Speaker 1: You are listening to Video Games to the Max. Hello, and welcome to a special edition of Video Games to the Max on a Saturday, as we are doing our first part of two episodes here on the Summer Game Fests Shenanigans showcases all that, and of course, also because we happen to have a console that is coming out the same week, we are also doing Antenna switch to Impressions review whatever you want to call it. Both of us have one. We'll give our initial thoughts and we'll go through at least the surprise Tony State of Play, the Summer Game Fest actual event itself, day of the devs, and then I might cover some of the smaller stuff that I watched, and then that'll probably be it for this episode, and then of course on Monday we'll do the Xbox Show and whatever else we happen to watch with Waen after that. So but all right, we don't have like video games to get to that are not talking about twitch to stuff, so I guess we can get to the housekeeping when they click here. So yes, if you normally we do the show on Mondays at nine o'clock Eastern, you can watch us live then on YouTube Twitch Facebook doubles who network, check us out, subscribe wherever you can follow wherever you can. If you subscribe to the YouTube channel, not only do you get what we do on this show. If you like other things that are not video games, we do cover that as well, just not Mark and I other people that do a great job. So you have the anime folks a Taco Cafe. They cover all of the seasonal anime every season, they do awards free season, and then they do a whole yearly thing. They do awesome job. Over there, you got Rochester Broadcasting the cover pretty much every big movie that comes out every week. And then also you know they keep up with TV shows pretty well and all that stuff. So there's a multimedia thing to go find. And also if you like listening on podcasts, you can just go find each one of the shows Rochester broadcasts to go Taco Cafe or US Video Games to the max on podcasts and then check us out that way. So yeah, that's that's it for the Housekeep in here. So we'll go ahead and start with Antennol Switch two and then we'll go into the showcases. Mine showed up at six fifty am. From what they did was they use their delivery food delivery vans to come in and have everybody come in early. And I didn't get these, but a lot of people got a coke and pringles with it as the kind of a way to kind of be like, oh, you know, you can also get food and have it sense, you know, whenever you want. Basically trying to get you to subscribe, you know, either subscribe a Walmart Plus or you know, use them for other things as well. Hey, great that it was there early. I didn't get to touch it until I came in too before starting work and I set it up and everything very seamless process to set that up do the system transfer did not take very long. You can also if you want to plug in your It's funny you can't use the micro SD card to store anything on the switch to but you can use it to bring over your screenshots and videos if you want. Interesting that like, they have a micro SD the micro SD slot and it will recognize it. But I don't know why they couldn't have made it to where you could do like like you can with the Xbox and PlayStation where you can use it as like an external drive for your.
Speaker 2: Old games, right, behind the times.
Speaker 1: No, also Nintendo wants to wants you to buy.
Speaker 2: The micro also, that might be that might be a good vector for like hacking the switch.
Speaker 1: To Yeah that too, that's too probably. But yes, they do have like an official Nintendo licensed thing with Samsung where you can buy one for like fifty bucks, so a two hundred fifty six gig Macrost Express card as well, So they probably want to incentivize you to you know, get that. So how was uh, how did you get it? And and what was the process like for you? Well, you haven't even set yourself right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mine stone a box. So I didn't get it the day of. I got it the next day. A friend of mine, he wasn't like a scalper, but he did order like two or three extras for like various people or just to kind of sell, like not outrageously or anything. He's gonna get like twenty bucks extra or something, but get an extra MARKRTE World one. And I grabbed it and I had to dive back to his house. It's like fifteen twenty minutes out and I gave him money that was really annoying and stupid. I didn't match him. So I wanted to buy it from a store because I could just use like a firm, you know, and I can't do that with a friend obviously he's in a you know. So what I what I was gonna do is my landlord, he has a tobacco store if he's like places down and I talked to him, and he can use it a firm like in stores, you know, the virtual car a card. And I was like, hey, can I basically give you five hundred dollars in a virtual credit card and you give me five hundred back in cash? He was like sure, Well he didn't care.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: I had to pay like a little extra for like you know, the processing fee, but as like ten Bucks the coop cares. We tried like seven times and nothing worked. I tried it with like the actual car, like the virtual card itself through like a firm's program or you know app. That didn't work, and then Google pay didn't work either. So then I had to get creative. I had to go down to a local grocery store buy a five hundred dollars visa gift card like a physical one, and then I went, wow, gave him the gift card and I was like, hey's five hundred dollars on this, give me five hundred cash. He was like okay, and I got five hundred in cash, and then I went to my friend's house like the next day and yeah, paid him off.
Speaker 1: Interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was dumb, I'll admit, but I got the switch too, so and I was like one of the uh, I mean, we talked about it a little, but yeah, they already revised the box art and the packaging for the thing, which.
Speaker 1: Is yeah, because there are some people that you know, they got the launch day editions and they either got Mario Kart World pre installed or they got a download code which then they which then they had to go through the whole download process themselves.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I got the just the switch itself, so then had to use my points that I already had with Nintendo uh to then you know, get the digital version downloaded. It download speeds are a lot better. I do not have mine, you know, plugged in with the ethernet. It is wireless and it it downloaded Mario Kart World in about like fifteen minutes or less, and it would have a lot longer.
Speaker 2: It's not like a six gigawey game or something or you know.
Speaker 1: But it would have taken a lot longer on the original Switch. I can tell you that right now.
Speaker 2: I mean, the main reason I haven't set my up is I've been playing Sweaking in one, so I've been like busy with other ship.
Speaker 1: Well you know, I got mine on the Swiss Suckers played on on Switch two, so you know I played. You did play? Yeah, yeah, you did. Okay, that's so I.
Speaker 2: Was gonna, Yeah, I played my friends. He had Marrik Cart. It doesn't look good, you know, looks like Marik Hart but better. Like I still don't like some parts of that game. I don't like the dual power up system at all. Why not because it's dumb, Like I just woll why why do you have to have two or you know, like and the whole like hot swapping between them or you know you gotta fire the one off or you know you can switch between them. But it's like this, what's the problem just having one?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I do think that. You know, Mario Car World, like the the free roam thing is not I was playing that quite a bit today and then a little bit at launch. It's not this huge thing that Nintendo made. It seem like it's this nice little feature that ahead of time, like I'm just I'm just saying, you know, it's it's not this big ordeal that Nintendo made. It seem like it's not the now. Maybe they'll add to it if people do make use of it more, you know, it might be that right that they need to hear from gamers that they are actually, you know, using it, and then they will add more things to it, because they do have little mini games and things like that that you can play, Like I ran into one where it was like having you get a bunch of rings and you have to do it in a certain timeframe or your run out, and it'll ask you if you want to retry, and there's a little obviously you can get like that. They've showed it off already, the the different costumes and stuff like that for other characters and other things. So like there's a Marrior to and obviously you can that's one way you can find different hidden areas and tracks and things like that is doing the free room as well, so there's you know, reasons to do it. Apparently you can do free Rome in co op, but you have to be using the joy con separately. You cannot use them you cannot use like a pro controller and like the joy Con and a grip or whatever you have to use Yeah, oh yeah, I don't know. I mean, like they have a switch to pro controller. So it's like, why wouldn't you, you know, let people use it or play it however they want, if you're gonna allow co op with it. I don't I kind of don't understand that. But you know, as I've played a little bit of the Grand Prix, that's you know, typical Grand Prix stuff. It is what it is. It does feel like it's a little bit harder. There is no two hundred cc at launch, So if you're used to racing on that, I think that's gonna be a problem for you probably. I saw some people say that they that's the reason like they're not buying the game actually is because they're so used to racing on twound to CEC that one fifty too slow. The Knockout Tour thing is actually really fun. That is a great addition. I love it, like you, It makes you go up now each instead of having three laps or whatever, there's like anywhere from like five to eight laps depending on because you have to do the whole thing where you race to the other course, so it counts that as laps as well, and you start like going down, you know, keeps going down, so you get to like, oh you have to be fourth or higher.
