Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray WBS Costin's new radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you, Dan Watkins. As we move into the ten o'clock hour, it's in ten and eight and gonna talk a little politics. It's only twenty twenty five, and in a year from now we will be really moving into the summer of an election year. But it's not never too early to talk about politics. And there's an interesting poll that was released this weekend. Actually it was released on the twenty ninth of May, which is let's see, I think that would have been last Thursday, by the University of New Hampshire. And apparently they do a lot of polling at the University of New Hampshire, and they did a very comprehensive poll here in Massachusetts, and it dealt with a lot of issues, very in depth, which again i'll just read to you a little bit of it, and it's always tough on numbers, but we'll get to the heart of it. Massive they concluded that Massachusetts residents, this is by the University of New Hampshire, what's called State of Opinion Project. It's the Bay State Poll. Massachusetts residence back Harvard in fight with Trump, but unsure on Healey and Marquee re elections. Governor Healey and Senator Markey will stand for election in twenty twenty. Six stand for reelection, and about a third of Massachusetts residents approve of President Trump's handling of the economy, foreign policy, and overall job performance. Majorities of base state who say that the US is not doing enough to back Ukraine and that it is inappro brief for Trump to accept a jet from Cutter. Six in ten Massachusetts residents disapprove of Trump's administer of the Trump administration's treatment of Harvard University, half of base state of half of base Staters approve of Massachusetts Governor mar Healey's performance, and residents are about evenly divided on whether she deserves to be re elected. Residents are less likely to say that Senator Ed Markey deserves to be re elected, and a majority of concerned about his age. Well, when you look at the pole that we're talking about here, we have the poll that deals with Governor Healy. Mar Healey says she's seeking a second term as governor of Massachusetts. There are many, by the way, who believe that if she successfully is reelected as governor, that her eyes are actually set a little further south in twenty twenty eight, meaning the Potomac Washington Dcate. She's never going to admit that, but that's fine, no problem. So, amongst the Massachusetts voters, thirty seven percent were asked about whether she deserves reelection. Only thirty seven percent said she deserves to be reelected. That's not a huge number for an incumbent governor, particularly an incumbent Democratic governor in a state like Massachusetts. Forty percent, just a little more say she does not deserve to be reelected. Now, again, numbers are difficult, but thirty seven percent say she deserves to be reelected, forty percent say she does not. That leaves a little less than a quarter who have no opinion. Now, amongst Democrats she does very well sixty percent, but she's not even at fifty percent amongst Democrats in terms of deserving to be re elected. Amongst Republicans, she has a fraction like four percent. But here's where it gets interesting. Amongst independence, which is a large group in Massachusetts, thirty two percent say she deserves to be reelected, So she doesn't do well amongst Independence, and forty seven percent as of now says she does not deserve to be reelected. Those numbers should worry the Healey administration and should worry Governor Healey. Amongst Marquee, numbers are surprisingly similar, but a third of the voters think that Ed Markey should be re elected. A higher group forty three percent compared to forty percent with Governor Healey, think that neither deserve to be re elected, and the undecided vote is a little bigger on Markee twenty five percent. Amongst independent voters at Marquee, a majority believe he should not be re elected. So that would suggest that even in Massachusetts, we might have we just might have a competitive race in twenty twenty six for the two top spots the Governor's seat the Beacon Hill the corner office as it's called, and one of the Senates, one of the Senate seats. So what I want to do is I want to open up the phones and I'd like to hear from Healey supporters or people who don't support Heally. I'd love to know if there are people out there who wanted to tell me if the election were held today, would they vote to return Governor Healey to the Corner Office or would they look for either of the Republican candidates. We've had the two Republican candidates on within the last week or so. Actually, I think it was a little longer than that. Lasted a couple of weeks we had Brian short Sleeve and Mike Kinneely, both of whom are pretty impressive candidates, and they have raised some serious money. They have a long way to go, obviously, and as a Republican you're always going to be an underdog in