Speaker 1: Hello everyone, Welcome back to a new episode of the Poker Go Podcast. My name is Donnie Peters. His name is Timothy Duckworth. We are done with the twenty twenty five PGT season, even though it is twenty twenty six January thirteenth, to be exact, six fifty seven pm. Chad eve Sledge did the damn thing. He came out on top of the PGT Million Dollar Championship, taking home five hundred thousand dollars. A stacked event, a stacked final table. Eve Sledge played well, of course, as he generally always does, doesn't matter the variant. This one happened to be nolamit HoldEm. But Eve Sledge one of the best in the world, and he also caught some pretty pretty damn good cards. I think every time I looked, he had pocket jacks. And you know, if you just get dealt pocket jacks every single hand, you're likely going to end up in the winner circle, you know, especially when you combine it with the skill and the experience that eve Sledge has. So that's going to be the gist of this episode, or the large portion of this episode talking about that PGT Championship event. I guess preview twenty twenty six. Sure, it's probably going to be here before we know it a couple weeks away, but you know how these things always speak up on us. Of course, if you guys did miss the event, and if you want to avoid some spoilers, I mean sorry, I already told you who won. But also turn the podcast off and then go over to pokergot dot com find the live stream of not only the Final Table which took place today, but day one coverage as well. Again for this season ending championship event. Big takeaways. I guess what do you got for me? What are your thoughts? What's rolling off the brain? What's kicking around in there? You look entirely preoccupied right now. I wish I could I could show you guys how preoccupied Tim looks when we get on this goddamn podcast. It is unbelievable. He's doing nineteen other things.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's a I'm just just trying to tackle everything as I can.
Speaker 1: Look, I know there is a time and a place right now is the podcast.
Speaker 3: Okay. It was a good final table, And when I say good, I mean we.
Speaker 2: Had a wide variety of players and how they qualified.
Speaker 3: Siding with Chad.
Speaker 2: Obviously he won the Super High Rollerball mix you know that was the uh you know that, plus the mixame series, possible series. That's he's basically his main way getting in. We had Lucky Chewy, pthora of cashes all season, plays PLO plays No Limit, had the eighteen cash Buddy now nineteen. I guess right, No, this doesn't cut us, it does. Second place finished to Jason Kern WSP fifty Hirolla. He also won the opening event of the season PGT Kickoff nearly one, the final event that.
Speaker 1: Would little have been crazy.
Speaker 2: Michael Wang always plays our PLO events, plays most of our No Limit Holono events. He won the ten k Plow Championship. That's how he got in. Daniel m'grano a little bit of here, you're kind of last few hlast few months, but you're.
Speaker 1: Kind of lying. You lied about Chatty said, you just lied about Michael Wang.
Speaker 3: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: You said this is how they got in. That's not how they got I'm just saying, look, we get in by winning super Hills games. That has tried to earn points to qualify on the leaderboard. Now the bulk of their points keeping, that's what I'm trying to get again. I'm trying to say I'm here to preoccupied.
Speaker 2: Tim Duckworth over here, I'm looking at the results right now. Daniel mgrano a little quiet last few months, but aed his's two victories earlier in the year. Obviously a hell of a lot of points of the WSP. We look at John ord AND's Super High roller Ball PLO winner, That's how he was kind of there. We've got Eric Blair massive start of the year, shoutout massive. He had the was a five consecutive cashes at the US Poker Open. He had his multiple victories all front loaded pre World Series for Eric Blair and then Aaron Cooper Dream Seat winner. Obviously he's still very experienced player. He has final table WBT event he has, He's a regular in RPGT mixed game series. He was the winner of an event down in WSP Paradise which also carried a dream See So a nice mix of players at this final table, some p low specialist, no limits specialist, mixed game specialists, the dream See winner.
Speaker 3: That was great.
Speaker 2: So that's the first kind of impression, you know, I got from the final table. We also had some close calls coming. You know, as we approached that final seven that came back today, obviously previous PGT player of the yes, Steven Chidwick.
