Speaker 1: Talk radio.
Speaker 2: So I listen to the topic for every day.
Speaker 1: For weather, we're local news for every one.
Speaker 2: I listened on the way home from traffic fifty five KRCD.
Speaker 1: Talkstation ATO six if you bought krc the talkstation. Brian Thomas reminding you that every Tuesday at this time, regular listeners know it's time for the insight scoop with bright bart News. Today we get to talk to editor in chief Alexmarlow. Good to have Alex back on the program. And a concert reminder every time we start Breitbart dot com book market and check it out regularly. B R E I T B A r T dot com honest reporting and reporting. This really well done, Alex. Welcome back to the morning show. It's a real pleasure having you on today here.
Speaker 2: Brian TMD. It is great to be back with you.
Speaker 1: And I love the topic of conversation. You're give me doing an empower You seminar tonight seven pm. Log in from the comfortyr own home. Empower Youamerica dot org. H establishment media has destroyed itself and we can't stop smiling. With a great headline for the topic, and it's true. The polling reflects that no one trusts the mainstream media, and it's like, finally it's sunk in that we're all being lied to and this big left wing, uniform reporting mechanism that is the mainstream media these days, ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, CNN, et cetera. They all spend the same tune in quite often it's a collective group of lies to the American people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's true, and it is a great title for the talk. I'm only the headline guy, but our friend Elizabeth Warren actually wrote that one, so she gets the shout out on that, which is which is pretty fun. No, but it's one of these things where sometimes if you've ever achieved a goal ie. I've never ran a marathon, but I imagine a lot of marathon runners feel this way. I kind of feel this way sometimes if I finish a book, it's the what would you do with yourself with your time? That's a little bit what we're going through right now with bright Bart when it comes to the establishing media, because we have been spending of the many foes we've tried to take on in the sixteen seventeen years or so that we the cinth Andrew Biper launched his family of group blogs, which was what it was at the start. Our number one supervillain was always the establishment media, and now they're so disgraced, they're so discredited. Everyone just makes fun of them all the time. They're such an embarrassment that it really is time for a reset and where we are because they've never been so weak in my entire career in journalism, and it is a absolute delight. I'm so happy it is that way.
Speaker 1: Well as am I and I guess you have to wonder how it is we got from response to what we call responsible journalism, sort of you know, reporting the facts but not offering an editorial commentary. Now it's become constant twenty four to seven commentary, but it's all from the left side of the Ledger, or the vast majority of it. I don't want to paint with the too broad of a brush. I do recognize there is some conservative commentary out there, but for the most part, it's what we're talking about now. This is a consequence, I would argue, of the product of college education and the left in doctrination camp that K through twelve has become as well, they're going to churn out left wing journalism degrees and with that in mind, and you can feel free to disagree with me when I finally let you talk. But what is it to have a journalism degree? Now that we have the Internet, I can go online and I can post observations, factual observations. I could go to a council meeting and report what the council members have said. Am I not a journalist in some regard? What does it mean that a journalism agree? And why are they sort of special you know, gets special treatment. We're all journalists in the same language.
Speaker 2: And then this is the language that Andrew Breitbart would have been very happy to hear about may rest in peace, because he had spoken about this quite a bit. He was not a trained journalist, nor was his original boss, Matrodge, and they became two of the most famous and effective journalists in the history of the country, not just in modern history, but in the history of the country. And without having studied it. I mean, we all have a reverence for good journalism. And I'm not saying there aren't classically trained people who are good journalists. Of Matt Boyle, one of my met reporters, did go to study journalism. So it's not like they around people at Breitbart's staff who don't take the craft of journalism seriously. But overall, when you've got the combination of a smartphone in your pocket and now with AI, which probably poses more risks than the guaranteed benefits, but it is like a junior or senior researcher in your pocket that's able to help you sort out what actually is true and what actually is going on in a record of speed. You do not need any journalism degree, and in fact, if you're spending money on it, you're probably wasting the money, and you're spending a lot of time getting indoctrinated by left wing activists who are trying to mold.
