Speaker 1: My Billy Cunningham, the Great America, welcome this great Monday afternoon, the price stage and Rudders finally growth. All Hell's not breaking loose anymore, at least for a while politically. The so called Trump tariffs have been delayed now thirty days. Last night, when I was on with you between ten pm and one am, it was going to be all Hell's going to break loose. How the market was down six hundred points, and all of a sudden, good things are happening. Plus, you might know the Panama Canal that we built with blood and treasure turned over under Jimmy Carter back to the natives, is now not going to renew their contract with communists Red China. You may know if you followed this issue with the Panama Canal, that the Panamanium struck a deal with Silk Road, part of the Chinese communists to take hundreds of millions of dollars to improve parts of the canal and give the management of that canal to communists Red China. They are reaching across the world to hurt us every which way they can, including TikTok and including hot air balloons flying over the country, including buying hundreds of acres around US military bases, and then they're going to envelop us in Peru. They're spending one point five billion dollars for report in South America. I thought the Monroe doctrine doesn't apply anymore, but until then, the market is stabilized largely. Joining you and I now is the man in charge of the finances of the state of Ohio, Keith Faber, who's the state auditor, and he's running for the attorney general's position held by Mike DeWine for eight years and David Yost for eight years. And once again, Keith Faber, Welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show. And Keith, what was your announcement a few days ago about the attorney general's position? Then we got to get into immigration, the market and so much more.
Speaker 2: Well, I've announced that I'm going to run for attorney general. It's you know, state auditor. We have a criminal division. I've convicted one hundred and thirty individuals for alighting, stealing, and cheating with government money. The Attorney General's office is just a bigger stage and we're looking forward to the race and to serve O Highlands.
Speaker 1: Great Now, a couple issues you may confront you have already confronted. I got a text from one of your assistants who said that certain local governments are not complying with state laws and regulations and auditing explaining to the American people what you found of anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the most recent one was we'd have issued finings for recovery, which essentially act like a judgment against these elected officials for them not doing their jobs and incurring late fees and penalties. You've got local elected officials and finance officers who are laid on things like paying your federal taxes and withholding and paying late credit card bills, just not doing their job and paying their bills on time. You know. It just amazes me that people have decided that they think it's okay that they can waste government money that way. No question.
Speaker 1: And a couple issues of parcolating I had on David Yo's last week, had on Senator Bernie Marino. There's an issue parcolating that you likely will confront when you're the new attorney general next year in Ohio, and that is that the sanctuary cities and sanctuary counties was about six or seven in the state of Ohio. That indicated they will not enforced federal law and we don't have it presently. A US attorney in the Southern District. I think one's coming in the next month or so, but what is your view on the City of Cincinnati and the mayor have to have Puri Ball and others saying, you know what, federal law doesn't necessarily apply here. We're not going to obstruct, but we're not going to cooperate. And so as a consequence, Chief of Police Fiji had a little bit of a news conference saying, look, we're not in the immigration roundup business. We're in the business of controlling local rules and regulations. We're not going to do that. And then you had Ken Kober you might know about a week ago, who's the head of the police union one thousand men and women strong CPD that said, you know what, I took an oath of office to support and defend the Constitution of Ohio and the Constitution of the United States of America. And that constitution says that federal law in many areas trump local law, but locally there's no immigration law at all. So it's a federal law and that local officials have got to regulate and he pointed out there as many times as a cop when we call upon the Marshall Service, the FBI, Homeland Security, whatever to back up what we're doing or to give us information, in other words, what we cooperate with the federal authorities all the time, and vice versa. Every now and then, there might be an ice arrest of some rapists or murderer in Hamleton County that's got to be conducted, and it would be helpful if CPD would be there to back up, provide a little bit of security. And under the present rules and regulations, guess what the mayor is telling the city manager share along, telling the police chief, we're not going to cooperate, we're not going to help. Isn't that a recipe for disaster.
Speaker 2: It's absolutely a recipe for disaster. And as usual, you and the FOP have it right. I don't know why the mayor would side with the illegal thugs and rapists instead of Cincinnatians and citizens. I don't know why he would take that position other than to placate his progressive liberal base and friends. The fact of the matter is is that you want law enforcement cooperating together at every turn. You want the local police officers backing FBFBI, the INS and the other people who are out there, Department of Homeland Security investigations, all of those folks, you want them partnering together. And when you're executing a immigration rate, it is good to have local people backing you up because they're going to know the local lay of the land better than some of these folks that are coming in to do it. And we certainly don't want any officers hurt. And to the extent that this political agenda by the left and these left leaning mayors is going to get officers hurt, I think they ought to be ashamed of themselves.
