Speaker 1: Ripped up mad news need advice, so you don't.
Speaker 2: Have come Running's just as fast as you can.
Speaker 3: Shooter's gonna help coming.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 5: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hello, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three O three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 6: What's going on in your life?
Speaker 5: Well? I posted part of what I talked about on the show yesterday about drones and h what I called a DSB. I don't want to get technical, but it's a beacon that we all have to have on our plane that broadcast where we are, when we are, how we are, who we are, all of it, and it all goes out automatically. As soon as you turn your plane on, it goes out automatically. Uh and uh every plane in America, from crop duster to airliner has to have one on there. And all I said was this, How silly and stupid can it be not to require that for drones? Drones or aircraft, no matter how you look at it, flying the same airspace, even though they're not allowed in certain airspaces, how would you ever know? There's no way to identify them, There's no identified and identifiable end number and electronically, that's what ADSB does. It sends out a signal twenty four to seven whenever the plane's on, where you are and who you are, and what height you're at and all that, it sends it out. Now, now, transponders are not like that. Transponders are just when they're swept by radar, they echo. That's what a transponder does. And radar does not cover the entire United States. So when you're out about flying around, you don't know who's there.
Speaker 6: Now, here's the other thing.
Speaker 5: Even if you have radar on a tower, they can see the drones, but it doesn't identify them. The only time you're identified is if you have a transponder or ads B that ADSB beacon. So it's a very simple thing. If you're gonna fly around ADSB, why well why not? I mean, truly, it's such a simple solution. And then register the damn things. People say they are registered, No they're not, not the way aircraft are. Just register them and have an ads becon. And therefore every time you see one, every single time you see one, you can tell who owns it and all about it. Okay, that's my two cents. Let's keep going. Three oh three seven one three talkers our number seven one three eight two five five Katschina, Shannon. Who's in the studio anybody today? Yes, we have I have. We have Deputy Dollar, Deputy Dollar, thanks for being there. We got Depety d over here, good and Deputy d over here and booh booms, oh okay, well thanks, uh she overlooked you there, bo Deputy Bow, Deputy Dollar, Deputy D. And we have Joe Canno on the phone with my Money Myway dot Com. We'll get to in a minute here. He's talking about, you know, putting your financial house in order as you get older. But Samantha's got to near you right now with something we hear about all the time. And I want to be jaded. I don't want you to think I don't care. There are cases where this is a true, real issue, Samantha. What's going on with you? Hello, Samantha, I'm Tom Martino him.
Speaker 7: I'll talked to you a few times, but this issue is really kind of big to me. We have an infestation of black mode and it is so bad that it is at one end.
Speaker 8: Of my town home too.
Speaker 7: There's like four or five town homes connected, and I live on the coal.
Speaker 5: Is Wait wait, wait, what have you talked to me about before? Dear? What what have we talked about before?
Speaker 7: I had a missing daughter at one point in time that was missing back.
Speaker 5: Okay, sixteen okay, So anyway, you're in an apartment. How long?
Speaker 6: How long have you been in this How long have you been in this apartment?
Speaker 7: I've been there for about six months. I've been there since June.
Speaker 6: Okay, And when did you notice it?
Speaker 7: In every shelving in it? So I used to like a starge coboard. I went to go clean it one day to pull it out, to try to get shelves put in the coboard for me to store my food, and I smelled a awful odor of mold. I look up at the top of my cilling and it is invested with black mold.
Speaker 5: So I started discussing.
Speaker 7: The whole house. I couldn't figure out why me and my son can't breathe. We have respiratory problems, and every time we turn the heat on, you can smell mold in the heat. When you run the water, you can smell mold in the water.
Speaker 5: I have Samantha, did you you do Oh wait, wait wait you had the health department come out.
Speaker 7: I had the health department come out. And the guy who came out.
Speaker 9: Used to work for the Coalition for the Homeless and he knew who'll owned.
Speaker 5: Well, well, hold on in a nutshell. What did they form?
Speaker 7: They popped sixty percent moisture with black mole?
Speaker 5: Now, okay, but what did they say? Did they condemn the place?
Speaker 7: They gave the eight issue management thirty day orders. Now it's been a week and management has not yet to come knock on my door and say, hey, when can we said it time?
Speaker 5: Okay? So what what did they say? Though?
Speaker 6: What did they say about the order?
Speaker 5: In the order?
Speaker 6: I mean, what did they say? What did they order?
Speaker 10: They ordered management thirty days to fixt the issue, okay?
Speaker 5: And what health department was? What health department? What health department?
Speaker 7: Public health?
Speaker 5: Okay? Okay.
Speaker 6: So now it's only been a week, It's.
Speaker 10: Only about a week.
Speaker 9: But I spoke to a woman who was on oxygen at the opposite end of my building and I asked her, by any chance do you have black mold in your unit? She said, yes, I have complained to public Health lumors of time. I never had any problems with my house until I moved in this place, and now I am on.
Speaker 7: Oxygen with my son taking care of me. She said, all they did was come in and paint over the mold, and now.
Speaker 11: She has to have her lungs tested.
Speaker 5: Okay, Samantha, I want to get our expert on about this.
Speaker 6: Did you have any mold sport testing done in the air.
Speaker 9: They did not test my mold, but they complainly clearly see it was black mold.
Speaker 5: Okay, let me explain, Samantha. Samantha, I get it. I get it. You're infested with black mold. But let me explain something. Whether you like it or not, whether anyone likes it or not, black mold, the appearance and the presence of black mold is not a health risk unless you touch it or it's in the air. We don't, but I think it might be in the air if you said, you smell it when you turn on the heat. So hold on, put on, hold. She's I don't know if she's rustling around. I have no idea if she's on a carnival ride. Thank you. Let's get Mark Shamanskian to talk about this to see what's happening. Look, black mold's not a picnic. Now, I would say nine out of ten times the black mold is not an issue.
Speaker 6: But it is an issue because.
Speaker 5: It's there and it's disgusting and you have to have it cleaned because you can't touch it and you can't disturb it, so you don't want it there. You definitely want to eradicate it. But eradicating it sometimes, Samantha, whether you like it or not, is painting over it. That's right. You kill it and then you paint over it and people think, oh no, we got to take the whole house down to bear studs. I mean, that's just not true. Now, if we can't get Mark Schimansky, we can try rock over at Let's see our restorate American Restoration. To thank you, that was a Biden moment. Isn't that terrible? We're forever going to have Biden moments now he's gonna be synonymous with this. Well anyway, thank you. Okay, when I have a Biden moment, you have permission to play that, and then I'm going to sue you in my lawsuit for making fun of people at risk in a hostile work environment. That's what it is.
Speaker 1: Cash in baby.
Speaker 5: Hey, on a serious note, now, I'm gonna go to Dwayne. After the break, we got Joe Kiano with us. Joe, if you had to sum up your message in two sentences, how would you do it?
Speaker 8: Shafety and growth safety? Okay, what we do have to become the banker. We offer a safety for people not to lose their money and also growth potential for people to want to grow their nest egg.
Speaker 5: And it gets more and more appropriate as you get older.
Speaker 6: Of course.
Speaker 5: Well, I want to ask something that I've never asked before, and I want you to calculate something. What if when your baby's born? And I'm serious, this is something that you know people don't think about. But let's say your baby's born, and you get presents, and you get cards and checks. Maybe let's say you can squirrel away five grand for a baby. Now, nobody would normally think of a fixed indextinuity for a baby, but they buy savings bonds, which are crap.
Speaker 6: So let's talk about it.
Speaker 5: I want to know if there's a baby who puts away five grand, what happens at sixty? I'm just curious. Do you think those numbers are impossible to run.
Speaker 6: No, I can do wor it is five grand?
Speaker 5: Wait wait, you might tell me, wait, five grand might be too small, is it?
Speaker 8: No? I think it's I think it's perfect. You can see. The solution for that would be that becomes a banker life insurance policy. It offers growth guarantees, and it will actually become a beautiful nest egg for that baby when that baby becomes twenty, okay.
Speaker 5: Thirty, I get it. Can you convert that? Can you ever convert that over to an annuity? Or there's no need to?
Speaker 8: Well, a lot of people, do you know a lot of people start young with an overfunded life insurance policy, and when they become sixty five and they want to retire, you can take the lump sum of money from the life insurance policy and actually create an immediate annuity, just like Deputy Duck has an immediate annuity that will pay out each and every month for the rest of the person's life.
Speaker 5: Okay, Then another question, if you do have a baby and you want to start an annuity, you kind of shied away from the five grand saying it would be better for become the banker overfunding life insurance. What would be the amount you would have to put in to start an annuity for a.
Speaker 8: Baby ten thousand dollars seek and I want to do locked up? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Well I know, but let's just say if it's a baby and you just put ten grand away, what would happen like when the baby's older? I mean, do they have to be sixty five to a new attize it? Or can they be fifty to fifty five? How old?
Speaker 8: Well they can be after ten years? You know they can when this becomes twenty two or twenty that they can annew it tyson ten years old.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but let's talk about let's talk about a really long time. I want to know if somebody puts ten grand away for their baby in an annuity with a bonus, what will it be at age fifty and age sixty and sixty five? I think it would be great if you could have someone run those numbers. I'm Tom Martinez. We have more coming up on The Troubleshooter Show. Three three seven, one three A two five five Go with a sure Thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 12: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talks seven one three.
Speaker 6: Eight two five five.
Speaker 5: Okay, Now we have Mark Schamanski with us from Genesis Total Exteriors dot Com. Now, Mark's a friend and I've been I've known him for many years. Now I'll explain. He does all kinds of exterior stuff, roofing, gutter, siding, sophist facial windows, siding, and I said, signing, decks, painting, fences, everything right. But he also does mold mold remediation, and he does on the inside.
Speaker 6: He has that special going on. Now he'll replace your wooden.
Speaker 5: Doors your excuse me, your hollow doors with solid wood doors and he'll do two for one on that, or he can place or if you also want, he can do your your balusters and your railings from wood to metal, any part of them. So so he's all around, right. So I've leaned on him a lot as my expert. I wanted to get that background. So Mark Schamansky, my question to you is very simple. She saw a lot of black mold. We've talked about this before. The actual presence of black mold no one wants. Obviously it's not all top they but no one wants it. But if it is toxic and it's on the wall and it hasn't been disturbed, it doesn't necessarily affect your health. I'm not saying we want it there. Obviously you can't touch it or disturb it, but the mere presence of the mold does not contaminate the air. Is that correct?
Speaker 13: Well, it just depends on the level of that mold. Is if once it gets fuzzy, you know, so you kill a little texture to it, and then there's a breezon there, there's spores. You're going everywhere.
Speaker 5: Tom Okay, got it. Now, what I want to know is if you kill it? Now, do you literally when you kill it, you also do you scrape it off and then kill it and then cover it? What do you do? It just depends on this first, you have to stop the food source.
Speaker 13: Right, right, and so then you know basically what you Most of the time what we do is we encapsulate it. But if it's not a dry wall, it's better to cut the drywall out and just put in a drywall there. And you know, by this ease you soak it with the different chemicals and such, and it's already in the into the drywall.
Speaker 4: It's just best to replace the drywall. You get to the wood.
Speaker 13: Studs of a house, well, then that's that's a lot more costly just to replace those. So that we usually go ahead and chemically treat it, encapsulate it, and then you can go on back and you'll put your drywall or whatever surface.
Speaker 8: You have on.
Speaker 6: Okay over that, then I understand.
Speaker 5: So, so you cut it out with the drywall, you cut it out, dispose of it, and with the with the wood, the studs or the floor joists, you kill it and cover it.
Speaker 13: Yeah, we can encapsulate it correct. So yeah, then it's it's yep, with a special chemical and you need to be gettin to use and then then basically then then you're able to cover that up with whatever.
Speaker 5: Yeah, maybe it's.
Speaker 13: Okay, it's over now when you do that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah. Now, once you do that, does it then eventually clear out of the air?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 13: What we do is you do it negative airflow in your house is basically causing all in affected area. You make a tunnel to the outside of the house, so all the all the more mold sports go out of the house when you're working in the area, so you're not contaminating rest of the house. You encapsulate that area with uh with plastic sheathing, you know, you make it like a little cocoon type situation that you're working in, and then you do a negative air into that so all the air goes out.
Speaker 8: Of one spot.
Speaker 13: Now, if you're after you encapsulate, then you also scrub the air just to make sure the air of the house is clean.
Speaker 5: Okay, Now, if you do all of this, that's pretty good. But it takes a while and it takes effort. So what I'd like to know is is it expensive?
Speaker 13: I mean, it can be if it's just a very small area, that's not so bad. But if the house is affected, it can it can become very expensive.
Speaker 5: Okay. The next thing, then you can't just go in and just cover it up. You got to do more than that. You got to kill it. Well, first you have to stop the source, which is water. Then you have to cover it, right, I mean kill it, and you kill it and then cover it.
Speaker 13: Cover Yeah, exactly, kill it then then cover it. I mean you should do it in a responsible way so you're not spreading the spores throughout a heavy concentration of spores throughout the space.
Speaker 5: Okay. So how much would a if she wanted to know about the air in her apartment, if it's making her sick, how would she be able? How would tell me about the test? Would it be expensive?
Speaker 13: So you know, we do a we do a three three area tests. One of when is your balance? That's that's done outside to see what it should read right inside your house, and then we do two other samples, usually inside the house. And that that costs for ninety nine.
Speaker 5: Okay, So thank you very much, Mark Schumansky, Genesis tootalexteriors dot com three zero three six seven nine eighty five zero nine. So Samantha very quickly here, it's probably contaminated your air, but it would what would really help you? Although the health department may have done tests already if they ordered it cleaned up. Did the Health Department do air sport tests in the.
Speaker 7: Air, No, they did not.
Speaker 11: They just put a machine up to the top of the ceiling and it said that it was reading sixty to sixty five percent.
Speaker 5: Well, what kind of machine?
Speaker 14: We had a little metal probe on it?
Speaker 8: Did?
Speaker 11: They stuck to the ceiling and as soon as they stuck it there by their sixty to sixty five percent, we will be ordering thirty day issues to have it fixed.
Speaker 5: Okay, Okay, Well, like I said, they took care of that anyway. So now what do you want since the Health Department ordered them to fix it? What do you need now from us?
Speaker 11: I just it's kind of ridiculous because this is not just the first segment that has been done on the Coalition day. I believe Channel nine had did a segment on the Coalition.
Speaker 8: Of in.
Speaker 5: Now when you say the wait, wait, when you say hold on, when you say the coalition, what are you talking about? The coalition?
Speaker 7: The Coalition for the homeless?
Speaker 5: Is that?
Speaker 6: What is this? How you got the apartment?
Speaker 7: Yes, I have Section eight housing through them.
Speaker 5: Okay since March, and it was through it was through the homeless and it was a session. Yes, oh well, that's at least nice that they're helping you to get a place. But like you said, you need to you need to get something that's not poisonous. And are they willing to do anything for you.
Speaker 7: No, they're not doing anything at all. They refuse to even look at it.
Speaker 5: Okay, guys, any ideas? Okay, everyone in the world who calls us on Section eight or on government housing has health issues, or their kids have health issues, or they're near death or something.
Speaker 6: Everyone they they don't seem to.
Speaker 5: That doesn't seem to light a fire under their ass.
Speaker 6: It just doesn't. I understand it.
Speaker 5: And I understand your concern and I would be too.
Speaker 6: And I'm and just because.
Speaker 5: You got housing from Section eight and the Coalition doesn't mean that you don't deserve at least safe housing for God's sakes, I get that, Samantha, And but the coalition should be doing something if truly the place they're putting you in is unsafe. So if you need to leave there, do they have another place you can go to?
Speaker 10: They would put me in another property that would be drug infested, which will not be good to my recovery.
Speaker 14: I have been three years.
Speaker 5: Well write, I'm not you know, and seriously, Samantha, I understand what you're saying, but I mean you have to understand too that this is all done on charity, right, and on government funds, So there's a limit to what you can get. They're not going to put you in a fancy condo somewhere, Okay. It's it's there's going to be some sacrifice. I'm not saying you should be around meth addicts or you should be in an unsafe housing development, but there you're not. You're You're never going to get something perfect, never, And I'm not trying to be mean to you. I'm just trying to give you a fact of life. It's there's always going to be some give and take. So it's you and your child.
Speaker 7: Yes, me and my child and my husband.
Speaker 5: Okay, Okay. Now what I'd like to know is what's the name of the complex you're in?
Speaker 10: See Renaissances at Blue Spruce off of sixth in Quebec.
Speaker 5: Okay, at the Renaissance. Okay, Now does your husband work.
Speaker 7: Right now?
Speaker 10: We are currently scrappers, So we leave, we drop myself off at day chair and then we wet to get in and out of dumpsters all day long to find metal to be able to sell to the junk yard.
Speaker 5: Okay, So I'll tell you what. We need to put someone on this to at least investigate what they're doing for you and if it's adequate, okay, we can figure it out. So I think Deputy D might make some phone calls. He'll get your number. Here's what we need to figure out. Okay, I'm going to give you the priority. First, when will they get the apartment fixed? And will it be adequate? Okay, because it could be potentially dangerous. Second, if they don't get it fixed, do they have alternate housing for you that's not drug infested? And basically those are the things we're going to start with. Okay. So you hang on and we'll get someone to look into this for you. Did you have something to say.
Speaker 2: D or not?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Tom, I think you know what do you think of this?
Speaker 15: I think I need to approach this extremely tactfully because if there is a perception that she is getting free government housing and then she got the government involved in this, and she's getting a radio show get involved in this, I just don't want it to get kicked out because they'll get sick of dealing with her.
Speaker 5: No, No, that's true, that could happen, but we'll ca Yeah, we have to be careful that we do not cause you more trouble, but we'll try to help you. Okay. May I ask Samantha how you got our number or how you got our name to call.
Speaker 11: I was able to remember that I talked to you a couple of years ago when my daughter was sixteen and missing.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, whatever happened with that case.
Speaker 11: She ended up in the system, and when she turned eighteen and aged out, they just kicked her to the street. Where is she now homeless in Denver?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 5: My god?
Speaker 6: Are you trying to help her too?
Speaker 11: I can't have her around my son or they'll take my son from me because she's an active set no user now.
Speaker 5: Oh you know? Oh God, and you and you were an addict too, right?
Speaker 14: Yes?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 6: It's so sad, isn't it?
Speaker 5: Isn't it? How that stuff is just so insidious and can get into families and just route them out? All right? Hang on, I'm Tom Martine three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Denver Regen dot com. Remember that site because they are doing truseeppetide and semiglutide for weight loss compounded, and it comes with all injectable materials and the drugs and doctors visits. All starting at two ninety five a month. You can go into the holidays confident you'll still enjoy food. It just is like magic, helping you eat less. Denverregen dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 12: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey, I'm Tom Martino. You're troubleshooter three oh three seven to one three talk three h three seven one three.
Speaker 6: Eight two five five. I just want to say.
Speaker 5: If I can mark this day on YouTube with no technical difficulties.
Speaker 6: All of the morons get cars.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna be Oprah and uh, you're all gonna get a car.
Speaker 6: You get a car, You get a car, You get a car.
Speaker 5: Hey, right, that's funny. Three all three seven one three eight two five so a two five. Now we're done with Samith. When you're not done with her, we're giving Samantha over to Deputy d Now, Dwayne, what is your question about chimney sweeps?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 8: Good, right, Tom?
Speaker 16: Hope you and the cruise for having a good Tuesday morning.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know what. I love this time of year because people are laid back, looking forward to the new year, and I just think people are in better moods all the way around.
Speaker 16: Brian, my issues seem so trivial compared to damn. But I went on your website dot com and I was looking for a chimney sweep and it turned up no results.
Speaker 5: I know it was very difficult. We had one one time, didn't have good luck with that. I don't Okay, tell me this, Do you really need a chimney sweep?
Speaker 6: What are you looking for?
Speaker 16: Well? I have a Renald place that I've owned for twenty years. It's never been slapped. I'm ashamed of me and there's an insert in there. But my tenants started a fire last week and all the smoke blew back into the house. And regardless, Now I think I could go ahead.
Speaker 5: I will say that. Now, where's it located.
Speaker 16: In Lakewood, Colorado?
Speaker 5: Okay? Now, I do know there are some people that do duct work that do it, and I'm not sure if our ducked people do it. But it's not brain damage. It's just that you need someone insured. You can end up in very big trouble. That's really important. And of course you want someone that actually does the job because there's no way for you to know if they did or not. Really, so I'm trying to get some recommendations here from other sources. I'm looking at my duck cleaners too, but it's really the ones we had. I shouldn't say that because people might remember some of them were not They weren't bad. They just it was just a bad industry to I have a question. Yes, go ahead. So Dwayne, this is bo your chimney is it?
Speaker 17: Is it a masonry brick chimney or do you have a steel liner inside the chimney.
Speaker 16: I'm assume it's masonry either.
Speaker 8: It was.
Speaker 17: Okay, is it possible, is it your damper that the fireplace damper could just be in a closed position.
Speaker 16: We definitely checked that one.
Speaker 5: Okay, And then the top of I have an idea.
Speaker 17: Okay, oh I'm sorry, go ahead, I'm just gonna have the top of the chimney might have a bird ness or something obstructing that there would be simple to look at just getting up on the road.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but that's kind of dangerous. And these guys, listen, I found a company that totally by searching. They have a four point nine and they've been around for seven years. There's another one that has five star. I just I always want to see how many reviews. The one that has four point nine has two hundred and thirty six reviews. Now you can't fake that. Another one has five star reviews and they're one hundred and forty six. And ah, you know, I mean you could do worse than that. Now there's okay, this is definitely two hundred and thirty six reviews, four point nine, seven years in business. Their name is Denver Chimney Cleaning. Wait a minute, there's hold on, there's another one. Holy crap, there's another one with three hundred ninety reviews and they're all five star. Holy crap, that's called crown Up Pros. You know we should hit some of these up to be on our referral list. I mean, when you have three hundred ninety reviews and you got five stars. Again, I'm not a big guy for reviews unless there are a lot of them. Now, you know, you can tell of they're faked or not. This one, this I try crown Up. You know they don't they look pretty cool. They look like a bunch of young men and really, how do I put this? They look like hard working young people. But man, do they have good reviews? Really good reviews? And then so that's crown Up. Do you have a pen or do you have something to write with? No?
Speaker 16: I can remember that though.
Speaker 8: I'm good crown Up.
Speaker 5: And the other one is the other one on just a Denver. Yeah, so that's what you know. I'm telling you those who have the best ratings for the amount of ratings Denver Chimney Cleaning and crown Up.
Speaker 16: Perfect Com get one of those on your referral lists.
Speaker 5: I got to man, you know, last time we didn't have luck. But these guys are showing some good stuff here. I'm Tom Martine, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Him Martino, you're troubleshooter three all three seven one three talk three all three seven one three eight two five five. So let's go back to Joe Kanno. I ask him, he is with my Moneymway dot com. I asked him, what would happen if you have a baby and let's say you put it away for uh, you know, age fifty, age sixty sixty five, and you put ten grand in the minimum in an annuity way back. Now, let's suggestion you do it. I have no idea. I've never actually run this man. What does it look like Joe? In a fixed indexed annuity.
Speaker 8: Amacing number storm amazing numbers.
Speaker 5: Okay, let's let's hear it.
Speaker 8: At age fifty, the ten thousand dollars that a grandparent or a grand parent who's away for their grandchild or child will become one hundred and seventy thousand, two hundred and thirty nine dollars ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: That's at fifty whoop at all?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 6: I want to hold on.
Speaker 5: I want to come back to more and then I want to talk about income. Right after this, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: D News needs so you don't have run incious stas as we can, no shoot's gonna help come.
Speaker 13: Dix is the Troubleshooter Show, No Tom Martino.
Speaker 5: Hello Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk three O three seven one three eight two five five. We're taking any and all calls as we wind up the year, as we head to Christmas, and as we are set to take a few days off here and there. We want to clean out your house of problems, clean out your house anything lingering, Let's get rid of it. We got deputies. I've never had such a good group of deputies in my life. I mean, I've had experienced business people either still working or retired and doing things on the side that are smart, capable and tenacious. Now, any one of them could do the show. And I mean it is. If they were just a little better looking and had a better voice and a more command over the English language, and a little smarter, and they dressed better, they could do it. Uh Oh, I didn't get any comments on that. Three oh three seven three talk seven one three eight two five five. Deputy Dollar, you're curiously silent, and so is BO and Deputy D and everyone else. But in any case, let's talk to Joseph Canno, Certified Financial Planner, now again I'm going to say this, and I'm going to say.
Speaker 6: This because.
Speaker 5: I like Joe and I trust Joe, and also it's kind of weird, but I have I have certain things I have to say on the air. Do you know why? Because since I got registered myself is a financial advisor, I was notified that when I talk about anything aster a turnkey, even it's not a security, but you have to make certain disclosures, okay, And so with Joe, got to make certain disclosures even though Joe is not dealing in a security.
Speaker 6: And one of the disclosures.
Speaker 5: I can make with Joe is that it's one of the few products that is absolutely guaranteed and you're allowed to say guaranteed as an investment because it's backed by private insurance companies with like one hundred year history. And whenever you have bonds or other things backed, you can say they're guaranteed. If they're guaranteed, you can say that. Now I'm talking. I'm talking to Joe because I asked them to what would happen if you put ten grand down for a baby and you just let us sit there until the baby and I don't know how old did you figure East Joe, when you did.
Speaker 8: This what you just said, fifty, sixty, sixty five, and seventy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but how old? How old did you were you figuring the baby at a year old or yet less than a year or whatever?
Speaker 6: Brand new, brand new baby?
Speaker 8: Got it more?
Speaker 5: Okay? So I said, I said, what would the baby have at fifty? What would the baby have a fifty? What would the baby have at sixty? What would the baby have at sixty five? So go ahead, let's talk. I want to talk about the account value. Then I want to talk about the monthly check. So let's take age fifty.
Speaker 8: Okay, age fifty. That ten thousand dollars will convert into one hundred and seventy thousand, two hundred and thirty nine dollars guaranteed. Now think about that. Now, the income stream that that child will get at age fifty from that amount will be five thousand, seven hundred and three dollars each and every year for the rest of their lives. Think about that. So if they live to be let's say twenty years, let's say seventy, they may plice the amount of money that the grandparent or the parent invested to get this annuity started. Now, no, hold on numbers.
Speaker 6: So hold on.
Speaker 5: So they're making about four hundred forty bucks a month in income when they are fifty.
Speaker 8: When they're fifty, guaranteed for the rest Okay now.
Speaker 6: Now, okay, got it, I get it.
Speaker 5: Now, let's go to age sixty.
Speaker 8: At eight sixty, that numbers get better. Three hundred and eight thousand, two hundred and thirty two dollars. That ten thousand.
Speaker 5: Dollars holy crown, yea, yeah.
Speaker 8: Three hundred and eight thousand to thirty two. That's almost a half a million. Well it's over, you know, a quarter of a million dollars, and their income stream will be thirteen thousand, four h eight every year for the rest of their life.
Speaker 5: More than one thousand, more than one thousand bucks a month in income. I wonder what it would be worth up there in the future though, you know, because you always have the cost of inflation and expense.
Speaker 6: But anyway, keep going, what else, right seventy five?
Speaker 8: At age sixty five, four hundred and fifty nine thousand and four thirty six, that ten thousand dollars will turn to a half a million dollars. Think about that guaranteed, and their income stream will be twenty two thousand, two hundred and eighty three dollars, almost two thousand dollars a month for the rest of their lives. Only ten thousand dollars can get that child at.
Speaker 5: Wow. And at eight that's that's incredible.
Speaker 8: Age seventy two, At age seventy two, tom, that ten thousand dollars will become six hundred dread forty four thousand, three hundred and forty eight dollars. So if they want to cash the end, that ten thousand dollars will give them over a well over a half a million dollars. They're But if they want to have an income at that point for the rest of their life, at age seventy two, it will be thirty four.
Speaker 5: Do you get Do you get compounding with this?
Speaker 8: Yes, there's compounds at two point seventy five percent.
Speaker 5: Every year, okay. And one of the things I wanted to make to make sure and again you know, there is a place for practically every investment vehicle in the world. Now, there are certain ones that are more dangerous than others I would recommend against, and of course there are private things you got to be careful of. So I want to say that, So there's a place for everything. But there's always a cost, or there's always when I say risk, not necessarily a risk of losing, but risks of missing out on other things. But as you get older, the risk of missing out is less important to you. And so you know, in other words, if you want an annuity, as you get older, they get more important because the guarantees are more important. And I've always said this, with an annuity, you do, if we're going to be totally transparent, you sacrifice a bit of upward movement if the market is doing great. But again you don't have to risk the downward, but you risk some of the upside that you don't participate in. You also could risk not investing in something else, like you know, a stock or something, but then again those stocks carry risk of going down as well. So but but as I said, there's something for everyone in every vehicle. The important thing is knowing Joe, I think, how.
Speaker 6: Much of your port folio to a lot.
Speaker 5: Two different things, and when to do it right?
Speaker 6: Not just how much, but when.
Speaker 8: That is right to them? You know, and what do you now You've got to remember, Well, what I think is you know, as a financial planner, you need to take into account. You know, the consumers, you know, whether or not they want to risk their money. They're risk tolerance. I call it risk tolerance. That's right, firstend, that's some consumers make me young, but they don't want to lose any money. So they're not suited for a security. There may be suited a better suitit or an annuity that guarantees them. So it's up to the client. It's not to the financial advisor. We are the financial planners that can help people by guiding them based on their goals and objectives and lives and and the risk tolerance. I mean, let me ask you this. If I was to ask you, and you may be different, you know, but I mean if I were to ask the average everyday consumer, how much money can you afford to lose? What?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 8: What do you think? The majority will say, Tom.
Speaker 5: You know what?
Speaker 2: None?
Speaker 8: Zero?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that is I would say, I would say that I don't want to lose money.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, so people are really adverse of losing money. So you see when they buy a security, they are actually walking into the fire because they could lose money. It's almost like gambling. When you go to Las Vegas. I mean, you can put a coda on the machine with the hopes that you're going to make it big. But a lot of times you just quoder seeing and coder seeing and coder seeing. So an annuity is a totally safe investment based on the client's needs and objectives and their risk tolerance that they may have.
Speaker 6: I'm okay now, of course it does.
Speaker 5: And again we'll talk about all of this with the associated.
Speaker 6: Benefits or risks.
Speaker 5: If there are risks, and I talked about upside risk, we can take a look at what money would do in a fund. You know, here's what's really funny when we talk about an S and P fund. If you can find a good indexed fund, truly there are some, and then you can take an amount and invest in it. Almost no one, because of their financial advisor, leaves.
Speaker 6: Them in it.
Speaker 5: And that is where risk comes in, is where people get nervous with ups and downs in the market. If you leave it, you have a better chance of making money. But even if you leave it and you're making money as you grow older, you convert it, heard it And so that's the secret. When do you convert? And that is what people need to know. They need to know their own time horizon and their own desires.
Speaker 6: We have more coming up.
Speaker 5: Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three A two five five. Frank durand the real estateman dot com wants to convert. Wants to tell you, I mean, how much you can sell your house for based on his thirty years of experience. This complete sit down analysis or on the phone. It is complete with your neighborhood, the comps, the size of your house, the the interest rates. He'll let you know, and he's pretty dang accurate. It's not an appraisal, it's what it will sell for based on his experience if he lists it, and there is no obligation whatsoever.
Speaker 6: Get your analysis. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: Frank Duran, the real estate man dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 12: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up, free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. All right, I'm here, I'm here, I'm here, I'm here.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 5: So anyway, we're talking about your life, you're liberty, your pursuit of happiness. I got some texts here, and uh, I'm going to go to those. And this is uh, somebody wants to know who has smaller hands me. Oh, come on, I'm not going to get into that. That's code, isn't it. I think Shannon has the smallest hands that we're going there, he has tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny hands. Shannon, what do you think should never talk to a guy who's controlling the airwaves like that? I guess listen more on. Let me just take this because it's it's important. More on estate planning. I have a little story here that people text. Somebody texted me a guy did a quick claim deed to his son and he said, when I'm about to die, I want you to file it so we don't have to go through prob And he let me know that his dad is on his death bed, and you know what I told him? What did I tell him? Deco today? Maybe you're God?
Speaker 1: He said, don't do it because of the tax constant.
Speaker 5: Don't file it. How many times do I have to say this? I want you to tell me why? Because if you file it right before he dies, whatever price he paid for that house becomes your basis. You get to add in some of the improvements and all that he did. But still it's going to no doubt be a lower basis than when he dies this week or next week, because if you do the quick claim before he dies, you can't.
Speaker 6: Do it after.
Speaker 5: If you do it before he dies, then what happens is you get his basis. So let's say he bought it way back when bought it for two hundred. Maybe no, let's just say like one hundred and ten, and now it's five hundred. You're gonna have a problem because you're gonna have capital gains. Now, let's say now if you turn it into your own house, you can get an exemption on capital gains up to a certain amount.
Speaker 6: But why bother because if you keep it.
Speaker 5: Longer and longer, no matter what, you're always gonna have a lower basis. So the better way to do that if he's still alive. And I hate to be morbid, but I know what you said. He's still alive, have him. Now do a benefisheries deed. You can do that in your deathbed. A benefisheries deed will do what you wanted to accomplish, and more it will keep it out of probate. So when he dies, at that moment, the house transfers to you, and it transfers on today's basis. So let's say the house is worth five hundred. Now, if you want to sell it, you're gonna get five five point fifty five whatever, you know what, no tax. Now let's say, well, you know you're gonna have a little above the basis. But now if you keep it in your name and you want to live in it for a while, then you have a higher basis to start and you'll almost never exceed the exemption on top of that. So that's the way to do it. And I'm sorry your dad is as you say on his deathbed, but that's really the.
Speaker 6: Way to be safe when you're doing stuff like that.
Speaker 5: Now, somebody asks that I give my numbers out again, and I haven't done it. In a while.
Speaker 6: This voicemail here, excuse me voicemail.
Speaker 5: This Google number comes to my personal cell and when I'm not here or it comes to my computer and I get your texts immediately. Seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty. That's seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty. So that is a texting number. You can do it anytime and I'll get it. Now. We also have an iHeart number. It's a short code. They call it fives and thirty nine. You can text me there.
Speaker 6: Okay, Now, Tom, I have a question.
Speaker 5: This is one of the texts, by the way, that's five seven seven three nine, or as I said, my Google number seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty. Now that Google number, you can text me around the clock, okay. That it doesn't have to be just during the show. You can also ask me about Wave eight Wealth Management, and if you want my financial advisement firm. You can ask about anything about the show, whatever you want at that number. Now, let's talk about this one question I got. Okay, Tom, I have a question for the lady that has an apartment with mold and they say they're doing dumpster diving. I don't think that can be any healthier or could be even worse than the house they're living in. You know, I never did you think, well that I didn't catch on to catch that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course that's not good for you either.
Speaker 15: But this woman sounds like she's a very limited means and it doesn't sound like she has any other They're going for metal scrap, right, yeah, there's Yeah, she calls herself a scrap or so she picks up scrap metals where she can, and then she sells them to the recycler.
Speaker 5: I can't believe how many people just texted me this. Another one just said, Tom, I can't believe a woman is worried about mold and goes out and does dumpster diving random dumpsters.
Speaker 6: Sad it is, now Wow.
Speaker 1: That doesn't mean it makes the mold okay though.
Speaker 15: Just because you're doing something that's extremely unhealthy doesn't mean that you should not try to eliminate one of the unhealthy parts of your life.
Speaker 5: People want to know if when I am on PARA, that's.
Speaker 1: A public employee retirement to account.
Speaker 6: That's when you're a teacher.
Speaker 5: Right, If I'm on PARA and my husband dies, do I get any of his benefit.
Speaker 6: Now, who would know about that? I'm gonna I'm gonna look that up.
Speaker 3: Tell him.
Speaker 15: Have a question about cost basis while we're still on that topic.
Speaker 6: Oh, cost basis on real estate.
Speaker 15: Go ahead, So I live in an HOA that's about to collect a huge special assessment for improvements like upgrading carpeting, putting in.
Speaker 6: Nicer light fixtures. You know what, I just got socked with one here.
Speaker 1: It's like fourteen one thousand bucks.
Speaker 15: Dude, So can I add now it's not for repairs, it's for upgrades, can I?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: That's my cost basis absolutely, really the entire thing. Now, if it's normal maintenance, you can, but you can if it's like a parking lot or painting or absolutely new carpets.
Speaker 1: Absolutely for the lobby.
Speaker 6: Yes, absolutely, is it really?
Speaker 1: Is it a hundred added to my Yes?
Speaker 5: I mean because now if it's not all for that, if they say it's part for insurance, and you have to figure out what part of it, this is stricting. In fact, I'd go so far is to be a little more aggressive, and I would say this, not only was that assessment my portion of that upgrade, but part of my regular monthly h OA went to the surplus that paid for that.
Speaker 1: Which it does every month apart, I'm kind of a fund.
Speaker 5: That's right, and to the extent that fund is used, it gets added prota to your basis. Now to figure it out as difficult, but it's totally doable. In other words, let's say people that you have an HUA fee and they're going to do upgrades. As Deputy d just said, now on these upgrades, you know what your assessment is. That's automatically added to your basis if it's all for upgrades, permanent upgrades now not for blowing leaves or cleaning. Okay, so now our roof is permanent upgrades. So now you have added to your basis. But they also say that is we're running short because we only had two hundred thousand in the account and we need more. So that two hundred what portion of that two hundred was yours? If you can figure it out for when you live there and how long they've been accumulating the surplus.
Speaker 6: That added to your basis, You never thought of that.
Speaker 5: No, it's the same exact expenditure if you make a monthly payment and it's for maintenance and stuff that doesn't get added, But if they're doing upgrades or capital improvements, that portion of your HOA payment does go to your basis.
Speaker 15: And what kind of a professional would I consult who would come up with this official spreadsheet that I can then defend used to defend my position.
Speaker 1: If the irs ever sticks their nose into.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, but they're not stupid. You just do a spreadsheet. I mean, I mean, no one ever gives you a hard time if the numbers don't lie. I mean, if you tried to take every monthly payment you made for the HOA and say as part of my basis, it wouldn't work.
Speaker 6: But if you could show a certain portion of what.
Speaker 5: You made went toward these improvements, absolutely, even without an assessment, even if they told you, by the way, we're doing painting upgrades, this this and this and this and this, and you do not have to pain assessment. That portion of your improvement is part of your basis.
Speaker 1: That's amazing.
Speaker 6: That's three oh three seven. Say you didn't think about that?
Speaker 2: Did you?
Speaker 5: Hunt?
Speaker 6: And you thought you were in me? I think I think deep down he did.
Speaker 5: Hey, Gary the lazy boy. I'm not going to answer the whole thing now, but I want to get started. What's going on with it? Hey?
Speaker 8: Tom?
Speaker 18: Gary Hansen up with our PC in Loveland.
Speaker 5: Gary, I love you, Gary?
Speaker 6: What's going on?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 18: I in July, my wife and I went bought a sectional Lazy Boy furniture in Loveland or Fort Collins. Okay, long story, Sure, we paid nearly twelve thousand dollars for these couches. They delivered the couch mid September. There was damage to the couch to the point where pieces have to be replaced. It wasn't but together to where it functioned like it should. Long story short, We sit here now middle of December and still don't have a functioning couch in our house.
Speaker 5: They now, did you notice the damage before it? Did you notice the damage Gary before they dropped it? Or and they took it back right away? Or did it take a few weeks or whatever?
Speaker 18: No, they were contacted the next day after we had a chance to look at it and told that it wasn't okay, got it, except it wasn't acceptable, and we filed We filed a a case.
Speaker 5: With them, and they they did not dispute it. They did not dispute it right.
Speaker 14: No.
Speaker 18: In fact, they had a guy come to our home a week or two later and looked at it and inspected it, and he ordered one completely the corner piece, the rounded corner piece. They ordered a whole new section there because that one was damaged bad enough that he just said it would cost them more to to repair it than to get.
Speaker 5: Did they take the whole thing? Backers is to Did they take the whole thing? Backers is still in your home?
Speaker 18: I was still sitting in my home all right now.
Speaker 5: Hang on, We'll come right back on Tom Martin. Hang on, Garrey, I come right back to you on Tom Martino. More coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martino here three O three seven on three talks seven one three, eight two five five. All right, so we're talking to Gary about the lazy boy. We're gonna get somebody to help you. But here's the bottom line. Let me recap. It was delivered. You notice damage. You told them about it. They said they would get it fixed. Bottom line, it hasn't been fixed. And it's been since September and now it's December, right, three months.
Speaker 18: Yes, the couch was ordered in July, they delivered it, got it Miptember, mid Deptember.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Now when you say that it doesn't have this is what I don't understand this part. It doesn't function properly. What does that mean?
Speaker 18: When you're sitting the one recliner on the with the left arm rest and lean back and then you it's crooked. It's something in there's loosen, doesn't It doesn't functions?
Speaker 5: Show Now when you call when when's the last time? When's the last time Gary you called and asked him about it?
Speaker 18: Oh, we've my wife is came indicated with them Tom probably with five or six emails and phone calls, and we've had people in our home a couple of times looking at it. The last communication we had was probably mid November where they said, Park, what's what's carry?
Speaker 1: Did you pay for this with a credit card?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yes, you know, if you file a dispute, that will get their attention.
Speaker 2: I can.
Speaker 15: Oh, they want I mean it sounds like a couple of thousand bucks of couches, so they want that money.
Speaker 5: It's twelve thousand, twelve thousand filed the dispute ODIT card company. Gary, What what twelve thousand? What was it a couch?
Speaker 6: It was a sectional?
Speaker 18: You said, yeah, both square around the corner and fits in our in our TV room.
Speaker 5: And it's you know, and what really sucks is Christmas is coming up right, and you want it, you know, no doubt want it. Yeah, I don't blame you. Gary. Listen, we're gonna have a deputy dollar he volunteered to call over there. I think we need we really do need to light a fire on this one.
Speaker 6: We just need to hold on get Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Tom, you know I'm not free lower.
Speaker 18: And I certainly pay for what I do. Yah, gosh, what point do I say? Come get the bancounts. I'm tired of fighting this. My wife gets heart sick every time she walks by it.
Speaker 5: I think, I think you're something. I think you're I think you'd be uh, you'd be reasonable to do it now. Yeah, except if they truly did order something new. Remember you ordered it in July and it took three months to get there, so it's possible that it takes another three months. Well, it has been three months, so let's let Dollar look into it and then we'll advise you accordingly. All right, three, all three seven? One, Thank you, Gary. We'll be in touch man. And that's Gary from ourpacecenter dot com retirement planning center of the Rockies. We do a lot of business for them and Mark. You have a comment on Paris. Somebody wanted to know they're on para. They want to know of their husband or their husband. Let's see, I think their husband did die suddenly and they said they did not fifteen years And when my husband died, I was not given any of his Social Security except for a one time payment. Why is that?
Speaker 6: If she was on para.
Speaker 14: Para has three options when you retire. One is you can take your full amount of your retirement for yourself and when you die, that's it. Para is over. Okay, you could take option two, where you say I will take less money now on a monthly basis, but when I die, my spouse will get X amount of money for a certain period of time and then that part's did okay? And then and then option three is like I will take even less, but when I die, my wife will continue or my spouse will continue to get my share until my death or her death.
Speaker 5: Okay, I understand now, I'm not sure what your expertise is, but that's all good.
Speaker 6: Thank you for clarifying that.
Speaker 14: Now, what yeah, go ahead, I'm a PARA retiree.
Speaker 5: Okay, what would happen? What would happen though? If if a woman is on PARA or not on well, yeah, she's she works and uh okay, and then her husband dies, what happens to that social Security does she get? She's saying she did not get a survivor's benefit, right, so, uh.
Speaker 14: I'm not real sure about that. One thing is with if you're on PARA, you get a very minimal amount of your Social Security no matter how much you've earned. So another where I would be eligible for about seven hundred dollars a month in Social Security, but Social Security won't give it to me because I have a pension, and they say it's a big windfall tax because we're such billionaires in education.
Speaker 5: I don't get it.
Speaker 14: I don't either, But what it is is, so I'm eligible for seven hundred dollars a month from Social Security from the time before I was a school psychologist, and then I get it after one and so the government says, well, since you get a pension, you don't get your Social Security. You'll get like one hundred dollars a month. So maybe it has something. Maybe it has something to do with that, because he probably wasn't pulling very much on his Social Security. They probably gave her a flat amount that I don't know. I'm guessing there.
Speaker 6: Here's what it says on the site.
Speaker 5: Since you worked fifteen years under PARA, it's likely that you did not pay Social Security taxes during that time, so you are exempt from Social Security. This means that any survivor benefits you may receive from your husband's could be impacted.
Speaker 6: So basically they're saying you.
Speaker 5: Have to yourself be eligible for Social Security before you get any survivor's benefits.
Speaker 14: Sure, so he either did not work enough hours or quarters or however they figured out for social to receive Social Security.
Speaker 6: I gotta take this break. I'm sorry, I'm really sorry. I ran behind. We got more coming right up.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Room for Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, Tom Martino, you're troubleshooter three all three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. We got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Joe Canno in closing out this hour, Certified Financial Planner fin fixed indextinuities. Joe, When are annuities that produce income and guarantees most appropriate? Do you believe?
Speaker 8: Well, you know that depends on the cloud. And again, Tom, you know, I believe that the older the client gets, or they get nearing retirement annuity has become a fantastic asset to have because of the guarantees that annuities provide. So somebody that is concerned about having a guaranteed income, you see, there's a big difference between building an account.
Speaker 5: No, I get it, I get it, and having an income for the rest of our lives.
Speaker 8: And you know, just like Social Security, Tom, we're drawing it. You know, we get to paycheck every single day into the mailbox or the bank account. You have an annuity, you have another guarantee payment coming in. People want income, So I believe the annuities become tremendously informant for people nearing the environment.
Speaker 5: My Money, Myway dot com. We got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a Sure Thing, Denvers, Rufer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 12: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance, pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real Estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: Ript you needed, that's who you don't have?
Speaker 2: Run anxious as fast as we can.
Speaker 3: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 5: Come Dix is the Troubleshooter Show. Now, Tom Martino, Hi, Tom Martino here, and I welcome you to the show. Let's talk. Let's wind up this week, going into Christmas Week and then into New Year's Week and then into blah January twenty twenty.
Speaker 6: Five, in the year twenty five, twenty five?
Speaker 5: Wait, wait, wait, that wasn't the song, was it in the year twenty five?
Speaker 6: She wasn't talking about just next year?
Speaker 5: Right? Do I have the words wrong? People? Come on, Dragon, help me out here.
Speaker 19: Share there's many digulous No no, no, no, further and further.
Speaker 5: That wasn't share. No, no, no, no, no, no no oh. Oh. Anyway, you know what I remember the World's Fair telling me that in twenty five, in twenty twenty five, we'd be all flying around in little hovercrafts. Now, obviously drones have come a long way, but we're not quite there yet. Do you remember, No, twenty five twenty five, that's what it was. Twenty five twenty five, in the year twenty five to twenty not in the year twenty twenty five. But I'd rather be in the year twenty twenty five. If man is to aive. No, let's uh, what would the lyrics be for twenty twenty five, in the year twenty twenty five where the woke did not survive? Okay? Is he like that? One?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: Okay? Three oh three seven one three?
Speaker 2: Talk?
Speaker 5: Give us a call, tell us what's on your mind. I have Joe Kannah with me, and he is a certified financial plan Jordan Now, okay, Jordan, Now, I'm gonna I'm gonna talk here, and I want people to know something.
Speaker 6: My desire and obligation.
Speaker 5: In the financial world, truly, I'm honest to God now is to be transparent, honest, forthright and helpful really really, really really you can't survive without it. That's what Jordan and his father are are. That's what Retirement Planning Center of the Rockies, That's what everyone we deal with, VISTERA Investments, VISTERA Turnkey Barry Miller.
Speaker 6: And people have been asking me.
Speaker 5: Tom, basically, you know you do Wave eight financial management. I've had these texts that I haven't read necessarily. Some of them are too complicated. But this one says, you know, you talk about investing and investment management and Joe talks about getting away from the stock market and having the security of the fixed indexed annuity. That's true, and there's room for both strategies.
Speaker 6: It depends.
Speaker 5: I've said this before with investing, there are a number of factors you look. You look for Jordan, you can chime in. One is, first of all, the eyes of your portfolio. Correct the smaller your age, the smaller your porfo, the smaller your portfolio, the less diversity you should have, and the more security okay, or say more conservation conservative doesn't mean it has to be one. But so what I'm saying is this, with a small portfolio, and I'd say a small portfolio.
Speaker 6: Is fifty thousand or smaller, would you say.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would say that's an appropriate number. And same with kind of chiming in on that part. I think age is a big factor to exactly who you're bringing up as well. You know also where you're atting so for anybody who's in those ages, so you're forty and.
Speaker 5: Unders, so with a small portfolio fifty grand or less, do not diversify.
Speaker 6: You find something very safe.
Speaker 5: You can do government bonds, corporate bonds, you can do different things.
Speaker 6: That s and P five hundred fund.
Speaker 5: Now I'm assuming when I say fifty thousand dollars portfolio, that's not fifty thousand dollars of your total money.
Speaker 6: Okay, let me explain this.
Speaker 5: A portfolio for investing should be above and beyond an emergency fund, above and beyond it, and only after you pay off high interest debt. Having high interest debt and investing is stupid. It eats away at your investment. High interest debt. Do away with it.
Speaker 6: First, get an emergency fund.
Speaker 5: Then, if you have fifty thousand or less, you have a small portfolio by today's standards.
Speaker 6: And I don't mean that as an insult.
Speaker 5: There should be no diversity, and your concentration should be on security and liquidity, not an annuity. Not if that's what you have Younger, As you get older, you want to grow that, and then you want to think with your time horizon. You want to start as you get older, you want to start converting the equity products you have that grow into income products that sustain, so you have the growth phase and the sustenance phase. And obviously, when you're working, that's all sustenance, that's income, and you convert some of that to equity.
Speaker 6: As you get older, that equity's got to.
Speaker 5: Turn back to income, and as you get older, security becomes more important.
Speaker 6: So I think we can all agree on that.
Speaker 5: So in my opinion, we gave an example of a baby, a grandparent, grandparents buying a baby a ten thousand dollars annuity, and what they would have at age fifty six stands sixty five, and the numbers indicated, you know, like one hundred grand or one hundred and fifty and then three hundred and then four hundred. Now those numbers for straight investing are dismal for somebody to do that with a baby. It would not be appropriate, that's my opinion, absolutely not be appropriate if.
Speaker 12: You took that same amount of money and in real life.
Speaker 5: Now I'm not talking about theoretically sixty years ago, fifty years ago, sixty five years ago.
Speaker 6: Just the same exact numbers.
Speaker 5: Had you put ten grand in a straight indexed fund, five ten thousand dollars when the baby sixty five years ago, the baby's now sixty five or fifty years ago, the baby's now fifty or or you know whatever, the same scenario. I'm going to give you the numbers. That's why I say there's an appropriate time for fixing index annuities, then there's definitely not an appropriate time for fixed indexed annuities. So I think what Joe and Jordan talk about a lot is if you've accumulated a nest egg, all well and good, now secure it into income. And that's a great idea, by the way, not a bad idea at all. But let's talk about the ten thousand dollars as a baby. So the baby's a baby, grandparents want to do ten thousand and when they did it in the annuity. Do you have those figures still there that your dad did Jordan.
Speaker 4: You know, let me pull them up here, give me one second, but I'm looking at them right down here.
Speaker 5: Sure, I just want, like I said, I love I love educating people.
Speaker 6: I really do, by the way, it's a great thing.
Speaker 5: And so basically, the ten thousand dollars in a straight S and P indexed fund fifty sixty and sixty five years ago, and Joe's talking about fifty sixty and sixty five years from now, to be fair, but it's gonna be relatively the same in any case.
Speaker 6: The numbers on an annuity as a baby, do you have it.
Speaker 18: All?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 4: The argitia ran right now here, So that's do you want to just a baby as a one year old?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Or yeah or zero whatever?
Speaker 6: And then it goes up to fifty, sixty and sixty five.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry. I thought you still had the numbers your dad had. I wanted to compare them. Okay, I'm gonna let you run that. I'm gonna hold on now. I'll come back to you three or three seven one three talk seven one three or two five. I want to just comparisons to real life scenarios and why I talk about appropriateness of investments, of when, where, and nothing. Remember I said this, nothing is as bad, nothing is as good as people say. What's there is there, and what you deal with is the reality of it. There's no magic.
Speaker 6: I'm Tom Martinez. We have more coming up.
Speaker 5: Any of your questions, problems, complaints and he follow ups. Hit me with the follow ups, guys, and we'll talk about this and more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show three zero three seven one three talk waterpros dot net.
Speaker 6: You know how I feel about him.
Speaker 5: The best water systems anywhere for the price. I can say enough about him this year and especially you better take advantage of now. He may extend it past the new year. You got to ask him. But a whole house conditioning, whole house softening. You get drinking water reverse osmosis all for three five thirty one ninety five the.
Speaker 6: Best price anywhere.
Speaker 5: Plumbers can't touch it three oh three eighty six two five five five four Waterpros dot net. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 12: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. I'm Tom Martino, your trobleshooter. Okay, so we were talking about appropriateness of investments and when to do what, And I say there's time to do a little bit of everything, including real estate depending on your time horizon, fixed indextinuities depending on your time horizon, and stocks and bonds depending on your time horizon. The one thing that I think is a little more dangerous but not bad, are variable annuities.
Speaker 6: A lot of people give those a bad name.
Speaker 5: They're, in my opinion, only for sophisticated investors. The variable time. That's it.
Speaker 6: And I'm not going to talk about those right now.
Speaker 5: But I asked the question, if you had a baby year zero, just before they turn whatever, you know, they're just born, you take out this annuity, and what would the baby have at fifty years, sixty years, and sixty five years. So we ran those numbers before and I want to recap them. So at fifty, sixty and sixty five years, if you put it away ten thousand dollars, what would you have.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so talking about fifty, you'd have just leaving it as it would be about two hundred thousand dollars at age fifty, at age sixty.
Speaker 5: And it would have hold on and it would have and it would have income.
Speaker 4: Of how much income of right around sixty seven hundred. And this is not laddering anything out.
Speaker 8: This is just a straight shot when.
Speaker 6: You say, okay, but this is sixty seven hundred.
Speaker 5: A year. Okay, so yeah, I just want to tell people again, this is not a trick. This is being totally transparent. And there's a reason I'm saying this. If you did the same exact thing fifty years ago with an S and P five hundred fund and you put ten grand in it, with actual numbers from the past fifty years, you would have one million, one hundred seventy three thousand, nine hundred dollars. You would have.
Speaker 6: Almost one point eight million dollars.
Speaker 5: So what would be the appropriate investment for a baby that long ago or for a now?
Speaker 6: It would not be an annuity. Okay, that's easy.
Speaker 5: So here's the deal at sixty years, Jordan, there's a reason I'm saying this, and the theory and what your dad talks about conversion go ahead at sixty years. What would you have.
Speaker 4: Now at sixty This is where you know we're starting to pick up some more speed, you know here obviously again, and I'll kind of circle back with the lattering maybe if he will Tom as well, just could I ran.
Speaker 6: Bone no, no, go ahead? I want you to go ahead at sixty years what.
Speaker 5: Would you have?
Speaker 4: Yes, so sixty years old, you know the idea is for somebody like that, then you take it and get that bone out.
Speaker 6: How much would how much would the account be?
Speaker 5: Jordan?
Speaker 4: So at that point you're looking at right around three hundred and eighty two thousand or in the uh what we like to call and you know this, we'll be closer about six hundred and sixty six six and sixty nine thousand on the income bay side, and that's where it's going to be hanging out the income which that comes out to about thirty K year at age sixty six hundred and sixty nine thousand guaranteed.
Speaker 5: So the account value at ten thousand grows to six hundred and sixty something.
Speaker 8: That's correct.
Speaker 4: If you look at the account value at three again, this is where you want to start laddering out moving it. This is what we strategize in and if you have that on the income bay side, which these at that point would be an appropriate thing.
Speaker 5: What are you talking about? What are you talking about? Laddering?
Speaker 6: I don't I don't understand what do you mean laddering?
Speaker 4: The laddering basically just means that for somebody who start at that young age of zero or one or so many years, Yes, the ideas one of them pull it over or put into another.
Speaker 6: Oh, to another, to another, to another annuity.
Speaker 4: Correct, correct, because then you would just okay, thing fixed, indexed and ladder them just like a step of the ladder.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, good, good, okay. So if you laddered annuities, you could be at sixty, you could be up to six hundred thousand, six hundred almost seven.
Speaker 4: You have six hundred and seventy and that'd be let's.
Speaker 5: Say seven hundred thousand. Let's say let's say seven hundred thousand with with thirty grand a year income.
Speaker 6: Is that right?
Speaker 8: That's correct?
Speaker 5: Okay, So laddering is important, which means you don't just leave it, but you take it out and redo it, take it out and redo it each time, possibly getting a benefit, a bonus whatever.
Speaker 4: Right, Correct, you got you got the great idea of that. Yep, And now would you like to add with a seventy one of the next step up?
Speaker 5: Now, hold on, hold on, So with an S and P fund not touching it, at sixty, you would have three million, fifty thousand, and uh, okay, So now let's go to sixty five years. Still the S and P would far outweigh even laddering.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, what's the next one.
Speaker 4: You're right about one million on that at sixty five, and again that's assuming that ten thousand. Nothing else add it, but sixty five getting about fifty k a year in that example there, that's good.
Speaker 6: And now that's laddering right at sixty five.
Speaker 4: That's correct. That's assuming that we just took that from fifty Yeah, basically lighted it up. You got it. So you're your.
Speaker 6: Kid good here, So you'd be at how much a million?
Speaker 4: A million? Correct, yep, which is about fifty k year?
Speaker 5: Okay, with an S and P fund, if you did it and left it alone, you'd have five million, four hundred thousand.
Speaker 6: So at five million, four thirty.
Speaker 5: Eight and that's at sixty five years old. And I'm taking that, and then let's say at sixty five and then do you do the income to age one hundred? Basically correct?
Speaker 4: You got it. Yeah, that's just showing up to one hundred.
Speaker 5: So let's divide that by thirty five years. That would give you an income every year with the S and P of one hundred and fifty three hundred and eighty dollars. If you just drew it down and did nothing else, you get one hundred and fifty five thousand dollars a year as opposed to an annuity. Now, why am I saying all this? Is it because I'm saying annuities are bad? No, I'm not. I'm not saying that at all. In fact, I'm saying just the opposite. Here's what I'm saying. Joe preaches that if you've built up a nest egg, there's nothing wrong with building up a nest egg. No one who's really young should worry about annuities. What they really should do is if they've built up a nest egg and want to secure it one hundred percent. Because remember the S and B Fund, we're going off past history.
Speaker 6: It never stays that it could be crash, it could be You know.
Speaker 5: What I'm saying is this, if you have a nest egg in a four oh one k an essay, an IRA or a retirement account, then you convert.
Speaker 6: What's the benefit there?
Speaker 2: Go?
Speaker 6: As you get older, Jordan, that's going to be it keeps.
Speaker 4: On stepping up each year. But you're looking at which age. You're saying sixty five.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 5: No, what I'm saying is is when you do that, you've locked it in and will never lose the time.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's huge saying yeah, so with the benefit, I mean you you're basically just preserving it. You're making sure that it can't step backwards. Now, I just want to say one nope, effort again, these these ever and these numbers are sharing are current, you know, last twenty years figures from twenty twenty three.
Speaker 6: No, I know, I know that, I know that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, yeah, on the market return because yeah, less But to your point, you get that for preservation here, and you also have some long term care built into there, which is that doubler means.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 4: You and you're having a two times now.
Speaker 5: Now here's something that I want to bring out that is very important. When I talk about funds, I don't know one investor in the world that did a stock fund and just left it alone. Where people get into trouble and again this is another thing that your dad and I talk about where people get into trouble, and it happens ninety nine percent of the time. Financial advisors in order to try to prove their value. They end up moving people back and forth and all around trying to catch the gains and avoid the losses. And if you take a fund like that and a regular advisement fund, you very seldom will have that growth at all, and in fact could lose big time. And that's unfortunately, what ninety nine percent of the market does. They I mean over time, I mean they gain, they lose, They gain, they lose. So you know, it's easier said than done, is what I'm saying. So I just believe there's a time and a place for all investments, including.
Speaker 6: For example, real estate.
Speaker 5: But you know, Jordan, as much as I love real estate, there's a time you shouldn't be in real estate. There's a time you should be in real estate. And the way I look at it is this real estate in the early stages of your life and mid stages have tremendous appreciation. And the longer you keep it, however, the more you catch up with possible capital expenses that you're going to have to put into it. That's why Barry Miller over at Vestera Turnkey recommends a three year horizon for each rental.
Speaker 6: Now that doesn't mean you have to do that.
Speaker 5: There are a lot of people in Denvers listening to me right now that have had rentals for twenty or thirty years.
Speaker 6: And if you have, they're fully depreciated.
Speaker 5: You're getting income, but it's the worst income you could do. It would be better. Your appreciation is almost topped out. Oh yeah, it'll go up a little, but it won't keep pace. So if you take an old er rental you've had, I talked to somebody who had thirty years they at a rental. I said, it's fully depreciated years and years ago. So the tax benefits are less. You're getting income it's paid for, but you also have eventual capital expenses you absolutely cannot avoid.
Speaker 6: And then they say, but it makes me income.
Speaker 5: Do you realize you can sell that real estate at its peak, capture that gain and put it into.
Speaker 6: Even after paying tax.
Speaker 5: You can put it into an income producing annuity or even bonds and make income now without the threat of capital improvements or any kind of real estate risk. Now, what I'm saying is that is when you convert as you get older. The mistake people make, I think Jordan, they do one investment and it's they hold on to it for life, and they never think about converting it to safety. That's the problem.
Speaker 4: True. And they trust, as you mentioned earlier, the advisors. You know, they trust that the advisors are watching open their accounts. But a lot of times those rings companies they're not. They don't, they don't.
Speaker 6: Or there or they're churning. Now.
Speaker 5: The thing that and that's what Joe and Jordan emphasize, is the time horizon to start choosing safety or income. We got more coming up on The Troubleshooter Show three all three seven one three talks seven one three A two five five. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call company insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your Troubleshooter three O three seven one three talks seven one three, eight, two, five, five eight eight eight Heating dot Com don't forget gets your deep clean for just forty five bucks eight eight eight Heating dot Com Great people as well. Now we're taking your calls, questions, problems, complaints about anything. And one thing I've been talking about are the drones. And I would like to know if anyone has a theory on the rones, any kind of theory at all. So I want to ask Dragon, do you have a theory? You've been you must have been talking about them from time time. You have a theory on them? Dragon, just come on, man.
Speaker 19: I think of it as like the tide pod thing. Maybe it was, you know, a half a dozen people just having some fun night trying to see what's what, and then now that it's hit, So really you.
Speaker 5: Do think it's coincidental. It's basically coincidental.
Speaker 19: Yeah, and more people are hearing about it, so it's like, oh, I've got a drone, let me put mine up too and see what's what's going on?
Speaker 5: What is everybody doing?
Speaker 19: So I don't I don't think it's that big of a deal as it is presented to be.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 17: I think These drones are all launched by the government. These aren't toys. Some of these drones are about the size of a Volkswagen.
Speaker 19: Ninety percent of the lights that people are seeing, if they're saying, is oh, those are just planes. So what the light in the sky that you're seeing? Can you personally identify that as being a drone or an actual plane? It's far too difficult. They're up there in the sky, little blinky lights.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: There was a huge development in this matter.
Speaker 15: Yesterday A drone pilot in New Jersey reported that he approached one of these mystery drones with his own drone and because and I didn't know this, but because the both drones were in a restricted airspace, the pilot's drone immediately shut down. This is a defense mechanism that's commonly employed in.
Speaker 1: Respected air spaces. Yeah, you do.
Speaker 15: All drones apparently have the door that the government can access and shut them down.
Speaker 1: Are you sure that I help send you a link to this article.
Speaker 15: However, the significant part of this is the mystery drone continue to operate in these in this restricted airspace without getting shut down and landing. So that tells me everything I need to know about the origin and operator of the mystery drone.
Speaker 6: What does it tell you that they know who they are?
Speaker 15: They not only do they know who they are, they're not using their shutdown mechanism to defend the restricted airspace from the mystery drones.
Speaker 5: Okay, does anyone recall somebody is asking about a case about forty five hundred dollars amount dew from a Vanessa who moved out of an apartment. And I don't know who had this case, but yeah, some, there was just some. It was in Loveland.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that wasn't an apartment.
Speaker 15: Remember this young lady called because she and her at the time boyfriend purchased a dilapidated you know, not a motor home, but a mobile home and.
Speaker 1: They never made any payments. Oh many years.
Speaker 15: They finally got booted out and locked out and then they were charged and they were well, no, they from the from the park. Well, the park got a They still ow the park many thousands of dollars. But you may recall the owner of the park called us on the air. That's right, because you hoped he was hoping to get this dilapidated home moved away so he can re rent the live Okay, and she even offered the heat. The owner even offered to make Vanessa cash payment in exchange for a title. I communicated that to Vanessa. Never heard back from her.
Speaker 1: The park owner never heard back from her, So we don't know what happens.
Speaker 5: Okay. Now, Back in October, Empire Floors did a floor that sucked, and they said it was like gaps and warping and buckling. Again, I'm trying to find people who have as people are asking about some of these cases, and I've been putting him in a file and figured we would do them when we are all together and we have time. Does anyone recall that one? It was Empire Floors. Her name was Nancy.
Speaker 1: Oh, she was up in the mountain. You remember all of them high d That wasn't my case.
Speaker 15: I don't know who worked it, but she was up in the mountain and she had a double of a time getting a refund from this contractor do.
Speaker 6: Any of you guys remember that it was in October? Nancy.
Speaker 5: I'm looking for it, but in any what's okay? It could have been.
Speaker 6: If that's the case, then if that's the case, we'll never.
Speaker 5: Know about it. I'm just kidding. Did I say that out loud, black hole. Wait a minute, I didn't say that out loud, did I. I'm looking for it. I'm looking for it. Okay, well apparently, oh there it is. Okay, here it is. I found it and guess what it wasn't anyone. They finally fixed it. It did get the dinger. We had an expert opinion from Buddy Mitchell. This is what it was. They did LVP. It started buckling. They fixed it, but nounced buckling again, and then after our analysis, it was finally fixed.
Speaker 6: Right, so I can do away with that.
Speaker 5: When some people are asking about these you know, our show is like a soap opera.
Speaker 6: Man, people want to know about this stuff.
Speaker 5: If you want to know about a case, give us a call. I'm going through my old like I put them these emails asking about cases in a folder, and I thought, you know, someday, if I have some time, I'm going to read some of these. And then we have Sindy who wants to talk about Taba Waters in Denver, and we'll come to her right after this. Plus we have my moneymway dot com Jordan Piano. Right after this, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home three Max Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here, Cindy.
Speaker 6: What's going on with you?
Speaker 5: Cindy?
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 20: So I've lived at Table Waters for about it almost two years. About a year and a half in we noticed that we were having water intrusion.
Speaker 6: So where's the water coming in?
Speaker 20: It's coming in through like our main living room wall. So it's coming through through our living rooms, like through the flying glass door. And whenever we're shampooing it up, we're shampooing almost twenty like containers of water up from the ground.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, wait a minute, wait a minute, you've been living there?
Speaker 6: Is this an apartment on the first.
Speaker 20: Floor or what first floor?
Speaker 5: And and this where is the water coming in? Is it near the like a glass door or near just randomly or what it's near.
Speaker 20: A sliding glass door. But it's like the entire wall from one side of the wall to the other, like to the other. So we've been living there in this and it's just been constantly coming in whenever it rains or anything.
Speaker 5: And so we've how do you know it's coming? How do you know it's coming through the walls?
Speaker 20: Because the wall is wet, Okay, so it's not coming up through the floor, got it. So it's coming somewhere somehow from the outside inn And it's usually when it's raining or like snowing, and it's the snow starts melting. So like after the last big snowstorm, we pulled about twenty containers of water up.
Speaker 10: So Da've like.
Speaker 20: Ten maintenance orders between the beginning and end. So we're moving out as of this week, we're moving out. The twentieth is our last day there. We have been complaining. They've revealed the concrete, they've done done drainage, but it took several months in between each complaint for them to do something right. Yeah, so one of the complaints took like six months before they actually like redd the drainage system next to our house.
Speaker 5: Well, so it did hold on, Did that solve the problem?
Speaker 20: No?
Speaker 2: None of it?
Speaker 20: Oh really So just so probably about October they decided they were going to We complained about mold. We were worried about mold issues. So they cut the wall open for our entire apartment. They leave the humidifier and bands on twenty four to seven for an entire week. I have small children, so at a certain point we were just We went and stayed at a hotel and we told them, hey, like, we can't live like this. This is torture because you're having us run these fans and this humidifier twenty four to seven, we're going to be gone for the weekend. We leave for the weekend. They're like, oh, yeah, we'll pay for part of your hotel. Well, we get the submit like whenever they submitted the information for our hotel. They tried to get us to sign an NBA and to never complain about it, and then they also tried to basically have us forfeit all claim for any damage prior or future for a Yeah it's it's.
Speaker 5: It's a waiver, got it? Yeah?
Speaker 20: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay, and you and you chose not to do it right. No, all right, hold on a second, let's continue this discussion. I need to know where it's going. I don't blame you for being concerned whatsoever. I'm Tom Martino. We'll come back to her and more on The Troubleshooter Show plus Jordan Kanno at My Moneymway dot com. Stick around, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 12: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Please time for an insurance check up free, no obligation in comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real Estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ripped of news needs You don't have.
Speaker 2: Come run anxious stas as you can.
Speaker 3: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 4: Come man, This is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 5: No Tom Martino, Hi, Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five We're here to help you solve problems, answer questions, take complain. Cindy has been in an apartment house or an apartment first floor at Taba Waters in Denver. She said that water came through the walls, excessive water, and we got to the point where she was talking about moving. I want to ask you something, sendy very quickly. When is your lease up?
Speaker 20: Our lease is up because we resigned our lease because so it was supposed to be up.
Speaker 5: All I get it. So when would that lease be.
Speaker 20: Up next year? November of next year?
Speaker 5: Okay, But you want to leave early because of the problems, which is your right?
Speaker 20: Well, we are leaving early because our apartment has told us that they are unable to fix it while we are in residence. So they can't fix our apartment while we live there. So they have told us that our choices are to move apartments or to move out.
Speaker 6: Okay, so so basically the same thing.
Speaker 5: Because of the problems, you're moving out early and where so so what are you calling it out today?
Speaker 20: They decided to release the apartment ten days after we've moved up, like they haven't lifted up currently.
Speaker 6: Wait a minute, without fixing.
Speaker 20: It, without repairing it. Sorry, go ahead.
