Speaker 1: One O one with Lynchintaco.
Speaker 2: This is Orlando's rock station one O one one w j R. Our sponsored this hour Taco Bob.
Speaker 1: Rhythm on Ruby this Saturday afternoon into the evening. Tavaries coming back out to do this again. H W j r R. I'm gonna be out there Ruby Street Tavaries this Saturday. It's free to get in. There's two stages of music and gates open at four o'clock in the afternoon, So come on out. I'm gonna have some bwo stickers for you Tavaries. I know we haven't handed them out there. I'll see if I have any. If we have any BWO cooozies lefts as well, and you know we'll have great concert tickets Op Rhythm on Ruby Street Tavaris this Saturday, starting for admissions free.
Speaker 2: There's a little fun fact. I've never what divulged on this show. Give it to me. When I was a young child. Yeah, our family of six briefly lived in the duplex on Ruby Streets. We'd hold on pomp Beach Gardens.
Speaker 1: Okay, I was gonna say you you were down south.
Speaker 2: We were. It was our temporary place. We were living, crammed into waiting for this house we were trying to buy to become available Ruby. It was fun in a duplex with six people and not a lot of room. Nope.
Speaker 1: But we're gonna be in a different Ruby Street this Saturday. There's gonna be plenty of room for everybody, a bunch of music, good tax.
Speaker 2: Remember me and a buddy friend I made on Ruby Street got in trouble for throwing dirt bombs at the daycare center wall.
Speaker 1: Come on, why would you do such a thing? Probably because I was like five, Oh, so you were in said daycare.
Speaker 2: No, No, where we lived the duplex was right next door to this daycare and from the backyard area, it's where we picked up the dirt bombs and threw it at the wall of the daycare.
Speaker 1: You noticed how I chastised you about throwing some dirt bombs, But if you remember the fun fact of when I was a kid, what I threw at the side of the Lincoln Memorial.
Speaker 2: You muddied up the Lincoln Memorial with muddy.
Speaker 1: Shoes, with muddy vans, way back when people didn't even know what vans were.
Speaker 2: Now they're everywhere. Ruined trend Cent an update on his story we told you about a couple of years ago at this point, and it got mixed in a deluge of heavy equipment joy ride stories that we've had over the years. There was a guy in an excavator in Winnipeg, Canada who caused over a million dollars worth of damage to the City of Winnipeg's water treatment center. He had his sentencing hearing, and the judge was hearing from both his defense and prosecution as to what the judge did sentence.
Speaker 1: This guy, Dude, you stole an excavator and did all that damage. Now trouble's coming.
Speaker 2: He did. He did concede that he had used and meth within the twenty four hours prior to the offense, of course, but that, however, he said, did not did not factor into the fact that what was he supposed to do when the operator excavator left the keys in the ignition goes, Anybody's gonna do what I did and play demolition derby. Any big kids are gonna play demolition derby. I got carried away. I love my city and I regret what I did.
Speaker 1: It's too tempting, and now my water bill's up higher because of the damage I caused. I'm getting ridiculed by the neighbors. So please judge the crack and whatever had nothing to do with it. Please be easy on me. It's way worse than throwing dirt bombs at the daycare center, yeah, or your my muddy vans at the Lincoln Memorial.
Speaker 2: So the prosecution is seeking a thirty five month sentence for him, and his defense lawyers are trying to get him off with probation. The judge will render a ruling next week.
Speaker 1: You know they're gonna give him community service. That's the water treatment, Joant, You've got to he's simming the crapper.
Speaker 2: He is.
Speaker 1: He's giving the duty water.
Speaker 2: Put him in the area that stinks. That'll teach him. Get him on it. Right now.
Speaker 1: The look at the snow in New Orleans. It's a different kind of sight, Ain't it pretty cool? Uh? He does kind of have a point. I don't back him at all. What he did was in it was just wrong. The meth in the crack cocaine, I absolutely agree. No, no, shouldn't do meth in crack cocaine.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: I kind of back him on, but I don't back him. But a little bit of the keys and the ignition, just asking for a grown adult. I mean, for God's sakes, they have a place where we can rent a tank to crush vehicles. I forgot about that joint. I saw the Uh. I saw the billboard for it on the way home from games.
Speaker 2: I have a real tank. Yeah, last week I saw the billboard. I think it's already done the machine gun place. We might as well line up the tank.
Speaker 1: Should Yeah, bring that business back to life, because I'm sure it's hurting. I haven't thought about it in probably five to ten years.
Speaker 2: But drive a tank field trip down. That's an idea. Start whole lot.
Speaker 1: Drive a tank field trip now? Is this just awesome? And two listeners?
Speaker 2: Probably because this isn't the time to hash all that, just put it down as a thought starter. In the new Rick said, we're's gonna be some brainstorm and meeting coming up, so we need to come to the table with something.
