Speaker 1: And this is cool.
Speaker 2: What's up, guys? Welcome to Dinner with the Healers. My name is Eric, and with me as always are my lovely wife Amanda Hi, guys, my beautiful daughter Stella Hi, and my super handsome son Henry.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 2: If this is your first time listening to us, we are an episode by episode Blue Podcast where we watch an episode of Blue and then talk about it and the lessons we learned. Does that sound right to you, guys?
Speaker 4: It sure does.
Speaker 2: In this episode, we are rewatching season one, episode nine, Horsey Ride and talking about how we feel about it now three years later after we watched it the first time, and it is going to be super fun.
Speaker 4: It sure will be.
Speaker 2: Before we do that, let's jump into the business. Be sure to check out the show description. You'll find a link to our website, Thebluepodcast dot com, our email address Glue Podcast at gmail dot com, links to our social media, a link to our tea public merch store timestamp so you can jump right to the part of the episode you're looking for, and you'll also find a link so you can sign up to listen to the show ad free via Patreon for just one dollar a month and a huge huge Thank you to our subscribers. You guys are awesome.
Speaker 4: They sure are awesome. Thank you guys so much.
Speaker 2: Speaking of things that are awesome, we just got done rewatching Horsey Ride.
Speaker 1: Girls who wants to sit on the couch and watch cricket? No no, no, no.
Speaker 5: Yea, Well we have it a shot.
Speaker 2: Henry, could you tell us what was going on at the beginning of this episode.
Speaker 1: At the beginning of the episode, Blue was playing with her plushy Polly, which is a dog, and she was saying that the cousins are kind of come over me and by muffin and socks, and then she hears them ring the doorbell, so she starts running towards the door and Chili's there, and Chili tells Bluie to put Polly up since Polly's a special toy and she doesn't want Polly to get dirty at all. So Blue goes to put Polly up, but Bandit comes and picks Blue up, saying, there's my warmelon, and then she drops Polly on the floor.
Speaker 2: Blue was trying to do the thing, but Bandit got in the way and poor Polly's laying there on the floor. Stella the cousins are coming over. What are the grown ups doing?
Speaker 1: Chili and Tricksie are going to go play field hockey, while Banda and Stripe are going to stay home and watch the kids.
Speaker 2: Muffin is excited to show off what she's wearing. Stella, what is she wearing?
Speaker 1: She was wearing flip flops, which she called thongs.
Speaker 2: When I was a kid. That's what we referred to them as when I was young, and we'd wear them to the pool. And now people act like they've never heard that before. Did you hear what they called those flip flops on Bluey? Yes, the name that they are.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's I remember being little and that's what they were called too.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's excited to show those off, and Socks is excited to do something else. What does she try to do? Amanda?
Speaker 4: Socks tries to buy aunt Chili's finger.
Speaker 2: Trixy knows that they need to split. While the getting's good, let's get out of here, Amanda. What were the dads hoping the girls would want to do?
Speaker 5: They were hoping that the girls would want to just sit on the couch and watch the cricket game with them. But that's not exactly what the girls wanted to do.
Speaker 2: Do you think that the guys really thought they'd want to do that or were they just antagonizing them.
Speaker 5: I think they were just antagonizing them, because when have the girls ever sent down to watch cricket with them?
Speaker 2: That's true? What did they decide to do? Instead?
Speaker 4: The girls want to play horsey ride.
Speaker 2: The dads are going to be the horsees Henry. Who is who in this game?
Speaker 1: Bandit is galahop In, Stripe is Sparkles.
Speaker 2: The girls are getting frustrated because the horses won't getty up. Muffin is on Stripe's back, Bengo's on bandits back, and Bluey's bossing them around. They don't want to get up onto this platform. And when they do you can hear them grown in an eye. I was thinking, oh my gosh, that would be killing my knees. And then Blue said this loved tile. Just then, Henry, we see the unthinkable. What is happening.
Speaker 1: Socks is chewing on Polly.
Speaker 2: Oh no, And this is exactly what Blue was worried about, wasn't it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: It was?
Speaker 2: Blue runs over to try to rescue Polly. In the meantime, the horsey decided to play something else, Stella, what are those guys doing?
