Speaker 1: You see, something's going to happen.
Speaker 2: What What's going to happen?
Speaker 1: What a.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Occult Rejects.
Speaker 3: This episode we got a returning guest, a fan favorite and an Occult reject favorite. We got a bigger with us tonight before. But before we introduce him, let me introduce the other rejects. We got Judith the Loon back on again second time today.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, Judith, how are you?
Speaker 4: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 5: I'm excited about today's episode, the second episode today, and you could catch me at the Loon on YouTube and on x.
Speaker 2: Liwesome, Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: And I figured this might be a little bit more up your allity, kind of Golden dorn Is style stuff with Ike.
Speaker 2: You know, so hopefully it should be fun and my man, gin what is going on? So how are you?
Speaker 6: What is a boss? Mister ninety three? So thank you so much. Shout out to Ike. Obviously he is a guest tonight. But we just did an episode, so it's not it's not ready, but in a few in a couple of weeks, it will be.
Speaker 2: So episode eighty eight, lookout for that.
Speaker 7: Oh nice, Well you got ninety three, so yeah, you know, I really gets their magic number.
Speaker 2: So but first.
Speaker 6: Before that, I'm dropping two episodes with Saschke. I've I've chromoted it before it's happening. It was like an eight hour recording. It took me like several days to edit and sort of work through figure out what was going to go on with that. But that's going to be really cool. I think talking about AI and cabbala and crystals and crystals as in crystal quantum computing, not crystals as in uh, you know, collecting magic rocks, but maybe a different kind of magic rock. So if you're interested in those kinds of things, check me out thresholds Apple, Spotify, and of course my subsac threshold Saints dot substack dot com. You can follow me on ex Twitter at wucom reborn w ukog reborn. Of course you can follow us at The Gray Lodge at the True Gray Lodge dot com, of which Matt Murra is our webmaster and our our YouTube social media coordinator, so obviously like and subscribe to our YouTube channel as well.
Speaker 2: And we talk about.
Speaker 6: Pretty much metamagic medica, speculative cabala, speculative, keli chakra, and speculative nascissism and our next episode will be on February thirteenth, will as the cause of fire and exposition on Gnostic Seth Seth non set Seth. So thank you guys so much, appreciate it and really looking forward to it.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, thank you Jen. Thank you for everything you do too out there. Appreciate it. And my man Brandon, what's going on, sir.
Speaker 8: Sup Nick, Hello everyone out there, Welcome to the col Rejects. This is gonna be great. I love Mike Baker, I listening to him talk about his deep knowledge of things, and so I'm very excited about this evening. Make sure everyone goes over to Magas and the media on YouTube, where I will always tell you we are looking for the myth, the meaning, and the magic and the mundane in this strange and crazy world. Also check out my ex where there's a lot of people who need to be laid the SmackDown on them these days, as well as go over to the Instagram because this is where the discourse is happening. Let's do it.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, sir, I always appreciate you joining us. Brandon, and last for a lot at least, my man Matt Moore. What is going on, sir? How are you? Thank you for making it? It must be like ridiculously late. It's on too for you.
Speaker 9: What is It's nine pm now so it's not that Oh really yeah, the members right now.
Speaker 8: So.
Speaker 10: Very glad to be here.
Speaker 9: It's always really good to speak with all of you, and also with Pike, which.
Speaker 10: Is coming more often now.
Speaker 9: And yeah, I mean you can always find me on all my socials, like I say, at my burn nineteen that's going to be Twitter, YouTube, TikTok, Instagram YouTube, maybe some other place.
Speaker 10: And today I'm not going to promote my Camalo website, which you all know, but I'm promoting a new project being worked on which is called gam MoU So it's going to be an esoteric platform. I'm really fucking, super extra mega excited to do it. And you can actually join the waiting list in enter gamu dot com. That's g A M Enter g a M dot com. You can join the wait list there and when it's ready should be pretty quickly, at least the basics of it, you're going to get modified. So yeah, let's see liesome.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much, man, and I'm really glad that you were able to make it. And uh, finally, to the guest himself, Iike, please let everybody know what you deal is. Whatever you want to plug where they can find your work, please let them know.
Speaker 4: Thanks. I'm really happy to be back on with you guys. This is always a lot of fun. My third time on probably in like I don't know, like a month and a half.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, sorry, but no.
Speaker 4: It's awesome. I love this. The format that you have here is really unique amongst you know, while I should say successful podcasts and occultism and esotericism and magic and all that stuff, you just get a bunch of people in the room and or really in their own separate rooms and then bring them together and just let the sparks fly. So it's a lot of fun. I'm glad to be here. I am Mike Baker. I am a man of many affiliations. I run the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn Temple in North Carolina out of Asheville, a free Masonic historian. I wrote A Formless Fire in twenty twenty four, which is about the history, theory, and practice of the Western esoteric traditions from antiquity until about the nineteenth and early early twentieth century. The book we're gonna talk about tonight I wrote in twenty twenty five. I published it with Lou Ellen. It's called Etheric Magic, and uh, I'm really excited to talk about that and and everything else. Anybody wants to find out more about the podcast and the YouTube channel that I run and host ar kanam A R C A n v M, you can check it out at my website, Ike Baker dot com I K E B A K E R. I have got everything my blog, my podcast, my documentary style presentations and what have you. So check that out and I'm happy to be here.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, well, thank you very much, said, I really appreciate you coming on. And if people haven't checked out his stuff, if you're into this show because of the you know, the deep dive, well not everything's always deep dives anymore, but if you're into the in depth conversation that we have on topics, definitely go check out his channel. He goes fall beyond what we talk about, so he's got a plethora of, you know, definitely intense stuff to listen to. My opinion, So Hike, thank you very much for joining us. And yes, the book Etheric magic. First question I wanted to ask you is what I guess, what would etheric magic mean to you?
Speaker 4: Well, it's right out of the gate. It's a confusing term for most people. But so my primary goal in the beginning of the book, at the outset of the book is to define my terms. I find generally that in magic and the occult, and increasingly outside of it, we're using words. We have a common vernacular, but we're defining these things. There's different shades of meaning depending on the person and the community that they came up in. For instance, a lot of people might think I'm talking about the Enochi and ethers when I talk about etheric magic, right, But that's not what I mean to really discuss. I based it off of the really Platonic traditions word for the fifth element, which was ethira okay, and it basically, you know, it contained other elements. It was a you know, a quintessence of sorts. So I wanted to systematize that term because we don't really have a satisfactory term for that in the West, right. And we'll go into into this, you know, obviously I talked about how i'm I'm in the Western esoteric traditions. But I went to school for Chinese medicine and acupuncture, and you know, I studied meridian theory. I studied chigung privately and in school, and so I I have a lot of experience on both sides of the fence. And what I saw was that in the Eastern systems there was a much more developed and systematized body of energy work, okay, and they had discrete terms for it like chi, prana, uh so on so forth, key in, you know, in the Japanese tradition, ray key, So they had terms that right in anglophone languages, it's kind of like, you know, words are a little bit more specific. There's there's less there's less of a broader interpretation. And for instance, the word chi or let's say the pictograph for chi uh in in in in Chinese, is it actually resembles It's supposed to be the vapor rising off of a pot of rice uh and this is supposed to communicate breath vapor. But it's also, as we know, universal life force energy. It's also used to describe something's inherent nature. So you say, why does why does water flow downhill? And Daoist would say that is its chi, that is its nature. So there's all these You know, there's this wonderful way of communicating in other languages, but in anglophone languages we strive for precision, and especially in discourses like this. I wanted to facilitate that in the In the the Western tradition, we have the term energy work right, that is that's extremely vague. I wouldn't even say that it's broad. I would say that it's vague because if you go and look at the scientific definition of energy, the definition is the ability to do work, which effectively tells me what we're working about it. So I don't know, is it really energy? I can't say, because I'm not a scientist my area of expertise is in this stuff. But I will say that it's it's best characterized as a radiant luminosity, this ether, this quintessence, this chi that runs through and around the organism that we we have no choice but to talk about in terms of energy because it's the way that most people are going to be able to grasp onto this in the Western system. So ether is is my term in an attempt to systematize a definition for this universal life force energy specifically in this Western context.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: I actually fell into the whole thing of thinking it might have been a Nokia magic myself when I first heard the name of the book, and then I was.
Speaker 2: Like, I don't know, let me go check before I just assume. And I was like, ah, it's not so yeah, yeah, no, I.
Speaker 4: Mean, I'm not going to teach people how to describe the ethers I took.
Speaker 2: That's actually I was kind of surprise. I was like, I was actually surprised you would have put that out.
Speaker 4: I can't do that.
Speaker 2: I take oaths. Yeah, so good for you, man, Good go ahead.
Speaker 8: Yeah. Do you think then that see in the more of the Chigung's sense, when you speak to Chigung masters and Kungo guys, they talk about the bioelectric body, right, and so could you then superimpose a very similar for idea of ether with like it's a bioelectric field that moves through all things.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: The thing is that in terms of Chiegong and Daoist masters, that's a very very new thing to call it that, right, because we for for the millennia that they had this tradition, they didn't know about bio bioluminosity or bioelectricity. I talk about it, I try and talk about it. I would say that there's there's various shades of density of energy. Energy is all. It's all the same thing. It's just depending on its state of vibration, it has different ways of interacting with itself and other things. Right, So like it can be electricity or it can be magnetism, depending on what end of the spectrum it's on. Right, we call that electromagnetic spectrum. So, but it's it's all. It's all energy, which we really we have hard time defining outside of light vibrating at various rates, mostly very very fast. So I would say radiant luminosity is a good way to conceive of this because it's it's it's somewhere, it's slightly subtler. It's related to it's in that that band, that broad band spectrum. But it's it's different than electro magnetic field. And I'll tell you why. It's it obeys your mind. She obeyed your mind. This is how we're able to move it. Right, How I was saying, is where the mind goes, the chi flows.
Speaker 8: Yeah, move the chi.
