Speaker 1: Hey guys, and welcome to everybody's favorite audio distraction ASTP, A Strange Thing podcast where cold drinks and strange conversations are the best combination. As always, we're coming to you hot and fast from the ASTP Stranger Zone, and I am your host, Austin.
Speaker 2: If you go all the way.
Speaker 1: Around the room, is the man, the myth, the legend himself, the Odin to my thor Mike?
Speaker 2: Mike, how you doing? What's what's going on? Man? Bringing the energy you are? We've been talking about how we need to start having fun again, so I became chat studley. You kind of caught me off guard. I gotta say, I'm god, I wasn't ready for it. Bett. Yeah, he's high energy. Maybe it has to do with your new diet and you've been working out and all that stuff. I'm down over thirty pounds. Well, I don't know. I'd say you're looking good, but you're my son, so that would be weird. Yeah, I think that would be very strange, weird. What episode number is this?
Speaker 3: Do you know? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well, okay, I am Mike and you are Austin, and this is episode number eighteen eighteen of A Strange Thing Podcast.
Speaker 1: Almost did twenty I know we're almost.
Speaker 2: We are almost one year into this endeavor called a Strange Thing Podcast, Go figure right, eighteen episodes over the course of a year. We would have had we were shooting for twenty four episodes in a year. We're not going to make it because of this code. You really have to smush them out and COVID kind of derailed this, but it did and babies and we might get twenty are I think we're going to actually probably get nineteen twenty if we can get two more in before nine to eleven because our first kickoff launch us on nine to eleven, and not even because we you know, planned it that way, It was just out there. It was that way.
Speaker 1: We know it's kind of a hot number conspiratorially, yes, and emotionally.
Speaker 2: And you know what else is weird about nine to eleven of last year, of twenty nineteen. Last year, on September eleventh, we were up in the mountains recording.
Speaker 1: Our introsing in the woods.
Speaker 2: We were recording it without even knowing what we were going to talk about because we hadn't gotten any stories yet. It was and we were up there out in the wilderness having a good time, and we recorded and I had pre arranged for the launch of our first podcast to automatically launch while we were up there. It was a very momentous day. It was we have come a long way. We have. We've done a lot of things.
Speaker 1: We've added three even vehicular unit.
Speaker 2: And you're right, we've got the Investigation Destination Vehicle.
Speaker 1: D V d V and the m I d vs. The m I d vs many investigation destination vehicles.
Speaker 2: Otherwise known as motorcycles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the cool part.
Speaker 2: So it's really cool because the m I d VS go into the I d V. It's kind of like they are basically what you would call a super duper set up. Well, yeah, it's been a good year. We've we've learned a lot about podcasting. We've learned a lot about whiskey. You know, you said pecker glyphs, which, yeah, maybe we don't want to say that word. Yeah, probably not a good word. Pecker glyphs.
Speaker 1: You see those like high school bathroom stalls, Yes, you do, little pecker glyphs all over those stalls.
Speaker 2: Sometimes see them scratched it there with the underneath. Is like I saw one on the road today. Pecker glyphs painted spray painted.
Speaker 4: Pecker glass, a petri pic petrograph on the ground, on the of a giant erect male unit, a.
Speaker 2: Phallic symbol, a phallic symbol, which is also quite common on Disney movies. Oh man, we're way off topic. Yeah, we are. Like we said, this is episode number eighteen and we are talking about strange rocks, and tonight is our last episode on Strange Rocks, and then we're gonna migrate. We have a nice kind of segue into our next topic, and our next topic is going to be really fun, you know, speaking of segs.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know. I just like say, speaking of segways because it's like a.
Speaker 2: A segue to a segue. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: All right, we're gonna talk about the people get this rock rolling.
Speaker 2: In our last episode, we kind of ended talking about the commonality of certain symbols that you find on petroglyphs, and there were a lot of things that were similar, like you find spirals, you find dot snacks, you find snakes, And that's that's kind of where we left it, because when we got to snakes and serpents and feathered serpents and dragons, we stumbled across something that's quite unique. And when I say we stumbled, I'm talking about you and me, because I think people have stumbled across this.
Speaker 1: I've actually watched you stumble on a snake rattlesnake.
Speaker 2: What do you mean stumbled?
Speaker 1: I'd leapt like a leopard with a broken foot, like a deer.
Speaker 2: Man. I were like, I was going a footless deer. Who thought your old pops could jump that high? Anyway? I didn't say about anyway, so you can't drink yep.
Speaker 1: Speaking of snakes and stuff, Yes, we were playing Cards against Humanity.
Speaker 2: You ever played a game. Yeah, it's a sick awful game.
Speaker 1: It's fun and uh, let's play with my in laws. Oddly enough, that's even more off.
