Speaker 1: Let's see, I know nothing about the Grammys because I didn't watch the Grammys. I just consulted with Ross. He didn't watch it either. He was very busy. It was something I wasn't able to make it out. However, the only thing I know about it, based on literally every news site ever created that I ever go to in the morning, is Kanye West's chick Bianca. Whatever she decided to go with the dress, by no one. She was naked, just walked up on the I guess she was wearing like a fur overcoat, and then boom, here it is. So there's that everywhere. I don't know. It's not gonna make me watch. I know you think, oh, well, yeah, hey, maybe somebody's gonna show up not wearing anything. Don't care. Obviously it's everywhere already, so I don't even know if anybody wanted anything. Did they give awards out? I'm sure they did. Oh. Actually, I think I saw Beyonce happy about something, so maybe they gave her an award, don't care. Didn't see it. Ross didn't see it. I have no idea what happened. I just know that Kanye West Chick didn't wear it. He clothes and that was a bridge too far for Hollywood, considering everything, the number of people that have showed up on that red carpet and had a quote unquote wardrobe malfunction. Are you any less naked if it takes place in a split second, knowing that there's a thousand cameras that'll catch it, put it on the internet, and you've achieved your goal. At least she's honest about it anyway, it which is good because it was that last night and then they had like an employee holiday party, and I guess it's better that somebody showed up naked the Grammys versus the iHeart Company holiday party. No offense to any of the coworkers, but these were the Grammys. You can be like, it's just Hollywood, be in Hollywood. Although this was a little too much for Hollywood. And while all of that was going on, we finally had a question answered kind of, and the question was, when you evaluate the election cycle that you just went through, that you lost the presidency, the Senate, and the House, a few governor's races, and obviously some of those seats flipped over on the Senate side. As you evaluate that, and you tried to reconcile what message the voters may have sent you and you didn't let him have a primary? If you're the Democrat Party, are you really able to gauge what the problem was or I guess was in this case, Well, it's your you know. They do a little round tap. It's about fifteen of the candidates that are kind of the the front runners, if you will, So they're gonna they're gonna come up and kind of like a Miss Universe pageant, tell you why you should vote for them. So let's go ahead and hear from She didn't win. This woman didn't win, but she was one of the finalists, just to be clear, so she had been filtered through everything else up to this point so that she could, as part of this whole process, explain why she should be running or at the very least co running the Democrat Party.
Speaker 2: We'll begin with the opening statements.
Speaker 3: Each candidate will have thirty seconds, and we'll start with doctor Quintessa Hathaway.
Speaker 4: Good evening, everyone. It is my desire to be the next DNC chair, and I just want to give you all a little bit of something that's been on my heart here over the last couple of days.
Speaker 1: All right, don't do the hand with the heart.
Speaker 2: You fight all, you fight all, you fight all.
Speaker 1: Don't do it when your government is doing you roll you fight on.
Speaker 2: Oh you fight.
Speaker 1: All no Monday morning motivation. All right, that's it, thank you, that's thank you.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 1: Right, you know what, in the grand scheme of things, I actually respect this woman, heer. I. We probably don't align politically on a bunch of stuff, but like she still has that mindset, or at least appears to that old sixties mindset, you know, Uh, make make love not war kind of thing you fight on. We'll hit him with the Gospel, and I can understand that. I can understand that versus the dossiers, the underhandedness, the super delegates, the clearly out of touch. We're just gonna ram Kamala in here, even if Biden forced our hand. But to make it infinitely worse, we're gonna go and we're gonna find a vice presidential nominee and openly discriminate against one, probably because he's Jewish, and that nominee will have even more insane ideas than even our presidential nominee, who is greatly unpopular, and he will have honed them within this quasi Democrat party in Minnesota known as the DFL, which I have seen rapidly change over the years because I really started in this business covering them. It took me to just say Democrat was kind of a switch for me when I came to North Carolina. No, because it was always DFL in Minnesota, which stands for Democratic farm and Democrat farm and labor is all it stands for. And so you have this ideology that she's clearly expressing, not realizing that labor has left you for a large part of labor has left you, having the teamsters come over for Trump and various others, having the working man if you will, over for Trump. That's not It's clear that the ideals of a Democrat known as a DFL in Minnesota. We're very unpopular on that ticket. He did nothing to boost it, and the Minnesota Democrat Party is so outside what a lot of people are claiming as normal. So what did you do? Well, they didn't elect her, Okay, that didn't happen. They went in a different So they took the chair of the DFL party from Minnesota. That's right, that is the new head of the Democrat Party. Let's see here. Democrat members gathered Saturday to finalized selection of Minnesota Democrat Farmer Labor Party chairman Ken Martin. In an interview with New York Times after his win, Martin stated, this is great that the issue isn't the policies but the messaging and the brand problem. Yeah, that's right. The policies, we support all of the things, the open border stuff, the messing with kids stuff where you have doctors that he's eight, but he can't do anything legally other than tell us after a lot of discussion with his mom, who is a little weird, that he's ready to transition, and that was a bridge too far. The women's sports stuff was a bridge too far. We have polling, we have interviews, we have people who literally work for the party who've come out. So the chair of your party just said that all of these policies that drove record number of minority voters over to Republicans and kept people home or had them voting third party or splitting tickets, you end up with districts like Ocasio Cortes or she won in New York City and Trump did better. Right, Trump overperformed. He didn't win her district, but he did better than her. Even that's because you've alienated people. All right, Well, that's who you gave the top spot to. Clearly you want to make sure that they have somebody astride them that balances this maybe takes a little more of a populous message, so you can say, all right, well, that guy's gonna be in charge. But these other people who are up in the main room, so to speak, though, though, keep us on the straight and level and maybe, just maybe we'll figure out how to get voters back. Do you guys do that? Are you ready to go on the offense? Oh?
Speaker 6: Are you ready to go on the offense? Well, we have to win back our young people. I am the only candidate in this race for any of these positions that is under thirty.
Speaker 1: We had a twenty.
Speaker 6: Point shift to the right of our young people. We must show our young people we give a damn about them, that we support them and we invest in them. I embraced over eleven million dollars in the past year to support the future of our party. Because I don't just tweet, I don't just talk the talk.
Speaker 1: I also walk the walk, and I knocked the.
Speaker 6: Knock in doors across the country.
Speaker 2: But I'm counting on you in this.
Speaker 1: Moment right now.
