Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KF I am six forty. I was sitting down and her family with a walker comes by. She's with a walker and says, do you mind if she sits down? I go, yeah, I mind. You know, I'm sitting here. So she looked down at me and said, I'm one hundred years old, not in therefore I should sit down. And she was just very proud of it. And I said, I don't care how old you are, You're not taking this seat. And now handle on the news, ladies and gentlemen. Here's Bill Handle. Good morning everybody. It's Wednesday, February the twelfth. It's uh, well, it's hump bad. Mike, Mike, Mike, Mike, Mike, Mike. You know, there are people that have not seen that commercial yet. I think there are because they're pretty data. It's a Geygo commercial Geico commercial. And for those people that don't know, because it's you know, not young anymore, it's an old camel go to YouTube and put just look up Camel Geico Geico commercial and you'll see what I'm talking about. Probably the funniest commercial I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: All Right, you say outdated references I'm sorry that new you using outdated references as is now the references.
Speaker 1: No, No, the reference is not outdated. The reference is legitimate. The reference is the relevant. The reference is topical or tropical, depending on where you are. It is. I'm referring to the commercial itself may be outdated.
Speaker 3: Well call me Rex the Wonder Horse.
Speaker 1: Okay, Rex the Wonder Horse. Also commercials one of it, Well, this goes back.
Speaker 3: This is dated.
Speaker 1: One of the most effective commercials was I think aspirin commercial that had that hammer banging on your forehead over and over and over again until you were throwing up. How many times it ran it was one of the most effective spots ever. All right, it is time to say hello to the crowd. Amy, good morning, Hi Bill. Oh, yes there is uh oh, your shoulders are showing. You know that if you were in any one of the Arrow countries, you would now be either shot or your shoulders would be removed surgically. You know that, don't you?
Speaker 4: You wouldn't be shot. But when I was in Egypt, there were a bunch of military guys walking by and they were like like making motions like cover your shoulders, and we're like it's ninety degrees.
Speaker 1: Come on, does matter? Doesn't matter? Okay, So anyway, she put her thing on over your shoulders. Now known as a sweater, that's what it's known as a sweater and convoluted device. You Yeah, but anyway, I was making a point. You know, Arab countries are Arab countries. You don't do that, okay, Neil, good morning, good morning, will Learr. We are and cono hello dude.
Speaker 3: Morning bill. Oh and that camel commercials twelve years old, by the.
Speaker 1: Way, Okay, I appreciate that you've seen it, have you not.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm older than twelve.
Speaker 1: Okay, And and good morning. My kids are not older than twelve. Just to put that on the table. And there an and good morning, good morning. Oh way, like going on? You know the promos that are up there on KFI when they run my show commercials, you know, promos for the show. Does anybody ever think we have a serious show that we think about, that we talk about serious topics, or do they think this is just an asinine, stupid, infantile show. I don't don't answer that. Don't just don't answer that. I just thought that that would be you know, good question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one that Cono plays at the top of the show, doesn't necessarily mean that's the one that's running.
Speaker 3: Throughout the week.
Speaker 1: I don't know or what are you talking about.
Speaker 2: I'm saying that what you just heard in that promo that Cono played isn't necessarily what's been playing all week to promote the show.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, since I don't pay attention to promos anything to do with me, I immediately turn off. You know, my mind goes off. Are there some serious promos?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, not to mention you know those aren't AI like that is actually you saying those things?
