Speaker 1: Y'all ripped up.
Speaker 2: News need advice, so you don't have come running.
Speaker 3: Just as fast as we can, Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 4: Man, This is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 5: No Tom Martino, Hey Tom Martino here, welcome to the show. Three oh three Martino. You can see that number of your streaming our show if you download the show. And if you're downloading it you're at the gym one morning or even on a weekend or an evening, or you're listening at home and you want to get in on the show.
Speaker 1: Here's the great part about it.
Speaker 5: You can call, actually call the number and leave a message and Kachina's gonna get that message or sues or us or any of us, and we're gonna put you on the next show if you want three oh three Martino, three oh three six two seven, eighty four sixty six.
Speaker 1: And of course you can call it while we're live here as well.
Speaker 5: Also you can call the iHeart number, the UH three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five, and you.
Speaker 1: Can also text us. I'll get to that in a minute.
Speaker 5: Here, we have a good way for you to stay in touch with us well, let me just give you that right now. So we have the short code again five seven seven three nine, and that'll get you into us or any show. Really, if you put the name up there, it goes to the show. So put Tom, it comes to me. You can put mark two, it'll come to us and the anyway. Also, you can also text me privately on my cell phone, and really it is it's forwarded right to my cell phone. Seven four seven nine fifty two eighty. Now is Barry in the house today?
Speaker 2: He is.
Speaker 1: He's looking very dapper feeling. Okay, well, get that camera up. Let's get that camera up and running camera.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, I'm sorry, it's not coming up on my board, which means that.
Speaker 1: It's not the right link.
Speaker 6: Send a link again and on the first break I'll launch it.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: Anyway, Well, welcome Barry, thank you for being here. We got some exciting news to announce with Barry and me, and but first I want to talk about Barry himself, and then I want to go to callers. Callers always get priority on any topic, So let's go to the callers first, and then we'll talk to Barry and about his investment program. And it's really more of a real estate it's just basically becoming a landlord. Here's what I say, become a landlord without the conventional risks and hassles and pains in the ass. Really, they handle almost every aspect of it for you. No one can control the market, but what they have been doing is buying and selling in such a way that you're getting actual, verified returns of.
Speaker 1: Anywhere from what to what.
Speaker 7: Barry the lowest forty two percent now and the normal most forty two to fifty eight percent.
Speaker 2: The exceptions are above it.
Speaker 7: Occasionally we find land a super deal with the.
Speaker 5: End is that a year or over the holding Over the holding period you're talking that is.
Speaker 2: For one year.
Speaker 7: They're doubling almost everybody now and has for four plus years doubling their money.
Speaker 5: How long are we going to be able to ride this, Barry, Well, I'm just getting in on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and I want to stay in on it.
Speaker 7: The riding this is is likely the following answer for at least nineteen of the next twenty years.
Speaker 2: Why we all come on, we always know the market.
Speaker 5: But I thought places, I thought real estate prices were exaggerated, and we don't have a lot more upside.
Speaker 7: There's a lot of upside when the median price is two hundred and seventy five thousand dollars in great markets. And there always are great markets, yep, one of them.
Speaker 5: That's the secret finding the great markets. Festerturnkey dot com. Let me talk to Kim. Kim, what's going on?
Speaker 8: What happened? Was Tom? I ended up getting a divorce from my ex wife.
Speaker 1: It was? And when did you get the divorce?
Speaker 2: Sir?
Speaker 8: Okay, what's that? Well? I'm John.
Speaker 1: When was it finalized?
Speaker 8: Like a year ago or so? And they gave.
Speaker 1: Us okay, so go ahead, I let it.
Speaker 8: They let us cohabitate. I stayed in my woodshop that I belt Wait a minute.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute.
Speaker 5: As part of the final divorce decree, they let you stay there and your wife obviously obviously you both had to agree to this in the in the terms and stuff. And so did you guys go to mediation or did you have an attorney?
Speaker 1: How did it work?
Speaker 8: We didn't have any mediation. We did during COVID, So we did this thing over the phone. We got that's for it.
Speaker 1: That's what that is mediation. Yes, good, well, let let well let me get the results.
Speaker 5: Let me get the results. Your divorce was finalized last year, and you and you were allowed to cohabitate where in the garage and the attic?
Speaker 1: Where in my shop?
Speaker 8: Yes, that's right.
Speaker 1: I did my chase from And how long did they give you to get out of there?
Speaker 8: It was? It went on and on and on because I couldn't get heard of, so.
Speaker 5: I know, But what did the what did what did the decree say about what was supposed? Obviously they didn't leave it that you were going to live there forever?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 8: No, they didn't give us any set time really at that time. And then when they did, really.
Speaker 5: It was never addressed. It was never addressed. Six months, a year, ten years, never not one word.
Speaker 8: Well you can see what they wrote in the thing. It didn't say much to nothing. I mean I didn't. They were supposed to get a mediator. I mean I never got a funk calls boy. Anyways, she ended up telling the house.
Speaker 1: So who wrote hold on? Who wrote up this order? Kim? Did you have an attorney?
Speaker 8: I don't. I can't afford to her and I had a stroke.
Speaker 1: Did she have Did she have an attorney? Kim? I don't need stories right now? Did Kim? Did she have an attorney?
Speaker 5: I do not okay, okay, who wrote up this decree that the judge ordered as the final decree?
Speaker 1: Who wrote it up? I'm not sure, tom, Okay.
Speaker 5: I think her attorney. Did you see when you don't have an attorney? And yeah, he would write, but you had to agree to this stuff in the in the agreement, so.
Speaker 8: They have to read it, and they let us stay in this cohabitate. And then I went and seeing the judge. Well, halfway through the judge retired Albo County and then another judge that didn't even or anything.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so here's what I need to know. What are you calling about today? Are you still at the house?
Speaker 8: No? No, no, she sold the house. She took all the money, and I have nowhere to stay, Joe, I don't know. All as I want is half of my money. I don't want to you know, but you.
Speaker 1: Well, well hold on now, hold on, hold on, man, Kim.
Speaker 5: Did the divorce decree say that you split the equity in the home? Yes, okay, so obviously then when what when did the house close.
Speaker 8: About? Let's see, I don't know about three four months ago? I guess, Well, are you.
Speaker 2: On the deed?
Speaker 8: No, I was not. But the judge, the male judge, he said that didn't matter at all. It's still fifty to fifty.
Speaker 1: We've been together for No, No, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 5: But you have a document saying you get half of the net profit or equity. You don't get half of the price because they take out commissions.
Speaker 1: Okay, So what was the what was the total property?
Speaker 8: It was seven and thirty thousand.
Speaker 5: Total, and you were supposed to get half of that. Well, take her back to court. She can't keep that money.
Speaker 8: Well I know that, but how can I get it? I can't get it?
Speaker 5: Well, okay, now listen bro Oh wait a minute. You can find an attorney to take this case because you got money coming. Okay, did you have an attorney? You got to tell me something, tell me something. Did you have an attorney review your decree?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, then how do you know you can't? Kim? Kim, how do you know you can't get an attorney?
Speaker 5: How do you know you can't get an attorney?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 5: So you're telling me when you call an attorney, they say, Kim, we're not going to talk to you.
Speaker 1: We're taking no new clients. Is that what they say?
Speaker 8: They talk to me, and then I have to have five thousand dollars up front and I don't have a job.
Speaker 5: Okay, there's something called hold on If that's why I said this. An attorney with brains who looks at a decree can decide if there is a leanable interest in the case. They can then lean the case and take the case. So we just have to find an attorney who is not so busy they don't want to bother with it. There might be some attorneys too busy for it. But if you're if you're going to get three hundred and sixty thousand or three hundred and fifty thousand.
Speaker 9: Is this?
Speaker 5: Did she or her attorney make any attempt to get you money? What did the title company do?
Speaker 8: I don't even know the title company's name?
Speaker 10: I have.
Speaker 1: Well, how do you know.
Speaker 5: She didn't spend the money? How do you know she didn't Where is she now?
Speaker 8: She I don't know. I think she went back to Florida maybe or something.
Speaker 1: I have no idea.
Speaker 8: I can't get old tried, you know, and tried and tried.
Speaker 5: Well, then kim you okay, then you're not gonna You're not going to be able to sue her.
Speaker 1: You can't find.
Speaker 8: Her, Well, I can find her. I mean, if I go find her, I can find her. I know she's one of the two places. She's probably with her parents in Florida.
Speaker 5: Or put this money? Does she really? But does she understand, Kim? And I don't need a long story? Did she understand? Like, during the process of selling it, did she say to you, I know you get half of this or is she claiming she has?
Speaker 8: She did she said I would never do something like that to you, and the book sold underneath me and I was I never got on hearing from her anymore.
Speaker 5: Hey, Tom, how long how long were you too? Wait a minute, doctor, please? How long were you guys married?
Speaker 8: Forty out thirty? About thirty six years?
Speaker 1: How long are you in that home?
Speaker 8: Twenty? Prombly? I'd say, all.
Speaker 1: Right, have you called her attorney? Since this? Have you called her attorney? Just? What's that?
Speaker 8: I don't even know. I don't even know her name, Tom, I'm so confused on everything. It's just it's crazy, han't.
Speaker 1: Kim, Kim? How old? How old are you? Howld a you? Kim?
Speaker 8: Uh? Sixty five this year?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 5: You sound kind of like, why are you so confused. I mean, it's very basic. You have a divorce decree, you have things in writing.
Speaker 8: I had a joke, and I'm not like I used to be.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, Kim, all right now I understand him. I understand you need your money. You need your money.
Speaker 1: Question how long ago? Wait?
Speaker 2: Doc?
Speaker 1: Just one second?
Speaker 5: Yes, I didn't forget you, Doc, Kim, how long ago did you have your stroke?
Speaker 8: Right after? It's been two years?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, go ahead, Doc.
Speaker 11: Well, I just want to know how much was the equity in the house and how much is available after the sale.
Speaker 1: We already told him. He already said that, Doc.
Speaker 5: He said that in the very beginning, seven hundred and thirty thousand dollars.
Speaker 12: That's after taking out with the house.
Speaker 8: It was paid to her in cash. Toue. I found that out.
Speaker 1: I hope she still has it.
Speaker 5: I do too, because you'd be do you know what Here's there's no crime here.
Speaker 1: So if she spent that money, do you.
Speaker 5: Know how long it would take her to pay you back three hundred and fifty thousand dollars unless she bought a house and then he could put a lean on it. But you know, Kim, we can't fool around. We have to talk to an attorney for you and explain what's going on. I think you're your first enemy. I think when you talk to attorneys you confuse the hell out of them.
Speaker 1: And I don't especially.
Speaker 5: If you say you I had to pull out the information I needed from you. And I don't think you're describing your case properly, because any decent attorney would want this case. Hold on three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Waterpros dot net the best water systems, the lowest prices. That's the drill you call them, and I'm telling you you will never find better water. By the way, you can look up their podcasts about water on YouTube water pros and it's Paul the Waterman. Here's the bottom line, thirty one ninety five. Get you a whole house softening conditioning, get rid of the forever chemicals, plus drinking water, reverse osmosis. It's unbelievable. Plumbers would cost four five times that. That's waterpros dot at three oh three eight six two five five five four. So go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 1: Help.
Speaker 5: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're troubleshooter. We will get an attorney on to talk about that with Kimber right now, let me move on to other callers. Then we have Barry. We're going to be talking about the stere turnkey. Please hang on. That's a very important question people are going to have. Valerie wants to talk about State Farm. Valerie, what's going on with you? What's happening?
Speaker 13: Well, for about a year going on a year and a half now, I've been trying to fight with State Farm to get something done with my thought that happened in my condo also went down into the neighbors. But they do it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Valerie, I want to I want to ask a few questions, Okay, Okay, you own this. I assume you own the condo and you were living in it.
Speaker 13: No, I was taking care of my mom on the other side of town, and that's why I wasn't there when the pilot light went out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, when the pilot light went out, what happened at froze?
Speaker 13: Yeah, the the lower air filters broke and the upper fast broke also.
Speaker 5: So so you have your mechanical. Is your mechanical in the ceiling?
Speaker 1: No, not that I know what what actually broke? Tell me how it actually flooded? What?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 1: Where did water come from?
Speaker 13: The water came from well out of the water. When the air filters break and the fawcet breaks, then that's where it came out.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't understand the air filter you're talking about.
Speaker 13: If that part I don't get right there underneath the sink and they broke. Yeah, okay, do you do you live on a bottom on the bottom floor. No, No, you know you don't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, So it was that cold. It was that cold that when your heat went out. So when your heat went out, it really caused major coldness, or I mean you really got frozen inside there and it broke a Piper.
Speaker 13: Two right exactly.
Speaker 5: And I'll tell you this is one of the reasons I think they're not paying. And by the way, with a condo insurance it works differently, but that would be something in your unit that would be covered, and you would also be covered for the liability for someone else that you damage. But the reason they're not covering it, I'll tell you right now, is because.
Speaker 1: It was vacant.
Speaker 13: Well, they said they would cover it, and they had people out, and so I'm getting them out of.
Speaker 5: Thirty Then well, ok, then let me ask you another way. Then let me put it another way. What was your formal rejection for Why did they reject it?