Speaker 3: Bout out in eighth place. Last night.
Speaker 2: We also had dream See winner Ed Miller, who qualified you know via Rungo. They do a dream scene invitation at the end of their season. All the ring winners get to play for that winner represents run Good. And then we obviously had the most recently crowned PGT player, the Alex Foxen adding thirteenth and then the PGT Last Chance dreamc winner odb Baker fourteenth place. So, you know, just those last two tables a good wide variety of players and that all led to pretty you know, interesting mix of players at that final table.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, this was a really great event. It was by far our best PGT Championship ever, at least in my opinion. I really liked everything that came out of it, you know, my resulting thoughts and feelings. You know, I feel really good about where this event is. If I were to equate it to something more mainstream, I would say this is Poker's version of the FedEx Cup. That's how I describe it. And if you know, what the FedEx Cup is from golf. You need to familiar size yourself with it, sir, then this this is poker's version of that. So yeah, I think we're moving things along quite nicely in terms of the PGT Championship and the PGT brand, and I'm excited to kick things off with the twenty twenty sixth season and see where we can go from here. Chad E. S Ledge one of the absolute best, certainly one of the best all around players in the world. I'm sure you could make the case for the argument that he is the best all around player in the world. You know, He's one of those guys where maybe if he spent more time traveling the tournament circuit, playing some some lower buying type of stuff, then then he would start racking up many more titles than he already has.
Speaker 3: He doesn't need to worry about those small stakes.
Speaker 1: No, I know all the stuff, trust me, I understand, okay, And in that turn, That's what I was going to get into next, is like, you know, if he were someone who wanted to start making the leap to Triton or stuff like that, you know, then he could also be crushing there. You know, as it pertains to our events. Our events are higher stakes than some of the smaller stuff that I mentioned, right, But he really only comes out to our stuff for mixed games, you know. But he's a guy who if let's say he put in a whole volume on the PGT, or a whole season's volume on the PGT, then he would be absolutely crushing, right. I mean, he's I know, he said in his post win interview with Jeff that he was kind of wondering if he was a little bit washed up, you know. I know this is a little tongue in cheek for him, but a little bit washed up in terms of like where his no limit game is specifically, especially compared to some of these crushers that are in the field that he had a battle with in this event. You know, but Chad could certainly hold his own, and you know, he doesn't need to knock himself or his game in any way, shape or form. He is extremely capable, and he's also one of those players who's extremely sharp and can figure things out on the fly. So if there are players that are giving him a little bit of a tougher go of things as the tournament is playing, he's somebody who's certainly going to adjust and figure things out as they go.
Speaker 3: So can I go through so much chance results real quick?
Speaker 2: Yeah, got WSP circuit ring back in twenty thirteen, long time ago twenty twenty one, won twenty five k Hyroller down in Seminole. That's kind of his big kind of market result, I would say. Then that led him too, just a run of crushing WPT Venetian for nine hundred K. Then he went on to win the twenty five KWSP No Limit hold him for one point four million. Then he won five Diamond for another million. Then he won the Dealer's Choice bracelet on one hundred and thirty K. Then he won the next Dealer's Choice bracelet about four days later for three hundred K. Yeah, that was a crazy little a week of the Yeah, and then did pretty much nothing for the rest of the series. Then he won the hundred k Super Hiroller Bowl in twenty twenty five, and then he added the twenty five k horse Hyroller at the World Series last year for eight hundred and eighty K. And then you add this here, so his wins, you know, obviously he got the circuit ring and some other little small suppit all these wins are just in you know, massive WPT titles, WSP bracelets, so twenty five K high rollers or one hundred K high rollers, just like you know, an absolute basic. The only thing kind of missing from this is you know, some pl O wins. So maybe that's what he needs. Maybe he's he's good with no limit, he's good with max. He needs to get into PLO streets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean listen again, if he put in as much tournament volume as you see some of these other guys put in, you know, chat Eve Sledge would be up there with the Koons, the Chidwicks, et cetera. As far as I'm concerned, a very deserving winner in the PGT championship events. You know, he caught big hands when he needed to, but but played really well down the stretch for sure, And it really was you know, Chett Eve Sledge's final table. I'll say, maybe not his entire tournaments, you know, because the at least the second half of Day one really did belong to first Andrew Lucky Chewie Lichtenberger, and then it turned towards Michael Wang and those two players came in one two. Wang was first, Chew he was second, entering the final table. But then uh, Eve Sledge, I think he took both of them out at the Yeah, well he obviously beat Chewy heads up, and then he took out Wang. He did get a little lucky against Wang. I mean, you know, but it wasn't like a crazy Wang flopped top two pair on ten nine to eight flop. Usledge had kings and the river was an eight to counterfeit the two pair of Wang. What were the payouts in this thing?
