Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped up news.
Speaker 2: You need advice, so you don't have the.
Speaker 3: Come running just as fast as we can.
Speaker 2: Show Shooter's gonna help, come.
Speaker 4: Dix. It's the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Paige.
Speaker 5: Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show Man. Do we have a lot to talk about today? It's car Friday. And I got my uh my honorary car Morons in the expert Morons. Moron is a, by the way, a title of honor on this show. You can afford. Huh, It's an affection, yes, YouTube morons. And then we have Facebook flunkies. I don't I don't like Facebook. I never I don't spend time on there. I've gotten rid of all my pages except our professional page there. And then welcome, by the way, and we got Kevin Calkin, Sheridan Auto Tech Jeffic Camera Transmission Deputy Docks in the studio. I don't know where our other deputies are parts unknown. They're walking around ready to take cases to help people out. And then also I have great news today. Southwest Airlines is abandoning. They're abandoning their stupid unassigned seat cattle call boarding. They're going with assigned seats. Bravo, bravo. You can pay for better seats, you can pay for priority, you can pay Yes, thank god. I liked Southwest except for their stupid, stupid seating system. It was the craziest, most ridiculous thing in the world. Especially people would get one a boarding pass, one in a family of nine, and then save seats, so priority meant nothing. If you pay for priority, it meant nothing. People. That was the biggest fall, the saving of the seats. The other one was it was terrible. It was just terrible.
Speaker 6: I hated it every minute of.
Speaker 5: It, and I knew you'd be talking about that and I was gonna stop on. Thanks Mark, good to hear you. By the way, are you back in town.
Speaker 7: We are. I am at the Franktown mother Ship today.
Speaker 5: I'm wondering why didn't you come in and say hi to everybody.
Speaker 7: I thought you were at home or I might have.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, anyway, here's the deal. Anyway, what we're doing is we're gonna now have a signed seating and you can pay for priority and all of that. Now, that's just more logical that this cattle call thing they were.
Speaker 8: I don't know wellout the saving, I kind of liked it, But you're right, saving seats was stupid.
Speaker 5: No, you liked it.
Speaker 6: So if it wasn't for saving seats, you'd like to see just so you could.
Speaker 8: Just randomly go on and sit where you want. I mean to me, that made you know, an aisle seat, you just go back a little further grab an aisle seat you don't want to.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I guess I see what you're saying.
Speaker 8: It's just more casual. It's instead of you know, trying to get the exact seat.
Speaker 9: You know, that's assuming that there were aisle seats.
Speaker 5: There were always ile set.
Speaker 8: There's always ill seat. I mean, if you paid the priority what ten bucks to get you know, in the first group or something, you can kind of pick where you want.
Speaker 5: So I once saw a baseball team save seats, went with the coach, safe seats for everybody, and so I look at it. I would say saving seats probably didn't happen the majority of time. It didn't. You know, somebody saves a seat for their wife. I don't care about that. But anyway, I'm really happy now Southwest will be probably the perfect airline, or will they raise prices now because they always had the best prices and bags free. Are they going to change all that? And another thing about these carry ons, They got to be more strict about those now. I know Mark was pissed at one airline. I forget which one it was, but they measured his thing and said he owes money and it's the arbitrary. It's because it fit in there in the dimensions. But then when they put it up on end it didn't. And he said, well that's not what when you have dimensions, for God's sakes, it's not a square, it's a rectangle, you know. And they tried to tell them standing it on end it went over the rectangle.
Speaker 6: Well that's ridiculous.
Speaker 5: I mean, the whole idea is to have a dimension. Otherwise, why didn't they just put a square there exactly?
Speaker 8: Well what about people traveling with kids? You get the car seat, the strollers, the you know they cover about.
Speaker 5: The first of all, let's just say it like it is. You know, kids should not be allowed anywhere on the airlines. They should be forced to take trains or buses. Let's just say it like it is. Well, no kids, know, kids for traveling or maybe not baggage, but maybe you have a compartment underneath that's pressurized that you can put them to sleep for the for the duration of the Yeah, okay, no seat belts, honey, there's a big bouncy house. I'm sure I'm going to get like somebody say, oh, how dare you? How dare you? Because there's no such thing as humor anymore. Yeah, they should put a place underneath the plane. It should be safe and pressurized. I don't want to see the kids gasping for air. But keep the little bastards down there, let them cry all day. I love kids. I'm just kidding, I really do. Let's talk to Lynn.
Speaker 6: Lynn and Daniel.
Speaker 10: Daniel, I'm sorry, my husband just stepped on my toe.
Speaker 11: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 4: Sorry.
Speaker 10: Okay, can you hear me on speaker?
Speaker 5: I can hear both of you. I can hear both of you. Man, what's happening?
Speaker 12: Well, okay, so we does some renovation for the house. This year is going to be our big year to the a lot of money out of different carry White House to get this done and put it behind us. Well, we heard a contract company called Kona.
Speaker 5: Ko and a ko and a and what were you doing?
Speaker 4: What were you?
Speaker 5: Was this a new house to you?
Speaker 12: It's a new well we've been here ten years.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, so it's a remodel.
Speaker 12: It's we're replacing a deck in the back that was the goal.
Speaker 5: Okay, the houses around us.
Speaker 12: They've done this replacement because.
Speaker 5: And you hired ConA. Okay, you're replacing a deck. And you hired ConA, and this is Lynn and Daniel and when you hired Kona. What went wrong?
Speaker 12: Well, it's ultimately what went wrong was they disappeared?
Speaker 5: Oh crap, Oh how much did you pay them?
Speaker 10: Well, pay twenty thousand dollars because we gave him a pobbet. Then we gave him money to order the material.
Speaker 5: So you paid total they did they totally disappear? Or are they just ghosting you?
Speaker 12: Well, right now they're ghosting. And I went by their office the other day. There's no sign on the door. It's Derek. It's locked up. No trucks in the back by the loading docks. And I talked to a gentleman who works for the company next door, and he's had the day before there was an older couple doing the same thing.
Speaker 5: Oh no, how much hey, Daniel or Lynn? How much work did they do?
Speaker 10: Nothing?
Speaker 13: They did?
Speaker 12: They did the drawings, inspection. Everything looked good. We were waiting for the next stage.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and then we got a regularly approval on the plan they came up with. They did was supposedly, you know, it was to prove an engineer.
Speaker 6: Did you get a permit?
Speaker 5: No, that was for them to pull Okay, so twenty grand and nothing nothing?
Speaker 14: Nothing?
Speaker 5: Oh my god. Okay, now that you know that's that's a crime. That that rises to the level of a crime when you consider the uh, let's see a Contractor's Trust Act. But did you how long ago? When was the last time you talked to KNA? When did you sign the contract?
Speaker 12: We have a DOCU signed document with them?
Speaker 5: When roughly April time frame in April? Got it in April? Okay? And who is the person behind KONA?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 12: We had numerous different points of content.
Speaker 5: Was there any owner that you did you ever deal with an owner or a principal?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 12: We dealt with first the estimator and then we dealt with They sent out two guys who were project managers.
Speaker 5: What research did you do on this company? I'm sorry, what research did you do? Well?
Speaker 12: Like everything else, we went online. We were at different reviews. I've got their Facebook page pulled up right now, and there's a number of glowing endorsements for them. We thought that this was going to be a reputable company. And from what we understand now talking to one of the former employees, he.
Speaker 5: Said, is it Kona Construction or Kona Contractors Contractors? Okay?
Speaker 10: And they are in LLC. And we signed the contract on May twenty first, twenty twenty four.
Speaker 5: Oh, May twenty first, okay, May twenty first, and they're in LLC.
Speaker 10: That's why we started coming out. We started, I believe the first time they came out was in April. But we signed the contract on Side twenty one, twenty four.
Speaker 5: That's okay.
Speaker 6: Now do you know other people this happened to.
Speaker 10: Well only when Daniel we went out yesterday and saw that the trucks were gone, the life were out, the company was seemingly gone on the business now.
Speaker 5: They were out of Highland's ranch, right.
Speaker 12: They Centennial Their office that I went to is on.
Speaker 15: Sure.
Speaker 6: Oh really, it's on easter incanta An near the airport there.
Speaker 10: It's one four five five zero, East Eastern Avenue, Centennial.
Speaker 6: One four five five zero okay, yes.
Speaker 10: East eastern. So anyhow so the business next door pulled my husband another couple, older couple pop by the day before and said they were contractors after house worked on their duck and they disappeared and haven't come back and they got nothing. So the last time we heard from the company was an email on July eighth telling us, because what you put everything in a queue, saying that we're the next one they're going to meet about and give us to deck because we were pushing them, what's when's our startgate?
Speaker 5: So then we got to do something about this. I wonder how many people have been ripped off? Did you I don't know if it'll matter, but did you go to the U let's see, did you go to uh the district attorney at all?
Speaker 15: So far?
Speaker 10: The only the only thing I've done is like I call the friend of mine who works in insurance business. She immediately recommended you. Two people immediately recommended you. And I am going to try and stop payment on a little bit we put on my credit card because I know this.
Speaker 5: Oh for sure. How much did you put on the credit card?
Speaker 10: Only only a little bit like under three thousand okay?
Speaker 6: And the rest? How did you pay the check?
Speaker 10: And the jack being cashed and that was to allegedly order all the materials as all track.
Speaker 5: Okay, we got to research this, We got to give this to somebody to dig into this. We got to figure out where he is and all of that.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and so now let me say one more thing. So the person that we have spoken to, his name is Luke. Luke was the initial person who came out and did the estimate, and he called up a couple of days ago to see what was going on and proceeded to tell us that he left the company because they were no longer paying him. And he told us the person, the admin person that we were dealing with, quit a week ago yesterday, and yeah, basically, and he and then he also told that this KNA was a very reputable company for many years, but two years ago they sold it to new owners. So that's that was not a parent in the research that we did.
Speaker 5: I'm looking at their Facebook page too. I'd like to know who the clown is behind him. Hold on, man, well, here's what we have to do. We have to find they're listed on Facebook as Highland's Ranch. You got that too, bro, Hyland's Ranch. Okay, hold on, let's see who we're going to give this to and then we'll talk to Greg about Cox and Dave about transmissions. Hold on, Lynn and Daniel, Hi, Tom Martino, your troubleshooter. You know, we just have to put the word out right now, we really do. Lynn and Daniel got ripped off for twenty grand and to know if anyone else has been a victim of this company right now? I mean we we can't find anything on them, and we were just trying to figure out where the hell they win, who the owner is. We're gonna have to go to Secretary of State see if we can find anything at all. This is atrocious. That's a lot of money to lose people. That's a lot of money. And we're talking about a company called ConA Contractors. Hey, maybe we start ln at this employee. Do you have any of the numbers of the people you dealt with that even if they left the company, maybe they'll help us out.
Speaker 6: Let me bring up that. There you go, Lynn or Dan, you'll go ahead.
Speaker 16: We have Luke.
Speaker 10: I do not hit his last name.
Speaker 5: No, but I don't want his number on the air. I want to get it off the air. So who else do you have in addition to Luke.
Speaker 13: Okay.
Speaker 12: They use a software called base Camp, which is a project manage sauce ware. In base Camp, you can keep on individuals who work for the company.
Speaker 5: But can you still log into base camp and see your project?
Speaker 12: I can, and there's there's nothing going on it. And I've been teeming there. I'm trying to get no.
Speaker 5: But I mean, are is there contact information? I want to be able. Here's what I want to do. We need to either find other victims or other people who have numbers or contacts for these people, so we can find someone who can tell us what happened, and then we can start trying to trace it to.
Speaker 6: The owner to see if there's fraud there.
Speaker 5: Hold on, Deputy Doc, Let's see if you have that one project manager or estimator's name. Let's give it to Doc and just call them and see what the hell you can find out. One of the question, Tom, this is a terrible thing people. I hope you're hearing money down. No money down, No money down except for extreme rare circumstances, and in those cases there are to make payment in order to help you. What were you gonna say, Doc, has your mind done?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Go ahead?
Speaker 9: Has the DA or detective contact to them after they reported this to the DA's office.
Speaker 5: I'm here, did you actually fill out a report with the district attorney?
Speaker 10: You're absolutely our first phone call.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's what they said. All right, hold on, we'll take it one step at a time. Then maybe Deputy doc will call to see if they ought any complaints about it. By the way, one thing I will tell you that we'll do absolutely no good is complaining to the Better Business Bureau. So I'm glad we were a first call because it's Better Business Bureau. Torontosaurus rex there, they're dinosaurs. They won't do anything. In fact, they'll probably have a great rating. Why don't we even look them on? Let's look them on. Look up their rating on the Better Business Bureau probably going to be a triple A. No dependability there. Let's talk to Greg now about Cox Communications. What's going on, Greg? What part of the country you're calling from.
Speaker 11: I'm gonna roar call.
Speaker 6: Do they have Cox and Aurora?
Speaker 11: No? I don't think they happen. Yeah, well I talked. I talked to them for about an hour. Yeah, and what happened was my mom is living in lafay at Louisiana in a care home. Yeah, and so she had a cable with Cox Communications.