Speaker 2: But one of the cards I was flying sex snake, Flying sex snake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I thought that was weird because we had just talked about, like, you know, just flying sex snakes.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, it's really weird. So this is a little sidebar, but it's still connected. We were talking about how serpents on petroglyphs are found all over the world, not just in in you know, Americas, but all over the post. And then we started talking about that the mythology behind these symbols that are on the petroglyphs or inscribed on rocks in Egypt or in Assyria or Babylon or wherever you want to go, that there is a whole mythos surrounding them, and a lot of those deal with sex. Yeah, that's why I thought it was funny and flying now and it's just bizarre. I mean, yeah, I kind of chuckle at this because but in a way I get kind of creeped out because when you get into this stuff, everything seems to kind of go back to the same origin, and that origin is always about sex, giants, UFOs, the paranormal. It's like everything always comes back to those. And so if you're looking at like these ancient inscriptions on rocks, they're often about things like gods coming from outer space or another world or parallel dimension having sex with humans, creating these chimera offspring that end up being worshiped and extremely violent or whatever. They are horrible, and then humanities fight against them or another gods fight against them to expunge them from the face of the earth. And those kind of common threads and stories are are everywhere. They really are it's weird, and I had no idea. And I think part of what the reason we notice it now is because we have the Internet where we can finally connect these dots. Like you were say saying earlier when they were talking about it, it's so weird. It's weird. I don't know really what that means, other than than it's like somehow all these different cultures have a similar upbringing. They they have experienced or heard the same stories, or that.
Speaker 1: It's kind of just the natural progression.
Speaker 2: I mean, I wonder about that. How about that works?
Speaker 1: Okay, how many teenage boys are out there thinking about it, Scarlett Johansson, and how many teenage girls are out there thinking about because gardless Johansson, we never know, ye judge, no, no judge, But you know, people are always like striving, so like I just want to grow up and find a man who's strong and capable and can hunt and also can shoot lightning from his fingers, you know, like.
Speaker 2: Because I'm sure every little girl does that.
Speaker 1: I don't know, people have unrealistic expectations, and you can see how like a story about extreme unrealistic expectations, like every romantic comedy ever kind of manipulate your perception of how your future is supposed to be. They were like fighting constantly and dealing with all kinds of problems, different tribes, whatever. So maybe some of these tales aren't necessarily like supernatural origins, but maybe they are like, a, well, this guy could have been our savior, and let's let's tell our kids about a positive future where we marry and sleep with this angelicus, you know, wise being.
Speaker 2: I kind of get that idea. But what's weird about it is all of these cultures that share these same kind of stories or these same kind of characters. I mean, maybe you could say kind of like you're going for, which is in all these cultures there are snakes everywhere, right, and there's something about snakes that are Hawaii people Hawaii and New Zealand and those. I don't think there's an Ireland either, right, because that one guy he cast them all out. He's a he's a saint, he's saint somebody apostrophe. He drove all the snakes out of Ireland. I don't know that that's the myths, but snakes but or there never were snakes here and he just claimed. It's like, yeah, I want to know where there's no snakes here. Saint Apostrophe did that, but no, I mean, okay, so you could say, yeah, all these cultures have snakes. A lot of them are dangerous, so people revere them and they stay away from them because they're creepy, right, yep, slithery, and so you can kind of go there. But what doesn't make sense is that the stories aren't about a creature that's scary and poisonous or dangerous. The stories are always about a representative of that snake, that is a god or a demi god that does something. Yeah, and that is a weird thing that would just dive in multiple cultures across the world that are totally separated, they don't have the same unless they have the same kind of influence, why would they say the same kind of stories and use the the same creature to tell those stories. Right, And that's one thing that's really fascinating. And it's not just serpents, right, I mean, that's what we closed on on our last episode. We talked about these feathered or flying serpents and you could call them dragons because other cultures are dragons or and if you go to like Assyria or Babylon, and they're on the gate, the Ishtar gate. There are these they walk, they have legs, but they are dragons with a forked tongue. You have a quetzel Quaddal. I know that word, I don't know what it means. They have quetzel quadal out of South America or the Aztecs worship this feathered serpent god who is also a human. And so then you've got the whole idea modern times of like reptilian shape shifters, right so, and they're always like combined with ufo or aliens or transdimensional beings, or you could use the old words, which would be gods or elohim or the what's the on anaki in which is another And they're not even necessarily Reptilian, but they are these gods that came and gay man like all kinds of technology and information that we're supposed to have. And then you have the watchers. You have the stuff out of like the Book of Enoch, which are like these fallen angels or falling gods that come and cohabit with women. And there are all these myths about serpents, serpentine, reptilian, all kinds of weird stuff that's that I.
Speaker 1: Think of as like a I don't know where I heard this. It's a weird one. There's like a giant snake. I think it's Australia, my.
Speaker 2: Anke d on the Bobby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyway, there's like a giant snake and it's like the one that carved the canyon the river through.
Speaker 2: Oh the story of it, and there was like a giant fire.
Speaker 1: That's the Aborigines in Australia, which is like, I mean, Australia is far out man. Australia's far at night. You can go dann A, see kygaroos, you see many kangaroos.