Speaker 1: Yeah, not arguing that, but it's publicists would say about Kamala Harris, Donald Trump would say carefully edited to give to skew the way this broadcast is. See, I'm comparing myself to well to Donald Trump, not to Kamala Harris. I don't know which one I'm more would be more upset about. All right, all right, let's do it. Time for handle on the news on this Tuesday Wednesday mornings. Already Wednesday. No, it's good. Usually it's in advance. Okay, let's do it. Uh, Mike, Mike, Amy and Neil and me lead story. What's his name. Yesterday very strange at Trump's usual at his desk, the Resolute Desk press conference that he gives, very wide ranging and rambling, et cetera. It talks about the various executive orders he's signing. Elon Musk was there standing up next to Trump and about half an hour answering questions, and it was just terrific. One reporter said, asked, how about transparency, and must say we have total transparent and sye, just go to the website. You go to the website. There is no total transparency. Is there a conflict of interest? No, there's no conflict of interest, even though Musk has billions and billions of dollars with contracts with the US government. And then it was just fantastic. So in any case, Oh, and he had his kid on his shoulders or was it a kid who was three years old? Two years old and dancing around playing horsey with his kid? Didn't I get that right? All right? We can do one more for the break?
Speaker 4: What ceasefire on the verge of failing or is it Israel's Prime minister has warned Hamas that it will end the seasfire in Gaza and resume fighting if the Palestinian group does not return the hostages as scheduled in the ceasefire agreement, and Netanyahu then ordered Israeli forces to a mass inside and around Gaza. Hamas had accused Israel of violating the three week old ceasefire, saying that it was blocking a humanitarian aid that's supposed to get into Gaza. Of course, Israel has denied that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hamas is holding on to the majority of hostages still and is releasing little bits. It's a drip drip drip of releasing hostages three at a time, four at a time. And Israel is now saying, well, Thatchahu says, you don't get them all, you don't get release of hostages. By Saturday, We're going in the hostages. He's talking about the rest of them, or the hostages that are to be released pursuant to the agreement. Trump said all of them Saturday. Otherwise all hell would break loose. And I get to tell you Trump, he does not lie. He is going to allow Israel to just go crazy. Israel has to pretty well do what the United States once because the arms that Israel has the fast fast majority come from the United States, and Israel would run out of arms that they couldn't do much, so we'll see what happens, and to not return those hostages, you know. And they were changing them from Palestinian prisoners, some prisoners held without charges, youths that have thrown rocks, and some convicted murderers are being returned. And so the bottom line is innocent civilians versus Palestinian prisoners. I'm all for saying they all come back, or we're going to blow you to pieces. I have no problem with that, as you.
Speaker 2: Can hear from handle Me Cono and just about everybody else on the planet. Influenza levels in the United States are at the highest they've been in fifteen years. As winter whether persists, we got rain coming in right now. As a matter of fact, second wave of the virus caused more and more infections, according to the CDC most recent weekly US Influence Surveillance reports shows that a seven point eight percent of the visits to the healthcare providers were respiratory illnesses.
Speaker 3: And this is worse. Uh, this is the worst since the swine flew.
Speaker 1: Hey you got a mute, I'm hearing it out here. Okay, okay, by the way, Neo and I both have the cruds.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've had for.
Speaker 1: A couple of days.
Speaker 4: No bardon, Will's got it now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not bad enough. It's not one of those where you have to stay home. It's just the cruds where it's just difficult. Last night, I went to sleep at seven o'clock. I got what nine hours of sleep? And I'm still cruddy and I almost never get nine hours of sleep.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, free at last. President Trump has met with Mark Fogel at the White House. That happened last night after Fogel was released from a jail in Russia. He was a teacher and got arrested in August of twenty twenty one after customs agents found medical marijuana in his luggage. Fogel met with Trump and some of the key players and all of that, including the guy who negotiated his release. He was draped in an American flag and had a beer in his hand.
Speaker 3: Was it a medicinal beer?
Speaker 1: Nope, Nope, medic Here. If you hate someone and they're going to Russia, just spoke a joint and breathe on their luggage. Just blow on their luggage. You're great. You know, there's fifteen years in prison. Russia's kind of nuts about that. I think it's Singapore where you have a joint and they just kill you. It's one of those countries where you just keep your medicine at home, all right, God a good idea.
Speaker 2: The FBI yesterday said it discovered discovered, Hey, what are these twenty four hundred new records related to the assassination of former President JFK As federal agencies worked to comply with President Donald Trump's executive order last month to release thousands of files regarding the nineteen sixty three November twenty second assassination.