Massachusetts. There's no Republican who officially has announced to run against Ed Markey. But this poll, which is again I think a pretty comprehensive poll, in one that people will look at. The headline in the Herald today, Healey's performance not popular, new poll finds. So I just would love to hear from some of you right now as to whether or not if are you inclined to return Governor Healy for another four years? Are you inclined to send Ed Markey back to the US Senate for another six years, or are you going to look for some alternative? Now, again, we don't know who would be the Republican nominee to run against Markey, a little early for that, and we're not sure which of these two Republicans, Brian Shortsleeve or Mike Kenney, both of them, as they say, joined us last week, not last week the week before that, excuse me, So they were they were here with us in the in the last the second last week of May six one seven, two thirty six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. Again, I just think this poll is interesting. I'm surprised at the weakness that both of the incumbent Democrats seem to have. This is a comprehensive poll, and I think it's based upon having looked at what I call the internals. I think this is an accurate snapshot in time. And I'd love to know if you have always voted Democratic and you're going to vote Democratic again, or if you have always voted Democratic and maybe want to switch it up. Conversely, if you did not vote for either Healey or Marque in their last elections, uh, if you feel that, hey, they deserve reelection. I'm always looking for people who are telling me that, uh, yeah, I was with them, I'm not anymore, or guess what I've come to to to light them more. Six one seven two thirty six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. If if this topic is not one that lights it up. There's a couple of other topics I can go to, but this is one I'd like to try. I'd like to see if my audience is it all aligned with this poll.
Speaker 3: Or not.
Speaker 2: That's what we're talking about here at night Side. It's the ten o'clock hour, Join the conversation, trying to keep it positive and polite. That's what this show is all about. No, no hitting below the belt. Okay, thanks very much. Moving back on night Side with some phone calls right after this.
Speaker 1: You're on night Side with Dan Ray one you BZ Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: Let's go to the phone is going to go first off to John in den Him. Hey, John, welcome, first up this hour and Nightside. Thanks for checking in. What's your thought on Let's start with Governor Heally?
Speaker 4: Well, before I comment on her quick question to my own information, you had the State honor on the other night and I sar and Sham five. I think she's incredible about the about auditing the legislature. Yeah, yeah, correct, Where has Heally decided on what such? Do you know if Heally's lean on either side of my understanding?
Speaker 2: My understanding from the state auditor who's a Democrat, is that Healey is not supporting her in her efforts. It's sort of a you know, she's a constitutional officer as the state order. She's one of the six elected statewide, as is heally, the governor, the Lieutenant governor of the attorney general, the state auditor, the state treasurer, and I missed and the Secretary of State. So you got there are six people who are elected statewide. She was elected statewide. And also that there was a poll on that issue. That's seventy two percent of the voters a ballot issue in twenty twenty two. Excuse me, in twenty twenty four, wanted that the auditor to have the ability to audit the state legislature, and the state legislator has frustrated audited Dizaglio and Governor Healy has not come out in favor of an audit of the state legislature.
Speaker 4: So she did explain it very well on your TV. And I'm sure, like a lot of voters, I'm not too happy about that. But when you had to go to the topic of the evening, you had Brian Shortsleeve on a week or two. Yeah, yeah, Alaria with them yeah.
Speaker 2: I had him and I had Mike Kennely on I thought they both did very well. Shortly best known as having been the interim head of the MBTA, and Kennealy was a secretary, a cabinet secretary under Governor Baker, so they both have genuine government experience, and I thought that they both presented themselves very very impressively.
Speaker 4: That was and it's basically information I have now, and it's not a lot, but on that railing, I think missus Shaw has definitely got my vote, and heally, I'm just disappointed with where she's gone, especially recently watching them. Not sure if you saw the press conference day with Ice and the arrests they made in Boston, and if even a fraction of that is true, if I remember the primary responsiblity the government's protected citizens, and I think she failed miserably on that. If she played any part in keeping these people from Ice and our cooperating with Ice, that was I couldn't believe the statistics.
