Speaker 1: It's been a busy morning at the Emerald Lake Hotel and Spa, but things have finally quieted down. Madam Manager and Haley can take a little break. But this break will only be RESTful for one of them. A misheard conversation turns into a chance to exercise faith. Let's head into the hotel for today's mini adventure called the Dishonest Manager.
Speaker 2: Last guest is checked out for the morning. Take a little break, Hayley.
Speaker 3: Oh thanks, mother Manager. Oh my feet sore. I'll just tidy up my area.
Speaker 2: Listen to the quarters jingle.
Speaker 3: The quarters. Oh yeah, listen.
Speaker 4: See I told you people don't mind giving a little like a quarter.
Speaker 3: You were right, Mother Manager. Pretty soon this little box will be full of quarters.
Speaker 4: That will make for a nice contribution to the Summer camp funds.
Speaker 5: Really nice that we're helping kids go to summer camp who can't afford it.
Speaker 4: Well, ever since the one Christmas dinner to help high risk youth, my eyes have been opened.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it's pretty good to help kids who need it. Personally, I appreciate what people have done for Kyler and me.
Speaker 2: I know, Hailey, you are a wonderful protege.
Speaker 3: Thanks bad Manager. I'll dick my break now, I'll wait here for you. Oh, Chaplin, Jake's here.
Speaker 2: Go on and say hello.
Speaker 3: Okay, Chaplin Jake, what are you doing here?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 6: Natasha's buying a gift card at the spa for her mom. I'm just waiting.
Speaker 5: Oh well, I'm on a break. Can I ask you about my Bible homework?
Speaker 6: A sure thing, Hailey Chaplin is never off duty.
Speaker 5: I didn't really understand the peerable we were reading in Luke chapter sixteen.
Speaker 2: I think it was, yeah, the parable.
Speaker 6: It's the dishonest manager. It's pretty hard to understand it.
Speaker 1: First, as Haley asked her question, Madam manager walked toward them. She was going to say hello, but stopped dead in her tracks when she heard this.
Speaker 3: The dishonest manager is very difficult to understand.
Speaker 2: What the dishonest manager? Moah, what does it mean.
Speaker 3: To be faithful in the little things? The manager is dishonest in the little things?
Speaker 2: Ah, dishonest little little the quarters. I'm not being dishonest.
Speaker 6: Little things are really big things. If a person can't be honest and taking care of something small, then can you really trust them with bigger things? Bigger things like what well things that are more valuable in God's eyes. If we're not honest with small things, then can we really be trusted with bigger responsibilities.
Speaker 3: The manager isn't honest with the little things, so.
Speaker 5: I guess not, well, I never And if you're not faithful with money, what does it mean to be unfeiful and true riches?
Speaker 4: It is about money, But I'm collecting quotas to help at risk children.
Speaker 6: Well, to God, our money is a little thing. True riches are things that matter in eternity.
Speaker 5: Like telling people about God and helping them to be saved.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, That's what I want the children at some account to experience.
Speaker 5: And if the manager isn't faithful with someone else's money, they won't receive their own riches, will they.
Speaker 4: I'm not after my own riches. I'm not after my own riches. Oh I a manager? Oh hello JKB P Donovan?
Speaker 2: How are you today? And having a good conversation with my uh my.
Speaker 3: Bro now the manager?
Speaker 2: Are you all right, Haley? I thought that you liked learning the hotel business from me.
Speaker 6: I thought you'd like to be mentoring you.
Speaker 2: I I'm confused. Why are you crying? Natasha?
Speaker 3: Rescue me?
Speaker 4: Because I thought that you'd liked me, Haley, not that you thought I was dishonest.
Speaker 3: Dishonest, But Madame Manager, were you heaves dropping?
Speaker 2: Do you mean listening in on your conversation? Well, in our conversation, oh, Haley.
Speaker 5: Tell her, Madame Manager, Chaplin, Jake and I were just talking about my Bible homework.
Speaker 2: Oh, what's the assignment? How does dishonest?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, math manager.
Speaker 5: It's about Luke Chapter sixteen and the parable of the dishonest manager, the Terrible Yes, a story Jesus told her boy, the manager who waste his boss's money.
Speaker 3: It's confusing.
Speaker 2: Oh, so you were talking about that's story.
Speaker 4: Yes, Oh, Haley, I thought that you were talking about me and my little things, my quarters for the summer campers.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, no, no, that's a good thing.
Speaker 4: You're doing well, I thought so helping children to go to camp and learn about Jesus.
Speaker 6: Now that's true, Riches, putting her effort into things that will last for eternity.
Speaker 3: Mad a Manager, you're the opposite of a dishonest manager.
Speaker 2: I am.
Speaker 3: You're an honest manager and a wonderful Boston mentor.
Speaker 2: I I am aren't I?
Speaker 4: Oh, how could I be so silly, of course I am, Hey, I.
Speaker 6: Think I have some quarters?
Speaker 4: I do oh, run on over and put them in the box on the counter.
Speaker 6: Can I just give them to you?
Speaker 2: Of course not, My protege and I are on a break.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well you're of Jacob the idea and grab Usa, Natasha, how rescue me?
Speaker 1: Well, man and manager really got the wrong idea from Hayley and chaplain Jake's conversation. That can happen when we only hear part of what someone's talking about.
Speaker 2: The good news is.
Speaker 1: Our honest manager really is faithful in small things and is helping make a difference for kids telling them about Jesus.
Speaker 2: Has God asked you to.
Speaker 1: Take care of a small thing for him, like helping to collect the offering at church, or maybe feeding the animals at home, or helping your younger sibling onto the school bus. Those little things are big. Do them faithfully, and God will give you more and more to do for him. He'll keep exercising your faith. I'm miss Jean, and you've been listening to a mini adventure in Discovery Mountain, where the air is clear, clear enough to hear your imagine nation, and where every day is an exercise in faith. Join us online to listen to other episodes on demand at discoverymountain dot com. Discovery Mountain is a production of the Voice of Prophecy