Speaker 4: You gotta link that up. You got to link that up you. Most people don't have a firm, established working understanding and that immediate relationship to their to their radiant boss. It's kind of like teaching a like an atrophied limb, where you like, you have an I have an arm that wasn't aware I even had. Now I have to kind of get it to move and work out my motor my fine motor skills and things like this. You know, that's the case with linking up your conscious mind to the what will be latent and impressionable etheric fields.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 4: So I refer to that in the book as a lesser conjunction of Saul and Luna. So I couch the entire thing. I couch the entire thing in the the the allegories, formulas and terms of alchemy, because ultimately Chi Gung Tichi, all of this stuff comes out of Nadan, which is Daoist internal alchemy, and they have a very very interesting and similar system to us. But they they're they're textual tradition. Is it's difficult for Westerners, but it's there's more. There's more there that can be readily understood I think by people native to the culture who are involved in that whereas like alchemy is a total Western alchemy is a totally different thing in terms of the textual tradition. I had a conversation with the alchemist Phoenix Aurelius, and we were talking about the Western alchemical textual tradition, and I think we referred to it as like a fever dream forest. You know, it's like it's just all these strange allegories and images and and everybody thinks that they have the answer, you know, this is what this key means. That really it's it's all dependent on where and when this this stuff was written. Whereas there's a little bit more systematization because there's an there's a protected tradition in the East of internal alchemy that manifests things like chigong and taichi and even and especially a lot of people don't realize is it's like the other side of the coin of martial arts. Like you, martial arts and and and and chigong are linked inextricably, you know in the East.
Speaker 8: Yeah, no, that's fascinating. When I found out a long time ago that, like U, there's thirteen main postures in taichi. I don't remember if I was telling you this, but The idea is that it links up the the eight Trigrams of Baguah with the five elements of Chinese medicine. So you get this beautiful mixing of the Taoists with the Buddhists, and then you get it in this one grand ultimate system, which is what Taichi means. It's amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah. The the the reliance on the simple system of the Bagua the eight Trigrams is so sophisticated and elegant. It's also ancient that it's there's no way I tried my best, but there's no way I could I could match that in terms of what I described in the book in Ethoreic Magic. Luckily, I am releasing another book this year within an tradition called Esoteric Mythology, where I do take people through the Bagua the Trigrams and talk about Dais cosmology. So you know, I like to look at I like to think of my body of work as all related. You know, if you if you get it doesn't matter if they're on slightly different topics, they all they fill each other in. They kind of you know, complete the profile.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Nice, I will say for everyone out there listening, Bena Bell, when I Believe is her name. She has put out fantastic work in the eaching and the Daoist Yeah.
Speaker 6: Second, I'll second that. Brandon gend Well, I'm very familiar with Daois. I'm just like we Nick and I interviewed a Daoist priest from Cambodia, Chinese Cambodian. But like, yeah, I grew I grew up around DAOs on my whole life, like I've I mean, I lived in Hong Kong, I've been around it. It's not like something totally bargn to me, like what I say, I'm a Taoist or no that much textually no, but.
Speaker 2: Am I comfortable culturally with it? Yes?
Speaker 6: And so like Benabel, it's very similar to Kabala. Actually, you're supposed to translate your own version of eaching when you turn forty, and so she did that from like Mandarin into English. And she also did that from you have to come up excuse me, you have to come up with your own definitions basically, but they have to refer to the class culture tradition. So it's a scholarly endeavor.
Speaker 2: And she did that.
Speaker 6: So that's a very impressive just undertaking as a sort of like a Taoist magician or a Dauscher or whatever you want to call it.
Speaker 2: Though for sure.
Speaker 6: It's very impressive and I and I think she would be a great guest, and I've reached out her. Yeah, so shout out to Bennabella if she wants to come on, Come on.
Speaker 4: Annabel Is bene Bell was formative for a lot of the stuff that I did. She was the first and I talk about her a lot on my shows, and the forward right for you, I have to know she did the forward. But Benebel was the first person to read Etheric Magic because I had been talking back and forth. We had been other than my editor, but I had been I had been going back and forth with Bennabel for months about uh, this kind of stuff. She didn't really know, she didn't see the full picture until I sent her the the the proof, the unedited, the uncorrected proof for for her to offer a blurb. And the response I got from her made me well up with tears. She said, you know, it's uh, she said it was. She thought it was unbelievable and and she she she did give a very good blurb. So but the thing, the key thing, and I mentioned her work, I cite her work. I talk about her in the book. Is that for me, there is no scholar at the crossroads of esoteric philosophy and practice in any tradition that is doing it the way she is. So yeah, she somebody of the highest caliber. I hope you guys get her on the show and if she's here, tell her.
Speaker 3: I said, hello, nice, nice, Yeah, Oh I saw how day pop up when I was looking at your book and stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 3: One thing I did want to ask, I guess like I had, I've had a guy on Cole Lee on Southgate and he was like somebody who I think reduplicated Wilhelm Reich's experiment with oregon, and sometimes he would kind of like go kind of consider that like almost like ether, and like so like do you think that's he will look at it that it's like kind of like everything around this and it's everywhere.
Speaker 8: Is that?
Speaker 4: Here's the thing is this. It was first discovered in the West in a major way at a time where like science was burgeoning, right, So really the first person to really do it and it exploded was Franz Anton Mesmer. Okay, he was the first one.
Speaker 2: He wrote.
Speaker 4: He has a memoir that he wrote very thin, very readable. It's called the disc on the Discovery of Animal Magnetism. He was calling it electromagnetism, but really he called it was more so magnetic than it was electric.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 4: And he would he was a physician, and what he would do is he would do these things called like magnetic or mesmeric passes. He essentially render them in a state of what he called somnambulism. Okay, this is very It's the word that you see constantly in the work of you know, Crowley era stuff. The Theosophical Society used that word, the somnambulistic state. He he effectively coined this word and write, somnambulism means you're asleep but walking around like you're able to move, but you're asleep. So Franz Anton Mesmer discovered hypnotism. In the West, it used to be called mesmerism. Now we don't call it that anymore, but it's still there's vestiges of it in our vernacular. When you say, oh, he was mesmerized by that, I was mesmerized by this, just like transfixed.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: So initially that science that that technique was called mesmerism. To put somebody in a trance using magnetic passes.
Speaker 8: It really really.
Speaker 4: Developed with people like Alankar dec Ellie fuss Levy was huge on it. He considered what Mesmer found to be what he called the azolt, the magical agent. He said, this is what makes magic work right. And elifas lev he's not he wasn't a guy that really he It's very typical of the French style, even to the to the modern day, or at least into the twentieth century. It's like this strange wordplay. I don't know if it's something to do with their language, but they conceal more than they reveal. And it's so you're sitting there the whole time and there's this kind of like tension that builds up. Right, it's just feel like too much foreplay, you know. But there's this one particular tract, this very thin treatise that I found in New York City on Fourteenth Street in a bookshop called Namasta Books by Union Square. This was years ago, still there, bookstore is still there. Little track translated by Arthur Edward Waite. It's called the Science of Hermes And in this I don't know, thirty forty page little booklet, eliphas Levy is explicit for the very first time. He's hyped up this whole thing with at the magical agent and the the twin serpents of the astrolite. He's speaking about it symbolically and be careful. It can devour you, it can lead you to your death. But it's the operative agent of magic. So in this treatise he defines it and he says, as off, the great magical agent is nothing less than magnetized electricity. So this is, uh, this is what at this time period, this is what they were grafting things. They were they were trying to make it fit with the scientific vernacular. Now, I studied, you know, chief theory in in in college, and even still they're trying to figure it out. They don't know that it's uh, electromagnetic, they don't know that it's bio, that it's related to bioluminosity. There are if you read uh, I forget the name of the book. I have it right here on my shelf, but I don't want to get up and be rude.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 2: There's a book.
Speaker 4: That I'll get in a minute, and it talks about how research was done to show how the she meridians run along fashion lines in the body. They run almost exactly with the lines of fascia, the connective tissue throughout the body. So so we're still trying to figure it out. But for for for a magician's purposes, it's it's it's not that it's it's unimportant to know. It's not enough to know. It's not enough to know what this is. You have to work with it. You have to work and don't be so convinced that you must put it in this little box, because at the end of the day, who gives a shit? If it works, use it, use it. You will develop a much more intimate relationship with this if you use it rather than try and explain it scientifically. But I get it, you know, in the modern West, that's the way our brains are hardwired. We've got all this programming telling us we have to find a scientific way to describe this and something rooted in materialism so that I can feel good about it and I don't have to sound crazy. Meantime, you're pranting around in robes. You know, at this point, who gives a shit?
Speaker 3: Well, even the guy who comes on my show that I've I don't know a few times about this stuff. I still think he's even like lost to a sense of like what the fuck he's even playing with. But like what I was getting at is like, do you think this is something like it's some sort of like I guess obviously with the book, I'm looking at it as like some sort of energy that's like within everything, maybe around this and we can actually tap into it and manipulate in a movie, or you don't move it to our will.
Speaker 4: Maybe, Yeah, And I talk about it in terms of right, and I said that I don't like to talk in scientific verbiage, but I'm gonna utilize this here because I talk about it in the book. So the idea of the luminiferous ether that uh Tesla Nicola Tesla positive really made popular, he said. And this is very Rosy Krushian actually, because the Rossi, one of the main Rosi Crucian maxims is nic wa kwam vakum, right, that's out of the Fama fraternity. Tant is nowhere avoid, There is nowhere avoid. And so this idea that light travels these empty expanses was unt pennible. The light from the Sun passing through the vacuum of space that's an untenable idea in that framework. So what he really conceived of and there's there's there's problems. There's still problems, and they don't teach you this, but there's still issues like how light is able to refract through like a glass, you know, not ali like a prism, like a water glass. That there's all sorts of problems with the way that we conceive of of the of light and it's it's traveling. But the thing is it's couched in such esoteric scientific language. It sounds very attractive, and meantime, nobody knows what the hell it really means unless you've gone through that that priesthood training of you know, become the new priesthood of you know, this academic sort of uh scientifistic uh training. But they the luminiferous ether basically says that there is no void, there is no vacuum, that there is this this field. It's a field that is almost an empty fullness, and it contains everything inside of that field. And when things travel or appear to travel, what's really happening is that this field, which is latent until it has acted upon, is stimulated to produce a form of light. You know, which can be color, which can be you know, just plain light. So it's all about stimulation of the ether. And this is effectively, Yeah, this is how we understand the personal etheric field to work. That's how magicians do it. They tap into it with the mind and they pull forth from it, They extract forth from it what it is they need, whatever their purposes are. Now we have a sophisticated languaging around this which seems kind of goofy, but earth, air, fire, water, the seven classical planets, and the twelve signs of the zodiac, all of those things right there right if you're going based off of the Seffroyette era, they embody, they embody all of the creative potencies of the cosmos. So it's it's it seems like simplistic, but really what we're doing is we have our own sort of you know, ideograms, these these images that are associated with the whole continuity of ideas that we use in order to induce these things in our own personal etheric field that we call the sphere of sensation. So yes, I would say completely, it is this thing that is everywhere. It's as you know, I love to quote Yoda buddy. He basically it's the same thing as the force. It truly, truly is you know. And it's just so interesting to me that the path of the Jedi was to learn how to use this force.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 4: It's very very interesting.
Speaker 8: Yeah, no, it's fascinating. Yeah, and people should know that. Somebody put it in the chat, so they're really smart. Body Electric by Robert Becker is is amazing for breaking all that ideas down. It's just yeah, exactly, it's fascinating. So going from the living organism into it and at the very end proving how you can regenerate limbs by understanding your that a boy understanding. Uh not, Oh, that's a good book.
Speaker 4: So that I just just not to interrupt you, but this is this was the book I was talking about. It's called The Spark in the Machine. Yeah, so, uh, doctor Daniel keone, this is the book that I was talking about with some of that. Uh. The subtitle is how the Science of Acupuncture Explains the Mysteries of Western Medicine. This is an invaluable book. I recommend it.
Speaker 2: Nice. Yeah, you know, it's interesting to think about it.
Speaker 3: Me and Judith had a mutual friend that was into acupunctutuity was in the oto with us.
Speaker 8: I mean, I think it's most important is do kung fu and do magic, right, I mean it's like why not be a warrior magician in this world? And I think it's It's something I'm continually talking about with people, is it's like, why why not make your body into exactly what you want it to be? Because it's a body mind siyssogy, so you know, understand the body, understand the mind.
Speaker 4: Right, absolutely, absolutely, I mean that's the whole thing is, Like you, there's things that happen to you and Brandon, I think you and I talked about it when I was on your podcast, but there are things that happened to your to you somadically when you begin to train in a system of martial arts that people would not assume, right. People think that you're going to get really kind of clunky and kind of just very like you know, jerky and your movements, and there is that in a certain type of kung fu and a certain type of martial arts. But really what's going on is like you're you're actually becoming gentler, Like you're learning how to move like a like a swan. You know, like like a cat. You know, you really are You're you're using your body in a way that's very much like dance, and it's it's it doesn't wait for you to be on the dance floor like you're just you're living your life like that. So that elegance and that flow contributes to the beauty and the harmony of the soul as well, which inhabits the body for a time.
Speaker 8: Yeah. Yeah, And thus in the idea of kung fu, right, it doesn't mean martial art, right, it means mastery through time, which is a common misconception.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the that's the interesting thing, right in like chin Chinese culture, they call it wushu. They don't call it kung fu. They can call anything that you've done and acquired incredible skill. It could be like I could be like sharpening pencils. That's if you've mastered it, that's gung fu. You know, mastery really is gung fu, but we use it as a generic term. They call it wushu martial arts.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and interesting enough, even good kung fu has gone underground, and so there's a wushu has now become taken over or buy the CCP and the operatic theatrics, and so it's really fascinating. I trust me.
Speaker 6: That's as someone you can as the wushu person growing up.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, you know it is.
Speaker 2: It's sports.
Speaker 6: Wushu is sports performance means like so sancho that is, that's for physical contact, like that's what the army trains in. But wushu is just for the is to preserve classical forms.
Speaker 8: Well, there's a conspiracy out.
Speaker 2: Because just.
Speaker 6: As someone from the diaspora, Brandon, I'll just tell you that people from Hong Kong, Indonesia, Singapore, Taiwan, we all do wusho too as kids like my dad's. Yeah, I'm just I'm just saying it's not just like a CCP conspiracy that like someone might participate in their like cultural form, right.
Speaker 4: I just want to say that because that would be that would be kind of cool if if we start talking about CCP conspiracy. Interesting left turn.
Speaker 9: But I don't.
Speaker 8: Speaking strictly out of my caboos.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 8: There's a few teasers I have over in San Francisco, Chucci Link being one of them is Master Hungar from that family, and it's a there's an interesting differentiation and I only connected due to the idea of kung fu having to go underground because in many times in its history because of its ability to topple governments.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Boxer rebellion really but but but that's that's that's you know, that's really that is really interesting, this idea of of of kung fu having to go underground, because if you remember, right, and like I think I want to say and and Jin can correct me, because I'm again I'm a little out outside of my wheelhouse and what I'm about to say, but uh, I think in the nineteenth and eighteenth centuries, or maybe it's the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries, martial arts became really to my understanding, you became associated with secret societies.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yeah, that's absolutely.
Speaker 6: I mean it's it's been associated with the Triad since the beginning of the Triad, and like it predates the Boxer Rebellion because it actually relates to the Hawk what's called the Hakka Punti Wars, and we won't get into this, it's a series of ethnic conflicts in southern China. But like Bagua was developed it as a court martial arts system, like in the during the Qing dynasty, which is like the last Manshu dynasty. Everybody's seen like the last Emperor of China. So bagua was developed as like a bodyguard system of self defense. So there's like a The thing is is like Chinese martial arts is very varied, and so after the Cultural Revolution they actually systematized it. So then there's sport fighting which is called wusha as we said wushu, and then there's full contact sport fighting which is called san show, which includes.
Speaker 2: All the martial arts.
Speaker 6: But they just they brought in like different people like from se Lot, like a Screama from phil the Philippines, Crave McGraw from like Israel because like China has a defense agreement with Israeli. But like they brought in all these people and they kind of systematized it with the Chinese masters basically, and they said, what is going to be the best full contact full contact thing. So you can see a lot of post two thousand and one Hong Kong films, like if you watch like I'm forgetting his name now, I think his name is Jingly or yeah, Jingle, I think Woijing Wuijing. I'm sorry, I couldn't remember, but his his films are all sanchow fighting, So you're you're right, ike, is that they're all interconnected, like it's all like part of the PPA, like the People's Liberation Army, the PLA or the triad. So you do see like a conflict, but in general most people just differentiate, Like wushi is just like systematized. It's for it's for competition, sport fighting, and then sound shows like what the army does, and then all the other martial arts.
Speaker 2: That's more of a diaspora thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like is saying, and it's what's the way that I kind of incorporate that into the book? Is actually right? There are postures because that's just part of magic, it's part of tigong, it's part of any kind of energy work. But but the thing is I emphasize not certainly, not to the exclusion of the magical. I mean there's a I would say half the book is like exercises practices specifically towards magic. But but I bring something into the discussion that I don't see really covered in any depth very often, and that is health because you can use this stuff to heal yourself, others, et cetera, so on and so forth. And I have training and I feel like everybody does now. But I got a pretty early training in ray key under Joanna Crespo at the Open Center in New York City, probably over ten years ago now, and she's fantastic.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 4: And then yeah, that's that was right before I started school for acupuncture and studying privately for chigong and martial arts. But that whole thing was about it's the way that it's distilled now because this the Meridian theory, Dallist philosophy, Bagua, martial arts, it's all part of this holistic philosophy. But because and Bettebel talks about this a lot, there's there are traditions of indigenous magic, which is I mean unbelievable, unbelievable forms of magic. But the way that we really inherit this stuff in the West is for health purposes.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: You go to school for acupuncture and you just so happen to learn qigong. Chigong is also what they call, you know, the fountain of life in terms or the fountain of youth in terms of you know, these these esoteric entergy work. So there's there's a strong emphasis in this in health of the body, health of the mind, health of the emotions, health of the soul and spirit, and certainly the energetic body is not always healthy.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: I mean, I teach people in this book and so far, I mean I've had an outstanding track record because I've I've been all over the country. I've been to London, I've been to California. I've been doing workshops out of this book and teaching people, and it's I've done it in Egypt. It's amazing to see someone's reaction the first time that they see their energetic body, you know, the the the you know, like, oh my god, it's real, sot sort of thing and look around like, uh, can you see that? So but but you can see this stuff, and I do. There there is a it's it's not imaginable there, there is an actual component of lights to this, a radiant luminosity, and so you know, having worked on this for for over a decade now, it's it's you know, I'm able to see it pretty pretty immediately. You always see pictures of people's auras, right, and how it's like avoid egg shaped. I've probably seen two people in my entire life that have a completely like fully developed, bounded symmetrical aura. It's normally like it's patchy, it's splotchy, there are holes.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 4: And and so that is a big part of chigung and in the and this is the last piece I'll end on. In the Western tradition, particularly the Hellenistic tradition, the tradition of of of Greco, Roman Egypt, and that whole swathe. Their entire brand of theorgy, right, which is magic applied to the development of the soul. Their entire project was to perfect the luminous body, make it spherical, make it whole, make it strong. So we do have a tradition of this in the in the West, it's just that you know, again, our textual basis is, i would say, specifically regarding the luminous body as fairly sparse and fragmentary. And there hasn't been a consistent tradition to key right. That's that's the whole interesting thing about Woosho is that it's built to to to transmit and preserve forms like we don't.