Speaker 6: I need your support. Please vote for me, Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's mister David Hogg, the vice chair there. So, and it's funny because he mentioned knocking doors, which I think when we all sat down and did this and look to see what was effective, that clearly isn't anymore. I mean, I'm sure it has some benefit, but what was far more effective was clearly the social media. How many times did we talk about this where you had this bullpen of Harris social media people. You saw the picture, it's you know, what is there twenty some that were sitting there and they were getting lapped by three dudes who were also running their own accounts and doing other stuff, who were just when they decided something was funny and want to post it or they thought it was useful, they'd get it up there. I mean, don't get me wrong. There obviously was coordination there, but it was so much looser. And so the vice chair you've already you've already decided that the chair is going to represent the essentially your vice presidential candidate's politics, which nobody liked. You made that person your chair, and now your vice chair is an extremely unlikable except with the super fans David Hogg. Do you think David Hogg represents people under thirty? You know why you were hemorrhaging those A lot of them were white males. You've come out and you've blamed them because they've never known any other thing in their quasi at least will say adult lives, but I also mean older right when you get into high school. They've never known anything in their life except they're to blame for everything. And Hogs all in on that. That seems that seems crazy to me, Like I at least understand why the Democrats in North Carolina have the what Anderson Clayton or whatever his name. She's young, and yeah she's she's super into it, but she doesn't carry that baggage she may now although there is you know, Democrats won the governor's race. David Hogg just doesn't. It's nothing. He feels out of touch or maybe he doesn't get it. He clearly is defined who he is. He does the power fist on the stage, he just looks so sad doing it. It turned into a meme that people made fun of. So while all of while Kanye's lady's walking around and no clothes and ihearts having a holiday party. The Democrats are doubling down on what they just did, and they're they're quoted saying it so David Hogg and Minnesota Democrat politics and no admission that they need to perhaps take a look at why they lost some voters. Republicans had to be ecstatic over the weekend. Although today's news cycle won't be that, there will be one word in it and it will be ominous, and that word will be tariffs and we'll talk about it next hang on. So yeah, so that that whole uh who's the chair, who's the vice chair and some of the others over it, that that went honestly not how I expected. And then firmly on the record as policies are not the problem. Branding is and that is the ground game that Democrats are gonna wun are going to run And okay, all right, we'll see how that goes, and who knows, maybe if it's the same policies, but they just don't talk about them. We just you know. But kind of that's what Kamala tried to remember. She they didn't want to talking about policies. They're like, what about uh, let's see joy. Could you talk about joy? You could talk about okay, great, And that didn't work. But what I firmly believe, I actually believe that David Hogg would be the vice chair. But I thought what they would do is they'd kind of they'd McConnell it up. So they get a party chair that seems kind of old school, not really exciting to younger folks, but not toxic, and it would probably leave some Democrats grumbling. And then you get Hog in there in the same way he kind of had like Pelosio Casio Cortes, right, Pelosi was very good from a leadership position, and yes, even though she represented San Francisco and it was very progressive in her ideas, people just saw as one of the old guard and there's a certain comfort there. And then you have the younger person. But you doubled down on Minnesota Democrat politics. You went on records saying the policies aren't a problem, and then you attached to David Hogg. That guy's they a still picture of David Hagg, even if you don't have to listen to him, inspires your enemies to donate against you. Whether he's standing there in his ill fitting suit with his power fist in the air that I'm not allowed to interpret is a Nazi thing, even though we can accuse Elon of that, and you think that's going to be a win, I guess we'll wait and see. Speaking to Elon this dude over the weekend, he's dropping all sorts of Doge stuff. He had an investor's meeting where he had to speak about some of the project's Tesla's working on. And now people can track this stuff so they know when the meeting happened and when he spoke, and literally you can there's like a footprint of it on x Twitter. So's he's posting a cat meme, he's you know, he's writing other stuff. You can see this little gap, or he stops meme posting, which is when he spoke to investors, and then it starts up again. All right, So as Doge does their thing and Trump does his things, all of his things, which we'll cover on the teraror front here in just a moment, as you can imagine the idea of this, you know, heye send an email with the word quit to go ahead and quit you know, the same way you opt out of mailing lists, or you can get eight months severance, or you can simply come back into the office. Federal workers are in a bit of a state, and I understand that, right, But it's when you have a bunch of stuff that clearly is is showing no return on investment and you never do anything about it. Eventually, this day was going to come and you just you hope that they're judicious in the way that they do it. I don't welcome people potentially losing their jobs or maybe even you know, a lot of government jobs. You there is transition available for open positions, and they'll even pay for training. But it's gonna happen. So what's happening a resistance quilt?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: I saw this the Shenanigans yesterday. Federal workers in fear of losing their jobs to doze or having to return from the work at home situation, who now say they either can't or won't return to the office. By the way, do you see why they get ross? Did you see why some of them don't want to return to the office. This was this was interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, I read about this over the weekend. They were saying yeah, they don't want to return to the office. It's going to cause problems because they're not going to be able to go to their second job.
Speaker 1: Oh it's weird.
Speaker 2: So wait a second, wait.
Speaker 1: Hold on, now you're trying to put this together, all right? Hold on, Ross's math in the math, all right, So when you math.
Speaker 2: The math, my brain pieces have started moving here. Yeah, and I'm like, wait a mine, You're getting paid for your federal job, right right, and you can't go to your federal job because that's when you go to your second job. Correct, yes, so are you not doing your first job which we're paying for, right?
Speaker 1: Yeah. So anyway, you still haven't convinced me. What's what's the DC is expensive, man, very expensive up there. Now, technically I don't think they might have been even going into d C sore. There is that. I did see one woman, all right. She wasn't the only one, but there was one whose video ended up going a little viral who was very upset because childcare is very expensive. I don't know if you've heard this. Child care is very expensive, and she was going to have to put her kids in childcare if she actually return to the office for a job and She said that with her face on camera and said where she worked. And I'm like, I don't think you're you're contributing positively to your argument here, because everyone who sees that, just like that poll that caused poor Ross's brain to have to turn on this morning, tells everyone you aren't doing your damn job.
Speaker 2: I mean I can really kind of. I can understand that in some way where you can sit on your laptop at home and do your work while your kid is running around in front of you on the rug you're playing. I can understand that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But you don't understand making a video and it being your core argument, do you?
Speaker 2: Well? No, But I mean I can at least understand it that you are used because you're used to these rules that have been in place, and you're sitting there, and I can understand that, got it?
Speaker 1: Got it?
Speaker 2: The second job thing where you're like, well, no, now I can't leave my house. I can't. I can't go to my job because I have to be at my second job. So it means you weren't doing your first job my second jobs.
Speaker 1: In Arlington or whatever. And this is all the way over in DC. What are we doing here? Yeah? I don't think that's gonna be helped. But what about the quilt though, See I didn't know about the power of the quilt. I'm just looking at this panel here.
Speaker 2: This is nice.
Speaker 1: It kind of says hold the line.
Speaker 2: Like that, you send it to me, it's game over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, no, no yeah. Because you were all smug, You're like, ah, they said, look at the poll here, that's not going to be and then I showed you the quilt and you realize none of it matters. So when are you guys making the quilt? If I could ask, are you just just between nine and five? When was the quilt? So because also you're not allowed to politic during those times during quote unquote working hours, So there's that as well. So arguably there's second job, the kids and the resistance quilt.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's in there off time. You know, they get done with their job to come home or whatever.
Speaker 1: Which job which oiled up? Which job?
Speaker 2: The first? In the in the second first? And and you get home and you're like, what should I watch a Netflix or Amazon?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: You know, I just want to knit?
Speaker 1: And is that knitting?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 1: I don't want to irritate I've been I think I've screwed up knitting and crocheting with sewing before and been called out. So but yeah, to your point, Yeah, but what, well, hold on, what about their third job? Do they have a third job? And how does that was the first job and the second job interfere with that? Or it is only the second job, so it's completely not I.
Speaker 2: Don't know, they could be a third you could knit maybe will driving around the up or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you don't have your hands on the wheel and you're driving around DC, which is notorious healthscape for traffic. That's what I think is you should whoever knitted this wonderful little thing here in the article that says, hold, I think you knited, you knitted three too many letters the end. You would have been more accurate, and you would have saved time, either your time or my times as a paid worker there if you just wrote hold the l because that's clearly what democrats chose to do with their officer hearing whatever, with their new chair and CoA chair. So sorry, just trying to save you some time there. Meanwhile, what's Trump doing tariffs? That's all you're gonna hear about today, all the crazy headlines. Let's see here. Oh not on New York posts, they just have naked pictures of Kanye's chick over and over. But if you go to like Ril or something, top of the page, here we go. Trump's tariffs spark trade trade warfares North Carolinians racing for rising costs. All right, how many of you were panic buying syrup today?
Speaker 5: Ross?
Speaker 1: Did you panic buy any syrup over the weekend?
Speaker 2: It's what happened to me.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, you never tell me, just like I asked Harry week my eh.
Speaker 2: No, it was awful. All five of my Canadian servants did not show up this weekend, all five of them, all five days. They're Dave, Dave, Dave, Dave and Da vide Yeah, show up.
Speaker 1: Quebec yeah, frenchy yeah. Just they didn't even call.
Speaker 2: Just not enough show, no show.
Speaker 1: And then after what happened last week, this has to be compounding, uh, the whole surf master situation at your house man.
Speaker 2: Not to be fair, they are very polite because they're Canadian. Afterward, after the no show, they did call and apologize for the North show. But yeah, they're not showing up. They're gone, oh no.