Speaker 2: Yeah at the end knockout race.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and it it's yeah, it does. It does get you kind of nerve wracked after a while of like, oh, man, okay, this is you know, I'm gonna I did lose out like once because I got knocked out at the end and I went up fifth or something and I didn't get to make it to the final, right thing. But yeah, it's really fun. I haven't played the the other like battle modes or whatever yet, but I'm excited to play that with an eye at some point, just to have, you know, someone else to play it with.
Speaker 2: Right. Play online, man, yeah I could do that as well.
Speaker 1: I just right at the time, I was really tired and I didn't feel like, you know, dealing with playing online. But you do get the you know, having that twenty four or people are you know, just even if it's a I that's twenty four racers. It's really chaotic and fun. So that's a great addition to the only other game that I have at the moment is Fast Fusion technically reviewing that game, so you know, it's it's F zero, but it's it's a sequel to the Fast rm X game that came out for the original Switch. It's the same company and everything, and it's a F zero like essentially, So if you like F zero and you know, it's actually probably the cheap I think it's the cheap outside of the switch To upgrade packs or whatever. It's the cheapest game available at launch for the Switch To. It is Fast Fusions. It's fifteen bucks, so you know, oh well, aside from the Welcome Tour, which you know, there's some people actually saying that Welcome Tour is half decent, So there's that and awesome.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, yeah, I'm sure it is. But it's whole ten dollars when it should just be free.
Speaker 1: I agree. I think we can all agree with that. But I guess if you do play the mini games or whatever, it does kind of show its worth eventually. So you know, as far as the system goes, uh, it is it is bigger obviously Switch one. The screen is really nice, you.
Speaker 2: Know, I hope, so for you know, like.
Speaker 1: So like the screen is a lot nicer. You can tell immediately it does recognize your whole you know, if you have four K and all that stuff on the TV easily you can set it up to be automatic, or you can just have it do it every time. It does boost. Some games also like so, and they don't need updates like they they do look automatically smoother. It doesn't necessarily mean that they look amazingly better, like obviously, I think a lot of the Nintendo games will probably get patched at some point, like I imagine most of the Zendo Blade games will get passed. But just playing definitive edition of Chronicles X, it looks smoother on that screen than it does on the Switch one, and it steadier as well. The fps felt studier.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a consequence having a better CPU.
Speaker 1: So and the LSS is probably working also in there.
Speaker 2: I watched the MVG's video about like the Switch ne credibility and like Dragon Quest Boulders too with nasty at shit, Like holy Christ, I can't believe that the game was like allowed to release in the Switch one. Yeah, run like fifteen frames a second, you know, barely, and the Switch two switch to it was like a lock at thirty, Like, it still doesn't look super great, right, it looked a lot better than it did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean Mario Car World looks looks great on it, especially on the TV, but it looks really good on the screen as well. And like, look, it's not gonna pop up the old ed and I'm sure when they do switch to old it's gonna look even better. But you know, I don't think I have no complaints on like the field of the system. I will say I do. I do events. I had to go back to using the Proke controller because even with the grips, the joy cons feel better. The cons feel a lot better, but I still felt like my hand my fingers were hurting after playing Mario Kart World for like an hour because the buttons are just not meant to be. It feels like the buttons are still not meant to be sat there and pressed so hard like that all the time. So I would recommend, if you like the pro controller, go back to using your Poke control. The only thing that sucks is you can't wake the console. So I did have a you know, somebody in the in the discord Crafty's discord, the video game Happy Hour he was like, you know, you could just put the joy cons in the grip and have it next to you and then hit the button to wake the console and then then you can go back to use your per control. And I was like, oh, yeah, I could have thought about it because I have all my consoles are behind my TV, so while that's how I wake them up is with the controller, and it's annoying to have you have to pull the switch all the way out and then pull it back in for it to wake it up. So it is kind of annoying, and it it does feel so weird because you're so used to like the switch one where it it will literally just come out of the switch. Sometimes you have to press that release slatch hard for it to come out. So you know, uh, they did not skimp on. They wanted to make sure those things didn't come out of the system when you lock them in right. And the kickstad feels real good too. Actually, the kickstand will scared me because you pull it and it's like really hard to pull and I was like, oh crap, I'm gotta break this thing. And you know, because the switch one kicks down was like a little dinghy thing that like I broke really quickly because I literally will just come off.
Speaker 2: Don't worry, I'll break this one.
Speaker 1: Essentially, this one, I had to pull it pretty hard for it to finally and it and it's very thirty so you know, I use I set it up that way because it actually has you practice taking the things out and all that stuff during the setup. So it Yeah, it's it's a really good console. I will agree with the concept of people saying that it does feel like, Okay, this is a switch pro or this is what the switch pro would have been. Yeah, I think in concept, yes, that is it. But also I think we have to realize that the Mario Kart World was built to be played on Switch one. So unless Donkey Kong Bonanza is a true switch to game, we may not get a true switch too game for a while because Pokemon Za and Metro Paying four Beyond both play on Switch one, so we may not really get to see the magic of what switched to. Games like that are made for switch to and switch to only are really gonna look like for a while. So you know, let's see when Nintendo does their direct or whatever. But yeah, I mean, I've enjoyed the system it's just right now. It kind of if if you don't I do, I happen to have a bunch of Switch games that I never finished or never like actually got around to playing that I can now enjoy running better on the Switch too. If you're one of those that has played everything on your Switch and you kind of get a known with Mario kartt World and none of that launch lineup speaks to you because you already have a PS five or Xbox, maybe there's not a lot here for you. Gonna be honest with you, the launch lineup is not is not great outside of Mario kartt World. So and even then, if you've recently played Mario Kart eight, this isn't going to feel like that much of a leap up for you. My thing is I the moment that they announced Mario Kart World, I hadn't played Mario Kart eight in a long time anyway, But I purposely chose not to buy the DLC pack and I didn't play Mario Kart at all because I didn't want that feeling of oh God, this feels the same, you know. I wanted to have that experience of oh I haven't played Mark Kart. Well, okay, this feels new, this feels fun, you know, but if you are one of those that's played Mario Kart recently, this may not feel like that much different to you. But again, this is a launch lineup that I equate this to the Xbox Series. X went through the same problem. They really didn't have a launch game for that thing. It was hopefully you have game Pass to play a lot of stuff until they do have games for this. At least PlayStation had what Forbidden West, so you know, like there wasn't really a reason for you to buy the Xbox Series Exit launch either if you're buying it for a game, and this kind of feels the same as such. At least you do have mark Our World. So yeah, any other Yeah, if you haven't played, if you only had the the PS four Xbox One version of Cyberpunk, this is definitely the best version of Cyberpunk. Uh. And it actually has the expansion back on it, so you know, the.
