I probably grew up watching all of those shows where you know, FBI agents were at the top of the cream of the crop.
Speaker 21: In the FB.
Speaker 10: And you know we need it to be there. It should be there, and the agents who do the hard, dangerous work of the FBI I'm convinced they are there. They need to have their leaders ship exonerated and if necessarily replaced. Yeah, my people who are doing a non political law enforcement job.
Speaker 1: JT. Young, thank you so much for your time again, my friend, and I hopefully we will we will be able to do this again real soon.
Speaker 10: I look forward to it.
Speaker 11: Gary, enjoy it every time we.
Speaker 1: Talk, all right?
Speaker 11: J T.
Speaker 1: Young on the Nightcap and we roll on now from Florida. He's in Florida, of all places, and still finds time to talk to little old me Doomsday Dave patter our it guy, the tech guru, joins us with some more things that you should be absolutely frightened to death of tonight, including this. I saw this headline, Dave. And by the way, good evening. How are you.
Speaker 10: I'm good, Garry caff Always a pleasure to be here, even though I'm in Florida and apparently they're a pair in this building. I'm been down, as you can hear in the background.
Speaker 1: Well, that would be something to be definitely frighten full of, right there, Dave.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm a little worried this thing might collapse.
Speaker 18: I don't know what they're doing.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, if anything happens to you while we're doing this, remember I have the exclusive I appreciate that.
Speaker 10: That's all you all you man.
Speaker 11: Thanks, you have my guarantee on the scoop here.
Speaker 1: AI will supercharge cyber weapons within two years. Experts worn first and foremost, What are super What are what are cyber weapons?
Speaker 10: Well, Gary, Jeff, anyone that's been following AI has been worried about this for some time because you know, as it progresses, and I just want to rely on people. There's a lot of hypes that hyperbole out there when you read anything about AI. You know, some of the bloom is already off the road there, and you've got different types of AI. Some of it's that chat Ett type stuff and others are purpose built. But the confer here that they're raising, and it's been a concern for some time, is that as these tools get better and better and better, whether it's things like voice cloning, deep fake videos, or it's just the ability to run opposite scale because you know, human beings have to sleep eventually, right, So if I can spin up a data center that's got a bunch of AI agents in it that are running around the clock doing various in the various things, whether it's trying to scan your network and find the vulnerability, don't exploit, or it's trying to call your CFO and pretend to be your CEO because they captured the ce CEO's voice from a voicemail.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 10: It's it's as these tools get better and they create more convincing content, whether it's text or video or audio, and then you couple it at scale, because again, I can run these things twenty four by seven by three sixty five. They don't take a break, they don't call it sick. You know, as they improve both in their ability to create legitimate, appearing content and to run faster, you know, it does certainly create the specter of just NonStop attacks. Now Ideally, as a business, as an agency, as an entity of any type, you'd be using similar tools to try to defend against these things. And that's where you get into this this weird space of AI against AI. And you know where does that all go? I don't know. I'm not really going to sleep over at this point. I'll tell it again. I think a lot of this stuff is super overhyped, but I do think it's a risk. And as if technology progresses. You know, you're only going to see more and more of these sorts of attacks, especially the social engineering stuff with deep sake voice cloning and deep sake idiots. I mean that's already on your eyes.
Speaker 1: Well, you mentioned at the top here, Dave, that humans have to sleep. I guess that means our president is Ai because he never seves to stop.
Speaker 11: I'm with you on that.
Speaker 10: He doesn't seem to stop stop to sleep. It's pretty incredible. But the pace of things they're.
Speaker 1: Doing, yeah, no doubt.
Speaker 15: Uh.
Speaker 1: Chinese hackers use broad telco access to geolocate millions of Americans and record phone calls. They may be recording this phone call right now, Dave, for all we know.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm surprised they haven't cut a softiet Carriac deats since we seem to get on the topic of the PRC and the CCP on a regular basis. And you know, I think this story is really disturbing. And you know, no matter your view of the current administration or the previous administration, you've had government officials warning about the Chinese Communist Party and their infiltration into our infrastructure for a long time. You know, they're stealing trade secrets, they're stealing military secrets, They're stealing anything and everything they can get their hands on, because you know, why would you want to make giant investments in research and development that you can just steal the information you need from an American company sure, or steal the military secrets. You know, notice all of their new aircraft looks incredibly similar to ours. I don't think that's a coincidence. So when you see these things like this infiltration in the infrastructure, and I would point out, you know, if you can completely compromise the telecom network, which is what you know has been said for some time now, at least nine of the major telecom companies AT and TP Mobile, etcetera, had been compromised. And as far as I can tell, I haven't seen anyone saying that they're you know, they're confident that they have completely eliminated this infiltration. Okay, unless you're using encryption, which ironically the FBI has now come out and said is a good thing, despite fighting it for years, if not decades, it's a good thing because of this infiltration. I mean, anything you're sending through there that's not into D encrypted could potentially be captured and compromised. So, yeah, your location because your phone is constantly tracking you, right, it has to in order for it to do its job. You've got apps on there that are collecting data, including your location in many cases. So yeah, I mean, we're basically giving our number one adversary in the world all kinds of sensitive data about us, where we go, what we do, who we talk to, what we say. And you know, even if you're not concerned about that as an individual, think about what that means for the government. Think about what that means for military contractors or anyone dealing with any kind of sense and information. I know, well, we're amount of time, But did you have to seek Gary, Jeff, I don't think I sent you this article. It's recently been exposed and I think it's contact, but I might be wrong. I'm not in front of a computer. They make devices, and then now they've found backdoors in the medical devices that are potentially leaking your data to China, because of course these things were made in China. So you know, what could someone do with that? Well, would it be good to know that you might have a heart arrhythmia?
Speaker 11: Maybe?
Speaker 10: Again, I'm not I'm not a scientist. I'm not a doctor, but it just goes to show you that we've got to stop. Whether it's TikTok red note tamu fill in the blank, if it came from China, you should be suspect of it because they are not our friends. And we just see time and time again, whether it's you know, for infiltration and critical infrastructure like water plants, telecom, medical devices or whatever, it's a real problem. And I mean I lose a lot more sleep about this than AI super weapons at this point because it's happening, and we know it's happening here right right now.
Speaker 1: You mentioned about the planes, the Chinese planes that look exactly like ours, and this is basically stolen technology through these different routes they have to hack and to uh, you know, look in and listen in on everything we're doing. Is that where is that where the deep seek Ai came from? From China? They took our technology and they just did it cheaper. Is that the deal?
Speaker 10: Well, you know, even that is now starting to come under fire in terms of the original reporting on that. I don't know that you can ever believe anything they're telling you from China, but essentially, yes, assuming that any part of that story is true. So when that hit the news, you know, a cat took all the oxygen out of everything related to AI. Because the initial reporting was they built something that is roughly of equal capability to the best stuff from America like chat GPT, for a lot less money. It takes a lot less electricity, it takes a lot less powerful and expensive hardware to run it. Now again there's more information is coming out. It appears that much of that may not be true. And while it may be roughly equivalent in the capability, the uh the financial aspects of it, and they did it with a lot less power.
Speaker 11: Now it does.