Speaker 1: You exactly, But honestly, that someone could go in let's say politically neutral into college and come out the other side a left wing activist that suggests that that person is not capable of critical thinking, logic, and reason, that they're a mold of clay, that they allowed themselves to be molded into some college professor or collective group of college professor's image.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, this is what the schools, and this isn't just JA schools, it's law schools. I mean, it's really even schools and heart sciences. It attracts the type of people to the profession of teaching that want to indoctrinate people. It's what it is, and it's when these people want to indoctrinate other people. It is a risk for families that are thinking of sending their children there, and it's a risk for you as young people who are impressionable. Just know that they're there specifically to change your mind on stuff, and so you need to be very cautious. And a lot of people when they enter these schools when they're eighteen or nineteen years old, they just don't have that maturity to discern that there's probably a lot of good information in this class. But the person who is talking to me might be a good person, it might be an interesting person. They will presumably be at least a somewhat knowledgeable person, but they're trying to mold you into something. So what are they trying to mold you into? And all the evidence suggests from decades of history that left wing activists is what they're trying to mold and it's time to reject it. But the good news is it feels like we finally are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people are waking up to it, and of course many people are now saying that, listen, I'm not going to bother going into debt to go to college. It's a pointless exercise to get a worthless degree when look, the trades are welcoming people every single day and provide you with a lifetime career and sufficient earnings to raise a family. You know, you describe those that are motivated to go to and become college professors, it sounded to me much like politicians. Those who want to be powerful and lord over and make decisions on behalf of the unwashed masses, quite often gravitate to politics. There's a nefarious component to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, certainly they are almost all political actors. In most of the schools that are not hard sciences, that don't require some sort of data, that don't even you know, the peer review process is sort of broken. But at least in medical schools and stuff you do, at least you're at least opposed to pay homage to the scientific process and to the concepts of trying to have your theories be testable. It's just not the case in law schools and jay schools. I mean, you can just go through stuff and just basically talk crap for lack of a better expression, and you could be elevated for it if you're skilled at a talking crap. I mean, that is what it is, and it's but I think people understand it. And you made an interesting point about going into traits. If you want to do journalism and you're in in high school, you're probably better off immediately starting to do journalism, trying to track down a big story in your community, trying to find an internship with a figure that you like, trying to develop skills that maybe older talented journalists need that maybe they're not going to be as savvy with some of the technology, something like that. You're really better off doing that on your own and paying a bunch of money to go to journalism school. Because I'll tell you, if I'm looking in to hire a reporter who's twenty three and when's jaschool or is in j school, or is eighteen and is super hungry and will do anything with a smile on his face, I mean, it's a really tough call, and I'm probably airing towards the eighteen year old who's got the energy versus a twenty three year old with a degree.
Speaker 1: I don't really care about my guest today editor in Chief Alex Marlowe giving us the inside scoop again the Empower You seminar, which is it's tonight on journalism generally speaking, empower Youamerica dot org. You can log in from home and enjoy the conversation. I guess I have to ask you, what's Alex journalism as a field of study in college. I'm wondering what value it even provides? What argument can be made that you should go and pursue a journalism degree because it all seems to me to be logic and reason. Are you capable of putting together sentences? Do you understand how to structure an ar a breakdown the who? What? Where? Or when? Can you report the facts? Are you going? I mean, anybody can be an editorialist, but in order to just be providing information to the public in a journal with journalistic integrity, isn't that just simply a question of telling the truth and putting things together in a readable fashion? What more can you learn in journalism school? What's so special about?
Speaker 2: There's nothing? The only thing is someone And we again we have people at very part who have been in journalism school, so it's not. We have others who watch know college at all, so we have everything in between, right, it's the we don't. I don't. I don't know what they learn in journalism school to be honest. Okay, presumably you get some sense of journalistic ethics, but the I feel like the least ethical people in all of American media are one who study journalism. So I don't think that's a good reason to go.
Speaker 1: Amen.
Speaker 2: I think it's more of an indication to potential employer that you're serious. That's all it amounts to, just to be not to be snarky about it, but to be literal. I think it's that's all it said. And the signal is that you really are committed to doing to doing reporting, and that's it. But otherwise you're better off as being a smart, savvy person who is willing to work hard and is unafraid. That is the number one quality that I'm looking for is people who are willing to call out the bad guys, whoever they may be, in a fearless way.
Speaker 1: Amen.
Speaker 2: That's yeah, that's my number one, two and three criteria.
