Speaker 1: Let's go, let's go, let's go, let's go, let's go.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 1: This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen, hee.
Speaker 3: Ride right, thank you, thank you day.
Speaker 4: Yes, and it happens to be Astro's opening day.
Speaker 1: Come on, wakey, wakey, hands off snaky.
Speaker 4: Always a great day in Houston, one of my favorite days of the year. Well, we get a one chance of rain, it's gonna be raining the whole time that I believe that we are gonna be spending together between six and ten rain outside one second of mean for the street fest and all of that stuff we'll talk about at Astros. I think three ten today, first pitch Hi today, I'm around seventy one now today on the show, Josh the Goat twelve time Hall of Famer going for win number two, fresh out of bed head to head challenge. She kind of just dropped in our lap yesterday. Modest Smiles. Flaming Lips announced this week on the show, We've got tickets for you in homeroom before they go on sale tomorrow at ten am.
Speaker 1: They're playing the seven to one to three.
Speaker 4: Music Home a Wall Nation tickets at seven twenty Read my lips We're gonna play the game. Jilly takes on listeners Steven at A twenty this morning for those Shine Down tickets, BlackBerry Smoked Smoke tickets early in the nine o'clock hour, Live Collective Soul tickets on Know the Show. It's gonna be tough to get everything in, but we will get everything in. Go over to Alex now, Good morning Alex. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 1: Well, good morning Rod, Good morning home room.
Speaker 5: President Donald Trump announced a twenty five percent tariff on all imported cars and key auto parts yesterday, a move aimed at boosting American manufacturing, but it is likely to spark economic and political fallout. The tariffs, which go into effect at twelve oh one am on April third, applied to vehicles from major trading partners, including Canada, Mexico, Japan, and the European Union.
Speaker 1: Canada and Mexico have strongly.
Speaker 5: Opposed the tariffs, with Canadian officials calling them quote a direct attack on their economy. During a court appearance last month, a court officer discovered a heart shaped note hidden in a pair of socks intended for Luigi Mangioni, who was accused of murdering United Healthcare CEO Brian Thompson. The note expressed support, stating Luigi, we are rooting for you. Keep your head high and know that there are thousands of people wishing you luck. It was signed our slash free Luigi, referencing a Reddit community supporting Mangioni. Another note, addressed to someone named Joan, was also found. Mangioni's defense attorney stated that they were unaware of the notes, calling their inclusion inadvertent.
Speaker 1: Prosecutors highlighted this incident while.
Speaker 5: Opposing a defense request to allow Mangioni to access a laptop in jail, citing concerns over potential misuse. Mangioni has pleaded not guilty to charges including murder as an act of terrorism. In some lighter news, self chilling beer cans have finally arrived. A startup in the UK called Delta h Innovations has been working on something called a cool can. It looks like an ordinary can until you check the bottom, where there's a power button that activates the beer cooling technology. It also works on soda or any other liquid. There's an inner wall like insulated mugs, and pushing the power button is going to blend water. With a mix of salts that cause a cooling reaction, the outside can get freezing cold in a few seconds. The only disappointing part is that it still takes a while to chill the beer. Depending on how hot it is, it can take up to ten minutes to get cold, but it will eventually get.
Speaker 1: Down to forty three degrees.
Speaker 5: They say that the best part is that the cooling reaction continues every time you take a sip, and it stays cold for forty five minutes.
Speaker 1: Did you say you had one of these as like a beer spinner. My dad had one.
Speaker 5: It was called a chill Whizzard, and you would put ice in it, and it had a little suction cup, so you would slide the beer and then you'd put the top on it and you would put the button down and it would just spin it over the ice and so got cold. My dad, I remember when I was a kid, his friend gave it to him and he would get my mom to go out and get hot beer.
Speaker 1: Would it make your beer explode though, because it was spinning it. No, it would just spin it around until it got cold.
Speaker 5: And like him and his friends would watch football and just like get the chill wizzer out.
Speaker 1: It's pretty funny, all right.
Speaker 4: Well, this is kind of like an updated technology. The only thing that makes me think about with the salt mixing of the salt. That's how you make homemade ice cream. Yeah, an ice cream. It does make it cold, but it does make it colder.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The cans can still be recycled too.
Speaker 5: There's no word on how soon you might be able to see the self cooling cans and stores, but they're already in talks with major beer makers, as well as Coca Cola and Red Blu. Marvel announced the cast of the next Avengers movie, Avengers Doomsday. You guys know, I'm stoked about this one. It includes some of the old school X men who can be part of the Marvel cinematic universe now because Disney bought twenty first Century Fox. We're getting Patrick Stewart, Ian McCallen, James Marsden, Rebecca Romaine, Alan Cumming, Knight or whose Nightcrawler. We're also gonna get Kelsey Grammer, and we'll be getting Channing Tatum's Gambit, who made his debut in Deadpool Andoverine, but neither Deadpool or Wolverine were cast in the announcement. Robert Daddy Junior is also returning as the villain Doctor do of Avengers.
Speaker 1: Doomsday comes out in May of next year.
Speaker 5: Six months after Food Fighters front man Dave Girl admitted to infidelity and following a child outside of his marriage, his wife has decided to give their marriage another chance, and insiders revealed that despite being completely devastated by the situation, she's standing by Grol's side. The double's been married since two thousand and three, is attending counseling with Grol makes efforts to regain her trust. They've recently been seen spending more time together as well. Grole publicly announced the birth of his daughter outside the marriage and expressed his commitment to being a supportive parent and restoring his family's trust.
Speaker 1: Those are Houston's headlines. Astros Opening Day, Bro Happy Opening Day, everyone, Same to you.
Speaker 5: The Astros do open up the regular season this afternoon. They're going to host the Mets at dik In Park. Framber Valdez willi on the mound for the Stros going up against the Mets. Clay Holmes first pitch is at three ten, and you can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk Save seven ninety and News Radio seven forty ktrh over. In basketball, the NCAA Tournament resumes tonight with the start of the Sweet sixteen. There's four games on tonight's schedule. At six h nine, Alabama plays byu Than at six thirty nine, Florida it takes on Maryland at eight thirty nine, Ducal face Arizona, and Texas Tech closes the night out at nine oh nine taking on Arkansas. You can watch all the games on CBSTBS and True TV. And then in the NBA Rockets are back in action tonight. They're gonna play the Jazz on the road. Tip off that game is at eight and you can hear it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports. Here we go, Here we go.
Speaker 4: You want the first phone call, Come get it, come out, Come get it seven one, three, two two five. The most interactive show all the radio starts right now, okay, ninety four five The Buzz, Good.
Speaker 1: Morning, Rod Ryan's Show. Happy Opening Day, everybody.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we got some crappy weather on tap today, but it's opening day, you know, uh so you know Hope Springs Eternal and you just kind of think, Okay, you know what this new look Astros. I know there's a lot of new faces out there. It's exciting, it really is. It's super exciting. Three ten is that first pitch today. We'll be talking about that a little bit this morning. If I wonder if you're heading out there today, let us know you're gonna be heading out there.
Speaker 1: The rain is going to be a big store.
Speaker 2: Mary.
Speaker 1: Also, I think you're gonna be talking about this. Whoever, there's three main groups out there that.
Speaker 4: Tell us here's what we think is going to happen with your weather. There's there's ECU weather, there's Noah, and then there is something out of Denburgh or whatever. They talk about how many predicted name storms and all.
Speaker 1: Of that stuff.
Speaker 4: So we're gonna talk about that today. But the weather right now, eighty percent chance of rain. It goes up to one hundred percent chance eight nine, ten o'clock, eleven o'clock eighty five percent chances of rain. Now when it gets down to about three o'clock, we're into.
Speaker 1: That thirty percentile.
Speaker 4: And I know you want to know, like, hey, the street fest, you need a ticket for all that stuff.
Speaker 1: You need a ticket for.
Speaker 4: The game to get involved in all of that street festival business, So keep that in mind if you're heading down there. But yeah, it drops to about a thirty percent chance later on, so it's not going to be a complete wash for sure. This show today, busy busy, busy busy. It's throwback Thursday, It's Thicks to Graham Thursday. It happens to be the day we play Read My Lips and again here we are in March, at the end of March, and we're still inviting listeners to come down and play Read My Lips. Stephen is going to be coming down, listener. Stephen is going to be taking on the Chile. That game will go down at around eight twenty this morning. Pretty big ticket too here Man, Shine Down Bush and the Morgan Wade Show August twenty seventh. That's what's on the chopping block for Steven to come down and try to win this morning, so we look forward to his arrival. Before that, we got to get through all the fun things that we do in homeroom. Josh the Goat going for win number two fresh out of d Head to Head Challenge. He's a twelve time Hall of Famer. He's the goat for crying out loud. So he's going for win number two. You're just gonna let this guy just plow through four more people. I mean, I don't think that should be the case. Make this guy work, Make him work. I got Mons Mouse tickets for you before they go on sale tomorrow on the Fun Fact Flashback Live Collective Soul tickets on Know the Show. So many things today on the program. I need you to send me your word suggestions for read my Lips. You need to email me Rod at the Buzz dot com. Let's get some new people in here. Let's get some fresh blood in here. Oh that's something that other people do.
Speaker 2: Rod.
Speaker 4: I don't send you words for read my Lips. No, no, you you do. Starting today, you send me words, send me your word suggestions, things that I could use for the game today at a twenty Email me Rod at the Buzz dot Com.
Speaker 6: It's not nine For the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 4: Got listener Alex on the phone. How are you gonna get a started today?
Speaker 1: Good morning, Alex, Good morning. How are y'all doing great? Great?
Speaker 7: Happy opening day, Happy opening Davy all as well.
Speaker 4: Thank you, thank you. How would you like to get a started this morning. What's going on in your world?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 7: I'm just I'm on my way home from the gym. Wanted to call in and say, hey, just start my morning off.
Speaker 8: I been on kind of a several.
Speaker 7: Month journey now and really attribute it to y'all. Really back in Oh it was November now, I think I heard you say something kind of inspired me and got my button gear and I'm down fifty town, bro, what man?
Speaker 1: Tell me what I said. I'll say it again. What did I mean?
Speaker 4: Okay, congratulations, Alex, You're down fifty pounds. Do you remember was it specifically something we were talking about?
Speaker 1: To be honest, I don't remember.
Speaker 8: If it was something on the show, if it was a commercial.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 8: I don't.
Speaker 7: But the it was something kind of going into the.
Speaker 9: New year, something to do with resolutions, and it was something along the vein of, hey, don't do a resolution, you're better off kind of starting now and you're going to stick to it. And that really kind.
Speaker 1: Of got to me. That's so awesome, d that's good advice. So I did that.
Speaker 4: What everyone's going to want to know myself included down fifty pounds. You're not using any of the medical weight loss things or anything like that. You're just you changed your diet, you're working out. How did you What is there? How do you attribute what is your success?
Speaker 8: A little bit of that stuff, a little bit of dieting, a little bit of working out, motivation from family.
Speaker 7: It's really just a mixture.
Speaker 4: Of it all, No kidding, dude. Fifty pounds now do you have? Are you at your goal weight right now? No?
Speaker 2: Not yet.
Speaker 1: I still have had a good bit to go.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, listen, if there was one thing that you did that somebody's listening right now to say, oh, I heard Alex this morning.
Speaker 1: It's like, I don't know if I can do that? You know that's good for him.
Speaker 4: Is there one thing other than just agreeing to do something different in your life that's obviously the biggest thing?
Speaker 1: Was there one thing?
Speaker 4: Was there?
Speaker 1: One food?
Speaker 3: Was there?
Speaker 1: One item? Was it SODA's? Was there something that you gave up?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 4: What was the one thing that you think is the most that's led to your success the most?
Speaker 7: The one thing is it's one meal at a time? Was the mental switch?
Speaker 8: Really that took me a lot of people think it's hey, it's all or nothing, and it's not that one meal. If you mess up one, the next one's better and it's okay.
Speaker 4: Good for you, dude, Bro, I can't think of a better first phone call today. Dude, continue your journey, man, please keep us posted, stay strong, keep doing what you're doing. Man, obviously you know you're doing it right. Way to go.
Speaker 1: Well, thank y'all. I sure appreciate y'all.
Speaker 7: Been a long time listener, first time caller, and I thank y'all for everything y'all do.
Speaker 2: Love y'all.
Speaker 4: I love you, and I meet it when I say it, Alex, keep it up, man, that is amazing. We take a break, wow on the flip got AA rec check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the.
Speaker 10: Game Who Houston's Alternative All Day and the Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five.
Speaker 4: Because all right, Welcome back everybody, and happy Astros Opening Day. Come on, let's throw back Thursday. You got songs to vote on on links and guests. You've got work cut out for you as well. You have to send me word suggestions or read my lips. The chile taken on Stephen. I don't want to say his name wrong. I'm gonna get it out of the way, Chili, it says Stephen Harbert. Is it like one of those a bear things or you know.
Speaker 1: Is it cajun a bear?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's spelled Harbert, yeah, with an H.
Speaker 11: So I'm just gonna call him.
Speaker 1: Harbert, Stephen Harbert.
Speaker 12: Steve Yeah, yeah, that's just call him steveen.
Speaker 4: H Okay, Stephen h is gonna be down to play Chile at around a twenty this morning. Hopefully he shows up before that, but that's our that's our matchup today. For reading my lips, So send me some words. If Chili will say dumb dirty things on his own, you don't have to send dirty words in Okay, he'll just he'll get there on Okay, we got rain, one hundred percent chance of rain today. Hie up around seventy one. All right, what's you seeing over there?
Speaker 1: That's trending? Obviously?
Speaker 5: Opening Day is what most people are talking about online.
