Speaker 1: It's seven oh six here at fifty five panacy E talk station. By the time, I was wishing everyone a happy Tuesday the extent you can make it happy. In studio, mister numbers man himself, Todd's endser. He's all over multiple topics here in the Tri State, and most ugly, it looks like a Shenanigan's declaration. That's my phrasing. That was gonna be talking about and breaking down the allegations against Greg Landsman about his stock purchases which he did not disclose, apparently pursuing to the Stocked Act. The Stock Acts stopped trading on Congressional Knowledge Act. Todd's good to have you in studio, man, it's good to see you again. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Brian, It's good to be back.
Speaker 1: And I will call this a Shenanigan's declaration. You're a little perturbed that Greg Landsman apparently trading uh in stocks notwithstanding what he's campaigning on. I know you're going to get to get to that, but I know it was reported in I guess the Washington Free Beacon or elsewhere that he's invested in some of the most profitable companies of all time while he campaigns against the very corporations that he has invested in, again without disclosing these transactions under the Stock Act. Let's talk about this first off, the Stock Act. What are the obligations under the Stock Act to disclose these financial transactions?
Speaker 2: Well, Brian, I was actually when I was working in DC, I had to follow the Stock Act because the Stock Act applies not only to Congress but members of the certain members of the executive Branch.
Speaker 1: A topic about which you have familiarity, of course.
Speaker 2: In fact, for the executive Branch, you had to report anytime somebody talked to you about a job like in the private sector. Oh really, yeah, you had to disclose that also, and you have to do it timely. The idea is to get this information to the public in a timely way. So for members of Congress, when they buy or sell shares of stock, they have thirty days. If they do it personally, they have thirty days to report it publicly on a form prescribed by the Ethics Committee.
Speaker 1: And you say, if they do that personally, meaning they personally ordered the trade, as opposed to having an independent investor.
Speaker 2: Right they called Charles Schwab, And they do with themselves. If somebody else does it. They have forty five days to report it, and no matter what, it should be reported in forty five days. Now, mister Landsman had transactions and he didn't disclose them for twenty months, not forty.
Speaker 1: Five days, and in much much of that period of time included the campaign time.
Speaker 2: Absolutely he disclosed finally disclosed in August, this past August, transactions that he had made dating back to his first couple of weeks in Congress, oh in twenty twenty three. And what happens is his violations are reviewed by the Ethics Committee for those specific infractions. And the Ethics Committee is an interesting body in and of itself. And there's a two hundred dollars penalty for failing to disclose timely. And if you take the transactions that mister Landsman failed to report timely, which were at least eighty seven, you multiply that by two hundred and you get almost eighteen thousand dollars. Now, the Ethics Committee has a habit or a practice of kind of forgiving a lot of this stuff. But the issue with mister Landsman is that there are circumstances that make it look like he willfully failed to comply with the app.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is the more intriguing element of it, and it's because of his campaign platform, his promises, and his his positions seemed to fly in the face of the very stock transactions that he's engaged in.
Speaker 2: Right, he invested in companies like Apple, Google, Adobe, Navidia, you know, some big, big time corporation. And the other thing he campaigns against is billionaires, and he claims that he's with us, not billionaires. Meanwhile, these companies he's investing in were founded by some of the wealthiest billionaires in the nation. So I just I just don't think that the voters should go to the polls without understanding what mister Landsman has done here. And I think that if the only opportunity you have to hold members of Congress accountable for their actions is during an election.
Speaker 1: Well, yes, and this is I think the way you would characterize it when we were off. He's not walking the walk. He's talking to talk being anti pharmaceutical and anti oil. But then again, those are some of the investments that you specifically point out on the complaint that he has investments in. That's correct and did not disclose.
