Speaker 1: It's night Side with Dan Ray on WBZ Koston's new video.
Speaker 2: Nightside Hour number two. Dan Ray is off. He'll be back on Wednesday to begin the year twenty twenty five. And there's an event going on tomorrow at one of our major venues in Boston, and it's gonna be paying homage to those who were on the music trails around Boston in the eighties. I know a little bit about it, but I brought in somebody who can speak with more power to that event tomorrow evening. Welcome back to WBZ, mister, Bradley J.
Speaker 3: Morgan. Thank you for having me. It's wonderful to be back. Yes, sir, there's a big event tomorrow that I'm really excited about.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm gonna tell people Bradley and I are gonna talk about this event until the first break, and if you want to call, you can call then I'm not I'm going to give out the phone number until I come back from that first break. So Bradley, what will we see tomorrow at the Paradise?
Speaker 3: All right, here's the story. Everyone. You know how you always hear about how wonderful the music scene was back in the early eighties, and it was. It was fantastic. You could go out five nights a week to a different club and it was you could afford to do it, and the bands were great, and there was a feeling of community in the rock community. There was a lot of love in the scene and gradually it kind of went away. Well that's kind of going to return tomorrow at the Paradise for what is a benefit to memorialize a memorial and a benefit for a guy named John Boy Franklin who was a person that was part of that community and he had a really tough early life and really rock and roll saved his life. They gave him a community and he came to know everybody. He was pals with, you know, folks like Peter Wolf, and he's always in the dressing room and he's always backstage and he had a camera. He became a fixture of the scene and kind of an icon for what the scene meant to people. It was his life and so there is a memorial to celebrate his life. Featurings a lot of the big names from back in the day, like the folks from the Atlantics and big city rockers of Fred Panot of the Atlantics and Doug Maddox, a band called Diablogato, Charlie Farron of Joe Perry Project and Fahrenheit, Adam Sherman, Johnny Barnes, and there's a fun band called the Scrooges which dress they dress up in Santa outfits. I guess I've never seen him, and they do iggy pop covers. And folks from BCM will be there, Carter Allens, Carmelita Carter Allen, Chachi Shred, I'm gonna be an MC. I don't know if I'll be on all day or whether I'll be bringing other people up as well to share the duties. Plus, I think you would dig this. Lots of hundreds of photos and T shirts and posters and jackets from John Boy's collection, and I've seen some of the items, including this Killer Rowing Stones jacket and a couple of J. Giles jackets and.
Speaker 2: At last for sale, Yah, you bid on them silent auction style.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Then, I don't think there's gonna be I mean, I can't speak to this for sure, but I don't think there's going to be an actual voice auction, you know, like can I get a hundred? Can I get two hundred? I got two hundred. Can it's not like that.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 3: I don't know how they will be sold some form of auction, I believe, Okay, but if somebody wants some bad enough that you know, might be able to get them. Tickets are very reason and it's in the daytime. It starts at two thirty, I believe, two thirty until till about seven, Yeah, two thirty to seven. It's also all ages, so.
Speaker 2: And you're you're gonna be there at the beginning or maybe throughout the entire five plus hours. Okay, Oh yeah, I'm all.
Speaker 3: I'm all in on this because it's gonna be like as far as I canna tell, it's gonna be like nineteen eighty three, or with all of the people in the bands from that time, the people in the DJs from that time, and the uh a lot of the people who went to the shows from that time. You're gonna if you were in the scene, you're gonna probably see a lot of people, you know, And if you just want to a little hint of what it was like back then, when there was a real community around the rock scene in Boston, then it's worth showing up. I mean, it's low Dough I'm not gonna give out the ticket for but it's trust me low.
Speaker 2: And is Private light I'm sorry? Is Private Lightning one of the bands because they were a big band back then in the eighties into the nineties.
Speaker 3: It was Adam Sherman in Private Lightning. I might be stumped on that.
Speaker 2: I think he was at one point.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, Adam Sherman is going to be there. I'm a little faced on that for sure, but it was one.
Speaker 2: Of his bands. But I could be wrong.
Speaker 3: God, you know, forgive me, forgive me.