Speaker 1: Oh no, you have to go get your own syrup. It's the whole thing, man. Yes, it's Trump's new tariffs on imports from Mexico, Canada and China take effect. Fear of trade wars loom large as economists for Dick a hit two consumer wallets, and they may be right. They may be right initially, because you're going to have you're going to have companies that will go to implement immediately. Some will do it for political some will think that they're doing it and they're not doing good analysis. But you got to look at it the larger scope. China's the only one that makes me nervous. Let's face it, China is willing to starve their own people to reform their government to death, tens of millions more than Hitler could have accomplished in four lifetimes. If the math is mathing, Okay, they're willing to do that. They're willing to take part of their population and effectively make them slaves. And then, just as an extra ignoring of history, a large part of them literally harvest cotton, talking about the Wigers folks and then openly sell it as a qualifier for the brand. So if you go on Chinese shopping sites, and not just the America facing ones, but the other ones. One of the ways that they will tell you that wool or cotton is better is it is Weiger sourced, because I guess slaves do the best over there, or quasi slaves. And in fact, it became so rampant that when people started shopping on like Timu and some of those other Chinese sites, they would get mocked for it. So when they put it they translated to English, they'd remove it, but then they'd put little code words in because buyers still wanted equality, buyers still wanted the good stuff. So China, China most definitely is interesting because we do get a lot of stuff from China. They get a lot of our ideas. I'm sure they'll still be importing those for free, well whatever costs to steal them. But with Canada, I make the maple syrup choke. But there are there is some stuff. It is not a non existent portion of our economy. And yes we do buy a lot of energy from them, but a lot of that is due to the fact that we positioned it so that previous presidents who wanted to show that the US was not in the drill, Baby drill, as a rebuttal of Republican wants and needs. It was happy to let Canada do it and then just pop it down here. It's really why a lot of this pipeline stuff was so important because of the way we positioned it. But it's not as though we can't backfill it. But it will take a little time, and we do get a lot of lumber from them. These are all true. We get cheese from them too, for some reason, which Wisconsin is never happy about and they always wind about. My point is Canada gets a lot from US and Mexico, or I should say we get a lot from them per se, and it is a big part of their economy, so they financially get a lot from US. And I don't mean it's a little part. I mean it's double digits, twenty thirty percentile. So Chuck Schumer can do as much as he wants with the well.
Speaker 7: This, let's just take Super Bowl Sunday. Okay, it's going to affect be here. Okay, most of it. Corona here comes from Mexico.
Speaker 1: Modelo is actually the top It actually was the top rand in the US for a while because bud lights thing not Corona. But you didn't know that because you've never drank either. Let's just be honest here, except for publicity.
Speaker 7: Stunts, it's going to affect your glock. Oh no, because what is guacamole made of avocados?
Speaker 1: Oh I'm not a chef. Okay, I'm not a Yes, we do get a lot of avocados from them. This is this is true. In fact, remember avocados from Mexico started buying Super Bowl ads a few years ago. It made some pretty good ones. So yeah, uh, do you know what agriculture from Mexico is a portion of your GDP is that's sold to the US? Or chuck? Do you know? I know that Rosto's that he looked it up. Let me guess just a tiny little percent, right, like one percent? Maybe just maybe one and a half. We eat a lot of avocados, avocado toast, guacamole. Rost doesn't need a lot of ado avocados, but Americans do.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Once you you get all the agriculture mixed in, it's like a third of your economy. Agriculture then manufactured items that are manufactured expressly for the US. It's it's a it's a small amount, and that's not even counting another huge chunk of your economy, which are known as remittances, that is, monies that are sent from US based workers back to Mexico. This is it's largely impactful in a lot of countries, and China gets a lot of money to a lot of people who work here send money to China. But for Mexico it's a substantial part of it. So if Trump want, if you want to go toe to toe with him, and he feels that's another piece of leverage, that would be absolutely devastating for you.
Speaker 2: You know, the actual numbers are Mexican exports the US as a percentage of GDP, Mexican thirty thirty five. Canada is twenty two percent. However ours is one point two percent of theirs. Yes, so I mean the math isn't going to math for you.
Speaker 1: It's not going to work. China's the outlier because they're willing to literally kill their own people to make a point like, hey, we should dam up this river. Oh, I don't know, it's like sixty million people. They use it for agriculture and food and I don't care build the dam, but they will move their village. And it's on the high side of the dam. I guess it's underwater now, like China's willing to do that. Mexico and Canada. I don't know what they're gonna do, but it will be the story of the day. Unless I don't know, buckets more crazy find their way, which isn't impossible. Oh and I was just gonna go the caller who's a federal worker, and he says he's fine to go back. But did he say whether he made a quilt patch. He probably didn't if he's calling this show all right, six forty nine Cacoday Radio program. A lot of federal positions require you not to I am aware. Yeah, that is the other thing too, and I don't know how it works for all of them. There are federal positions that you are expressly prohibited from having a second job for I don't even have beef. If somebody's got it like a second like if they drive uber on the side, whatever, I don't care. But it's when you're complaining about it or it's openly going to be a problem for you that most Americans are like, well, wait a sec, I can't work a job in the middle of my job. But you're not gonna get sympathy from people. All right, let's do this. We'll take a break and let's see here. Oh sadly, we do have some additional North Carolinians in this case on the military side involved in that plane crash. All update you coming up next here on the CaCO Day radio program. The Netflix WWE thing's going well. So I didn't watch did you watch it? Russ? You don't watch any of that, do you anymore? Even though it's on Netflix now? Yeah? So sore they're thing of the royal rumble in Indianapolis. Holy cow, man, So that's working out on the sports front of that. I don't know if they're gonna work out. How many of you are Dallas Mavericks fans this morning? I'm sure we got a few in the audience. You doing okay? I yeah. I even said this on the radio the other day when I was looking at the ratings that the NBA has, which have taken an absolute nose dive. I think they're off like forty percent from just a few years ago. And I wonder why that is because they still have big players. Right, there's even if you don't watch basketball very much, they're still like you, you know, the guys, And so when I saw this trade that happened, I had some questions because I thought Luka Donsik was pretty good. And I know I mispronounced that. I don't care, but you're Dallas Mavericks. You didn't tell anyone, and then you just took the face of your franchise and a couple other big names U. Kleeber and then who is that Morris was the other one for and then you trade him to LA for ad Anthony Davis, Max Christian I think a first round pick in a few years, not the next one, but in a couple of years. Well, Utah is tied into this thing too, but but like, holy crap, like is there there wasn't a player with a bigger name for the Mavericks. And that all because you want to go to a defensive team, which okay, it's not really the NBA right now, but maybe it's a winning strategy. I know, you guys got smoked by the Cavaliers last night after this thing became public, and now the Lakers are gonna have all that. Oh you know what I was just thinking, is Bronie gonna start anymore? Mister? Averaging point four points per game? Or Bronni or whatever however you pronounce his name Lebron's kid, so keep write articles. Look it's father and son on the court, and it's like, yeah, the son isn't doing anything, and I think he just went two of eight on his on a good game, and uh, he can't shoot free throws or guard or assist or rebound. So I I don't know. I wonder if it's you think it's bait, maybe to see how long you get get Lebron to hold on so you get another ring. I don't know the answer to that.
Speaker 2: If Lebron, James and Luca don't win a championship, there's something wrong, because that's fair.
Speaker 1: They took it to Miami and they didn't win.
Speaker 2: At first, somebody was playing they tried to make that trade and I think it was NBA two K whatever the latest one is, because you know, you can play like GM and like the game was like, would not allow them to do that trade. They said, it's ridiculous and this would never happen.
Speaker 1: But that's what But that's that's that's what we have. Miami was the first ridiculous, ridiculous. I think maybe the Lakers were.
Speaker 2: Going well that there are people that that will tell you it's like the ninety six, ninety seven Bowls or whatever. But the difference that I mean, Scottie Pippen and Michael Jordan were together for a long time that they were there.
Speaker 1: And when Golden State stacked they they they got worse, actually didn't they when they really brought in those guys at the end, I think they'll end up winning one more.
Speaker 2: When they brought in Kevin Durant, Yeah, yeah, they want it right, they running like three guys. Yeah. I would say Miami probably was like the first like super Team where they they intentionally right. But this is just unfair. I read it online. It was like, imagine if the city of Buffalo woke up and you realize that Josh Allen has been traded for like Derek Carr and like three.
Speaker 1: The city of Buffalo after the trade.
Speaker 2: Right for that trade, like the equivalent, No, the whole city would commit suicide. They'll be dead. Yeah, And then especially to learn that like say, like Josh didn't even want the trade, wasn't even like didn't even know it was going to be a thing. Just suddenly I'm not here anymore.
Speaker 1: So with the Luca thing, they were ahead of having to pay him signed to a like five year deal, and then I think it was gonna ge three hundred and fifty million for it. Yeah, it's a commitment, most definitely. But it's Luca dude, right, Even people don't pay attention to basketball, know this guy. He's pretty good. I heard he's pretty good.
Speaker 2: I would imagine imagine if back in the day, imagine if Larry Bird was just a bit younger and they like they trade Larry Bird to the Chicago Bulls.
Speaker 1: Oh that was him and MJ together. Oh my gosh. I wonder if they gel though.
Speaker 2: Because let's like, yeah, I know you saw the commercial, right, the mcdonna's commercial. They're like best friends, man, sure, bouncing it off the rafters and stuff through the windows.
Speaker 1: They're both getting paid like a million dollars a second to stand there. Both love Big Max, they do, and they are quite competitive too. Nothing but net absolutely, But I don't think that's what it was. I don't know. I don't think those two could exist on a team together and did not turned into a little little problematic in the same way here, like Luca doesn't take any crap. I don't know, if you remember you remember how much they were ragging on him, and then the dude who plays for Denver, but ESPN can't hate him enough because I feel there's a racial component there. So they just go out and they will trash talk anybody and then deliver and you just got rid of him. As Ross said, it's like, you know, Josh Allen isn't here anymore, but it'll be fine. Our defense is better.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: Fans don't want to hear that, man, But yeah, it sounds like they wanted to get ahead of that. So either at work, So this guy's probably cooked whoever the GM that is there, Unless he's got some dirt on Mark Cuban I'm not aware of. But either way, we'll see and Lakers fans will probably be an extra obnoxious. But yeah, I think Bronie's the real loser here. Stephen A. Smith destroyed him and lebron at the end of last week so badly. The other two hosts were sitting there and didn't say anything, and you could tell we're very like, oh my gosh, is he saying this right next to us? Not quite wheeling the chair out of the camera frame, but definitely wanting to. It was very interesting to watch Sadly. More and more North Carolinians find themselves attached to the plane crash. I think they've identified fifty some fifty eight. I don't know what the official number is of the folks who were on the commercial airliner. The final name of the military aircraft, Sadly is a woman from Durham. Army Captain Rebecca Lobeck was in the helicopter when it crashed into the American Airlines flight on Wednesday outside of Reagan Airport. Let's see, where's the other names? Here we go. Staff Sergeant Ryan Austin O'Hara and Chief Warren off for Sir Andrew Eves were the other two soldiers on the plane. So for what we know, it's one soldier. Lobot grew up in Durham, played high school basketball, went to the University of the South in Tennessee. Sawanee is that what they call it? Yeah, something like that. Did r otc through North Carolina Chapel Hill, according to her family, and they actually did together. They tracked down her military recruiter here, balal Cordab, who said he was devastated when you learned the low back was one of the victims. We still don't know. I guess the totality of what was going on. I don't even know what her mos here is she crew chief? I'm not sure there were three on that aircraft. And then with the American Airlines, the crew was Charlotte based, and you had one passenger, and I think that number stands at just one passenger who was a mother from wife from Charlotte that we told you about. On Friday, they put out a long statement here. Let's see. Let me just give you some of the highlights here. She had a lot of cool stuff. Man quarter fifty hours of flight times, so she was pilot. She was the most experienced pilot in her battalion. I don't know specifically what capacity she was on this helicopter. She might have been the pilot, but I heard a male voice, so I don't know in that let's see. Also, she had a lot of White House events too, so a big long list here. Obviously, her family is quite devastated, but they did release this statement. We were devastated by the loss of our beloved Rebecca. She was a right star in our lives. She was kind, generous, brilliant, funny, ambitious and strong. Rebecca began her career in the US Army as a Distinguished Military Graduate in ROTC from the University of North Carolina. Was in the top twenty percent of cadets nationwide, achieved the rank of captain, serving twice as platoon leader and company executive officer for the twelfth Aviation Battalion. They're out of Virginia, I believe. Yeah. Fort Belvoir, Virginia, and head log four hundred and fifty hours of flight time and receive certification as pilot and command through extensive testing and the most senior and experienced pilot in her battalion. So a little bit of background there, and they talk about some of the awards and various events. But anyway, I think there's but like ten more people they still haven't identified, which I'm sure will quickly come. All right, seven sixteen here on the CaCO Day radio program, there's a video. I'm not going to play the audio for you, Well, actually I will. Are you ready you want to hear the audio except that go on for like a minute twenty and it's not that it's new, but it's new to the internet, and I'll explain what it is. But we will tweet the video, so you can go watch it, probably not in your office, depending on where you work, and not with the volume up real high. But it's hilarious, is what I will say. So I'll share that with you and much more coming up. Seven seventeen. Hang on a couple of little videos floating around out there. I shouldn't use the word little. That's not fair. It's cold. But now you're viral, bro, and you know, maybe, just maybe maybe don't fight people naked outside in the snow, drunk or something is good advice because it may lead to this. I do the crowd, by the way, holy cow, spin on it. My god. No, so what what do you think they're witnessing? Just hearing that audio and the little bit of tease I gave you right there is Do you think it's just because the person's naked? No? All right, so he did have pants on kind of, but obviously they weren't fitting. And so h he gets into a bar fight. This is Canada, gets into a bar fight. It's now in the parking lot, and they're going to arrest him, but he doesn't want to be arrested. So they do the thing where eventually they tangle with the dude, and they've got him face down, they get his hands behind his back, put him in cuffs, and now it's the part where you got to pick him up. The problem is, you know, when skin makes contact with snow and ice, just as we went and the very famous Christmas story with the tongue on the light pole. That's a thing. And it doesn't have to be your tongue, and it doesn't have to be a light pole. It could be your uh, male part and a frozen parking lot. And so while these guys are are clowning this dude and laughing at him, and police are trying to do it, they they pick him up, and it is clear that that sticks to the ice, but the police are in the middle of picking them up. So all of a sudden it I don't have to describe this, do I. I mean it does free itself. Who and then and then they start telling him he's got a small one, and now he himself is unhappy. He's not he's I don't know how the cops could have stopped the other drunks. I guess they could have arrested him. I don't know what they're doing. That's se eagle and yeah, I'm sorry that you got clowned and for you'll forever be frozen to the ground tiny. You know what, dude, maybe don't go back to that bar, but probably you got trespassed anyway, so that's not gonna be an issue. But yeah, they shot that whole video and of you getting frozen to the ground in that spot and then getting clowned because you're suffering from both shrinkage as well as probably some maybe even some skin loss. You had a very bad day. This happened a way up in Alberta, Canada. So that's number one, number two, and I here's the thing I'll understand. This is the moment you see this, you realize it's internet gold. It's not great radio gold because we don't have that many bleeps in the budget. But it's pretty wild to watch. So it was. It took place a while ago, you can tell from just the way everyone's dressed. And it's in New York. But it's one of those standsos but where sometimes you catch lightning in a jar where you're going around you're just interviewing people. A lot of times, sometimes you go interview drunks at bars in Nashville and you get hot tooy girl. In this case, they were interviewing people that were protesting out front, out in front of Trump Tower up in New York, and it's just some New Yorkers trying to walk. Hey hey, I'm walking here in that same delivery. And you can tell he's just had enough of the protesters, right, he's just off probably to do so he's busy, he's got something to do. And they said something and then this guy starts filming who had been doing Q and A with people, and you just get gold Man, right, he goes Oprah at one point he's like, you're a moon bat. You're a moon bat. You're a moon bat. Everyone gets a car kind of thing. But he does it in the New York style and it