Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with mo Kelly on demand from kf I AM six forty. Key shows.
Speaker 2: Social media, Facebook extract, vil, viral load, viral load, the viral load.
Speaker 3: Lady kf I AM six forty is Later with mo Kelly alive everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: She's back, She's viral. Yes, she's loading. Toody Hobbs, take it away.
Speaker 2: Very loaded. Okay.
Speaker 5: Another very loaded topic has been the Grammys, of which were just held. A lot of viral moments came out of the Grammys. Of course, you saw Kanye's wife. You saw the reactions to war.
Speaker 4: No, no, we didn't see his wife.
Speaker 3: We saw every nookiing, cranny, crevice, dimple blimish.
Speaker 2: Nothing left to the imagination.
Speaker 3: For people don't know. She walked out on the red carpet. They weren't even invited to the Grammys. Kanye and his wife bianchis sin sorry. And she was wearing a nude dress. When I say nude, I mean completely new.
Speaker 2: There's nothing.
Speaker 5: I think she had a choker maybe around her neck that was it, just a necklace of some sort. And that's not the story that we're covering because we're not going to really give that that much attention. The story is about Grammy Award winning musical icon Babyface. Babyface who is Kenny Edmonds, longtime producer, longtime artist, amazing singer, songwriter, has written for everyone, Madonna.
Speaker 3: He's one of the most proliferents songwriters of the nineteen nineties. Second maybe maybe eclipsing Jimmy jam and Terry Lewis and David Foster.
Speaker 5: He's right there behind Diane Warren up there in that same class again an icon. He's on the Grammy's Red carpet, and on the red carpet people interview the ap associated press is out there. They sent a few of their reporters to do interviews and two women were on the carpet. As Babyface approached, they called Babyface over, and this is what happened.
Speaker 6: Can you talk about just this new trend that we're seeing an R and B where we're seeing more of a fusion. We're seeing people blend the genre with pop, blend the genre with hip hop and rock as well.
Speaker 2: Yes, so I think though it's interesting, Chapel chapel, you guys want to go through that.
Speaker 3: If they were interviewing Babyface, yes, they saw chapel Rong.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 4: They called out the Chapel Roll yes while.
Speaker 3: Interviewing Babyface mid answer, and Babyface was kind enough I would say to say, you know, go ahead and handle that, because obviously your attention is elsewhere, and they actually left him to start an interview with Chapel Rong.
Speaker 2: That is exactly what happened.
Speaker 5: And this interview, which was very cut, very short, as you can hear there, has gone viral because the Internet just went ballistic, and rightfully so, accusing these two AP reporters of being disrespectful to this living legend, Babyface, and saying that, hey, it's okay to want to interview the next hot thing, the up and coming hot thing, but you end one interview, especially with an icon, with this legend, and then you move on. You don't cut it short in the middle. Because this interview has gone viral, the two AP reporters have both issued apologies separately and through the Associated Press, and they were reported to be friends prior to this interview. They are apparently no longer following each other these two AP reporters on their social media pages, as one of the reporters specifically is trying to distance herself as much as possible from this fiasco. She's saying, you know, I never intended to interrupt Babyface. I respect him, I am very knowledgeable of his work, and I didn't mean for that to happen, Whereas the other one has continued being a bit dismissive, and so this has made just for a huge conundrum.
Speaker 3: Let me just say this, I don't know if I can think of a time where I, at least in recent memory, saw someone a part of a venerable organization like AP reporters.
Speaker 4: It's not like they're doing so and so's blog, yeah, YouTube channel two. It's the AP to show something.
Speaker 3: To be so demonstrably unprofessional very much so, I understand those interviews are never longer than two minutes, right, And if you're working together, one of y'all could have walked over there and tried to hold up chaperone and say, hey, we want to come to you next. I've been in that situation. I've done that.
Speaker 5: And Babyface has two He's forty years in the music industry. He understands what a red carpet is. He understands the perishableness of a red carpet, and that.
Speaker 2: You move along it's like a conveyor belt.
Speaker 5: But you don't cut it the way as you heard there in that audio they did, because it just makes you a target.
Speaker 4: He let the man finish his answer, did you cut it?
Speaker 5: There you go? There you go. The next story also has to do with some audio that came out of a viral moment, and let me set it.
