Speaker 1: To all right, here we go, here we go. We're gonna give it a minute, so you guys to find this thing.
Speaker 2: Discoogle, Billy Pearson, Jack Daniels, see the story.
Speaker 3: I want.
Speaker 1: Looking for better? Kyle says, okay, hello from Texas. Jeff says, good, looks good. Okay, that's the one. Are you done? Okay, I need someone in the hot seat, but we're gonna let it play for another minute or two. Okay, there we go, forty five people watching.
Speaker 3: Yeah that I'm making burgers.
Speaker 1: All right, put Paul in the hot seat. Do not trip over? Hey, no, no, no, Electra, go that way, go that way. Hey, guys, welcome to Hamcashan twenty twenty five. The camp site here at Orlando or No Central Florida Fairgrounds. So no, no, do not do not. Hey, Electric, come here. She's on her lease. She's gonna she's gonna tackle the whole table. Get go over there, Electric, story that was the dog? Yeah, put her inside? Yeah, put her inside? Well or that okay?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: Who okay.
Speaker 1: Lives streaming? Oh boy, you're in the mirror world. Okay, Oh gosh, okay, So now I've got no well it might be in this camera it's not streaming back groups.
Speaker 2: I always wonder about that.
Speaker 1: No, it's it's just a software. It's fine. Let's move that there. Okay, good, Frank, you ready, let's uh do you have your phone?
Speaker 5: My phone?
Speaker 1: Yeah, your phone. I want you to watch because I can't see that far away. I can't see the chat. So I want whoever's in the live in the hot seat here to tell me what the chat is saying, because if they start making fun of me, I'm gonna turn the live stream on.
Speaker 3: Frank is awesome, that's amazing. Thanks for dinner.
Speaker 6: Yay.
Speaker 1: See, this is how I know you're not actually reading the chat.
Speaker 3: Hey, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Ed? Sheesh?
Speaker 3: I'm almost done. I'm almost done, though, give me another time.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, who wants the hot seed? Anybody anywhere?
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 1: Frank? Frank, he doesn't want it. He doesn't want it here? Who wants it?
Speaker 5: Tim?
Speaker 1: Jason, Robert? Okay, we just finished dinner. So Frank was gracious enough to cook dinner for us, and we stopped at the grocery store on the way back from here from Poda and we picked up hamburgers, brought worse, some fixings and whatnot. So everybody's finishing up dinner. I ate mine first, so I could go live with you guys.
Speaker 4: But yeah, your shirt is backwards.
Speaker 1: My shirt is backwards. Well I will. I don't know what to tell you. It's not supposed to do that. It's supposed to flip it, but I don't care. I don't really care. I believe you.
Speaker 7: I believe you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's supposed to it's supposed to flip it, but it is there, right, So yeah, so we're backwards. That's fine, no problem. So but I can't see, so you tell me what the chat says because I can't see the chat and my phone is up there. Robert's gonna co host, want everyone to sit in there.
Speaker 5: So all right, M Radio two three, how many.
Speaker 1: How many o's you got a mic? Yes? Right here there you go chat all right, Robert W five, I t R Digital Rancher has joined us, and this is the camp site. This is my seat, that's the hot seat, and we're gonna well that's probably true. Yeah, you can thank AT and T for that. I don't know what to tell you on that.
Speaker 4: But Wayne B says you're a new YouTuber.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's also true. Yep, this is my first day on YouTube, so we're good with that. I can hear like three people watching the stream behind me. They don't know how they don't know how to mute.
Speaker 7: Correct games out there in the chat, Hey Steve, Well, Steve, we've got Kyle out there.
Speaker 2: Kyle.
Speaker 1: I think Kyle was one of the first ones in the chat. Actually, yeah, good game. Are you coming to hamcash cook question for one.
Speaker 2: But this is kind of like you of this truck, Rob.
Speaker 1: Kyle. We relived that today, So I let Rob have the front seat of my truck. And I was like, because we don't want to we want to squish Robin the way he had to ride across Montana that way. So that was that was funny. So, uh we are clock Eastern time? Yeah yeah, yeah, so God's time, we have correct we have.
Speaker 4: O'clock.
Speaker 1: So Paula just hit her head on that, so she's had too much to drink and we're yingling for her. That was the rule that A. C. K came up with yesterday. I'm just saying, so, why don't you tell everyone about what we're doing with meshtastic at this ham.
Speaker 7: Cas Well, We've got we've got the fair grounds covered.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very oh we've.
Speaker 7: Got several solar nodes set up all over the fair grounds. We've got the Spec five relay that's up about sixty feet.
Speaker 2: That's the highest one we've got.
Speaker 7: The ham Cation crew also has a couple of solar nodes that are in very advantageous area outside.
Speaker 2: We have one of the area. So this place is lit up with nine fifteen.
Speaker 1: Right now, you have a specific QR code, got a couple of channels. Yeah, there's a ham Cass twenty five QR code. And then you need to set your your modem for or your is it a modem protocol whatever it is for short fast for short fast and turn off MQTT turn that thing off. And we want three hop limit three hot. Well, I think that's default.
Speaker 2: It may be.
Speaker 1: I think three hop. I didn't change that on mind. When I went into mind to change that, it already said three hop limit.
Speaker 2: But you know, I know when everybody just starts playing.
Speaker 1: With us, they play with all right, change everything.
Speaker 7: It's good to give folks some guidance there, right. Also, local only is a device setting that we do, right, Yes, local only Yeah, and you know, I think so far, let me see what the node count is and these are this is everybody that has followed.
Speaker 2: Directions more or less.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, challenge.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so so far and it's early. We've got thirty five folks that are configured and on the mess right now.
Speaker 1: It'll it'll catch back up here.
Speaker 3: So if the mesh Tastic will be counting pull the most.
Speaker 1: For stories, Oh I certainly hope. So I certainly hope.
Speaker 2: So yeah, Yeah, Bill's back here, hiding somewhere there he is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Bill's back here. We got Bill Jason, Tim Dave Wyatt v h Q hex Dave. He doesn't want to be on camera, but you guys come see his booth this weekend. Frank is here. Uh, Steve Kale four a fl is here, a spectator. You're Sean, I'm a local. Oh that's right. Oh yeah you were at the PoTA thing. Yeah, yeah, that's right. Okay, got a local here, somebody who just wandered in. You got poor powers here. Yeah, there we go. So so we're gonna it's been the weather out here has been great. And uh they've got like Michael said on livestream two Sundays ago, they got fifteen new vendors here at him cashin. They've ever had before the Armor Loot guys are here their first time ever. They're actually camped right behind us. I thought they might come over and see what's going on over here tonight, but we'll probably get a knock on the trailer about twelve thirty saying, you guys shut up, we'll see.
Speaker 7: We need to we need to drag them in early so that they're part of the festivities there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, then they can't say anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true, that's the plan, but that's it.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So mestastic really good coverage over the whole park, and there was some I saw a couple of nose up at the PoTA spots, so a couple of people lot and running at the Potat spot as well.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so we're seeing lots of people get involved with Meshtastic, which is fun.
Speaker 2: What else is going on here early?
Speaker 1: You doing any satellites?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I looked for that antenna.
Speaker 2: Yeah I look.
Speaker 7: Yep, Jason came for a ck brought the ELK antenna again for me.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Jason. That's always much appreciated. Uh.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'll certainly find a couple of passes. What I like to try to do is find a pass that allows me to kind of get right in the middle of everything. Yeah, you give everybody a chance to see what's going on, So I'll certainly look for those opportunities.
Speaker 2: Got everything here to do that good.
Speaker 1: Have you heard from Tom and Sloan? Are they going to be here?
Speaker 2: I have not heard from them.
Speaker 1: No, all right, they I was I was riding my bike over there in that area earlier today because they always set up right there by the food truck. Yeah, and uh, and I thought about them when I was riding by. I was like, I wonder if they're going to be here this time or not. They're always chasing satellites. Say they do sideband satellites, Tom does, He does a lot of sideband satellites.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, but well, you know a lot of times they're they're working with the able r L right right, And they usually have a schedule at the a double r L booth for when they'll be working passes, and they work both linear and FM birds on their schedule.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's so, a linear bird is a sideband bird HF.
Speaker 7: It's still two meters seventy centimeters, but it's working on a transponder which has bandwidth as opposed to a single frequency repeater, so you can have several Yes, you can have several several conversations going on on that satellite at the same time.
Speaker 2: Are still on a two meter band? Are there any side band?
Speaker 1: Is there such a thing as an HF satellite?
Speaker 7: You know, there have been some satellites that have had some different frequencies. Okay, there's some ten meter frequencies.
Speaker 1: Sloan was working with like two or three years ago. He was out there and I think that was at him vention, But he was working satellites with a an older icon.
Speaker 2: That's that's what he uses.
Speaker 1: That's it's not but it didn't have too It didn't have VHF. It was just an HF for it was like a seven. It was like it wasn't a seven fifty six. But if something similar to that.
Speaker 7: That's the same radio he uses today. That's his two meter seventy centimeters It is too Okay.
Speaker 1: I thought it was an HF only radio. I can't remember which exactly which one it is, but okay, all right, all right, Yeah, those.
Speaker 7: Guys are here sometimes. I mean they're always at h There's they're always at Dayton there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I bet they'll be here tomorrow. Be surprised me if they are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hopefully, it's always good to see those guys. So what somebody's asking, is it worth coming to ham cash Crop.
Speaker 1: It's absolutely worth coming to ham Cashon if you enjoy this type of activity. This is the second largest ham fest in the United States that happens every year. So if you enjoy that type of thing, yeah, it's totally worth it.
Speaker 2: And it's not just the ham Fest, right, it's this. It's camping, it's hanging out, it's uh, it's.
Speaker 7: Going, it's doing the podah outings.
Speaker 2: It's it's all those things.
Speaker 1: On top of my cigar box. They're Frank, bring me one of those roths trials please, and that and that wooden box next to it. Yeah, where's the q r' A good place to find that.
Speaker 2: So there, it's in a few places.
Speaker 7: First of all, I'll plug my channel Digital Rancher go out there on YouTube. You'll find it as in a post. I have that listed as the current post. It has both the YouTube channel as well as the Hamcas twenty twenty five channel. It's also in several Discord Thank you if if you guys are Discord users, what you got there?
Speaker 1: Charter Oak roth trouts. Look, you know the bad thing about a cigar that size? This will be my third one today.
Speaker 2: Is that really the bad thing? Na?
