Speaker 1: Uh, Sid and Friends in the Morning, entertaining and informative on the Red Apple podcast Network.
Speaker 2: In the case of Sid, you know, Sid is an entertainer first and foremost, but he's developed such a massive audience that he's been able to become this political power broker, the likes of which I don't think anyone ever anticipated. And because there's not really a morning show at least on AM that has his kind of listenership and his kind of depth, he has the kind of influence politically that I don't even know if Bob Grant had.
Speaker 3: Believe the NYPD when they put forward their numbers, what we're seeing are some of the lowest numbers that New York City has seen in recorded history, especially when it comes to murders and shootings. He's the lowest we've ever seen. And what I think is important to know is a lot of the increase in rape also comes from an expanded definition of what counts as rape, as well as survivors coming forward for acts that took place years prior.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, he's the host of Life Liberty Levin.
Speaker 5: I call him the great one, Mark Levin.
Speaker 4: I just want to add one thing to what Lucas was saying, you know what, I do believe there is a group that Steve Wikoff and Jared and others are talking to. The problem is is you got the hardliners and the former loyalists to the old regime. I think it might be time for them to say goodbye. Now, I know we're not allowed to do that, but you know what other countries are, and I think that it might be time for that.
Speaker 5: But I'd love your thoughts, Mark.
Speaker 6: My thoughts haven't changed for months. Pound the hell out of them until you pound them into submission. No more negotiations. It's our way or the highway. That's the way it works. Use all available options, including arming the Iranian people. That's my view. And as for Lindsay Graham, Lindsay Graham was a remarkable statesman, a remarkable leader. He had one hundred senators. He was a standout among a hundred. And why was he a standout? He was funny, he had a great personality, and all that is true. He was a character. But he was a principled man. And I resent when people call him a warmonger. What's a warmonger? This is a man who saw our allies under attack, and he came to the defense of our allies. He saw innocent people who wanted liberation, and he came to the defense of innocent people who wanted liberation. That's why he is loved by the Persian people. He is loved by the Israeli people, he is loved by the Ukrainian people, and he's loved by the Taiwanese people. Because all those countries have had to deal with tyrants, fascist, communists, Islamists, one evil after another, and Lindsay wasn't afraid to speak out on their behalf. He wasn't afraid to travel all over the world, over and over and over again to meet their leaders. And so he was a unique man. And he and I agreed on a lot, not everything, but almost everything.
Speaker 7: For three days, I've been talking to Palestinians in their homes and villages about the daily injustices they face under occupation.
Speaker 8: The blood you see, the bloods do that?
Speaker 7: Oh my gosh. As a congressman, I never expected to be the target of settler violence. Ly, when we visited a school in Zenudah village that settlers had burned down, we were detained by settlers wielding M four guns who blocked our van from leaving the site. Lion, they called additional settlers for support. Lyon held us captive for seventy five minutes, recording videos laughing at us, Lion, mocking me and my staff.
Speaker 9: I would never forget their faces, Lion.
Speaker 7: What angered me most is that the IDF soldiers who came to the scene supported the violent settlersly for American citizens, Liar, here's the question. If the settlers and IDF could do this to an American congressman, imagine what life is like for an ordinary Palestinian under Israel's occupation. Sure, I've never felt more powerless in my.
Speaker 8: Whole life, Lion.
Speaker 7: For decades, American politicians have made the track to Tel Aviv while not taking the time.
Speaker 9: To cross over and hear from.
Speaker 7: Palestinians about the actual facts on the ground.
Speaker 10: Lion, speak that word for Palestinian and it's like.
Speaker 11: She was a sleeper and animal.
Speaker 5: You are most killed. The Palastinian animals.
Speaker 12: Are keep We never forgot him, We keep thinking about him. His room still still, his room is still likely he left.
Speaker 7: Many Palestinians are desperate to be seen, to be heard, and to live with dignantity.
Speaker 5: Sometime in the social media say that's not that's violence because what happened from October. No, my ankle helps to remain father of it killed.
Speaker 13: I have met many of European Parliament members, but this is the first time that I do it for an American member.
Speaker 14: It's really the first time Congressman that comes to Witsaho.
Speaker 7: I'll be posting their stories throughout the next few weeks. Sure, because it is time that Palestinians have full equal rights in their.
Speaker 15: Own without without since the Congressman should come and see the basic free stuff that we want.
Speaker 12: We want our land, we want water, and we want the freedom of movement.
Speaker 5: They want to kill you in the land.
Speaker 7: Water, freedom of movement is as simple as thank you, thank you.
Speaker 10: I kind of said, the only reason our lives were saved is because of the excellent work of the American embassy.
Speaker 5: You think Rocana was going to be killed by the id F.
Speaker 13: That's that's absurd, it's ridiculous. And here are some facts that maybe Rocanna doesn't want us to tell you. First of all, he did not let us know he was coming. Most of the time a member of Congress, if they're coming to the country, they coordinate with us. They let us know they're coming, we make sure that there is security. He didn't want our assistance because he came at the invitation and under the guide of this very pro Palestinian activist who is known for regularly trying to take people into provocative situations in Judea and Samaria, in this case an area see which is Israeli controlled. A lot of people don't understand that. So he goes to a place that is a CMZ, which means a civilian military zone. It is forbidden for people to just show up. It's like I can't go to a US air base just walk in and say, hey, I'd like to look around. I can't go to Rocana's office in Washington and just pop in and say I'd like to just, you know, nose around.
Speaker 16: Is foullowing a lawsuit ledging a conspiracy to suppress critics of Israel. Khalil's civil rights lawsuits against the federal government and several private groups. He gained attention as a spokesperson and leader for student activists protesting against Israel and its actions in Gaza. At Columbia University, he was arrested by ICE agents in his campus apartment in March twenty twenty five and spend more than one hundred days in a Louisiana immigration jail, missing the birth of his first child before a federal judge in New Jersey or to his release.
Speaker 15: I don't want anyone to go through what I've been through right now, because if they can't target someone for the pro Palestine speech, deport target anyone in this country, whether they support Palestine or not.
Speaker 16: Deep pursuit comes as Khalil's ongoing deportation case appears likely to be heard before the Supreme Court.
Speaker 8: Big Hello to Arizona.
Speaker 17: There's an incredibly important election coming up in your state on Tuesday, July twenty first, and I'm asking you to go out and vote for Jay Feeley, a friend of mine and a great athlete, direct present Arizona's first congressional district. Jay's a true American, first Conservative and a natural board leader. He was elected team captain on three different NFL teams. That's pretty good. Jays a winner and he knows how to win. He's going to win, and he's going to be great for the people of Arizona.
Speaker 8: Jay will vote.
Speaker 17: To cut your taxes, slash regulations, bring down the cost of living and forge the greatest economy in the history.
Speaker 8: Of the world.
Speaker 17: We are doing better now than we have ever done in history. We have nineteen point two trillion dollars coming in. That's sixteen trillion dollars more than ever before, and it's really special.
Speaker 8: And Jay is going to help us keep it going.
Speaker 17: So go out and vote to keep our southern border secure, protect law and order, strengthen our military, defend our veterans. And he will also help you support what we call the Save America Act.
Speaker 8: We have to get it enacted.
Speaker 17: He also has my complete and total endorsement without reservation. So go out and vote for j Philly, the next Congressman from Arizona's first congressional district on July twenty first.
Speaker 8: Thank you forty eight for Fielly the winner.
Speaker 9: We'll spu to all.
Speaker 18: We just got work from the Department of Social Services that a family shelter in our district on Emmon's Avenue consisting of men, women, and children, will be imminently converted into an all adult, single male shelter. Not only is this decision inhumane and inconsiderate to the families who have already integrated into the Sheeps of Bay community. This decision will have devastating and profound impacts on our neighborhood. The males moving in are not going to be vetted, which means we could have We could have sex offenders across the street from lou Fiddler Park, where children often visit a playground. Further, the provider for the shelter is Brags Brags. Senior executives are under a federal indictment for fraud and bribery, and yet Mam Donnie still gave them a two hundred million dollar contract including this location. I'm Donnie could not care less about these families. Mam Donnie could not care less about our neighborhoods and our quality of life. And I have to wonder if this is a deliberate attempt to punish those neighborhoods who did not vote for him and who do not support this administration. I am currently working around the clock to do everything.
Speaker 5: I can to try and prevent this from happening.
Speaker 18: I'm in touch with the local elected official, the Assemblyman, Common Yeger, the Senator Samsa, and we're working together. We are in touch with the Department of Home.
Speaker 19: Services Social Services.
Speaker 18: I have reached out to controller Mark Levine. We are working different angles. We're thinking of legal avenues to stop it, and I will keep you posted on every single step of away. Thank you so much.
Speaker 5: That was Ina Wernikov, and she wasn't crying. She's actually one thousand percent right. I love Na I do. She's one of the five Republican city council members, five out of fifty one. We've been over this a million times. We did have another Republican council member, Vicki Palladino, on the show yesterday, and we're all going to have Frank Marno back on the show today. The other two happened to be David Carr out of Staten Island and Joanne Ariola out of my neighborhood. She's my counsel lady. In fact, the girl, the lady that is the campaign. I guess cheap of staff is what she is for. Joanne Ariola Phyllis in Sorillo. She's going to be on the show today. You remember knowing you played yesterday the lady. The quotes from the lady who was very upset about people stealing religious statues off the lawn in Howard Beach that happened to be Phyllis. Remember I thought it was Joanne. I asked you that question, right, that was Phyllis. She'll join us today, so Ino one of just five Republican Council members, and she's fantastic. She's got a huge future. Maybe Ena runs against AOC for that Senate seat that I believe Chuck Schuml will a Kate, you ain't gonna run again. Maybe she run for something else.
Speaker 11: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I do think that our Republican people in the Council, all of them have so much talent. Acts out of Joanne. Joanne's actually leaving, she's timed out. But the other four Morono, Carr, Palladino, and Vernikov, I see big things for them, big things in the political futures. And I do think Ena is one of them. And she was complaining in that video, and she's right about this shelter that I guess they're building or about to use in my old neighborhood. She said, Baby Brooklyn Emmons Avenue, the home of Captain Walters and all those great places, and sheep said bay, and they're about to store all these unvetted single mails, many of which may have who knows what sex offenses, murder, rape, who knows they're not going to be vetted? And Ina, as the counsel lady for that district, standing up with the great people of Sheep said, Bay is upset and furious, and she's right, and she goes out to point out that I guess the company that's in charge of this somehow got a couple one hundred million from the mayor Mamdani, even though that specific company is being investigated. So you explained to me, noaem, how the mayor is okay giving hundreds of millions of dollars to a company I guess that's under fraud investigation. Who's going to make possibly make I should say this shelter in Sheep said, Bay actually happen. How does the mayor do that?
Speaker 20: Well, there's a lot of questions here with this shelter.
Speaker 1: I mean, initially they had told people in the neighborhood that might be families and it's not even clear who one hundred percent who's in there now, but they'd have to move them out for these men. And like you said, yeah, we don't even know what these crimes are, what crimes they may have committed, these unvetted men. We don't know anything about them, and you're going to move them into a neighborhood where they'd be right across the street from a park. So none of it makes sense.
Speaker 5: It really doesn't. Lou Fittler Park, I think is a park that's right, and little kids play in that park all the time. So I'm think, you know, verner Kov is doing a very very good job there. But the mayor he's going to come on the fire again on this show today. So obviously, if you think Mayor Mom Donnie is doing a good job and you like him, you should be put in prison. But if you do, you're not going to like this show on any day, but specifically this day, you ain't gonna like it because you got werner Kov out there pushing back against the mayor who wants to put potential criminals in Sheep said, Bay, you've got both Julie Menin and Frank Morano pushing back against the mayor with his definition of rape. You heard that, gnome right, that was and that's nuts. That is nuts. How my god, how insensitive is this mayor that he has redefined rape to make it okay for him? Clearly not caring even a little about the victims, just so as crime numbers could be good. How to hear time and time again that shootings or at an all time low, murderers at an all time low. The city has never been safer. If you really believe, and this is no shot at my dear friend, Jessica Tish. If you really believe that this city has never been safer, you're somewhere between naive and stupid and closer to the ladder. This city's not safe. Shootings aren't down, murders are down, but every other major crime is up. And last I checked, married to a beautiful woman and the father of a beautiful young daughter. Rape is kind of a serious crime, wouldn't you agree on Yeah?
Speaker 1: And then with the mayor trying to redefine what constitutes a sexual assault was really hard to watch.
Speaker 20: I was like, you gotta be kidding me.
Speaker 5: He wasn't kidding you. And that's how he feels. He doesn't care about the victims. All he cares about is the numbers. The numbers point to the mayor doing an unbelievable job. So Lewis, let's play this again. This was Mam Donnie a couple days ago, and I'm very happy that Julie Menin, who is gaining more points with me by the week. She really is. She fired back at the Mayor over his redefining of the word rape. But this is Mam Donnie addressing Julie Mennin's concerns. Two days ago. Lewis cut number one.
Speaker 3: Believe the NYPD when they put forward their numbers, what we're seeing are some of the lowest numbers that New York City has seen in recorded history, especially when it comes to murders and shootings. He's the lowest we've ever seen. And what I think is important to know is a lot of the increase in rape also comes from an expanded definition of what counts as rape, as well as survivors coming forward for acts that took place years prior. And we are thankful for them coming forward, the courage and the bravery it takes. But just to provide New Yorkers with that context. And I'm proud that in working with Commissioner tissue is.
Speaker 5: So According to him, it's the word rape has to be redefined because people come out from years prior and it's not as bad because their cases are old. What what exactly did he say.
Speaker 20: I don't know, but an unwanted attack is an unwanted attack.
Speaker 5: Anyway you look at it, right, anyway you look at it. So this creep, he's such a creep. This mom Donnie has now redefine rape. Also, I know that Julie menin the city council speaker has talked about this. How do you say this? Romansh this new law about the horse drawn carriages.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's named after the teenage victim from India, the tourist who was on that horse and buggy last month that the horse just went crazy and the carriage overturning killed him.
Speaker 20: He was eighteen years old. So they've named this bill rock Rokman, I think is how he says his name.
Speaker 5: How do you say it?
Speaker 20: I think it's Roman.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Okay, here's Julie Men and Lewis. This is yesterday announcing her support now for Ropeman's law, which is not going to make the unions happy. You're not going to make the people in Central Park happy because they make a lot of money, a lot of money on these horse drawn carriages. But I guess seeing dead horses laying in the middle of the street and this kid getting killed. I guess some of these local officials have seen enough. This is Julie menin cut number two. Look, when I.