Speaker 13: Well, they didn't reject they Oh so.
Speaker 1: In other words, they're going to pay you. They just been wait they are paying.
Speaker 13: Yeah, they did pay, but they didn't pay three hundred sum that the company that came out and kept telling me they were going to put me to creditors. But I said, well, it's not.
Speaker 1: Done with y Valerie.
Speaker 5: How much right now, let's just get right to it. How much? I just need raw numbers, no stories. What was the total amount of damage?
Speaker 13: Well, they had something like thirteen thousand written down.
Speaker 1: Who no, who had something like thirteen thousand.
Speaker 13: Day Farm people that I've been talking to all this time.
Speaker 5: Okay, did you ever have a contractor come in and give you a total estimate?
Speaker 13: A regular contractor besides State Farm?
Speaker 5: Yes, State Farm's not a contractor. Their insurance people and.
Speaker 13: They ye the reconstruction.
Speaker 5: But the contractors they call, the contractors that State Farm will call will cheap it out because they want to do what's best for State Farm.
Speaker 13: Now, you should have called people they work with, because I didn't know anyone, which.
Speaker 1: Wasn't very Okay, I see, I get it. Okay.
Speaker 5: So you asked, hey, do you have any contractors? And they had contractors come in, and that's what I need to know before we go any more further. What was the total amount? Did you say the total amount? Thirteen thousand?
Speaker 13: Yeah, I'm trying to find it.
Speaker 5: Is that to your unit and to the neighbors unit or is that just your unit?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 13: That would just be mine. It was thirteen thousands, okay.
Speaker 2: Got it?
Speaker 5: Okay, So thirteen thousand in damage? And then are you telling me how much have they actually paid outs?
Speaker 1: And what was your deductible?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 13: One thousand I paid that okay.
Speaker 1: So they're going to pay you twelve right, Yeah, I'm more.
Speaker 13: Or less, you know, I haven't got the paper in front of me right now, I get it.
Speaker 1: How much have they paid out so far?
Speaker 13: Everything but the three hundred, three hundred and sixteen dollars. I had to pay half upfront and half of the other half. And they said they weren't.
Speaker 1: Wait wait, but you already paid.
Speaker 5: You already paid your thousand dollars deductible. Yeah, so you have paid one thousand dollars towards the towards the damage. State Farm has paid the rest, and the only thing left right now is three hundred.
Speaker 13: Three hundred and sixteen. Yeah, they and plus they're not.
Speaker 5: That's what you're calling about. I want to get this straight. That's what you're calling about today. Three hundred and sixteen dollars.
Speaker 13: And the time they're not doing the tiling they refuse and their tolls and the tiling, so you know from the okay.
Speaker 1: Now the tiling what tiling? What tiling? Are we talking about? Floor tiling?
Speaker 13: That was next to the place where it leaked in all between refrigerators and I.
Speaker 1: Think it wasn't tile on the is it? Is it on the counter? The backsplash or the floor.
Speaker 13: It's on the floor, okay.
Speaker 5: Well there's tile on blacksplashes sometimes. Okay, so your tile floor. So the three hundred and something bill they're not paying, that's three hundred and something. How much is the tile they're not paying for?
Speaker 13: Well, I haven't had a thing done, so you know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, how much will it be? You didn't get it estimated?
Speaker 13: No, because no, they're not going to do it.
Speaker 11: Okay, Why well they're motioning a tile if they're reconstruction people exactly.
Speaker 13: And they said no. And then of course when they pulled the washing machine out, the dishwasher out so many times, it broke the countertop, which is one of those tipper countertops. But they said they're not going to do that. There's a big couch in it.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, Wait a minute, Wait a minute. What's the name of the contractor, John Lingo, John Lean Express or whatever? Yeah, express, right, John Lean l e A n no ling l y n G.
Speaker 13: I believe John Line Line.
Speaker 1: Okay, got it, I got it. I got it. Okay.
Speaker 5: So and this was this was State Farm.
Speaker 1: State Farm recommended them.
Speaker 13: Yeah, that was recommendation.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: So so I don't know what Matt, what would Matt Paragon? What Paragon say Mark about this? Do you think? I mean, he's not going to take this case for three hundred bucks. But I'm wondering if there's but there's tile and all that. But wait a minute, But if there's tile involved, there might be a lot of other stuff they should pay for that they're not paying.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean there could be. I mean it's worth giving him a call. Where are you locating?
Speaker 13: Well, my condo is out east and I'm out west.
Speaker 6: Where where it's an additional ten thousand dollars?
Speaker 1: Matt's looking at a grand Yeah, where are we looking? Where is your condo? In general? Just tell me the town.
Speaker 13: By fair amount drive an ell Ametos So it's by Fairmount Cemetery.
Speaker 5: Okay, it's not terrible. Here's what I would do right now. A public adjuster, by the way, is someone that you hire to go over your policy and to make sure your insurance company is being fair with you. Now, it's not the adjuster the insurance company sends out. It's one that works for you.
Speaker 13: Okay.
Speaker 1: They only charge on what they collect. Okay, there might not be enough.
Speaker 5: There might not be enough there for him to mess with because he just gets a small part of it. But he could give you some advice, or he could find a lot more that you were supposed to get that you did not get. Because it seems to me you never had anyone advocating for you.
Speaker 1: No, well, I.
Speaker 5: Think now we ought to turn those tables and you should get someone advocating for you. Mark off the off hand, do you have Do you have the number? I'll put it in here, see if I can get it real quick?
Speaker 12: Valley? What's the name you have? Development?
Speaker 1: I have it? I haven't.
Speaker 13: It's called which Village?
Speaker 15: Two?
Speaker 13: I believe? Yeah? What's high Village anyway?
Speaker 2: Really amazing?
Speaker 1: Why do you care? Why do you care?
Speaker 5: Doc?
Speaker 12: Why do we care about it?
Speaker 13: It's Eye Building off Valencia?
Speaker 12: Okay, No, I know exactly which development she's in.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, okay, So here's Paragon ready his phone number set?
Speaker 1: Paragon Services Matt Stanford.
Speaker 5: When you talk to Matt, you simply say, look, I just need to know of I'm being treated fairly, and don't don't give them a lage. I just say they've paid all but a few hundred bucks, but they refuse to do my tile. And they broke my counter And I just want you to give him a call and ask him he might come over and take a look. Seven to one nine seven to seven two six zero zero two zero.
Speaker 13: Oh, that'd be great. Yep, that'll help.
Speaker 5: Call him and let us know what he says he might be able to help you. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three three seven to one three talk three O three seven one three A two five five.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: Now we have a Bonnie Shield's attorney at law. I want to get to Kim because that was a very serious issue. And then Dean has a tax question that I want to get to Vestera turnkey too. So Bonnie Shields, Attorney at law, Bonnie Shields Law dot com.
Speaker 1: Bonnie, this is a weird one.
Speaker 5: I didn't see the decree, but I had a question for you, a procedural question. Kim was divorced a year and a half ago and he was allowed to live in his shop at the house until they sold the house. Okay, they sold the house and he had to move, and the divorce decree says he gets half of the net proceeds, but his wife moved to Florida and never never distributed the money. The reason the title insurance did excuse me, the title company didn't is he wasn't on deed. Now for the divorce decree, the judge said, that doesn't matter if you're on the deed. You guys lived there forty years, it's half yours and there was no dispute.
Speaker 1: They agreed to that.
Speaker 5: That divorce decree specified he gets fifty percent of net proceeds. He can't get them. That's now the net proceeds. He says, I find it hard to believe. Now, wait a minute, Kim, I should ask you this. When you said seven hundred and thirty. Was that the total price of the sale of the house or was that your profit.
Speaker 8: He got from the people about the house and never didn't cash that.
Speaker 5: He didn't have a more Kim, Kim. Was the house paid for? Was the house paid for?
Speaker 8: It was paid for?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I don't know why you make a big deal about cash. She sold the house for seven hundred and thirty thousand dollars. It doesn't matter if it was carrots. She sold it for a purchase price of seven hundred and thirty thousand plus. Is that after commissions? You got to take all the commissions out and all of that? Did you do all that math?
Speaker 8: Right? Well, she got Jevin and thirty thousand dollars for the price of the house.
Speaker 5: That's what she all right, So let's just say let's say let's say even at even at six hundred thousand, Bonnie, he would have three hundred coming to him. Okay, Now here's what I want to ask as here's what I want to ask as an attorney. He said, I can't get anyone to represent me. I don't have five thousand dollars up front. So here's what I'm asking you. I've heard of this once, especially when it came to divorces, and I wondered if it's possible if you looked at the divorce decree and you saw that it was pretty clearly spelled out, and then you saw the closing docs, or you see that this man does have no matter what, he has a clean case forgetting let's say three hundred or three point fifty. Is there such thing as taking a case like this and putting a lean on the uh on the award?
Speaker 16: Well, isn't it already gone? Isn't she off the Florida with her money?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: But what I'm saying is can't that be clawed back? Are you saying attorneys don't want to get involved in that?
Speaker 16: No, I'm saying, I'm wan you're saying last year. I want to know how old is this? Like, I don't know if this is a a He could get a judgment, Okay, he could reduce the amount he was supposed to get to a judgment and the okay, that judgment. I mean, that's one way to do.
Speaker 6: It, right, Yeah, but no, no, so Bonnie Bonnie, the one part, the one part I want to explain.
Speaker 5: He has zero money, He's living in his truck. I'm asking if they're truly. Yeah, but if there's truly an award coming and an attorney can see that.
Speaker 6: Award, she could have already got why outed that money by some romeo in Florida. So I guess that's the risk, right, Bonnie, Even if you put a lien on it, if she's spent it all, there's nothing he can do about it.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I mean, how do you put a lien on You can put a lean on a bank account, you can. I know what should have happened, and the court could have put in an.
Speaker 5: Order that the title I saw the reason I'd be the only reason I mentioned it, Bonnie.
Speaker 1: I saw a divorce one time where they.
Speaker 5: Had a sizeable estate but she had no cash, and the attorney took the case and filed a lean on the case. That's I mean, it really happened. I don't know if it's normal or how they do that, but that lean had to be satisfied before she could get her money.
Speaker 16: Right, we're late or too late to that party?
Speaker 1: Oh please, no money?
Speaker 13: You kid.
Speaker 16: Just can't put a lien on some money that she got. It had to be and I'm not a collections expert by any stress.
Speaker 1: Tom, But no, no, I get it.
Speaker 13: What you're talking.
Speaker 16: About is that that attorney put a lien on the house.
Speaker 5: And there's some or put a lien on whatever the proceeds or whatever, and the and the court recorded the lean and it was understood in fact, both attorneys did it because they had no money, and so both attorneys worked for and they had to submit their bills to be paid before the proceeds were divided to the spouses. Right, Okay, but what you're saying is now this is after the fact. You can't we can't say, wait a minute, he's supposed to get this, so let's put a lien on what he's supposed to get.
Speaker 15: Right.
Speaker 16: So, well, here's what I'm wondering is if maybe somebody in the collections field could find out and somebody else that could find out has she bought property, because he could put a lien on that. There's not a central location where you can find out. If somebody has a bank account, well, I'm not sure how to find out somebody in the bank account. This could be reduced to a judgment and you could put a lien on a bank account.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's talk about that.
Speaker 5: How would he First of all, to get it reduced to a judgment, he would first have to have a decree that spells it out. Then he'd have to have closing docs to show what it was. I mean, that would take that would take a hearing of some kind, right well.
Speaker 16: Not necessarily, not at all. But I think the trickiest part is going to be getting the closing documents because the title company is not going to want to disclose though, right so, I'm not sure if there's a way around it the real estate agent, if they would provide those, or if you're going to have to actually get a court order. I mean, and in that case, maybe it is filing some sort of case against.
Speaker 5: The title You know what's funny, Hurt, she had an attorney, She had an attorney, and as an officer of the court, if he would call that attorney and say, look, I want the closing docs. You know, I was part of the decree. Couldn't that attorney do that just to be a mensch?
Speaker 13: They could.
Speaker 16: He could also go back in through the divorce case if the attorney wouldn't cooperate, and through the divorce case, he could get a court order for her to hand over that closing information. Then he knows that so much heat from the closing, when he knows what she walked away with, then he could reduce that to a judgment. And that's not going to require a hearing.
Speaker 13: But I don't know, Kim.
Speaker 16: Somebody take it on a contingency basis.
Speaker 5: You might No, Yeah, it's going to be hard, Kim. Kim, let me ask you something, man, I'm wondering, if we go the collection route, just keep it out of family altogether and just go collection route, maybe a frank ball would happen.
Speaker 1: You still got to get a judgment. He's got to convert that.
Speaker 6: He's got to go through every step she just said to convert that into a judgment first, right, that's right, and that's tim.
Speaker 16: Will be a few hours of attorney time. I don't think you're going to find someone to do that on contingency. But it is not going to require it's not going to require a hearing. So it's not a huge deal. It's not a huge but I'd start by just asking the attorney if you can get it, and then you literally just file a motion asking the court to convert it to a judgment. Then you and you file a blank judgment. I mean it's filled out and the judge just signs it. So it's pretty easy to get that judgment if it comes.
