Speaker 1: Hey, before we get started, be sure to head over to Hamradio two dot com forward slash email dash sign up to join my email list of over nineteen thousand subscribers, where I like to send emails about upcoming events, upcoming shopping deals, keep you updated with all the stuff going on with my videos. Once that list reaches twenty thousand, I will be doing a giveaway of another HF radio sign up today and thank you for the support. In the aftermath of Hurricane Helene in North Carolina, ham radio operators are being called out to volunteer for net control and for other duties. I found some really cool articles and interesting facts about how you can volunteer if you want to. I'm going to try to do it myself. Let's take a look. So this guy here is His channel is called Guns and Gadgets. He is Second Amendment News, Guns and Gadgets, Second and In News. I loosely follow him. In other words, I'm a subscriber and I see some of his videos come across my feed. I don't watch very many of them, but every now and then one catches my eye. This one was sent to me by someone on discord, and it said that they talk about a call out for amateur raider operators. So we're gonna start at the beginning. I'm going to let you guys listen to this and I've got some and then I followed the instructions in this video and we'll see where it goes from there.
Speaker 2: Hey, guys, welcome back to Guns and Gadgets. You know you should know the Man, the Myth, the Legend.
Speaker 3: This is TJ.
Speaker 2: Bear, Independent, a man the Myth, the Legend. We'll be here at Grindstone Ministries. I'm here at the fob where they are taking donations and sending him to people who are.
Speaker 3: Stuck in the mountains.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna let the man who is here on the ground talk to you about that here in a second. But guys, he doesn't even know want to say this. Grindstone Ministries doesn't take a single red scent.
Speaker 1: Okay, this guy on the left is with Grindstone Ministries, and those guys are right here and we're going to get to them here in just one second. So I'm going to see what the Guns and Gadget guy has to say, and then I'm going to fast forward to the end because that's where they talk about Ham Radio.
Speaker 3: From the government or victims.
Speaker 2: It's all pro bono work off of donations like you and me and my own.
Speaker 3: My viewership has stepped up.
Speaker 2: My friend, I am going to make a thirty thousand dollars donation to you to christ Now ministries.
Speaker 1: I would love to do that. And YouTube has been good to me, but not quite that good. Not yet. Maybe one day, Okay. So he interviews this guy and he goes on to talk about what's going on in North Carolina and Tennessee and how the title of this is pushing aid to hurricane victims through the FEMA blockades. So I mentioned on the live stream the other night that FEMA is turning people away. There's probably some legit reason for that, because people can't just show up and have stuff, and that it needs to be some sort of coordinated thing. But apparently this ministry here is coordinating efforts for relief and they're still getting turned away. I don't have all the story or all the details on that. We're gonna find out a little bit of it about it here, but I'm focusing on the ham Radio part. So that's what we're going to talk about today.
Speaker 3: What are they what do you need? Hell from because we will help get it for you.
Speaker 4: We need volunteers to start coming in in seven to ten day periods starting a week from now, and so coordinate all that through serve at Grindstone Ministries dot com.
Speaker 1: Bring your neighborhood, bring your so I emailed this servi at Grindstone Ministries dot com. And that's going to be the next part of the video after this part finishes.
Speaker 4: Church group, Bring your mutual assistance group. Bring some guys and girls from your company. Bring people here. We need logistics experts, we need hands and feet, equipment operators, we saw teams, sorry skits there. We need all the thanks, search and rescue, recovery teams, medical professionals, ham radio operators because there you get affective communication with two meter and seventy centimeter band right now.
Speaker 3: Because there's no COMMO here.
Speaker 4: We need all these things, but we need them to come.
Speaker 1: In two meter in seventy centimeters so he doesn't mention HF, which I know there's been a lot of HF used into and out of the area. Because VHF UHF is great for local comms no cell service. You set up repeters either permanent repeaters that are that are still in operation or deployable repeaters that you can use in a in a localized area. And that's great. But he didn't mention anything about HF so either he doesn't know about it, or maybe he just didn't mention it here, I don't.