Speaker 1: MLB Opening Day gets underway today.
Speaker 5: The Asters are gonna take on the Mets at three ten to kick off the regular season. Also trending this morning is Avengers Doomsday. We just talked about this. They announced the cast and it's a star studded lineup of the.
Speaker 1: New Avengers Doomsday movie.
Speaker 5: We got Robert Danny Junior, the X Men are finally back in it.
Speaker 1: And people are pretty stoked about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm a little upset that the Christian Bales Batman did not get cast the sequel.
Speaker 1: Why do you want to be that guy? And Spider Man two?
Speaker 5: You know, if Spider Man can get cast, I want Toby Maguire to make a return, but maybe the next one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but the Mandalorian I think, oh that would be then could stop.
Speaker 5: If they got the Mandalorian Avengers in the day, that would really that would be that would.
Speaker 4: Take ten people just turn the radio offs.
Speaker 1: Lebron James is also trending. He went on the Pat McAfee Show yesterday, which is on ESPN partially, and he went at Stephen A. Smith and Brian Windhors to work for ESPN.
Speaker 5: Like Brian Windhors has covered Lebron since he was a high school kid, went to the same high school as him, and he was like a lot of people think he's like my best friend, Like I don't know what that weirdo is doing just following me around. Like he kind of called him a weirdo, which was weird. And then he went out steven A. Smith, who had kind of criticized his son being like it was a nepotism baby thing getting drafted, and kind.
Speaker 1: Of went at Steven A. Smith.
Speaker 5: He's like, I know's he's sitting in his white tidy, he's eating his ice cream, probably watching this and just getting off on this. But it was my first time le Bron's really like clapped back at anybody like that.
Speaker 1: So that was that was what people are talking about right now. That's was training at night before the Buzz.
Speaker 2: Good Morning, Everybody, hit the Josh the Goat.
Speaker 13: I'm your fresh out of bed, hit the head one day Champion.
Speaker 2: Quick read the Main twelve time.
Speaker 13: From the Hall of Fame, and I wanted why but nothing matters right now but that game Friday morning when I make it win Number two speeches.
Speaker 4: Seven, one, three, two, two five.
Speaker 1: To be the best, you have to beat the best. The Rod Ryan Show on.
Speaker 4: The Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, BLINKWD eighty two's all the Small Things. One hundred percent chance of rain today Hi today of around seventy one.
Speaker 1: Astro's first pitch at three ten.
Speaker 4: By that time we're looking at around thirty percent chance of rain. So as you're walking into the game, or if you're going down there early for the street fest, not quite as bad. But yeah, this morning, the time that we spend together, it's going to be raining out there.
Speaker 5: And now it's time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge.
Speaker 1: The listeners to your corners.
Speaker 14: Goat, Goat, Goat, Goat, greatest of all ties, beelt, goatch o, Whiti, spell it out, Goat, killer whales, goatsivik fails, Goat, salad shoes, go it is the glue, go fasted blakes, go red pencase so cludity, go said.
Speaker 1: Nudity, Goat, greatest.
Speaker 14: Of all time, Goat, goatch o Whiti, spell it out, Goat, don't do drugs.
Speaker 4: I have threatened an edit of that song for how many years now? I never am, and I'd just never gotten myself to be able to do it.
Speaker 1: Good Morning, Goat, Good morning, good morning.
Speaker 2: Why would you want to edit that?
Speaker 4: I don't know you know it because of your edit perfection, timing things.
Speaker 1: Goat.
Speaker 4: You're going for win number two today, Yes, sir, you are taking on Brooklyn. Good morning, goodod morning, Hey, Brooklyn, how are you?
Speaker 15: I'm wonderful.
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 15: Guys?
Speaker 2: So great?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 1: Chilli tells me, this is the first time you're playing the game. Yes, sir, this is.
Speaker 9: The first time I'm playing.
Speaker 13: I've called in several times and my sons in the car were driving the school.
Speaker 1: He said, Mom, call, oh, I'm I'm.
Speaker 6: Not going against the goat.
Speaker 1: I'm not going against the goat.
Speaker 15: He's our hero.
Speaker 1: I can't do it and I got through. Haha. What's your son's name? My son's name is kath My daughter's in the back name Charlie.
Speaker 9: And we listen every morning on our.
Speaker 4: Way to school.
Speaker 1: How could you fail? I mean, listen, you got that, you got that, you got.
Speaker 4: That great energy behind you. It's your first time playing the game. Let's see what Alex put in here for you. You know what that is?
Speaker 1: Fish?
Speaker 11: Its freedom?
Speaker 4: No, it's fish, it is it's fresh fish. Though it's fresh fish.
Speaker 1: Brooklyn. Listen, Brooklyn, you want to become a legend.
Speaker 4: You want to absolutely become a stone cold legend.
Speaker 1: All you have to.
Speaker 4: Do shout out your name when you think you know the answer.
Speaker 1: Do that.
Speaker 4: No, you will be an absolute legend. Okay, A fresh fish taking down the goat. It ain't gonna be easy, though, it ain't gonna be easy. He's great, all right, Brooklyn, goat you ready?
Speaker 1: Yes, good luck Brooklyn.
Speaker 15: Thank you.
Speaker 11: If I lose, you're gonna let down twenty of my students.
Speaker 1: See if oh oh, a lot of pressure. Goat all right. Shout out your name when you think, Shout out.
Speaker 4: Your name when you think you know the answer. You need two correct answers to win a rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: T shirt today. Here we go.
Speaker 4: Question number one, how many days in a week?
Speaker 1: Brooklyn? Josh Josh?
Speaker 4: Seven's a correct answer? Very close, Brooklyn. You were in there. I was you were in there do the same thing, just to just find another gear.
Speaker 1: So I'd like to tell people and just get in there just a little quicker. Here we go.
Speaker 4: That was really good. You sure you've never played before.
Speaker 1: It's first time you've before. That was awesome. Here we go.
Speaker 4: Next question, which organ in the body pumps blood?
Speaker 16: Brooklyn?
Speaker 1: That was yeah, Josh, he got you.
Speaker 2: That would be your heart show me heart.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, no, great day.
Speaker 1: If I'm gonna move to anybody.
Speaker 2: And add to be you, I wish you got a good story to tell.
Speaker 9: I'm going I can't wait until today.
Speaker 4: That's awesome, Brooklyn. Thank you for playing. I hope you get back on to play again.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, I won't wait a full thirty days.
Speaker 1: And there you go. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: I think that was a little nod to Kenny the Cashman.
Speaker 1: All right, listen, Brooklyn, you and the kids have a great day. Thank you.
Speaker 4: Josh the Goats. I I'm sure you don't have any of these. I have a rod Ryan Show T shirt for you, and I've.
Speaker 13: Got a couple hanging okay, a couple hanging on the closet.
Speaker 4: Also that comes with an invitation to play tomorrow. You want to close out the week with us, you can come on, all right, Josh the Goat, great game today, Hang on the.
Speaker 6: Rod Ryan Show Mornings on nine.
Speaker 1: But ninety four or five the Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 4: That's Papa Roach, even if it kills me, oh could.
Speaker 1: You well, I don't know.
Speaker 4: You guys don't even look at my emails, let alone Radio Wizard's emails. You see, there's a new Lincoln Park song coming in. There's a new Lincoln Park song coming tonight. I'll get you into specifics. That means we're going to have it tomorrow morning. But yeah, there's some happenings here on the radio station where they're going to debut their brand new song. I guess this is something that they went in and recorded. It's not just another track off the album. And I just saw them on the Graham and they were on a street corner somewhere taking a picture. So they were doing, you know, getting some socials and some things ready for it. But yeah, brand new song is coming. I don't know much more about it, but i'll tell you win coming up. But man, we'll be playing that tomorrow morning. I'm stoked about.
Speaker 1: That fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 2: Good morning everybody. This is Josh the Goat. You're fresh out.
Speaker 13: Of bid head to head two day champion. Don't worry about that resume. The only thing that matters is the next game, and that's coming up Friday morning. Tune in at six point twenty as I make it win number three bitches.
Speaker 17: Yeah right over there, let's see here we go six pm Central Time, World premiere the new Lincoln Park single up from the bottom.
Speaker 4: So we're gonna be part of not only bringing you the world premiere of that song. But then we're gonna kick off a contest to send a winner and a guest to see the band in San Francisco in September, so we'll have all that information. We'll be talking about it tomorrow morning. But yeah, that's pretty awesome tying in a new song with a new contest and go scope out the band live. They haven't had a Houston date yet. Get this new singer.
Speaker 1: Let's go. It's got a funk that to the day. We make you look smart. If your buddies, it's the funk that to the.
Speaker 4: Day, Todd, I've brought us some new fun facts for you today.
Speaker 1: Happy opening Day.
Speaker 2: How that got your Ridney?
Speaker 1: Are you going to the game? I can't go. Yeah, I'm not going to the game this year.
Speaker 4: It's all right, three to ten alex is the first pitch, so yeah, yeah, there you go have it on radio. A single Major League Baseball only lasts on average six or seven pitches.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 4: That's the history of the each ball. Ladybugs are the most promiscuous insects out there, how I do not know. Yeah, and they and they also have the highest.
Speaker 1: STD rates to back it up. That is.
Speaker 2: Examination.
Speaker 4: My gosh, ladybugs, gross is right, Alex. Final fun fact for you today. Do you think I'm making a joke? That's that's that's part of the fact there.
Speaker 1: It's kind of funny.
Speaker 18: You don't want to be going up anymore.
Speaker 1: I'm not using little ladybug rubbers.
Speaker 4: They need to finally sorry that when I added, uh, the official medical term for your butt crack.
Speaker 1: Waiting for every in his head just picked.
Speaker 4: Up inter gluteal cleft is what you should be calling that. That's neat, and it is what I will be calling it moving forward. It's the fuck that's to the day we make you look smart, your buddies, it's the fuck that to the day. All right, what do I have here? I got modest Miles Flaming Lifts tickets for you. August twentieth seven one three music Hall tickets won't be on sale until tomorrow at ten am, but you know we go early on that.
Speaker 1: Stuff your back.
Speaker 4: It is illegal to own more than six of these in the Great State of Texas.
Speaker 2: Seven.
Speaker 4: It's just one of those things that's still on the books. Seven one three, two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 19: It's now time for rock out with your staff out with Cap Day Cash.
Speaker 4: There's the money guy. He's like, okay, just switch gears, come to me, just keep it money, Hi, hi ya. How we do over there on Wall Street?
Speaker 18: Let's give him a little back yesterday that that was down one hundred and thirty two points. Kick off this morning at forty two thousand and four fifty four NASDAK down three hundred and seventy two to seventeen thousand, eight hundred and ninety nine benchmark ten. Your treasury training at a four point three nine percent in oil census sixty nine dollars forty three cents a barrel.
Speaker 1: To the bust.
Speaker 18: Actors are the big studs, Procter and Gamble, Mickey D's and Coca Cola. The big duds Navidia, Salesforce and Amazon. On the economic calendar. This morning, we'll get numbers on pending home sales for February right now. Futures they're on the upside. Come on, let's hang on to this be a pause opening right here on Wall Street.
Speaker 1: That's it. I'm not here.
Speaker 18: This is high Land menis director with Raymon James Porter for the rock Ryans. So from Raymond James on say fleet them and Gusten dof Get Toys, rock Outage, stockout.
Speaker 6: Opinions expressed with those aland and not necessarily those Raymond James and associate. Thank come. I'm for NYC as, IBC, IART Radio or A sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmission.
Speaker 10: We'll continue.
Speaker 6: This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to RAN This programs are educational and informational serposes On the Stones Duds are based on movement, as reported by Young Ninas.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five.
Speaker 4: The Buzz Welcome back Rod Ryan Show is your fuck.
Speaker 1: Good morning. Who's on the phone here? This is Amanda?
Speaker 4: Well, hello, Amanda?
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 18: I'm good?
Speaker 1: How are you? Awesome? Awesome fun fact flashback time.
Speaker 4: Uh, it is illegal to own more than six of these in the Great State of Texas.
Speaker 1: What are these? Those of the six toys showy plugs? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I mean, you know, not just about plugs, but you know those types of things. Yeah, illegal still to o more than six. So what your little fun drawer looks like? But you better go check it out. Okay, Amanda, I'm just saying, oh, of course, let's keep it legal over there, keep it legal, modest Mouse Flaming Lips, August twentieth, seventy one to three Music Hall. You just won your way into that show before they even go on sale tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you so much, man, Thank you, Amanda. You're awesome.
Speaker 12: Hey, Alexa, Play ninety four point five The Buzz on iHeartRadio, ninety.
Speaker 20: Four point five The Bus Station from iHeart Radio.
Speaker 1: The Rod Rodan Show on ninety four to five.
Speaker 2: Play out the Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five The Buzz, Good.
Speaker 4: Morning, Rod Ryan's Show on a throwback Thursday.
Speaker 1: Get your votes in. We'll do song clips after seven o'clock.
Speaker 4: You got Fuel going on against Saliva taking on Cracker. I gotta guess what songs are gonna listen to see what those are.
Speaker 1: Go take a listen to those songs.
Speaker 4: Vote for your favorite winning song played today at ninete got one hundred percent chance of rain while we're spending our time this morning together. Pies up around seventy one on an Astro's opening day.
Speaker 1: Alex will have more on that.
Speaker 4: He's got more on everything, Alex Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: Please well, Good morning everyone, Good morning, home room.
Speaker 5: President Donald Trump announced a twenty five percent tariff on all imported cars and key auto parts yesterday, and move aimed at boosting the American manufacturing but it is likely to squirk economic and political fall out of the tariffs, which go into effect at twelve oh one am on April third, are going to apply to vehicles from major trading partners, including Canada, Mexico, Japan, and the European Union. Canada and Mexico have strongly opposed to tariffs, with Canadian officials.