Speaker 2: We don't have that, you know.
Speaker 4: The golden tawn is the closest thing we have to It doesn't go all the way back, you know, it goes back to eighteen eighty eight.
Speaker 1: Uh so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so, so that health component applies across the spectrum, and the book has has plenty of that as regards the the you know, the the etheric field and the personal etheric body of the practitioner.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I then have a question, what do you have you heard Damian Knuckles talk about because I listened to a lot of his podcasts for a while, But he spoke about how the oor around the body when what we're trying to do when perfected, obviously a tough word is it's the concentric circles of the great chain of being. That image from way back in the day, back in the ancient texts, you know, which when I'm talking about I can't. But anyway, what do you think about that? For what he was saying about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean Damien's on point, man, because he lives it too. I talked Damien regularly. He actually was he he was one of the first people to really give my book props and and kind of talk about it for his audience and stuff, and so we were going back and forth on that for a little while. And Jamien, you know, he really knows his stuff because he's somebody I think we're very akin in in one very specific way is that like whatever we do, we're going to do it to death, and like it's all about immersion and it's all about living it. I do not want to come on here and talk and say all these fancy words if I can't actually do this shit. And very much so he's like that, so he definitely knows what he's talking about. Now. Currently, I'm working on a system. I'm working on a on a follow up, a sequel to Etheric Magic. It's called the title is tentatively called the Luminous Body, and it's going to get into the more advanced and esoteric practices. Etheric Magic was an introduction to get people working, and you have every tool in that book to develop your skill to the point where you'd be ready for this this this second installment. But I'm I'm working on a system that utilizes those concentric spheres instead of say something like the catalistic tree of life, which that's what I had to use for the first book, because that's what a lot of Western magicians. Now, I use the verbiage of alchemy and the and the tree of life, and we can, you know, if we have time, we can get into that tonight too, and give people a little bit of an overview of the the nuts and bolts.
Speaker 2: Nice. Nice. One thing I did want to ask that I noticed one thing I may oh, go ahead, go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 10: I'm gonna say one thing I want to add here.
Speaker 9: Like a lot of points make good points, but one thing maybe nic to see as well as Again, we are always talking about the body itself, right, like all the magic, all everything is like from the inside, not necessarily the physical body, it can be as well, but the actual body. And it's interesting to see. For example, when you go into uh you were talking about Kardak from Mesmer, like Kardak and so on. In spiritism, they're going to talk about ectoplasm. So again this idea that you kind of have this energy that the people from the outside, you know, the spirits or whatever, they need this ectoplasm to do stuff here, to like do the pultry guys stuff or two even like interact and to kind of keep your ravagants. One then you go into the Alaska traditions, and well, first of all, it's funny you were talking about star wars. They call it the strength. In Aluaska they call the state that you get the strength like in Portees Forsa. So again that's very funny already. But they also say because it kind of relates, at least nowadays with a bit of like umbanda and this kind of things. They always talk about like opening paths. So opening paths, opening paths. And I was in a session like a ritual these these past days, and I had this in my mind that where we're talking about paths, like literal paths in the body, like we're literally talking about the endctrine system in the body. That's what's being opened. It's not some mystical you know, some some doors like that's literally it, or like the neuropaths in the brain, and so and so again. So I was talking about this energy of the of the body. And you can feel with the when you are in the in the state, let's say, of the ententogen you can literally you can feel it's kind of like a kickstart, right. You can obviously do it with all the practices like what probably there's all over like book, but with the thing, you just have like a kickstart and you are able to see it, to feel it to whatever, and it's just as amazing as as it can get you know, the understanding this and understanding that. Again it's all already within inside, and then you the more you get coherence into what you are imagining, feeling, thinking and doing, then the emotions. The more things realize, the more things work. And it's getting like faster and faster. The only two guys to like that as well. But I've been hearing with like fears and just like fearing out by paying intention to my own stuff. It's getting faster and fast. Like you imagine something, you think about it, you have the feeling boom, it happens like it's next day, things turning hoadays what maybe it used to take a couple of weeks months, and it's again you've got to take control of the thing.
Speaker 10: You gotta understand what you're doing, otherwise you may go everywhere.
Speaker 4: So yeah, and it's the So the way that I like to talk about it is in terms of like that the double sided coin sort of thing, where the physical opening of the pathways let's say like something like the limbic system or you know, the all of the endercurrent system. There's certainly that happening, I would say, also, though it's there's no there is no physical cause without a spiritual effect, a metaphysical effect, and vice versa. So when you are entering these spaces, I it certainly is with within. Do I think that it is within the physical organ of the brain. Absolutely not. I think it is within the personal meso cosm or microcosm. A meso cosm is I am the I am the mediator between Heaven and Earth. I am the middle cosmos. You know, this is this is big in in in that there are there are you know, chiegung movements of uniting Heaven and Earth, and there's a lot of that talk of of of you know, the station of the human being is the bridge between those worlds. And and that is our interface, is our nervous system, is our indecrine system. Is it's everything we have. It's the physical body, it's the emotions, it's the energetic body. It's so as you're saying, you talk about it in terms of coherence, that's really what's happening, is that everything is kicking in and working in in in synchrony. Whereas you in our modern world, that's it's a very challenging thing to have happened without you putting immense amounts of effort into it, but so many things that are that are taking you, you know, your attention, your focus, your connection to your body, and trying to rip all those things apart, separate them, sever them. And this is this is a movement towards the center. It's almost you can think of it like a planet that has exploded. Okay, now you your job, as the exploded planet is somehow to generate that central force of gravity that pulls all the pieces back together and heals what was formerly whole and is now you know, diffuse and and and and disparate. So but I think that that's a really good point, Matt, because I get the question, well, what is it doing the met Well, for for me, it's you know, somebody will come to me that does like goetic magic or some kind of you know, let's say magic of the PGM solomonic to say, well, no, the spirits, I don't consecrate a talis, then the spirit's consecrated for me. And so then it's like, yeah, well, okay, so you're working on an exogynous level, which is fine because that's how you're interacting with the phenomena around you. But that doesn't mean that that you know, the energy that you're working with is not the operative mechanism, because at the end of the day, think of this, when a spirit comes, right, spirit comes and to consecrate your talisman or to make a pact with you or something, does it open up the door and walk in and sit itself down and shake your hand the way I would if I or if you you came into my library and I sat you know, No, that's not how that happens. How it happens is by various methods. You can see the mind of the eye can project something into the room. You could use fluid condensers, mirrors, incense, smoke, there can be all sorts of tells and things like that. But at the end of the day, you are using what the great you know, teacher, and and I would I would call this guy a you know, an ultimate magician. David Rankin he uses the term gateway image. You're creating a gateway image that that that so that you can interact with what is in a disembodied intelligence, which is another way of saying energy. Right, if nothing were left of me but my consciousness, that's still a form of energy that can't be destroyed, can only be transformed. So so this is this where we are working with intelligent energies. We are working with there is an exogynous and an endogenous component to it. The key is you have to be that mediator you have. That's the whole point this shit is to get you to train to be the mediator. And you know, do you have to buy theory magic in order to do that?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: Do you have to get initiated by the Golden Dawn to do that?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 4: But there I would say that you need some kind of system. You know, you need somebody to teach you a system. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Nice. And what's fascinating is when you say that, I know, Heideger hostoral. These phenomenologists probably would have never thought that this conversation would be happening. But it's one of those things where it's like, that is the phenomenological experience instead of the cartesian, mechanistic, functionalistic postmodern nonsense which we've fallen into. And so the consciousness and tending it upon itself, which is fascinating in and of itself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm one of the things that I had to do. I gave this talk to know at Watkins in London. So obviously there's gonna be a lot of magicians there, people that are flu into this stuff. But I also gave it a like philosophical research society, which is it's not you know, that's it's you don't know who you're gonna get in in in that, but it's that's not just a disparaging remark, but there's not a lot of magicians out in that neck of the woods that are that aren't you know, associated with other things like music and modern like you're saying, Cartesian rooted philosophy. So then how do you explain magic to them? And so, you know, there's obviously right Crowley's definition, which is a classic which he derived from some of the early founders of the Golden Dawn Dionfortune took it and you know, causing change to occur in conformity with the will. Yes, absolutely, but that's anything. And Crowley addresses that, you know, he says, like everything is ultimately an act of magic. Yes, but is that what we're really talking about when we're talking about magic.
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Uh So I.
Speaker 4: Found a way to define it that I'm going to just throw out there to you guys, and you could, you know, toss it in the trash or throw it.
Speaker 8: Back at me.
Speaker 4: But for the purposes of explaining to these audiences what I meant by magic, As I I said, it's where the phenomenology of consciousness and metaphysical causality intersect. It's where your your mind, your consciousness, and metaphysical causality, you are causing things to happen. Not because I went to the fountain and poured myself a drink of water. That's that's not how magic works. There is no This is why it's called a cultum. Occultum vertutais is the Latin that a grip of used occultum related to oculus in the eye, occultum hidden from the site, qualities that are hidden from the site. Because this causality is nonlinear, it's metaphysical, it's not physical. You can't see why it happens. You will definitely see the delivery mechanism. But the fact that I did a Venusian ritual and then got a date later that day, you know, it's you know, it's like, come on, come on, some of these things defy statistical probability, you know.
Speaker 6: So I actually have a legit question for Ike. But first let me give him a little shit because when David Rankin came on. I asked him the exact same question I asked you, like the first time you came on about how to reconcile the outer three planets with Rahukatu as well as on the Kabalistic tree for Ketter, Hookema and DApp And he was actually very not only comfortable with my attributions, he was he actually used them. So I just want to say that, I just want to say that it wasn't just me coming up with that, but anyways, Okay, no, I mean no respect.
Speaker 4: I hope you didn't think I was giving you shit for it.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I can't help don't work in that milieu.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent, understand.