Speaker 13: Out of a court order.
Speaker 16: Because the court looks at their order and they know that it's right. It's pretty easy to get the judgement.
Speaker 5: And then he's got a finder. No, I know there's a lot involved here. Hold on, I got to take this break out. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 1: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Wait time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 1: Help.
Speaker 5: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Wait, I think we exhausted that topic.
Speaker 5: Hi, I'm Tom Martino, Dean. What is your question on taxes?
Speaker 14: Dean?
Speaker 17: Hey Tom, how are you doing today?
Speaker 1: Good man? What's going on?
Speaker 17: Here's the issue. I rented some equipment to a guy last year, and uh it kind of ended on a sour note. He was kind of abusing my stuff.
Speaker 3: I couldn't get along with him.
Speaker 17: I was trying to work with him using equipment, so I just like.
Speaker 5: Wait, wait, wait, were you renting equipment to Were you renting your equipment to this person?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, Mike, good, go ahead.
Speaker 18: But what happened to the day we parted way?
Speaker 17: And uh so, near the end of the year, his wife was sending me request for a W nine.
Speaker 5: All right, hold on, this sounds sneaky. Okay, that might be a tax scam. Hang on, and we'll talk about that coming right up. And then we're gonna get to Vesteraturnkey dot com. I promise go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 1: You don't pay a cent until you're contenth.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 8: Ripped Up.
Speaker 19: News.
Speaker 1: You need advice so you don't have.
Speaker 2: Don't come running just.
Speaker 16: As fast as we can show Shooter's gonna help coming man.
Speaker 4: This is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 5: No Tom Martine, Hi Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. And this show is the only show that actually you solved fraums, answer questions, take complaints, make your.
Speaker 1: Life a little easier.
Speaker 5: This is brought to you by frankarand the real Estate Man dot com. He'll make your life easier by telling you what your house will sell for before you even list it. Because he's has so much experience in this market. He does a complete true analysis for no charge, no obligation. Really it takes into all market aspects like the interest rates, the comps, supply and demand, all of that anyway. Call him three oh three nineteen zero sixteen twenty two Frank rand the real Estate Man dot com. Speaking of real estate, we have Barry Miller with us. And Barry, if I was to ask you to describe your program in a paragraph or less, really, how would you do it?
Speaker 1: Because I know how I do it? How do you do it.
Speaker 7: I do it by saying, thorough research and extensive research finds the best economies and marketplace for residential properties for consumers who want maximum growth, like forty five to fifty percent annual returns in the most safe environment known to investing. You can have it both ways, highest return, highest safety because of our extensive research and it's turnkey. We handle all the details for the consumer. They could sit back and watch their money double in two years.
Speaker 1: Now here's the other thing. I like.
Speaker 5: Okay, and because I'm doing it with you, and when I say and I'll explain that more.
Speaker 1: But I believe in the program.
Speaker 5: So a person becomes a landlord, but they're really not running around fixing things or doing things. And it's not in Denver, it's not in Colorado. And that's a good thing because but why I know is this. If you have dozens of clients, let's say that go into a hot market because you've identified it, and then you guys start selling, you're actually raising the comps and kind of decreasing the viability of that market by your own performance. Does that make sense?
Speaker 7: It's theoretically economically it makes sense, but that's not what happens because while we have a good share of those markets, not enough share, and we don't sell instantly. We're not selling all of the same time. That's what makes the Oh.
Speaker 1: That's right, okay. And the whole time is between what is the whole time?
Speaker 7: Usually the whole time it is usually two to two and three quarter years. Literally, we have it down to two years and two and three quarter years because we put seasonality on when a customer should sell their home to get maximum dollars. So it's under three years, and they're doubling their money and selling one good, great property and buying two good, great properties at no out of pocket money.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: Now let's talk to Dean with his tax question. Dean, so let's uh, let's do your story here. You rented out equipment to somebody. It did not work out. He wasn't he wasn't doing I imagine this is heavy equipment we're talking about.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 17: Yeah, and he wasn't taking care of it.
Speaker 20: He was abusive.
Speaker 4: I had to tell him, what is.
Speaker 5: The situation right now? Then tell me about the situation right.
Speaker 17: So what happened is his wife was bugging about filling out a W nine. Later in last year at twenty four.
Speaker 5: I would like, now, a W nine is something that you would fill out if you worked for them.
Speaker 17: Exactly, he's trying to use a ten ninety nine for a rental.
Speaker 1: Well, actually don't even.
Speaker 5: Know if I paid you. Well, a lot of people get confused. A lot of people get confused about this. And you can go both ways. I actually used to have people like they pay me an endorsement fee, let's say, and I would have people want me that they would send me a ten ninety nine for the money they paid me, right, that would be income. And I said, well, well, well it's a ten ninety nine meaning, but it was improper in that I'm a corporation.
Speaker 1: They're a corporation.
Speaker 5: And it's like I asked them, do you send ten ninety nine's to your grocery store?
Speaker 1: Do you send ten ninety nine's to your car dealer? You know you don't.
Speaker 5: You don't, But it doesn't do you any harm because the ten ninety nine you're going to claim the income anyway. So you just put the ten ninety nine into your tax. And here's what I had to do. Here's where it got me.
Speaker 6: Listen, if you don't put it comes down to this though, you issue a ten ninety nine to anybody you paid over, I believe it's six hundred bucks other than a corporation.
Speaker 1: That's it. That's right. But Mark here, here's what he did. You got hold on one.
Speaker 3: You finished, but I don't want.
Speaker 5: You to finish yet because I want to say this to get the right information out for people listening.
Speaker 1: Okay, then you can finish your story.
Speaker 5: But when we're on the topic, they do issue them to corporations, and they do it in error.
Speaker 1: But when they do.
Speaker 5: Issue it, it would be wrong for you not to include it because you end up getting dinged. I'm going to tell you from personal experience. When you get a ten ninety nine, whether it was issued an error or not, you put it.
Speaker 1: On your tax return.
Speaker 5: And here's what I say, included in corporate income line numbers such and such.
Speaker 1: That's all I do. Okay, Now, what were you going to say, Dean?
Speaker 17: Okay, so he doesn't have any of my personal information because I don't want I don't trust the guy. So what he did is he went to my wife's business EI N and sent her a ten ninety nine, which I'm a manager of the LLC. But he doesn't. He didn't, he didn't get anybody signed anything, and then all of a sudden, I'm getting this massive W nine and I haven't went through the checks. I went through the bank.
Speaker 14: Dean.
Speaker 5: I want to ask you something, But here's what I want to ask you. Let's just get right down to the facts. I don't want to talk about the substance. How much money did he actually pay? How much money did he actually pay you in rent for the year.
Speaker 17: He's put down twenty three thousand. I don't know if that's accurate or not.
Speaker 5: Okay, so let's say let's say he really did pay you twenty grand. Okay, let's just say he did. Now if what I don't understand. What I do not understand is why do you care if he sends you a ten ninety nine for twenty grand but he should he paid you? Yeah, Well, it depends are you dean? Did he rent from you as an dean? Did he rent from you as an individual? Or did he rent or were you a corporation.
Speaker 17: I'm gonna well, he paid me to my name, to my personal name.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's why you're getting a ten ninety nine. And when he could not get a.
Speaker 6: Ten ninety nine to you, to my wife, Dean, Dean, I heard that, and I'm explaining that to you.
Speaker 5: That's just because they want to get a tax deduction, so they want to give it to something an entity that they can.
Speaker 1: And it's in error.
Speaker 5: But what you should do, and I don't know why you're not, is give him the proper information so he can amend it and say.
Speaker 17: Because he's a felon and I don't want him having my information.
Speaker 5: Dean, Dean that I'm sorry, you're in the wrong here. Well you're in the wrong. You're in the wrong, Okay, yeah, you are, because you absolutely are. If someone pays you, Dean, if.
Speaker 15: You just listen, you'd hear I understand that, or you can write I am telling you.
Speaker 5: I am telling you that. If you hang up on Dean, I'm done with Dean. I'm done with him. If someone pays you more than six hundred dollars a year, you must supply them with a W nine. If you don't like the guy you're doing business with, then don't take his money. But if you're a know it all, just do whatever you want.
Speaker 1: But you're wrong, Dean.
Speaker 5: He should be giving you a ten ninety nine and whether you like the guy or not doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: The tax code doesn't.
Speaker 5: Say you only I get ten ninety nine's from people you like. I don't even know what that damn issue is. He was asking a question, but he knew it all. The bottom line is this, if you get paid, you fill out a W nine and if you don't fill it out.
Speaker 1: Now what he was wrong? What he did?
Speaker 5: Yes, that other guy was wrong, just just willy nilly giving it ten ninety nine.
Speaker 1: To his wife.
Speaker 5: But still she's gonna have to deal with that and the easiest way.
Speaker 1: To deal with it is to do it properly. That's the way.
Speaker 5: That's the easiest way is to have it issued in your name. Now, if he destroyed your equipment or you had to make repairs, that comes off of the ten ninety nine as a deduction. But that's the way it's done. Scott, what's going on with you?
Speaker 1: Scott?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Hey, Tom, this this is a little bit jimming. This is car related. But I just have a quick Yeah, I just need some guidance, Okay. So I live in Arizona from Colorado. Have been listening to you for years. I'm a no birds So I live here in the winter, and then I live up in Wisconsin. In the summer, I leave two new cars in my garage in Arizona, Okay, a twenty two Ram True and a T eighteen twenty eighteen Chief Wrangler.
Speaker 1: And how long do you leave?
Speaker 3: Usually about five months roughly. Is it wise for me to disconnect the batteries because this takes a toll on batteries down here. Is it wise for these newer cars to be disconnected from a battery for that long or not?
Speaker 1: Now, it would do no harm they sit.
Speaker 5: It would okay, but over all that time it would erase some of your stuff and you'd have to reprogram if you don't have the onboard batteries the little mini batteries to keep them charge, so it doesn't do you a lot of harm.
Speaker 1: That's really up to you.
Speaker 5: Now, if you have a third battery or a second battery, A lot of cars like Mercedes have a battery for keeping on, then you would want to disconnect that one too, literally, because disconnecting one will just erase, will just kill the other one. Anyway, you may as well disconnect them both. There's nothing wrong with disconnecting, but they make right now. Solid state battery tenders you could use as well, or solar battery tenders, but that's up to you if.
Speaker 1: You want to disconnect it.
Speaker 5: You feel better that way, I mean, ultimately, that's probably the one thousand percent safest way battery tenders, even though nowadays they're near perfect.
Speaker 1: Who knows what can happen, right, all right.
Speaker 3: So with newer engines, with all the electronics, I wasn't sure if it was okay to leave them, you know there would do that.
Speaker 1: It would do no harm to them. It would do no harm to them, you know.
Speaker 5: Again you as far as the odometers and stuff, I think they have a little on board battery and that will last for years without being powered. Okay, so you don't have to worry about LED readouts, but just be ready when you come home. Sometimes you got to reprogram your siege, your your radio stations, your all your stuff. Even your GPS could lose it's it's memory stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So Kevin Kevin Caulkin, a Sheridan auto tech answered that for somebody one time who was asking him a very similar question. And I remember what he told them, that there's no harm at all, but you disconnect, you know what you disconnect, right? You disconnect the the ground end.
Speaker 3: I actually bring the batteries into the Oh okay, then do that the laundry room.
Speaker 1: Okay, do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just all right, get them out of the heat.
Speaker 8: You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Yep, okay, yeah, you can do it that way, all right, And and then you oh, I see what you're saying. Yeah, it would it would. And don't store a battery on a hard surface.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, I put them on a other Pandy twelve. I set them on a piece of wood.
Speaker 5: Okay, it would better, It would be good to Okay, there's nothing wrong with that. I would put two twos and stem them across. For some reason, batteries or maybe not the new batteries, but there used to be something about storing them on hard surfaces. And maybe someone can chime in that knows about that on YouTube or something. But I don't think it's gonna make a big deal with the new batteries. Three oh three seven one three talk seven to one three, yes, sir, while.
Speaker 11: We're on the top of the batteries, is it people, there's this myth. I don't know if it's true or not that if you have batteries, like you know, when you have your triple A and double A batteries for all your devices. Is it better to sell them in the refrigerator than in a at room temperature?
Speaker 5: Okay, if it's truly room temperature, it's fine. But most of the time where you think is room temperature gets very very hot and then it won't very well get cold, but it gets very very hot. The only reason people keep them in a a in a refrigerator. The only benefit there is that it's an even temperature.
Speaker 1: It's not so.
Speaker 5: Much being cold, but being even in fact cold will discharge it faster. I wouldn't put my batteries in a refrigerator. You just want to keep them in a stable environment. But if it's too hot or too cold, it will discharge them, especially the cold. That's why evs and cars discharge faster and cold.
Speaker 11: So if any everybody in the kitchen has a junk draw right, so just put him in a junk draw in the.
Speaker 1: I I storm in a drawer.
Speaker 5: I don't call it a junk drawer because it's very neat and clean and organized.
Speaker 1: But yes, as your house, I have not one. I have not one junk drawer in this house. Your house, they can get out one nothing can get misplaced, not one nothing, not one thing. Nope.