Speaker 5: Okay, uh huh.
Speaker 11: So she had a lady that was was handling her bills with power of attorney down there, and that lady told me that when my mother passed away that the power of attorney ended.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's right.
Speaker 11: So she mailed me up a box of my mom's possessions. And then that box is a letter from Cox Communications. And I opened it up thinking it was maybely a because I knew that was their cable company. I thought maybe it was a bill for fifty dollars or something. I mean, I'd just get a money order and mail it to them. But it actually was a check for two hundred and eighty five dollars and forty five cents, which I guess the only thing I could figure because it doesn't say what it's for in the check. The only I can figure as it was for the equipment that she needed to, you know, hook up her TV.
Speaker 6: When your when your mom passed? When did your mom pass.
Speaker 17: Away on Easter of this year?
Speaker 11: Easter night?
Speaker 5: And was there probate was there any kind of an estate?
Speaker 17: No?
Speaker 11: Not really, she was My mom had a small pension from King Supers and Social Security, and I think her total amount of money a year she was making was like maybe fourteen thousand a year.
Speaker 6: Was there any kind of bank account?
Speaker 11: No, because, well because because her friend Jeanine had power of attorney, and you know I would I was mailing my mom two hundred dollars.
Speaker 6: Well, here's what I want to know. Did Janine walk with some cash.
Speaker 15: Apart?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 11: They they they helped pay for my mom's funeral and I paid for the rest of it.
Speaker 6: Okay, So there was what you're saying is there was no money.
Speaker 5: No, not okay, So.
Speaker 6: You're wondering what to do with this check.
Speaker 11: Yeah, So I called Cox and talked to him for about an hour and got and talked to three people, and they were nice people. But the third lady I talked to you, you know, I told her that I was Angelina's son, and she said, oh, we don't transfer names on checks.
Speaker 6: No, they're not going to do that. No, of course not. It's it's it's a it's look at here's.
Speaker 5: What happens most of the time. Let me just give you the reality. If you received to check a month after your mom died and everything's closed out. A lot of people would just sign her name and deposit it. That's what they would do, and it would most likely clear. Now other than that, Other than that, it's not going to be worth the time or trouble for two hundred and eighty five bucks. Okay, Now, if you can sign it and it gets deposited more power, that's fine. But I will tell you this, no one's going to prosecute you from You're not stealing anything.
Speaker 11: Would I sign my name or her name?
Speaker 5: I look at I'm I'm not going to tell you what to do. I'm going to tell you what people do. They would sign their mom's name.
Speaker 6: They wouldn't because Probates closed everything.
Speaker 5: There's no there's nothing to do. The money is rightfully hers. A lot of people would just deposit it in their account with their mom's signature. No one is going to check that signature at your bank. No one's going to care. You're gonna deposit it. They're gonna put a hold on it for a few days, then Cox is going to cash it. Do you think Cox is going to look and say, wait a minute, that doesn't look like Mabel's signature.
Speaker 6: I think her son did it. And then we're coming after her son.
Speaker 7: Why.
Speaker 5: Wow, we don't know, but her son is trying to steal money. Why is the money? Does the money belong to Mabel? Well, yeah, it's her refund. Well then what the hell do you care? I mean, come on, right now, right now, there is no crime for major stuff. You think they're gonna come after you for this? I think you're overthinking it, man, Let's just be honest. You're overthinking. Yeah, you got to check deposit the damn thing.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you know, I was thinking that if it would have been a fifty dollars bill for her cable, you know, a month of cable, I would have mailed them the money ordered with my name on it and would have gladly checked cash.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you.
Speaker 5: Wouldn't even have to pay that debt. People don't have debt, their estates do. But there was nothing to distribute, you said, so, really, you know you had to contribute to the estate to get her buried, let alone, let alone paying her bills. You don't have to. It just sounds like you're a nice guy, and you know that would have been nice for you to pay that cable bill. But it's not your bill. Now, had you gotten cash from your mom, it would not be inappropriate to pull out money from that cash to pay her last bills. I mean, there was a whole process that was supposed to be done when she died that obviously wasn't done. You know, like you're supposed to put out a notice to creditors and all of that crap.
Speaker 6: But listen, with an older woman like that, nobody cares.
Speaker 5: You don't have to inherit debt, but you can, you know, miscellaneous thing she has, you can just take it and dispose of it the best way possible. Dave, what's going on with you? Hello?
Speaker 1: Dave?
Speaker 18: Hey, Donald's going today?
Speaker 5: Good Man? What's going on?
Speaker 13: Hey?
Speaker 18: I got a Mozo X five twenty sixteen. A couple of weeks ago. You guys are talking about transmission fluss and change.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we were talking about whether you should change, whether you should flush. And then there's another question I flagged that I got earlier this week. I want to bring up a guy had a sealed transmission. He wants to know what to do. So let's take your question first. What is your question?
Speaker 18: Well, I don't have any transmission issues. The car's running fine, and I'm just wondering if to prolong the transmission, if it's change the fluid or flush the fluid or just let it go.
Speaker 14: Do you definitely want to change the fluid. It's just like changing your engine oil. You're not having any problems with it, so why would you change your engine oil. I mean that fluid is going to break down over time and use, and you're going to get particular in there you want to clean out. So it's the most cost effective means you can use of keeping that transmission on the road as long as possible.
Speaker 6: But is there a difference between a change and a flush?
Speaker 1: There?
Speaker 14: Definitely is.
Speaker 5: We ask it all the time. What's the difference and what should you do?
Speaker 14: The places that use flushing machines, you know, they usually interrupt a one of the coodler lines. They basically give a dialysis change all the change, all the fluid out? Is it?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 5: Is it good?
Speaker 14: The biggest problem with it is unless they're dropping the pan and changing the filter, it is not truly getting all that debris out of there. Everything's got to go through that filter before it gets to that machine, So you get nice clean looking fluid and you're not getting rid of the debris. So if you couple it with a transmission service, then yes, it's definitely good. And it depends which way they flush it too, one hundred percent. Yeah, you can flush it through the pan and take all the debris and put it right through your transmission. Yeah, so what should he so a conventional service where you drop the pan and change the filter. If you're doing that every three years of thirty six thousand miles, there should never be in need for a flush.
Speaker 8: Yep.
Speaker 5: Does that say anything? Bro?
Speaker 18: I think, well, I've heard that what you do a flush that you also came run into problems where there wasn't a problem to begin with.
Speaker 5: Yeah, is that true? By the way, is that true?
Speaker 14: Fifties and sixties people will go in, you know what, eighty thousand miles or so to finally get the transmission service, and well you were at the end of the life of the transmission, so they just blamed it on it. It's really a livestale. You're not going to cause more damage. Now, if I was to drop a pan and I see that there's a lot of debris inside your pan, I'm probably going to refuse to service it. Because when those problems appear you're likely going to blame them on me.
Speaker 18: Okay, So I would be looking at a flush is the better way to go, then a service?
Speaker 5: A service, there's no need.
Speaker 14: So you want to go to a reputable transmission shop and get a service done?
Speaker 18: Okay?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and and keep it service. Now when we come back, we'll take, of course your calls whatever you have. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. We'll also talk about so called sealed transmissions or lifetime transmissions. Hi, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Is Marky Marcon. Yeah, okay, Marky, Mark listen. Did you know I love talking to him about this stuff. Did you know that Kamala Harris was never the borders are Well technically that's correct, but she was in charge of the border, you know she is.
Speaker 7: She was not just voted, but rated more liberal than Bernie Sanders if you can believe.
Speaker 5: That she was. She was one of the biggest proponents of defunding police. Yeah, she was the.
Speaker 9: Big right, Mark, the most liberal senator in the in the.
Speaker 7: Senate, Yeah, the most which was right next to Bernie there. I mean, it's really remarkable. Well, no, it's not. I mean that they're a bunch of lefties. I mean they want to see a globalist society.
Speaker 8: Well she's proud of it too.
Speaker 5: Anyway, I want to talk to Lynn and Daniel. They hired Kona contractors. They spent twenty grand and got nothing. They disappeared and we looked into this a little. They dissolved. Was it yesterday or today?
Speaker 14: It was yesterday officially yesterday.
Speaker 5: Now, when you dissolve in LLC, you have to you cannot have outstanding bills or issues. You can't. Okay, so well, they don't stop you from dissolving, but it's improper and that means you no longer have the protection of an LLC. Now that's really important Lynn and Daniel, and I'm going to tell you why because the fact that they dissolved it and did not disclose the money they owed or bond or anything like that that can extend personal liability to the owner. And we have two names listened here. We have a registered agent listed as Jason Sakri. Have you ever heard that name? Lynn? I'm sorry, have you ever heard that name?
Speaker 12: I did, just came across it on their website.
Speaker 5: But did you ever meet anyone named Lynn? I named Jason, Okay, what about Ryan Treadwell.
Speaker 12: No, I don't know Ryan travel all.
Speaker 3: We don't have another name.
Speaker 5: He's listed as the owner on the BBB site, and by the way, as predicted, the Better Business Bureau has them as an A plus accredited business. But that shouldn't surprise you. There are people in prison for fraud that have A plus ratings. So here's the deal. I think that we need to find this owner somewhere, and I'm not sure who we get to do that. We need to trace this guy. You know, people, it's amazing how little information they get about companies before they hand over all this money. We can do more research online and stuff, but unless we hear from someone who has some information on this Jason Sachar Now, Jason Sacgary could be nobody. He could just be a registered agent, an attorney, or somebody. Ryan Treadwell is listed as the owner. We don't know if he's the one that sold it. You said it was sold recently.
Speaker 6: It would be really helpful.
Speaker 5: Did you locate a number for anyone that used to work with the company that we can call? Okay, good? Did you give that to Deputy doc yet not yet?
Speaker 10: Nobody asked us.
Speaker 5: All right, Doc is gonna call you. Hold on and we'll get that number of that salesperson. Maybe we can get that salesperson on during the show. Uh kachina. If Doc can get the number, and let's see what he has to say about it. Three oh three seven one three A two five. Hey, I'm Tom Martino, your troubleshooter. Today's car day. By the way, if you do have any car questions, I have a ton of them. I save up. It's just amazing to me how many I get off car questions, probably one of the most common questions I get. Also, you can reach us at three oh three Martino twenty four seven three oh three six two seven eight four sixty six. So we're going to try to get a hold of one of these employees that work for ConA Contractors. We're also going to talk to people who've been victimized. If there are any, please give us a call. ConA Contractors. That's k O n A. They're in Centennial, also listed as Highland's Ranch. They do decks and backyards and what do they say, patios and stuff like that, and anyway on Facebook, we can't seem to find any information about the owner but as I said, when we put the word out, we usually.
Speaker 6: Do find information.
Speaker 5: That's what this show's about. That's why they were told to call us, because we usually do find information. All right. So one of the things I was discussing also the fact that Southwest Airlines is abandoning their open seating and boarding sections. They're going to go with assigned seating. And they said it was based on a survey saying that most travelers want assigned seats. And for my texts, I can see it. People are saying. Now there might be others, but and I haven't surveyed my YouTube morons, but basically in in my texting, people are saying, I that's the one thing I did not like about Southwest. I always felt like, you know, if I was we never knew if we were going to get a seat together, we with traveling families. It's terrible, and most people are saying they want it, they absolutely want it, So assigned seating.
Speaker 6: Now, they didn't give a date on when that's going to happen.
Speaker 7: But twenty twenty five, oh is that what they said?
Speaker 5: Okay, the end of this year, all right, thank you. What about sealed transmissions? Guys? Are they really sealed to begin with. When they say sealed, are they sealed or.
Speaker 8: They say sealed because there's no pain to drop to get to the filter. The filter's internal.
Speaker 14: Necessarily no, so they've it's sealed because they've they've removed access for you, the owner to be able to actually do things like check and add fluid. So you have to get underneath it, and there'll be someplace where normally would have been a fill tube, or there'll be an actual you know, multi put it in from the side exactly.
Speaker 5: But you can service the so called yes, now you should.
Speaker 14: He is accurate in the sense that someone is there are some transmissions you cannot access the filter hand has been notorious about that for generations.
Speaker 5: So what do you do?
Speaker 14: You just leave it fluid in it. Sometimes they have also, you know, like a toilet paper like looking filter that goes in line with the cooler, but the main filter itself is not accessible until you've got it apart.
Speaker 6: Now, can you add a cooler a cool not a coup filter.
Speaker 14: Yeah, you could add one in line one hundred percent doing them from since the sixties, but typically you know, when you add those on, it's usually after overhaul where you've had so much contaminant that you want to clean that stuff out that didn't get maybe cleaned out during a flush. You have the customer return in about two weeks and take it off because they bypass.
Speaker 5: Okay, So in any case, the bottom line is you don't believe in lifetime fluids.
Speaker 14: No. No, When you're transmission crashes, you just found out the lifetime of that fluid exactly.
Speaker 5: It's the lifetime of the transmission which is limited by.
Speaker 14: Not changing the fluid.
Speaker 5: It's ridiculous. They're doing it just so they can have that slogan. Well, you know, lifetime.