Speaker 5: Wow, that's crazy. I mean they they lied to you and said we can't fix it while you're living there.
Speaker 20: M h yeah, that's an inhabitability issue and we need to move out. So we're like, okay, we're going to move out.
Speaker 5: So you feel wait wait wait wait wait wait, but kind of you didn't want to be there anyway, so that part you're just worried about the next people that move in, right.
Speaker 20: Yes, And I also feel like we moved in and it's probably the same thing. Is is a bait and switch. They keep moving people.
Speaker 5: I get it, but what benefit would there be? What benefit would there be of moving people in and then letting them out? To me, that doesn't sound smart. I don't think that's what's happening. I think are you sure they couldn't they didn't.
Speaker 20: Fix it, Yes, because immediately after their repair they came in inspected it. When we told them that it was still wet, they acknowledged that it was still wet. There was a maintenance order on it.
Speaker 5: So wait a minute, But Cindy, I'm not asking. I'm not asking if you agree. Here's what I'm asking. In the minds of management, did they fix it.
Speaker 20: They're a maintenance staff, acknowledge that it wasn't fixed, and in the minds of the manager.
Speaker 2: No, I did.
Speaker 5: I really, I really didn't ask that. I know what you're saying. I'm not trying to trick you. I agree with you. It's not fixed. Do they feel that they did fix it? I'm talking about before they came and reinspected it. Did they feel it was fixed?
Speaker 20: Yes, whenever the last maintenance thing, they thought it was fixed.
Speaker 7: I was fine.
Speaker 20: They closed out the maintenance ticket, and then immediately after the snow still in it got it?
Speaker 8: God?
Speaker 12: So then and then when did they tell you?
Speaker 5: Was it after the second time, after they thought it was fixed, That's when they said, well, we're not going to be able to fix it with you living there. Or was it before that?
Speaker 20: Yes, after that, after they thought it was after the last time they came in. We all thought it was fixed. That was fine. So then we had water intrusion again.
Speaker 5: And I got so as soon as you moved out. But as soon as you moved out, they they're they're renting it. They're there, it's up for rent.
Speaker 20: We're still living there currently, we're moving out currently And oh.
Speaker 5: Okay, hold on and it's up for rent right now while you're moving out.
Speaker 20: Yes, yes, it's on the website right now while we were moving out.
Speaker 5: And were you okay? My next question is this? My next question is this. Did you say to them, Hey, I noticed you're renting this place out? You said it couldn't be fixed with people living here.
Speaker 20: Yes, it's in an email and I haven't heard back from.
Speaker 5: Them, Cindy.
Speaker 15: How do you know they're not just waiting for you to move out so they can affect the repairs prior to the lieutenant.
Speaker 20: Moving in because it's only ten days and it's over Christmas holidays. When it's available, well, it's available.
Speaker 1: It doesn't mean they can move in.
Speaker 15: Doesn't mean that it's going to be available the day after you move out.
Speaker 1: It's available. Yeah, they could make the argument.
Speaker 5: We don't, Cindy.
Speaker 6: We're not trying to stick up for them.
Speaker 5: But what what Dea is saying, Deputy Dimitria is saying, Look, what if they're advertising it to get someone interested and then they say okay, you can move in January or January fifteenth, and in the meantime they go and re fix it and then have the new people move in. I don't know.
Speaker 12: I don't know.
Speaker 5: They what is the purpose of the call? What would you like us to do? We want, we want to help you, but it sounds like you're taking care of yourself, you're getting moved out. What do you what would you want us to do? Warn the new people or.
Speaker 20: Do what I'd like a warning for someone new moving in? They are available for the thirtieth. It's available for the thirtieth to move in, which over the Christmas holiday isn't enough time for repair of that extent.
Speaker 5: I'm maybe, I'm yeah, so so somehow these people are going to just move you out because they think, hey, she complains too much. Let's get somebody else in here and take our chances. That's really what they're saying.
Speaker 18: Yeah so, well thinks they're saying.
Speaker 15: But sady, how do you know that they can't fix it in ten days?
Speaker 19: Should we give rocker callings? Because how long would it take to fix a wet wall?
Speaker 20: I've just taken almost a year and a half and they still haven't fixed it.
Speaker 5: Well, because they don't. They probably don't know how. I mean, it's probably some nagging problem. Who knows where it's coming from. I mean, look at I know what you're saying, Cindy, But as far as you're concerned, though your problem is solved, you're getting the hell out of there.
Speaker 20: Right I'm my phone solved. The reason I'm calling is I don't want someone to rent my apartment and go in there and see.
Speaker 5: I think that's really great. Actually, if you think about this, I think that's really nice of Cindy. I mean, I know that's not what we normally do. We normally help people with an immediate problem. She's saying, Look, I took care of myself. I'm getting the hell out of there, but now they're renting it again. She just wants, basically to drop a dime on them. She just wants people to know. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I mean, she.
Speaker 6: Could just leave and not care. Does anyone see a problem?
Speaker 5: What did you meet you? You seem a little distress, say she. I mean, like you're you're proud.
Speaker 15: I mean, oh, I just well, Cindy hasn't offered any evidence to support her position that the repairs cannot be affected in the ten days. But yeah, I know there's Christmas in years and all that stuff. I can fix some weeks in thirty minutes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but she said, said they, She said, they don't even know how to fix it right now. They got to call someone in.
Speaker 20: So they opened up in two weeks to fix my apartment after they opened up my wall. So in that time frame they opened up my wall, they took out all of everything, they painted, they did mold clean up because there was mold in my walls. They painted the stud again.
Speaker 6: They were all, well, here's here's what I would recommend.
Speaker 5: I'm telling you wait until somebody moves in or goes or I don't know what to do. I mean, I don't think if we call here's what's going to happen. If we call them and say, look, you got someone moving out because of problems that haven't been fixed, you shouldn't be renting that out to someone new, they're gonna say, one, it's none of your business.
Speaker 6: Which is true because we don't know that.
Speaker 5: Two we are gonna fix it, and three aren't you supposed to wait until you have a problem before you solve it.
Speaker 6: That's what they're gonna say to us.
Speaker 5: And I don't mean to be a smart ass, but that's really what they're gonna say to us. Now, you know, I don't question your motives. I mean, I don't blame you. You're saying, Look, I went through hell here for a year and a half. I don't want someone else going through that. But I don't think there's much we can do about it, guys, I mean really, I just don't see what we can do about it.
Speaker 15: Wait, let's see if somebody moves in and then Cindy can call that person and say, hey, is your wall still leaking?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 5: But then what Then she says, well, I told them they had a problem and we should have taken care of it, and we didn't. I got to take a break three zho three seven.
Speaker 6: To one three talk. I don't know.
Speaker 5: This isn't in This one isn't one we can solve at this point. Three O three seven one three eight two five five Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contenth wait time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help you'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three O three seven one three talks seven one three two five to five h Let's talk to Deputy Bow. Deputy Bow, you're on with for this problem with Amber Amber. Okay, An Amber came on yesterday. I'm going to pull up the call here and Okay, her car was stolen, her dog and six puppies were in the car, and a thief was caught and the dogs were sent to Riverdale Animal Shelter. Now they're in foster care, and Animal Control says they are on a police hold and she can't have them. So basically that's it in a nutshell, right, Is that correct?
Speaker 1: Gamber?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 21: Actually so, even though I was told by the Animal Control that they were under a police hold, when I contacted the Adams County Sheriff's Department, they informed me that since the date of December second, when Officer Richie originally contained or obtained custody of my dogs, ever since that date.
Speaker 7: She had full.
Speaker 5: Uh So Amber, right, and and what I said, was they're in foster care, and animal Control said they are on policehold.
Speaker 6: But it's not true.
Speaker 5: But okay, so so anyway, let's just get to the meeting. You don't tell us that your car was stolen.
Speaker 21: And I did talk to obser Pordella about this and the reason why I could not report the car stolen because it wasn't under my name.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I did make.
Speaker 5: Whose name is the car under Let's get to that part. Whose car is it's under a Steve Murray, it's under.
Speaker 1: A Why do you know Steve Murray?
Speaker 6: Is it a friend of yours?
Speaker 21: He's not a friend of mine, he's a friend of my friends that I.
Speaker 4: Got the vehicle from.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, but in other words, you had but just wait, guys, just wait, I want to make this clear before we move on. Did you have permission to use the car? Amber Yes, Okay, keep going, go ahead.
Speaker 21: Yes, I've had the car for about a year and a half now I just okay, go.
Speaker 5: Ahead, bo okay.
Speaker 17: And then you someone said that the car was stolen in the Adams County sheriff couldn't get hold of the person who stole the car ran off, and you told us that they would not release the dogs to you till they found unless you told them who was driving the vehicle.
Speaker 21: Yes, that is what Officer Richie told me multiple times.
Speaker 7: She also told my mother.
Speaker 6: And Bo, why don't you just tell us what you found?
Speaker 5: Okay, So let's just saw Amber.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna cut to the chase.
Speaker 17: I did make a call to the Adams County Sheriff's apartment. I did talk to an officer. She wants to keep her name off the air. This is what happened. They found the dogs in the car. Apparently you or someone was living in the car when they came up on the vehicle. The dogs were in the back seat with no food and no water, and they were created and the yes, and then.
Speaker 5: They they let's just let's just hear you and then we'll hear her. Go ahead, bum okay, And so they said there.
Speaker 17: Was They took the dogs because the malnutrition. They were living in the car. The people are living in the car, so they took the dogs in and they will not release the dogs back to you.
Speaker 6: You mean the people who stole the car were living in it.
Speaker 17: No, the car was that the officer from Adams County told me the car was never ever reported stolen.
Speaker 5: Okay, they just came up. Okay, okay, and she said and she said, the reason it wasn't reported stolen because it wasn't hers and she couldn't report a stone.
Speaker 6: But here's what I want to know.
Speaker 5: Do you think, let's just say it like it is, bo Do you think Amber said the car was stolen as a way of making up an excuse why the dogs were taken.
Speaker 6: Tell them, tell me what you're.
Speaker 17: Saying, Hey, down the path to say the car was stolen so she could make me make calls, allow me to make calls as a reason to get her dogs back. But that couldn't be anything further from the truth. The car was not.
Speaker 5: Stolen, okay. So the car was not stolen, and the cops took the dogs or the animal control officer took the dogs because they were malnourished and living in the car in a kennel. Yes, and they created and they had no food or water, so they fell, Okay. So that's why they think. What they're saying is Amber was abusing, not abusing, but neglecting the dogs.
Speaker 17: That's why will they will not release them. And it's possible they they think they might have been doing other things with the dogs, like maybe what is that annoying them?
Speaker 5: Going to pol wellk okay, selling them? Is there anything wrong with selling puppies?
Speaker 6: Doing what you're doing it in a car going dogs?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a breeding yeah no igat.
Speaker 17: But the bottom line is the car wasn't stolen. There was no one, no one involved there. They came upon the car, they saw people not living in a car for at least a week.
Speaker 1: They saw the dogs.
Speaker 17: In the back seat being malnutrition malnourished, so they took the dogs in to protect them. And they're gonna put the dogs in foster care so they can have a better life than being in a car.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, Okay, Now I know she's not going to agree with it, but we can't go any further because they're totally saying these dogs were neglected. And by the way, Amber, I'm going to tell you something when it comes to.
Speaker 21: True at all, they were not neglected.
Speaker 7: They were only two weeks old.
Speaker 21: And the only reason why I had them in.
Speaker 7: The car was so that my dogs felt comfortable.
Speaker 14: Because when I took her with me to.
Speaker 21: The friend's house that I was at, there was a lot of people there, and I didn't want all those people coming in and giving her so much.
Speaker 5: But why were you transporting dogs in a car to begin with?
Speaker 6: Why weren't they.
Speaker 5: Back home in a warm room in your apartment or house?
Speaker 21: Because because the takes that I live, I don't live just by myself, and it was safer for her to come with me with her book.
Speaker 5: Okay, who do you live with?
Speaker 8: Back? Well?
Speaker 7: Check it out.
Speaker 21: There was dog food and her own water bowl right there.
Speaker 5: Okay, I get it. Okay, Hey Amber, listen, I'm not I'm not accusing you of anything.
Speaker 6: I'm just trying to find out. So where you live?
Speaker 5: You don't live alone? What kind of a place do you live in with the dogs? If they were too hot?
Speaker 21: It with me and my friends?
Speaker 7: I just I don't understand how many with them lying?
Speaker 5: How many friends ability it is to allow Amber? How many friends, Amber, Amber? How many friends?
Speaker 7: I don't see how this matters.
Speaker 5: It does matter a lot.
Speaker 17: I think if we ordered the incident report on this case, Hamber, it would tell a totally different.
Speaker 5: Buye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye. That's the signal of people, it's a bomb. We're done, We're done. We have no idea what conditions she lives in. And you know what, as amazing as it sounds, that does matter.
Speaker 9: She did.
Speaker 5: I think they thought they were doing better for the dogs, don't you, Bo, No.
Speaker 1: I think they were.
Speaker 17: I think they're doing some breeding and breeding and selling it.
Speaker 5: I just said, I think the authorities think they were doing.
Speaker 6: Better for the dogs, right, Bo.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you said no, So okay, maybe you misunderstood the question. So in your mind, Bow, the authorities were doing the right thing.
Speaker 17: I think they were by taking the dogs out of the car they were living.
Speaker 5: They were.
Speaker 17: The officer told me they were in the car for at least two weeks. And sorry, I misunderstood your question.
Speaker 5: Okay, no, no, no, no, that's good. What I'm saying is I'm asking you because you investigated, so you feel, like Tom, she's she's not getting her facts straight. And I think they were actually looking toward the well being of the dogs.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, and I think she's set.
Speaker 5: You want to know why I think she's upset. I'll tell you why I think she's upset. Why do you think I think she's upset because she can't sell those puppies?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's her Revenue Street.
Speaker 17: And she was using our show as a boy to try to get the dogs back, which I'm just crime.
Speaker 1: It would be a crime to give the dogs back to this woman.
Speaker 17: I mean, we got serious cases. I mean she she lied to us. That's what I don't like about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the car was stolen and the guy was apprehendible.
Speaker 1: Oh and she doesn't know how the dog got pregnant. Well I'm glad they're in foster care.
Speaker 5: Three three seven one three talk thrill three seven one three eight two five five. We got more coming right up. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're troubleshooter. Let's go back to Jordan piano. We're here to help you. Jordan. Let's uh, let's summarize what we've been talking about. I'm gonna let you go what uh, what do you want people to know?
Speaker 4: Yeah, mainly the thing is is just helping people turn on income. You hit on this great and on the show, and that's what we focus on, is just becoming income specialist for anybody who has an IRA four oh one K or money that's just not performing the way they're looking at in the market and they're sick of that risk. That's what we specialize is getting you money that you can count on month in and month out for the rest of your life. There long term care benefits built in for the what if and of course and if there's any money left on the table when we graduate and pass away to the next world, there that money goes to your loved ones. That is who we are in a nutshell, it's my moneymway dot Com showing you just how to turn your money on.
Speaker 5: All right, Fine, Someone wants to know if you got into an annuity for some reason and needed to get out of it, what are the different options if you needed cash?
Speaker 4: Great question. So with any annuity and with most counsel of vets, or you have up to ten percent you could take out at any given moments, and they call those the penalty free withdrawals. Now, anybody that needs more money than that, they need to cash out one hundred percent. And if in those years that have been tasked the maturity, well they can cash that money out if they're in those early years. Though, this is where you know it kind of echoes that point that these products they're meant to turn income on, they're meant to give you a payout. Now, if you're going to cash them out early, then these might not be the right products for you. But for people who have that for one kin they built up, then you can cash them out once you hit that maturity for the bonus and.
Speaker 5: All that, because there's a penalty period so to speak, that that phases.
Speaker 4: Out correct every year. And as as markets said in the Path too, you get an upfront bonus. You know, one of the incentives right now is up to fifteen percent bonus, and that money grows with the day one and every year ten percent of it's yours each year. But if you cash out early, they've got to recoup them that benefit back. Otherwise heck, and I would be in the heiti of fifty.
Speaker 5: So so how long how long is that is that phasing out? Seven years?
Speaker 8: Yeah, seven to ten.
Speaker 4: There's some companies out there that we don't deal with that. We've heard even fourteen to twenty on some of those work, you know, annuities that we don't really prefer talk about. But but for products like this, these are designed to just give you steady growth, steady income, and something you can count on without the risk of it dropping down if there's a market crash or anything of that sort.
Speaker 5: Okay, someone wants to know, they texted me, and by the way, it's they're texting my number seven four seven, nine eighty. They want to know what is the limit and time limit on the annuity for nursing homes. I don't know what that means. The oh, the money limit and the time limit? Is there a is there a ceiling?
Speaker 6: What? And when can you use it?
Speaker 5: If you have long term care riders?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so basically, once you get to eight sixty and up, the companies allow you to be able to have that option to turn it on. Now, as far as the limit, these products, they're just additional benefits. So they're not going to possibly cover everything, but they're just going to be two times whatever the monthly payout would be. So if somebody's gonna get let's say three grand a month because they're turning on their income, but all of a sudden they need nursing home or somebody in their house and he'll take care of them, whether they would double that six grand a month for the remainder thrives if they need, you know, and.
Speaker 5: Is that only after your is that only after you're eligible for income or is that early if you needed nursing care?
Speaker 4: It is early, but sixty is the cutoff for the starting point, which is pretty normal for all okay characters.
Speaker 2: No, that's SI age.
Speaker 5: So once you reach sixty, you're eligible for the long term care.
Speaker 4: Rider, correct, and then and for people who have that need most people need in their later seventies. But the point is is that you're able to turn that income on and if you're in a nursing home or a facility in your house with somebody taking care of you, well, then that's where they will double your monthly payout.
Speaker 5: And then okay, got it, so you you can get that out double if you need if you have the nursing home rider and you need a nursing home, and then is there a time Is there a time limit as to how long you can stay in there?
Speaker 13: You know?
Speaker 4: The dollar limit is is the point? And so so they're just giving you that dollar and payout, which again, if we're talking about six grand a month in that example, that's not going to be the one that pays enough to cover a full long term care facility.
Speaker 6: Correct, you know, No, I understand that it's a payout. I get it.
Speaker 5: But do they limit.
Speaker 6: The time.
Speaker 5: Or is it for the rest of your life? Can you get that double the rest of your life?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: For each person? Each company's difference, but it's majority of it. Want to be intel until the account value, uh you know gets today age one hundred.
Speaker 5: Okay, got it, I get it? Okay, cool three oh three seven one three talks seven one three two five five yees. Sometimes I don't understand, I mean seriously, I don't. I want the nuances explained. You did a good job on it. So basically, do you recommend long Does the long term care rider cost extra in in fees for that.
Speaker 4: No, So the fee that they're built in, especially with the one company we use that fifteen percent bonus. Their fee is a tenth of a percent a year, and so with that that's less than you know, when not talking about one percent, we're talking about ten percent. That includes the long term care rider, that includes the bonus, that includes that income step up, the guaranteed size. So that's all part of that, which is a minimal, minuscule amount. But uh, that's that's the best it is.
Speaker 5: So so let me ask you this. Then it does include a cost of living adjustment?
Speaker 4: You can have that, yes, so that that is additional writers that would cast us more if you're going to add on a cost of living and have a step up on your income. But they are available. It just really depends on the person situation.
Speaker 5: How much would a cost of living cost increase your fee? Approxy.
Speaker 4: No, that's that's one that I'll be honest, that's the one that's just different for each company. But it's I've seen them, you know, of a half percent, maybe get to one percent, you know, Okay, that's got it. When they look at the numbers, they got to see that, you know, to see if it's worth the cost, right.
Speaker 5: Right, And that's what you do. You you kind of do a bunch of you do a bunch of comparisons, right.
Speaker 4: It may make the best thing for everybody's buck. That's the idea is get everybody the highest payout they can get, and then of course with us laddering them and doing the strategy of that sort. Some people might not want to put the cost of living on there because then they have two or three annuities that they can let two continue to grow and turn the income on one and then turn the second one on, turn a third one on to avoid that fee.
Speaker 5: Thank you all right? Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five more Right after this, go with us sure Thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 12: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance checkup, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: Hi Tom, Martino, you're a troubleshooter.
Speaker 5: Three O three seven one three talks seven one three two five five, Greg, what's going on? Greg?
Speaker 22: Sure, I have as it's happening, and I I'm in and out listening to your program at different times. But I'm trying to figure out why would I do an annuity versus doing something like the vest A program.
Speaker 5: Well, there are two completely different things, and you wouldn't and now now in an ideal world, Greg, In an ideal world, I say, there's room for different investments in your portfolio, right, like a regular stock or or a regular investment fund.
Speaker 6: I say stock, but I mean investment fund.
Speaker 5: Maybe an annuity as you get older, and then Vestera for sure. But there's not one or the other. But I assure you, if you speak to Barry Miller at Vestera Turnkey, he'll tell you Vestera is the way to go and it will create income and equity growth and capital gains, which is income, which is good. If you talk to Jordan and Joe Kiano at my Moneymway dot com, they're going to tell you a fixed indextinuity is the way to go because it's security and it and all okay, and income. So it really and and and actually, if you talk to me at Wave eight Wealth Management, I'm going to tell you that they're all good for different times and different purposes. So there really isn't an easy answer like that.
Speaker 16: You're sixty eight, eight years old, and based on that, what do you what do you think where do you think I should put my money?
Speaker 5: Well, there's a lot more I want to ask. First of all, Okay, you're you're sixty eight.
Speaker 6: Do you own a home?
Speaker 5: Yes? Is it paid for?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 22: I still have two hundred thousand dollars I own the home.
Speaker 6: What's the equity in it?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 22: Oh, it's assessed in a million.
Speaker 5: Okay, good, good equity. Do you have good income or are you retired? No?
Speaker 22: Still working. Between my wife and I, we make about eighty ninety thousand a years.
Speaker 5: Okay in savings, just straight cash savings. What do you have.
Speaker 22: We've got about thirty thousand in cash savings cash?
Speaker 5: Okay. What do you have as far as high interest debt?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 22: Just the home, I mean high interest.
Speaker 8: Nothing.
Speaker 22: We pay off our credits.
Speaker 5: Okay, good, good, excellent, excellent, greg excellent. What do you have for investible money? In addition to the thirty grand in cash.
Speaker 22: Sitting in four to oh one ks. Right now, I've got about four hundred, five hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: Okay, and you're sixty eight okay? And then what else.
Speaker 2: Is that it?
Speaker 11: Other than the home?
Speaker 22: Other than the home?
Speaker 8: That's about it?
Speaker 5: Yes, okay, all right. I don't know what your health is or your time horizon, but you could easily the four First of all, with the four oh one K, you can't convert that into Vestera turnkey to do those rentals. You can't do that unless you went.
Speaker 22: Through my money. All my money in the four oh one ks is pre tax, so yeah, i'd have to.
Speaker 5: That's that's what I mean. So it's called wait, wait, it's called qualified money. So with qualified money, what you can't do is converted to Vestera unless you do it through a qualified intermediary, which you can do through us at Wave Wealth Management, literally we do that. We have intermediaries who take qualified money for investment accounts, or for Vestera turnkey, or for whatever qualified investment there is. However, however, with Joe and Jordan, you could literally turn the whole thing over to an annuity if you wanted to. I don't know if I would recommend that you do all of it, you could do some in an annuity and put some in a really good managed a count to make money and then turn that over later on.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, or.
Speaker 5: Go ahead.
Speaker 22: The only other thing is I also have started to take my Social Security, so I've got about thirty three hundred coming in a month on Social Security.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's really good too. Again, the answer is going to be the same. I don't think you put anything into one bucket yet you're not old enough. But I don't think you should play with your qualified money with a qualified intermediary because there's too many fees. Hang on, Kelly, you'll get your number and we will pass it on. Okay, I'm Tom Martino.