Speaker 2: Chad took home half a million dollars, Lucky Chewy two hundred k, Michael Wang one hundred and twenty k, Daniel eighty thousand, Aaron Cooper and sixty k John Reordan forty thousand. Very uh, very polarizing, payous, very top heavy good. There should be a couple of reasons. We've been told players won a big first price. Second of all, it's good marketing number. Half a million dollars. It's not obviously conventional payoffs fifty percent first.
Speaker 3: But look, it's a free roll.
Speaker 2: We can do whatever we want, and hey, if they want to talk a deal, they can talk to But I didn't think these guys even discussed that they were just Wang, Bass said they went to take a little tolet break and straight back in on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean they might have talked to deal. I don't know. I mean, you never know what these guys do on those those short you know, two three five minute breaks or whatever, but I doubt it, you know, I don't think at least my read on the situation is that Chatty Sledge isn't someone who's gonna be willing to necessarily chop, you know, and saying with a lucky chewi, you know, I think these guys are going to play for It also does help when you know, at the end of the day it is a free role. I'm sure that helps with it to some degree. Big gap between first and second, but I think we like it that way. And yeah, these guys went forward and good on them. So what do you got on the entire PGT season like coming out of it all? I know it's obviously just ended, but you know you happy with it. You think we got things to improve upon. You know, where's your mind going for this twenty twenty five campaigns?
Speaker 2: We can always improve, just figure out kind of exactly where I think for us, we're gonna immediately look at introducing hands per level for final tables. I'm not really sure what that number is. We can obviously try and look at some data points. That's the first thing we're gonna kind of mole over. I think we may have touched on a last episode. But you know, we're going to make some you know, adjustments next year. But you know what I thought twenty twenty five was great. You know, we introduce a wide variety of new things. We had the Showcase of Poke Masters. That's our first multi flight, no limit hold them event here in the studio. That was a success, Introducing new trophies pokem Masters, Purple Jacket Trophy was the best trophy of the year. Added a new series, We added the Bounty Blitz. We tried something there, maybe fell a bit short. We added the the PGT Venetian in Las Vegas Classic. That was a pretty good event too. But yeah, I think we learned a few things. We're going to adapt. We're going to make some alterations for twenty twenty six and looking forward to what else we can cook up. What can we do with this new I always like to do, I mean new every season.
Speaker 1: Oh great, can't we can't wait for this? Nonsense?
Speaker 2: No, no, like you know, Like what I mean is like we've since the start, we've either added an event or added a series. We've either you know, we headed to Houston for the Champions Club. So what's what's next? What's new?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: Someways I don't know what that is. I don't really have an answer.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying I'm just looking forward to, you know, widening the PGT net and then you know, what adjustments can we make? How do we make this to it a little differently? You know, we're going to tweak the points system a little bit. We're going to make add decimals, nods.
Speaker 1: Why why are we rounding?
Speaker 3: It's fine? Rounding is fine, No, it's not.
Speaker 1: It's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Ridiculous is a strong strong word, sir.