Speaker 1: Hopefully now today after a three day week, and my brain has a big enough storm.
Speaker 2: Anyway, you just sit there with your feet up and relax. It's gonna be okay, stormhead.
Speaker 1: I'm comfy. I'm comfy.
Speaker 2: Uh. German researchers believe they have found quite a very simple technique to get hard to please kids to eat their fruits and vegetables.
Speaker 1: Somebody takes it in with a belt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no, no, I hear you. We definitely you know, hey been there, you know.
Speaker 1: Took the brunt of it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The kids apparently will buy into eating fruits and vegetables. They found in eighty percent of the cases after an extended study on spending about twenty minutes reading kid's fairy tales that involved magical fruits and veggies where the hero was either healed or saved by.
Speaker 1: Eating them spinach, Popeye.
Speaker 2: After the story was done, they offered the kids a choice of four different snacks fruits, vegetables, cake, or cookies. It turned out it made them more likely to choose the healthier options, but not just right after they heard the story. It had a lasting effect. Eighty percent of the kids were still eating more fruits and vegetables weeks later.
Speaker 1: If you thought you could get forearms like Popeye from not Beaten Off, I mean who would?
Speaker 2: Sorry?
Speaker 1: But who would not love spinach? I like spinach as a kid. Plus I like the leftover yourself, A little hotty like olive oil. Oh yeah, and a buddy who likes burgers and he'll pay for it later. Same cartoon, right, brutus. I think wimpy, wimpy like the burgers. Don't start texting. No, I like spinach, and like I said, they let you know aftermath, kind of like corn, corn and spinach. Maybe veggies aren't great for us because we see him, right.
Speaker 2: I still, I mean, I see this all I find to this day. I won't eat Lima beans. I hate Lima beans.
Speaker 1: From your daycare days, right, No, I just.
Speaker 2: Don't like Lima beans. I've never liked him. And you know, I don't care how they're prepared or mushed into or whatever.
Speaker 1: No, I could do a Lima bean. Peas. Those were my nemesis as a kid at Kitty Haven, my daycare, kitty Haven Winter Park. We used to throw them under the table and when you stomp them because it was of course the canned peas.
Speaker 2: Oh those are yeah, the mushy ones, yeah, just green mush there's one that there's peas now like you're doing this veggie steamer bags. Those are solid.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But as a kid, mushy peas and mac and cheese, okay, And you always liked the PBJ right. Oh yeah, yeah, from kid Town. It was a kid town, top Town. Top Town.
Speaker 2: That's where I got did my award winning Blue ribbon winning tall.
Speaker 1: Tree Tall Tree.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: See, at least I remembered that you like PBJ from your daycare.
Speaker 2: Top Town was on Indian Town Road, which I don't even know if you can call it that anymore.
Speaker 1: Come on, of course you can just like the Redskins one of them. Hey, somebody said we got tank feedback. Uh that tank place is expensive. Uh somebody as a mechanic what I don't know, tank drive BWO to the max that.
Speaker 2: I like the nice tie in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, driving a tank would be cool. Hell yeah, all.
Speaker 2: Right, let's let's we're going to get back to you on that. Like b a pizza. It's in the works. I have one more quick story to share here and more on this on our Facebook page, w j R Facebook page, and the Lynching Taco blog at w JR dot com. As they continue to try to finish fighting those firefighters in California.
Speaker 1: Specially fighting firefighters but.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, firefighters fighting the fires in California. Yeah, especially that Palisades fire. Now we've got two people over the weekend who came in from Oregon that had been arrested for impersonating firefighters. Dustin and Jennifer Nell were deemed suspicious by on site emergency workers when they drove into the area in a fire truck that it turned out they quote purchased at an auction. The Nels also claimed to be from the Roaring River Fire Department and were decked out in turnout gear, cowfire t shirts, helmets, and had radios. And it turns out, on top of all that, Dustin has a criminal history including arsen Uh. You got a guy who went out and bought his own fire truck. It's playing fireman dress up and driving this into the evacuation and he's a convicted arsonist.
Speaker 1: She's just along for the ride and he's dangerous.
Speaker 2: Well, it sounds like their husband and wife, do huh?
Speaker 1: I thought it was impersonating fire people or firemen and women, you know, to pick up chicks or guys you know out of the bar.
Speaker 2: This is the one who wants to set fires and then be the hero and put him out on his own, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like my friend, my girlfriend at the time, her sister had sex with a World Cup soccer player back in the early nineties. Remember when the World Cup was here, Remember that the massive game, Yes, smoking Hot July Day or whatever. Yep, her and her friend fell for Oh, I'm a football player, resome with some dude probably named Sean not Jean Right. Swear true story on demand, Download the iHeartRadio app. A noisy ground