Speaker 14: People don't inherently don't want to spend money on preventedive maintenance. I mean, you'd rather go out and buy you a new PS five or a Sony flat screen TV.
Speaker 5: I think that's one of the allures of the EVS. I'm not saying there's no maintenance, but there's hardly any maintenance. Oh my god, they're unbelievable. They are unbelievable. Those motors are sealed. You you don't service those motors.
Speaker 14: Yeah, you know, you're starting to see it inside the engine world too, where there's no dipsticks. It's all registered off the computer.
Speaker 5: That's crazy. Well that's crazy, but then again, all of this is changing. We got more coming up its card. You can talk about cars, you can talk about anything you want. Three oh three seven one three A two five five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, rip.
Speaker 3: News.
Speaker 2: You need advice so you don't have the.
Speaker 3: Come running just as fast.
Speaker 1: As we can show.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 3: Come man, This is.
Speaker 4: The Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 5: No Tom Martine, Hi Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. We are solving problems, answering questions and taking complaints and making your life just a little easier. And we have a car day today. We have our car experts. Kevin Callkin shared an auto tech Jeff Vick kimmera transmission, Major Mark Major Marky Mark on his remote, and we are they're back from the road, by the way, a long road trip in an RV fun fun fun. I used to love that stuff, man, And anyway, except for the roads that can be a pain in the ass, right and Mark said that the Colorado roads are marketably Mark remarkably.
Speaker 7: I seventy is I seventy from Grand Junction to Denver. Man, there's potholes you can put a basketball in. But when you're towing something, the problem is your load shifts. So we drove over every you know, we drove everywhere Man Montana, Wyoming, California, Oregon, Nevada. The only place I had to tie our load, which was our car down multiple times was I seventy every single time on.
Speaker 5: I seven Road. I seventy in general or in Colorado, No, just in Colorado. In fact, it's crazy.
Speaker 7: Soon as you come in from Utah, it's like instant you go from a decent road to completely like something that was napalm in Vietnam. It's nuts.
Speaker 5: Now, that is kind of like, think about this, that's kind of like crazy. Are we gonna blame what the list for that? Or what I thought we had?
Speaker 7: I thought, didn't they sign some huge build it? You know, we're paying extra for groceries and everything else.
Speaker 1: They will.
Speaker 7: But in exchange, we were supposed to get new road highway.
Speaker 5: That's not a state highway. I seventy, right, that's an interstate. I don't understand how that works because I thought it was being an interstate that the federal government. Is there a Federal Highway Department or how do they or do they give funds to the state for it. However, I got to figure out how that works. I'm not really up on exactly how that works. Sean has a question about a diesel truck and then coming up Doc wants to talk about this. He talked to one of the ex employees of this Kona contractors. Will figure out what the lowdown on that is. Sean, your diesel truck, what do you got? What do you need?
Speaker 19: So I'm in the market for a new diesel pickup looking at the Ford's one ton.
Speaker 20: The prices were out of site.
Speaker 19: Recently, and I guess I've noticed them coming down a little bit. I was mostly curious from the professionals or whatnot about the new diesel pickups, maybe their predictions on where prices are going. I've read a couple of articles that they're coming down at the end of the year. Just curious from the experts.
Speaker 5: I'd also like to know what Ford model were you looking at? Did you say the three fifty? Is that the only diesel?
Speaker 14: The one three fifty?
Speaker 5: Oh it's a one ton, that's a one ton, that's right, okay, three quarter okay, So anyway, what do you guys think our price is coming down? Have you heard anything and what do you think about the Ford, and what do you think about the one he's looking at the F three fifty.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I like the Ford setup, but price wise, who knows. I mean, the prices have been high for so long. It's hard to tell. They can only them down, you know.
Speaker 6: Because are they topping at it around one hundred grand when.
Speaker 8: You you load them up real close?
Speaker 6: Colley?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 5: Okay? What about the Ford as opposed to Chevy or Dodge or does tunder make a diesel?
Speaker 6: No, Toyota doesn't, right.
Speaker 14: But I mean it's just, you know, speaking from the transmission world, you know, with the the Alison behind the Duramax, we see them on a much more rare basis than we do the Chevy or the Dodge.
Speaker 5: So the Duramax, you said, with Chevy Duramax, with the Allison with Alison transmission, you like? You like that combo well, with.
Speaker 14: The exception of the fact that doesn't help my pocketbook, yes, okay.
Speaker 5: Whereas what what's the Chevy combination?
Speaker 14: It's the Durmax diesel with the Alison Chevy.
Speaker 6: The Chevy that's the one you see less of it.
Speaker 14: I see a fewer of those than I do or.
Speaker 5: Ford combo with the Ford? Is that a diesel?
Speaker 14: No, I think they're made by and I'm not sure who's making them right now.
Speaker 5: Actually yeah so, but who's the tranning on that.
Speaker 14: There's a couple of different combinations you can get in there. You know, the six R one forty we don't see near as much as we do some of the other units today.
Speaker 5: What about Dodges, what do they have?
Speaker 14: They'll have either the AS sixty nine or they have the sixty eight RFE. We definitely see more of the sixty eight RFE.
Speaker 5: But in general, do you see more Dodges or more Fords?
Speaker 14: Fords?
Speaker 5: So Fords would be probably from your perspective, the most maintenance.
Speaker 14: As far as the transmission itself is concerned. And I'm only talking about the transmission, then yes, If I was going to pick between those three, Chevy then Dodge than Ford.
Speaker 5: Chevy then Dodge than Ford. What would you do as far as the engine? keV if you have the Dermax we never see really.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we were very very rarely even for leaks and just basic maintenance. So it's a much better place, guys.
Speaker 9: Is it paid to look for a one or two year old model and save a lot of money. The trucks they last a long time, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, in this market, we're all saying the way they would from what you guys are saying, the Chevy makes the better diesel. Sean, are you listening?
Speaker 19: I am, I appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, these guys are talking about maintenance. Man, that's the most telling to me, that's the most telling thing. ANDLS Dermax diesels are pretty good looking trucks too. Now as far as pricing goes, the reason they're talking about pricing coming down a bit is possibly due to a slack and demand because of the environmental pressures and the electric introductions. Do they have any decent electric trucks right now? Evs who's making a decent that could even stand up to a Dermax?
Speaker 14: Could stand up to a Dermax?
Speaker 8: Nobody?
Speaker 6: What is good about the dirt?
Speaker 7: You'd have no towing power?
Speaker 6: Is that the torque is that does not have towing power?
Speaker 14: No, you're gonna have towing power because you've got torque right off the bat.
Speaker 5: No, but it's only going to last like ten minutes by the way.
Speaker 8: Capacity.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a good point. Mark you're saying that our guy from a garage if you change for Actually, I keep screwing it up.
Speaker 7: But he bought a brand new Ford lightning truck. He couldn't even tow for thirty miles his equipment truck.
Speaker 14: Yeah, an article done on that right after they so.
Speaker 5: The towing capacity or the endurance goes way down.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 8: If you just drive around empty, you're fine. If you tow a heavy trailer, you're done.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm not kidding. He got thirty miles towing like a little U haul.
Speaker 5: You know what's going to happen as we make a transition if we do, I think you're going to see electric assist trailers. Think about that. I mean, really you could do that. You hook it up and you would have a motor assist maybe trailer to help, or or they have batteries on them unto themselves, or would that be stupid?
Speaker 14: I mean, I'm just thinking about a trailer pushing that truck, especially on.
Speaker 5: A not pushing, but an assist like an e bike. If you have like where you you can have some assist from let's say a self contained trailer that doesn't freewheel, but it has a motor and it has a battery pack. I mean and it's a it's an EV trailer. I mean, we're going to have to do something because with the way the country's going. And I'm not saying it's a good idea or a bad idea, but man, they're pushing EV's like it's the coming of Christ EV's. I mean, are they really going to not now? Of course, Trump says day one, droll, dro drill, and you know, but but where do we go? Are we eventually going to be all electric?
Speaker 13: Are we?
Speaker 14: This is going to be a flash in the pan?
Speaker 5: I mean there's way still electric will be a flash in the pan like the Internet.
Speaker 14: They will, they'll definitely have their place on the road. But you know, I think hydrogen is going to be the next place that everything's going.
Speaker 5: Uh so you think there will be alternatives, but it won't be electric necessarily.
Speaker 14: Correct?
Speaker 5: What do you think? What do you think? Mark?
Speaker 7: I think electric is going to be around for a long time and it's gonna get better and better. We're gonna see better batteries. But it doesn't matter when he says, drill, drill, drill. You have to because we need the power plants. Man, to have all the electricity, you've got to drill. You gotta have big semi trucks.
Speaker 5: You gotta have You're thinking too logically. But if you look at the environmental impact of all of this, I mean.
Speaker 7: Didn't didn't Pete but it what is it?
Speaker 5: Booted jes or whatever?
Speaker 7: Didn't it wasn't he showing off an electric car and drove it from like Washington to Pennsylvania somewhere, and he couldn't find any charging stations.
Speaker 9: Hey, guys, what do you think about nuclear I think.
Speaker 14: That's a nuclear car, No, George Jutson.
Speaker 9: Except for the power plants burning fossil fuel.
Speaker 5: No, No, I mean nuclear, you know, for absolutely, positively sure nuclear power. Those power plants are the answer. I know people say it's not, but I mean, you're talking about waste so small compared to the environmental impact of fossil fuels. The waste from nuclear power is practically non existent. Now it's dangerous waste and you have to get rid of it somehow. But it's well, what about that theory one time they were going to send them on rockets to space towards the sun? Was that?
Speaker 9: I think I brought that up at some point.
Speaker 5: You said that that they never proposed that that was never proposed. Anyway, I'm starting to sound like Trump now as far as my expertise. I'm just kidding. Uh So, Tom, what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Tom?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 12: Tom, Tom, it's good.
Speaker 20: It's good to talk to you again. I just wanted to give you a little little bit of an update. You and Mark and the rest of the team had been helping me out with my situation with mari Trans Express when they didn't pay me from services work back in early last year.
Speaker 6: Was that are you a Are you a trucker?
Speaker 15: Tom?
Speaker 20: You know I was delivering mail with amer Trans.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, sorry, I'm looking for this of Marriagans.
Speaker 5: Okay, keep going. What happened?
Speaker 6: You're you're a contractor for the post Office?
Speaker 5: Right that?
Speaker 17: That is correct?
Speaker 20: With the advice that you had given me and and all that stuff. I finally received a check from the United States Department of Labor for the hours that I was missing.
Speaker 5: Very good from that's really good to hear. So you got paid.
Speaker 7: I went to the labor board.
Speaker 6: Did you go to the labor board?
Speaker 5: Finally too.
Speaker 20: I had first gone through Colorado Department of Labor Hours and Wages, and then when it other people from Americrans were not paid. It was the United States Department of Labor actually took the lead on it, and it took a while. It drove my patience up the wall, but finally I got paid.
Speaker 5: That's really cool, Thank you very much. Hey, let's give him a dinger. Yes, Hi, Tom Martinez here, Welcome to the show three oh three seven on three Talk seven one three eight five five. So Doug has a question on emissions. Hello Doug, I'm Tom. You're on with the experts and major Mark Major. What's going on?
Speaker 15: I have a neighbor that doesn't speak any English, and she's got an emission situation with a FOURD escape older four escape and she needs to get that result.
Speaker 5: Now, what kind of an emissions issue is she having? It doesn't pass a light or what visible smoke? What's the what's the problem?
Speaker 15: No, doesn't pass. She needs she's trying to get registered, trying to get it.
Speaker 5: And do you know what year is it?
Speaker 15: At? At least five years old? I don't have an exact here.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, do you know why it's not passing? Was she given a sheet?
Speaker 15: I do not.
Speaker 6: Don't they tell you why?
Speaker 14: Yeah, you'll get get numbers on there for what she failed on. She should take that sheet into you know, a good mechanic and have them look it over and they can make suggestions on this.
Speaker 5: I want to ask you guys on emissions because this is a mystery to me if something doesn't pass and are they always fixable things? Is what I'm asking.
Speaker 14: Oh, yeah, with enough money, you can fix anything.
Speaker 5: No, that's I mean, but what would be the most common problems for not passing that are not major? The most common gas caps? What else?
Speaker 14: Dirty engine oil?
Speaker 8: Yeah, dirty air filter.
Speaker 5: Be the most common major problem an ASCAP league guys. No, I know that they just said that, but the most Now we're talking about the most common major problem. What would that be?
Speaker 8: Well, if you get too much smoke and different things, either a cat or an engine.
Speaker 5: I mean, so you could have a so a bad engine could just be a bad engine, blow by, too much blow by and all that. So therefore you would have to get a rebuilt engine. That would be worst case scenario. Yes, but are you allowed to spend it? I thought there used to be able to spend a certain amount and then get it in there SEC.
Speaker 14: It's like twelve hundred dollars or something like that and then yeah, you have to set up a meeting with one of the guys.
Speaker 5: But you can get a waiver.
Speaker 14: You can get a waiver. It'll be good for two years, and then likely they will give recommendations or demands before you'll be able to pass again because you won't get a second one.
