Speaker 1: Yeah, and welcome everybody to another episode of this un Kenny, if you're probably where is the bumper music? Where is the cameras? Where is the Wherever's? Well, Unfortunately we had a little bit of technical difficulties on our ends here, so we're just gonna be doing this one audio. But anyways, my guest tonight, bigfoot researcher, wildlife researcher, all around good guy. I've met him quite a few times different conventions that I've spoke at, he's spoken at, and we always get along real well, solid guy, ladies and gentlemen. Manpresent to you Daniel Benoit. Hello, Daniel, how you doing.
Speaker 2: Hey, Robert, thanks you for having me. Man, this is awesome. I am glad to be here.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Thank you so First for the people, tell the people a little bit about yourself and what it is that you do or like to do.
Speaker 2: Well. First of all, I'm a while life and bigfoot researcher. I've always had a very strong interest in the outdoors ever since i was a young child. I mean I was always playing out in the woods, hunting, tagging along with dad or whatever it may be, you know. But over the years, when I got involved with when Bigfoot Team into my life so many years later, you know, a whole new world opened up to me. But I will tell you my whole thing behind this is put me out in the woods. The woods is my playground. And I know, I'm sure I'm not the only one to say this or think or feel this way, but I mean, I can't help but stress how much I love the outdoors and that's where I'd rather be, you know, most of the time. But yeah, I mean I've been involved with for the Bigfoot research for about a little over thirteen years now, and it's been very rewarding in many different ways. And but yeah, my thing is get me out camping, exploring, educating others, bringing awareness to what I do, and you know, among along with others as well. I like promoting others. And uh, you know, I get you know, it's funny I say that because I get people pointing fingers, like all you do is put stuff out there about you, about you, about you. What little do they know they're not really paying attention. I'm actually promoting others. Yes, it's very important that I feel that I'm a stress on who I am and what I do and my and share my views on the topic, but I am always about promoting others, and you know, I want others to have that recognition. There's people out there that, you know, I know what they do, but they're really not known. I mean, I don't consider myself known, but my awareness is starting to get out there. People are are becoming more familiar with who I am. So yeah, I mean, that's pretty much where I where I'm at right now. I mean, as the wildlife and big foot researcher, educating and spreading awareness and yes, stepping put out in the woods every chance I get. I speak at various conventions, you know, up along the East coast. For this year twenty twenty four, most of my conventions are taking place right in the state of Pennsylvania. I got a couple of conventions that I'm hosting. The one, the first one, well, actually, let me back up if we're going in order of the event. It's the first one is actually coming up in May May twenty fifth in Somerset, Pennsylvania. It's the Pennsylvania Missed the Legends Festival. Both me and my fiancee, Julie, we're working on that together. We're excited about that and and then jumping ahead June twenty excuse me, June fourteenth and fifth in Virginia is the annual eastbo of Virginia Bigfoot Conference. So that's a lot of work being put into these events. And uh, that's just a small touch on what we do apart from hosting events out there in the field researching. You know, we we do a lot of investigations. We get a lot of reports, which we love reports. We welcome reports, and if it's something within our range or it's something that we're able to do, we'll schedule it for ourselves to investigate. One of the biggest things that this is insane. Oh did I freeze up with something?
Speaker 1: It's been going back and forth. Okay, anyways to get back into things, when did you start getting into bigfoot?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Where was your love of bigfoot?