Speaker 5: I know it sounds crazy, but hey three oh three seven one three A two five five one Clear Choice Garage dowers for all your garage door needs.
Speaker 1: They handle it all.
Speaker 5: What I love about him is their prices are totally disclosed on the website one Clear Choice Stores dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out Now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. By the way, you get your insurance check up at Compass Insurance three oh three nine nine six nine thousand. Make sure you're not paying too much. Make sure you're not paying you're not under insured, and it's all free and it's honest. Three oh three nine ninety six nine thousand, Adrian has a comment on batteries.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, Adrian, good day sir.
Speaker 15: How are you today?
Speaker 1: I'm doing good? Thank you. What is your comment on batteries?
Speaker 15: My comment is you don't ever ever disconnect it. Leave a little too whine trickle charger or a low en trickle charger.
Speaker 1: Okay, as long as you don't.
Speaker 15: You can't set them on concrete or dirt. Put them on two by four.
Speaker 5: Hey, by the way, why is it you can't set them on a hard surface?
Speaker 1: I never got an explanation. Battery asked The.
Speaker 15: Power will drain out of it into the ground.
Speaker 5: Wow, right now, okay, yeah, and okay, now tell me, though, tell me why you will you wouldn't disconnect them and put them on a two by four in the house.
Speaker 15: It can be detrimental to the computerized systems in cars nowadays. It can affect them. Really, yes, yes, don't ever have.
Speaker 1: Just from removing power?
Speaker 4: Pardon really?
Speaker 5: Could you let me ask you something silly? Could you theoretically just get a little these battery maintainers you're saying they're pretty damn safe.
Speaker 15: Yeah, A little two app a little trickle charger, that's all you need.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, and so what about if you bought a little battery. What if you bought he didn't want to leave the battery because it gets so hot in that garage.
Speaker 1: What if you took the battery.
Speaker 5: You had a battery just for I know this sounds crazy, for the summers.
Speaker 1: You leave and you have just a maintainer battery you.
Speaker 15: Use, I'd still have a trickle charger on it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I mean, this guy's talking, this guy's talking Phoenix. I mean it can hit one hundred and twenty five up to one hundred and fifty degrees in his garage. I mean, how does the battery even? What does it do at one hundred and fifty degrees? I have no idea.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 15: My experience with that is I've had some awful hot days in the garage here, and the worst I've ever seen as far as what it does to the battery is some of them swell up a little bit. But hot or cold. I mean, these batteries are good to minus twenty degrees and and plus one hundred and twenty degrees. They're they're all that doesn't hurt them.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, you know I just didn't know. Well, now I want to know this. Though now I know a little bit about electronics, I need to ask you this, What is it that would do I can't think of a computer chip or anything electronic that would be that would go bad because.
Speaker 1: It did not have any power to it.
Speaker 6: My car happened my car if literally it ran out of power I would have I don't even think I'd be able to move it after recharging it. Literally, Really, it wouldn't know who it was, right Mark, Why wouldn't.
Speaker 1: What update it was on you?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 1: Oh I see, I see? Or your key and all that you mean my key would I mean nothing.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't even be able to get the car moving. But but it wouldn't do any harm to it.
Speaker 5: Yes, you would have to reprogram but it wouldn't destroy anything.
Speaker 7: Absolutely not.
Speaker 15: The worst case scenario would be they have to take it to the dealer to have it reprogrammed.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're ruined the computer?
Speaker 6: No way, No, okay, okay, you'd have to get towed though you're not going to go anywhere.
Speaker 5: No no, yeah, no, no, I'm in agreement with both of you.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. Yeah. What you're saying is the pain in the ass. Why go through all of that? Yeah, Okay, it's not going to be as simple.
Speaker 3: As just charger.
Speaker 15: Yeah, the battery doers are cheap and it's perfect.
Speaker 1: I use them. I use them on my aircraft.
Speaker 6: That's what my RV does to when it's plugged into a fifty amp in the house batteries or the starting batteries dropped to whatever like twelve five.
Speaker 1: I don't know the exact amount.
Speaker 6: It'll actually trickle charge from the actual fifty amp plug for a matter of time till it hits it.
Speaker 1: Then it cycles off. It's pretty cool.
Speaker 15: Yeah, it's automatic.
Speaker 3: It cycles on and michaels off.
Speaker 15: The charger does it'll stop charging and it's at a certain voltage.
Speaker 6: And I did you know that guy that called before or no, it was Doc. I had an uncle, and it flashed me back to like forty years.
Speaker 1: This dude kept.
Speaker 6: Every battery you know, nine volts in double a's, triple a's DC.
Speaker 1: He kept them all in his freezer.
Speaker 6: And for the life of me, I have no idea why he kept his batteries in the freezer, but he did.
Speaker 1: He probably still does. He's ninety six.
Speaker 15: Well, evidently if nothing happened, nothing happened. But it's not advised to do such a thing, says right on the package, A certain temperature range and refrigerator is.
Speaker 8: Kept on the one.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's weird.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I've never kept him in them, but I wouldn't advise putting them a refrigerator anyway. A nice cool cabinet.
Speaker 1: Were a junk droy like Tom's.
Speaker 15: He doesn't have a junk drawer yet, so very organized, nicely and there's not a piece of junk in it. I bet this stuff that he uses.
Speaker 6: I remember he had a toolbox sitting in our office here at the station, and in one of the drawers for this toolbox it was organized.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 6: He had no less than thirty LPT cables for old school dot matrix printers that hadn't been used, I know, since the early two thousands.
Speaker 5: I know he probably know what I no. No, I don't hoard stuff, but I don't like waste. And when Mark told me this isn't waste, they're never gonna come back. But I hear Mark, I swear to God, I hear your voice. You know you brought that up. I saw that toolbox, by the way, and it's here and I still have cables in it, and every time I walk by it, I hear Mark, I really do. So when I open that up and I see these cables, I think, am I ever.
Speaker 1: Going to use? How many lightning cables have you hoarded? Oh man, over the years of lot?
Speaker 15: Sure take a couple for five years from now you'll want one of those people.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, you know they're going to go back to the old LPT cables.
Speaker 14: Fuck.
Speaker 6: Hey, J has a comment, keep player too, Tom, just in case.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jay, what is your comment? Go ahead, Jay?
Speaker 18: A couple of things. A couple of things, Tom. The first one is you can take the battery out of your modern everyday car, flight around the world in an airplane twice, pick it back in. You've heard exactly nothing. What you will do is reprogram your radio stations and as you drive it might relearn your your habits a little bit. You would never notice the difference otherwise.
Speaker 4: But but a Tesla was different.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, dude, I'd have to get it to the deal with you.
Speaker 18: Yeah, that Tesla things a whole different lot of wax. But you can take a modern battery out set on your grudge floor an extra car. I ain't gonna hurt nothing. But back in the day plastics being what they weren't, it would actually the humidity and the moisture from the concrete could actually witch believe it or not slightly and drain your battery and grow a little bit of green buzz. And it was pretty ugly. But now modern batteries they don't care that plastics are so insulative, so nothing happens, you.
Speaker 5: Know what you know, I know, batteries have come such a long way. I love the the fabric rat wrapped batteries, and they now the AGM. Is that what they call.
Speaker 1: Them, the a GM Yep, that's what I got in the r V.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well those are the ones I have in my aircraft. I think they're called a GM's are they? They're solid right inside.
Speaker 18: J great batteries.
Speaker 20: They're great batteries.
Speaker 18: And okay, another word about batteries is that like any electricity, the hotter it gets, the less efficient that it is, and also at a stain range of the same thing with cold, So heat's actually way harder on a battery than cold is. We'll recover from the cold, but heat can kill on my MAT's. Just if you look at any electrical program, it'll a call for a certain amount at a certain temperature, Like if you're in a really really really hot desert, they might want twelve dach wire where if you're in Alaska, fourteen spine.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I.
Speaker 18: Sat an efficient.
Speaker 5: So anyway, I want to ask it, when you get in your car mark and it's hot or really cold, does your range actually show a difference?
Speaker 6: Oh, man, I have parked it. We were in Norfolk, Nebraska. I think it's probably been two years. It was negative five or ten. I had a sixty percent charge on it at about seven o'clock at night. We got up to start heading back. At about five or six am, it was negative five or ten and that sucker was down to thirty percent. It dropped thirty percent no over, Oh crap?
Speaker 1: Or it dropped no drop fifty fifty percent overnight?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Wow? Ho is crap? Great? Okay, we got more coming up.
Speaker 5: Kinase Home Solutions, don't forget they have the solution for you, whether it's siding, windows, doors or more. Caneage has what you're looking for. Three oh three, four seven, one fifty one fifty Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 1: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 8: All right, Barry.
Speaker 5: Miller's with us from vesteraturnkey dot com, where they help you become a landlord. So, Barry, a man walks in from the street, a woman walks in from the street, a couple walks in from the street, a retired people, whoever, and they say, what, Barry, I want to get involved.
Speaker 1: What's the first step?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the first yes, they say that.
Speaker 7: And the first step is really what we call a short conversation. What are their wealth building wants, needs and questions? And then we get They usually say, well, we want the highest return in our money, and then we talk about how we get that, and there's nothing comparable forty five to fifty percent or more annual return. And these are lower returns than we had two three and four years ago. Why because we've had higher interest rates.
Speaker 1: Right, that's right.
Speaker 5: So then when they want to get involved, and this is something I tell people all the time, you're not putting them in a group of people that own a rental or time or a bunch of them.
Speaker 1: Each person, each client owns their own rental.
Speaker 7: They own their own rental outright now, we're overseeing it for them, and we tell them that early, yes, so they don't have to manage it. We oversee the manager that we have, you know, found, vetted and selected. And they say, oh, thank goodness, you know because we hear stories about that. And I said, yeah, the stories are usually because of poor management, and we don't allow poor management.
Speaker 2: Plus we're overseeing it.
Speaker 5: Plus you get you screened, the clients that the renters and all that. So I want to I want to get into the nitty gritty. So when the person that comes to you to invest also has to qualify for the loan on that rental.
Speaker 2: Yes, they do.
Speaker 7: Now, we have some customers that choose to go all cash.
Speaker 2: That's their choice. There, I wouldn't.
Speaker 7: I wouldn't either, because you're getting one good investment where with all the cash they have, they could get four times the return, that's right, But that's their choice.
Speaker 2: But yeah, you're right, they have to be approved for the loan.
Speaker 7: But that means Tom, they have to put down twenty or twenty five percent of the purchase price.
Speaker 2: And to find.
Speaker 7: The best properties in the United States of America, not second best. There's no second best out there, and we are vest there a turnkey and there is no second best statistically mathematically. But to do that, you still have to have seventy or seventy five thousand dollars and that's not in everybody's extra IRA four oh one or savings.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay.
Speaker 5: Now, when somebody invests and then they have a loan, who makes that loan payment?
Speaker 7: They do? They make it themselves. The property management does not make that for them.
Speaker 1: Okay. So what does property management do for them?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 7: First of all, they make sure the property is renderable. We're talking to the property managers before our customers ever owned the property, understand So they they then advertise get tenants very quickly, get good qualified tenants who are not trouble makers. Our record on that is like ninety nine point eight percent. Okay, It's like ivory soap. It's really really good. But in any case, they then manage the property. They all take care of the occasional which is about once every two years there's a minor little problem, maybe a screen broke or a window broke, or you know, a toilet gets stuffed and blocked.
Speaker 5: Okay, But the magic is, the magic is finding the right client, the right tenants, right the.
Speaker 7: Right tenants, and they find them through ultra screening, I mean lots of screening of the tenants, and that that's the case.
Speaker 5: You only buy properties where you would have a positive cash flow.
Speaker 7: Right neutral to positive cash flow. Yes, the higher rate, Okay, you know, you know have made that.
Speaker 5: Alle you you're not doing it though, you're not doing it for the cash flow. You're mainly doing it for the equity growth.
Speaker 7: Equity equity growth is twenty times what cash flow brings into people. We're not against cash flow. We want positive cash flow. It's pretty much a requirement, okay, that we have some even.
Speaker 2: A little.
Speaker 1: Do they ever have to feed the cash flow.
Speaker 7: We have had nearly nearly and I mean the statistic again is zero point one percent okay of our customers have even ever had to pay the first month mortgage before a tenant was they're paying it for them, so nearly no feeding.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but if you had a furnace, I got to take something like that. I mean, you could go negative in a month.
Speaker 2: If you have a furnace break.
Speaker 7: There was a mistake in buying the property because we are so so it can happen, and I tell everybody it can't happen.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 7: The however, is we're screening the furnace before our buyers even buy it, before they have a full time inspector buy it. And the big things that we screen our furnace, air conditioning, and roof, the big guts of the of the property.
Speaker 1: And I gotta take a break.
Speaker 5: Go okay, just hold on three all three seven one three eight two five five. KH Home Solutions three h three fourths seven one fifty. Well let me give you the real number here, I get the mix of it. It's four to one seventy one hundred. So it's KH Home Solutions three h three four to one seventy one hundred, window siding, doors and more.