is amazing. But it's also in New York style, absolutely chock full of explotives like every other word. But he has the accent and well, we'll tweet it out so you can go ahead and check that out. But it's really funny. But it's crazy. Is this guy filmed this and he was packaged it as part of a video he then upload He's not a big creator. It's a little weird. The article reads, weird. I just saw this headline large fire at funeral home in East Greenwich, Rhode Island is where this is. I was just wondering, like you, so if your family members there at the crematorium. But it's a full funeral home, so some people are cremated obviously, they just you know, coffins for the rest, I guess. And so that broke out absolutely towards the whole place. But if you're if you were there to be cremated, does your family still get charged? Because technically it worked kind of. But now I see that the bodies that were incinerated were not awaiting cremation in an odd twist, so I guess those were gonna go standard coffin there. So yeah, yeah, those families probably are gonna get paid. So let's see here. No living people's were hurt, so there's that, although one firefighter did get treated for smoke inhalation. But yeah, this absolutely torts this whole thing. Man, It's crazy. The actual fire broke out around four am. Yeah, I don't know the answer. Not a mortician, all right. Somebody sent me this article and I was talking about the woman from Durham who was now the identified third on the Army helicopter and they I don't know that I read as much into this, but I understand why people are paranoid. So some folks have noticed that prior to the family officially releasing the statement Saturday, when they did it Saturday afternoon, obviously the family had been aware for some time but chose to One of the things that seems to us happened is her social media was taken down, essentially closed, they say, scrubbed. That could be. It could be a number of things. And I didn't go to her social media, but I believe that's true. I have a question, isn't that kind of what you should do now if one of your kids, God God forbid this ever happened, but one of your kids, So now you're you know there. I know she's an adult, but they're still your kid, and they're in their twenties or they're in that social media generation. I feel like, now, if you have access, the first thing you should do is lock their social media because the internet's awful. Man, the Internet's awful, and you just know people would have been in there. Because there's definitely a political angle to this. Digging around to see if she ever posted anything that so they'd get a bead on where her head was that or god forbid, even worse than that, if she's got some photos that people use for you know, deep fake AI porn. I have to say it because there are people out there who will do it well. They just the whole Internet lost its mind when they introduced this shit like squirrel girl thing and immediately there was like AI adult films with her because that's that's just how the Internet internets. So I don't know. I feel like nowadays the smartest thing can do, especially if you know that it's going to be high profile. Obviously this is going to be a national story. I think you got to shut down even if you don't know what's on there. You don't have to necessarily delete it, but you gotta lock it down because you're gonna want to go through that. And maybe you don't want to go through that, Maybe you do, that's up to you the family. But like, honestly, if there was this, is there a setting And I don't know how it gets triggered. Man, I don't want on my social media up after I'm gone. Also delete all my hard drives just in case. But I don't know how you attach that to something like your own little failed safe device, sa if I don't log in in twenty days, lock it down without you know, giving your family access there. People are still making jokes about the poor man in this it's shrinkage. It's cold outside. Oh, I do have a question. Would you rather be the Canadian man who fought naked in the parking lot and then was placed face down in cuffs and went picked up a certain part of his body attached to the snow and got all stretchy manned and then and then people made fun of it. Would you rather do that? Or have been at the DNC's nominating committee for their chair and vice chair over the weekend where David Hogg and the head of the Minute Soda DFL Democrats are now in charge and sat through all of that ross. You're going naked down in the snow or a Saturday with David Hogg?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're going, David Hogg.
Speaker 1: You're going David hoggs Yep. What if Nancy Pelosi shows up and AOC and they sit on either side of you for the entirety of the event. Parking lot's not looking bad and it will throw a mazy herono in so she can just randomly accuse you of disinformation. I don't know, man, but I do know it's going to be interesting to watch. And I also I also kind of get I don't know that it's conspiratory. If I was family and my adult child died and I could lock their social media, I would do it, you know, a high profile case, and it wouldn't be conspiratory. The Army probably advised her that for some folks around her due to the high profile nature, said hey, you know, one of the things you may want to do is lock their social media down, because they would have It would have been a field day on that thing. You've seen literally how everything goes. And if it turns out she was specifically the pilot, you're going to have people that are going to start the gender stuff, the DEI stuff. She's got a lot of accomplishments here and and I think the family doesn't want to go through any of that stuff. But I don't think the government did it, which is I've seen some stories sitting there literally saying that they think that's the case. And I don't know that i'd get a board of that on board with that this morning, all right, And again the news cycle most likely is going to be have the ballet's out.
Speaker 3: There, Dred number one. You've got to stop people be boring into our country.
Speaker 6: And we've stopped.
Speaker 1: Today talking about the tear offs. It's actually co Canada.
Speaker 3: We have to stop people be boring in. We have to stop Bettanola that in China and that's Trentano's killed. This year at least two hundred thousand people is boring in from China through Mexico and Canada, and they've got to stop it. And if they don't stop it, the tariffs are gonna get worse, a lot of worse.
Speaker 1: All right, So just him putting into context, I guess his big concern. Obviously it's more than that, but I think it would be helpful if he I mean, it's easy to say, yeah, but what does it look like when you think it's China's addressing it enough? What is what are those standards? And have you communicated it to them or are you expecting them? And I don't know the answer to any of those, but it will be dooming gloom. I haven't I haven't watched like Good Morning America or seen they're a little opening. So days like this sometimes I would just kind of check that out. I assume they're leading with this. I assume the biggest story that they and others from a news cycle standard are going to be teariffs are going to be how everything's going to be too expensive and oh my gosh, if we've been to the grocery store, look what Trump did. And don't get me wrong, it may have an impact they if they want to drag this thing out, but groceries didn't just get expensive. And he's not wrong on the fennyl stuff. And as we pointed out earlier in the show, this is a huge slice of both of their economies, their trade economies for them, not as big of a slice for us. Noticeable, you know, almost two percent. Not something that goes unnoticed. So we'll see, all right, seven forty three. We got ray stagic creeping up on forty four there from the Weather Channel. What's up sporting? Yeh, I don't watch tell you Monday. I don't know if it's good, but you know, nothing you're gonna do that's Monday. You know you're not gonna be here next week because you're accurate. That's right.
Speaker 8: I am that guy.
Speaker 1: So your predictions held up for the most part, so uh, don't let us down this week. How about that?
Speaker 8: No mild a week this week then we had last week. We'll talk about records after today. We'll dig in tomorrow and see what they are. For the rest of the week. There's one kind of anomaly for some of us, and that's Wednesday. We get a little more of a wedge and that could bring an east wind and some cooler temperatures, but most mid upper sixties today. Got a little cloud around this morning from go about Johnson City, Tennessee, right across the Triad and the Triangle heading toward Greenville to the south, near Fayetteville points south, there's a little more sunshine, but we're all going to get into the sunshine later today. A beautiful Monday, close to fifty Tonight Tuesday gorgeous, lots of sunshine, low to mid seventies, and then Wednesday, maybe a little rain into Wednesday night highs only in the mid upper fifties, which is still at or slightly above average, and then that wedge'll break and we're gonna get into maybe a little rain for Thursday, but very mild to the mix of clouds and sun middle to maybe upper seventies and then back in the sixties on Friday. All these temperatures except Wednesday well above average, and as it said, we may be in record territory. The records are probably more like eighty or eighty plus for this time of the year, but still casey for this time of year so far. The groundhog, at least the official.
Speaker 1: Guy, through it without it. I thought never happened to Sunday.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 1: We'd make it through without having to hear about gobblers not whatever that stupid thing is. Sorry, so he predicted six more weeks a wi right, right, fos try to let a road and steer the direction of this ution based report here.
Speaker 8: You know, a couple of weeks everybody forgets about it anyway, and somebody says, well, what about those six weeks or six weeks later, nobody remembers.
