Speaker 1: Here fifty five care and C the talk station. It's one say Americans for Prosperity. Donovan Andeo joins the program at this time talk stuff and things and most notably stuff and things inside the Big Beautiful Bill. Welcome back, Donovan and Neil. It's great to have you on the program. Brian, always good to be with. Yeah. So your personal take on this still called Big Beautiful Bill. I hate that name, honestly, I said that before. I really wish it wasn't called that. I wish we could call it something else. But beyond that I had I was disappointed that didn't cut, you know. I mean, at one point five trillion dollars and cuts over ten years when we're blowing through an extra two trillion plus a year, it just doesn't do much by way of writing the overspending in government. And I can't get over that, in spite of the fact that it's got some great things in it. Donovan.
Speaker 2: Your reaction, Yeah, well, I think you know, none of this stuff is ever is ever beautiful, despite the naming of the one big of the bill being one Big Beautiful Bill. But what I think is important here is what Speaker Johnson and House Republicans did is they operated from the premise that this is this is our money, not Washington's money, right, and so they remained laser focused on cementing in one of the largest tax cuts in American history, right by making permanent those twenty seventeen Trump tax cuts, something that a lot of folks said may not even be possible. Maybe at best they can extend them for five to ten years. Maybe they can do it if they increase the top marginal rate. But no, they did it, Brian. They made the Trump tax cuts permanent through what they've done. Now it goes to the Senate, and I think what you're seeing from senators like Ron Johnson and others right where you've also got a smaller podcast, a smaller number of folks, right fifty two members to organize and rally that the conversation is around the deficit spending right and getting some of that, getting some of that fiscal note into a better place. And so I think through this sausage making process, you know, the hope would be right we get to an even better product for those folks who are focused on the deficit in the spending, which is an important area. But I think the most important thing we did we've seen happen here, right, is what the goal was from the beginning of this year was to make a lot of to make the Trump tax cuts permanent, follow through on the campaign promises of even lower taxes that Republicans campaigned on last year to earn our votes, and then House accomplish that in this bill.
Speaker 1: I mean, I get all that, and I know it's a big thing to have the Trump tax cuts made permanent, because that means some future Congress is going to have to undo them by raising taxes, which is never a popular thing to campaign on or run on. But you know, as long as the deficit keeps increasing, it feeds the notion that raising taxes on Americans is somehow going to stop the excess spending in government and be applied to lowering the whole we've dug ourselves in. And Donovan, you and I both know that never ever happens.
Speaker 2: Well it never ever happens. But I think what we've got, what we're starting to see here is a bit of the change in the culture, right, And I think one of the areas that as we get through this over the next few weeks and we start looking at what the next fight is going to be over the next three years the Trump administration. I think one of the biggest things folks need to zero in on. One of the things that the Trump administration and Republicans in Washington, as long as they have control, can do to cement a legacy is to really get at that administrative state, take that doge idea right, and really supercharge that really begin to change the way that washing operates. We're not going to see that deficit debt go away overnight, but if we can begin to get at some of that administrative state stuff and really zero in on getting government more efficient and operating better, which is going to take a combination of congressional action and executive courage, we can then get to in that long run, get to a better place. And so I think, you know, some of that is promises made later on. I think Brian Wright and I'm not eftical to that. And it's why working in the grassroots organization like AFP, I know we're going to be committed to continuing to hold folks feet to the fire right. We don't see this as something that gets done. Everybody celebrates the tick or Tate parade, happens, and we all go back and just wait to see what happens next. We're our organization right remains committed to engaging in that space. And so that's where I have a bit of confidence, right, Brian, even though I'm jaded all a lot of this stuff, I have a lot of confidence that, hey, we'll get this done, keep working on this, and then what we really need to spend the next three years, well, now that we've made the tax cuts permanent, is getting that administrative state, aka the deep state right under control, rained in and cementing that in some way so that the next progressive administration to come through the White House isn't able to undo a lot of the good work that's being done right now in Washington.