Speaker 1: KH has what you're looking for.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer, Excel Roofing dot Com.
Speaker 1: You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance. Yeah, cup free, no obligation.
Speaker 5: In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Hey Tom Martin know here?
Speaker 5: Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 1: I want to go to the phone. So well, let's talk to Barry.
Speaker 5: So, Barry, what is the minimum investment for getting involved?
Speaker 7: Yeah, the minimum investment through vester Era is typically just around seventy thousand dollars. That's everything down payment and closing costs.
Speaker 5: Okay, then they get a loan, then they put in seventy and they let you guys take care of it. And how much a year to take the phone calls and hassle and all of that. Do you charge?
Speaker 7: Yes, we now charge six hundred dollars a year per property. It's paid a time of closing, not up front. You know what those are pennies.
Speaker 1: Pennies.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, I have customers calling me stupid. They said, Barry, you're one of the smarter people, but you're stupid. And they've said you got to double that. Well I don't and I haven't yet.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: It's just amazing to me.
Speaker 5: Okay, So then what about the management company itself?
Speaker 1: Do you add to that fee on top?
Speaker 7: Say, we take no money from anyone the lenders. You know, lenders sometimes say, you know, thanks for the business, and I say, and they have maybe one one hundredth a few dollars. I said, pass that off to our customers, thank you.
Speaker 5: Okay, Now does AU how does it work? For expenses and all of that? Are the owners assessed monthly?
Speaker 1: Quarterly? Do they keep it cashing hown? Going? With the rent? How does it work?
Speaker 7: No, I mean the expenses of the property rental? Yeah yeah, well but but all the more the rent is covering all the costs of the rental. We include everything in there, all the costs. Okay, if there's you know, h oa.
Speaker 5: That's so very Seldom does an owner have to kick in money?
Speaker 7: Oh oh oh not not even once every eighteen months?
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Oh yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: You've really you really perfected this thing.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 7: But our customers say that, and now you know you're experiencing that and you're seeing it, and yeah, yes, we still don't want it to sound too good to be true.
Speaker 5: We do a lot of work now, of course make it happen, but no, no, such no, And we're going to talk about people who don't That's the I wanted to lead up to people who don't have the seventy five or seventy but they still want to be part of it. And that's what I'm doing with vest Era, and I'm proud to be doing it. We'll talk about that coming up and more on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure Thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 1: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 10: Ye rid of.
Speaker 3: You needed that?
Speaker 13: Who you don't have to.
Speaker 1: Run anxiousness fast as we can.
Speaker 2: Show Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 13: Come man, this is.
Speaker 4: The Troubleshooter Show. No, Tom Martinez.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm Tom. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: We got Barry Miller with us from Vestera Turnkey. We'll talk about his program and how I'm getting involved. Right now, though, we go to Christy, who has an issue with her car making noise.
Speaker 1: What's going on? Christy?
Speaker 5: You can always call us at three o three seven to one three talk seven one three eight two five five or twenty four to seven three oh three. Martino is always available. What's going on? What's happening, Christie?
Speaker 10: Yes, I have a new twenty twenty five CRV hybrid and I bought it February first, and I it's my first hybrid, so I started, you know, sharing really on day one, a whining noise and a ticking noise, and I went in to service to see, you know, is this just a hybrid thing? Because it seems it doesn't seem right to me. But I didn't know because I haven't ye hybrids.
Speaker 1: By the way, how many by the way, are you please otherwise? Please? He's with it? Is it? Is it a great car?
Speaker 10: I think so, I'm just having a hard time. I want to love the car, and I love the way it looks the sport models and it's dark blue and it's got the black you know, wheels and grill and yeah, I think it's beautiful. But I need to get over I need to figure out this these noises because they're literally making me feel sad.
Speaker 5: Okay, so did you Here's something I always suggest people do. Christy, Here's something I suggest people do many times. If you go to the same dealer and you ask them about it, that once they've decided it's nothing or it's this, or it's that, they don't change. But if you go to another dealer, even if it's not the one you want to keep going to for service, and just say, by the way, you know, what is this noise?
Speaker 1: Have you done that?
Speaker 6: Have you tried other dealers? Well, it looks like it's normal. It's the high pressure injectors basically that are warming up. I mean, there's a lot of people that talk about it, and everybody says it's a one hundred percent normal.
Speaker 1: What did the dealer.
Speaker 10: Say, so I have an appointment Friday. I've already talked to them twice that they haven't driven it for this issue, so I'm going to find out Friday. I kind of put them on notice that, you know, I just really want someone really good to make sure.
Speaker 1: What are the noises? Now?
Speaker 5: The whining noise is the electric The electric motor makes a really weird sound. I mean, I remember when Mark was pulling out of my driveway just the other day. I heard I turned around, said, what the hell it? It sounds like an outer spaceship. But it's it's a whine. That is probably what you're hearing the wine about that, it's it's the.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's a different name. So the wine I'm hearing is almost constant from zero to seventy, it gets higher and higher pitched. And once it had seventy, either it's beyond my ability to hear it, or or there's so much road noise you can't hear it anymore.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 5: Does it start out low pitched and it goes m like that? I mean, just starts out low and goes hi.
Speaker 10: It starts out medium and goes higher. It's just go higher and hide.
Speaker 5: Okay, and have you ever had anyone actually experience the noise along with you?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 10: And I actually last Friday I went in to have them look at it, but they couldn't because I didn't have an appointment, which is why I'm going back this Friday. But last Friday, the salesperson that sold me the car so I don only drive another one, she had a carbon copy of my car and we drove the other one and I didn't hear either of the noises.
Speaker 1: Okay, got it.
Speaker 5: So that other car was completely as you expected and yours.
Speaker 1: Makes different noises.
Speaker 5: Well, then that tells you right there, because the next thing I was going to say is other than another dealer, go to someone who has one, and you did, and I guess you've You've already proven it that it's not the way to go. I mean, it's just not working. So somebody's got to do something. What you said, You took it to a dealer, but they never actually listened. This is the first time you're actually going for them to listen.
Speaker 10: It's the first time they will be able to listen to it. Yes, it is this Friday at ten, and I'll certainly follow up with you because I'm just half expecting them to tell me, yes, it's normal, and I'm going to tell them now it's not normal because I drove a different one and it makes this noise, and I just maybe, I'm well.
Speaker 5: Why do you think they're Here's what I want to know. Why are you so bent on thinking they're going.
Speaker 1: To say that.
Speaker 10: I guess I'm a pessimist.
Speaker 5: Sorry, yeah, yeah, but have you taken it in for any service before?
Speaker 1: How many miles are on it? Hardly any? Right?
Speaker 10: Well, I when I bought a head around eight hundred, and I guess that got driven up from Arizona. And I think that's why I'm a little confirmed, is because when I bought the car, it you know, I acted too quickly. But whatever, I'm fine with the car. It's beautiful, but yeah, but it comes from Arizona and it had the TPMs light on, and of course we closed the deal late on a Saturday. So the following week I came in and they had service look at the tires and they're like, your air pressure is fifteen to twenty PSI. That's like dangerously low. Like this is how you call me the car?
Speaker 1: So I'm like, what.
Speaker 10: Else did you?
Speaker 21: Yeah?
Speaker 6: But that can change drastically with cold temperatures. That's not a big deal.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 5: What I would do right now, I would just see what they're going to say. I wouldn't anticipate anything, just saying, look, you know, it's funny. I was in my friend's car the other day, just like this one, but it has no and that's when I realized I have some weird noises going on. That's all I'd say. And I'd like to get to the bottom of it.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 1: That car had.
Speaker 5: Was never sold before, right, It wasn't a return lemon or anything, was it.
Speaker 10: That's correct. They told me they traded it for another vehicle in Arizona, and so I.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute. I didn't wait a minute. So it wasn't you're the second owner.
Speaker 10: No, they well, they sold it to me new and I did ask for a carfax and they said, well, there won't be a carfax because you haven't titled it yet. And I said, well, so I went home and I pulled the carfax anyway, just for a peace of mind, and it did listen and the dealer in Arizona, and then it listed the dealer in Colorado.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, so you are the first owner, because I was wondering. Sometimes, you know, if you're not the first owner. I'm not saying the car's automatically bad, but sometimes they trade somebody out of it if they can't figure out what the problem is and they hope the new person doesn't get it.
Speaker 10: That's I'm concerned about. So, I mean, I'll go yeah.
Speaker 1: But you said you're the first owner. Though it's not like they did that because you're the first owner.
Speaker 10: That's that's what the carfax said.
Speaker 5: Yes, do you have the do you have the blue that is the deeper blue, that almost purple blue.
Speaker 13: It's dark.
Speaker 10: I don't know if i'd call it purply.
Speaker 3: It's not.
Speaker 10: It's kind of metallic, but you can't really see the metallic it.
Speaker 1: So what kind of mileage are you getting?
Speaker 10: Not as well as I had thought I would. I'm getting like what thirty six maybe?
Speaker 1: And oh I would think you'd get more than that.
Speaker 10: I would think so too.
Speaker 1: I mean, I just, yeah, why didn't you go all electric? I'm just curious why you didn't go all electric?
Speaker 10: I didn't want to do a plug in. I couldn't say, would have done more research and maybe wouldn't have even gotten a hybrid, but I got in a hurry. I wanted to get out of the other vehicle I had, and I just anyway, this is where I'm now, and I'm trying.
Speaker 1: Not to what dealer sold it to What dealer sold it to you? What dealer sold it to you, Corwin, Honda? What is the call? Okay, Mark, do we know anything about them?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Haven't you know any about them?
Speaker 5: No that I don't think we have a problem with them, So that's pretty cool. Call us back and let us.
Speaker 1: Know when are you taking it in Friday at tim.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, Friday is car Day, so we're going to be actually talking cars all day.
Speaker 1: On Friday until two o'clock.
Speaker 5: If you if you get a chance to call, even while you're there and they're checking it out, give us an impression.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 5: Three oh three, seven to one three talk seven to one, three eight two five five A warrant. You have a comment on car batteries, Go ahead?
Speaker 21: Yeah, I had comment, And then a question if that's okay about.
Speaker 18: Storing battery Okay, So for like that house batteries, your double a's triple.
Speaker 9: As all that.
Speaker 21: I bought it on Amazon. It's called battery Caddy it's perfect.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I got one a little Yeah, that's all I was gonna say.
Speaker 6: You mean for storing home battery like it has double a triple A nine bold, It has every little pocket for every battery I.
Speaker 5: Know, and and and Daphney bought me one one time. Bet Daphney bought me a Christmas present. I still use it to this day. It's it's a neat place to keep.
Speaker 1: All of your battery. Tom generally just keeps his in a junk drawer. Yeah, yeah, right, yeah, warrant.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 21: Question, Do you have a minute for a question?
Speaker 1: Yep, Yes, go ahead.
Speaker 21: Okay, So there's about a car battery. Now there's the old wives tale. I don't know if it's true or not about storing a battery on cement.
Speaker 8: Will that drain your buttery or not?
Speaker 5: Now I'm getting a lot of people that say yes, But I got some texts that said that's ridiculous. These are plastic batteries, and it makes no difference if it's on dirt or if it's on cement, or if it's on wood. But I swear to you from personal experience, when I store it on a shelf like a wire shelf in my hangar as opposed to storing it on the floor, they last longer. So I don't know. I don't know the definitive answer. I don't know it.
Speaker 2: I guess i'll do.
Speaker 17: But haven't you heard no battery diet?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I mean, haven't you heard the same thing that you shouldn't store it on a hard surface?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 21: I've heard it, something about the grounding. You know what, grounding will discharge the battery somehow, I.
Speaker 1: Don't even understand what I heard.
Speaker 6: It would possibly work, considering like you just said time, they're plastic, How the hell would it drain?
Speaker 5: I know that I don't know. You know, I don't know. I think it might be an urban legend.
Speaker 6: I mean batteries. Maybe they used to be made out of metal.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Well, seriously, what the hell was the battery made out of before plastics?
Speaker 5: Let's see, I don't actually wait, actually wait, I don't think they were metal?
Speaker 1: Were they that would I don't think they'd be metal, but they could have been.
Speaker 5: Maybe the grounding part was metal, and then they had a terminal for the positive and the and the ground.
Speaker 6: Were made of porous materials like hard rubber, which could absorb moisture from the concrete leading to a self discharge. However, modern batteries with plastic cases cannot experience the series.
Speaker 1: Okay, so Marcus.
Speaker 5: Learning the joy of U of Chat GPT.
Speaker 1: I remember we have more? Oh yeah, you remember that.
Speaker 5: We got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show three oh three seven one three talks seven one three two five y five. Somebody asks about that again. Renew Home Innovations is the one with the porcelain, and yes, they can do your kitchen with it. They can do your bathrooms, they can do other rooms. Of course, they specialize in the bathrooms and the showers. That's three oh three nine zer A four to two thousand. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you'r troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk seven on three two five five. Barry Miller is with us with a Fester era turnkey, and we're going to talk to him again about his program and a special. When is our seminars at March sixth No?
Speaker 7: No, no, April fifth, Saturday, April fifth, in.
Speaker 5: April, I'm sorry, April fifth, Okay, April fifth. We're going to talk about that now, Paul, you have a question about landlord.