Speaker 1: It's accountable. You exec a few that get a few wrong in a row, like you know, not on the first one be handed to the former mayor of New York, but to in a row, even if you want to go to California. Three strikes. Yeah, right, I don't know what lifespan is much less when de blog told them, but still all right, Well we didn't make it, all right, thanks sir, all right, appreciate it. Yeah I was. I was thinking, we're gonna get away with not having to take a trip to guys. It's not gobbled, it's Gobbler's Knob, right, I always screw this up. Dixville Notch for the early voters. The only things I know about the New England. Oh and Boston fans, but that's a whole other thing. So it's Dixville Notches where they vote. Gobbler's Knob is where they use the road and to predict weather inacturately, I might add, No, he's the corporate shill. Well who wait, who's Puckstaddie working for Big what fake Browner?
Speaker 2: Big Winter?
Speaker 1: Oh, Big Winter? So like uh, snow tires and little handwarmers and yeah, you can't trust anybody. Everybody's an influencer these days, and not everyone discloses it. All right, seven forty six k co Oda Radio program Wild Story. If I got time, I'll share this thing. I was just reading with you real quickly from the from the Leverett Levitt cam. Excuse me say this, Catherine Levitt. There we go. It'll stick, I promise the White House Press Secretary getting a question by Peter Doucey at Friday's press conference. Let me just jip you a little audio from that. Here we go. President Trump is telling us that air traffic control towers are staffed with unqualified controllers, these DEI hires who never should have been brought on. Then it's not safe flying produ is.
Speaker 9: The President was asked to me answer yesterday, and he believes that it is still indeed safe, and Americans should feel safe traveling our skies. With that said, two things can be true at the same time. And we certainly have seen the deterioration of federal hiring standards at the Federal and aviation and aministration, and the President wants to.
Speaker 2: Increase those standards.
Speaker 9: He wants pilots in this country, who have the great responsibility of flying American citizens by the tens of millions every single day, to be chosen for that position based on their merit and their skills, And so the administration will continue to prioritize this.
Speaker 1: Scientists are casting doubt on the reliability of America's most celebrated forecaster. This is more pucksatani phil stuff. So let me get this straight. Scientists decided to do science to debunk that. Does anybody really think that a rodent predicts the weather? Am I missing something here? You don't. You don't have to do a research study. You can just tell me that. You'd be like, we don't think he knows, and I'd be like, no, he probably doesn't. Nothing. He's doing as natural as people are chanting outside of his fake hole his name, which he doesn't comprehend. He's just like, what's going on outside? Maybe there's food outside. Let's see what's going on. They doesn't see food, or he does see food. I think it's rigged, like the NFL. But we'll see. But yet again, in this article, second paragraph, Pukstani Phil made famous by the ninety three Groundhog Day, and now Ross was at least in proximity to this thing growing up in New York. Hey, whyoming I knew about this damn thing. We call it rock chucks. Sometimes we shoot at him, but we don't use them predict our weather. They didn't have a mule. They did it for a while though, and he died.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: I remember growing up like they would always like, go there were two of them. They would do. They'd be like well, this is what you know, punk Satani, Phil said, this is what our own version said.
Speaker 1: Done, yeah, whatever your local version is. Yeah, yeah, yeah. So scientists dug into it. What do you think a puck Satani And obviously there's been lots of Pucksatani phills, But if you just take Pucksatani's predictions for the last hundred years or whatever, what do you think his success rate is? Because they have it here, they did, they did science stuff. What do you think his success rate is? As it as it pertains to It looks like the northeast is what they've decided to be the sample size, not just Pennsylvania thirty five percent. That might get you in the Hall of Fame in baseball if you hit three fifty. But it ain't like that's no good. That ranks him seventeenth. Yes, they went and they study the one or no, was it all one hundred or was it fifty? They studied like the top fifty. Yeah, here we go, top fifty famous groundhogs. So and uh, Pucksitani's bat in three fitty. Now stat Island Chuck, which is not the one that DiBlasio killed. This is this is one that probably heard his fellow Forest Rodent weather forecaster scream out in in pain as he died. But but he's you know, he's a ferry ride away. So Statn Island Phil is Batten eight fitty, which I may throw that back at Ray. Is Ray correct? Eighty five percent of the tie. I guess it comes down to what all he's doing is roughly when when winter will go away? Well, what is I don't even have your methodology in here, by the way, I did look it up, Ross, I was wrong. Do you know how long old Phil's been working there in Pennsylvania. I thought it was early nineteen hundreds, eighteen eighty seven, So we've had one hundred and fifty years almost of him, and he's got thirty five percent, right stat Island. Chuck ain't been around as long, but he's got eighty five percent, and he's been over I think they had to be doing it for over fifteen years to make this. So he's he's leader. You guys should trade for him in the middle of the night and not tell your fans his shows that one day, here's Chuck just hanging around in Pennsylvania. People of Staten Island are devastated. You're gonna go get one of those octopuses that picks the World cup or whatever. Everybody's got a thing.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's just a generational thing because like punk satani Phil, like when he started he was going against like plumbers and electricians and stuff, and you got this like you know, more modern age groundhog. You know, yeah, just further ahead. It's not fair to fill.
Speaker 1: Well. Yeah, although to be fair, this the actual current pill is younger than Chud, the current Chuck, which is.
Speaker 2: So it's like a it's a dread pirate Roberts thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he was the well I don't want to spoiler alert. There's not just one. Okay, so her beloved, Okay, it's a whole thing. You should you should watch it, all right. So uh yeah, so thirty five percent. I'll keep that for Ray when we talk to him here in about forty five minutes and he can answer why he puts any trust in this thing, all right. Couple of other things we got to get too, other than oh, yeah, Terriff's tariffs, tariffs, dude. Yeah, today's just gonna be one of those days. Or maybe you just maybe you just want to sit back and watch cartoons or something all right, So I mentioned earlier in the show that Musk is tweeting and Doge is tweeting a lot of stuff, a lot of cuts. And one of the things they put out was a chart and it showed one point two billion. There we go. One point two billion in just DEI programs the savings cut and it covered all the different from Department of Bag to personnel management, which was the biggest. I think it's about a half billion because they do most of the governmental training and just everything under the sun. But when he tweeted it out, he tweeted this, and I think it's this is a really really I mean, you knew the deficits obviously insane, and their goal is to take it from two trillion to one trillion, and the hope is that the one trillion is chewed up by economic growth, which got'd be crazy. Do you know how much they'd have to cut every day in all right, So this is the cut is facing twenty twenty six projected spending. So they don't even have the number per se yet, but they kind of know what it is. So between now and twenty twenty six, so every day of this year, doze or somewhere in the government Congress could do this as well. Has to cut four billion dollars a day. So even that list that he put out on hey, here's all the DEI cuts we made on Friday or whatever the day was, is still only twenty five percent of what they have to do every single day between now and January first to twenty twenty six. It's a really heavy lift. And this is the easy stuff, right, this is the DEI programs. You got to face to it, you know what it is. As soon as they start making hard cuts or cuts that are not as easily explainable, right, they'd be fine if they could sit you down and go, look, here's why we're cutting this. This is insane. But it'll have a cute see name, It'll have a nice name, like you know, and they'll be, oh, that's for the kids. And now you're cutting the stuff for the kids because you want kids to die of cancer. And the media will absolutely take this one by one. So I don't know, you're going to see extreme pushback on the DEI stuff. I think they've already had their tantrum. But this is the easy stuff, and they keep posting it. I appreciate the transparency Must went on to say, is cautiously optimistic though reach the four billion dollars per day twenty twenty six reduction goal, and then gave credit to I knowne of this to be possible without to Donald Trump. And he's doing this while he's doing shareholder meetings and posting memes and dominating Diablo. So again he's he's a freaking cyborg man. Uh must want on to write all right, hold on? Obviously there will be extreme opposition from the grifters, and they will make it sound like we're cutting funding to save baby pandas. I have a question, are we spending money to save baby pandas. I'm not diametrically opposed to pandas, but we don't have pandas that live here, not We don't even even the ones that come visit or owned by the Chinese government. Maybe we had a few like grandfathered in pandas, But then where are the baby pandas coming from? Because all I see you guys doing is send, you know, spending an an ordinate amount of money to make like panda porn and panda aphrodisiac so you can get the one over at the zoo too. Hookup is that what you mean are we sending money to China for baby pandas, which god knows how they're using it. And by the way, that check better not come up. Short. Zelenski whining over the weekend because his hundred billion or his hundred he thought he was getting one hundred and seventy seven billion, and he only got a hundred billion. And now he's like, what happened to the money, which is a good question, right, did it leave the treasury at one hundred and seventy seven but processing fees and uh, what interests chewed it up? Or he just thought he was gay. It sounds like he thought he was going to get that and he didn't get it. But it doesn't mean he still won't get the other seventy seven. He just didn't get it in time. And maybe it's because the Trump administration. It's like, no, we're we're looking at everything right now. But the audacity Ross, I'm gonna give you a hundred and fifty billion dollars. You're okay with that? Give you a hundred and fifty billion? You like that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're great, and I'd spend it, would you you promise?