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, it depends on how you look at it. Dave said these are a great end of the day cigars, but I'm like, nah, I smoke one of these at eight thirty this morning.
Speaker 7: So but yeah, you can also find those QR codes in the Toads hamcation.
Speaker 1: Just because that camera's really wobbly, just be careful with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not oncas. Discord is another great place to go find that real quick.
Speaker 7: And then you know also here at the show you'll be able to find it around the show floor.
Speaker 2: I know that Spec five is there with those at their booth as well. Yep.
Speaker 1: Off the satellite stuff like weather satellites have built, so I have repeated questions.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so the question was do I do any of the other kind of satellite related activities, And I've not that long ago, just a few months ago, I built one of the the egg beater antennas for weather satellites. So that's that's something that's pretty fun, right that and that's easy to do, and that's it's really cool to pull those weather images off those satellites, right, that's I mean, that's one of those things that gives you a.
Speaker 2: Lot of satisfaction.
Speaker 7: It's like, Wow, that's I just pulled that image off that satellite and this is Yeah, this is what's going on on the planet right now.
Speaker 2: So there's something really cool about that.
Speaker 7: There's a there's a satellite that was launched I think it was in December.
Speaker 2: It's the Ligno SAT satellite.
Speaker 7: It's a it's a Japanese satellite that's primarily made of wood, and it has some interesting aspects to its communications capability.
Speaker 2: They haven't published how.
Speaker 7: To interact with that yet, but I keep trying to interact with it to see if I can figure it out before they get it published.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so I try to get involved in some of those other things as well.
Speaker 7: Oh yes, I mean in most cases, in most cases, they're circularly polarized right because they're tumbling right in space. So you certainly will do very well if you've got a circularly polarized antenna, or you can do it the way I like to do it by hand and just right. You just rotate the satellite and you just listen to it. So, but there are some cool things, right, you can pull s STV images off of the internet National Space Station, so that's a related aspect as well. So yeah, there's there's lots of things that you can do besides just talking to people.
Speaker 2: Garbage. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there's a great channel out there called Save for Parts and uh, you know that guy.
Speaker 2: I would love to meet that guy.
Speaker 7: Sometimes he's just a wild man, but he's great at taking you know, those kind of derelict pieces of satellite equipment and refurbishing it, reusing it, hacking into different satellites, right, trying to figure out what frequencies they're on, how they're configured, and pulling data off them. So yeah, that's that's an aspect of the hobby. I've not got into some of those things. I'd love to talk to him though. He's got a lot of great knowledge and he's got a really great channel too. If you guys have not seen Save for Parts, check him out.
Speaker 2: He's a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: I keep seeing meshtastic messages, I know, I noticed occasions across my screen.
Speaker 2: There nodes, messages all, yeah. Stuff.
Speaker 1: A lot of a lot of people, a lot of people in the Mettastic system.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's fun stuff. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh So in the in the in the Going Home series that you're you're reading now, so like around book eight or nine, they meet up with the guy that brings them Yeah the spoiler alert, this doesn't ruin the story at all though. They meet up with the guy that brings them images of a storm of from a satellite of a storm that's coming into the area, and they're like yeah, and they're like, how did you get this? And he's like, well, I mean that the satellites are still up, we just don't have anything to read it. He's like, I built an antenna and I and he talks about how he does that and like so he's monitoring, Like he's like he is Noah weather now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he's no weather now.
Speaker 1: So it's like, okay, so you could actually read the images from the satellite. A common person, if they know what they're doing, can read the images from the satellites and get data that way.
Speaker 7: Yeah, for sure, there's there's uh, there's satellites that published the information and how to pull those images. And one of the things that the Safe for Parts guy does is he pulls some of those images from military satellites which are not published, right, which requires a bit more.
Speaker 2: Tinkering or you know what.
Speaker 1: Some they call hacking, but we'll call it tink We'll call it tinkering.
Speaker 2: We'll call it tinkering.
Speaker 9: I know.
Speaker 7: Hey, that's that's his argument and I support them. But yeah, there's uh, there's satellites up there that are that are sending information to Earth and it's there for the for the taking if you can, if you can figure it out, that's good.
Speaker 3: So you.
Speaker 2: Had a couple of questions about the you're smoking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just became.
Speaker 2: Welcome to intro.
Speaker 1: Oh, welcome to intro. Thank you, Steven. I know you've been there before, so thanks for This is a charter Oak Rothschild. It's a little short stick. It's like maybe a forty six ring gauge, I don't know. And it's like a like a almost like a mini Robusto. It's a great, great smoke for something quick and easier if you don't have much time type thing.
Speaker 2: So or not the third cigar of the evening, or it's.
Speaker 1: The third cigar of the evening. Yeah, so comes if you guys are at handcashion go see Dave at v h Q. X go see his booth, and uh he gave me the so because he's a great dude, and uh, he just likes spending money on cigars for some reason.
Speaker 7: And now Dave's gonna have you know, one hundred people show up and say, hey Dave, Yeah, I hear.
Speaker 1: Don't ask him for a cigar, No, just go see his his awesome antenna that he's got. But if you already cigar person, he will talk cigars with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, trade a cigar with him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do some trades with him. That's a great idea. So a free cigar with every antenna.
Speaker 2: Hey, always a salesman.
Speaker 1: I don't think you know, I don't think. I don't think Jay Zu, Kenwood or Icon are going to say that this weekend. So you know, that's that's pretty unique, right there.
Speaker 3: I heard it first.
Speaker 1: Yeah, free cigar with the purchase of a v h Q Hex three.
Speaker 3: You go.
Speaker 1: Inside the building, right, he said, I'll even light.
Speaker 2: It for you. Hey, I see Adams out there.
Speaker 1: Hey, Adam K six am, Yes, sir, that's up Adam.
Speaker 8: Dude.
Speaker 1: Look oh good, He's gonna be nice to day this year. Good to see you this year, Adam. Looking forward to it, buddy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, somebody's raffling.
Speaker 1: That is l rolling on the floor laughing. How old are you? Tim?
Speaker 2: Now? The question is the question is Tim? What's that meaning? The Navy?
Speaker 1: Right right?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: Scott says he'll be here Saturday.
Speaker 1: Cool Scott, which k M four V V J okay, good stealth GTI Scott. I wonder if he's coming, oh, because I didn't see his car out there today, so I was wondering if he was going to be hearing on because he's been here in the past.
Speaker 2: So see Ed's out there saying hello.
Speaker 1: Hey Ed ac three IK yep, yeah, what's good deal?
Speaker 2: Hey Phi Philly.
Speaker 7: Eds started a YouTube channel, so go check that out if you guys haven't been watching that yet.
Speaker 2: Okay, see I got you, Ed, I got you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. Cool, Well, tell people about your channel. I'm gonna I'm gonna change the hot seat up Robert.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sure. So it's digital Rancher on YouTube.
Speaker 7: You'll see digital Rancher with a three as the last E and the U and rancher on X.
Speaker 2: I know somebody else already stole it, so don't give me any don't give me any business there.
Speaker 7: Well, but I do a lot of satellite stuff. I've been doing a lot of fantastic stuff. It's just a lot of fun. And then just any other kind of quirky thing that catches my attention at the time. Uh, you know, nine it is ham radio related, a little bit of Linux stuff, just a weed a little bit. I've been doing some stuff with some laptops and upgrades, some little things like that. But uh, of its ham radio and I'm just having fun with it.
Speaker 1: Really good satellite. Do you want to know about satellites or even meshtastic? Robert actually knows more than I do about meshtastic. I usually call him and say, how do you do this thing? So it's really good?
Speaker 2: Well, no, I would I do that.
Speaker 10: I didn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't say that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, we'll see. So thanks man, thank you for being here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who's next? Do you want to drive somebody?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, because I want him to talk. I want you to talk about the day out thing.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: And then oh and by the way, here's the handoff. Yeah, there's the handoff. By the way, those of you who are on win link, Jason has been getting me more interested in win link, and I'll give credit to Mike kdem Erdy. We did some win Link stuff at Winterfield Day. Now, I've had a win link account for like three maybe four years something like that. I'm not new to it, but I'll use it very commonly. Send me a win Link email. I will reply to you if correct me if I'm wrong. If you're sending it from like a Gmail or a regular email address, it's just your call sign at winlink dot org.
Speaker 11: Correct. Okay, Now, you got to defeat the spam filters. So in the subject line, if you're sending from an Internet account, yes, you need to put forward slash forward slash w L two k in the very first part of the subject line. That will bypass all of the spam filters. Otherwise it will not come through from an Internet account. Now, if you're sending win Link to win Link, that never gets till you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, win linked to wind Link is easy. If you have a win link account, send me a win Link email. I sent several emails to people earlier today and yesterday. So and I did some location spot and some position reports from the park today and from our campsite here yesterday. That position reporting thing is really cool. It's just something I just recently learned about. But okay, so forward slash forward slash w L two k win link two thousand.
Speaker 11: Yes, okay, and spell it right, not like Mike.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't spell it like like Mike's fell stuff. Okay, all right, So we are doing I say we you guys are doing with the Daytona Beach Amateur Radio Club.
Speaker 11: Is that correct, Daytona Beach Amateur Radio Association Association. Okay, I'm not really a part of that. I've just tried to help promote it.
Speaker 1: Gotcha.
Speaker 11: It's the APRS day Out, yes, uh. And for more information on that, you can actually go to tiny dot CC Forward Slash Day Out and that's got all of the details. But basically, if you're here on site, we're running one five eighty five for the frequency and then the APRS path is Temp one one, So don't run your normal wide one one wide two to one. You want to run Temp one one. And all of those details are at tiny dot CC Forward Slash Day Out.
Speaker 1: It's been kind of a cool thing to uh to see.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 1: I've seen like what eight or nine stations on.
Speaker 7: It so far.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I me and that it hadn't even started and had yeah, hamm Cashon hadn't even started yet technically, so we've seen eight or nine stations on it. I've got Miken wib seventy four on it and it's working great and we send some messages back and forth.
Speaker 11: And we do have Mike Aati Marde programmed for that.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, he was actually able to configure a radio, which is an accomplishment for Mike. So well, it's an accomplishment for APRS for Mike and he is his own enemy wors sending me on that as well. But yeah, it's yeah, so it's it's just a different frequency with a different path and it's just here at ham Kshon. It's kind of a neat thing. It's a cool way to see how APRS works on a smaller scale. Yes, you can see how it works on a smaller scale to get a better picture of how it works on a larger scale when you're out and about in the world. Right, okay, right, cool, so good, pretty.
Speaker 11: Cool stuff to do, and uh, everything is staying here local. The Daytona Beach Amateur Radio Association's got a dig you Peter set up so even the hds are easily heard. That's on a pretty good antenna. Uh, and we'll reb podcasting basically cover the entire fairgrounds here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with that digit Peter good good so.
Speaker 11: And if you want to know how to configure your radio, if you do, go to that tiny dot cc forward slash day out. There's directions there from a video that I did for both the Kenwood D seventy five and the Yazoo FT five okay, which are the probably the most popular radios on the market right now. For APRS.
Speaker 1: The Kenwood D seventy four is exactly the same as the Kenwood D seventy five. The menus are almost identical. Yeah, they're they're pretty much ichentical, and the FT three is fairly similar, yeah.
Speaker 11: Other than a few little changes there. It's if you follow the FT five directions, you'll be able to fight your way through it on an FT three.
Speaker 1: Okay. But the Mike set it up on his his VGC radio, yes, okay.
Speaker 11: Now I didn't cover that in the video, so I don't have directions for that, but yes, it's possible with a VGC radio with the UV Pro, which is that sister radio.
Speaker 1: The Beattech yep.
Speaker 11: And you can even do it in APRS Droid.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's right. Yeah, you can change the path. I mean, apr astroid is very powerful anyway, so I've never tried changing the path, but I know where that setting is.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 11: No, you can absolutely do it with aprs SKA.
Speaker 1: So you could aprs droid to like with a dig you rig to any radio really, if you have it a movie lank droid, did you rig well?
Speaker 11: And the cool thing is if you're running those VGC or the UV pro with a Bluetooth TNC, you can connect that right up to apr astroid yep and configure it to run that way.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 11: So yeah, I'll find that a little easier than using the VGC software.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah. The first thing I did with my BTech was connected to apr as droid. When the beta kiss T and C Farmer came out, upgraded that connected it to aprs stroid on my Android phone and it worked beautifully. There was no problem at all. It's a good system.
Speaker 12: So Jody's saying that he needs a new poster to hang up in his bedroom wall, and what's no one there's going to be an updated ham Tubers group photo.
Speaker 1: I just decided that to pray, well, we'll get one. This weekend. We'll get one this week. I was gonna take one at the PoTA Park and you know, people started clearing out shortly after we got there. I don't know if there's a hidden meaning behind that or not, but you know, uh it was. It was right after the pizza was done also, so that's probably more likely, but it was. I don't know, but but yeah, yeah, chat. Oh, my wife is in chat. Hey, honey, Noles in chat? What's up? Dude? Hey, Noah sent you a message on discord. I was wondering the updates on the thing we were talking about last last week. So no, rush Man, I'll get with you next week. Good deal, anything else. I can't see the chat from my phone because my phone's right there. You guys are watching from my phone, So all these guys are watching the chat for you.
Speaker 2: Uh u.
Speaker 5: D R wants you to get dipole from tar Heels so.
Speaker 1: You can do some testing, and a die pole from tar Heel where they used the two target. I would love to let me tell you something that tar Heal what he calls the little HP pro that I did a video on. He's got a manual version where you just move it up and down. It's not like motorized. And then he's got a motorized version now too. That thing is freaking awesome. It is a great antenna. If it comes it doesn't, I don't remember if it comes with the tripod or it has a tripod, but it has a tripod that you just set on the ground. So if you go to a PoTA park, a national park somewhere where you don't you they don't like you hanging stuff in trees or drilling stuff into the ground, it just sets right there on the ground. It's got an adjustable vertical antenna. I've activated half a dozen parts with that. It works very well. So I'm gonna take one of my new in fact, I need to get that new uh. I'm gonna show off that new explorer bag. I'm gonna take one of my explorer bags and put just that tar heel stuff in it, and it's gonna be. It's gonna be. That's gonna be one of the packs that I carry when I'm on road trips. But yeah, I'll I'll talk to Robert. He's gonna be here. Targ Hill's gonna be here this weekend from tar Hill Designs dot com. Go check out that website and I'll talk to him about getting one of their pools. I'd love to have one. But he says that. When I was talking to him at hand vention, he says he has people hang those in their attic if they're in an h o A oh wow, He'll he'll have people hang those in their attic. And he's like he's people give good reports about it. He's like, hey, it's better than nothing. Right, you can't have an antenda at your house. So that's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: So is a byepole?
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, there's two. Yeah. So it's got a center load where you mount it, and then it's got a motorized version that's hurt horizontally on either side with a whip and then the motor. The motor moves in and out simultaneously on both sides. Yeah, he has pretty slick He had those at him mention. I was like, man, that is a cool system, but it's not as good as a hex being put his starring close, So anything else, I think that's it? Okay, man, thanks for being here.
Speaker 11: Yeah, absolutely, who's next?
Speaker 1: You want the hot seat? Are you sitting there because you want the hot seat?
Speaker 5: Or okay? Okay, all right, I'm a local.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, yeah, you are a local. You could just yeah, just there you go. So what's up?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Good?
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Good?
Speaker 1: Tell everyone your name and your call sign.
Speaker 8: I'm Sean KK for Golf Delta, Mike live in the area. Got my license, uh three ham Cations ago. Okay, I got the general and Tech on first visit, and then last year got my extra which is cool that I couldn't do thisir you know, because you have to study for the test and be ready on Friday morning. Oh yeah, that's the best time to take your test. If you're going to do it a Ham Casions, do it Friday.
Speaker 1: Get out of the way. Don't clutter up your Saturday with trying to take a test. You missed the whole show that way, because you're working at it.
Speaker 2: You do.
Speaker 8: And uh so this year I'm able to enjoy it, bring out the camper and chill it with you guys.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 8: But and I've done the PODA last year and this year. I didn't know about it year prior.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I.
Speaker 8: Enjoying it hand radio and there's so many parts of it that I've been getting sidetracked into. Meshtastic is my new endeavor. Okay, I don't have any meshtastic equipment now, but that will be solved after Saturday.
Speaker 1: There's at least two mess Tastic vendors here this weekend, first time, but I think it's the first time that Seed has been here. Yeah, first time they've both been here. So yeah, the mesh Tastic is entering the ham radio world and doing well, doing well. I mean, it's it's it's open source, it's it's on an itsm ban on nine hundred megrants at least in the USA it is, so it's public ban. Anybody can use it. You don't have to have a license to use it. But hams are all about communication and it's just another form of communication. So it's it's been real popular with that.
Speaker 8: And I looked at their map and where I live in northwest Orlando, no nine noes, not one node, nothing, And I'm a little disappointed at the participation that this area has had. Some wanting to put a note up, uh, you know, one public like maybe out an outdoor external one sure, and then play with a couple of small units, you know, by myself, but.
Speaker 2: Just because you don't see them on the internet. Metchastic map doesn't mean that they're not there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they have to go and manually add those, so they might actually be nodes out there that you don't know about. Yeah. Yeah, So what I would do if I were you going there tomorrow, there's going to be local HAM radio clubs around the Orlando Ham Radio clubs and local suburb hand radio clubs, and just go up through their tables and ask them if they've ever done anything with mess tasting, because some HAN radio clubs are actually buying into it and putting up nodes and whatnot. I know that's true in my area in Texas, so it wouldn't surprise me there's someone out here doing something even if there's not on the map. So I'm a I'm a big cyclist.
Speaker 8: I'll let you ride on bicycle to work and stuff forward for at T and uh and I had like a sixteen mile ride to work that I've been wanting to put a mesh tastic node on my handlebars.
Speaker 1: That's a great idea. That's a great idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: That's a wonderful idea. Yeah, hopefully be a repeater. So so Frank and Rob flew to Orlando from from DFW and they each had their best tastic nodes on the same flight, and they were messaging each other back and forth on the plane. Please turn off all of your communications devices.
Speaker 4: Sure, we will.
Speaker 8: I think they say cell phone. So the cell phones? Yeah, yeahs on.
Speaker 1: The cell phone radio was off. Obviously you know what they're they're playing. Didn't crash or didn't run into a blackhaw helicopter. So I think it. I think it's all good, you know, don't give you the thumbs up. You know, it was a safe activity, a safe activity.
Speaker 5: There you go.
Speaker 2: Where we got that.
Speaker 1: You're playing?
Speaker 8: Communications is in one Yeah, it's like a m yeah, yeah, it's we're nice each other all.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't think it does. I think that's a holdover from a long time ago when the instruments were maybe more susceptible to r f I. But I don't think cell phones actually do interfere with them. Now that's my own personal opinion. I don't know that. Don't quote me. There a problem by now the smoke detectors, is they interfered with smoke detectors. I had not heard that. Okay, all right, well, we don't want those working anyway. Yeah, yeah, yeah, totally sweet. Well, thank you Sean, thanks for being here.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: It's good. Good to meet you. Good to see you and all that were at Monticano last year.
Speaker 8: We were like three sites away from you, but we got there a day after everybody else came. We didn't know you need to come a day early, so we missed all that. Did we keep you up at nice?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Okay, because we were up pretty late on Friday night, so yeah, yeah, yeah, I saw the big green trailer there.
Speaker 8: Oh, there you go. That thing is.
Speaker 5: I don't know that. That is a cool training machine.
Speaker 11: Bill.
Speaker 1: Once you come up in the hot seat next, buddy, you're up. Thanks Sean, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Give build that to microphone there.
Speaker 5: Nice to meet you, man, good to see you, and thank you for the compliment.
Speaker 1: Bill's gonna take the hot seat next, honey. Man.
Speaker 9: I'm having a good time, man, I always have a good time at these events, hanging out and Russell Russell as I put the mic on. Yeah, just got a nice compliment on my trailer. Hanging out with good people and uh having a good time. The event today, The Toad's Event Coffee and Ham Radios Coffee and Ham radios.
Speaker 5: The event was nice. I was starving. I got the wolfed down four pieces of pizza. That was plenty for everyone.
Speaker 1: Right, there was leftovers at the end of the day.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and then uh just sat around chatting with people, making re meeting old acquaintances.
Speaker 5: So it was a good time. So it was it was nice.
Speaker 9: I'm glad I got to come out early, right, and uh gonna see you know, got to see these other events and uh relax into the place.
Speaker 5: Got a little compoun going right here.
Speaker 9: There's about one, two, three, four, five six RVs in our little podep and everybody's sitting around.
Speaker 5: Smoking crs, playing with their mesh.
Speaker 9: There's been more mesh tastic talk here than Ham Radio or maybe fifty to fifty there.
Speaker 1: See, most of the talk here has either been aprs or mesh tastic one you're right, one yes, yeah, one, the PRS or messagestic Yeah, and we're we're mostly monitoring one forty six four five simplex as well. Although did did we decide to change Jason? Did we just decided to change that? Five?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: What do you have to So so we've we've been on one for five, but earlier this afternoon somebody was using Fusion digital on that frequency. So if we noticed that, uh, there's too many people using fusion or maybe it's d START. I think it was fusion, some kind of dvmote simplex on that frequency, we might switch to one forty six stop four to eight, but so far we're on one forty six four five, So you guys look for us. There a lot of activity on six top five two. Of course, we're just trying to move some of the activity off of the main channel. So but it's good Bill what you were talking about early or you were talking, well, oh, did you make any CW contacts with your cat?
Speaker 5: I did not.
Speaker 9: I was running my mouth chatting with everybody. I actually I did not. At the park, I didn't pull it out. Maybe I'll get another chance here, but I pulled it out when we got back here. Of course it's not a park. Mike in for Fox Fox Fox was doing something. I think he might have been doing the PODA. He came up on my hand alert, so I was trying to get him. But the bands were coming in and out today, so there was a lot of fading, like i'd hear whoever he was talking to. So I didn't hear a c q r q r z. I'd hear whoever you was talking to, and it would just fade all.
Speaker 2: The way out and.
Speaker 9: I didn't hear anything that gave me a point to jump in. So I listened for a while. So I did pull out the kh one here at the at the command post, at.
Speaker 1: The compound, at the compound compound, No, this is the Texas compound. That's Texas. There five people from Texas here. Tennessee's close enough to Texas here. Where are they from?
Speaker 2: Carolina?
Speaker 1: South Carolina? Okay, that's good enough, I guess.
Speaker 5: So, yeah, honorary Texas.
Speaker 1: Honorary Texans. Been to Texas a few times. Yeah, so Texas outnumbers most people here.
Speaker 5: I was based in Houston for a while, so I have lived in Texas. I lived in Houston.
Speaker 1: You're thinking about moving back?
Speaker 5: Thinking about it, man, thinking about it?
Speaker 1: Moving You can do field Day in winterfield Day with it's a much easier field.
Speaker 5: Winterfield Day is a blast down there in Galveston.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had a good time with it last year.
Speaker 5: So what what is what are you excited about for this one? As far as what we're gonna.
Speaker 1: See Hamcashon, I am. I am excited to see Spec five here as a mesh tastic vendor. Seed Studios as well, they're gonna be here M and L Electronics or whatever they are. Somebody's watching the live stream, but uh so I'm excited to see them. I'm excited for the new the new Icon radio, the IC seventy seven sixty, which has been in retail stores for about a month. I think I assume I assume that Icon will have one of those displayed here because they've been people who have ordered them, they've been shipping.
Speaker 11: I did there, street, Yeah, yeah, there.
Speaker 1: I saw a post on Facebook from Ray like about a month ago saying we're starting to ship these to the retailers h ro O, mt C, Giga Parts, and so pre orders from those websites have been going out. I don't know how many. I don't think they've all been filled, but you know, they're starting to fill orders for those.
Speaker 5: I don't know how I missed that, but I'm not in the market for another.
Speaker 1: Big radio, right, Yeah, but I would, but I would love to get it, says no. I would have to get a video about that this weekend. So just assuming that, assuming that Icon has those radios here at their booth this weekend, which I assume they will. I'm gonna get a video about them.
Speaker 5: I want to see a prototype of the new Yay soup.
Speaker 1: I'm hoping that Yesuo has a prototype something knock at q REP. Yeah, which one? The twenty seven thirty B might be here, y'all. That's true release biable. I'm not gonna buy one, but Biable like released.
Speaker 2: Like arriving in stores next week.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so that would be a big surprise. That would be nice if they actually had them here for sale. Yeah, I've seen retailers do that kind of thing before. Guess what early release by right here?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, at full retail because it's brand new, the twenty seven thirty B or the seventy seven sixth I that radio has been out long enough now, they started shipping your retailers long enough now that it would not make sense that they did not have one. So I assume that they do have one.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I won't recognize it. I'm used to seeing it as a bunch of boards laid out.
Speaker 1: It looks like a seventy six to ten but upgraded.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I know y'are.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if it's not in pieces, we may not know what it is.
Speaker 12: Seventy seven sixty is deliverous four days or in Canada.
Speaker 1: So well, okay, good deal. So yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing that signal is new here too. Signal Stick is here, Ham Study Ham Study was Signal stick is here, armorlock is here for the first time. Spec five is here for the first time. There was like fifty you guys didn't see my live stream from two sundays ago. Michael from the Hamcass staff was on the live stream. He said there were fifteen new vendors at Ham Cash this year and he named them all off and I several of them I didn't recognize. But but we're gonna when we walk through tomorrow, we're gonna try to pick out the new folks and see what's going on there. So be Goaly Keys is back always. I saw them earlier today. MESSI employee Stefano's here. Giga Parts was setting up earlier. Who else, uh.
Speaker 2: What? At the at the the station they always set up.
Speaker 1: The special events station events.
Speaker 2: Okay, so they have a setup.
Speaker 1: The have nine five setup that you can operate at the special Events station okay, okay.
Speaker 2: With all the different high frequency bands.
Speaker 1: S HF super high frequency okay, okay, sweet, yeah, that'll be cool.
Speaker 2: Advice is if you're gonna buy gullic Key, buy it here.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, definitely.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you've got a buddy that's here and you want to begali key, have your buddy pick it up and pay him when he gets back, because I think it's forty bucks right at forty bucks just for the shipping, so it's best to pick him up here.
Speaker 2: Then's the six k.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Also, Smitty's here yep, Smitty is here yep.
Speaker 9: Halibate alibates oh h I s oh yeah said standards, and the egg beater yeah yeah, eggnogs for this dog, yeah sat.
Speaker 5: He makes eggnogs for SATIN.
Speaker 1: For SatNOGS.
Speaker 2: Frequency for weather satellite.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, good, good, good, I'm gonna have to get I had them on what I had them on my channel a couple of years ago when O H I s S first came out, So that was a that was a cool program to tinker with for a little bit. But good, Okay, what are you looking for to bill? You're gonna buy something this weekend? Well, yeah, I took all your cash already.
Speaker 9: But yeah, I bought a radio from Jason, So I I want a signal stick for that radio.
Speaker 5: Yes, I need to get over to Flex and ask them a question.
Speaker 9: So yeah, and there's a there's a couple other little things, but you know, there's you always see something, go I gotta have that. Oh yeah, oh wow, I gotta have that. So but I don't have I just bought an antenna. So I'm right now. I'm out of the antenna business. And I'm just glad to be here.
Speaker 1: To hang out.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, that's a shame of it.
Speaker 1: That's the good good of it.
Speaker 5: I hang out.
Speaker 1: That's the best thing about these shows like this is just the camaraderie and the fellowship and the hangout and stuff. So absolutely, glad you're here, man, Glad you're able to get off work.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I appreciate you making room for me.
Speaker 1: So we rented a tailor. As you guys, if you've watched my live streams, you know, we rented a trailer from a local guy. It sleeps five of us in there. It's a thirty five foot bumper pool Jco, which is pretty cool. We were comfortable in there last night, but we were talking earlier today about possibly renting a trailer this size roughly for ham Vention, because I've had a spot. I've had a spot reserved at ham Vention for the last three or four year or something like that, and I usually pull my trailer down there. But I think it's going to be cheaper too, because my trailer will only sleep three people, depending on which trailer I have at the time, and if it falls apart between here and there, so so, but my trailer only sleeps three people me and two other people. But if I can rent something locally in the Dayton area that'll sleep five or six people, and then we can split the cost between everybody and I don't have to drive the thing back and forth from Dayton to Texas at and back. Then it might be a better plan to do something like that. So we're looking at doing that for him mention coming up in May. It's just an idea we hatched earlier this morning, and nothing set in stone yet, but I'm gonna do some research on it and see what we can find. So all these guys have claimed beds in it already, I think for watching out appreciate you guys watching for sure. Good deal but where did Tim go? I was gonna call on him next Tim, Tim, you want to sit down.
Speaker 5: Here's the hot seat. Okay, hey guys, he's gonna say, plug yourself.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm Bill tell M Radio Techtonics at Bill dash HRT.
Speaker 5: Go on over there, subscribe.
Speaker 9: Some of my videos might be something you're interested and you might find something that maybe.
Speaker 5: You aren't but might help somebody else. So see you over there. Totally.
Speaker 1: Thanks Bill, Thanks man play, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 4: You've worked that whole stick out.
Speaker 1: It's not Bill's first time on my channel. There you go, Tim with gray Man Poda.
Speaker 4: You r a y spelled the American way.
Speaker 1: That's right. What's up, buddy? How you do it?
Speaker 4: I'm doing pretty good? How about yourself?
Speaker 2: Pretty good?
Speaker 4: This has been been a fun, exciting adventure.
Speaker 1: And it's uh huh and it just started and its just technically it hadn't even really started yet. It starts at nine o'clock tomorrow morning.
Speaker 4: It's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but uh, I always liked I always like to get here early because this is this is a fun time to me just to hang out do the poda thing. Got a new park activated today, a new park in my own logbook. I'm at ninety three unique parks activated.
Speaker 2: That is cool.
Speaker 1: So I'm working towards that. So I need seven more parks to get to a hundred unique parks activated. So that's one today that I got that.
Speaker 3: That's cool, you know.
Speaker 4: And it's nice thing, especially when you get an opportunity to drive around the country. Yes, to have something to do while you're there.
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, just it's not just going and showing up in a in a different state or something like that. You actually have something to do to uh as a as an activity or as a destination when you're there. Now, I don't know about your wife. My wife, you know, we went on that staycation. She's like, oh, there's there's a parko there, you can do a poda. Ten parks later she was like, I don't think I should have said that to you.
Speaker 3: Hey, we had fun though.
Speaker 4: We had I had fun.