Speaker 10: Appear they did They kind of took the the same idea we've been used and perhaps extracted a lot of the same data, and then just took an innovative approach to make this work the way that it does. So I'm not knocking that it is somewhat alarming that they've moved this far this fast, but I'm not sure Again, as more and more information comes out that it's really all that they cracked it up to be, and that you know, there's either some misunderstanding or some perhaps not truthful reporting on it. So I think it bears watching. And it's certainly not good that they might be that close to us in terms of capabilities when you think about it from like the weapon perspective. But I'm not sure it's all true.
Speaker 1: All right, well, I mean, build a better mouse trap. That's always the mantra, and we'll find out who can build the better mouse trap. I guess over time. Gmail now has confirmed a hack for a large number of people who if you use Gmail, it has been confirmed that there was an AI hack. And if you can just spend like a minute talking about that, that'd be great.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I know, we don't have much time. Saw this hit the highlights. You know, anytime you're using one of these free mail platforms, first off, you should turn on all of the security capabilities they offer. That's going to vary, and then you just have to be increasingly skeptical, Gary Jeff because of where we started. Right as AI gets better, it's really easy to clone someone's voice. I cannot stress enough how easy it.
Speaker 18: Is to do this.
Speaker 10: It doesn't take any kind of skill or technical process whatsoever. There are free tools that will allow you to close someone's voice. All you need is a sample. So if I call your phone and you have a voicemail greeting I'm you in less than fifteen minutes, I promise you I can clone your voice. I've done it many times to show people this is real. And you know, now we're moving into a realm of video, possible real time audio. So you know, a lot of that femail scam you're talking about there involve people using legitimate email or Google services to cover their tracks and make it seem legitimate and get around some of the security capabilities. So, folks, you just got to be super skeptical. You've got to understand that virtually anything you get in digital form, especially if it's dancing, to do anything even remotely unusual or send money or anything, you should just stop dead in your tracks and verify out of band. You know, go to the source from a phone number you can verify or an email address you can verify. Is these scams are going to get worse before they get better, and really, awareness of skepticism of by far your best defenses at this point.
Speaker 1: Well, enjoy the rest of your construction vacation in Florida, dare Hatter.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Gary, Jeff, we'll talk to you real soon. Dave Hatter with us from Intrust on the latest things for you to be deeply concerned about on the Nightcaf. We continue in moments on seven hundred WLW. Mother on the Night Calf. Her name is Elena Barbara, a leading advocate for parental rights and anti grooming, a Christian mom, author and documentary filmmaker. And it's been a wonderful new world with Donald Trump so far. Elena, what do you think about some of these executive orders? Especially there are only two genders that the government will recognize, male and female. Apparently science finally caught up with the federal government. But any comments in all of this. Donald Trump has stopped federal support funding for gender affirming care for children, i e. Mutilation and adhering to some kind of mental illness. But your thoughts on any of this would be welcome. How are you good?
Speaker 12: Thanks for having me Gary.
Speaker 16: I am overjoyed.
Speaker 22: This one, I'm going to admit actually brought me to tears because I've been paying such close attention to this and seeing how this gender ideology is destroying children's lives now and their futures. So to have a president who is standing up as the most powerful person on earth to protect children is absolutely mind blowing after what we've seen the last few years, where we had the person in that position doing their best to harm children on part us. It's absolutely fantastic, not only for the children of today, but for their futures and the future of the country because what we're doing is we're like messing with their minds, messing with their bodies. The aftermath of this is going to already be enormous from all the children we've damaged in five, ten, twenty years. I mean, the mental health crisis we're going to have is going to make today's mental health crisis look like nothing.
Speaker 12: So it's ending. At least the damage is ending now. It's amazing.
Speaker 1: You talk about the surgical mutilation. That's one thing, but another thing is the introduction of all, you know, all these hormones to stop what naturally happens to any young body at that age. I remember being a teenager, I remember being not quite sure of a lot of things. You know, at ten, eleven, twelve years old, it all became much clearer when the testosterone kicked in. I could, you know, realize what I was intended to be as a human being, and there's been this denial of that by some people. I don't know if some of these parents who insist that their child must go through this, if they really love their children, you know, I would hope that they love their children. But they've been they've bought into this fad of transgender fluidity that the nation's been under the spell of for the last four or five years. And it really kicked in oddly enough or not not so oddly enough during the Biden administration. Right, what's going through parents' heads and they say, you know, I really think my little boy is a girl actually because of the way he acts. I mean, do they not remember the way they were when they were young?
Speaker 12: So that's exact.
Speaker 16: I mean, that's a great point.
Speaker 22: I mean, any normal parent would just look at their child and say, yeah, puberty is weird.
Speaker 12: We all went through it.
Speaker 22: Every adult on the planet went through it. Felt the same way, as you trust me, we're going to get through this and you're going.
Speaker 9: To be okay.
Speaker 7: That's it.
Speaker 16: That's all that really needs to be said.
Speaker 11: I mean.
Speaker 22: So instead, though, what they did was they created and it's referenced as junk science in the Executive Order they created and published junk science. And because sadly, the American education system has failed us, so many people read this junk science and believe it or they don't even bother to dig into it whatsoever. So an organization called the World Professional Association for Transgender Health put out all this information again junk science about transgenderism, and it is all brand new. It is all completely unfounded in reality, some of it is lies. And they held back information that they knew, and they told parents, this is really real what your child is going through, and we can help them. And if you you know, if you don't help your child to transition, that your kid's going to kill themselves. I mean, it's just this crazy extortion to get you to believe that your child is born in the wrong body. I don't know how anybody brought in but they did, and I think because they said, you know, it's quote unquote science. And some people anything conservatives are against, they'll.
Speaker 12: Before it doesn't matter how vile it is. They just want to be against us.
Speaker 1: I was talking with my wife the other the other day about this, when seeing how this paradigm has shifted now back to common sense and to what God intended thanks to President Trump and executive orders and this push, and you know, people voted, among other things, for this to happen in our country right now. And I said, I looked at her. This was about two years ago. I said, it's a fad, and it's a dangerous fad. I said, it's a more dangerous fad than the viral tide pods, for sure. It's it's just a fad or a fetish. And you cover this in the documentary American Groom, or tell folks about that documentary a little bit at Elena.
Speaker 22: So it's a documentary that I made that is about the sexualization of our children.
Speaker 16: In American schools.
Speaker 22: And right from pre K, we're telling children that you know, that they that they should be thinking about how they feel about their genitals, that they may be, you know, in the wrong body, that their parents may have gotten their gender wrong and confusing their minds. And then as they get older, we're introducing more and more sexual content, to the point of in middle schools and even in some elementary schools you can find the most erotic triple ax content that you have ever imagined in our public schools. And so we're sextualizing our kids in our media, in our music, on the internet, and now it's happening in schools. And you know, when people find out about it, they tend to deny it. But I lay it out in the film and explained how this happens and how damaging it is. And after they see the film then they say, okay, tell me Moore and what can I do? So they can watch the film for free at American grumorfilm dot com.
Speaker 1: You say, in thirty nine states it's perfectly legal to show your kids unbelievably hardcore porn in school. Where is that happening, Well.
Speaker 12: It's in three quarters of states right now.