Speaker 2: That's correct. And then you also have to add the element of the purpose of the Stock Act. The purpose of the Stock Act was a response to allegations of insider trading by various members of Congress, and the Stock Act was enacted in twenty twelve and it's been amended a couple of times since then. But the whole idea was to put in place a safeguard to discourage or to protect against members of Congress using confidential information that they pick up during their Congressional hearings or whatever the case may be, or briefings, to guard against them using that information to profit.
Speaker 1: Which is how many of them go to Washington poor or at least not multimillionaires, but then leave DC after any number of terms coming back multimillionaires. It happens all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's an unbelievable phenomen it is.
Speaker 1: It's just frightening. The corruption is just on full display right then and there. I mean, it's Republicans as Democrats, it's anybody in Congress has access to all this information.
Speaker 2: So you can't accuse mister Lambsman of insider trading, but he definitely defeated the safeguard that Congress has put in place to guard against insider trading and what.
Speaker 1: We call in the law the appearance of impropriety. They're supposed to hold themselves up to high standards, so it does not besmirch the name of Congress in the eyes of the people. And this is a factor that one would consider and whether he's doing that or not.
Speaker 2: That's correct. Now, if it had been one or two or three reports that he didn't file timely, that'd be a different story.
Speaker 1: But just sheer number.
Speaker 2: He's got eleven or twelve pages of transactions that he failed to disclose for practically his whole term.
Speaker 1: What's his explanation for this?
Speaker 2: The only well, he had two explanations. One came from a spokesperson. It wasn't really an explanation. It said, as soon as he learned of these transactions, he filed. Well, I'm not so sure about that.
Speaker 1: Now. Is it your assertion that he personally directed these trades or is this something that was done on his behalf by an investment company or a financial plan or advisor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't believe he personally made them. It's possible that his wife made them or his investment advisor. But the way the law is written, it doesn't really matter who made them see when he became a member of Congress, within sixty days, he was required to undergo or go through an ethics briefing. Right, the ethics briefing is going to cover all these topics, including the Stock Act. Well, during that sixty days, he's trading stocks left and right. He's got twenty five transactions during his first two during his first two months, and so we're supposed to believe that he sits through training. Here's about the Stock Act and his obligations, and it never occurs to him that, hey, maybe I should look into this and set up a protocol for my investors to tell me what's going on so I can comply with the Act. Mmm.
Speaker 1: Shenanigans will pause, We'll bring Todds and the back talking about some more of the details on these ops well questionable trades. After I mentioned Prestesi Interiors, Presties Interior has been improving the way families come together in the kitchen for more than thirty years. Kitchen that's where you come together for all of life's events big and small, like canning over the weekend. Again, another weekend of canning in the Thomas Kitchen, which was remodeled by pressed egon tiers. Of course, John Ryan helped us out many years ago. Just love what he did with our kitchen. It's the heart of the home and you want it done right. So that's what you get with John at Prestigianteririors. He works with you from the beginning to the end. He is a perfectionist to what he does, and of course the amazing job he's done in my kitchen, I can confidently recommend working with John. He's a real easy guy to work with. He's got wonderful ideas with his more than thirty years experience in kitchens. So big projects or small projects, you're in the best possible hand, So visit them online. That's Prestige one two three dot com. Prestige one two three dot com. Tellm Brian Saidhi, when you give him a call five one three two four seven zero two two nine five one three two four seven zero two two nine. This is fifty five krc an iHeartRadio station. Wonderful forecast we have here from Channel nine saying it's going to be a sunny day to day going up to seventy degrees overnight. He's forty seven with clear Sky's seventy two under sunny skys tomorrow clear again overnight down to forty nine and sunny on Thursday as well, with high of seventy two. It's like about forty eight nine degrees right now. If you about PARCD talk station, what's going on with traffic from the UCUT Trampi Center.