Speaker 2: Up for you. First. There's a classroom. There is a teacher at this point.
Speaker 5: It is said to be a college classroom, so either college or upper high school by the looks of the video which has gone viral, and.
Speaker 2: This teacher or professor is at the front.
Speaker 5: He is responding to a question that may have been asked off of our out of our purview, and the answer that is given is very polarizing. Some might say that it is insensitive, and some might even call it racist or prejudiced.
Speaker 2: But after you hear this clip, I will.
Speaker 5: Tell you how the Internet has gotten their mass reaction wrong.
Speaker 2: Let's roll the clip.
Speaker 7: Why do we have.
Speaker 4: I don't want to be.
Speaker 2: With your kid.
Speaker 3: Anyway?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: So you hear in that clip this professor say why do we have gated communities? Because I don't want to be with your kind and a person says something, there's some response there, and the professor a teacher goes on to say not for long, insinuating that people who perhaps maybe not necessarily in this country legally would then be deported soon enough. That's kind of the suggestion of the clip, as well as removing oneself from maybe other minorities. But here's how the Internet got it wrong. Of course, when you first hear that, it is easy to categorize this as a racist tirade, but the devil was in the details. You go into the comments of this now viral clip, and what has been uncovered is that this teacher or professor was merely role playing, and he was giving kind of antithesis or an antithesis or an oppositional statement to students who were asking questions about how to interact with people in this current political climate, who may have strong opinions about race and diversity in their own neighborhoods. So this professor or teacher was actually arming them or preparing them in a debate style class for possible reactions to their statements or questions, and he was recorded and uploaded without context.
Speaker 3: Clearly, whoever uploaded it and whoever recorded it knew the context, and they were just trying to set them up exactly.
Speaker 5: And that is a huge issue when it comes to media literacy. You don't know the full context of a clip, it's very easy to draw conclusions, and it's very easy to supplant situations and create these situations so that people can come up with their own ideas that may not be rooted in fact. This is an example of that. This professor or teacher now is the target of a lot of vitriol. But what's happening is people in that class are coming up and explaining and saying, hey, that's not at all what was happening. Our professor is not at all racist or bigoted. He was merely role playing and giving us possibilities of what might happen in an interaction with people who are racist or bigoted.
Speaker 4: I hate the Internet.
Speaker 2: The Internet is a very tricky place.
Speaker 4: I hate the Internet. That I did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there we go.
Speaker 3: Let's come back and do some more of the viral load with Tiffany Hopson. Just a moment, I am six forty. It's Later with Mo Kelly. We're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Mo Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Now It's Suffer My Room Lit with Tiffany Live on camfile.
Speaker 4: Sir we lo O Kelly.
Speaker 2: She'll talk about the toughness on social media. Room Alone with Tiffany Hubbs.
Speaker 3: Can if I Am six forty Its Later with Mo Kelly Live Everywhere in the iHeartRadio app is part two of the Viral Lobe with Tiffty Hobbes Mo.
Speaker 5: What is fomo? Fom? Are you familiar with fear of missing out? Okay, a very popular acronym. You've seen it in social media. But have you seen poe bo?
Speaker 4: I've seen a f O.
Speaker 5: There's a new phenomenon on social media that is considered to be kind of like the evil brother of fomo and phobo.
Speaker 2: Is actually described as.
Speaker 5: Quote the anxiety that something better will come along, which makes it undesirable to commit to existing choices when making.
Speaker 2: A decision, is relationships or something.
Speaker 5: It is talking about anything that requires you to make a decision between one or more things, and it is the newest trend taking hold in the viral world of social media. There are lots of people who are saying, you know, hey, I'm caught between a rock and a hard place. I'm caught between two jobs or two relationships, like you talked about with the possible Will Ferrell Jennifer Aniston movie. I'm glad we're pitching them as actors for movie.
Speaker 3: And I want all credit if they get cast in at all the credit.
Speaker 2: Perfect casting for that.
Speaker 5: But if you're caught between two or more decisions, there's the idea of fear of better out there, fear of better out there, fobo that if you commit to one thing, oh no, you might in fact be missing out on something better.
