Speaker 1: What's going on? Racers?
Speaker 2: Welcome to another dish of motor sports Monday. I'm your horse Brown Performance host Terry Bridges. Welcome. Say a beautiful Monday out. I got the I got the slats open the windows here and it looks it's looking like a pretty beautiful evening. I know it's hot up here in the studio, so when it's hot up here in the studio, it's warm outside. So what a beautiful day today? Kind of had a good day today, wasn't wasn't too bad? Hi, Leaylani, Dapper Dave, what's going on? First of all, I gotta think my sponsors, Fourth Dimension Computer racecal Scott Mater. I'm watching you from the backyard. Yay, that's awesome. I love it. I hope you have a cocktail in your hand. Fourth Dimension Computers racecal Scott Mater, awesome, awesome dude, Product forty one dot com, Ronnie Swires and of course Brian Katola, Gnarly three sixty and Ironclad Gloves. Right there, I want to give a big shout out to Team thirty one Travis Woodward, two guys that really definitely Woodward is all about motorsports Monday.
Speaker 1: So appreciate that. Hey, coach, how you doing? Hey?
Speaker 2: Thank you appreciate that. Tonight we have three very awesome guests tonight. I'm i'm I'm really looking forward one of them I haven't talk to.
Speaker 1: Hey, what up, Todd?
Speaker 2: Uh? It's Blaine Rocca. He will be on at seven forty five. He's part of the Spears SRL series, just picked up a win at socked in ninety nine. And Duyanne the Suitcase Sharp has been a cruchief all year. Seems like they got a good thing going on. And that's at seven forty five. We're gonna close the show out with mister Rocca. But Renee Angel seven fifteen, she'll be our first guest here in about fourteen minutes. Brand new twenty twenty four uas Grand National Champion. She wins the race, but she doesn't win the war, so she's she's not the Grand National Champ.
Speaker 1: She's the Grand National Race winner.
Speaker 2: Ryano otherwise known as Ryan Fernandez, is your twenty twenty four uas Grand National Champion with points and where he finished and everything. He is the overall and he has crowned the best in the uas pretty pretty awesome. We're gonna try to get him on later in the week. We're gonna have Championship Week once the Fall Classic is over, and we're gonna be talking to a whole bunch of different champions. Might be three days, might be all week. We're dapper and I are trying to figure it out. What a Bobby Pendergraph. Wow, we talk about some history there. Hey, what's up Brock.
Speaker 1: Hey man? Everything is great, Franco, what's up? Brother?
Speaker 2: So good to see all these awesome faces on here. Thanks a lot for the support you guys. I appreciate it. And our other guest at seven point thirty. He does it all. He's pretty well rounded. He does carts, he doesn't midge it. He does late models, or has done late models. Twenty twenty four w m RH Championship both as a driver and and uh and he won the owners Championship as well.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: He's got some big news talking about maybe doing some stuff with the w m r A regionally. So looking forward to talking to Tony Berry tonight at seven point thirty and finding out what what's happening.
Speaker 4: You know that.
Speaker 2: And I've got some and I've got some shouts today, and really I want to shout out Dylan Wolf and Matt Barrett. They both did amazing jobs last Saturday at South sam taking home some championships and winning the race. And I also want to shout out my buddy double m Mike Michaelson. He ran down there at River City and that's in Scaphoo's or Saint Helens is what they call it.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: He took his pierstock out there. Hey, thanks, John, appreciate it. What's a big dude, And he won the peerstock deal. Then he moves up a class with that same puerstock and finishes third, so in a class that that car is not even really I mean, hey, David Shorn killed it up there in Canada too, right, His mom was texting me some stuff that's pretty amazing. So great job to David Shorn up there in Canada too. And Sarah Hodgston, she was from Keith Marshall Racing. She got to bump bump the pass championship at State Line. That's pretty cool. And I I and this is pretty much for everybody, right. I was just jotting down some names that had but and the names that come to mine are are Jeremy Means, Corey Pinfold Galen and Carlos Stewart, Doug Hobbes, Jeremy Anders, Matt Alexander, Nick Benn, the Onams, the Waldon's Adam Nelson over there at UH Meridian.
Speaker 1: I just want to shout out.
Speaker 2: All those people for a job super well done all year. You know, it's a we look at these people that that put this stuff on and it's behind the scenes, and you know, it's really it's really thankless.
Speaker 1: What up, Dylan Rupert's up? James Dorman? That'd be birthday, brother?
Speaker 2: Oh that was your brother, Larry Jr. Well happy birthday to you anyway. But it's really unsung, right you you you we go to races and we sit in the stands and we you know, we indulge in some adult liquid beverages and sometimes it makes us brave, and you know, we get to chat. But you know, really we go there in the stands, we pay our money, we sit there and we watch some really good racing, right, we watch our favorite people. We're all excited, yes, you know, and then when it's all over, we take off and we get in our cars and we take off.
Speaker 1: We don't think about all of the stuff that it took.
Speaker 2: Before we got there, the track prep, the you know, the meal prep, the concessions, the the worry, the oh my goodness, the back gate and getting all the pit passes right, and you know who's free and who's on the list and who isn't on the list, and you know it's my flagman here, and do we have you know, our corner piece.
Speaker 1: You know all that stuff, it just goes unseen.
Speaker 2: And then we get all done, and we hopefully we all throw our trash in the garbage and we jump in our cars, we take off, and we don't even think about all of the stuff that goes on once the races are over. You got to tally points. You gotta tally the money. You got to give out the money. You gotta make a post that to see who won. You gotta make sure the grand stands are clean and the garbage cans are dumped, and everything's like, I mean, you get where I'm going. It's it's really a lot and and and I think a lot of us sometimes we get in our soapbox or our high horse and we.
Speaker 1: We wanna we.
Speaker 2: We want to talk shit about these guys. But I'm I'm telling you, it's a thankless job, and it's a hard job, and they're doing it not just every now and then. I mean they're trying to do this each and every week throughout the summer. And so I just wanna I just want to shout out. You know, you gotta get ads out, you gotta get uh things on social media so people want.
Speaker 1: To come you. I mean, it's a lot.
Speaker 2: I mean I just do my show and and I don't even probably do that as good as I should. It wasn't for Dapper, probably nobody would even know. But what I'm saying is those guys have an amazingly tough job.
Speaker 1: Each and every weekend.
Speaker 5: They're doing that weekend and week out.
Speaker 2: You know what is that twenty twenty six, you know, thirty thirty six weekends out of the year.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's crazy how much work they put in.
Speaker 2: You know, you got to get your people, and you know, everybody needs to get paid. And somebody calls out sick, and I mean, we just don't know. And so I just want to shout out all all of the promoters here in the Northwest, from Roseberg to down and Bend. You know, just everybody you got are amazing. Your race tracks are spotless when we show up. The pit areas are always nice. There's you know what I'm saying, There's there's merch there for us to buy. There's for the most part, really good food there for us to buy. There's cold beer for us to drink. I just got to say, I'm I'm in awe of all of them, and I love and respect all of them, and they just need to get shouted out because it is a And whether you're karting or whether you're doing big cars, or you're doing you know, whatever you're doing.
