Speaker 1: It's night with Dan Ray. I'm telling you feazy Boston's.
Speaker 2: News radio headline in this morning's Boston Globe, apparent assassination bid targets Trump. Okay, well, I don't know how it can be an apparent assassination. It's either an assassination or it's not. I do think it can be categorized as an assassination attempt because this individual who I think I can figure out his motive and I want to hear what you folks say, this is a presidential candidate. The last time that a president or a presidential candidate was shot at or was the victim of a potential shooting twice was Gerald Ford back in like nineteen seventy five, when he visited San Francisco on a successive days in the same month of nuts excessive days, but in the same month, I think it was November, and there was a woman named Sarah Jane Moore who took a shot at him, and then later on Squeaky Frome, one of the Manson family members. So this guy, I hope some of you saw the arrest. Ryan Routh, fifty eight years of age, the acting director the Secret Service, Acting Director Ronald Rowe Junior said that this guy did not get a shot off. He was in the woods of this golf course for twelve hours. Now they're saying he was there since as early as two am on Sunday morning. So I got a lot of questions. Get a lot of questions, and I hope some of you might want to speculator and give me an answer. How did this guy know Donald Trump was going to play golf that day had he been there before. He brought with him a semi automatic weapon, which he, as a former felon, should never have had. It also had its serial number expunged, which means that he probably got it somewhere on the black market. He's there, Thank God that there's a Secret Service agent who who saw the rifle. The barrel of the rifle extending through it looks like a chain link fence. This guy had some sort of tiles there, ceramic tiles, which was supposed to protect him. I don't know a lot about ceramic dials, but at the best of my knowledge, a bullet from an AK forty seven or something will crack a ceramic tile. So this guy was in court today. I listened all day long. I'm fascinated by this This guy apparently was laughing court. He's fifty eight years old. The rifle that he had was a loaded SKS style rifle as semi automatic developed by the Soviets in the nineteen forties, with a scope as well as food and a digital camera. Looked like he had a GoPro there. So the question is what's his motive? Well, apparently this guy gone to Ukraine a couple of times and fashioned himself at the age of fifty eight of some sort of a freedom fighter in Ukraine. I was listening more to CNN today than anything, and they did a pretty good job in this story. They said that apparently in his writings, he's all over the internet. We knew nothing about the kid who took the shot at President Trump in Butler, Pennsylvania to speak of. He's still a mystery. He supposedly had had corresponded or been in contact with people overseas, but the FBI hasn't been able to to break through I guess the cryptology or whatever to be able to to figure out who he was talking to. Who was this guy talking to? This guy apparently is able to fly to Ukraine. What does he do for a job? I don't think he has a job. Where's his money coming from?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: He apparently is pretty anti Israeli Inti Israel. According to some of his writings in screed, there was a woman who interviewed him at the at the Capitol a couple of years ago. When he was grabbed yesterday forty five miles north of Mari Lago, the police said, do you know why we pulled you over? He said, yeah, I mean some of the responses that we have here, and I just if you haven't heard as much of this as I have, I just want to play a couple of these bites for you and then we will we will move on. So here is Yes, let's start off with this is the the Palm Beach, Florida County Sheriff Rick Bradshaw. Okay, cut number one, Rob.
Speaker 4: All right. This afternoon call came out, shots fired.
Speaker 5: That was called in by the Secret Service because we're in constant contact with him all the time. We were notified to that, and we had unus here that immediately sealed off the area.
Speaker 2: Not so immediately because the guy ran away. When the Secret Service agent did the Secret Service agent did the right thing. Blow the guy up. I mean just fire. You got mess around here. The guy's got a he's got a scope, he's got a gun, and he did flee. Well, apparently the same sheriff talked about that, some person saw the guy running. They took a photo of the car and the plane, and they caught him about forty miles north on Route ninety five north, number two.
Speaker 5: Rub Fortunately, we were able to locate a witness that came to us and said, hey.
Speaker 4: I saw the guy running out of the bushes.
Speaker 5: He jumped into a black Nissan and I took a picture of the vehicle and the tank, which was great.
Speaker 4: So we had that information.
Speaker 5: Our Real Time Crime Center put it out to the.
Speaker 4: License plate readers and we were able to get a.
Speaker 5: Hit on that vehicle on I ninety five as it was headed into Martin County. We got a hold of Martin County Sheriff's office alerted them and they spotted the vehicle and pulled it over and detained the guy.