Speaker 4: But this isn't that life, that's life.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And people are saying that it could include, of course, something as small as picking from a menu. Say you want the spaghetti or you want the pasta, but on the other side of the menu there's a great steak dinner, and now you're caught in the middle, and it cost there's so much anxiety.
Speaker 4: I figured that out. My OCD figures that out for me.
Speaker 3: When I have go to a restaurant that I have something that I know I love, I always get that because I know I'm guaranteed to have a certain level of enjoyment if I pick my favorite food off the menu. My fear is choosing something else and then having a lesser experience when I should have gone with my first mind and go with what I knew.
Speaker 5: So yours is more a fear of missing the greater experience versus.
Speaker 4: So the known experience. I know what you know.
Speaker 3: I know what I get when i'm let's say I'm going to Denny's, I'm gonna get my you know, French lam.
Speaker 4: I know that's what I'm gonna get.
Speaker 5: So fear of missing out on familiarity doesn't have the same ring as phobo.
Speaker 2: Right, I need these fun rings.
Speaker 3: Why am I going to complicate the decision get the stuff you want?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 5: The thing about it is, well where you are able to uncomplicate your life. There are people who are leaning fully into phobo as the newest acronym. You'll start to see it everywhere because people are saying, again, what if there's something even better out there? So you'll see this bagline. Phobo most likely popping up through twenty twenty five. Is one of the newer acronyms that's popular. It may even end up in the Dictionary at the end of the year. We'll see I was child of my lad exactly perfect that it could be called Phobo.
Speaker 2: To be honest, the movie could be called.
Speaker 3: Phobo, could be We better like copyright all this before someone tries to steal it and put it in a movie and have it star Will Ferrell and Jennifer Andiston and no one give us any credit.
Speaker 4: Underwritten Vio latter with mokel that's right. I want a producer's credit. Dammit.
Speaker 3: Giving all the way this good stuff, the least you can do is give me a producer's credit.
Speaker 5: Moving on to the next story, there's a really unfortunate social media trend. There have been lots of unfortunate social media trends that have gone viral, from the bucket challenge where people were dumping buckets of water on themselves, to other challenges that might have put people in harm's way or even got them locked up, perhaps maybe die. Your consequence says, well, this one falls within that latter category of stupidity and really harsh consequences if you should get caught. There is a new TikTok prank, and it is to go around asking children if they want to be kidnapped.
Speaker 2: And it's a prank.
Speaker 3: Okay, let me just stop right there. One you don't talk to other people's children period, ever, ever, ever, ever, You don't ever do.
Speaker 5: That kid in the grocery store who's crying and having a fit. No security, No, no, no, we're past those times. Yes, and we're certainly and we should have never ever been even in the vicinity of being in a place where we're asking kids if they want to be kidnapped. But but look, if you have to be scene asking a child, not your child, do you want to be kidnapped?
Speaker 3: And someone beats the hell out of you because they heard you ask that, I am all for it.
Speaker 5: And there's another acronym for thata f.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, there you go. Yep, all for that. Free ass Whippons. Don't talk to other people's.
Speaker 2: Kids, don't.
Speaker 5: And if you do, and you decide that you want to ask a child if they want to be kidnapped, no, it will likely result in your arrest. And that's what two teenagers in Texas have found out this week as they participated in this really stupid viral challenge where they went up to two kids ages seven and nine as they were walking home from school and approached these kids and said, hey, do you want to be kidnapped?
Speaker 2: The people who.
Speaker 5: Were the ones asking the question, Cain Villareal nineteen years old and Lane Birch, eighteen years old, both residents of Kyle, Texas, were arrested on charges of terroristic threats.
Speaker 2: Yes, terroristic threats.
Speaker 3: You can't kid around with words like a bomb or kidnap.
Speaker 4: You can't do that stuff. No.
Speaker 5: And their justification and when they were trying to defend themselves was saying, hey, no, no, no's we're not We don't mean any harm. We were just acting out a TikTok prank.
Speaker 4: I'm question.
Speaker 3: They didn't mean any harm, but it doesn't mean it's it's legal to do.
Speaker 5: No, And you're stupid if you think that that's something that's funny in the first place, very dangerous.
Speaker 2: Last story, really quickly.
