Speaker 1: Welcome to the number one radio health talk show in America, The Doctor Bob Martin Show. Doctor Martin is a chiropractic physician, a Board certified clinical nutritionist, and diplomat of the American Academy of Anti Aging Medicine. The information presented on this show is educational in nature. Please consult your personal healthcare provider regarding health issues. You may have got a health related problem or challenge, not feeling well, and you just don't know where to turner what to do. Doctor Bob Martin is here for you and will do his very best to answer your health question. The tone free number to ask Doctor Martin a health question or to make a health related comment is eight hundred six oh six eighty eight twenty two. Eight hundred six oh six eighty eight twenty two. That's eight hundred six zero six eighty eight twenty two. It's the Doctor Bob Martin Sel.
Speaker 2: Fantastic health, excellent health, great health. Isn't that what everybody wants? Well, You're invited to set your expectations high. If you want better energy, mental clarity, and optimal physical function and the absence of disease. If that's what you want, well, then you've come to the right place. Welcome, Welcome everyone to this hour of the Doctor Bob Martin Show. I'm doctor Bob and I'm here to encourage you to become your own best doctor most of the time, and we can get started with that conversation. Should you have a health related problem, you can step over to your telephone and call our toll free nationwide number and you'll hear me answer the phone. I'll ask you to state your first name, the city and state you're living in, and then your question. Make sure your radio is turned down so it's not blaring in the background before you start the call that number eight hundred six to zero six eight eight to two to two eight hundred six zero six eight eight two two or one eight hundred six zero six eighty eight twenty two. And the website where you can find lots of news that I post up at doctor Bob dot com spell out doctor doc tr bob dot com. They're also you can follow me on the Instagram x LinkedIn. It's all there, plus the podcast library. Should you ever miss a show or you want to hear this one all over again, it'll be there at doctor Bob dot com. Now, before we go back to your telephone calls and questions.
Speaker 3: I wanted to.
Speaker 2: Help you with a way to give your brain a cognitive boost, but not using caffeine to do it, because.
Speaker 3: A lot of people that's what they do.
Speaker 2: They use caffeine to move their bowels, to give them energy, to wake them up so that they can think clear. Millions of people do it every day. That's how they start off the day. And I personally don't do that, but I don't judge people who do it because if it makes them feel better, fine, if that's your only vice. Is a cup of coffee a day, no big deal. I don't personally do it.
Speaker 3: But if you're.
Speaker 2: Counting on a cup of coffee to fuel your day and keep you on your toes at work, you might be disappointed. Because British researchers have identified one long acting way to give your brain a boost. A recent study showed and this is the alternative to using a drug every day in the form of caffeine, even though it's the most used drug.
Speaker 3: I think I read something the other day it was.
Speaker 2: Like ninety percent of people have some exposure to caffeine on a daily basis in America.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's a lot.
Speaker 2: But if you're looking in twenty twenty five to extricate yourself from it, because you just are saying.
Speaker 3: Look, I might be addicted to this because when I.
Speaker 2: Don't do it, I panic, I search for it. I think I'm missing out on something. I get nervous, I get a headache, I get the shakes. Until I get it, my brain is foggy and my bowels are stuck, and everything is wrong until I dump caffeine in my body.
Speaker 3: Well, if you're looking for.
Speaker 2: A way to cognitively boost yourself without caffeine, listen to this. A recent studies showed that you guessed it. Exercise improves cognition and brain power, particularly long and short term memories. Taking a walk in the morning or a quick workout on your lunch break has been shown to work better than coffee at getting you moving in the morning and beating the afternoon doll drums. Researchers found that about thirty minutes of moderate to vigorous physical activity improved episodic and working memory, while an extra thirty minutes sitting was linked to a small decline in working memory. Memory benefits of moderate to vigorous physical activity may persist for twenty four hours. In other words, if you walk for thirty minutes vigorously and start out slow and then just pump up the volume as you get going, you're going to benefit for the next twenty four hours from just that movement.
Speaker 3: It's like giving your body.