Speaker 1: There's a big Powell, the Vice mayor lemon Coarrn. He's called a big Powwow on Tuesday tomorrow at twelve thirty in which she's asking those affected bodies odd policies of Donald Trump to come forward and numerous immigration rights groups are going to be there to complain about what. So far, to my knowledge, there were some police right. There were some ice raids in Boone County and some in Butler County, But to my knowledge, there's few, if any in Hambliny County that has not been affected. But I noticed in Los Angeles and many major American cities over the weekend. Hundreds of people poured onto interstate highways and stopped at Santa Monica Boulevard. They poured into interstate highways in and around Chicago, shutting it down, and the marching and protesting the fact that federal law has got to apply. And I look at this, Keith Faber, and I say to myself, many many decades ago, probably before you were born, in the fifties and sixties, there were many Democrats in the South who refused to enforce federal law when it came to public education. You may remember George Wallace and Orabell Fobbas and other student the doors and they said, guess what this is Alabama. We're Democrats, We're in Alabama, and guess what. We will not let black kids enter these doorways. It took Eisenhower and Kennedy to call out the army to escort those black kids past Democrats jeering at him. And here we are half a century later, and once again the Democrats, now with a different stripe, say they're not going to enforce federal law. What's your view on that one?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm going to say there's a reason that a large percentage, a greater percentage than ever before, of the Hispanic vote and legal immigrant vote went for Donald Trump. It's because, candidly, I think people are tired of our open borders policy. That's increased fit and al it's increased human trafficking, It's led to all of these problems. And Donald Trump got elected to fix it, and he is in the process of fixing it. He will get it fixed. The problem is going to be all of the roadblocks that the Democrats want to start throwing up against them, and candidly, we just need to hold them responsible when they do that. We should not be an open borders country on the ability for government to serve law abiding American citizens and legal aliens. Look, I've said this before, Bill, Americans believe in immigration. We do. We just want it to be legal. We just want to know who's coming into our country. We do not want terrorists, we do not want criminal thuds, we do not want people who are going to traffic children in our country. And we have a right, and I would say the obligation to make sure we're keeping our community safe by knowing who comes into our country. And that's the Donald Trump agenda.
Speaker 1: You know this morning, Monday morning, I watched MSNBC, so you don't have to. And they had numerous individuals on who now find themselves in Nicaragua. In other words, they were picked up and they were deported because they were here illegally. And this is sad human situation where a mother or a father, they had a mother and one of each own in Nicaragua, saying that they were picked up in Chicago there was someone living in their household that had future of warrens for human trafficking, and just while they were there ancillarily, they asked another person, do you give your ID with you? And none could be presented short investigation. That person is here illegally also, and so the point of the liberal media is to say, and it's not fair to have a mother, a father, a grandfather, a grandmother who's here illegally and then to be shipped back to their home country. And many of these individuals, there's one point four million deportations that have not taken place because those individuals went through the entire immigration process, they had an order from a federal judge to leave the country, failed to do so, and now each of them said, I gotta go back to Chicago. So I have no sympathy for that, because they voluntarily put themselves in that position. And even if you're a mother with kids to ported, you have the opportunity to take your kids with you back to where they came from. But what's you're feeling about the liberal media about to tell the Keith Fabers of this world that you're being unfair.
Speaker 2: Well, the reality is is the liberal media is going to continue to manipulate the narrative to meet their political ends. And we've known that, We've seen that, and that's the reason Donald Trump won. Americans have wised up to that story. But the real story here, Bill, and part of it is the simple question, are we a nation of laws? And if you were here illegally and you're harboring somebody who is a hicro ardoran gag member, boy, you know what you're getting into, you know what you're doing, you probably are at least able to see that. And the other side of it is and I think the mortars are. Tom Holman made this very clear. If you're illegally here, go home, self, deport and you won't have to be arrested. And the bottom line is get in line and come back legally. Look, I think I mentioned to you. I went down with a group of sheriffs and prosecutors to the border about a year ago, and what we saw was very interesting. Went to the Arizona portion of the border, and the people coming across there weren't the give ups that you saw an Eagle pass. There were the people who didn't want to get caught. They're trafficking and fitanol, they're coming to human trafficking, or they might be Mexican citizens who weren't eligible for asylum. Some of them, I'm sure are just coming across for a better life, but you know what, there are ways to do that if you want to be legal. There are also a lot of them that we don't know why they're coming across, and in that capacity. It may be because they're game members, it may be because they're trafficking fit and all. It may be because they're terrorists. But in the end, having an open border means bad things for the country, and it's time for us to close it. It's time for us to send the people who came here illegally back. They knew what they were doing. Biden had a policy to encourage it. It was wrong. It's time for us to fix that, and then we can get back to some kind of a semblance of talking about how we can encourage legal immigration. But right now, you can't do that until the borders closed and until the bad actors are removed.