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 22: Sure, I might have original property and I have a renter in there and the lease is coming due, but I want to sell the property. So what's the best way to put him on month to month? Or should I offer another release to make it more attractive to a potential buyer?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: I never thought of that, Barry, What do you think?
Speaker 7: No, I don't recommend the year because a lot of people then well, then you limit your buyers to investors, and if you're wanting to sell it to a regular homeowner, they're not going to wait a year.
Speaker 5: Got to be I agree, Yeah, that's what I definitely would do.
Speaker 1: And then of course they may want to buy it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, month to month is a good you.
Speaker 1: Want to buy it, Paul, So what are you going to do? Are you going to remain a landlord or not? You're going to remain a landlord?
Speaker 12: Out?
Speaker 2: No, no, this time.
Speaker 20: Thank you for calling, and they'll have you put them on notice.
Speaker 22: Thank you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right man, thank you now.
Speaker 2: Barry.
Speaker 5: So we talked about people having seventy thousand dollars or seventy five seven whatever, and they get involved with you, they qualify for a loan. You guys take care of basically all the nitty gritty. It's a very easy way to have to be a landlord without actually having to fix things and to be around for phone calls in the middle of the night. And uh, you pick the properties. Well, you very seldom have major maintenance. Your whole time is a year and a half to two years. Maybe did you ever go over two years?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 7: Ownership of two years? Yeah, a little bit, you know, two two and a half years. Kay, that's normal, all right.
Speaker 5: So people were asking me and again, I already have my first one going. It's called Vestera one LLC, and the next one will be Vestera two LLC.
Speaker 1: And here's what I'm doing.
Speaker 5: I am putting together an LLC for people that now Now again, I've made this very clear, your best returns are going to be when you can do a unit on your own and it's yours. However, I'm putting people together who don't want to do the whole seventy but they want to invest twenty. My minimum will be twenty thousand dollars. I will qualify for the loan, So I'm not going to make anyone qualify for the loan.
Speaker 1: They don't have to be on the loan at all.
Speaker 5: That the property will secure the loan and I will guarantee the loan.
Speaker 1: I will also manage the LLC.
Speaker 5: Well, what I mean by that is I'll be the interface with Barry and his team. You guys don't have to worry about that even and I'm not going to charge a management fee. So people say, well, why are you doing it? Well, I'm doing it for a few reasons. It's an extra service for my people that come to Waive eight Wealth Management.
Speaker 1: It's also a.
Speaker 5: Way for meet to get involved with Vistara and add that service to people.
Speaker 1: Plus I want to get involved. I think it's great.
Speaker 5: So we already have the first one ready to go, and I'm ready for a second one soon.
Speaker 1: I got a couple people.
Speaker 5: It's a minimum of twenty now, Barry. Someone asked me the other day they had forty they wanted to put into my first LLC, and I said to them, no, wait for my second one and do two. I mean, don't you still agree with that? Why would you put forty in one if you can put.
Speaker 1: Twenty in one and twenty in another.
Speaker 7: I understand they're thinking Tom and it's valid because most people have never seen what thorough research brings. All of our properties are home run properties. We get asked the same question, well, well should I wait for another property? No, they're all very much the same on the return, so it would make sense if they want to. If you needed forty to close, you know, your vest therey two. So there's okay, they're smart to wait. But it's not it's not like the vesting or spreading it out because all these properties are the same.
Speaker 5: I happen to tell the yeah, I happen to tell the guy, well, you get more diversity if you had two properties. But what you're saying is there really is no diversity as much because they're pretty much right.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 11: Come were you going to ask Doc, Well, if I were to do with Sarah on my own, I get to pick and shoes when to sell the property, correct, if I do it through?
Speaker 5: Well, okay, I'm going to answer that Barry. First of all, somebody asked me that about the LLC. If I'm going to have Barry's expertise to buy and the expert he's to manage, I'm going to have his expertise when to sell, I'm not going to tell him when.
Speaker 1: But Barry, how would you answer that?
Speaker 16: Well?
Speaker 7: Well, well, if somebody want they could, then it's up to them when they want to sell.
Speaker 2: However, they're always asked.
Speaker 7: Ninety nine percent of our customers say, Barry, we want to get maximum returns.
Speaker 2: You tell us what that means and when.
Speaker 7: It's maximum to sell, So it's it's more ninety nine percent say, hey, you're the experts, you tell us when. But if you want that freedom or if a you know, an economic need comes up and that doesn't have to be a disaster, could be a very positive one of some event you need to help a family member, well, okay, you just tell us though, and we'll do it.
Speaker 5: Well, sure, so you're not going to refuse to sell it, so doc, Yeah, it's ultimately your property. You can keep it forevery of you on. You can sell it in a year. But I mean, what I'm saying is I think it's best to take their expertise and do what they say.
Speaker 11: What I'm asking is if you did one of yours where I put in twenty thousand and something came up and I needed the money, how could I get out?
Speaker 12: And what would be my resu.
Speaker 1: No, no, no.
Speaker 5: When you're in the LLC, it's you're in there for the duration of the property. Okay, now there's an emergence. I mean, I guess it's like any other investment you make. If you if you made a bond investment for two years or you made it, it's going to be tied up. I'm barry in my agreement and you tell me if it's right. I'm saying it can be anywhere from one to three years. Should I make it three and a half years.
Speaker 1: To be safe or what should I do?
Speaker 7: I'd make it three and a half, but I don't think that's going to be needed. But why not put a little safety factor say, I don't have to change legal docums, and.
Speaker 6: Why not let someone else take that position? If someone needs the cash, what's a big deal?
Speaker 5: Well no, no, but here's the Okay, let me tell you there's nothing wrong with taking a position. But then how do you cash out the guy that wants to get out in a year and and then make it fair for the guy that got in after a year. Where how do you allot those future profits or or the current profit. You'd have to do a calculation what's called the net asset value. Whenevery, whenever someone gets out of an investment, we do what's called a net asset value, like on our on our hedge fund or a stock, it's just whatever it's selling for. But how would you do a net asset value, Barry, If someone wanted to get out of the LLC.
Speaker 1: Praise a year earlier, we could.
Speaker 7: Do all that cost Well we could, well, this is where I'm going. We could do a market analysis and all of this. But there's costs to everything. And if somebody is going to be in a group investment, they're going to have to know if they want out, there's going to be a fee for it, a penalty, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and and also if you think about it, Mark, if we do a net asset value and then something happens to the market, man, well, I guess that's.
Speaker 1: Just the way it is.
Speaker 2: That's the way it is.
Speaker 1: Somebody gets out high.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so you know, if Doc is a good question, I haven't given a thought to people who want to get out early. I would think they could find someone to take their spot. I wouldn't mind them transferring it or selling it. There's nothing wrong with that, But I don't know if I want to get involved in that. And again I can ask Barry. We're doing our first one, and in our first one, I will allow owners to sell to their siblings or to transfer it in an estate or something like that. But I didn't want to get into me being an intermediary trying to sell their shares. Then that gets to be too much like a security, and that's what we're trying to avoid, and Barry has avoided for a long time, being called the security.
Speaker 7: Yeah, at East right into the return. There's a cost if you're going to be changing a group's plan. But if people in an emergency would understand it and pay it right, that's typically not the idea.
Speaker 1: Doc it's usually discretionary funds.
Speaker 2: It was just a.
Speaker 5: Question, Yeah it is, Hey, Steve, what is your question? Is it on a rental property or what we're talking about?
Speaker 20: Well, just no, a rental property. I owned twelve different properties. I've done this for a long time. But these two guys that I've been running to for seven or eight years and they've been extremely low maintenance and blah blah blah. You know, I don't have to fix anything type thing, even though I call them periodically to check out. And I own the house next door as well, and so I see him from times time. But last June, they didn't pay the rent, and then I, you know, chased after him and talked to this buddy of mine that was a property official property manager versus myself, and he says, hey, you got to get a ten day notice on their door. And I did that. And the short story is they finally paid up and paid all the light late fees, and I was way money I had. And again it happened in November. It wasn't to the extent it did in June, and then it happened again in January. So I'm thinking, I don't want to put up this nonsense, you know any longer. And this property management guy says, based on the laws of Colorado these days, it's hard to get somebody out of a property. You know, you got to tell them, say listen, I'm going to do some remodeling here that you guys need to get out.
Speaker 5: What are your suggestions, Well, there are all kinds of ways, and I wouldn't even begin to venture. I would call Bradley O'Brien O'Brien Legal Services, That's what I would do, because that's going to be important that you do this right. But there is a way to do it legally. There are reasons you can do it, and you can do it legally, but there are some reasons you can't use.
Speaker 1: And they get to stay if they want.
Speaker 5: That's it's become a terrible, terrible, terrible rental market. I got to take a break. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three two five five. Okay, somebody asks and again you can give this number out again. But if you want to get involved, you can reach festeraturnkey dot com and say I want to do the LLC with Tom. You don't have to call me directly, or you can call us as well at Waveeightcapital dot com.
Speaker 1: But I'd suggest you.
Speaker 5: Go to Barry and first and get all the information about the program, and then if you want to be part of the LLCU the smaller chunks, he'll he'll forward you to me.
Speaker 1: Isn't that the best way to do it, Barry?
Speaker 5: I think you should the comers, Oh, absolutely, So I'd like them to know the whole program, and you're the one to control that. I mean, I want you to explain the whole program to him. So three oh three seven one three a two five five go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five. You've been ripped off or taking advantage you of have any questions on anything we've been talking about, we'd love to hear from you.
Speaker 1: We have open lines right now.
Speaker 6: Three zero three seven, one three eight two five five three zero three.
Speaker 1: Martino, It's so funny.
Speaker 6: We go from talking about rental units to car batteries to pretty much anything you can imagine on this show. We're a consumer show. In the bottom line, what we'd love to do is educate and help you out personally. My favorite part is when you have a bad contractor that ripped you off, maybe did a shoddy job, maybe ever even showed up and did any work. I can think of that more often than not, which is really sad these days. And how about landlords. We've been getting a ton of problems with landlords lately. Let me ask Barry something with Festeria properties. You know, you and Tom were kind of talking about how it works. I think you guys and not necessarily get into the weeds too much. But the bottom lines is you find a great place, you find a great area, forget even about the house. You find a great area, and then you find the right property. A lot of people think is that a fix and flip? Is that where I'm making the money. No, you find something that's ready to rent out day one, day one, and then that person purchases it. They can put twenty percent down or whatever their bank or their lender, their mortgage company is willing to do for him. They can finance the whole deal period, end of story. And that's how most of it works, right, And then they can sell it any damn time they want.
Speaker 2: Let's just get right to time, anytime they want.
Speaker 6: They could sell it three months later and make ten thousands if they wanted to. But can they use their own realtor at that point? Sure they can, they can do whatever. I guess what I'm trying to get through to people is I don't want to overcomplicate it. It's pretty damn simple. And they're only paying you, what, four hundred bucks a year?
Speaker 7: Yeah, he want six hundred, which is the same as four when you see all they're getting. But yeah, but that's what I'm saying, Bucks, it's no big money to us.
Speaker 2: Six hundred dollars that you know, and that that's.
Speaker 1: And you don't care what lender they use.
Speaker 7: Not really, we do have our lenders set up because they'll work all fifty stags.
Speaker 1: My question but they can use whoever they want. Absolutely, they pay cash.
Speaker 2: They could pay cash.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I understand you probably got deals set up with everybody with their filters with.
Speaker 2: Banks, and that's the turnkey.
Speaker 1: But they don't have to use those absolutely do not.
Speaker 2: The consumers are free to bring in.
Speaker 6: How about if you have property right now, an investment property, and you're sick and tired of all the rule changes in Colorado and Colorado in general, and you don't want to have to pay all the capital gains?
Speaker 1: Can you help through that aspect?
Speaker 7: Mark, We're doing that every day right now this week, three three callers, three listeners of this show you know, have called us. We're listing their property reduced commissions. Why because it's bulk great, it's part of the team, it's a big deal. So we save them thousands of dollars in commissions. But again, you bet. So many people are smart and leaving the Denver market, and typically Denver Metro, they're selling one property and buying two or three.
Speaker 6: And so once again, it's your property, it's needed in your name.
Speaker 1: You can do whatever you want with it.
Speaker 6: And I could walk in with an all in one loan where I have a three years love the line of credit, love the all basically, still have access to the money, have the house that you found for me, and have a renter that's paying rent, and then if I need to cash, I don't have to sell it right then because I've got the all in one loan yep.
Speaker 7: And if you don't have a line of credit, you could use your four oh one K or IRA all of those.
Speaker 12: That was my question. Better.
Speaker 11: So if I take money out of my four o one k oh my IRA, do I pay taxes on that? Or because I'm purchasing a property, is there no tax consequences?
Speaker 6: You get basically someone that monitors it, and it's an outside company that I'm sure Barry's got some suggestions for you and your four oh one K.
Speaker 1: You're not going to be uh, You're not gonna have any issues with it. You're basically that's my question, no tax consequence.
Speaker 12: Okay, thank Rry.