Speaker 1: I just finished probably the ninth or tenth documentary on the Kennedy assassination that I have seen, and half of them Lee Harvey Oswald is the only shooter. The other half there were two or three shooters, all of them pointing to various pieces of evidence. And it is I don't know what those twenty four hundred are. First of all, why they were sealed five million pages of records and now another twenty four hundred, and the order was to be released, and no one did. Biden didn't, Obama didn't, George W. Bush didn't. It's doesn't make any sense. And I think there will be released after fifty years. And it's been long after fifty years of the assassination. All right, you know we can what's on?
Speaker 4: Okay, the fight over the Gulf of America. So, as you know, President Trump signed an executive order making the Gulf of Mexico into the Gulf of American and Google Maps is updated and it now says Gulf of America. But the Associated Press is digging in on this one. They say it's style guide states that the news service will refer to it by its agonal name, while acknowledging the new name that Trump has chosen. The White House said, you know what, you got to call it the Gulf of America.
Speaker 1: You can't come in, Yeah, and go ahead, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: So I was just going to say, and AP said, no, we're this is what we're doing. And so they were not let into the Oval Office yesterday.
Speaker 1: Is that one time or is it permanent? And Trump Associated yesterday. If if they don't use the AP does not use the Gulf of America as describing the Gulf of Mexico, Trump will be sending troops into the AP and will be attacking it. I bet you will be accurate.
Speaker 2: I bet, I bet you if it was a person who wants to be identified as someone else. No one's saying that they're dead naming the Gulf of Mexico. Stop dead naming the Gulf of Mexico. Everybody gets the reference. Oh boy, I don't get the reference. If you call somebody, if you if you call Caitlyn Jenner Bruce, the whole world would shut down and you would be that if the APA called Bruce or Caitlyn Jenner Bruce Jenner, everyone would flip out.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll buy that. Now is Gulpher Mexico four hundred years. There's an argument there. Cape Canaveral, which became Cap Kennedy, which became Cape Canaveral again four hundred years. Mount McKinley, it's all a little goofy, yeah, Mount McKinley. Six.
Speaker 3: Twitter, you're dead naming Twitter for people.
Speaker 1: But it'll change, but it will change as it comes up. Remember when Trump was elected, and this is any president who's elected, the name is sort of jarring. President Trump, President Biden. It's kind of jarring for a while until you get used to it. Say one thing that I still have an issue getting used to even though I'm in favor of it is a man and this is the newspaper reporting this. Now, this is straight news. A man saying my husband or a woman saying my wife, that is jarring. Well, we get used to it, Yeah, we will.
Speaker 3: I don't think about that anymore.
Speaker 1: I do still jarring to me. Huh, I do that. And I'm in favor of gay people getting married.
Speaker 2: I'm in favor of people pushing back on Trump. I just wish it was something a little more interesting.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of fun. Come on, you know, the change, Yeah, I mean the evasion of the AP. Come on that, the AP offices, that's kind of fun. And threatening to arrest everybody if they don't use Gulf of America. I think that's fun.
Speaker 3: I don't think he was gonna arrest everybody. He's gonna arrest the whole country.
Speaker 1: Didn't we see that? Didn't we see that AP reporter trying to crash the Oval office was dragged off in handcuffs? Do I have that right?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Oh? Okay.
Speaker 2: Lawyers representing the Trump administration agreed tuesday to temporary temporarily stop the Elon Musk led Department of Government Efficiency from accessing student loans and financial aid information after a University of California group filed a federal lawsuit seeking to halt the action.
Speaker 1: So yeah, this is with Elon Musk and Dodge the development of government doge It's baby is set basically killing, chopping up, putting into a blender of the baby with the bathwater, and so they may be overreaching, who knows. Although did you see the list of government programs that are being funded one hundred million dollars for condoms in Guatemala, ludicrous teaching or or helping LGBTQ weddings continue on. I think it's pretty simplistic because it could be money to an organization, and that is a small part of it. So you know, I have no problem with the investigation, but they're cutting, cutting, cutting like crazy. USAID. You know how much of it is these ridiculous programs. Ninety nine percent using to feed people, so you cut the whole thing. So I've got some issues with that. I'd like the idea of feeding starving people around the world, but and I like the give an investigation too and telling these organizations, hey, you want USAID, You're going to cut that crap out. But that is an investigation into a particular program that in what they're doing with the money. Oh, Fair Plan news.