Speaker 5: You won't. No, but you can get one waiver, but you have to spend at least twelve hundred trying to knock it out.
Speaker 8: But not for missing equipment. If your cat's missing, you have to replace it.
Speaker 5: We're talking about a waiver. Let's say somebody can't afford to get the engine rebuild. Sure, so they pay twelve hundred to get Are they still required to do the twelve hundred to attempt to make it better?
Speaker 14: It depends on what your readings came out, as I mean, if they're too far off, then you're not getting that waiver. So and get into what he was said about. No, if they're too far off, they'll they'll kick it off the road.
Speaker 5: Really they will. So, Yeah, if it's something, you don't get a waiver.
Speaker 14: If it's too serious, you won't get that waiver.
Speaker 8: It's not automatic, okay, So and then he mentioned.
Speaker 5: What is it like a one guy decides that to go.
Speaker 8: To the State Tech Center and they review everything.
Speaker 14: Yeah, they look at the car like we have to set up a meeting with an individual for a particular time and they look the car.
Speaker 5: How many cars does that actually happen to you? Though?
Speaker 14: I know one guy that recently just had to go through this, and you know, he mentioned the cats a minute ago. And we've talked about this in the past, whether or not they'll kick you off the road for non complainant to take.
Speaker 6: That car and sell it in another state or another emissions area.
Speaker 14: Oh yea percent. But it was noted that he did not have Colorado compliant cats on his Do people care? Yep? They told him at the emissions So where did you find out?
Speaker 5: Now, Mark? Mark and I were talking about this one.
Speaker 14: Time was after he did not pass and he had to set up a meeting for the waiver. So when he inspected it, he found that they were not Colorado compliant cats, and that whether he passed again next when he came up in the two years, whether he could pass or not, they had to be compliant normally.
Speaker 6: Normally, if you replaced a cat from another state cheaper.
Speaker 5: They don't even look okay, it's only only if you fail they look ye, okay, Doug. Do you have any other questions?
Speaker 15: Yeah, I'm still I need a Spanish speaking mechanic that you can recommend. Okay, her English is pretty bad.
Speaker 5: Do they pro Auto Care have Spanish speaking mechanic?
Speaker 14: I guarantee they do. What part of tones are you?
Speaker 5: Where are you?
Speaker 15: I'm familiar with Prood?
Speaker 5: How about the guy we were doing? Yeah, you're really close, bro, You're really close to pro Ato Care. No, no, hold on, who's the guy you were doing spots our case? Whatever? Those guys are all?
Speaker 6: Wait, I haven't noticed his commercials in a while. Whatever happened to him.
Speaker 7: They're not on the referral list anymore.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 7: Asked the sales guy hire them? But it doesn't matter. They were good guys.
Speaker 5: I thought I thought Liz had him RKC.
Speaker 7: But we Oh, maybe she did, but we could never get him in because he couldn't speak English.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, RKC. They're good people, by the way, RKC Automotive. But there's no website.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 5: They're really very hard to advertise for.
Speaker 15: Do you know what part of town there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, they're yes, I do. They're on Evans. Hold on, I have them in my my commercials I was doing for them. They now I realize they stopped advertising. Okay, it's twenty one to twenty west Evans. I'll give you the number. It's just west of tayhone. People.
Speaker 6: People that did go to him, that I heard from, they loved him.
Speaker 5: Here's here's the number. Seven to zero yep, seven four nine thirty nine six. The only criticisms I got. He doesn't have a lot of technology and stuff. It's an old school shop. Okay, but I mean I'm not saying that.
Speaker 7: And he's got no website, he's got no Facebook page. He's got he's impossible to find.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 15: Yeah, wouldn't emissions indicate some degree of Well, no.
Speaker 5: He'll know how to fix it. He'll know how to fix it. I mean he does a lot of that. By the way, just so you know he does a lot of that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 15: I've been a customer at Prouto and you say they do have Spanish speakers.
Speaker 7: They did when I al the owner speaks Spanish. But Alhure tired, isn't he? His son took over? Yeah, and I believe. I mean they grew up in that how same with his daughter.
Speaker 5: I bet that I just call over there and find out and if not, If not, then RKC for sure.
Speaker 14: And it's really it's really common for people to come in with language barriers. I mean, Google Translate is a great thing.
Speaker 5: No, I use Google Translate all the time for my Venezuelan friends. That's what I use in my service.
Speaker 8: Writer's bi lingual too.
Speaker 5: We have to be yeah, and it is amazing the uh Google Translate, it is amazing. Now. I don't know if they've come up with this yet, but since Google can listen and regurgitate, why don't they make a headset or do they? I mean, why wouldn't they that you can listen. It's then it's like on Star Trek, you know, with the tri quoder. I'm we're getting a universal translator, but you should be able with it because Google Translate.
Speaker 6: The only problem. You've got to hit the mic, then they talk, then you.
Speaker 5: Turn off the mic and hit translate, and then you've got to hit the speaker and then it speaks to you. But I'm sure you could just put all that technology in a headset that's listening to people and then and then a second or two it's it's it's it may be a little lag, but it's interpreting as you go. Well, they have that at the un No, they don't. They have live interpreters. Yeah, I'm saying, yeah, but I can't carry around a person with me.
Speaker 9: No, but I'm saying AI should be able to do that.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, but but I'm telling you that's the one barrier.
Speaker 7: It's uh, it's called time Kettle, Tom, and they make a bunch of products they do exactly.
Speaker 5: Wait a minute, wait a minute.
Speaker 6: They do have that mark where you can put.
Speaker 5: It on your head and listen.
Speaker 7: Yeah, just google time Kettle.
Speaker 5: Okay, cool, we got more coming right up. Hi, Tom Martino your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Chuck, what's going on with you?
Speaker 1: Chuck?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 17: So, my you know, I have I have a parent who's kind of susceptible the scams and stuff, and they're asking me about this Elon Musk Pro Power Saver that's supposed like stabilizes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and musk, And it's not a musk device. They they are advertising it that way, and it's not his Is it a scam?
Speaker 14: The device that's what? Yeah, I got some for Christmas when I was talking about him, and I plugged them in, and I think my bill changed by about five cents. That might have just been somebody didn't turn on a light that day.
Speaker 17: Yeah, the electricity.
Speaker 15: That is that a thing?
Speaker 5: The pro power saver by the way, he I thought he disavowed it. They use his name all over the place, and I don't understand why why do they use his name? But they claim by just plugging this damn thing in, it's going to save electricity. It can't. It's impossible to work that. The technology is not even possible. Supposedly what they say is it somehow controls your power?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: But why does Musk? I wonder why Musk?
Speaker 7: They probably just bought They probably just bought his keyword the names from Google.
Speaker 5: Well even on Amazon, No, go to.
Speaker 7: It, you won't see his name attached on it. Amazon.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's in the search. It says pro boer Saver by Elon Musk in the search. It fills it in for you.
Speaker 17: But does it do anything?
Speaker 5: But not on the product? You're right, Mark, it's not on the product. What's that sir?
Speaker 17: It makes claims like surge protection, dirty electricity is prevented from coming what is that?
Speaker 5: But it doesn't even. What's amazing is it doesn't even go on to your main panel.
Speaker 14: Just plug them in.
Speaker 6: Can't work.
Speaker 5: It just can't.
Speaker 6: I mean, I've always wondered why can products do this?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 5: I think listen, I've said it before.
Speaker 7: It might as well be a for breeze or an air freshener, right, And it's it's like the Rocky Mountain radar.
Speaker 5: That one the guy used to say he jams radar.
Speaker 7: Hey that works.
Speaker 5: So yeah.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: So here's the thing. And I've said this before, I'll say it again. The only one that would be pros acuted for selling these is Donald Trump. I mean other than that, it's other than that, it's a free crime. I mean really it's it's it's a crime. And I just can't see Amazon. The reason Amazon is selling them or allows them is because it's a one satisfaction guarantee.
Speaker 7: Well it's just a third party thing. It's a big deal, you know.
Speaker 5: And what's amazing is you don't even plug stuff into it. You just plug it in and it passively conditions your power. It is impossible. It is amazing how many there are.
Speaker 9: And then most that'll happen. We'll get a they'll get a seasoned desist order and that'll be the end of it.
Speaker 7: Oh no, like that Canadian carburetor that gets nine thousand miles a gallon.
Speaker 5: Okay, I can't believe how many people have made positive reviews on this.
Speaker 7: You can't trust reviews.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 17: What is dirty electricity?
Speaker 5: Well, first of all, dirty electricity there there means the modulation. Okay, there's two good. There's a lot of spikes and valleys, so it means it's not delivering within a certain wavelength. It's so they call it dirty, does it It can? It can? By the way, dirty electricity or spikes and valleys can hurt electric motors and can hurt electrical things. Most electronic panels have our most electronic circuitry has a suppression built in so it's not going to hurt them, and they and they convert them to d C. Once something is converted to d C, dirty power is not even an issue anymore. And a lot of circuitry has they have inverters, so they're they're really they're not running on AC power. They're running on DC although it's plugged into a wall. But as far as motors and stuff, yeah, you can be affected by by power from the power grid. You can be, but it's not that but most of them can sustain enough that they go for a very long time. Now, there are ways that I am all for conditioning your power, but you're not going to do it with these twenty dollars units that you plug in your wall. It's just it is impossible if you plug it in your wall that a dishwasher's motor is going to be conditioned. It's not going to happen. But they do make surge protection and conditioners that master or certified electricians put on your panel. There's nothing wrong with those, nothing at all wrong with those. They don't save you money, but they do extend the life of electrical things they do, whether.
Speaker 17: That life not at the panel, ys, it's not at the panel.
Speaker 5: What's that, it's on the panel, that's right. The real ones are on the panel, and they cost about fourteen hundred on up.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, there's a company called na that makes them for like hospitals.
Speaker 5: So and we're not even talking about continuous power like batteries. What we're talking about is just conditioning and and surge protection. If you want continuous power, will a battery? Uh, then you then you're talking about it's really a UPS for a house. And they do make them, but man are they expensive.
Speaker 17: So well, this thing is bogus.
Speaker 5: This thing totally bogus, totally bogus, totally one hundred bogus. I don't understand why the government allows it to go on the Federal Trade Commission should be again unless unless Trump.
Speaker 6: Owned it, It's not going to be prosecuted. And I mean that I'm not kidding.
Speaker 5: I mean these targets or if I started it, I'll guarantee you I'd be I'd be arrested for it for some reason. I mean, there are just people that can get away with stuff because maybe they figure I don't know nobody, guys.
Speaker 4: I had a quick car question.
Speaker 7: Come in when you get a sec all right, we're gonna.
Speaker 5: Take a break, and then I'm going to have also Deputy Doc tell us about the employee he talked to from that company, ConA Contractors eight eight eight Heating dot Com. You call them if you need any help with your air conditioner or your furnace, or plumbing or electric they're great people, honest people. Three ozho three seven seven zero two seven seven six free second opinions eight eight eight heating dot coms. Let's let's talk about things near and dear to your heart and pocketbook. And Deputy Doc did contact those people, by the way, and we're going to have an update on that. Mark.
Speaker 6: What car questions did you have? Did you say you had one?
Speaker 7: Yeah, hold on, he just emailed it to him. He two thousand and seventeen. I think it was a Toyota, but let me find it twenty seventeen, Toyota Tacoma.
Speaker 14: I have two.
Speaker 7: I have a two thousand seventeen to Comba V six. It only has seven thousand miles, but it's seven years old. Do I need to change the anti freeze and the transmission fluid still?
Speaker 14: Yes?
Speaker 8: Absolutely, yeah, they break down over time and everything else. So just exposure, yes, not miles. They get a cidic. You know, the pH gets off, they starts. It's kind of like the you know, the anodes in in a water heater. You know, it starts changing the chemistry in there.
Speaker 5: So just sitting does that?
Speaker 8: Yes, yeah, so I would definitely change it.
Speaker 5: And on that note, you shouldn't let things just sit.
Speaker 8: That's the worst thing for him. Even if you start a car up once a week, drive it a mile and park it, let it warm up to temperature, let it cool down, it's best for it.
Speaker 5: I guess the only thing that doesn't apply to now are EV's right. I mean, I mean, think true, think about how much different that is the EVS. I'm wondering why they didn't make an emphasis on electric cars years ago. I mean, there's no the battery power for one, and then it's right, the battery technology, that's right. But well, hold on though, did the battery technology come as a result of the desire or did the desire was I mean, you know what I'm getting at is this new move to ed battery backups have been around forever, so they've been working on battery technology for you know, for hospitals and home computers and everything forever. Now, like Jeff mentioned, possibly hydrogen and other sources, are there any real viable alternate sources other than.
Speaker 8: I think the battery technology, like I said, because electric has been around for a long long time in construction, you know, in mining and stuff underground, they have major equipment.
Speaker 14: It's electric by.
Speaker 6: The way also coming up in this show.