Speaker 1: Calling them a direct attack on their economy.
Speaker 5: Meteorologists are anticipating fewer hurricanes this year than last year, but have warned that strong storms could still impact populated areas of the US coastline. You Pack You Weather is one of the first mediological agencies to issue a hurricane forecast for this year. Last year, the number of hurricanes that formed during the Atlantic hurricane season was above average. There were eighteen named storms that formed during the season, with eleven hurricanes in five major categories. A major hurricane occurs when it is classified as a Category three or higher. The forecast anticipates three to six direct storm hits in the US this year, with Texas, Louisiana, Western Florida, and North Carolina being the main ones.
Speaker 1: At risk for direct impacts.
Speaker 5: The Atlantic hurricane season runs from June first through November thirtieth. Old school metal braces are making a comeback and may even be considered cool now. And Orthodonos in Tucson, Arizona says that kids are begging for metal braces instead of things like in visline, and that more patients are excited to get them. He said that he's talked to other words thedonas around the country and that apparently it's becoming a nationwide trend. A handful of influencers and celebrities have made them trendy. Some may have even got in them just for show. Fake braces have also become a thing on Etsy as well, but experts are saying not to do that because they can cause infections, tooth damage, or be a choking hazard. The Washington Posts recently talked to a dental assistant in Brooklyn who is twenty four and recently got braces, and he said, no shade to invisiline, that it's kind of boring to me.
Speaker 1: Interesting metal braces back. It's cheaper, not a ton cheaper, but still cheaper.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, great, I see these kids running around with these mullets and these hair news that you guys all made fun of back.
Speaker 1: In the day, and now it started with cool.
Speaker 4: It started with someone wearing them are ironically, and it's the standalone mustache, the fanning pack, the crocs, the I don't know, it's just once you own it, it's like, okay, this is cool again. Yeah, it's a trend school again. Metal brace is good. I know my kid's gonna have braces.
Speaker 1: I didn't. Did you have full on braces?
Speaker 5: I had braces twice, and then I still had to get in visilne as I lost my retainer.
Speaker 1: And my teeth started to shift again.
Speaker 5: Okay, my wedding I got in Visiligne, which was expensive but worth it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I sleep without retainer every night.
Speaker 4: I've already kind of been told I got a dennis appointment, a dental appointment, like within the next two weeks. And I've already been told there's gonna be a lot of money in your future.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'm sure really.
Speaker 5: In an appearance on Billy Corgan's podcast, Corey Feldman The Fell Dog claims that he had Leonardo DiCaprio's role in the movie What's Eating Gilbert Grape, but the Johnny Depp got him fired. He also said that he was in contention for Leo's part in Titanic as well. He says that he was cast as Arnie and Gilbert Grape, but then when Johnny Depp joined the cast, he told producers that Feldman was quote a junkie and that he didn't work with junkies. Feldman said that he had just gotten sober at the time, and he said he wasn't as close to getting the Titanic gig, so he wasn't as upset about that. Corey also claimed that he got pretty close to winning the role of Samwise Gamgee in the Lord of the Rings movies, a part that went to his Goonies co star Sewn asked, have.
Speaker 1: You watched this yet?
Speaker 4: I mean, I know that you are all thing Corey Felder, trying to get him on past the baby no big deal.
Speaker 1: Will you watch the Billy Corgan interview? Maybe I watch clips.
Speaker 4: It's not a muscy for you watch clips.
Speaker 1: I'm a big feld Dog fan, though, so I'm might We'll.
Speaker 5: See Sublime has confirmed they are working on a new album. It'll be the first time they put out an album in almost thirty years, and it's going to feature Jacob Noell, the son of late frontman Bradley Noll. The band is going to be collaborating with producers Travis Barker of blinkin Ay two and John Feldman of Goldfinger, and plans to release the first single from the album this summer. Jacob Noll, famously from the Rod Ryan hur twentieth anniversary Party, joined the original band members Eric Wilson but Gaw in late twenty twenty three and said that he felt a deep connection to his father's legacy after immersing himself in Sublime's catalog.
Speaker 4: He's just like his dad. So it's perfect. Have they taken their time?
Speaker 1: I think so? But have they taken too much time?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: If you're gonna do something like this, you want to be perfect, don't you.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 5: So they're trying to merge, like, hey, let's keep sublime the wake Sublime sounded.
Speaker 1: But also add a little bit of a sound without ruining it. Just so. I think maybe that's what they're trying to work on.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm just I'm waiting for this whole domination of Sublime all summer.
Speaker 1: Why everywhere you know, I would love to see this and I cannot wait for this.
Speaker 5: The upcoming album aims to blend classic Sublime vibe with a fresh sound. The band's gonna release the album under their newly established label, Sublime Recordings. Those are Houston's headlines. Happy Opening Day everyone. The Astros do open up the regular season this afternoon. They're gonna host the Mets over at dyke In Park. Framber Valdez a bit the mount for this DRO's going up against the Mets. Clay Holmes first pitches at three to ten. You can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety as well as News Radio seven kh. In basketball, the NCAA Tournament resumes tonight with the start of the Sweet sixteen. There's four games on tonight's schedule. Alabama is going to play BYU Florida will take on Maryland, Duke faces Arizona, and Texas Tech closes up the night against Arkansas. It all starts at six h nine and you can watch all the games on CBS, TVs and True TV. In the NBA, Rocket to be back in action tonight to play the Jazz on the road. Tip off for that to at eight, and you can hear it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety That is what's going on in Sports.
Speaker 1: Easton's rock and alternatives the.
Speaker 6: Rod this morning show from six to ten AM ninety four or five buzz.
Speaker 5: So they're trying to merge, like, hey, let's keep Sublime the wake Sublime sounded, but also add a little bit of a sound without ruining it.
Speaker 1: Just so I think maybe that's what they're trying to work on.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm just I'm waiting for this whole domination of Sublime all summer night everywhere.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I would love to see this. I cannot wait for this.
Speaker 5: The upcoming album aims to blend classic Sublime vibe with a fresh sound. The band's gonna release the album under their newly established label, Sublime Recordings.
Speaker 1: Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 5: Well, happy opening day everyone. The Astros do open up the regular season this afternoon. They're gonna host the Mets over at dyke In Park. Framber Valdez Abe the mount for this. Droe is going up against the Mets. Clay Holmes first pitches at three to ten. You can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety as well as News Radio seven kh In basketball, the NCAA Tournament resumes tonight with the start of the Sweet sixteen. There's four games on tonight's schedule. Alabama is going to play BYU Florida will take on Maryland, Duke faces Arizona, and Texas Tech closes up the night against Arkansas. It all starts at six h nine and you can watch all the games on CBS, TVs and True TV. In the NBA, Rocket to be back in action tonight to play the Jazz on the Road. Tip off for that's at eight, and you can hear it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 10: Easton's Rock and Alternatives.
Speaker 6: The Morning Show from six to ten AM ninety four or five Buzz.
Speaker 4: Right ninety four five the Buzz. It's green day when I come around, Good morning, seven oh six. Yeah, we're gonna do song clips.
Speaker 1: Let's do that.
Speaker 4: I feel like it got away from us last week, so I want to get on top of it. I want to get you guys voting. I want you moving around on links and guests. This morning, I want you hitting up these songs that we have available to you to vote. Winning song played today at nine thirty. Can't do much about that rain. It's gonna be raining on us all morning long. One chance of rain high today of around seventy one. Of course, Astro's opening day first pitch at three ten, the rain tapers off a little bit, gets down to you know, when it gets to be two three o'clock, I know you're gonna be trying to get into the game.
Speaker 1: You don't want to get doused.
Speaker 4: It gets it gets the thirty forty percent chance of showers, clouding day, cloudy day today. Like I said, Hi, today of around seventy one, what do we got for you?
Speaker 1: See, don't be so blind.
Speaker 15: It's telling me.
Speaker 4: All these things that you woul Probably that's the vocals of Josie Scott. He was the lead singer of the band Saliva. They were turning out.
Speaker 1: Some hits for a while there.
Speaker 4: They had a hell of a run. You might have forgot about this one. This one's called Always It Rocks. Though I totally forgot about this song.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I remember having like it was like a one of those mixed CDs that you get with.
Speaker 1: I think it was I got back to school album.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Then I got in a Target one time and this was on It's a good one. This is maybe who I'm crazier. Did we just have Fuel in throwback thurs Day recently? We may have not this one though, It's like I shared the story. I think I had an old girlfriend that maybe had sex with the lead singer. Yes, so we definitely had that. Wasn't that long ago that I told that story. I still believe it to be true.
Speaker 4: This is the band Fuel, No Hard Feelings, Brett Scallions lead singer, good looking guy. This is called Bitter Sweet. Yeah, Saliva and Fuel. They did a ton of shows together. They were they were peeking right at around the same time they were doing real well. Oddly enough, I told you the Fuel story. I lost a co host to the band.
Speaker 1: Saliva, So say, everybody's dropping band, Yeah, shouldn't come into work. I'm like, she said she was sick, and people called me all.
Speaker 4: Morning saying, yeah, Sorr, last night wasted at the House of Blues at the Saliva show.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that's two bands that I lost chicks to. Both of those absolutely one stories.
Speaker 4: Gotta go burn Man Mark Mark nineteen ninety two. I know you guys all remember the band Cracker because you know the song low not a one hit wonder. I suggest you go check out the song sweet thistle Pie. But this is Cracker and teen angst.
Speaker 3: I don't know what made, but I'm sure sell that it starts with me and that's whist.
Speaker 1: Laughed, Dad, that's a good one. I don't know.
Speaker 21: What's well made, well, but a good stiff drink it surely don't so I think I'll go.
Speaker 4: And fix my This is an anthem, Tom, This is an anthem.
Speaker 21: The world now is a new cant atension because the old one tull me dead.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this song holds up today, This song holds up. I'm sorry, Crackers in last place. Uh he's going Cracker is they're going against heavyweights.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: Cracker fifteen percent of the vote, Saliva thirty nine percent of the vote, Fuel forty four percent of the vote.
Speaker 1: Don't sleep on this one. It's a good one. Think I'll drive fun place to Surly.
Speaker 4: All Right, winning song played at nine point thirty today. Go cast your votes on the world famous rock.
Speaker 6: And alternative Fair use to a rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am The Buzz.
Speaker 4: Ninety four to five of Buzz Welcome back rod Ryan's show on this throwback Thursday.
Speaker 1: A couple of emails coming in.
Speaker 4: Jose Josie Scott played Warehouse Live Midtown last night with a Dima and Headpe.
Speaker 1: It's a throwback Wednesday show. Oh wow, Oh Michelle was there too. True story.
Speaker 4: Josie Scott was here last night at Warehouse Live, and yes I was there. He sang all the Saliva hits and he still got it. A Dima and Headpe opened up for him.
Speaker 1: I didn't even know about that show.
Speaker 4: Awesome, awesome, all right, Well we've got Josie Scott fronting Saliva on Throwback Thursday.
Speaker 1: Today.
Speaker 4: You can cast your vote on the world famous rod Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: Let's see what those song clips did.
Speaker 4: Saliva number one, Fuel number two, Cracker teenanks a great song and at third, but you got trending over there.
Speaker 1: Opening day continues to trend.
Speaker 5: Everybody's talking about baseball season getting under This afternoon, the Ashros do play the Mets at three ten to start their regular season. Sixty gram Thursday, also training, we have Houston's own Yolibeth cruzu Us from Donald in North Houston, so we'll check her out the world famous rod Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: I'm going right now. And then Dak Prescott is trending.
Speaker 5: There are some rumors about the Cowboys potentially trading Dak Prescott.
Speaker 1: To the Browns in order to move up and draft Shadure Sanders. He has a no trade clause.
Speaker 5: He does that, he's probably not gonna go to Cleveland, and he also is own owed a lot of money, so.
Speaker 1: You can trade him as long as he okays as long as he okays it.
Speaker 5: But Deshaun Watson is also owed a lot of money by the Browns, so it wouldn't really make sense for the Browns to take on two quarterbacks with a lot of money.
Speaker 1: And I don't think the Cowboys are ready to trade for Deshaun Watson.
Speaker 5: Either, so it seems like it's not gonna happen, but people are talking about it.
Speaker 1: And that's just training on night for by the Buzz.
Speaker 4: Holy Canoley's Yeah, yeah, this thicstagram Thursday. This is local that walks amongst us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in our town. Where am I not going everywhere. I'm not going anywhere to night. Ye have really not going anywhere? Am I? Damn more of a homebody?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I really got to get out. Yeah I didn't see the world is walking around here in Houston. Jeez.
Speaker 4: All right, so go check all this stuff out. Cast your boats for Throwback Thursday. Chilly's still all alone in his room. Our visitor hasn't appeared yet. Stephen h Right will ask him.
Speaker 1: How to say his name.
Speaker 4: Steven h is gonna be the guy that's coming in in about an hour. He'll be on air with us playing Read My Lips against the Chile. But I do have some tickets for you right now. Ewell Nation is playing April first over at the House of Blues. I know about this show. Ticketmaster locations. Ticketmaster dot Com has your tickets. I got a free pair for you right now. Seven one, three, two one two five nine four.
Speaker 6: Five The Rod Ryan Show on ninety four, Bad.
Speaker 4: Wolves and their cover of Zombie. Get your votes in just throw Back Thursday. A lot of you have voted this morning. Good gotta do those song clips.
Speaker 1: I know it gets people.
