Speaker 1: Hey, I'm Anchie and I'm Ryan and we're Love Spirals. Welcome to Chunleup Spirals Episode ninety five.
Speaker 2: On four, twenty twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Oh, I was promised we're back with a new single and a new episode of the show.
Speaker 2: Kind of go hand in hand, they do.
Speaker 1: That's the promise, maybe the pinky promise. One single, one episode of the podcast per month, time permitted.
Speaker 2: All right, So with that out of the way, the biggest news going on right now is that our brand new single Will It Ever Be the Same. Actually, it's a remix. It's a VIP remix, which stands for variance in production. Well, it's out on all streaming platforms now whatever you got, like you know, Apple Music, Spotify, title of Amazon and all that stuff. And if you're not familiar with this concept VIP remix. The song Will It Ever Be the Same originally appeared on our twenty eighteen album Long Way No Not Long Way from Home. Life Goes On. But I was just we were just talking about long Way.
Speaker 1: From Home, I know, els and whatnot, But that's when they came out.
Speaker 2: I think we wrote the song a few years before that, so it's you know, maybe close to ten years old or so, I'm sure, and I don't know what bit me. One night, I was listening to probably some K pop or something, and the idea just came to my head. I didn't even think I said anything to her. I said, you know, I should consider remixing. Will it ever be the same? I think I could fit in really well with the kind of stuff we've been putting out for the past like year or so. So a few days later, I just silently pulled it up. I found the old project yeah, and on Logic started working on. I go, hey, I think I'm on some.
Speaker 1: I remember now, Yeah, this is not one that we discussed in advance. You came out and you said you were working on one from that album. Yeah, And I don't know if you asked me to guess, but I didn't guess this one. But I do remember when we were working on the album, we thought, oh, this is a pretty great song.
Speaker 2: But but I thought I could make it better because we've learned a lot since then, We've gotten better as musicians and producers.
Speaker 1: We must not have been as excited about how it turned out as when we were writing it, because I don't remember. It's promoting it a whole lot that day. But it's hard when you have like nine songs, yeah, album, it's hard to give the same amount of attention and Karen love to all of them. Yeah, you know, some of them got music videos and some didn't, and some you know, got pushed more on on podcasts and whatnot. This one kind of slipped through the crack.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so even our fans from them may have not been too familiar with it. So we have a whole new like generation really literally, like so many younger people have discovered our music since like the past, over the past like three odd four years or so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, since the dominant you know, streaming platform.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think yeah, so we have all these like gen zers and younger you know, and younger millennials discovering our stuff too. So this is really cool. Like most people and most of them never heard this song when it came so it's a brand new song. And it really kind of is a brand new song, just kind of based on a slightly older recording that we added and massaged into. We checked it, we're all done with the mix, so let's put on the twenty eighteen version just for just a comparison. Finally it's like, oh wow, yeah, we really took it to a whole new level.
Speaker 1: Well, let's talk about some of the things that we upgraded.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, once you start, I've been blabbing for a bit.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, for one thing, I really enjoy how you added the more modern electronic percussion, like the eight A weight.
Speaker 2: That's what as I thought, like, we've been doing that in a lot of our songs like Newmanon and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's that thing we talked about last time. So we're trying to have more of a continuity between you know, our releases and bringing in that type of percussion.
Speaker 2: Mentioned what eights are. It's a drummer shine from like the eighties, made by Ron. It's like legendary. It's one of the most if not the most famous drum machine of all time. It wasn't popular when it came out. I was supposed to like sound like a real drum machine, which was not really possible in the eighties, and at least not for like under a thousand or whatever, at least under ten thousand bucks. Anyway, they kind of died a quick depth, but they got popularized later about like like like all sorts of electronic music like hip hop. It's it's you've probably heard it for decades and not know what it was.
Speaker 1: Just some great documentaries on Aniway's and like you know, instructional type videos you can find on YouTube if you want to know more about it.
Speaker 2: We have The Cocktail Twins Us out on their first album, Garlands, and they got rid on quickly because it's kind of primitive. Anyway, it's been it's been pretty popular, yeah right now, like hip hop, K pop, trap and an R and B. It's just it's just it keeps going. It's life keeps going. And I've been yeah, I don't know why I waited so long to try to integrate eight to eight sounds into our music. And it's just it's perfect fit that it's known that Atawait's known for having a super fat Have you ever heard of a cargo buy that kick drums booming and shaking your house? It's probably from an AA. We don't make it that exactly, but I'm saying it has a really super fat kick which feels in the low end like nothing else does. And you can actually tune that that that kick to be a musical pitch or musical pitches, so you can have that play the bassline. In fact, I did stuff like that on Dump my drum and Bass album with you know.