Speaker 2: Only the only two things i'lso say is I watched my buddy play. He played like around a Soul Caliber two with the GameCube thing and the controller. Uh, and yeah, he's like a game. I mean he likes the GameCube controller. Basically, this is not good for this game, and my comment was, it's not good for any game.
Speaker 1: It does apparently work with other things on the switch to as long as you don't have to use this that plus and minus buttons for the game. So you can use that game can controller if you like it, for other games as well. It doesn't have this be games. But yeah.
Speaker 2: The funny thing is, uh, well you don't have the GameCube Pass, do you.
Speaker 1: No, I don't have that. I don't even have the regular switch online.
Speaker 2: The thing is is like loaded it up and he had access to both the American and the European versions of the game as well. Yeah, and this is kind of weird. And then he loaded up. He didn't really know what Zero was. I think he just knew it was like a futuristic racer or the GameCube at zero. I think it's d X. He loaded up and he's kind of like what is this and I'm like, well, it's kind of like wipe out or it's kind of like Mario Kart but not you know, have items, you know. Yeah, played around and I was like, I'm gonna warn you, it's really fast, and he kind of didn't really believe me until he played it and he got like, first of all, he sucked at it because he never played before. He got like eighteenth place, and it was like, is this like a knockoff of I was like, it's kind of like wipe out. He's wipe out like a not cough like well kind of, but white Pott has like, you know items like this is just racing or you know, just like a boost and like a you know, spinny thing and that's it. And yeah, he played like one race of that game and he immediately hated it.
Speaker 1: But I was like, it is an acquired taste. Not everybody likes that.
Speaker 2: I was thinking, like when you're talking about Mark cart like it's too slow for people's play at zero, Like that'll really pull your hair back a little.
Speaker 1: Like, but yeah, I mean hopefully everybody that's uh, you know, got one's enjoying it and looking forward to what's coming. It's as we'll talk about with Summer game Fest. And and you like, I only saw out of all the slowcases I've seen, and I've seen about five of them, I've only seen one switch to game have a logo with switch to on it out of all those games. So I wonder if it's a Nintendo thing or if it's just there wasn't a lot of people with switch to dev kits for games that are new or what the situation is particularly but interesting that we've had all these showcases and I've only seen one game so far that has a switch to and I to be fair, I have not watched all the Future Games showcase, but that's where I thought it. It was the game and it had switched to you on it. Yeah, there's switch one, and obviously the I will say the shop runs a heck of a lot better. I forgot to mention this, and I mean as it should. As it should obviously, it's also weird it doesn't it doesn't have music, but I mean, I mean the whole switch one. The whole switch one uh library is on there, so it's not like there's not that much. There's the whole switch one library is on that thing.
Speaker 2: So populating it with more ads and ship so that's why that music so.
Speaker 1: Well. It's also because now each game has a trailer like the Xbox and PS five ones too, so it's like they don't they didn't want to have to like go into like making the music quiet every time you turned on the video and then have to re up it again and all that stuff, so I can I kind of understand that. But it'll show some of the Switch two games and then immediately you go down and it shows you all the Switch one uh stuff there. So it's like you can access both pretty pretty easily and you can find whatever it is you want in there. It's not so it's just nicer to move around it because the Switch one was like just so slow, and it's like, oh my god, this feels like PS three levels are slow, you know sometimes, So I'm just glad that it's all that. It's like, it's done, nicer better running switch that I think everybody wanted to. Let's see how long it takes before we get to the point where you just can't run certain games on the switch to at all. But I'm, you know, again, enjoying it. I'll probably enjoy it a lot more once you get into actually, like maybe once Donkey Kong comes out and hopefully it is is good and worth checking out. If not, may not have any like actual switch To games inside for Mario Car World for the rest of this year that are like Nintendo First Party unless they surprise us with something at the whenever they have the next intended direct So we speaking of showcases, that's the other part of this weekend that has not finished yet. Like I said, we still have the Xbox One tomorrow. We still have I think a few on Monday. So we have had the Cavalcade of Saturday already, and we have had the Surprised Sony State of Play that happened on June the fourth, and then also the Summer Game Fest showcase itself. So We're gonna cover the Sony One and Summer Game Fest, kind of talk about like some of our favorites from those, and then I'll talk about the other ones that I've seen, because Mark hasn't watched anything aside from the main two. I guess since it happened, and it's coming chronicological order, since the Sony One happened first. As Sony is apt to do, they always they want to be the ones to kick it off, you know, get some of the glory for a day, and then you know, let Jeff have his moment afterwards. What did you think, I guess overall of this forty minute presentation, Uh.
Speaker 2: You know, there's way way better than the two and a half hours and the other one.
Speaker 1: All right, fair enough, I mean, what are your your some of your favorite things that they showed off.
Speaker 2: Here, Uh, let's go, let's see. I see a Remnants game kind of was funny, Like it didn't look that interesting, but it's kind of funny. It's like just mashed up like Assassin's Creed four and that Avatar game. All right, Like, you know, I got wum Mines might might be cool, but I'm like bad at loum Mines. So I'll probably get this and it look neat, but I'm gonna be terrible at it. Uh yeah, Bloodstained the cool you know, that's the one I get. Uh, Romeo is a dead Man looked really neat. But most of the Pseudo's games you gotta play first to see if they're gonna be good or not, because they all look cool, but only about half of them are worth of damn. And then the two big ones, Marvel and Double seven, look pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what did you think of Double O seven? And is a lot I saw a lot of people complaining about the look of.
Speaker 2: I think I'm fine even like the look of the character or yeah, Yeah, yeah, I think it looks good. I guess it's a scar in his face, which is like how the books portray him. Ass Like it's they're not basing it off of you know movie you know, Pierce Browsman or Daniel Craig or something like they're going they're trying to be an accurate to the books. And in the books, he's not supposed to be like this, Like he's supposed to be like charming, but he's not supposed to be like this handsome, necessarily handsome guy. Ah. I thought looked up a lot more action packed or a lot more fast paced than like the Hitman's games as well.
Speaker 1: Well. I mean I.