Speaker 6: I just wanted to say that since you brought up David, I also respect him very greatly, and I think he is a master magician.
Speaker 2: And I just I just I gave him the same thing. I didn't. I didn't hold back. I just want to say that, so well, David, did I respect you as much? I respect you as much.
Speaker 4: I just say David is a man who is first of all, brilliant, and he's also I would consider David an extremely well educated and cultured man.
Speaker 6: So you know, I am not those things, but I do want to ask you about something I really don't know anything about, which is the Egyptian sort of soul complexes. I know you have a whole section in the book about kW soul. I don't know anything like zero percent, So anything you say will be completely new to me. I'm sure new for a lot of people listening as well. So if you just want to like give like a brief overview of what sort of the conceptualizations of those things are and maybe even for like my monkey brain level, if you could. But I'll take a little I'll take intermediate as well. But I mean, I'm I'm just saying that I don't know anything about it. I can sew anything you say will be sort of first time and also in lightning cool.
Speaker 4: Then I can bullshit you now I'm kim joking.
Speaker 5: Uh I.
Speaker 4: So there were there were at least at least nine parts of the self. Not all of them were the soul, but nine parts of the totality, the holistic totality, the organism, at least at a minimum in the ancient Egyptian system. We get this from various texts and the way that they describe, uh, the really the funerary texts and the way that they described the dissolution of of the whole, the the the body, the shadow, even your shadow leaves like in Peter Pan. So it's it's it's quite interesting. So the parts that are most relevant two the discussion of etheric magic, because I list the nine and I give their definitions in the book. The ones that are the most relevant for etheric magic, I would say are the Ba and the Ka, and these are respectively, the soul, right, the soul is the Ba and the Ka is the double. It's it's the uh what they were conceiving of as as kind of a wraith, a ghost of specifically Pharaoh. He was the only one who was thought to in the in the early kingdom, you know the they, uh, they didn't think it wasn't until you get the Coffin texts, which I think is the second intermediate period that there's this democratization of like, okay, everyone gets to live in eternity.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 4: It's they thought it was just the Pharaoh for thousands of years, so the whole whole project was okay, when Pharaoh's body dies, and that's effectively the anchor point that's holding all this shit together. When that dissolves, everything's going to get released. How do we guide that stuff? What do we do with that stuff to help him reach eternity? And the ba was conceived of as a bird, a hawk or a falcon really, with the head of whoever had died, the facial features the head of whoever had died, and it could you know, soar aloft, which is a way of saying that. First of all, you know, it's the same thing in terms of like astral travel, the soul can leave and come back to the body, so on and so forth. But it's a way of talking about that. What I would say the inherent nature of levity in the soul, the soul being able to rise after death, whereas the energetic body not necessarily it needs to be. There are requirements to keep that thing going. Now for people that have you know, sometimes I'll get shipped, and rightfully so, people will say, well, the term soul is not well defined. I'm going to define the term soul for you. According to the Hellenistic tradition, the Greco Roman Egyptian tradition, the ancients of the world would have meant the totality of your interior experience is your soul. Your thoughts, your emotions, your ideas, your fears, your subtle image, your personal available imagery, your memories, all of that is a part of your soul, which is why in Greek the word for soul is seek right, and that's the root of the word psychology. But they believed that all that continued on after the body died. That was virtually the only difference between our modern psychology and the soul in a lot of ways. So really the ca was how I introduced this idea. This has to do with what Matt was saying, kind of like about ectoplasm. So the whole premise of etheric magic is not so much. Oh, I wanted to do an energy system. I wanted to make somebody. We already have it, but most magicians don't know that we're using it. You know, when you do something in the Golden Dawn or and I'm sure it's similar in the AA and OTO versions, you do the projection signs, you know you're you're moving energy towards something. There's a reason why when you consecrate a talisman, whether that be a ring or something you place your hand over it. Okay, it's you're why you're projecting something outside of you, outside of your body, you are able to that's once you've linked that up and you learn how to intelligently use it, you can extract it the way Matt was talking about, how these spirits need to borrow the ectoplasm, to borrow the ether from other people in order to manifest. This is a huge part of like the theory of seances, which were the table turning events that were, like, you know, everybody was freaking out about trying to explain with kilner screens and all sorts of wacky shit.
Speaker 1: But.
Speaker 4: This is effectively what we do in magic when we consecrate, you know. And the word spirit speedyoose in Latin, it means the same thing as benevma or numa in Greek, or prana or chi or rua, and it means that that same thing. So again there's that spirit versus energy connection. Now, there's a scholar that I referenced in the book and she did some research, and I have the citation in there for anybody that wants to take a look at it. I'm not going to tell you the name because I want you to buy the book, go check it out. She has a bit of research talking about how this term Heca, the Egyptian word for magic, the Egyptian god of magic, Heckca, is related to the term ka, this energy, this this sort of wraithy double and how the the the word heca can be translated as using the ka, so using the car. Right when we talk about how alphas, Levy was talking about how the asualt is the magical agent, it's what accomplishes the magic. We talk about talismanic consecration. You're sending the energy. Uh, this kind of stuff. Well, uh, there there's some evidence, scholarly evidence to support that this was also uh in a different way. I wouldn't say rudimentary, but I would say in a different way of conceiving of it than than we might but very similar in the ancient Egyptian and Hellenistic period as well. This this idea of Hekka using the ka, using that that that uh, the what we understand now as the energetic body, that that remains when the soul leaves. Now, what do they do with the comp They put it in a statue and they fed it. What did I say before? When you can see this stuff. It's not imaginary. There is a very subtle physical component. We can't fully define it, but there is a physicality to it. So, particularly in the work at John Michael Greer. It's a funny title, and John's a lovely man, but the book Monsters is infucking dispensable to anybody that wants to learn about this stuff. He talks about all of this stuff, the ancient traditions of the Chinese, traditions of hungry ghosts, the idea, the rudimentary ideas, the roots of where the concepts of vampirism zombies come from. It all has to do with this etheric ca, this double this race like thing that then needs to feed to stay alive because it's associated with the physical body. This is what they call it. And the more that thing is hungry and wants to stay alive after the soul leaves and the body dies, the more intrusive and intense its presence can be.
Speaker 9: And so.
Speaker 4: For the Pharaoh, they put it in a statue and they fed it and they treated it with royalty like royalty to keep his ca alive. Now, in magic, you know, that's not what I'm teaching people to do. That form of strange, you know, raith necromancy. It's just more so while you are alive, you learning how to use that etheric energy in magic, which means too. There's three phases. The first is to link. You must link it. You'd link with it, link your conscious mind to it, because until you've done that, it's completely latent and it's constantly receiving impressions, so you are much more impressionable. Before you link your you will have thoughts that you thought were yours. You know, you will be very, very susceptible to influence and manipulation. This is what they call personal magnetism, right when when somebody can manipulate and influence they call that personal magnetism. It's not because people are magnetized to them. It comes from the idea of animal magnetism that you can exert that force over somebody and render them latent, receptive. So the first precaution, the first hygienic measure, is to link your mind to your etheric body. How do you do that? Well, I teach you. The first thing you have to do is learn to see it and feel it, And I give exercises and texts and all of that kind of stuff for not just the visual component, but the tactile component of being able to sense and feel it. And again, I've done this in workshops and I'm astounded at how successful it's been in person with with groups of people I've never met before. So uh, then the second part is to to to move and cultivate. That's just that's chigung, right, is the cultivation of chi in the certain centers of the body. Now in in Chinese medicine and dallas Uh, you know energy theory, you have three main centers, the dantien, and they correspond to the cavities of your body. Okay, low dantien down here, the middle danteen. We also call these the sanjao, the triple burners.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: These are called the horrors, the the diamonds in in or the horrors in in reiki in the Japanese energy system. So what do I correspond those three two salt, sulfur and mercury. We're doing alchemy. Okay, the the the the sulfur component is in the upper dantia.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: The salt obviously is in the low danti en. That's called the the cauldron of elixir. That's where all your vitality in life is longevity those things. There's a point on the back. I think it's ming men. Ming men, Yeah, ming men. I think it's do four and it's they gets right between the adrenals and slightly lower on the spine, and it's the ming men translates to a gait of the fire of life. So there's there's the salt, and then there's the mercury component. Why is mercury in the middle. A lot of westernso terroists are gonna be confused. Mercury is the consciousness in language like, oh, sit down for a second. Mercury is the mediator. Mercury is the medial point, okay, and we are always no matter what we're leading with. Even in Western magic, what do you do when you when you do the middle pillar, or when you do God form work, or when you work the tree of life in the Sirri sensation, you always center the last thing you do, you center that energy into farith. It has to end here because this is the medial space, and this is how to live heart heart forward. And you know they say in Chinese medicine, the shen lives in the heart, the spirit of the person lives in the heart. It resides in the heart. You can see it in their eyes. The shen is visible through there. The quality of their spirit is visible in their eyes, but it resides in the heart. So I conceive of effectively the cultivation, the movement and cultivation of this energy in these three main middle pillar power points. And then on top of that, I do use the tree of life in the sphere of sensation and be why because it's readily available, ready made. People know this stuff. It's great, it works well, it's easy to use. As the time tested, we're moving and storing the energy and building it up based on those things. And then finally the last piece is to project it. So you've linked up, you've learned how to of it, you've cultivated it in your spirit sensation. Now you've got to learn how to use this for magic. And that's probably like the last third of the book.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's that's actually fascinating, that whole connection to then how you're how like you teach, how I teach taichi chigung and all these different integrations of things, Because the last is understanding when somebody's coming up against you, how to use everything you just said to then move somebody, because taichi is not just the internal art, it's also the external warrior thing where when yoused properly, you can be just you could be a badass wrestler at the same way, because if you can't be moved from your foundation, because all those things are now linked up into that lower foundational Dantean it's great nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, but I'm pretty sure they call that rooting, right, part of that rooting, part of rooting, Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean it's there's so much that can be done. You want to work on vision work, you want to work on memory work, you want to work on U power. You work with the sulfur center, you know, but you're at the end. You want to work on physical health, energy longevity. You work with the salt center. You're always centering everything in the middle, right, because mercury is the androgene. Mercury can it has both sulfur and salt in it. That's what make it. That's mercury is the combination. It's like for anybody that play that plays music. If I were just to play, let's say on a guitar, you know, I play a root in a fifth, just two notes and I pluck them together. Those two notes are gonna sound and their vibrations are going to create what we call an overtone, a third note that I didn't play. I did not play that, but it emerges from the blending of the two notes I did play. It's the same thing with mercury. Mercury is both, so it can be more of one more of the other. But his main job is to be centered and to contain both and equalize them, equilibrate them. So yeah, there's a lot. There's a lot of that. There's rooting, there's I use it, you know. I have postures that we use for scrying.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: It's it's pretty it's pretty intense. Thing is though, I do want to give credit where credit is due.
Speaker 2: I would.
Speaker 4: They really pushed me. My editor, Heather Green at lleu Ellen was fantastic, and she really pushed me after the first read of the book to to give give everything I got, GIVEU put it all down, give us more, give us more, you know, because you're always a little hesitant, do I should there be something for me like that?
Speaker 9: I don't.
Speaker 4: But at the end of the day, you know, if you're going to do something like this and you're going to offer this to the world. You got to just go the full monty.
Speaker 1: But and on that.
Speaker 4: I know I'm dragging on a little bit here, But there is a funny story that I really want to tell, if you'll, if you'll, let me tell about how how how this book came about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: In twenty twenty three, Evo Dominguez Junior invited me to uh the Sacred Space between the World Conference, which is Maryland. Okay, I'm speaking there again this year and this month. Actually, oh wow, a good thing. I reminded myself that I gotta prepare, but I'm going there in like fourteen days. But I went in twenty twenty three, and he only gave me a handful of days notice. He's like, look, I know this is short notice, but come on up if you can make it. So I had to ask off from work. I took a car up, got there late, so I didn't get to go to the first night of the presentations. By text, I'm going to go into my hotel room. I'll see in the morning.
Speaker 2: I show up.
Speaker 4: I get there in the morning and the first door has a line outside of it, and I go up and I look at the schedule and it says five minutes to pitch a book idea to a Llewellyn editor, And I was like, holy shit, I didn't even know you could do that. I didn't know if this is what people did at conferences. I sit down and you just listen to somebody, you know, but they're always sourcing ideas. So I'm like, yeah, I'll do this, I'll get online. I got hopped online, you know. Then the line starts dwindling. I'm getting closer to the door and I realize I don't have an idea, Like I just kind of jumped on this line and nuts, that's me. You know, if you ask my fiancee, Nicole should be the first to tell you that I am all you know, I'm all about just if somebody suggests we go for a swim, all the normal people go and they change into their their bathing trunks and I am fully clothed, you know, like one hundred yards out already drowning, drowning. But so I jumped on and I'm getting nervous because there's like one more person. I'm like, what the hell am I going to tell this person? And it just pops into my head, like Hey, gummy, you know what about the stuff that you've been doing for like almost ten years now with the Eastern and the Western stuff. Why don't you pitch this idea to her? And uh, I came up with the title and everything, and I went in. I pitched the idea and she's like, it sounds good. Send me your first chapter and an introduction. And I'm like, okay, I'll do that. And I left that room and I went to the cafeteria and I just I wrote the first chapter and the introduction and I sent it to her and then uh yeah, and then then the rest was history. And that was my first book deal.
Speaker 8: So it's.
Speaker 4: To me, there's something synchronistic and providential about it too, So it's very special project for me.
Speaker 2: That's wild Ship make Good for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's and because of the lack of fear. That may never happened if you had the fear of not getting a longing.
Speaker 4: Well, really, I blame Evo, which is why I asked him to write the forward, because like he there's just something about him. He just he just knows which strings to pull. I don't know that he knows why, but he knows what to pull and when and it just and everything. You know, it is a true true magician.
Speaker 9: H I wanted to ask something since you briefly talked about it, and I think I've follow something on Instagram once, maybe on on a class of yours or something like the usage of music in these kind of things, like how do you if maybe you have that on the book or or something.
Speaker 10: But I find like music fascinating.
Speaker 4: So there's a there is there's a chapter.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 4: That's because you know, my editor was just kind of like, give us a chapter on sound and and and and I okay, sure, let's do it. There are different tones uh and vowel and consonant combinations.
Speaker 10: I used.
Speaker 4: Primarily the introductory ones have more to do with the right salt, sulfur, and mercury being the three uh sounds of the mother letters of the in the Seffroyette Sira right uh. So the sulfur centerted corresponds to the sibilance, which is that kind of sound. Then the salt center corresponds to you know, the letter mem and the element of water that's silent, so it's more of a this kind of thing, and then air being in the middle. Mercury is as we say in the gold on the tongue of balance betwixt them. So that's more of just an awe type of thing, getting to feel it in the chest. And part of this is developing the magical voice and feeling getting these cavities to vibrate their cavities, you know, and get feeling that somatically the levels of vibration and being able to do that. In terms of music, there's a lot. I just I'm wrapping up. We're doing our last session of the Music as Magic course. I did a seven module course. The modules are I mean, most of them were over two and a half hours long, and I really run the gamut of musical applications in that it will be available for for for anybody that wants to purchase it. I you know, we I've recorded all of these. They come with presentation slides. They come with custom syllabi syllabuses that I write for each course, So anybody's interested in that, reach out to me at Ikebaker dot com. There's a little chat widget on the bottom right hand corner of the screen and whatever you type in there will come to my personal inbox. So A, be nice and B if you want to know more about this this particular course, write me there and I've got another one coming up in March two.
Speaker 8: His courses are amazing. I have taken two of them. Ike Baker's The Man and he goes super deep. So I'm telling you live review. Ikes courses are awesome.
Speaker 2: Take it.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Thanks, I I'll send the money later.
Speaker 8: Yeah, seven thousand.
Speaker 3: Something I didn't want to ask you that I noticed with some chapters in your book, and I thought that there are just from my own experience, of my own practices. I thought it was something that's very important for me. It was important for me. I noticed you have stuff on breath, breath work, and visualizations.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why do you? Why do you include those in the book? Obviously you must.
Speaker 4: All of all of these words chi, prana, ru, spiritousevma, they all related to They all mean breath. They also mean other things, but they all mean breath, you know, or wind, this kind of thing, vapor, et cetera, so on and so forth. But but explicitly, you know, spiritousee, penevma, all of these these words prana this means breath. So why well, first of all, ether, this quintessence, this pure sort of you know, radiant new luminosity, that that everything that is sort of radiating off of our density. Or really a lot of people think it's actually holding us together rather than radiating off of us. But that's a whole different conversation. They've always in many, many traditions, it's always been related to air, it's been related to wind. And how you take it into your body is by breathing. And they say, why be right, because in the Golden Dawn we say breath is the evidence of life, and that that power, that inherent ether was associated with this idea of enlivening things. Right, matter is dead in and of itself, It's inert according to the classical worldview, the magical worldview, matter is cannot animate itself. So what is this thing that animates? Well, and you know, in various traditions they say soul, but really spirit penevma or as anglophone pronunciation would be numa numa. This, this pneumatic substance enlivens everything. And and in some systems, like there's a book called the The Day Spring of Youth, and there's a bunch of stuff in the theosophical writings to talk about these practices of breathing in and extracting the prana from the air. Really, for me, I don't subscribe to that so much as I do this idea that it's more along the lines of like what I learned in you know Chen, which is Chinese version of Zen. Effectively Chen practices meditative practices, is there is a direct relationship between the breath and the energy and a lot of it. This is the very most basic, the most basic way of conceiving. It is the way that one of the fundamental ways that you learn to link up and move the energy is by using the breath as a guide. Now, it's kind of like in the Golden Dawn where you do the lesser ritual of the pentagram and you trace the pentagrams, right, you're tracing the pentagrams to aid you in your visualization, to get you know, Mena Mathers or Morena Mathers. She actually you get a lot of modern practitioners in the Golden and they very militaristic, you know, kind of but Mena Mathers actually taught her students, like the Unfortune when she was in the Alpha at Omega, to go very slowly because the most important thing is the symmetry. So in the same way that you're training your mind by aid of this physical gesture in using the breath, the fourfold breath and things like this and belly breathing, horror breathing, Dantean breath and this kind of stuff, you're training your mind to move this energy. Eventually, you don't need to do that specific type of breathe thing all the time. But in my experience is that when I do the breath, I mean it's immedia and it's much more powerful, you know. So, uh, there is uh that that that synchronization between the mind, the breath, the undulations, right. I call that the personal somatic rhythm, the rhythm of your body. Right because when you when you slow your breathing, your heart slows with it. Everything is coming down everything you know, your your your your sympathetic nervous system, your parasympathetic nerdive with nervous system is is kicking in and and now you can Israel Reggoredy also talked about this at length, like if you are anxious and you can't relax your body, your mind, like you're not going to be able to move that energy, you know. Reggoredy was very much into thinking of this stuffs as these energies and and uh, that's why he wrote a book called The Art of Relaxation, you know, because it's such an important part of magic is to get everything to this very controlled and steady and still base level. So so you know, there's that now in my experience. Again, Jin could correct me, but in my experience, and I studied with with a Thaie practitioner, Chigung when I was doing my personal studies. I had a few Chinese instructors as well in school, but they were kind of more of on a rotating basis. But the way that I learned it was that the first thing you learn is the breathing in the postures in Chigo, Okay. You learn how to how to move with the breath. You learn how to move very slowly synchronously. You know that, you learn the forms and how they move and connect into each other, and you you learn the names of these forms. Right then at a certain point of development, you become what's called an inner door student, so that you're an outer door student for a while with these traditional guys, and it's they're not there too, you know. For customer satisfaction, you know, like, it's not customer service here. It's like you're going to learn what I tell you because you came and you sought me, and I like that a lot. I learn more from those people. So the Inner Door teachings. Now, once you've mastered the posture, the breath, the movements, the flow, the forms, then you get the visualizations and that's when you can do magic because it's it's it's all of those things in concert with that is effectively magic. You know, it's the same thing in the Western practice. So so yeah, that's that is very topically why I.