Speaker 1: It's ridiculous. I'm here to tell you when you're ridiculous, and that's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Look, what I want to do is, you know, for most people that are aware anything tenthou dollar buying or under is basically one to one. I would like to give a bit more value to the sub ten case. And when I'm talking about that five K buyings, three K buyings, we've we've done at Venetian and we've done at Champions Club and we're bringing here to the studio and I'm not going to rule it out, but is there a world for two thousand dollars buyons in here one thousand dollars minds, I don't know, but we're going to change the points to give those a bit more value, really incentivize people to, you know, play down. But also if you're a high volume player at those stakes, we'll call them low stakes. You know, for the for the PGT, there's a bit more on there for you, you know, for the Jeremy Becker is out there, the Francis Anderson's, there's a bit, there's some more points that they can pick up, so that you know, these the months, the points that you see at the World Series, in the twenty five k's and fifty ks and one hundred ks, you know, there's a bit, there's a bit there's a way to soften, soften the blow a little bit in some other events.
Speaker 3: So I'm going to make that change.
Speaker 2: I feel like this three K price point is just just really good.
Speaker 3: Here in Vegas.
Speaker 2: And you know, I've floated the idea to players about doing a three K series six three ks. You know, back to back to back. They're like, yes, one hundred percent love that. We definitely can feel the studio doing that. So look, well the experiment do some other stuff, but we're also going to try and make things better. Like I said, his hands per level at the final table, the best, the best thing to do. I'm indifferent to it, but you know, I'm open to I'm opening to improving anything that you.
Speaker 3: Know, anyone wants.
Speaker 2: I think you made it aware to me that you know Pads you know, had an Instagram sorry saying he has a few suggestions for us. Reached out to him on Instagram said give him to me. I'm open to listening. I haven't heard back yet, but you know, we had a good conversation with Lucky Chiwy before he exited the studio and he shared his thoughts on a lot of things. So look, we're always open to hearing from everyone, and we just want to make the tour as best as we can for these guys, as you know, at the end of the day, it's their money.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, I mean listen, I'm all for listening to the players to an extent. You know, I know there are oftentimes suggestions that I don't know. Maybe they don't fully think everything through. But I also think that that goes both ways. You know, maybe we try and do something that it's like, oh, well, you guys aren't fully thinking something through, So you know, I get it. Definitely try and have the most symbiotic relationship as we can with the players, which is a good thing. So it's now been five seasons of the PGT. First season was twenty twenty one. You had Rock Ostizza winning the PGT Championship event that year. I believe it was a fifty k buy in for that one. Then we had Jason Kuhn, then we had Daniel Smilkovich, and then we had Jeremy Osmas last year, and then of course this year, as we already talked about, Chad Evesledge. So I don't know, five seasons feels like a nice little checkpoint to kind of look at things as a whole. I mean, what are your do you have any thoughts on I don't know, the five year span of the tour. Do you feel like we're ahead of where we were planning to be, behind where we're planning to be. I mean, I'll flat i'd say it. I know some of us didn't think this thing will last more than two years, so we're not moving into season six, so you know, I don't know, I feel like it's caught on very well. Listen, I've said this before, I'll say it again, but I know we're not you know, setting insane records here with with turnouts. You know, we're not. It's not thousand player fields stuff like that. But it's just a different type of tour of poker tournament, you know, focusing on higher buy ins, better more skilled players, you know, try and get you know, some of the best players in the world to come out here to the studio and elsewhere when we go to other properties, but mainly here at the studio and try and get them to compete in a season long quest. You know, we always hear about it, and we've heard about it for many, many years, you know, since the Dawn of poker. You know, you know, volume, volume, volume, You're never going to realize anything unless you put in the volume. So and I know sample size still isn't probably what you need it to be to realize like true results. But extending something over an entire season that lasts a whole year, I think it's probably the closest you're going to get, yeah, you know, to realizing that. So in that way, you know, I like it and I'm a sucker for that sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I think the most obvious thing we've seen is the desire and the kind of yearning to get into the championship. You know, it's not like it's and it's not like an a media write back, right, there's some you know, I guess twenty k in equity or EV for these guys. It's a very top heavy tournament, but it's very obvious that these guys really want to be part of the championship. And you see that a PGT lost chance, you see the sweats, you see the like you know, they understand everything that goes into just qualifying and like it's something they want to be, something they want to be part of. You know, that's probably the best thing. And like, you know, it started with twenty one players and it was like a whatever kind of event. We didn't get many showing up. And then you know, we expanded, we had the dream seats and you know, we made rule changes this year to make sure we hit the full field, which we did all fifty four players and there's definitely, Like I think when it comes to poker, you have the leaderboards, they care about that, they care about the chase, the fight, the prizes or the money whatever's on offer. And I think this year really really, it was really showed when it came to that BGT Last Chance. So I think that's something we kind of maybe didn't expect and that's kind of kept this tour ticking into like what's going to be the sixth season?
Speaker 1: Do you have any predictions on next season? I know we didn't necessarily plan for, yes, but any thoughts for what we might see maybe maybe like, are there any players who play the higher volume of PGT events this last season that you think will continue? Are there any players that you think will scale back? Obviously there's a lot of players that have told us they're going to scale back. With the whole tax situation, which is still you know, seems like it's very much up in the air, but you know, I don't necessarily know. I'm reading something on social media right now speaking of being preoccupied, but I don't know. It doesn't seem like it's good for the tax thing.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that look, the tax thing is going to be the biggest factor in the year, and when we are wait here next year, you know, I think we'll be discussing the tour with that in mind. You know, maybe come much it doesn't matter, or maybe it's really messes everything up and everything kind of shrinks. So it's hard to really speak on terms of volume for players, you know, even the ones we talked to, we don't really know when I you know, when it comes push to shove, you know, pigt kickoff or a cup if they'll be here. So, like I said, we're just going to make those adjustments, and what I think is going to happen is way you know, probably starting in the back half of the year, you know, post World Series or even during World Series, I think we will start doing a few different things to try and get new people in here, you know, whether it's a series of three ks or whether we can figure out some kind of cool two K buying, one K buying multi flight event that we can fit in the space, because that's always going to be our issue. So just trying to get new blood in the studio is always a big thing, and even with our majors, like just trying to get a few more satellites. Trying to get create that value for the for the regulars, is important for the for our players ecosystem. But yeah, it's really hard to speak of this year just because of the tax thing. Like if that wasn't a part of it, I would say we would continue to grow, we would be having more events, we would be having more new people, would be having more unique players, because I think the PGT is slowly just it's it's it's a slow, it's slow process, but we're slowly gaining, you know, that ground to where we can compete with you know, at a different level, but compete with WSPWBT or TRENT. It's never going to be any of those, but we definitely have a place here in Vegas, a constant, you know, to or throughout the whole year, you know, with some you know, little variations at other venues. But yeah, it's just it's just too hard to say what's going to happen in twenty twenty sixth and being honest.
Speaker 1: Well it sounds to me like, I mean, he was here for two and a half days, Daniel Legrand, who might not put in a full schedule in twenty twenty six I don't know. He seems so much more interested.
Speaker 2: In golf, is my read he seems, I mean half the time he was playing today at the final table, we see him practicing his chip shot or something that I know. So, yeah, look, does Daniel need to play poker? No?
Speaker 3: Does he need the money? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I can't speak for his money, but probably not. Come on, does he doesn't need I don't know. I'm not going to speak on part of his finances. He might have made some bad investments in something.
Speaker 3: Who knows.
Speaker 2: Does he need to stamp his legacy a little harder? I would say that since he won that bracelet in the fifty k, that's a pretty that was a pretty big stamp to his legacy. So he may be like, you know what, I don't need to be on the top of the old time money list. I don't need to hit one hundred million bracelets are good. I'll grind bracest.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I spoke with him a little bit today and as we were walking in to the studio and sounds like, you know, he it's very much I'm goal focused. We'll see what my playing schedule is like, you know, outside of that, and even at the World Series and for him to say I'm not going to play every day, it's a little hard to believe.
Speaker 3: And we'll sell with see if it happens.