Speaker 1: Flex Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: But anyway, Yeah, it goes in really well with this bassy ethereal thing that we're into.
Speaker 1: Here's what I love about the ato weights. I feel like it cuts through our particular wall of sound.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, cuts, yeah more so than like if I just had some drummer kind of sounds like a dude. It just carries the beat and that's fine, but it doesn't really make much of an impact. But it went cuts and and you just you have to you you feel it, you know, you're a weights there.
Speaker 1: High hats too. I think that the high hats you can hear them well even despite you know, the female voice and the electric guitar with you know, like all the reverbon delay, you can still really hear and feel the percussion and it, you know, it helps to gently propel the songs, which is what we need. We need general propulsion in our songs. Yeah, we're not like leeds up or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's for me. That's one of the major differences. Adding in the vocal sample too, which is another kind of modern song technique.
Speaker 2: Yeah, real live. We cut out a partners saying tell me and then just put it into a sampler and logic and just started using it as like an old school like nineties sample.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not as different in some ways as the Call had.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was very different that one I used. Yeah a dude, that's again a VIP remix of a song from not as old, maybe a couple of years ago at most. And yeah, I had a drum thing going on that was like emulating a human being. It just makes sense for that kind of that style of music, you know. Yeah, the Call is kind of a little bit of an outlier in that regard.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it always has been.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah it will ever be the same, just totally in the full right there, right up there, like new min on and everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not.
Speaker 2: Why we put it on. Sometimes I'm just thinking, ah, man, it's so beautiful and just just so depressing. It reminds me of super depressing. It reminds me like Cure's Pornography.
Speaker 1: Album that I told you the other night, Like as soon as the song starts.
Speaker 2: Like everything is horrible, Oh you're just terrible.
Speaker 1: But then I love how we heard it the other night, like late night. It's perfect, the perfect time to listen to. Will it ever be the same? Late night? And so it starts off it's like devastating. You just felt like flattening your back of their eyes closed. Then it just starts building a little tension a little more. And then when that guitar comes in.
Speaker 2: Someone said I showed it on the Friday Life. Yeah. Someone, Oh, I see you got that Robin Guthry guitar going Yeah, I suppose no, mine is sadder.
Speaker 1: I think it's yours, is you?
Speaker 2: I think I'm more depressed than he is, But I don't want to have a contest.
Speaker 1: Well he was on cocaine, so yeah, okay, well.
Speaker 2: That was later on, but he's on a lot of weed before that.
Speaker 1: Oh really, Yeah, you don't. You don't do four twenty and then start recording us, not how.
Speaker 2: It's cool if you have like a tape off to handle everything. I just made a talent and be all super high.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's cool.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, since we're doing all the technology, not getting high. Yeah, I want to think that people have been leaving comments. It's not like a Dailers or anything, but it's it's always nice to see things coming through on social media, and you know, it makes you feel Oh, I've been seen and heard. So I wrote a couple down here. Oh, old friend Ben on Ig he was I think he was the very first person to comment. He said, Wow, this one sounds so good today, feeling the sentiment of the lyrics a lot. Oh. I know.
Speaker 2: Great that other people can relate to our super depressed one.
Speaker 1: I know, because that's like what I when I set the song out, I was like, oh, I promise this is like the last of our super dark depressing songs, like we're you know, we'll came back with the little something I said. I think I said something like this is probably our most devastating song.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a perfecting.
Speaker 1: And someone immediately wrote like, I don't mind dark songs a bit, So when you come to the right place.
Speaker 2: You don't mind devastating song, I think, don't mind super dark. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh, and then like kind of tied into Ben's and then I noticed someone on Facebook had said.
Speaker 2: Said, thank you for this beautiful song. I so needed it after the trauma I've been through.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I bet you really did to everything that you put me through.
Speaker 2: So crazy, and on YouTube Reforming Games commented with a beautiful song. I traveled to another dimension with it. I loved it. Thank you. That's that's go. All these comments, everything that these people said in the comments, it's it's it's cool because now now we know we're just not like alone in the world in the sense that I mean the feelings that we feel when we hear this our stuff. Other people have that shared experience. So it's kind of I don't know what the word is, but there's something comforting about that.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 2: I mean, on top of the fact, you know, I'm glad they're enjoying it, but there's something more that the connection seems quite similar.
Speaker 1: If we can make sorrow like I'm perfectly happy being in that space.