Speaker 1: The horses are headbutting each other like goats?
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, yeah, that's probably what I would have done if I had a brother and we were doing something like that. Blue's flipping out and she needs socks to let go of Polly right now, Stella, what does bandit tell them?
Speaker 1: Bandit tells them to chill the beans?
Speaker 2: Had you ever heard that before? No, Amanda, had you ever heard that before?
Speaker 4: I have not.
Speaker 5: I've heard people say, you know, chill out, or there's something else. I don't know, but I've never heard the exact term chill the beans.
Speaker 2: I guess Vanda and I are both one million years old, because I've definitely heard it. Muffin tels socks to let Polly go that it's Bluey's special toy.
Speaker 6: Cock Polly gun, it's Blooey's special toy.
Speaker 2: Let me try.
Speaker 7: Hey there, rock socks.
Speaker 2: How that week stripe seemed like he rolled over on that pretty fast, didn't the Amanda?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he sure did.
Speaker 2: Do you think that's what his parenting styles like just in general?
Speaker 4: Maybe? Probably?
Speaker 5: I mean, because he really just didn't try that hard. And I wonder if, like when they're at home. He just kind of quickly gives up and maybe let's tricks eat handle it.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Maybe that's why Muffin's kind of wild.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I kind of wonder.
Speaker 2: Or it could be that she just wears him down and he's just is willing to take the win when he can get it right. Muffin lays down some sweet sweet wisdom, Henry. What does she say?
Speaker 1: Muffin says, wherever my cousins come over, I put my special toys away. That's what you should do.
Speaker 2: Blue Bandit agrees with Muffin that that's what Bluey should have done. Bluey tells him what happened?
Speaker 3: I scaring to do that?
Speaker 6: Then you might me like your watermelon and I got the shocked.
Speaker 2: No point playing the blame game. We need a solution.
Speaker 3: I think is stup sitting even more fun than polypucking.
Speaker 2: I don't think Bandit wanted what happens next, but I bet he was glad to get the spotlight off of him after blaming blue for something that he caused. Hen What is getting ready to happen in the backyard.
Speaker 1: They are gonna have a horsey wedding.
Speaker 2: Blueie has her sweet keyboard rig out there in the backyard. What does it do?
Speaker 1: It plays music and it has a microphone that actually works on it.
Speaker 2: It sounded really good, and it was laying down some really cool beats while she's telling them, here's what's getting ready to happen. Bingo is going to be the efficient. It looks like and Stella, what is she looking at on her little podium?
Speaker 1: She is looking at a cookbook.
Speaker 2: It looks like, Yeah, I thought that was so cute that there's a little cookbook sitting there, and that's her script for the wedding. I guess she never did mention it looked like maybe beef Wellington on there. I wasn't sure. She didn't mention that they can't get socks to come out, Stella, what is she doing?
Speaker 1: Socks is still chewing on Pollie.
Speaker 2: Bingo is trying to get these two horses married, and she tells them, you may now say some things. I'm not marrying him. He stinks. My heart is breaking. Muffin has had enough of this. Amanda. What does she do?
Speaker 5: She yells at the horses that they need to talk in horsey talk. They can't talk in normal talk. It has to be horsey talk. And then she yells at them again that now they need to get married according to Bingo, but they have to do it in horsey talk.
Speaker 2: Henry, how does the wedding go? From that point?
Speaker 1: Sparkles runs off because Sparkle's freaked out, and Banda is all sad. He said that his heart is broken.
Speaker 2: They take off in a big chase, Henry, what does Stripe do?
Speaker 1: Stripe runs into the kitchen, He hides behind the count after everybody runs by, and then he goes to the TV and he starts watching cricket.
Speaker 2: He didn't try very hard to stay hidden. They heard the cricket match, Yeah from far away, and I thought it was funny that once the girls ran past looking for him, he winning like a horse instead of turning back to people talk, he stayed in horse mode. The girls heard him watching the cricket and they went in to grab him. Stell of what happens?
Speaker 1: Stripe ends up running into the room that Socks is in, and Socks drops Polly and starts growling at Stripe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it looks like it scared him. Yeah, but what happens with Polly?