Speaker 2: That's okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And there there are certain names being floated of people who might show up that I just can't disclose because it's not one hundred percent, but other names. And I just think it's such an interesting thing. I mean, it's very local thing the Boston music scene, and so many people listening now remember they went out to one club or another. Maybe it was the Paradise, or maybe it was the Channel for a BC and lunchtime concert or any you know Storyville in Kenmore Square, how about that one? Or streets on comm app all these little clubs that gradually went away. And it's not just the clubs that went away, but the camaraderie, the community and the love kind of went away. But tomorrow I think it returns at the paradise.
Speaker 2: So my in studio producer Nancy just looked up private lightning and you were right. Yeah, Adam, Thank.
Speaker 3: God, Adam, thank god.
Speaker 2: You know Okay.
Speaker 3: And by the way, I need to thank Sean McNally from the former manager of the channel. He's doing the heavy lifting on organizing all this. And also thanks to John Graham who used to get guests from me sometimes he you know, he it was kind of his brain child partly, So thanks to all those folks that are, you know, involved in putting this together. They don't get enough credit.
Speaker 2: And if I'm not mistaken, because I kind of half pay attention to the weather forecast, like I hear them obviously twice an hour when I fill in for Dan Ray. But if I'm not mistaken, it's supposed to be a nice day tomorrow somewhere in the somewhere in the forties for December. That's a bonus. And sunlight not clouds.
Speaker 4: Yep, sunlight for about three hours, right, yeah, hopefully you'll be this three hour time period between two and five thirty yep.
Speaker 3: So I'm super duper excited. I'm gonna like shave and everything. It's a big deal.
Speaker 2: You're gonna shave for this.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna shave my beard, but you know, when you get a beard, it's so easy to not trim it and like let them grow.
Speaker 2: Oh don't, don't I know. I'm I let.
Speaker 3: It go sometimes for weeks. But tomorrow I'm gonna do the straight razor shave and just look my very best.
Speaker 2: Now, once again, tell people the address of the Paradise, because there's some people that don't know to look on carm Alves.
Speaker 3: Nineteen sixty seven. Carm aff the Paradise. It's been there. It's a Boston icon. Oh my god. You you know everybody has seen the band at the Paradise, everybody from Lou Reed to who else, Lou Reid, a lot of those British bands, Gang of Four, Martha and the Muffins, the Motels, all those folks. That's uh.
Speaker 2: I I played the Paradise once.
Speaker 3: What did you do gig?
Speaker 2: That trivia? I did a trivia gig and I opened for who was it? Leon Kottkey?
Speaker 4: Really, uh, I wouldn't fit to you, cocky was it Leon Cocky?
Speaker 2: I think that's what it was. You're asking me to remember forty years ago. But yeah, okay, all right, all right, let me take my trust. I'm gonna trust you. Let me take my break. And there are already a couple of people who've lined up to chat with you. So I'll give the phone number and then i'll do my outqu of time and temperature six one, seven, two, five, four, ten, thirty eight eight eight nine to nine, ten thirty time nine point fifteen, temperature thirty five degrees.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Way live from the Window World, Nice Sight Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: I'm Morgan filling in for Dan. If you just turned on your radio and you missed the top of the hour up to right now, Bradley jays here. So Bradley recap what we talked about for the first fifteen minutes of night Side.
Speaker 3: Okay, good, And I have an addition, a little bit of a correction. Excuse me if you just joined us my friends. Uh and and you hear a lot about the eighties rock scene in Boston. It's gonna kind of come alive tomorrow with the Paradise at two thirty. Uh And there's gonna be a memorial for a guy you probably don't know, but you'll find out about when you get there. The important thing is that you're going to see some artists from back in the day, in the eighties and the halcyon days of Boston Rock. You're going to get to probably seek Meat, hang out with Carter Allen, Carmelita Chacci, Shred, definitely me. You got Adam Sherman from Private Lightning and the Souls Charge, Thank you, Yes, et cetera, Johnny Barnes and other details of the paradise. It's on comm I have nine sixty seven. Tickets are cheap. There's a lot of stuff really killer cool rock Albelia that will be available, and it'll be just played and auctioned off. And Sean McNally, the organizer of the event, says, both this is a clarify both live and silent auction. Both live and silent auction.