Speaker 2: Crazy, everything's weird done under yep again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they have like I wish I knew the story, but like a snake that carved the river through. It was a giant snake and they didn't worship it and brought like a fire. I'm probably way off, but I think it's crazy that even Australia, which is like weigh in money, it's like you can't say most of the words Australians say on the radio.
Speaker 2: Well it's it seemed like there was a word in the what's his name thor thor in that mythology and the Battle of Ragnarok, and there was a giant serpent that was able. It was so huge it was able to wrap its itself all the way around the world, and Thor managed to kill it with his hammer Thema. But then he took like nine steps and died. Yeah, because you're the poison of the snake killed him. Don't believe it. I mean, but it's the same kind of of story. And you get into Native American stories and there are, I mean, there's too many to even begin to try to.
Speaker 1: Say a lot of mythology around snakes. Yes, long story, yes, and not only snakes in mythology, but snakes were so important in cultures separated across the world that they were chiseled into stone.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I try to find a way to reconcile it. But the only thing that kind of makes sense is that they had some kind they shared some original story. They shared the creature, the god, whatever it was that was the serpent creature. And if you can look in Judeo Christian traditions, you can look all over the place and that character is there, and that's weird. So another another thing that's really interesting about this is like in the Mesopotamian history and mythologies. So there in the times of like you look in like the biblical setting, you had Canaan knights, had you had all these Philistines, you had all these these people that were supposedly very evil, and then you have Israel that was supposed to be a light to the nations, and they failed miserably most of the time. But they go into these areas and they were worshiping different gods, and those gods were like Marduke and Belle or Baal. They called them the bales, and they were often tied to the image of the serpent or the snake or the dragon, or coiled.
Speaker 1: Around the image of the serpent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so like Marduke and Molek. He's another one. Now, Molek was like a symbol of He was kind of seen as a bowl. But he's also often associated with Marduke and Bail. One of their manifestations is a serpent or a snake or a dragon like a bull snake. Yeah. And so one thing weird about all of those Mesopotamian gods, they were renowned and known for their child sacrifice mandatess. So you have all these people the Philistines, the Canaanites, and even the even the Ingdeans that went into the land. Yeah, let's not talk about Epstein here. But they were sacrificing their children in this mullick to this smolet god, and they would build this like giant Altar had the head of a bowl, and they would put fire in the belly of this thing and stoke it high, and then he had his arms out and they would roll and they would roll their daughters and sons down into the belly of this and surrender them to the flames. And it's like, so many of these stories are nefarious. Yeah, they're bad, they're bad, they're things. They were not good creatures. Now, some serpents were kind of good. They were like in a lot of Asian cultures they were water dragons, and they were actually benevolent. They were good, you know, or at least they were neutral. They weren't bad or malevolent spiral. Yeah, they were fairly good entities, and a lot of times the whole concept of a serpent could be a token or sign of good luck. Interesting. Yeah, so you know, different things change in different cultures. But when you get to mythology of these dragons, flying serpents, feathered serpents. There's a lot of nastiness that surround them. So long story short is, there are a lot of weird things on rocks that are evidence of mythologies that permeated a culture thousands of years ago. And it wasn't just the culture of those rocks that we saw, but it was the culture of all these societies across the globe that had similar narratives and similar characters and similar symbols and similar mythologies right at the same time. And that is just so fascinating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's something weird about just rocks in general, Like I don't know if it's just a material that we have available.
Speaker 2: Well, they're really hard, yeah, they last a long time do But it's what is it about?
Speaker 1: Okay, So you and I were talking about maybe i'd come up with a list of.
Speaker 2: Like favorite rocks. Rocks. Yeah, so I came up with three that I thought were like real. I was, you know, I'm looking I was looking forward when we talked about this. I was looking forward to finding out what your favorite rocks are. Okay, I think there two of them are obvious.
Speaker 1: Okay, one of them is you probably have no idea. Okay, so the first one and you were talking about how it's.
Speaker 2: All over the world. There, she's weird rocks. Right, is stone Hinge? Stonehinge in England? England?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't. I don't know the exact location, like what area exactly.
Speaker 2: I can narrow it down for you. Okay, it's in the United Kingdom UK. All right. I had a teacher from the UK.
Speaker 1: He was a welding teacher and he did not drive.
Speaker 2: You're welcome. He's pretty cool. His name was me O Kem.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I think it's fun fact is that, according to this little documentary Gilly I was watching and kind of doing some little bit of research, is it shrinking.
Speaker 2: Because of earthworms something? Oh? Sinking? Sinking? Yeah, shrinking, sinking? Shrinking would be respective, I guess. Well, we wouldn't know if the universe is collapsing because everything would be shrinking with it, like you know if you wrote on a balloon, yeah, shrunk. Yeah, we would know if it's shrinking, but we would know if it's sinking. Yep. Okay, you're welcome.