Speaker 2: That's cool. Just shows how universal some of these feelings are, you know. We that's because you know the kind of way, the way I produce music, it has it's pluses and minuses. I don't want to I'll just kind of hide the minuses from you. But the plus, the thing I do better than most. I would say, I'm not boasting. I'm just telling you what you know. Plus is like I'm I just really just go for some intense emotions and the chords, the production. I'm I have a lot of darker weird I'm just so this weird emotional thing I tap into and I just just go for hardcore. I don't hold back. So if I'm pulling something out and get into the music and people can feel that and connect to it, thank you doing something right. So thanks for for suing that. You know, I'm not just alone in my thoughts and feelings.
Speaker 1: That's why I wanted to pull out a few comments, because you know, I do most of the social media, so Ryan doesn't always necessarily see the comments. Yeah, but if you leave a great comment, I will be sure to make sure yeah he hears it.
Speaker 2: Our season.
Speaker 1: Oh, I was actually really stoked to see a comment from our old friends at Soma.
Speaker 2: FM, an online radio station. That's for a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah. When this album that that the song came from, Life Goes On. When Life Goes On originally came out twenty eighteen, So my FMS Russy Hodges was a huge, huge supporter of the album.
Speaker 2: I was paying for like weeks, months and years a long time.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, So we were talking about on one of the older episodes about like how we were in the top thirty for like several months. We even had the we were going back and forth and getting them having the number one spot. I think I think our friends, Oh man, who are those Halo? I think Halu took it at one point, but we got we got it back at that.
Speaker 2: I know the nice people, I've met them before.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So anyway, so he wrote what do you right? Wrote really like this, So I don't know if he even I don't even know if he realized that it was from that same.
Speaker 2: Album and if that's why he really liked because he liked it from the twenty eighteen album and then now this new thing we did to it or we forgot and he just.
Speaker 1: So hopefully I'll make it into rotation to get over there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was on his lush channel where we're ask the l U s A.
Speaker 1: I mean, he still plays a lot of love Spartles and angibeyond Lush right now. He still does. I don't think I ever saw him pick up Newman on or some of the others. But no, I know he's got a lot going on. He's really rezillient.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, another station left of comment Big Sonic Havin Radio. They said they love it.
Speaker 2: They love it. Yeah, great news, and you mentioned here they supported our previous single used to be two singles back, I should say, like yeah, four or five months ago on their New music quote New music.
Speaker 1: Show, Yeah music so so yeah. So anyway, so it's good to know that they've still got us in mind. So we'll see, you know, we're doing this literally the song just dropped Friday and here we are Sunday. Yeah, so it really hasn't had a chance to disseminate yet on any podcasts or radio.
Speaker 2: We're quick car getting a single podcast and may able to put out a podcast without having a new release. But it's been our pattern so far.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: We want to let you guys know and just tell you, like, what are what's going on in our heads? And you know how we there's a lot going on. Yeah, it's just both our emotions and our our processes. In case you're curious, and you might be if you're still sticking around this point.
Speaker 1: I know, Bless your heart. Your first listen just played the Call of vi IP mix.
Speaker 2: So cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's all I got to get this mixed out to the Masoup fact this is what I got to start doing on Monday. I gotta start sending everybody the information on all these stations and try to make the rounds as I were. Yeah, oh, speaking of making the rounds, I just did an hour long video interview with DJ Nocturna for her show The Higher Octave. We ostensibly got together to talk about my participation in Brandon's Restless Mosaic album. I was on the first single. I probably mentioned it before, but then we talked about like everything else. She was asking me, asking all these questions about my ancient past and stuff. So if you're curious about, like, yeah, how I got to where I am today, more or less, we stumbled through some of those things. And uh, it's on YouTube and I'll definitely put a link to it in the show for sure, and you can you can find it also on lovesprouls dot com. I have it linked as well. Go to our website, please do. I have been updating it and trying to keep it, you know, filled with detta and whatnot.
Speaker 2: It. Yeah, I just went back to a more simple, super easy to update theme. Before we have these more complicated, more way more professional looking themes, and they look cool, but they were like frozen in time because we didn't want to update Americ because there's always a pain, they ask. So I went back and found this super simple word press theme that you know, it's just it's just like kind of old school it. It looks pretty, let's the art speak for itself. But yeah, it's really organized well and it's super easy to update.