Speaker 21: First became speaker, I knew I would have to make some difficult decisions, that doing the right thing would sometimes mean taking a stand when it wasn't always straightforward. I'm addressing you today from one of the most iconic locations in the world, New York's Central Park, during exactly one of those moments. Earlier this year, eighteen year old Romans Mahajan was killed after he was thrown from a horse drawn carriage. He was visiting New York from India to celebrate his high school graduation. Romanch's death was heartbreaking and infuriating, and sadly it was preventable. The day has come for our city to begin the transition away from horse drawn carriages as a tourist attraction in Central Park, for the safety of our residents, the safety of visitors from all across the globe, and the safety of the animals here at home. That is why I'm announcing my support today for the legislation currently before the New York City Council to ban or strong carriages. At the same time, the path forward must involve and protect workers who operate these carriages, and I'm actively working on a plan to guarantee them quality employment opportunities in the hospitality industry.
Speaker 5: It is also vital that we.
Speaker 21: Ensure a safe and humane transition for the beloved horses that made this industry possible in the first place. I have no doubt that I'm working closely with the advocates that we can do just that. Today, I really wanted to make my position clear. It's time to usher Central Park into a new, safer chapter in its long story. That is a work the City Council is committed to, and that is what I'm committed to as Speaker of the New York City Council.
Speaker 5: All Right, I disagree. I think the horse drawn carriages are fine. I'm out out there, of course, every day, trying to save federal cats on the street. I'm not out there with Jill Vitally yelling and screaming about the turtles dying from straws in the water. I get all that I love animals, about dogs my whole life. I don't love all animals. I hate cats, hate them. But I'm not that guy. So I think the horse drawn carriages are great. I think people enjoy them. I think it's a lot of revenue for our city, a city that is broke with a mayor that's making it worse and a governor making it worse as well. So I don't have a big issue with it. You might, though, know them because you're one of those liberal pussies.
Speaker 20: You know these workers.
Speaker 1: I don't believe the city council will find these workers new jobs there You imagine they you rip a ray their livelihood. This is all some of these people, This is all they've done their entire career.
Speaker 5: Now they're one hundred percent right. I know Julie Mennon means well, and maybe she intends to do what she says. It's never gonna happen. No, a lot of these people are going to be out of work, bottom line, And.
Speaker 20: It's a lot of people.
Speaker 1: It's not just the people who drive the horses, it's the people who take care of the horse is overnight and where you know, when they're brought back to the West Side. There's a fair amount of people involved in this industry. All those people will lose, the people who own the horse and carriages, the people own the horses all those people are gonna lose their livelihood. You're gonna find those people jobs that pay them just as well as their money they're making. Now, I don't buy it. And by the way, neither there's the union. Union says they don't believe that the city they want. They want details like what jobs you're gonna find them, how much? Just gonna put the name of that guy. He's in charge of that union. He came in here when Ma'm donald was running god and I scared the hell out of them. Actually I don't remember was head of a popular guy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know. But at any rate, you know, yesterday Vicky Palladino's on the show and she's talking about no more fish as awards at the carnival. Come on, even she lamped, there's got to be more important stuff than this getting carn up in nonsense like this, no fish as gifts at the carnival. I mean, that's a big deal for you know.
Speaker 20: No goldfish.
Speaker 1: But you know, remember that game where you try to take the ping pong ball and you try to get it into one of those lettle fish balls, and you do you never take it home?
Speaker 20: Yeah, yeah, but of course they would die like two days.
Speaker 5: They always died right away.
Speaker 1: Just the trauma being hit by ping pong balls was enough to kill the goldfish. Look, she's an animal lover, so she wants to protect animals. I got nothing against that.
Speaker 5: Is she really or she just doing upper constituents. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Pick wi animal may I guess she's an animal lover. If you think if you're worried about goldfish, here animal.
Speaker 5: I don't think she's worried about it. I think it just may work out well for her with her people. I don't know. I mean, I don't know. Best of luck with all. That is all I can say. Sully Sullenberger. We all remember the brave and courageous pilot Sully Sullenberger who landed that plane on the Hudson River. Have no idea how we did it, and nobody died that day. And now it turns out that Sully has almost much like Bill Ritter, who's going to be inducted into the Broadcasting Hall of Fame the same day. I am, that's right me. Bill Ritterer goes at of Scatto and four other people. There's other names that have come up recently that are suffering from the same thing, but this one with Sully Sullenberger. Nome looks to be very sad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, he said just over the last months and maybe a year, maybe more, he started to realize he was forgetting things in a way that wasn't right, not just getting older. And so we went in and he was diagnosed, and he said he's coming forward in the same way that Bill Ridder and then Danny Glover. Right, he had the time same Alzheimer's diagnosis, because he hopes it will inspire people to do more research to figure out what brings on Alzheimer's and find a cure for it, because there's no cure for it.
Speaker 5: Paulk Levin will join us today, the great one. I get as excited as I did with Trump, well, like I did with Boebe a couple of days ago, when Mark Levin is on this show. That's how much respect I've got. But Mark, look well, very very close. We talked every day every day. Levin and I text each other, and he is a great fighter and a brilliant guy. And you heard him with Seawan Hannity in the open doing a piece on Hannity's TV show about who he gets angry when people referred to Lindsay Graham, the late great Lindsay Graham, as a warmonger, And I agree with Levin, what do you mean warmonger? If somebody bombs Israel, they're gonna fight back. If somebody bombs Ukraine, they're gonna fight back. That makes you a warmonger. I've never heard Lindsay Graham say go into some place where there's no conflict and just bomb him. I never heard him say that. So my friend Aaron Mollin, who I love and respect, young lady out of Australia, who's got a huge following here in the United States. She really does. We did an event together for the MJE a couple of months ago, me her and James Maslow and Bruce Pearl and a host of brothers. Emily Austin, my daughter was there too. Turns out that Aaron mulan agrees with me and Mark Levin. Excuse me, Aaron Moulin, Lewis this is Aaron Moulin cut number eight.
Speaker 22: The other point I wanted to touch on Lindsey Graham, and of course we've seen the most vile, disgusting celebrations of his death from those particularly in America, who hate America because you cannot celebrate the death of someone who has dedicated their life to serving that country. Whether you agree with everything they say or do or not, you cannot celebrate it. If you love your country, it's impossible. They hate their country.
Speaker 23: They hate it.
Speaker 22: And the other point I want to make is this kind of it's lazy where people say Lindsay Graham he was a war maker, such a warmonger, he loved war. He was or this or that, or always desperate for conflict b s. That is not true on any level.
Speaker 5: He was not a warmonger.
Speaker 22: He just understood the enemy. That's it. He understands that with some regimes, diplomacy does not work completely ineffective. Weakness will be your downfall. That's what he understood. He didn't crave war. He wasn't out there championing conflict just for the sake of it. He stood behind armed conflict when it was necessary, when it mattered, when the enemy was incapable of diplomacy. That's it. That doesn't make him a warmonger. That stuff is crazy.
Speaker 5: I don't even know what he said. In this level of action. They gotta be honest. I did love that Australian accent. But she's right about the late great Lindsey Graham. That was well, it's all over the internet still. Every couple of seconds, somebody else pops up talks about Lindsey Graham as if they knew him. They don't. So it is sad the way the media and the politicians have treated him. And there seems to be a really good war brewing right now. And tried to get him both on today but neither responded. Between our guy, the King of Rock and County, mister Salt, the Great Mike Lawler, and Nancy Mace. Well, Nancy Mace was supposed to be on two days ago, but I ran out of time. Then she said you would come on yesterday, but she never called. She texted me about four hours later yesterday afternoon to apologize. But I guess after Lindsey Graham died, Nancy Mace puts on Twitter, you know the scene from God Fathered, iie when al Pacino's like, just when I thought I was out, they dragged me back in, you know that scene blew and no, So I guess she was trying to imply that Trump was somebody else was gonna drag her back in because she just got her ass kicked in the gubernatorial primary. Trump actually endorsed somebody else. I guess she was trying to imply that Trump or somebody wanted her to come back in and maybe take over that Graham seat. But no one said that. Nobody, And Lawler said, how pathetic is it that you're actually kind of celebrating the death of Lindsey Graham because you're looking at as a possible opportunity. And it got really nasty between Mike Lawler and Nancy Mace. But again, neither one, at least at this point, has agreed to come out and talk about it. They will eventually, and I mean eventually, I mean this week. But have you seen the ugliness?
Speaker 23: No?
Speaker 20: Yeah, I did.
Speaker 1: I feel like there was another dust up between the two of them, right, this may not be the first time.
Speaker 5: Probably not. I mean Nancy, And you know, I said, I get along with Nancy. All you hear about is how crazy she is. She's nuts. And I've always got a good relationship with Nancy, I really have. But with that said, she seems to have these dust ups with other members of Congress and politicians in general and media all those types of people relatively often, I would say about Nancy Mays, so I'm not surprised to see this. But you know, Lawler, he ain't gonna back down. Mike's very very tough. Nancy, she's kno going to back down. So this one Lawler and Mace could turn out to be a battle royale better than the Connor McGregor fight. I'll tell you not.
Speaker 11: What was that?
Speaker 5: What did he last five seconds?
Speaker 20: It was about forty seconds.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's like me on a Saturday night. Come on, Connor. What happened?
Speaker 20: Well, it looked like I was watching the fight.
Speaker 1: It looked like he went to do this kick and the way he fell on his he's the right or left leg, you could see right away that something had happened. And then he fell like two more or three more times, and his opponent final he said, I don't want to beat the living day lights side of this guy.
Speaker 20: He's clearly injured. So they called the fight right then and there.
Speaker 5: I mean the guy he was fighting actually felt bad.
Speaker 1: Yes, well, initially he just pounded him and then he could see that he he was he couldn't stand, and so he kind of looked at the ref and the ref is like, oh, yeah, I better call this thing, and then you know something happened where he either pulled something on his way into the ring.
Speaker 20: Well, I guess essentially you do pay for it.
Speaker 1: All the UFC fights have now moved to paramount, so you pay whatever it is a month for paramount.
Speaker 5: I don't say poaramount also had nobody watches it anymore. But the Kevin Costner show out there in the in Montana, what do you call that a yellowstone? Yes, yes, but I don't know what else is on paramount now that would attract people. But they get all the UFC fights, so you do have to pay for that, right, Well, what's money did Connor McGregor make.
Speaker 20: I'm sure he got a good payday. I don't know how much.
Speaker 1: Probably a ton, Yeah, you would think, so, what a disappointment though they don't pay Dana White does not pay those UFC fighters much.
Speaker 5: No, some of those guys make nothing.
Speaker 1: Yeah they got I mean yeah, I mean it's not boxing. These guys are getting read No, they're like half for tarded by the age of twenty five. Some of them are even more than a half for tarded. And yeah, they barely pay him.
Speaker 5: I know Dana doesn't. Dana's like Howard Stern. Did you see the Howard Stern story that we laid off like almost all of his stamp I know Sal and Richard are safe, but Stern laid off a whole bunch of his employees yesterday the day before. And now this is unreal. Now he's announced because he's on vacation. I know he goes then the Hampton's with his lovely white Beth and they have dinner with horrible people like George Stepanopolis. So when he gets back Howard Stern media announcement yesterday, that is gonna do us all a big favor. Thank you, Howard, thank you so much. He's actually gonna work one day a week, wow, one And he makes a lot of money. Still not the billions or hundreds of millions, but he's still a seven figure guy. Seven figures. He's going to work one day a week, the unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, I guess he looked at John Stewart over on Comedy Central and he's like, look, that's a good gigib Well, John does the same thing right, Yeah, Monday, Monday nights. That's it and it probably makes an enormous sum to do that.
Speaker 5: Oh he's also a seven figure guy.
Speaker 20: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Could you imagine we pay people in this country in entertainment seven figure salaries to work once a week. Once a week. I mean, we're your five days a week, and you know you're here at the ungodly hour. Me and lewis ungodly hour. Justin ungodly hour. Some days we're here till you guys at least to hear at the very least till one o'clock in the afternoon. There are days I'm here doing interviews and stuff even later than that. And there are guys making seven figures working one day a week.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, they're not working for nonprofits, so clearly they can command that money because the networks are making that kind of money.
Speaker 5: I don't think so, I don't think why would we keep them on? I don't know. Maybe they just feel indebted to Howard.
Speaker 1: Business model doesn't say, hey, we get I think it's the subscriber bases there.
Speaker 20: The commercial spots are still there.
Speaker 5: But I've read I've read that he's lost so many of those.
Speaker 1: He may have, he may have, but he still clearly has enough that they want to pay him to do one day a week.
Speaker 5: Not yes, I mean I remember the Knicks did a really nice contract for Patrick Ewing at the end it was basically thank you before they traded him to Orlando. Maybe melt Carmomel is out of there anyway, right, yeah, long, long gone. All right, So the the second half of the baseball season starts tomorrow. The Mets, believe it or not, are the only team in Major League Baseball to play tomorrow. They start off the second half against the Philadelphia Phillies. The Yankees, who won their last four games before the break. They start their second half on Friday. So yesterday a Rod caught up with New York Mets Superstar one Soda before the All Star Game, which the al One Ford and nothing nobody cares but local Cody Bellinger from the Yankees did win the All Star Game MVP, so the Yankees one of their players gets the All Star Game hardware. But it was Soto with a Rod talking about the Mets in the second half and why Met bands like Lisa Gangi and Joe Bningo and the rest of us should be confident that the Mets will actually make a second half run. So I watched the video with a Rod and Juan Soto and I couldn't figure it out. Maybe you guys can. This is a cut number fourteen Lewis Juan Soto on what's going to be a resurgent New York Met team in the second half.
Speaker 24: What is it that you need to do for New York for the Mets to implement your leadership skills and get this team going?
Speaker 14: Like I know you will.
Speaker 24: I mean for me, I will say, I've been trying everything that I can, you know, to help my guys to get them going.
Speaker 5: Definitely, you know I'm a different guy.
Speaker 24: I won't be bocal, I won't be pushing, I won't be yelling and everybody but I I'll be the guy that whenever you need me, whenever you need an advice or something that I've been going through, or if I need to step in, I will do it. And that's one of the things I've been trying to do. You know, whenever my guys need me, I'll be there for them. I always put my shirts in front of them, you know, to help them, you know, to get back to what they what they are, what they could be.
Speaker 5: And definitely, I know how hard it is New York you know.
Speaker 24: And I have teams that have been that came in for the first time and they've been feeling the same way, you know, and we've been trying to help them to get back to what they are.