Speaker 5: Men are flocking to female dominated yoga and pilates classes and women are outraged. They're saying, stay away from these female only classes. They're our safe space. It's where we go to do our stretching, where we go to do our cardio, and they're women only. For a reason, you stay out. And I'm not talking about a political statement. I'm talking about specifically men going into these women only or are women inclusive spaces simply to quote grunt and moan and make weird noises so as to interrupt and disrupt these classes just for fun.
Speaker 4: That sounds like something dudes would.
Speaker 5: Do, grunting, slurping and heavy breathing.
Speaker 3: And they should get their ass Well. I'd be okay with that too. I'm serious, because you're you're going in there trying to disrupt what is going on.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: I know that pilates and hot yoga and all that kind of stuff is much more popular among men now than ever before. Sure it's not my thing, but I hear more and more of my friends and colleagues participating in that. And I did always think, in the back of my mind, I wonder how welcoming or how appreciated that is, because historically it was mostly women on the space where they could be comfortable with themselves, their bodies, right, movements, all that kind of stuff without worrying about a leering man's eye right.
Speaker 5: And the reason that this story has gone viral is that people have taken to their social media pages, of course, TikTok being the main one to complain about this new kind of phenomenon of men coming into the spaces and saying that you know it is not anymore, It's not quiet and peaceful anymore, one woman said, and another said, why can't you be seen and not heard? Why do these men have to come in and do these kind of extra make these extra sounds, and be just disruptive deliberately so their responses their complaints are going viral all over social media, and people are involved in the you know, in the conversation where there are some accusations of sexism towards the women and men are chiming in. But this is one of the newest social media debates. Should men be in women's own spaces when it comes to exercise, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't mind if whoever's running the class says I think it's a safe enough space where men, assuming that you act right, can be in the space. But I'm also of the opinion if they want to make it a woman's only class, which I've seen in many places, I'm cool with that too. I think it's up to whoever's teaching the class whether he or she can maintain control of the environment.
Speaker 5: And if you're invited in, don't be a jerk about it. Right, be seen and not heard?
Speaker 4: Got that mark if you're invited in the.
Speaker 2: Next time, we know you have lobo.
Speaker 4: Okay, does it matter what I wear?
Speaker 7: By the way, I got to tell you, since you're talking about these online pranks, I keep on seeing these, especially on Reddit pranks where people on escalators going opposite directions will reach across and touch somebody's boyfriend or girlfriend in the face and then just get the absolute hell kicked out of him.
Speaker 4: I'm all for that. Is this proliferating?
Speaker 2: Yes it is. It's everywhere.
Speaker 3: All I know is if I'm in a public place and prank or not you touch my wife, I'm probably going to jail that night.
Speaker 4: I'm probably going to jail. How could it be any other way? What are these people thinking?
Speaker 3: There's only one response, and I'm not waiting for an explanation afterward, and that's probably going to make it worse. He's no, no, no, no, it's just from TikTok oh okay.
Speaker 7: I mean we used to see viral videos of people getting pranks, startled by somebody who would pop out of say a dumpster or a garbage can, maybe in costume, maybe not, And about every I don't know, sixth or seventh person would just jack them unconscious right there. They wouldn't feign a surprise or run or shriek. They just punched the guy out immediately reflexively.
Speaker 3: You may not say this, but I'm going to say this, and this is something which is culturally specific.
Speaker 4: Leave black people alone when it comes to those pranks. I feel like I need this. We do not respond. I'm being very serious.
Speaker 7: Well, you're right, it's always a black guy in the videos who punches the other person out.
Speaker 4: Leave us alone.
Speaker 3: We do not respond well to pranks, maybe because we come from usually from a more aggressive environment, so something like that is perceived as a threat and we respond accordingly. I know I'm being very you know, generalizing, but I'm just saying, leave us alone when it comes to those pranks.
Speaker 4: You're much safer that way.
Speaker 3: And to further that point, which is that's why people like me and Moe would not enjoy a Halloween horror next correct.
Speaker 4: Right there? Correct, Nah, don't try to touch me.
Speaker 2: Dog, we're going this year.
Speaker 7: We're not.
Speaker 4: We're not. No, No, we want to jail there, and I don't need to go to jail.
Speaker 2: Let me film it so we can go viral and be on the viral load.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, you're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty