Speaker 1: What's up, y'all.
Speaker 2: It's me Cecily here with Stephanie, and you know, as always, we've got stuff to talk about because we promised we would.
Speaker 1: I mean, it just it feels like almost every day there's something to talk about.
Speaker 2: Well, there definitely is almost every day, not even I wouldn't even say almost. It almost feels like there's news and it's new new news. Oh my god, wait a minute. Did that ever occur to you that that's why it's called news? Oh my goshheels so high right now?
Speaker 1: News news? It's news? What's new? What's new? What's news? The news? And they added an S to it? Why don't they just call it new like tonight?
Speaker 2: News newsies? Do you know what today is? Dada? Is election day for us? Is it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It's Tuesday? Is it the It's the four? Okay, so when this is airing? Yes, that took me a second. Now I can now. This is the first time. I just want to say this, and I'm not going to get into it, but this is the first time I've never been super early with my ballot. You know how I love to vote saying very serious, we both are. Can I still drop it off? At a drop like I can walk down to the drop box and drop it off like ye weekend right, yeah, oh yeah, I'm gonna like I might vote in person. Here's why, Here's why can I can?
Speaker 1: I can? I tell you something, even though we have a whole show planned. But then this is not this is off topic of what we're talking about. But I have been wildly vacillating between and You're good. You're gonna be freaked out by what I'm saying. I'm ready, I can do it. I might vote for Spencer Pratt. Now I'm just kidding. I have been very confused between be Sarah and Steyer. I'm here. I might vote for Tomas. I got you. It's okay. I think we're good either way.
Speaker 2: I think that they're both perfectly fine to go up against the talk show host from Britain, Hilton. Yes, defa so bizarre. I think we're safe. A lot of my friends are voting for Styre, and I have, you know, a lot of people endorsed him. I'm personally not, but I might. You know, who knows. Maybe I'll change my mind in a day. I think I think he's a better debater, and that's not nothing and I don't.
Speaker 1: I have no problem with him.
Speaker 2: I think he has a past, but everybody has a past, They've done anything in this life.
Speaker 1: Everybody's got something. He has a past, and we could be I could be getting fooled, but be Sarah is also a bureaucrat, and I like a bureaucrat, you know that I do. I like the most sterist. I like that.
Speaker 2: I like him, I trust him. I think that there's some stuff that isn't fantastic, but that's how this country's supposed to be. Like, that's the checks and balances that I believe in.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't want checks and balances on trans rights, and I believe I believe that he's hedged a little bit. And I need I need a progressive who is full on like human rights, like I need that a stire. Well, I hate humans, so I'm not.
Speaker 2: You're not a humanist's I don't like the humans. No, No, I think that they're probably on the same page when it comes to they're both liberal, they're both Democrats, you know.
Speaker 1: I don't think they're going to be like these crazy buck faces. I don't know. Neither one of them is a fuck face. But but Sarah let's just say, is not as clear on how he feels about certain issues within the bigger issue, and Tom Steyer is very clear. Well, I like that.
Speaker 2: I do like that, and I'm happy with either one. I'm going now when it comes to Mayor, We've got a whole other issue and we gotta we got to come together on this because Pratt is he is rising up.
Speaker 1: My kidding god, we cannot believe this up. We can't believe that we've lost our sweet Heather Dubrow, who was probably never that sweet, but who's supporting Spencer Pratt Like, fuck off, Heather rageous.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of people that are showing up doing it, and it's I think we're okay, but like you guys, don't be dumb if you're in California anyway. Yeah, all right, so let talk about Oh go ahead, please you lead us into promised Land.
Speaker 1: Okay, today, today we're talking about Russell Crowe. Now, this story came up first of all, Cecily loves Russell Crowe. Do you I do? Do you want to start with your Russell crow story? I mean sure, Now, if you've listened to us.
Speaker 2: For a while on bord af we definitely talked about it, like kind of the first year. We did that for six years, so really early on that was a Patreon. Then I've mentioned a few times, and I may have tried to pitch a television show about it. I mean, listen, if I'm going to make out, if I get to make out with an A list celebrity, I'm going to tell anyone who will listen.