Speaker 1: Okay? All right, I'm gonna send you this one. I'm gonna send you a hundred billion now, but maybe the rest are car Are you happy now because you have one hundred billion? Are you happy? Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, I'm good.
Speaker 1: What if I never send you the other fifty billion? Are you gonna you're gonna hold a press conference whining about it? Or are you just gonna go buy all this horrible stuff and are gonna buy?
Speaker 2: I mean it depends if I blow through my other money. Yeah, Like if I blow through all that money that I'll be like, hey, where's my money?
Speaker 1: Well, revenging is expensive. It is right when you're trying to settle all scores and debts. I mean, bulldo have you.
Speaker 2: Seeing how long the list is?
Speaker 1: It's it is? Santa would be a he'd be like, nah, I'm not going out tonight. I just I can't do it. So am I still on the list? I saw that earlier? My name up there? Okay, Now he's busy. He's busy highlighting something. I think that's me. I think that's probably me anyway, And I gave him the money to do it, so jokes on me, all right? Eight seventeen, Hang on going after China, Canada and Mexico, and when you do the analysis on this stuff, we can get calls to if you want eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. When we when we look individually, China is the outlier. I mean, obviously that would have a huge impact on China. So much of what gets sold here in the US, and a lot of it is just garbage, right, I'm gonna be ordered so on the internet, it's only eight cents for this snow shovel or whatever, and then it shows up and a damn thing just breaks. But people buy it. And there's a lot, a lot, a lot of stuff that's manufacturing in China by American companies. So yeah, and China has shown a willingness to literally murder their own citizens if it fits with the party's policy there and what they're wanting to do. So if Ji Jinping there gets he wants to get into this match with Trump, he'll literally starve part of his population at least funding from them to accomplish it. Because everything's about a representation of power with those cats, They're not gonna do what the Colombian president did and issue a press release in the morning saying you'll fight till the bitter end, only to uh turn around later in the day and acquiesce on the point China won't do that. Tell me if this sounds like a good thing. China's quote they have quotes artificial sun fuels, Western fears it has lost race to energy, holy grail. So China they're kind of I'll explain why they're calling it the sun. But still, I don't know, man, this every time I've seen anything like this in a movie, it it, you know, some super energy like the well, the Death Star, I guess would be one. What was the what was the latest thing called that was able to be thwarted by like five people, two of them elderly, the big super weapon anyway, Eh, yeah, and it never ends. Well, so I don't know, but we'll give you the details of what they're talking about and uh speculate what they might do with it. You're gonna be hard to laser us directly because you know you're here and you'd have to bend in. It's a whole thing. But I don't know. One of those bad boys on the moon, I'm not too sure. Brian looked.
Speaker 5: Basically because I was listening to c NBC this morning and the whole point of these tariffs seems to be kind of going to the to the wayside here a lot from what they were saying from the White House. Basically, the trumps are being put on, I mean, the terraffs are being put on to stop China, Mexico, and Canada from engaging in the drug drug wars. I mean, you know, at least.
Speaker 1: Looking at least looking at not enforcing it as strictly in the in the form of Canada. Yeah, we played the audio from Trump. If people missed it, he said, uh, it would ask plane side. Basically fentanyl produced in China that then enters via Mexico and Canada. So that is on the record.
Speaker 5: So what he's doing, though, is basically telling me that those countries, look, either you stop the drugs from coming into the country, or we will tax you, take your money, and then we'll stop the drugs from coming in with that money. So but I mean, that is the main goal of this. Yes, the other goal is to also stop them because you know, it also seems to get kind of overlooked. China and Mexico and Canada. They also put tiffy on us. We don't have tariff on them. But they've got tariff on them out and now everybody's stopping it because going to do it, you have you.
Speaker 1: Have some we do have some TERRFT. You're absolutely right, sir. I just want to but I want to be accurate here. We do have some tariffs, uh, but it's not for as much as they utilize the market. It is nowhere near what tariffs used to be, and they have some specific carve outs. That's why the whole debate over Favored nation status with China was such a big thing because it essentially opened a lot of this up. But you're right, not only do they terrify us, they also prohibit US companies from selling into their markets in certain instances. So you know that's that's that's a huge deal right there. So I agree with you. I want the Trump admen, but what does that look like?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 1: What could Canada do where Trump went? Thank you? You're taking this seriously. What is the metric? And I don't know what the metric is yet, but maybe that's why he's leaving it open so they come back with some where he can accept it and feel like he's making a deal even though it accomplished what he wanted.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying to believe the metric is measuring how many, how much in terms of drugs are coming in? How much are we still catching coming into our borders or.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, no, I agree with you. That could be a metric because look, US, Mexico, Canada at large are not going to catch every drug that comes through any of the reports. Right, It's just it would be impossible worldwide deliveries would would we screeched to a halt? But you're right, what is a measurable metric? And maybe that's what it is. What is the US catching on the other side? Did it decrease fifty percent? Is that a good enough number? And I don't know the answer. So that's that's why I' putting it out there. Thanks for the call there, Brian, appreciate it. Janet, thanks for hanging on. What's up?
Speaker 10: Hey? I can completely understand the family shutting down the Facebook. Facebook is a lot to deal with, like right now, and let me go, let.
Speaker 1: Me, let me, let me explain to folks that I was talking about. So the family of the third military member, the female captain from Durham originally on Saturday afternoon when they put out the statement identified her, and the family put a statement they prior to that, they locked down her social media, and some people just going, oh, it's a conspiracy. But I don't know. I feel like, at the very least, you can't just leave it out there, especially in a high profile situation like that, because people are going to be digging in it, They're going to want to make political points, weirdos on the internet are going to find pictures of her, and god knows. So I was just pointing out to people like, maybe for the family's sanity, that's what they decided to do. Maybe they don't even want to review it. I don't know, but you were saying you could completely identify and I think the audience, if they've listened for any time, knows that your son died here last year. So what was the decision. Did you lock it down, did you post on it, what did you do?
Speaker 10: Yeah, well, their situation was completely different from mine that it was kind of there was some little bit of shady stuff going on around my son's situation, but you know, it's not like that for her. They know what happened to their daughter. So Facebook is really that's a lot to deal with when you're going through that and trying to plan a funeral and trying to grieve your loved one, and like everything comes out at once, so it's just sure, I understand the one and one last thing to deal with. I want the exact opposite direction. I took over my son's Facebook. I got to get to know, you know, the everyday little stuff that you don't pay attention to in your loved one's wife.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 10: I went digging up as much as that as I could, and digging into his friends and here he was talking to and what he was doing.
Speaker 1: So glad? Are you still glad that you did because that you know that, who knows how that goes? Right?
Speaker 10: I am. I'd found some valuable information actually for law enforcement.
Speaker 2: There so.
Speaker 10: Actually a useful tool in some cases. But honestly, if I didn't have to do that, or if I didn't feel like I had to do that, I never would have messed with his Facebook.