Speaker 2: Coffee without the caffeine, because your activity is going to drive that. Exercise signals your body to produce more energy by releasing endorphins. Those are those like second wind hormones and doorphins and and Keflin's and norepen effort which boost alertness and make you feel more awake. Isn't that what you're taking caffeine for. Well, everything that goes up comes down, and with caffeine, because it goes up really quickly, it comes down and that's why people feel more tired than they started and they have to redose with the drug caffeine Well. Researchers in the UK studied adults ranging an age between fifty and eighty three. They outfitted each person with a sleep and physical activity tracker for eight days. They also administered cognitive tests to each of the subjects on a daily basis, measuring attention, memory, reaction time, and problem solving.
Speaker 3: Skills.
Speaker 2: Two sets of cognitive tests were administered. Getting thirty extra minutes of moderate to vigorous physical activity like brisk walking or cycling or whatever whatever you feel good about, jumping jacks, whatever it may be, during the day before was linked to better memory. There was small improvements in long term memory as well and working memory, which keeps fresh information at top of mind. Some evidence suggests enhancing positive mood states may be maintained for up to twenty four hours following exercise. In fact, they found that those people who did exercise in this particular study instead of caffeine had longer, more sustaining results. So give yourself maybe like thirty days, stop the coffee, take a long walk in the morning, see how you feel, and if you need that warm cuppa, if you just need something warm to put your hands around the cup, then look for a coffee alternative that doesn't have any caffeine in it, Like how about trying something like you can go to the health Foom store by the way and find these they're they look like it, they taste like it, they smell like coffee, but no caffeine in it, and they go under the brand labels. Cafex paero roma, and a variety of other herbal, non caffeinated teas, or at the worst, go with green tea because you'll get more benefits. Even though there's a little bit of caffeine there, you'll get more benefits out of that than you will regular coffee. So there you have it, all right, let's get right back to your telephone calls and your questions. At eight hundred and six zero six eight eight two two, here comes Brad in Knoxville, Tennessee.
Speaker 4: Hello, doctor Bob, This is Brad from Knoxville, Tennessee. My question is regarding oils, specifically oils like olive oil, seed oils, those sort of things. I was listening and watching Fox News the other day and one of their contributors, a medical contributor by the name of doctor Mark Siegel, was talking about the bad effects of seed oils and he started naming the various oils that I've heard you mentioned a pass that are bad. But one of the oils he mentioned his list was grape seed oil. Now, I thought that was a good oil to use. I thought it ranked up there with avocado oil and coconut oil. So if you could elaborate doing one of your shows whether or not this oil is good or is bad. I thought it was a good oil. But if you could elaborate on all the oils, I appreciate it. Thank you very much, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Brad, thank you for your phone call.
Speaker 3: All right. Yeah, it's easy to confuse.
Speaker 2: Rape seed oil, which is also canola oil, with grape seed oil, so there may have been some communication loss there. I'm not sure, but grape seed oil from grape seeds is certainly a lot healthier than the synthetic stuff the cano oil. Cano oil should not be consumed.
Speaker 3: It is just flat out bad for you.
Speaker 2: The better oils to use in cooking, especially if there's gonna be some high temperatures, ghee, butter, coconut like you said, avocados, another one, cold pressed virginile oil, course, sesame seed oil, walnut, even red palm oil. The key to oils, Brad, is just not putting them under high heat. The higher the heat ones you need more saturated fats to take that heat. That would be the coconut, the butter would be in the gee. So I don't recommend these seed oils if you use them, and they need to be used if you're cooking at a very low temperature so they don't turn rancid and you cause free radical generation.
Speaker 3: That would be the key.
Speaker 2: Grape seed is okay, appreciate.
Speaker 3: Your phone call. We'll be right back. Stay with us. It's the Doctor Bob Martin Show.
Speaker 5: Here's my son, take back my life, Son, the money, not pollouss, Healthy Star.
Speaker 2: Life, and I welcome you back to the Doctor Bob Martin Show. Thank you so very much for tuning into the program today. We're going to get back to your phone calls and your health related questions very shortly here.