Speaker 1: Why wouldn't I? Hey, we want to talk to you guys about by Optimizers. I have this problem where I wake up a lot at like three AM. My mind is racing. I hear this sort of chatter going on in my brain. It's horrible and I can't get back to sleep. But that has changed because I started adding magnesium breakthrough by Bioptimizers to my nightly routine. It works. I wake up calmer without that exhausted, rung out feeling that I'd started to think was just how it was going to be for the rest of my life. It's really exciting and it's magnesium. It's good for your body. So here's what you get when you go to byoptimizers dot com, slash rose pricks and use code rose Pricks. Fifteen percent off your entire order a free bottle of mass Symes by Optimizers best selling digestive enzyme added to your order automatically when you use our exclusive code. That's a twenty dollars product free on top of your discount. This is a limited time offer and wall supplies last. You cannot get this on Amazon, you can't get it in stores. This offer exists in one place, our link, our code. That's it. So if you were already thinking about trying it, this is the sign. Go to buy Optimizers dot com, slash rose Pricks, use code rose Pricks, and grab it before it's gone. Make twenty twenty sixth the year you finally start sleeping great again. I want to tell you something. We have some rose Pricks listeners that don't listen to board Af and this story was on a bord af Patreon. I believe we aired it as a best of as a regular show, but it's okay. Some people might have missed it, and I think it's worth It's worth a retail So tell us what happened. We're talking about him so years ago.
Speaker 2: I want to say it was like, oh, through whatever, I went with a group of girlfriends. My friend got like her uncle had a house on the beach in Mexico, and they're like, you guys want to go And it was incredible.
Speaker 1: It was like the kind of thing you see in the movies. This time that doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: So we go down there and I was on one of my kicks, you know how I get about like not showering.
Speaker 1: And I'm not even joking. I'm not trying to be like Liz Lemon. I'm not trying. That just is real for me.
Speaker 2: You know. I don't like to get all me. I don't really even know how to do my makeup. If you've ever seen me with makeup, I've had it professionally done and you know that, right. I don't know how to do my hair. Oh, I don't know how to do shit. Okay, So that's important to the story because we go down there and you're still with me, right, Oh okay, okay, I didn't know for my Okay. So we go down there and I'm like, all right, you guys, it's just girls. This is a no boy's sitch. Let's lay out like not using sunscreen all this stuff. And there was a dive bar just down the street. This dive bar just on a dirt road, and I was like, that's where we're going for dinner. Everybody just get ready, we're getting pictures or whatever. And then I just I was like, let's not even like shave, let's not shower, let's just go.
Speaker 1: I put on a cowboy hat, no makeup. I mean, it was ridiculous.
Speaker 2: We go and for some reason, the first person we see kind of pouching in the shadows is Russell Crowe, because he's there too. They were doing a cast and crew party for Master and Commander, the movie. He had just finished Wow for whatever reason. And I'm not trying to put myself down, but I was with a group of cute women. He took a liking to me. I think he liked the cowboy hat. He liked my swagger. I want to say, because I didn't give a shit. I really didn't, and he liked it. So he had he had a drink sent over. It was a whole thing, and I'm looking to like the gentleman. I'm like, you mean, Russell Crowe is that the gentleman? Then he spends the whole night a week out.
Speaker 1: When you get there, hold on, though, let's slow this, slow this down off tiny bit so you get there and you see him, you recognize him, are there?
Speaker 2: Like I didn't recognize him at first until he sent.
Speaker 1: The drink over. Oh, and then you look over and you're like, yeah, but you recognize.
Speaker 2: See all these sort of movie type people and I have someone I'm like, oh yeah, I mean it's definitely he's got the Australian accent burly. So we're like thank you, and then we go outside and he's kind of elnes for me or our group, but he really is. I'm not good at fighting for guys. Like if I'm with a group of women and there's women that are really more into it than me, Like, it's not that I don't want to, I'm just not good at it. So I wasn't I wouldn't have done that, but he like really stayed focused on me.
Speaker 1: Which I I'm kind of proud. I don't know why, who knows? Who knows.
Speaker 2: There was one woman that was really trying to like which I don't think my friend who invited me even talks to this woman anymore so long ago, but she was really trying to.
Speaker 1: Like Bogart the situation, and he just wasn't having it. So you start talking.
Speaker 2: Hours go by we're talking about everything in life, but where.
Speaker 1: Are you talking? Like, did you do you like the.
Speaker 2: Veranda of this bar in the back and it's beautiful, and there's people coming up from the set, you know, people that worked with him. They're like, hey, buddy, hey, trying to kind of get into a conversation, and he would include them. He was really nice to everybody. But at one point, as I told you, somebody brought marijuana. They had pot, and he's passing it around. He smoked some and then he's like, do I go, I'll take some and he goes, no, no, be careful, this is movie star Potray said that yeah.
Speaker 1: I can handle it. And then that's where things took a turn.
Speaker 2: Oh before that, we did kiss, we made out, and then I smoked the pot. It was Snoop Dogg's pot. Apparently I got out of my mind. I did not know what reality was anymore. I thought I saw like Spider Man. I sort of got like there was a guy in red and I was like spider Man, No, it's not Spider Man.
Speaker 1: And Russell's like, yeah, you smoke too much? I think then did he was?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: And he was doing all I had these weird clunky sketcher shoes with these crazy like heat platform heels and they have it. They had a tie like you could tie you tie them, and they kept coming untied because you know me, every time they'd come untied, he'd bend down and tie my shoes.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's really cute.
Speaker 2: Kind of a gentleman making sure I was taking care of really really nice. And then I'm a little actually I'm not sure if I was high yet or not, but he asked me. He was like, Okay, what would you say if somebody asked you back to their hotel and you just like kind of couldn't you'd sign something and couldn't tell anybody, Like, what would you say about that? And I go, I'd first asked who the guy was. I was very proud of that joke. He was like, I mean, well it's me, you know.
Speaker 1: Oh, And I was like okay.
Speaker 2: And then I think either it kicked in the pot or I smoked after but whatever reason, there was no fucking way like the pot may have helped me, because it was like oh no, no, no, no, oh no no, like I don't even know where I am, and so I turned Oh, my friends, by the way, sorry, we'll get to this main story. But my friends left. They kept asking me if I wanted to leave. They're like, we need to go. It's like really late.
Speaker 1: They didn't see that you were flirting with Russell fucking Crow. They weren't half of them. There were five of them.
Speaker 2: Half of them were jealous and not having it, and half of them were just like ready to go because it's probably like an hour five hours of that.
Speaker 1: I get that, So like, okay, but this is pre uber So they wrote.
Speaker 2: One of them wrote down the address of where we were staying, and they were like, here's the address here, you call a cab and then you just call it.
Speaker 1: You'll you'll And I was like, fine, go why You're like, I'm with Russell Crow. He'll make sure I get home safely. Thank you.
Speaker 2: He had been he had been a total gentleman, all right, That's what it was like. So obviously you're thinking that, You're like, and I'm thinking maybe I'll go home with him. Maybe I don't know where it's going to go. Then I got so high that I just couldn't understand what was going on. And then I was like, I need to leave. His assistant was standing there this woman and I was like, I don't know what to do, and she's.
Speaker 1: Like, I'll drive you home. Oh really, I got you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And then I had already told Russell. I was like, I don't think I should come over, and he's like, oh, I think I told you this. He kept spelling my name like, he just kept going like cee c, I l y ceec. That's how he was preferring. I mean, it was a cute little thing he was doing. And then I was like, oh, he's funny, He's super funny. He okay, here's what I think it was that I don't think I ever told you. He was like, you kind of remind me of Sarah Silverman, and she is like kind of a buddy, but also like my favorite comic. So I think, oh, somehow my jewishness was incredibly attractive to him. But he was so nice and then I said no, and he's like okay, and then he just kind of moved on with his like he was no longer trying to get me to come up. He didn't like push it at all. This would be really awful if he had. He didn't, and I realized I was like, oh, I don't want to go there. I don't feel sick. I don't like it's not that he did anything wrong, but I just need to go sleep, you know, I need to go sleep.
Speaker 1: Sleep.
Speaker 2: Now, I got go sleep, I got go sleepe. So my, honestly, my my, whatever interaction with him was really positive.
Speaker 1: I think it's so funny like to be I mean, and not not that this has to do with being a comedian, because it's not like it happened, you know, at a gig, but I feel like, I like, you know, you hear these.
Speaker 2: People that are like, oh, that's like my call pass Like I would totally upset, like Wrussell pro I mean, he's you know, but.
Speaker 1: I would probably be like you. I would be like, I don't know, I just don't love a one night st. I don't. I wouldn't feel like, no, I don't. I don't love that.
Speaker 2: With someone I don't know, even their famous famis Like if there are certain people that if you know, I Hugh Grant always comes to mind, I don't think now he's definitely kind.
Speaker 1: Of aged out of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but back then I probably would have gone home with someone. I mean, there are people, but it wasn't Russell was burlier than too. He'd thrown his hair out for the movie, and he was bigger. He wasn't big big, But I was like, I don't know how safe that would be. I'd barely like having sex with like my boyfriend.
Speaker 1: You know, yes, it would all be for the story is the is the And I thought the better story was not. At the end of the day, I was like, the better story is that I didn't go.
Speaker 2: Yes, anybody would have gone, so like, no, thanks, Well I'm shaved and wash my hair.
Speaker 1: Well, that was the other thing you told me is that you didn't know. You were like, I'd have to take off my hat.
Speaker 2: My hair was so madded down, and they were like, peace of it. It was pc. You could like see my scalp. You know.
Speaker 1: It was bad.
Speaker 2: It was really bad. So that was another consideration. That was probably one of the main concerns. Yeah, so yeah, where is the hotel? How far is it out of town? How far is it from them? There's no uber Like, I'm not really that person. Wish I was, but anyway.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Okay, So it so every time since then, since because that was a long time ago, every time every time you've heard stories about Russell Crowe, how did it make you feel like stories about him behaving batter kins.
Speaker 2: Of I weirdly felt protective, Like the one the hotel one that we were going to talk about. This brings us, This is going to bring us. We're coming to a new story news that the hotel one. I mean, I didn't think it's I don't think it's ever okay to like yell at people and throw things at them, like no. But I also a little bit of me because this happened right after literally a couple of years. So what was the story? I don't because I don't know that story. Well, what just came up was Russell Crowe. This was last year. The story happened in two thousand and five. He was really mad at a guy at the front desk of a hotel. He wanted something, he wasn't getting it, and he like threw something at the guy. So just last year, he breaks his silence on the infamous phone throwing arrest. He got arrested for it, oh in New York. Yeah, I've forgotten about that.
Speaker 1: So he's opened up.
Speaker 2: We're gonna it's gonna tell us twenty years on from the incident which saw him arrested for assault.
Speaker 1: Oh he hit this like hotel clerk, crow broke his silence. That's okay. No, it's not okay, and it's not okay. That I was like, you know, let's hear his side of the story. It's so nice to me. But he said this, He said, this is.
Speaker 2: Actually beautiful because this is this is the Russell I know. And I'm not even joking because he was funny and nice. Here's what he said to the Daily Telegraph. He said, I am a fan of regret. I see it as a great teacher. There's a lot of regrets based around that incident, but it is nothing that I don't under stand.
Speaker 1: So he's saying like it taught me.
Speaker 2: He references the dark period of his life and his band he has.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he had a band. He has a band called the Gentleman Barbers. Oh god, okay, I don't think he had that band. Then he might have had a different band.
Speaker 2: Which features a montage of footage and newspaper headlines, which kind of makes it seem like he's the victim there, but whatever. At the time, he who was in New York to promote the boxing movie Cinderellaman, which is awful. Was arrested in charge with assault by the NYPD for throwing a phone at a concierge at the Mercer Hotel, and there's footage of it. Oh he was hot back then. See I got him at the unhottest time. That was really hot for a beautiful mind. Then he got real burly and weird for where I had him. Then he got hot again.
Speaker 1: He was hot. Yeah, who's the real victim here me? Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Like, not cool.
Speaker 2: He explained that he was trying to place a long distance call to his then wife, who he was not married to by the way, when we had our little thing, but not Ossie singer Danielle Spencer, so he was frustrated that he couldn't get through.
Speaker 1: To her, which is not great.
Speaker 2: He said, Look, man, at sixty one, I can forgive my bad days, although you know he should have them forgive him not.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, I'm glad he can. Glad he's so generous with himself.
