Speaker 1: This is the seventy seven WABC Mini cast.
Speaker 2: I promise you I would divert my attention focus on nine to eleven, and I've done that, and I want to keep this mayor away and the overwhelming majority of people I speak to in this city, and I'm very.
Speaker 1: Famous, I speak to a lot of people. They agree nine to eleven families.
Speaker 2: And just every person walking in the street, but not every single person does. So I was surprised to hear on the news a couple of days ago this young lady, Elizabeth Miller, God bless her, her father, God rest his soul, was killed on nine to eleven a firefighter. I don't know mister Miller, but I can tell you this.
Speaker 1: I love him.
Speaker 2: New York loves someone in America loves him. So I was surprised to hear that she's okay with the mayor being in attendance.
Speaker 1: Even though the mayor hangs out with people.
Speaker 2: Hassan Piker, Chevalier Lyrics, who were co conspirators and the bombing of the Royal Trade Center in nineteen ninety three, hangs out with them, says nice things about them.
Speaker 1: This is not just the everyday politician.
Speaker 2: You disagree with this guy is friendly with says nice things about people who said America deserved nine to eleven.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry he shouldn't be there.
Speaker 2: But Liz Miller, who's closer to the situation, She lost her relative, I lost friends. She says, it's okay, let's talk to her. Elizabeth, good morning.
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 3: Good morning? How are you? Thank you for taking the time to talk to me.
Speaker 2: No, no, of course. First of all, what can I say? You know your father God rest his soul. I mean, New Yorkers love him, Americans love him. I didn't know the man personally, but I'm sure he was a wonderful, wonderful guy. So I just want to thank you for the service that your dad gave to this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was definitely a true hero. And I always say my mom was an even bigger hero that she raised three crazy little girls by herself.
Speaker 1: Wow, is your mom so alive? Is she still with us?
Speaker 3: Yep? Thank god, my mom's still here. Yeah, my three sisters still well. I'm one of three. We're all still here and doing well.
Speaker 1: Well. How old are you now?
Speaker 3: I am thirty one. I'll be thirty two in December.
Speaker 1: So you were a baby Lizzie were like five or six years old.
Speaker 3: I was six, yep, turning seven.
Speaker 1: Do you have any memories at that? Oh yeah, I mean you're old enough at that point to remember memory.
Speaker 3: I actually have a lot. I actually lost to twoth on September eleventh, So it's like, we like laugh about it now that I brought home a certificate that said, oh, Elizabeth Miller lost the tooth, But little did I know. I was, of course losing a lot more. But that's like one thing we laugh about years later.
Speaker 1: Well, that is kind of cute. It is kind of funny.
Speaker 3: So oh, you got to like you gotta find the humor.
Speaker 1: And no sure, And where did you live? Where'd you guys grow up?
Speaker 3: I grew up in Port Jervis, New York, which is about an hour thirty forty minutes from the city, so kind of removed, very small town vibe.
Speaker 1: I know it was.
Speaker 3: Everybody knows everybody.
Speaker 1: I know it. Well, So your dad was part of what ladder? What what station? What group? Do you remember he worked?
Speaker 3: He worked to Rescue five, which is pretty incredible because he was thirty four years old, which is pretty young, you know as a fireman, and that he was already in a rescue company. Was pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Now, what do you do for a living? You sound very bright, I mean you really do.
Speaker 1: What do you do for a living?
Speaker 3: I do run the nonprofit September eleventh, Families for Peaceful Tomorrow's. I actually was a counseled person in the city of Port Jervis in my prior life. But I've actually studied terrorism and al Qaida and all things nine to eleven, the case at Guantanamo. I've been doing that since I was about eighteen years old.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you know what you're talking about, but you do realize I think I just spoke about this group, and this is where the conversation macain a little contentious. I love you, don't get mad at me. But is that not the group that George Soros funds.