Speaker 22: And the reason for that is these laws went into place in the fifties, sixties, and seventies. They're called obscenity exemption statutes. So if you show porn to a child at the mall or a coffee shop, you could leave in handcuffs and be charged with a crime. But if you show that same child that same porn within the confines of a school or a library, you will be exempted from criminal prosecution because you can say it was educational and it doesn't matter how vulgar the porn.
Speaker 12: It doesn't matter how young the child.
Speaker 1: Wow, I had no idea that that was. But again, it's these statutes going back to the what do you think that's what those statutes originally were intended to do?
Speaker 23: Well?
Speaker 1: Find it hard to believe in the fifties and sixties or was that where the indoctrination began.
Speaker 22: Well, the people that funded the model legal code for the statutes with the Rockefeller Foundation. The Rockefeller Foundation also funded al for Kinsey, who did this wonky sexual studies where he determined that children are sexual from birth and there's nothing wrong with sexualizing a child no matter how I mean, up from infancy. So yes, I do believe that was their ultimate goal.
Speaker 24: The way they sold it was to say, hey, we need to tell kids a little bit more about sex ed and we just don't want teachers getting in trouble. So it was devious, but I do believe that ultimately the goal was to normalize sex with children, because that's where the philosophy started with the Kinsey studies.
Speaker 1: Well, I think some of the part of that too, was that maybe parents weren't comfortable talking to their kids about sex and those things as they grew older and they just figured that they were going to take the parents place. You know, like Joe Biden says, for eight hours a day, those kids are ours, They're not yours, wrong, Joe American Groomerfilm dot com is where you can see it, and I recommend it. Good stuff, in depth research and the truth telling in there. Elena Barbera, the base mother, thank you so much for the few minutes tonight. Keep up the good fight and we will talk again.
Speaker 22: Soon, I hope, thank you anytime.
Speaker 1: All right, you bet it's the nightcap and we're not finished yet. Seven hundred WI my heart, it's song.
Speaker 11: Let me sing for them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fly me to the moon, but just get to me my destination safely. That's all I ask. In the wake of a terrible week for commercial and medical aviation in our country last week, to say the least, I got my own aviation expert, a guy with twenty six years experience as a pilot, a commercial airlines pilot, and he's aviation. It's been his whole life. He co owns a plane with some buddies and he's now our guest tonight to discuss a little bit about what goes on in the air and on the ground, and especially specifically at Washington National Reagan National Airport in Washington, DC, where the horrible occurrence happened last week of the commercial airliner colliding with an army helicopter, sixty seven lives lost. And man, it's a busy airport. He's flown in there numerous times to talk about that and some other aspects of this topic. Ken Carly joins us Ken, good evening.
Speaker 25: Putting and Garret Jef, how are you doing tonight?
Speaker 1: Doing fantastic. I'm glad. I'm glad we're out of January and into February. I'm looking forward to more sixty degree days like we had today, although I heard it's going to zoom back down to the bottom at the tail end of this week. Anyway, let's get to the subject at hand. You told me the other day when we were talking that you flew into Reagan National many times, me about that airport and about the short porch as they say, and all of the traffic that's.
Speaker 25: There, well, pilots, pilots like lots of concrete. Okay, the longer the runway, the better.
Speaker 18: Okay.
Speaker 25: I'd to hand me a two mile runway anytime. Unfortunately, an airport like that that's landlocked. I can recall the first time I went in there. I was I was the third pilot on seven twenty seven, many many years ago, and we did the river visual approach coming down the Potomac from the north, and it basically followed the river on when you have visual queues, there's actually lights on the bridges approaching, but they want you over the suner of the runway so that you know, the noise minimal. But when I saw the gyrations that you had to make to get in there and land, you know, a late turn if anybody's been in their landing south, a late turn right kind of around the Pentagon there to land south at at Washington National or Reagan. It's just you know, it was a little over a mile a runway, but it doesn't look that much. And of course with water at both ends, it's just not It's never been a real comfortable place. I think you get used to it, but it's not your first choice as to where you like going, much much like New York's LaGuardia is with you know, water on three sides.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So now, yeah, the introduction, the introduction of the military aircraft, the helicopter there, And did it make any sense to you that the helicopter apparently was at three or four hundred feet when the ceiling for that particular area is two hundred feet, that that is an unusual occurrence. And did you have to deal with any military aircraft while you were trying to land in that short porch at Reagan National.
Speaker 25: Well, you'd always see them passing up and down the river or maybe over the land, because there's obviously Coast Guard working there, Navy, Army, I mean Secret Service. There's constant air traffic around that area, and that's only increased since I retired, so I think you always saw it. But the interesting part about this when you land to the north there, like they were using arrivals to the north. They call that the Mount Vernon visual approach because the PLI is very similar, very close to the Woodrow Wilson Bridge and right near Mount Vernon, but the river on to the south of the airport's pretty straight, so you generally make a fairly straight in approach. The odd thing to me was this airplane was landing on runway three to three, which, if you don't know anything about runway numbering, it's the number on the runway is.
Speaker 18: The magnetic heading.
Speaker 25: So if you're landing on runway one, you're landing ten degrees just off the north in this case three three points to the northwest three hundred and thirty degrees. So they what they do is they use that runway three to three as a kind of an overflow if because runway one one nine at at Reagan is the busiest runway in the world, it's always got an airplane either to party on it or landing. And what happens is is that you you generally UH if they if the rivals start getting too close together and they can't get a departure out, they'll ask someone, hey, do you want to can you land for on three to three four US And that was a very rare occurrence. I don't think the larger jets don't do that, but some of the commuters and and some of the fixed wing UH propeller airplanes would do that. But the odd thing was is that they kind of acted that night of the accident like this was a normal procedure, and maybe it is more normal now. But you have to break off to the right and get near the shore on the other side of the Potomac and that's where a lot of that helicopter traffic is going north and south. So we never did that in the larger aircraft, but I can see where the commuters are probably asked to.
Speaker 18: Do that quite a bit.
Speaker 25: Just as a pilots hate to turn down controllers as long as you can turn them down and say no, I don't want to do that, but typically you want to all work together and if it's not an unsafe operation, you'll do it. But no way to tell this was going to turn out the way it did obviously.
Speaker 1: Well, we got about a minute left. Ken talking to Ken Carly a lifetime a career pilot, commercial Airlines pilot and he also flew commuters. But Ken, with about a minute left, just give me your thoughts, your first thoughts about what happened in Philadelphia with the med jet crashing into that neighborhood and a big fireball, and did you have any feelings there about what might have happened.
Speaker 25: Well, it's one of a couple things. To have a projectile come down like it did. There had to be some structural issues. It had to be some part of the aircraft maybe come off, and that can be due to extreme stresses on the airplane. Possibly could have been a maintenance issue that was left unresolved, but I think really it just it it was a loss of control. This wasn't something you know, you just when you have something come down that fas it's either stalled because of a problem on the airplane itself, one of the tail or a wing or you know, but typically it's a loss of control. And that's definitely they just got to figure out what caused that loss of control for them because it wasn't recoverable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there's nothing to suggest that anything the faery has happened aboard the plane. Yet it doesn't sound like it.
Speaker 25: I mean, there was some speculation about some oxygen. I mean I did know about an accident way back that had an oxygen bottle explode because they were faring an airplane smoking and there was a leak and it caused an explosion. Well, I don't think I don't think this was a case. They certainly weren't smoking in an airplane with a metal patient on board, no doubt about it.