Speaker 2: Just find a hit Man game, like I really want to like him because everyone seems to like them except for like you and me. Ah, but and I think they're like good quality games, but something about him just thinks they're just like really plotting and slow. Yeah. Uh. This also reminded me a lot of Alpha Protocol, like and just like the tone for some reason. We'll see if it. I I don't think it's not going for that necessarily, it'd be funny if it did. Uh. Yeah, I really liked it. I think that's probably like my game of the showcase personally.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'm surprised. I thought, uh, you might go with uh with another thing, yeah, with Marvel or something. But yeah, I like it too. I'm not I'm not necessarily you know, my dad is the I got named after Von so, like, you know, I kind of grew up with watched the James Bond. I like James, but you know, like during the PREUS browsing years or whatnot. I think I've watched like Casino Real. I haven't watched the what's it Quantum Solace is so yeah, but still, I mean, he this is supposed to be like, you know, before he becomes James Bond, so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like training or not training. But yeah, it's a young, younger Bond, so it's not supposed to be like as confident or as self assured as he is in the movies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it makes sense that he's like this. You know, I don't like I think overall they did a good job kind of portraying. I've been watched that, you know, the actual showcase, if they showed any more of it, so I'm sure that they may have shown more.
Speaker 2: Even in the trailer. It looked like about half of it was actually like I mean, it didn't have a hood, but look, a lot of it was good gameplay. So yeah, that looked good to me, Like, you know, it wasn't just like a completely CGI trailer or anything like that.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I definitely exactly. No, this is definitely mostly an engine for the most part, So yeah, anything else.
Speaker 2: I mean as far as Marvel token or talking or whatever the hell they didn't call.
Speaker 1: Its, Yeah, I think it looks neat.
Speaker 2: I'm more us. But the roster, uh, if it's going to have a story mode or not, because the Marble you know, the capcom ones kind of most of them don't and the one they did was terrible. Uh yeah, you know that that's kind of my big question, like what they should look neat? And you know, I like that it's very Japanese centric, like all the curious, like all the curious. If they ever actually do like an English dub or not or what you know, it'd be kind of cool if they didn't, but I imagine that.
Speaker 1: Yeah they did. Look, it did look cool with them talking Japanese, you know, right, and they did that little featurette afterwards. It was kind of how they ended it, which is weird, like it almost kind of felt like they should have done it the inverse, like they should have kind of led up to the trailer and then ended it on the trailer, all right, because you know, everybody's shocked after a while of of like oh my god, I can't believe they're you know, doing this, and then yeah, then you kind of ended with that and it's like all right, well whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that it'd be funny if Warner Brothers just had, like Capcom do the new Injustice game, though, like you guys take a crack at it.
Speaker 1: I wonder if there I kind of want to know if there was a discussion at all with Capcom about in Marlvers Chalpcom four or did they just straight up only approach our system works.
Speaker 2: I there might have been a conversation, but considering how badly Capcom ship the bed with Injustice, I'm not just a sorry infinite, but is.
Speaker 1: That really Capcom's fault though, because a lot of it had to do with Disney's insistence on it has to be the MCU. The MCU, you know.
Speaker 2: The roster is one thing. But first of all, like look at like the Collector's edition that I think was a huge mess. And then like there are visual problems in that game, like that they had like quickly patched, you know to make Chung Lee like not ghastly looking. That's not Disney or Marvel's fault, like they may have said to like the release date or something, but even Captrum could have pushed against it if needed. And it was and you know, for a game called Infinite it sure wasn't because that game didn't selfish it. Yeah, Like they had like too two DLC characters and that was it.
Speaker 1: How do you like the that there's gonna be four before battles?
Speaker 2: I think that might. I don't. I don't see it as a problem per se, but I could see it being overwhelming because it's basically, you know, all four shoulder buttons are going to be the tagging, you know, and then you want to get the four four face buttons for attacks. And it's an art game, so you're not gonna have some funky ass system for like you know, or seeing or counter raine or entering the instakil Moo or whatever. So we'll see what happens one of.
Speaker 1: Those speaking of, since you know we were talking about Capcom, Hey, of all the things that I thought I didn't think about. Uh, you know, them showing is Pragmata, Like we hadn't heard about Pramada since that the initial showcase and then here it is, uh, and it's it's almost kind of like a dad game with an AI daughter instead. But like, do you think I don't really remember that much about what I remember what they showed to the original trailer was like some spaceman going in space, and I don't even know if they showed the girl at all in the original trailer, and then we never heard of it again. And then now they're showing the role our girl that could do hacks and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: And like they did show the girl in the original trailer, they didn't really show the guy though. That's a funny thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah he was.
Speaker 2: He looked more like a robot, not just do you know, this actually had him like showing him off a little. So, uh, I think looks neat. It looks very much like uh, it looks like a Stellar Blade sequel kind of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could see the same.
Speaker 2: Like architecture or you know, near future stuff, but yeah, might be cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I'm kind of more into it now after I've seen it, Like, it's definitely one of my favorites in the show.
Speaker 2: But they really got to do though, and Capcom is occasionally a fan of doing crossovers. Uh it's when Pragmatic comes out, come come out with a Megan DLC pack or you know, yeah, like full voice acting or you know, and everything, charge like five or ten bucks and you're like here you go.
Speaker 1: Right, you wanna uh this is uh, this is what it is. How long did it take you to figure out that it was a Suit of fifty one game the Romeo is a dead man?
Speaker 2: Uh about ten seconds in.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Once once dude jammed on the uh cybernetic thing into his the other guy's eye, I'm like, yep, yeah.
Speaker 1: When he like started king up kind of like and it looked like kind of mad World a little bit or whatever, i was like, oh, this is Suda. It was like. And then of course at the end they show the Grasshopper manufacturer thing and I'm like.
Speaker 2: Also the gameplay when they're in the when he like the guy's in the mall and it looks like the backgrounds are from Dead Rising one for the three, Yeah, I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, well, a lot of normar Hero was in there too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is Suita, Like you can tell this done and the cheap.
Speaker 1: And I love how he he still thinks he's cool. We're in the jacket. He never he never changes. Gotta love the guy definitely. Uh surprised there. I'm glad to see that that game exists. Uh so you know, we got another digibon Times Stranger trailer, so I'm always down for that.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: We got to release date as well, October third. Definitely gonna be uh snapping that up. I'm not sure if somebody is, I'm gonna have to look into that. Uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was must be happy about the new afterbat crap.
Speaker 1: The Oh yeah, I haven't touched it really since the last thing I played was the Christmas addition. It's like I haven't touched it like this year really, so I kind of go back to it. But they are getting new levels, so that's cool. I always glad to see that getting an addition. Uh, Ninja Guy and Range Brown got a trailer that looks freaking awesome. I can't wait for that to come out. That's the only thing not coming on in September October. It feels like July thirty first for that thing. Hirogami looked really cool. The origami looking indie game from the Vandaio Singapore team that looks really great. Also sort of uh sort of the sea looks great too, And that's gonna be day one on PS plus. Uh, happy to hear that as well, because I love the Pathless so definitely, and of course for me number one, the surprise, Uh, the tactic screenmaster is real and it's there, and it's fom pacy tactic screenmaster. It's that that looks like somebody put a emulation, uh kind of filter on it or whatever. For the you know, remaster version.