Speaker 4: Know in the coordinated fashion, so we're I'm overwhelmed for one day with two hundred people and the next day we have zero. So coordinate all that through Servi at Gronstele Ministries dot com and then pray for these people.
Speaker 3: Please pray for these people.
Speaker 4: If you are a person of faith, lift these people up. They're hurting so bad that they are now checking out that they just can't take it anymore.
Speaker 3: And that's a tragedy.
Speaker 4: The storm is a tragedy, but the unnecessary loss of life is even more of a tragedy. And that's why we're literally fighting. We're operating behind enemy lines right now.
Speaker 3: Running.
Speaker 1: Okay, So he goes on to talk about FEMA a little bit more there, I will link this video. Blow guys, please go watch this video. It's only about ten minutes long. He talks a lot more about Grindstone Ministries there. So I emailed Serve at Grindstone Ministries dot com. Okay, and the email I sent was right here, and I said, in the beginning of the email, I said, hey, folks, I caught this video and I linked to the guns and Gadgets video and then I said, I'm a HAM Radio Operator General class. I run this YouTube channel, and I linked my channel of course, and then I and then I said, let me know what's needed and how I can help. And they replied back, short and sweet. Have Ham sign up at AMRON dot com, am R R o N dot com and then send contact info and availabibility here. So amarn dot com, So Grindstone Ministries dot com. He said, the email serve at Grindstone Ministries dot com. And that's their website right here. So I sent that via email. He talks about an Amazon wish list to help them with the work they're doing over there. That's right there. This is Helene deployment information. And I read through this and this is the same attachment that he puts at the bottom of this email right here. So what he's saying here is please read this entire communication. Prior to emailing, we tried to answer as many questions as we can. You must email, serve at Grindstone Ministries dot com and be approved for any and all volunteer opportunities. We appreciate your willingness to support, but we have to control access and follow a proper protocol to have a safe and effective effort. At this time, we'll not be accepting any more inbound volunteers until mid October early November. Well that's only a week away, guys. It's only a week away, So mid October, I would say October fifteenth. We need these people to be able to commit to a week on site, and it takes time to bring new folks up to speed and effectively assigned duties. We need people who are ready and able to take the assignment needed. Even if you are presenting with a specialized ability and skill set, if you want to come and serve in any capacity, we need volunteers who are able to come for seven to ten days. Do not come to the FOB forward Operations base. I think that is what that means without prior approval. This is cool deployment packing list, okay, and it goes through these things here. I might make a video building that pack right there, and then specialty equipment. Shine saw his heavy equipment, dump trailers, dump trucks, four by four pickups. Hey, I got one of those mechanical tools saw in medical equipment, long range comms, and internet equipment. Oh, I've got my star link, food prep, recovery and rigging equipment fobs. It's fuel, fuel transfer tanks, generators, et cetera, et cetera. So I will put this link and everything else linked in the description below. So when he emailed back and said have him sign up at amron dot com and then send contact info and availability here, I think I went to amorn dot com, which is right here, I don't think I replied to that email. So that's something I'm gonna have to do here in just one second. So we're gonna talk about amrom dot com. We're gonna talk about how I'm going to try to go over there here shortly. But first I wanted to talk to you about the importance of supporting amateur radio's national organization, the American Radio Relay League or the ABLE ORL. The a double RL has represented the interest of amateur radio operators in Washington for over one hundred years. In fact, this September they filed on opposition to the FCC against a corporate interest who wants to completely reconfigure the nine hundred megger hertz ban for commercial use, leading hundreds, if not more, of amateur radio operators without important band spectrum for things like digital mesh networks that are crucial to the digital communications design experimentation, which are becoming increasingly useful in emergency communications, much like what we're seeing here in this video. I wonder if they have a mesh tastic or an arden network set up at this location, At these locations that they're deploying people to. Something to think about. Membership into the League is only fifty nine dollars per year and right now, when you join you can use the code of JAS one for Jason one, you will receive this jungle boony hat embroidered with