Speaker 1: Listen, thank you for your time, and we'll see at the bar.
Speaker 25: All right, No problem, Gary, Jeff, anytime, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Ken Carly on the Nightcap. As we continue one of the January sixth release Ease is on the way. Next on seven hundred WLW, George mass Gil It was the president of something called Reach exclamation Point exclamation Point United, a nonprofit launching a national campaign to hopefully dramatically reduce overdose deests and improve the access and quality of treatment for those fighting the disease of addiction. As we all know, and the President has made very clear, President Trump, that this is one of the priorities of his new administration, is stopping the flow of fentanyl. But what about those who have already succumbed to the addiction, died from ventanyl overdoses. There has got to be something to help the hundreds of thousands of Americans out of this miserable pit of despair that they have been plunged into because of addiction. An addiction is not new. We have alcohol addiction, we have all kinds of drug addiction. But the fentanyl crisis has become increasingly deadly and deadlier than anything we've seen in quite a while. To speak to that again, the president of Reach United, George Massingil, joins us to talk about some possible Solutions. George, welcome to the program. I'm glad you could say take some time out to get your message out on this and.
Speaker 11: Hello, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: I really appreciate you having me on the show, and I appreciate you your introduction. And you're one hundred percent right. We have a major epidemic on our hands. I've been working in treatment industry for thirty seven years, and I don't think we could even imagine today what we imagine twenty years ago, what it would be like. I looked at a statistic about nineteen ninety one, we had four thousand overdose debts in the United States of America. We've had over one hundred thousand consecutively for nine years, not almost ten years. We've had a million young men and women die from fentanyl overdose in the last seven years. So you're talking about an epidemic beyond and I call it a pandemic because we've not really figured out how to stop it. We claim we slowed it down a little bit. I saw some statistics come out and that may be a little bit true. We've also lost one hundred thousand this last year that are out of the mix now, so I'm not sure how much we've slowed it down, but uh, we have a really drastic problem on our hands, more than I think the general public really even knows. I know we talk about it, but uh, you know, we're we're losing at a rapid rate young men and women under thirty years old who would be entering the workforce and are entering our service to fight for our country, and they're all dying. We are, we're losing them.
Speaker 1: It's a it's a it's a hold. It's a whole generation.
Speaker 2: It's a generation. We're losing a generation. We we honestly, that's a great way to put it. I mean, when you when you think about three hundred individuals, A plane seven thirty seven plane slams the ground every day, seven days a week, and that three hundred people die seven days a week. And we've not even started to be able to stop that. We may have, we've still got a plane crash and every day maybe it's two hundred and seventy nine people a day.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it is a terrible, terrible situation.
Speaker 1: No, no consolation there, George. Let's talk about the new administration, and not that anybody's going to be able to come in and snap their fingers and stop this. But as far as stopping the flow of the poison coming into the country, is that at least just to start, do you think I do.
Speaker 2: I'm really glad to hear what the President's doing. I think it's fantastic. I think we have to we have to attack it that way at the border, both both borders, and that will help. I think absolutely. I think we have to. We have to launch an initiative at the mail with the mail as well, and use some technology. And I've heard that being kicked around that that hasn't come to the media yet, but that that there's a way to use AI and and our mail system and target potential places that they're dropping it now because we know, you know, we know, uh, you know places and overdoses are high and arrest are high. So the real quick answer is, yes, the President is making some bold steps on that front, and I think it will help. I think we have to do a lot more, but I think that helps.
Speaker 1: How is a reach United suggesting that we help those who are already suffering with the disease of addiction, especially of fentanyl. You're you're looking at a focus plan to allocate twenty five percent of opioid settlement to life saving initiatives that could save lives. Tell me about how this would work, George.
Speaker 2: We have a very focused approach at twenty five and we announced that Jerome Adams that's on our advisory committee was Trump's surgeon general in the last cycle. Jerome is on our team.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: We made an announcement with Jerome a couple of weeks ago on DC. We are suggesting, begging, pleading, hopefully encouraging over the opio debatement dollars, the billions that have been one on the backs of the kids that have died. Let's take twenty five percent of that and spend that on putting overdose reversal drugs NARCAN, the locks on op the patagans drugs out into common areas where people can get those, like convenience stores. We just launched a project in Tennessee where we put out vending machine and then we're putting up billboards with the members of the Titans football team holding up a the locks on box saying, you know, please carrying the locks on. So we have a very focused approach that is saying, let's use twenty five percent of that money and let's flood this country with the locks on products overdose reversal drugs hop fee that can save lives until the death rate drops by twenty five percent, So until it gets down to sixty seventy thousand. Let's focus our money there before we do anything else, because we know that if someone is dying that we could squirt the locks on in their nose and save them. That's a terrible thing. And we think right now across the country that you know, we have a lot of fantastic people putting the locks on in health department, and there's a lot of people doing a lot of good work.
Speaker 11: But if I walk.
Speaker 2: Into a restaurant in town and say how many folks in here are carrying overdose reversal drugs, I'd say twenty I would say fifty percent doesn't even know what it is. So we have to change that narrative immediately and let folks know that you should. If you're a soccer mom carrying the lock Sohong, if you're a pastor carrying the lock song, if you're whatever, carrying the lockshoun. So that's our focus right now, primarily with Reach and twenty five is to get that message out and work with states and counties and cities to make that happen.
Speaker 1: Well. Saving lives is certainly the main thing, George, but preventing the addiction in the first place said, the role that pharmaceutical companies played, the role i e. The opioid settlements, the role that doctors played and hospital played in stoking the fire of this. I mean, has everyone fully been held to account for what they did?
Speaker 2: That's a hard question. It probably not, probably not. I think that that that that there's an attempt to do that, and that will go on, I think, And you know, well, you have to look at the situation was so ripe, and you're right, the pharmaceutical companies led the charge, which they do as you know in most cases, to the problems we have. You know, we're a medicine driven society. We're not really a pure society. We are through medicine at it because it makes people money. Yes, So when you look at that and you have a society that you think about it, you know we don't communicate. Well, we have the perfect storm going on. In the last fifteen years, we've lost the communication ability of families talking to each other, of just community has went away. For the most part, and we're all in this world of internet and da da da da dah.
Speaker 11: So when you do that and.
Speaker 2: Then you introduce a drug that addicts people immediately, you have the perfect storm. So, you know, has everybody been held accountable as they should to kill off a million people? Probably not, you know what I mean. I mean, you know, we're not talking about a minor. Somebody didn't say what they ought to say. I really feel like, and you know, we talk a lot about this that you know, China now is sending fentanyl. I mean, that's the primary manufacturer of fentanyl, you know, And.
Speaker 25: And and we're we're at war with that.
Speaker 2: I mean, when you really think about it, it's an act of war to kill three hundred people a day. You know, you killing three hundred people a day in a country. So we have a lot I say that to say, there's a lot of people to hold accountable. There's a lot of countries to hold accountable. We're heading in that direction. I think we have an administration that uh and there's a lot there. I mean the president you have, but I think there's a lot of other people going into office right now that understand this.
Speaker 11: And we'll begin to put those pieces in place.
Speaker 1: I feel George massing Gil, thank you so much. Unfortunately, our time is up for now, but I plan on checking back in with you soon. Reach United is the name of the group, and thank you so much, God bless you.