Speaker 2: I think it actually looks kind of bad like the remastered version, you know. I like the chunkier look of the original. Oh you do okay, Yeah, like just kind of yeah like Smeard bacheline on the remaster, except for I think the remaster has a turn gauge for like a turn thing in the last took. That was nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm glad they added that. I'm just excited to be able to play this again. And for our people that have not experienced this, it's awesome that it does exist. No Fall Fantasy nine remake, so that's still the only thing from the Nvidia League that has not shown itself, although maybe Xbox still has that in the bag somewhere. Since you know, Sony's all or not spraying is all about doing the multi platform thing now, could very well be a kind of like, hey, we extended the Olive brands all the way there. Interesting that they call it the Evilase Chronicles. I thought for a moment that maybe that meant that they were going to include the GBA games, and then they did not. But it's because they have the It's it's cool that they have the full original version and then also the remaster. So that's why they're charging fifty bucks for this. I think that's fair. It's a little bit too much.
Speaker 2: I think it's fine. You know, I imagine they may add more shit into the remastered version, ah, you know, like maybe some extra missions or some goofy you know, you can you can add you can recruit you know, sore dur or something. So right, but sure, why not? I mean it's better than I look at the collectors edition. It's two and fifty bucks.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's a lot.
Speaker 2: And my friend immediately bought it or you know, pre ordered it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I'm excited. I will definitely picking that up day one. But man, a lot of stuff September on October here.
Speaker 2: And I picked up Neo three.
Speaker 1: No. I'm sure Yen's is probably excited about Neo three.
Speaker 2: No, because well I didn't ask, but he didn't really like Neo one or too much, so that game was too hard for him.
Speaker 1: So there is a demo out for Neo three, so you can go play that if you want as well. Cool announcements in there too.
Speaker 2: The one that kind of interests me. It really depends in the games they add for it though, is more to Combat Legacy Collection.
Speaker 1: Well, you definitely know for sure you're getting the one through four and three Ultimate, and then they said there's more.
Speaker 2: So I mean what everyone wants is Shoalwin Monks.
Speaker 1: Oh man, damn, I might have to if Shlon Monsk has had it, I might really.
Speaker 2: Imagine Shin Monks and then always has an online call up as well.
Speaker 1: Oh so awesome. Yeah, I'm still sad that that game never got a sequel, right, but yeah, man, there there was a lot. There was some really good announcements in here. Uh yeah, we don't like go ahead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like the one VR game they showed that VR like not terrible.
Speaker 1: I thought of you. When they showed the Thief VR, I was like, I wonder what more.
Speaker 2: I just looks like an actual good use of like a franchise with VR on like another game and the other and the other thing we'll talk about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the Tizz of Tomorrow game also looked good too, so yeah, yeah, like we kind of now we know why there was that one game that was being rumored for it that wasn't here. Uh is not But man aside from that not being there, you know, everything else they show was good, even someone Hill f So I didn't like that at all.
Speaker 2: I just felt the kind of boring. But I'm sure for some fans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Randy said he's happy to see it, but he's also worried because you know, most of Summon Hill games are not as well received as that. To remake was so all right, we'll see. But moving on to Summer Game Fest itself, what is there to say about Summer Game Fest?
Speaker 2: It wasn't great.
Speaker 1: I think the introduction to Summer Game Fest tells you everything you need to know from the beginning. It is essentially Jeff kind of tempering your expectations. That Hey, just letting you know. The number one game that's sold right now is Repo and it is an indie game. It's not you know, Monster hundred Wilds or some other you know. Other night Ring was like number ten on there, and then like, what is it that other indie game that's like number four on there section one or something like that, and it's like, I get it. You know, any games are actually carrying this year. Let's not kid ourselves.
Speaker 2: They are.
Speaker 1: He talked about player obscure for a little bit there as well, But then after you get done watching this showcase, now you see it's not just the kind of there was a theme going around where they talked about the size of the team or whatever, and it felt like this is kind of them telling you this is kind of where gaming is gonna be headed. Get Ready, you're gonna see games are gonna be made by smaller teams. They're gonna be you know, smaller experiences. And that's fine. But I think also you kind of got the reverse side of that, where it's like, this is it. We're getting sequels to things that probably shouldn't get sequels, and they're you know a lot of the same type of game over and over, and it's like, ooh, you know, if you had the pick of the litter of indie games, man, this is the best you could do. It ended really strong. The last two games were awesome, but man, like Mortal Shell two is the opener, Like, you know, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know, I barely I didn't even play the first one, or you know, it's like and it felt like there were like a lot of soul's ass looking games in that thing, and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely, it's like, Okay, souls games are the number one genre right now, We've got to make sure we have a lot of those. We got to have a lot of gotcha games because well, those are the ads. And then also we got to have a lot of those because those are the free to play things that are actually doing well right now, not the other you know, games of service stuff that's not doing that hot or whatever. But what did you think of Obviously you got the huge announcement of residuebal nine after they fake this out twice. Uh Aside from that, it's kind of a really disappointing well and stranger didn't heaven, But yeah.
Speaker 2: I picked I tried to pick five thing to meet showcase and is really easy with summary gamefest it wasn't.
Speaker 1: I agree, it wasn't.
Speaker 2: I mean it's a problem of that thing was like too long and then like a lot of it just kind of melded together for me, I agree, like at least two games that I gotta say, I don't like that one Cartoon Rat Game or the Mouse Game at all. I didn't like visually, and I think it looks really really bad.
Speaker 1: I mean it's the same visual style of Shovel Night really no, no.
Speaker 2: The first person shooter one uh or let's you know scheh that okay?
Speaker 1: That is that seems like it was made in the same style as like Billy and the Rainbow something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it looks like they're trying to go for the cuphead vibe kind of is that definitely definitely works better a platformer than just an ugly as can first person shooter.
Speaker 1: You're talking about a.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the one? Yeah, the other one that looks really terrible to me, let me find the name of it. I mean, it didn't look like a game would be that way. It was felt that boxing.
Speaker 1: Oh man, that I love that. That's great.
Speaker 2: It looks like a I mean, it's an FMV boxing game, but it.
Speaker 1: Has Muppets and it looks awesome.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man playing XMV game for years, you know, like then just going like hey has Muppet or you know, it's like where's Gregg the Bunny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jeff was definitely happy about that one to get the show that he has a Muppet game and here after all these years were having the Muppets.
Speaker 2: So on the game awards, uh, the one game so I picked, like, yeah, Resident Evil and Stranger than Heaven or like number two, one and two in my list.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I thought Jurassic World Evolution three decent, like I won't play it, but looked okay, I looked a little more action packed and like the past to you. Ah, I thought Lego Party looked really neat, but I have one hundred percent now they're gonna fuck out the online somehow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Lego Party could give mar Party run for its money. Like they have just as many mini.
Speaker 2: Games, you know, No, Lego not Lego Party. What's the other Lego one?
Speaker 1: Lego Voyages, the one that's a two player co op that's that.