Speaker 1: But yeah, apparently it's sinking like it's slowly like by Yeah apparently, so obviously they have to eat decay stuff, you know, like they take in that carbon or whatever and they.
Speaker 2: At the surface.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then apparently it's slowly, like very very slowly, and then like a thousand years or something, it'll like lose a fool.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm not a freaking wormeologist. So it's Stonehenges is a sinking, not shrinking. Stonehinges sinking because of earthworm farts.
Speaker 1: Okay, yep, no, poop poop farts are way different.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: I think it's weird that it has a connection to like the fairy myth which fairy myths kind of tie into a lot of other stuff like UFOs and sasquatch, okay.
Speaker 2: And also which we're gonna talk about in the in it fairy myths, Native American myths of the cannibal dwarfs, a lot of Native American legends of small fairy like hobbit creatures in Native American mythology, I think.
Speaker 1: Typically, so a story that comes to mind about Stonehinge, it specifically is in fairy circles is like a thing fairy circle fairy circles. Uh, fairies will like kidnapped the loved one, yes, and then they will impersonate that loved one and you have to kind of best wits with this fairy to retrieve the person that you.
Speaker 2: You have to out smart him.
Speaker 1: Basically, I'm not like a fairy analogist.
Speaker 2: Kind of like Bilbo when he was out witting Galum in the Yeah, yes, I guess kind of. No, not at all. But they're purposefully.
Speaker 1: Facetious, and they kind of like play tricks, and they'll like come to you as somebody, you know, to lure you back into someplace, and they want to keep you forever unless you can best wits and you can outsmart them. And there's been stories of people like seeing a loved one in this very realm and actually like which is underground and has its own light sources unidentifiable or something, but they'll see like somebody who's died in the past, and they'll come to them and be like, you need to get out of here. If you don't get out fast, you will be here forever and they'll devour you or something like that. So that's kind of weird, and Stonehenge has a lot of those weird things. And then I heard a story of a young girl who moved there from like Montana, or something stupid, and she actually ended up dead near Stonehenge, and they thought because she was like dabbling in the occult, that maybe she had gone there as a ritualistic thing and maybe that's what that whole area was.
Speaker 2: Druids made it to like some kind of spellcasting super structure.
Speaker 1: Something and X ray and sonar kind of investigation of that area has kind of revealed it. It seems like there's a bunch of skeletons around there, oh, like a bunch like a burial ground and these are like a gravestones almost what.
Speaker 2: Do they call those ground penetrating radar?
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe probably, but so.
Speaker 2: It's built on like a cemetery, yeah kind of thing. And they said it was only like a holy burial site.
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably like higher up people because there's not a ton of them.
Speaker 2: But there's a lot.
Speaker 1: There's enough to make it like, well, there's a lot of dead people here. And they said that there's almost a fifty to fifty ratio of men to women, So it was like like not only like cultural equality was pretty prevalent, but apparently these were like maybe kings and queens or you know, they kind of had like a I don't know I thought that was cool. That's one of my favorite rocks.
Speaker 2: So that was a lot of information about one of your favorites. What's your second favorite rock?
Speaker 1: Obviously, I think the next obvious rock cool thing is Easter Island.
Speaker 2: You know, I did a little research on Easter Island because it is really cool, and I just want to point out that there is a cave there that has petroglyphs or pictographs, I think a little both. That is called Cave of the Dragon.
Speaker 1: Easter Island's cool because all of the heads face out towards the ocean around the small island. I think it's off of like off of Chili. Yes, so Easter Island's off of Chili. And all of the East Island heads are facing out towards the ocean except for two and apparently I don't know what one of them is. It didn't really go into that, but the other ones like a bearded man and apparently Easter Islands heads actually have bodies and like their heads are proportionally off compared to their bodies, but they're all facing out from the ocean.
Speaker 2: Like protect Oh boy, their heads are way too bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're all looking out towards the ocean, like they're like maybe like watching, and then there's this one that's like kind of bowing and he's like on his knee and his hands kind of out. He's got a beard.
Speaker 2: What's the age of those stone characters? Pretty old?
Speaker 1: I don't remember the exact date. I had like pretty good notes on all this stuff and it didn't save Oh.
Speaker 2: Oh, I know he has good How old are the Easter Island heads?
Speaker 6: Five hundred years old? On the website the culturetrip dot com, they say this is a question of much debate among scholars in the field, although there was a consensus they were built sometime between four hundred and fifteen hundred AD. That means all the statues are at least five hundred years old, if not much more.
Speaker 1: They're pretty old, but not as old as I thought they would be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're not like fourteen thousand years old, like thing down at Winnemuck Lake.
Speaker 1: When I'm like, but they are cool, and they're all facing out, and they're giant and they're disproportionate.
Speaker 2: Which I think is cool.
Speaker 1: Somebody went through all the effort to move giant stones.
Speaker 2: Why would they do that? That's my question. And they've done a like a they're like, there's no way people at this time could have.