Speaker 4: If I had a billion dollars, okay, it was a million dollars and that was a bad rendition of it. But the California Fair Plan got approve from the state's Insurance Commissionery yesterday to make its member companies pay a billion dollars that it says it needs to pay La fire claims. So the deal is, the La Fare Plan is for people who can't get fire insurance anymore. So it's sort of the last resort. The plans backed by the insurance companies.
Speaker 1: Insurance companies, right, so.
Speaker 4: They've paid out like their estimated it's going to be four billion dollars for homeowners affected by the fires. So they said, well, we need a billion, and the insurance company said, okay, we'll pay it, but we're going to pass those costs along to everybody who has insurance policies in.
Speaker 1: Galum, of which only half a billion has to be paid by the insured, by the people who have insurance plans. So it's they're divving this up, but the bottom line in the end, we're going to pay. Of course, who else is going to pay. The consumer is going to pay. But it's I mean, what do you do?
Speaker 3: What do you do?
Speaker 1: And let's say you have a utility that's at fault for this whole thing, so file against the utility, which then goes bankrupt, which it's it's a mess anyway, any way you do it, it's a it's a god awful mess.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: Your song was terrible, Amy, thank you, it was a horrible I like this. Yeah, I'm sure you did.
Speaker 3: I love that song, not arguing that I loved your rendition.
Speaker 2: Yes, New US Defense ser Secretary Pete Hegseth is expected to push NATO and EU to take more responsibility for Ukraine. Uh, And it's gonna be expected. He's going to be expected to urge members of NATO to increase their defense spending to five percent of their respected GDPs and ramp up their defense industrial base, start manufact entering weapons and equipment and stuff like that more quickly.
Speaker 3: And that is what it's expected, and.
Speaker 1: It's going to happen. One of the things Donald Trump did and I give him credit for this one, kudos. NATO, which was created as a force to stop the Russians from invade invading Russia invading Europe was a North Atlantic Treaty Organization fund that I think it started in nineteen forty eight or nineteen forty six, was funded to a great extent by the US, and most of the countries did not meet their requirements of funding. Two percent or three percent of GDP had to go into NATO. They just didn't do it until President Trump in his first term said Okay, you don't meet your standards, we're pulling out. Congratulations. Well, NATO doesn't exist very very well without the United States. And guess what these countries did. They met their obligations. And Hegseth is now saying regarding Ukraine, you're going to meet your obligations or come to the table, or you know, you're on your own. Unfortunately Ukraine would be on its own. So you know, that's what happens in Democrats and Republicans earlier. Just let these countries slide, and Trump is not. Trump is holding their feet to the fire or is it their butt to the fire. I've always wondered about that term. Yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 4: Okay, together but separated. King Abdullah of Jordan sat together with President Trump yesterday in the Oval Office. So they sat together, but they are not. They're not exactly together on what to do about the Palestinians. Of course, Trump, as you know, said we got to move the Palestinians out of the Gaza strip and we want him to go to Jordan and Egypt. And King Abdullah basically said, no, we are against the displacement of Palestinians. He said, the United the Arab physician is unified. They're not behind us.
Speaker 1: There is only one country in the world, one leader in the world that's saying okay to that, and that is Neta Yahu, who is perfectly fine with Palestinians leaving Gaza and Israel coming in as well as everybody else into the new resort that Trump is going to build. Did you notice how well Abdullah speaks English. It is flawless English. He went to school in Great Britain and the United States, and you can't tell that he's even Arabic at all. You can't tell he speaks Arabic. He's one of those people that speak absolutely perfect English, as does Netanyahu, who went to school at MIT, and most European leaders speak speak English. Castro spoke a decent English. A lot of people don't know that. Now Putin does not. The only thing you can say in English is we kill you Americans. That's all he can say. Most of the rest of the world speak pretty good English.