Speaker 7: Included all that stuff. It's a good question though. Thank you for asking, thank you for explaining. Yeah, I appreciate that. Anybody have any other questions, Frank keep.
Speaker 8: Going, yeah, yeah, of course. I So, oh then what is the true uh with this book? What was your main besides walking onto the line and all of a sudden you have a book deal? What was your main reason for this first one? Is it just because of that or did beforehand you were thinking about all these things and you're like, I've done this training here and now you know Western esoteric traditionals put it together into this book, and like what what is the real message you're trying to give to the people.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, it's it's just a product of what happened to me. I look at it like you play music, Well, you're the music you make and the music you put on an album. It's it's based off of the music you've listened to a right, So it's right in that way, you're you cannot create any new ingredients in music. In cooking, what you can do is you can take the ingredients and mix them together in your personal way, and they call that style, right, And so this is effectively what happened with the book. I I suffered a really really devastating life event that effectively it destroyed my life in a very short period of time, maybe like three months, and everything that I had built, uh, which is good, right, because of the House of Cards, it was horseshit. But at that point, that's when I decided to go back to the golden dawn that I had blown off and flaked out on. And at the same time I was I was I had to get out of bartending.
Speaker 2: I didn't I want to.
Speaker 4: I didn't want to be touring anymore. I didn't want to be working nights four o'clock in the morning in a bar in Manhattan. So I couldn't figure out what was going on. I was reading a book that somebody gave me. It was called Imagining the World into Existence. This is a book by Norman Dyellis, who actually is a wonderful lady and she's been on the podcast. I didn't know her back then, but there was an image in this book of somebody performing like what looked like massage. And I don't know why, but it just hit me like, I have to help people. That's where I need to go.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 4: I served them alcohol. Now I have to serve them, you know, in something that's going to heal them instead of pick your poison. So I went into bodywork physiotherapy. Took me a little while to find my footing figure out what I want to do. I didn't like the Western allopathic medical paradigm, so I went Parts East and I learned, you know, Asian body work. I learned. I was in acupuncture. I went to clinic, I learned Chinese herbalism and all that stuff. Now as I was doing that, I was initiating into the Golden Dawn, and I realized, hang on, did these two things need each other.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 4: It was just a total fluke, Like I didn't think I was going to get the other side of the picture.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: It was just just happened at that time, and I was like, wait, this is blowing my goddamn mind. Like these are two things that when you have both of them, you have pretty much the whole picture. And but they're bifurcated. You know, especially in the West, we don't we do not have a system of working with the energies that we claim to project in the West the way that they do. So I was just personally keeping this record of what I was doing. I mean, right here, these are all my fucking journals that I wrote in through the outer Order, through college, everything, you know. So I'm sitting there creating my own library, my own personal record, which is a library of the things that I was seeing, noticing, learning combinations of techniques, and so it was just I was just doing that. I was doing that, I was living that, I was putting it into practice. And so then when I hopped on that line, it was like the you know, hey, that's your big idea, that's been your project, so why don't you just do that you've written it in pencil, you know why put it put into a book format?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Uh, Judith, did you have anything did you want to ask have to put you on the spot or anything?
Speaker 4: There sometimes that No.
Speaker 8: No, no, I have I don't.
Speaker 1: Actually, this is my introduction to Ike, so he's given me a lot to think about, and it's I'm actually considering taking your course.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: Well, and that gives me an opportunity for anybody that's familiar with pants offfers, right, Sam Robinson Ian Gladwin. I'm sure some people out there will be familiar with pants offfers. I've been reading pants offers for like twelve fifteen years.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: I recently partnered with them, and I'm going to be offering with pan Sulfers uh and Sam, I'm going to be teaching uh an etheric magic course. I'm going to be doing a whole course on the book, and it's going to be in six modules. We haven't gone live with any of those materials, but I'm just putting it out there in the ether for everybody that might be interested specifically in learning what I'm talking about tonight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm looking that up. Now. That's it? Nice man. Good for you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well it's all it's all Sam. You can thank Sam. He's he's really good at that, you know, bringing bringing people into the fold.
Speaker 8: So so then, hey, what do you think the world's getting pretty crazy there?
Speaker 6: Ike?
Speaker 8: Do you think that this is the way to balance out the nonsensical with the sensical? And most people think the occult isn't as sensical as I know we all do here, but there seems to be a lot of dark sorcery going on. And the only way to contrast that was with the light. What't you say?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but the problem is that most people don't know what the fun they're doing with the light. You know, it's like you think you have the light, and what you're really doing is you have a flame, and the flame is not the true light. You're just lighting shit on fire at this point, you know, like, that's not the light, so right, and that's pure Plato right when they're sitting there, when it's the allegory of the Cave, Book seven of the Republic, When they're sitting there and they're seeing the shadows on the wall, what's behind them the false light and it's fire the true light. You gotta work for that true light. You gotta climb all the way up that path, that ascent, that rough ascent under the overpass, until finally you reach the light of day and the sun blinds you temporarily. That's the true light. You are fucking blind at first, and that is effectively what we all have to go through in order to fix the mess we're in. It's not it's not in we talked about this interface between the interior and the exterior, like our exterior situations are a product of who we are who we are, Okay, So a part of this can help with that, in the creation of insight, in the focusing of your attention and your efforts into something systematized, something progressive in terms of systematic, something you're getting better at, something you're working with and it's working on you. But there are other ways to do that. I mean, for me, it was always initiation. But I understand now, after being out here sticking my neck out here so people can rip my head off for three years, I understand that I didn't have the same experience of initiation that a lot of people who went through, you know, the same tradition did. I think that purely it was again this quixotic thing. I had no clue what the Golden Dawn was when I entered it. It was a fluke. I wanted to join a Kabbala study group and the guy told me, we don't do that anymore. But we got this other meeting and it was the golden on like what do people think you're doing? Like Harry Potter wand waving shit? And I totally flaked. But then when I went back, I didn't know anything about I had had no preconceptions.
Speaker 10: There wasn't all this.
Speaker 4: There weren't people like me out there giving everything away, you know, it was. It was very difficult to know anything. So I went into that blind and the fact that I wasn't trying to you know, hump into submission into what I wanted it to be. It I was able to experience it right Like if if if you met a person and you you went to coffee or you went to dinner, you're on a date, and the whole time you're sitting there telling them who you think they are, You're not going to learn a thing about them. You're probably not going to get a second date. Effectively, this this was what enabled me to have I believe the experience that I did have, which was utterly transformative. I'm virtually unrecognizable from the person I was before I went through initiation. And I think in some way you could do that at the Golden Dawn. You could do that with the Theoreic magic. You could do that in the Oto, you could do that in you know, amwork theosophy, because it's about what you are bringing to the table and how you are allowing yourself to be led.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, that, or you could do it through reading the Republic and learning how to philosophize and realizing how to actually walk out of the cave, because nobody can do it for you, you know. And I think that's something that Socrates and Plato was through Socrates's voice, was really getting at, you know, is that like you have like that's the idea of at least my readings of no One. You can't bring the light back into the cave. And that's what people mistake is that no matter where you're at, in Malchuth or the cave. That's why it's a contrasting thing of like once you become a philosopher king, or once you witness the Platonic forms, it's truly that then you don't want to govern because you're just really truly trying to learn how to govern yourself.
Speaker 4: Well, and that's the thing there. There's some verbiage there, specifically in the in the original Greek, in the Republic, and I think you you should people should read the Republic. But if you really want to learn how to do the dialectic and what the whole purpose of it is, you got to read. You got to at least you got to at least read the twelve Dialogue, so the ambleiking and curriculum as well. You're not going to get it from a single dialogue, especially the Republic, because it's it's the great, it's the magnum opus. It contains all his major themes. It's exhaustive. But so so you know, you want to you want to go you want to read the Republic with a shirtba somebody that's been up this mountain seven or eight times, maybe one hundred.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: But the main thing about about the allegory of the cave is it is very interesting, very interesting. He doesn't say that the prisoner, and that's what he calls them prisoners. They're bound hand and foot, and their their necks, their heads, they can't look away from the wall. He doesn't say that one escapes. He says that one is freed. He doesn't say by who or why. But then he says he is then shoved, pushed and dragged up. That this is what I mean when allowing yourself to be led, because that in that instance, Socrates, I believe Plato, you know, through Socrates talking about and this is not gonna be very popular, talking about providence. Providence, something comes and takes the chains off of you. For me, my life was destroyed. I had no choice. Did I know what I was going in?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 4: I flaked on the Golden Dawn?
Speaker 2: Did I know what I was in?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 4: I you know, I jerked around for the first like three months I was involved in the order. I had to be pushed, shoved and dragged, you know. And this there is you have to learn to allow yourself to be led.
Speaker 10: That's what it's.
Speaker 4: Something like a system like the Golden Dawn ultimately culminates in right, that's the job of the adept at first, the adept, this minor is to rise and unite with your higher divine genius. And so that's what's leading you in a lot of this stuff right, and we say it. The lamp of the hidden knowledge went before you, though you're the but though it was unseen by thine eyes. The knowledge of the lamp of the hidden knowledge is always guiding you. It's always in front of you. You don't know why you're doing what you're doing, you know, and if you dare take to take credit from it, you're gonna you will fall soon. So you need to allow yourself to be led. And I think that that's a really powerful statement in the Republic, is that like it's too much to do this yourself. We can't do it. Like the persona like you know, Ike, who when he dies is dead, you know, And like this guy who you know struggles with myriad things self esteem, laziness of physical health, eating too much, staying up too late. That guy, that guy's gonna do this work. No, absolutely not. There's something that that guy has to allow himself to be led through this work. You you don't give yourself the marching order you know, you receive, you learn ways to receive them. That's what the Golden don does. You're teaching you a way to receive your marching orders, and then you make sure that your ass follows, you know, just follow suit, but one foot in front of the other and that's it. So so I think that that's really important too, if we're talking about how to kind of fix or I don't even think you can't fix what's going on. You have to transition and evolve into something else. There's no fixing this. It's just we got to get through it, you know.
