Speaker 1: Greetings, fellow seekers of the unknown. It's Brian and I'm here today to share something truly extraordinary with all of you. As you know, my journey to uncover the truth of all things strange has taken me on a wild ride filled with incredible experiences and encounters with the unseen, and today I want to share that journey with all of you by introducing you to Hanger one Publishing. Hanger one Publishing is the premier destination for books on all things strange and mysterious, from Bigfoot to Cryptid's UFOs and the paranormal. They cover it all, and let me tell you, the books in their catalog are simply amazing. One book that I'm particularly excited about is The Freeman Bigfoot Files by Michael Paul Freeman. This is no ordinary book, my friends. This is an immersive experience unlike any other. With Hanger One's proprietary immersive book technology, you can see and hear audio and video in the printed books. You'll get exclusive access to the highest resolution, full color premium print pages, over one hundred full color photos, and dozens of exclude jusef audio and video clips that have never been revealed until now. It's a one of a kind experience that will take you deep into the world of Bigfoot. Another book that I simply can't recommend enough is The Bigfoot Influencers by Tim Halleran. This book features candid, compelling conversations with the biggest names in the Bigfoot community and it will give you a behind the scenes look at what they really think about this mysterious creature. You'll hear from researchers, scientists and investigators and get a glimpse into the inner workings of the bigfoot world. And finally, for all of my fellow British Bigfoot enthusiasts, I want to mention Beast of Britain by Andy McGrath. This book is a must read for anyone interested in the cryptids of the British Isles. McGrath has spent over twenty five years researching and obsessing about these unknown creatures, and in this book he shares his findings in current research. It's a journey into the darkness where nobody ventures into the woods anymore and where the many yet to be discovered Beasts of Britain lie. So if you're ready to take your journey into the unknown, to the next level. Then you need to check out Hanger one Publishing. These books are more than just books, their gateways into a world of mystery and discovery. And the best part, you can find their entire book catalog and Hanger one Publishing dot com. So what are you waiting for? Visit Hanger one Publishing dot com today and let the journey begin.
Speaker 2: Now are you reporting? Ah? I got a screen going on here. Something just kidding my dog? Something killed your dog? My dog. We're applying through he or over the trade. I don't know how it did it? Okay, damn, I'm really confused now. All I thought was my dog coming over the fence and they would have dead. And when you hit the ground, I entertaining cars. All I thought was my dog coming over the fence. Reporting. We got some understuffing brawling around out here. Did you see what it was? I'm out here. Look, I'm near the one now now and I don't need anything. I don't want to go outside. He is quite Hello, hit somebody out here? Que thought of a bit about text nine. I don't know, do you see announce the Yeah, I'm walking right dy.
Speaker 1: Before we dive into today's episode, I want to take a moment to talk directly to you. Over the past week, I've been reading your emails, your comments, and your direct messages across our social media platforms, and let me tell you, your voices have been loud and clear. One name kept coming up again and again, Fred from Alaska. You've shared stories about how much you enjoyed his insights, his humor, and that unique perspective he brings to these encounter stories from Alaska. So I've made a decision. I'm thrilled to announce that Fred from Alaska is coming back once again, bringing all that wisdom and First Nations perspective you've been missing. Fred starts off with an interview of a witness that has had several experiences while hunting deep in the Alaskan bush.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 1: I can't thank you all enough for your enthusiasm and for being such a vital part of this journey. But I know you guys are ready to get into it, So let's join Fred and his interview with John.
Speaker 3: Hey, Greetians, thanks for joining me to spread in Alaska. I'm getting ready to start this interview with John. John, I'll turn it over to you and you can fill in everybody on what you've experienced up here yourself.
Speaker 4: Okay, thanks Fred, Fred, I've been talking and I've had a few incidents over the course of my life in the outdoors in Alaska. Back in the early Chevities, the headwaters of one of the rivers flowing into the Yukah not first in the Yukon Bridge, we experienced wood knox and hod bulbs, and at the time we had no idea what was going on. We just weren't sure what we were hearing. We just attributed to what we knew, and that was moose. It was very odd first year that we had heard the stuff, but Schevy were moose shutting in there. We didn't see anything. And the following year we were back in there again, and that year we didn't hear these vocals or anything. But my brother and I were pretty young, were with my dad and woke up. My brother asked me, who was at the fire last night? I said, well, I guess it was dad. He said, no, Dad was asleep and you were sleeping. I said, well, I don't know who it was, and there would be no people out there, and we were very revote. So my dad got up and my brother asked him about it. He who food it, you know his you know tids imagination or whatever. Certainly wasn't thinking anything along the ended about hearing man. And I only mentioned this stuff is because later it all kind of sits in, you know, after you see lifetime of experiences and the writing you weren't more and puzzle pieces start stop it in the board. And I really didn't have anything going on that I could really attribute to that until the late seventies. I was down at Lake Clark. I was working at a lodge there at the lake, oh, and it was anybody around. I would want hike and hide the beach here, like over to a river and it schools five or some fishing or sometimes I set up to the airstrip and there's an old cat trail that went straight away from the lodge back towards Telloklonga Lake and twin Lakes. And one day an pike and this trail away from the airstrip. There was some very odd calls coming from ahead of me, you know, probably a quarter mile away. I didn't have a firearm with me, and made me feel uncomfortable. I couldn't have a wife of me figure out what was making this noise these vocals, so I stopped and listened to it and went on. I probably four in the afternoon. I don't see anything, but it Mamy's. There's still uncomfortable. And I was getting the ways out from the airstrip and I don't know what this is, but it doesn't sound right. So I just turned around and it was like another normal thing. There's only vocals that I heard. It was that one time there, but one of the cooks. I stayed the main building there. I had a room backed up to the woods, and one of the cooks was also staying in the main building. In her ring was the singing wall with minas on. She had a window of her. I can't even tell you how many times she would get up in the morning and tell me to drawing that bear that schaps out a window at night, and I would laugh about it. The bear's told tap on the windows. She was adamant. Just about every night this bear would under her window and just tap on the window. Of course it's dark and generators off, so she just got a little flashlight. She just't never she never claimed to see anything, and I never put two and two together. But like I said later, this old clad that fits in you know like then that I guess it would be about in nineteen eighty seven. It was over dealing him and Fred's stomping grounds. We're going up to McClean River, which is a tributary off the Woods River on your way to think. I was up there, just past the tiling flows where all the mud stops and it turnist and gravel, and I saw an older Native couple pulled over to the bank. They were both waving their hands at me, so I thought they were broken. Of course, she pulled in the sas it can help or whatever's going on. I pulled in with my shifts. As soon as I turned off the motor. He got on the beach shirlook the woman at the mail or both pointing towards the woods, pointing towards the river. That a hairy man had just jumped across the river. I said, what they were just pulling the motion and very out of it about what had just gone down. I walked with the gentleman over to the water and he showed me where it land. It landed actually in the water, and then it ran up and across the gravel and into the woods. You could see the wet marks on the gravel. You couldn't make out any tracks or anything, because the soil was fun enough that you just the rocks and all. You couldn't make tracks, but you could see it was something that had right across there. I believed him, you know, I believed them one hundred percent that they saw it didn't make sense that a moosher would jump that a ground bear certainly would him. Couldn't imagine what else it would have been. So we went up to the clong that dam why fish, and we had no further encounters and no problems. And I always flogged back. In the back of my head, I always thought about that when I went to they went to the Google Walk or they goole put fishing, you know. I always thought about that couple. I rang each other on the flung, but down there he never really saw anything. Didn't hear anything up there either. Then about twenty fifteen, I happened to be hunting down in Monahan's Wall, was the back off of the Dowley Highway, so we can't hold it was down in the flash sheet, all five six miles from the road. I was down a long roll down there, just glassing. They had a fellow with me and he had shot a caribou we had processed as cariboo. It was all order laid on the tarp there, all ready to go, and we were getting ready to hold it out. But just before we left, we said, you should want to look at the rouse. I'm glassing down show. There's a dark swarm among this small little mild out there in the flats, next to a sure tree. Look like a shasquatch. It was the backside of it. I mentioned to this oh I was with. I said, well, have you ever seen a shacksquatch? And he said no. I said, well, I think there's one stand in there. I told him where. He looked through his binoca were said. He didn't say much. He just kind of sure, they don't know what that is. Was like I had a really good pair of anoes. She did very well, and he quit looking at it. I think he wrote it off as a stump or something. I didn't even say anymore about it. But I kept checking this thing and watching it, and I swear I could see hair, you know, I was about a ninety eight percent convinced that that's what I was looking at. They could see the arms in the back and wait, I mean, everything was there. I looked away, looked back and it had walked off that mound. It was barn and I said, oh, that cenisquatch just walked off. And he looked over it and he said, are you sure you're looking Rice Clint. I said, yeah, there's no doubt. There's a tree right there was standing next to it's right there. Plane's dead. So that was the long range sighting. That was probably least six hundred yards down there where it was. It's backless to us. It never knew we were there right.