Speaker 1: I know you're always going to remain hard at work on these issues. It's just a question of, you know, work AFP does and the desires of AFP consistent with I think a vast majority of my listening audience and me, it's hurting the cats in DC and getting them to do something that, oh my god, it might harm my state. Ergo, I refuse to cut any program. Let's talk a little bit more about what's in this particular bill, and what's what's going to happen going forward with Donovan and Neil for Americans for Prosperity. Pause for a moment and let me recommend saving fifteen hundred and fifty dollars. You can do that. If you need a new HVAC system, that's you need to talk to the good people at Zimmer Heating and Cooling Experts. They are superior customer service. Price is always right, most notably if you're gonna save that kind of money on a new carrier comfort system. But they've been keeping area homes safe, efficient and comfortable for about eighty years. Family tradition. Chris Zimmer's at the helm now, and he'll be happy and his team will be happy to help you out with a smile on their face. Saving money, so take advantage of it while it lasts. The cash rebate offer Zimmer Heating and air Conditioning cool Carrier Comfort Rebate fifteen hundred and fifty dollars. To reach him five one three, five two one ninety eight ninety three five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three online, it's go Zimmer dot com. Fifty five car the talk station Channel nine first one of well four ks cloudy skuys today highest seventy one is gonna remain cloudy overnight in part anyway. Fifty six for the low sunshine tomorrow is seventy five until the evening. They say some rain will roll in, obviously taking clouds for that the chancelling overnight fifty nine for a well sixty seven under partly potty skies on Friday fifty nine. Right now, let's get a traffic update formaly. You see how traffic center. You see Healthy.
Speaker 3: You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal on it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's foundless care for a better outcome, so expect more. You see health dot com stapbound seventy one break lights now just below fields Aretle off and on through ken Wood Northbounds heavy out of Kenwood into blue Ash stathbound seventy five. That's a slow go in and Adam Baklin North found seventy five is close to a fifteen minute delay between Florence and downtown. Then heavy again Mitchell through to town Street Chuck Ingram on fifty five krs. The talk station.
Speaker 1: Should I seven forty fifty five KRCD Talk station, don On a Neil Americans for Prosperity on talking about the so called big Beautiful Bill. All right, so we got the permanent tax cuts in there. Some of the other highlights. I love the work requirement for Medicaid for people who are capable of working. I mean, no one who is truly on life's margin, disabled and others are going to lose Medicaid. And this is a big talking point for the Democrats. Oh my god, all these people are gonna lose. Well, if you just work eighty hours a month, which isn't a big ask, go to school, participate in community service or something, then you'll be able to keep your Medicaid benefit. So I don't consider that too much of an ask. Donald And it also may liberate people from the umbilical court of government, because, as I've been harping on, there are so many trade jobs out there that you can earn while you learn, and also learn a career level trade. So use this time to your advantage and don't have to worry about being on Medicaid anymore.
Speaker 2: Donovan, Well, yeah, and actually on that, I agree one hundred percent on that. I think that's really important policy and one of the things. I was actually just yesterday in Columbus with the Associated Builders in Contracts, Yeah, the merit based construction workers, right, and they were talking about all the jobs that are available. They had Daveyo's lieutenant governor and the lieutenant governor them through and Trestle, and they were talking about the opportunities out there. And so yeah, and I think that's part of what we see in this bill right through those Medicaid work with crorements. What we're doing is we're saying, hey, you know, government can be a handout, but not a handout, right, that old adage. And that's really one of the things right the biggest driver in state budgets right now, Brian, Right, half of the Ohio state budget goes to healthcare because of these federal programs. And when you talk to the lawmakers in Columbus, while they're doing we're working on different things, trying to find different waivers. In a particular Representative Ville identified potentially even six billion plus in waste that may be there because of a lack of oversight. What we really need the federal government to do is loosen up its rules and restrictions so that the states can have more flexibility to run these programs that are and more efficiently as long as we're going to have the requirement to have them. And so I think that is an important part of the bill and something they get done in a good way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no question about that. The one other thing I was disappointed in is increasing this salt deduction. I mean, we're just it's a gift the American taxpayers are shouldering the burden of high tax states like New York, New Jersey, and California with the increase in the salt deduction. But you know, damn it, those Republicans wouldn't vote for the whole bill unless they got what they wanted, which is a subsidy for their high tax states.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, I mean that's a that's an element of this the y raging caucus that you've got to bring together right across the country. But I do think, yeah, as long as we continue to subsidize sault. One of the one you know, one of the things I said several times and a lot of folks I think think the same way is, you know, make these folks pay their high taxes. They're in blue states like New York and California. Right that imposed high burden taxes on them. The only way you change the political culture is by creating that pain point. That pain point ought to be You're going to pay your high tax bill until you elect good conservatives who recognize that that money is not you know, Sacramentos or New York Cities, it's your money, exactly, get it in your pocket.