Speaker 3: But first we go to this week's.
Speaker 2: Installment of the Health Alternative of the Week. Here's a great thing to set into motion. You're twenty twenty five goal to be healthier and not get so sick. How about doing a twenty one days to a healthier you. Well, they're recommending this and promote it at natural grocery stores nationwide. There's about I'm not sure how many stores out there, about one hundred and seventy plus natural grocery stores, and if you're lucky enough to have one in your community, definitely go there and find out what they're doing. The goal is, how would you like to experience vibrant and optimal health in just twenty one days. Well, it's a three step journey. All you have to do is just attend a three class series.
Speaker 3: In the month of January.
Speaker 2: January thirteenth through the twenty seventh led by nutritional health coaches at natural grocer stores. And by the way, it's free to attend these classes, which is amazing and congratulations for natural grocers promoting health in the way that they do, not just in the grocery store by offering one hundred percent USDA certified organic produce throughout their stores, but also they're focused on helping to educate consumers so that they can stay healthy in the first place. A ten class one you can learn about eat for your Health. Class two covers how to kick sugar and the cravings that are associated with sugar, and Class three how to Detoxify your life. Then turn the education into action with a seven day challenge and a five dollars coupon and a cook a coupon booklet for the following class. Classes are designed to be taken as a complete series and are a first come, first serve to find the closest natural grocery store offering these classes. Go online to naturrogrocers dot com and look forward the twenty one Days to a Healthier You and then just sign up for the classes.
Speaker 3: By the way, you can still schedule a.
Speaker 2: Free one on one coaching session any time you want because they have coaches available health trained coaches in their stores to help you navigate where to start and how to start eating and living a healthy lifestyle. Coaching sessions are designed to support any health goal you have in mind, whether it be achieving your weight goals, balancing your blood sugar, addressing your cardiovascular health, improving your mental well being. A one hour session with a personalized care coach specific to your health needs, an opportunity to fine tune your diet and get a supplement routine going because you may be just twisting in the wind, not knowing where how to start or what to do. So if it's time to get your health supported, do choose it to do. In twenty twenty five, go to Naturalgrocers dot com to learn more about this week's health alternative of the Week, twenty one Days to a Healthier You, sponsored by natural Grocer stores their website Naturalgrocers dot com, Naturalgrocers dot com all right, let us get right back to work, and we say hello next to Robert Robert in Las Cruces, New Mexico.
Speaker 6: This is Robert from Locke, who's this new Mizio. I have talked to a lot of the people, and I would Sando talked that doctors believe that talk talk treatments et are good. I've seen a lot of their people who are very who have become very really messed up after being a chalk treatments. Could you believe talk about this and tell us your listens what your opinion. Riemen's procedure is scenary. Robert Lee Butler take uarjor.
Speaker 3: Okay, Robert, thanks for calling that in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we don't talk about this very often, but I think it's important some people who have mental health or mental health illness might be someday offered up brain electro shock therapy.
Speaker 3: I'm not a fan of it. I don't believe in it.
Speaker 2: I've talked to too many psychiatrists who are absolutely completely against electroshock therapy of the brain. It involves the passage of electricity current through the brain to the patient, producing well basically seizures, grand mall and major epileptic seizures can be caused by these brain electroshock therapies. Sometimes the two electrodes they're placed over both temples, on both you know, one side of the head and the other side of the head. They give you you know, right your brain is right between the two bilateral shocks and sometimes over just one side of the head. The shock induces this electrical storm that basically obliterates the normal electrical patterns in your brain. It's, you know, the cold goal behind is to like in their theory, is like resetting or shutting down your computer and rebooting it. The only problem is is that the electricity that's shocking the brain may damage the brain the shock induced, I mean you're getting a seizure out of it, and the more the seizure, the more severe you know, suffering that can happen adverse responses to this electroshock therapy that some psychiatrists believe in and recommend and actually do. Some of the adverse effects are showing up in people having memory loss. They may forget their whole childhood as a result of it, but maybe that's the goal. They come out of there with confused usion, headaches, stiff necks, nausea, impaired mental function, brain damage. The list goes on and on and on. I'm not a fan. I think it's barbaric personally, this electroshock therapy. And I think there's always an exception to the rule. I don't know, but I can't think of any right now. So that's there's my opinion. Appreciate your phone call, all right. Next up, let's see, let's see we say hello to don in copa.