Speaker 3: That area has a whole bunch of just on my channel alone, there's a whole bunch of people from up and down that De Nale Highway there that have shared their experiences. I mean, if it fits right into place, Mona Half Flats isn't all that far from the McLaren River Sweet Lakes, I mean, as the crow flies, it's not that far from like Triangle Lake area, you know what I mean, It's right just right down the road.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I really appreciate this back of the year. You're doing that thing gram too, because I think this stuff goes on so much and NOBE talks about it and now ladies and bults start coming forward and it gets that map populated pretty well. I went on with life until about it was the twenty seventeen that everything really changed for me. You got contacted by an engineer in Fairbanks that takes some other engineers from out of the century. I think. He said they were throwing, he was dealing, and they wanted to go on some old mine and look at some old mind equipment they had there, you know, just relic stuff, but a sill at the location. And I had the equivalent particulate at a machine that all these guys. So he asked if I would do it. I said absolutely, yeah, we'll do that. So they came, and then we go and we get into this mind. Well they all get out of the machine do to look at this equipment, which I had seen many times before, and I'm really getting seen any reason to walk over there with it. Well, I just sat on the machine. I think I had some coffee, and I'm sitting there and just copping a glance to my right. Down on the ground just outside of the machine, I saw a set of tracks and I instantly did they were sasquatch traction. Later that day I came back to the location measurements, but I don't say anything to these dayes. I didn't want to start a bunch of motions. So they came back and they loaded it up, and I held them back and get into town. It wasn't real far, but it was mighty and swampy, but it wasn't the great distance. I got them all back out and I ran home and got camera. It came back, went in by myself. I want to photograph these tracks, get some measurements and see what was going on there. But in the tracks for seventeen at quarter inches. The one place I could get a stride measurement on heal the deal the leave was fifty eight inches. So I get to shrimping around and these tracks looked like to me there at least ten days old. I move up the trail a little bit and you're if I had another ship. I mean, they're really really fresh tracks. They're new, but it's the same individual or one with the same ejexcize foot. I get to think, and I thought, you know, what would happen if I brought some staff up here and put it down in the wood. It's just some trinket type stuff, and see what would happen if they would take it, or if I could get them to come around, I can find some more tracks. It's just spinning. You want to end the realization they things are real. I can't stand no. If I got to know, so I get to see the things from holder. I think it started out with like the molers from a moose, coil of red hair org I know. I looked at some pictures last night. It was a very break from a moose that I got boiled up in a shop. I take these three items up there and I find, know a birch log that's down. It's kind of an obvious spot. Put these three items on the walk. I waited a couple of days and went back and everything was gone, which you know doesn't really mean them. But I finally wrote a tree about tiller weapon feet up in the tree where a branch had been snaffed off, and it was over that broken branch in a coil. That made my head kind of like, let's going on here, So I thought, I'm going to continue with this is just the forest is leaf letther it's my hype bush cranberries, Whorris walk is in rose hips and it's not really conduced to find a track. It's pretty hard sub straight place. There's so much leaf, glitter, f indor she just can't really tell. But after a few weeks of bringing things up there, no sue, just items and things were disappearing at a pretty rapid rate. I started seeing sending the depressions in the lake flitter that mapped that track that I had seen her. Some of the items were taken. But when they started showing back up U four or six or eight days later, and they took ten days ago, would show right back up there, right on the lock, I thought it might be out or something. So I decided that I was going to go up there. Well, this probably happened in late July, so I had August and part of September that I could mess around of this. And it wasn't too far from where I was living. I could go up there every other day. I thought, I'm gonna go at seven and night, seven thirty seven seven thirty. Try to let them pattern me. If I do it en us, eventually they'll figure out becomes every other day, I mean I would think they would figure it out, right. Well, I started taking stuff up there over the course and the rest of that summer, you know, like I said, things disappeared, things came back. One thing they took was a little kittens mirror like you'd buy a dinosaur for a little girl. It's just reflective aluminum oil. It's not even the mirror, right, but you can see yourself. I can't remember having of those things, but it was at least a couple of those things they took. I never did see those again. I took the cal Chaerribou aunt rap there. There's not a less chairboodr banks closed anyway, and I thought I'll just leave it. See what happens. From the day I took that cal Caribou aunt up there to the day I put it going there. Every time I went, they would move it to another location about twenty feet away and stead it over there. And they put it in the same six spot every single time. Why. I have no idea, right, And during a quarter from that first summer, I started milors to some other things going in there that you know, trees are snapped, all trees are stacked, you know, just real odd, definitely not normal stuffed in the forest. You know, the trees pulled out of the ground that the root headers off, but you know, the Lina has something else. I didn't see anything. I never saw anything. I bought at times that I did hear them. That first year, I was pretty sure that i'd heard a few vocals. I remember it was four days before it snowed. I was kind of keeping track of things and I had stuck in my schedule pretty well. That was the last time when I knew that they were there for sure. They had stacked some poles up along this route and I walked in like a teepee configuration. That was four days before it snowed, and that was the last time that they visited that area that I know of until the following spring. I think it snowed that year. It was like mid October, so they just vacated the place completely that they were strong. I don't know where they list and Jackman kind of they did. They respond the Thiland spring had went up there. I think it was about the twenties to May that I have seen some changes in the woods and what had happened. There were two big cottonwood trees that were logs. I'm sorry they were, but they were birch. They were stuff that had fallen down. But they weren't rotten yet. You could still move them around. These two trees got stuffed the wedge between two other birch. They were just like cantilevering it in this for these two birst trees split and grew out of the ground, which were a good sized birch. These other big trees got stuffed in there, and these logs were in a sixte eight hundred pounds right. That happened about the twenty fifth of May, so I knew that they were back. I didn't troll by they stuff those logs in there, but they were back. So I just carried on. It's what I was doing, just drinkets, bringing them up the log every other day or so. Seven thirty seven was seven thirty. There was one day that it was probably all the way up there, towards the end of July that I was scheduled to go up there in that day and I couldn't go because we had something going on that night. I told my wife, I said, well, I'm going to go up there now. It's two o'clock in the afternoon. So I go up there and I get to the log. I can't remember what was moved that day, but for some reasons move because I was kneeling down and one ding on the ground, just kneeling down. I'm starting to do whatever I was gonna do, put stuff back on the log, and I thought, moving out of my left eye. Just off to my left, there's a heavy cor ump of diving willow there, just real thing I could, especially this wax sheepe around this time in the wall, and I rolled my head to the left to look at it. Gets the sask watch. It's about five ach maybe aired forty pence, you know, a want separating. That's when he came around that brush. And as soon as he saw me, he stopped and I stopped. And all we did was look at each other and looked, you know, right in his face or any sign of aggression. That's what I was watching for. They did have a pistol right just as cold. They did not see any aggression whatsoever. It's just simply a stoic stare, you know, just watching me. This went on for maybe four or five seconds. It's all not very long ago. I rose out to standing height. When I did, he apparently didn't like that. He just turned and walked away. He did hurry. It was just a calm walk away.
Speaker 1: And stay tuned for more sasquatch out to see. Will be right back after these messages.
Speaker 4: The other thing I mentioned to you earlier is that found really odd about the whole thing, besides were seeing a shasquatch, was that he did not look back at me when he started walking away. I thought, well, he's gonna stop, you know, and look bit. But that didn't happen. Some of the interesting things that you know about him were and I did some artwork. I should send it to you, Fred. Our eyes were dark. I couldn't tell you if they were dark brown and black. They were dark. Right, the ashen gray skin, I know it had hair everywhere, but like I increased to the arm and on the knees, I noticed ashing gray skin. You could see through the hair. But one of the things that I really I don't know. I focused in on this, but all the reports I hear, well, there's no hair around the eyes or nose, but this guy had really fine hair on his nose, cheeks and those areas. And I think people were fortunte hair. You were fine, but it was I mean, he suppose I could see it. I don't know. I just I didn't really look at his body. I just kept washing his eyes and was depressing, you know. That's all I was worried about. Was there was any aggression.
Speaker 3: What was the distance between when you stood up and you had that four to five second stare down?
Speaker 4: Was a distance between you it was? I always say it was about ten yards or less. But he was obviously. You know, maybe that's the feature they lose when they hit over. I don't. There was definitely hair all over his face, like I said, across the cheeks and nose. It was fine, but it ins like very short. Felt that was that he walked away. But I thought it was interesting that whole year and a half that I kind of messed around with that. I never saw the track of a smaller shaft watch. I never did see at least literally probably wouldn't, but I would bother at some point i'd put that together, but I didn't. I didn't know it was there. All I thought was the one big one. All I do, right, if he's up, I'll just go to the hand. When the shole. My second year, I noticed they got a lot more vocal. You shouldn't realize there were three of them. They are at set of two. And the reason I say that because I heard vocals that happened at the same time. You'd have one up the hill and down the hill and loft your right. I got used to it. They had this coughing groat. I didn't think it was aggressive. I think it was just let me know they were there. I never experienced any aggression to that point at all. When I ended this whole thing. What happened was I went in. Every one evening had been ready said it damp. I hear them calling more than ever. I mean, they were moving. It wasn't road too. Was one off the hill, one down the hill, one off to my right, and all of a sudden I got this. I never smelled this before, but on this day I did smell it. This really strong musty odor. It had a very very musty urine type odor, extremely strong. It was not on part with like a strong where a billy go, you know how they stink, And it was it was that woud, but a different over. I'm listening to them moving back and forth, I'm smelling the smell. I'm thinking they're all amped up about something, and I'm thinking, you know, and again babies, because I'm in here, so I thought best to get out of there because I had been riding my bike by that time. So I jumped on my bike headed out back to the main trail. I made the turn and I went down there. I had a couple hundred yards and the smell had gone by this point. I just smell anything I run into like a wall odor. So I know that there's one right there. So I walk the bikes up on the bike and they have my camp work. I intended to get some footage less I'm gonna do right, and they start shooting with a camp flor f wind and there's another clock for rush up there, like twenty feet away. I cannot see through it, but I know what every inns would I be. There's a cashwatch behind that brush, because I can smell it. Then as I'm looking up there, I realized and then of going through a metal lap right behind me her tailing else they're right up against the trail. I thought, you know, this is a perfect pitch point. They knew where I was going. I ride it out. It didn't help the same way every time I thought they pondered me. They probably watched me go by the four, but they ran ahead. I'm thinking that there's probably another one behind this healing pile. It's all kind of like right into their trap kind of thing. Right. I got out the bike and I left the area. No other had snow problems. But I got home and they told my wife. I said, I'm done with it. I said, that made me feel real easy. I just am done with I mean, I think I'm playing with you know though, what they're going to do. I don't think they're going to sit around the outlayre tooking, you know, marshallows, that's for sure, and they certainly have the size to be very degerous. They wanted me, so we're all kind of stopped in Alaska for me. Thread After that happened, I backed off of it other than to occasily look for a track or something. And I did notice through just the experience of going up there, seeing those log formations, stick formations that they had made, I know, driving around Alaska and the rest of life hunting and fishing, and I would have He's going to see those in other areas. Now, I just made the metal rot, you know. But other than that, I never experienced anything else after that happened in Alaska.
Speaker 3: I had a couple of questions for you real quick. When you were kneeling with your focus was to your left, when this thing was coming out from the trees. What was the feeling you had? Did the hair stand on arms or anything of that nature, or was it more of a just a whoa kind of curiosity.
Speaker 4: I'm glad you asked that, because I did leave something out, but least first me and eye contact. I literally felt like I had stuck my finger in one tent. I just felt like that, like I literally got shot. Nows it was adrenaline or what happened there, but I felt a jolt of electricity got into my body. I can't explain it. I imagine it was adrenaline if you see something like that in real life and then yeah, you're about let you see it, and especially as such close range it, I just felt like I stuck my finger away socket right.
Speaker 3: I always described it as every fiber of your being wanting to flee, but it's stuck in your skin. That That's the best description I could ever come up with as far as that feeling goes. And you were feeling like there was coordinated effort when you realized that you were at going towards that pinch point. Did you have any similar feelings? Then?
Speaker 4: All myself then was once I realized what potentially could be going down there, if there was one behind that feeling, file was getting out of here in.
Speaker 3: It right right man? Yeah? You know, with the experiences that you've dealt with over the years, do you feel like your intuition when it comes to these beings has been heightened due to those experiences?
Speaker 4: Absolutely? No matter what I do or where I go, I'm constantly thinking of pushing the woods, you know, listally a couple of year your stories, especially that one on the night after the Alaska I've actually spent time on t Chick Lake or Naykuk Lake or do you want to call it. Last time it was up there was there for a week and we were caribou hunting. I didn't have any experiences there at all, But now that I hear your stories, I'm glad I didn't.
Speaker 3: Holy Yeah, And you know that New Yorkuk River man from where tick chickens and it goes the New York Cuk all the way down to the New Sheigag and just above there by Harris Creek on up to Lake Clark. You know that whole area, if we were to draw it into a big triangle, that area has a very high concentration of indigenous encounters, you know, local villagers, relatives of mine. My cousin Nikolai, I've shared a couple of his experiences on the channel before even brought the Harryman up to him. We were talking. I had just started my channel before we hoped the phone. I was like, oh, hey, you got any good Harryman stories? And he goes, yeah, yeah, I do. Have you ever been to the New YORKUK River? And I laughed because he never knew of my experience on the New York Cuk. You know, this was a decade and changed later, like sixteen years later. Unbeknounced to me until he filled me in. There has been so many different people, people on that river drainage, the smaller tributaries around there, that have had crazy experiences. A large portion of them has to do with firearms happen to be used to run these things off. The level of aggression in that area seems to be so high. There's a lot more encounters around gold mining. My experience, we were up there to do some panning, you know, potentially stake a claim. There's all these historical references around mining areas and places rich in quartz, gold, copper. It kind of makes you wonder why these areas with these concentrated minerals would have a drastically different experience, Like the Ape Canyon thing. You know, they were mining, and there's so many other ones that involved miners in these things coming in on them. It's kind of strange. Just speculation, of course, but just things that make you go hmm. I want to thank John for sharing his experiences up here in Alaska. Before I get too cold here, let me share with you what Samantha and Richard shares with us. Approximately ten years ago. Richard's uncle, he has a small little gold claim down by Hope. That place has a long lineage of gold mining, gold panning, and all that kind of stuff, and it also has a lineage of Harryman experiences. What ended up happening is is they came up from I believe it was Wisconsin area. They were newly married. Uncle said, hey, come up, you know, stastue some gold, get your a little nest egg, you know, getting your family started. And you know, Richard and Samantha obliged. They come up with no knowledge of Alaska, only postcards and you know, na geoshit and Discovery Channel stuff. So they were amazed at the beauty. His uncle's operation was real small. He had a pump that he would spray the bank and loosen up material and then take that material in buckets and going sluice it. So he basically had Samantha and Richard just being worker bees, collecting buckets of material for him to run through the sluice and they get a percentage. That's how they had it lined up. Again. This is about a decade ago. One of the trips they were going back and forth together. You know, they had the pump running and other machinery going and stuff where they weren't too afraid of bears. But I guess Samantha had just watched Grizzly Man, so bears were really got her freaked out, you know. So Richard be an understanding and it being new to him as well. They had a camp shotgun, so Richard would have had that slung over his back. On this one particular trip they had made about three or four that morning. On their next trip back, they were going to spray the banks some more and collect some more material at this particular location. Well, once they get to drop off the buckets, Richard's uncle needs a hand with one of the mechanisms that he was working with as far as this slice box. There was some kind of hinge leg or something that was acting up, kept collapsing and messing things up. So Richard was helping him with that, and Samantha figured, okay, she was a little more comfortable. She said, I'll go and get at least one more bucket of the material that's still left there or whatever while you guys are messing with that. So, thinking nothing of it, she heads off by herself and it's approximately about one hundred and fifty two hundred yards to this particular location you can get the bucket fill. She's carrying this five gallon bucket, and she said as she was walking along, the highest bank was off through her left hand side. As she's walking in, she said, it was about six foot elevation above her. The overburden the trees and stuff hadn't been pushed back there, but where they were spraying the bank, the overburden had been pushed back about one hundred yards or something like that. So as she's going along. There's basically a six foot bank to her left, about twenty feet away at six foot elevation above her. There's still trees there, willows and spruce and what have you. It was pretty dense from her field of view. She's kind of looking up. She keeps hearing this weird kind of grunt sound. But she heard something similar when her husband, Richard, was scooping water and the bucket would kind of rub against the gravel at the bottom of the water by this little creek. It would make this wolf kind of sound. So she attributed did the grunting she heard to that wasn't feeling weird until she got she said, about fifty feet from where their shovels were stuck in the ground from when they were filling up the buckets. She said, she got the weirdest feeling, and she thought Richard was sneaking up behind her because she felt a presence. She couldn't pinpoint at the moment, but she turned around and said, ah, you can't scare me or whatever, thinking it was her husband Richard. Well, nothing was there. She was like, wow, I feel like I'm being watched. She said. That's when the hair stood up on her neck and on her arms. She was looking around. She's studying the trees, and bears came flooding back into her mind. So she drops the bucket. Paul's ass back right, she said. As she's running. She's now got the bank off to her right hand side, approximately twenty feet away and six foot in elevation. But she heard a couple limbs breaking as she's running along. I just fixed what they're dealing with. So she stopped, and she didn't know what to say because she felt a little silly being freaked out. But she didn't see anything. She kind of but she heard the branches breaking, so she was dismissing it. She was reasoning it away. So Richard asked, what, jeez, you look like you saw a ghost. Are you okay? You know, just kind of joking around. She goes, well, I thought you were behind me. I felt a presence, and he was like, it's probably a bear. You just wait here, we'll go together. Finishes doing whatever, so he grabs buckets that he was carrying and he follows her and she leads away. Richard said. As they're walking along, Sametha kept looking over towards the trees and He kind of chuckled and was like, you're scared of those bears still, you know they're probably none around here, and started laying out every reason why the bears wouldn't be around with all the noise and this and that, and that's when she tells him, hey, I felt like I was being watched. I felt real uncomfortable, and that's why I ran back. But he was like really, So he decides he sets the buckets down when they get over by where their shovels were, and he was like, okay, well, I'm gonna walk up under the bank there. I'm going to take a look around. If I see anything, you know, I'll run it off, you know, give her a peace of mind. So as he's doing that, he gets out of her field of view, and she said, as she was standing there by the shovels, across the creek to her left, there's another higher bank that goes up and kind of pushes up in the small finger valley that they were near, her attention kept getting drawn off to her left and she kept looking, but she wasn't seeing anything right, So she was just like, man, it's the damn this feeling. I feel like I'm being watched. A few moments later, Richard comes back down the bank and he goes, I'm not seeing anything, you know, nothing out of the ordinary. Well down where they were at, there's a lot of moss and tundra in mixed within the trees, right, just like a lot of places around here, So he couldn't make out any tracks. Like Richard said, he was not a tracker. He's not from Alaska. He's not an outdoorsy guy. They were here to make a little nest egg, make a little profit doing the gold thing with his uncle. So he really wasn't an outdoorsman that could recognize track sign and all that kind of stuff. So, you know, he just chalked it up. But Samantha lets him know, hey, I keep getting a feeling from across over there something watching me. And he goes, okay, well I'm going to to stand with my back that direction, I'm gonna talk to you, and you just pretend to look at me, but look over my shoulder and look around right. And she thought it was odd. She was like, where you get this idea? And he goes, well, let's just see if someone's watching us, they think we're talking, maybe they'll move thinking you're not watching. She went along with it, so she had to kind of back up the little hill a little ways because Richard was much taller than her, just to see over his shoulder, because at first he was his blocking whole way, you know what I mean. So she backed up a couple steps up onto this little rise and she's looking. She's about even with Richard at this point. She's looking over his shoulder. At one point she thought she saw a movement, and then she kind of came forward a couple steps because she was a few steps away from Richard. She's like, right over there, and he turns around. She's pointing he's not seeing the movement in the area that she had seen it. She was trying to point out that there's a small tree next to a small looking pine tree that looked like a Christmas tree, and the movement was in between there. So she keeps trying to explain him, and I understand for Richard's sake here there are several spots along that opposite bank that matched her description, so he's like, be more specific. So she picks up a rock and she chucks it across the way there in the direction that she's talking about because she was flustered. Well, she threw it pretty good because the distance was approximately thirty thirty five yards. The way she threw the rock, it hit and took a good bounce or two and then slid and was literally in the direction she wanted to point it. So she was like, yes, you know, she was stoked. She pointed out to Richard c in that direction between that tree and that tree, and he starts looking. He's got the shotgun slung over his shoulder. They're there to fillip some more buckets. He's looking. He sees movement, but it's blending in. It's almost like the shadows were moving, but he couldn't make out an outline. He couldn't make out anything. It just looked like shadows were moving in between the trees. This is in the morning hours. The sun's up. It's not like it's dark or dusk or real early in the morning where it's really dark in the trees. They're shadowing, but it's not dark enough to where he shouldn't make out something. So he's kind of bewildered by it, and he can't make anything out, so he dismisses it. He goes, look, it's just a shadow movie. She's looking and she goes, that's a guy over there. Now he's looking in between the two trees where he saw the shadow initially. Well, she's looking past at about ten fifteen feet where the trees get denser, and he starts looking again, and sure enough he sees the figure of a dude, and he's like, hey, hey, starts yelling Hey, you know you're on private property. You know you're not supposed to be over here. You go to your own claim. He thought it was one of the neighbor miners, just kind of peeking in to see if they're getting any good paydirt or whatever. So he immediately chalked it up to a creek. So he you know that creek they're drawing water from, and stuff wasn't all that deep, and he had on hip boots. So he starts walking across yelling at this guy. Right once he clears the water. Richard said that everything changed when he was coming at this thing aggressively and crossed that water threshold. He said, the woods where this thing was standing exploded with noise. He said that one of the trees that it was like kind of between it reached out and snapped it right while I was looking at him, snapped it. Then the thing stood up. So this thing was squatted down and it reached out and broke a tree. He said that tree had to have been eight foot tall. So this thing stood up. And now understand, this thing was on a little bit of a rise. It wasn't just on level ground with Richard, so when it did stand up, it was towering way over him. He had covered about twenty yards of that thirty five yard distance across there, so he is literally looking up at this thing, and he said it was massive. Once it broke the tree and stood up, it ripped off the top of that tree and threw it at Richard right now. He said when he threw it, it was more like a lazy toss, but it was very accurate because it landed right at his feet and kind of knocked him forward a little bit. He jumps up, starts back, and the way he's trying to unsling the shotgun because he's got it first style around. As he's doing that, this thing starts walking off to Richard's left and going kind of up the hill back up towards out into this little finger valley where this creek was coming out of He didn't know what to do. Richard said, he wet himself. It was so spontaneous. It wasn't like, you know, I'm scared, I'm gonna pee, he said. It was totally involuntary. It just happened right well. He starts backing way, unslinging the shotgun and this thing. He lost sight of it, so immediately him and Samantha they take off. Now, when they take off running, he's still fumbling with the shotgun, trying to make sure it's loaded. They had a couple of rubber bullets before it got into slugs, so he's popping those out and trying to hold on to him as he's running. He was so uncoordinated because he was so spooped and freaked out. He just dropped those and slid a slug into the chamber and put it on safety. Samantha's behind him. He's much taller, so he immediately got the jump on her. When he took off, Ronnie, he caught himself and stopped. Samantha was about ten paces behind him. As he turns around to look back where the shovels were, he's seen this thing squatted down, just kind of watching. He said, it had an ashen gray face. Its eyes were real big but dark. He couldn't make out any whites of the eyes. He said, the hair looked almost pitch black. It was basically a big mass.
Speaker 1: And stay tuned for more sasquat jotasy. We'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 3: Because of Samantha obscuring his vision of totally viewing this thing, because she was running at it, you know what I mean, he couldn't get a full visual. He immediately let her pass him, then turned around and started running behind her. He said. As they were going along, they still had a good one hundred yards through this brush to get to the clearing where his uncle was doing the sluicing. He said he heard off to his right hand side crashing and breaking. When they got up where his uncle was, he turned around. He raised the shotgun because it sounded like it was right on top of him. When he did that, his uncle was like, hey, don't shoot, don't shoot, don't shoot. Richard's like, there's a monster. It's chasing us. His uncle continues to say, don't shoot, don't shoot, don't shoot. His uncle comes over and he's trying to calm Richard down. And he's looking in the direction Richard is. Richard said that this thing looked like it crawled up into a better viewing position, was almost like doing a push up to look over the little berm off to their left hand side where they were looking to get a look at depth. His uncle was dump out. He was like, what the you know, what the fuck is that? So they're both standing there and they're having this kind of a Mexican standoff type deal where Richard's looking and pointing the shot. Richard said that this thing just looked genuinely curious. Was just kind of doing the head back and forth side to side like a dog would, but looking at him. As they're doing that, he said, it seemed like time stood still. He said he heard nothing his uncle was saying at that, And I guess his uncle, according to what Samantha was saying, was telling him, don't point a gun at it. Don't point a gun at it. I don't know what it is, but don't point a gun. It looks like a man. So Samantha was already on the other side of the sluice box kind of squatted down, looking at everything unfolding in front of her. She said that once Richard lowered the gun just a little bit, this thing stood up, turned, came down onto the trail, and then took back off, going the direction they just camp from, running down the trail this time right and plain view of everyone runs off. So they're all stood there, just stuck, like what the hell is going on?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: Well, there's this guy about fifteen minutes later, because where the sluice was set up was near the road, this particular guy coming by a little while later always stopped in to check on Richard's uncle. He pulls in and they're all still shook. Richard was smoking a cigarette with his uncle there. He was telling him everything that happened. This guy that came into their little camp came over to talk to his uncle and kind of over heard, and you know, his uncle starts explaining to the guy what just happened. The guy was like, oh, we call him the big one. Everyone was blown away. What do you mean the big one? He goes the biggest one of the group, and they're up and down in through here. You know, just be aware, you leave them alone, they'll leave you alone kind of thing. Well, immediately Richard's like bullshit. It threw a piece of tree at me, but it was stocking my wife. What do you mean, it'll leave you alone? He took that tone with the guy, and the guy was like, look, just leave it alone. It'll leave you alone. They weren't accepting that, you know what I mean. Long story short, as far as them packing up and leaving, they stop. They made it not very many days, just a few days. They made it doing that with their uncle until this incident happened. You know, they were just getting the hang of it from what they were saying. The uncle was still nice enough to share. God bless him. He since passed, but he was nice enough to share the gains from while they were there. I want to thank Richard and Samantha for sharing that. Again, this is down in the Hope area. There's a lot of people that have these experiences out there, like John from the interview yesterday. It's almost finding Waldough. You know where's Waldough? You spot him in those little puzzle books and stuff. But once you figure out what Waldo really looks like, you kind of easily pick them out as you go through, you know what I mean. It's almost like that, once you see one of these things, it almost makes it easier to see him. I don't know, it's kind of weird, just an observation. So this happened outside of Cordova. Prince William sound. Brian and Derek really good buddies, longtime buddies, love blacktail hunting. It so happened they came across some property right on the water. It was about ten acres or so. Brian wanted to go check it out, so he got a hold of Derek. Derek was game. They decided they're going to go two birds, one stone, check out this property, also get some hunting in right. This particular property had a little cove. It wasn't necessarily a safe cove, but it was doable, you know what I mean. If he did get it, he would have to drag his boat up on the shore and whatnot, and you know, deal with the tides and stuff like that. But it wasn't like a safe harbor, but it was a cove. It would be the only cabin if he built one in this particular area. So from what they said they had planned on they usually went hunting for about a week, regardless of looking at property or not. So Brian said, when they got there it was eerily quiet. There was no songbirds, there was no squirrel chatter, there was nothing. It was just dead quiet when they pulled up. So they double check coordinances and made sure they were in the right spot, and they were. They started looking for the markers that had been placed, boundary markers and whatnot. So as they're going through, Derek tells Brian, man, I feel like I'm being watched, you know. Brian's like, well, just keep your eye out. They were both armed. Derek said that he was carrying a ten millimeter Sema Otto had extra mags for it. He only used a two seventy wind mag for blacktail hunting, which is sufficient that are black bear regardless, there's plenty enough rifle for what he was looking at. Brian three hundred win mag get a nine millimeters pistol of some kind. He didn't elaborate. They're going through, they're checking out this property, they're checking out the stakes. Everything's lining up. They're liking the looks of it. Brian's getting really stoked because he'd been saving money for a while for a little vacation property, a little getaway property, and it was looking great. I mean, the views from where they were standing were good. They were just enjoying the hell out of it, right, So he made a mental note, I definitely want to look into purchasing this. That being settled, they continued on with their hunt. They drag a bunch of stuff on the shore. They cut back into this little cubby that is basically a rock base with a bunch of moss around it. They ended up digging a fire pit down to the bedrock which was just below the moss. Basically right, because you got to understand down southeast area, everything's fjored like it comes straight out of the water and starts elevating fats. You can look at all the time upographical maps you want about that area. It's all about the same. This particular spot had about fifty yards of a gentle slope before it started just really getting bonkers on the elevation changes.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: So they're in this little spot and basically they have a rock back drop behind them where they get set up their tent. They got enough space there for a good fire pit that ain't too close to where they're camping, and they're just really really feeling it for the first couple of days, right, dead quiet this whole time, which they were both starting to get concerned about They're like, maybe there's some black bearris we're unaware of in this area. So let's keep our eye out. Let's keep our food in a safe place away from us. Up High, they got the para cord out, they got what food out they were going to eat for that evening. They hung their cooler up from a tree way up high, had the line running away to another separate tree that was unaffiliated with where the cooler was at. You know, they were smart about it. So the first couple of days was dead quiet, no game, no signs of game. All the tracks they came across were old, not even sign of bear. So on that second day, Brian was up in this one spot. It was basically a ground blind they made while Derek was down basically beach combing seeing if any deer come down onto the beach and he could bag is his deer like that. During that second day, when Brian was up in this little ground blind they had made because behind him was just rock wall, there was some smaller brush and trees that was just perfect for him to lay some drop dunnage and stuff right there for perfect ground blind. He said, as he was sitting there. He kept feeling like he was being watched. It felt like it's coming from behind him. But he had rocks behind him, tall rocks that were like, you know, twenty five thirty feet in elevation above and behind him. So once a while he would look up and behind him. He wasn't seeing anything. He was just getting creeped out big time. That day goes on dead, Derek saw one deer across this little inlet was poofield was gon. He wasn't going to chase it because he had probably a mile and a half to get around to where he saw it at going by the beach, and that thing was long gone. He wasn't even after it. It was like that's just way too much, especially after a long day of going back and forth. Derek said he spent a lot of that day sitting on rocks just inside the brush line, just kind of watching the shoreline for any sign of anything dead. Quiet. So that night, their second night there, from what Derek said, Brian was beat because where he had this little ground blind, it was work to get up there. It was above a game trail by about seventy feet. It basically boiled down to Brian hadn't been in the best of shape and he was paying the price for it. Brian admitted that his cardio wasn't up to par. He was just wiped out. So Derek is out, He's cooking the dinner and Brian's gonna crash a little bit and he'll eat later. You know, that was their plan. So from what Derek was saying, this little spot was us elevated and it sloped away from where their fire pit was, so it sloped down and it reached brush and basically they had a panoramic view about one hundred and eighty degrees or so out in front of them. There's bigger old growth trees around, but they were a little less dense in that area and it's mainly shrubs. But they could see out into this little inlet just perfectly right, and the wind was blowing directly inbounds, so they were blocked. Their fire was good, and he was just enjoying the scene. Dead quiet. Now, like I said, where they were camped, it was about twenty five thirty foot up sheer rock, and then there was a little bit of a cliff and then more trees started and stuff. So as he was sitting there, he was paying attention to the fire, kind of not. They had a little tripod deal of cast iron with a kettle on it. He was basically heating up beans and francs. I had an adjustable chain, sover once in a while he was adjusting the chain so it wouldn't burn and stuff. When you're dealing with cast iron, anyone who's worked over a fire with it, nos, you got to be able to elevate it away from the heat to control it. Otherwise you're just going to burn the shit out of stuff. So Derek is working that He's sitting back and just enjoying the view. The fire is in front of him and he's watching the kettle. He's like, yeah, it's about warm enough. You know, the dogs are probably cooked in there by now, he said. Just as he stood up, he saw a branch falling land right in the fire, right next to a little tripod thing, and he was like, whoa. He looked up behind him, saw nothing and figured, oh, that little bit of wind must have knocked a branch loose that was already broken and it just kind of flung and happenstance landed by the fire. Thought nothing of it goes over and starts dishing up into his little stainless steel bowl, and he said he was feeling like he's being watching. He looks back up behind him real fast because he's just getting the creeps right, and he says he saw a movement, but he couldn't make it out. He wasn't sure