Speaker 2: Yes, he says, I'm not at all one of those people that say you shouldn't have regrets. I absolutely respect regret. Brett is one of the greatest processes. He said, the keys to embrace it, move on, grow, you get better, you get smarter, and that's how you deal with things. He said that formula may sound glib to someone who's going through a tough period, but he believes it's the only way to quote get to the other side fair enough.
Speaker 1: That sounds a little like maybe sobriety ish, Yeah maybe maybe. I mean, I know he had God damn, he was cute in this era. All right, okay, but so he's done, So he's done a new thing. Oh and I lost my I lost my article about it, call it back up. I'll just keep reminiscing about. Oh and I had the video up and ready to go too, So let me just yeah, keep reminiscing for one moment. TMZ smelled nice.
Speaker 2: The Australian accent is fun because you don't always hear that, so it was always is kind of like jarring to hear it because he usually doesn't play an Aussie.
Speaker 1: That was cute. Yeah, I go. The people I hook up with instead of him are so stupid. All right, hold on for one moment, Pause for one moment. Okay, So, as I was saying, there's a news story, new story where Russell Crow. He was outside of Paris Hotel and he was saying, everybody got their autograph and selfie. Oh no, okay, that's the update. Okay, let's listen to this. I think this is him being crazy. Love it.
Speaker 3: Okay, stay where you are, I'll come to you and everybody spike as soon as somebody is a dick and go yes.
Speaker 1: So I said, as soon as someone's a dick going, I love that. Yeah, he's signing, signing autographs.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 1: I like it. So then these guys, can you add Maximus? The guy says okay, So the guy says, can you add He's he's signing everybody's thing. And the guy goes, can you add Maximus? And he goes, no, like that, say that Maximus. That's first of all, that's the whole story.
Speaker 2: They're they're just trying to bring my man down. First of all, how hot is that Australian accent right there? He's like and there have been so many people that are famous that have done so much like Anne Hathaway isn't a tour awful, but like I would be too if people were in Imagine the anxiety we already have with people up in your face like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got to tell them, you got to tell him she does that to you.
Speaker 2: She'd be like, I cannot sign everything, thank you so much for coming goodbye. Like she's very boundary setting, which.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, this is what this is what they said about him, which I think is crazy. Russell Crowe wasn't here for the absolute chaos outside his Paris hotel, setting some clear boundaries with fans before he got to work signing their autographs, and then says, check out the clip. He puts autograph hunters firmly back in their lane after the crowd started edging way too close for comfort, barking out, stay where you are, don't fucking push in on me. All come to you. Give everyone space. He's not even saying just give me space. He's saying give everyone space.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: If that warning somehow wasn't crystal clear, he followed it up with a pretty simple policy. As soon as someone is a dick, I'm gone, we clear, okay. Then it says fair enough, yeah right, and then it says spoiler alert. This wasn't one of those celeb moments where everyone laughs and Russell suddenly starts happily signing away Nope. He still looked fully checked out, and things got dark. Word when one fan tried asking for a special sign, I got flat out rejected. Moral of the story, if you get a little out of hand during a celeb meet and greet, don't act shock when the star starts starts acting full gladiator. He was not acting full Gladiator even a little bit. I would be way worse. I'd be like, get the fuck out of my way. I would be there. I mean, honestly, there's no way I could handle that. So he's responded, and he basically all he said was everybody got their autograph and selfie. The passage through the hotel was kept free for guests, and I still got to the airport on time. I like that, And see that's my guy. Yeah, he's a big dude. He's a big man. I always had this dream that I would meet him again. There were chance, a couple of little chances that I wanted to like that. I it's like, how do you how do you bring that up in front of his publicist because he was at the lay Miss when I was at the Lame miser Ale. But I went to that premiere.
Speaker 2: Anne Hathaway, huh and I was like, this is gonna be my chance.
Speaker 1: I don't remember what year it was.
Speaker 2: I think I was dating Jeff because he was you know, that's how I got into those premieres, and I was like, this will be I'll make it right.
Speaker 1: I'll be like Russell Member.
Speaker 2: And then I just got to I and like just wandered off member and my boyfriend at the time was like, don't.