Speaker 4: After that, we took the victim. I'm sorry. The witness that witnessed the incident took flew.
Speaker 5: Him up there and he identified as the person that he saw running out.
Speaker 4: Of the bushes that jumped into the car.
Speaker 2: And again the guy supposed he was there for twelve hours. Twelve hours. This is one more SoundBite from Florida County Sheriff Palm Beach County Sheriff Rick Bradshaw cut three robed.
Speaker 5: Now in the bushes where this guy was is a eight forty seven style rifle with a scope, two backpacks which were hung on the fist that had a ceramic tile at him, had a GoPro which he was going to take pictures of.
Speaker 4: So those will be a process right now.
Speaker 2: So this is a crazy, crazy story. And are we becoming a banana Republic? I guess is really what my concern is at this point. I mean I don't want to you know, Look, it goes without saying this should none of this should happen. But we've had a bunch of these incidents in recent years. The guy that shot up the Republican softball practice a few years ago. Then you have the other the run of the Mill shootings, the guy that killed was at fifty two people at the music festival in Las Vegas, the guy last year in Maine who killed innocent people for I don't know what reason is possible. Look, I don't want anyone in this country to be shot. Let's be killed, you know, particularly if they're simply a politician running for office. So I want to know, what do you think is going on the we're in an election cycle. I get that, Okay. The Republicans are saying, well, you call this guy a fascist, you call him Hitler, you call him a dictator. You know, you do get people who are off their rockers. This is a woman on MSNBC yesterday, someone named doctor Jackie Lewis. She's on MSNBC Cut eleven. Rob. We exported, we exforded racism, fascism to NACU. We exploited it to South Africa, Donathan.
Speaker 1: We know how to do it. We're good at it. And let's not pretend that Donald Trump isn't exactly like Mussolini, exactly like Hitler.
Speaker 2: He is that guy, Okay. So first of all, how does someone like that we exploited racism and fascism to Nazi Germany? Are you serious? Lady? Who the hell are you? Doctor Jackie Lewis, we exported racism, fascism to Nazi Germany. I don't think so. And then let's not pretend that Donald Trump isn't exactly like Mussolini, exactly like Hitler. You have people who are off their rock as they say, hey, you know, if I can stop this guy from becoming president, that's pretty weird stuff that I think. Last week we talked about Donald Trump talking about the dogs, the Haitians eating dogs and cats. Pretty weird stuff. Okay, pretty weird stuff. You don't shoot and kill somebody for being that weird. But when you start saying they're like Mussolini or Hitler, I don't know. Sometimes people figure they'll be remembered in history. Let's just go to the lines. How do we stop this? What is the solution to stop this? I don't want to see anyone. And we have a whole bunch of people now running for well, two people running for president, two people running for for vice president. We have people running for the US Senate, people running for Congress. We have people on the left, on the right, Democrats, Republicans. We have Senate seats, thirty four Senate seats up. There's a lot of political candidates out there running around and it's getting pretty nasty. Somehow, some way, we have to bring back some level of civility. How can we do it? I'm looking for your advice and your guidance and your reaction. I mean, this secret Service agent hadn't seen this. Donald Trump would have been in front of this guy probably in about six one or eight minutes. He's on the fifth hole. How would have that gone down with the American people? Uh? This is this is probably one of the most serious topics we've ever talked about on Night Side. I don't want to politicize it, but I want to hear how we get out of this downward spiral? Six one seven ten thirty six one seven. Will be right back on Nightside. Let him up.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Way live from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's go to the phones. I'm gonna go to Tom and the Philippines. First. Tom, you were first this hour on Nightside. Put you right to the head of the line. Go ahead, Tom, yam, I just.
Speaker 6: The news this morning in the Philippines because I am been paying attention. But I gotta tell you something. How does.
Speaker 2: Of course at a certain Tom your line is horrible? Rob clean up his line for me, please if you can. I think Tom was asking how does a guy know? Well, I guess we got to find out. I think it should be pretty simple for them to figure that out. If the guy's willing to talk, maybe he will, maybe he won't. At the same time, maybe he just figured it's a Sunday and he figured he'd stay there. Rob were able to you lost him. Tom, if you're listening, please call us back. Okay, I think you were raising a really good question, So please Tom, give us a callback again. Maybe you're in a bad spot, but we would love to hear back from this. So I think that's a serious question. Was did the guy just all of a sudden decide to stake himself in the woods for twelve hours on the chance that Donald Trump might come by. I mean it was pretty obvious where he was. I mean, the single Secret Service agent saw at a pretty good distance the gun protruding through. I think it looked like a chain link fence. Again, I stand to be corrected on that. I'm just responding to what I saw on today. Let me go next to Dot and Tom in the Philippines' back. Okay, let's see if Okay, Tom, you just get back in under the wire. Sorry, it was all of a sudden, we lost you.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, Tom, Yeah, no, I find it ironic or interesting that this man knows that Trump is going to be there at a golf course at a certain time. Let's somebody must have fed him information. And remember when the FBI went in to get the stole of the alleged stolen documents.
Speaker 3: Not only do they.
Speaker 6: Go to the storage space where Trump uh was alleged to have had those documents, but they went into Malania's bedroom. They searched that, they went all through Mar A Lago. And the one thing that really bothered me with that investigation was they told Trump's security team shut off video cameras. I have no doubt the FBI planted bugging devices in there. And I do think the FBI is compromised. I truly do.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you if that's that's Tom Waasak, that's a theory, that's your theory. Yes, I I there's no reporter in Boston that has seen the underbelly of the FBI here in Boston in the nineteen eighties nineties more than me. But boy, I'll tell you that's even way beyond I mean, I can't believe that Donald Trump's people would not have been smart enough to have done a sweep for potential bugs after the FBI came for a visit. I can't believe.
Speaker 6: That it's either that. It's either that or Trump. Someone in Trump's organization is working against him, and if his people are listening, he needs to make every person involved in his inner circle and his campaign to take light detectors tests.
Speaker 2: Okay, so let me run another theory. Going to run another theory by you. Okay, what about the possibility this guy apparently he was in there for twelve hours if he had information about when Trump was going to be playing golf on his golf course. I don't think the guy would have been in there for twelve hours, do you? He apparently wouldn't there?
Speaker 6: No. I right, Well, you know something I don't know, And I don't know if Trump was a creature of habit who goes out in a particular day, every day of the week to do this. I just don't know. But I don't know anybody who's run for president in my lifetime that has had two people with firearms out in the open that are about to do an assassination attempt. And by the way, that rifle.
Speaker 2: On nineteen seventy five, I mentioned that at the top of the show, Sarah Jay of course, of squeaky.
Speaker 6: From of course. But number one, they weren't with rifles, okay, they were with handguns. And the point being that an AK forty seven hundred yards okay with a scope, is a very lethal round. It can be done. It's certainly not a thirty six, all right or another caliber.
Speaker 2: I get the point, you want it. But what I'm saying is I still if the guy had some sort of inside information that he was going to play golf in the afternoon, why are you in there since two o'clock in the morning. I think it more suggests to me that this guy was a nut job. He viewed himself as some sort of a soldier of fortune. If you've seen some of his videos, some of the stuff that's been reported, maybe he made a lucky guess. I don't know. I don't want to downplay any possibility to him. There has to be a thorough investmentation.
Speaker 6: And the other point is that you played the woman on MSNBC. You know there's a talk show host I call on the low End. I won't mention the name, but every day on his show he says ignorant, willfully ignorant, white people that are stupid are voting for Donald Trump. Well, there's all this rhetoric that's going around of demonizing people at vote for Trump as well as Donald Trump as Hitler. Donald Trump has never called for a master race or anything like that. It's all hyperbole. But here's the point. When you constantly beat that drum beat, beat that trum beat, Okay, you're going to send the nut jobs and maybe that I have no doubt. Was this guy probably a enough job who sees himself a smarter that wants to go down in history. Of course he is. I mean, my god, you know, is all kinds of terrorists that want to go down in history to be the guy who took out Hitler or took out Trump or whomever. But no, you know, I blame a lot of that on the media. Joe Biden certainly has demonized Trump's supporters, calling MAGA an existential threat to democracy.
Speaker 2: Enough again, I think the points you make are important at the same time to be fair, to be fair, you know, Trump has also engaged himself in some of this rhetoric that is over the top. The idea about you know, Haitians eating dogs and cats in Ohio, the idea about he didn't know that the Kamala Harris was black.
Speaker 3: I mean, why that doesn't That doesn't give somebody the right to take his life.
