Speaker 1: In the sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six nine, The Game's Mike the Bulldog beyonkey on Jr. R.
Speaker 2: On the Horn Life from San Antonio, Texas, site of the men's college basketball National Championship.
Speaker 3: The Dog, Good morning, Doggie, Good morning gent Yes, I'm in the river walk the lakita on the river walk. You know what lakina means in Spanish?
Speaker 2: Right, we'll leave the light on for you.
Speaker 3: No, it means next to Denny's. The dog heighted Denny's last night. By the way, do you do.
Speaker 1: You get it where the Denny's sign shines through your room at night?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can open it. I'm on the fourteenth floor. I open up my window. There's the Dennys sign right there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you just yell out.
Speaker 3: I'll have a egg my Hammi. I had a little Country Frize steak last night. But it's been fun covering these guys. The incredible what a run has been for the game, you know, pretty cool. On Saturday when they beat Auburn, it was the same day that the legend Billy Donovan was in town and announced as in a Dusty for the Basketball Hall of Fame. So he was in the building when the Gators beat Auburn. By the way, can the Magic claim Billy Donovan as one of their Hall of famers now had them all of one day, right, he might be the only Magic coach in the Hall of Fame. And I think Chuck Dailey, I think Chuck Daily might be in the Hall of Fame. So yeah, So that was cool. And obviously tonight they play Houston. What a game that's gonna be. You want to talk about contract in styles. Houston has the best defense in the country. They I think they're only giving up like fifty some point fifty seven points per game. The Gators are averaging eighty seven points per game. The Gators have one of the top offenses. Obviously Houston has one of the best defenses, so it should be good. Then you have the young wiz kid coach Todd Golden's going up against old grizzled Delvin Sampson of Houston. So that would be a fun game tonight.
Speaker 2: How about the Yukon women just destroying South Carolina yesterday afternoon.
Speaker 3: Wow, that was unbelievable. Yukon was a two seed for whatever reason, and they beat three one seeds in a row. And yeah, eighty two to fifty nine. They just blow out South Carolina. It was good to see. It was good to see Page Becker's finally win a national title. She's been one of the great college basketball players of all time. She's going to be the number one player picked in the WNBA draft. And yeah, Yukon, they win a stretch without winning a title, but now they get one. Now they've got twelve wins in the final four by twenty or more points. All other teams in Division one women's history have eleven combine. Wow, that's how dominant this program has been. So yeah, good for Yukon. What else we have in sports?
Speaker 2: Can I ask you an honest question, you, being the hockey denier slash hater that you are, what even you recognize the great record that fell yesterday as Alexandrovechkin and the Washington Capitalist becomes NHL all time scoringly No, I'm.
Speaker 3: A big O. I've always been a big OV guy. Yeah, yeah, I've followed OV from the beginning. Yeah, that was that was unbelievable. That's like, that's like Hank Aaron's Hank Aaron bing breaking Bay Bruce record, right, same kind.
Speaker 2: Of deal, man, it's huge. That's big.
Speaker 1: Hey, Bullog, would you say that you've followed ov since ovulation?
Speaker 3: Been that long? Okay, yeah, all.
Speaker 2: Right, I just wanted to make sure make sure you acknowledge there. I don't need you to go any more in depth about how you know him since ov elation or anything like that.
Speaker 3: No, that was that was on my list of things to cover. That's the way, being the longtime Magic fans that you guys are. The Magic don't play until tomorrow night. By the way, they got the halls. But what do you guys think about the Magic? Uh forcing Paul Porter the p a announced er out he's done after this season.
Speaker 2: I wanted to bring I want to bring that up a little bit later in the show so he can get some feedback from the listeners on that. That was a very unexpected, Bulldog.
Speaker 3: It was unexpected, and you know again he was He's seventy one. The Magic wanted the change and he didn't want to go out just shit. So yeah, I'm interested to see what the listeners say about that.
Speaker 2: All right, We'll be getting to that a little bit later this hour. He'll still be calling the PA in house for the lightning though.
Speaker 1: I feel bad that he's going, but I'm honored that they put me in the running to replace, So I might be late sometimes in the morning with with late games that I have to cover.
Speaker 3: Pat.
Speaker 2: Hey, it wasn't to be for Cinderella UCF yesterday in Vegas Bulldog in the Crown Basketball Deal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they went down to nebrask at seventy seven to sixty six. I was watching the game. They were ahead, I think they had make had double digit lead the first half, and then Nebraska just went on a twenty three to three run midway through the second half. In boom they were They won the game, and yeah, us the best player in the tournament Darius Johnson. He scored forty two in the semi final and then yesterday one of eleven from the floor for just four points. So that was you know, they needed him to show up because the keyshawn All their best player in the Big twelve leading score. He didn't play in the tournament because he's already in the transfer portal.
Speaker 2: So, hey, you're your boy, Kyle Larson. Denny Hamlin has him to thank for Denny's win yesterday at Darlington.
Speaker 3: Well, what did Kyle Larson do? I just thought Denny Hamlin had a better pick stop on the last six.
Speaker 2: Kyle wrecked on the fourth lap, was in the garage for the next one hundred and sixty laps, comes back out on the track, does some laps, you know, to get some points, and ends up wrecking in the same place that he did the first time cause the late caution that then gave Hamlin the chance to have, you know, the opportunity to win the race. When it looked like it looked like Ryan Blaney was gonna run away with.
Speaker 1: It, could I ask you, guys a favorite pat. Please don't say his first name, just call him Hamlin because if you remember, Dog is staying next to it Denny's and it might trigger Sure.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, do you want F one?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: We got yeah, we gotta go to the F one desk. Get some insight over the Japanese Grand Prix which was on very early our time Sunday morning from Suzuka, Japan, our very own F one insider Taco Bob with the latest.
Speaker 1: Suzuka Japan little fun fact for you, nothing to do with Suzukey. We have Max Verse stepping strap it on another wind.
Speaker 2: What'd you think about the second second and third place on the podium.
Speaker 1: Talk Norris and Piastre.
Speaker 2: Yeah, McLaren second and third, so but Max Max held off and gets his first winter to season. Uh oh, Orlando City Bulldog.
Speaker 3: Orlando City gets a nil nil drawl on the road. I think they're unbeaten now in their last four games, three of those on the roads. Orlando City playing better. You'd like to get the win. But hey, if you're on the road and you can get a draw in Philly, that's a That's a pretty good result for Orlando City Bulldog.
Speaker 2: The million dollar question? Will you be available for the sports page tomorrow morning post National Championship game tonight?
Speaker 3: Well, I will be up late late tonight covering the National Championship with The Orlando Sentinel, But I'll give you guys a call in the morning.
Speaker 2: Yes, boy, you kick ass, all right, Mike the Bulldog. Beyonkey on the road covering the Gators ahead of the National Championship game tonight, host of Open Mic on AM seven ninety six to.
Speaker 3: Ninety game anyway, got tonight? Are you picking tonight?
Speaker 1: My my major picks out because I had Duke. We gotta go gaters, guys.
Speaker 2: I rooting for the Gators wouldn't be surprised if Houston gets it done, though, Man, not at all.
Speaker 1: What about you, dog?
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm going Gators all the way, baby Houston. By the way, before I go, Happy birthday to Merle Haggard. Today a right Losen Taco on demand to download the iHeartRadio appre