Speaker 1: Just out at Rainier.
Speaker 2: You know, Jennifer Johnson's are scoring, and and you know, you've got Lippy they're working.
Speaker 1: And and and Anna.
Speaker 2: Singleton doing you know, driving and making sure her daughter's racing too, making sure she's good, and putting out fires and making sure people are got pit passes and and nobody's trying to sneak it.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's it's crazy. And so these these people.
Speaker 2: We we need to, I mean, we really do need to stand up and give these folks a standing ovation, because seriously, we would have nothing.
Speaker 1: Without them.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm Matt Streeby up there at Streamby Speedway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not a big deal. It's not a big huge thing.
Speaker 2: But every weekend, that guy goes back and watches film so he can figure out who led this lap. He can tell you, he can tell you how many laps, how many laps the champion led all year, He can tell you who led lap one through whatever. I mean, he goes back and watches film on this stuff to make sure that he has those stats. And I'm telling you it, it's, uh, we overlook that way too much. And I don't want to be the dead horse, but we really do. We overlook that way too much. These people are putting their heart and souls in this. Hopefully they're getting paid, but you know, it's it's a tough deal too, right. You got to make sure your employees get paid, then you get paid. And so I mean, I mean, it's just a lot. So a big shout out to all the promoters, all the people that work the track. Hey, Ricky, what's up, buddy, Ricky Whorley, my man Midnight Motorsports.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and a lot of volunteers.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's just, uh, we need to stand up and give these race tracks a huge round of applause, right because, uh, it's it's pretty impressive what they do each and every week, each and every week, right, so and and and that's that doesn't even count listening to all the bitch and all the stuff on Facebook and the keyboard Warriors.
Speaker 1: You know, always.
Speaker 2: Uh, you know, there's always a better way when you're not doing it. It's a lot harder when you got to do it. And I think most of these people are doing the best that they possibly can. And I think for the most part, they have they have everybody's best interest in mind. Okay, yeah, there might be a few that are. You know, there's always a there's always a few bad apples. I don't know any, at least not around here, but we just need to stand up. I applaud them greatly because the job they've done all year long is just incredible. And that and and like I said, and that goes for all the people that are working there, you know.
Speaker 1: I mean, you got guys like Kenny Burns and Sandy.
Speaker 2: Allen and Alan Haynes, you know, and Stormy Martin and they're all doing pictures and I mean, and I'm missing some people too.
Speaker 1: There's GM Ballard.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's so many, you know, elevate media, rattlesneak media.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's just so many.
Speaker 2: People all putting stuff in to uh, to try to make this all go right. It's it's everybody putting their little piece into the pie to make it the best they can for for everybody. So Kravitz, what's up?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 2: Thank you big don No, it's just obvious when you really stop and look at it. None of these guys get enough credit. Coming up at seven fifteen, I love them all, by the way too. Seven fifteen, we got Renee angel U as Grand Nationals winner. Here sheet is is, let's welcome into the show. Oh you're twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Race winner Redy Agent. Oh my god, how huge?
Speaker 5: Just this girl?
Speaker 4: Oh my god. I still can't believe it.
Speaker 2: You better believe it. I mean, you know how many times you've been there and been close or been decent or been decent and then not or missed it or I mean, this is I mean, this is huge.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Actually a Mayage saying we're talking about this last night, and I think this win is actually bigger than b K was. B K was an emotional man, but it wasn't you know. I mean, there was a couple of fast guys. There. There was a bunch of people, but only a couple of fast guys. And I mean realistically, out of the field from Saturday, there was probably twenty guys that could have won it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, and and and so you know, and there was and let's let's be real here.
Speaker 1: I mean, there weren't a lot, but what was there was really good?
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, you know what I mean. I think it was probably the most stacked field that I have ever raced with, right, I.
Speaker 2: Mean there was Southern, there was Fremandez, there was Huddle, there was Nick Moore, there was Cody Welker, there was Uh Servantes, there was you know, I mean, He's christ I mean, you know, there was a bunch there. You know, Travis Hooper. I mean yeah, there was just a bunch of good cars there.
Speaker 4: Yep. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So what my question what happened to Huddle? Because I know he was quick qualifier?
Speaker 1: Was he not?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was, he was a quick qualifier. He won the dash and he thinks there was something that went bad with the fuel pump. Okay, But the way I look at it, it's a typical US race. You got to be there at the end.
Speaker 1: You know what, Renee.
Speaker 2: I saw Nick Moore and he was posting up his stuff and that was one of the That was one of the first things that I said was to finish first. You got a first finish, so focus on longevity as well as speed, right, I mean yep.
Speaker 4: And I was actually kind of worried once we got there. So that's the same motor that I ran at BK, and it was in the same configuration and at BK that thin got two hundred and sixty degrees during the main So Resty kind of clued me in, like, hey, you need to put a radiator fan on it when you put a nosewing on it, because it blocks a bunch of air. And I'm like, oh, yeah, you're right, doesn't it. So I had a radiator fan on it, and that thing saved my butt during the main event, because every time we'd get a yellow, that thing would just jump up and get hot and the fan and kick on and would stay there.
Speaker 5: Great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 2: So now did Huddle I didn't see it, So did Huddle jump out and then break?
Speaker 4: He was? He? I mean there, I wasn't going to catch him. He was checked out. I he'd pull about five cart lengths and just kind of stay there. Every time we had to restart same thing, he'd just kind of jump out there and just hang there. And and once it started a sputter, I kind of I kind of noticed. I'm like, wait, am I going faster? Or is he going slower? And then I kind of smelled something weird and it's like, okay, is it his blowing up or what's going on here? And then like shut off going in to turn one, and I'm like, oh, how do I get around him now? Because I don't want to get out of the groove. And I didn't know who was behind me and how close they were, so I was kind of right, had had to make a quick decision. Wow.
Speaker 2: And then and then he finally what did he make it a couple laps or did was that kind of like once it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think he ran a couple more laps and then pulled in the enfield because he was four laps down at the end.
Speaker 2: Now I read Chris Southern's post and it sounds like he was maybe okay too, but kind of had some issues.
Speaker 1: I don't know, maybe I'm not.
Speaker 4: I know there was a little contact going on in the group. That he was in. Yeah, and I know from watching him in practice on both Friday and Saturday morning, I'd say he was a little off on his tire program because he'd rip off a couple of really good laps and then just kind of back up to like you know, fifteen threes or whatever and just kind of hang there. Right, So he was definitely fast. I mean, he had potential, but I think over the long run, right, right, he wasn't quite up to up to what everybody else was.
Speaker 2: Right, And you know, and I think he, like he said, it was his last race, so you know what I mean, there's there's a little bit of that in there too.
Speaker 1: Right, I mean, I'm not gonna break my back and all this.
Speaker 4: I'm just gonna go exactly.
Speaker 1: No, that's that's uh. What about right now? What about Fernandez?