Speaker 6: Okay, it doesn't.
Speaker 2: I'm not suggesting that. But what I'm saying is he's engaged.
Speaker 6: That's what I'm hearing that. That is what I'm hearing on NMSNBC and other commentators that will because of Donald Trump and his irresponsible rhetoric, has brought this all on himself. I'm sorry, No, that's not in a civilized world.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Look and I understand that, and I I point the blame at this woman type. And again I don't know who you know, obviously I'm not. I've never heard of her. Jackie Lewis is her name from MSNBC. I look her up here and during the break and find out what what she's all about. But we're in a very dangerous society here at this point, and if we don't watch it, we're going to lose the country because all of a sudden, we're going to be like some sort of a banana republic. I felt that way after the kid climbed up on the roof and took a shot, which was only from about one hundred and one hundred. I don't think it was yards. I think it was feet.
Speaker 6: No, it was it was one hundred and forty yards, which Stan, I'm a deer hunter.
Speaker 2: I've got this right. It was forty yards, a little bit longer than a football field. Yeah, so you were right.
Speaker 6: That's an easy that's an easy that's an easy shot to make in a prone position. Uh. You know, I don't know why the kid had went for his He should have gone for the body, to be quite frank. But anyway, God.
Speaker 2: And thank god Trump turned his head. And I would feel the same way whether it's you know, Fham President Obama. Uh, it doesn't matter. We got to get if if if we don't weed this stuff out, and we live in a free society where there were nutjobs. This guy was probably a nut job at bottom line. But yeah, Manah, it's tough. Tom. Thanks for calling back, appreciate.
Speaker 3: It, Take care, Bye bye, good night.
Speaker 2: We'll take very quick break. Here comes the news six one set. We got one line at six one seven, two five four ten thirty and one at six one seven, nine three ten thirty.
Speaker 1: How are we going to handle this?
Speaker 2: And I would like to hear from some of you to say that we got to take the temperature down here. Okay, we got to take the temperature down. I was watching one of the newscasts tonight, UH and Celtics player Derek White, great basketball player, apparently played in Colorado. He was at a football game over the weekend college football game. I don't know if it was Colorado Colorado State. Maybe was Colorado against Colorado State, and there was some some goon took took a swing at Derek Derek White. I mean, what's that all about. I mean, we are we we we can lose this country, folks, very easily. We can lose this country very easily. And I'm not saying lose it because of the left of the right. We could lose it because we none of us are able to be civil about this. We should be able to have conversations, have discussions, run campaigns, vote for our candidates. There should be no candidate shaming. They you know, let's let's let's raise the level of debate a little bit beyond some of the things that have been said. Let's let's aspire to our better angels, because if not, we will lose the country. Back on night Side after this, and you're on Night.
Speaker 1: Side with on Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Let's go next to Dot in Medford. Welcome back. How are you hi, dear.
Speaker 7: You know, first of all, I'm so happy that you're on, because when night you're in the radio one, it's not you. It's not a happy moment. But anyway, I've had a couple of little stiffness tonight, but I am so upset that we've almost lost President Trump twice. And Tom from the Philippines said everything I agree with. He was great.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, look, I don't want to lose any presidents. Candidate may I remind people that the Biden administration in the in the person of may Orcus, the Secretary of Homeland Security, refuse to give Robert F. Kennedy junior secret Tell me about it. I know you knew it, but but that is a very you know, I'm I was terrified that Bobby Kennedy would get shot because you have to So this is the same, may Orcust should go this this this guy has got to go.
Speaker 7: Then a while back.
Speaker 2: Oh, the House impeached Ent, but the Senate sat on it, wouldn't bring it up for a vote.
Speaker 7: Yep, disgusting, really, but you know it is so atrocious, but you know, more atrocious than president presidential candidates. The killing of small children in their classroom. That is the worst thing that's going on in this country. That's worse than any political person.
Speaker 2: And you have Uvaldi and you have Newtown, Connecticut. Yeah, really young kids. And then you have high school shootings. So I don't know, we gotta we got to get our arms around that.
Speaker 7: This is how do you do How do you do it? When a guy like this clown in Florida could get his hands on this on this uh a gun, et cetera, with his record, how could he get us? He's got a record in North Carolina?
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 7: And then he was living in Hawaii.
Speaker 2: So he's going to Ukraine. I don't know about you, but I live fairly comfortably, but I'm not doing that. I mean, once in my life he had a family vacation. I've never been to Ukraine.
