Speaker 1: And away we go real quick.
Speaker 2: Before we I introduced everybody, you can text us anytime at seven three seven three zero one ninety six hundred. Again, that's seven three seven three zero one ninety six hundred. I've got a funny text to read in just a moment regarding JB's purple wiener, which we talked about yesterday. Now, it's funny because purple wiener is just like we're saying it in passing now right, it's not normal. Yeah, it is normal, now right. My name is Sandy, this is JB. Hello, this is here too.
Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 2: Everybody can't be here for the full hour. Grab the podcast version of the show. Listeners sent us a text that said this was yesterday. I didn't see it until after the show. OMG. JB's purple Wiener situation makes me so glad. I am a female. JB injured himself in a bike or bicycle accident, has this incredible contusion around his waist that's now worked its way south.
Speaker 1: It's migrat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's you ever seen a virtual like a map that shows the spread of like COVID, like COVID or something. Yeah, that's what's happened on JB's body as a the ple and black and Blue has spread.
Speaker 3: Down south and like the site the psychology blob test, Yeah, like you guys have seen people they use the eggplant for the Wiener symbol on emojis.
Speaker 1: It's great. Yeah, I'm full on. JB is full on eggplant.
Speaker 2: So now that we got all JB's private business out there, yeah, you can text us at anytime. Seven three seven three zero one ninety six hundred. I got to tell you guys something funny, and I think churchall you'll have a lot to say this because because I bet you've been in a similar situation, maybe a little different, but similar. A buddy of mine's got a daughter. She's twenty six. She's very attractive, young lady. She's just kind of getting out there in the workforce and you know, has her first real job, let's put it that way, like career, you know. And it's great because I kind of really look up to him because he and his daughter, and I think JBU and your daughter too, they're really tight right there, Like they talk. And she came to and she said, man, my supervisor at work. I went to him with an issue about work, and his response to me has got me going because she went to him and he was like, and it was late in the day when she brought it up, and he goes, yeah, let's uh, let's grab a go let's go grab a beer and talk about it.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, my first gut take his bad move by management, right, yeah, don't do that.
Speaker 1: You settle that at work, right right.
Speaker 2: And then I'm immediate like, this guy is trying to score with the young hot girl right.
Speaker 1: Hitting on his younger hot employee. There's a lot wrong there. There's a lot wrong there.
Speaker 4: And back in the day when when I was in my twenties and working, did you ever like something happens to you when you're younger and then for some reason it's not till much much later in life that you'll go, oh.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, he was hitting on me.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, Like I've had a lot of those revelations as I've gotten older, and that is exactly what is happening to her.
Speaker 1: He's hitting on her. Yeah, and she But I can't believe.
Speaker 4: A guy, a male, older male, in a management position in this day and age, would take the chance of hitting on a younger employee like that, because I feel like today you get fired like that.
Speaker 1: Back when I was growing up, that was status quo. Yeah in the office, houchin Yeah.
Speaker 4: And getting hit on by a by a boss or an upper managed management person, and.
Speaker 2: You go back one more generation to your mom's generation. But we had to hear the story she has to.
Speaker 4: Tell, Oh, yeah, being literally chased around me right around the desk, literally chase around the desk, which.
Speaker 3: I don't mean to laugh, it's terrible, awful, But I'm just picturing like Madmen, the scene in Madman.
Speaker 1: That's totally doable.
Speaker 2: But as much time as people spend at work, it's a little unrealistic to think there's not going to have some sort of relationship spark up.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: But the problem is is he's her boss, he's her supervisor.
Speaker 1: I think that.
Speaker 4: I mean, find if they both were employees and he's taken her shot with her, his shot with her, okay whatever, Yeah, but he's in that position where I mean he could get fired like that.
Speaker 3: What do you think it's It's such a tough one because if it's a twenty five, twenty six year old young dude and he says, hey, let's go.
Speaker 1: Grab a beer after work. Yeah, yeah, you wouldn't think anything of it. Yeah, yeah, that's true. But this guy's it's a pretty tough one, mid forties.
Speaker 3: I'm giving I'm giving the guy the benefit of the doubt, although statistically you're probably right. He probably has bad intentions, right man, You want to give him the benefit of the doubt, like, because you wouldn't think anything if it was another dude, not at all.
Speaker 4: What I will say, I think the determining factor is if she got the eck.
Speaker 1: That's women's intuition.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if her gut thinks it's creepy, it's probably ceah. Yeah, she's got to lean lean into that. Trust her, trust her women's intuition.
Speaker 2: And I think overall, gut feelings are incredibly real and that we tell our daughter all the time. Listen to him, listen to that gut feeling and do it. I read it really cool. I've told her about this. J I don't think I of you, But this really interesting article about a guy that did a lot of research on on gut feelings.