Speaker 7: A Hawaii calm copa A Hawaii. Yes, I had the flu vaccine shot and when I left the pharmacy, all of a sudden, I had an allergic reaction, severe allergic reaction. I end up paced down in the parking lot. I was having tremors and vibrate. The pain was excruciating. Had to be taken to the emergency. It was a terrible I could feel an initial pain and small of my back, and then I could feel it migrating up my spine and down my legs and I lost the ability to stand and I went down in the parking lot, face down, and it it was like going in waves the tremors, and I truly believe I vibrated. My body vibrated so much I raised up off of the pavement. It was terrible. Yeah, no flu shots for me. Thank you for your program.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you for your call. Don.
Speaker 2: Wow, we're getting calls on people having adverse reactions to flu shots. For some reason, we just kind a slew of them lately. I think there's a lot more out there. And we're not here to tell you not to get a flu shot. That's a decision you'll have to make. It's a personal decision. Whatever decision you make, I support it. But if you don't want one, you shouldn't be forced to one. And in Don's case, somehow, some way he got one, and you heard what he had to say.
Speaker 3: That's not the first time.
Speaker 2: But Don, you've got to understand that when you take a flu shot, it's got formaldehyde in it. Formaldehyde. There's evidence that formaldehyde exposure causes lots of problems, depending on the amount of exposure, can even cause cancer. Flu shots have antibiotics in them, aluminum, what polysorbate, eighty sucrose, mona sodium glutamate. You've got thermerisol. Thermerasol is a derivative of mercury. Mercury is a neurotoxin which poisons brain tissue and then you've got egg protein in there. I mean, if it's not the flu shot itself, the toxins from the flu shot are really laying people out, and that's probably what happened to you, my friend. Appreciate your call from KHVH in Honolulu. I'm doctor Bob Martin.
Speaker 3: Mistakes, but everybody's got a choice to make. Everybody needs to leave the faith. When are you taking you us?
Speaker 7: What are you in?
Speaker 3: All right? Doctor Bob marking back with you.
Speaker 2: You see how easy it is to call into the program and lay down your health related question or health related comment, or your stroker. It's so simple, so easy, and we love you doing it, so have at it. Here's our toll free number should you have a question about your own health or the health of somebody else, or if you want to make a health related comment, or you'd like to stroke the host by.
Speaker 3: Telling the audience.
Speaker 2: How great the advice was that you heard on this radio show and you benefited by it.
Speaker 3: You can do that too if you like. We call those strokers.
Speaker 2: The number into the program is eight hundred six zero six eight eight two two. That number is available to you twenty four hours at ay three sixty five.
Speaker 3: But go ahead and.
Speaker 2: Call now while you're thinking about the question you have on your mind about your own health or somebody else's health, or the health comment you want to make eight hundred six zero six eighty eight two two one eight hundred six zero six eighty eight twenty two and the website doctor bob dot com spelling out the word doctor d O C t O R bob dot com. We'll get back to phone calls a little bit. The first the health outrage of the week.
Speaker 8: She's I you.
Speaker 3: Don't believe it. Come on each time for the health outbreache because it's nothing butet.
Speaker 2: Oh. This is going to burn you up if you're a red meat eater, especially major meat supplier here in the US caught using glue that's right, g l u E glue on meat to stick together scraps of fraudulently sell them as prime cuts. Fraudulent meat suppliers are using meat muscle scraps and literally gluing them together to make them look like prime cuts, then selling them for top prices to unsuspecting consumers who then swallow the toxic meat if they can even chew it and get sick. This is a poisonous glue used to bind together parts of an animal most people would never buy or eat. Surprise, surprise, as Gomer Bio would say, welcome to big food in America, where it's all about the money and the profit and never about the health of the consumer. The fake steak makers call the meat glue a special enzyme while they wear protective masks so they don't breathe in the fumes from the poisonous glue because it would hurt them. Sure, don't want to do that, just dull it out to the consumer. One of these fake misteaks makers was caught on video telling an interested party that it's dangerous and don't breathe that stuff in whatever you do, when he spreads the toxic enzyme powder on the meat tissue chunks of animal carcass.