Speaker 7: Well, he's got somebody backing him. I'll tell you that.
Speaker 2: I got a wonder.
Speaker 7: Oh, I know it for sure, I know it for sure.
Speaker 2: Obviously he doesn't have a job, does he If he doesn't have a job, and he's getting.
Speaker 7: On a business business in Hawaii.
Speaker 2: He had a business in Hawaiian What sort of business I don't know.
Speaker 7: I don't know, but but it's a if they should take him and put him were they're never going to find him again.
Speaker 2: Well, I want to find out everything about him. I want to find out everything about who he was in contact with. I want to find out if there were any other people involved in this. I think we don't know. We know hardly nothing about this kid Crooks in Butler, Pennsylvania. And when a kid is a twenty year old kid and he had somehow he was able to have email contact with people overseas and they can't encrypt what the messages were, Well, who the hell is you were a twenty year old kid?
Speaker 7: Well, of course, as my mother used to say, the Federal Bungalers of Investigations. She had no use for the FBI years ago. Well, and I think they have a terrible record.
Speaker 2: It was led by Jago whoever. You know how how much of the end of Belly I mentioned. I saw the FBI here in Boston and.
Speaker 7: You you did a great job. I'm telling you, but most people can't do it. It's too difficult. But you know something's going to be done because the next time they might kill President Trump and then what we have we'll have nothing.
Speaker 2: You have riots in the street is what you have. I mean, oh yeah, a person killed. Anyway, Dough, I love your calls.
Speaker 7: You know that, Key Cally yourself. Take care you do, Thank you much.
Speaker 2: Mixed up. I lean in Waltham. I lean your thoughts on this.
Speaker 8: First of all, I'm just get a quick miss on the Haitian eating dogs. When I lived in Indonesia, when I went out to eat, we never ordered meat because you didn't know what you were going to get. Okay, again, specifically, I mean.
Speaker 2: Interesting and interesting observation. I've never been to Indonesia. I don't have a desire to go to Indonesia, and I'm not familiar with their culture. So but let's talk about what we're talking about tonight. What's your thought on tonight?
Speaker 8: But that goes into that, because that's the same type of thing that people want to say.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but I think it's a huge leap to say that, to say that people, I've seen no evidence of that, And I think that that the president really wasted time. The former president wasted time in his debate with Vice President Harris. How do you go there? I mean, it's it's like you're off. He was off in Lalla Land. Okay.
Speaker 8: So here's the thing. There's a big difference between calling people names. It's silly, it's immature, Okay, but it's different than demonizing someone. There's a big distinction there. True, this problem is not a new problem. I'd say at least thirty years ago. I did a study. I was in a taking a class called Children at Risk, and everybody was picking like alcohol, drug addiction, poverty, et cetera, et cetera. For what put children? I picked TV and it was very difficult to find information, but I picked that because I remember as an undergraduate, the people who are established Sesame Street had gone to hospitals and watched kids watch TV. And that's how they developed their format was it was basically an advertising format format.
Speaker 2: So Street, what was Sesame Street burden? Or are you talking about what? I don't understand the point you're trying to make. It was Sesame Street corrosive of young people's minds.
Speaker 8: No, no, I'm not making amplay. I'm saying they watched that's what initiated My investigator saying that perhaps with the violence and I'm talking about the experience of some of the cartoons, et cetera on TV. Okay, led me after having heard dad years ago say.
Speaker 9: Maybe it's TV.
Speaker 8: That we need to look at and it was very hot.
Speaker 2: Well start we should start now. As bad as TV might have been, let's let's talk about computers where kids fourteen, fifteen years old can get lost in the sea a pornography, I mean, compared Sesame Street, Burton, Irnie and.
Speaker 8: You know the Cookie Monster.
Speaker 2: I mean, okay, I thought you were going after Burrnie. My kids watched a lot of I love.
Speaker 8: What I'm saying is that's what led me to look at TV. Okay, because that they had used TV as a model. Okay, we say world about how it got kids attention.
Speaker 2: Okay, So how does that relate to what we're talking about tonight?
Speaker 8: I did the research? How does that.
Speaker 2: Relate to what we're talking about tonight? I lean, yeah, well, Eileen, I know you did research on TV. How does relate to what we're talking about tonight?