Speaker 2: Well, no, no, she has instructed the state police not to cooperate with Ice, and they rely upon this Supreme Court decision called the Lund decision, which to me is a very confusing decision and that goes it goes in direct contradiction, in my opinion of you, a Supreme Court decision, the Arizona decision in twenty eleven, where basically the Supreme Court went and said that immigration law is preempted by the federal government and they knocked down some efforts by a governor of Arizona at the time, Governor Brewer, to have stricter laws they are actually a border state, and the Supreme Court said, nope, federal government is the one who determines federal immigration law. And it just seems to me.
Speaker 4: That regardless of the Court that the fact is that if he knew there's these criminals, convicted criminals, known criminals, and she's not turned them over, forget running gag. I think she should resign immediately.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I don't think. I don't think that you can prove or anyone can prove that Governor Healey or any other public official has sheltered anyone. I'm sure that there are some pretty bad people who have come to Massachusetts because it's perceived as a sanctuary state.
Speaker 4: State police not to cooperate with ice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I think that's very clear. She appoints the state police commander, the commandant of the of this of what they call the colonel of the state police here in Massachusetts. And that's that's true. Let me ask you, did you vote for her last time around or were you not a supporter?
Speaker 4: I was not a supporter. Okay, I'll vote Democratic a pay up again. I don't care about the party. I'll vote for who I think is best.
Speaker 2: Okay. But what I'm saying is so she's not losing a vote with you, is the point I'm trying to make. All right, John, But go ahead. I'm sorry. Did I interrupt you?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, sorry, real quick. I'll just say say this. I just asked you, if the Massachusetts voters do your homework, do your due diligence, don't just vote on the party lines. Just don't vote for somebody because you voted from all your life at the parties. I wish just these people would just do their due diligence before they make their vote.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, they're they're they're more than half the voters in Massachusetts are now registered as unenrolled. I think the Democrats have about thirty five percent roughly, and the Republicans have like eleven percent and more than half are now unenrolled voters. They they make up the largest a group of affiliated voters. So both parties neither party is attracting the loyal voters of what of times past? And this this poll is I think raises some pretty serious questions as to whether or not some money might come in here on this campaign upcoming, because if any one of these campaigns are considered to be a fool's errand well, a lot of the money stays out of the race. But once it appears that maybe in company is a little bit more vulnerable than they were expected, then money comes in. And whoever wins the Republican nomination, whether it's short sleeve, your guy or kneely, will have I think more money to handle. And of course heally will get more money because the Democrats will want to hold a seat. So it's going to get interesting. And where this is the first time we've touched it today only because the UNH has released this poll. If you get a chance to read the poll, it's a really, I think a solid interesting poll, and that's why I'm bringing it to everyone's attention tonight Tough One Radio to talk numbers. But thanks for joining us. John very much appreciated. Thanks talk again, good night. All right, we're going to take quick break here. I got wide open lines. Well, I'm going to go to Stephen Worcester next, and I got in line six one, seven two, five four ten thirty or six months, seven nine three one ten thirty. I think politics is a sport here in Massachusetts, right along with baseball, football, hockey, and basketball. And I think that this poll, maybe you haven't seen it, I've reported it to you directly. It would seem to me that Governor Healy has some work to do if she wants to get re elected. I don't think that that she is in huge trouble at the moment, but I think that the rumblings are there in this poll. I'd love to get your take on it. Feel free you have the number six one seven two, five four to ten thirty or six months seven nine three one ten thirty. The question is pretty simple. Governor Marra Heally does she deserve to be re elected? Senator Ed Markey does he deserve to be re elected? This is an overwhelmingly democratic state, There's no question about that. We really have two major parties in Massachusetts, the Democrats and the unenrolled. The Republicans are a fraction of what each of those are. Feel free to join the conversation. We'll carry this maybe until eleven o'clock I'd like to, and if not, we'll we'll move on to something else. We're coming right back on Night Side. It's Night Side.