Speaker 4: Was?
Speaker 2: He He was good? He qualified third, He was good.
Speaker 4: Sam was the one that was absolutely impressive. He did he had motor problems. I think they changed motors. He didn't get to qualify or running heat race. He started last in the B main and finished third in the A.
Speaker 1: What Yes, holy smoke.
Speaker 4: I was on fire.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah, that's super impressive.
Speaker 4: Yep, yep. Definitely.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, and I'm I'm happy for.
Speaker 2: Mister Cervantes, right, I mean, yes, pretty pretty cool. I mean it would have been cool if if you could have got it. How many how many points did you lose by?
Speaker 4: I remember it was six?
Speaker 1: Jesh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it was Fernandez and then Corey and Sam actually tied, but Corey finished second, so he got the tiebreaker, so he ended up second point. Sam was third, and then I was fourth.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's that's big.
Speaker 4: And considering I went in with one hundred and ninety four points because I didn't run the second quarter point race at Tennessee, I only know four bonus point.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's even more impressive.
Speaker 4: Then.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, Wow, we're gonna We're gonna concentrate a little more on on US stuff next summer and run more of that kind.
Speaker 4: Of backburner, the Clone. And if we do run any Clone races, since I won't have a tire rotation, I'll just do a tire rental deal with one of the one of the dealers, and yeah, have to worry about that. And then we'll run some outlaw cart stuff. Milbridge was talking about running more open races, so we'll do some of that too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you know, I mean I and I think and maybe correct me if if I'm out of line here. But the uas or you know, the outlaw stuff, or even the clone stuff for that matter, it's almost like playing a sport. You have to kind of pick. You know, back in the back in the day, you could there were three sport athletes, you know, basketball, baseball, football, right, yep, the same here, clone, outlaws or uas. But now you almost have to pick one or the other, right, and really and really focus on that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the clone stuff you basically have to race every weekend and then have your eight to thirteen week tire rotation. And I don't want to raise clones every weekend, right, And and the u s stuff is a little easier because I mean, basically you destroy a tire when you raise the main avan anyhow, so the rotation isn't as important. It's more the tribal knowledge of the track and what it's going to do and what you're gonna need.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Well, speaking of the racetrack, I mean, I know it was you know, and you know, going in, everybody thought it was going to be over one hundred, but really it looked like the weather was I mean, what it was like eighty three or eighty five or.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Friday, I think it was ninety six. The Saturday was ninety ninety four, ninety five on my weather station. Okay, nice little breeze blowing, which didn't help the.
Speaker 2: Track any No, not if you're running it to hold water, right, Yeah, but what about at night when it when the sun went down a little bit?
Speaker 1: What did it help it at all?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Absolutely it was there still had a little bit of dust in the second groove, but as far as like the grip on the bottom, it was like day one of a holiday classic. So it was, I mean it was. It was pretty good. If you didn't blow turn three, you had no problems. It was like turn three was a little bit slicker than one, Yeah, and had a tendency to kind of want to make you slide up and then you get in the dust and it was ugly.
Speaker 2: But yeah, yeah, so was it pretty much a I'm gonna assume it was pretty much a dry, slick deal the whole way for the twenty five laps.
Speaker 6: It started out a little bit slick, but I mean, as far as I was driving like nine the whole race, just conserving my tires trying to kind of run consistent.
Speaker 4: Laps, and it was as much power as I wanted to put down, it would hold it.
Speaker 2: So, now are you talking when you say it was a little bit slick at the beginning? Was that just because they had put water on it? Was it like a wet slick or was it more of a dry slick?
Speaker 4: Now it's more like a wet just kind of like a fine dust. Yeah, and a little moisture in there too.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah boy wow. And then and were there a lot of cautions.
Speaker 4: Like six or seven? I was horrible. I mean we had we had a couple of pretty good long runs there.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: It wasn't like caution one lap caution one.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah yeah where you can't get a rhythm or do anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: So overall, in your opinion, was it run well?
Speaker 4: There was a couple of little snaffoos, like on the the heat race lineup. I helped them write the lineup on the board because nobody, you know, Mike was up in the tower. And then the first heat race went out and they read flagged it because they had Mike actually had the wrong lineup. I'm like, no, I know this is right. I watched him when he read the numbers off, and it was I think it was just an unfamiliarity with my laps because we use it every time we go race. They don't have lineup boards there, so you have to learn how to use it. And they had actually select did the wrong qualifying result on the the.
Speaker 1: Oh oh yeah, yeah they didn't have They.
Speaker 4: Missed southern second lap, which rearranged a bunch of stuff. And so but I mean other than that, it's like just the the sign in process and the tech process and everything. Other than that was like just spot on.
Speaker 2: That's great, man, you got to love yeah, and I think what so, Michael Lane was there, Chisey was there.
Speaker 1: Who else from the Grand National team was there?
Speaker 4: Bowley was there, but he is I don't believe he's involved in it anymore.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, cool. Yeah, Chisey did a nice job. I liked this. You know, he does a He does a good job getting things up there. It was really that was cool.
Speaker 4: And as far as tech, I mean, it was as fast as you could get your motor disassembled. He's right over there with his tools and they had it the formula on a laptop, so they type in the born stroke and poof, there was your number.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, that's great. Yep, super good man. That sounds amazing. Then it sounds like that was so overall.
Speaker 1: I mean that's a that's a w right.
Speaker 4: I mean yeah, yep, yeah. And I mean they put in new lights in the pit area, so it was like we did we just turned on our trailer lights and that was it.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's awesome. And the weather was great. It wasn't too hot, wasn't did it cool off at night or did it stay warm?
Speaker 4: It was I think in like the sixties, I mean like it you remember.
Speaker 1: How we were like at the Classics.
Speaker 2: You know, you go there and it'd be like eighty five during the day and then shit, you need a jacket and sweats and a park at night.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Definitely was not that cold.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was borderline having to put a hoodie on for me, which I'm climatized to Tennessee now, so anything below seventy is is hoodie weather.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm right there with you. Even in seventy weathers sometimes I just put one on just to be on the safe side. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So how happy was Shane I'll bet he was just beside himself.
Speaker 4: He was speechless. I mean, he just the look on his face when I went to get a hug, he was just like on the verge of tears. And there's there's been a couple of times where we've been talking about it and he's had to stop because he's he's choked up.
Speaker 1: That's so cool, Yeah, yeah, you know, isn't it great to have somebody.
Speaker 2: I mean, we all make fun of Shane and we say, oh, yeah, he drives the motor home and you know he packs the cooler and all that shit.
Speaker 4: You know, But I mean he keeps me as far as mentally and the decisions I make during range day, he keeps me in line. Like the first time we went out Friday, the thing wasn't running right because it was jetted wrong. So he's like, yeah, you need to fix that first, right, Yeah, okay, yep, yeah, let's reach ot it. And then we went out and it's like, okay, now now we can change jeerying and setup and anything else we need to change, but if it don't run, you can't work on other things. And what's funny is I've run. I think this is my sixth or seventh Grand National. Now, you know, from East coast to West coast, Yep, I have never had to read yet a Carburder until Saturday.