Speaker 3: This stuff is gross.
Speaker 2: The toxic powder they're using this meat glue is called trans glutaminase, enzyme made from cultivating bacteria and from a coagulant from the blood of the animal that causes blood to clot. I know this is TMI for you red meat eaters out there. So do humans who eat this meat glue get blood clots?
Speaker 3: That's the question.
Speaker 2: Well, no research has been done on this because the FDA doesn't really care. They just looking at it going, well, whatever, we got bigger fights to fight. As long as it makes the meat industry more money. That's what it's all mattering to them. Meat glue is what's for dinner.
Speaker 3: Yummy. This is gross.
Speaker 2: The meat glue is being used also on more than just beef. Meat glue is being used into pork, lamb, even chicken parts. And this with they mix it in with spike proteins that are now being created inside animals that are injected with you guessed at the mRNA jabs same as the COVID shot, and you've got a health nightmare happening to every person who eats conventional meats. So find yourself a place, whether you have organic meats, where you don't have to worry about meat glue and all these other things they're injecting into the animals that are not good for anybody who consumes them. The health outrage of the week. We move right from the health outrage of the week to the product recall of the week. Here we go Costco egg recall for salmonella receives FDA's most severe designation. The FDA says that people who bought twenty four count packages of organic pasture raised eggs under the brand label Kirklin Signature brand and also bearing the use state of January the fifth should bring the products back to Costco and discard them because of the possible ability of salamonella problems. So there's the product recall the week shortened suite out of Costco, which is some people are like now running to the refrigerator to find out if they've got this going on in their own home right now. And we move right from there to the top ten list of drugs that destroy your hearing and cause ringing in the years. Here we go, the common drugs that cause ringing in the years are tonightis number ten, all end SAIDs, aspirin, ibuprofen, neproxy.
Speaker 3: And Alieve motor.
Speaker 2: They can cause your damage to your hearing and can cause or make worse ringing in the years. Number nine isotree toan number eight. Certain cancer drugs. Number seven. Certain groups of antibiotics can destroy your hearing and your cause ringing in the ears. Certain blood pressure number blood pressure drugs blood pressure lowering drugs number six on the list. Number five on the list of top ten medical drugs that destroy hearing and can cause ringing in your ears benzodiazepins like valium and other drugs, four anti malarial drugs, three anti seizure drugs. We're not telling you to stop any of these drugs, by the way. We were just informing you that the average drug really has about seventy adverse side effect potentials. This is just two of them. Loss of hearing or hearing damage and ringing in the ears. Number three on the list anti seizure drugs, Number two antidepressants, and the number one drug on the list that can cause hearing damage and ringing in the ears is aceta metaphine the active ingredient, and tile and all and over one hundred other drugs.
Speaker 3: So there you have it.
Speaker 2: And there are lots and lots of other drugs that cause ringing in the ears and ear damage, but most people don't know about them because you'd be there all day with the pharmacists trying to explain to you the possible side effects, and you would not get out of the store. So they just give it to you hope and belief, and you hope for the best and you hope that you don't get the adverse side effects. But then three months down the road, you've been taking the drug and suddenly you start ringing in the ears and you're saying, hunh can you turn it up the volume on the television, And you're wondering what hits you and you can't relate it to the medication that your doctor prescribed or you took. And yet it's relevant because it's the drug. The very drug that you're taking started three months ago. It may not happen right.
Speaker 3: Away, but it could be six months or a year.
Speaker 2: You take that drug, it destroys nerve tissue in your ear, and then you got hearing loss and ringing in the ears.