the A double URL logo. These bucket hats are made from a light, breathable cotton blend material and feature snap buttons to help with their flows. A DOUBLEL does not offer these for sale in their stores, and this offer is available cxclusively to Ham Radio two point zero followers. So please support the league and my channel by becoming an a double r L member today. Thank you, A double ERL for supporting amateur radio and for supporting this channel. So after this, have Ham sign up at AMRON dot com. Now I've never heard of amarn dot com. Have you guys ever heard of this organization? I had not. Okay, maybe that's my fault, maybe that's too bad for me. But AMRON is the American Redoubt Radio Operators Network and the American Preparedness Radio Network tapper in, tap r in, tap r in. And this little logo up here on the top left says mrs cbf RS GMRS Channel three per project. And then of course has Ham Radio Operators by themselves over here, which yeah, okay, not that we're better, just that we offer more Okay, we have more capabilities. Okay, So they have some stuff over here. Now I've already contacted these guys via email. I went to this part right here. If we're gonna go read this real quick. AMRON supporting Grindstone Ministries and Hurricane Heleen. Okay, So through this and I contacted them the email which they which they requested. I got a response from them, and I traded two or three more emails with them after that, and I said, what about sometime in the not so distant future, when you guys get a chance, you guys come onto the channel and talk about just exactly what your organization is. And they said sure, yeah, we'd love to do that. And I asked them about posting this video today and they said, yes, please spread the words. So that's what we're doing today. AMRON is proudly supporting Grindstone Ministries by providing emergency communications in remote and grid downlocations of response the devastation from Hurricane Helen. Last weekend, AMRON was contact by Grindstone announcing the deployment of disaster response teams. After their on site assessment in the Appalachian Mountains of eastern Tennessee along the North Carolina border, they realized that there were absolutely no conventional communications available to many communities and areas in which teams would be operating. So we kind of already knew this. We didn't know how widespread. I still don't know exactly how widespread it is, but this is not new information that we have here.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: All week we have been feverishly working to deploy volunteer AMRON operators into the area to support disaster relief and rescue efforts from their FOB Forward Operating Base. Okay, I was pretty close to that in eastern Tennessee. Okay, it's about a thirteen hour drive for me. We have operators on site more inbound and coordinating between operations leadership at FOB and AMRON operations planners to provide communications supported by deployed operators for regional support team operators and rotational basis. Radio operators are deploying or planning to deploy for three to ten day rotations. And they were saying it before. They're like, you know, it's great that people want to come out there for three day, three or four days, but it takes a while to learn their process. Learn what you need to do, learn this, learn that. So seven to ten days is what they're looking for. So if I do what I want to do and I'm not able to go, yeah, I'll probably go for ten days. Guys, I will have a camera rolling that whole time. And it goes on to talk about a little bit more about the operations. Right here, I will link this article in the description below, so it says if you are a radio operator and you're currently active AMRON member, which I am not, because I've never heard of these guys, and you're interested in deploying with the Amron team, email John Jacob at amron dot com. Okay, and it doesn't put a link there, so you have to type it out no big deal type deployment. In the subject line, which I did, include your Amron call sign, your state, your membership status, dates of availability, how many days you're willing to deploy three to ten or question mark license level. We will follow up with you in the next forty eight hours with a brief operator capability survey and begin the process of scheduling into one of the upcoming rotations. So I sent them an email to the email address they requested, and here's what I said. I said, I'm interested in employment volunteering for a post to lean help. I caught this video. I'm a m radio operator general class. I run this YouTube channel. Of course I link my YouTube channel because why wouldn't die. That's who I am, That's what I do. And I said, and then I did gave the bullet points that they put on their website. Your Amron call sign, I said, I am not an AMRON member, but my call signs KC five HWB, my status Texas membership stablished, is neither dates of availability. I put October fourteenth and on, which is pretty much true. How