Speaker 1: Right, that's crazy.
Speaker 4: I mean that's how bad the error was there, and it was just like kind of a wow, Okay, I actually do have to work on it now.
Speaker 1: That's what I mean.
Speaker 2: I mean, my boy, Shane, you know, That's what I'm saying is a lot of times he doesn't get the he doesn't get all the I don't want to say acolades, but sometimes all the respect he deserves. The guy sharp, and he knows and he knows what he's talking about, and he's you know, he's watched he's watched a ton of stuff. Yeah and so, and he's got a real level head when it comes to you know what I mean, those decisions. He never gets too excited or he's never too low. He's always like, Okay, here, here's where we're at, here's where we got.
Speaker 1: What do we gotta do? I mean, that's yep.
Speaker 2: One of the things I admire most about him is he's super uh just he's the kind of level head you need when you're at an event like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, definitely. He doesn't get excited about anything, well.
Speaker 2: Usually right unless he's seeing me. No, I'm kidding, no, but yeah, that's that's really cool. I mean that is that's that's now. Where are you guys at now?
Speaker 1: You're on the road. Are you back home yet?
Speaker 4: No? We are in Shawnee, Oklahoma.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: We have a casino that we stop at here when we run the Ela cart here in the winter. And we've got a late start Sunday, so we only got to New Mexico, the almost New Mexico Texas border. So he's like, I don't want to drive seventeen hours tomorrow, so we'll stop in Oklahoma. And that's fine with me.
Speaker 1: I don't know we were we were sure to do, would have a team.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I'm not.
Speaker 4: So far.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think he was putting sixteen seventeen and we're on our way to Florida with no problem.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, that's what right?
Speaker 4: And doing you know, like ten hour days is a lot more enjoyable because you can actually look around and you don't have.
Speaker 1: To Yes, yeah, I agree. I agree.
Speaker 2: Well, before I let you go, is there is there other than your other than your hobby? Is there anybody you want to thank, and.
Speaker 4: Uh, the list is long and I don't want to leave anybody out.
Speaker 1: Well, just give a give a few.
Speaker 4: Dustin Staggan, he has helped me with tires for probably the last three years. And his dad and Jamie Rickman was or Jamie and Jared Rickman were there and Rusty ran to be made and so I asked them I helped them earlier. So I went and I asked them, Okay, what'd you guys do for tire prep for the b Maine And they told me so that helped me that that whole team has helped me quite a bit. Chris c.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, it's okay. I didn't mean to put you on the spot. I mean, I know there's a lot of people that that that that help you. But that's that's great. What's next for you? What's what's Uh?
Speaker 4: We are off this weekend, then we go to a place in Dartnell, Arkansas to run with you Brown Race. Week after that is Talladega short Track with the Clone for a makeup race for a Maximilian and then it's Shane's birthday weekend, so we're gonna.
Speaker 1: Go when's his birthday?
Speaker 2: The twenty third October September twenty third October October.
Speaker 1: Okay, I got a write that down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a sprint car race in West Memphis that we're gonna go watch. It's a two day show, yep. So and then it's it's basically time to get ready for the indoor outlaw cart stuff and get start getting stuff ready for BK and the holiday classic.
Speaker 2: Sweet erniekonfor wants to know, how was victory? How was the victory lane?
Speaker 1: Whiskey?
Speaker 4: It burned my lips because they were so chapped the wind on Friday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And Brian Evans Junior says, Hey, congrats on your win.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Brian.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: Chris Court says the Queen of Karting. Yeah, oh man, well, Renee, thank you so much for taking the time. I know you're on the road and things are busy and hectic, but I love you guys, and congratulations.
Speaker 1: I'm nobody was happier than me.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I was so tickled that you got that.
Speaker 4: It was just like, Yeah, the sound coming from the scale area when I got out of my cart was incredible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if your goosebumps doesn't it? Yeah, yep, yep, yep, that's pretty cool. We'll give Shane a hug for me, will you. I will do that, okay, and we'll talk soon.
Speaker 4: Sounds good.
Speaker 2: Thanks Renee, all right, thank you, bye bye bye. Nevan's what's up, my brother? I'm telling you what. Brian Evans Junior, the owner of Legend is on. Thanks for tuning in, Thanks for taking the time to be on the show.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 2: I love you man, your uh your good stuff. And he can and he can roll too. Let me let me let me just shout that out. I gotta get back on the horn. Here our next guest coming up. You don't want to miss it.
Speaker 1: His name is Tony Barry, and here we go. I'm gonna give him a call back.
Speaker 2: I knew I was gonna go over, but uh it's hard when when you're getting going, you know what I mean, Fifteen minutes isn't very long, but uh, here we go. This is our next what's up? Robert summer Holder, good job, great season. Yeah, congrat congratulations to you.
Speaker 5: What a bad EGGX.
Speaker 1: TB t B somebody said, Ricky Whorley said the other TV right.
Speaker 4: I don't know which one of us is the other, but yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: Fair yeah, well, you're I'm probably the other compared to you.
Speaker 5: Come on, now, hey man, So.
Speaker 2: I mean I know you're you're you kind of you're kind of you have two feet on each side. Were you disappointed you couldn't get to the UA S Nationals?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I'm glad you brought that up. We put a lot of effort into to get into the Nationals this year. It just didn't quite work out. But huge congrats to Renee. We I've raced with Renee for longer than either of us care to admit.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: I grew up in the grand stands at Evergreen Speedway watching Shane drive a late model car to success.
Speaker 4: It's just that's super cool.
Speaker 3: They're really good people.
Speaker 4: I love to see it.
Speaker 3: But there were so many people that had great success down there, the whole Savante's team, Like they're they're such good people. To see Sam have that run, that's super cool.
Speaker 1: Corey Hostler, yes.
Speaker 3: Like Corey is such a good dude. He's so underspoken and his wife was like the world's greatest, like, uh, pit past person I've ever encountered in my whole career.
Speaker 4: Just super super good people.
Speaker 3: Cody Welker whom we know. Well, you know, it's just such a cool event. I we watched from Afar.
Speaker 1: We were in Canada.
Speaker 3: The service was kind of spotty, so we tried to follow along. I wish we were there, but it's pretty pretty great to see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it it really was.
Speaker 2: And how about Ryan Fremandez, you know, getting that getting that championship, that's you know, that's that's a huge, huge deal.
Speaker 4: For Ryan, right heck, yeah, man, such a good guy.
Speaker 1: He is such a good dude.
Speaker 3: The cool part and I don't think everybody truly appreciates It's the cool part about like everybody we were just talking about is they're really good race car drivers, but they're even better.
Speaker 1: But they're also better humans. Yes they are, they are for sure.