Speaker 2: But you know, there's also the personal side, got the wife at home, trying to have some kiddies, you know, like where does that go? You know, if they do end up having a child, you know, that's obviously going to take you know, we know, we know how it is a photographer. Antonio is learning how it is. Takes a lot of time out of your regular life. So I think he I wouldn't be surprised if he scales it back everywhere.
Speaker 1: You know, Yeah, I think he'll. I think Daniel will. And Daniel finished fourth place in the PGT Championship, so that's why this is kind of top of mind. You know, he hadn't been playing a lot of PGT events towards the second half of the season, you know, and especially as things went into the later months of twenty twenty five. Obviously he was down in the Bahamas during WSP Paradise playing the joint events that were you know, both the WSOP events and PGT qualifying down there. But I don't know, I just get the sense that you know, like you said, he's just kind of kind of focused on improving his golf game, chilling at home and living that sort of life right now. Now. I will also say that, you know, having known Daniel for for many years, that he's highly competitive, and I think eventually he'll kind of swing back to poker. Yeah, you know, so maybe he scales back in terms of PGT or even if that is W s AP or whatever, but you know, eventually, I think that drive will kind of come back, you know, kind of just like it right now, it's coming back to him with golf, Like he really wants to focus on the golf stuff and he wants to get better there. You know, I think eventually he'll he'll kick back around to coming back into poker and then maybe he'll make you know, a couple more big pushes here and there, you know, kind of similar to what we've seen, not not maybe this season because it did kind of you know, fall off towards the end, but but prior seasons, you know, he was out here battling every single every single time that there was an event here at the studio. So I think that's what we'll kind of see for Daniel. I mean this is kind of related, but you know, because he obviously supports him and whatnot. But Jeremy Becker, I think he's someone who's going to go the other way. You know, he's coming off that big score in December at the WPT. You know, he won over seven hundred K for taking fifth place in that WPT World Championship events. He's had some other scores around town. He's done well here in the studio as of late. So I think Jeremi Becker is somebody who I mean, he's always told me that, you know, he wants to just keep playing bigger and bigger and bigger and play as high as possible.
Speaker 3: That's his goal.
Speaker 1: So you know, he's someone where I don't think he cares one bit about backing off as it pertains to the tax stuff. So you know, if he's got the money and he's playing well and feels like he's on form, you know he's going to be in here and he's going to be firing away. So he's someone who I would expect to actually scale up his volume, whereas we might see someone like you know, a Daniel mcgrown you scale back. You know, that's kind of my I read on the situation there and then I don't know, I just kind of get the sense that a lot of these guys again are just going to be here just firing. I mean, I don't know what. I mean, what else are they going to do with their lives?
Speaker 3: Exactly?
Speaker 1: This is what they do. They play poker, they gamble, and that's that. So I mean, we'll see, you know, I think one of the big things Tim and I have talked about it, and I think we've said it here on the podcast, but those those high roller events that are coming up at Seminole. You know, speaking of Jeremy Becker, he's currently on a plane right now going down there. But you know, how well do those events draw You know, you can't really use this PGT Last Chance series as a good gauge because there's just so much tied to qualifying for the free roll that I think anyone that was possibly thinking about scaling back is still going to fire hard during Last Chance just for the chance to get into the free roll. And then they'll they'll readjust you know, post Last Chance, post PGT Championship, So you know, we'll see how these these high rollers go for a lucky hearts down in Florida. We'll be paying attention to that. There's some other events that we can kind of keep an eye on. Of course, we have the PGT kickoff series that that we'll see how that goes. But yeah, you know, overall, I think it's going to be kind of an interesting, I don't know, a couple of months at least for poker as a whole, at least as it pertains specifically to the high roller scene. I think a lot of other stuff will we'll do just fine, you know. I think one of the things I'm most looking forward to is this, I don't know, there's this big ass chunk of events that's coming up in like February and March.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you have too many events. What's first Win Millions is first no WPT five k Venetian and then Win Millions, yeah, and then Poker Girl Cup like bang bang bang, and like partly overlapping with each other, so a good way. Yeah, yeah, no, for sure, Like you can basically come out to Vegas and just play anything and everything. So that's going to be a lot of fun and also you know, good to be able to compete and get out there. I'm gonna ty and get out there as much as I can. So what else you got for me? Uh?