Speaker 2: And I don't know.
Speaker 4: I truly I can't say if we will get through it in my lifetime, but I always have hope, always.
Speaker 2: Yeah, beautiful, beautiful.
Speaker 3: Uh we there's anything about this book that you would like to, you know, at least still talk about or mention or leave us with before we start to wrap it up. You know, what is it about this book that's different that you say? You know, you know the reason for this book? I guess what stands out with this one and other people's.
Speaker 4: Well, A lot of people are telling me that it's it's extremely easy to read, and like, I put shitload information into this thing, as as I always do. I can't help myself. I really can't help myself. I just I'm here to literally just just just vomit this stuff. And I give a lot of relevant contextual and historical stuff to point you in a direction to begin to understand this, rather than like you go on YouTube and you're watching some guy tell you about, you know, piezoelectricity in his crystals. There's nothing wrong with that, but there's there's there's a much broader history of discussion and this in learning what this is and using it. It's a huge history both hemispheres, right, So I try and and give that stuff in contextual for the reader. And it just so happened that, uh, you know, it was my first book, deal, but it wasn't the first book I wrote. So I got all the big words and fancy concepts out in the first book. It was a total cathartic you know exercise. So this one I was much more focused in the way that I wrote, and apparently it was very very clear to a lot of people. I think that's one way it stands out. The other way is that nobody's ever done anything like that before. You know, Etheric taken the Eastern tradition and what what we what I learned about the Eastern tradition and brought it into the language the symbol systems of the Hermetic Kabbala of the West and Western alchemy. So so that's it's really those two systems that they were the only doorways in uh, into getting this stuff into a specifically Western magical practice for people too. Then it's just a very easy transition into using it magically. And I'd like to think I'm very thorough, but I leave enough room for you to, like, I say, you know you can you don't like some of this stuff, fine, great, take it what you do like and apply it to the system that you currently work.
Speaker 2: Apply it.
Speaker 4: It's it's very applicable to everything that you're probably already doing. So so there's that too that it can be kind of a little a La Kart. So yeah, other than that, I mean, go on Amazon and read the reviews. I got some really good refuse.
Speaker 3: To actually, oh and you do have I think it does mention. You do have like fifty lessons in that too as well.
Speaker 4: Right, Oh, yeah, I've got exercises, there's a there's a guided visualization, there is all sorts of stuff. It's you know, it's Llewellen. So the main thing, you know, one of their central tenets is, yeah, you write about all the history and theory you want.
Speaker 8: But you got it.
Speaker 4: This has to focus on practice, which I love. I was on board with that from the beginning, so it's extremely practical. I would say, uh, yeah, that's uh, that's really it. It's a special it's a special book. It's it's it's it's already it's getting translated into multiple languages at this point, so it's it's it's really been a wild ride with this particular book. But look out for the maybe maybe in two years, I think that'll be ready to the the Luminous Body. That's what I'm calling it for now. The follow up, the sequel to it is uh, I'm going to do that with Lluellen some good for you man, Good luck with that.
Speaker 10: So I expect to read a book and then be able to do TELEKINESI. Right, yeah, yeah, awesome.
Speaker 4: By the way, I'm gonna have you sign a liability way for.
Speaker 3: Very nice all right, Uh, I'll have everybody plug is shows before we wrap it up here what is going on?
Speaker 2: And you're muted?
Speaker 10: You know, sorry about that.
Speaker 1: It's been a pleasure, actually quite enlightening. I know you put it out in ether about that course you're putting together. How soon do you think that might be out there for us to partake.
Speaker 4: I want to say, March, I'm probably I'm going to be teaching three courses in in in this in March, I'm going to be teaching the Etheric Magic Course, which is going to be six modules right out of the book and with extra shit you know that I didn't put in there. I'll be teaching a class called a course called Techniques of Greco Egyptian Theorgy, and that is in October of last year, I did a I guided and facilitated a field immersive excursion through Upper and Lower Egypt with twenty participants. And I had spent a significant amount of time putting together and reconstructing to whatever degree was possible ancient theurgic ritual ceremonies and and uh so all of the ritual techniques and the theory and the history that I put together for that that actual like on site you know, nine ten day excursion that's gonna be most of the content of this that course. And then uh the the final course I'm gonna be doing, which is shorter, it's only four modules. It's it's gonna be it's called Astrological Herbalism for Witches. Magicians and alchemists. So that's another book I got in the pipeline and I'm going to be teaching a course on on that stuff. So yeah, again, anybody that's interested Ike Baker dot com write to me and I'll get you signed.
Speaker 2: Up for everything. Nice good stuff. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh but thank you again.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: And you could catch me on the Loon on YouTube as a loon on YouTube and on x This was a pleasure.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, and uh jin, what is going on with what's up? Well, I just want to say thank you so much. I honestly you're a great guest to like legit legit like super respect to your knowledge base and just like how yeah, it's a bit syncretic, but that's kind of the time of that exactly like what you said. It's like I always say, like knowledge goes best together because then only then can you see the contour of the truth.
Speaker 2: I kind of like that.
Speaker 6: That's very ton tric, maybe because we only have one primordial truth but a lot of relative truth, so it makes sense for us. But you know, regardless of your system, I think that you do have a lot of knowledge and I greatly appreciate it.
Speaker 2: So thank you so much.
Speaker 6: And thank you, of course, Nick Boss for inviting me, Thank you Judith, thank you Brandon of course, who is my buddy. For the record, he is my friend, but I am going to give him shit on the show at times if I will. And then of course Matt, who is our webmaster as well as our YouTube social media coordinator for the Gray Lodge. Check out our show February thirteenth, will as the cause of fire exposition on naw success my episodes with Sauschkey, I have a double episode coming up, and also with the Taoist priest that we that I forgot his name very temporarily. Matt reminded me Master Gongson. And I've got so many, so many shows coming up. Nick I, Brandon and I are working on something I've got I've just got so much going on. It's like a little overwhelming, but it's it's great, it's generative, and I'm in a good place. So everybody, thank you so much, and have a great year of the fire Horse, because Chinese New Year is almost here end of the month, so you know, I think it'll be a welcome respite from the multuousness of the yearly Snake, So thank you, appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you for coming on. I would appreciate you. Jorded ed Brandon, what's going on Vegas?
Speaker 8: Hey? Yo?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Nice, amazing as always, Ike's the man. I don't know why he doesn't say it. Supposedly he had a new company come a business with his soap and all the herbs and stuff, so everyone should make sure they also buy his brilliance. He'll tell you.
Speaker 5: Just go do it.
Speaker 8: Buy the book. Ikes the Man, megas and the media here. Head over to my YouTube because one of the remedies to a postmodern mechanical functional world is magic and kung fu, and I find that to be something everyone can do, so their only way to save the world is to save yourself. Head over to x head over to Instagram. This crew is amazing. Shout out to Nick of the occult rejects. We are all here because of him, and thank you again for the evening. It's fantastic.
Speaker 3: Thank you, sir. I appreciate your joining us and my man Matt was going on, kid. Thank you very much for coming on.
Speaker 9: Man, Yeah, thank you for calling always, super nice, super great discussions here and as always, you can find me as at Medmore nineteen that's going to be on Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, maybe some other places, but those are the ones that you should post the most.
Speaker 10: And like I said, just.
Speaker 9: Launch today you can enter a social platform for esoteric and spiritual discourse. It's not about hosting the content that already exists like here on YouTube, Apple, Spotify, everywhere, but more so a discourse layer. So there's gonna be a lot of coal stuff there. Just make sure to go to enter gammu that's ga Mu dot com. And yeah, in a few weeks that's gonna be a lot of co stuff there.
Speaker 3: So awesome, very nice, congratulations, gradulations, and last I please let everybody know where they can find at least yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thanks for having me on. It's always great. Seriously, I can't say enough good things about what you are putting together here and what you've done. I'm just happy to be, you know, in the mix anytime.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Ike Baker dot com I K E B A k E R. That's where you can find most of my stuff. The channel on the channel on YouTube is r kanem A R C A and v M. Thank you Brandon for mentioning the shop. Nicole, well, thank you as well. So I put that in the chat on YouTube. It's Prickle and Pine shop shop on on on Etsy, and uh yeah, we're shipping all over the place, and it's a lot of custom botanicals and soaps and saves and things like that. And I very occasionally will get in the mix and do a if I have a nice election, right astrological election, I'll do some uh some astrologically time.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: Uh, soaps correspond to different planets and things like that. I don't consecrate them, you know, because it's I'm I'm not putting my my my chee and your soap so that you can rub it on yourself. It's it's not what I do. If you want to consecrate it, go ahead, but I'll just make the soap and send you and Nicole will so Yeah, thank you for bringing that up. I appreciate it. There's just so much to talk about. I get overwhelmed. That's what friends are for, yeah, seriously, And I'm really looking forward, really looking forward to getting on here with fredder RC from a hermetic podcast. Uh and just a couple of days. I think Wednesday we're on. We're going to talk about Golden Dawn. Probably, yes, for the second time. Yeah, second truck. Yeah, thank you very much man for coming on.
Speaker 3: It's always great stuff, always great toys and tons of tons of information. I get a lot myself. Thank you everybody in the chat. That's what's up. There's a lot of people here from the beginning to the end. They appreciate it and love all the comments and love all the stuff that was added in the questions if they're thrown in there, and that's where we go live. But that's the end of another cult rejects until the next one. Everybody be well later.