Speaker 2: So man, your twenty twenty four was like, I don't know, I mean it kind of Ronnie Swire says, Hello, Tony Berry. It was kind of like, I don't know, it kind of came as a surprise, right, I mean, none of us. I mean, one thing, you're preparing for the UAS and getting all into that, and then boom, the next thing, I know, you're, you know, driving a WMRA midget and I'm like wait what, Yeah, no, me too.
Speaker 3: We went down to the Holiday Classic in December and had a great time down there at the track you're just talking about for the Nationals, And on our way back, Kylie Fleming and I were on our way back and Skeeter Flake, whom I knew from driving against him in like two thousand and six and two thousand and seven in a midget. You know, he grew up in the sport as a crew guy and then as a racer and then as a car owner. And you know, we we'd stayed in touch and just kind of going back and forth, and he had an opportunity to maybe jump in one of his cars, and you know, I'm never one to say no wow, So so yeah, we just got to talking about what might be, what could happen in twenty twenty four, and you know, we went ran the BK with the Yamaha in the open and had a great time and kind of geared up to go run a midget. And it was a great year. We had a lot of fun, We had great success, got better as year went on. Yeah, And it finished this last weekend in Canada, which I don't know if you remember, been to Agacy it is spectacularly beautiful.
Speaker 6: I have not.
Speaker 1: I've heard a lot about it, but I I have not.
Speaker 5: Honestly, it needs to be on your list.
Speaker 3: You were talking about promoters earlier, and people do a great job, they have to be on the list. They have a sign posted out front that says.
Speaker 5: You can't complain if you haven't volunteered.
Speaker 4: Amen. And uh.
Speaker 3: And it's beautiful. It's set in the hillside and the track has a ton of character. It's kind of uphill and downhill and each end's different.
Speaker 1: Wow, it sounds amazing.
Speaker 3: No, it's it's it's terrific.
Speaker 5: We had a great time.
Speaker 2: So maybe maybe you could give me the contact info for the YEA promoter up there and I'll get I'll get him on the show.
Speaker 1: Would be kind of cool.
Speaker 2: What all I know is Brian Evans Junior says, hey, Tony, shut up and shut up. He's shut up and drive.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Actually, you know what I was getting in the car.
Speaker 3: We were in Canada.
Speaker 4: I'm getting in the car.
Speaker 3: I'm no joke.
Speaker 5: I pull my phone out of the pit box.
Speaker 3: And I texted him that because he was getting getting ready to roll for the for the U A s open Man. So Oh really, Yeah, I texted him, I said, shut up and drive, but the phone away and I went and put my helmet on.
Speaker 1: Hey that's cool, man, that's super cool.
Speaker 2: So man, you you got the you got the twenty twenty four WMRI Championship, and you got the Car Owners Championship as.
Speaker 5: Well, right we did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Skeeter Flake. You know, like I said, he's been in the game a long time and he cares so much about the sport, and he's really behind an effort to try to grow pavement midget racing, particularly on the West Coast, but really nationally. I don't know if you followed it much, but when Usack dropped a pavement midget racing a number of years ago, it really started declined, which is too bad because it's such a cool form of motorsport. The WMRA has been around since nineteen forty six, yep, and and it's it has such longevity and such a brand name, and it puts on a really great event. And I think there's a lot of reason for optimism. You know, there's there's more people that are caring, there's more people that are looking to see what's going on. These cars are a lot of fun to drive. I've driven a lot of stuff. I've been blessed drive a lot of stuff. I still love going go kart racing, but pavement midget's really a unique beast and it's just really cool.
Speaker 1: That's that's awesome.
Speaker 2: Well, and so in the in the in the five minutes we have left, I know it's gonna be hard because that's but I'm gonna get you back on because we're gonna do We're gonna do Championship Week where the shows are going to be longer and we can get into more detail about how the season.
Speaker 1: Went and all that. But sure the w m r A regionally, what you you might have some you're working on some things maybe.
Speaker 3: Or yeah, well, I mean, like I said, there's tons of reasons for optimism. So I think there's a play day going together. Uh probably like mid October. We're still sort of waiting on to finalize some dates.
Speaker 4: But the whole idea is.
Speaker 1: Trying to get what will that play day be at?
Speaker 5: At House Sound Speedway cool.
Speaker 3: A lot of the midget teams are are predominantly on the I five corridor, so if we could get back to kind of that area and and get people in cars that you know, maybe otherwise wouldn't have the opportunity to do it. You know, I have a unique perspective. I've driven a lot of stuff and and and going from a cart or a quarter midget to whatever the next level stepping stone is. I think that's really the dilemma that a lot of people are faced with. Do we go legend racing, do we go late model racing?
Speaker 5: You know, what do we do?
Speaker 3: I think midgets offer a really unique perspective that should be explored. You have to be super smooth on and off throttle, the sting inputs are really quick. It's just really more similar to what I think a lot of these kids coming through the ranks have experienced. And I think that's what we're trying to grow, is to generate new interest in pavement midget racing in the Northwest.
Speaker 1: And let's not kid ourselves, Tony, excuse me.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know you you you moms and dads can get through the quarter midget ranks, right or the carting ranks or or whatever it is.
Speaker 1: But typically it's that next step that is.
Speaker 2: The next step is very very large and and and not necessarily I mean it is from the competition standpoint, But a lot of times it's that it's that.
Speaker 1: Dollar step, right, That's that's what that's where it is. That's where it is.
Speaker 2: It's the it's the dollars and cents and can can mom and dad continue to fund.
Speaker 4: That?
Speaker 1: I mean, that's where I think, that's where racing is right now.
Speaker 2: There's a there's a ton of stuff going on, but my goodness, I mean, and and I'm not trying to downplay or put anything against anything, it's just the sport has evolved and the expenses are enormous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, everything's expensive. I mean my meal red Robin the other night was under Bucks. Everything's expensive. But I think one of the things that's kind of maybe been a hardship for some people to look at, you know, midget or sprint car racing, to be honest, is the fuel injection. You know, it's it's a huge unknown for a lot of people, and how do we get this thing tuned right? And not just that, obviously there's other variables, but right right, you know, there's a lot of people that care. I think there's a lot of people with knowledge that want to share that. And I think that's what's really cool about where the midget group is positioned currently, is that there's just a lot of people that that want to see it grow. I want to see it come back and become what it was, you know.
Speaker 2: How cool would and this. And I'm not joking when I say this. If Ricky Whorley jumps in one of those things, I think, I think he I think he could be some serious trouble.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, he's on the list.
Speaker 1: Yeah he is.
Speaker 4: He is.
Speaker 2: Uh, he's underrated in my book, always has been. He's he's way better than he gets. Yep, he gets.
Speaker 1: He's way better than he gets credit for, honest to God.
Speaker 3: No, he's he's he's a stud. I in a funny story, Terry. I don't know if you know this, but before the DK he saved my behind and and got us even on the track in the open car.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: And then we get out in the main and I dumped him like he's one of my very best friends. I just I just ran in the back of him like I've got no business doing anybody. And uh, he ended up getting back by me and I jumped out of the car literally on the at the scales, and I ran up to him and I said, I'm so I've never been so happy to be passed.
Speaker 6: In my life.