Speaker 4: Excited about casting for the vote for the song that they would like to hear. I got a cool ticket here a Wall Nation April first, playing in the House of Blues.
Speaker 2: Good morning, good morning.
Speaker 4: Hi.
Speaker 1: Who's this.
Speaker 10: Mike?
Speaker 4: You call her number ten? Congratulations? Who So we're gonna get you into that show on April first. Okay, that's what I'm talking about, baby, That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: It's exactly what I'm talking about right now now, Mike, put you on the spot. I'm gonna put you on the spot. Have you ever ever ever emailed me a word suggestion.
Speaker 4: For read my lips for me to use during the time I'm going spots?
Speaker 2: I have not what I show up a bit?
Speaker 6: I am.
Speaker 3: I am.
Speaker 2: All right. Chilly is my spirit animal. So I'm sending words dire for Chiley.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, yeah, I'm looking forward to that email.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: One more question, yep. Do you do much flying? Are you a flying guy? You get out on some vacations maybe and do a little traveling.
Speaker 7: This is my first day back from vacation, but I drove to Savannah, Georgia and back.
Speaker 1: It's wrong with you. I don't know. I got a problem. Yeah, yeah, you got all kinds of problem. You do fly though, huh?
Speaker 2: Once in a while, yeah, fly.
Speaker 1: Do you do any of the TSA pre check? Are you a clear customer?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 4: Are you trying to try to get through those lines quicker? You're just kind of in there with all the other schlubs.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I'm forty five, I'm multiple do.
Speaker 2: It old way.
Speaker 4: I still print out my boarding pass right, Yeah, I still all right, Mike, can't wait for your word suggestions for reading my lips.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, thank you, Good morning, everybody.
Speaker 2: Pup your off chow.
Speaker 4: Great start to you today. Sorry about that rain. Not much we can do about it. One hundred percent chance of rain, highs of around seventy one.
Speaker 1: Here's what I ask. This is all new to me. I don't think I fly a lot. I fly, you know, only people I fly.
Speaker 4: I'm newly into the TSA pre chat. Oh really Yeah, I have to take the time to go and do that.
Speaker 1: It doesn't.
Speaker 4: It's not a huge deal to me. The girlfriend is big on this shit. Yeah, got me into clear.
Speaker 1: She had that clear was Have you seen clear that? There's there's these.
Speaker 4: Clear lines that you go in and you can get in and you show your eyeballs and it gets you in a little quicker and they kind of take you in that you bypass everybody and like everyone's looking at you like they hate you. They want to rip your head off because you have a clear representative that's now taking you and your paperwork, and they're just passing by everybody and going through there.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it costs.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I'm somehow I'm free in this clear thing.
Speaker 1: Okay. Then I was forced to go to go and do the paperwork, which is easy. You have to think like a meeting, don't you. It was real quick. You know where I did.
Speaker 4: It was an office max or an office depot. I can't tell the difference.
Speaker 1: One of those offices. I went there and brought my license and I got TSA pre check. It was like sixty bucks, and I don't think I got to take.
Speaker 4: Off my shoes anymore. It's such a big deal for her. It's a game. When we show up at the airport. You're looking and your skill the lines is clear better? Is TSA pre with clear better? It is TSA clear.
Speaker 1: It's a game.
Speaker 4: It's not that huge a deal for me. I mean, I do like blowing past the lines. I used to I had Southwest. I was always an a passenger on Southwest those that doesn't exist anymore. You're not like flying by anybody, so you don't get the.
Speaker 1: Benefit of that anymore.
Speaker 4: I mean, you get to board the plane quicker, but there's no more lines for Southwest, you know, because that was kind of their version of first class. If you take the time to go to TSA and do the pre check, like I said, I went to one of the office maxes or whatever, a new study says it saves an average of seven minutes. But if you don't have to take your shoes off, and you don't have to take your laptop out because there's different rules in every line that you're in.
Speaker 1: Now it's crazy.
Speaker 4: You don't have to always take your laptop out TSA pre you don't, okay, I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I really can't keep everything. And then there's some hybrid of both that and clear how.
Speaker 1: Much does that is that cost? I wouldn't know. I'm too poor to travel ballpark.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna ballpark it. I'm gonna say, like in the sixty five dollars range a year. Mm hmm, Okay, I think I don't know. I'm the worst. I'm the worst. I just did it because I was forced to do it. And then you got to make sure that it's on your your boarding pass, to make sure that it says TSA clear or pre check and you go. Seven minutes is what they say, that it'll save you.
Speaker 1: So you can get there later.
Speaker 4: Well, people just say, I mean the whole experience of traveling. Some people look at it as exciting. For me, it's a little stressful. Yeah, but the kid, it's a little stressful. Have you traveled with M yet?
Speaker 8: Have you?
Speaker 1: Has she flown yet with l L?
Speaker 4: I'm sorry no, again, I don't make enough money to travel that right. But when she you're gonna travel with her, she's gonna be on a plane. You don't know how she's gonna react to you. She will, she will be on a plane. People say that the whole pre check thing makes your whole experience a lot less stressful. Seven minutes is what you can They say, they've done study after study after study. If an average of seven minutes is good for you and you don't have to take your shoes off.
Speaker 1: That's what you can expect. I don't know, I do it now. I just go with I just I just I'm told I'm a passenger princess. Now I'm just like, what mine you want me in? I don't care? So you care? What do you have to do when you go get checked?
Speaker 5: Like they're trying because I get like the TSA thing is supposed to make sure that everything's safe for the plane.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 5: If you were going to do something that wasn't safe for the plane, wouldn't you also just get TSA pre check and clear.
Speaker 4: You just go to show that you get the pre check, they pre check you out.
Speaker 1: You're like, my shoes don't have bombs in them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're not bringing weird ohs, you're being bringing your We feel like we can trust you to keep your laptop.
Speaker 1: In your bag and you don't have to take off your shoes anymore. Is there like a like a lie detective test?
Speaker 5: It's like if you ever thought about being bad on an airplane and you're like, no, I have not.
Speaker 1: Like you passed. I should be able to sit here and tell you exactly what I did. I don't even know. I just did it.
Speaker 2: I just did it.
Speaker 1: Seven minutes.
Speaker 4: Sixty bucks sixty five dollars might be around there. Maybe it was seventy seven minutes.
Speaker 1: Is the clear line ever longer than the other line.
Speaker 4: Sometimes that's why there's no benefits. That's why it's an absolute game to her figure out which one. It's like, okay, because then there's some hybrid clear TSA pre too.
Speaker 1: Wait is that even like a gold member? Like you gotta pay more for that? I go where I'm told. Now, that's fine, right, that's it, hoppy flying the Rod Ryan Show, all right out, Empire upon an Empire on. Thank you so much for having us on. People are into it. People are into it.
Speaker 4: The people that traveled a lot I was telling you that they have just determined that TSA pre check Is it worth it? A study found that it saves you, on average, about seven minutes if you take the time to go and do it. It's eighty dollars for five years, Alex, okay, so that's the price. And I just can't believe how many emails everyone wants to talk about this. It's it's not amazing, that's the thing. I'm getting emails, dude, tsapre check clear. Oh my god, it's amazing.
Speaker 1: It's amazing.
Speaker 4: Like I said, the girlfriend's like like it's a cult. It's a cult. Now there's some global entry, that I gotta go get global entry.
Speaker 1: You just go to any country you want.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Okay, is there one where you can fly the plane might be interesting?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I know that I gotten a whiff of global entry is in my future too.
Speaker 1: I'm getting emails on global entry. Okay, it's good. It's good that you guys are fired up about these things, super excited.
Speaker 15: That's great.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 4: Like the whiskey drinkers the other day, it's like, Okay, that's what you're super into. It's International Whiskey.
Speaker 1: Day today, so uh, perfect day for them.
Speaker 4: Pappy van Winkle Voss gets your Remy Martin out record sales. We talked about that the other day, trying to talk about the whiskey drinkers. A lot of them that listen to this show. Here, I'm a carback man myself. Chili, he's got a friend in the studio with him.
Speaker 1: Well, well, well, well he wore his fancy hat too.
Speaker 4: Oh he's got his little Cabby hat on. I like when Chili wears that catboo hat. He seems more approachable when he wears that Cabby hat. Doesn't it make him look friendly, Jillie, give me an intimidating looking guy. We know, we know he's a teddy bear.
Speaker 1: I know he's putting with it. He is pudding, straight pudding. I know this tries to be tough, but when he has the caveat on, it's like that guy is a guy that takes.
Speaker 4: Care of things, like he makes things disappear heavy hat like like I consided to pick up my kid from school today in that hat.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah. They wouldn't even ask for R. They wouldn't even ask for ID. They'd be just like, yeah, that canvy had that. That's working just fine for me. Chill you on.
Speaker 11: Yeah, man, you're ruining my street crag right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're not taugh what you try to be tough? You try to How does Steven say his last name? So we're not just calling him Stephen h Harbor? Stephen Harbert, Stephen Harbert Hi Stephen uh Killy is looking as the least intimidating he's looked all week. So how you feeling, Steven?
Speaker 1: Feeling good?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 11: For a good game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a little smack yesterday, but I'm ready for it.
Speaker 4: Okay, I can't wait to meet you. I can't wait to meet you and have you and we'll get you in after eight o'clock. And uh, I'm just curious, you know, was there practicing? Was there, you know, trying this out at home and all that fun stuff. All right, Stephen hat Herbert, Herbert, right, Herbert, We'll be joining us in studio for read my lips. Keep sending me those words suggestions.
Speaker 15: Houston's and The Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 4: Ninety four five, The buzz Rod Ryan's Show Throwback Thursday.
Speaker 2: I was just updating.
Speaker 1: The song selections.
Speaker 4: Saliva still in the lead, followed by Fuel, followed by the band Cracker.
Speaker 1: It's not surprising. Cast your votes.
Speaker 4: We did song clips already. Cast your Votesurely has those videos up for you. He's got the songs. If you want to kind of revisit the songs just to kind of educate yourself. Make sure you're voting for the proper song winning song played at ninet thirty.
Speaker 1: I could use some help.
Speaker 4: I'm still going through word suggestions that you guys are sending me, and it's good. There's some first timers too. Some people send me words that have never done it before. So it took me scolding somebody on the air to do that I think, oh, the guy that won tickets. I think it was the A Wall Nation winner. I'm like, dude, I know you've never sent me any words, he said, I haven't, but I'm going to. So I'm still waiting for his email. Sevent of your word suggestions. We have Stephen Harbert that's.
Speaker 1: Going to be joining us in studio.
Speaker 4: He's taken on chilly this morning rain one hundred percent chance of rain.
Speaker 1: While we're on the air with you.
Speaker 4: This morning, PI up around seventy one, Alex says Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: Well, good morning everyone.
Speaker 5: President Donald Trump announced it twenty five percent tariff on all imported cars and key auto parts yesterday, a move aimed at boosting American manufacturing, but that is likely to spark economic and political fallout. The tariffs, which go into effect at twelve oh one am April third, applied to vehicles from major trading partners, including Canada, Mexico, Japan, and the European Union. Canada and Mexico have strongly opposed the tariffs, with Canadian officials calling them a direct attack on their economy. During a court appearance last month, a court officer discovered a heart shaped note hidden in a pair of socks intended for Luigi Mangioni, who's accused of murdering United Healthcare CEO Brian Thompson. The note expressed support, stating Luigi, we are rooting for you. Keep your head held high and know that there are thousands of people wishing you luck. It was signed r slash free Luigi, referencing a Reddit community supporting Mangioni. Another note addressed to someone named Joan, who was also found. Mangioni's defense attorneys stated that they were unaware of these notes following their inclusion.
Speaker 1: Inadvertent.
Speaker 5: Prosecutors highlighted this incident while opposing a defense request to allow Mangioni to access a laptop in jail, citing concerns over potential misuse. Mangioni is pleaded not guilty to charges including murder as an act of terrorism.
Speaker 1: What are you rooting for? What are you rooting for?
Speaker 4: Like us to change our minds and say, you know what it is okay just to kill a man in cold blood on the street.
Speaker 1: What are you rooting for? I don't know, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Camera for?
Speaker 3: Maybe?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you're rooting for him?
Speaker 2: Weird?
Speaker 1: I know some people are clearly no. I know they are.
Speaker 2: I know they are.
Speaker 1: It's just this That story still infuriates me self.
Speaker 5: Chilling beer can have finally arrived to start up in the UK called Delta. H Innovations has been working on something called a cool can. It looks like an ordinary can until you check the bottom, where there's a power button that activates the beer cooling technology. It also works on soda or any other liquid. There's an inner wall like insulated mugs, and pushing the power button blends water with a mix of salts that cause a cooling reaction. The outside can gets freezing cold in a few seconds. The only disappointing part is that it still takes a while to chill the beer. Depending on how hot it is, it can take up to ten minutes to get cold, but eventually it'll get down to forty three degrees. They say that the best part is that the cooling reaction continues every time you take a sip, and it'll stay cold for forty five minutes.
Speaker 1: It can still be recycled as well. There's no where. Look, yeah, I gotta take a look at this thing. It's pretty cool. Look though, is it big?
Speaker 3: Is it real?
Speaker 1: Cumbersome, and it doesn't look that much bigger. Okay, it's like a big electric coozy kind of yeah, but as it can, yeah right, all right, all right.
Speaker 5: There's no word on how soon you might be able to these self cooling cans and stewards, but they're already in talks with major beer makers as well as Coca Cola and Red.
Speaker 1: Bull and entertainment News.