Speaker 7: Going well, I say Wave eight Wealth Management can handle such things.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Basically what happens, doc, is you get a fiduciary that agrees to the investment. Now, if you can't find one that agrees to the investment, they think it's too risky or outside the scope of retailirement account. Then they might not do it. They might but in general, but in general they're going to sign off on it. I've actually bought property, a commercial building to give you an idea, using some of my retirement money and then some just cash, and the retirement money wasn't affected at all. When I finally sold the property, made money and put it back in, it went right back into an IR.
Speaker 11: I would assume that most people don't have seventy grand lying around their checking account, so most likely they would be taking it from their IRA or four to one cake.
Speaker 6: That's most people that this investment is good for would have seventy grand laying around.
Speaker 1: I don't think I would think that.
Speaker 6: I mean I don't necessarily think they have to go in their retirement. I think a lot of people might have already had rentols to begin with, like Bo, Deputy Bo has rentals and he wants out of Colorado, so basically Barry's help.
Speaker 7: They're working with Bo, etc. And then a lot of people have equity in the home their primary residents. Yeah, and they're borrowing from that.
Speaker 1: All right, we got to take a break.
Speaker 6: Listen open lines three oh three seven one three eight two five five any questions about this or anything else?
Speaker 1: Three zero three Martino.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 1: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: You know something interesting is when I leave here, I usually tune in, Okay, listen to this even when I'm coming here. I live in Franktown and we're in the dts see that's where the mothership is. And I lose the AM signal a little past Castle Rock because I go down towards Frank down that hill.
Speaker 1: You know what. I just found this out. Check it out.
Speaker 6: If you haven't used the new redesigned iHeartRadio app. It's unbelievable. You can actually save k how and that's what I do. I save this station right here k How on the actual app. And not only I'm not listening in AM, but I'm listening in FM on the app, and I never lose a signal all the way to my house and then in the morning coming in listening to Brown or like I said, when I leave, I listened to Ryan and it's incredible. But if you haven't updated or you haven't downloaded the k How app, it's time to do it and make sure you said k How. I'm telling you that said. It is a preset on the iHeartRadio app today. You can find it in the app store, of course, or if you have those what are those other phones called Apple something? What is it called the Apple store? If you're one of those people, you can only do that. Three oh three seven one three A two five five. I'm gonna go to the phones here. We do have some lines open. We've got Larry's got a question on real estate with Larry. I promise we're gonna come up against a break in about twenty seconds, So I'm gonna take you after this, Larry, you'll be first. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Any questions, complaints, any issues you have, We want to hear from you after the break. Another hour to go right here on the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 1: You don't pay a cent until you're.
Speaker 5: Contenth time for an insurance check up free, no obligation in comparison all Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Ripped up news you needed.
Speaker 2: That's who you don't have.
Speaker 1: Run as fast as we can.
Speaker 2: Show Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 10: Come.
Speaker 1: This is the.
Speaker 4: Troubleshooter Show Now Tom Martinez, Welcome, Welcome.
Speaker 1: My friends to the only show of his kind.
Speaker 6: We're here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints.
Speaker 1: You've been ripped off.
Speaker 6: You need help recouping money, you need help just understanding something. We've got a list of experts at referral lists dot com that are just great. We have attorneys, we have real estate experts. We have pretty much you name it, you'll find it referral list dot com. These are people we've also background checked, they've signed.
Speaker 1: Our code of ethics. But they're there to help you as well.
Speaker 6: So if you do need help, the number simple three zero three Martino. That's three ZHO three Martino. Or you can always email us at help HLP at troubleshooter dot com. That's helping troubleshooter dot com. I got to ask something just for the people in this room real quick. Then we're going to go to a phone call, but we do have some lines open. Three oh three Martino. The Menendez brothers, I guess the governor, the great liberal governor of California, is doing a risk assessment if they should let them out. They murdered their parents with shotguns, if I recall, and they shot the hell.
Speaker 1: Out of them.
Speaker 6: I mean, we're not talking one shot. And through the whole trial they lied about it. They said that someone broke in it first, and then ultimately everybody figured out what was going on and it was them. And then after that, at least according to a documentary I watched, after that, while they're in prison, they start talking about how they were abused. So the father was sexually abusing them. But once again, this is so after the fact.
Speaker 1: This is this is after they said they had nothing.
Speaker 6: To do with the murder, and they never told anybody apparently, and now they're thinking of cutting them out of jail. So the two questions that I'd like to hear you guys.
Speaker 1: Just your thoughts on it. I guess I'll do them one at a time.
Speaker 6: But one, let's say the father or for that matter, the mother did sexually abuse or even just abuse.
Speaker 1: I don't even know what the allegations are anymore. I think they're.
Speaker 6: Sexually But even if they did do it, is that a greenlight to take a shotgun to the mother and the father. I'll go down that road because it was both of them, and the argument would be the one knew it was happening even though the other was doing it, I assume, and blast them like twelve times each and spread their brains all over the room and then.
Speaker 1: Cut them free.
Speaker 11: Oh well, my question first to me, how old were they when this occurred?
Speaker 2: They were twenty about they weren't.
Speaker 6: I don't think they were kids because they went directly to jail.
Speaker 1: Don't pass go they were adults.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and they never said anything as far as what I knew about what their parents were doing to them. It's not like they went and told an uncle or somebody, right, right.
Speaker 1: So what are your thoughts? Doc?
Speaker 11: Well, if they were adults, you make them serve the sentence that they were given at the trial.
Speaker 6: Well that's forever. I mean, that's basically I'm trying to see how old they were. Wow, they were born in sixty eight. That doesn't help me. Uh, Menendez when they killed parents?
Speaker 1: What the hell did we do before Google?
Speaker 11: Like?
Speaker 1: Man, what did we do?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 1: How would I know?
Speaker 6: How would I possibly find out how old Eric Menendez was when he killed his parents? It happened, you know, I think it happened like in nineteen ninety.
Speaker 12: You have to go to the California Penal records or.
Speaker 1: Or you'd have to get one of those fish tapes at a library for the Media Britannica. So one of them was twenty one and one was eighteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what did I say? Eighteen twenty number?
Speaker 1: Grocery stores used to give those out.
Speaker 6: I remember you could get those little green stamps and if you collected enough of them where you shopped would.
Speaker 2: Give you SNH stamps.
Speaker 11: I would give you two years mark selling those things. No, I was doing program analysis for that company. Oh my SNH the snah my first programming job.
Speaker 2: I'll be done.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 6: I just remember I worked in a grocery store. I was probably seventeen at the time, and I remember people getting you know, they'd come in once a month and get a through f or.
Speaker 1: Whatever the hell they were selling. It's crazy. But what do you think on that?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 6: I I And by the way, who you're listening to is Barry Miller. He's with Vestair Turnkey. In fact, we're gonna Larry's got a question on real estate in a second.
Speaker 2: And me, Barry Miller.
Speaker 7: I have some very first hand experience in my family with terrible abuse of type situations. My heart goes out to all of them, including the Mendez. I don't know if it was both of them or one of them both okay that was sexually assaulted.
Speaker 2: As one of them. I believe one of them was okay, but I know that is the.
Speaker 7: Wrongs they did. Killing is still blatantly wrong. And I end up at the same spot they should get the same selling.
Speaker 2: Through everything, even going through everything. Now.
Speaker 7: Can they have a lighter sentence, Can they have some kind of mental support, maybe not spend all years in jail. Maybe, But they've got to be punished for the wrong they did. You can't just blame it on sexual abuse after the fact or the trauma.
Speaker 6: How would you actually prove any of it happened.
Speaker 7: That's the tough part, you know, It's almost impossible. It's almost impossible if.
Speaker 11: Not if they had been like thirteen and fourteen. I can understand that thirteen.
Speaker 1: And fourteen, I don't think they'd have a life sentence, right.
Speaker 11: But they also wouldn't know how to deal with it. They wouldn't know who to go to.
Speaker 1: Agreed to one hundred percent.
Speaker 11: Yeah, But these these eighteen and twenty one were old enough to deal with it in a nonviolent way.
Speaker 6: I just don't understand why Newsom or any governor would be just kind of looking into it. I remember when our governor. I think it was Hicck and Looper. God, I'm kind of dating myself. I think it was Hicck and Looper, but we had who was the guy that shot up the chuck E Cheese pizza or was it showbiz? I think it was Chuck E Cheese, Nathan dun Lap, Lathan dun Correct, Nathan Dunlap, and he got I mean, this guy walked in and blasted people, and he had he had the death sentence. And I think it was Hick and Looper that basically said, I forget.
Speaker 1: It, We're not going to do that. I just find it crazy. Well, I'm interesting.
Speaker 23: I have an interesting point on this because being from California. Yeah, and in nineteen eighty nine, I was a senior in high school.
Speaker 1: Oh when the thing went down.
Speaker 23: When the Menendez brothers went on. I think you're missing a very key point that after they killed their parents, they went on this enormous spending spree big time, and they bought Ferrari's, they bought everything, designer everything, their dad.
Speaker 6: My understanding was pretty strict. Even though they were from a very wealthy family. They weren't driving around in that stuff.
Speaker 23: No, absolutely not. But the other thing about this trial, and in California, that's all you got twenty four hours a day like OJ almost very much so, and it also catapulted court TV and their reading.
Speaker 1: The biggest for that was definitely O Jess. So I just wanted to make that point now that's a good point.
Speaker 6: I remember actually watching the oj trial in the nineties I believe the early nineties, and it was amazing.
Speaker 1: It was like a soap opera or how you.
Speaker 6: Know, old people from Oklahoma would call it. It was like the stories and watching it was just amazing. I learned a lot about our legal system. I learned a lot, man, I learned about showmanship. You can think whatever you want about the trial in the outcome, but to tell me Johnny Cochrane is not it was, I guess he's passed away.
Speaker 1: But I mean he must.
Speaker 6: Been one of the best criminal defense attorneys to walk this planet.
Speaker 12: No question.
Speaker 11: I'm just going to say one thing, Mark, I can understand Hick and Lupa be morally opposed to the death penalty.
Speaker 12: Yeah, actually, let me finish.
Speaker 11: Anybody can be morally opposed to it, But if you commute it to life in prison without parole, I can certainly understand that.
Speaker 6: I see, Okay, So that's fair. Well, okay, I like how you both say it's fair. I don't think it's fair. As a taxpayer, I don't want to take care of somebody for forty years in prison at one hundred thousand dollars a year or whatever ridiculous amount we throw at the average inmate, compared to what seventy five cents of academy.
Speaker 11: What are the point that you can't You can't argue with somebody's moral stance.
Speaker 6: If they can, I can argue with you can argue with the understand if someone killed my daughter, if someone killed my son, if someone killed my wife, I would argue all day.
Speaker 1: They should have a bullet in their head.
Speaker 11: Absolutely, But there's a difference between personal and objective. If somebody, if somebody kidnaps someone you love or I love, I would pay the ransom and a heartbeat. But if you ask most people, should we negotiate with terrors?
Speaker 1: Agree?
Speaker 6: They say no, agreed. That's that's a good point there. All right, let's take this call. By the way, three o three seven one three eight two five five three oh three Martin know, hey, Larry, what is your question?
Speaker 20: Sir?
Speaker 24: Yeah, hey, by the way, great job everything you do, Tom, And uh, yeah, I was I heard all the talk about.
Speaker 25: The U during real estate.
Speaker 9: That's sarahs and.
Speaker 25: Buying real estate, and so that's Sarah.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's it.
Speaker 25: That was kind of just wanting more information, But I guess that question would be. One of my problems is time, So I don't have the time to deal with the real estate or deal with the rental.
Speaker 1: Or Hey, Larry, I got a question.
Speaker 6: I got a question for you before we dive in to your question.
Speaker 1: Is that fair?
Speaker 12: Sure?
Speaker 6: How much did you hear about last hour us talking about Vistaia? How much, like would you.
Speaker 1: Say, ten minutes, ten minutes?
Speaker 6: And what did you take? And I'm doing this so I get better at this. What did you take out of it? And I mean it, if you had to describe what you were listening to, I would love to know what you retained and what you heard about what we were talking about.
Speaker 1: And I'm being dead serious.
Speaker 24: Okay, sure, yeah, it was the last about the last five minutes. But I heard that you could get rid of some of the complexity of buying real estate. I heard that you could possibly use your parol and kves to doing nothing right now and I can't touch it from my perspective to purchase. Also, I heard, you know, but like I said, they would deal with some of the red tape we have. That's kind of what I got from it, which sounds very appealing.
Speaker 1: What do you what do you what.
Speaker 24: Did you mean by red tape, the red tape of of all the title company, of.
Speaker 9: The being dealing with fixing, you know, doing some of the getting a house ready, selling house, all the whole deal.
Speaker 24: Maybe somebody that would just the whole turnkey asking.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, hold on, man, I got to take this break. We'll come back and then we'll dive into it. Three oh three Martino.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 1: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: All right, three oh three seven one three A two five five. I don't want to I don't want to go down a rabbit hole on vester Era.
Speaker 1: And here's what I mean.