Speaker 5: I have a note here. I did some research on sun block for different reasons, because there there was some controversy about sun block, people who use it too much not getting enough vitamin D, and I started researching the vitamin D part of it. And that's not what this is about. But I did find out some shocking stuff about sunblock, and I wonder why. This is another area. I wonder why they're on the market. This is another area where sunblock is allowed to have literally dangerous stuff in it, I mean just allowed. The FDA is a funny animal. It really heavily regulates certain things and other things that let slide sunblock. The what the FDA and what our twisted American view is is if you stop sunlight, or you know, you stop the skin cancer, it far out weighs those benefits far outweigh the negative of the other ingredients. Now again that's what you had with everything the FDA proves. I mean, if you really look at the at.
Speaker 6: The benefit versus the disadvantages.
Speaker 5: That's why there was a big controversy with COVID, you know, like did the vaccine outweigh did the benefits outweigh the risks. But when it comes to sun block, there are now people saying you shouldn't even use it. It's some of it's so trash and a lot of the blocks don't even have block in it. That not the stuff that really blocks, but one ingredient that you should avoid at all costs. And by the way, all major health or dermatologists believe this. You should avoid vitamin A in sunblock. Why would you think, I wondered why? So I started researching. Why would you avoid vitamin A? Vitamin A?
Speaker 6: Certain forms of vitamin A.
Speaker 5: I certain Shay.
Speaker 6: There's something called retlin pulmonate palmitate.
Speaker 5: Okay, you heard of that. Okay. This actually, when exposed to sunlight, breaks down by UV radiation and it turns into or it produces free radicals that actually damage DNA and promote skin cancer. This is in a sun block that is supposed to avoid. But the benefit of vitamin A. People heard vitamin A is good for your skin, Vitamin E is good for your skin. So they put it in a sunblock without any research or anything, and now leading help it's you'll still find vitamin A in your sunblock. My message to you today, avoid vitamin A in a sunblock at all costs. Avoid it. Now, one other thing you should avoid. They're actually putting insect repellance in sunblock. Now that's okay. If you want an insect repellent you're out at the campfire. But if you're on the beach, you may not need it. If you're just if you're just putting something on your kids nose, you certainly don't need insect repellent. So insect repellent comes in all forms. Also, vitamin A avoid in your sunblock. Now there's something else to avoid. Will go over oxy ben zone? Oxy benzone that coming up and more?
Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped up.
Speaker 3: Bad news.
Speaker 1: You need advice?
Speaker 3: Who you don't have the come running just sustass as we can show.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help coming Man.
Speaker 4: Dix is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 5: No Tom Martino, Hi, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. What's on your mind today? How can we help you? We are taking calls on any and all items. Of course, today is car Day. We're talking a little bit about cars. And then Deputy Doc, we have a follow up from you, So I want to just lay this out. First, Lynn and Daniel called and said, I'm replacing I was replacing a deck and hired ConA Construction or ConA Contractors out of Centennial. They're also listed as being out of Highlands Ranch. I paid them twenty grand up front, got absolutely nothing, nothing, and they're ghosting me. And then they disappeared. And then we found out that they dissolved yesterday at the Secretary of State. Jason Sacre is listed as the registered agent. Ryan Treadwell is listed as the owner. They have an A plus rating and accredited by the Better Business Bureau even though they ripped off tons of people and are out of business. And of course that shitdn't surprise you about the dinosaur BBB. Oh, let's talk about this one guy that worked for them. I kind of told these people they are out of luck. What did you find out from this verse?
Speaker 9: I spoke to Luke who used to work for them and quit. He's owed a bunch of money. He said that.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 9: First of all, Brian Treadwell sold the company to Jason Lackery in March of twenty twenty three.
Speaker 5: Okay, so that's why it's Sachar right.
Speaker 9: Zachary, correct, okay, And Jason said he knows of a bunch of customers that are in the same situation as Daniel was.
Speaker 6: So he says that basically Treadwell is a good guy.
Speaker 9: Well, you know, he didn't say anything about Treadell, just said he sold the company. Okay, that's all he said. So he said he knows of one person that was defrauded out of forty seven thousand dollars. So he's going to compile a list. Oh good, the customers that was screwed by, and then then we need back to me and then we'll try and follow up. So he's very he's very helpful because I told him we may be able to get his salary money back.
Speaker 5: Also, yeah, well, we're going to go to the authorities on this. I see we can nail this guy now.
Speaker 6: Again, so he said Treadwell sold.
Speaker 5: So was he kind of indicating that's when the problem started or why did you ask him?
Speaker 9: I was, I was more concerned with getting a list of customers, which he's going to do.
Speaker 5: And when did he say he sold the company?
Speaker 9: In March of twenty twenty three?
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, that seems to me when the problem started last year, so maybe that's what changed. Who knows, or maybe Treadwell did it on purpose.
Speaker 9: We'll dig further this the more I told Tokay.
Speaker 5: Sold the company to Sacher. Okay, I'm making notes here and then we'll see what we can find out. Meanwhile, have you been victimized by ConA contractors? Let us know? Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. I wonder if Jason Sachri is on Facebook. We ought to try that too, Bill, what's going on with you?
Speaker 6: Bill?
Speaker 5: Welcome?
Speaker 15: Hi.
Speaker 21: My wife has a small business and a web page for her small business, and a couple of days ago she received an email from supposedly from the Americans with Disability Acts saying their way web page wasn't compliant. Somebody had complained.
Speaker 13: That's right, they said.
Speaker 5: They said it wasn't compliant to UH for for Americans with Disabilities, right, they said it.
Speaker 21: The customer expressed this as sex and with the lack of entertainment value, and then they would be aware of it's not just accessibility, it's it's also functionality and engaging. So so what they said the letter they sent at the bottom of it highlighted in large bold letters and highlighted in yellow. It says that if this turns into a lawsuits, you could little suit to be anywhere from you could lose anywhere from twenty five two hundred thousand dollars and typically for smaller businesses it's ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: What do they want?
Speaker 21: Yeah, that's what I was looking.
Speaker 5: For, and they want to settle that right now.
Speaker 7: They want you to reply. They want you to reply. That's all they want right now.
Speaker 15: That's there you go.
Speaker 21: They say you have a timeline of twenty four Why do they want you to reply?
Speaker 5: Mark?
Speaker 7: Because then they know someone say on that email actually getting it. Then they're going to try to shake you down for X amount of money.
Speaker 5: Don't reply many of these? How many of these compliance?
Speaker 13: Well?
Speaker 5: What are they calling the let me ask you, what are they calling the lawsuit? What law did they cite?
Speaker 21: Uh, it's just as Ada website lawsuit settlement? And then and then they don't they don't directly say and then and then. The one thing I noticed is that the grammar, the language that they use at the end is very poor. They make some very obvious ra medical errors.
Speaker 5: Yes, man, we had a client one time who got so afraid she paid and she was converting her website to be compliant. It was moronic and the cost was outrageous that you have to get it to.
Speaker 21: Get it to get into compliance. Right, So it was just it was shakedown or from the lawsuit that they were just moronic, just handing over money.
Speaker 5: Like that, right, Okay, so I would say this does somebody. Has anyone actually been sued for having a non compliant website because most of them are non compliant. First of all, what is compliant? What is compliant? Most of the browsers are the ones that make them compliant, not the website itself. It's just a new way to shake people down, you know. Now, the ones that go after websites. I've seen websites going after for images and for background images and stuff, and that's all legit. I mean it is if you can't show that you paid for licensing for those images you get. Getty Images is famous for that, for asking for money or demanding you take it down. That's why when I download an image and I pay for the rights, I record it, I have the license and everything, but I wouldn't worry about it. It's happening to a lot of people the shakedown. But I'm wondering, are there any actual lawsuits where this is where people have been sued successfully and had to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars because someone could could not.
Speaker 6: Access their access their website.
Speaker 5: I doubt it. I mean, wouldn't WordPress have some kind of warning when you build a website or wouldn't web developers be all over this? But every once in a while this letter surface is where people get hit up, and it's been It must be very successful because a lot of people are paying, and they're afraid and think about it. If they want something of five hundred dollars, a lot of people say, you know what, I'm just going to pay this to be done with it. But you see, what you're really doing is just getting rid of that one nuisance, that one person. That doesn't mean someone else can't shake you down.
Speaker 7: And I'd argue they're not getting rid of them once you pay them the five hundred.
Speaker 5: You got the word sucker on your face, that's for sure. And again, ADI compliancy for websites, I've never heard that. You know, I've heard of browsers trying to make things ADA compliant with reading and translations and stuff like that, but I've never heard of anyone being sued. If I'm going to look it up during the break, but I've never heard of it. We got more coming up. I'm troubleshooter, Tom Martino. Hi, Tom Martino. You're troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. So you're not gonna believe what I found on non compliant websites. Listen. I have found many articles that says that the compliancy ADA compliance. There were in twenty twenty three more than four thousand lawsuits filed, success a forty two percent increase over twenty twenty two. In twenty twenty four, there continues to be thousands of lawsuits filed against owners of inaccessible websites, and many of them have collected damages for it. People are indeed being sued for having websites that are not compliant with Americans with Disabilities Act. The US courts apply ADA accessibility requirements to websites and businesses considered to be commercial operations, and they must ensure that their.
Speaker 6: Websites are fully accessible.
Speaker 5: Now, no shared an autotech You're looking at yours right now thinking, so is Kevin. I'm telling you I'm reading this. Websites should conforms to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines WCAG at level AA to be compliant. When these lawsuits are filed, they are often settled with businesses paying hundreds of thousands of dollars for non compliance. Mark, I know, Tom, I mean, there's several articles here on people who have gotten popped for hundreds of thousands of dollars for not having compliant websites. The websites have to be able to talk to people, the websites have to be able to have be enlarged, the website, there's all.
Speaker 6: If you look at the compliance what they have to do, it's incredible.
Speaker 5: Now, I mean, you know, I know, a lot of it might be considered a shake down and maybe these maybe these law firms won't go through with it, but they certainly have. In fact, there's an entire there are so many articles on this, I can't believe it, and about how some businesses have gone out of business as a result of it because they they went broke.
Speaker 7: And I doubt, I doubt all that propaganda you're reading is coming from those same companies that are fishing for people to get back to.
Speaker 5: Mark one's coming from Americas with Disabilities Act an Advocate website. I mean, I mean, I I doubt I doubt that these I doubt that these websites, by the way, can all be manufactured. I can't.
Speaker 6: I mean, maybe some of them are. Maybe some of them are.
Speaker 5: There is a list. One is one is called accessible dot com. That's one accessible dot com. Another one is let me see hold on. One is something dot gov here Ada. I'm looking. While I'm reading, I'm trying to do this web web compliancepro dot com. One is from WordPress, and one is called news dot mobar dot org. I mean, is your contention Mark that there have not been lawsuits filed?
Speaker 7: That is not my contention. My contention is if someone uses at what I'll refer to as a phishing scheme and do not reply to it, and ninety nine point nine percent of the time you'll never hear anything again.
Speaker 5: But but if there were forty six hundred lawsuits filed in twenty twenty three, I mean, that's a lot of lawsuits, actual lawsuits that were filed. Are you saying they were suckers that that replied and if you ignore it, they go away?
Speaker 7: Give me one case so we can look one up. Look, okay, but it's hard to do. Well, let's go, let's go down the rabbit hole. Let's look up an actual case.
Speaker 6: I would love to, in fact I will, but I can't do it while I'm talking.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's just impossible to do that. But I told the guy it was all a scam, and I'm not look at I'm not saying you should respond to these emails. And we have had several clients get these emails. And we've had several people that they got the health scared out of them because they're being told that their websites have to be compliant. But when I look, for example, at Amazon, I don't see anything here on the Amazon dot Com website that's compliant. I don't see anything that's compliant. So what do they mean by that? I'm wondering if we should get someone from ADA on to talk about it, because this is definitely I mean, in fact, I don't know what a compliant website even looks like.
Speaker 6: That's what I'd like to know.
Speaker 5: So I'm gonna do some more searching on this. But apparently the the they call it the Web Content accessibility guidelines, and that's what I want to find. And again a lot of them come from this one. I'd like to know who owns this one website. It's called accessible dot com. We ought to find out who owns.
Speaker 7: Probably the same exact attorneys that send those letters out.
Speaker 5: Well, let's find out.
Speaker 7: I mean, how would you find out? Like they're gonna have a registered owner on it? Why would they do that?
Speaker 5: Well, I don't know. I'm gonna I mean, we haven't even looked. We can go to who is and find out? Right, No, why did you do it?
Speaker 7: Most likely they don't want you to know.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm gonna try it anyway. Like I said, I can't do it while I'm talking three oh three seven one three talks seven to one, three eight, two five five. On another topic, I talked about some of the stuff in sunblocks. Another one actually is really concerning called oxy oxy benzone, and what that does is it blocks certain hormone or endocrine It's endocrine disruption, causing an interference in hormones. And that's put in a lot of sunscreen. So to avoid to find sunscreen that's healthier, you got to avoid oxybenzone, Vitamin A and insect repellent, especially if you're putting these on kids. Now, some of the stuff you want in a sun block would be zinc oxide. That's the magic. That's the stuff that some of the cheaper ones don't even have. You want zinc oxide, you want a cream form, sprays do not work. You want something that's water resistant, and then something called avo ben zone. Do you know what that is? Doc avobenzone, And then there's some other stuff. But it's really amazing to me how many people by just sunscreen and how why it's allowed. It is absolutely allowed to be to be sold. The website. I'm reading this on one of the websites I used was ewg dot org slash sunscreen ewg dot org slash sunscreen if you're interested in that. Three O three seven to one three talk seven one three eight two five five yep.