Speaker 10: Thank you.
Speaker 2: You can tell your folks to go to our website dreach team dot com dreach team dot com to learn more.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you so much, George, God bless you. It's the nightcap on seven hundred WLW. One of many conversations that I have had with a J six defendant. And January sixth, twenty twenty one, as we all know, unless you've been living under a rock for the last ten years, protesters gathered at the US Capitol. They came first to hear Donald Trump at the Ellipse and he asked them, too, peacefully go to the Capitol and let your feelings be known about the twenty twenty election. And it was just it was another Trump rally that happened at the Capitol just before Joe Biden was going to eventually take office. And there are many people who were not happy about that event and how the twenty twenty election turned out. In fact, in the years since, in a court of law in Pennsylvania. A judge agreed that the election in that state was in fact illegal and the votes in Pennsylvania and been stolen. That's a matter of fact. I've talked to the lawyer on this program tonight. A J six defendant who was incarcerated was freed with a stroke of a pen by President Donald J. Trump on his first day in office. It took a while, but finally got out of the gulag, out of prison, and she is here to speak with us tonight. She is a mother of eight, a grandma, and someone who was patriotically and peacefully up to a point protesting at the Capitol on that day, and now she is finally out of the huscal. Rachel Powell joins us. Rachel, good evening, and thank you for being on the show.
Speaker 23: Thanks for having me. So good to hear our stories told finally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I want to know a little bit about your story. Tell me from beginning from you decide and you're gonna go to Washington. You're gonna hear President Trump. You're gonna go to the capital. Take me through that day, okay, and what you've done? All right?
Speaker 12: Sure?
Speaker 23: Well for me, it really starts.
Speaker 20: Before that day, I had gone to many protests because in my state of Pennsylvania, when COVID hit, they were telling us who's essential and who's not essential, and so I just was not okay with what was happening in our country. And so I've been going to protest and I believe in an election fraud for years. When Trump had that election stolen, to me, that wasn't surprising because I know that there's been problems with the voting machines for years, and so when he wanted us to go to DC, it was kind of like, finally, let's we're going to talk about the election fraud and these and these issues. You know, we're getting it's out in the open that there's these problems. But with Trump, it was so in our faith that everybody thought. Everybody saw the election problems that year. And so I went to DC and I could barely see Trump. He was like a little blip on a screen because I was way back at the Washington Monument, could barely hear him speak.
Speaker 12: And I went to the Capital ahead of most.
Speaker 20: People just because I couldn't hear him, I couldn't see him, So why not just head up to the Capitol, and I've been to f protest in DC.
Speaker 12: It's pretty normal.
Speaker 20: You go walk up the street, you walk around the Capitol, shouldn't be anything out of the ordinary. Usually we do some chance and we meet like minded people, and it's a lot of protests have a festive atmosphere, and so that's what I thought January sixth would me. But I get to the Capitol, there's still a barricade up around the capitol. It's a public side walk, and I was on the west side, which is considered the violent side of the Capitol, and the.
Speaker 23: Police were up on the balcony and they were just shooting down into the crowd of people not very long after I got there, and we were so confused, like why are they shooting us?
Speaker 20: And I know that they're supposed to be rubber bullets, but in those temperatures, it was like shooting rocks at us, and they're shooting down into the crowd. The guy near me, his name's Joshua Black. He got shot in his space, so I could look at a hole through his cheek, and then of course the pepper spray started and the tears.
Speaker 12: Well, uh, what do they called him?
Speaker 20: Flash bangs started and it just became very violent, and.
Speaker 12: That was so unexpected.
Speaker 1: Rachel, stop, stop just for a second. Why were the Capitol police shooting you? What? What was the crowd doing that deserved to have rubber bullets and flash flash bangs in their face? What were you doing when they were shooting?
Speaker 20: Well, that's what makes it so confusing, because we weren't doing anything out of the ordinary. We were standing on a public sidewalk holding signs. You know, we weren't doing anything violent. I didn't see anybody at that time trying to cause any trouble whatsoever, and so we were all very confused, and a lot of I saw grown men asking, you know, please and yelling at the.
Speaker 12: Police stop, please stop.
Speaker 20: We love you, you know. It was just very confusing. And at other protests, if something starts to get a little out of control, the police usually diffused the situation, and I've seen that done at other protests, but this was the opposite.
Speaker 12: It was being insided.
Speaker 20: And when we when the protesters were met with violence, Unfortunately, some of us became violent. But I don't believe that was the intention that day. I don't think that was supposed to happen. I just I just don't believe it, because if we went there with the intention to be insurrectionists and that's how the day went, we would be the worst insurrectionist ever. I mean, everybody's unarmed, you know, we show up for an insurrection with signs and d shirts. You know, it just doesn't make any sense. So yeah, I don't. I can't tell you why they were shooting us and acting the way that they were from the beginning.
Speaker 1: Well, what it's just very very much confuses me because you listen to the other side of the story, the weaponized DOJ side of the story, the FBI side of the story. Rachel and this mob was looking was out for blood, and all the lawmakers were in fear for their lives, and they were perpetrating violence against the Capitol police, and that's why the Capitol police responded the way they did. You're painting an entirely different picture for me. Although you did admit that some in your crowd they responded to the violence that was being incited with violence, and that happens. It's kind of human nature to do that. But why are they continuing to lie about a majority of the January sixth defendants as they continue to do to this very day. There and there are lawmakers and there are officials in law enforcement, particularly the FBI, that are insisting they didn't have informants or undercover agents in the crowd inciting the violence. Did you see anyone that looked like they really weren't part of your crowd, but they were in the middle of that crowd and they were the more violent ones. Did you see anyone in that crowd trying to incite the rest of you to violence?
Speaker 12: Rachel No, I didn't.
Speaker 20: I didn't see anybody that seemed out of the ordinary, But then the whole day was out of the ordinary, so it was just, you know, my understanding is when people were getting attacked some January sixth, people tried to stop those attacks, and when the barricades were being kidding just like the police were pushing the barricades on us, and when they kept doing that, it was protesters that removed those barricades.
Speaker 12: But we I didn't see.
Speaker 20: Anybody that was like, oh, I'm going to hurt the police, or let's attack the police. I didn't hear anybody saying let's take them down or anything like that.
Speaker 1: Do you think if if Donald Trump had been able to as he requested. He offered Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer Uh the National Guard there, and he said it probably wouldn't have taken too many to control, you know, whatever rebel rousers there were in the crowd that stormed the Capitol and Uh allegedly committed the violent acts. Do you feel like if there'd been National Guard there aiding the Capitol police, that a lot of this would not have occurred at all?
Speaker 20: Okay, I don't know if the Capitol police were doing it on purpose or if they're just not trained well.
Speaker 23: But I feel like if there was anybody trained.