if he was just turning, and the moss there kind of looked like it moved. He was thrown off by it as he's trying to figure out what the hell, you know, because he's really got the ebgb's, I mean, he's freaking out. So he goes over. He had his ten millimeter on his hip at all times, so he goes over. He had unloaded the round out of his chamber out of his two seventy earlier when they first got back to camp, so he went back over it chambered around in it, right. He wakes Brian up. Brian was real groggy and tired, but he was like, don't be paranoid. There hasn't been even any animals here, so chill out. You know, if anything it was, you know, maybe a lone fox or something that just peaked at you or whatever and just freaked out. Maybe it was a moss, you know, gave him some excuses and you know he reasoned it away and left it at that. Well, it being in the early fall time, our midfall ish down southeast, there's still a bunch of leaves on the trees. It wasn't like, I mean, our leaves fall up here long before there's due down there, right, It's just a matter of you know, going further north and whatnot. So Derek's calms down after a while, he starts getting feeling like he's being watched again. This time he's fighting his senses because he feels like he's just spooked and he's feeling like a little ten year old kid scared of the dark because it's starting to get dark. He's trying to make sense of these weird feelings he's having, and he's feeling like something's watching him off to his left hand side, and every once in a while he'll glance over and he won't see anything. He's getting flustered because it's not adding up, and so he's feeling like, in his words, he was starting to feel like a woofs for getting rattled for nothing. They're in a safe spot, nothing around, he's got guns, you know, there's nothing to be scared of. So he eats, and he said he decided instead of letting his dish just sit dirty, he was going to walk down to the waterline before got real dark and wash out utensils and stuff. And so he wakes Brian up and goes, hey, you want to eat before I clean up? You know, I want to be beare safe, and I want to get this kettle cleaned out. I don't want stuff to stick in to it. I'll put the leftovers in a tupperwar put it in the cooler and all this right, And Brian's like, I'm too tired, just you know, put it up. I'll eat it in the morning or maybe a midnight snack or something. Right. So Derek's like, all right, I warned you. You know, I asked you. So he goes He puts the food in the tupperware dish, lowers down the cooler, puts it in there, drags it back up, ties it back off, comes back up, retrieves a kettle. He could have sworn the big spoon he had in there was still in the kettle, but it was missing. He's like, well, that's weird. Maybe I dropped it. So he's looking around for a minute. Go screw it out, I'll find it. Takes a kettle along with his plate, drops his little bowl in there and his utensil, and goes down to the water. He slung his rifle over his shoulder as he started down the trail. It wasn't horribly dark, from what he said. It was easily light enough to see. He didn't even worry about a flashlight. But it was going on to be getting into darkness real soon. So he gets down there and he's mindful of his surroundings. He's constantly looking around. He's washing stuff out, you know, and he gets it all cleaned up and stuff. At this point, the tide had started going out, so he had to go a little ways to get down to the water. So the rocks were a little slippery and stuff. So he was navigating that, negotiating his way back up to the trail that led up to where they were camping. He said, once he got onto non slippery gravel of the beach, he got the overwhelming sense of being watched again. He said. He was taking a hard look. He was just looking up and down the tree, you know, because it was the cut bank and stuff. With the way the trees were, everything was kind of leaned over and there was a lot of shadowing and he couldn't make out a whole lot, so he just got the creeps. Figured, Okay, I'm freaking myself out. I need to stop. Let me just take this stuff up to camp and i'll call it at night here in a little bit. So from what he was saying as he was going back up this trail, and again it's about fifty yards pretty decent slope, but not as bad as it turned into just from where their camping area was on up the elevation change was drastic, so he's taking his time hiking up there, and because he had been hiking all day, he was pretty tired. So about halfway or so, he stopped and he set the kettle and stuff down with his dish in it. He said it made a little bit of a clank sound, and it was a dulled clank because of the moss he dropped it in instead of just dropping it on a rocket. It clang. It was kind of like clunk. He said. He heard that sound coming from about twenty five feet away off in the brush where he couldn't see the same clunk sound. He said it wasn't quite the same, but it was like an imitation of it, and he was like, there's no way that was an echo. Kind of got freaked out again, picked up that kettle and continued walking. He was he was a little more motivated. He got a little adrenaline rush, so he kicks on up to the campsite. Brian had got up. Brian was stoking the fire when he came back up. He saw him from a little bit of a distance and called out to him, Oh you're up. You missed the food, and YadA, YadA. Brian was just like, you know, going doing this number, like don't talk, you know, going like this, and Derek was like, all right. So he gets up to the campsite, says, stuff down and whispers what's going on. Brian faces him and says, look off to our left, my left, you're right down this hill about twenty five yards. There's something down there in the brush. He looks off to his right and he's not seeing it right, and he goes, are you sure, and he goes, I don't know. I was woke up. Something was throwing small rocks at the tent and it woke me up because just as you were leaving. I was trying to fall back asleep, and that's when it started. He said, well, how do you know there are little rocks? He goes, cause I got out of the tent and one of them almost hit me, and it hit the tent, and I saw there was about five or six of these little rocks, just small little rocks that had been obviously picked up from the beach down below. He goes, I thought it was you messing with me, throwing these rocks, so I came outside to kick your ass, and you were in here, so I knew it wasn't you. And that's when I saw that this dark thing, and Derek's not saying what Brian is. Finally Brian pulls him over to where he's standing and points and guides his eyes to this brush where this dark mass was. It's getting on into dusk, so it's really not easy to see what Brian's trying to point out. But as he's pointing at it, this thing moves and shifts and it allows to catch sight of it. Then it quietly moves away, gets into the brush, and they hear a little bit of brush movement and then it's gone. So Derek's like, is that a bear? Brian chimes in with bears don't f and throw rocks, you know what I mean. Bears don't have thumbs to throw rocks. Derek's like, all right, calm down. I'm trying not to get freaked out because when I set this kettle down, something imitated it back. So they're getting spooked. Continue to stoke the fire, and they decide before it gets any darker, they need to retrieve some bundles of firewood they had down at the skiff, and they decided they're going to do it together. Brian grabs his three in a wind mag Derek already had his two seventy. They hike on down. When they got to the skiff, they had a tarp over all their stuff. One portion of the tarp because they had extra fuel cans, they had some extra gear and stuff still in there that they weren't gonna need, just basically emergency stuff and some leftover firewood stuff. So one part of that tarp was kicked over like someone had been into it. Derek, did you get into the skiff when he came down to do the dishes? And he said no, So they were both intrigued, they start looking around. Derek said, when he pulled the tart back in the spot where the firewood was, it made that sound. There was an imitation of that almost immediately from the brush right behind them, about less than forty feet, he said, creeped him out instantly. They turn around. They got rifles point in that direction, their flashlights they had left up in the tent because it was dusk. It wasn't dark enough to really justify a flashlight at that point. You know, they'd only plan on grabbing the firewood and getting back, so they're immediately spooped. They take a few minutes they calmed down. Derek said, he grabs the firewood. Brian's gonna watch his back as they packed the firewood back up to their little camp. So they start back up, and the whole time they keep looking off to their left because that's where that sound of the tart came from.
Speaker 1: And stay tuned for more sasquatch out to se right back after these messages.