Speaker 9: Is is sunscreen considered a drug? Or is it like vitamins and supplements which don't have DEA approval?
Speaker 5: Or I don't think it's considered a drug, is it? I mean like, is it like an aspurn?
Speaker 14: Do you mean?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 9: My point is if if the DEA doesn't regulate it, then that's why the DA allows.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, the DEA doesn't, but certainly the FDA does. The FDA looks at everything on the shelves that we that make health claims. If you call yourself a sunblock, they look at supplements, they look at everything. Now, they do have a classification called generally recognized as safe, meaning that in general the benefits outweigh the disadvantages and they're generally recognized as safe. But you know, what is safe to some people may not be safe to others. And anyway, so as far as as far as sunscreen, that's for sure. And then there's another class of products you should be aware of. Do you know there are products again they're generally approved as safe or recognized as safe. Gross it's called and ALO products. Do you know that ninety percent of products called alo in the name do not contain alo at all. They do not contain the alo plant at all.
Speaker 9: I mean you may spell it a L L O and if they leave off the E.
Speaker 5: No, No, technically no, they're they're a L O E OK. And they're considered it said, it's one of the biggest ripoffs. But again the FDA does nothing about it because it's called ALO. They're not saying we have alo. It's called ALO, and that's truly what what the standard is because it's safe, it's not dangerous, but it contains no ALO. So if you're looking for something that contains ALO and you buy something called ALO, you can't, I swear to God you can't. You don't know if it contains ALO. No I was Oh, hi, Tom Martino, your troubleshooter. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five One Clear Choice Garage Doors. It's car Days, so let's talk about garage doors. They'll come out twenty four to seven. If you have a problem with your garage door and you need it to get closed and locked and secured or opened, or you have a broken spring or a.
Speaker 6: Problem, or regular service as well.
Speaker 5: All of their prices are on their website one Clear Choice Doors dot com One clear Choice Doors dot Com, and they do all kinds of openers and components and doors. Now, let's talk about a texting. By the way, I forgot to tell you and give that number out again. You can text my Google number which is three oh three seven. Exuse me, no it is it's seven four seven nine nine nine eighty. So if you want to text that, you can and I will absolutely talk about it on the air. You can also text our regular numbers, which is five seven, seven three nine. Now on one of the texts I've gotten, somebody wants to know, Okay, they want to know if what is this one? Shannon? Did you send me one to you?
Speaker 6: Do you really mean that or not?
Speaker 5: You don't mean that, You're just a creep. He's sending me one. Okay, Now, as far is it, read it? Read it? Oh, Shann has said, should I replace my car air filters after all of this smoke?
Speaker 6: Actually that's not a bad question.
Speaker 5: By the way. They're called cabin filters, by the way, not your air filters.
Speaker 8: He's talking about changing the air in his air filter.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, I get it. But as far as cabin filters, cabin filters, by the way, when should cabin filters be changed?
Speaker 8: Just a regular interval, every other oil change, you know, every every year, every season?
Speaker 4: I mean whatever?
Speaker 6: Do old cars have cabin filters? I never used to hear about him? So when did they start up?
Speaker 5: When did they?
Speaker 8: They've been around for oh at least ten to fifteen years now, but not all cars still don't have them.
Speaker 7: If you live on a dirt road and have one, you should do it a lot.
Speaker 14: If you regularly keep your dogs or your cats in the car whenever you go for rides. Left, pet dandren hair.
Speaker 5: Now, what are those roundabouts called roundabouts? Road?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Roundabouts when you're driving?
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Some guy, just some guy texted me and said he hates roundabouts because people don't know how to properly use them. Do I?
Speaker 7: I grew up on roundabouts New Jersey. We didn't have lights. Man, everything was a roundabout.
Speaker 5: Now a roundabout properly proper use, he asked me. If I knew what proper use, let me take a stab at it the way I understand it. When you're in the roundabout, you have the right of way, and you can enter the roundabout as long as noone's blocking you. So if someone enters on the other side, you can enter on this side. If someone enters to the left of you, you can enter to the right as long as you don't block them. So the one in the round about has the right of way, Is that right?
Speaker 8: That's why?
Speaker 5: And you have to come to a stop only if there's not an opening to merge into it. Correct Otherwise you don't come to a stop mark. Is that your understanding?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's pretty I'm not even really following what you're saying. I mean, when you get to one, it's pretty logical at to operate in one.
Speaker 5: You know, No, it's not mark because a lot of people say when they're going around the turn, someone pulls the right out in front of them and they're not supposed.
Speaker 7: To Well, you're supposed to yield until you can pull in there.
Speaker 5: That's that's what that's that's right. But but people don't understand that that the people in the roundabout have the right of way.
Speaker 7: Well, I guess what I'm saying is logically, how would you think anything else? Like the people if people in the roundabout stopped, it would just be cars in a circle.
Speaker 6: Well obviously, but guess what.
Speaker 5: People don't necessarily think logically, And there are not necessarily yield signs on all roundabouts. There are some roundabouts without any sign, it's whatsoever. And they all merge like a yield like on a not on a ninety, but on a forty five degree angle. They all merge in a logical way. You would think that everyone should drive into the roundabout when it's their turn, but if someone's in it coming up on it, you would be I've had several times I've been driving in a roundabout and I'm right up to the point where that other car is, and they they just come driving straight through as if there's no impedance and come right in front of cars in the roundabout, just just like it. There's not just like it's a straightaway. They don't even consider looking to their left or their right. They don't even consider it. They just drive right into it.
Speaker 7: I like them the lab better. I find them way better.
Speaker 5: Well, then trust to be way more, way more efficient. Now another thing, go ahead.
Speaker 14: What were you say do?
Speaker 9: I'm just gonna say, yielding in a roundabout is like stopping at a stop sign. It's a rule of the road. And when you take your drivers sess you should know that. Of course you should know that I'm not arguing that right, and if you don't, you're the one that's that fault of this an accident.
Speaker 7: Most people don't even know when you're supposed to merge, like they'll try to merge early. Most people don't know. It doesn't matter what speed you're going in the far left lane. If the car to the right of you is going faster. You shouldn't be in the lane.
Speaker 5: That's right. That's right.
Speaker 6: It's not a speed limit thing. It's a courtesy thing. Or it's a flow thing.
Speaker 5: Now, as far as merging, you're not supposed to You're not supposed to cross that solid line when you're in that merge lane. You're supposed to go all the way up to the head of that lane and or the end of it or whatever, speed to where you that's right, to where you have a break, and then people in the regular flow of traffic should let you in. It's called a zipper and they should let you in in that zipper formation, but they don't. Some of them purposely speed up to keep you from merging. It sucks, But I don't know what it is. It's like a psychological thing. For God's says, like people try to keep people out of roundabout. Now, here's another thing that bugs me, and I don't know why people. I don't know. If you can picture this, okay, a regular stop sign meaning we let's just say we have a rap hole road, okay, And then if you're on like a side street that goes onto a rap hale road, you got the one to the south of a rapo road the one to the north right.
Speaker 6: So they're both perpendicular the same street.
Speaker 5: Let's say Street A, and your Street A is perpendicular too, and runs right through a rapa hale road. And there's a stop sign. So the people coming from north to south stop, people coming from south to north stop.
Speaker 6: They just stop and wait for traffic on a rapo road then proceed.
Speaker 5: Okay, So where it's not divided, let's just say there's a street where it's not divided. It's not who gets to the stop sign first that has the right of way. It's not the same as a four way stop. It's not the same as a three way stop. It's and and there's no such thing as I know I called two way stop. But what a four way stop is is whoever gets there first. And this is something that morons in Colorado just can't get straight, because I swear to God, everyone thinks they get there first. But you look around, and the one who gets there first has right away. If you both get there at the same time, who's at the right away, the one to the right right. No one knows that. So, so okay, on a regular stop sign, though, where you're both stopped facing each other and there's traffic in the middle, Okay, it doesn't matter who got there first.
Speaker 6: The people going straight have.
Speaker 5: The right away. Period. They have the right away. If you want to turn left, even if you got to that stop sign first, you don't get to turn left in front of that car going straight when there's a break in traffic. But you would be shocked at how many people think that a regular stop sign is treated like a four way stop. So so imagine how silly that is. They pull up to the stuff and they're there, and then you pull up after them. So they were clearly there first. They're turning left, you're going straight. When there's a break in traffic, they believe they should go first. That is not the rule of the law at a stop sign, a regular stop sign, it's the person going straight has the right of way. The person turning must yield well.
Speaker 14: And the other thing is too, is when you're taking a turn onto a multi lane road, you have the right of way to the most inner lane to your turn, even if you have an arrow if you have an opposing side it has a stop light.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 14: They come to a complete stop stop when you go to turn right onto that road, you have the right of way to the inner lane.
Speaker 5: To your right.
Speaker 14: They can't, so they come across outside lane.
Speaker 5: And they do. And that's another thing. When you do turn right from a turn, you would think that, for God's sakes, people would know this. When you're turning right onto a street, you're supposed to turn into the rightmost lane. You're not supposed to turn into the center lane. Do you know how many people turn into the center or far left lean.
Speaker 9: That's crazy, just common sense.
Speaker 5: Tom Oh yeah, duh?
Speaker 6: Really, Oh I should know that.
Speaker 9: Then no, come out these people.
Speaker 5: But why is it? Why?
Speaker 6: I mean, do we need like primers on how to drive? For God's sakes.
Speaker 5: It's just amazing to me. Anyway, Mike, you have a comment about roundabouts, Go ahead.
Speaker 11: Mike, Yeah, an American.
Speaker 17: They're an idiotic European invention.
Speaker 14: They are.
Speaker 5: They are a European invention. You're absolutely right, he said, they but I like them. By the way, probid energy dot com is your solar system one of the or your solar company one of the ones we highly believe in. That's probid energy dot com for residential and commercial including the REAP grants, probid energy dot com. Yeah, Hi, Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. So where do you think most online ripoffs happen? Where do you think we're like?
Speaker 8: What country or stay?
Speaker 5: No, what vehicle for online ripoffs? It's romance of shopping, of social media. It's it's shopping, by the way, And I would have thought shopping was the safer one. We believe it or not, there are more there's more fraud on online shopping sites than anywhere.
Speaker 14: How you got your piano?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Online.
Speaker 9: Other one that's really I see a lot is elderly people having something come up on the computer that there's a bug.
Speaker 5: Or right, and sharing and yeah, to share their screens with me.
Speaker 9: The other day, do not let anybody into your computer, Josh, what's going on with you?
Speaker 4: Josh?
Speaker 11: Hey, tell a couple of things I wanted to comment on.
Speaker 13: First.
Speaker 22: One of the things that pissed that makes me mad with traffic circles or roundabouts is when people don't know and they stop to let you in while they're in the middle of the circle.
Speaker 6: No, that's true too, you're right through, You're right you're right being too courteous.
Speaker 22: And then oh yeah, yeah, And then I have had a friend who has gone the ticket making a right turn and going out to the far left lane before for improper lane change.
Speaker 6: Good, and they should because it's really dangerous.
Speaker 5: Now, technically you're supposed to make it the right into the far right lane, and then if you want to go to the left to merge, then you turn on your blinker and you change one lane at a time. But you'd be shocked at how many people come out of that turn and swing wide out to the farmost left lane. I'm thinking, Oh my gosh, I mean really, I guess look at this might seem petty, but you would think people would learn how to freaking drive Now, Now, am I the only one? Let me just ask them, Josh, Then you can ask you a question on car insurance? Am I the only one that notices this? People are driving more and more without headlights? Have you noticed people driving without headlights ever?
Speaker 9: Never?
Speaker 14: Lately?
Speaker 3: At night?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 6: Yes, Like like all of a sudden you see a car and they have no light on whatsoever.
Speaker 14: And I think a lot of that has to do with most vehicles. Now, you turn on your turn the vehicle on the headlights automatically. Come on, now, you can defeat them. You can turn them off. Then they don't turn them back to the car wash. They've done something else.
Speaker 5: So, Josh, you wanted to talk about car insurance. We're running out of time, but what is your question? We'll get to it.
Speaker 22: I have the renters and a car insurance policy. There are coupled and now I am on the d to the house and no longer a renter.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, I think you texted me on that. I remember, did you? Yeah, okay, we're going to answer you. Hold on, we're coming up. Oh yeah, it is one. You have time?
Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped up? Bad news? You need advice?
Speaker 23: Who you don't have the.
Speaker 3: Come running just as stasis.
Speaker 1: We can.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help coming.
Speaker 4: This is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 5: Now Tom Martino, Hey, Tom Martino here, welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. I have Jeremy on from Compass because we have a question and uh doesn't seem to be real complicated. This is Josh.