Speaker 5: Marvel announced the cast of the next Avengers movie, Avengers Doomsday, and it includes some of the old school X Men who can be part of the Marvel cinematic universe now because Disney bought it, bought twenty first Century Fox. We're getting Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, James Marsden, Rebecca Romaine, Alan Cumming, and Kelsey Grammer. We're also going to be getting Channing Tatum's Gambit, who made his debut in Deadpool and Wolverine. But neither Deadpool or Wolverine were cast in the announcement, nor were Spider Man or Batman, which was really that was you doubt so I wanted, I.
Speaker 1: Feel you have to add that in, and Captain Underpants didn't make it either.
Speaker 5: Here's my other favorite, Robert Danny Junior is going to be returning as the villain Doctor Doom Avengers. Doomsday comes out in May of next year. Six months after Food Fighters from Man and Dave Grohl admitted to infidelity and following a child dot out of his marriage, his wife has decided to give their marriage another chance, and Insider is revealed that despite being completely devastated by the situation, she's standing by girl's side. The couple has been married since two thousand and three and has attending counseling with Goal making efforts to regain her trust. They've recently been spending more time together as well. Role publicly announced the birth of his daughter outside of the marriage and expressed his commitment to being a supportive parent and restoring his family's trust.
Speaker 1: Those are Houston's headlines sometimes times of that counselor. I mean, it's times like these we learn to love again. Oh is that what it is? I always say, it's the the infidelity is one thing.
Speaker 11: The child.
Speaker 1: There's a kid, there was a life involved, and he said that he is going to be a part of that child's life, which is shure.
Speaker 4: He's the dad. It's just that's a constant reminder. Yeah, there's there's some counseling that we don't even know what kind of counselor that's going on right now. Absolutely, the counselor's got a counselor.
Speaker 11: Everyone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Astros open up the regular.
Speaker 5: Season this afternoon. They're gonna host the Mets at dik In Park. Fraanbervaldez is gonna be on the mound for the Stros going up against the Mets. Clay Holmes, I would really like to see Frambravaldez, just absolutely Bean Juan Soto and his first at bat, first pitch is at three ten. You can listen to the game on our sister stations, Sports Talk seven ninety and News Radio seven forty KTIH Ghost DROs. The NCAA Tournament resumes tonight with the start of the Sweet sixteen. There's four games of the scheduled tonight, starting at six o' nine when Alabama takes on BYU, Then Florida's gonna play Maryland, Duke is gonna face Arizona, and Texas Techle close things out at nine oh nine when they face Arkansas. You can watch all the games on CBS, TVs and True TV, and the NBA Rockets are gonna be back in action tonight. They're gonna play the Utah Jazz on the road. They're thirteen and a half point favorites heading into this one. Tip off is at eight, and you can hear that game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports, all right.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna keep scanning these email that you guys ourselves, that you guys are sending in for these word suggestions. Send me a great word or two that you think would be useful for the upcoming Read my lips games, Chili takes On listener Steven coming up in about twenty minutes.
Speaker 10: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and The rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 4: Ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, thank you so much for having us on.
Speaker 1: It's a big day here at ninety.
Speaker 4: Four or five The Buzz with Lincoln Park some special kind of happening today. At six o'clock, we're gonna have the iHeartRadio World premiere of a brand new Lincoln Park song Up from the Bottom. It's my understanding they went in and re record and recorded this song. It's not from their upcoming album. It's not just another single, It's not another release. Up from the Bottom. Once we start the world premiere today at six o'clock, Theresa, we'll have that for you. A national contest is going to start, and a winner and a guest is going to get to go see the band in San Francisco in September. So that's all rolling today with Teresa at six, I guess I'll have a better idea of what, like what are involvement is going to be Up from the Bottom. We'll have it for you tomorrow on the show.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to play that new song for you.
Speaker 4: I don't know that I'm gonna be able to keep away from a new Lincoln Park song till tomorrow. Oh yeah, we're gonna be playing it a lot. And I really I've loved everything that she's been singing on. I love everything so far that they've done.
Speaker 2: I really do.
Speaker 4: So if I can, if I can stay away from it, I might get distracted with some baseball today, you know, Astro's first pitch at three ten. I might be able to stay away from that Lincoln Park and then we can all listen to it together tomorrow for the first time. Rain today one hundred percent chance of rain while we're on with you today. Happy opening day, Hi today of around seventy one. Great job, guys, I got a lot of words here. I will do one final scan of my email if you have some word suggestions. We've got Stephen Harbert taking on Chile today in read my lips. Stephen will be joining us in studio. We'll get to meet him, find out what his deal is and all that. And we certainly know that last year or last week, the listener that came in she destroyed Alex. So these listeners are coming in and they're practicing, they are preparing, they're watching the game films, all of that stuff. They're coming in prepared. Yeah, they're coming in prepared each and every week. You know, all of this stuff sprinkled in on the website, on all these different pages that we have.
Speaker 1: I already mentioned that it's International Whiskey Day.
Speaker 4: I feel like we've been talking about whiskey all week because we have I think, been talking about whiskey all week. So your day is finally here, International Whiskey Day. This I saw Mega Million's prizes are getting bigger. Jack potts will now start at fifty million.
Speaker 1: But don't they sometimes not pay out. Remember that L eighty that was some kind of an app.
Speaker 4: You're right, they want you ill legal, they want you to buying those tickets at the like they want. They want to create a point of purchase for those tickets.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't know how that app story is going to play out, I really don't. I guess they used to start when when somebody won, they would start at twenty million, you know, just a measingly twenty million. They're gonna start at fifty million now, and the non jackpot prizes are going to go up as well. The Dollar Tree is selling the Family Dollar for one billion dollars.
Speaker 1: Why not one dollar?
Speaker 4: Well, they bought the brand ten years ago for nine billion.
Speaker 15: Yeh.
Speaker 1: Not a good investment, huh.
Speaker 4: And then finally some good news and again this stuff is all sprinkled in on links and guests.
Speaker 1: This is on the food blog page or Ida.
Speaker 4: When I think of or Ida, the first thing I think of ya is tater TODs oritao.
Speaker 1: I've never pronounced it.
Speaker 11: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying I'm right. I don't know either.
Speaker 4: I'm probably if I'm gonna guess, I'm gonna say I'm wrong. Or Ida or Eta or id A. They giving away free tater tots for the Sweet sixteen. You're telling me the Sweet sixteen starts today?
Speaker 15: Or yeah?
Speaker 1: Or Ida?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: Okay, check this out. Why would they give away free tater tots for the Sweet sixteen? The great grandson of the guy that invented the tater tot plays for BYU.
Speaker 1: Did you know this?
Speaker 13: I did.
Speaker 5: I learned this last week. There was somebody who was dropping fun facts about every team and that was the one for BYU.
Speaker 1: Richie Saunders. Yeah, Richie Saunders.
Speaker 4: His great granddad launched or Ida in nineteen fifty two and came up with tots in nineteen fifty three and was left over pieces of their French fries that he kind of compressed them and he came up with the tater todd.
Speaker 1: I mean that's how he crazy. It's awesome.
Speaker 5: There's also there's a kid in on Duke that they kind of uses like he's a what they call a human victory cigar, So like Duke puts him in when they're it's game's over, Like when he's out there, I think I think he's thirteen this year when he's made an appearance because like it's.
Speaker 1: The game's out of hand. He's five eight his uh he.
Speaker 5: Makes a great great great grandson of the guy that moves Trinity College to Durham, North Carolina and like called at Duke University, and so he was a walk on and it's like crazy, Like that's the cool thing about Mars madd Is is you get random little things like this.
Speaker 1: Not that Duke's like a small little schooler any but the Tater took kid. B Why you The Tater took Kid is awesome? I love that story. So where are they giving away these free Tater talks? I don't know. I put that on the food blog page today. You can go and you can kind of check that out. Y, you can't play games on Sunday. That's why they're starting today. Oh okay, so they they on Friday. They would also accupy Sunday if they win those traditions. I guess. So, all right, we're gonna have a can you pick up a little bit?
Speaker 4: We've gotta yes, we're coming.
Speaker 1: Into the studio. It's my lips. Will it be a repeat of what we had last week? Usually this music is scary. Chili is scary. But the caddy hat but the Cabby hat not scary. She's not intimidating at all. I'm not intimidating pinky blinds.
Speaker 4: All right, Chili and his buddy Stephen Harbert are going to be joining us in studio and we'll meet Stephen.
Speaker 1: We'll find out what he's been up to.
Speaker 4: And that's your matchup today for the Shinedown Bush Morgan Wade tickets. Of course, I'll get somebody on the phone just in case Stephen craps the bed. We'll have a backup ready to go. We'll give away those tickets regardless. But yeah, Chili and his Cabby Hat joining us in the studio.
Speaker 10: Shortly Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and the Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 4: Yeah what he said, Good morning everybody, Rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 1: Brow back Thursday.
Speaker 4: You guys, you're doing good on your voting. I could use well Cracker. It's not gonna happen for Cracker. It really is a two horse race right now between saliva and fuel. Saliva always forty three percent, fuel bittersweet forty two percent. It's really coming down to those two songs. So nine point thirty is won. The winning song will be played. A miracle could save the Cracker.
Speaker 1: Song teen anks. It's a great song.
Speaker 4: I just don't see it happening against those heavyweights this morning. That's on links and Guests. That's where you'll find all the different things that we've been talking about this morning. One hundred percent chance of rain hive around seventy one, Alex, what's trending well?
Speaker 5: Opening day continues to trend. It's been trending all morning. Baseball season officially starts today. Astros get their season underway at three ten this afternoon and they take on the Mets at dyke In Park.
Speaker 1: Are you throwing out like any kind of numbers, predicting the over under? How many games you do any of that stuff for them? I can look it up. Yeah, I don't know. Yankees broke me last year and I don't care. Yeah, you sound like a defeated man. What was that whole thing about?
Speaker 4: Like you know, from er bean in somebody today during the one zonos a little bit.
Speaker 1: And he's a trader and he deserves to just get beaned.
Speaker 4: Well, that was a tough one because he walked from your Yankees over to the Mets and that's a difficult school.
Speaker 1: Nets have won nothing years Chris Brown also is trending.
Speaker 5: He announced a new tour and everybody seems to be talking about that, and then Sixtagram Thursday is trending. Yolibeth Cruz from Houston submitted to us from by Donald from North Houston. Go check her out at the world famous rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 12: You know her, No, I wish she was, like, she's been at the Rodeo and she one of the pictures that I put on there was from her and to Rodeo.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I was like, yeah, I mean just like that, Like, Steven, I'm sure you gonna do a great job, but like, get her in here for read my lips, say no more?
Speaker 1: Did you get no?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 1: All right, Steven, we've met before. Tell me what do you do with the aquarium?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 1: So I'm the restaurant gentle manager down there at the Aquarium here in Houston.
Speaker 4: And you started probably like in the dishwashing days or whatever. I mean, you've been there for how long?
Speaker 1: So I've been there since twenty eleven?
Speaker 4: No kidding, yep, you've been on Tillman's yacht not yet okay, not yet, okay?
Speaker 1: Exactly how many years? You got to work there to get an invite on that yacht. Once I find out, i'll let you know.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, yeah, I saw that sucker down there during Martin gra Galveston. That it is the sickest thing ever. It is absolutely the second year, it's the sickest thing you've ever seen.
Speaker 1: That's where fifty was performing on the yacht. Yeah, oh really yeah he was performing there. Well all right, well Steven, where are you from?
Speaker 20: So?
Speaker 1: I'm from here in Houston, Okay, Born and Raise.
Speaker 4: You've heard the game before. I don't know if you checked any game film or anything like that. Did they they tell you about the song that you're going to have to listen to? So Sultan's Curse, I mean it's loud.
Speaker 1: Did you practice? I haven't practiced. You haven't practiced? Read my lips? Nope, I have it?
Speaker 4: Light work man, Okay, come on, chilly, Okay, all right. It's for Shineedown tickets, Bush and Morgan Wade. That's what Steven's trying to win. I've got the words. I'm going to go sort through the greatest ones and then i'll go grab only because he hasn't practiced, I'm gonna go grab somebody on the phone, just in case we need them, just in case there's some sort of a Stephen meltdown over here. Oh you will so seven one, three, two, two, nine five if you want to get on the horn. I don't know that we're gonna need you, but you might have a chance with a Stephen meltdown of winning those Shine Doown.
Speaker 6: Tickets the Rod Ryan Show mornings on ninety four five the bus.
Speaker 4: All right, there we go ninety four or five the bus Incubis and drive rod Ryan's Show. And like you were saying, Incubis is sitting on some new music and just waiting for the right time to release it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna put out a single here sometime soon. I'm ready. I am too. And then in a couple of months, I think they're gonna release the Varoga.
Speaker 4: We had a new single yesterday from Chavelle. I was wondering if that was going to appear at some point this morning. I haven't seen it yet. There is some new music coming later today six o'clock. A brand new song from Lincoln Park is coming world premier style, like right at six o'clock, and then Theresa will have all your information. Those are going to be like a contest where it's a national contest, but there's gonna be a trip to San Francisco to go check them out live. So that's all coming your way today, and then that's great news. I think we're gonna have that tomorrow.
Speaker 1: I've been hurt. Have you talked to the Wizard today?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: I think there's a meeting today, So I think there's something else going on tomorrow. You wouldn't miss a meeting, Okay.
Speaker 4: I think there's gonna be a couple of opportunities for some new music tomorrow.
Speaker 1: I sure hope, So I think so. I think so chance of rain, Stephen, you said you're from right here in Houston. So how long was your drive in today? It's about forty five minutes? Oh damn?
Speaker 4: Okay is it rain?
Speaker 3: And out?
Speaker 4: It just be saying about there, all right, chance of rain? Hide today of around seventy one show he's got a little rain cap on today. You could not be.