Speaker 2: I did that, thank you, okay.
Speaker 3: And as far as tickets go, just go to the Paradise at box Office starting tomorrow at two do that. Save yourself. You know that's the easy way, okay, box office Paradise, and you know it'll be fun. For you to just even be in the paradise and bring back memory.
Speaker 2: So there you go. And the performer was Leo l Eo krat key.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 3: I looked that up too, and I opened Leo is maybe Leo is short for Leon though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, take off that last letter and now let's uh give up the phone number sixty eight eight eight nine thirty. There's one open line. Grab it and you'll be the third person to speak with my buddy Bradley J. Let's go to San Francisco and speak to David. David, you've been waiting four days for this.
Speaker 6: You better believe it. And first of all, we'll thank you for the dispensation for allowing me to call. I called earlier in the week, So thank you. And first of all, I have to say when I think Morgam White Junior and I think of Bradley JA, I can't help us think. Now there's a pair of the Beats a full house.
Speaker 2: I wish I could I wish I could work that in Vegas.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Bradley, let me ask you. There's two actors. One is Tony J and the other is Ricky J. Any relation, jesus, I know Ricky J.
Speaker 3: But who is the first the other.
Speaker 6: One ying once he was in a he did a walk on on the Golden Girls.
Speaker 3: Yet no, there was also John Jay, the founding father something like that. Well, yeah, none of them related to me as far as I know.
Speaker 6: Okay, well just uh yeah, I love Ricky Jay. Oh he was.
Speaker 2: Something a very good magician. Yeah, that was.
Speaker 6: Just that was his first profession was he was a yeah, a journeyman musician and.
Speaker 2: Troop one of the best light of hand performers you've ever seen or not.
Speaker 6: He was supposed to meet this uh woman for an interview and it was obviously I didn't like each other at the beginning, And he went to a restaurant and sat down and was facing each other and she's holding a newspaper up and she pulled the newspaper down and there was a one foot cubic block of ice on the table. And then how he did that? But I just thought that was just incredible. But anyhow, and one more thing I want to ask, because I know you heard of the local band. They're local by means of New England as from Rhode Island called Combustible Edison.
Speaker 3: I've heard of him. They they're kind of a novelty band, right, they do something weird.
Speaker 6: Well, the thing is they employ every genre of music you can think of, from surf to punk to R and B jazz and everything, and they're really talented musicians and then mostly instrumentals. They do do a boss version of Chromee River. But I just thought I've been the favorite of mine for a couple of years now. So geat Combustible Edison.
Speaker 3: So Commustible Edison. I looked at an American neo lounge music group founded.
Speaker 6: In nineteen that's a good term. Uh yeah, David Millionaire's Holiday uh uh one of my favorites. And uh there's one that's uh spy versus spots kind of like a James Bond uh uh mix. So it's really good, really good tune. But anyhow, I want to thank you for taking my phone call and I listen of a Happy New Year to everyone. Uh and I forgot to say hi to Tony in Ohio and Gohea and Brighton. But anyhow, thank you for taking my call, Morgan, and we'll talk again soon, okay, and Browley, it's so great to hear your.
Speaker 7: Voice, my heroes. Thank you, David.
Speaker 2: Happy New Year to you too. And Glenn and Brighton is next and oh boy, oh boy, bye David and Bradley. I think you were thinking of the movie House of Games with Yeah, I love that movie. I saw that movie in Vegas, come to think of it. Speaking of Glenn and Brighton, let's push a button and puff he is Glenn and Brighton on night.
Speaker 5: Glad Hello, Hello, oh yeah, happy knowing you that both you guys. This is great being here. I was gonna correct you on leo'cacky he had to be hit did he want? Did he don't ask me to sing it? But yeah? And Bradley to introduce me to depeche Mode, and we Bradley and I used to talk about a seven string guitar drop tune, you know, stuff like that.
Speaker 3: I turned you onto depeche Mode. Well that's pretty good.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 5: Hey, I give credit words due even if we don't agree poetically, that's true.
Speaker 3: We some say depeche Mode the greatest sin pop band ever.