Speaker 3: So Open Society Foundations was like a funder of Peaceful Tomorrow's for a year passed, but not since I've come on. I only joined in twenty twenty because again I was six on September eleventh, and it wasn't, of course, like we never had direct conversations with demands. It was through the Open Society Foundation. We are not funded by by them. Anymore, and there was actually something else in the paper, so that we get like all sorts of money, like our operating budgets, like one hundred and fifty thousand dollars a year, which basically just covers like a zoom account website like housekeeping, right, you know? So?
Speaker 2: So yeah, so, And I don't want to put words in your mouth. So you're not okay with George Soros, You're not.
Speaker 3: I to be honest, I don't spend enough time like digging into demand. That's one thing I wouldn't comment on. I just we maybe will have to have a follow up conversation.
Speaker 1: Okay, So are.
Speaker 2: You the type Elizabeth Miller that doesn't talk politics, because while you're lovely, these are mutually exclusive. I'm getting up only that you may be a Democrat, and Democrats would tend to be more open to having this horrible mayor down at that site than Republicans like me. So I'm going to guess, And if you don't want to answer, that's up to you. But it sounds to me like you may be a Democrat.
Speaker 1: Am I wrong?
Speaker 3: Oh that's okay, Yes, I was. I am a Democrat. I usually do vote left. Doesn't say It doesn't mean that I don't have respect for a lot of Republican candidates in years past. And listen, I think disagreement makes the world go around. I think we learned from each other when we're uncomfortable and we have some of these uncomfortable conversations, which I think is why I was so excited for the opportunity to talk to you, because you know, I've heard some of your viewpoints and I'm you know right where you're coming from.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm rough right, You're a New Yorkers nothing, I'm not there, you go. No, you're right. So if you were living, let's say, in Brooklyn or.
Speaker 2: The city and not Long Island, would you have voted for Mom Donnie. I'm not going to hold this against you. I promise would you vote a brand?
Speaker 3: Yes? I would have. You would have, Okay, I won't lie to you. Yes I would have.
Speaker 2: Now now listen, I'm Jewish and I hate them Inn like I hate him with a If you've watched me and listened to me, like, I really hate him, like not a bad mans can happened to him and his wife. That's how much I hate his guts. What what do you like about him, why would you have voted for him?
Speaker 3: So for me, I'm a big believer in like neighbor politics and leading with compassion and kindness. And I don't think leading with and listen, this isn't just like about him specifically. I think it's just in general. But like, leading with compassion shouldn't be a radical concept, and I think, unfortunately like sometimes it is. I'm a like I said, I'm a big believer, and like I love having conversations across the aisle because I'm not going to discount you based on who you voted for. I want to get to know who you are at your heart.
Speaker 1: You're not You're not.
Speaker 2: But he's not compassionate, his wife celebrated October the seventh. I mean, I assume you know who Hassan Piker is. So not only did Hassan Piker, by his own admission, say America deserved nine to eleven, Your father deserve to die. Your father deserve to.
Speaker 1: Die that day.
Speaker 2: According to Hasan Piker, not only did his friend say that, but mister Mumdonie was sitting right there as a guest on Piker's podcast, and Elizabeth he offered no pushback, zero pushback. So when the guy says, your father deserved to die, and this mayor sits there and doesn't say a word and hasn't since, how is that okay?
Speaker 3: From what I know, I think that he has said that it was reprehensible after the fact. And I think the other thing is we're all a little guilty sometimes by association. Like my mother always says, sometimes you lay with dogs, she gets fleesed, and sometimes we're all a little guilty of laying with a dog. From time to time.
Speaker 1: He lays with a whole pound. It's not just a dog.
Speaker 2: He's got clerics, smiling selpies in the streets that blew up the Royal Trade Center. He's got his wife who's a vile, wretched person. He's got Chevalier, he just endorsed her, who wiped her dirty hands with the American plague. He doesn't associate with one guy. Everybody he associates some with. They either hate the Jews, hate is you, or hate America. All of them, Elizabeth, all of them.