Speaker 3: I I, uh, he's Ricky's a good dude.
Speaker 5: He is good.
Speaker 1: He is a good dude.
Speaker 2: Oh and my last question before I let you go tonight is Mike Bartle says, ask Tony about his jack man.
Speaker 5: Mike is my jackman?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, no. So funny story.
Speaker 3: So we had a we were running the Wings sprint car at stay Line one night and we had an open red and the rule is is you know, it's it's hand tools only, and uh and Mike's a really a large human being, and uh, he came out. He's like what do you what do you want to do? And I'm like, well, I want two turns here and two turns there, and you know.
Speaker 4: I'm just giving him the rundown.
Speaker 3: And he just walked back there and picked up the whole back of the car full fuel load and me in it and wing and everything, and we started making turns and everybody threw a fit and and we were like, no, no, it's hand tools. Like I'm sorry, you get a bigger crew guy.
Speaker 1: So, oh wow, that's amazing. It was fun.
Speaker 4: It's still a good time.
Speaker 1: Mike Bartle must be Hey, I got Roka calling me Tony Berry. Thank you so much. I love you, man, and we'll talk soon.
Speaker 3: All right, man, take care, Thanks you.
Speaker 1: Hey, buddy, bye bye.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 1: But Blaine.
Speaker 5: Terry, what's up, buddy? What's happening? How are you?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 5: It's been a long time.
Speaker 2: It has been a long time, man, you I mean twelve years back at Pat's Acres. I'm like, what Dave sent me that message today? I'm like, what he remembers that?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, yeah, Pats Acres Mcmnville.
Speaker 2: Holy smokes, dude, wow dude. So man, do you are you still doing any carting at all?
Speaker 5: No, I haven't been in the cart oh probably six or seven years. I'd like to I haven't been. Haven't had the chance to.
Speaker 2: No, that's no, that's cool. I mean, so if you could go, would would you like to try one of the UAS cards? Have you ever been in one of those?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: I haven't.
Speaker 1: Oh, Blaine, you got to get in one of those, dude, you'll be done. Yeah, it'll be over.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that'll be fun.
Speaker 1: I know you'll have to have one.
Speaker 5: Exactly.
Speaker 2: So man, let's like spears SRL. Let's talk to me about Stockton ninety nine. Did you was that your first win?
Speaker 5: No, that's my third win in row. Okay, but now I have it won since shoot has been since I was twenty nineteen twenty.
Speaker 1: Wow, wow.
Speaker 5: Nice. Then I had a lot of bad luck the last two years, just constant, you know, leading races, qualifying on the pole, leading races, leading laps, and then just.
Speaker 1: Something yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, break there and yep yeah. No, it's we've been fast, I've already been just kind of got to get that result at the end. It's all that show. It's all that it shows. So, No, we had a good weekend. I went to a buddy's wedding Saturday morning.
Speaker 1: Oh you did cool? Were you the best man?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: I wasn't part of the wedding, but I just thought i'd be there for one of my buddies for a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, that's awesome. That's awesome.
Speaker 5: In practice on Saturday, just shut up. About twenty minutes before qualifying, threw my suit on qulified second. My lost a pool by about oh five hundreds. Jes dude, I read second.
Speaker 1: What that's impressive, bro?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so started second. You know, I could tell on the green flag I had a hot rod and uh, you know, I was being patient. You didn't get around the leader and got a run, got on the inside of him and he tropped me off and I spun him out, ripped the right front finger off of it and had to come to Pitt Road and they sent me to the back anyway, So I came down Pitt Road and got things worked on a bit and charged right back up to the field. You know, that was on about lap that happened on lap five. I was back to uh you know the lead by lap fifty.
Speaker 4: Was it?
Speaker 1: Was it one hundred or one five? Oh okay, and uh yeah, just.
Speaker 5: Kind of we didn't make any changes at the break. I told Dayne Sharp, you know, you know things really good, just fix it and make it, you know, bodywork stuff.
Speaker 1: And well that's what Sharp just said.
Speaker 2: He said, made some changes Saturday morning, so he had to take one lap to figure it out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's all it took me.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Ostramenska helps us out getting the cars ready. He was around, so he practiced it for us with those changes we made, and he said it was good. So I was just relying on what he said and went out there for full fine and laid it down as hard as I could, and we got past that halfway break and I were still really good and got out to your good sized lead and kind of just managed that lead the whole time. You know, if they catch me, you know, trial hard. You know, I had the best car there, so just keeping a good distance on them so that when I caught lat of traffic, I didn't you know, lose too much time if they held me up.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, I get it. Yeah, it's all about that pace, right.
Speaker 5: Yep, yep, yes, And they had a really hard battle behind me, and I was just praying, you know, we got to about fifteen ago. I said, there's no costumes, please, there's this thing. Yeah, out please, you know, I started getting getting towards the end and started thinking about all that bad luck I've had, you know, and I'm like, oh, please, know, you know, no fight tires, no stupid stuff. Just get a win. Finally we deserve it. We've been waiting, you know, so long.
Speaker 1: Yeah, buddy, I.
Speaker 5: Bet you if we didn't have some of the bad luck we had last year, and you know, I think we could have had another five wins, you know, of course, but uh yeah, that's how that's a racing for you.
Speaker 2: No, it is that that is there, you know and honestly blamed, like you know, there's more of that than there is what you got last weekend, right, I mean there's just that's just that just seems like that's but you know what, everybody pays their dues, and I think I just think, uh, like like what you've just done, right, you You've had You've led some races, been fast as ship, and then you know whatever, flat tire or whatever, some stupid thing lets you down.
Speaker 1: But I think I think that's.
Speaker 2: Those are the those are the due paying processes that you go through and now you know, you know what to do to win. And I and I think now now that you've overcome all that and paid those dues, I think maybe from now on right, things are gonna I'm not saying you're not gonna have any more bad luck, but I'm just gonna say that it does. I don't know that it gets easier. I don't know if you get what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, kind of opened the door. Now, Yeah you got that monkey off our back, and I think they're gonna come a little bit easier.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's what that's what I mean, they have to write and all of those things that went bad are now things that are on your list that you're gonna check and make sure that that's you know, it doesn't happen again.
Speaker 1: So I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think there's there's a blessing and all of that too if if a guy chooses to look for it, you know, yeah for sure.
Speaker 5: And U you know, now we we strenched up the points battle pretty good. We got one race left and I'm in second by one or I'm down by one point right now.
Speaker 1: So so how many? How many? How many?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 1: Is this that Stockton? Oh you're down one?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So and how many more to go?
Speaker 5: Just one left? We're at in Bakersfield on October twenty six?
Speaker 1: Are you good there?