Speaker 1: But I think that was the original idea behind the concept of capping it. You know, I mean, they will say, no, Moss, I cannot afford the outrageous tax bill I'm paying because I no longer can deduct this these taxes from my federal income taxes. We need to get people out of office, we need to have our taxes lowered. So it just didn't happen, Donovan. That's just it just didn't happen. So now they got a little more flexibility. Although it is capped at five hundred thousand dollars annual income, correct, Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Think it's a little just a little higher than that, but yeah, there's something like that. So, you know, the progressives, the folks who say they're rich don't pay enough. I guess the retell continue to pay a little more in these coastal elite states. But yeah, I mean, I think that gets at a bigger problem though. It's something that you know, I think we need to continue to beat the drum on and be consistent. Is that, you know, the federal that we olfuscate the actual cost of government when we have these various deductions and credits and other things, and the salt I think is one of the ones that's in the mainstream conversation, and I think even beyond the passage of this bill, continuing to talk about that and what that the the distortion that that causes I think is important. And so you know, but you do what you got to do to get the votes. I guess, right, if you're don't envy the speaker and the.
Speaker 1: Role that he's in, well, I appreciate that it repealed some of the Inflation Reduction Act Green New Green New Deal programs, uh, the credits for electric vehicles, which I'm not a fan of.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, and I think you know, one of the things that you know, we will get you to point to, and I think in the Senate is an area that there's still opportunity probably to identify some additional savings and cost reductions here is in the inflation Reduction Act. Right, these subsidies, these great Energy New Deal programs that you know, the Biden administration put in, are you know, harmful and costly to the America public. And we're underscored and the cost they would be by the Congressional Budget Office. We underestimated the impact of those to the national debt. And so I think that's an area that you know, was also up for discussion in the House. Unfortunately, they saw the light and said, yeah, we're gonna We're gonna end a lot of these subsidies. Hopefully, you know, whatever's left over the Senate can can tackle and take care of well.
Speaker 1: And speaking of the Senate, I know Raan Paul came out in strong opposition to increase in the nation's debt limit. By what did the final bill have it for a four trillion dollar increase or is it five? I know it started out at five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think those those the CBO estimates somewhere around there in there. But I think one thing that's important right in the CBO estimates is they continually get this wrong. The CBO gets this wrong right, And so I think what you really need to be paying attention to. We've seen more and more members begin to call that out because the tactic that our opponents utilize very well to slow roll tax reform, but we use very ineffectively to stop bills like the Inflation Reduction Act from happening. They got they underestimated the Inflation Reduction Act by uh I think they said the CBO said it would the national or the deficit, sorry, by eighty billion dollars. Ultimately, recent scoring of it has shown that it's actually increased the national deficit by something like three hundred to five hundred and sixty two billion dollars. And so they get these numbers wrong a lot. And I think the thing we want to remain focused on with this bill, right is it operates from the premise that this is our money out Washington's. So tax cuts aren't don't contribute to the national debt. Tax cuts go into our pockets. We invest that money in the economy, and Washington sees that money come back. We hit five trillion dollars in federal revenues this year, right, five trillion dollars in money the government's taking out of our pockets and putting into Washington DC. We don't have a spending problem in Washington. We a, we don't have a revenue generation problem, we have a spending problem, and yeah, we need to get that under control. And centators like rand Paul pointing that out are an important part of getting the culture shift happen.
Speaker 1: Well, I presume the next call to action is going to be pressure on senators. Where do you see this shaking out? Well, let's just hypothetically say Ran Paul gets his way and they put in a lot more cuts to federal spending. They don't raise the nation's debt limit as much, or perhaps don't raise it at all. They get rid of the salt increase and take it back to ten grand or something, some of the things that a lot of these senators have advocated for. And it goes back to the House with those in it. And then you got the Republicans who are hold out saying no, no, I'm not getting my way. Does it then collapse? Does it then collapse? And we we're back to square one?