Speaker 3: Well, And I will say, I am not a New Yorker like in the city, so I don't follow all of these things as closely. I don't follow all of his policies as closely. Of course, during the election time, I was interested, But I think for me, the biggest issue is that, like I'm not going to sit here and tell you how to feel about the man. I think you know, how you feel is important and it's valid, and I would never discount your feelings, and you know, I would hope mine wouldn't be discounted. I think that we've just reached a point, like there's so much that goes on with nine to eleven that like we still don't even know some of the like who, what, where, when and why, and like you just referred to like these clerics, they're not from my research and what I've done, like they didn't have a hand in nine to eleven. I've been researching nine to eleven again my whole life to try to get a grip on like how did I end up here? Like how the hell is this my life? And I think that sometimes some of this, like politics, overshadows the real issues I think that are still happening twenty five years later, like Gipmo, like everything at Bontonoma, Like there's still five men accused in including the mastermind, Cleete Sjae Muhammad, who isn't sentenced, he's not considered guilty yet as of this point, Like that breaks my heart.
Speaker 2: Don't break your heart of a Saik Muhammad, trust me. Okay, he's not deserving or that type of sympathy. No, no, no, I understand. You know the Innocents Project, Fantastic Way to Go, Barryshek and those types of people. But certain people don't deserve that level of sympathy, and he's one of them. I mean, I'll say this to you. You made the point that you don't want the focus to be on anybody but the families and the victims, and boy do I agree, but you but you know you realize, Elizabit, when that punk shows up that day, he's going to get all all the attention, every camera shot, family members will turn, their politicians will shine him, or they're going to talk about that day. If this guy shows up, is him? If he's not there, guess what at the beginning of the telecast and maybe the beginning of your ceremony, they'll go no, mayor, that'll be it. If he's there, he's going to demand all the attention.
Speaker 1: Why would you want that?
Speaker 3: Ye? I think people are a lot of talk I think people ask like like and I'm not saying nihilon families. I'm saying like politicians, so like, you're going to have him come? And I think, think about this when President Trump had individuals like when signed you know, the petition, that he didn't want it. They didn't want him there. And again it wasn't of course as large, but he still came and the day wasn't about him. And listen, I'm a firm believer regardless of who you are as an elected official, I'm grateful that you want to take the opportunity to sit there and honor our loved ones. Whether I like you, whether I don't, whether I agree with all of your policies, whether I don't. I think the other thing.
Speaker 2: Although you think that you think you're a very smart girl, you are, I'm not just I'm not patronizing you.
Speaker 3: People yell, I don't feel like you are.
Speaker 2: Okay, But do you think that the mayor is honoring your loved ones? He couldn't care less that your father is dead, and I know that sounds really rough.
Speaker 1: He couldn't care less.
Speaker 2: He's showing up because he's still trying to snow people that he actually cares about this country, which he doesn't.
Speaker 1: He's not there honor your father. He couldn't care less.
Speaker 2: He would much rather honor Mohammed Atta who flew flew the damn plane into the building.
Speaker 3: I think, well, like again, this is where we disagree, and I think that's okay. I think that he would honor my dad. Again, I didn't vote for for President Trump. I think President Trump would be honoring my dad. I think there's some other individuals. I think that any politician or government And that's the other thing. He's a government official, so once they become elected, they are the representative. Whether we like that or not.
Speaker 1: What at all? Not another or not? He makes decisions for the city. But he wasn't even He wasn't even here in the United States one when your dad, God rest his soul, died. He doesn't. He doesn't.
Speaker 2: You have to earn that he wasn't even here. So a bunch of silly people vote him. That makes him deserve of being down there with that sacred psyche.
Speaker 1: No, I don't believe in that you got to earn that. He hasn't earned it.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying is like legally, technically he's a government official in at the moment, you know. That's what I'm talking about on the ground level. And so like think about all that Mayor Bloomberg has done for the museum in years past and helping with the financials and everything like that. And so the other thing is what do you do if the government officials and politicians can't come. So it's like this is like a really big honest conversation that means, oh, it's crazy. There should have been from the start. He should be allowed and who shouldn't