Speaker 1: Keith Faber, State Auditor. Next year, the Attorney General of Ohio. Another ancillary issue, The Columbus Dispatch points out that there's thousands of individuals hired in the major colleges universities in Ohio along I'll leave the corporate world to decide for the moment, because that's not public money. But public money that goes to the University of Cincinnati may disavior to date and other private schools, or Wright State Public Ohio State University of Toledo, where I got my law degree, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. Received literally hundreds of millions of dollars every year from the federal government. And they have large DEI departments, And they don't masquerade themselves as I'm the director of DEI and I want to discriminate based on race. That's not the way they're advertised. They come up with new monikers as to what they do. They might call it inclusion. It sounds good on paper. Now Donald Trump is saying, I mean, I think the Trumpster is going to do this. He's going to cut off federal financial aid to any college or university in America, including Ohio.
Speaker 2: Thank god.
Speaker 1: That says to a college president and to a board, you cannot discriminate based upon race anymore. That DEI is done. There's hundreds. I saw the number three hundred and twenty three at Ohio State University, to the tune of a fifteen million dollars payroll hired to administer race discrimination. And where do you stand on that issue? Because that issue is going to be big in the next few months.
Speaker 2: It will be big in the next few months, in the next few years. The tentacles of DEI are vast and widespread across most of our governmental institutions. I think that there's a bill currently in the legislature that I'll try and get you the name of Jerry Sarno's the senator who's sponsoring it. You want to try and get him on your program. He can talk with great knowledge about this bill and it will cut out DEI programs, ban them in the state of Ohio at all of our colleges and universities, by statute, DEI is discrimination. And let's just stop. Back up. The equal protection and the other due process rights, and the state constitution and the Federal Constitution basically prohibit you favoring one person basis on race, creed, and a bunch of other protected classes. I don't know why we've ever thought it was a good idea to say, hey, we're going to discriminate in favor of still in the blank because we think that they were discriminated against in the past. It doesn't help the current students to be discriminated against because somebody and their past may have discriminated against somebody else. This is the problem with DEI. If you want to promote a social agenda, promote your social agenda, do it transparently in the political spectrum. Don't try and institutionalize it in the annals and government and the halls of education. That's the problem with DEI. DEI is discrimination, and that's just the facts.
Speaker 1: Well, if that becomes real in the next ninety days, which I think it will, as the state auditor currently, do you have an obligation to may I say enforced parts of federal law. If there's a federal law that says, okay, Ohio State or University of Cincinnati, you get these amounts of money, and we will what will you do?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we will absolutely do that. As state auditor, we do the single audit of all the colleges and the universities, and we have to audit according to the federal rules, guidelines and law, and we will audit Ohio State and Cincinnati and the others to see if they're complying with the federal law. And if they are, we will certify that they're non compliant and that will cost them largely their federal funding. If that's the rules, we will go out and take a look at that, because that's what we do in the auditor's office. I always says auditor, I don't make the rules. I just check to see whether you're following the rules, and the legislature and the or government to people who make those rules are the ones that we seek to make sure people are complying with.
Speaker 1: And lastly, about a minute remaining. You know, I had on the Attorney General, David Yo's last week and he sent an email and letters to COSTCO telling them that they're practicing race discrimination ban while the Ohio and US constitution, and he wants to pursue that if you're have the honor of being the attorney general. In addition to public entities that discriminate based upon race, I don't want race to be a benefit or a cost to anybody. Know the kind of sex I might enjoy to be a benefit or a cost that's irrelevant. Would you actively, as the attorney general go after private businesses, large ones that practices race discrimination?
Speaker 2: The Missouri Attorney General made a really good example of a bunch of businesses using Missouri's anti discrimination statute similarly, and those cases can be successful. If you're discriminating in favor or against any protected class, you ought to fully anticipate that Keith Favor as Attorney General, is going to use the full force of the law to make sure that the law is followed and enforced. I think it's a good excuse to say that we're discriminating in favor of the favored political class of the day. I don't think that's what the law and constitution requires. I think the bottom line is discriminations bad, and it shouldn't be allowed under any cover. And Deeton the eye doesn't make it any better.
Speaker 1: Well, the Democrats played games during slavery and the lynchings of blocks. Those are all Democrats. They played games in the nineteen forties and fifties and sixties saying black kids can't be educated in public schools. Now fifty years later they're playing games again, changing the object of the discrimination. But once again, Keith Favor, thanks for coming on this Monday afternoon. Good luck next year with the AG's race, and may God bless you and God bless America. Keith, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Thanks Bill.
Speaker 1: Let's continue news this next plus my comments and more at your home, Red's Bengals and more. News Radio seven hundred WLW