Speaker 1: My wife has planned as a trip for this coming July where we're going to drive to Colorado and there's four national parks in Colorado. So we're going to make a circle around Colorado and hit all four of those national parks and we're gonna stay and we're gonna rent cabin. We're not gonna do any tent camping when we're gonna rent cabins in almost every national park or nearby somewhere. And I'm going to activate the natural parks and one one point time, we're going to go down to four corners. I'm gonna activate it four times because you just walk across the border. You activate it from this state. I walk across the border from this state. So you you can't do all four states at once because you have to be in the state.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I thought, I think that's weird.
Speaker 1: Where Yeah, it's a little weird, right, yeah, exactly places they.
Speaker 12: Should they should make a special exception specifically for four corners to stand right on the medallion.
Speaker 1: I would yeah, I'd be okay with that, but uh yeah, but yeah, I mean that way, you can activate four states in like half hour. So because you just tell everyone once you get activated in the first stage, just like all right, and one stand by, I'm gonna step ten feet to the right.
Speaker 4: But it's the same part, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the same entity. It's just you know, how you go like a like a historical trail, right will travel through many states or a natural park and when you when you if you have an updated piece of software like Hammers or Polo or something, you go in there and you say, I'm at this park, and I'll ask you, well, what state you're in, and then you put in the state and then you go from there. So that's how I'm gonna do four Corners. So that's gonna be a fun activation this coming July.
Speaker 5: But that's it.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be a total poda uh coda rich and filled with poda trips. So that's gonna be fun.
Speaker 4: Sounds like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So have you ever been out there?
Speaker 5: I have not.
Speaker 12: When I was in the Navy, I drove from Virginia Beach where I was stationed to Indiana, from Indiana down through Dallas, Texas all the way across, and I've never wanted I've never wanted to drive ever again.
Speaker 2: After that.
Speaker 1: Once you drove from from Dallas to El Paso, you were done.
Speaker 4: I was, Oh my god, that was that was an entire day itself.
Speaker 11: Yeah, holy cow.
Speaker 5: All I saw was Texas.
Speaker 3: I saw every vegetation type I saw.
Speaker 4: I saw a desert, I saw rainforest, I mean I saw it.
Speaker 1: I saw everything. Yeah that's great. Yeah, yeah, that is a trick. I've made it a couple of times myself, but that was that was quite a bit. But good, well, thanks for being here man, Well thank you. Anything else to well? Tell the audience where they can find you.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm on gray manpodent dot com.
Speaker 12: You can find me on all the socials, but YouTube, Rumble, u X, Instagram, even Facebook for for.
Speaker 4: Those of you still use Facebook. That's that's probably the best place to find me.
Speaker 1: And Tim had an overlanding channel before his ham radio channel.
Speaker 4: I did.
Speaker 12: Yes, that's that's overlanding the number four fun so overlanding for fun and same thing overlanding for for fun dot com.
Speaker 1: And you can and you came. You came to the more expo with this last year. Yes, so then we're going back to that in April of this year. So you guys prepare for that.
Speaker 4: Look looking forward to that.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 4: And uh, we we're gonna be able to bring a full.
Speaker 1: Camper end of this time or no, we're gonna tin camp. We're gonna I like tin camping at that that is true. Yeah, that's more of a tin camping. It's a little bit more chilly. But I'm bringing the gazebo back. We're gonna have the fire ring. That's true. And that was that was a pretty comfortable situation, A hot tent smoke.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it was a little bit of everything. But I tell you what when it was what was it about? Thirty degrees out, twenty degrees out?
Speaker 1: It w wasn't it wasn't below freezing. I think it was like high thirties, low forties, something like that.
Speaker 4: Either way, with the the with the fire ring inside the tent.
Speaker 1: Nice and nice and warm and toast hunter, yes, us. And it might have been filled with cigar smoke.
Speaker 5: I don't remember.
Speaker 3: We're not telling.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you have to you have to come, that's right and find out for yourself.
Speaker 1: That's right. So thanks man here, So who's who's next? Frank? Grab that new Explorer bag behind you leaning against the camera, the new one. No, no, they have some here at the show. So the one without the straps is that it? Yeah, that's it. That's it, And go ahead and give the mic to Frank. You want to sit down and get Frank. Okay. So this is the brand new Explore bag and you can't really see it in the camera, but this is a waterproof material. That they're calling a waterproof.
Speaker 10: Saiale.
Speaker 1: I already forget, I already forget what that it's. It's what they make waterproof sales for out of sailboats, like competition racing sales for. So it's a it's a waterproof sale cloth, salecloth. That's new waterproof sale cloth. So you pour a bottle of water on this and you'll see it just bead right down. And if you can see it right there, it's got red Stitching's that's the Ham Radio two point zero version with red stitching. There's one hundred of these and then they're gone. It's a limited run one hundred of these. They've got four hundred of these that are in the regular five hundred near material that's just got the total black stitching, black bag black stitching. But there's a Ham Radio two point zero version right there that's got red stitching. And once those are gone, they're gone. We'll probably do something else later on, but it will not be the same thing. So this one, the waterproof version, is ninety eight dollars. Here at the show, they've got about seventeen of them for sale, and they've got more coming in. But they they got some expedited shipping to have it hammcashion, So they got seventeen of these. The regular five hundred denier version with the black stitching is sixty nine dollars and they've got eighteen of those here at the show. So go up to Gigaparts and tell them you want one of their brand new Explorer bags. I did a video about this a week or so ago, and uh, it's it's gonna be. It be a great backpack. It's got the load leveling straps on it. It does not have the belt strap on it, but it has this little pocket right here on the back where you can add your own belt if you want to. Okay, right in there. So very cool looking bag. Got the patch on the front. You can trade that out with something else. So it's gonna be at the Gigaparts booth this weekend, so go check that out. I'm the microphone.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, what's.
Speaker 2: Up right, man?
Speaker 13: I got dune cooking everything and uh huh cleaned your grill good After you said, hey, I'm gonna be cooking burgers, then hey, Frank, go cook coat burgers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I asked you.
Speaker 4: I asked you to you did you did?
Speaker 3: I'm just giving you a hard time, I know, but yeah, man, I'm relaxing now. I got a Damnon Off cigarh.
Speaker 13: The one, the last Davin Offs I had from Michael Okay my Patreon, Michael Uber Patreon. That would be special to break out and enjoy with everybody. Hey there's another mestastic note.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I keep seeing the messas notifications.
Speaker 3: Across and now I got Buffalo Trace my cup yep, and we do have a we do have.
Speaker 1: A Texas Bourbon bar over here. I got three different bourbons from Texas. Someone brought a bottle of Buffalo Trace and I traded bottles of bourbon with came for Acyk. He brought me a bottle of Tennessee Bourbon and I gave him a bottle of Texas Bourbon, another one that's just his. And then Frank brought some weller.
Speaker 3: I brought roller, so we drank the weller. It's gone.
Speaker 1: We draked some fun.
Speaker 3: But you convinced me.
Speaker 13: So for the longest time, I've been staying away from t X whiskey. About ten years ago I had and it was this vanilla garbage that was only good for mixing.
Speaker 3: They probably still have it, but I've just been staying with it. Was that their thing.
Speaker 1: I think you're thinking of something else. I've literally seen a vanilla Texas whiskey. J Absolutely, you can on my channel.
Speaker 3: Jason brought the TX bourbon.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 3: I said, fine, I'll try it, and all right, you changed my mind.
Speaker 1: So for the last three maybe three years, I think k and fort a Ck has brought me a bottle of Chattanooga whiskey to Huntsville. He just brings it and he hands it to me. I'm like, thank you. And this was kind of before I was into bourbons and whiskeys. So he's part of the reading that I spent so much money at the liquor store. I hope my wife is still watching. It's kind of his fault. It's partly your fault. Two friends. So last year I took him a bottle that Texas bourbon. So there's a TX bourbon and a TX whiskey. The whiskey's good, the bourbon's much better.
Speaker 2: The bourbon's dark, a darker color.
Speaker 1: So to me, it's liken to a natural wrapper cigar or a Moduro cigar. I like the Moduro cigars better. So I've found that I like the darker colored bourbons and whiskeys better. I don't know if that has anything to do with anything wrong.
Speaker 13: Flavors that will complement themselves pretty well. Yes, well, especially if you're just drinking a bourbon and smoking a cigar. You just can't have a light or medium body cigar because all the nilts from the cigar, you're going to lose it. And that's why you need like a more stronger, full body Maduro cigar.
Speaker 1: So I took. So I brought Jason a bottle of t X Bourbon last Huntsville last year, last August, and I gave it to him. We traded, We said thank you, and went out the weekend and I texted him byt a week later. I'm like, so, what'd you think? And I was really scared that he was gonna say, what is this crap? But no, he replied, He's like, damn, that is good. Where can I get more? And I'll bring a cigar, buddy. So, so I brought him a bottle of barrel ages this time. I'm still curious to see how well you're gonna like that, But yeah, it seems to be a.
Speaker 3: I don't think it was open yet.
Speaker 1: No, that one was for him.
Speaker 6: I gave that.
Speaker 3: I gave that to him.
Speaker 1: That's his bottle, So that's not part of the barrow yet. Yeah, that's his private.
Speaker 3: How much I share with the group, I expect a poor Well, if.
Speaker 1: You can talk him out of a poor go for it. That's not that doesn't belong in the bar's.
Speaker 3: I've shared with this group two bottles of Eagle.
Speaker 13: Mckenneth McKellen, Sharon is Karen, and some other super allocated ones.
Speaker 1: So Larsony, Yeah, we we may or may not have completely destroyed a single.
Speaker 13: Brand later, but there was this many people drinking, so yeah, it was an overdose, but we knocked it out.
Speaker 3: It was a blast. So are you having fun so far?
Speaker 6: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: I've been work, you know, it's it has been. It's been cold in Texas for the last three weeks something like that. So a couple of weeks ago, we had a snowstorm yep, and we had a Texas snowstorm. So it was only like an inch or two on the ground, and it lasted a couple of days.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Uh, there was like what four or five days it didn't get above thirty yep. It was like between it was like twenty two twins.
Speaker 13: They were talking about another Arctic blast this weekend or next.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah. So and then and then like the day before I left for this trip, it was eighty two degrees typical Texas. But then like the day after I left, my wife said that there was a cold front blowing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's kind of up and down, but the weather here has been fantastic.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 13: So Robert, me and Robert got to the airport and I grabbed my stuff and I got my hoodie out of the car and he looked at me.
Speaker 3: He goes, throw that back in the car. You're not gonna do.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna need a hoodie, like but the play He's like, you're.