Speaker 2: Yeah okay, sorry, it was like a Voyages. Yeah, that that's one. Like me, I don't care Lego Party. Sorry, yeah, I just know they're gonna mess it up somehow. And the other game that looked I thought it looked really neat and it reminded me of the canceled prey game like the Interstellar Bounty. Out of Anyone was a Tomic two.
Speaker 1: Did you play Atomic Art one?
Speaker 2: No? Just fine, it's the second Strike? Second Strike? Was that song they using the trailer?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And the Third Strike is what Jeff said right after when he's like, oh, it's a spiritual sequel to Tomic Art one. What the fuck are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Can you be a spiritual successor.
Speaker 2: To game like the number one game next?
Speaker 1: You know? Yeah, exactly, And then they have the like it's an m M O F p s. It's also in the same universe as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah the Cube, Yeah, the Cube.
Speaker 1: It's like that. That's what I was referencing when I said I don't know if there should be sequels to games that they didn't need to have sequels, but you know, if if if Monfest wants to give it a second try, and maybe Atomic Art two will get a better shake. I imagine they're not going to do game Pass again, because if I remember, he didn't have a lot of nice things to say about game Pass because I think that's what it was. He I think he kind of sort of blamed game Pass because it allowed people they would have never played the game to play the game. And then you know, so uh, you know whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought the Scott Pilgrim game looked not great.
Speaker 1: It's used in the same mart style with the Netflix show, and then it's the Scott Poker game. I mean, I don't uh.
Speaker 2: I thought that the Knixtape game looked really bad personally.
Speaker 1: That's that's one of the ones I liked.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I think like, I think it's visually like kind of neat until like because they're like, oh, it's supposed to be like not retro but like nostalgic or you know, you're like et or you know, like a Spielberg movie from the eighties or something, until you literally start flying like I was like, what is this?
Speaker 1: Well, remember it's made by the same people that made the Arpool Escape game. Yeah, so you know, it's very much in that vibe.
Speaker 2: All the kids and it seemed like assholes. So also I'm like, nope, Deadpool VR no.
Speaker 1: You know, Patrick harris Man, he did nail that he sounds a lot like Ryan Reynolds and and that.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, he also voiced Max Max Hazard remember those. Yeah, I guess I guess him. I like Neil had yourro. It's not getting me wrong, but I mean like that game looks like not good.
Speaker 1: If there was, Okay, I will give him this, Like they picked the perfect character to have a VR game on like that You're getting to embody Deadpool and getting to experience him doing that and making the joke stuff. I think that can actually work. Well, I mean kind of sounds because it's like I don't I'm not buying the Manic Plus for that, but I would like to play that game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it depend on the writing. That's where a lot of this stuff kind of falls apart. Like it's the same thing if they did like a Spider Man VR game, Like, yeah, maybe I can see that. The Street Twighter six thing was pretty funny.
Speaker 1: Oh with Kenny Omega.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, uh yeah, that's about it. You know, a lot some of the stuff was just like, yeah, it's coming out soon, you know, like Liza p or uh you know that Manta games out in a few months, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh DLC is out right now. You can play that son A cross world. As surprised you didn't mention it is they're doing the U Smash Brothers Ultimate thing of let's bring in Well Mario Kart also did this with eight right they had link.
Speaker 2: And also Sonic has done this before as well.
Speaker 1: So yeah, but they are bringing an etchubbah a joker from Persona and.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, so from Minecraft.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I mean there was some previous Sonic racing one that had like uh from Channel five and Crazy Jaxi. So it's it's not like I just looked at it and I was like, yep, making another one that no one will care about. I didn't.
Speaker 1: I enjoyed the the the jab at Nintendo. But it's like yo, mayo, Kart World doesn't have cross play because it's only on intend it doesn't.
Speaker 2: And also like let's let's look at you know, way for Sonic to come out, but like let's look at both games in a year. Serious one is more popular online.
Speaker 1: Also is going to be on Switch. So what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, but it is an intent. Is the mar game going to be more popular online? Or is the Sonic one that has four or five other consoles? Yeah, I'm still gonna bet as to Mario one, you know.
Speaker 1: Also he to me, it still came off a lot better than the stupid split Gate two. Uh taking jabs at Call of Duty and whatever like, Yo, that game is not even anywhere near as good as Call of Duty. So what do you saying? I want? I want a new Halo instead? Like, okay, you know that Halo game is still around, right, even though it's not popular, but still it's still around. It's not like Halo just died. So it's like, I don't know, the jokes didn't work for me.
Speaker 2: All excited for Code Vane too, which all right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was gonna ask you about that. What what did you.
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 1: So what did you? Uh? They really gave a lot for Stranger Stranger than Heaven obviously that's the probably century game, that original I p r GG Studio joint. Yeah, I think it looked awesome, like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, uh, it almost looked to me in almost a kind of almost like sci fi ish in a way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like like to say, he's like a vampire or something. That's kind of what I got.
Speaker 2: Out of that. I got more. He might be like in like a VR environment or you know, it might be something like that, but.
Speaker 1: Well, or that he has like powers or something. It's not like it didn't feel like, oh, he's he that's like his heat action or whatever. It felt like it's a little bit different than that.
Speaker 2: Right, maybe, But this is a consequence when you can't make a new Judgment game, you gotta make something else, you know.
Speaker 1: But I mean that's I'm glad that they're making something different, Like they're not just resting on Yes, it's gonna have a lot of the same Yakuza vibes or whatever, but I'm glad that they can make something different and it's not just uh, going between the two constantly, right.
Speaker 2: Make a new Dead Souls game or make a new uh yeah, I think it was because the Dead Souls Zombie one. Make another one of those.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised that they really haven't tried to do that or bring that back, especially considering that they could. They could, you know, make that kind of new and even add some like souls like stuff to.
Speaker 2: It or whatever, or make it like good.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying, Like they could remaster it and and it make it good.
Speaker 2: I had functional fire fire arms controls, Yeah, so what I don't care about, uh, what was it that Game of Thrones game? They keep trying to make Game of Throne ship and no one cares.
Speaker 1: I will say that. I mean, I don't know if they modeled any of them or whatever, but the the character models for getting you know, all those actors again, like those are really good.
Speaker 2: It wasn't a part of the fest. But like I also don't care about and I like the show, don't get me wrong, but they keep trying to like they announce that new Expanse game as well, Yes, the future games, please, don't.
Speaker 1: You know they're going to keep trying to milk that until they also shout out to the Wu Tang Clan game that finally got announced after it's like leaked a while ago. Square Enix trying really hard to still do Look, I look, I get it again. I'm gonna say this every time. I get why companies have to do the live service thing, and I think this is actually kind of neat what they're doing, like trying to make like an action Knives out game or whatever. But it's like, I don't know, this is just gonna not probably go over.