Speaker 1: Moved them, but if you carve them, and apparently they were able to, like scientists were able to like walk the statue like I don't know how many, but they were able to like actually shuffle it across land like it was just walking.
Speaker 2: Just wrote just kind of get a little lot balanced with like a rope or you know, just don't tip it over, man, it would be allowed. Just don't let fall on your Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I thought that was cool, and they seem to me like they were either a representation of a god or maybe an intimidation factor for you know, a people coming in and they were like, oh, that's a big fellow standing on the sand.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: So if you want to find the mythology of that, you could ascribe something like the Watchers to what those might symbolize, because the why were always looking out for humanity. So even like as bad as it as it was, you remember the movie with Russell Crowe Noah Noah, and they had those rock giants, That's what those were. They were the Watchers. And in the Book of Enoch, which is not official reading material, it never was canonized and put in the Bible, but it's referred to in the Bible, so it existed at the time that some of the writers were writing. But they talked about the Watchers, which were these angelic beings or gods, these e looking that left their estate and they basically were assigned a region of people to protect and to watch over. That's why they have the name Watchers.
Speaker 3: The Creator formed us on the second Day, the day he named the heavens. We watched over out oft the eve, saw their frailty and their love, and then we saw therefore, and we pitied. We were once owned them, but light it was not our place to interfere. Yet we chose to try and help and kind and when we disobeyed the Creator, he punished us. We were encrusted by your world.
Speaker 2: So it's really strange to me that now you are talking about one of your favorite rock formations in the middle of this island outside of Chili, and there's giant heads that probably are associated with these same potential historic legends. Probably potentially potentially, I mean from my I'm not a professional total hack, right, we've talked about this, but from my hack in my brain, it sounds like that's a really good mess. It sounds good, Yeah, looks good on paper. It looks good on paper, and it fits.
Speaker 1: Another thing I thought was cool is that the Easter Island area seems like uninhabited, but through some equation and mathematical and historical references they can find that there was I think it was like sweet potatoes or something that you're there about actually, and there could have been like a pretty good population.
Speaker 2: I wish I had more now. So was it like, were they like agricultural they would actually like think they were like farming or were they just leaners? I think they were farming. That's crazy.
Speaker 1: But it was only five hundred years ago.
Speaker 2: Well they said five hundred two. You're almost one ad to five hundred, so I mean that could be anywhere up to two thousand years ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's pretty darn old anyway. So that one's kind of weird, and it like fairy circles weird, but it looks like just a bunch of rocks. Easter Island's kind of weird because it's a lot of effort. I mean, could you imagine scratching all these pretty in depth faces with detail and not even and you know, like that's pretty intense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's weird.
Speaker 1: My third one, last one, You're welcome, guys, is uh. It's at Dry Fork Canyon in Utah, and I had to poke around all over. I was actually looking for a different one and I found this one. I was like, that's my new favorite. It's got giant horned monsters holding decapitated heads of humans with with with with with crying faces, yes, and and they're big human like monsters just pulling people apart. There's one where like a head is next to like a foot, and it's like it's pretty messed up. And they got big old heads like Easter Island, which which made me kind of make that leap And I thought that was gross and weird. And maybe it's an it's a prospective thing, like maybe it's symbolic like the other tribe or the other group of people that lived here were superior and they killed us all and they cut off our heads. And that's why the bigger in the paintings, because the winner's write history, right.
Speaker 2: So do you see those as petroglyphs or pictographs? I think they're I think they were pecked to pic to peppers. I think there are pictographs. I think they are pictographs, but I said rocks. Yes, no, I you know, it's really weird that you say that, because I was looking at part of what we were going to talk about in a little bit, these cannibals, and that was one of the references that came up in this canyon because they're decapitated and there are these weird kind of manifestations of like humanoid creatures there. You know, they could be skin walkers or you know, who knows what they're referring to. They could be the shaman. But it's really weird that that came up as one of the searches. And now you're talking about you got that one. Yeah, yeah, it's totally Yeah, it was one of the ones I came up with Nine Mile Canyon, the Skinwalker Native American witch mythos crazy. Yeah, I put it there just for that.
Speaker 1: Here's another so I guess there's around uh Skinwalker Ranch, which is which is I've heard that I couldn't find any online. Another one that the mythology of Skinwalker Ranch in that area between the two tribes, that one of them they will not even look at that direction of the ranch because of the curse that was put on there in the Skinwalker, but we'll get into Skinwalker's here. So the last one I found is a half one. This is a co worker. Grew up around Oregon. Okay, I think it's right on the border of Oregon and California. There's a lava bed there and there's this Petrick pet peck pecker ticker and it's a scratchy one. And on this scratchy one Petrick Pecker I think they call it Petrick Glyff Point.
Speaker 2: And it's right on the.
Speaker 1: Edge of this big lava bed like craters of the moon for you, you know, and Idaho people. It's like, it looks like a moon scene. It's just weird rolling craters, volcanic swirly rocks and craters.