Speaker 8: Coming It's been developing for years? Think about this superheroes, Okay, what's the what's the ideal behind might makes right, that's the idea of superheroes. That's what it's about. We're saying that if we think we're right, we can we can use whatever.
Speaker 2: Might we want. Superheroes, superheroes been have been in Okay, you know what, Eileen, you've lost me. But and I'm up at my break. So I was trying to I was trying to actually have a conversation with at superheroes since comic books in the in the nineteen twenties and the nineteen thirties, Superman, Dick Tracy, all of that was superheroes. They were the good guys, Superman fighting for you know, true justice in the American way, right, It's it's I don't I don't know where your research took you and how that relates to tonight. But I'm up on my break, so I gotta let you run.
Speaker 8: Okay, by thank you for the call.
Speaker 2: Coming back on, I.
Speaker 1: Said, Now back to Dan Mine from the Window World night Side Studios on w b Z the news radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's go to the calls and go to Susan in Gambridge. Susan, welcome next on Nightside. Go ahead, Susan.
Speaker 9: Hey, Dan, first of all, you need to study your history a little bit more, because the Nazis absolutely studied American history and our Jim Crow laws, and in fact, they based several of their early laws uh that demonized Jews on this, on those Jim Crow laws.
Speaker 2: So there's defend me saws on that, Susan, so I can so I can become intelligent written on it? No, what's give me? Give me one source so I could go read that book and I can become more intelligent.
Speaker 9: I will, uh, off the top of my head. I don't know the name of it.
Speaker 2: Good enough, Okay, what's next?
Speaker 9: God, What's what's next?
Speaker 2: Well, that's fine. Yeah, that's all I'm asking because I don't know who the books are written by. They have been written by some crackpot. I don't know that that Hitler. Hitler. Look, I'm not going to debate whether or we're Hitler learning God what else you got?
Speaker 9: But it's pretty damn it is pretty well established that he paid a lot of attention to.
Speaker 2: I'm asking you for one book and you don't have enough the top of your head. Let's move on.
Speaker 9: I'm sorry, I don't have it off the top of my head. Okay, I mean I can I can cite you mind Colf.
Speaker 2: You've read mine Calf, I'm sure was there much reference in mine? Colves to Jim crow Loss. Go ahead, Susan, I don't want to debate something that's going to take us off track.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 2: What I'm talking about, how can we how can we get back on track? Go ahead?
Speaker 9: Well, I mean, as far as I'm concerned, Trump is reaping what he's sewing.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm stunned that you would say that. I'm stunned that you would say that.
Speaker 9: Right, Well, look all the irresponsible talk, and it's not just name calling.
Speaker 2: I mean, give me one thing that Trump has said. Give me one thing that Trump has said that deserves someone to put a bullet in him.
Speaker 9: I'm not saying he deserves have able.
Speaker 2: Well, you're saying he's reaping what he sews. Come on, he can.
Speaker 9: I am saying that he activates his irresponsible rhetoric, activates nutjobs on all sides.
Speaker 2: Give me, give me one thing that he said. Did you think would give me It's one thing. They all activate nutjobs. Okay, they all activate nutjobs. But give me one thing that he said that you think puts them into in the in you know, in the cross heirs, puts them legitimately in the crosshairs.
Speaker 9: I'm not saying that, Dan. What I'm saying is that.
Speaker 2: You said he reaps what he sows, right, right, So what.
Speaker 9: He reads yesterday about the people in Springfield, Ohio, what he read leaving death threats? You know, schools are having to be dismissed because there's bomb threats, because you know, the former president of the United States said something utterly ridiculous, you know, in front of sixty seven million people.
Speaker 2: And I think it was utterly ridiculous. I think it was shameful. Okay, but I don't think that and puts it in the cross heirs dangers.
Speaker 9: You don't think there are there are now Haitian immigrants whose lives are in danger. What about the election workers in Georgia, the two women who won their suit against Rudy Giuliani, who you know, had you know, death threats because Trump put it out there on social media, put those names out there. I mean, he is just he has put so many other things.
Speaker 2: So all of this, all of this then then puts him in the crosshairs. Yes, okay, So so therefore you agree.
Speaker 3: That they were responsible, that.
Speaker 2: He reaps what he shows what he shows, Therefore it's okay to put him in the crosshairs, is what you're saying to me.