Speaker 5: Yeah? We were, We've been good there. That's one of the places last year dominated it and with four laps Ago got it right front flat didn't get to finish that one out, So no, I'll have we'll have a good car there and yeah, you know, we know who we need to be and well we need to beat him by one spot. So so who do you need to be, Buddy Shepherd?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, so yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: He's good there too, So I think it's gonna be a good race. He just recently got into the Port City program, so you know, he's kind of a teammate to me now. But it's pretty awesome. We're getting the two phase throughs from Port City one two in the championship, but the Southwest Tour be awesome for me to get the championship win. That's going to goal since I've been got out of go carts winning.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, buddy, And so now you you got a phase two right Port City?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And then what motor what motor package are you running in that thing?
Speaker 5: We got Brad Peters Parson in we've been running in rol.
Speaker 1: Is a Chevy Is it chevy Ford?
Speaker 4: Is it for you?
Speaker 1: Like that forward?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 5: It's got a lot of power, especially for the big track. So yeah, I think I think we'll be good. We're gonna go to Vegas for the Open Comp on NASCAR Weekend in Vegas. Have an s RO or not an s r L, but cars tour race.
Speaker 1: The guys, I don't yeh, But you say open comp? Is it kind of like can you fudge on the bodies and all that ship or no?
Speaker 5: I don't think bodies. I think it's just an engine packaging. I need to look into the rules one a little bit.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, how cool has it been to have the suitcase Duane Sharp work them for you?
Speaker 5: Oh man, we've been we work together quite a few years back for a year or two and kind of got on different tracks for a little bit, but then we kind of want something with struments a racing Now we kind of trickled back and uh, it's just one big family. Well, those guys everything, all the effort they put in. You know, it's hard for us for you know, I'm running our business now and trying to uh, you know, be a be an adult. It's different, you know, like you you see me grow up racing go cards. You know, all I've known is racing and time to grow up. Eventually, wasn't the worky ones with all you know, the backing stuff to make it to the next next level. But a really enjoyable hobby for me now and all of our partners and people that help us out. It's I don't know, it's just so much fun to go to the race track with all them and hell yeah, I dude, yeah, ws and you know, there's no better showing than when especially with a good group of people. Right on.
Speaker 1: So, now, what's the family business.
Speaker 5: I'm a four generation Uh, I'm I'm a four generation trucking company. Okay, so you know day to day management on that stuff. And I drive a bit myself.
Speaker 2: But uh, is your stick shift? Is your stick shift like twelve feet tall? Like they are in that in the trucking things that I always see on Facebook. Okay, Okay, I look at some of those things man in there, I mean sitting down there, as tall as the driver's head.
Speaker 1: You know, it's kind of like whoa.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they say, what are things about?
Speaker 1: Well, you know, Jesse Brown says, bring that thing to the fall classic? Yeah, have you thought about it?
Speaker 5: Well, where's where's the fault class cities?
Speaker 1: Sharp's been there, he knows it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what is that?
Speaker 1: That's uh, that's I think it's a couple of weeks. It's like October fifth and sixth.
Speaker 5: I want to say, gotcha, Yeah, no, I'm gonna be uh gotta be around for a little while. We've got two more races on the schedule for the year.
Speaker 1: And I get it. That's cool. I get it.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 5: You know, it's not with the way that economy isn't everything, dude, I get it, man, No hard to go. You know, we wish we could have went and done the snow water every this year, but you know, just kind of not in the cards for the year, and hopefully after November we get some short people to make things a little better.
Speaker 1: Yeah for sure, man.
Speaker 2: So now is the nucleus of this team staying together for twenty twenty five?
Speaker 5: Yeah, for sure. I'm confident. You know, I think I don't know what racings, what tour racings to be like in the West next sure, but you know, a lot to see about that, and I gotta make a plan in the first of the year, you know, and see some schedules and see what what works out for us, and you know, try to get some sponsorship stuff lined up to you know, help out with everything, and we'll kind of see. You know, it's a lot of a lot of tire controversy going on across the country, and you know, you know, I know we've ran on four or five different colors about three now, three different compounds in the last four races. You know, so hard hard to make cars better when you don't know what you're going to be on yep, yep, Yeah, but no, it's just part of it. I hope things change up a bit and things are go on start going on the upside.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, you know, man, I mean, I mean there's a lot of guys that that that are doing the karting thing, and some are going to legends and some are going to the midgets and you know, open wheel stuff and you know whatever.
Speaker 1: But in your mind, has karting.
Speaker 2: Has karting helped you as a as a driver when when you're up here running your late Model, I mean, do you do you feel like that?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 5: And though I think a lot of the stuff that I look, I don't know from driving go carts for so long, so a lot of the stuff that I try to get out of a stock car on an oval, you know, some of that feel I like that came from go carts, you know, mm hmm. Lot of that just raw grip and side by and stuff that it's harder to get in the race car unless perfect, you know, correct, And you know, just the engineering concept, how much more goes into the shop far stuff and you know, tuning on a go cart to make it better?
Speaker 1: God? Do you know what though?
Speaker 2: Man, I hear you say that. You know, and I remember when I was first doing go karts, it was like, I don't know, when were you born.
Speaker 5: Ninety eight?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so back in the late seventies early eighties, I can remember doing the go kart thing, like running the big open stuff, one hundred cc open stuff, and you know what, nobody gave two shits about the chassis.
Speaker 1: Really, I mean it's nothing like it is now.
Speaker 2: If you had a big motor and some real good sticky tires and you could halfway drive, you were probably gonna win.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's nothing.
Speaker 2: Like it was when when I met you and we you know, we were doing you know, there was the all that ro Tax Challenge series crap and all that. I mean, yeah, the chassis stuff, that's what blew me away. I was like, man, I mean, you know, extra long hubs, extra short hubs, I mean, soft axle, solid axel.
Speaker 1: I mean there's all this stuff, and it was kind of like we didn't care. I mean, we had an inch in a quarter and you put sticky tires on it went and ran it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know exactly. Yeah, And I I still follow all the go karting world, you know, and stuff and it seems like it's really blown up. It's a big you know, every it's more of a you know, there's a lot of page drivers now and stuff like that where you know, it's a pretty big sport. And no, it's just cool, especially you know, growing up erations and go cards against you know, a lot of these kids that are up in the top series, you know, Indy Car Formula one.
Speaker 1: So who are some of that? Who are some of your toughest competitors in carting?
Speaker 5: Oh, in karting? You know, I can remember the cadet days of you know, me and Colton hurda wow, you know in uh who else Zane Smith? Me, Colton Hurd is Zane Smith. You know, even Davy Manti.
Speaker 2: Davy Man was Yeah, he was, you know, and there was no I'm uh. There was a kid by the name of Matt Monice who was up here for he was one of the Him and Manthi were two of the best junior drivers I'd ever seen in the new in the New day, right, I mean they were money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, that's incredible.