Speaker 1: Stop to read my lips.
Speaker 4: Okay, we got Stephen, no practice, no practice because you're because you're playing chill it right exactly.
Speaker 22: You know you gotta let them think they're gonna win, you know they Yeah, Okay, just in case if you have an absolute failure here on the phones.
Speaker 4: Good morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Who's this got?
Speaker 13: Hi?
Speaker 2: Scott?
Speaker 4: How are you good?
Speaker 1: How are you doing well? I don't know if we're gonna need you or not. I don't know if we're gonna need you worthless well, I'm saying.
Speaker 4: If if Stephen doesn't pull off the wind, I'll go to you for the tickets. Shine Down Bush August twenty seven, Toyota Center. Okay, and Chilli's never lost in that yet, he never lost. Preparing your outfit for Shine Down?
Speaker 1: You're going, Julie, have you never lost wearing that hat?
Speaker 11: Never?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 15: Never?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 1: He never won? Yeah, Steven, who's going first? I'm going first?
Speaker 4: Did you hear last week the guy was a little bit Yeah exactly, she went first. Uh, okay, well, if you could help him out with his headphones, but she the.
Speaker 12: Last week's contestant had the eye of the tiger.
Speaker 1: I don't see it in him, you know, let's see what happens, good luck.
Speaker 4: I don't know he's got that. He's kind of got that killer landry look about him, though. You know, he's been with the company for such a long time. He's got that he's got that billionaire you know that. Yeah, he's got that thing that you pick up from, you know, being around and around all that wealth, being around Tillman.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 11: But he's a charitable guy. So that's why he's giving him a job.
Speaker 1: The only charity is going to be you.
Speaker 11: He whoa, Hey, I'm part of the Make a Wish Foundation, so I'm giving him.
Speaker 4: Okay, this is his make a Wish to He wanted to meet you, Yeah, to win today, so I might.
Speaker 1: Let him win.
Speaker 4: Okay, everyone, this is uh Stephen Harbert. He was chosen selected by Chili to come down here and play the game. Great words suggested by you guys and all submitted. Thank you very much. Kyle sent this word in. You're keeping score. Twenty seconds on the clock. Okay, here we go. Let's see if this guy needed practice or not. Huh hey he problems up, numbs up?
Speaker 1: Here we go. Thank you, Kyle. Red Pancakes, Red Pancake, that's fast. Yeah, I mean he's on.
Speaker 23: He's on.
Speaker 1: He's in his own fast.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Red Pancakes, got it.
Speaker 2: Let's go good.
Speaker 1: That's an easy word. Who did you choose?
Speaker 11: You got three more?
Speaker 3: Go more?
Speaker 1: You got two more? Don't take the head phone out. Okay, he thought he won already, Red Pancakes. Oh, we got the goat playing. I want to call the game now it's okay, he said, you want to submit, just call it. Come on, wait all right. Next word sent in by Mundo. Yeah he's not getting this one. All right, Here we go, thumbs up, thumbs up.
Speaker 11: Mundo's a homie.
Speaker 24: Baby vomit, baby fopping, baby, vomit, baby flopping baby, vomit, baby vomit, baby, vomit, baby, babbitt, vomit, vomit.
Speaker 1: Baby, vomit baby farmer, baby vomit. Damn, he's not gonna be happy. Vomit, vomit. I mean, what's going through his brain? Like he's so close on the word. He's just he's not budgeting. I'll tell you. He thought he won just because he got one. He vomits. Okay, Yeah, maybe he should have practiced, should have should have all right, here we go. Last word.
Speaker 4: Eddie sent this one in twenty seconds on the clock. This was discussed on the show Combs.
Speaker 1: Up, comes up.
Speaker 11: He's about to lose.
Speaker 1: Double dragon, Double dragon. That's pretty good. Double Dragon. Did we learn what that was this week? Or last week, both ends.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this week, but he got a poop and vomit at the same time. The double dragon. Dude, no practice, yeah, no practice to.
Speaker 1: Chilli, I just have to get through this. Oh's some big deal. You saw his face. All I gotta do is get three.
Speaker 15: Got to do is get three.
Speaker 11: Okay, I'm on light word, I'm ready. There's rope, bet d get this ladder on the road.
Speaker 1: Scott, you're Scott. You can't still be there? Are you still?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 1: But why? I got Chill?
Speaker 3: I got.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, all right, all right, Scott, hang in there. Chili's gonna got I got your Scott. Chili is going to show us why.
Speaker 4: He is to be feared playing this game. Dallas Daniel sent this word in twenty seconds.
Speaker 1: On the clock. Thumbs up, thumbs out.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 20: Finger gun, deer dunk, finger gun, fear talk, finger gun, finger culking, finger gun.
Speaker 1: What was he at on time? Six seconds left? Okay, finger gun?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Crazy criminal blog page this week. Somebody robbed the store with finger Somebody robbed the store with a finger gun? What a finger gun? Bold news? Whether a jacket too or yeah? I don't know, yeah, just under the jacket maybe okay, local today, Oh we're playing scared.
Speaker 4: Not only do we have a local Instagram feature today, local crazy criminal blog page today, just playing playing.
Speaker 1: Ketchup on these crazy stories here. Okay, twenty seconds on the.
Speaker 12: Clock on your intermedial gluteous cliff, hurry up?
Speaker 1: Does he know where on the radio?
Speaker 20: No?
Speaker 1: All right, Todd sent this one and combs up. Come on, all right, here we go.
Speaker 19: Secret Slider, secret slash, secret slider, cigarette lighter, secret slider.
Speaker 11: Secret Slasher, cigarette slasher.
Speaker 19: Secret cigarette slasher, secret slider, secret slasher, secret cigarette slasher, Slider, secret slider, second slasher.
Speaker 11: We're going over time?
Speaker 1: Are we're going over time? It gets this one?
Speaker 19: Secret slider, Oh slider, secret slider, secret slider.
Speaker 2: Todd?
Speaker 1: Who the hell's Todd? I never heard that name in my life. All Right, here we go. I'm an a okay, I'm an oh boy, well boy, Oh, he's got the face of a ham Tvy coming up.
Speaker 4: I got the face of a guy. That's just what's gonna happen with this game here. There's no way Scott's still there though.
Speaker 1: Scott, you're going you're.
Speaker 4: Going right, Nope, I'm still here.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, okay, he wants those tickets. He thinks Chili's gonna pull this off. He still could. Okay, Chili, get tie it up with the Sherry sent this word in.
Speaker 11: Now I got a ham titty stuck in my head.
Speaker 1: I'll let you know how the show is. Scott, all right when doesn't? Oh, oh, okay, all right, here we go. Thumb okay, let's go. Now he's got ham titty on the brain. Thumbs up, let's go. Sherry sent this in. I'm not laughing. Stop you're trying to make me laugh. I'm not laugh trying to intimidate him.
Speaker 2: Don't now, I'm gonna sc Let's go.
Speaker 16: Pecker checker, pecker, checker, pecker, checker, beer checker, pecker checker, batter checker.
Speaker 1: Hold on, wait, don't stop the time?
Speaker 11: All right because the song had ended, So okay, hold.
Speaker 2: On, m I go.
Speaker 16: Pecker checker, flatter checker or batter checker, pecker checker, fatter checker, pecker checker, backer checker, pecker.
Speaker 1: Check Let's go. You said both words. You said both words, you never put them together, you said.
Speaker 11: So, I mean that's a win. I've said both words.
Speaker 1: Not together. Checker, pecker, checker. You said the words, but you never put the two together and you say.
Speaker 2: My bye Scott.
Speaker 13: Ah By, thank guy.
Speaker 4: All right, even Harvard with no practice their way to go, dude, way to go, shine down Bush, Morgan Wade, August twenty seventh, Toyota Center.
Speaker 1: I mean you're the boss, right, you can get off that day before. Hey, I think I can make it work. You can make that work. Yes, I mean you know, okay, what you mean that? I mean you mean I'm not a patter checker, so I wouldn't know, you know, But now that hat is tainted, I'll just buy a new one. It undefeated when the new one comes in.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, listen, dude, awesome job today, great seeing you. Thank you so much for coming down. And that means we need to do this all over again. We need to get somebody signing up.
Speaker 1: You keep that up all the time. Now.
Speaker 12: Yeah, but I'm gonna call in that fixtagram for next week.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, you're just gonna make a call. Yeah, yay, you ask for it. I got the clears, but that's all I want to do.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: Well, awesome job, Steven, Congratulations again.
Speaker 1: Enjoy that show. So I still got BlackBerry smoke tickets for you.
Speaker 4: I got live collective soul tickets coming up for you all in the nine o'clock hour.
Speaker 2: Don't Go Anyway, and the.
Speaker 15: Rod Ryan Morning Show six Am.
Speaker 4: The Buzz teenty four or five Buzz that Shine Down and Dead Don't Die. Just give away tickets to Shine Down. Oh you know who won those?
Speaker 1: The guy that's never played Read my Lips before. Hey, don't be mean to Chilling that I'm not. I'm just saying rude to Chilling, but I don't like it.
Speaker 4: Is it a truth that Stephen Harbert has never played Reading my Lips before? And he came in here anyone, It is true, Steven, have a great time at that show, Shine Down, Bush Morgan Wade, We've got tickets for you. Well, I guess we'll give away another pair tomorrow and then we'll boom, we'll close out the week. I've got BlackBerry Smoke tickets for you. They're playing tomorrow night seven one to three Music Hall. I've got a pair of tickets coming your way and around nine ten and then we'll leave you with live and collective.
Speaker 1: Soul tickets on know the show.
Speaker 4: Now the rain it's been around all morning. You guys are telling me that's been raining on you all morning long. We thought that was going to happen. Highs today of around seventy one, it'll taper off tonight to around thirty forty percent, So got a plan. Accordingly, If those of you that are heading now to opening day today, go stros right now. Alex has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: Well, good morning everyone.
Speaker 5: President Donald Trump announced a twenty five percent tariff on all imported cars and key auto parts yesterday, a move aimed at boosting American manufacturing, but that is likely to spark economic and political fallout. The tariffs, which go into effect at twelve to one am on April third, apply to vehicles from major trading partners, including Canada, Mexico, Japan, and the European Union. Canada and Mexico have strongly opposed the tariffs, with Canadian officials calling.
Speaker 1: Them a direct attack on their economy.
Speaker 5: Meteorologists are anticipating fewer hurricanes this year than last year, but have warned that strong storms could still impact populated areas along the US coastline. ACU weather is one of the first meteorological meteorolog Meteorological meteorological mediological NAIL day we go with that, you know those guys. One of the first meteorological agencies to issue a hurricane forecast this year. Last year, the number of hurricanes that formed during the Atlantic hurricane season was above average. There were eighteen named storms that formed during the season, with eleven hurricanes in five major categories. A major hurricane occurs when it is classified as a category three or higher. The forecast anticipates three to six direct storm hits in the US this year, with Texas, Louisiana, Western Florida, and North Carolina.
Speaker 1: At the risk for direct impacts.
Speaker 5: The Atlantic hurricane season runs from June first through November thirtieth.
Speaker 1: Old school metal braces.
Speaker 5: Are making a comeback, may even be considered cool now and with Adonis and Tucson, Arizona says the kids are begging for metal braces instead of things like in visiline and that more patients are excited to get them. He said he's talked to other orthodontists around the country and that that apparently this is becoming a nationwide trend. A handful of influencers and celebrities have made them trendy, and some have even gotten them just for show.
Speaker 1: Fake braces have also become a thing on Etsy as well.
Speaker 5: That experts is saying not to do that because it can cause infections, tooth damage and be a choking hazard.
Speaker 4: Like somebody's wearing fake braces that doesn't need them.
Speaker 5: I guess if you can wear fake glasses, you can wear fake braces too. You think anybody has fake headgear.
Speaker 4: The fake glasses thing has always been funny to me.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh, you wear glasses.
Speaker 4: What are you doing over there? Magoo, I'm smart, you don't wear glasses. Okay, if I catch somebody wearing fake braces, we're gonna we have a problem.
Speaker 2: That's weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have a big problem. But okay, the kids want this. It's cool. Everything nerdy, Everything that used to not be cool is cool.
Speaker 5: I mean it's pocket protectors, Like, let's invest in pocket protectors because that's got to make a comebackground.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, protractors tape on your glasses, like, don't get newses, just put tape.
Speaker 1: On it already, like they're like they're not broken glass.
Speaker 4: Tape in the middle like spaz Yeah, you know, Okay.
Speaker 5: The Washington Post recently talked to a dental assistant in Brooklyn who was twenty four and recently got braces, and he said, quote, no shade to invisil line, but it's kind of boring to me. I mean, I thought the whole point to him visis, I guess if you want to show off that you have braces, that's cool, but then you have to get wax and then it cuts into your gums. And I still have like scars in my mouth from when I had braces. Man, it just ripped apart your the inside of your lip and everything like that. And if you you run into something like I played hockey and you run into something and it just sticks into your mouth.
Speaker 1: Travis got braces.
Speaker 4: While he was on the show twenty years ago, and I remember because my sister and my brother both had them. Did you use wax? Yeah, but there were like these wax like crayons. You're like put it in there, like put this over there. Hurt a little bit less, and the wide just bleed more. And the wax would I guess allow your lips to kind of glide over the metal a little easier. We were doing the Katrina thon where he was. We were on for hours and I just remember he had no wax, He had no nothing. He had these new braces. He didn't know how to navigate it. He couldn't get his lips over them. He was talking funny. He had shrapnel pulpy lips. I mean like he was dying.
Speaker 1: He was dying. He was on the air with me, and like, as.