Speaker 3: Was it worth it? We'll be right back. I'm doctor Bob Martin, a number.
Speaker 7: Sign one never single day.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 2: We are speck dab in the middle of a marathon of answering health related questions and fielding health related comments, and you're invited to join.
Speaker 3: We'd love to have you call our toll free number.
Speaker 2: Should you have a health related question about yourself that you need advice, I'm here for you.
Speaker 3: I'll do my best to help you out.
Speaker 2: Or if you want to make a health related comment or lay a stroker down, meaning your commenting on uh, basically the host of the show doing a good job and that you like it. All of that can be had by you dialing in to our toll free number at eight hundred six zero six eight eight two two eight hundred six zero six eight eight two two or one eight hundred six zero six eighty eight twenty two to lay down your health related comment or your health question or your compliment of the host of the show, which I always take. All right, let's uh, let's get back to your phone calls once again. Next up is Mary Beth in Long Beach Island, New Jersey.
Speaker 9: My name is Mary, and I'm from Long Beach Island, New Jersey. I'm seventy eight years old and I have shingles. It's very painful. It's into my right eye, which is all swollen, and I was calling to find it out. If you could talk about the shingles and how long it lasts. It feels like your head like something squeeze and squeeze and squeezing, and it's very painful. I'm taking eye drops and medication and some cream. I wait to hear from you. Thank you.
Speaker 4: Very much.
Speaker 3: Okay, Mary Beth, thank you for your call.
Speaker 2: So sad to hear that you're suffering, and this is a bad one because that can be extremely painful to get shingles in the eye area. I'm glad to know that you're under the care of a doctor or maybe an ophthalmologist who can monitor this situation. I want to also point out that if you had a COVID shot in the past that could have generated this shingles problem that you have. It could have absolutely started this shingles problem. If you took a COVID shot or a flu shot. We start there.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: There are things you can do internally to help this out. One I'm gonna see that you use can see eye drops immediately. This is an anocetyl carnosine eye drop that will help give nutrition to the eye to help strengthen the eye in general and help protect the eye from the damage of the virus the herpe zhauster. It's canciydrops. You can find it at Wischoice Medicine dot com Wysechoice Medicine dot com. You're looking for canciidrops. The next thing you need to be doing is doing things to disarm the shingles virus. What is that well zinc about twenty five milligrams of zinc twice a day. Make sure you're taking in the antioxidants vitamin AC and D three. We love using elderberry against any kind of viral infection, particularly any herpes, whether herpies simplex one two, whatever, or shingles. Elderberry black elderberry liquid. About a tablespoon of that three times a day will shut down the rep location process within this o regan o' oil.
Speaker 3: You got to hit this with a kitchen sink.
Speaker 2: By the way, this is a very stealthy problem, and now that it's into your eye, you really need to pull out all the stops. A regan o oil maybe five or ten drops that under your tongue. You get all these in the health food store. Start eating more vegetables that are escrotic, which means they will help burn out these organisms, like.
Speaker 3: Garlic and onions.
Speaker 2: Be sure to avoid sugar that just helps the virus replicate because it disarms your immune system. Get off sugar. Don't drink alcohol, give up caffeine, stay away from fried foods. Don't even drink fruit juices because they're too sweet and will spike your blood shirt which pours out cortisol. It's inflammatory, not a good thing. So hopefully with the combination of the zinc, the eating of these escorotic vegetables and herbs, garlic, onions, vitamin D three, ac elderberry, oregan oil, you can help resolve this over time, and sometimes these shingles will last for weeks or months. The sooner you get started on this program, the faster you'll get better.
Speaker 3: Appreciate your phone call.
Speaker 2: Next up is Bill calling in from Concha, Arizona.
Speaker 7: Got mob.
Speaker 4: I'm calling about that cataract phone number. I missed it and yeah, I had a problem with that and I've been i to get rid of it. So my name is Phil and Concha, Arizona, and I listen to the phone umber on that sub subject that you're talking about cataracts.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Okay, yeah, you were the same thing you were hearing me talk about.