Speaker 1: Do that, please please don't. But I would have I think if i'd had the chance. But I didn't have the chance. He was surrounded all the time.
Speaker 2: But I always have this dream, like I wish you would do a movie that he'd get a Critics Choice nomination, because then I could just try to kind of find him at the show. You know.
Speaker 1: It's funny and I'm not trying to I have this problem and this is this is a whole other show, and this is kind of reminiscent of bored af but it's all combined now. But I have had this. I've had this situation happen where a guy has told somebody that they fully dated me, like several dates, and I don't have any idea who they are, so I remember, you think they're lying it I don't. There's somebody and I believe you know the person who said, oh I dated her, and I do you you give me a long time ago. Oh I don't even remember the guy. It was like somebody that you knew from like Bruce Smith's agency, like he worked there from omnipod. Yes, he worked there, he was like a junior agent or I don't know. And you told me this guy says that you guys dated, and I was like, I'm never a recollection that this was the guy named.
Speaker 2: Like was the guy named like PJ or something or was that ring? But I don't think I knew him I did.
Speaker 1: I mean, well, somebody told you that he this guy and I dated, and I was like, I am so sorry. I feel really bad, but I have no recollection of that person that name. So I imagine if I can't even remember somebody that I actually went on several dates with that he might not remember.
Speaker 2: He definely wouldn't remember someone he hit on when he was like asking me to sign an NDA for the night, and like, you know, this is probably something that happens a lot, but that would be hilarious because he was a little fucked up at the time. You know, drinking and smoking or whatever. I could just say whatever, like I had your baby, which, by the way, my dad when we when we came back from Mexico and I got service like, it's kind of odd because I didn't usually tell my dad stuff like this.
Speaker 1: We just didn't talk about like making out. I didn't.
Speaker 2: I just never discussed these kind of things with him, uh huh. Obviously, but I told him. I was like, and then I didn't go, and he's like, you should have gone. You could like we could have just shaken him down, and he was kind of joking, but sort of probably not.
Speaker 1: I guess I didn't even think of the angle of getting pregnant.
Speaker 2: I could have done that and then been set for life the angle.
Speaker 1: But I could just tell him anything, be like we dated for like a month. You don't remember. It was so fun. I'm sure in the fine print of that non disclosure was something about like if you try to trick me and get pregnant, I have nothing to do with it. Yeah, probabably really got that his bases covered. There was no world in which I could have signed and not.
Speaker 2: I couldn't didn't, even like I said, I thought Sasquatch was at the party. I had no idea what was going on, and that was not his fault. He warned me, He's like, this is really strong, pot this is insane. You cannot handle this. I'm like, dude, I'm a comic in Los Angeles? Are you creat of course I can handle it.
Speaker 1: Were there any other celebrities there? No, nobody.
Speaker 2: There was nobody there. I didn't even know who else was in the movie. I don't remember. And if they were there, I didn't I didn't take them in. I don't remember there being anyone else there. I mean, there are other people there, but no one Faymous right right, because this wasn't a premiere, this was cast and crew. Kind of actually weirdly surprising that he was there, to be honest, I don't think that's not the kind of thing that an A list really even goes to.
Speaker 1: But he did. What if it was what if it was his stand in, Oh my god, I'll never know. You'll never know.
Speaker 2: Feel like it wasn't because he had that thing where people circle around, you know, how stars are, you know, people are looking out on the eye.
Speaker 1: Would have been I don't think so, though, If they just really respect Russell's stand in. They're just like, we can't have anything happen to this guy. There's no one else that looks at us like Russell right now to like do this job. So just protect Russell's stand in. It all costs anyway, all Right, this was a whatever, our best episode for Yeah, this is You're welcome. Yeah, guys, honestly, I'm going to beg you for the next few times we do episodes because we're trying to grow and we would love it if you would give us a review, a good review, six seven stars, whatever, whatever the max it, max it out, and also subscribe to the show because it helps us and it helps us get seen by more people, and like, you know, we're doing the Lord's work here. I gotta say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I want to like look like I want to be someone Russell would be proud of, h.
Speaker 1: Not just for being Jewish. All right, guys, Okay, bye you bye,