Speaker 6: There's so many questions and I and I always think this, Barry, it's impossible to explain in a second. So people really do need to call you. But for that guy, he had to go, which is fine. D I promise I'll get to you in a second. By the way, we do have a couple lines open three oh three seven, one three eight two five five. But I really want to lay out how it works. They make a phone call to you and you'll go over this stuff. But basically, Barry, the guy sitting next to me for thirty years or longer, how long.
Speaker 2: Have you been doing it doing vest era, Well, how.
Speaker 6: Long have you been finding hot pockets in the country and buying properly over and making money over forty years? I don't care if you called it one two three LLC. You've been doing it a long time time, Okay, So over this forty year period of time, Barry's got this secret sauce to find hot pockets. One of the ways I described that when people ask me, he might have information that SpaceX is moving from California to Corpus Crispy Texas, Corpus Crispy Cornflake Texas wherever. Here's my point, though, he gets that kind of information and even if it's public knowledge. I'm not saying he knows somebody in SpaceX, but he does the research where the jobs are coming, where the homes are going to start appreciating quicker than other areas, And in almost every area homes do appreciate. The key to that aspect is finding the growth spots that are going to happen quicker.
Speaker 7: Correct and then it's growth spots within the growth spots, and it's.
Speaker 6: Growth spots the nice neighborhoods, the nice school districts. It's like saying Denver Metro, there's a big difference between you know, downtown Hell as I call it, and going out to Highland's Ranch or Castle Rock.
Speaker 7: Three hundred different neighborhoods is typically the number for Denver. One hundred and twenty five different neighborhoods for Colorado Springs. Not all of them are at any means they're appreciating at the same rate. We want the best, small, popular, but the best for three years. Mark not a flash.
Speaker 2: In the pan. And Larry, who had.
Speaker 7: His question, is it okay I talk about I have an hour long Saturday show. Oh right here in the same studio eight to nine o'clock in the morning, yes, that's where we cover it in more details.
Speaker 6: Get more depth, and we'll give that information out again. But after he finds that neighborhood and dials down the area, and it's not going to be in Colorado, Colorado, we're at the top right now, We're like California was ten years ago.
Speaker 2: We have stupid laws too.
Speaker 1: Oh well, and then the rental laws are ridiculous.
Speaker 6: But anyhow, so he's going to find the right place with the right laws, in the right neighborhood, then he's going to find the right house.
Speaker 1: A house is ready to go.
Speaker 6: It's not something you got to go in and redo the countertops. It is ready to rent out. They're going to check out the furnace before you close on the house. They're going to check out everything to make sure it's a good house. They're going to find a management company to collect the rent and make sure the right tenants get in there that aren't going to do any damage. Then they're going to manage it. You collect the rent every single month, you own the property, the deeds in your name. You could sell it any day you want. There's no there's nothing holding you back from selling it, not contractually. Nothing you can sell it period, end of story. You can hire you your own realtor you can do whatever you want. It's your house, Okay. Then when it does appreciate, and this is once again where Barry's knowledge of over forty years comes in. He's going to say, hey, you know, it's been two and a half years. The market's slowing down a little. Here, everything's evening out. I suggest we sell it now. You can take to cash, or we can look for another area for you.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep. And we have the data.
Speaker 7: Mark that we have the data, and it's a secret sauce data where we know when markets are slowing down. Before the Real Tour National Association of Real Tours.
Speaker 2: I'm very active there, so I could say what it is.
Speaker 7: Sure they don't know for six to eight to twelve months after we know, and we're out of there by the time they say, well this is not a good market anymore.
Speaker 2: We're gone. We've been gone.
Speaker 6: And then the other question he had, he said his four oh one K wasn't doing anything.
Speaker 1: So here's a couple of things.
Speaker 6: One, if you work for a company and you still have an active for a one K, you're not going to be able to use that four A one K money for this most likely there might be some companies out there that might allow it, but in general, if you work for Walmart or Sears, you're either in there fur a one.
Speaker 1: K or you're not. They do the match.
Speaker 6: But if you have an orphan for a one k that you haven't converted into an IRA, once you get it to there, once you get into that IRA money, these guys can help you to where you're not going to have tax consequences investing in this real estate and basically still have a IRA.
Speaker 7: Correct correct, And if you have to borrow from your own IRA money, okay and pay that borrowing fee. We calculate that and say, well, okay, your gain, your annual gain won't be forty five percent per year, You'll be a thirty six percent.
Speaker 6: Then, if you're a landlord listening, and by the way, Barry's all over the country, like I said, we're not just talking places in Colorado. So if you're a landlord listening to this podcast or on YouTube or listening right now, and you want to get out of Colorado and you've got a few rentals here, he can help with the ten thirty one exchange, meaning you don't have to pay taxes on whatever appreciation you would sell that for.
Speaker 1: You can roll it over into a new property.
Speaker 6: For that matter, you might be able to take one that's appreciated over the last twenty years in Denver.
Speaker 1: Hell, you might have made a half a million.
Speaker 6: Bucks without blanket on that one and turn that into ten properties around the country that amount of money without having to pay taxes on that game you made using the ten thirty one exchange. So I mean, I think that's it in a nutshell. Now, let me ask this. It's vest era turnkey. We just went all through that. So let me say that vestraturnkey dot COM's the best way to get info vest eraturnkey dot com.
Speaker 1: Simple as that. Now, d what is your question?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 2: D Yes, how are you.
Speaker 19: Okay? I have a question about some real estate. If someone has a property and it wasn't foreclosure and all of that stuff has been done and everything already, usually is there any what do you call the money that you actually gained from actually the company developing the interest over time? Does that go back to the owner?
Speaker 6: I guess I'm not understanding, but let me take a stab at what you're asking.
Speaker 1: Were you foreclosed on.
Speaker 19: No, not now, A long time ago, okay to me, I'm asking.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, Well so but at some point you were somebody you know was foreclosed on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I assume they had some equity in.
Speaker 25: The house, right, that's the word, yes.
Speaker 1: Equity, That's what I thought you were looking for.
Speaker 6: So, example is someone forecloses on a house that is worth a half a million and you only owe four hundred thousand on it. They foreclose, it goes up for auction, and they get a half a million for it. Are you asking, are you supposed to get that hundred thousand?
Speaker 19: Well, I guess if that's what what is the value after the foreclosure that.
Speaker 1: Would be you would be absolutely correct.
Speaker 6: You got to throw in attorney's fees and court cost and whatever goes into that.
Speaker 1: But you're absolutely correct.
Speaker 6: I can't foreclose on you for a four hundred thousand dollars debt because you haven't been paying, and then sell the house for a million dollars and give you nothing. It just simply doesn't work that way under almost all circumstances, but not all.
Speaker 19: All right, So how come the county doesn't tell people when when that's done?
Speaker 1: What do you mean by that, they don't they how much do you know?
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm just going to ask Marry this because some of the uh, the rule changes.
Speaker 1: What county are you in or what county are we talking about?
Speaker 19: What timeframe is that? What you said?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 1: What what is it in Colorado?
Speaker 19: Yes, just in Colorado, in Ontario County.
Speaker 6: So on a foreclosure in Colorado. I'm just going back to the show in two thousand and eight and ten where everybody and their mother was facing foreclosure. The county at one point, the county at one point would actually get involved.
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, but the consumer has to receive written notices.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course.
Speaker 7: But she's sounded like somebody didn't know they were being so closed.
Speaker 19: The point they weren't notified at all. It just happened and they wouldn't notify that it's going to be foreclosed.
Speaker 6: Well, what do you say, They're not being notified. The notices would generally go to the property address.
Speaker 19: Well, that's what I'm saying. There was a management company involved, if I'm correct, if I remember correctly, But no people work for taxes or for anything, so the people can utilize whatever it is that they have to pay pay taxes for that time period that the property may have accrued and all that sort of thing, and got no notification whatsoever, absolutely none from anyone.
Speaker 6: Are you saying that you didn't get information, for example, on how much it ultimately sold for.
Speaker 19: Yeah, that's correct.
Speaker 6: Well we could look at up. That's not a hard thing to look up. Yeah, that'll be public records. So is that the only number you're looking for?
Speaker 19: Yeah, that's what all I see.
Speaker 6: Those could be tricky too. And I'm not saying this happened. Well I know it's happened, there's no doubt about it. But you know, it goes to auction on a wink wink and someone's brother in law buys it for next to nothing, and then six months later they sell it for the actual price. I mean, it happens with cars and it happens with homes. So but we can tell you what it's sold for if you have the property address.
Speaker 19: Oh no, I don't have that at all. So that has the county who I supposed to which which division of the government that has to notify the owner?
Speaker 6: Well, okay, hold on a second, dragons, hold on a sec dragons yelling at me, We'll come back to you, right after this.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one.
Speaker 1: Help.
Speaker 5: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five. That poor woman dropped off. I'm not sure what happened there, but the bottom line is there is a rule one twenty hearing the county in Colorado. All I'm talking about is Colorado. The county's going to actually notify you of the foreclosure. Now listen, if you don't live there and have a management company or whatever she was trying to explain, well, you might have not gotten notification. But the county and of course the lender will both send notices. They have to send notices to the house. Then you have a hearing. A hearing a one twenty and generally you have one hundred and twenty days to basically bail out of the foreclosure. In other words, do a short sale and pay off the loan, or take a second or some kind of four barans or something along those lines. But if you can't figure any of that out, then it goes to auction. If it goes to auction, whoever bids the highest actually gets the property. But usually the lender will start the bidding at exactly what is owed.
Speaker 1: So if you owe.
Speaker 6: Four hundred and twenty and the house is worth six hundred, they're gonna start the bidding at four hundred and twenty thousand, and if nobody else buys it, the bank's gonna end up with it for that four hundred and twenty thousand. Then they can sell it for whatever they want, and I believe they don't have to pay you anything, but generally it wouldn't happen that way. Generally, someone's gonna say, oh my god, that's two hundred thousand dollars lower than everything else in the area. We'll go ahead and bid and try to get this house. That's typically what happens in a foreclosure in Oklahoma. So the notifications were there. They don't have to give you personal service on that, as far as at least going back years, they haven't had to. Hey, Steve, you got a question for Vestera?
Speaker 1: Go ahead, sir, Yeah.
Speaker 14: I was wondering what happens if you have a property in one of his markets and the economy tanks kind of quickly, like what happened and the nineteen eighties in Denver with Hexon.
Speaker 1: Or even two thousand and eight two, well, a couple.
Speaker 6: Or even let's even get crazier than that. Let's take something like Flint, Michigan, where all of a sudden the water source is bad and everything drops in half.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, what happens?
Speaker 2: Okay, A couple of things.
Speaker 7: First of all, first and foremost, the two thousand and eight other events were not quick. Okay, even Flint, Michigan had warnings. Okay, because if you're researching as we are twenty four to seven, there are warnings. However, we also say it would have to be sorry to say this, ladies and gentlemen, but it has to be a nine to eleven type disaster coming out of nowhere with no preview intelligence or research able to show it. That can happen. However, however, look at Flint, Michigan, look at any of the bad markets, look at the Great Recession of two thousand and eight to twoy ten, and you will find that a certain price of homes, certain type homes, did not go down too much and too much they went down. However, if you've had a year or two of equity, we're in a position to undercut the market and typically sell so that you don't.
Speaker 2: Lose from your original price. That's our objective. That's how we handle that.
Speaker 6: And here's how I heard that. Hey, things can happen, but the chances of it happening.
Speaker 1: Are slim, are very slim.
Speaker 6: It's almost like, well, I wouldn't say it's exactly like this, but like, there is a possibility a plus plus life insurance company could possibly go out of business. It hasn't happened for my god for a long, long, long, long, long, long long time. But yes, anything can happen. I can't guarantee the earth, I can't get yeah, exactly, I can't guarantee we can wake up and have oxygen. But it's nice though, Steve that I mean, you own the house, you can do whatever you want with it. You don't have to hold on to it as long as Barry tells you to. You could sell it the next day. If you can make a profit on it. God bless you. You know what I'm saying. Yeah, yeah, but there's no it's like any other investment.
Speaker 1: There's no guarantees.
Speaker 18: The nine to eleven.
Speaker 14: What's a good example, great example the Exon in the nineteen eighties. And I don't know if you remember that, but within a week or two the whole economy in Denver turned around.
Speaker 6: That's before my time. When you say, Xon, I swear to God, you're gonna find this funny. I actually didn't realize you associated with Denver. I was sinking Alaska and the Valdees, and I bet that just destroyed whatever communities were there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 14: Well they had a lot of office buildings here and they just like all of a sudden moved out and the market just really changed, you know that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Well, not much warning, but that would be that That's where you got to kind of leave it up to these experts to say, hey, this could possibly happen, and to kind of look at the different scenarios out there. But I mean, there's really, there's really not much. I don't care if it's a stock you buy, I don't care what the exception of some annuities, nothing's really safe. And like I said, even on some annuities, there's a chance that a meteorite hits and you never get your principle back.
Speaker 7: I mean, anything can happen, Anything could happen, and doom and gloom.
Speaker 2: You cannot over down that you could. Ah, there you go.
Speaker 1: So, I mean it's kind of nuts that way, but hold on, we'll be right now.
Speaker 12: Question, how can you wake up dead?
Speaker 1: Well, that's why I said it.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 1: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two