Speaker 1: And he went and I'll give you one example of what he did.
Speaker 2: He went and talked to firefighters, and he talked to firefighters that had survived buildings that have collapsed, right, And he asked him, He said, what was it when you were inside the building that made you get out of the building just before it collapsed? Was it the temperature? Was it the way that the flames look? Did you see something in the structure of the building. And every single one of them said, no, I just knew, just yeah, just.
Speaker 1: It was time.
Speaker 2: Isn't that nuts? And that's your gut telling you. Yeah's in years of experience.
Speaker 4: You know, Yeah, I mean, and it applies in so many situations like when I mean stupid stuff like when like when we're gambling, like I should I knew I should have done that, or playing a game, you know what I mean, or but to try and make sure you hone in on it when you're out and potentially it could be danger you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, got to be aware of your gut talking to you. Right.
Speaker 2: So, I don't know what she's going to do about this guy. She did not agree to go have a beer with him, I know that. But maybe he'll take his clue as to that wasn't a cool thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that, you know, the older dudes need to be more conscious of this exact for this exact reason. Yeah, even if he has no ill intent or anything like that. You just have to be aware of a guy that might make them uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: Don't put yourself in harm's way, right, put yourself in a situation where you could be called out for doing something, especially in today's world. Right, you know, I mean back when your mom was getting chased around the desk.
Speaker 1: That's not a big deal. That's just the point it was, Redcat.
Speaker 2: It's the JB and Sandy Show on Austin's eighties station, What O three point one. Hey, if you want to win a thousand dollars, be listening at nine o'clock.
Speaker 1: That's your first chance today.
Speaker 2: It's coming up at nine on Austin's eighties station one oh three point one. Chris's got the story we love in just a moment. We've got an early heat wave coming. Chris has got the details. Mark twenty twenty five down as another baseball season where I didn't do what I wanted to do.
Speaker 1: With Longhorn Baseball, you didn't go to a game every year for twenty five years.
Speaker 2: I've said I'm going to go to a game before it gets too hot, before it gets and the season, miss the home season wrapped up on Sunday. The Longhorns lost to Florida on Sunday. Their last three remaining regular season games Thursday, Friday, and Saturday in Norman against Oklahoma, and then the SEC Tournament starts down in Alabama. Longhorns ranked number one in the country men's baseball. Man, I hope they make it to the College World Series because it's growing up in Omaha where the College World Series is. When Texas is at the World Series, the entire College World.
Speaker 1: Series is better. Really, they have more.
Speaker 2: They have that much stroke at the College World Series because the fans come and then Omaha always adopts a team like they never have. University of Nebraska's never going to play in the College World Series and you know, they just suck in baseball, and but it's always Texas when they're there.
Speaker 1: That's cool.
Speaker 2: So hopefully Texas will make it. And I'm going to tell you right now if they do, I'm going because I got place to stay.
Speaker 1: Your mom and dad exactly. Yeah, if you're going, I'm going.
Speaker 2: It was great to be when I was a kid. It's changed now, but it was great. My my mom or dad would drop me off. Me and my buddies off at the old Rosenblatt Stadium where the College World Series was played. Drop us off there at like ten o'clock in the morning, and then we would go to both games, and then they would pick us up at like ten thirty eleven o'clock at night. We just spent the entire it's awesome, entire day there because back then, one ticket got you in for both games. Oh right, for both games that day. Had a blast, and it's still cool. They've moved it to a fancy new ballpark, but it's still pretty fun.
Speaker 1: Did we go to that? We went, Yeah, we went one year at Willa Sherry. Well she was playing that.
Speaker 2: That's right, So go Longhorns and good luck against OEU this week The stories we love li Crup the Lefter Studio.
Speaker 1: Patrich, Real quick, real quick.
Speaker 2: If anybody listening has got a connection to NBC News, will you hit me up? I want to get Lester Holt to do one of those.
Speaker 4: I would freak out if Lester Holt introduced me.
Speaker 1: Yeah for my reporting.
Speaker 2: If anybody's got a connection at NBC News, hit me up, send me a text seven three seven three zero one ninety six hundred now let's talk about this hot weather.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so while it's May, for sure, it feels like it's at least August.
Speaker 1: Right. The weather is crazy coming up this week.
Speaker 4: The high today like high eighties, low nineties, and then starting tomorrow triple digits for the rest of the week. Sandy, I saw one forecast as high as one hundred and eight on Wednesday.
Speaker 3: Yikes, Yes, in May May, and it's just I mean, who didn't sit outside on Mother's Day?
Speaker 1: It's just perfect, oh, nice, beautiful. Yeah, yeah, north it was the high eighty one or something like that. It was just ideal. A few days later, just the wheels come on, I mean completely off.