Speaker 5: Somebody that's had both, I feel like like the invisil line was it. Yeah, it's not comfortable because it's moving your teeth around, and like, yeah, you have headaches and and it hurts your teeth at times. But I missed out all of that. Don't just cut your mouth open. And then they I was always scared of getting punched in the face because that just.
Speaker 4: I remember my sister had to go and get him tightened yea, And like you were just miserable that day because they were just they.
Speaker 1: Got tied two days. You're pretty miserable with it. And then there were rubber bands involved. For my sister an overbite or an underbite, they got to kind of pull it.
Speaker 4: They had rubber bands going from the top to the bottom. My sister and my brother, they had all that stuff. Are you still permanent?
Speaker 5: Until I got in visiline, I had a permanent retainer on the bottom of my teeth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you get something cemented in your mouth. Yeah, but I don't know. I would rather go in visiline if you're picking. I think it's probably a little bit more expensive, but I liked it.
Speaker 5: In an appearance on Billy Corgan's podcast, Corey Feldman the feldg claims that he had Leonardo DiCaprio's role in the movie What's Eating Gilbert Great, but that Johnny Depp got him fired. He also said that he was in contention to play Leo's part in Titanic as well, and he says he was cast as Arnie and Gilbert Great, but that when Depp joined the cast, he told producers that Feldman was quote a junkie and that he didn't work with junkies. Feldman said that he had just gotten sober at the time and was really upset by depth, saying that he said that he wasn't as close to getting the Titanic gig, so he wasn't as upset about that as he was the Gilbert grape incident. Corey also claimed that he got pretty close to winning the role of Sam Wise Gamgee and The Lord of the Rings movies, a part that ended up going to his Goonies co star Sean Aston.
Speaker 1: I think it'll be interesting.
Speaker 4: I know that Corgan. I think former intern Michelle watched the interview and she said it was good. And Billy Corgan does ask him like, when you're on stage, is this performance art? Are you serious about what you're doing? I don't know what the answer was, but I think he's serious. It seems like he's not letting on that it's a joke. Yeah, because it's lappable. Anybody that went to that Olympus could show it's lappable.
Speaker 1: Him on stage. I don't know about that. And it's art. I'm sorry you wouldn't get it, all right, I get me. You know what you don't understand art? Rod It's going over my head, all right, what Feldman's doing. It's just above it's above your head. Okay. I'm interested in seeing this interview. Uh Sublime. He has confirmed that they are working on a new album.
Speaker 5: It'll be the first one they put out in almost thirty years, and it's gonna feature Rod Ryan Show twentyth anniversary party star Jacob Nole, the son of late frontman Bradley Noll. The band's gonna be collaborating the producers Barker of Blinklin A two and John Feldman A Goldfinger, and plans to rease the first single from the album this summer. Jacob mill Well joined the original band members Eric Wilson and Bud Gaw in late twenty twenty three and said that he felt a deep connection to his father's legacy after immersing himself in Sublime's catalog. The upcoming album aims to blend the classic Sublime vibe with a fresh sound, and the band's gonna release the album under their newly established label, Sublime Recordings. Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: Just do this like what we're listening to. Rocks do an album with this. We're all gonna be happy, right Yeah, absolutely, well, Happy opening day everyone.
Speaker 5: The Astros open up the regular season this afternoon. They're gonna host the Mets at dyke In Park. Framberval does have be in the mound for the Strows going up against the Mets. Clay Holmes first pitch is at three ten and you can listen to that one on our sister stations, Sports Talk seven to ninety.
Speaker 1: And News Radio seven forty KTIH.
Speaker 5: The NCAA Tournament resumes tonight with the start of the Sweet sixteen. There's four games on the schedule tonight, starting at six or nine, Albama plays BYU Florida takes on Maryland, Duke is gonna face Arizona, and then at nine to nine, Texas Tech closes out things against Arkansas. You can watch all the games on CBS, TBS and True TV. And in the NBA, the Rockets are back in action tonight. They're gonna play the Utah Jazz on the road. They're thirteen and a half point favorites heading into this game. Tip offs at eight, and you can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety That is what's going on in Sports Houston's Rock.
Speaker 10: And The Rod Ryan Morning Show six at AM, The Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, Rob Ryan's Show, Upper Roach Scars.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the nine o'clock hour. Everybody Opening Day Today.
Speaker 4: Baseball games peaked in twenty twenty one, three hours and ten minutes, and then the pitch the pitch clock arrived.
Speaker 1: It's got it down.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: Today's game, if it's on average with other baseball games, today's game will be two hours and thirty six minutes long.
Speaker 1: You like the pitch clock, Alex, I do.
Speaker 2: I do too.
Speaker 4: I was a little weary about it. You know, I'm a traditional guy. Let the baseball players do what they need to do and whatever. But you know what, if you gotta scratch your crotch and do all those things, you gotta do a little quicker now, quick, do a little quicker now. So yeah, two hours and thirty six minutes. I think the pitch clock has really worked out well. It really they fought, he can't just crap on everything. They really thought this through and it worked.
Speaker 5: It made sense, and they tested it out in the minors, yes, spring training and stuff, and then they implemented it.
Speaker 1: When they got it right, it worked, you know, I I it was a fun fact on and it was talking about.
Speaker 4: There's never been a basketball movie that has grossed over one hundred million dollars at the box office.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, there's only one baseball movie. There's only one baseball movie that's made a hundred million dollars. Was the League of the Room? Really? Yes, the ladies, the.
Speaker 4: No crying in baseball. I mean it's a one, but forty two made ninety five million. That was Chadwick Boseman right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Jackie Robinson star, Yeah, which it's It's one of the great stories in all of sports. It just I didn't think it was a great movie. I just didn't.
Speaker 4: The subject matter was amazing, and I think Chadwick Boseman did a good job.
Speaker 1: I just I don't know. There was just something about the movie that just didn't do it for me.
Speaker 4: Moneyball made seventy five million, The Rookie made seventy five million.
Speaker 1: Field of Dreams made sixty four.
Speaker 4: Sports movies are not the way to go. You gotta makey. You gotta make superhero movies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, superhero movies just clean up.
Speaker 4: What is the best sport for a movie? Out of the Big Four?
Speaker 1: Boxing? Rocky? Wow, he had to make a lot of money. Rocky did make a lot of money. Big four.
Speaker 4: I mean, what's better? I'll ask it, what's better a baseball movie or a football movie?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What's the best football movie? Remember the Titans?
Speaker 4: It's a good one. Gotta talk you gotta mention Rudy, Rudy, Yeah, gotta talk Rudy in there a little bit.
Speaker 1: I didn't remember the Titans over that.
Speaker 4: Though, football movies might be my favorite, You're right, Football is a cool Sport, The.
Speaker 1: Best Baseball Movie forty two.
Speaker 4: It was made by Wait you just said that, you didn't think that was a good Oh, I'm sorry, sixty one. Get my numbers mixed up? Sorry sixty one. The year was nineteen sixty one. I would disagree to Sama and Babe Ruth's baseball home run record.
Speaker 1: Maris Roger Merris broke it.
Speaker 4: But the guy that plays Roger Marris everybody in that movie, Billy Crystal made this movie, and it's about the Yankees.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 4: But it's the best baseball movie I've ever seen. I think it might have been made for HBO. Oh really, Yeah, it's one of those movies that when I bring it up and I say the greatest baseball movie of all time, I get one.
Speaker 1: Of those I've never even heard of that rod. It is so good. I'm telling you, if I can get one of you to watch that movie, it's it's my favorite.
Speaker 4: You don't have to be a Yankees fan. It's it's historical. It's historical what what Roger Maris went through. They didn't want him, they didn't want him to break that. Nobody wanted Babe Bruce record to go down, you know.
Speaker 1: But they did it. They did it right.
Speaker 4: There was no there was no juicing, there was no nothing that they played more games.
Speaker 1: You know, there was all of that. There's you learn a lot, you learn a ton, but you learn a lot about Mickey Mantle.
Speaker 5: I mean they were kind of like drunks half the time too, which is impressive that they were still able to go out and do that.
Speaker 4: Making crap money, living together in crappy apartments in New York. Living together there's whitey Ford and crashing on the couch.
Speaker 1: They didn't have any money. None of these guys had money. They weren't getting paid any other jobs. Some of they were working, and they were working the off season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they sure were happy Opening Day everybody. I believe the overtime word today for Read my Lips was going to be grand salami.
Speaker 1: Oh he been good.
Speaker 4: I do believe that was going to be the overtime word that was sent in by several people this morning. Uh, it was a great round of Reading my Lips today. You can go check that out on the podcast later if you missed it. I got tickets to go see BlackBerry Smoke tomorrow night seven one to three Music Hall.
Speaker 1: If you'd like a pair of tickets.
Speaker 4: You can come at me right now seven one, three, two, two, five nine four five Rock and Alternative.
Speaker 6: Use to the Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 13: The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Welcome back, everybody, and go over to the phones.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Rob Ryan's show, Little little dhing Yo.
Speaker 4: Who is this Dante? Hey Dante, good morning?
Speaker 2: How are you good? Hey man?
Speaker 1: You're calling him ten. I'm gonna give you these tickets to.
Speaker 4: Go see BlackBerry Smoke tomorrow night, seven to one to three Music Hall.
Speaker 1: All right, Craze, thank you, Dante. I appreciate you listening.
Speaker 18: I have you guys set up like this in my heart, I have you preset ninety four or five first one, I think.
Speaker 11: I have you Rot Ryan and Tho.
Speaker 6: I have a.
Speaker 1: Well bring them out already. Know you're there.
Speaker 2: We're listen.
Speaker 1: We're listening to your precepts. This is fantastic. Yeah, this is fantastic.
Speaker 4: That's the whole thing right now, my company. It's the biggest thing that gets the rocks off right now is getting those presets, locking in those presets. So Dante, it sounds like you have done that, so thank you very much. Everyone else. Yeah, there's a preset thing. Just like your old school radio buttons and put us on there as your presets. Then you can just kind of click back and forth and listen to the show and find us easily and all that stuff. Dante, have a great time at that show tomorrow night, you Ladle Ladle online, Kid's Alegs Online ninety four to five The Muddy What you're doing today, King of the Ladles?
Speaker 5: Yeah, today you're looking at groceries from nineteen ninety five and trying to see if we can guess how.
Speaker 1: Much they want. Okay, why you want to do this? Because it was right found. You never know how good you have it. It's only until when you look back.
Speaker 4: I'm sure we were bitching and complaining in ninety five about our fifty cent eggs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well the eggs are one of them. But how much did a two liter soda typically costs two leaders of soda ninety one cents seventy nine cents two dollars.
Speaker 4: Or one nineteen oh god one nineteen no seventy nine cents seventy nine cents a whole two lead And I probably did this thing on the radio. How ridiculous crazy soda prices are going through the root they're seventy nine cents for a two liter.
Speaker 1: But there's a bunch of.
Speaker 5: Things like that, So go check it out and see how good you used to have it at the one famous Rid Ryan Show page.
Speaker 1: The Glies dot com. It's just upset people, guys. Throwback Thursday.
Speaker 13: Cracker.
Speaker 4: It's a three horse race. Everyone's in the thirty percentile range right now. The winning song is gonna be played at nine thirty. It could be Saliva, it could be Cracker, it could be Fuel. You have to get your votes in through.
Speaker 2: The bus ninety four or five.
Speaker 4: The buzz that's bad omens. This is your Rod Ryan's Show Throwback Thursday. I have to give you the three minutes I have to. It is a three horse race. All three songs are fighting to be played. That doesn't always happen. Usually there's two songs battling it out. Sometimes it's a blow away or a runaway with one of the songs. But right now, I don't know what happened that Cracker just got a bunch of votes and it's gonna be close. It's gonna be close, so get those last minute votes in. I won't hit Refreshing until right at nine thirty and that's when we'll play we'll play this song. But thank you guys so much for voting this morning and hitting us up on the world famous rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com. I know a bunch of emails came in and people were asking me questions and I gotta keep talking about the rod Ryan.
Speaker 1: Show charity Golf Open.
Speaker 4: It's all benefiting Texas Adaptive Aquatics and we have this golf tournament coming up in a couple of weeks now right on the corner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Admiral Transfer and Rigging came in. Duke and CC.
Speaker 4: They come in every year and I don't I just don't assume they're gonna come in, but they have come in for the last couple of years and they've come in big, So thank you very much. To get that title sponsor out of.
Speaker 1: The way is so huge.
Speaker 4: But they have Carbox say okay, boom and then Grazzi Italian Kitchen. Yeah, we're gonna feed you guys Roosters Bar in Dayton, Texas. I'm sorry I missed your big anniversary. It was a couple of weeks ago out there. I just couldn't make it. But they're gonna come out and bring their party out to the golf course. Willie's ice House and Grill. I took a look at their menu. Geez, they're bringing the food again the Willi's ice House. They just want to be the hole. They want to be the hole that everybody hangs out. They want to be the whole that everybody gets yelled at for keep it moving. Yeah yeah, yeah, Like the old guy will Command that works at the course, right, the old the guy that's been at Wildcat since before it was Wildcat, and he's like, Rod, get these guys moving because everybody wants to hang out, play to play. Radia Yah Express craneon Rigging came in this year. Now we got the great Jim Adler. I think Bill's gonna be playing again this year. I heard that yesterday. Mainland Tool. Thank you, Yellowstone Landscape Company. I know that's a first time. Or thank you R and J Precision Welding, storm Busters of Texas and roofing Contractors, Richard and Sun's Service. Spaghetti Western. The meatballs, Dude, the meat the meatballs. The Spaghetti Western meatballs are so unbelievably groan obvious. Yeah, they bring those out all the time now, Porky's backyard. They're gonna be out there. That's awesome.