Speaker 5: Matt's are seventeen games under five hundred. They start the second half, and again they've already played ninety seven baseball games. It's not the halfway point, it's further. There's only for the match sixty five games to go. But they're forty and fifty seven dead last, almost twenty back inside the NL East. But Juan Soto trying to provide hope for the metfan. You know, I saw Adam Shine. He used to work with me and Louis. We know Adam very very well over at W Bayn. He has worked many years now for Christopher mad Dog Russo on Dog's channel, mad Dog Unleashed on Serious Exam. Nice kid, nice young Jewish kid from Rocklin County, and he loves his sports, and he's done CBS television and again W BAYN and Dog's channels. So he's got a pretty good resume for a young guy. And somehow Adam Shine was able to catch up with Derek Jeter, so we did a met second half preview with Juan Soto. Shine asked the great Yankee shortstop, specifically about the young shortstop of the Yankees right now, Anthony Volpi. So this is Adam Shine with Derek Jeter on Volpie, who Brian Cashman seems to think is the shortstop of the future for the Yanks. This Lewis is cutting number thirteen.
Speaker 25: What do the Yankees do with Anthony Volpi? I mean, it's been a couple of years now where he has not played well. Look, there is pressure I'll be in the Yankee shortstop, but we've now seen a body of work. If you were running the Yankees, how would you handle Anthony Volpi?
Speaker 26: Well, I'm not running the Yankees right, fair enough, that's the first thing. Look, I think as a as a young player. Look, it's obvious the Yankees have made a commitment to Anthony, right They're committed to but they're they're also not only committed to him being the shortstop, but they're committed to allowing him to further.
Speaker 10: Develop at the major league level.
Speaker 26: And you know at times when fans are watching that they get frustrated. But every player has gone through it. Every player has gone through bumps in the road, you know what I mean. But most of the time those bumps in the road are in the minor leagues, so it's not something that you see on a daily basis. But the Yankees are very high on Anthony. I don't personally.
Speaker 5: I don't know him that well.
Speaker 26: We've had a couple of conversations.
Speaker 10: I don't know him well.
Speaker 26: But yeah, I think they're they're banking on a big upside and you know, hopefully he can put it together here. They can put it together soon. You know, you go back to the World Series a few years ago. He played great in the postseason that year, so you want to get back to that point.
Speaker 10: But it's tough, man.
Speaker 26: It is tough to go through growing pains at the major league level for a player. I mean, we've all been there, you know what I mean, And every mistake is magnified and well, hopefully he can turn.
Speaker 5: It around, all right. The Great Derek Jeter on the current Yankee shortstop Anthony Volpi.
Speaker 27: Sid and Friends in the Morning on the Red Apple podcast network.
Speaker 28: You and I will be talking a lot, and we'll we've been talking for a long time. Neil and I have watched you grow. Your show is phenomenally like the number one rated show in New York. It's incredible how you've done.
Speaker 23: Proud of you.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 28: I talked to you long before you were number one, right when you were struggling, and.
Speaker 11: Now you're the number one show.
Speaker 5: It's been a pretty good week. BB on the show Texam Malko Rubio. I'll see President Trump on Saturday. And my son Gaby Gabriel today day three of his job with the next governor of our state, Bruce Blakeman. He loves the job so far. I mentioned our friend Doug Goudstein yesterday talking about Howard Stern Good. He worked with Stern for years, also worked for Mark Levin. And there's about ten kids that are working for Blakeman in this intern program. Great kids, and his son Judd is one of them. And I got a message from a lady this morning, and I'm not sure if it's silver Stein or silver Stein Jessica and her daughter Brielle also works with Gabriel. She said, all the kids, they love your son. He's loving the job and he loves Bruce and we're gonna do whatever we can to get Bruce the win. Come this November, So Gabe Day three, my daughter Ava involved in a very very very big high p file case working with Arthur Roy Dallas. She was I can't even mention who the people are, but it's big. She was in that room yesterday. So my kids continued to make me proud every day. I'm a very lucky guy, beautiful wife and two beautiful children. And last night was our monthly dinner and we did Miss Lou. I mean, I think twelve people there last night. Eight were like, come on, man, where's Lou. Lou couldn't make it last night, But Keith Cantchwitz has always did a great job. Mister power Express. Anthony Corone was there, looking good, feeling good. He's gonna be fine. Him and Frank. My dear friend, the great defense attorney Joseph Takapina made his debut at our men's dinner. We had Andy Alpstein and how Bolpi, Big Chris, Mike Kemper, great cop that Mike Kemper is, as spoke to his lovely wife Marilynd yesterday. Marty Seinman, who's in charge of the baseball I guess all the meetings that they'll be having to try to save baseball next year, which does not seem likely if you're a big bag spat man just see you know, I'm about ninety nine point nine nine percent sure there's not going to be baseball next year. They have huge issues. And Marty Shiman at dinner last night is going to be the guy working on all these meetings?
Speaker 19: Was he?
Speaker 5: He's come on, look what was his name? He's in the Hall of Fame who was very famous doing all the negotiating the arbitrator. Yeah, was a Marmon Miller. Remember that name.
Speaker 9: Lewis is in the same time frame as mar Miller.
Speaker 19: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So this guy, Marty Shimon, I think has that job now. And he was at dinner last night and Matta Doll and your boy Lewis, He's gonna call you today, Doctor Brad Wasserman. He looked great. In fact, lou Doctor Brad was taking his wipe and his kids to see Ariana Grande in Brooklyn last night. We had Terse Capriy. She's working very very closely with my friend Joseph Fernandez. He's trying to be the next control. I'm hosting an event for Joseph in the city next Tuesday. Leslie Dixon who works with Ryan Sirhan good friends with USU and Eb Sanchez and of course Lewis sour guy, Mark Oranger. We love big Mark, Love Oranger.
Speaker 10: Mark.
Speaker 5: He is great. It looks like Miller is Yeah, Marvin Miller, but I think, uh Lou the guy that has that job now, this guy Marty Sinman. He was at dinner last night. So it was a really pretty impressive bunch. Stevie does a great job with el Manelo. You know he was Loo He was a busboy at that place.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I talk with that guy.
Speaker 5: Oh you did okay, great, great looking guy out of Kosovo. And now he owns the place. And he's got this one wall where he's got all these pictures of him with famous people like cats hats upstairs on the fifth floor. No one has taken more pictures with famous people than John Katzmatiti's. But he's got a nice wall. It's him and Mike Johnson, him and Bill Clinton, him and bo Didle. It turns out that Tack of Pena is a regular that don't even know that. So he's got a picture with me that he's gonna put on the wall coming up this week. He took one with me and one with the former mayor Eric Adams. So Stevie does a great job there. It's a terrific restaurant, Il Manello on forty ninth between First and Second Avenue.
Speaker 9: What did Marty say about what's gonna happen?
Speaker 5: He, you know, he can't get too much into it. But when I said there'll be no baseball next year, he agreed. He didn't disagree at least. And then I said, it's so bad, lou we met out of baseball for two years. He said, that's ever gonna happen. That's hover gonna happen. Right, He shot that down, but he certainly didn't seem optimistic about any type of agreement before next season. And to answer your question, knowing that you asked justin this morning about what happened to him Pope yesterday, Spain's not good. Nothing happened to him. He's a great player. Spain is far and away, it's not even close, far and away the best defensive team in this tournament. And even when Argentina beats England today, which they will because Messi will outscore Kine, Argentina will move on. They're not beating Spain either. They may also get shut out even with Lionel Messi. That's how good Spain is that defense. They're gonna shut down every great player in the world today and they're going to win this World Cup, which annoys the hell out of me because they've proven to be not a friend of the United States. I'm America first, certainly not a friend of Israel. So I'm not excited for Spain. I wasn't excited for France either, but I'm not excited for Spain. But they're gonna win. The whole thing. Doesn't matter who wins today. I do like Argentina today, but regardless, nobody's beating Spain.
Speaker 20: Nobody know I wanted him Bope against Messi.
Speaker 5: Of course they did. But Spain is too good. They are too good. And look, if England beats Messi today, then you don't get either one of the finals. We will talk to Andrew Giuliani coming up on Friday before the big one, the finals, which comes your way this Sunday from Giant Stadium, which they now cole MetLife Stadium. Will take a break when we get back. He's a tremendous He's not good, He's a tremendous city council member, one of the five Republicans, one of the two out of Staten Island, former colleague of ours. He's also a great radio guy, and he's got a lot to say about, specifically the mayor's definition of rape.
Speaker 27: Sid and Friends in the Morning on the Red Apple podcast network.
Speaker 3: I believe the NYPD when they put forward their numbers, what we're seeing are some of the lowest numbers that New York City has seen in recorded history, especially when it comes to murders and shootings. He's the lowest we've ever seen. And what I think is important to know is a lot of the increase in rape also comes from an expanded definition of what counts as rape, as well as survivors coming forward for acts that took place years prior.
Speaker 5: Rape is up exponentially, and they says, well, it really depends on how you define rape. Maybe he should ask his wife. She seems to enjoy it when Israeli girls get raped, maybe five at a time, gang bang by a bunch of terrorists and Hamas guys. Maybe he should ask his wife what constitutes rape. I don't know. He is the most disgusting person God ever created. I don't know how any of these media members get angry with me, but over this a million times, Errol Lewis, Katie Honan, even some of the real mainstays people I respect, the Marshall Kramer's, the Morgan McKay's. They never ask this guy a real question. Melissa Russo. Maybe every now and then, not often. You know, Michael Rappaport was very funny on this show yesterday. Let me go down there. I want to go down there. I want one of these stations to employ Sid Rosenberg for one day. One day. Let that communist run New York one Spectrum instead of Errol Lewis, that fat, stupid black racist sitting there with Mam Donnie every Thursday. Let me do it once. Your business is all about ratings. You do realize that, right you done? Bastards? Don't you think that Sid Rosenberg and Mam Donni would generate bigger ratings than Lewis and Mam Donnie. Now, look, I don't think I would even do it, because I'm not sure I could sit in the same room with that guy without beating him to a pulp. And yes that was just a physical, violent statement. I don't care. I don't think I can do it. I really don't. Frank Morano is one of our five Republican City Council members, you know the story, one of the two along with the great David Carr out of Staten Island and a tremendous radio guy as well. A former colleague, he joins us this morning, he's outraged about the mayor trying to redefine rape as well. So with that set prank, just take it away, Mam. Donnie's latest person.
Speaker 23: Said, I watched that answer three times because I genuinely couldn't believe that that was the answer the mayor of New York City chose to give, not on a subject like city steps or you know, welfare reform or something that maybe requires a little nuance or or some depth. It was a pretty cut and dry issue of rape in a post Me Too era. And he's ostensibly the leader of a political movement.
Speaker 11: That is very down with being woke and women's rights.
Speaker 23: And everything like that, not a movement that necessarily sees a lot of gray area when it comes to rape.
Speaker 10: I mean, this was eusy.
Speaker 23: If this was a Republican mayor or a politician of any type that gave this answer, forget about it. If that was Rudy Giuliani or Mike Bloomberg, they would have fulleyed him.
Speaker 5: This was about a politician. I got to tell you by went on the air and said that I'd be in trouble.
Speaker 23: Yeah, you've said a lot less severe things and gotten fulleyed for that. But I'll tell you, if more survivors are coming forward.
Speaker 11: That's a good thing.
Speaker 23: But the current that happened to them is not a good thing. And that's what the mayor totally failed to highlight. You don't spin rape statistics, you don't misoden them, you don't look for the sunny side. A survivor coming forward years later doesn't mean the rape didn't happen. It means we learned the predit later. The proper answer is, and this is not an answer that puts him in a bad light at all. If he would have given it is I'm deeply concerned. We're examining the numbers. We're going to protect women and bring predators to justice. Period's done, end of story. Instead, we got a sociology seminar this administration, and I think you know me, and I said this.
Speaker 11: Even before he was elected. I'm not looking to.
Speaker 23: Beat the guy up just to beat the guy up, right. I have no problem working with someone that I disagree with ninety nine percent of the time on the one issue that maybe we agree on. But this administration has this strange instinct Whenever New Yorkers identify disorder or crime, the first response is to explain why we're interpreting it incorrectly.
Speaker 5: Well, really, the first response really is to beat their chest and give out a couple of really favorable numbers. Which also I can go into those numbers like he did with the rape and do the same thing, but I choose not to. When it comes to shootings and murderers, that's their first response. We're doing great, except transit crime, right, except when somebody gets punched in the face on the subway, except when a Jewish person gets punched across the face, except when a young girl gets raped in a stairwell. Otherwise we're doing great.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 23: The reporter there asked a very simple, very fair question, and the mayor gave what can only be described as a bizarre answer.
Speaker 11: So I don't need the mayor.
Speaker 5: I think bizarre is the wrong word. I would go. I would even say insensitive and downright grotesque.
Speaker 23: So I don't need a mayor or any politician to find the silver lining in rapes to t I need him to find the rapist fight. This is crazy, is an absolutely crazy situation. And I was glad the speaker called him out on her. You could tell that, you know she is getting she is getting his goat to some extent.
Speaker 5: No, there's no question about it. You know, when Hard and I had art difficulties, she was really and i'll say this, bending over backwards to appease him. She has not been doing that as of late. Whether it was me Vicky, she has not been doing that as of late. I mean it seems like and you too, You know, you guys are constantly from the budget to the lack of cops, no cops on the budget, no fifth by a fighter, to this thing with the rape to the horses. It seems like almost every day. Now Julie Mennon has an issue with the mayor. Now I didn't play her response, but he can give me the monarch note version. What exactly did she say in response to that awful, awful description of rape by the mayor.
Speaker 23: Well, first of all, that question came about and Dan Mannery. You know from Picks asked it because she was making such a big deal over the uptick in rape crimes as a reason we need more cops, and then.
Speaker 11: He asked the question. She gave that a bizarre response.
Speaker 23: Not only did she, and by the way, not just her, but many of our colleagues you have I know you you and not without reason have said there's really not much not no such thing as a conservative Democrat these days, one at least as one in the city. Phil Wong, who represents Bob Holden's old district, he certainly is a conservative.
Speaker 5: Democrat and Bob Holden, but that matter. Bob Holden who I talked to when I watched his tweets every day, because I think he's a brilliant guy. He had our issues during the Curtis run, but I really loved the guy. Bob Holden was that guy. So it looks like Bill Wane has continued Holden's legacy.
Speaker 11: Is the mantle.
Speaker 23: But he decried the mayor's response, and so did more conventional establishment Democrats like Lynn Shulman and even some of the liberal Democrats. There is nobody standing up for what the mayor said. But basically, Julie said that in word or substance, in not quoting hereat, but that it defies any reasonable logic that the mayor.