Speaker 20: Well, and maybe that would have been with the National Guard, the day would have gone completely different. If the police just weren't shooting us from the beginning, and they would have just let us stand on the public side and can't and you know, meet each other at the end of the day, we would have all just gone home, just like at every other rally. And so, yeah, the National Guard probably would have made a difference, because I would assume that they're strained to handle the situation better. I don't understand why they weren't brought in in the first place, and that's one of those big questions, you know, why didn't been there and why didn't Pelosi bring them in? Because it was offered for help.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Donald Trump offered the extra security through the National Guard, and it was up to Pelosi and maryel Bowser to decide whether they would accept or reject that, and they rejected it, and it kind of makes you question their reasoning. I'll tell you what, if you can hang on just a second, I'm going to take a quick break and come back, because I want to hear about your time in the DC gulog and what they did to you as far as you know, the whole rit of Habeas corpus thing, and your ability to communicate with your attorneys, and all the other horror stories that I have heard from other J six ers. Rachel Powell is our guest. She's free now, free at last, Free at last, Thank God Almighty, She's free at last. We'll be right back with more in a moment. On seven hundred, WLW pardoned January sixth defendant Rachel Powell, who was on on January sixth, twenty twenty one, in our nation's capital. She was one of the many who were scooped up by the Feds and accused of I don't know, parading and whatever other charge they could come up. Nobody was charged with insurrection, even though that's what we continue to hear happened on that day. Rachel Powell, you weren't in You say you weren't incarcerated in d What did you get arrested for? First?
Speaker 20: Okay, well, I've owned it this whole time. I did break the window on January six I was up at the tunnel when Roseanne boil And died and the whole situation was out of control. It was a six hundred dollars window, which is actually a misdemeanor charge because the windows less than a thousand dollars. But I didn't just get property destruction. I ended up with three felonies, one of which the Supreme Court said later on, you can't use against these January sixth people. And then I had six misdemeanors, so there were you know, civil disorder charges, and I mean, really, I should have been responsible for that window. I'm sorry for the window. I'm sorry for going places I shouldn't have been, but it was still blown out of proportion, and they ended up giving me almost a five year setence.
Speaker 1: Why did you break the window? Rachel?
Speaker 20: Well, I had just seen Roseanne boil and die while I heard die, and once I got to the bottom of the pile, she was just laying there and I thought I could give a CPR, but the police are probably just going to come out of this hallway and kill me too. And we had all heard that somebody had been shot at the Capitol. Who was now we know is Ashley bab It. Then we didn't know who she was. We just knew somebody was dead. And I went and I broke a window to see the layout of this other room that was beside us so people could fill it. And that's what happened. I didn't go there that day with the intended of, Oh, I'm gonna bus this capital up, but unfortunately I did. And yeah, so that got me almost five years for a sentence after a three year strict house arrest where I couldn't even go in the yard, couldn't take my kids for part of their medical appointments, couldn't go to the grocery store.
Speaker 12: A lot of the time.
Speaker 20: They decided I couldn't even go out to work for part of it.
Speaker 12: So for that three years that didn't.
Speaker 20: Count towards my time served at all, and then I had an almost five year prison setence given to me on top of that.
Speaker 1: All right, so where did they stick you?
Speaker 20: Yeah, I self surrendered to the SFF Hazleton, which is in Bruceton Mills, West Virginia. It is a terrible, awful it's it's the worst female prison in the United States.
Speaker 18: I see.
Speaker 1: I didn't get my Prisons monthly magazine, so I don't know there was a ranking, but it was the worst. You say it's the worst women's prison, and that's notorious for that, correct.
Speaker 12: That's correct.
Speaker 20: If you did an Internet search on it, you would see it's right at the top for the men's facilities for being near the top for the worst, but for women it is the worst. It's supposed to be a women's low, which I should have been in a camp, not in a in any kind of higher security prison, but they put me in a higher security prison because they considered me a domestic terrorist. And the facility is supposed to be just women's but it's not just a women's facility there. There are biological meal inmates there, which I guess they're finally removing. But I reports the house with them for a full year, and they're not just male, but they're all sex offenders that were there. You know, people that you just would never want to house with as a female, and they're You're locked in the cell most of your time, at least eleven to twelve hours a day, sometimes for days on end, where you have to share a toilet and the small space.
Speaker 12: With another human being. You're never alone.
Speaker 20: And on top of that, you know, there was basically no medical care. The roofs leaps terribly, so we had to catch the water coming in in garbage cans and it would run down the walls and set the fire alarms off. The water in multiple buildings of hot water didn't exist, wasn't a thing, so in the winter before I left Hazleton, we had cold showers there. And in visiting my family, they would come to see me almost weekly. My family, they're just amazing, And that prison was about three hours from home for my family, so my kids would come see me at least once a month, and then family and friends would rotate through there. And the prison didn't want me having visitors. They told me at the beginning, don't have your family come visit you here.
Speaker 12: But when they would.
Speaker 20: Come, each time I got an extra unnecessary stritzer which was done totally improper, they would refuse to give me a lunch. So if my family came to see me, forget it.
Speaker 12: I'm not going to I'm not getting lunch that day.
Speaker 20: And I could keep going on and on, but you know, you get the point of how terrible that prison was.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's a it's a psychological kind of torture. There's no question about it. It's not just punishment. It is Uh, it's torture, period but plain and simple, that's what it's. That's what it sounds like to me. Were you denied access to your attorneys? What what happened when you would go to court? And uh, were they given evidence or I mean, what happened there?
Speaker 20: Well, I had to deal with that while I was on house wrecks, so I would have to travel out to DC for my hearings or do them on zoom from the house I was staying in. But they so I had access to my lawyers, but I didn't get my discovery, you know, the evidence against me until about cheeks before my trial. And it was this huge jump of evidence which was impossible to sort through, and so I felt very ill prepared to take my bench trial.
Speaker 1: Sure, sure, well, I mean, are you starting to get back? Are you? Are you let me ask you this? Are you upset? Are you? Do you feel regret about going to the Capitol on January sixth to exercise your First Amendment rights to readdress grievances with the government.
Speaker 20: Okay, well, I have huge regrets for my accents that date. I wish I could go back and change things, but I can't. That being said, I don't have any regrets as an American going to protests and rallies because America, do we even have an America. If we don't have a fair and free election, we don't. It controls every aspect of our life. So I think it's really important for Americans to be heard, especially on that subject, and for protests to get be able to keep happening without having to worry about long prison sentences. Because this is America, you know, this is not a third world country. And I'm just I'm so sad for what happened on that day. It just really shows where country has.
Speaker 12: Gone to and it's sad. So that's that's how I feel. About that.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like do you feel like we're on the right track again with the President Trump cleaning things out.
Speaker 20: The next four years are going to be maggnificent.
Speaker 12: He is already cleaning up and it's going to be great.
Speaker 1: All right, Rachel Paulla. I appreciate you telling your story with us tonight, and I'm so glad that you're out and the rest of the people that got pardon simply for you know, exercising their constitutional guaranteed rights of freedom of expression, freedom of speech, and the ability to assemble and air your grievances that you have with the government, because, after all, in this country, supposedly the government belongs to us. We don't belong to the government. All right, Rach, thank you so much. Take care, God bless Rachel Powell j sixer now freed. Freed again on seven hundred wlw Uary third, twenty twenty five with an old friend we welcome back. Have talked to him before, always enjoyed our conversations. He knows probably more than I do, which is always good. When you're a talk show host, you want to have people that are smarter than you on the air with you. Kenneth repose it joins us and Ken give me your give me your official stats. Where do you come from and what do you do? Yees?