Speaker 3: Can see eye drops.
Speaker 2: And you can find though these are the ones that help reverse cataracts, the ones I just recommended to the previous caller to put in her eye to strengthen her eyes. She's got shink right, which is a very serious thing that can cause blindness. So you can find can see eye drops by Wise Choice Medicine by calling eight hundred eight six one four nine three six eight hundred eighty six one four nine three six. Again, thanks for the call. Next up is Kelly in Salem, Oregon.
Speaker 8: Yeah, my name is Kelly. I live in Salem, Oregon. And my question is I had a friend who couldn't drink coffee. He'd get really wired just from a cup of coffee. He should drink the tea whenever he drinking coffee, But the guy did smoke tons and tons of marijuana. I used to tease him like a wheelber of marijuani. All right, doctor Bob, you think what that?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 8: I think you're just a lightweight dude. You can't handle coffee. You just a lightweight dude.
Speaker 3: Oh. Kelly was having a good time with that call, and fine.
Speaker 2: You know you can call into the program with the comment too, commenting on a friend of his who couldn't drink I can't stand coffee either.
Speaker 3: Why I just I never drink it.
Speaker 2: I've only taken one swing of it and wired me up just with one swig. So I don't drink it, but I don't use marijuana either.
Speaker 3: At all.
Speaker 2: And he was making fun of his friend, which is fine. It's a comment. Thank you, Kelly for that. We'll be right back. I'm doctor Bob Martin. All right, it is time, ladies and gentlemen for this week's installment of the health Mystery of the Week. Well, going out with friends can help you live longer. Mysteriously as that sounds, going out and socializing with friends can help lead to a longer life. According to an aging expert, avoid loneliness as it accelerates the aging process. But loneliness can have the same negative impact as smoking. Revealed by Professor Sarah Harper, who is at the University of Oxford's First she's the first professor of gerontology, the study of aging. Frequently mixing with other people can reduce the rate at which we age, while loneliness is really bad for us, according to doctor Harper. She goes on to say, and I quote we can train ourselves to become resilient to aging by spending time with others close quote. Wow, So the key to slowing down the aging process is socializing and not being so lonely. As mysterious as that may sound, it's true. That's why it qualified as the Hell Heal Mystery of the week. Let's squeeze another phone call in before.
Speaker 3: The end of the hour.
Speaker 2: Here is Julie in Lake have A Sioux City, Arizona.
Speaker 4: Hi, doctor Bob.
Speaker 10: My name is Julie and I'm calling from Lake have Asioux City, Arizona. And my question to you is, the last twelve years, my A one C has climbed up a little by little each year. Now I'm not a diabetic, but I'm at the point where it's I want to say five point nine. I'm not a diabetic. My blood sugar is normal. Why is the A one C climbing up like that? My doctors can't answer me here, so I'm going to go, I think, to a functional medicine doctor. Anyway, That's my question. I look forward to you answering it. Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: We thank you for your call.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you're going to see a functional medicine doctor can actually address that problem and reverse it for you.
Speaker 3: And you're right, it's climbing up and it shouldn't climb up.
Speaker 2: Increase your at exercise, pay attention to the fast acting carbohydrates that you're eating. Don't drink fruit juice whatsoever. Zero fruit juice, obviously, no sweets, cutting way back on candy, ice cream, all the junk food and white flour. And if you will take a couple of supplements Julie and I'll name them, and you get these at health food stores, it will immediately help solve this problem, and hopefully the next test you get, the next A one C, you'll see a reduction. So control D that's number one, sou control D by Terry Naturally vitamins start on that.
Speaker 3: You can get that at the health food store.
Speaker 2: And also kyolic blood sugar balance, coyolic blood sugar balance and sue control D. Those two supplements, along with increasing your exercise and paying attention to high glycem again foods, should help that three month report card on the A one C. That's right all the time. Appreciate your phone call. Good health to you ladies and gentlemen. Stay healthy, be well. We'll talk next week. I'm doctor Bob Martin.
Speaker 3: Be well,