Speaker 1: Bluie is able to run in and grab Pollie and Uncle Stripe gives her a wing like, showing her that he did it on purpose so she would drop Polly.
Speaker 2: What a guy. He ran in there to watch cricket instead of play with them, just to get Polly back. But poor Galahop.
Speaker 1: I've been looking forward to this day all my life. I know it's ruined.
Speaker 2: The wedding is still going to go ahead now, and Bingo marries the horses right then Chili and Aunt Tricksy get back and they're in the middle of a conversation.
Speaker 4: Well, I guess that's why we wear mathcots, Amanda.
Speaker 2: We always talk about this in this show, how they have these little side conversations that you don't get to hear all of and you would love to know what happened. What do you think might have happened that led them to say this?
Speaker 4: I am not sure.
Speaker 5: I would say maybe somebody got hurt while they were playing field hockey.
Speaker 4: But I don't know.
Speaker 2: I liked him that maybe Chili or Trixy had to get rough with somebody and popped him in the mouth. And that was Aunt Trixie's take on it. Maybe the girls tell Chili and Trixy the big news, Amanda, what happens.
Speaker 5: The girls tell Chili and Aunt Trixie that there was a Horsey wedding and Uncle Stripe married Dad, and Bandit says, well, who could blame him?
Speaker 2: And that was the episode, Henry, Did we forget anything?
Speaker 1: Nope, but I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what it's time for.
Speaker 4: Did we learn anything today?
Speaker 2: Could anybody tell us? What did you learn today?
Speaker 5: If you don't want one of your favorite things destroyed or messed with, put it up before company comes over.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's fair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's why you wear mouthguards exactly.
Speaker 2: Also fair? All right, what about you, Stella?
Speaker 1: I don't really know if there was a lesson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think there really was a lesson necessarily. We just see how their lives go and how they do things and their family dynamics. Personally, I think it's super cool that the moms are into field hockey and are seemingly pretty tough, so that's neat.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it is really cool that they're such good friends that they can enjoy the same things together like the field hockey, And I think it's really awesome that Bandit and Stripe, even though they're brothers, they're like really good friends.
Speaker 2: Too, And it's cool that they stayed with the girls so that Chili and Tricksie could go have some fun playing sports together, and that they were so keen on playing what the girls wanted to play begrudgingly committedly, but they still did it.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I thought they were like, really super into the whole horsey thing.
Speaker 2: They just had to pretend they weren't to save face. So what it was? Yeah, I mean, bandit looks so dapper with his hat and everything.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, look at Uncle Stripe. He looked absolutely stunning in his wedding veil.
Speaker 2: One thing I think I learned is that it's a universal thing where once you get to be a man of a certain age, crawling around on tile hurts your knees really bad, and you do anything you can to avoid it, to the point that it's a running gag that even the kids mention it horses love tile. When Blue said that, I was like, oh man, that's good.
Speaker 4: Those poor knees.
Speaker 2: Does anybody have any parting thoughts about the episode?
Speaker 5: I think this episode is still just as fun as it was three years ago when we talked about it. Like I said before, I think it's really great how Bandit and Stripe are such good friends even though they're brothers. Just seeing the cousins all play together. And this is an early on episode, so we see little Muffin and really little Socks, and as we go through it, we'll see them get a little bit bigger.
Speaker 1: I like being able to see Muffin in this episode just because Muffin.
Speaker 4: Is my favorite character.
Speaker 2: You two are almost twins really when you think about it.
Speaker 1: Okay, this episode's still hilarious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I really like it. I love watching them together. I love hearing Muffin when she was this small and watching Bandit. He's always been my favorite and he's still my favorite, and this just continues to cement his position in the Dad Hall of Fame in television history. So hooray all around. I also think it's funny too that we see Stripe being such a pushover when it comes to parenting, that he just rolls over at the first sign of resistance, is like, well, I don't know what to tell you.
Speaker 4: The best of luck, I've done everything I can. Yep, no you haven't.
Speaker 2: Well, guys, we think Bluie is awesome, and speaking of things that we think are awesome, Henry, what should we do next?
Speaker 1: The howl outs?
Speaker 2: Okay, listen up.