Speaker 6: Now, Josh, you have a combo policy?
Speaker 14: Is that right?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 16: That's right.
Speaker 5: So he has Jeremy a policy for his renters insurance along with his car insurance. Okay, okay, then he became a owner of the house. Or are you part owner or what happened with the house? Josh?
Speaker 22: Yeah, I'm a part owner.
Speaker 5: So did you actually you actually are on the deed? Right?
Speaker 4: Correct?
Speaker 22: Well, yeah, I haven't double checked. We did a couple of weeks ago. I haven't double checked the county website to see if it's no.
Speaker 5: No, I understand, but but you actually how did you buy your part of that was was did you buy it from the person that owned it or did you buy another house? How did it work?
Speaker 24: Now?
Speaker 22: I bought it from my mother in law, so she's on the deed and.
Speaker 13: I'm on the deed.
Speaker 5: But you were renting from your mother in law?
Speaker 17: Correct?
Speaker 18: Because it's a duplex.
Speaker 4: I get it.
Speaker 5: You're renting from your mother in law and it and I uh. And then you bought from your mother in law. And when you say she's on the deed, is that because it's a duplex. Do you own all of your half?
Speaker 13: It's between the deed.
Speaker 22: I mean, as far as we understand, all three of us are on the deed, my wife, me and my mother in law. And yeah, but are all three of you on the deed bail agreement?
Speaker 6: Are all three of you on the deed for the duplex?
Speaker 17: Yes?
Speaker 5: So all three of you own two units?
Speaker 22: Yes, yes, because the way it's set up with the county is it's a single address, but it does have two separate nailing addresses.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's fine, it's it's one. But you have one loan, correct, okay? Or one okay? So one loan, one deed, two units, and there's three of you on it. And are you and your wife on as one party and her as another? Or are they three separate people?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 18: I believe we're on together as one unit.
Speaker 5: So is half and half?
Speaker 6: You and your wife own half and your mom owns half. Yeah, that's the way. Let's hope it does. But not all of them read that way.
Speaker 5: But in any case, at least you add her enough for insurance purposes, So Jeremy, so he changes the renter's insurance, right.
Speaker 13: Yeah, correct, he would need a homeowner's policy once he's the owner.
Speaker 5: We all three of them need one homeowner's policy or they don't each get one. Right, it's not like a condo.
Speaker 13: Correct. Well, And that's really kind of how it's needed. So if it's a if it's a duplex, but they all three own both units, they would have one policy with all three.
Speaker 15: Of them on.
Speaker 5: Now, yeah, that's what I want to know. Then is there a policy on there already?
Speaker 13: Josh, Yes, my mother in law has a policy.
Speaker 5: Well, okay, well, then you're covered by that policy or no one's covered. In other words, she better alter that policy to include all of you.
Speaker 13: Correct, Yeah, they need to be added. At a minimum, they would need to be added as named insurance on that current homeowner's policy.
Speaker 5: So Josh, okay, good to know. Yeah, and now she may want you to chip in for it. That's fine whatever, because you're part owner now right right, yep. But now your renters insurance then drops off of your combo insurance.
Speaker 22: Okay, Now his which is fine because the Renters was only added because with the discount, it essentially came to no cost.
Speaker 5: Okay, so you drop your renters. His car insurance shouldn't go up, then, right, Jeremy, Well, it will go up.
Speaker 13: I think he's saying it will go up the same amount he was paying for the renters policy. So if the renters policy is fifteen bucks. His autom might go up fifteen bucks a month, but he's not paying that renters anymore, so he kind of comes out even.
Speaker 5: Okay, I see, but technically when you have a bundled rate, it's cheaper, technically correct. Okay, Josh, So make sure you and your wife are named on that new pole or that policy that your mother in law has. And yeah, thanks for con appreciate that. Thank you, Jeremy. That's home of the insurance checkup three O three nine nine six nine thou And let's talk about let's see, oh Stephen with HVAC. Go ahead, Stephen, what's going on with you? Oh hey, what's happening? Oh?
Speaker 13: Yes, I.
Speaker 11: Leave my.
Speaker 16: Purnas. An air conditioner went out late yesterday afternoon.
Speaker 5: Now did they just go out like a ball? But I mean all of a sudden it doesn't work or is it not blowing?
Speaker 16: Just quit was working? There was a power surge. I mean there was a power went off over here this area and Aurora late Tuesday evening and it didn't come back on until eleven by had shut the conditioner off. That can't it worked today? And you yesterday until I don't know five o'clock or so.
Speaker 5: How old is your system? How old is your system?
Speaker 16: About twenty four years now?
Speaker 5: Okay. I was going to say it could be something really simple, and it still could be something simple, but it's probably time to change it out anyway. If it's a twenty four year old system, Wow, you got a lot of good use out of that, didn't you.
Speaker 16: Oh the other one lasted longer than that. The next from seventy six?
Speaker 5: Well hold on, wow, so this is the ac en furnace you think went out?
Speaker 16: Both I tried resetting it and I tried to get the furnace to come on.
Speaker 5: What size house do you have?
Speaker 16: I guess about fourteen hundred feet. It's a brick house, and uh oh it's yeah, pretty good.
Speaker 6: Have you gotten any bids yet?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 16: No, no, no, no, I don't know. I may not before colleague twenty four to seven.
Speaker 5: I just wanted to, well, here's what you want to do. This is what I recommend. I recommend you get more than one bid. And I don't care who you're calling now. I'm not saying these people aren't honest and good, but I want you to be secure in what you do.
Speaker 6: So you want to make sure that you're not that you're getting what you need.
Speaker 24: Now.
Speaker 5: You may not need an ultra efficient unit. It depends, you know. Sometimes that's a waste of money, depending on your how how your house is insulated, How old is your house?
Speaker 16: I was built in fifty nine, but got plenty of new insulation in the walls. It has a basement too.
Speaker 5: Is it very well insulated?
Speaker 16: The people came and insulated it again.
Speaker 6: Okay, so who are you thinking that you might want to get some bids?
Speaker 5: I can. I can give you some suggestions. I mean from the referral list. I'm getting some bids if you want to do that.
Speaker 16: Well, before colleague twenty four seven, I was going to for you because I only got one hundred and forty eight dollars in my account. I don't get paid till next Thursday.
Speaker 5: Wait, hold on, azi, hold on one hundred and forty eight dollars. But obviously you know what a furnace costs, right.
Speaker 16: About five five thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: But no, no, I wish it did I wish it costs five grand? Honest to god. Now I'm going to tell you I'm going.
Speaker 7: To Master Services has him under five grand. But it's gotta be a small house.
Speaker 6: It's fourteen hundred square feet.
Speaker 3: Mark.
Speaker 7: That would that would that would be it.
Speaker 4: I was going to give that.
Speaker 5: I was going to give them as one of the recommendations to get a bid, because you don't need the greatest of the greatest.
Speaker 6: Unless you need the greatest of the greatest. It all depends on in your house.
Speaker 5: I mean, what I'm saying is you get something that's going to work and something you can afford. Now, were you going to finance this? Is that what you were going to do.
Speaker 16: I don't know whether we have to replace the furnace. But my son girlfriend, he sold her house and she got a lot of money, and she already bought a dishwasher, And.
Speaker 5: Is she going to help you pay for the furnace?
Speaker 16: Maybe well, maybe you pay for repairs.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, okay, you're right, You're right. I keep saying, pay for the furnace. You may be able to get it fixed. You might be able to get it fixed. But I'm just going to warn you of something. On a twenty four year old furnace air conditioning unit, it may not be worth fixing.
Speaker 16: It's service before.
Speaker 5: Okay, what did it quit before? And you got it running. Huh did it quit before you got it running?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 16: It just quit yesterday afternoon.
Speaker 3: Pill.
Speaker 6: What I'm saying is have you had it serviced before?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 16: Yeah, yeah, it's cleaned. It in a new capacitator on the motor.
Speaker 5: And how long ago is that.
Speaker 16: For a year or two ago?
Speaker 1: Did they?
Speaker 6: And who did it for you?
Speaker 5: Then?
Speaker 16: I think it was either plumb Line or twenty Horse Service twenty four to seven.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, fix it twenty four to seven. Here's the deal. They're good, honest people. But I'm here's what I'm afraid of. Listen, these companies, all of them, they want to replace things that they can if they're old. Okay, not if they can, but if they are old. I fear that no matter who you get out there with a twenty four year system, they're going to try to replace it. But you may want to ask them straight up front. Can they try to tell you what you need first? And I would get more more than one opinion? Let me give you some suggestions, Okay, I would. You can call fix It. They're good people and ask them for their opinion. Tell them you want to try to keep this running. You don't want to replace it if it's possible, and get a bid, and then if the BID's then then they might give you a bid also to replace it. But what I'm telling you is I'm going to tell you how to approach it. You tell them first. Your preference is to try to keep this thing running if you can, and if not, you need to know what it will cost to the most reasonable cost for replacement.
Speaker 6: The most reasonable cost for replacement for this house.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: Their number is seven to zero five two six thirty nine thirty nine. I want you to call Master Services. These guys have specials for small homes, and you might if you do have to replace, you might want to go with them. Again, They're all good companies, but you have to do shopping no matter who you deal with in the universe, there's nothing wrong with getting comparisons. Their number at Master Services is seven to zero four three four thirty four oh six. Hey hey, let me say something too about them, real quick man. So I've got two units.
Speaker 7: Tom one is downstairs and Apple Air actually did that one four years ago. My other AC unit for the upstairs is in the attic, so I got a bid on that one from multiple companies on our referral list, and the cheapest one came in at over twenty five thousand dollars. I had Master Services come out about a month ago and they figured out it was the uh, oh, what do you what's the main part in the AC the condenser, the condenser, and they ordered the condenser presser two either. Yeah, it wasn't that, It was just the condenser. It looks like a radiator basically, So they pulled that out. They saw where the free on was leaking out, they ordered a new one. They put it in. It's a twenty two year old furnace and it works like brand new right now. And it was less than two grand. Where replacing it was. I had quotes from twenty five to forty thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: God, wow, did you get that number? Served for Master Services? Seven two zero something four three four three four zero.
Speaker 16: Six seven two zero three four.
Speaker 5: Yeah, hold on, it's seven to zero four three four three four zero six, God almighty.
Speaker 6: Just hold on, hold on. Do me a favor, hey, would you give him the number? Please? Kitchina, help me out here, help me out here?
Speaker 5: Off the air? Please?
Speaker 6: Is she over there?
Speaker 5: Or am I talking to the air right now? She's not even that I'll get it to her or shammon. Okay, just just hold on. And I wanted to call plumbline fix it. Then just just do some shopping. Okay. You know this idea of having one and done is not going to work in today's world. It's just not gonna work. There's too many variables. Hold on, sir, and we'll get you some numbers. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. We got a lot to talk about here. Waterpros dot net for the best water systems at the lowest price is now that I can tell you, for absolutely sure, the lowest price anywhere for the best systems if you're looking for water filtration, water softening, waterpros dot net three oh three five five.
Speaker 6: Four, three oh three eight six two five five five four.
Speaker 5: Hi Tom Martino, you're a troubleshooter at three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five Gene, what's going on? Gene?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Hello, Hi, what's happening?
Speaker 13: Well?
Speaker 23: I have a problem with my car with a rough ride, and I had a tire that needed to be replaced and it couldn't be repaired, and so the shop put on new tires, and prior to that, the car ran smooth as glass. It only has thirty six thousand miles on and I've proven it to Portland and back and construction roads. So they said they claimed it. They claimed there was nothing wrong with the tires. But I eventually got my money back, and then I went to another time.
Speaker 5: Hold on, hold on, Jean, Jean, Jean. Wait wait, wait, So you had four tires put on it. You didn't like the way it drove, so they took them off and put the old ones back on.
Speaker 1: Or what? No?
Speaker 23: I went to another tire store. It was just two tires's front wheel drive.
Speaker 5: Oh, I need to report. So the two tires that you replaced that you still have?
Speaker 23: No, they threw them away.
Speaker 5: Wait a minute, I guess I'm confused.
Speaker 23: The old tire, well, the old tires. One of them had a.
Speaker 6: I'm not talking about your old tires. You said you got new tires, right.
Speaker 23: I went to an other shop and got tires, and then I took the other ones back to the first shop.
Speaker 5: Well, oh, did they have you a refund on them? Yes? Good, okay, so now you have So.
Speaker 23: Now I'm at a different tire shop. They put tires on got it. I had the same problem.
Speaker 6: Huh, but it never happened before this.
Speaker 5: No, and all you replaced were two front tires correct, And what do you think the problem is?
Speaker 23: Well, let me tell you the rest of the story. So then he sent me to Breaks Plus. He said there must be something wrong with your car, and I said, well it was fine before. It only has thirty So Breaks Plus they did everything. It was a place that he recommended because he said they were very good and very honest. They could not find anything wrong with the car. So I went back to the tire store. He sold me a different set of tires, better Michelin tires. I had to pay seventy dollars extra.
Speaker 10: Did not help.