Speaker 9: I'm not no, I'm well you just said, yes, come on saying that. I'm not saying that. I'm just saying that it's the consequence of his own What are.
Speaker 2: You saying, then, Susan, what are you saying? You said? First of all, you said, he reaps what he solves. You talk to me about the language that he used about the pole workers, the language that he used about the Haitians, which I think was disgraceful. Okay, And then I said to.
Speaker 9: You that the environment of heap of just insanity. You know, it's not just lack of civility, it's complete, you know, chaos.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you should have Bobby Kennedy Jr. Been given Secret Service protection by the Biden Ministry, by the Biden Harris administration.
Speaker 9: I don't know the particulars about how those decisions are made, but it seems to feel like you probably should have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably probably. You know you know the history. You know the history of the Kennedy family better than anybody, Susan. I got to get on more Indian before the break, so let me let you run. Okay, as always, appreciate you to the book. Absolutely, I'd love to see who the author is. You know, maybe it's a legitimate offer. I don't know. I haven't read. I read a lot of stuff I haven't read that way to come hold on, Rob will give you my direct email. Rob gives Susan my direct email. Next up is Jim in Kansas City. Thank you you, Susan. Don't hang up Jim in Kansas City. Go go ahead, Jim. How are you tonight? Well, if we've lost Jim in Kansas City, we'll put Jim on hold. Maybe get him in the next hour. Let me go next to David san Antonio. Dave, I'll caution you, we're getting close to the end of the hour. Go ahead, buddy, Well, we lost him, so we're gonna go to We're gonna go to Patrick and Charlestown. Patrick, this is your lucky day.
Speaker 3: You don't have to hold another one.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 3: They just keep getting better. Hey, listen, I got two things. First off, let's let's just think about the psy ops that this entire thing is by focusing on the dogs and the cats. The fact of the matter is the story is democratic policy destroying the lives of mostly poor Americans who have no voice. That's the story.
Speaker 2: Which which Donald Trump should have whiched. Donald should have articulated Patrick, I agree with you. I agree with you that that city has been beset by I think it's about twenty thousand, a city of fifty thousand people, you know, not half as big as Newton. Just to put it in some.
Speaker 3: Perspective, Yeah, it's funny, but Newton never seems to get these immigrants though, and they never.
Speaker 2: Why do you think I mentioned new democratic policies?
Speaker 3: They never seem to.
Speaker 2: Be Patrick, Patrick, why do you think I mentioned Newton? I'm on your side, buddy.
Speaker 3: Listen. The second thing is, Dan, you are one of the most courageous reporters in Boston history who risk your life for years investigating corruption, Irish mob, Italian mob. Many people could have taken you out, and you had the guts, no matter what, to risk your life to get the truth out there. Now let me and you're also a great lawyer, so let me ask you this. When you investigate a facts facts, do you do due diligence? Yes, sir, And could you describe what looking into a claim might look like in terms of someone makes a claim, even if you believe it's outrageous, do you just claim that it's out Not you, Dan, But is it appropriate to just say affirmatively a claim is outrageous without investigating it first?
Speaker 2: Well, I think that there was if you're talking about Haitians eating dogs and cats. Where we started in Springfield, Ohio, the mayor out there, the police chief, as a matter of fact, the Republican governor said that's just not true. Now, as we said before at the start of the conversation, that city has absorbed about twenty thousand legitimate immigrants who came here by the at the request of the Biden administration, So that's what he should have focused on.
Speaker 3: Do you think you've exhausted all of your potential sources of information, not d end but the national media. Do you think some.
Speaker 2: People come forward, Have some people come forward, Have some people come forward, Bring five or six or ten people come forward and say, my dog was stolen and I saw that. You know what I'm saying, it's it's not true.
Speaker 3: This plentiful it's available, Dan, there's a there's a police report and it's recorded on August twenty sixth, talking about four du four geese being taken. You can listen to it and on Twitter.
Speaker 2: I know I've seen that report, but the the geese were not a dog or a cat. Okay, look Patrick, I got a run. Thank you for your thank you for your kind words, and I'm just I'm up against it. You read the clock as well as I do. We will continue our conversation, not after the news, but we'll continue our conversation I'm sure in the next few weeks, and I'm next time. Hopefully i'll get you before we get you know, I'll try not to take it before a newscast. Okay, I gotta run. Thanks Patrick, we'll take a break. If you'd like to join the conversation, you have the numbers, Bring it on.