Speaker 2: That's what they say.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Uh, who is that woman I had a crush on that used to have on Monday morning once a month, joice somebody. She was a psychologist or a psychiatrist or I forget her last name Joe Brown Brad. We had that woman.
Speaker 3: She was an astrologer.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, she was somebody. Yeah.
Speaker 3: People would call some j Yeah, they would call in and give their information. She would tell them their future and stuff. I don't which I don't. I don't want to know the future. I don't get that whole thing.
Speaker 5: Oh I don't either. I know what.
Speaker 2: You get a crush on every woman you hear? Well, almost well, I would say eighty five of the women you hear, whether they guests or on TV, or in the movie or singing U fronting a band, you were in love? Yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: One of the my all time favorite like ongoing things when I was the overnight host was Glenn's romance real or imagined romance with the waitress at the Eagle Deli in uh.
Speaker 5: I was Talk Show Gold. That was.
Speaker 3: It was Talk Show Gold.
Speaker 5: It was I was. I remember when I called Mark we Lla would say you weren't on this week? Were you? And I'm like no, he goes good. You know he was doing the show.
Speaker 3: But yeah, because it was like Jerry Seinfeld, you know, Glenn had a crush on his waitress. And then one time, I remember this, you were crushed because you ordered French fries and she gave you some other kind of potatoes and you said something and she said, I don't have time, and you were heartbroken.
Speaker 5: Correct, she was supposed to give me hash proms and she gave me French fries instead. At eight o'clock in the morning, That's what it was.
Speaker 3: Something like that, and you thought, oh my god, she does not love me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because I had a hash and cheese omelet and she's there were French fries in there. I'm like, whoa was? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: There are three people that owe me a phone call that we well two of them, you know, and one of them is Wayne Greenside, is the guy with the horse from the post office. And Tom Fuller, the electrician, the guy that worked at the TGI Friday's with you.
Speaker 3: If you were a character on Seinfeld's, which one do you think you'd be? Would you be Kramer or George or Jerry? Which are you more like?
Speaker 5: Well, I'm gonna because I'd be Constanza. Yeah, which one, we'll see. I'd be the Tromungeon if there was. When I wasn't a huge Steinfeld fan, I like the Electric Beast music. That was the only reason I listened to it the.
Speaker 3: You know somebody up to Now Glenn, what's the modern Glenn up to?
Speaker 5: Well, I go to uh, you know pro Trump rally's at the Statehouse of course, when I met and there's a woman named Christine dohert he owes me a phone call. She gave me a Trump flag at six foot tall.
Speaker 2: And I guess you kind of like her voice too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she has a voice like the woman on the the dream James for Dreams James By Dreams commercial, the one that's stuck in traffic and the guy says, tell me if around my stink's broken. She goes called Jeams Trained by James, you know the commercial fast, the one she sounds like.
Speaker 2: Well, I kind of hate to do it to you, but I got news knocking on the door. So you got to speak to Bradley Jay.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's good.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Glenn.
Speaker 3: So good to talk to Heppy.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, I miss. I even miss when he used to say I hate giving free stuff to lazy people. A lot of people didn't like that. I thought it was funny.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm glad to get one more comment. Dan, good night, Glynn, good by. Now open line. You want to take it. We've got a Brocton, We've got a San Antonio, and we've got you. We've got room for you. Six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty eight, eight eight, nine to nine, ten thirty. This is Night Side. I am Morgan. Time and temperature nine thirty two thirty five degrees.
Speaker 1: You're on the Night Side with Dan Ray on WBZ, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Dan is off tonight and Monday and Tuesday. He will be back Wednesday at the beginning of twenty twenty five. My name Morgan White Junior. My guest Bradley Jay, and let's go. We're taking you to San Antonio.
Speaker 3: Bradley you ready, I'm ready to go to San Antonio. It's too cold here.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is too cold here, Dave and San Antonio. Welcome Tonight's side.
Speaker 7: Bradley, you and I used to talk years ago.
Speaker 3: I'm doing great.
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 3: Is that what you asked?
Speaker 7: Do you know? Do you remember when you told me that you got off the train in San Antonio and everybody treated you like to know you for a hundred years.