Speaker 1: Kickoff starts in what two weeks? That's double points.
Speaker 2: Two x points for kickoff cash is they're trying to start our season. Then we're going to go into the PGT Mixed Games, one hundred cases of high roll the ball, Then we're going to go into PERG Cup and then everything else CBD from there. I guess I'm looking forward to hitting some more. You know, we hit a few big accomplishments on the PGT like what later this year? Like what well Alex Fox and Saving Chadwick both hit ten thousand PGT points.
Speaker 1: Sorry you you not we?
Speaker 3: You said we hit accomlised the tour.
Speaker 1: We okay, we as the tour has nothing to do with that accomplished well of the tour. You are so weird with this.
Speaker 3: No, not we.
Speaker 1: You didn't do anything to help Alex Foxen get to whatever that happens.
Speaker 3: I created some events for him to play.
Speaker 1: Alex Foxen is an absolute beast.
Speaker 2: Sam several, Alex Fox and Jeremy osmas Sean Winter all hit one hundred p GT cashes.
Speaker 1: Do you think Phil Helmony is going to play more events? Yeah? He kept talking about it during the Last Chance. He kept talking about how to get into the free roll. Yeah, I would like to see I told you know, Porker grows ceo that Brent Hanks the other day, you know, because I think I think Hellmuth might have been messaging him. Is he getting in the free roll or is he not? Obviously not, he missed out. He got close to winning one of those dream seas. But and I told Brent, I said, listen, the way Helm Youth shows up and battles and just fights till the ever dying last chip in every single tournament that he plays. If he were to put in I'm not even asking for full volume, just respectable volume. On the PGT, he would be a lock to qualify for the Free Roll. At one lock to qualify for the PGT Million Dollar Championship. Like, there's just no way he wouldn't qualify. He fights too hard to cash and then usually that results in in somehow making his way to the final table. Like, Yeah, you can make fun of his style, and you can say he's too tighter, conservative and certain spots and he does his own thing and all that sort of stuff. Yes, but he still performs I mean, he did very well at Last Chance, had a handful of deep runs at two final tables, Like, I mean, he can do it. So if he just put in the volume. The thing is with him is like he never shows up here. Yeah, like he might pop in for like one US Poker Open event and then we won't see him, or like one Poker Masters event and we won't see him. I mean, obviously we know what he does at the WSP and a lot of those events are PGT qualifying events. Yes, you know, but you have to be able to make up for stuff elsewhere unless you have like one of those crazy big scores you know, like a Michael Mssrocky did or whatever. But you know, without one of those, you really do have to grind the whole tour, Like the whole top forty of the PGT leaderboard that qualify, like the large majority of them grind the tour, you know. So if Helmet just came out here, like you know, I don't know, give me, give me thirty events, he's in for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If he plays thirty events I'm talking about I'm talking about at the studio. Thirty events at the studio, he's going to cash in like twelve of them. Yeah, probably make four final tables. I mean he he like he's going to have a baseline of like five or six hundred points there alone, yep, and then he can make up the rest of it when it comes to the WSIP and that sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: So let's go, Phil, come on, come on, let's go. If Daniel is going to be scaling back, let's put phil helmets in this place and let's see if Phil can do it. I would love to see it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, going back to this commentary real quick, this season twenty twenty six, a couple more people should a ten thousand points, Sam Sarvo, Jeremy Osmus, maybe, Dianian o'greenner one hundred, Kasha's saving Chidwick went away, Daniel o'greanner won away, Nick Schulman eight away, Carry Katz twelve away. So a couple potential accomplishments on the cause upcoming in twenty twenty six I would expect to see.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean that's a good list. Those are all the volume guys, of course, So yeah, you know, kind of just putting in your time and all that sort of stuff, you should do some sort of like I don't know, five year thing, now that it's been five years of the tour or five seasons of the tour?