Speaker 3: Mamma Graham saved vibes called five one three five eight four pink dischedule ur annual mammogram. If you see Health Expert team, that's five one three five eight four pink Report of an accident sapbound seventy one near Dina with involving a box truck northbound fourth seventy one to over a five minute delay. Now from Grand into downtown sathbound seventy five break lights through Bachlan in bound seventy four. Slow's a bit approaching seventy five. Chuck Ingram up fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: To Shire seven nineteen to fifty five kr CD talk station. Brian Thomas with Todd's intern Studio talking about Craig Landsman and the Stock Act, which obligates members of Congress to if they trade themselves, to notify well the general public by filing a former than thirty days, or if they don't trade themselves, they got to let us know within forty five days. Well, how come it took Greg Landsman, what was it twenty months to unt twenty months to file these And it's significant number you said, eighty seven transactions. It's not just the number, it's that who he has invested in or with flies in the face of his campaign language about openness and being anti oil and greening new deal and all that crap, but also his ongoing class warfare attacks against those evil billionaires. Well, he's obviously has confidence in those evil billionaires as a mechanism to make money since he's invested in the evil billionaires companies. Yes, not a dumb thing. You want to make some money, that's where the money's to be made. So I'm happy that there are billionaires, that billionaires out there providing jobs as well as all I don't know, opportunities for us to expand our portfolio and make money ourselves off of their labor. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't think he's treating and voting public very very well with that type of a campaign, given his experience with the Stock Act.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, and do you know you'd mentioned that the Stock Act, of course, has been around for quite some time, but that has been amended several times, presumably through congress action. Yes, was he ever a vote, a vote in favor of or against any modification to the Stock Act while he was an elected capacity.
Speaker 2: No, But the way it works is at the beginning of every term, the House votes, all members of the House votes on the rules that the Congress is going to that the House is going to follow for that term, and that includes authorization or approval of the Office of Congressional Ethics, which is charged with receiving complaints about all of this material. So he has voted in favor of putting in place the Office of Congressional Ethics, but he hasn't had to vote on any provisions of the Ethics and Government Act or the Stock Act.
Speaker 1: Well, can he claim ignorance to the Stock Act? I know ignorance of the law has no excuse by going, you know, stab somebody, and I claim not to know that it's illegal to stab someone. That's not going to get me out of being charged with crime. And now it's not a criminal violation to violate the Stock Act. It's a civil penalty of two hundred dollars. Yes, it is.
Speaker 2: But Brian, the Ethics and Government Act, which sets up all the financial disclosure the Stock Act, is part of the Ethics and Government Act, and that does have some pretty serious penalties if you fail to file a wilfully. So I think that that is kind of the issue here is whether or not mister Landsman wilfully failed to file these reports in a timely way.
Speaker 1: Well, again, going with his campaign strategy and his attacks, it would behoove him to keep these types of trades on the down low, in other words, not report them, because it would obviously provide fodder for Orlando Sanza and for the voters to hold them accountable.
Speaker 2: And here we are, the first day of early voting and we're just starting to talk about this.
Speaker 1: Well, if he'd filed earlier than late August, I suppose we might have been talking about it at the time, huh, and more information would have gotten out. So todd, where are we in terms of I guess the idea of intentionally withholding the pivotal Men's ray a component is intent knowingly not providing this information pursued to the Stock Act. That's going to require some form of evidentiary hearing or due process on it. For Greg Landsman, he's going to have an opportunity to defend himself, I trust.
Speaker 2: Well, because of the circumstances, I thought it was serious enough to file a complaint with the Office of Congressional Ethics and that that's an interesting organization by itself, But their process is very complicated. They have Democrats and Republicans represented on the In the Office of Congressional Ethics, it's kind of an intake for complaints against members and somebody from each party has to approve or agree to look into a complaint. So right now they should be reviewing the complaint to see whether or not they want to take it further. And you know, politics gets involved in things like that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Now, is there precedent for members of Congress that have delayed in along these lines twenty months or so in not providing the Stock Act require not meeting the Stock Act requirements and what the Ethics Committee has done in the past.