Speaker 2: Oh? My thirteen plus years ago? I tell you wait, it started off in Virginia. However, a lot of my early of the research, a lot of my early part of the research took place. Actually some of it happened here in Pennsylvania many years ago, but Virginia has been my main focus. Tell you what got me into it? And it's it's funny this has been a very debatable video footage, but the Roger Patterson Bob Gimmelin footage, many people are well familiar with that, and it's, uh, it's something that caught my attention and actually really opened up a curiosity that actually developed into a very strong passion over the years. So so yeah, it's that video footage really opened up the door, and I know it has for many others as well. So you know, then of course later on, you know, watching the different documentaries and the different shows that came along finding big Foot. Yeah, I f any Bigfoot was a big part of it that came on later on, and now we got Expedition Bigfoot. Uh, there's so many different documentaries out there. It's it's been fascinating to learn others, learn, learn about other people's experiences and learning and hearing the different theories that are involved in this. So it's kind of hard to say where to, you know, you want to jump on board with some of these. But I'm somebody that when I especially when I first got involved in this, I heard and learned of a lot of theories. But I I was somebody. I was like the kid in the back of the classroom taking notes. I didn't jump on board with anything, but I took notes of them until this day. I like this. I feel that it's something that I keep an open mind about. So if that makes you know any sense. But let's see, I'm just checking. I know we had some technical difficulty earlier. Could you still hear me, Robert?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: All right, I'm not hearing Robert. I don't know if roberts here or not. But well, anyway, I guess I could try to keep talking here. For those who on the comments say that they could hear me, I'll try my best to keep talking. Well. I've been busy working on organizing the UH and scheduling a lot of events that I've been asked to speak at. Normally I spoke at I speak at several events throughout the year. Unfortunately, this year I have to limit the amount of events I speak at. I have some things I'm not at liberty to discuss at the very moment, some possibilities of what might happen, which my fingers across. These are good things that might happen. So I really don't know which direction you're going to go in. So as of right now, the events I do have scheduled. I'm hoping I don't have to cancel them, but if certain things fall through, that's something I might have to do.
Speaker 1: You know, how many events? How many events are you speaking at this year?
Speaker 2: As of right now, there is actually only seven technically, well there might be eight, there might be eight, but that event they have to wait till they speak with their committee and have their meetings. Because this particular that event would be the South Carolina South Carolina big Foot Festival. They like to bring me down there every year, but they have to wait till at least go through a meeting or two before they start confirming and saying yes or no and all that good stuff. So but yeah, as right now, there's seven conventions. Of course, the two that I'm hosting, and those don't involve or include all the camping outings that we have planned the private investigations that we plan on doing so, and that's another thing. Some of our investigations that we have scheduled, Yeah, they're I say they're private because we're not going to share the locations or who they're involved with. But what we do with a lot of our field work and are exploring, we film everything. If there's an eyewitnesses of all that, we do, interview them and we try to put that together the best we can to share with the public later on. So that's one thing we like to do. We like to film and document everything, and the majority of our field videos when we do our own exploring, most of the time it's sharing the scenery and some interesting odd findings that we come across. But yeah, as far as the events, that's pretty much it at this very moment. Like I said, it's to say if there's gonna be any more, it's kind of early to say so. Matter of fact, I just put out a list. I made a post about it, probably maybe an hour or so ago, with just a list of events that I will be at for anyone interested you wanting to check those out? Yeah, awesome, awesome?
Speaker 1: Are you are you? Are you strictly into just Bigfoot or are you looking at like other things like spirits or UFOs or like, I know, Bigfoot is like your major passion, but do you delve into anything else besides that?
Speaker 2: Well, I will tell you this, the interest of Yeah, the UFOs, that phenomenon, I mean that it does interest me, however, even the paranormal. Yeah, and actually I've opened more up to the paranormal by welcoming it into my events and stuff, like my committee team in Virginia for our Virginia event, my community team. They're actually in a parent paranormal teams themselves, and we are actually getting more paranormal teams involved with our conventions and also what with well basically with what we're doing in Pennsylvania here the Pennsylvania Miss and Legend Festival. Of course, I believe that falls under a lot of different categories involved in the paranormal, various cryptids. But now my main subject is Bigfoot, wildlife and Bigfoot. Now, if I witness another cryptid that you know, we'll see something strange. I'm not afraid to admit that I've seen it. Hopefully I would love to document it if it if that becomes possible. So yeah, I mean I'm open to other cryptids. Is just right now, my main focus, which has been over the you know, the last thirteen plus years, is Bigfoot. So yeah, I mean, I like to. I mean, there's a part of me that wants to start looking for other things, but you know, here's my thing. When I'm out exploring all my years of being in the woods. The only evidence I had found of any big I mean any cryptid would be Bigfoot itself, you know, apart from known wildlife species, because I am always looking. And here's the thing, as I tell people, I look for the wildlife evidence because you know, to learn and know what is known before seeking the unknown. To me, that's very important because as we're observing and as we're looking, if we could focus on what is known, the unknown is going to stand apart. I mean, you want to look for everything, want to be open minded, but you also want to take your time and be very observant. So as I'm looking, Yeah, my main of course, again, my main focus is Bigfoot, and over the years I have found large humanoid bipedal tracks. You know, I can't say that I have ever come across anything other than bigfoot as far as the cryptic goes. So but yeah, I will be open to look into other things if I had to jump into something else. I think my other crypt that I would like to get into, which has always been fascinating, is the lockedness or those that are similar to the lockness that we have here in the United States.
Speaker 1: But I think for me, the dog man is the one I find to be the most fascinating currently beause they have different sightings that they've had up in Wisconsin and everything else. So for me personally, I think the dog man is So I've watched some of your your shorts on your YouTube channel with bigfoot stuff, and I got to say, the eyeshine part is what kind of like you know, because a lot of a lot of the stuff that I see on your on your channel, uh, you can you you could tell it's fake. And I like how you spot them and call them out instantaneously, like, yeah, this is fake. You can tell it's from a suit, you know, like you can one hund percent tell that this is this is a guy in a suit walking around. You could tell by their strut. You could tell by the way they move. But a lot of the big the dog man cases, I don't hear too many hoaxes about them, and I feel like the dog man itself is more tied into Native American folk or not saying the Bigfoot isn't, because we do have some reports of Native Americans in Bigfoot almost kind of living side by side in their own little habitat. So on the on the on the concept of dog man, where do you stand on something like that, Like Bigfoot's one thing? Because Bigfoot, you don't really from some of the ports that I've read. And I'm by no means an expert, so please don't anybody say I'm an expert, I'm not a lot of times Bigfoot, when people get too close, they'll protect what's theirs, right, they'll protect basically what's around them. I haven't heard them getting too aggressive, though I've seen a couple of little small reports here and there of like, you know, if you get too close, But I feel like that's more of a defense mechanism than it is an aggression mechanism. But would dog Man. The reports that I've been getting were very aggressive, like very like you felt something when you saw them? What are your thoughts on dog Man? And like that whole kind of concept.
Speaker 2: Well, to be completely honest with you, as I tell a lot of people, I tend to stay away from that. But this is where I stand on it. And you know, I mean, everyone's got their beliefs and whatnot. At this moment, I honestly don't believe in dog Man. Even though I don't believe, and it doesn't mean he does not exist, but that's just my belief on the subject itself. However, with my research and my exploring and my observations, not once have I ever come across anything that would appear to be of a large canine tract. The only canine tracks I've ever witnessed or a verb were coyotes and possible wolves. One of the biggest things I've seen, especially on social media, in these dog man groups, I see people picturing, sharing photos of feline tracks, very large feline tracks, and calling them dog tracks or dog man tracks. And see that's where my wildlife and bigfoot research comes into play, or that phrase I shared earlier, Learn and know what is known before seeking the unknown, because there's a lot of misidentification out there, a lot of misjudgments, a lot of people that are misinformed. Now there is a number of people, including myself and some individuals of well known I'll say without mentioning your name, but I've heard presentations from others where people believe that what they believe to be a dog man, they may be misidentifying a type of bigfoot. It's believed that there are several different types of bigfoot. I can't prove that, but I believe that's possible. But you know, as far as a dog man thing, I'm going to keep that in open mind until I find some evidence otherwise. I mean, right now, I'll just have to say I can't right now. It's just I'm not saying I won't, but I need. I would love to jump on board with that, just like a lot of other cryptids that are out there. I mean, come on, they got they got a convention for frog Man. You know, I was like, where is this? You know, where'd that come about? You know? So? But yeah, yeah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: No, go ahead, So and I agree with you. I'm a person that, out of everything, I'm always wanted to say, you know what, let's find out what it could be first before we delve into the unknown, and we have to figure out what it might be. You know, I said that before. You know, if you've ever been into like what they would say, a haunted house and you hear a door slam, well, was the door at an angle? So if you don't put something in front of said door, the door will shut. It doesn't matter, you know, if you don't put something from it. And I feel like a lot of times you get a lot of researchers in the field and not just not just a bigfoot UFOs and everything else where they want. And you you shared a quote I think that I saw either today or yesterday that you want to believe something so bad you're willing to turn that blind eye to something that it probably isn't. So you're like, I want to believe in it so bad that you know, it's got to be. It's got to be real, right, got to be real, you know. So you're like, you know, you could see you know some some some some have fallen down and like, oh my god, it was a crop circle as aliens. Well, no it is not what it is, but you know, and I think I think, you know, I think we've all kind of fallen victim to that in some ways. I mean I have in certain like nothing that I'll like go out there and make videos about and try to prove this out of the third but I have gone on to research and been like, man, this has got to be. It's gotta be. And then I'm like, nah, this isn't it. And I got to kind of back up and go back to square one with some of the things that I have research, because you know it it didn't. It didn't hit what I thought it was going to hit. And I think I think putting aside your your objectiveness to go back and and be able to have like be able to open yourself up to be like, hey, I got to see what all areas of this could be, because I don't want to be stuck in my own belief system, you know. And I think it's good talking to other people because then you get a better sense of what's going on now. Like I said earlier, I think the one thing, like one of my favorite things is that you point out like scammers and I don't I don't see a lot of people doing that. You know. Of course everybody will say, well this is a hoax, that's a hoax, but you call them out by name, and I got to say, like, I respect that because like, you know, if you're in a field that you know that that you know everybody's you know kind of they're they're already kind of making fun of it a bit. People don't believe skeptics and all that, with the first ones to be like, no, that's you know, what are they doing out in the woods right right? So I think like culling your own herd is something that you have to do warning into something that big. What makes you want to call these people out, like when you say, like, man, this is fake, I gotta let people know. What is the driving force behind that?
Speaker 2: For you? Well, I thank you for asking that, because, first of all, I do want to specify or clarify that I'm not trying to be a bully, you know, but people are being misled. There's global Nazi people that will follow these people because it's fascinating, it's intriguing. It's these hoaxures and these people pulling this stuff. They know what it takes to entertain the people. They know for a fact that there's gullible people that believe anything on the web. You know, they jump on it. Well, two, it's bringing them views. You know, there's some of these YouTube channels, I mean mine is mine monetized, but some of these other YouTube channels are got big numbers and they're monetized. They do whatever is necessary to bring in the views. Therefore they're making that money. You know, I'm familiar with what some of the money they made, you know. So, so you got people will taking a known hoaxer's video footage and use it and share it around under their own monetorization. Now to me, that's supporting that hoaxer, you know, regardless of how you use it. I and I've been I've been attacked for that. I have been, you know. I don't want to say I created enemies, but I've been shunned by people, some of my own friends. So hey, you can't be doing that to them. That's you know, they're only doing it for this purpose, and this doesn't matter. They're sharing their hopes, you know, people, people are believing in it, you know. And that's what I find it offensive because I care about the subject so much. I care about the truth, regardless of what that truth might be. I want to put the truth out there if it's known. And so again, a big part of it is I feel offended by people that are gullible, you know. I like, there's a lot of scams and a lot of hopeses, not just in the bigfoot world, but you know, I see people sharing all these pet scams, lost pets. It's all a bunch of bs, you know. But yeah, as far as the Bigfoot thing, I mean, Sonny Vader, everybody's sharing Sonny Vader's videos around he's a known hoaxer. He's been kind, but you know what, they like to use his video footage. You know, Sonny Vader is a genius because his video clips are only no more than two minutes long at the most, and he's getting ten to twenty thousand views per video. And I can only imagine what he's wilet looks like right now. So that's just one example. So that's where I go with at.
Speaker 1: But yeah, and and that's the thing I think, especially when we're dealing with and fields that we love, you know that we that we spend time on the research on and then you have guys that come in and they kind of shortcut themselves to the top of the line, right, And so when they shortcut their way, they don't do the research. They haven't been in the same places that a lot of us have. And they haven't been you know, they haven't been there. When when the research doesn't pan out, and you get dejected and you get you know, beat down, you know your research isn't where it needs to be, You're like, I I gotta go to I gotta find another avenue. You know, it's not an easy thing for us, I think, and I appreciate people that you know, hey, we wor still on the grind. You know, there's a there's a lot of there's a lot of podcasters like myself and and me and my coast t be here tonight, but he's not feeling enough to. I said, all right, take the night off. Of course this stuff, this stuff happens when he takes the night off. I think he cursed the show. No, I'm kidding, But there's a there's a there's a lot of people. See we we know a couple of people in the in this in a similar podcasting vein that that they always take cheap shots at us. I've we've never done anything to these people. I had one of them on the show. You can go back in the episodes, and we've done nothing but big them up on all of our episodes. They got a bone to pick with us, they got a chip on their shoulder. I'm not here for it. I'm not here for whatever business they want to do. They they don't concern me, right, so I'm not going to give them the spotlight. You know, And I think what I enjoy about people like yourself is you expose people and say, hey, you know you're not you're not getting this. You know, this is this. You didn't earn that. And I feel the same that way. You know, It's it's easy to sit behind a microphone and a camera and talk for hours. Shoot, I do that all the time.