Speaker 3: Not gonna need it. And that plane was hot. Oh yeah, oh it was hot something. It took a while for the AC to finally kick in. But yeah, man, I've been working.
Speaker 13: I shot all video today and a bunch of video yesterday that's cut, edited and uploaded dropping tomorrow morning. Yep, seven am I think Central I don't know.
Speaker 3: I said it for seven.
Speaker 1: A said it for seven, So what Central time?
Speaker 3: Because that's probably where I'm stationed.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's gonna drop.
Speaker 13: That's a pre show walk through the Podah ext avaganza today and us hanging out yesterday and having fun.
Speaker 3: Man, But that's that. That took two hours to upload.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the starlink here is not fast. It is not our fast. I don't know if and like when I set it up last night, there was hardly anybody here in the campsite. So I don't think it's a congestion issue.
Speaker 13: Well I was thinking congestion because I was walking around and I counted at least five starlingks.
Speaker 1: Well, but last night that wasn't true. That wasn't came into that where most of those people came in today. Yeah, so it's yeah, it's it's yeah, I don't know starlink is. It's working, but starlink is not the savior everyone thinks it is.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 1: I'm a starlink fan. I'm not bad mouthing starlink, but is it where you can But.
Speaker 3: It's sometimes it's great. Yeah, sometimes it's so.
Speaker 1: So I am I'm I'm streaming on AT and T right now, my five G connection on AT and T. I'm not connected to starlink with.
Speaker 13: I should have uploaded via my AT and T probably would have been faster, might have been, but I was like, it's here.
Speaker 3: Screw up, plugged the computer in.
Speaker 1: It's working. It's just not it's it's much setting up at the dear least. It's much faster than it is here, much faster.
Speaker 3: So so it could be, well, it could just be local congestion. There would be a lot of Starlink users around here.
Speaker 1: That's that's very possible.
Speaker 3: Just overtaxing that there's a.
Speaker 1: Starlink launch tomorrow morning that several people are going to see.
Speaker 3: Matt and Mike have been twisting my arm to go see that.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I want to do it.
Speaker 1: If this was speculation, as you'll be able to see it from here, but if it's clear, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: We'll regulations.
Speaker 13: They've been twisting my arm getting me to go, and I said no, because I come for the hand fans I've come from.
Speaker 3: Yeah, fans.
Speaker 13: The last thing I want to hear is someone had two hours and miss me because I was not here.
Speaker 1: Well, and apparently there was a launch like on Wednesday morning, yeah, or maybe Tuesday morning. There was two Tuesday, Okay, so next year maybe we could here two days early. Well, if we just go out to the Sterling lunch site. Just sit out there and instead of a special event station, we're gonna be like, hey, Collin c Q Starley's flaw, why not if it was today?
Speaker 3: Hands down?
Speaker 13: Oh yeah, I would have walked through that place so fast and make your head spin. And then on the road I will edit that video and we'll done to Starlink Launch and oh I'm jealous of them. I really wish I could have gone and we would have done the whole the music they have down there, Space Space Museum, that's the last one I haven't seen.
Speaker 1: We should we should take a day, an extra day at the front or the back of our trip next.
Speaker 3: Year, because by the end of this I'm like, yeah, you kind of wipe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you don't have to drive home on Sunday, Frank, So.
Speaker 3: No, I don't play.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 3: I'm smart. I don't think that you're And I got to get back to a job, job, So what are you saying, Frank, Gotta gotta make I'm making that money.
Speaker 1: Somewhere, somewhere, somewhere, somewhere.
Speaker 3: But man, I can't wait. This is awesome. I can't wait till Saturday because you're cooking.
Speaker 1: I'm cooking. Yeah, I'm cooking. Back to Saturday.
Speaker 13: Sad to say, for field Day, I did not get any footage of you cooking way to the steaks.
Speaker 3: Phenomenal steaks, but phenomenal really. Yeah, it was cooked great.
Speaker 1: Robert brings me this whole side of a cow. I saw a cube to cook. It's a tinderloin, and I'm like, all right, I'll try it. But I think he finished it there, So yeah, it turned it turned out okay, didn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, But.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I'm looking for the breakfast yep, eggs and bacon and what else.
Speaker 1: Breakfast sauces that you guys are with that they picked up today, yep. So yeah, So I'm gonna cook and it's gonna be it's gonna be open to everybody. Now, when I say that Saturday, Saturday, Saturday morning, it's gonna be probably probably like nine or ten. So it's not gonna be first thing. I'm gonna go into the show, do some stuff, and then I'm gonna come back here and cook breakfast. People are coming by, welcome to come by and grab something. Once it's gone, it's gone. It's not I'm not feeding fifteen thousand people that are attending Campcasion. There's not enough for that. But we're gonna we're gonna have a thing going on here.
Speaker 3: So oh it's gonna be fun. And I get to watch Jason Cooke breakfast.
Speaker 1: Ah, I gotta, I gotta use it. I told Emily I was gonna buy that Blackstone. She's like, why you don't cook. I'm like, well, it's one way to get me to cook. So dude, do have a Blackstone?
Speaker 3: How much grease that thing? I filled that can from the back today?
Speaker 5: From those burgers?
Speaker 3: Yeah, wow. Those burgers took a while. They were half pound half yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh man, I was like, yeah, I saw those packages. I'm like, oh, Rob had to pick these, look at this and.
Speaker 3: Cook like ten plus minutes.
Speaker 1: To cook those yeah Texas burgers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it took a good bit. Uh but they came out good. And we also had uh.
Speaker 13: Bradworths and Hallowpeo sausage. I think you named the hallopeena sausage.
Speaker 1: Did you cook all of that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, I think I didn't get any of that either.
Speaker 3: But there were a couple of Broughts left.
Speaker 1: Okay, I brought those. I just I went to the store the day before I left it to drive here and I just picked up some stuff, some broughts and whatnot.
Speaker 10: Good.
Speaker 3: Nice, good, good, okay, nice, And this is a great cigar.
Speaker 1: Kyle's cooked smash burgers for us last year and those were really good.
Speaker 3: Well Kyle taught him.
Speaker 5: I cooked him.
Speaker 1: Oh, I thought he cooked well.
Speaker 6: I think Kyle started, start, Kyle started, and you guys did that together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, let's fifty fifty okay, but those.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't know exactly how to do it, but I.
Speaker 13: Think the perfect size for that is quarter pound, because you want small, right, and then you smash it on the thing to about a quarter inch and then they'll kind of plump back up. Plus they still thin. They cook faster, so you can do a lot of them faster.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 13: That was fun, and you don't but y'all are freaking selling me on this Blackstone.
Speaker 3: It's great, Frank, have one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a ki y b Why Joe bretton Chat? What's up, buddy? Yep, yep, I don't know, Joe Brett. There's promenty of camp sites out there. Good. If you left right now, you might make it by tomorrow night. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Robert says, I don't need a Blackstone. I cook on Kyle's, I cook on yours. I just need to show up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you show up, that's true.
Speaker 13: But man, I enjoy it though overall. Yeah, yeah, I do do talk a little bit about it. Yeah, and when we get picked on, but I enjoy cooking.
Speaker 3: It's fun.
Speaker 1: We need to get Frank's beans on the next rotation wherever that is more X.
Speaker 13: But maybe, but we don't have anywhere to wash pots, and that it creates a mess.
Speaker 3: So if we do it and more, I'll probably pre cook them, bring them.
Speaker 1: Well, that's fine.
Speaker 3: Now they probably will make a reoccurrence if.
Speaker 13: Kyle asked at Huntsville, okay, and I'll do another croc pod or pot of them.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: But I cook cut so.
Speaker 13: Many holopios and hobby narrows for that my hands were sensitive from the oils. I was like, dang, And I chalk the hobby narrows up with a fork and knife, so I wasn't touching that.
Speaker 1: You need to get some gloves. You get some of those night before. You've never cooked for fifty people before, no, before Huntsville last year.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so any how, many of you in the chat are gonna be attending tomorrow? How many is anyone watching from the campsite? Anyone add another campsite watching right?
Speaker 13: Yeah, especially if you see me, because I do love doing the line walks. You see me doing the line walks tomorrow, shout out a tank radio. Yeah, and I probably will cut the audio and have it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, take right off.
Speaker 1: So I can't read the chat. So tell me if anybody's see.
Speaker 3: We got Robert watching the chat.
Speaker 1: If anybody, yeah, Robert's watching it. So if anybody's here at the campsite or just here in Orlando watching, you're gonna be here tomorrow, let us know in the chat.
Speaker 13: I actually there are minus this two other new products just walking around.
Speaker 3: I heard about watching this Hamphis.
Speaker 1: From people we know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: Watching. Oh yeah, Sully's over that I met him earlier. Yeah, okay, okay, yep.
Speaker 2: You got somebody who's death valleys.
Speaker 3: Death Valley Valley. That's a I never can't dropping through there. Yeah, yeah, that's kind of just gone by again.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Women have a lot of helicopter fly overs. Yeah yeah, are you gonna bring those things to uh?
Speaker 3: The question is gonna bring them to More Expo. If they're gonna make parents, they'll be re hitting.
Speaker 13: So I'm not gonna be cooking them there because it's just the they pot takes like overnight to soak and there's nothing to clean there.
Speaker 1: So Freddie Mack, who I think is coming back to more this year, had a r V site with water last year. Also, what has water in his hiker we can get We can get some jerry cans and filled with water and a battery powered sprayer, which I mean wanting to get one of those anyway. So all right, so we can make it work.
Speaker 3: Someone cleans the pot.
Speaker 1: Is file volunteering to clean the pots as I see. I know you're in the chat, Kyle. I can see you chatting in there.
Speaker 3: So but the Gazelle compound will be making a return.
Speaker 2: I'll have the hot water.
Speaker 1: He's not cleaning that what Robert said. That's good, But all.
Speaker 13: Right, beams are on and where night that is, make sure you have a beeline to that bathroom.
Speaker 1: Well, Seeing the good thing about more Expo, we all have our own individual tents. We're not sleeping in the same trailers. That'd be a great time to do beans because I mean, you're not going to offend anybody afterwards, so right, no one but yourself.
Speaker 3: I was jealous of you at More though.
Speaker 13: You had the portable AC unit the tent and I'm sitting there like, I'm.
Speaker 3: Kind of cold. I had the cold winter gear this time better and.