Speaker 11: Would choose to characterize Rapes that way.
Speaker 23: And like you could almost give him a gimme if he was handling every other aspect of his job well, but honestly, everything that he is handling in this city is turning to pot And you know, I heard you, and maybe it was with Joe Bignigno the other day, or maybe it was one of your monologues, talk about how it takes time for the city to turn around in both directions, on a positive level and in a negative direction. We are setting this city up for failure in so many different areas. I heard you know, you know, your terrific interview with Vicky yesterday and they talked about the you guys talked about the little Litaly debacle. I mean, that's just one, one minor example, which ultimately doesn't affect many people's lives, but it says a lot about the mayor's character. He doesn't view himself as a cheerleader for New York City. He doesn't view himself as a mayor that represents all New Yorkers and if you look at how he's handling homelessness, the way that he's handling homelessness, whether it's in Manhattan, Brooklyn or Staten Island, that has the opportunity to set us back to the pre Giuliani era more than almost anything any mayor's ever done. Take a look at what's going on at the Intrepid. If you walk outside of the Intrepid, there's this homeless encampment.
Speaker 11: The Post has been covering it. It stretches twelve blocks.
Speaker 5: On the west side, twelve blocks.
Speaker 11: There's tense, there's open drug that's.
Speaker 5: Like Los Angeles. That's like Los Angeles, Frank, Yeah.
Speaker 11: And police.
Speaker 23: Had to intervene yesterday over an illegal electricity hookup. The homeless are setting up tamps and with electricity. And this is what happens when compassion gets divorced from common.
Speaker 5: Listen enough with the Compassion. I'm sorry, not on this show, save it for all the shows on this station. They talk about that I put my son on a subway. We have just back from Boca Raton, Florida, and New York is scary enough, and we had to take Gabriel to school one day on the subway. He was about seven years old and some guy pushed him, tried to physically harm him. Some other guy was naked, and you know, he didn't get he didn't. There wasn't a crime committed necessarily, but it scored that kid for life. And when you walk past some crazy homeless guy in New York City and he starts yelling and screaming or cursing, and he smells and looks terrible, that is not just some you know, some innocent guy. I know some of them were with service people and Vietnam and all that stuff. I get it. But it has gotten to the point where these people on the streets of New York City absolutely play a role in lessening the quality of life. It's enough, with compassion, get these people off the goddamn streets.
Speaker 23: Well, and you know what, it's also for that former serviceman that's now homeless because he's dealing with drug issues or mental illness. It's not compassionate to the homeless person living in a tent surrounded by rugs and filth. It's also to your point about quality of life.
Speaker 11: For everybody else.
Speaker 23: It's not compassionate to the bus driver who's got to work there, or the family taking their kid to the intrepid. And it's especially absurd to the taxpayers who are spending billions, billions with a b of.
Speaker 11: Dollars on a shelter and social servicesm.
Speaker 23: Only to be told that a twelve block encampment is somehow inevitable.
Speaker 5: Right, but that's Manhattan. So that's the twelve block in Manhattan. I know you listen to the very beginning of the show because you love that. You said that all these and all the big video confess lady, thank you, thank you. So I did play the video of Ena Vernakov out of Brooklyn and hook Car talking about what's going on, and she said, Bay in this company, I guess that's behind this potential shelter. They're being investigated. And mamdannie still gave a couple one hundred million dollars. Is that right?
Speaker 11: Well more or less? Yeah, I mean Inan is totally right.
Speaker 23: And this story ort to terrify every neighborhood in New York City because the issue isn't whether homeless people deserve help. Of course they do, right where a compassionate city, even if even if we won't be when you're mayor. But the issue is whether city hall can fundamentally transform a residential neighborhood, which is what Sheep said, Bay is with virtually no meaningful community input. They're taking out families and bringing in one hundred and ten single adult men. The city says it's not even conducting criminal background vetting.
Speaker 11: Across the street from.
Speaker 23: Where that the shelter is going to be, where the gold Star in or the yeah, the gold Star in the city. Across the street is a park that's used by children. How does a government look parents in the eye and say, don't worry, we deliberately chose not to find out who we're placing here. Vetting isn't demonizing the homeless or anybody. Vetting is just basic competence. And I keep saying this because in our district in Staten Island, they're doing the same thing. We're living version of it on arthur Kill Road. Communities learn about these decisions after this bureaucracy has already is the side I did what.
Speaker 11: It's going to do.
Speaker 5: You know what I would do. I would not only not close Rikers Island, I'd build new housing on Rikers Island, and I'd put three groups of people on Rikers Island. I mean this Obviously, the criminals, they need to be there, Okay, not in my neighborhood. Secondly, I would put illegals somewhere else on Rikers Island, and the homeless. You got acres and acres and acres and acres of land. Take all three of those groups, the criminals, the illegals, and the homeless, and build more housing and put them on Rikers Island. Keep all those people away from law abiding citizens like USh. Let me get to the minorities. This battle over specialty programs in schools. Both of my kids went through the public school system in New York and it nearly ruined both of them. Thank God, even Gabriel are smart kids. I've got great parents. But it really did nearly ruin both of them. Here's another issue with this mayor education. What's going on with that brank.
Speaker 23: Well, So yesterday and numbers came out. So New York City has a few of the very best public schools, not just in the country, but the world. Stuyvesant Bronx High School of Science, Brooklyn Tech right in the world, right, And I think John Katsintitis went to Brooklyn Tech. So my dad said, my brother, great school. No, I think he went to Fordham Prepp. Sure he didn't make it to Brooklyn Tech. I mean, okay, but so now you have to take a test to get in there. And the numbers came out yesterday that there's a very small portion of black New Yorkers that that were admitted. Right, And instead of saying, all right, how do we get more black and Hispanic students to get to a point where they can pass the test? Now Mom, Donnie and all of the social justice advocates are talking about how can we again dismantle this tests?
Speaker 11: So this is crazy.
Speaker 23: The most interesting person in the time story on this today wasn't Mamdani, but it was a retired black math and engineering teacher from Brooklyn Tech named sam Atawomi. He went to Brooklyn Tech himself in the eighties. He grew up in the South Bronx, and he said his middle school teachers told him about the specialized high schools. They prepared him for the test, and three other kids from his eighth grade class went to Brooklyn Tech with him. His explanation today in the papers is that middle schools don't make that a priority anymore because many of them are struggling just to get kids to pass the state test. That's the whole debate. So the New York City school system is failing to prepare black and Hispanic kids for a rigorous exam, and the solution is to get rid of the exam. That's what the mayor in these advocates want the sahsat, which is what they call that test, the specialized high school you know exam. They may be revealing inequality, but that doesn't mean the test created the equal No Markidani says, one test doesn't measure apptitude. Okay, I agree, but no test measures the totality of a human being. The question is whether this test measures the academic skills necessary to succeed in some of the most rigorous high schools in America. These schools are able to take one generation of immigrants who come here impoverished and turn them into wealthy lawyers, doctors, generals, radio station owners like John Katzimatid's health insurance executives like my dad.
Speaker 11: These were people that who are poor.
Speaker 23: In working class and because of the education that they got at these specialized high schools, they're able to be really successful people. And to the mayor to say, we want to destroy these schools by destroying the test. Why because too many Chinese people get in. Sorry, help these kids, Help these blacknesspanic kids pass the test.
Speaker 5: Yeah, how about competing with the Asian kids who are homedoing math and science while our kids are doing half naked dan is on TikTok is that the Asians? Paul, let's dump down all of our tests and make sure that i'm Aronic kids can compete. M Donnie's an asshole. That's the bottom line. I can't say it any better than that. But you, I'm going to say to you the same thing I said to Vicki Patadino yesterday. You are too smart and too good. You've already you've already outlived the city council. I need you to want with something bigger. What do you mean that, Frank? I think I think you're brilliant. I think you're brilliant. I really do.
Speaker 23: On Staten Island, we're very blessed to have a lot of very good elected officials Queen's you know, Vicky would be much more a greater improvement over John lou the state senator there, and obviously she and the borough president the term limited there. She'd be great there, But you know, we're very lucky to have a great congress person, and Nicole Maya talks a great stanator in Andy Lanza. But honestly, if you could see the crazy bills that some of my colleagues in the city council, you know, bring up on a regular basis, and some of the things that the mayor's officer are doing.
Speaker 11: We didn't even get into. Maybe we do it next time.
Speaker 23: The the Department of Education contracting scandal where this school's chancellor, Kamarael Samuels he may turn out to be the shortest tenured schools chancellor since Mike Bloomberg picked Kathy Black because the amount of stone walling and lack of transparency about how these contracts are given out. I'm sure you saw the story, but maybe you already might have missed it. They had a vendor that they had in schools that basically they encouraged the vendor to break the rules or at least bend the rules about how they were billing the city so that they could get paid. And on top of that, they found that a school that was a teacher that was dismissed for doing all sorts of wacky things with students was back in a school through the vendor, no vetting and anything at all. And we've asked Julie Mennon and the council have asked repeatedly about how these contracts are awarded, how the procurement process has been given out, and we've gotten no answers at all. And only yesterday, when the mayor was threatened with a subpoena did he say that they're going.
Speaker 11: To be looking into it.
Speaker 23: So there's a lot going wrong with the city. And I think it may sound silly to people that think that the city Council is just a silly place to be, but there's a lot of need for oversight and there's a lot of need for fighting the good fight on the city council. You know, you were kind of enough to mention my radio career, and I miss being on the radio very much, and that's why I'm so grateful when you give me these opportunities. But you know, it was a very difficult decision to walk away from a show that I really enjoyed doing number one, but was really growing in the ratings and affiliates and revenue and all the ways that we measure radio success. And I wouldn't be doing this and working eighteen hours a day, literally maybe more if I didn't think that I could move the needle forward and move the ball forward in a positive way. And we're trying to deliver for veterans. I'm doing that as the chair of the Veterans Committee and trying to do a lot of other good things. So I appreciate the endorsement for a future office, but I'm very content to stay here and battle the battle the crazies as best as we can.
Speaker 5: Well, God bless you, and no disrespect anybody on the air now or prior, but we've never really replaced you. No one can we. You know, they're all nice people, but they don't they don't come close to what you accomplished here.
Speaker 11: I appreciate that true true love.
Speaker 5: Listen, I don't listen. I tell the truth, and you know, John can't yell at me if I tell the truth. I tell the truth. We've tried, and we have some nice people. As a guy here now, he's very nice, but he ain't you, So listen. Continued success, keep up the fight. Frank Morano. You're great and this is a great appearance as always. Thank you so much.
Speaker 23: Thank you for having me said congratulations again on the interview with Benjamin nettin Yah who you know, some of the people took issue with the clip that you played this morning and yesterday about me saying that you're maybe the most influential New York radio host since since Bob grand I stand by that. I don't know that there's another local radio show that to talk about the biggest story in the country, the Lindsey Graham situation, and could get the second most newsworthy person on the planet, which is Benjamin nettan Yahoo, to come on that show and talk about it and do so with a level of candor that I haven't really heard him express anywhere else. You know, this is the only show where on any given day you could hear the President or Ertawan or Joe Benigno or you know, or like Daryl Strawberry. Like, there's just no telling what will happen on this show any given in the day. And it's one of the reasons that I think people are afraid to tune out.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Buddy, Strawberry will be on this show, fatties, see enough, Yeah, Strawberry one is going to be a tough one, but we'll see what we can do. Frank, great job, Bialdy tourrific. Thank you so much, Paul, I love you, thank you.
Speaker 11: Thank you, brother, I love you. Thanks for the support and in allowing.
Speaker 5: Me on that great Frank Morno right there, City Council, remember, will take a break. We have a lot more great guys to come today.
Speaker 27: Sid and Friends in the morning on the Red Apple Podcast Network.
Speaker 5: Another issue in this city is happening in a neighborhood very close to where me and luwar You go from our neighborhood to broad Channel. We love Marty Penny and Adrians to Howard Beach, I love Joe, Lenny's love them. I love Benny and Joe at the Vino's a bunch of restaurants there. And it turns out in Howard Beach, Jen Dolanzo best Botox in New York City, turns out they're stealing statues, religious statues off the lawns. How is that possible? So we played a cut yesterday from Phyllis in Sirillo. She happens to be the chief of staff for our councilwoman Joanne Ariola. Maybe she'll be next, that's the rumor. I don't know but Phyllis reached out and she's on right now from Howard Beach. Our friend Phyllis Phyllis, good morning, how are you?
Speaker 23: Good morning?
Speaker 19: Said thanks so much for having me.
Speaker 5: Nice to have you. We did play your cut yesterday. At first I thought it was Joanne Ariola, then I realized it was you. But it seems like that's a big issue in Howard Beach. People's stealing religious statues off the lawns. Have you made any progress in finding these scumbags?
Speaker 19: So there is a person of interest for these statues in Herod Beach as well as in our neighboring community of Ozone Park. The police are seeking out this person, so we're hopefully going to have an arrest on that soon. But more importantly, I think is the fact that people have no problems stealing, you know, Catholic statues and symbols of Christianity. Throughout New York City. We're seeing an uptick in attacks on churches. We just had an attack on a church, a molotov cocktail bombing on a church at Ozone Park, and then a Jehovah Witness church and what Haven. And we're seeing statues being stolen from churches in Rockaway and now right in front of our own homes. So you know, we'd like to see a bigger voice coming from the diocese on this. We haven't seen any you know, show of force within the communities where it's happening from the bishop. And I'm just wondering where he is.
Speaker 5: I mean, I guess and I don't know this, but Cardinal Dolan he would have been all over this. But the new guy, Ronald Hicks, he's given you nothing.
Speaker 19: Right, nothing Nothing from the arch diocese, nothing from the Brooklyn Diocese. And you know, it's concerning when you have, especially in the community like Howard Beach. I am the Howard Beach and the Wood Civic President here in Howard Beach, and you know, we are a large Catholic community here and we're not seeing anything from our leadership of the church.
Speaker 5: Terrible. See in the good old days, and I know you're gonna be uncomfortable with this, but tough. In the good old days, we wouldn't leave it up to the church. There was a guy named Gotti. There's still guys there who live there right now. I know some that they would do the job we need to be done. I know that we all try to sell the mob doesn't exist anymore. Nonsense.
Speaker 11: It does.
Speaker 5: But in the good old days in Howard Beach, you know, this would have been over already, right, The statues would be right back on the lawn and somebody would be home, Dad. That's a fact, you know that, right fellas well.