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 1: But on this picture pector is Petrick Petrick glyph is these scratches, and they thought it was Native American, and then through more recent research they they're starting to think it's Norse like Viking, like one of the earliest Viking contacts with the US with the Americans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I thought that was really cool. But I was trying to track it down and he's like, is this small thing there's a big sign when you get there. But I couldn't remember exactly the location and I was trying to use like keywords that he had given me.
Speaker 2: Well, if we can find it, I'll put it up on the website, which you know I should say here because it's a perfect moment. Yeah, go to our website. Check it out. I've been putting these little blog posts that support each one of our episodes. So go there. We have links to a lot of what we talked about. Cool. Okay, my turn for my favorite rocks. So one of my first favorites, probably because I grew up in the area and I saw it all the time, is Balanced Rock. This is outside of a hall Stride ho. It's just this weird kind of almost like a golf club kind of top rock. That's huge. I think I've talked about it last Yeah, and it's just kind of it's on this small base and it sticks up like a giant golf club head and there are pictures of people like on the top of it playing cards.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it was like a professional rock climber.
Speaker 2: And you know what was really sad is this has probably been thirty years ago. Forty years ago somebody tried to blow it up and knock it over and they did some damage to it, but it didn't fall and it Yeah, so they came in with some like concrete type stuff and they tried to shore it up because it is kind of a tourist still there drawing yet. That's one of my favorite places to camp. Yeah, you can fish in that. They have a little park, you can camp, you can fish, you can hike.
Speaker 1: Like a sea saw and yeah, little playground and stuff in the bathroom.
Speaker 2: And it's a unique area. It's really kind of cool and just just you know, if you're ever in that neck of the woods. Close by are the Hagerman fossil beds, so there are all kinds of dinosaur bones that are you know, dug up there and it's an ongoing kind of excavation there. Ye. And it's a fun place to go. So if you're ever in that area of Idaho, check it out. It's a cool thing. And if you don't want to go to Idaho, I don't blame you. I'll put pictures on our website. Yeah, that's a good time. So that's my that's one of my favorite Idaho It sucks, Yeah, don't come here. We're on the whole place is nobody should come here because it's gross and nobody wants to be here, and we you know, we suffer through it. But if you come here, you'll hate it. So my favorite rock is Rainbow Bridge. You have to get there by going on Lake Powell in southern Utah. Yeah, I've been there with you. Yeah. Yeah. So if you get on there and you're actually I think you're probably in Arizona when you get to Rainbow Bridge. But it's just an arch and the only way to get there is to go on this lake. And Lake Powell is amazingly huge. It's long, with lots of channels that kind of feed into it. So there's a lot of like I guess you would call it beachline, but a lot of it is you're going up these little narrow canyons in the water.
Speaker 1: It's like fingering out all directions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like a sun rape. Yeah. It's really a cool lake, and it's hot. It's really hot down there, and there's a lot of petroglyphs down in that area too. So if you go down in that area, you have to go. I think it's about twenty five miles by boat. Wow, and there's a little place where you can dock your boat. Little dock there and you can walk in. It's probably another mile. And there is this bridge made of rock.
Speaker 1: It's just an arch like a natural bridge.
Speaker 2: And it's called Rainbow Bridge. And we went there with some good friends of ours and explored Lake Powell. And you know, that whole area is so cool. I mean southern Utah and Arizona and New Mexico.
Speaker 1: Zion National National Park and Park Art I meant, but Rocks canyon Lands.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is is weird. It is so cool and I think you could live your whole life there and never run out of things to look at. But anyway, that was a that's a really cool one for me. I know there are other places, but as far as the ones that I have seen, those are like my favorite. Thore stuck out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I haven't seen any of the ones that I spoke of, but I just I think it'd be cool to see those, especially because two of.
Speaker 2: Them are not on the continent. Right. Yeah, it would be fun to go to Easter Island.
Speaker 1: Ding anyway, it would be fun to go to Easter Island. Yeah, it'd be fun to take some motorcycles over there because I feel like that area is like much more you know, luckily and roly and green and lush.
Speaker 2: Looking at it from you know, Google Earth, it's not very big. No, it's it's just I mean it's I don't think it's as big as Hawaii.
Speaker 1: So I work with some like a Hungarian guy.
Speaker 2: His name's Attila.
Speaker 1: I call him Attila the hunt Hungarian, and he's super cool, one of the nicest people in the world. He lived in a castle with his family. Like he's straight up European. But I always make fun of It's like you can go from Boise to Nampa and be in a different country.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now we got to speak a different language. We use different money now because we went on a freeway for an hour, two hours.
Speaker 2: And you're off your country. Ear.