Speaker 3: He said he thought he heard it another time when he was fixing the tarp after grabbing the firewood out, but he couldn't be sure because he was really spooked and he didn't want to hear something that he wasn't hearing kind of thing from being hyper freaked out. So they get back up there to their camp and from what Brian said was Brian was tending to the fire. Derek had gone into the tent to retrieve some headlamps and a big floodlight. They had a spotlight like flashlight. When he was in there, he was looking for it, calling back, hey, which bag YadA YadA. Brian said he was looking back down in the direction at this point of where this sound came from the high strangeness, and he said he saw what he thought was a black bear standing up on two feet and then dropping down onto all fours. He said he saw it once or twice and was like, wow, you know, that's really weird, and then nothing. It just blended in the darkness that was coming on. He told Derek about it when he came out of the tent. Derek spots that, you know, use that spotlight down the hill towards that direction and they just seep brush. You know, they don't see nothing. So they calm down. They start getting real real tired, long day hiking, hiking around checking the property markers, all that stuff was catching up to them both, so they decide, we'll crash out. We'll worry about that stuff in the morning. Let's just be ready. Don't shoot each other, but be armed, keep your farms close, and let's get some sleep. So they go to sleep uneventful evening. They heard some weird noises once or twice, but that was it. The next morning, when they get up, they get up extra early because again they're there to deer hunt as well, and they want to get to spots before the animals start moving and before he gets fully light out. As they're gathering up their stuff and getting ready to do that, they decide to'll eat breakfast when they get back, so no strange smells are scaring off deer. Even though they ain't seen any fresh sign of deer or anything except for the one across a little inlet, there was still game to hut. They get up. Brian, from how he was feeling last time the day before when he was up there feeling watched, he didn't want to go up there, so Derek said, I will, and you can walk the beach and have fun with that shit, you know, you know, just being buddies, you know, talking trash, or whatever. Brian said, sure, So Derek commences to make his way. He said he lost track of the trail once or twice because he had his head lamp on red and was trying to with the moss and everything. It was really hard to make out with the red light versus you know, the incandescent light. So he gets up to this little ground blind right, and again it's about seventy feet off of this game trail that he had just followed and then cut up from to get up to this spot. Off to his left hand side. He said. From that blind area was a pretty good sized old growth tree about two arms length from where he was sitting with the little ground blind in front of him, another old growth tight off to his right hand side, and then some brush and stuff right. He felt he was in a really good secure place. You know, it was rock based behind him. Sat there quietly waiting, he said. As the morning went on, it was just starting to get light up on the horizon, he knew the animals would be moving soon. He kept hearing a weird like rustling sound and he couldn't pinpoint where he's coming from because being up on that hillside. He said, when a sound happened down at the beach. It could sound like it's happening right next to you, but it's coming from down there and echoing around. He's sitting there trying to figure out what the rustling was going on, and so finally he stands up because he's like, man, if I can make out the silhouette of a deer, I'll bag it if it's close enough, and I can make sure I can get a target on it, you know, a good site picture. So he stands up and he looks down on the game trail. He sees a very large mass. He couldn't make it out, but it was not a deer, far too big to be a black bear. So he decides click. He turns on his headlamp, and his headlamp when he turned it on, he said all he saw was eyeshine and blackness, and this thing bolted down the trail right immediately. He's freaked out. He starts screaming for Brian, Brian, Brian. He's concerned for his friend. Where he said this thing was large. He couldn't make out any kind of facial features or hands or any of that shit. It was too dark. It was pitch black, but the eye shine. He saw big eye shine, red eye shine, and this thing bolted. He said it was fast, so immediately he's concerned about his friend, but he's not going to follow the direction this thing went. He is going down the hill as best he can without falling and tumbling over to get down to the beach where Brian said he was going to be right. So, as Derek is coming down the hill from Brian's perspective, he hears the thrashing and crashing and stands up from where he is sitting and walks out on the beach so he can get a vantage point looking up the hill, and Brian said he thought Derek started screaming, But about halfway down the distance, coming to where he's trying to intercept Brian, where Brian's supposed to be, Brian starts hearing this scream and this high pitched wailing screaming. He thinks it's Derek. Derek is freaking the hell out because the scream is coming from behind him. He's not the one screaming. He ain't even breathing at this point. He's so freaked out and he's just hauling ass. He had dropped his rifle, fell a couple times, hot back up, still trying to run. He twisted his ankle a little bit, but he was adrenaline pumping. So from Brian's perspective, as Derek's coming down the hill, he could see Derek's headlamp and it's bouncing all around. He's seen him fall a couple of times, and he starts yelling out to him, this way, I'm over here, I'm over here now. After the initial scream that really started Derek's panic coming down the hill, it screamed again as Derek got closer to Brian. The second scream was very deep, kind of like the air raid siren thing, and then went super high pitched where it almost sounded like a real sharp, long whistle. Right But they knew it was a scream because it started off as a little grumbly kind of yelling, kind of war worked up and then super high pitched. And they don't know where it's coming from. It's coming from the darkness of that little hillside there. They got no clue. They're flashing flashlights, they got their head lamps on their shoulder or shoulder, they got the firearms and stuff. They don't know what to do. They're stuck. They can't believe what's going on. But there's something massive screaming at them, been throwing rocks, been messing with them for days. Just don't know what to make of it. They hadn't really seen anything other than large masses here and there, right, So they decide they're going to go back down to the skiff and hang out at the skiff somewhere where they can hunker down in and look out and around and feel some kind of I guess safety, no matter how far fetched it is the human mind. You'd be happy in a cardboard box in that situation as long as you got some kind of barrier between you and the darkness, you know, so Derek said. As they were sitting in the skiff, Brian was like, why were you screaming so loud at first? And Derek tells them that wasn't me, that was something screaming. The same thing that screamed, you know. A few moments later or whatever, they're sitting there like, what the hell was that? You know? They said bigfoot? At first, they were talking about bigfoot, but they thought that was a Pacific Northwest thing, right, because they never really heard of anything bigfoot in Alaska related, but not that they sought it out either. They didn't give a crap about the topic. You know, it was just not in their wheelhouse. It wasn't part of their day to day life. So it was like irrelevant to them until this happened, right, because they'd been hunting for years, no problems, no issues anywhere they've ever hunted, from the interior on down to the Prince Williams Sound or the Gulf of Alaska. Wherever they went, they had no issues. So they're sitting in the skiff. It gets to a point to where tight's coming in. They only have about forty feet they'd have to push their skiff to launch it and get out of there. So they start during this time as it's starting to slowly get lighter and lighter in the morning, they're gauging, let's do an assessment of what's up at that campsite and do we need it immediately. Derek and I laughed with him because he was like, oh, hell no, I got my guns, that's it. You know, my wallet stays in my pocket. Brian had his wallet. They had all their pertinent stuff always on them, in their pockets or in their vests or whatever. So they did a quick assessment, and they're like a couple hundred dollars worth of gear versus hiking back up there whatever it can keep that gear. They resigned themselves to just wait for the tide to come in a little bit more, wait for it to get a little lighter, and they got out of there. I asked Brian, how did he initially feel thinking his friend was screaming like that? Right, because when a friend screamed like that, you know it's different, even though it wasn't his friend. And I asked him, when you initially thought it was your friend, how did it feel to hear that? And he goes, my hair stood up on end. He goes, I had never heard a human scream like that, But I thought he was mortally injured or about to be mortally wounded. Because of that sound. I thought he was on the verge of dying or something. It was so intense, so loud. I want to thank them for putting in the effort to share their experience. He did not buy the property. From what he said, they never went back to gather up these things. This happened approximately five years ago, or the year before the COVID lockdowns came and stuff, so it was a fall before COVID lockdowns that following spring. Thank you Derek for sharing. You know, I'm sure people will be in the comments or whatever if you fill up to it. I know you know you wanted to remain anonymous. If you respond to comments, you run the risk of potentially being docksed or whatever. That's up to you. Thank you Brian for putting in the effort you could to share what you saw of what happened. Be careful out there, you never know. I'm not trying to scare anybody with this stuff. This is educational. Just be aware. In the Woodsman they.
Speaker 5: Say you.
Speaker 6: Gustay and I don't want to be the.
Speaker 5: World happen.
Speaker 6: Said Chid The chart, that chart everything.
Speaker 5: Can you ride back?
Speaker 3: Ride back and the joy from me? The joy stay right.
Speaker 5: Come in right away. Still stays ss.
Speaker 7: St st st stas still games still stassstsstuss
Speaker 1: M