Speaker 2: Donovan, Well, failure isn't an option here from the very beginning. Failure isn't an option. Right, So the same proverbial gun that's to the head of the sub of the US Senate, right that if you fail to get this done, Americans are going to see a tax increase occur. That exists even if the Senate is able to accomplish a lot of those goals, and it goes back to the House, right that the House still needs to get that done. Right because at the end of the day, this is what I'm making permanent, the Trump tax cuts. And so, you know, I think through this process, right, it's never beautiful. You know, even when you're dealing with one big beautiful bill, it's never beautiful. It never looks good, it's never very comfortable. But I think what we have is that opportunity to send it to get an even better product that then goes to the House and the members have the same there's still the same calculus they have today. They have to get this done or else the American people are going to see a tax increase. The average American will see Ohio and I'll see a tax increase of fifteen hundred dollars per year if Congress fails to act. And so that's the mission, that's what they've got to get done, and we'll continue to hold them accountable, feet to the fire and focused on getting that accomplished. In this bill to the President's desk, ideally by the fourth of July.
Speaker 1: Well, my popcorns out and I'm waiting.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: The one thing that's it's rarely brought up, and being a firearms enthusiast, myself and a lot of my listeners appreciate the Second Amendment right to keep them bare arms, the gun suppressors. That it got rid of the two hundred dollar tacks on the gun suppressor. Has it removed them completely? Are Are they no longer subject to an FFL background check and approval from the government.
Speaker 2: Ooh, I am not as dotant on that that piece as you and so care listeners might be. Yeah, yeah, I just know that they were they that two hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: There well a lot of good things in it, not enough is from my perspective. But then you know, I just I watch us with this existential threat of overspending, and no one is willing to, you know, tear the band aid off and say, you know what, we just can't continue down this road, and this bill in large part, continue this down this the same profigate spending mode, and hopefully the Senate will transform it and the House will pass whatever the Senate passes, but we've got Donovan and Neon Americans for Prosperity there to help us push it along the way. What's the call to action for my listeners today, Donovan, Well.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, we need you to go to protect Prosperity dot com. Protect Prosperity dot Com. That's been our overarching campaign from the beginning this year to make the Trump tax huts permanent. That's what'll remain laser focused on getting done. And always appreciate your listeners who chip in and help by reaching out to their senators, their congressman to drive that very message you're sharing there, Brian, right, that we need a good product, we need to rent in our debt, we need to make the tax huits permanent, and we need to unleash American opportunity and prosperity once again. And that's what you do by going to protect Prosperity dot Com.
Speaker 1: Protect Prosperity dot com, get on, get over there, help out, get in touch with your elected officials, and let's get this job done. Dot van Neil, thanks for all that you do at Americans for Prosperity. I appreciate hearing from me every week and look forward to next week with another report. Always good chatting with you, Brian, have a great week you too, come up at seven fifty one if if you have CACD talk station another word for chimneycarefireplaces. So it's a great time a year to take care of your chimney safety issues. And one of the things you might not think about is water damage. And so Chimneycare Fireplaces though, is there at your side doing a free exterior evaluation of your chimney. So you got a chimney, you can call them and they will look got an inspector for free. They're experts at what they do and they've been around locally own and operated since nineteen eighty eight eight plus with a better business bureau. If they find any problems out there, they certainly can solve them for you. So avoid a massive problem with water damage by getting that free inspection. If you have a wood burning fireplace or stove, get the woodburning sweep in evaluation the Spring special. It's only one sixty nine ninety nine thorough video camera inspection and certified chimney sweep taking care of the sweeping. Figure out if you had a chimney fire already. Yeah, your lining will probably be cracked. You don't want to burn your house down. That's what an unclean chimney flu can lead to. So let's take care of that. And that way, you know, you can operate your fireplace or free standing stove well without having any worries this fall when the temperatures drop. To take advantage of these opportunities called five one three two four eight ninety six hundred five one three two four eight ninety six hundred, book the Appointment online Chimneycare Co dot com, fifty five KRC dot com.
Speaker 2: Texting enrules you want to reoccurring on a