Speaker 2: Well. The problem. The problem is it's like it's you're dealing with a bunch of other online people and they're they're just going to turn on each other or as quickly as possible. You can only have so many different scenarios, so it'll be like even if they sign it randomly, they're like, Okay, I know this one scenario because it's always like this one girl is a killer. So right, that's like another game that like I question how it's actually gonna like work in real life or working at in a practical setting of like just random people playing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, what did you think of? Oh, what is it a Mind's Eye that is finally coming out in a couple of days. You think the hates? So I see a lot of people hating on this game, and then there's see obviously people defending it. But it's like, I didn't watch the showcase, so I'm sure that they finally got to show like actual, like in depth gameplay of the thing, because they keep just but.
Speaker 2: I mean they've shown gameplay and a lot of the trailers. The problem is is that fucking song.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that too. That doesn't it doesn't go over well because it's like attached the iconic Gears thing. And then like anybody that uses it afterwards, right, you know.
Speaker 2: It's like, yo, there are more than two songs the problems at a time of Cards to trailer, they use that goddamn.
Speaker 1: Song Queen Don't Stop Me. Now, yeah, that's yeah, but why at least kind of made sense because of the way that that game.
Speaker 2: Is, so you know, sci fi game that doesn't make but you know, like it didn't make sense, and another recent game also used it, so.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, I can't think of it right now, but I do remember that.
Speaker 2: So it's like, yo, there are more than like five bands you can you can use music from right.
Speaker 1: One. One of the favorites for me is Getting to See Me of the Hollower again and it has a release date of Halloween. Happy didn't know that it might finally come out after they've been waiting all this time for it. That's the yacht club games like Zelda, like with the Mouse, the Good Mouse game, and then shout out. Also to the Acts of Blood that kind of looks like Seafood, but it's with a sold so dev is making it that look cool.
Speaker 2: Actually nine people instead.
Speaker 1: Also the out of Words that is like really good stop motion. Uh, the more traditional look of the stop motion not so much the one that which I liked a lot too, the one that's in sop of Midnight, But this is more like the traditional kind of look of stop motion. And then it has like like Brothers tell a two sons vibe with the two kids, So that one was really cool as well. I also I did like them up a game that you you didn't really care too much for. But obviously the big talking point of the show, the thing that saved the show honestly because they faked us out twice.
Speaker 2: They had.
Speaker 1: The actress that played uh, the lady Lady de Matreusk announced that there's a Capcom sale going on, and then they had to show up briefly before they had uh, the main Resident Evil guy talking to kind of tease you that Residuevil nine is not ready yet but it is being made right because Cacom I think they made mention of it in one of those like smaller things that they they do, but they've never outright said, oh, we're making Resident Evil nine, and it's always been room right. And then at the end, the big reveal is that Resident will Requiem is in fact Resident Evil nine and it's coming out February twenty seventh or twenty twenty six day, we're going back to Racoon the city.
Speaker 2: Yeah cool. I think it's funny to Tina into like, you know, one of the outbreakings and give the shit about you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah as Croft, like they I figured out. Once they said Ashcroft, I was like, oh, okay, this is President Will nine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and like, so I don't I was I'm not sure that game is going to be a first person or not like that. They didn't try any gameplay or even like Hintendate maybe first person we'll see.
Speaker 1: I think they're not showing gameplay because I think there's like Randy was, Randy was excited, like he was mad because he thought they were just going to do the fake out and then not show it. And then I told them, I was like, well, Jeff keeps mentioning scope with this game. I think it's definitely gonna be the open world thing that they keep they've kept rumoring. And he's like, oh god, I'm so sad if that's happening. He does not like the idea of whether even going open world.
Speaker 2: I know that's a complete wrong view.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, so you want I wasn't able to be open world.
Speaker 2: I mean I want to. I mean, look at so he's a big fan of Salent Hill, Like that's open world. Like, I mean, I think it. Well, they portray an open world kind of it's more like a Metroid veni acause you gotta find keys and ship to like open doors raw, but I think it. Yeah, it can lead to a lot of more more emergent gameplay, or it's not just going from A to B two C. I mean, for some of that will be part of it, but it's like, yeah, like it depends on how open it is, if it if it really is it's like Sound Hill or like you know, a lot of open like or the GTA or something where it's like, Okay, this is a big city, but there's only eight build eight building you can go inside of, Like that'd be boring to me. But if they actually build like a bombed out Raccoon city or like half of its falling apart and shit like that, that'd be cool.
Speaker 1: It also allows for you to have like the best of both worlds, because there was people that obviously you know, they love Village the four and then you can have the actionity sections, and then you can have the more like traditional resident Evil sections that are like the survival Horror.
Speaker 2: Right, So this does a pretty uh like first person so it probably will be just a you know, village or whatever they yeah, yeah, or seven Yeah, which is fine. You know, I like that gameplay quite a bit.
Speaker 1: So yeah, we finally got the announcement, so that's cool.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Look, I think uh the few times like Kataku is is right after. Math also had a really good article about uh, Summer Game Fest and how it kind of is telling about the industry itself, about like this is kind of what's going to happen Summer Game Fest and it's it's kind of not great. They had Day of the Devs right after, and about like five or six of the games that were at Summer Game Fest were shown more in detail at Day of the Devs.
Speaker 2: Oh and I mean, David, that's just like, you know, how much deeper dive into certain games.
Speaker 1: I know, but I'm saying, like these are some of the highlights of Summer game fests, Like most of the time the indie games are not like the highlights of Summer Game Fest. It just kind of shows where we are now that like they're really having to depend on indie game to do this more because we can't have that many Triple A games anymore because it costs so much to make them.
Speaker 2: I didn't watch all of day of the days that I kind of skipped around a little. I thought I was I wouldn't say crass, but yeah, definitely, or you know, doing the comedic interludes, it's like, yeah, I mean, why aren't you making a game? Fat man? Come on?
Speaker 1: You know, like he might be Mark. We haven't had this Xbox showcase. Yeah, let's not like hate on him for that. I mean, you know, he's an Xbox studio now, so Xbox might not want him to show his game somewhere else.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, sorry, I just missed the double fine of your when they actually made games that a Steady Clips that I was taken four years to make.
Speaker 1: They they did mention that too, like one of the studios I think work with him right or whatever. But just to go through this really quick like mixtape was I both shows they we got a deeper dive mixtape. It looks really good on the second take when you got more of it, I think it looked better sort of. The c got a deeper take as well, which was shown at the State of Play that looked I'm excited for that as well. Come out in August. Big Walk, I thought, really got to showcase itself here. And if you're one of those sebol that loved the hangout and Chill games, this is totally the hangout and chill game with proximity chat where you could talk to your friends while y'all are literally walking around doing stuff. That's what this game is. They literally promoted as that, and I think that's cool that that kind of game exists, So you know, that's that's great. Blighted, which was also shown at the day of the devs or Summer Fest, is the next drink Box game. This one's much more like Nobody Saves the World again, so there's that, and it looks cool. It has a good art style and all that stuff. One of my favorites is the next outer Loop game, which they're the ones that made Thirsty Shooters and and Falcon ear h and this has like turn based battles and it's based off of like making food and things like that, and it looks really cool. Marvel Cosmic Invasion also got a which they revealed she Hulk and Rocket Raccoon at the Summer Game Fest, and then this got a deeper dive as well, so it's like, Okay, you know, I.