Speaker 19: The thing is that we do have great leadership here, Thank god, we have Council memor Aiola. Our civic is very strong in the area and when you come through Howard Beach you know that it's a strong peacher out of community. We have people like Eddie Earle, who's our neighborhood flagman, you know, hanging hundreds of flags. He's in the seventies, climbing up on a ladder, you know, every spring to make sure the community is full of flags. And our civic does so many events to promote patriotism. We actually have a Columbus Day festival as well, right by Saint Helen's Church. We host the local feast here in Howard Beach at Saint Helens. So there are people that are pushing back. We have advocates here and we're going to make sure that we hold them accountable. And we have a great captain at the one oh six Priestinct, Captain Derris, and our community affairs officers Detective Jaffe and Officer Carr, who are in constant contact with us about this and making sure that they are going to hold this guy accountable when they find him.
Speaker 5: Now, this guy, white guy, black eye, it matters what does he look like.
Speaker 19: So from the images that I saw from cameras, it seems like it's a white guy. But I have no idea of his background or you know, what he's about.
Speaker 5: Let me get into our neighborhoods because when I growing up bay Ridge strong Italian, I guess it kind of still is. You know, I don't know. There's a lot of Muslims there, I'm being honest. Benson Hurst, same thing. A lot of Koreans and Asians there now O Zone Park, Arthur Revenue and the Bronx and Howard Beach. I mean, you guys an Italian stronghold. And I've got restaurant owners who say to me, SID they're about to build mosques in Howard Beach. Are going come on, I know, O Zone Park, but Howard Beach. Is there any truth to that?
Speaker 19: No? I mean I know that you and I discussed that yesterday. There's no moss being built on Cross Si Bouvard and Howard Beach. But what I can tell you is that we are still a strong Italian community. We have lots of neighbors from all different facets of life, and we all live together in harmony here. There are no issues throughout our community. And this particular person doesn't even live in Howard Beach that came to fight to.
Speaker 11: Steal the statues.
Speaker 5: That's hugely the case. Yeah, that's hugely the case. So I would imagine, you, guys, if there're still a very strong Italian community and a lot of Italians that live there, from Gendlanzo TOI Marino to you to join, I would imagine that when this mayor, this repulsive, disgusting racist mayor left little Italy and author revenue in the bronx of the immigration on played map, I would hope at least and Howard Beats was furious.
Speaker 19: Everybody here was furious, you know, everybody was posting online about it. And what we did was we took action right away with the council Member's office and Council Member Morano, who we love. They are the two chairs of the Italian Caucus. They put up a post. Immediately we contacted the Mayor's office and immediately he backtracked and said, oh wait, wait, wait, this is from the prior administration. We're going to put Little Italy back on the map. But more so than that, we are going to be pending a letter to the mayor adding other communities besides just a little ly. I understand that there is in you know, a large group of Italian immigrants living in Little Italy at the time, but we can't erase the fact that it was a backbone of the city in its time, and now we do have areas where there are large groups of Italian still living together. And we want to make sure that our history is not a race and our culture is not a race. And with the Italian Caucus, we're doing a lot of different events and different things that you'll say that you haven't seen before. With this caucus, we've included all of the Italian organizations throughout New York City to be included, so that we are one strong voice together working towards.
Speaker 29: The same goals.
Speaker 5: Somebody put on Twitter yesterday they said, you know what we love. You said, no one's ever going to argue your love for Israel, and the Jewish people can't argue that. I'm going back to Israel again in October will be the sixth time since the war. They said, But man, you show such respect to Christ, to Christians, and I do. I put on Twitter yesterday I said, listen, I'm a proud Jew. That's never going to change. But I have a healthy love and respect for Christ and my brothers and sisters in the Christian community because I realize that if we're going to get rid of hate, anti Semitism, but hate in this world, it can only happen if Christians and Jews come together. That's why we're so disappointed when Christians turn out to be anti Semitic. It really bothers me because the truth is, we're built this country was built on Judeo Christian values. We should be brothers and sisters in this fight against hate. So I'm glad you brought up the church buyer bombings, what's going on in Howard Beach. Course, I'm not just about the Jews. I'm not just about Israel. I know what's going on with Christians in this country. I know Christians are being murdered by Muslims in Africa and all over the world. So it's time for people to pay attention to all the atrocities going on with Christians.
Speaker 19: Absolutely, and thank you for that night. And I know you are supportive of the Catholic faith and the Christian faith, and we want to see more of that, right. I want to see the leaders the rabbis coming out and talking out against this. I want to see the Emams coming out and talking out against this, because Catholics are very bad at advocating for themselves, but they're the first ones out there to say when something anti Semitic or something that's you know, considered anti Muslim happened. They're the first ones out there to say something. And then something happens to us and we do not see any of their leadership of the church.
Speaker 5: It really is sad. Anything else that we should know about with this story, or because you autorific by the way, Fellas, anything else with that community and Howard Beach we should know about.
Speaker 19: Well, just know that we're here. We're a great community. We have great restaurants. You mentioned Joe. I'm very close with Joe and during the Candya from Lenny's Clambar they're dear friends of mine. They are very giving towards the community. We did a street renaming for Lenny's two years ago for the fiftieth anniversary. But come to Howard Beach. You'll see a strong Italian community with lots of faith here, and we're happy to have you. And said, definitely, I'll meet you with Lenny's for a drink one day.
Speaker 5: No, I love Joe, he's great back. One day. I was at Lenny's one night, i should say, and he wasn't there. Joe and I finished dinner with Danielle and Gabe, my family, and we walked out and I got a text from Joe and I said, how do you know I just left? Yes, Tom was inside the place, and you wanted to make sure they took tear of me and the other guy, you know, Benny and Joe down when you you first get into Howard Beach, right there by Frankie Russo. I love Frankie Russo too. You know Vetro's and Russo's on the bay. They owned the vinos and on the walls and divinos. You know this Phyllis They have all these pictures of very famous people. You're there, yes, yes, right, next to the President Trump.
Speaker 23: Made it here in Harraba.
Speaker 5: I know I'm right next to President Trump and Joe Demaggio and Marilyn Monroe's Actually President Trump is in a picture with Sarah Palin, but there I am on the wall. That's a big deal, right absolutely.
Speaker 19: And listen, the next time you speak to President Trump, please do me a favor and let them know I need him to fulfill the campaign promise of bringing all of our city workers back to work, because I don't know if you know this, but we still have firefighters, police officers, teachers out of work because of a vaccine mandate from five years ago.
Speaker 5: Son of a bitch, Adams. I will I'm going to see him Saturday at Bedminster. I will let him know that. Phyllis, You're terrific. I actually hope you will play Joanne. Excellent job here, this more and keep up the fight. I love all of you. People in Howard Beach are great American Thank you so much, Thanks so much. Take care, God bless you. Billis and soireto right there, and she's great writing home. She was the voice on that clip yesterday, and what a fighter. You gotta love her.
Speaker 1: No, Yeah, well I like the fact that they have somebody at least they know who this person is. They just got to find them. The person's stealing the statues.
Speaker 5: Yeah, creep.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Like I said, in the good old days, I would just put them outside at about midnight and have John or somebody else.
Speaker 20: And I loved her response.
Speaker 1: She just is like, I'm not even gonna pretend like he even said that, I'm just gonna talk about others.
Speaker 5: We had an off air of conversation yesterday and I said, why can't we just handle this guy to the old passion?
Speaker 11: Wait?
Speaker 5: So she laughed at that point, but not today. She just her professional deal. Well, take a short break. We're going to talk to the amazing Congressman Peter King. He said every Wednesday, he'll come up next. Before it's said and done, you guys remember Jay Deeley, you NFL fans, big time kicker, big time for the Giants, the Jet, the Dolphins, the Cardinals. He's running for Congress in Arizona and he got a huge video endorsement from President Trump yesterday. Former NFL kicker j Beely will join me in the nine o'clock hour and later on this hour. Yep, the great one Mark Levin.
Speaker 27: Sid and Friends in the Morning on the Red Apple podcast network.
Speaker 5: Frankie's been a friend for many years, and I guess Frankie was with Bowl last night at Kassa Chipriani and the mayor was there. So the mayor told Keith Cantwrizho was out of town. That's why he didn't meet us for our monthly dinner, which he usually comes to at Ilmonello. They love Bow there too on forty nine between first and second. But I don't think Eric Adams wants to be at dinner with me, That's the bottom line. I really believe that he was there a couple of months ago. It was fine, you know, Hi, Hi, not much and how's it come back? Since I was told he was out of town. So I know, Orange and you're listening and the rest of you not out of town at Cassa Chipriani. Just didn't want to come with us, which is fine with me because again I'm not buying into Eric was great because the Blasio was so bad before him and Mamdani is the worst ever after him. That doesn't mean that Eric was great. In fact, for the better part of three years, Eric was terrible. I mean terrible corruption everywhere, indictments everywhere, Pohamas running up and down this city like you never saw before, Americans sleeping on park benches, but illegals getting five star hotels, subways a mess. That was the real Eric Adams deal. Okay, and I work with a lot of people here who are up Eric Adams ass. They still are, They still are. I'm not going to name names because I happened to love those people, but I told them early on he had no chance of winning, and I think they embarrassed themselves when they went all in with Eric. Early on. I said, he ain't gonna make it. He's lost every Republican in this city because he's not really a Republican. That was me, the Democrat. They don't want any part of this guy. Now they sucked up to Trump. The blacks don't want them. And I was right. He couldn't even make it through the damn race. He had to quit before in a race where Curtis got seven percent. That's all you need to know here. He is the former amazing congressman. Homeland Security our staple on Wednesday Mornings, my guy Peter King Pete, First of all, thank you for that lovely message. You sent me a couple of days ago after day one of my son Gabriel working with Bruce Blakeman. It was very, very nice, and I will tell you that as Kaby gets set for day three. But the next governor. He loves the job. He loves Bruce, and Bruce has been making ways. Now down by just five or six points, things are looking good, Pete King for Bruce Blakeman.
Speaker 11: Now Bruce is really on the move. And I would just say as far as your family, I've met all four of you and there's no doubt who the bottom person is. That's you. And it's a tieph number one with Danny hell Gave and it really is. Talk about it. I get on the top of the league, in the bottom of the league. Got he got great. He gave us great. He really is. Remember the night we were in a Duelo's and Gabe was his friend.
Speaker 5: I was there, my uh, your grandson Josh was there.
Speaker 11: You and Melissia were armed wrestling. Yeah, I gave and Jack and trucking back and forth. You argue with the way it is. We sat in John Gotti's table.
Speaker 5: That's terrific right now, we did. That was the after Gott he and Sammy had Paul Castelano rubbed out at Sparks Steakhouse. People don't know this, but God, he called an emergency meeting of the five families, like like one o'clock in the morning, and they had it at Guard Julos in Cony Island, and we sat at that exact table. You still remember that, you love that.
Speaker 11: Pete, Right, that was a great time and really was it was.
Speaker 5: And look, Bruce is up in the northern part of the state today. You know. I called him last night. I'm gonna be honest with you. I called him to say, maybe we should consider reaching out to at least a fire and getting her endorsement. Now. I've reached out to a Lease a couple of times over the last couple of weeks. He had a new book out and I wanted to help her promote her book. She did not answer any of my requests. Anie she hates me, and truth be told, I think Bruce also reached out to her and he got nothing. So even though I thought it may have been a good idea, it looks like she's angry, she's resentful, and I don't know why she should have stayed in the race. She had plenty of money, upwards of fifteen million dollars, plenty of support in the northern part of the state, but like a coward, she jumped out. And Bruce Blakeman is fighting the good fight. So in the end he's the hero.
Speaker 11: No, he really is. And Bruce is doing a great job. And you know you and I have a comments done before about some of the Republicans who said Bruce can't win. Bruce, Bruce's doing a great job. He's going everywhere. Yeah, he started off twenty points behind. That makes sense. She's the in company, he's not. The fact is, when he ran against lower Current, who was much more popular than Kathy Hooker, was Bruce's twenty four points behind, and that was the same thing over the summer. It's a long, hot slog doing that. But when he's out there every day, every day, Bruce is just picking up votes everywhere he goes. She's losing votes every time people see her. Here from her So no, this is going to be to me a big victory for Bruce in November. But Republicans have to stay united. As far as the Lease, I don't know what happened there. I mean, he was always friendly with Lease in the House. She was good to work with. We run the Intelligence Committee together. And then all of a sudden she was out of the race. I mean, Bruce was actually that said party that there's where police have SA said.
Speaker 5: That I know that girl. You'll buy me dinner every year with those guys.
Speaker 11: Right, So I was out there this year, Bruce was there, was there, and he was going to go upstate the next day on his campaign, but we knew at that moment Elise was still in the race. Then Bruce says, I don't know, I'm hearing if she made back out as what and come on, but you know, I just thought he's being overly confident. And the next thing, I know, next day, she dropped out. So I don't know what that was a I don't know, and I don't want to say.
Speaker 5: I mean, and I think she got mad at Trump because Trump was not going to endorse her over Bruce, no way, but the man some other things too. I don't know. I don't care at this point. All I know is, you know, Mike Laula was going to run, but he backed out because Trump wanted him in Congress, and you know, Bruce is our guy, and I think he's a tremendous candidate, and I think he's gonna beat her. But of course we're going to see got a lot of months ahead of us. I do want to get to Israel because I did have bb on this show a couple of days ago. When you're a staunch pro Israel advocate. I know you heard the conversation with me and Bibie and he said, look, me and President Trump, we've never been better. Two days that friends, even family members tend to argue whether it was Turkey or Iran, it doesn't matter. We've never been better. So my question is pe because you've been in these rooms before with the biggest leaders in the world, do you believe them?
Speaker 11: I believe that, Uh, they still are closed, probably not as close as they should be. And I don't want to be critical President Trump, hey, but I think sometimes he overreacts to you. Life is not as he looks upon things as the real estate deal. So he can work out something involving Iran and Israel has happens to be in the way. It annoys him when that Yahoo says no, he can't do that. I mean, we can't just say that Israel us to stop attacking Hesbellah. I mean, the fact is that that they are a main They are a direct threat to Israel and Iran is somehow by trying to work out a deal between Iran and the United States and excluding Israel and Hesbela that tremendously weakens Israel. Israel has to have the right to go into Lebanon after Hesbella. That what is Israel care about Lebanon. They don't care at all. They're don't trying to pick up more property or more territory. But that's where the enemy is. Hesbelas as a sanctuary in Lebanon and they attack Israel. So I can understand President Trump looks at things much more for a deal. Let's make the deal and we can worry about Hezbela later on. Well Bb does have that luxury because he is where we every day about rockets coming in from whether I'm because of Hezbela. So listen, they get along as well as Tenny two world leaders can. But I think when it comes crunch time, you have to stay together. Even if there are individual differences, you got to resolve that. And I think it's going to be resolved in the big picture when this is finally written. I think you're going to see the Israel and United States and Trump and then Yahoo stood together.