Speaker 5: I remember going to Supernationals and got hearts and you know, racing against George Russell Stroll Wow. All those guys that are you know, Kyle Kirkwood, any car driver. Now, all those guys that I grew up with, you know, I get to sit on the couch and now and watch them on Sundays and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Tune and said I used to I, yeah, some of them. You might have worked their ass, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he used to. You know, we all used to compete hard and stuff. Yeah, you know, it's been cool. It's been a cool ride. I don't regret a dame thing. It's been fun. And you know, I'm happy that I'm twenty six years old still and still able to something. You know, it's not a funny, easy thing for everyone to be able to do all the time. And you know I do it a lot less than I used to, but we still have a good time doing it. And it's just a different, different style now.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So dude, before I let you go, number one, I want to say, Man, I appreciate you.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: You just made my whole night, and he made my whole show. This is you don't you don't have You're a big deal, dude. You you are, whether you think so or not, You're a You're a big deal. But is there anybody you want to thank. I mean, do you have people like like, let's meet your crew guys. Who are some of the crew guys that help you out?
Speaker 5: I mean, I think the whole family, you know, live in racing for a long time. There's three generations of racers in that family and uh, you know those guys. If it wasn't for them, you know, we wouldn't be going to the track getting the cars ready, and uh, you know, doing sharp's a big part of it. Open and the cars ready and the number one crew chiefs out there and it's always fun working together. You know, myself's drilling. Scott Micella's like my second dad and big part of our program helping us out.
Speaker 4: And uh.
Speaker 5: You know my dad as well with our trucking company. It's a big part of it. And uh Port City Race Card. I think that's been our biggest, biggest game in the last few years, is uh switching over to the face too, and it's fit my style a lot, and uh, you know, we showed great success, wasn't you know number one? But I think finally we're on the up and coming and now eh CI Dogs Pacific State Pipe and Denise Bros. You knows. It's uh, it takes a village, takes a village. It does, it does, it does bro it does.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I appreciate the call, and uh, you know, it was a good talking to you. I hope and run something in the north last next year.
Speaker 1: So so let me ask you something really quick. I know you might have to check with your sponsors.
Speaker 2: But if I said, if we could get you a couple of Motorsports Monday decals, would you put them on the car?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Of course?
Speaker 1: Oh what all right?
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: Man, I'll make sure.
Speaker 2: When we get off of here, I'll uh, I'll get a hold of you and I'll get your address and I'll get you some stuff down there.
Speaker 1: That'd be that'd be super, that'd make my whole year. Man, that'd be cool.
Speaker 5: Perfect. Yeah, I got you, all right, man.
Speaker 1: And I want to tell you this before I let you go.
Speaker 2: You said, well our face two you know, and we didn't have all this, you know, man, just because you don't win. It's kind of like have you ever heard that statement? If you know you know, yeah, that's that's that's what that is. If if you got eyes that can see, in a brain that can focus and understand what's going on. People know, people know that you're you're there, right, everybody who's anybody knows that you know with another uh attire not going flat or this or that, Blaine Rocus in the in victory lane, right. So I mean, don't don't don't say don't say, hey, we didn't have to. You did have a lot of success. It's just the people that know, no. And uh, that's what I can tell.
Speaker 5: You right on. I appreciate it, Terry.
Speaker 2: Appreciate you, Blaine, I really I do. Man, thanks, thanks so much for taking the time. And uh, good luck with the trucking company. Keep me posted, man, let me know what you're doing.
Speaker 5: All right, man, I will. I need to get better at the whole social media thing. I've been there.
Speaker 1: Well you know what.
Speaker 4: You let me know.
Speaker 2: I'll help you. I'll help you all I can. I'm motorsports Monday, man, I guess to you.
Speaker 1: I will.
Speaker 5: All right. I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Have a good night you too, buddy, Bye bye bye, all right, Blaine Roca, Dude's awesome. I'm just I'm just I'm just tickled. You remember me from the go karts thing? You know, It's like, wow, we I mean that's Blaine Roca.
Speaker 4: What you know.
Speaker 2: It's like, hell yeah, thank you em, thank you, Chris Hi, Jesse Shaw, love you girl, Duayne Sharp, thanks for uh thanks for hooking Dave up with that. I'm so glad Blaine was on. I'm just honored to have him on with a stud I want to thank for an angel, Tony Berry. I want to let everybody know. Uh, I just want to let everybody know once the Classic's over and that's coming up, where I'm gonna get I'm gonna get try to get Lacey Walden on and Jesse Brown on so we can talk about the upcoming Fall Classic. There's gonna be a lot of good stuff coming up. But we're gonna have Championship Week. If it takes me five days, I'm gonna try to get all as many champions as I can. And and I just I just like, like again, I got people like I mean, I'm just honored to know Dwayne Sharp, right, I mean, the guy watches my show.
Speaker 1: I mean, just how do you how do you voice that?
Speaker 2: It's just it's just so cool and Chris Maloso and GM Ballard and all you great folks. Man, it's just my little simple show, trying to uh love on these dudes that are that are.
Speaker 1: That are just doing it? You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Just do I mean it?
Speaker 1: Dwayne, I mean it. It's I mean it. I mean, you have no idea, You just don't. You don't even know.
Speaker 2: So I just want to thank everybody for the support. I want to thank uh again. I want to thank all the promoters. I got a couple. Oh I almost forgot, don't forget. Last event at WVSL this weekend, The Fall Classic is gonna be a super big deal. And Aaron Willison from up in Canada, he won ten grand. All right, Robert, I will do that. I'm I'm definitely gonna do that. I'll drop that name down. I'm gonna try to get all the champs on. It might take me five days, but if I have to do it in five days, I will. Aaron Willison ten g's the Pink Lady Classic up in Canada. Uh, Tony less, thank you so much, or Todd for get me that info. And it does take a village, and I am so blessed to have all of you as part of my village. Let me just say that Pink Lady Classic, I guess it's a big deal in Canada. I gotta get up there to agassy. I gotta check that out. Sounds like a bitch in place. Thanks to Tony, Barry, Renee Angel, and Blaine Rocca for being on the show.
Speaker 6: And it is.
Speaker 2: It's dope. Pump the suitcase. Yeah, man, and I'll see everybody. Have a good rest of the week. And oh Don, thank you. Appreciate you more than you know, man. Thanks for coach dB for getting me some insider info. Thanks to the Dapper, thanks a lot, Robert. Appreciate you, man. I'm gonna get you on too. Even though you didn't win, you still had a great season. Hey, Sarah, congrats on the Bump the Pass Championship. I'm glad you're feeling good. Surgery's been awesome. Thank you all for the prayers. Absolutely yeah, just I love you guys. Thanks, thanks for everything. Have a good rest of the week. If you're if you're racing this weekend, you don't go and have a good time. Remember what it's all about, right, keep it in perspective.
Speaker 1: Oh it was.
Speaker 2: Oh I thought it was in Canada. Okay, my bad. Thank you, Chris. I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Uh So that was at.
Speaker 2: Meridian and John Coogan too. John Coogan gotta win over there at Meridian. So right on, John Coogan, I'm gonna get there is there's so many people I gotta get on here. So God bless you too. Don I want to thank everybody.
Speaker 1: Have a great rest of the week. Remember, if somebody's on the bottom, where do you go?
Speaker 2: You go to the high side, smile, make somebody's day tomorrow, all right, make a difference, because we all do.
Speaker 1: I love you guys, Have a good rest of the week.