Speaker 3: The key is to only learn what you need.
Speaker 1: That's true, So Lenski speaks of decent English.
Speaker 3: Hey, I have a question for you.
Speaker 2: I need you any Jew he can get into Israel and find a safe haven.
Speaker 1: There, right, Yes, but there are some to make. Aliyah is to go to Israel, to live there and become a citizen. And as soon as you do that, if you intend to become a citizen of Israel, as soon as you get off the airplane and hit the tarmac, you are a citizen of Israel. Now, if you're going to visit, you're you're a visitor. Sure, but it is a safe haven. I mean, there's no way if there is any kind of discrimination, if there's any persecution of Jews, you go to Israel. It's a safe haven. It's a safe haven. Israel's created out of the ashes of the Holocaust. I get it.
Speaker 2: How Come no Arab country wants any Palestinians.
Speaker 1: Because they don't want to pay for it. Because the Arabs don't really give a rats about Palestinians because it's all lip service. The Arab countries only want to they all knows, because that's who the Arab countries are, that's what they're about me. So it's lip service back and forth. For example, Saudi Arabia hates Israel, does not want anything to do with Israel, although that's changing. Is it's been lip service for years and years and years and years. They're more scared of Tehran than they are of anything else. Saudi Arabia has F sixteens, for example, the United States had sold them F sixteen's. There is an extended tank for fuel that's made by Israel. They're the only country in the world that makes this kind of a tank that you know, fuel tank that latches on the airplane, it goes on the airplane, and Saudi Arabia wanted them, so Israel. Israel manufactures them, and you know what they do. It's a Cyprus company that distributes those fuel tanks to Saudi Arabia and that's been going on for decades and decades. So while Saudi Arabia gives the lip service we hate Israel, O, we're in favor of the Palestinians. They're buying from Israel, and they know it. And they were just about just about to normalize relations with Saudi Arabia before the October seventh attacks, and now they have to lip service again once again. Jordan and Egypt are the only two Arab countries that have normalized relations. And even then, I've gone to Cairo from Israel. There are two flights a day that leave that. Actually there's one flight a day that goes from Tel Aviv to Cairo and then back from Cairo to Tel Aviv. Let me tell you, you're agoing to a place that does not like you. You fly into Cairo on an l all plane. You're not landing at the terminal. You're landing way off surrounded by armed forces. At least that's the way it was last time I went. You're going into a different part of the terminal and you're guarded by the military, the Egyptian military. Believe me, it's not a friendly place. Does that help answer the question? No, it doesn't, but at least it gave you a pretty good story. Indeed, okay, we can do one more.
Speaker 2: Hold on, I'm trying not to steeze the start of Black History Month and and Pride Month will no longer be recognized.
Speaker 3: By Google and their Google I mean Google.
Speaker 2: Calendar, and now users will have to manually add observed commemorative months and public holidays themselves.
Speaker 3: That the tech company has said.
Speaker 2: Basically, they for a long time worked with Time and Date dot com to show public holidays national observances on the Google calendar. But they get feedback and people say you, how can we not have this on there? Or other countries say why don't you have this? And they said, maintaining all of those different things manually is just unsustainable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a croc. It has to do with the uh anti quote political diversity movement that now is moving towards the government. You look up what used to be Black History months on Google today, it'll say no Black History Month for you. Same thing with any other Juneteenth doesn't exist. It goes right from the eighteenth through the twentieth. That's it. They don't even recognize June nineteenth on the Google calendar. But you still get National Pretzel Day. That one still flies, which I think is very important, by the way, because I love those soft pretzels with salt on them and a little mustard you dip into them very strong. Okay, I think we're done, aren't we pretty much? KFI AM six forty you've been listening to the Bill Handle Show. Catch My Show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app