Speaker 1: Everyone has to clap and go whoa, yeah, all right, that's awesome, got it.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: Our fans are the best and we could not do this show without you, guys. We're so thankful for you for the emails and comments and five star reviews. Just thank you so much.
Speaker 5: We really really appreciate you, guys, thank you so much for listening.
Speaker 2: Let's take a look at the comments from Spotify. We heard from Jenica Bake.
Speaker 5: Allie.
Speaker 2: We also heard from We heard from pretty Good Username and Classic move Yep. We heard from Chris. We heard from our friend Julia, who has a theory that the fur is actually their clothes and they're wearing underwear underneath the fur. Any takers on.
Speaker 5: That, Well, that's interesting. I never thought of it like that before.
Speaker 2: I suppose you could make an argument for it either way. I guess I never really considered it. We heard from Souprena, ev.
Speaker 6: La La.
Speaker 2: Skippy Oscar twice who asked us to give a howl out to their brothers. So a howl out to your brothers. We heard from our buddy Alex. We heard from Lola, and we heard from Cash. He's seven and from Australia. High Cash, thank you so much for listening, Hi Cash. We got some emails. We heard from Riona from Ireland and they like Muffin the best because she is crazy. Would you guys agree with that?
Speaker 4: Absolutely?
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that's why we like muff and Tea. What about you, Stella?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I agree.
Speaker 2: We got a voice message from Zora, Hi.
Speaker 6: To say your Bestizura speaking. I just want to tell you that the new Bluing movies coming up, and my friend said it's coming at twenty twenty eight, that it's coming out in twenty twenty seven. I like Stella, Amanda and Eric, and now I like Henry too, and all of you guys, and I hope you guys have a great time.
Speaker 3: Bye.
Speaker 5: Zora. Thank you so much for your voice message. It was so great to hear your sweet little voice. And we are so so glad that you liked the show. And thank you for giving us an update on when the Blue movie is going to come out.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Zora. Thank you.
Speaker 2: We are looking forward to that Blue movie, aren't we, guys?
Speaker 4: We sure are.
Speaker 2: We also got a voice message from our friend Eli. Remember when he sent us the recording of him playing the Blue theme on the piano.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, he did such a great job.
Speaker 2: He sent us another one where he put our names in the song like the show that we'll listen to later. But he also sent us this.
Speaker 7: Dinner with the helos. I'll be mentioning my favorite things free Blue and the podcast, So fust up, Hi, it's me Eli. I've mashed you a couple times. So my favorite people in the Blue podcast is our Commander. My favorite two episodes in the whole Blue show is probably Facy Talk and Cubby. My favorite character from Blue is the drum Shepherd officer from the Sign Party, because I do have a drum CHEPD for my own and I really like them.
Speaker 5: That's all bye, Eli, thank you for sending us another message. It was great to hear from you, and I'm really looking forward to hearing your song.
Speaker 2: And Eli picked the parents as the favorite.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was pretty cool.
Speaker 2: That never happens with These two kids are so cool that it's almost impossible for us to get to the top. But we did it, a man, we did it. Yes, don't worry. You guys are still pretty cool, just not as cool as your.
Speaker 4: Mom, all right, yeah, I'm the coolest.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Eli. We also got a voice message from Riley.
Speaker 3: Hello to know what to hit, I'm Raan nice here for in the podcast. We have to be at least and then Stella and Amanda. My favorite character from Blue, you would have to be Muffins because I can relate to her a lot. And my favorite show outside of Blue, you would have to be Casey Undercover. I'm just going to wait for you a new episode because I can't stop listening to it.
Speaker 4: It's amazing.
Speaker 3: Anyways, buy.
Speaker 5: Riley, thank you so much for sending us a message, and thank you for giving me a little shout out there and send us some love my way. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, Riley. And you know that we love Muffin here too. She is awesome. Stella, what is it about Muffin that makes you like her so much?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I just think Muffing's funny.
Speaker 2: She is a riot, she is.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Riley.
Speaker 2: Thank you to everyone who listens, who says messages and voice messages and leaves us reviews and comments. You guys mean the world too, so thank you, thank you, thank you, and until next time, we are out of here, Bye guys, Bye bye