Speaker 3: Have that plant? Actually? There you go?
Speaker 1: Perfect? So who's the leader in points? Has to be run here?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: How is it not.
Speaker 3: Alex Foxing?
Speaker 1: Oh? Foxing's leading?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: But when did Foxen start like really playing high rollers? Wasn't it like a season into the PGT? Like what did he do the twenty one season twenty twenty one or was he always around then? He was fairly always around. Yeah, he's cash that you know La Poker Classic.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, no, that's not he's facing He took second in the very first Aria high Roller of the season to dance me, so from the very s thought he was there.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, okay, all right, Well, you know it's gonna be fun. It's gonna be very fun. I don't really have anything else to talk about. I don't think you do either.
Speaker 3: How do we do with fantasy?
Speaker 1: I couldn't tell you, to be honest, we'll have to I'll just have to like wrap it up and then we'll talk about it on the next podcast. Let's just I don't want to be I don't want to be looking at it. I don't think anyone had Chatty Sledge. No, I'm trying to think, if well, then fuck you want? I mean you just want. I mean that's just how it is. I mean, it's unbelieving. I'm just the best, the best, I mean, you know, the best, the fantasy, the best. You got so lucky under what do you mean? You were drafted people that didn't even show up to things that we were doing.
Speaker 3: Okay, one guy, fucking Lewis Bence.
Speaker 1: It's it's just unbelievable. It's it's really is unbelievable.
Speaker 2: So I got nothing p G T wise, But I guess, like, what are wrapp plans a couple of weeks off? We're gonna play some cords? What are you gonna do?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I don't know what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 2: I gotta I got a very very silly Holf Marathon next weekend, which I might die at. So you might need to find a new podcast hot But fine.
Speaker 1: By me, Fine by me, buddy, fine by me. All right, cool, So we'll get out of here on that. Not much else to talk about again. If you guys missed the PGG Championship event, you guys can go find it on PokerGO dot com. You can also find it on the poker Go YouTube channel. Two days of coverage we got the entire final table was streamed as well as I don't know sixty or seventy percent of Day one, you know, a large portion of Day one, very very high level poker. I know you might not think that when you hear it free roll. By the way, this is a pep peeve of mine that's that's now grown in the last forty eight hours. But we can't call this thing the free roll, which I've already done many times on this podcast. We got to call it the PGG Championship just because I think free roll just has this stereotype to it that it's just like, oh willy nilly now the way Chino rembusted he was playing like a damn free roll. But you know it's certainly not not a free roll at all. Yes, it is a free roll in this, you know, the most specific definition of a free role. These players didn't pay anything to get in. But this is a championship level event. It is incredible and well. It is done and dusted, as are we. So for Tim Duckworth, my name is Donnie Peters. Oh, one more shout out. I'm gonna be on the Clyde Gaskins podcast next week, so you guys should definitely check that out. I can't wait for that. It was funny. Clyde's like, he's like, you know, he asked me if I want to be on whatever, and he's like, yeah, you know. He's like, it's pretty easy, you know questions. I said, Clyde, listen, I handle podcasts, Okay, you can ask me whatever the fuck you want. I do not care open book. He said, nothing's off the table. I said, no, Clyde, Look what worst case scenario, Clyde, I'm gonna just deflect because I know how to deflect, you know. But other than that, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: Asked you what I mean?
Speaker 1: Ask away? Ask away? So insult. That's gonna take place next week. I don't know when it comes out after that, but I'm excited to be on what is it called Snack Attack with Clyde Gaskin whatever you guys find it on YouTube. Clyde's the freaking man. Unless you're you're Jammie Becker, then you know, wow, Well, Jeremy just thinks. Jeremy's like a typical poker player right in that. Once you get one dealer and he starts giving you a couple of bad beats, that's just not your dealer anymore. Right, That's just how it is, you know, But we all know. It's just it's how you play. It's not how the content. All right, that's gonna do it for us. As I said, he's him Duckworth, and I am Donnie Peters, and we will talk to you guys next time.
Speaker 2: Jami