many days are you willing to deploy for? And I said Tennis, fine, more if needed license level general. And I said, if I need to sign up and become an AMRON member, I can do that. Also. If AMRON is ever interested in being interviewed on my channel to talk about the activities that you do, please let me know. And when they replied back, they said, sure, yeah, we'd love to come on to your channel. We don't have anything set in stone yet, but they did say that so and then they sent me this warning order. Okay, and this is basically just like a CYA effort. I don't know, so let's see situation over you. Grindstone Ministries has requested communications support see if I can make there we go and specifically Amrong radio operators and supported their disaster relief ministry deployment in eastern Tennessee Jernesborough in response to catastrophic damage from Hurricane Heleen. GSM has established a FOB at a Baptist church in towns at Jonesborough and can bill it up to bill it up to one hundred volunteers and provide food, water shelter at the FOB is in a grid up location with internet, water and commercial power livestream just a half a mile away from none that exists. WOW. Specific request for radio operators to provide communications support for teams traveling into remote mountainous locations in extremely austere conditions. Several area repeaters are non operational and in many routes and locations, the GSM anticipates traveling to have no direct line of sight, no cell signal. For more specific GFM deployment including packing and equivalent. Yeah, that's that deployment information for Helene Okay, many citizens of stranded locations running out or already out of food or water, portable pottable water and other needed care. This warn OH will come in THEPOD operations order. Once more details added, we will announce the mission, establish and maintain a rotational volunteer staff to provide unconventional communication support at the FOB or RTO radio telephone operator as an RTO roles may include attachment to disaster relief teams on various missions to include working cadaver dogs OH, delivering food, water aid to remote locations, clearing access routes, maintain communications Regional Support Team sig SEN Eastern, AMRON National providing periodic sit REPS STAT stat reps and other correspondence to support mission execution intent. Provide HF digital mode communications link from grid downlocations to AMRON, RST, Grindstone ministries and other organizations is necessary. Eighty meter INVIZ capabilities are very important. If possible, I'm gonna have to find my eighty meter intenna. So lots of other stuff here. I will put links to this and everything in the description below. Hey guys, so in the first video they were asking for they had a PayPal link. They had a link to an Amazon store where you could buy stuff to help them. They're actually rebuilding roads. If you go listen to that video from Guns and Gadgets, they're actually building roads like gravel roads into places where the roads were so devastated they can't get trucks into them, so they're actually building roads out. Okay, So yeah, this is inside of the USA and the storm was a week and a half ago, and they still don't have power and sell service in some areas. I will put a link to PayPal and their Amazon wish list in the description of this video you're watching right now. Check out all the links we shared today. Check out the guns and Gadgets video. It's only ten minutes long. Go watch that whole video. Get get a little bit more of a backstory than what I shared with you. And if you're interested in volunteering in this effort, go through the steps that I just mentioned to find out what kind of Maybe you guys. Some of you guys are probably closer than I am, So maybe you can go out there for four or five days and it won't take you an entire day to get there. I'm planning on. They're talking about bringing your own shelter, sleeping bag, cot and whatnot, and I'm like, dude, I got all that in the freaking truck. Like I've got my truck set up for overlanding deployments, if you want to use that word. And I can drive myself out there, set up my own cot, my own tent, my own everything. I don't need to take up any room from them. They see to bring say to bring your own food too, and I guess that means I got to bring frank because I don't ever cook for myself. I'm kidding sort of kind of a little bit. I don't know, you take Frank's beans out there to those people and they're not gonna invite you back, probably, But I think this is gonna be a cool opportunity. I mean, I'm sorry this happened to people, but I like the fact that so many groups are stepping up, and so many ham radio operators are stepping up, and they are calling out to more HAMM radio operators to volunteer for three to ten or more day stints in this area. So if it's something you can do, check out all the links in the description below. Thank you to the A Double Are for sponsoring this video and we'll catch you guys next time. Seventy three