Speaker 2: Well, there are there are a lot of members over the years that have failed to file timely. This past year or this filing season, there were only eight, so mister Lansman was one of eight. But I haven't really going back through and looking at some of the members who have been penalized for this, I haven't found anyone that had filed or failed to file eighty seven reports.
Speaker 1: Oh so it's the number. It's significant in number.
Speaker 2: It is significant. Well, let me give you an example when we Landsman, and this is another area where his excuse or his explanation doesn't hold water. In his campaign against Steve Shabbit, they criticized Steve Shabbit for failing to file one disclosure report. And in that case, it was a matter where a company that Shabbit invested in was acquired by another company, and so that required a transaction of mister Shabbit's shares from one corporation to another, and he didn't know about it, but they made a lot of hay about that during his campaign against Steve Shabbitt. So that was just one and there was a lot of even national media about that matter. Back in the case with Steve Shabbitt, there were only three that failed to disclose.
Speaker 1: Well, Todden, I note in your filing and you're notice to the Ethics Committee also brought up his history of circumventing public discs closure laws, going back to his time with the Gang of Five where he obviously violated the open meetings requirements.
Speaker 2: That's right, and in the business, prior occasions or prior circumstances like that definitely need to be taken into consideration when you're evaluating the current complaint. It's like having a record exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I thought it was important to point that out because you had a judge tell the Gang of Five that they should resign, and he.
Speaker 1: Ever whole public office again. Yeah, and so look what it got, Craig Landsman, I thought it was important to let the committee know about that well. And I appreciate your willingness to come into the morning show and let my listeners know all about this. I didn't. I wasn't aware of the details myself until you brought it to my attention. So you're doing the public of service. We need to evaluate our candidates, and you know, I can't let this go without putting in a word for Orlando Sonza. What I mean, a man of character and integrity, a man who should be just I mean, he wiped the I mean he'd kicked Greg Lansman's butt in that debate. He came across so much more clear on the issues and I think he even brought this particular matter up when he was debating on Channel five. Yes, he did well, taking to consideration Folk Orlandosanza dot com is the place to be and I know Orlando could really use some financial help as well. The Democrats are backing Landsman big. He has got a lot of campaign dollars, doesn't he not?
Speaker 2: Yes, he does.
Speaker 1: So you're going to see a lot of Greg Landsman because of he's got a lot of funding. But will he be talking about the Stock Act? Will he be talking about his failure to file and let you know about all of the evil companies that he's invested in, including those evil pharmaceutical and oil companies that he has a piece of that he's out criticizing. Uh huh. Luctions have consequences, folks, And there are people of character and then there are well Greg Lansman. Todd Zenzer, thank you so much for helping us out this morning and bringing this to everybody's attention by filing the ethics complaint. I'm glad you are on the job. Thank you, Brian my pleasure man. You're always welcome here in the Morning Show seven twenty seven fifty five kc DE Talk station and a phone call well worth making. Can you imagine a phone call, a no obligation phone call that could save you thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars annually and put you in a better place in terms of medical insurance. It's Cover, since he called the team at Cover. Since he again, it doesn't obligate you to do anything but kick back and let them analyze your medical insurance, what you've got, where you are in your life, your specific circumstances, and come up with the package of medical insurance. It's better than what you got for less money and dollar one coverage in many, many, many cases. Yes, you do not have to go out of pocket necessarily with Cover Sinsey. They're doing this every single day. Their team at Covers Sinsey will just take a very deep dive look in your insurance needs and come up with a better plan and it doesn't cost you anything. They work with hundreds of insurance companies and they have thousands of medical plans. You'd be amazed how much out there, which is you know, your average you know work for the company. Insurance guy doesn't know any think about the stuff that they do. They work for you, and they'll never sell your information or anything, so call them with confidence and again that phone call could be just a life changing reality for you. It's five one three eight hundred call five one three eight hundred two two five five to learn more. You can fill a form out online to get this process started and COVERSENCI dot com fifty five KRC. A Minute of Hope is brought to you by the Lender Center of Hope.