Speaker 1: It's like it's like the Eastern States of the US. It's like tiny, tiny, tiny, that's like their whole area. Yeah, and then Russia gigant on all of Siberia we have, do you guys like small?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Any Let's get back to our rocks. Yeah, we're off We get off track all the time. So before we went down to our favorite rocks, what were we talking about. So let's just reel all the way back. Let's go back to where we were talking about petroglyphs, and we were talking about this. You know, we had the dragons and the serpents and that kind of stuff that are on these these rocks all over the world. We were kind of going to launch into other things that are on these rocks that are also like dragons, serpents are all over the place. And one of those that I thought was really weird. There are on these rocks. And let's just say, in the Americas a lot of these weird humanoid characters symbols. Some of them look like aliens, some of them look like giants, some of them look like Bigfoot, some of them look like horned creatures from outer space. Some of them look like reptilians. I mean, it's just weird. A lot of them look like chimeras. They'll have wings, or they'll they'll have horns, or they're animal characters, right, And so these things populate a lot of the petroglyphs that you see in the Americas, but they also are frequently seen in other rock art formations throughout the world. In Egypt, Is, Syria, Babylon, Mesopotamia, Africa, Asia, The same kind of things keep coming up, and that is really a weird thing. So one of those things, besides the serpents and the dragons, are the depictions of what a lot of people believe are shaman and holymen. But really, you know, nobody really knows for sure, right, you have no way, you can't ask somebody. No, it's like, this is this weird chimera. Is it symbolic of of your shaman, of your tribe, or is this actually saying something about some mythological creature?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: And Native American cultures are right with all kinds of mythological creatures. So I thought it'd be fun because some of these depictions could be those characters that we talk about. Some of those One of those that people talk about are the Native American legends of water babies. You have you heard about these?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think when we were talking about the podcast, that was one of the ones I wanted to do that you brought up, Yeah, because they're they're they're fairly close to where we are, these water baby mythologies. Yeah, yeah, so yeah, that was one of the first things I wanted to do as water babies and it seems creepy, but it has the word baby in it, so I'm like, yeah, I'm not scared of you.
Speaker 2: So, so what is your understanding of what water babies are as far as their mythology or legend.
Speaker 1: I think they're kind of almost like impish or like elve like the fairies that I was talking about. They're like almost pranksty or like the black eyed children. They're deceptive and they want to lure you, and they want to guide you into into something, into like another realm, and.
Speaker 2: Their endgame is to lead away children or people by pretending to be young infants like black black eyed children. Yeah, or you could almost take it to like the idea of mermaids and syreens. Yeah whatever. They are the creatures that call you towards a body water. Yeah yeah, man, And like you think somebody's in trouble, a child's drowning, and you go to rescue them, and then lo and behold, they lure you out and take you and drown you in the upside. In the Indian Native American legends, they would tell these stories to warn children basically, I think, to stay away from the water.
Speaker 1: That makes sense, that sounds yeah, Yeah, water's dangerous, especially if you don't know how to hold your breath and or swim.
Speaker 2: But you know what's weird about it is this is not a mythology that is unique to Native American culture. You find the same thing and well, what's a famous one children of lick Corn. I don't know what so good to Ireland? What do they have up the leprecauns? You have the little leprechaun people keep you away from water. Well, no, no, that they're not specifically water, but they're leprechauns and fairies and and things water nymphs that that tempt you to go towards the water, and you know, water's dangerous. People drowned, They don't drown. The get grouped in witch by which but girls, I thought we were on the train of kids. Oh yeah, you taking the kid train. I was taking the water fairy train. Okay, you can have the old water fairies known as mermaids, or you can have the young baby water babies. But anyway, their end results is the same people drown right. The same thing happens when you know, like people that were floating in big boats across the ocean and they had the legends of the mermaids that would you know, sirens that would tempt people to join them and they would drown them. So it's the same kind of weirdness, But I can almost understand the origin of those mythologies as a practical one, unlike maybe like the dragons and the serpents that have a different kind of like thing where people come from outer space or they come from another dimension or their gods or whatever. Right, I mean that's a little different than like water namps, yeah, or mermaids specifically.
Speaker 1: You have let's say, I don't know how many people ran a normal ship right with sails. It was a it was a heavy duty, rough and tough group of dudes. Yeah, probably not a lot of female interaction. And I don't know if you know anything about dudes, but their female driven.
Speaker 2: So it wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Surprise me if like people legitimately went insane and that was like, well they saw a mermaid, they saw a woman in the water.
Speaker 2: They were going that was their hallucination. Yeah, it was like some kind of like and how they met their demise. Well, you think about these people out of boats, they end up out in the middle of the Ocean's gay wind stops. Yeah, no hotter, no propulsion and humid. Where can they go? What can they do? So they sit out there and they lay anguish and these dead, windless, calm ocean they can't go anywhere man. And then so you know, food is a is a commodity that is limited, and people are longing for companionship other you know, their loved ones or whatever.
Speaker 1: I want you to play the song cabin Fever from Muppet Treasure Island Kevin.
Speaker 5: Day so long.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's good. So they I mean, I can understand the origin of the whole idea of Mermaid and stuff and how they You know, you go out there long enough, you might start having and you're malnourished, way dehyded.