Speaker 5: Me too. But my fear is JD. Vans. I'm sorry, s halving this conversation with a person yesterday opens to work. I'm not going to say where in the Trump administration loves Vance. I go why, And after my ten minute conversation, they were like, yeah, yeah, so we'll see.
Speaker 11: I don't trust JD. Vans, I mean either to me, he was against this from the start. He's one of those isolationists and the at Tucker cars in the wing that somehow looks upon Israel as being an impediment to peace rather than and our main ally in the Middle East. And then you have I keep going back to this, what does Steve Whitcock do in negotiating with Iran? I mean, you're talking about one of the most sophisticated diplomatic people in the world of the Iranians. They've been doing this for forty seven years. They've been stringing people along. They are experts at negotiations, and we have a guy in there who just wants to close the deal. And when you close a deal, you do it fifty to fifty sixty forty. You can't do that. In the release, is no such thing as having a deal with Iran because their goal is to destroy us and Israel. Israel's first, We are second, and it's we need somebody who understands that. Now somebody looks upon it as a real estate deal.
Speaker 5: Well, there's no deal here anyway. I mean, I said this on Box News a couple of weeks ago. I say it on the air every day. I think President Trump may be upset with me. I'll find out when I see him on Saturday. There was never a deal to be made here. There was no way in a million years, in a million years, and people should know better that Iran was going to do a deal, and if they did a deal, they were not going to comply. So what President Trump is doing right now is what he should have done two months to go on that Tuesday night when he made that very very first promise, and that is blow the doors off these bastards. I'm sorry we did it. World War two, innocent Germans died, innocent Japanese died. This idea now that, oh my god, if somebody dies, what a horrible thing this is.
Speaker 23: War.
Speaker 5: We didn't start it. Those bastards did forty seven years ago. Let's finish them. Bottom line.
Speaker 11: Also, to me, doesn't make sense to say that were the most powerful military in the world and we can't open the straights of her moves if at the end of all this the straits of a moves are not controlled by us, And if I ran as anything say about it at all, we have lost the war because they can bring the world economy to a halt anytime they want to shut down the Straight of hor Moos. So we have to guarantee that they have no control with it all, that they are totally under control of the United States or Israel or Gulf countries. It cannot be Iran. So that isn't just a technicality. And that's why when you go back to that memory of unders standing, I mean basically, it does give Iran power over the strangers. Says they'll work it out. They won't do this sixty they shid nothing to say about it, and they never did and they never should. Now we yield at it all, that's me is like losing the war.
Speaker 5: Agreed in the final couple of seconds. Pete as an amazing member of Congress all these years I know that you knew the man very well, very well. I saw your posts after he tragically passed away the death of Lindsay Graham. Real Americans, patriots, great Americans. They're upset the morons out there who hate American, hate Israel, and hate anything that you know that has to do with, you know, stetting up for our country. They hated his guts. Are happy he's dead, But the great Americans know what Lindsey Graham meant to this country. You're one of them. What are your thoughts two days after his tragic passing.
Speaker 11: Yeah, maybe it's an overused term, but he was a true patriot. I know Lindsey when he was in the House. He served in the House for eight years. Actually, he and I joined forces back in two thousand support John McKennon, which got Karl rogat for me for a couple of years. But now, I mean Lindsay was there. He was just a true American. He loved the country. I never saw him having a dark moment, unlike you and me. I never saw Lindsay lose his temper. He could, really, I mean, he could disagree, but he was just.
Speaker 5: A wonderful He did lose his temper and he was right. Thank God for him. Yes, right right, that was great.
Speaker 11: That was That was Lindsay at his best. But many of us have seen Lindsay before, we saw other versions of that. He is a fighter. That's why he said he would never ever back down for a guy who had an easy going personality, he never ever backed down what he did with Brett Kavanaugh because you know, so many Republicans hat there looking at the Democrats were going out of the way to smear this guy, and the Republicans like hoping for the best, sitting back, and then Lindsay jumped in. That turned that all around completely. That made it impossible for Republicans not to fully support Brett Kavanaugh. But that was I mean, I was not surprised that night to see that. I mean I was, I I was pleased, met a lot. But having said that, that to me was the Lindsay Grahame that we knew and really appreciated so much. I couldn't ask for a better guy. I was proud to call him a friend, and he was just a wonderful human being. Again, say it enough. Sometimes you say it too much. It sounds like you're overdoing it. You can't. That's you overdo it when it comes to Lindsay Graham, couldn't agree more.
Speaker 5: And you too. You're a great guy, wonderful guy, great politician, but even a better man. Peter King has always exceptional job. We love you on Wednesdays. Thank you for this this morning. We'll do it again very soon. God bless you.
Speaker 11: You goutsh it.
Speaker 5: Okay, take care buddy, Peter King right there, the former amazing congressman homeland secruiting. Don't forget. I have now mentioned nine to eleven every day, like I promised, I promise we play a cut every day. We'll still do that today. Since we celebrated our two hundred and fiftieth birthday last Saturday, July the fourth, a lot of these families that have lost loved ones since nine to eleven. That was not a one day event. We're coming on twenty five years. People are still sick, they're still dying still. It's so tragic. And Peter King worked tatter than anybody anybody in Congress. You got to help them. People like believe it or not, that idiotic comedian John Stewart.
Speaker 27: Sid and Friends in the Morning on the Red Apple podcast network.
Speaker 5: I know that elections are coming up, and look, I look pray to God. I love you like I love Trump. I really do. I adore both of you guys. You know that I love you, I love Sarah, I love all you guys. But you know there is a group of people in Israel and here in America that are rooting for your defeat. I know you've won five of the last six elections. Are you pretty confident? Because I love what you said to Monk Levin at jay Ands. I was sitting in the front row looking right at your BB when you said I plan on being here for a long time. I think you meant that.
Speaker 11: Yes, yes I did.
Speaker 14: But let me tell you, I run in every him is this I'm going to lose, and you know it's up to me and and my colleagues to make sure we don't so. I you know, I never make these gung hole predictions. I said to my followers. In fact, I will lose unless you guys show up in the You know I'm voting there. That's that's really my approach, and I think it's the right one. Yeah, I'm indeviewer.
Speaker 5: I have a lot of big people on this show. Trump bybe all of them, there's nobody bigger than Mark Levin. I think he's the most important voice in the world. I actually want to Hattie on the show a couple of days ago Monday, when Graham died. I think Mark is the most important and smartest voice in the world. I legitimately love the man. I had the opportunity to spend time with Mark and his lovely wife, Julian Israel a couple of weeks ago. It was an honor. In fact, Byebe was late for that first Sunday Night speech and they had me and Mark till the time. Mark must have spoken for an hour and a half, and he was brilliant. He does a radio show all over America. He's on this station every night. We're lucky to have him two great shows on Fox News every Saturday and Sunday night. Most importantly, like I said, a dear friend and the most powerful voice in the world today, my friend, the great one, Mark Levin. Good morning, Mark, how are you?
Speaker 10: Oh sid, I'm doing a lot better now. That was very incredible of you, Not true, but thank you. And I do want people to know that you and I are very very tight and we text all the time and We bump in each other all the time, give each other a big hug, and we genuinely do love each other because Sid and I really we have the same views about America, Israel, the Islamists, the Marxists, and all the rest of it. And Sid, you're number one in New York for a reason, in the toughest slot, the morning slot, and people love you and for a very good reason.
Speaker 5: Brother, Thank you, what I said was true, and thank you. I know you're humble, and that is Mark. By the way, he's not a He's not just saying up for the air. He's a humble guy, but just brilliant. Know we I will often text you, I'm gonna make it there's a big admission on air. I'm gonna see the President. I think this Saturday in Bedminster, New Jersey, the summer White House, and I'll up in text Mark, I'll go I think I pissed off the President. I don't know. And then we'll talk about some subject, maybe Iran, maybe Turkey, something out there that is certainly a hot topic, and you'll kind of talk me off the ledge. But it does seem like recently, as much as I adore and loved Trump, and I think he's the best president ever. That I've been a bit critical about a whole variety of topics, and people tend to get crazy, Oh, you don't love Trump anymore. That's not true. I can be critical of a few things and still love the president.
Speaker 10: Yes, of course, I mean I am as well. And he loves you. He's very, very busy. He's a big fan of mine, and we're big fans of his. I know how important he is to this country. We know he is standing between us and the mob, standing between us and the hard left. I mean, people seem to forget what other Republican presidents have been like, certainly post Reagan, they've been very milktoast. They've been very average. It's hard to remember anything profound that they've done. Not to put them down, it's hard to remember everything profound Donald Trump has done. And so you know, you have to accept the fact that this man's under constant attack, under constant pressure, and I think he's performing brilliantly. Where I think you and I disagree with him is we want to see the Iranian regime destroyed. We want to see them pulled out from the roots up arm the people there and some of the leaks against Netanyahu, which I don't think there him, might be some of the envoys and so forth. Because we need Nedan Yahoo in Israel. We need Donald Trump in the White House. This is a strong duo. Like FDR and Churchill, like Reagan and Thatcher. These are two of the greatest leaders of all time. And again, nobody's perfect. Shit and I are perfect. We have our views and we express them, and you know said, that's very very important that we do so he hears from a different perspective, not just some of these individuals, and we do it very, very respectfully. In other words, we raised the question about the issue. We never try to sabotage him.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 10: We never tried to stab him in the back. And that's the difference between us and so many people who are just nasty as hell.
Speaker 5: You nailed it, That's exactly right. That's the way I do it, That's the way you do it, and that's why at the end of the day he still respects us. The one thing I do get about this Iran stuff, and I'm right with you, I've been adamant about it. Just blow their doors off, that's it. And you know I heard you bring up World War two with Trumany and Japan with showing handy a couple of nights ago. Nobody wanted those people to die. But that's war. But the boots on the ground issue, Rachel Campo stuff. He keeps playing up with me. I said, listen, I don't want him there. Trump doesn't want him there. Listen, President Trump doesn't want anybody to die. You got to know this guy. He is a good hearted, nice man. He doesn't want anybody to die. But if they're call for a situation, whether it's getting to a place where you got to get the dust, well who knows what. And we need some boots on the ground. If it means a victory, you gotta do it. And when I say that, for some reason, Mark Levin, I become a bad person.
Speaker 10: Well you're not. I think we have something called the marines. Do we not think we have something called the army?
Speaker 5: Do we not?
Speaker 10: Should we retire them? Should we shut it down? Those are boots on the ground. I don't even like that phrase. These are our men, infantry, Marines and so forth and so on. And if you're going to announce in advance that we're never going to use them, the enemy will attack us, they have a lot of boots on the ground. It's just so absurd. And these isolationists, most of them are very ignorant in most of them are not aware of our history. Most of them are very sympathetic to our enemies, to be quite frank about it. And they've undermined the president every step of the way. But this idea that we should number one, never have quote unquote boots on the ground, and number two convey that to the enemy, and then we're going in for a one point five trillion dollar defense budget. None of that makes sense because they don't make sense. We don't send in troops just to send in troops. We send in troops that we have to. And these are men and women who are trained. They are volunteers, none of them are drafted. They understand their duty. They are incredibly patriotic, more patriotic than most. And these people who keep saying no boots on the ground, no boots on the ground, they're the ones we're going to get us into World War III. They're the ones who are going to wait until geographically, militarily and psychologically we're not prepared to defend ourselves they're wrong, one.
Speaker 5: Hundred percent wrong. Couldn't agree with you more, Mark, I want to move to Turkey. You like me very adamant about not providing F thirty fives to Urtawan and Turkey. BB came out right away. He said, Look, I love Trump, I love him, but he can't do this. He can't provide Turkey with any military machinery.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 5: I had a guy in studio yesterday, our dear friend, John Katchmatitis, who loves us both, and he is of Greek descent, so he knows just how dangerous Turkey is. And he said, don't worry. Not going to happen, not in a million years. And I tend to believe that. I think President Trump knows that F thirty fives in the hands of Turkey would be a huge problem for Israel and quite frankly a lot of the Middle East. But but until he says no, that is still kind of dangling out there. Are you worried about that?
Speaker 10: Look, if the President proposes something and he's pushing it hard, I worry about it. If I disagree with it. Thirty fives for Turkey me is something to be opposed strongly. And if it doesn't happen. It's going to be because Republicans and Democrats in Congress don't want it to happen. There is a resolution in place. It can't be ignored that says no. And the reason is Erdawana is friendly with Putin. He bought S four hundreds ground the air missile systems and violation of our rules and violation of NATO. He didn't care. And then he wants F thirty five. So what he wants is Russian defense batteries against jets, and then he wants our top jets. And of course we have hundreds of millions of technology that went into these jets. They're stealth fighters, they're cutting edge, and it would change the balance of power there. It would potentially give this incredibly important technology to the enemy.
Speaker 11: Why do it?
Speaker 10: Why give him one hundred thirty five? This guy is a nationalist, socialist, unfamiliar Islamist. He's constantly threading Israel, Greece, Cyprus, He's constantly kissing up the Putin. He doesn't get F thirty five regardless period, he doesn't get F thirty five. It took us twenty five years to develop that technology in those jets, and we don't give it to one of the most heinous dictators on the planet period. And I'm not one of these guys. Just to be honest, it will never happen this out of there. It takes voices like yours and mine. You know a lot of behind the scenes work people don't realize I do and you do to advance good things and prevent what I consider bad things.
Speaker 5: That's why your voice is so important. Mark Levin joining us right here, the great one, the amazing Mark Levin. You know I saw you retweet. Good friend of mine. We did an event together in the city a couple of weeks ago. Erin Mollin from Australia. She's great, she really is great. And she was talking about Lindsey Graham, so said when he passed away on Sunday. And look, if you're a really, if you're a great American and a patriot, you have to be destroyed over this. I know the people that are celebrating, they're horrible people. And this idea that Lindsey Graham was a warmonger. I gotta tell you, Levin, he's a terrible guy. What kind of decent person would stand up with the Ukrainians or the Israelis. He must have been a terrible guy, right.