Speaker 23: So the next thing I did is I took it to the dealership and they had it for a couple of days last week and they said, well, all four tires are overinflated and all four tires are terribly balanced. So we took somewhere out and we balanced them. You're fine. Well I got the car back. It was not improved, and I had my boyfriend drive it and he agreed that there was no improvement. It still was a rough ride way rougher than his pickup truck.
Speaker 5: But hold on a sec, Jeanie. There's nothing these people could have done that wouldn't have been discovered. If the people that did your other two tires, okay, and the original shop did two tires, you brought them back, you didn't want him. Then you had two tires, you didn't like those. Then you got two more tires and they didn't help. Now you got the dealer to go through it, as well as brakes. Plus, there's nothing this first shop could have done. If you're trying to blame them for.
Speaker 23: This, no, I'm not trying to blame anybody. I'm just trying to figure out what's okay, God.
Speaker 5: Helps going on, and no one can find out why your car drives differently right now?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 4: Car is it?
Speaker 23: And I went back it's the twenty seventeen and they checked it again and had it for two days and they still can't When you say it.
Speaker 5: Drives rough, give me an idea. Do they sit with you?
Speaker 6: Do you show them when you drive it what you don't like?
Speaker 23: Yes? He did chest drive it with me and he realized he agreed with me that it was rough.
Speaker 5: What is it that is rough? Give me an idea.
Speaker 23: My boyfriend, the way he describes it, it drives as if the tires are extremely overinflated, but they're not.
Speaker 14: You're feeling everything on the road.
Speaker 23: So what happens?
Speaker 17: Did you go here?
Speaker 23: The road isn't a hundred perceive even a smooth asphalt, Every tiny little crack huh. In a normal car you would feel it.
Speaker 6: But what kind of tires did you have the first time? That the not the new ones, but the old.
Speaker 23: Ones that you love, goodyear tires that came with a car.
Speaker 6: And gosh and nothing and everything changed after that?
Speaker 3: Yes, what the hell?
Speaker 5: L guys?
Speaker 23: What would try for two months and I haven't been able to get it solved?
Speaker 8: I would try struts?
Speaker 14: Yeah, that's my first inclination to struts.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 14: They lifted the vehicle up and they've had a certain amount of travel the entire life of this car. Right, so now that the wheel has fully extended, the truck can't collapse properly. They'll actually hang up. It's more common.
Speaker 5: It's not they did something wrong, it's just that the struts were old enough that when they fully extended, they never closed up properly.
Speaker 14: We we hear that complaint more with Cheves than it's just about anything else, but definitely as much.
Speaker 5: Which struts cost on that car, and it's just the front struts where she had the tire replace.
Speaker 14: Well, she probably had all fours up, so she's probably gonna do all.
Speaker 5: Oh oh oh oh, because she lifted the car, it dropped the wheels and all four struts may have to be replaced.
Speaker 8: Get anywhere between you know, eight to fifteen hundred. Oh gosh, depends on quality.
Speaker 5: How can is there a way you can test those struts for her? I mean, is there a way the struts can be tested? You can't well, I mean.
Speaker 23: They dealership said they checked the struts and there was nothing wrong with them. But maybe that maybe you understand there's.
Speaker 5: A difference between there's a difference between checking the struts something and them not fully collapsing. Right, it's not something you can actually check.
Speaker 8: He doesn't have a bounce. That's what they call checking the struts. They bounce, see if it recovers and so forth. But it's just not absorbing the road like it was before.
Speaker 23: Ah mann't about changing the tires, made the struts.
Speaker 10: So they did.
Speaker 5: Here's here's what they said when you bring that up on a lift, and that car has been thirty six thousand miles never been on a lift. Once it went up on a lift, they're they're they're speculating that possibly that lowered the struts to a so they're they're wide open more than they've ever been. And then when they put the car back down on the on four wheels, they maybe did not collapse uniformly, They did not perfectly realign themselves like they were because they hadn't like worn into a zone, so to speak. And then they're not finding their equilibrium like they used to. It's it's it's weird. Now.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 5: What I would hate to see is you put four freaking struts on there and you drive away in the same things happening. That would be a nightmare.
Speaker 14: We've had customers come back with that complaint. And we've got a field that we'll go to and we'll drive it through there at a moderate speed and hit some good hard bumps and a lot of times they'll recollapse. Really, so you can get them to get them to recollapse. Yes that's not all the time.
Speaker 23: But no, exactly, if it only has thirty six.
Speaker 6: Miles on it, thirty six thousand miles.
Speaker 23: It seems like they shouldn't have worn out that fast.
Speaker 5: Well that's another good point. Did they wear out or what I mean? There is thirty six thousand miles.
Speaker 14: More extended and so there's a lip in there from where they have been running. So you've got to collapse it past that lip.
Speaker 5: Okay really, So, I mean these guys are pretty experienced. You've seen this before where struts do not recollapse like they were.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and just the miles are one thing, but the weight of the car has been sitting on it for seven years, you know, so the struts do we're out and then five six, seven thousand, seven years it's about average.
Speaker 5: Okay, So it's not just miles. It's time. It's time, you know.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 5: I hate to tell you this, but and they're not trying to sell them to you, but you may want to. You may want to, you know, replace your struts.
Speaker 23: And so do you have a recommendation of where I should go to have it done?
Speaker 5: Well, these guys do it.
Speaker 4: But where are you?
Speaker 23: I live in Highlin's Ranch?
Speaker 5: Okay. You you know, any good shop can do them, but you want to find someone that knows what the hell they're doing too.
Speaker 23: I want to go someplace where I'm one hundred percent sure that they can do a good job.
Speaker 5: Well, you got then if you want to drive to one of our show. But we got a lot of good shops on the referral list, and we got two sitting right here. So if you go to referral list dot com, you look for those shops and you say, look, and I'm coming here because I found you on referral list, and I think I need struts because once they were extended, they never seemed to be right after that.
Speaker 23: Well, I went to I'm not very tech savvy, I'm not very hyped. I went to the referral list dot com and I couldn't figure out how to work it. I couldn't figure out how to.
Speaker 5: Okay, let me let me give you some suggestions. Okay, we have shardan auto Tech Kevin sitting right here, and these guys before they even do it, he might take it for a ride and see what he thinks. They're not just going to automatically do it shared in auto Tech. He is on Colefax, west of Sheridan. But let me give you his number and you ask for Kevin okay, and you just say, this is Kevin right here. He's been on the show answering the question with you. Okay, three oh three four five five seventy two forty two.
Speaker 23: Three oh three, four five five seven two.
Speaker 5: Kevin he is.
Speaker 6: He's the owner shared an auto tech.
Speaker 5: Okay. And then over here we have Jeff sitting here, Jeff Vic and he's a Kimra transmission. He does a lot of drive train stuff like that. And Jeff, I mean you do those right?
Speaker 14: Yeah, we usually do.
Speaker 5: Is this something you prefer not to Okay, never mind, never mind, then we won't do it. That's good. So Kevin Kevin for that. And then let me see you else is down in your area. I'm trying to figure it. Mark, do you have you hunh? That's about it down down south there, yep. Okay, used to be pro auto. Oh what do you mean down in that? They're not on anymore. No, Okay, there's still a good shop, but for some reason things have gone a little south. Okay. Uh, the big guy retired. Okay. So I'm saying, I'm thinking that you want to just call Kevin. You know, it's worth to drive because what he'll do, he'll get in it. He'll check it first and then maybe maybe it is not that, maybe he can see something because okay, and then you know, we'll see what happens. And if he does have to do those he's not going to try to he's not going to try to do more than he has to do, and he's going to try to get you a good deal on him. Okay, okay, and let us know what happens. Thank you for calling.
Speaker 6: We got I got to take this break, right bro am I overtime?
Speaker 5: I am over time. I want to talk to Joe Keano first. Joe, Hey, listen, man, you your connection was pretty bad. Are you back?
Speaker 24: I know, and I'm really sorry about that.
Speaker 5: Oh, don't worry about it.
Speaker 3: Joe.
Speaker 5: When you were talking about time and money, can you ever continue that? You were talking about there are two ways to really make money if you have time and you have money, right.
Speaker 24: That is right, and this is exactly what we see on a daily basis. People actually invest their money in something volatile like the stock market, and they make money when the market goes up. But when the market goes down, they lose not only money, but they lose what time. And you see, time is a crucial element for people to make their accounts grow. So if you have an investment that goes up and down, up and down, up and down, you're losing not only money, but you're losing time.
Speaker 17: Now or retirement account.
Speaker 5: Will protect your money.
Speaker 24: You will not lose any time because it doesn't go down. So in other words, you can only make your money grow. And if the markets ever go down, you stay level.
Speaker 16: You don't lose the time.
Speaker 17: That's the biggest.
Speaker 24: Difference between an investment at risk and the stock market, let's say. And the guaranteed that pension account annuity that people can use to roll over there for one case, their pensions, their iras and forget about losing time.
Speaker 5: That's right, Joe. And you're not just talking about out having the guarantees, but they're in writing and you have guaranteed returns and guaranteed income. And if you want to find out more about this, just call three oh three seven seven nine sixty six hundred for a private conference on this three O three seven seven nine sixty six hundred And you can look up some of the products at my money, my way dot com. Hi, Tom Martine Denverregen dot com for your stem cell therapy. It works, That's what I can tell you. And they're also doing hair replacement therapy with stem cells as well. Denverregen dot com. Let's talk. Okay, now when it comes some people are saying, could a simple alignment be off on that car?
Speaker 6: That woman said driving wasn't the same? She replaced the tires.
Speaker 5: Never mentioned alignment. I don't know, guys. Can alignment calls it to run a little rough?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 5: Is that something you might check? Then when she takes the thing, we would check the first thing is alignment, then balance?
Speaker 6: Would you'd you assume they did the balance five times.
Speaker 8: Somebody's looked at tires and balanced them. I think somebody would have got it right.
Speaker 14: Okay.
Speaker 5: Now study reveals what do you think the people consider the most high status cars. I don't mean like rolls, right, no, No, I'm talking about like general that they see it the most they see on the road.
Speaker 14: Rovers they see, Okay, Mercedes.
Speaker 5: According to a survey, and this is uh okay, this is BMW, Mercedes, Benz and Portia they feel are the most common high status cars people see. And guess what the dream cars are. When people were asked for their dream cars, I just can't believe this. I'm sorry, I can't believe it.
Speaker 9: I would say Ferrari now again.
Speaker 5: You would think that, right, But it says here for Toyota and Tesla are the top makes of Americans dream cars. You know, I would think Lambeau and all that. But I guess they're talking about I think they're talking about everyday cars and not exotics. I think because the no exotics show up in these More than a quarter people drive cautiously went around nicer cars. Did you know that when you do? I don't even look at I mean I look at cars, But do you judge how you drive by what you're around? I think when I'm pulling into a parking space, and maybe if there was a really really nice car, I might. I don't know. Who knows.
Speaker 6: Almost a third judge.
Speaker 5: People by the status of their car. A third of the people thirty three. Well, I think even more than that. Actually, I don't know. What do you think?
Speaker 8: It makes sense?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 8: But who cares?
Speaker 5: One thing I don't believe, and I refuse to believe, is that women care who they date based on a car. I don't.
Speaker 6: I mean, remembery in guys, that is a chick magnet. I don't think ever.
Speaker 5: Do you really think there's a woman who would think if there's two guys and they're relatively the same, that one would the fancier car would get the date. I don't know.
Speaker 7: Maybe how about if one had a really crappy car.
Speaker 5: Okay, I guess that.
Speaker 9: Women love the duct tape on my Zubaru exactly.
Speaker 4: That could work.
Speaker 5: Forty percent of electric vehicles aren't considered high status. No oh, no, I'm sorry. According to forty one percent of people, forty of the survey, they didn't consider EV's typically high status. Well, that's because most of them aren't. Right, Oh, I got to take a break. Sorry, we got more coming right up. Hi, Tom Martino, you're a troubleshooter at three oh three, seven on three Talks seven on three, eight two five five. Hey, guys, you know, as we're wrapping up the show, let's talk. Are we seeing long service times? What's the hardest things to get when people have to get things done so they can plan ahead when they're looking at car service, what are the most difficult things to get?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 14: Right now for us, we're actually having a ton of problems. We were talking about it before the show with Chrysler products, So Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep just regular maintenance stuff. Some of it's regular maintenance stuff. But there's they're out of production. We've got every time I turn around, I'm calling it's on national back order. There's no projected release date, national back.
Speaker 5: Order, no projector still good.
Speaker 14: They're a lot better than Chrysler is right now.
Speaker 5: But for normal stuff, breaks and shoes and maintenance and spelts and hoses, all of the normal spaceic stuff. But if you need replacement parts, Chrysler's behind the red yes, and it can be squirrellly no matter what you need because they don't produce an inventory like they used to folks.
Speaker 6: That's just a sad fact.
Speaker 5: That's just a sad fact. Don't forget shared a Autotech dot Com and Kimera Transmission and that's Jeff Pica and Jordan and a rapo. Hey we're out of time. Remember three h three Martino for help.