Speaker 1: I totally get it. And again, we're so sorry here, Janet. But that's that's why when I saw this story and people were immediately going to the consult, I'm like, I don't know, because I try not to question grieving parents to my whether it's a high profile story or not, because I just I don't know how it'd acts there, but I stand either way.
Speaker 10: So yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Janne, I appreciate you calling in on this Monday. Have a good week, Okay, all right, there you go. Yeah, I don't know, I don't know. I understand, uh, with Janni's motivation, there was just trying to fill in some pieces. I understand that. So this family just decided it looks like to go ahead and shut it off. Maybe that maybe a year down the road they'll go back through it. I don't know, but either way, I'm if that's the decision they made, then so be it. All right. So let me let me fill you in on this story real quick. Before we talked to Ray, Western governments and investors has spent much of the last week fretting about scientific breakthroughs in China. What they're talking about is that AI thing, which that's weird, man, that whole deep seek thing. Yeah, I understand why these conspiracies around that, although it also seems not really good as many processors and everything that they have, like because they didn't it's clear that it's backbone was some some tech from the US, which is not unusual concerning the intellectual property theft that China is known for and the constant hacking. But when at first, when they first talked about Deepseek and how little it costs and needed to run, and how much fast or powerful it was by their own claims, people start freaking out. Last week absolutely absolutely hit the stocks of some of those companies, and people want, all, right, did we lose to them? Well, now, there are some some satellite images of this facility which looks like a big X that's in central China, and the reports are that they have somehow using lasers basically created a fission reaction, so they're mirroring what the Sun's doing. That produces more energy than it takes to create, which is that's the goal, right, That's the goal of anything or cold fusion or fission or whatever it is. And I'm not a nuclear scientist, so bear with me. But it's like anything else, does it take more energy to produce than it produces, And once you can break that apart, it's all that's all free money, so to speak.
Speaker 2: Right, So they're making star Killer Base.
Speaker 1: They're making star Killer Base. Yes, but like you pointed out, you can't. Star Killer Base couldn't have shot on the other side of that planet, all right, because it was.
Speaker 2: The whole thing. I mean, maybe if you got like a giant mirror.
Speaker 1: Well, as I was wondering, are they gonna bankshot us or what? So if they've put if they put a satellite up that just looks like a giant disco ball, we're screwed right.
Speaker 2: Like a giant magnifying glass.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're the ants, man. I don't know. I don't know. But as I pointed out, whether it's star Killer Base or you know, either of the two actual is that a moon? No, it's not like it all didn't work out for him. But also the planet on which those things were was decimated, so they still get us even if they don't get us. So I don't know. I don't know that they know, no, but that would be a big deal if they did. All right, let me get Race Stagic in here to break the news to them. Are you ready, Race Agic? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Go.
Speaker 1: Scientists who apparently had nothing better to do, did an in depth study of the most famous groundhogs in America, and of course Pucksatani is very fair. Although I'm sick of all these stories saying that the only reason Pakistani Phil is famous is because the Bill Murray movie in ninety three. Both AP and Yahoo have said that, but anyway, they wanted to check how good they are, and Pakistani Phil is abysmal. Do you know that Pucksatani and the various versions of him going back to eighteen eighteen eighty seven is batton three point.
Speaker 8: Fifty tens of millions of dollars in Major League Baseball?
Speaker 1: I understand in Major League Baseball, but if you had, if you had somebody at the weather channels who screwed it up two thirds of the time, it wouldn't work there, right.
Speaker 8: What do you think perception is?
Speaker 2: Is that we do?
Speaker 5: Though?
Speaker 1: I do you think you have a better track? Well, you have to know the boundaries too. It's like, what does it mean for winter to end? Is there a scientific reasoning as to what that is? You can This sounds like they just got bored and needed grant money. Now. Staten Island whatever Staten Island's name is, isn't it? Yeah? You know he's bad and eight fit he's up there. Yeah, well he's number one. Yeah, I'm going with it. Yeah, So you think it'll be like one day the fans of State Island Chuck will wake up like Dallas Mavericks fans have this morning and realize they gave him away? What right do? What's going on?
Speaker 5: There?
Speaker 8: No idea that was crazy, but better.
Speaker 1: Than pucksatani And if you task you better than Chuck, what do you got?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 8: Well, it's certainly not five more days of winter. That's long gone. After that cold snap we had a few weeks back. We're back in the sunshine. A little cloud as we go through this morning, but that's starting to pull away to the east. And by this afternoon it's been upper sixties. Tomorrow lit to mid seventies and more sunshine. There might be a little rain. Wednesday will be cooler, we'll get wedged with an east breeze. We're back in the fifties Wednesday night, we'll see that rain continuing. And then Thursdays still a slight chance of rain, but partly sunny and milder. We're back to the seventies and the sixties Friday and even into the weekend as sixties and seventies. Casey gonna be another warm six to ten days. That's what the outlook is. I did look ahead, and I said, well, what could happen if I did want to be a long range prognosticator? Middle of the month, maybe starting to turn colder once again. So remember it's only early February. I'm sure we'll get cold. We one or two more times.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, thanks sir, appreciate it. We'll come back with Jeff Bellinger next.
Speaker 11: Hang on, Well, another rough Monday ahead, Casey, it's all about yeah, yes, it's all about trade and tariffs. As Wall Street prepares to start the new week and month and investors are fearful, President Trump is keeping his campaign promise to levy tariffs on trading partners he believes and giving the US a bad deal. Canada, Mexico, and China will be hit first. The President is also threatening to impose tariffs on the European Union. Economists say Americans will likely to see the prices of cars, avocados, bell peppers, and a lot of other products rise as the result of tariffs. Mister Trump says any pain to consumers will be short term. Costco and the Costco teamsters reached agreement on a tentative contract agreement over the weekend, so for now, a strike against the warehouse operator has been averted. The pact still has to be ratified. The union's prior contract with Costco expired at the end of the day on Friday. Arbucks in the union that represents workers at many of its coffee shops, maybe moving toward a contract deal. The two sides have agreed to drop their lawsuits against one another. A report from the financial modeling company First Street says the loss in real estate values resulting from climate change could top one point four trillion dollars. This because insurance costs arising faster than mortgage payments in some disaster prone markets. The report says this could eventually drive a migration away from high risk areas in the Sun Belt. In the West, it's become a lot harder to get a bank loan if your credit is less than sterling bank rates, says banks have tightened their lending standards and almost half of the Americans who applied for loans last year were turned down at least once.
Speaker 2: And Casey.
Speaker 11: MasterCard just announced this morning it has a new marketing deal with Lady Gaga.
Speaker 2: Casey.
Speaker 1: Oh, how nice for her. I didn't watch you Grammys. Watched Grammys last night. Anything we need.
Speaker 2: I did not.
Speaker 1: Oh it's too bad, got to as well. So he had a thing. All right, Thank you, Jeff, appreciate it. Okay, have a good day.
Speaker 2: Talk to mine.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep. I think Beyonce won some stuff. I think she want like country album or something too, but she won whatever the big one was, I guess album of the Year. Kanye was there, but he never made it inside. I guess they didn't even have a ticket. So what do they do? Kanye and whoever is his his girl is there who doesn't like to wear clothes very much. Really stressed that point because they showed up on the red carpet. She's got like a fur jacket thing on and then she takes it off and she's not wearing anything. She's wearing like some little sea through waste thing. But other than that, just here it is. Here's everything, and I guess police removed her. But also, and that should have dawned upon me, Kanye didn't have a ticket because he got eighty six over all that the Jewish stuff and probably some other stuff. So so they literally just went their toatrol and then I don't really know. There's a picture of a chicken like a dominatrix outfit, riding like a full size horse, size my little pony, and I don't know who that is, and I don't want to know actually who that is. But apparently they were quite pleased with the performance. And then that's it. That's what I know about the Grammys. I'm just not waiting for the Oscars. As we talked about where they're, you know, they're just like, hey, let's go ahead and give the most words to movie, any movie ever to send a political point to Trump, and I firmly think they'll do it.