Speaker 1: They had to have been. You can't carry that much water along with all the food, along with all of the stuff you're supposed to be transporting.
Speaker 2: Yep. On land, you know, kids go out and they drown. They run away Mom and dad's not watching, and so they run away and they're out there by the and then they fall in. And then what do they do? You know, they make up stories they to blame this tragedy on. You know, they could easily come up with that kind of thing. So we have water babies and maybe some of the petroglyphs depict that kind of nefarious kind of creature.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Another one would be the skinwalker. Full another topic. Yeah, and so the skin walker. We could do a whole episode or maybe even a series on the idea of the skin walker, which is basically a witch who has the ability to basically cast a spell that allows them to become kind of this weird creature that takes on the powers of like an.
Speaker 1: Animal, very often a cannibalistic aspect.
Speaker 2: Right, Yes, like a like a wolf or something that will eat humans as protein. Now that's interesting to me because that is also a lot of the kind of mythology that you find surrounding these you know, like we talked a little bit about the Watchers that came from you know, the gods that came out and had offspring. That offspring was often noted as being cannibalistic, and if not cannibalistic, they would be extremely violent towards humanity. Crazy, Yeah, just totally violent that we just kill them. They would kill them like we kill rock chunks or gophers, you know, just go out for fun and just kill a bunch of humans today. Yeah, so, I mean that's kind of the legend that so I find it interesting in the legends of skinwalkers that they're like cannibalistic and they go after and assume the power of whatever creature that they're walking in the skin of and then take out humans. Right, I've heard, I've heard.
Speaker 1: So it's weird that you bring it up a podcast that I really like that.
Speaker 2: He actually just did a Skinwalker Ranch. Oh, a Skinwalker Ranch. Yeah, episode. I just I just watched that whole series on web was it Annie or whatever. It's pretty good. It was you know, it's creepy, it's weird what goes on there, but you kind of see they get into like this, well anyway, I don't want to talk about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but anyway, this guy Dan Cummins. The podcast is called Time Suck, Time Suck. Yeah, it's really good. It's an awesome part one.
Speaker 2: Of my it might be my favorite, but we almost like it better than ourselves. But go ahead, he.
Speaker 1: Goes over everything. This is why it's on my mind. You brought it up totally innocently. But if I remember, right, and there's a lot of Native and stories that are like this like another one that he did previously, the wind to go basically like in a way to recapture their humanity to eat after becoming a witch and after becoming is evil, they can't satisfy their hunger for their human flesh, for their density.
Speaker 2: So, okay, just parallel to that. Okay, so the story of you know that Jesus talks about in biblical narrative about disembodied spirits, and so they are disembodied spirits that long for the ability to have a body again to inhabit. And so they're basically like the skinwalker, they're longing to be human again. They're longing to be inside of a body that is solid. And it's the same kind of thing It talks about these evil spirits that they don't have a body, so they possess another body, and then when they're cast out of that body, it hurts, it's you know, it's it's a painful situation. So they try to find a place to go. And I wonder, you know, that's a very similar kind of thought. So in a skin walker, the.
Speaker 1: Human, you're searching for a human and that's why they take on these forms of wolves or whatever animals around similar to the pigs that run.
Speaker 2: Off, So, which is really cool. You got there. I just got goosebumps. Disembodied spirits looking for a habitation for their spirit, right, that is the same narrative as we talked about in one of our first podcasts and cattle mulations. It's like, what would you do to be able to be inside of a body or a tent for your spirit? Once you get there, then you're like Bigfoot. You're talking about grays, you're talking about blues, you're talking about repattillions, you're talking about the ability to put a spirit in a body, in a biological suit, biological suit. It's basically a skin walker. Yeah, And a lot of people speculate there's Bigfoot, a lot of cattle mutilations at skin Mark Range. I believe, yes, and just around Bigfoot in all those things. And it's always connected to UFOs, which is always connected to some kind of like sexual organ kind of experimentation or reproductive organs that are kind of it's almost like people are or something not people. Something is trying to create a livable body for a disembodied spirit or skin walker. I don't know. I'm just throwing out there because we're right there. You know, this is one of the things we talked about, and it is something that you know, even if you're a big Foot enthusiast or if you're somebody who talks about these other things UFOs, cattle mutilations. You know, when you get into the paranormals side, or you get to the transdimensional side, and then you kind of marry in a little bit of this, you know, the mythology of like disembodied spirits or watchers or Nephelim or rafam or whatever you want to do, the Anunaki. It's like, all of a sudden, all of these creatures are looking for the same thing, which is they're looking for a physical home for their spirits. Weird. This is weird. Hey guys, this is Mike, and I'm cutting in here because the conversation on this topic kept going and going to the tune of two and a half hours, and rather than losing some of that content, we've decided to cut this episode in half. We're going to pick up next time right here and continue this conversation onto its climactic finish, and it's only going to get weirder, stranger, and funner from here on. Out. I guess funner is a word. Anyway, until next time, keep it strange, taters.