Speaker 1: That's a wonderful way to summarize that. Being able to call it the bad guys in spite of social pressure and what you perhaps open the door to, which is in this Internet age and doxing and anger and vitro, which seems to come out of nowhere in the minute someone bucks the system. I think that's a profound way of putting it. And you know, I CBS, this is so funny. I'm serious. The sixty minutes which in speaking of ethics, forty six News and Documentary Emmy Award nomination. CBS got it for that interview of Kamala Harris, the one that they edited to make it look like she was actually more intelligent than she actually is. That they had to come out and apologize the interview basis for the twenty billion dollar lawsuit whether It's Got Married or not, that Trump filed against CBS in his parent company, Paramount Global, that was nominated for an Emmy. Talk about the circular pleasure fest that goes on among journalists, I mean the Emmys, just the idea that it was awarded to CBS. The CBS.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I actually agree with that because to make her look say, am I intelligent? Does deserve some sort of a special award. She just comes off of so idiotic all the time. That's great. So that's actually one place where I'm at the contrarian to the conservative movement. I think I think that absolutely the reason enough for an award, and they do this all the time. There's a tweak going around from a guy named John Hassen this morning. It points out that Pro Publica on A which is a left wing funded group, that they actually do some pretty good reporting, but it's all activists reporting. But they had won a Pulitzer Prize for falsely blaming a woman's death on abortion laws instead of the extreme abortion medication that she was on. And and that's so they've gotten the story wrong and they went award for it. I think about how the Pulitzer got your Times in Washington Post won them for a false reporting about the Russian collusion hoax, and no one ever retracts them. They're never given back, no one ever says a has any humility and Post online I shouldn't have won this and I'm gonna, you know, do something to make up for it, and no one ever does anything like that. So they're all dishonest people. I mean, it's one of the one of the things that's going on.
Speaker 1: Well, which supports the reason why the established the media has destroyed itself when they lie to us, and they they obviously reveal their political biases and what they report and how they report on it. I mean, Alex Marlow, you have seen the statistics on the number of negative news stories about Donald Trump versus the positive ones. It's like ninety plus percent negative versus positive across the mainstream media. Ledger listen. More than the majority of folks voted for Donald Trump. Clearly they don't have that much bias against them if the majority of American people he won the popular vote, and yet here they are perpetuating all of the negativity, in many cases lies about him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they do that. I'm wondering where you found the ten percent positive stories, because I want to make sure I breathe.
Speaker 1: That out com Although you're not.
Speaker 2: Weak down, then I guess that's where they are.
Speaker 1: You're not part of the mainstream media.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, but I always like it. I sometimes get confused if they do something good, because then because then maybe I feel like they take them seriously, which is a lot more effort than what we have to do now, which is we just have to point laugh at them and to watch them light themselves on fire. It was such as ack to go. A couple of weeks ago, they had the White House Correspondence Association dinner where all these journalists who are national disgraces, they get together in DC to fancy hotel. They drink champagne, they wear black ties, and they congratulate each other for all I guess the stories they didn't report one year or something, and they lost the election because you know, they wanted Harris to win, and before that Biden they didn't cover very well. So it's fine. I mean, they're all here for our amusement at this point. But ultimately, though, it would be nice if we had fearless reporters who did want to report the news to people. It is, in its essence, is essential to a functioning democracy or republic if you prefer, and we don't have that right now, so it'd be nice to get it one day.
Speaker 1: Learn all about it here, Alex marlow Tonight. Empower you America dot org. The establishment media has destroyed itself and we can't stop smiling. Log in only but register before you log in. Empower you America dot org. Alex has been a real pleasure having you on the program this morning. I hope your seminar tonight's widely attended. I'll look forward to having you back on the show real soon.
Speaker 2: Thanks. It's kind of you. So it's nice talk to brat.
Speaker 1: My pleasure, my friend. Come up an eight twenty one fifty five kr se detalk station, going after work this morning, where Foreign Exchange's gonna drop my car off, gonna get my oil change, it's gonna get my spark plug exchange. Yeah, it's time for one of those X thousand mile major maintenance things break. Fluid's gotta be changed. Yeah, you know, and I'm you know. I was running the numbers in my head my German car. If I take this to the dealer to get all that done, Oh my god, I just can't imagine how expensive it is gonna be. It's still gonna set me back, but I know it's gonna set me back a lot less going to Foreign Exchange for all that work. They're gonna treat me great, though everybody gets treated great at Foreign Exchange, of course. I'm going to Westchester location. Head up seventy five, get off of the Tylersville Eggs and go east. Just two streets and hanging right on Kingland Drive, and I'm gonna be there, and I'm looking forward to having that service done by Foreign Exchange, knowing full well that I'm gonna get a full warranty on parts and service, my car will be fixed to my satisfaction as it always is, and I'm gonna save lots of money. That's the point of Foreign Exchange. Don't go to the dealership to have this work done. Go to Foreign Exchange Westchester location. Find them online. Go to foreign x fore theletter x dot com five one three six four four twenty six twenty six five one three six four four twenty six twenty six fifty five KRC