Speaker 21: So I am a analyst with the Coalition for a Prosperous America and prior to that, I was a staff reporter for the Wall Street Journal in Brazil, and then after that I worked for Forbes covering the bricks and other emerging markets like Mexico for about eleven years. I left there in twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Where is the bricks movement now? Is that still a real threat to the American dollar?
Speaker 21: I wouldn't say it's a threat to the American dollar, but I would say that the bricks movement as a group of large emerging ecmpanies, that's definitely growing.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 21: And let me tell you what you mentioned, the bricks dollar, right, So we're talking about tariffs and so on. So that's the news over the last two weeks with Trump. So you know, Trump had said that, you know, if the bricks are going to move away from the dollar, then they're going to be hit with one hundred percent tariffs.
Speaker 12: Right.
Speaker 21: Yeah, Now, the bricks only wanted to move, only discuss moving away from the dollar because they have seen what the US has done under the Biden government with their partner nations. They upstate basically froze well not basically, but they froze Russian Central Bank money that's never been done before, at least not in our lifetime. They think might have been done like during the Revolutionary War, but has it with the Bank of England. But it hasn't been done in our lifetimes. So all these countries you have to imagine, are saying, you know, if you're Brazil, you would think I'm one felled tree in the Amazon away from being sanctioned from by Europe and the United States for climate change. Or if you're African nation, you're thinking I'm one band pride parade away from not being able to get US aid. Okay, So you know, these are countries that have said that have said to each other in their you know, in their bricks meetings which they have once a year, is we're going to figure out a way to diversify away from the dollar, because if all of a sudden we find ourselves sanctioned, then we can't use the dollar for trade.
Speaker 18: It's going to be very disruptive for us. So we have to.
Speaker 21: Prepare for that. And that's why that talk of you know, the dollar no longer being in the reserve currency. That's where it stems from. Stems from the weaponization of the dollar as a sanctioned instrument that's never been used in the way that it's been used.
Speaker 1: Right well, and talk about the heavy handedness of using the dollar and tariffs. Donald Trump has made it clear. I mean he campaigned on this. You know, that's the one thing. I've been a Trump supporter for a long time. I've voted for the man three times now to be president of these United States of America. I And it was the same in the first term, even though he didn't know his way around the machine in Washington and got blindsided by all the persecution and everything that happened in his first term. But he has routinely, i mean religiously tried to do everything once he got into office that he campaigned on, and one of those things was bringing down prices and tariffs and charging other countries the tax so American's tax burden would be less and alone behold. You know, he signed the executive order and tariffs on Mexico and Canada at twenty five percent, on China, further tariffs on Chinese products, and and and and we're seeing all kinds of different results. But you know, the Democrats are going nuts because they're saying this tariffs are attacks on the consumer in America and it's going to cost us even more to buy eggs and gas and at all your i mean your comments on that.
Speaker 21: Okay, Well, first of all, these are comments from political operatives who exist to do one thing and one thing only, and that is belittle and you know, make nonsensical the thoughts of the opposition in this case Trump and his and his policies and his supporters as well. So they're out there like Chuck Schumer, he's going to be laughing about how haha, your corona's going to.
Speaker 10: Cost more money, ha ha.
Speaker 21: Avocados are going to cost more money, ha ha. Your super Bowl party.
Speaker 10: Is going to be so stupid ha ha.
Speaker 4: Lou.
Speaker 21: That's that's you know, that's what's going on. You almost see it in their face. They're gonna smirk when they when they're telling you that, you say, it's it's sophomorek really, and it's irrelevant because guess what. The tariffs on Mexico, the TAFT threat has already been removed, so your corona and your avocado is not going to cost more money.
Speaker 11: And let's not.
Speaker 21: Forget that California also has avocados, and we also make beer in this country.
Speaker 10: You don't need to get a corner if.
Speaker 21: You don't want to. And you know, if it costs twenty cents more than hey, if you can't afford that, well maybe you should just be drinking milk or water.
Speaker 1: Upper Midle I don't know. I don't know, Kenneth. Upper Midwest States get sixty percent of their gas from Canada, and that tariff there, that twenty five percent tariff on Canada would definitely EFFI effect prices at the pump, which, as you know, everybody knows, prices at the pump affect the price of everything else because it has to be delivered.
Speaker 21: So sure, absolutely absolutely. And now that tariff, if I remember correctly, was it was going to be a ten percent tariff. But let me say something that's very important here that a lot of people don't understand. It's very important. The tariff on Trump okay, the tasks on Mexico and Canada okay, and the ten percent additional tasks on China. These were what I called the help of brother out terriffs, right, These are tariff threats that are designed to exact concessions from another country, and the concession was we are putting these tariffs. We're using these emergency tariffs because we have a national security issue. We have a border crisis at most of the southern border, but growing in the northern border, and we have a fatanel crisis that has turned iconic American cities, parts of iconic American cities like San Francisco and Philly into sci fi dystopias. If you guys are not willing to help us fight this, if you're not willing to help us, because the previous government didn't care about it, but we do. And if you're not willing to help us, We're going to hit you with these tariffs.
Speaker 18: That's it.
Speaker 21: Yeah, Okay, So all Mexico and Can't has to do is say we are willing to help you. And we have seen because of meetings between the two sides, at least between Mexico the United States, already that Claudia Shinebaum, the President of Mexico, has said we will help you. And it makes sense that she would say that because Claudia Shinbaum did exactly what the previous government wanted her or wanted Amlo, you know, overdoor. The previous government wanted them to do, which was, let those caravans sail in, Let the people rattle the cages and rattle the fences at the border and barge in through customs, Let the customs Asians just sit there like the Keystone cops, and put them on a bus to go to the Roosevelt Hotel in New York City so they could go do whatever it is they're going to do, like it's Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving and they're shopping for you know, a big screen tell exactly. So Trump is saying we're not going to do that anymore, and Mexico has said, okay.
Speaker 10: We agree, we're not.
Speaker 21: We're on your team. And because of that reason, Trump has already put a pause on those tariffs. Traffs have not even gone into.
Speaker 1: Effect yet Canada a one month pause. He's supposed to. He was to talk to Trudeau a second time today. I know he spoke with him earlier in the day, and I don't think the situation in Canada will be as easy because we really don't know who the next prime minister of that country is going to be Trudeau was on his way out. He's already announced he's stepping down. So you're not going to be dealing with Trudeau. You might be dealing with a friendlier prime minister in Canada because there is a large conservative movement in that country right now.
Speaker 21: Correct Or the worst case scenario, you could be dealing with Christia Freeland, who would be She's a Davos girl. She would be terrible for the Trump administration. The New York Times would love her. They would see her as the president of the Americas.
Speaker 10: Actually so, but we.
Speaker 21: Do not know. So Again, I want to just say to your listeners, is that the most important thing to understand what Trump with tariffs is this what we saw with Columbia, with Mexico and with Canada. This is a threat to exact conceps. If I'm asking you to do something, help a brother out. If I'm asking to help me out and you don't do it, okay, I'm gonna punish you because this is this is just not right. If you do do it, the punishment is removed, and then the other tasks, as you auted to earlier, would be what's called the revenue taft to collect revenues. You could cut taxes in the United States, especially the Tax Cutting Jobs Act, which expires next year or maybe even the end of this year. Or to punish countries and sectors that overproduce and dump product in the United States, as in the case in China or as a case in Global Steel, for example, you would go after those sectors. So that's that's Those are the three prong strategy approach of Trump.