Speaker 3: Yes, there was right at the train station San antoniop So back wait a minute, folks, backing up a little bit of the story. I took the train from New Orleans to Los Angeles, and train only stops like once, and that's right there in San Antonio. Stays for four hours. I had time to get off, see the Alamo at right and go to a little bar by the train station. Looked like it was in a house, but everybody was super friendly. It seemed like like they knew me for one hundred years. Let me get you a drink, guy, It was pretty great. Love it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you're worth bumps to count to dinner.
Speaker 3: Oh, I didn't realize that I missed out.
Speaker 7: The next time you're taking your train ride, stop Santoni. Come on over the house. We'll give you dinner.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: I'll have to have to give Morgan your address, so i'll have it with me when I go.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I used to call you. You were a late night guy. After I got bored with that rhino from rate to twelve, I had a real liberal to fight with.
Speaker 3: So, hey, what do you do all day? How do you spend how do you spend your day? What do you do?
Speaker 7: I'm a retired engineer. I'd spend my day and two great grandchildren.
Speaker 3: Well, that's great. That's nice. You get to do that. When you say engineer, do you mean like to uh designer?
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 7: I worked on recumberines and autimobiles and aircraft, uh, farm equipment, special machines too.
Speaker 3: See, how did you learn to do all that stuff? That's hard work. I wouldn't want to do that too hard.
Speaker 7: He's just sitting there the drawing board dreaming up ideas.
Speaker 3: That's pretty cool. Well, good for you. He sounds great. It sounds sound healthy. Anyway.
Speaker 7: I used to bite to work every single day that I worked, every day of the year. I got so addicted to it. I did it in the snow and the ice and the wind, and every one night I got my toes off frost pitten. Lucky for me, I it was them. They all came back to life.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 3: Great, that's a that's a bonus. Let me tell you, Uh what is that? What do you call that area? That they got this little river, but they built this walkway by the river in sand.
Speaker 5: Of the riverwalk.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the river walk.
Speaker 3: Yep. I made it to the river walk. That's as far as I got.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there's a lot of there's a lot of Spanish uh stores there in Mexican and my wife she she was a real dark haired galo anyway, and she used to like to wear that that same material, and we'd always shop for material there on the river walk for my wife to make her dresses and all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, so is it warm down there? It's really cold up here. It's been pretty darn cold. In my house it was fifty three degrees five three fifty three degrees with the heat as much as we could. That's too. Well, it's pretty you know what's like that here?
Speaker 8: It is here.
Speaker 7: It's uh, it's seventies of the days and forties and fifties at night.
Speaker 3: That's the wintertime Boston. Yeah, but uh, summertimes, summertime, isn't San Antonio uninhabitable? Kind of everyone has to go underground.
Speaker 7: It's not very nice. It's not very nice. I always gotta I don't have it here on the top of my head, so it's got to wear a hat when I go outdoors because about for ten minutes it just burns top of my head. I mean, it's done. Really, it's really hot, dry.
Speaker 3: Heat, as they say down there, is it dry?
Speaker 7: It's kind of dry? Yeah, because we're very low on water, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Even if it's a dry heat. It's no fun when small animals are exploding because it's too hot.
Speaker 7: It's here, I know, I know, it's it's you always got to make sure you got water in your end up getting dizzy. Lack of water in your body.
Speaker 3: You gotta you gotta have a salt lick, right, you got a big block of salt, like a like a cow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you don't get Dave, thank you for taking the time to call.
Speaker 7: Yeah, just talking to you, all right. Have you got a radio show at night anywhere?
Speaker 3: No, I do not.
Speaker 7: It's too bad because she never know this.
Speaker 3: It's never too late.
Speaker 7: We just sit and fight about politics, all right.
Speaker 2: David, I got to get along. You take care now. All right, Now we're gonna go to Brockton and speak to Cleo. Cleo, welcome to night Side.
Speaker 8: Hey, how's it going, gentlemen? What's going on?
Speaker 3: Hanging in?
Speaker 2: Just another night, just another Friday night.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Yeah, it's great to hear you morning, Bradley Jay.