Speaker 1: Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Dan Watkins. We will get to the Karen Reid trial, not tonight, but probably sometime later this week because now the defense ran into some choppy waters today. We'll have to see how that works out. Okay, let's keep rolling here. We're talking about a poll out of the University of New Hampshire that, interestingly enough, showed that in Massachusetts, Donald Trump's approval rating had gone up a point from March. Interesting. I would that surprises me a little bit. After all of the tariffs, et cetera, and his disapproval rating went down. He still is two to one, on the wrong side of two to one here. But in that same poll, there's suggestions that perhaps Governor Heally and Senator Marky may not have a cake walk to re election and may actually have a problem coming up. Let's see what people think gonna go next to Steve in Worcester. Got a couple of lines open if you want to join us. Steve, you are next on Nightside.
Speaker 3: Welcome, Hi Dan, Thanks thanks for taking my call. Thanks, I've listened many times. I appreciate your program and the way that you get in depth into issues.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I think I think I think the problem with Heally is that she is just following the party notion that we should be an empathetic, sympathetic, open arm country and welcome anybody in. It's almost like something religious. We've learned after nine to eleven and other events that you have to pay more attention. I don't think people walk into your house unannounced if you don't know them, and the country should be the same way. I'm for immigration. I own a business that's filled full of immigrants. They're legal, they're hardworking, they're great people, but they're not criminals.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 3: I think that the last three administrations, Biden and the two Obamas, they talk tough, but it's been kind of an open door, especially with Biden.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I think you're right on, especially with Biden. Because President Obama deported I think about three million people.
Speaker 3: I don't know. It doesn't get talked about much. She did deport a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I left so unhappy with him. And as a matter of fact, the left, many in the left, on the hard left, nicknamed him the deporter in chief. Whether or not Donald Trump wrest that title from President Obama former President Obama, remains to be seen. So did you have you? Did you ever support Heally? So you're not a vote that's leaving Healey here?
Speaker 3: No, I'm not.
Speaker 2: And what's your thought on Markey? I mean, Markey has the complication also of he'll be seventy nine when he runs for reelection, and that apparently that's not a concern for Heally. She's not anywhere close to that. But that's for Markey as well.
Speaker 3: Markey is just a Marky is just a career politician, and he he follows his mind as to what he thinks is important. And in this state, you know what this state is. I've lived here my whole life, and I can't say too often I vote for if I want to stay in business.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I know I get that, but well I don't know that they can do anything to you in terms of business. But the point is that Massachusetts, in my lifetime and in your lifetime. You think about Governor Baker, you think about Governor Romney, Governor Governor Salucci, acting Governor Swift, Governor weld Ed King was a governor and he was a very different type of Democrat. Frank Sergeant was governor. John Volpi was governor. We've had a lot of Republican governors in Massachusetts.
Speaker 3: My father told me when I was a little boy that the governors in this state are quite often Republican, even though everything else is democratic, because the governor is in charge of finances more than you know the congressional people.
Speaker 2: Right. And what I'm saying is, but if you look at these poll numbers from the University of New Hampshire Pole, which has came out last week, Heally's got a potential problem here. I mean, if I'm if I'm Healey's campaign manager, I'm looking at these numbers and say, WHOA, I don't like what I see here, And maybe that maybe voters in Massachusetts republican and independence primarily Democrats are going to pretty much stay in line, as this poll indicates. But even even overall amongst Democratic voters, there's there's a there's eleven percent of Democratic voters, which is not a lot, but eleven percent of Democratic voters who say Governor Healy does not deserve to be elected. That's a number, and forty seven percent of independence, which is a big number, certainly amongst Republicans. It's eighty three percent. You take those numbers today, and that is a If those numbers were to hold or to get worse, she would not be reelected.
Speaker 3: I understand what you're doing, and I agree with you. She's she's following the whims of her heart and the people, yep, and just doing whatever she wants to do and snubbing her nose at the federal government. All right, look what this ants did to Martha's vineyard or Nantucket wherever he sent that plane at Martha's vineyard, Wake up Massachusetts.
Speaker 2: Martha's video on the Dame Martha's Vineyard, welcomed those immigrants for about great for thirty six hours, and they put them on a bus to the Cape, you know, which was I thought disgraceful at the time, But that's I tend to see things a little differently sometimes, Steve, thank you, thank you for your call. Always great here from Worcester.
Speaker 3: Thank you much, thank you very much. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Dan okay six one seven, two, five four ten thirty if you want to get in or six one seven nine three one ten thirty. Let me go to Greg in Dorchester. Greg, welcome back. How are you, sir?
Speaker 5: Hey Ken, thanks for taking away Carl.
Speaker 2: You're welcome. Did you have a good dorchesterday on Sunday?
Speaker 5: I didn't even go to it. I used to go years ago. With things to change, I mean the younger crowd.
Speaker 2: And that's okay, that's wrong with that.
Speaker 5: So and I live on the other side of them, not too far from college hype there, I'm up her own crocodile.
Speaker 2: Are exactly where that is. I'd had my friend jacked already on the other night.
Speaker 5: Yeah, great guy, great guy.
Speaker 2: So what do you what do you think? I know you probably haven't read this poll, but I've tried to give you. It's always tough to talk numbers, but just give you a sense that there's a lot in this poll. If I were mar Heally, I'd be a little concerned about these.
Speaker 5: Numbers, and be concerned, and I'd be happy. I'd be happy to see her go.
Speaker 2: Really. Yeah, have you voted for her before? No? Okay, so you're not you're not going to cost her a vote.
Speaker 5: That's sorry. I couldn't vote for her.
Speaker 2: For what about what about Marky Senator Markey?
Speaker 5: He should have signed.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you want him out before twenty twenty six?
Speaker 5: Oah, yeah, I think Kennedy will come up. And I think here, I've been their own politicians for a long time and that year and Mary Walls is getting kendebitch and he might rule against Macre, either him or Charlie Baker.
Speaker 2: I don't think Baker's going to give up. Baker's making eleven million dollars as I understand it with the NCAA, and I think.
Speaker 5: That Dnnie Walsh is making big money too, but he's not.
Speaker 2: Making he's making supposed he's supposed he making three which is big money, don't get me wrong, but it's it's that's about a quarter of the eleven that Bakers make. You know what.
Speaker 5: I wasn't the political thing there About a month ago a fundraiser I won't mention the name, friend, friend of yours, okay, And I was talking to that guy close to Marie Walsh, and he told me he was getting kind of witchy. He's like he'd like to try something else.
Speaker 2: I think, well, you know the thing about money wa wash is one. He's a lot younger than people think, meaning he was mayor for a long time. Yeah, but he's in his early fifties if I'm correct here.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's right, you're right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and uh and sometimes uh, people in their early fifties say, you know what, I've done this long enough. I don't know. I think it's tough to walk away. I think he likes the job that he has. I don't think.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I know him for a long time. I'm a friend that I remember when he was dying. Oh, I know, he had leukemi and I used to visit him in the hospital. He used to speak peace and them. Hospital foods is terrible, but he was very sick. Yeah, and he's a great, great grind. The family, the family, a great, great family altogether.
Speaker 2: No, I came. I came to like Mayor Walls a lot, and he's.
Speaker 5: Yeah, mat he should should. I was to guard the shirt, I mean miss Ricardo. All of them crowded like I think Mary Walsh had a story and the goal there a couple of weeks ago. Got the trouble with the Democrats is they didn't have a they didn't have a message, and they don't have a message.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, I'm looking back on that race and I'm saying to myself, how was it that Harris the vice president picked the guy from Minnesota who turned out to be a buffet? Yeah? Matter of fact, he Oh, if I can find this here real quickly, I want I want to play this for you because you'll get a kick out of this. Rob. There's one sound bite I'm trying to find here real quickly, and Rob, if you can pull cut number sixteen, this is a hysterical sound by This is Tim Walls. I want to know how the people of Minnesota. And by the way, I've spoken recently with some Democrats who just saying the same thing. I am, why did did Harris not pick Governor Shapiro of Pennsylvania who was a very a competent and accomplished governor in a really important state. This is Tim Waltz in South Carolina at a Democratic convention. They save the road to the White House. The Democratic Party runs through South Carolina. Just listen to this guy. I want to get your reaction in just one minute. Greg, Just listen to what he has to say this is Walts sixteen.
Speaker 6: Rubb I called Donald Trump a wanna be dictator.
Speaker 2: It's because he is. It's because he is.
Speaker 6: Oh, the governor's being mean, and the governor's speaking out on that. Well, maybe it's time for us to be a little meaner. Maybe it's time for us to be a little more fierce, because we have to ferociously push back on this. And again, I'll speak to my teacher colleagues in here. The thing that bothers a teacher more than anything is to watch a bully, to watch this bully.
Speaker 2: And to stop it.
Speaker 6: And when it's a child, you talk to him and you tell them why bullying is wrong. But when it's adult, like Donald Trump, you bully the out of him. Back, you push back, You make sure they know it's not there.
Speaker 2: Because at heart, at heart, this is a weak, cruel man that takes.
Speaker 6: It out and punches down on people.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: Oh, she take it.
Speaker 5: She'd take a different the Black River near Mallows Bliss.
Speaker 2: I gotta tell you if the Democrats are crazy enough to endure us to have him on the ticket again. Uh, he was, he was.
Speaker 5: I think he's mistake they made down Rick's Tim Kane was this was the I.
Speaker 2: Came from Virginia, but he wasn't. Maybe he didn't add much to the ticket nothing, that's a thing. Yeah, But I think Governor Shapiro would have been a much better choice.
Speaker 5: He definitely would. He would have probably carried Pennsylvania for him.
Speaker 2: About that, yeah, you know, And I think that he was much more sophistical. Waltz comes across like just to me, he's like a goober. I mean, he was, He's a phony. He's a guy that wanted to let people think he was a pheasant hunter and he couldn't load a shotgun and uh, and then that he really wasn't a football coach.
Speaker 5: I just you know, I mean the way I look at a lot of people who are with me. I don't like the politics, no more a religion. But Donald Trump now fairness, he will, he will, he will fair and square. The people in the United States voted for him, and they voted for him, and I think he's doing a good job.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: I think that poll suggests that maybe his uh, I think he's had a I think he had some shaking time in early April, but I think that these he settled it down. We'll see, we'll see, I'll criticize him when they do something wrong. Greg, you can count on that. Thanks, my friend, are gonna let you go, gotta go, all right, right, good night, good night, all right, let's gotta take a break. Uh again. If if you folks in Massachusetts and are any want to chat about this, that's great. I'm going to change topics at eleven o'clock. We're going to go international tonight at eleven. So you got about seven or eight minutes to check in. Check on in six one seven two five four ten thirty Bill in Pennsylvania, awaits uh six one seven two five four ten thirty or six one seven nine thirty. We'll come on right back on night Side.
Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Boil. If a few more minutes left in this hour, lines are kind of quiet tonight, which surprises me, and so they or if everybody in Massachusetts has had their say on the political futures of Healy and Markey, go look at that. Unh pole, folks, open up your eyes on that one.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: Maybe a year from now we'll say, hey, that was a harbinger of things to come. And I first heard about it all night so let me go to Bill in Pennsylvania. Hey, Bill, welcome back. COI buddy, how you doing.
Speaker 4: I'm doing. I'm doing good, Dan, Yeah, I uh, I listened to you all the time because a lot of a lot of real news. Okay, I can get from w b Z and I can't get from any of these other legacy medias. That's for sure. That poll, that poll is is uh we uh down here in Pennsylvania. I get a feeling that it's the same thing that that Trump has gone up maybe a point or two. I think there's there's my My theory is this, Dan, that across the board. Okay, people have got to look at the bull faith lies that we've been told that you know, I mean, it's just one after the next, you know, and the ones that the ones that really, uh I think have changed people's opinions was the border is closed. That's one of them. Okay. The other the other one is he's sharp as attack. That's another one. And I think that uh, you know, all along the way Trump said what he was gonna do, and now he's in there. Okay, I can say I got a buddy in Philly. I got a buddy in Pittsburgh. And both of them the same thing. One's one's uh, real Democrat, the other one's kind of uh he dropped out of Democrat party and he calls himself an independent.
Speaker 5: But you know what they like.
Speaker 4: They like law and order. And when they see uh, these uh real criminals being rounded up and kick the hell out of here, Okay, that goes down well with them, and it and and the women, okay, really like it.
Speaker 2: So I think that well, I think I think the point you make it is an interesting point, and and let me just just echo a little bit of it. I think that when the administration keeps their focus on MS thirteen, Trende de Agua, the Venezuelan gang and people who have been convicted or have been charged with, you know, sex trafficking child, you know, pedophilia, there's a lot of these crimes that are pretty bizarre, okay. And they saw the crimes last fall when the NFL football players were playing and their homes were being broken into and they were arrest made in those cases. I mean, there are a lot of people who were victimized by crime, never mind the people who have lost their lives. And I think that and I think that the Trump administration to be critical sometimes they it's like, let the aten U could deal with the aten year old kid. This kid's an eighteen year old kid going to Milford High School. There's nothing in his background that suggests that he's a gangbanger or anything like that. The toughs University student. I'm sure you saw the video many times of the woman who was arrested. She wrote a stupid editorial in a stupid college newspaper and I read it, and believe me, there's nobody who's more pro Israel in the media in Boston than I'd like to think I am. And tomorrow night. I wanted to get to it tonight, but I wanted to let that story percolate. What happened out in Bola, Colorado yesterday is appalling, is absolutely appalling, and we'll get to that. And when you combine out what happened to the two members of the Israeli embassy down in Washington last week, we shot to death. I mean, this stuff is just happening with too much frequency, and we as a nation need to stand up to it, you know, we really do.
Speaker 4: And yeah, absolutely, And the other thing Dan that I think is really kind of percolating underneath is this Jake Tapper book. Now I'm not a big Jake Tapper fan, all right, but him and the guy from Axios that wrote this book. If you notice that hardly, you know, it's only getting publicized, and I mean it's only getting airtime certain places. But okay, when we find out that. And the other thing was what really you know, when he kept saying, well, I'm not gonna I'm not gonna pardon my son Hunter, I'm not gonna do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think he remembered saying what he said. But but beyond that, by the way, Uh, I'd love to get Tapper or his co author on and talk about it. Uh. You know, they all they have to do is give us a call and will and we will have them all.
Speaker 4: They should they they should, Yeah, no, they should. They should come on w b Z and and uh And I mean, you got a lot of people out here would would like to hear what they had to say, and.
Speaker 2: We reach a lot of people, and we do it in depth. You know, if they go on a lot of it's like a thirty second sound bite. No, well, I would we would go into some some depth on it. That's for sure. Hey, Bill, I appreciate you all.
Speaker 4: And I think yep, and I think all these lies, okay, are hurting a Democrat party.
Speaker 2: Dan Well, I don't think they're helping him, that's for sure. And we'll have to see how it works out here in Massachusetts. Ending up, is Shapiro up for reelection next year or no? Uh?
Speaker 4: Governor Well, I tell you, I know Fetterman's coming up for a re election next year, I believe.
Speaker 2: But the way spoke today in Boston, I think Fetterman has uh is more impressive than I initially thought. To be honest with you, he was up here.
Speaker 4: He was really hurting, for certain when he first came on the scene. But I wouldn't be a bit surprised if if McCormick doesn't convince him to do switch sides.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't think that's going to happen. But McCormick and Fetterman spoke today at the Kennedy Institute here in Boston. Hey, I got a run, Bill, Thank you much. We'll talk to have a good one. Take it easy, Oh we come back. I want to talk about Ukraine and an amazing attack that they were able to execute on Russia, and I hope you want to talk about that. We'll be back right after the eleven o'clock News