Speaker 1: It's so easy an update. I could probably update it for my phone. It's like no big deal. So yeah, so I make sure that you know, every time we have a single, uh, a podcast, a VID cast, a video, I get all that stuff up there. There's an interview. I try to put lyrics and interviews like I've been going back and finding old interviews and trans It's so easy to transcribe written interviews now you just press a little thing on your iPhone just gives you all the text. Pays, you know, make a make a quick page. So I've been computers. Yeah, I've been trying to get information out to the internet. So that's what I've been doing. But we are also working on a brand new song.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but really close. I need to yeah maybe later on today. Well, I'm good together. I've been we've been working on a new song. It's not a mixing song. Yeah, and yeah, I've been. I spent like two or three days this last week just really mixing hardcore headphones on a long time to check the things the speakers and realize I need to make more too.
Speaker 1: So too.
Speaker 2: Three days of that and now you got to get Angie in here, get her feedback and see what she thinks you like it. Should we add some more stuff or not? You know, we'll see. But yeah, it's good. Good for me too, I think you know, today's Sunday. I haven't mixed since Thursday, so it's good to have some fresh ears too. So so we have two pairs of fresh air and when we check it out maybe later today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've been kind of working on you know, like we got one one vocal section down, I got another vocal section down.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Then like pretty recently I went in and I completed my harmonies and then you yeah, once we're trying to figure out what you want to do at the end.
Speaker 2: Yeah, once you get all your vocals in, then I go back and do more. And that's when I really start sculpting and massaging the song to really go as I told Angie. I'm just really trying to make it go from like a pretty good demo to like a real Love Spirals production that you guys are used to hearing. That's kind of where the magic happens. I guess I.
Speaker 1: Love it all right, sweet, So yeah, I think we gave him a little hint about that last time, a little bit when I were very close.
Speaker 2: Now and it's not as devastating.
Speaker 1: It's not.
Speaker 2: It's still not totally like uppity major keyed uplifting, no, but it's just not as devastating devastating.
Speaker 1: That's funny. Yeah, we were kind of capped off winter with the you know, will whatever be the same VIP mix, and now we're going to kind of bring a little bit of spring vibes in.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: After that, like the other night we were listening. After we listened to the new mix, you went back and you listen to like some of the other recent mixes just to kind of see how I'll fload together. And it was so heartbreaking when we heard not Myself, You're like, wow, wonderful ever a song?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, not Myself is yeah one of the songs we put out last year. Yeah, and that was saying will ever be as happy as that to make not myself, because I feel like I was a different person then. I know, I don't know, maybe I could make it because it's still it still has those beautiful sad minor chords that I'm all into.
Speaker 1: I just there was something slightly more relaxing about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, a little less tension, a little a little more uplifting for being a full on minor KEYD song.
Speaker 1: What was kind of fun about the way we've been putting out these singles is I remember, like, because we had just done a couple of devastating songs we did yeah and like well.
Speaker 2: Then and then remix of you Now but yeah, yeah Self came out right after, so it was a good counterpoint.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a kind of point. And also it was like, oh so you kind of have this like fall feeling like a change of seasons. Yeah, and then when winter hit we're all like, you know, like used to.
Speaker 2: Be Yeah, I came out around Christmas, Yeah time.
Speaker 1: Yeah call and now you know, we'll ever be the same and now we're in come up with this other one. That's it. It's got us a little bit of fun twist in a way. It's I can't. I don't want to get in too many teasers.
Speaker 2: So hopefully we'll have that out. Listen, we're in April twist, hopefully we'll have it out in May. That's a that's a good win. Depends on when we get together and listen to what we our notes are on it. You know what we need to do or not do. That's pretty great hopefully. So hopefully there's not too much more to do. I mean, I don't mind doing more if it's going to make the song. But hopefully you're not going to go, oh man, you messed it up or something.
Speaker 1: Hopefully it's cool and we do have those conversations all the times. But I like the thing that was going on before, but it's usually not that hard to get it back to whatever the thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I kind of produced that way. It's easy to get back to the previous idea.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what's nice working digitally on computers with big hard drives.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do we want to talk about the artwork at all of this new single?
Speaker 2: Yeah. I kind of have this little photography hobby where I I photographed things in a certain kind of e the real style, with the hope that some of them movies. Yeah, some of them will be appropriate for our album covers.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: In fact, we just went on a walking tour somewhere like a week or so ago, and I haven't even seen but I have a couple in my mind that I think are promising. But anyway, Yeah, then I hand them over to you and you do somethe tweaking to them. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I had actually back when we're working on NEWMANA and you kind of gave me like maybe a half dozen pictures to look over, and so we both really loved the one we chose for me. It's perfect, It was great. It works great for the music video too. And then I think Used to Be was another one from that series.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then the same night, I think, yeah.