Speaker 10: Mark, it's the same damnable woke right neo fascist isolationists to really opposed the United States, to pose our military and poss being a superpower, the number one superpower. Lindsey Graham stood with our allies Israel, Taiwan, Ukraine. Lindsay Gram stood against these vicious Marxist fascist Islamist dictators. He sees ninety million people in Iran, he sees the Jews in Israeli sees Ukrainians under attack, and he wants to help and support them. How is that a warmonger when you're supporting liberation movements, when you're supporting democracies against communists and fascists and Islams. That's not We have to take the language back, we have to take the arguments back. That's not a warmonger. That is a humanitarian. The warmongers are the enemy. The warmongers build up the military to attack us, to attack our allies. They're the warmongers. Lindsey was a humanitarian, and he spoke up for these people, and he met their leaders and he gave them hope and so forth. That's why his passing is mourned by the people of Iran. His passing is mourned by the people of Israel, the people of Ukraine, the people of Taiwan. These are our allies, these are our supporters, and you can see the work right. They're friendly with Katar, They're friendly with Saudi Arabia, They're friendly with Putin. These are bad, stupid people.
Speaker 5: They're not conservatives, well said, bad stupid people. I love that they are, and they are growing in numbers, which makes me nervous, kind of like the DSA and the Democrats. But I gotta tell you again, you and I were in Israel together not that long ago, and we know that country well, so we know when people are lying and all the genocidal nonsense and all the horrible things said about Israel. And another guy that I mind just completely detestable right there with maybe the worst politician like Mamdani in this country is this ass Rocanna from California who goes to Judea and Samaria, which of course he calls the West Bank, and he goes there without telling anybody, and then he makes up this whole ridiculous story like Tucker Calson did about being detained when none of that was true. I loved Mike Huckabee's response to what Rocanna actually did a couple of days ago. But here it is mark another example of a Democrat politician lying about Israel and furthering all these horrible untruths.
Speaker 10: So kind of a few years ago contacted Rich my producer you know well, and said, look, I'm a moderate, love him. He comes out of Silicon Valley. I want to show you I can do both sides. And I said to Rich, he's not coming on. This guy's a fraud. I just sim he's a fraud, and he's a fraud. So he's gone hardcore anti semi anti Israel, anti America. He was a big supporter of this guy, and so forth. Ro kind of there's three zones A, B and C. The Jewish zone, the Israel Zona, C, Palestinian zone is is A and then he is really no man's land. And so what happened was he goes to Juday and Samaria, but he's really hard working men and women are its sparsely populated, uh, and right next door they could have Palestinian terrorist because that's all they do with the terrorism, and so forth, and he goes in he's got Palestinian guides, he's got a very hostile guy. The photographer is anti Israel. These are really pro Haamoque people. I would argue. He goes into this militarily protected zone where he's not allowed to go. He stopped first by some of the people who are there, some of the Israelis. The police come, they talk to him, The IDF comes, talks to him, tells him he's in the wrong place at the wrong time. We have a video thanks to him that that slug he has was with and releases he was not detained, he was not mistreated, he was not abused, he was turned away. And he's lied about this ever since. These Jew haters, these Israel haters, every damn one of them, keep in mind, hates America too. They trash America, they trash our military. They don't want to fund our military, they just voted against it. They trash Israel, they trash Ukraine. These are very very bad people, and the Democrat part. Once it stood for slavery, once it stood for eugenics and segregation. Now it stands for jew hatred and anti Americanism. If you're a blue collar worker, if you're a union guy, and you're a Democrat, you need to get the hell out of that party. They hate your guts, They want to destroy this country. If you're a patriarch, you need to get the hell out of that party because that party is now the enemy.
Speaker 5: Phoebe was on a couple of days ago. We were talking about Mom Donnie, and we all know, of course that he's a raging anti Semite. Mark Levan him is vile, wretched, disgusting wife, his father, his mother, they all hate the Jews. But BB made the point for the polks that go sit and up with Israel, I thought you were America purst, which I am. BB made the point what you just made, which is usually these anti Semites they try to hide it, but they hate America too. And that brings me to BB. Now he's won five of the last six elections. I got to here all the time when people in New York he he's done. It's all over. Everybody hates him in New York, they hate him in Israel. He keeps winning. I don't think that's true. But I did see a poll a couple of days ago where he is in second place. Some guy moved out of him. I don't care. But that's happened before, and bb still finds a way to win.
Speaker 23: Now.
Speaker 5: I saw your Twitter this morning and you talked about the Arabs already trying to make sure that Bibi does not win again. How serious is that?
Speaker 10: The Arabs are actually running ads in Israel against Nedinyanrut Sodirabia, Egypt and one of the other ones. So they want bb out, The woke right wants bb out, the Hamas supporting Islamis, Marxists want bb out.
Speaker 11: Why do they want them out?
Speaker 10: Because it's the strongest leader in the history of the state of Israel. That's why. Because, as the President says, unbelievable wartime prime Minister. The problem in Israel is it's a constant state of war, not because of Israel, but because the surrounding enemies they have there with is so horrific. The fact of the matter is there is a Channel fourteen poll from a poster who's more accric than the others that shows him in the league good. But it's very complicated there. It's like the Italian system, which is stupid.
Speaker 11: Yep.
Speaker 10: And so you got to put these coalitions together. You need to get Ernie Robotsky over here and the Frank Goldberg over there, and you got to get them together and put your team together. So it's hard to know, but he is not hated in Israel. There's some people who hate him, but he's still the most popular public figure in Israel period.
Speaker 5: That's it. And I know you and I both agree that what a special time to have President Trump running our country and a lot of people call him the Winston Churchill bbe Monning is. I know you got to run, but one more for you. You mentioned the Democrat Party, And here I am on forty ninth Street and third Avenue, Mark in a city you know very well, in New York City, which is being run by this Jieh hottist, terrorist artist, socialist, communist mayor of this Mam Donnie, this lowlife. But he's not the only one. And we're starting to see there's nine different DSA people that have won in New York, mark nine. New Jersey's got a bunch of people winning. They're all over Michigan. They are spreading like a cancer. I know they're not huge in numbers yet, but they will multiply. And I'm a bit scared. I'm told not to be because the numbers are not very big right now, but they are multiplying. Shouldn't people be more afraid of what may be ahead of us.
Speaker 11: One percent?
Speaker 10: People don't understand these big communist revolutions were started by a minority. Lennon, about thirty percent of the population sported to me took over a country. Now about twenty five percent of the population supported him. He took over the country in Cuba. It was Castro and about fifty eight euroas.
Speaker 11: That was it.
Speaker 10: With the help of the New York Times, and he took over country. Revolutions don't occur from a majority. The vast majority of Americans are patriotic. They're middle class. They fight for this country, they argue for this country. But things are swirling around. This minority is aggressive. They wake up every morning trying to figure out how to overthrow the country. And remember we're representative republic. So it's not majoritarianism and democracy, it's republicanism. And if they take over the levers of power like a communist grim Ski, an Italian told them top down, not bottom up, you can take over a country, and that is they've taken over our biggest city. How much more do people need to see. They've taken over Patterson, New Jersey, They've taken over Dearborn, Michigan. It's one set at a time. They build these fortresses, they teach you real law. They vote ninety seven percent. The eboms get them out in the Democrat primaries where you get twenty eight percent vote turn out, and they come out ninety seven percent and they win these primaries. I'm elected.
Speaker 11: Is enough.
Speaker 10: Our biggest city in the country has been taken over, and they're depopulating it of Italians and Poles and Germans and Irish and Jews and you name it, because he wants to remake the city.
Speaker 23: This is ground zero.
Speaker 10: Literally, on the twenty fifth anniversary of nine to eleven. It makes me sick to my stomach.
Speaker 5: Seriously. I mean, just imagine we're going to see Rudy Giuliani there, our friend Mark who was so heroic and just amazing, and this guy's going to be standing next to him, Mark Levin, Mam Donnie standing next to Rudy Giuliani. That's gotta be enough to make your vomit right there.
Speaker 10: It is shocking and it's appalling, and as New York is depopulated of people who don't support Mandamie, and this is what he hopes. It's going to be harder and harder to feed him because he is literally changing the demographics and the population in New York, aiming at the Jews, He's aiming at the Italians, He's aiming at the Irish and the Germans and the post He's doing these things purposely, and people are not going to stay. And so what happens. The replace for more islamis the replace with illegal aliens, the replace with Democrats, and these Marxist Islamis are going to run the city. I worry about it a lot.
Speaker 5: Good that I'm not alone because I do too. And I'm told those sid stop the numbers. And if Mark Levan is what I said, you're wrong, thank you. I'm gonna end this when I started this. I love BB and Trump, but you're my favorite person in the world. You're just an amazing You're great. I love you, and you're loyal and you're smart, and man, I can't hear enough from you. Your TV show on Saturday and Sunday, your radio show over four hundred stations across America do an unbelievable job. America is so lucky to have you, Mark Levin, I love you so much, Thank you so much.
Speaker 10: And Sid send to you brother. Your energy is incomparable. It is just very very important. Keep it up and God bless you and all your audience there you.
Speaker 5: Too, Mark, keep it up, and your lovely wife Julie as well, who's a lovely lady. There. He is the all time great, the Great One. That's a perfect nickname for the Mark Leman that just joined me just now six to eight every weeknight right here on WABC, over four hundred stations across America, Big time TV show on Fox News, The Great One, Mark Levan.
Speaker 27: Sid and Friends in the morning on the Red Apple podcast Network.
Speaker 5: I Believe today Liu Rafino, Linda Ronstad hit eighty.
Speaker 9: Yeah, thanks, you gave my age. Now he might as well give her a yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, she's got twenty years on you. You know, you're a baby. You're a baby compared to her eighty lead run. I mean when we were growing up, she was she was like a I don't know, a sex symbol pretty much.
Speaker 9: In the seventies.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she was with that guy Gary Hart, the politician in California, and they were like on naked beaches together.
Speaker 9: No, I don't think it was Gary Hart.
Speaker 5: Maybe it wasn't Jerry Brown. Very good, nicely done. Usually No, No, you got this one right. It was Jerry Brown for a while. Yeah, right, but she was like Stevie Nicks.
Speaker 9: Yeah, exactly right, they were very similar. That's sex symbol in California, Southern California.
Speaker 5: Yes, eighty years old, Linda Ronstad. That's unbelievable. What a show today. Frank Morano, Phyllis and Serrillo did a terrific job talking about Howard Beach, Peter King, and we just spent almost twenty five minutes with the great one, Mark Levin. One more great guess to come. This guy was a big time kicker for many years in the National Football League. He kicked with the Giants and the Jets and the Dolphins, spent time in Arizona, retired, did the on the field stuff for CBS with Phil Simms and all those guys. And now has he's living in Arizona. He's running for Congress and he got a huge, huge video endorsement from President Trump just yesterday. And I'm talking about Jay Pheely. So we'll talk to Philly who's in Arizona, coming up in just a few minutes, so I'll check in with Gabriel, see how date three is going for my son working with Bruce Blateman. I'll check in with Ava, see how her day is going with author right dollars. She's involved in a major, major case. I'll check in with Danielle, and then we'll come back Sid and.
Speaker 27: Friends in the morning on the Red Apple podcast network.
Speaker 5: I remember you used to live on the Upper West Side and it was horrible. My family liked it for some reason. I don't know why. Danielle gave an able not Eva so much, but I hated it. The apartment was okay, and we had great dormen Colbert Perez, I loved him and some other guys I forgot their names. They were great, great, and you know, we were walking distance to a bunch of blown out buildings on Broadway and a few other nice spots. I look at my body shaved at a barber there on one hundred and third and Broadway.
Speaker 9: Did you get that?
Speaker 11: Know?
Speaker 5: Did you get that?
Speaker 21: No?
Speaker 20: Undred and third Broadway? Okay, in case you need to go do that, what is it caution to get your whole body shaved?
Speaker 5: Forty bucks?
Speaker 20: You're kidding. That's actually a pretty good that is that's not do you tip the guy?
Speaker 5: What's that now?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Of course, Hey, thanks for all that you did here.
Speaker 5: No, by the way, I think I'm right with Sully Sulenberg and Bill Rittle. I have no idea where what up the West Side? Just now? How did I start this segment? What was I talking about?
Speaker 9: You're talking about?
Speaker 8: Do you really want to know?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I do want to know.
Speaker 9: You're talking about the Lost Boys?
Speaker 5: The Lost Boys.
Speaker 1: Okay, that was living on the West Side and you hated it, but everybody else, No, Eva didn't like it that much.
Speaker 5: It didn't like it that much either. If there was another reason why I know, great Door, you know their names for some reason? Okay, great one name you. I was about to make a William no tip right, no, Tall, I don't know what the war was going to be. So now I guess can't even continue the conversation about the Upper west Side. There was something important I was about to say, but it couldn't have been that important. Gone now, So I'll just moved to dinner, our great dinner last night, which was not on the Upper west Side. Rather, it was in Midtown on the East side forty ninth between first and second. El Manelo or il Manelo Hill. Stevie's the owner. Great guy came here from Kosovo, was a bus boy and ended up buying the place years later, you know, then he shut it down on Lewis, but then they reopened a couple of years ago and now they're doing great. And you walk in. He's a handsome guy with a suit, looks like a million bucks. Pictures on the wall of him with Bill Clinton, Trump, Bodidl, Mike Johnson, soon to be a picture of him with Sid Rosenberg and Eric Adams. And we had our monthly dinner there last night. We have it there every month because our great friend Keith Cantowitz Power Express. He lives right around the corner and Keith puts together this dinner every month and it's great. And Anthony Corone was there last night, and so was Joseph Tacapina. We had a nice discussion, the three of us, and I talked to Audi I Dalla two and I do believe that my both dear friends, Frank and Anthony Corone, thet'll be fine. They'll be fine. There's a lousy case. So Anthony was there last night in Tacopina. Andy Albstein, great lawyer here in New York City, has tickets for the Knicks ride on the court. Al Volpi sat next to me last night. That guy owned the China Club. Listen to this cast of people. By the way, Big Asian Chris Mike Kemper, one of the best cops you've got in this city, spoke to his lovely wife Maryland last night. Marty Scheinman, who's basically the Marvin Miller these days. He'll be sitting there for these baseball negotiations at the end of the year. Martadell Louis's favorite doctor in New York City, the great Brad Wasserman, who took his wife and children to see Ariana Grande in Brooklyn last night. Teres Joppry, who's working with a whole bunch of political candidates, including Joseph Fernandez, trying to become controller. She would say, Leslie Dixon, who works with Ryan Soarhan, happens to be friends of Vice and Eb Sanchez, and the big one of a dear friend, Big Mark Mark Oranger.
Speaker 1: That's all interesting, but I want to go back to this poor barber on the Upper West Side. So you pay forty bucks to Does he use an electric razor to do this thing? And how long does it take him to do well?
Speaker 5: First they use the regular razor they will use for your head.