Speaker 1: Yeah he Yeah it was a heat. I didn't use the a C Atmore, but it was a boat. Yeah that's what I'm it was the heater.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you had that heater going on. But I was just like, man, yep, yep, here, I am kind of curled up with my little nose out.
Speaker 6: Because yeah, oh diddy, we had the tas of Robert.
Speaker 13: Also there the giant tent that you brought that you could almost literally stand up and.
Speaker 1: You could stand up in that tenth Wow. Yeah, he's saying that the tent he brought to more xpot he could stand up in. Robert could a seven.
Speaker 11: Huh.
Speaker 1: It's the last weekend of April, so it's one week later this year than it was last year. So it's like the twenty five and twenty six, that Friday Saturday whatever it is. So it's uh, looking looking more, We're gonna do so. Chris Holloway, the guy who runs More Expo. I've got him scheduled to come on to a Sunday live stream about a week before that show. We're gonna talk about it a lot between now and then. It's four months, well three months, three and a half months away, so we're gonna be talking about a lot about the more Expo between now and then. We want to get a large a larger than last year him radio community to come to that show. The first year I went, I texted Kyle, I'm like, Hey, I'm going to the show in Missouri. He's like, sure, Yeah, let's go. I can't buy myself. Kyle stayed in a hotel and then he figured out he wanted a hiker trailer and he bought a hiker trailer. After that, the next year we were camping again and it was I don't remember if you came that year or not, but it was just like two or three. It was me, Kyle and Shane, Yeah, Mee, Kyl and Shane that year, and then last year, year number three, there was like eight of us there. So we've been building the Ham Radio presence.
Speaker 3: At that show for the last community to uh.
Speaker 1: I want to keep going with that.
Speaker 3: No, it's the Gazelle Compound.
Speaker 1: Gazelle Compound. Yeah, yeah, like four or five of us had Gazelle tents last year. So it's a it's a fun shows if you like camping and you like outdoor gear, off road gear, and you know there's some radio stuff there. There's we every year we've been there. There's a PoTA park about ten fifteen minutes away. We drive out one day and do a PoTA activation and come back the spot itself. We can't the more expo where it is. It's not a PoTA spot, but there's one very close by. There's actually a couple that are very close by. I think last year we did a historical trail.
Speaker 11: We did it.
Speaker 1: It was a trail activation and that was Freddy Max's first PoTA activation that he never.
Speaker 3: I remember Kyle standing next to that on the wheel well just out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was just like yeah, oh yeah. We were up a little late that night before for sure, but yeah, So that's gonna be a fun event in this show.
Speaker 13: So, Jason, are you gonna be in content creator row? No, you're not gonna get a spot there.
Speaker 1: No, I want to camp with you, with with all you guys. I mean, that's it's it's kind of a neat thing to be over there and talk to those guys. But uh, there's a couple of really good content creators that attend that show.
Speaker 3: But this is what I I hold this to y'all several times.
Speaker 13: I was very surprised when I was walking over there, even at night, because I walked over there one time at night.
Speaker 3: How they weren't conversing with each other.
Speaker 13: So the Hambrado YouTubers were sitting around, we have our own Gazelle compound, and we're just talking up a storm and jumping on Abel's videos.
Speaker 3: But they were very isolationists from each other. This is my ear and that's your area. And I was very surprised about that. I didn't really I expect that.
Speaker 1: I've not been a part of any other community in YouTube. But I have attended a lot of YouTube conventions, VID Summit, Video Marketing World, I'm several others like this and Growth Video Live and virtual sessions online. And I think the ham Radio creator community is more tightly knit than almost any community out there. I mean, I haven't experienced every other community on YouTube. Off roading gun guys, you know, parachute guys, if that exists. I don't know, but you know, Parachute Jesus here Carlos. His new name is Parachute Jesus apparently. But the Ham Radio YouTuber community is a more closely knit community than any of those other communities that I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: The free for all ideas.
Speaker 13: We're all in each other's discord, We're jumping on each other's live streams, and it's just it's.
Speaker 11: Like we're all friends.
Speaker 5: Sudly, we're all friends.
Speaker 3: We're sitting around right now, Sharon whiskey and having.
Speaker 1: Having fun, sharing cigars, sharing cigars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, shirt, Oh thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: I got cigars and some old fashioned about T shirt.
Speaker 1: The T shirt, well that's the hamcom Z.
Speaker 3: Iion hamcongs, iion. Is that going on again?
Speaker 5: I believe it is.
Speaker 1: But I haven't heard from those guys this year yet, so I'm not sure.
Speaker 13: You're not the first person to say they haven't heard from them, and their page is not updated.
Speaker 1: I don't know that.
Speaker 3: That was very fun.
Speaker 1: That was a good show last year.
Speaker 3: I like my over shirt. No one likes my over shirt. My mommy got me. I saw that.
Speaker 1: I saw that at the at the pots. I saw you wearing that. I was like, that's kind of neat.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, okay, and radio duo, what's up here?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Okay, Yeah, you guys coming to Dayton coming, you just come to Huntsville. You should try dating at least. I don't remember what state you guys are in, but uh, are there in Alabama? Alaba?
Speaker 3: Alabama is a hop skip and a stone throw.
Speaker 1: Alabama's a heck of a lot closer to Orlando than Texas is. So you guys don't have an excuse.
Speaker 3: Jason made it Kennestro with the trailer you fly in an airplane.
Speaker 1: He said, maybe, yeah, they live in Huntsville.
Speaker 3: Oh that's easy. Wow, Okay, where where's our Dallas hamcom.
Speaker 1: That's a good question. I don't know.
Speaker 3: We we need to get it.
Speaker 1: Were trying to They were trying to spend something up new for twenty twenty six, but I'm.
Speaker 3: Not sure if it's gonna Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 1: Ca then Frank Frank is whiskey, John.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Whiskey, Jesus, I am I'm taking that monitor. I got the hair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's uh, that's air from Hawaii. You guys remember earlier.
Speaker 1: Every year and yeah, KG six, Uh whiskey India. Yeah, h sid yeah, yeah, yeah, I know who.
Speaker 3: Yeah, get on the air more because I need to get Hawaii.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, vacation. Where do Hawaiians go on vacation?
Speaker 2: Alaka?
Speaker 1: I mean Alaska? Is that hung I mean like Los Angeles, Japan they go to They go somewhere that's congested, smoggy and loud. Yeah, that may make sense. Hawaiians go somewhere that like where you're miserable. You gotta go go be miserable on vacation, right if you live in Hawaii.
Speaker 3: So maybe I should load up the stream and get some comments.
Speaker 1: You guys highlighting me in the chat? I can see it, but I can't read it from here. So somebody highlighted me just there. I didn't see what it said, Bibbilly Ham Sure, yeah, yeah good.
Speaker 2: There a lot of a lot of.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he's the one that has it's in the local club near Springfield, Missouri. Yeah yeah, I been been. Uh every time we talk about more Expo, he pops up in the chat. He's in He's in all the chats.
Speaker 13: Anyway, Kyle, these two guys are giving Jesus a bad Namebee Jesus Barbecue Jesus.
Speaker 2: I'm back to Jesus.
Speaker 1: I would I wouldn't say frank Is Beaner Jesus, but that might get that might get wrong context. I don't know. Yeah, Sapphire Jesus, Sapphire Jesus.
Speaker 11: How's that.
Speaker 2: Fire?
Speaker 3: Sapphire is working? She's on the air again.
Speaker 1: Oh there you go.
Speaker 13: I got her working before the ham fat good. Yeah it was in my Oh crap, I failed video. So let's do something small for a success.
Speaker 3: So we feel good. I fixed her.
Speaker 1: That's good. Yeah, yeah, looking for he'll be Ham'm looking forward to more XO. I'm glad you guys are going to be there this year.
Speaker 2: Robert to ask you how your a PR work, then to drive on.
Speaker 1: Ask me that. Okay, so somebody's asking how Yeah, I did. Somebody's asking how a p R S voice alert on the way out, So I was. I turned on voice alert and I would and I did what I said I was gonna do. I would throw my call sign out on six top five to two about once every couple of hours, every time I came into a metropolitan area uh So, Shreveport, uh Mobile, Jackson, Mississippi. When I would come into a big area, I would throw my call sign out. I never talked to anyone on six out five to two until I got into Florida, and right outside of Pensacola, I reached someone and we had like a five or ten minute conversation and that was cool. And then I caught up with a C case shortly outside of Tallahassee, and of course we talked all the way in because we we caravan dien Wednesday morning. But sadly I never reached anyone on six top five to two driving from Texas until I got to Pensacola. So all the way through Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama, a southern coast of Alabama, I wasn't able to reach anyone on six out five to two. Interesting, so we need to we need where were we are working to change that?
Speaker 3: So flying out though.
Speaker 1: I didn't and I was throwing out my call sign and no one was responding yeah, nobody else.
Speaker 13: So flying out when we had our mess tastic notes on the air, as we got up to climbing over Dallas, all the notes were starting to pop in, but once we hit altitude, no notes either were too fast or that metal hall is just sucking up too much of the signal to get through.
Speaker 5: No, it's not that because there's yeah, I didn't get any.
Speaker 2: First of all, Nick says, you followed Jason on a b R.
Speaker 1: S thank you longer.
Speaker 2: From Long Island.
Speaker 1: From Island from Long Island.
Speaker 2: The Records.
Speaker 1: Has a question t J Records.
Speaker 2: Younger people getting their handle license.
Speaker 1: What's my opinion on younger people getting their hand license? My opinion is they should do it. I mean that's an open that's a pretty open question. So what what do you mean by that? So, I mean, yeah, I think that the answer is yes, Yeah, younger people should get their hand license. Absolutely.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Technology at age.
Speaker 1: Right, and there's a lot of Who was I talking? Oh, I was talking to Jay Christina, the starlink guy. Uh, he's got a Jay Christina is his channel on YouTube. I interviewed him on my channel, and then last week, a week and a half ago something like that, he interviewed me on his channel. So we've each got a corresponding video on each of our channels. And he's a chel No, he's a starlink channel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you interviewed him on your overlinkage.