Speaker 1: For the drama bas mix, I took another one of those shots. But yeah, so then I had this one left. This one looked so much different from those, so I was like, oh, okay, this is cool. But I ran it. I ran it through a filter. I forget that really prequel maybe.
Speaker 2: Like wow, I did have stars in the background, so that's my filter. Yeah, it all words.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the filter kind of made it a little fuzzier and lot grain air and added some weird stuff to it. And then and then I used the photograph again, I think the full photo that you would give me, I use that to create the teaser VID and the I made one of those lyric visualizers like YouTube.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which we'll put the link down there too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gave me the tip of the filter that you use that gave it the still photos so much life, and I've been bilking it. I used it on the call VIP mix and on this one VIP MAXX.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It gives it that great nineties vibe and we don't have to do any acting or any of those craps. Yeah, I think, you know, we just want there to be a Vibeble you listen to the song on YouTube, because some people get all their music via YouTube. Yeah, some people do. They use it as they're you know, they're streaming things.
Speaker 2: So maybe one day will make another like more proper music video again, but yeah, it wish not have the time for that sort of thing. So it's yeah, it's just very practical to make these lyric visualizer videos.
Speaker 1: There are some things about the podcast that I noticed, Okay, yeah, so one thing I noticed is that on the podcast you can leave a comment on each.
Speaker 2: Episode on Spotify.
Speaker 1: On Spotify, it's cool, yeah, exactly, and you can you can also rate the podcast like on a five star basis, okay, on the overall, So that's on Spotify. So and also with the cool the app comment please don't be amazing please, we would love that. Yeah, and it's pretty cool that on Spotify they let us they let us link to one thing of our choice at the top of our artist page. So I'm linked to the podcast to try to raise awareness. Like I can tell that we are getting you know, we're getting some downloads and listens, but it's hard. There's not a lot of feedback yet, so I'm still looking for them. Then contrarily, I looked on Apple podcasts and they didn't have either of those functions. Yeah, on the olden days, we used to get a lot of comments on with this. We were talking about this last episode. That's why I checked into it. And yeah, so right now, see a way to comment on Apple podcasts. But I didn't notice that our friend Brandon from Restless Mosaic left to comment on our website.
Speaker 2: Which we had request told people they just comment on our website. The old school go to love Speles dot.
Speaker 1: Com old school, and we know Brandon loves being old school. Yeah, he's into it world school. Yeah, And speaking of brand and an old school, the comment that he left on the last episode was actually it was a website that he want us to know about where you can you can look up your old MP three dot com page. Oh god, yeah, so indeed they did have Love Sproules, Love Spirles, Stanards and ad you be all archived on there, not the audio, just like the graphics. Yeah, it's like such a trip down memory lane.
Speaker 2: This is a long time ago, guys. If you don't know what time about. This is really popular, like around like two thousand and two thousand and one and something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was popular back in those days. It was the cool place to be as a musician.
Speaker 2: That was cool for like a year or so. It was kind of fun a couple of years. Yeah, maybe so.
Speaker 1: So I think that's.
Speaker 2: Us a lot of our stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, didn't talk about our highest speed chase accident, but most of them now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're bottom wise, we're fine. Yeah, we got sites wiped basically, just barely by a maniac fleeing from the police. He crashed like the next block behind us into two.
Speaker 1: Cars and all over the news just getting hit.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, just barely go I go, did he hit us or not? I liked pulled over the others a scratch anyway, But we could have been way worse. I was watching the view. If we were up further, we could have really gotten maybe on it. Yeah, so we're happy to be okay, traumatized from it still, but you know, just happy it wasn't worse. Yea, yeah, exactly, but anyway, we'll be back probably, yeah, I said, May with another for sure, episode ninety six chill, so I got that song one so again. Yeah, please if you're if you can, if you're on a platform that let you leave, leave us some feedback, leave a common even it's just like hi guys and something.
Speaker 1: You literally just say I enjoyed it, And if.
Speaker 2: You enjoy it but you don't want to say anything, I get it. At least hit those little rating things, because that does help their algorithms out, you know, the more interaction or whatever they call it, so engagement, that's it. Engage with us just for our sake, just to help the algorithms out to suggest our videos to more people and.
Speaker 1: Feel free on your social media accounts. Feel free to, you know, have our song playing behind your picture, your video.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can find it.
Speaker 1: They've got all the tools in there. I don't think our music's on TikTok, but it is definitely on Instagram and stuff. Okay, yeah, so until next time, and we don't have an outro, don't until next time. Let's just play a little bit of a song to take out there
Speaker 2: We go perfect,