Speaker 8: Great to hear you again on the radio. I've been always a fan of you from from back in the days from one oh four, and I used to listen to you at night when I used to, you know, like I I problem sleep and I just put the radio on.
Speaker 7: You'd be talking and.
Speaker 8: Arguing with people about politics. I thought it was fantastic.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you.
Speaker 3: I am away from politics as much as I could.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: Oyah, what are you doing tomorrow afternoon between two and five?
Speaker 7: I wish I could go.
Speaker 8: I am going to be tied up because I got my buddy watching the Patriots. Believe it or not, I promised to go. I wish I could go to the show. The show. I never met the individual, but I heard of him and I forgot some of the oddists is John but you're gonna be performing.
Speaker 3: You know, he's I have not seen his name on the list. Let's just put it that way.
Speaker 8: Say, okay, what about what about Clarence? Oh god, Clarence no parents Winfield and parents.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought his name's not on the list. But again, some people are going to show up that down on the list. I don't know. I just have to say I don't know.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, I mean it's just like when you do a benefit of such of that to for for an individual, I like to see everybody come out for that that that's very important that those those type of people show up the support an individual like that, So it's it's incredible you're doing God's work, as they would say, and.
Speaker 2: Keep it up.
Speaker 8: And like I said, I just want to talk to you, say hi. I spoke to Morgan earlier today. He gave me I'm gonna be on with him Monday, and they show I'm going to do like I got to be honest, you and I listen to you guys back in.
Speaker 2: The Cleo Cleio going once, well he still lit on the computer, and we're going to be doing an extension of what you're going to be doing tomorrow. And Cleil's gonna be on with me next week. We're gonna be talking about legendary performers across the board from Boston, rock or pop or soul or what have you. And we're gonna be talking all of the major names. Cleo and I and I forget what time. I forget what time he's on Monday. Tell you what I've got a break to take and when we come back, I want you to resell what you are doing tomorrow because for people who are listening now who weren't here at the top of the hour. So time and temperature nine forty five thirty five degrees.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan way Line from the Window World Life Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Dan is off tonight. I wish I could have a nickel for every time I've had to say that this week, I'm Morgan Morgan White Junior, one of my best friends. I won't say my best friend, but I will extend that a little bit to one of my best friends. Bradley Jay is here and he's got an event he's going to be a part of tomorrow. So let's pretend that there are people calling now that weren't around at the top of the hour. What are they going to witness tomorrow with you with the Paradise.
Speaker 3: Okay, so folks, imagine this. If you will remember back in the day how excited you were when you went to the clubs in Boston. Man, things kind of change and you got married, you had kids maybe, or you got a job and you kind of got out of that. But remember the excitement. Will you can relive that excitement for real tomorrow at the Paradise at nine to sixty seven commav in Boston, just like it's always been. Because there's a benefit to memorialize and raise money for a cause for a guy named John Boy Franklin who's a guy in the scene, and to celebrate and to memorialize all these folks are coming out. I'll certainly be there as MC. Other people on stage include Karma Leda from BCN and Kygie Allen and Chacci and Shred and maybe more and bands like Fred Big City Rockers featuring Fred Panoa of the Atlantics, Dog Maddics, Tremendous Boston Band and Charlie Farron, Joe Perry Project from Joe Perry Project and Fahrenheit, Adam Sherman from Souls in Private, Lightning Johnny Barnes, and there's going to be memorabilia, but real deal memorabilia there for sale, a live and silent auction, and that goes The benefit is for the Italian Home for Children in JP. They assist in house. They assist house and educate the youth of Boston, not just Italians but everybody. They've been around for one hundred plus years, so it's a good cause. But most of all, you get to remember that little thing of excitement, and who knows, maybe run into somebody that you knew from some radio station or some band that you met before, or somebody who was a fan. When you were a rock fan back in the eighties, it was a wonderful time, and that magic is gonna return tomorrow at the Paradise at two from two to seven. I'm there the whole time. I'm completely in on this, and I'm going to check out the stuff that is available to purchase by auction. There's a Rolling Stones jacket. Oh wait a minute. Sean McNally, the guy who is putting us together, just sent me a photo of some of the jackets. Okay, there's a little what looks to be leather. Look, I'm looking at a little picture here with the Rolling Stones lips and tongue logo. There's a Jay Giles band, there's an Arrowsmith one. There's another Jay Giles band jacket, and there's this. There's a jacket that's looks like black satin and it says nineteen seventy two. Stones. Can't read the rest of it. It's got like a one die of like one half of a pair of dice. Now, I don't know that if this is legit as far as the provenance, I can't vouch for that. I don't know. But when you go you, you know, find out the Jay Giles jacket. Imagine having that a Jay Giles Jackson. There's a Jackson's jacket, and this is stuff that was I guess collected by the person that's being memorialized, John Boy Franklin and some of the Jackets badly.
