Speaker 1: Time for rock news on one O one one Double JRR, Orlando's rock station.
Speaker 2: Let's check in with Lynchintaco and see which rockers are making the.
Speaker 1: Headlines for all the right and wrong reasons. One O one one Double JRIR.
Speaker 2: All right, Yeah, he's stuck at about thirty minutes this hour to get in on trying to win that flyaway to our iHeartRadio Music Festival in Vegas for you and a guest plus one thousand bucks.
Speaker 1: The word that you need to text to two hundred two hundred is Vegas. Actually v e Gas. Text that oft to two hundred two hundred.
Speaker 2: Specific contest number there to text to two hundred two hundred one, emphasize that. All right, your rock news for this week. I got news yesterday that funk rock pioneer sly Stone had passed away. Obviously from sly and the family, Stone really laid the groundwork for a lot of other artists contemporaries of his and the style that slice Stone developed that rolled out in nineteen sixty eight. He passed away at the age of eighty two after a prolonged battle with COPD and some other underlying health issues. Much more on sly on our Facebook page if you would like to take a look at that. Obviously, many of you were at one or both of the Metallicas shows this past weekend at Raymond James Stadium with JRR. By all accounts, everybody seemed to just an absolute blast.
Speaker 1: I've heard just today, you know, four days removed from the Friday show, three different people already texted it, Oh my god, this show was so awesome Sundays as well.
Speaker 2: Speaking of Sunday show, one fan in attendance in particular had his attention caught when Kirk and Rob went into their nightly Doodle section where they improvise and go off and just jam on something different in every city that they play in on the seventy two tour, those of you who are fans of the death metal genre might have picked up on this. Kirk and Rob featured a segment of Pull the Plug from Florida death metalers Death. Terry Butler, who played bass on that nineteen eighty eight Leprosy album that featured that song, was there and he was like, these guys are no waylay my music. So that is that is super cool and it just shows you, you know, and the guys of Metallic you as a fan. You know this. They're fans of other bands music as well, and they want to acknowledge that and they do it in many different ways and this is just one of those. But that I thought that was pretty damn cool man. Of course, Death started in Chuck's garage literally off of Palm Springs Road and right here in Altamont Springs way back in the day. And you know, paid the way for a whole honor of music. So yeah, they are you know what. Metallica just gets it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, just like that concert they did at that football stadium for all the fans, you know, and it's like everything they do, I mean, like that the way they were paying respects to Ice nine kills and cool.
Speaker 2: Uh. Speaking of Metallica, you may have bought a guitar from an anonymous seller on eBay or reverb. If you have in the past few years, there's a chance you own a Kirk Hammet guitar. Did somebody steal No, he sell he has. He said he's got all these guitars because he's always buying guitars and uh, he doesn't like guitars sitting around not being played, so he'll sell them. So in hopes of somebody buying them. He does, he keeps himself anonymous when he sells some You may have a Kirk Hammt guitar if you've purchased one via eBay or reverb in the last few years. Wow, how about that? Yeah, don't know how you would go about proving it, but it's cool to think.
Speaker 1: About, and you could somehow get in touch with Kirk.
Speaker 2: And behind it. Hey, did you does this look familiar? Send him a picture. Triumph, as I hinted at last week, did play a reunion set before the Stanley Cup Final Game two in Edmonton this past weekend. They did a three song set. Notably missing was bassist Mike Levine. He did not participate with Rick Emmett and Gil Moore for the set. Why did Mike Levine miss Triumphs sets? After? You know the band hasn't played together in eons and that's a big deal. You're not I canna believe why he missed. It's not that he didn't want to do it, he said. He goes up here in Canada, we have this socialized medicine and it takes forever to get an appointment with a specialist and his appointment with the specialist for whatever he's having done, conflicted with that set of three songs. So you're like to take a pass, guys, I don't want to go to the back of the line again.
Speaker 1: That is.
Speaker 2: Oh ma shit, That was his explanation the one time Yeah, all right, back to the beginning. Final Black Sabbath performance with the original lineup we all know is July fifth from Birmingham, England, and a host of Who's Who and hard rock and heavy metal will be serving as openers. It will be streamed. It is going to be streamed. You're gonna have to pay for it though. Twenty nine to ninety nine is the price point, and it's gonna be streamed on a two hour delay. You'll get the whole show, but it's gonna be on a two hour delay. Now, keep in mind the show is Proceeds from the show will support Cure Parkinson's and the Birmingham Children's Hospital and Acorn Children's Hospice there in England. So at least a portion of the money you're spending on the stream which will be a two hour delay, will be going to some of those charities.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm gonna ask are you doing it because we talked about if you could go to it. It's it's it's on July fifth, that holiday weekend. I don't know what I'm going to be doing that week, Actually I do. No, I'm not gonna buy it.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're going to see your daughter. I'm going to be on the road that day. I am going to be on the road that day. So no, I'll miss it.
Speaker 1: Fantasy stop, Honey, hold the wheel for two hours.
Speaker 2: Okay, No, it's a two hour delay. It's an all day stream talk. We're just gonna take a little more than two hours. Honey, you're driving now. In a related note here, this is interesting Sharon Osbourne. You know, and I told you this was She really really wanted Rob Halford of Judas Priest in particular to be there. However, priest has a commitment playing with Scorpions on the Scorpions sixtieth anniversary date in Germany. You're talking about that. Uh. She is still holding out hope that somehow they'll be able to make it work as is. She's also hoping that Angus Young from a C d C will show up. She said, we were really like to have Angus there. He's always been a huge supporter of Ozzie's ac DC are off that day after starting their European tour in Poland. So is she hinting here? Maybe that Angus will show up too. That'd be kind of cool. Yeah, that would be cool. Something's up with Rod Stewart's health. He has canceled more upcoming gigs, including a big one at the Glastonbury Festival. He says it's the flu. This is it looks like about six shows so far and one final note here mentioned that Spinal Tap two The End Continues will hit theater September twelfth. Anyone who considers themselves a rock fan, I hope you have seen the movie. This is Spinal Tap the original. If not, you're gonna have a chance to and see it in theaters as well as it's been remastered and remixed to four K restoration of the nineteen eighty four mockumentary. It will be in theaters the weekend of July fifth through the seventh, So if you want to check that out on the big screen, you'll be able to. Spinal Tap two The End Continues, by the way, will be in theaters as of September twelfth. Okay, and that would be your rock news for this week.
Speaker 1: On demand, download the iHeartRadio app