Speaker 1: Crowley Signing Graphics, thank you.
Speaker 4: Now, I was looking at these are like these are BUZ sponsors. There's different level of sponsorships that you can come in on. The easiest thing for you to do is sponsor a hole. Become a whole sponsor if you want to activate and set up out there. I know NEC signage is planning on putting together a whole thing and signing up or you know, putting together a table and giving out the little the little trinkets and all of that. Past the gravy podcast hole, there's a there's a bro there's a bro Brad hole.
Speaker 1: And now there's a chili hole. How about that? Everything you can ever want?
Speaker 4: These are paid sponsorships. All right, chili there's a chili hole. Who's your financial backing?
Speaker 1: I can't I can't relieve.
Speaker 11: Problems.
Speaker 1: There's a chili hole.
Speaker 12: Yeah, thank you brew Brad. He you know he's financing that. Plus he also has like a thing a sand trap. Really no, broke Brad is a tramp. That's what he told me. Also, I was like, all right.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 4: We need we need more whole sponsors. We need auction items, Chili.
Speaker 1: We need all We need auction items. People that make things.
Speaker 12: I mean like in the past, we've had a guy that does leather tuoling. She donated a backpack. So if you do anything like you know, artsy, like a few like you said, Astro season, you know they do like the Astros logo, it would and everything.
Speaker 11: You know what you know him and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: You know who reached out to me directly? Who is our friend Jessica, Not Jessica who used to be on the show. Jessica who makes those jackets.
Speaker 4: She she said, she's making us another Jean jacket.
Speaker 12: Yeah, she made that mattress mac well and then she made an Astro.
Speaker 1: With the rolling stones tongue.
Speaker 4: She's the one, yep, she's the one that did that whole jacket for the twentie anniversary show that we got signed and everything.
Speaker 1: Oh this when they.
Speaker 4: Ashley bought rightactly. Yeah, Like Jessica was responsible for putting that jacket together. So she's putting together another some kind of a special jacket for the tournament. So yeah, we need auction items, We need all that stuff all right, here we go. Voting is in almost seventeen hundred votes. Great Job, three hundred and fifty four votes for fuel Bittersweet, six hundred and forty three votes for Cracker teen.
Speaker 1: Angst seven hundred and one votes for.
Speaker 4: Saliva Always Josie Scott was just in town last night doing all the Saliva hits.
Speaker 1: I'm sure he did this one. Mom, it's so bad Thursday, whatever the hell that is. Here's your throwback Thursday winner. On ninety four five, the Bush host Jobe so Pad. It's telling me all these things that.
Speaker 21: You would probably Emma, you won only design im the reason for a mother reason.
Speaker 3: It's not that say can't breath?
Speaker 20: Says I can't.
Speaker 3: That's it. I just take it's not a solid. I'm done.
Speaker 1: Talking like you don't want me around. I guess self, tack all my things.
Speaker 4: I guess I feel around.
Speaker 3: It's a.
Speaker 2: Good bottle something to now.
Speaker 1: That's a walk out your song? Oh I cantin the.
Speaker 3: Sounds says always always always.
Speaker 1: Said, see way can't in.
Speaker 5: A breeze?
Speaker 3: What says get man?
Speaker 4: That's you?
Speaker 3: I take it.
Speaker 1: Stop, I say, hey see I get in with that.
Speaker 3: You sways.
Speaker 1: The blood all over.
Speaker 3: Your hands to sit make.
Speaker 23: You feel more like a man was sit on just a part of your plan. The pistol chicken in my hands and know like.
Speaker 1: Here is the sound, say si.
Speaker 3: S, I just can't take it, so say out the S S S with that seriales Gamesay.
Speaker 1: The rod Ryan Show. Great effects include mood Swings, Mood Swings.
Speaker 4: Ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Redhot Chili Peppers, and then Saliva before that turned out to be a really really good battle today for Throwback Thursday, thank you guys for casting your votes and getting over to the world famous rod Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot com. Nothing's coming close to the Fixtagram Thursday. She's local. Uh just got huge numbers this morning on links and guests, and thank you guys for for checking that out.
Speaker 1: I guess that's some thing that we're still interested around here, getting web numbers.
Speaker 4: Chance of rain Yeah, it's kind of been raining and it looks like it might be a little extra rainey on your way into the game. First pitch for Astro's opening day at three ten. You're gonna want to try to get involved in the street fest and all that stuff. Well, I don't know, you're gonna have to bring your goloshes. For sure, it's gonna be rainy down there. I was just talking about the golf tournament and how we have all these great sponsors coming in, and then you know, Chili was backing me up, backing my place, saying, hey, you know, we need some help with some auction items.
Speaker 1: And I forgot I had a box over here.
Speaker 4: My friend Mark Petricchlley has sent me a box and and I just opened it up, and man, is it cool. My friend Mark works for the band Sticks. He's out on the road with them autograph sticks, guitar. I mean, like Tommy Shaw. I mean like I'm just looking at this thing, and I'm like Jesus Christ, Like, there's Tommy Shaw right there.
Speaker 1: I mean, these are rock legends. There's Jay Why.
Speaker 4: They're amazing. Drummer Todd. Thank you, thank you Mark for getting this done. We have an autographed Sticks, the band you're listening to right now. Yeah, we have an autographed guitar that's going to be a part of the auction of one of our great auction items out there at the golf tournament.
Speaker 1: So, I mean, listen, this is this is the top of the mountain.
Speaker 4: Here when we get stuff like this, you know, but there's so many of you that have items and things that you make and some crafts and pinterestee and stuff. Man, let me know, I mean there's I can't imagine something that I would say no to. We bring in a couple extra bucks for Texas Adaptive Aquatics.
Speaker 1: I will do it.
Speaker 4: But Mark, thank you man, I'm thank you so much. Guitar is beautiful. It'll be on display and it will be available for auction at the tournament.
Speaker 1: Thank you so great.
Speaker 4: The last pair of tickets we're sitting on today Live Collective Soul the Summer Unity Tour. Our Lady Piece is also on this bill August fifteenth, seven to one to three Music Hall.
Speaker 1: What a what a bill man, what a what a lineup of hits?
Speaker 4: Keep the phone number handy seven one three two. Alex Is gonna have a question for you on No the show after this.
Speaker 15: The rod Ryan Morning Show six at ten am.
Speaker 9: The Buzz.
Speaker 4: Ninety four to five Buzz, Welcome back rod Ryan's Show. Okay, we got this last bit of business to get to. BUTO Boy Chilly backloaded an amazing ticket for you. Pair of tickets to see Live Collective Soul on the Summer Unity Tour, Our Lady Piece and Grayland James Rue on the bill August fifteenth at the seven one three Music Hall. Tickets are available through ticketmaster dot com or you can win them right now through Alex by answering his question, what's your another show question? Well, there's a player on the by.
Speaker 5: You've see him playing in the Sweet sixteen tonight and his great granddad invented.
Speaker 4: What oh yeah, because they're offering free ones yes right now? Uh seven one three two one two five nine four five, And I had one b y U. Guy reached out to me and said, dude, I went to school. I'm glad to see my schools get a little love on the show today. All right, what did great great grandpa invent? Seven one three, two one two five nine four five Rock Alternative ninety four five The buzz I wish you is.
Speaker 13: The bad for the Less?
Speaker 16: My friend.
Speaker 1: God dies all the Live June in If you do not want dine me again? I would a nurstand boy a bit do it safe. I think over the secret.
Speaker 20: Pain you love.
Speaker 1: You don't be long.
Speaker 3: You're the first to fight.
Speaker 23: You wait too loud, You're the first to light on the burials round.
Speaker 1: I know something from.
Speaker 11: With everyone.
Speaker 1: I know, we's got a reason.
Speaker 3: To say that the best way we say it step back from that last my friends.
Speaker 10: Cut dies for the life cube in living in.
Speaker 3: And you know us to steep me again, I will hear us the same.
Speaker 1: I will hear us thy well, it's m lady by his cord to code.
Speaker 15: And I do not think anyone knows.
Speaker 1: What there doing. He said about you've been dismissed. I never thought it would come in and and I I.
Speaker 3: Want you to know.
Speaker 1: And he once got your face down the demons.
Speaker 21: Maybe today you can put the past away and WHI you would step back from.
Speaker 1: That last, my friend, the cat ties normalized to be.
Speaker 3: Limited its you know of this thing, meig, I wouldn't up to stand. I wouldn't up the stand. I will understand you want that the way.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 3: That my.
Speaker 15: My and I under that.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go.
Speaker 4: Ninety four or five the bus dudeidelines jumper rod Ryan Shump getting ready to wrap things up.
Speaker 1: Thanks for hanging with us this morning. I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: I hope you made it through with this all this pesky rain we've been dealing with it's all right, man, it's opening day. It's opening day. It's all gonna work out, all right. You shouldn't be quite so rainy.
Speaker 1: And I'm your way in.
Speaker 4: I'm hoping if you're going, if you're lucky enough to be out there going to the game, I'll be like all the schlubs on the couches watching, watching or listening, watching or listening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, right. Both radio stations down the hall are carrying the game. K Let's talk seven nineties. It's a big deal. He sparks and Robert Ford on the call. Let's go peas now time for you know this show on ninety four to five The Buzz La La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la. Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Who's this dude?
Speaker 15: This is a Paul.
Speaker 1: Hi, Paul. How are you? I'm good, I'm good, Hill great, welcome to the show. I'll say if we can get you some great tickets here, Alex, what's your question? This is Paul, Paul.
Speaker 5: There's a player on the b YU team playing in the Sweet sixteen tonight. It's great granddad invented.
Speaker 1: What he invented? Tator tops. Yes, he did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's from the or Aida family or something like that. Yeah, congratulations, Paul, you're the winner. They're giving away free tater todds somehow. All this is explained on the food blog page. Today. You have now scored a pair of tickets to go see live Collective Soul, Our Lady Peace the Summer Unity Tour, August fifteenth, seventy one to three Music Hall congrants.
Speaker 2: Paul, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 4: That is a night full of nothing but hit song after hit song after hit song.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'm I'm ready to see live.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, they're back big time. All right, Paul, thanks for listening. Man, have a great day, Thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: Kirst Ross, all right, we gonna go.
Speaker 1: We gotta get ready for baseball. Here, Josh the.
Speaker 4: Goat he won today. Yeah, Brooklyn came into our lives. She had never played before. She's got a car full of kids. She challenged him on that first question and then he smoked her, but she said she was gonna call back.
Speaker 1: So Brooklyn, you did a great job today.
Speaker 4: I think she sounded like she was going not only does she have a carload of kids, but she was already.
Speaker 1: Going to like to teach kids.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so going too a classroom.
Speaker 1: I think right. They were all Josh fans. Yeah, Stephen, great job today.
Speaker 4: Stephen was nice enough to come down Stephen Harbert and he came down and beat Chili in Read my Lips. I mean just beat Chili. He beat the candy hat off his head. So thank you Steven for coming down and playing the game. If you would like to come down and play Read my Lips next week, you could take on Alex. You can sign up on the world famous rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com. Thank you to all the people that submitted words today. Thank you for voting on Throwback Thursday. All right, Donald is the one from North Houston that submitted today's throw out.
Speaker 1: Their fixed to Graham.
Speaker 4: Number one press, number one link today. Very impressive. Chili said he's gonna get her to play Read my Lips next week. We'll see tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Now listen, is there a new episode of Past the Gravy Up?
Speaker 5: Brand new episode, brand so you gotta go check it out. We talk about baseball, college basketball. We got in a little World War two talk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we uh power.
Speaker 5: Ranked Adams people named Adam, and then I talked about my wife being crecketed again.
Speaker 1: Holy cow. Yeah, we got a baby coming in September number two. Is that that you're busting that out?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then what you did yesterday on the pod, but you're busting that out on this show right now.
Speaker 1: That's what we talk about a little bit. You're having another kid. Yeah, Alex is having another baby. We knew, we knew. Congratulations by thank you.
Speaker 4: What does it take to qualify as an Irish twin?
Speaker 5: I think it has to be within the same year, so we're not Irish twins, but we're pretty like eleven months apart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pretty close. Yeah, just different years. Another baby on the way. Are you going to find out, like boy, girl all that show having a little girl? You're having a girl? Wow, hash that girl, dad, g old dad, dude. It's the best. Yeah it is. It is the best. So much fun with you saying go back through another line.
Speaker 4: Congratulations, funny, proud of you.
Speaker 1: Congratulations to Emma and Elle on her new system.
Speaker 4: Yeah, wow, that's great.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: I guess Reno has been in all week for for Jeremy. Reno is awesome. So Reno's up. He's gonna hold down the non stop noon or he'll get you a chance to pick some tickets in that one o'clock hour, and then we're on a twenty hour break, and then we'll wrap up the week next week with all of these tickets that we've been given away. I know we're gonna sneak in. I don't want to see too much. I think there might be two opportunities for new music tomorrow. I think one is going to be something that's going to start today at eleven o'clock. It's brand new music from Lincoln Park, World premiere at six o'clock, and then there's gonna be a chance to go see the band in San Francisco, so Theresa will have all this wold premiere stuff coming your way. Hopefully we'll get that song tomorrow morning, and then you might even get a chance to listen to another song, and we might do a little world premiere on The Rod Ryan Show tomorrow. So I'm hoping that happens. We're on a twenty hour break. Only the twenty hours will tell if we're gonna be able to pull this stuff off. Have an awesome day, everybody, go Astros Baseball is back, am F.
Speaker 1: Well, wasn't that fun? If you missed any of the show today, All the good stuff will be podcast.
Speaker 4: Check it out on the world
Speaker 1: Famous rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.