Speaker 1: Ye, oh my god, you're kidding. And then he goes to the sharp one that they take the belt, the leather thing and sharpen it on.
Speaker 5: That's exactly right, wow, on my chest, on my back, of my arms, everywhere. And then he goes with that little it's like a square machine that really gets tight on your head really tightikes. Yeah, doesn't hurt. No, it doesn't hurt and looks great.
Speaker 20: And how long does it take him to do it?
Speaker 19: No?
Speaker 5: Half hour? Yeah? Well, are you like you're considering doing this right?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 5: You know it's a waste of time to go to the gym. If you go to the gym, then you work on being muscular what you want. You're a big guy and you have hair all over your body, you're wasting your time.
Speaker 11: Hm.
Speaker 5: You know you can see every muscle I've got, every vein I've got. That's the whole beauty of it. You start working out, you just get miss but any if you're caught up and you can't see it, especially if you're a hairy guy. And let me tell you this, Okay, there is nothing less attractive, ask Tanya than a guy walking on the beach with hair on his back. Sorry, nothing less attractive. No, you don't care. You're married. What do you care? You're done? I get it's a my, but you know you care about how your body looks. You can't walk around your hair.
Speaker 20: Can you give me that guy's number?
Speaker 5: That's what I thought.
Speaker 20: I need to get a tan to.
Speaker 5: Couldn't hurt you?
Speaker 20: Bright orange. I'll start wearing bright orange suit jackets.
Speaker 5: This is red?
Speaker 29: What is or are you?
Speaker 5: You're like when he tests a verdie. That's why I kept throwing the football the benders.
Speaker 11: This is red.
Speaker 20: That's red.
Speaker 5: It's like an Italian tablecloth, red and white. Don't you see it that way?
Speaker 9: It does look like a table cloth, right, you think it's orange or red? It's not red.
Speaker 5: So maybe you lose. Maybe No, I's right, Maybe I'm colorblind. It's closer to red than orange.
Speaker 11: No, I think so.
Speaker 20: But it's a little orange.
Speaker 9: Okay, got orange lines?
Speaker 11: Next?
Speaker 9: Like the squares are more I.
Speaker 5: Think they're right. I can't tell. I don't know. Yeah, you may be right, all, We got to take a break because Jay Billy is texting men he wants to come on. He's running for congress and Arizona. The former NFL kicker. Trump loves them. Huge video endorsement yesterday. So Ja Bialy, former NFL kicker, back on Sid and Friends in the Morning, Sid.
Speaker 27: And Friends in the Morning on the Red Apple Podcast Network.
Speaker 8: Big Hello to Arizona.
Speaker 17: There's an incredibly important election coming up in your state on Tuesday, July twenty five, and I'm asking you to go out and vote for Jay Feely, a friend of mine and a great athlete, to represent Arizona's first congressional district. Jay's a true American, first Conservative and a natural board leader. He was elected team captain on three different NFL teams. That's pretty good. Jays a winner and he knows how to win. He's going to win and he's going to be great for the people of Arizona. Jay will vote to cut your taxes, slash regulations, bring down the cost of living, and forge the greatest economy in the history of the world. We are doing better now than we have ever done in history. We have nineteen point two trillion dollars coming in. That's sixteen trillion dollars more than ever before, and it's really special, and.
Speaker 8: Jay is going to help us keep it going.
Speaker 17: So go out and vote to keep our southern border secure, protect law and order, strengthen our military, defend our veterans. And he will also help you support what we call the Save America. We have to get it enacted. He also has my complete and total endorsement without reservation.
Speaker 8: So go out and vote for Jay Phelly, the next.
Speaker 17: Congressman from Arizona's first congressional district, on July twenty first, thank you forty eight yards.
Speaker 9: For Peely to win it, explaining he.
Speaker 19: Is gone.
Speaker 5: This amazing NFL career, which he started. Before that at Michigan Leeby was good buddies with Tom Brady. But now he's doing his most important work. He will be the congressman in the great state of Arizona. Trump loves him, Sid loves him. Here he is Jay Peeley, JA, good morning, buddy, how are you?
Speaker 29: Good morning? Said that is the greatest intro of all time? Right, I don't think it gets any better than that.
Speaker 5: I know it really is. You get Trump. You really can't beat that. And then a game winning field goal, which you had many to beat. I think you beat the Bears. I forget it was Dallas. You beat Dallas with Arizona. Yeah, what a what a core? Are you?
Speaker 11: What he did?
Speaker 29: I gotta tell you, you know, I was a little humble because I got on with your producer when he answered when he called me and he said, you know, hey, Jay, I'm a big fan, like I watched you growing up as a kid. And I was like, well, oh, thanks a lot.
Speaker 5: That makes me feel really really old, I know, I know, and they throw that word legend around with me, like, I go, radio legend. I've seen it in newspapers and in interviews, and I go, all that means is I'm old, Like you know, right, you never here a young guy being called a legend, right, that means you're old basically.
Speaker 19: Now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, going back to your days at Michigan, you were friendly with Tom Brady, right, Tom and.
Speaker 29: I were there for four years together. Yeah, and then in the summers we roomed together at times, and you know it was just he was awesome. I mean, back then he was just Tommy. You know, there was no Tom Brady, you know, and he was just for a while, he was our six string quarterback, and then he was the backup and and he actually for me at Michigan, you know, so for a while his most important job was being my holder, not being the quarterback.
Speaker 5: Right because I think Hankson was actually a quarterback at the time.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 29: Well, yeah, yeah, Brian Grease he started, and he and Drew kind of split time when they were there, you know, and Tom Tom would played the first quarter, Drew played a second quarter, and then Lloyd Carr, who was our coach, would make the change at halftime to whoever he wanted. But you know, you could see some of the elements of what was going to make Tom great. And the biggest thing that you could see was his leadership ability, you know, And that's what made him special at New England is is one he you know, he was going to work harder than everybody else. But two, he had the humility to be able to allow, even when he won Super Bowls, to allow Bill Belichick to be so hard and tough on him, like like Bill was brutal to him in those locker rooms, yeah, you know, and when they were in the team meeting rooms. But it set the tone for everybody else. If he's going to talk like that to Tom Brady, to hold him accountable. What's he gonna do to me? And you know, and that set the tone for everyone else.
Speaker 5: Brian Greasy and of course he won a championship at Michigan. But Greasy was a quarterback for the Broncos September tenth, two thousand and one, when they beat the hell out of my New York Giants. Kerry Collins, he had gone to the Super Bowl the year before, got blown out by Baltimore. But the NFL rewarded my Giants with the opening game Monday Night Football. And Jim Bossel, my late brand, the great coach he is, to tell me this story I played here every year that when the Giants pulled in from Denver when Brian Grecy beat them the night before at Newark Airport, that is, they were taxiing towards their gate, the plane that would eventually crash in Shanksville, Pennsylvania, was making their way towards a runway. How eerie is that?
Speaker 29: J Phelly, Yeah, that was my rookie year. And you know, obviously I'll never forget that. I never forget where I was standing when we found out when we saw what happened, and then they canceled the games that week, and then we went out and played the next week. I would wearing an Adidas shoe, and you think about the three white stripes of Adidas, right, and I painted them red, white and blue for that next game. We were actually ironically out here in Arizona playing that next game. I was playing for the Falcons, and I painted my shoe for that game. We played that game. I never I never did it again. I have it in my office when I do interviews and you see me in the background. That shoe is still sitting up there in my office. It was the only game I wore it in a red, white and blue and special to me, just like you always say, like never forget. You're talking about the Tunnel for Towers, and I love that organization. I do a lot of their events, and we can't we can't ever forget what happened. Oh we forgot, fortunate, but we did.
Speaker 11: We forgot in New York.
Speaker 5: You forgot it exactly.
Speaker 29: You're implementing and advocating for exactly the opposite things, the things that they that they were fighting for, those people that that destroyed nine to eleven, and now you have socialist in office there in New York that are advocating for those very things, for the destruction of the American empire.
Speaker 5: You just nailed that. Jay, We did forget You can never wear those negos anymore because logic won't allow it. I'm happy to let you do that. Back in two thousand and one, the league has changed quite a bit, the woke NFL. I still love the NFL. I watch every second of the Giants in every game, but they've changed quite a bit. But you're right, we forgot here. And that's why you winning in Arizona is so important for America, for President Trump, for the future of my party, the Republican Party, Young, Strong, Smart, You're the guy, and I don't know where you are today in terms of what the numbers look like, how positive you all leading up to this race in November. Getting endorsement from Trump certainly helps, But what does it look like this morning in your race?
Speaker 11: Jay?
Speaker 29: Yeah, this is going to be one of the most important swing seats in the entire country. There's going to be three to five seats that are going to determine who wins the House and who controls the House. And we know exactly what happens if the Democrats win and control the House. They're going to impeach President Trump right away. The four people that are running in the primary for the Democrat in my race have literally said that that's exactly what they're going to do. The first thing they want to do is impeach President Trump because they don't want him to be able to accomplish anything that he that he was doing and that he's been able to succeed in doing this first year and a half or so in his term, and they're going to try to make sure that he's not able to do that going forward, and they want to peach him. And you know, for me, this seat is so important. It's a Republican seat, it's an R plus one seat, and they're going to make sure that they spend as much as possible to try and buy it. So they're going to spend, say, thirty million dollars on this seat alone. It will be the most expensive congressional seat in the country. It's one of the reasons I wanted to run was to make sure that we keep this seat, and we keep the House, and we're able to continue to fight against this socialist movement. Because that's what now I think the American people are going to see that you have two choices. You have one choice of the rational that wants America to win, and you have one choice of the irrational that is embracing socialism and that want America to lose. And you can look exactly at your governor. You know Kathy Hochel and what she just did. She just did a one year moretorium on data storage centers. And even Chuck Schumer there in New York in the last year has talked about how important it is that we win the AI race against China, because either China wins or we win, and whoever wins that AI race is going to control the world's economy for the next generation, going to control the world's security for the next generation. And by doing what your governor just did, and if we do that across the country and we continue to resist and push back and have moratoriums on data storage centers, that is where the compute ability is. That's what runs all of your AI, all of our phones, all of our Internet searches, all the TikTok and the kids like to use. It's derived from that data storage centers that computability, and all it does is help China, and that's what we need to fight against.
Speaker 5: We need Booce Blateman to win. He's running for governor in the state against that dreaded Kathy Hokel. My son Gable, my only son, is actually working for Bruce. Today's day three for Gabriel. So you're right about Kathy and Mom, Donnie and all the leaders here, and it is spreading like wildfire. People keep telling me, oh, Sid, the numbers aren't big enough yet. I asked Mark Levin, the great one. He was on this show last hour. I said, am I being crazy because I'm actually nervous? He said, no, Sid, You're one hundred percent right. Forget about moderate Democrats. They don't exist anymore. There's no such thing. There are no right that's over. So like, for example, President Trump said j Bially, this guy is not going to push the Save America Act. He said that what normal person, all these Democrats. You couldn't go to Chicago a couple of years ago, Jay and walk into that convention to see that decrepit cadaver Joe Biden without a piece of ID. Chuck Schumer can't go to the library in New York City without showing ID. You can't go anywhere without showing ID. But they don't want to Save America Act. Can you explain that to me?
Speaker 29: No, you can't explain it. And it was amazing when I heard up with Democrats say it'll be very clearly said, it'll be very hard for any Democrat to win an election if they pass the Save America Act. Now, why is that? Why is it that that would make it hard? All you're trying to do is say that only Americans should be voting in our elections, and one person, one vote, and the people that are registered just making sure that it is that person. Why would that keep Democrats from winning elections? It's ridiculous and it's an eighty percent issue. It's something I've been really disappointed about the Senate, the Republican controlled Senate, that they haven't pushed that forward and got it enacted so that we can make sure that going into this election in November, that only Americans are voting and that's only people who should vote in our elections.
Speaker 5: Bottom line, Jape for people that want to help you out, who Giant bans, jet bans, Michigan fans, and even people like Kyrie Lake listening from Arizona right now. How can they help out the Jbaly campaign?
Speaker 29: Well, the best thing you do go to Jfeeley Forcongress dot com. You can go on there, you can donate to us. We have to continue to raise as much as we can because they're going to try to just buy this seat. And then you can get involved. You know, people are coming out. We have volunteers every day. Said we've done in July alone, We've knocked on like ten thousand doors out here and made like eighty thousand calls. Wow, you know, And that's what you have to do. You have to make sure that the Democrats don't outwork you, that they don't outspend you, because we have the right ideas and we need to be able to communicate those ideas and a lot of times as Republicans we don't have the right messengers. Hopefully I can be one of those messengers that that cares about people, that wants to create eqal opportunity, but that's going to stand up for the things that made America great.
Speaker 5: You are that guy. You're a super super super guy, a great American and what a great choice. Arizona is lucky don't f this up, Arizona. Make sure you're listening to Trump and Sid and make sure that Jake Baly wins. And no, remember, we'll bring you on a whole bunch of times before that election.
Speaker 29: I appreciate it, buddy.
Speaker 5: No, of course. Man, you two go out there and I'm sure you're playing golf for something fun today. So have you the time?
Speaker 29: No, no, no, no, it's all it's all election time. It's all meeting people. That's one percent. That's all I'm doing.
Speaker 5: What are you talking about, Brian? Our locker is waiting on the fourth TEPU right now.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 29: I know Ronald Kelly wants to play, but we gotta make sure there's there's the most important thing is making sure that we keep this house and continue to make this country great.
Speaker 5: One hundred percent. Jay, You're great, You're will y'all. We'll talk again very very soon, buddy, great job here today. Thank you so much, you said, God bless you. That's Jay Bielly running for Congress and the great state of Arizona. Former NFL kicker star actually and as you can tell, just a terrific guy. But dune for today. That's it. I hope you enjoyed the program. It was a great one. From Frank Morano to Phillis Censor Willow to Peter King to Jay Peely to Mark Levin. We got big guests coming up tomorrow including Bill O'Reilly and Lara Trump for the great lu Rafino. Amazing job. Today is always Lewis Justin, Elick Noam Leyden, John Terrett, my man Flipping he's here today too, and Tanya, as Jean would say, and Joe Nolan. We love you, Joe Nolan.
Speaker 20: Thanks for listening to Sit In Friends in the Morning. You can hear sit In Friends in the Morning weekday mornings.
Speaker 5: It's six.
Speaker 27: If you like the podcast, share it with your friends and listen anytime at WABC radio dot com and download the WABC Radio app. Hit that subscribe button on all major podcasts platforms. Plus, follow WABC on social on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and X see you next time for a new episode, so you never have to wonder what the heck is going on here.