Speaker 2: Gotta say, I think the reason isn't like that Scott Bogram game or you know, I'm gonna getting burned out on all these like two D beat him ups.
Speaker 1: It's also made by the same people, by Tribute Games as well, so you know that might have not helped. Like I'm a side for the Marvel one, I'm not so excited for the Scott program because it's like it really does look like I know they're going to different areas and it looks bigger, I think, but it doesn't look that much different than the Scott Pilgrim game, you know, yeah previous. So there's that. Also an office finally coming out, the the RPG that any s Dollar j RPG that inspired Undertail, it's coming to seem to switch. It looks cool. I'm excited to play that in August fifteen when that comes out. So, and there was another game called Consume Me, which is like a life sim and it had this couple It's about the female dev that it's literally her life in high school and you're like helping her. She says, you're helping me get hot, but you're making the decisions, and it's like basically kind of teaching you about management and how crucial that is while also having like crazy comedy and stuff like that. And it's, uh, it's fun. It feels like it could be the next like Venda game that people get really behind as far as like a you know, like one of those like very prized indies. So and and also shout out to like a Latin American game, Never Weigh, which is like a horror RPG fantasy life sim so it's like the Fantasy Life Eye game that has actually gotten really good reviews, but with like a horror tinge to it. So yeah. Uh and that pat Upon Rataton game also got a deeper dive in this too.
Speaker 2: An actual Spiritual succequel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is the Spiritual successor, Jeff, not not the sequel to Atomic Art unless they unless wasn't there a game not like, Okay, is bosshok two really a sequel to Bostock one? Ye? Yeah, okay, it's it's truly okay.
Speaker 2: It literally references five Shock one and even has ten characters in it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, like unless there's something like like Bravely Default Too, where it's almost like, you know, a sequel but not a sequel, and it's more trying to like, oh this is like the reboot, but we're calling it too than Okay, fine, but that's not the vibe it gave off when they're doing the the trailers. So right, Yeah, but I mean overall, I thought Data That Does was really good. Some good stuff in here to go check out. It went by really quick. So yeah, this this always, you know, hits it for me as far as they have some of the good games. And Devolver did Devolver things, but they only showed off one game. It's called ball Pit, but it's ball cross Pit, and they had a really fun it's like ten minutes long. You can literally go watch it. It takes nothing, no time. It's a survival survival break brick base building survival game. Uh the break pick part is looks fun to me. I love break brick. I'm not a big base building person, but if it all kind of works cohesively together, I was kind of excited about that game by the time we got to the end of that thing. So yeah, you know, I think the Latin American Showcase is great. That that exists that never way got shown off at this again. Uh, and they had some some neat games in here. Nothing that I was like totally like, oh my god, I need to go play right now, but I do again, I just appreciate that these games exist. A lot of them have Steam demos. Steam neck Fest is going on right now too, by the way, So there was a lot of these games that got shown off at a lot of these showcases that have demos you can go play if you're interested in any of that stuff. And I didn't. I've only watched like half of Future Games shows. I can't really comment. I guess I'll talk about that on Monday. But that's that was my issue with Summer Game Fest. It felt like it was just a bigger version of one of these other showcases that we normally get during this time. It didn't feel like it stands on its own, right Ah. And I get it that Jeff, obviously, Game Awards is his baby, and that's where he really wants the huge banger after banger after banger, you know, showcase or whatever. But Summer Game Fest last year was really good. You know, obviously Xbox was the best thing.
Speaker 2: But you know, I also two of the things. I mean, I checked this a little online with you, but like I didn't like the Kagema thingy much.
Speaker 1: I totally skipped that thing when I was watching it, Like and then, I mean he told you he was going to right, yeah, and then.
Speaker 2: It just felt like a lot of the showcases really like you know, no racing games, no sports games, not like not even a ton of like traditional platformers. It just felt like three or four genres you know, anime games, uh, disgusting games and you know.
Speaker 1: Oh god, yeah, there was so much body horror games in that thing.
Speaker 2: Like wow, it's just like a weird fetish for him now or you know what's going on. I mean, it just felt like very samey. So that's why I like, yeah, I think it was I think it was two hours, but it was two hours. Yeah, it seemed that it seemed longer. But then it also didn't seem like as important or you know, just nothing really popped out except like the last two things kind.
Speaker 1: Of yeah, I know what I mean. And and that's the thing is like he it almost felt like he really was he was really pining to kind of have to promote some of these games, like you could almost tell on his face, like what am I supposed to say about fractural blooms? Oh it's dopy, doky with silent hill. Okay, is it really?
Speaker 2: I like Lucy James a lot. I didn't like her hair in this thing at all.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's whatever that I don't care about that.
Speaker 2: I'm more curious, like like does he stork a game Spot or not?
Speaker 1: She does. She's just doing that like she's been doing hosting things. She did that, she did the panel for the Star Wars Strategy game, right, so it feels like that she's kind of branching out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the thing is I don't think. I don't think game Spot is gonna be lasting it a lot longer.
Speaker 1: I hate I hate to say I hate to see that because there's a lot of people I like that work at game Spot. But I could see like to more just go over to kind of funny honestly, something happens.
Speaker 2: Right like I think, I mean, I don't no, he listened like Jeff's podcast spot it, but like he's like spots on losing money for fifteen years.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, that was the whole point of like what they didn't know what to do with Giant Bomb, because like it's essentially doing a lot of the same stuff the game spot is, and they they need they felt like they had to keep GameSpot around because of the legacy of it.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Also that mouth PI for higher game just seems to come out already.
Speaker 2: H That's what I'm talking about, Yeah, the Troy Baker, Yeah, yeah, yeah, like that.
Speaker 1: I feel like I've seen I don't know how many trailers for that game and they just keep showing it. But but honestly, yeah, uh no, it's because I thought you were talking about that one that they showed almost towards the end where it has the cat and the no thing that looks like like where they're definitely trying to be like Cuphead.
Speaker 2: First person shooter, you know, yeah that.
Speaker 1: One then, yeah, for sure. And also I guess Nicktoons is making a Gauntlet game with the characters now yea, why not? But yeah, you know what it is, what it is? Uh Now, Xbox definitely needs to go save the day for this thing.
Speaker 2: Uh, the Xbox One. That's gonnnnounce straight up all the game is gonna be in P five as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that too. So but there are rumors that you know, we're gonna get other, you know, some big games in that thing that are not just Xbox. So we'll see. Even though it feels like, you know, they're also trying. It's funny because like Phil's hyping it up and then Aaron greenbers over there, like, no, wait a minute, let's not like get people hyped to the moon for this either. But we'll see. We're gonna talk about it on Monday on our regular episode slot. Thank you for watching us uh live if you have or if you watch later. We appreciate that. You know, Uh, I hope you're enjoying your switch to. We'll have more thoughts on switch to on Monday, even though I don't. I'm still thinking about whether you know, may end up getting welcome to or not. But we'll see, uh and yeah uh until Monday, We'll see again, and enjoy your weekend and see you later. Everybody w