Speaker 2: When you say Jackson's, that's the name that Jackson five went by after they left Motown and went to Epic. Is that the Jackson's to what you're referring.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you might think that's weird, but it's See. This is the thing about John Boy Franklin. He seemed to know everybody, and he got into places a no you know, you couldn't get in, and he got to know people. I would be surprised that he knew. So this the real deal. I'm just looking at a picture, so I can't be sure.
Speaker 2: But we know the controversy of the Jackson's when they played this area because Chuck Selvin of the Patriots same he put the money up for them to play at Foxboro Stadium and the town of Foxborough did not want them to play there, and there was a big controversy. So maybe that's where this jacket came from.
Speaker 3: When they was that during the time of the Jacksons rather than Jackson five.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was Oh wow, that was if I'm not mistaken. The name of the tour was Destiny, and that was his Destiny tour in the early eighties.
Speaker 3: I hate to ask this, but then the natural question is why didn't they want him to play.
Speaker 2: They just felt that it would be too much of a zoo because of Michael Jackson mania of that time. But he was doing this Destiny tour with his brothers and if you want me to expand the father Joe Jackson wanted Michael to do one more tour to give his brothers a chance to make some of the money that was out there. Huh, and fought the town council and Foxborough did not want that to happen because they figured they would be just too much happening around Michael Jackson. And you know, Michael Jackson. Let's put it this way. You can have a Rolling Stones concert or Michael Jackson concert. Foxborough had both, and the Rolling Stones, who you would have thought could have been problematic, it went off without a hitch. But what are you going to do? I didn't make any decisions. They do not ask my opinion back then.
Speaker 3: I know, that's too bad. I'm surprised. Yeah, they said, well that's really interesting. That's the thing about you, Morgan, you know more than any other man alive. And that I'm not saying that. I'm serious, I tell you. Of course, it's so weird when Morgan would come in after me, as you know, Morgan Ida, and Morgan's preparing his show outside the studio, and I'd come out for a break and say, Morgan, ask me a question. I'd make him.
Speaker 2: Ask and what did I And what did I say? What did I say? Give me a subject? What topic?
Speaker 3: You'd say, my topic? And I would usually say, I don't know, world War two?
Speaker 2: And I would give you world War two questions.
Speaker 3: But I didn't care because I was always just so impressed that you knew that both the question and the answer.
Speaker 2: Now, I only have like two minutes left to the hour. Is there an email or website or two tin cans in a string that people can get in touch with you or maybe follow all the Bradley J. Things that you do.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, dude, I'm glad you asked right now, Okay, you just go to just google Bradley J. Wix wix. I haven't you know that's it. That'll do it, and it takes you to a website with links to everything that I do, including the travel Bradley Jay Travel YouTube channel. By the way, that a new video's coming up and soon because I'm going to Villnis, Lithuania, believe it or not to do a video. There's also original music. There's another thing that I do musically with a collaborator called Bridge Bender, and there's links to everything there at the bio.
Speaker 2: And I wanted to make sure you gave that information up because as you could tell, you've got a lot of fans out there, and I hope tomorrow is buffo business for you, a huge success for the charity and I'll have you one sometime in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: Cool. Thank you so much for dedicating the time to this event. It's for great cause. It's a real Boston local event, and you know, good on you for letting me go on and on about it.
Speaker 2: No problem, Bradley, you take care all right. People. Next hour, my buddy, Lieutenant Bruce Apothecar, formerly of the Newton Police Department the City of Newton. Time and temperature nine point fifty eight holding at thirty five degrees