Speaker 4: They're saying that the normally, the average first one hundred degree day, one hundred degree day doesn't fall until July, the beginning of July.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we're getting it right now.
Speaker 4: Another thing that they're saying is a bit of a problem is that our bodies haven't even had a chance to acclimate to this kind of heat, because normally it slowly gets warmer and warmer. So we're going from this really nice eighty one degrees to one hundred and eight. And he's saying that some people could have a lot of problems with this.
Speaker 3: Maybe your song is gonna if you're yeah, if you're if you're new you know, to Austin and you've moved here, don't complain about the heat. Yeah, I just don't want to hear it, right, don't cut, don't come here and just bitch about it. Like we all know it. It's gonna be hot. You know it's gonna be hot next summer too.
Speaker 4: This is an aggressive spot, to be honest, To be honest, this is a little bit of an aggressive hot kind of out of nowhere.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's every summer. Yeah, I mean it's yeah without fails.
Speaker 3: So like we just don't want to hear it, like to either take it, you take it and stride or you leave.
Speaker 2: You guys know the insurance commercial when you talk about turn it into your parents, don't turn it into your parents all that. I had that moment yesterday. I was driving down the road and I saw Lambs tires. I was like, I got to pull in there, make sure I got enough free on in my head, ac in my car.
Speaker 1: You are turning into your parents.
Speaker 2: So I called them and they're like, yeah, I bring it in, So I'm taking it in today to make sure. Now that's when it will go out, is when the first day it hits one hundred. It's like your conditioner knows, yeah, that it's going to make your life miserable.
Speaker 1: How old is your car to get free on? I mean every couple of years, don't you. I don't know. I don't know the cars are twenty sixteen. Yeah, I just never even think about the free on in my car.
Speaker 4: I think it's because they do it at oil changes right automatically.
Speaker 1: No, check it, No, they don't.
Speaker 2: It's I've had my free on runout in my in my old truck, and that's so it's one of those things like I'm just sensitive and very aware of it.
Speaker 1: It's like.
Speaker 2: I won't buy tires when I need them, but damn it, I'll get I put in there for sure.
Speaker 1: So so a.
Speaker 4: Little bit of good news is that this warmer weather is only going to last for about a week by the end of next week, and it should slide back out and then not only will we have cooler temperatures again, but apparently some rain is in the forecast. So I think we just have to hunker down for like a week and not step outside for fear of bursting into flame.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well we can handle it. The new people are going to struggle. They're gonna be like, WHOA expected mass. I think I'm going to struggle a little bit. Yeah, they're like I wouldn't like this when I came here for self.
Speaker 4: But I feel like you should research a city you're planning on moving to a little bit better.
Speaker 1: If the heat is going to shock you, Yeah, is it? Like is it always this hot? You're like, yeah, it.
Speaker 3: Is always not here, always it is, Bob, wait till you get in your car.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, you're gonna wish for this outside. Heybe the second you get in your car.
Speaker 2: I think of you almost all the time when I this time of year, when you put your visor up in your windshield, because you my friend years ago taught me how to put the circular ones away.
Speaker 1: How you taught me how to do that? Nobody that's never been JB taught me how to do it, and I've got it down now.
Speaker 3: It's an amazing invention. And once you figure it, Yes, it is. People struggle with those.
Speaker 4: I think when you taught him, he was like, look watch me fold this, and you couldn't get it for the first few times and then you did.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's just a luck of the draw.
Speaker 4: If you happen to turn your wrists the right way, it closes itself up.
Speaker 1: Otherwise it's just huge. JB taught me how to do it. You kind of grab it.
Speaker 2: It's funny two o'clock in, like seven o'clock off and you turn your two o'clock to the right and you're seven o'clock to the left and push it in. We should it here, But dude, it's just one of those things.
Speaker 1: Do you ever have that?
Speaker 2: And like, every time you do something, you think of someone. Every time I do it, I think of JB. Because we stood in the punking lot of the radio station, and you know, he saw me struggling with it.
Speaker 1: He goes, dude, let me show you how to do this, because he saw me fighting with it and you just trying to watt it up and line it like you normally do things. And he was like, just be gentle, Sandy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I can just picture you out there rest getting all frustrated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just so mad. It's like, why didn't I buy the flat one that folds up? Why didn't I get the round one? Those are a key though. They're worth every penny. I don't how much pay for it, but I've got one. They're great.
Speaker 4: I feel like you also told a story that you thought you had it all wound up and oh yeah, and you were driving.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I thought I had it all wrapped up, you know. And it's a little thing, and it's and I've driven. I've been driving for about three three minutes and the sun of bitch came open in the car. It scared the crap out of me. I pulled over, got it. I went to two o'clock. At seven o'clock, did it again.
Speaker 1: We would have pulled over and thrown it in the trash. So those things are worth it. Get them if you don't have one.