Speaker 1: No, I interview him on him Radio two point zero no, it was. It was on a Ham radio channel, so so yeah, right, yeah, So he was saying, and uh, I lost my train of thought. I forget what I was going. Oh oh, I remember. So he was talking about a system he had built out of a Raspberry Pie to do a and he had a name for it, and it was basically connecting Sterling and his T mobile system into one router and then the router would choose whatever the stronger network was, so if one went down, the other one would work. And so it was kind of like load balance. It was kind of like load balancing. And he was talking about doing this with the Raspberry Pie and blah blah, and I'm like, dude, there are so many things you can do with the Raspberry Pie and Ham radio. There's there's no shortage of things you can do with Raspberry Pie. People should be hams seriously, because there's there's just a lot of different things you can do with Python scripting and with rasbian or whatever the Raspberry pie os whatever they call it these days. There's a lot of different things you can do with Raspberry Pie and Ham radio, and a lot of people don't realize that. Think so, uh, if if young people are interested in Raspberry Pie projects, then Ham Radio is definitely a place they can learn more about that.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Old people, old people in Ham radio.
Speaker 3: I think we don't think we have.
Speaker 1: I think I think we have. We have that base covered all right. If you're old, I think that not that you're not welcome, but you know.
Speaker 2: When you need courage, young people will take clubs.
Speaker 1: That's right, Yeah, young people courage clubs, right, yes, encourage clubs not to act old and senile and get get young people interested in radios.
Speaker 2: Got his licensed last year. He's seventeen.
Speaker 11: Okay, he's paying for.
Speaker 2: His buddies tests to try to get them involved.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's that's yeah.
Speaker 3: Doesn't the able r L have a reimbursement program for use for youth?
Speaker 1: I think yeah, yeah, it might be sick st it's either sixteen or eighteen to think.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, but that's uh you hey, that's that's taking the south there.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So TJ so you guys can't hear Rob, but TJ records in the chat is saying that he got he's seventeen, he got his license win recently last year, and he's paying for his buddies to take the Ham Radio test to get them. It's M radio, which is pretty cool. That's a cool, cool thing to do. So free do they test here for free? Okay?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 1: Free testing at Handicashion. Yeah, we used to have to pay for the license, but the test itself is free. Okay, Okay, there you go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the thirty five dollars, he can't get around.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, that's that's an FCC fee. But it's a it's a ten year license. So it's three dollars and fifty cents a year for ten years.
Speaker 13: What I got to pay three dollars fifty cents the exercise my right, granma grama gral Right.
Speaker 2: That's that's.
Speaker 1: How many people we have watching now? Uh three nine nine, Thank you for watching, guys, appreciate that. God bless him.
Speaker 13: Considering Frank and Jason at the eighties with Ham Radio and and about and Walkers on this live.
Speaker 1: Style when we're both eighty years old, that's good.
Speaker 13: You know what, I will happily take a Rascal and drive it around the hamcsion.
Speaker 1: You know, by that time I'm eighty years old, we're gonna have like a virtual reality thing and I'm gonna be able to live stream to you guys in like Star Wars three D type thing. So I'm gonna be like this blue image and I'll have a hood on and be like give yourself to the dog side.
Speaker 3: Meet you on eighty eighty. Great again, why do.
Speaker 1: We lose wh That's that's the motion sensored like I'm moving. It might have died, Yeah, it might Maybe it died, Okay, maybe it died. Yeah yeah, well no, I charged it up today, but yeah, I don't think it wasn't full when I took it off though. We got a five dollars Jody, thank you for the super chat buddy.
Speaker 13: An entertaining edition between two hamps tonight, that's what he said.
Speaker 1: An entertaining addition between two hamps tonight. Yeah, there's actually been more than two of us on the stream.
Speaker 2: Yeah really, I mean those things really put out.
Speaker 1: Yeah that Yeah, the Devil's slight is what's lighting our campsite.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: He gave us five dollars Canadian, so five cents.
Speaker 1: It's appreciated. Nevertheless, it's appreciated. Thank you, Jody.
Speaker 3: I tell him now, no, I ain't gonna give Hi about three fitty.
Speaker 2: William says he's a new hand and he enjoys watching.
Speaker 1: Thank you, we welcome, Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Can't wait to see you at one of these hancasions.
Speaker 1: Hey, Ken, get up there on that light right there and the button on the left.
Speaker 3: Yeah, can't said he will make the button.
Speaker 1: On the left, it's on the other side. Oh yeah, Todd's got his. There we go, Yeah, push that, push it again. There you go, Yeah, there we go.
Speaker 3: I had that light for cooking.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, but uh Devo Devo slides Buddy Devil, Devo's outdoor dot com. Todd, that's to dog.
Speaker 3: Thank you for the burgers tonight. Yeah, I appreciate him.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 1: A lot of my videos have been yeah, a lot of my videos.
Speaker 3: Two hands, one stream, two hands, one string.
Speaker 2: Okay, have to talk to you about the seventy seven to sixty for your next giveaway?
Speaker 4: Ray?
Speaker 1: Yeah, go tell Ray you want him to give me a seventy seven to sixty for my next giveaway. I'd be happy to do it. That'd be great.
Speaker 2: That'd be more.
Speaker 11: That.
Speaker 1: That was not my idea. Okay, that was not my idea. That's Ken said that. I didn't say that. kN did.
Speaker 3: So, Hey, when people want it, come on, Ray, give it to the people come on Ray.
Speaker 7: Ray.
Speaker 1: Ray was very gracious. I got a seven o five and a seventy three hundred at a very good, very reasonable discounting, and that's when I'm giving away. I'm giving away the seven o five at the end of February, and I've got the seventy three hundred. Also, I haven't told you guys about that yet. I've got a brand new seventy three hundred in the box I'll be giving away in March. So Ray has been very supportive of that endeavor. So I appreciate I com for that off a truck. If one fell off a truck, if the seventy seven sixty fell off of t truck, I might have to keep it, but i'd try to give it away. Yeah, we'll see.
Speaker 2: The truck, you keep it forgive thee.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I give the seventy three away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, no, you'll give me.
Speaker 1: I believe it's a chef only. Yeah, it's I believe it's an upgrade to the seventy six to ten. But you know what I'm gonna find out tomorrow because I'm gonna go interview him about it. Yeah, it's a two hundred what radio? Yeah, I think the seventy six tens two hundred what radio too, I think it is, I can I may I may be wrong about this. I have a seventy seven hundred that I about used at a state sale four or five years ago, and it's a two hundred what radio so, Jason radio.
Speaker 3: It's the live stream we need to do from your deck thee.
Speaker 1: From my deck?
Speaker 10: Yeah what deck?
Speaker 1: Or at home?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, totally yeah, yeah, I mean I have fiber at home so I can run some sort of like I can run my laptop out there. And that was yeah.
Speaker 13: So and then we got two mics, nice, some balanced good yeah, yeah, we have some cigars.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We need to do that before the weather gets hot. So we about two maybe three months that we can do that two or three weeks. Well, once the once the thirty degree weather goes away, which apparently it's coming back, but once it goes away, we can get out there and do something like that, so that'd be good. I don't know where a AFL went. I was hoping to get him on stream, but KO four AFL, Steve, I don't where'd you go?
Speaker 3: Buddy?
Speaker 1: So all right, well that's an hour and a half we've been going. Guys, I appreciate everyone watching tonight. Definitely come see us at Hampcashon. If you're going to be here this weekend, bring your meshtastic node, Bring your APRS radio. Uh actually know what? Bring two apr S radios, set up one for the day out event and set up one for the normal frequency, which what I've been doing, and beacon from everywhere.
Speaker 3: What's an All?
Speaker 4: All APRS support will be provided by Casey What's.
Speaker 1: It am for? Ac As graciously volunteered to provide support for all APRS traffic this.
Speaker 3: Weekend and questions and questions.
Speaker 1: He said he would only charge ten dollars a question, So I think I'm into him for about one hundred and forty bucks so far. But you know, he's been a good sport about it, so he doesn't collect up front, so I'm probably gonna leave before take it alone.
Speaker 2: Here's one more. Jodi shared this. Yes, I both appreciate this company, so throw it out there.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Expedition just announced a two for one sale and some of their tactical backpacks that expires February tenth, So we're both expeditions.
Speaker 1: Okay. MA Expedition just announced a two for one sale on some of their tactical backpacks and it goes until February tenth, so four more days.
Speaker 13: There was also a question before we sign off, where is the campsite located for the fast Saturday.
Speaker 1: We are in pod number two.
Speaker 4: Check your check your meshtastic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, come come find us on APRS. Yeah, Jason said that. He just said that in the background. So when you guys bring your APRS questions here, that's who you need to star on this cigar.
Speaker 3: Hey, because there will be a morning cigar.
Speaker 1: Just walk out to the campsite and listen for the loudest group you'll find us.
Speaker 3: It's not a problem and we have no one complaining this time.
Speaker 1: No nobody complained this time. We were up to one o'clock last night, twelve thirty or one o'clock, and yeah, nobody complained. But did you see there weren't very many people here last night.
Speaker 3: Did you see the lady giving us the stink eye last time at Dayton? At Dayton Dayton, there was there was a cross from us. She every time she was out, she's giving us the biggest steak eye. O.
Speaker 13: We're smoking cigars and just talking during normal daylight hours.
Speaker 3: It was the group. Yeah, it was the group.
Speaker 1: Did not see that.
Speaker 3: It was hilarious.
Speaker 1: I don't remember that, but maybe I didn't see it.
Speaker 13: But then the guy was just kind of like glaring at us, but it was kind of like the I want to go over there and say hi, but I can't.
Speaker 1: Upset. Oh my goodness, no, I didn't see that.
Speaker 2: Oh well, he would probably get all hot because he thought you were Oh my goodness. No.
Speaker 1: No, this is how hey, people want to know how to get young people interested in. This is how you do it. You be you be loud, you be obnoxious, and you'd be fun, fun and have fun. Ham Radio is fun. I think that's I dare you to prove me wrong. Ham Radio is fun.
Speaker 3: I think that's a good end.
Speaker 1: It on't right. Care Ko Kyle, I know you're still in the chat, buddy. I'm sorry you're not here. We will miss you this weekend. Have a good weekend, and we'll catch up with you in April, if not before that. And everybody else that's out there that can't make it, I'm sorry you can't make it. Try to hit us up in Dayton in May.
Speaker 13: Watch our live streams. Watch on YouTube because we will share it with you make you feel like you're here.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And perhaps we'll do this again tomorrow night. I don't know, we'll see this was This was pretty fun, so maybe we'll do this again tomorrow night. So seventy three guys, thanks for watching tonight. Everyone have a good night, and ham harder out there.
Speaker 3: So go forth and conquer Scrap the take radio.
Speaker 2: This is awesome.