Speaker 18: With Terras, We're.
Speaker 1: Talking with Kenneth Proposa on the Night Camp and ken I'm gonna take a just a quick break and we'll come back and finish up, because I'm gonna hit you with some stuff that I just heard today on the news about the h the green News scam and another another another domino just fell today. Uh it's the nightcap on seven hundred w lws stick around today. And I can't remember the name of the company that got all of the tax breaks and the grants from yours and my tax money during the Obama era, all in the way of sustainable green energy, you know, when the push really really started. But it reminded me so much of another Obama era boondoggle that was Celindra, where he granted half a billion dollars to this company, which of course eventually ran out of money and went bankrupt, leaving all of us on the hook for that half billion. You wonder how you get to You wonder how you get to thirty six trillion. It's a half billion at a time. And that's what's been going on. Well, this new they had a big mirror. What it was was data. These mirrors not solar panels, but mirrors installed in the Mojave Desert in California that supposedly was going to be a boon for energy producing and you know, more efficient and economically friendly, and Californians were made to buy their energy by the state, made to buy their energy from this company, and it was five times higher than they were paying before for their electricity. They had giant mirrors out in the desert that would they would retain the sunlight and shoot it to towers that boiled water and produced electricity. Was that they called it to a bird killer, just like wind farms. It was a bird killer because the sun that the heat coming off these mirrors from the direct sunlight as birds flew over, was just incinerating them in the air well apparently this company that was doing this has said that they're shutting down and they just can't make any money and they're losing money, of course, even though they were the golden ticket to a new age and energy another Obama era bust. So any comments on that and situations like that can wow.
Speaker 21: Yes, I did not hear about that, and I wish I did it because I have a comment, a better comment, But I.
Speaker 10: Could tell you something from a bigger picture.
Speaker 21: So let's say you're Obama and I don't remember the cylinder story too much, but you're giving a billion dollars a year to Solindra at this company to make solar panels and solar right, Yeah, that's what you're going to do. You could because you want American solar. Okay, that's that's a good idea.
Speaker 18: You want American made solar.
Speaker 21: Okay, Fine, we're gonna help you out, but you don't put tariffs on anything. So you forget that most of the solar supply chain and most of your solar competitors are in China, and they are just going to produce so many solar panels and solar cells and these things.
Speaker 11: It's like a.
Speaker 21: Global commodity like like soybeans, that they're going to drive the price down. So if you're a big utility company, right like let's say, however, your big utility provider is in a in your neck of the woods, we build a solar farm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have Duke Energy in this area.
Speaker 21: Yeah, so do Duke says we're gonna build a solar farm because the government's gonna.
Speaker 10: Help us out.
Speaker 21: Well, I could buy these solar panels from Solindra for five dollars, but I could buy these from.
Speaker 1: Asia for a dollar.
Speaker 21: What do you think Duke Energy is gonna do? So you cannot have a situation where you're subsidizing a company like Solindro or x y z Cord that's making solar and you're not protecting that market from your main competitor who's gonna underprice.
Speaker 1: You all day long.
Speaker 21: So the thing with the thing what we saw with the Inflation Reduction Act, for example, which is which is interesting, was another attempt to do what Obama tried to do. We're gonna give tax incentives to companies that produce soling. I think because we don't want fossil fuels, we want to go solar, and we want American made solar. Well, the interesting thing with the Inflation Reduction Act and and and UH insensitivizing domestic solar is that again mostly all the solar produces in the world are Chinese. So the Chinese is saying, Okay, we're gonna avoid those, you know, some of these solo tafts, so we're gonna move to the United States. Then we're gonna make solar factors. And I state.
Speaker 10: So a lot of the Inflation of Reduction Act.
Speaker 21: Tax incentives which you get a tax break for producing for making solar. Right, so you made one thousand dollars worth of solar, you can write thousand dollars off your taxes. Let's say that's the simplest terms of explaining it to you to your listeners. A lot of the companies who are benefiting from the Inflation and Reduction Act, oddly enough, well not oddly enough, other Chinese solar companies that come in here. So it's it's a crazy story. It's a mixed up policy with the energy policy that force people into renewables when it's driving up energy costs and you are not doing as much as you can to block you know, uh, the entrance of lower priced Chinese solar. If you want to have a domestic sol it would be like us saying, okay, we love oil or we don't like oil because we don't like O pack. But at least OPEK is you know, six seven nations, right, Okay, But now you're saying, we're not going to do OPEC. We're not gonna do oil and gas anymore, We're just going to do solar.
Speaker 10: But solar is one nation.
Speaker 21: It's China, and China dominates the entire solar market. So if you want to build an American solar American solar companies, you have to come up with some sort of protective measures, including things like tax incentives. But you have to combine the two. Otherwise you're want to end up with a solindro because they're just not going to be able to compete. They're not gonna make ends meet because the ultimate buyer, like a DO Energy's going to say, I could buy from China for half the price, I'm not going to buy from you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, Kenneth, this is the whole thing. And the problem with solar and wind is that sometimes the sun doesn't shine, sometimes the wind doesn't blow, that oil and that natural gas is in the ground, it is ready, it is ripe for the picking. Donald Trump insists he was going to do everything he could to drill baby drill, frack baby frack and get us back on track as the dominant energy leader in the world again. We won't need to worry about OPEK. Really seriously, we have enough natural resources in this country. And it's clean energy without being you know, green energy. It's clean energy because the technologies come so far, especially liquid natural gas, that we don't we really don't have to rely on Canada or Venezuela or Opex Saudi Arabia at all if we just untaped the wealth of resources we have in this country. And that's what Donald Trump is targeting to do.
Speaker 21: Well, yes, and exactly. And the more supply you have in the United States as well, that sort of impacts the global oil pasture. Unfortunately, oil is a global commodity, right, so we produce too much oil. That's the problem. If America produces too much oil, then unless the Saudis or the Iraqis decide, or the Venezuela decides, they're going to produce less than the soil than the oil price falls, which is great for you and I at the gas pump. But then for the big oil company say hey, look I can't have twenty dollars barrel oil. I'm not going to make any money. Your everything sort of goes in balance.
Speaker 1: You know, you got you got to play that game of balancing it just right. But yeah, more American produced energy I think would be welcomed by most people in this country.
Speaker 21: Kenneth, absolutely, and less less you know, imported solar or imported from your wind. And again, if you want to have solar and wind, that's fine, I think. So if you had solar on your house and a big Tesla batter in your basement, you could electrify your house with solar from your rooftop. Then that might be when you become an independent prow producer yourself, that might be a great, a great solution. But when it's like a big solar farm taking up one hundred acres of former farmland down for my house, which actually is the thing, and wind turbines on the horizon line of my beach by the dozens, which is actually a thing now, and my energy bill has gone my electric bill has gone up thirty three percent, which is also a thing because Matthewsts decided they're going to mandate solar and win. Sixty percent of your electricity have to come from that tenders and no one supports that.
Speaker 1: Well, it might be a good time to move, Kenneth. Thank you so much for your time. Brother, as al was Kenneth reposa on the nightcap. As we close things out, how about our star spangled banner to honor America. We'll do that now on seven hundred WLW