Speaker 2: I can do all the right.
Speaker 1: It's going out and doing the research and meeting people and going to these places in speaking and meeting people that actually have had encounters, people that have actually seen these things, you know, people that have been through occurrences that most people can't explain. And I think that is what I respect about folks like yourself, Folks like les Odell. Big shouts out to less Odell. He's you know, he's another one that he'll go out there. If you got something going on, he'll show up. You know, he's been known.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, absolutely, Yeah. I've had him at one of my local little meetups I've had here in Pennsylvania. He's one of my speakers coming up in May. So yeah, I mean I spoke with him in West Virginia other at the West Virginia Big Suce Festival. Yeah, he's a great guy. Oh, real quick, real quick. I wanted to make mention you know how you mentioned like you do a lot of talking behind the screen or on the screen. People like you are like like, well, let me pinpoint just you and direct more directly. People need to listen to you more because from my observation and having you on my show, you're very intelligent. You're full of information, you're educational. People need to hear that more, you know, And so yeah, we need more people like you, you know. So yeah, don't put yourself down when it comes down. Yeah yeah, but yeah, absolutely so any of mine. I shared this around. Anybody that's with my channel yet subscribe, subscribe to the Gentleman right here. You need to hear more of them.
Speaker 1: And I have one appreciate that. Thank you. I've been doing it for a long time. I've been reading books, I've been studying. I've been doing all sorts of research. I have books on everything you can imagine, everything from religion to bigfoot to UFOs to you name it. I've got it. It's sitting. If you can find it in the library, it's here. If you can't, it'll be here. And you know, two to three business weeks. Because a lot of the books I get I have to order from places and they're not.
Speaker 2: Cheap, so oh imagine.
Speaker 1: But I prize knowledge over everything. I'm not going to go into a conversation with somebody and that's why, you know. And I want to give a big shout out to you for having me on the show. Thank you. That meant that means a lot to me. I love when people hit me up like, hey, you want to be on the show. Yes, I love to talk, so let's you know. And and I love it. I love doing this. I love speaking at engagements because I want people to hear what I have researched, what I've been working on, what I have coming up. Because a lot of the stuff that I'm into is very deep stuff, you know. I try. I try to get into things and put stuff out there that not a lot of people may know about, you know, giants being one of those. You know, a lot of people know about Bigfoot. A lot of people will rot verse in bigfoot folks as yourself. And I was like, you know what I want to talk about giants. I think that I think that is is the I think people need to know about that because, you know, having research and having read reports of the Smithsonian coming in and taking bodies, removing whole bodies of giant skeletons and going to dig sites and pulling, pulling multiple, multiple skeletons, nine to twelve feet tall people, you know, sometimes tall I think fifteen feet at one point was one of the taller ones that I'd read about. And this is in places that are close to me. This is Ohio, this is you know, West Virginia, this Pennsylvania, this is in Virginia. You had I think as far south as like Georgia, maybe Florida, and then you have as far west as Phenom mistaken parts in Arizona and other places of that nature. So like, when I meet people have that passion for something like you do, like less does like folks like that do. I gravitate to people like that because I like to learn from you guys, because I don't. I'm not well versed in bigfoot. That's one of the few areas that I could always I mean, I could always stand to learn more in everything I do. I'm not an next one on anything. I don't want to be considered an expert on on things that you know, you can't be in next it on, you know, until you've actually had an experience, and there's people that have had them and then there's people that haven't. And if you call yourself an expert and you've never had an experience, are you really an expert at the end of the day, you know? And that's something for me because I would love to go out in the woods with some of you guys, and and because I'm always open to going out in the field. I'm as much as I love being warm in my house, I would love to go out and and see and hear. Because as much as people can say, hey, you know, I saw a big foot, I was in the woods, I heard a tree knock, I heard a howl. I heard this, or that you heard it, I didn't hear it. And until I hear it or experience it, it's harder for me to believe. And I think, right, I think by going out in these fields with folks, I think that's something that everybody can do. But not to get too far off topic here, I think that that being knowledgeable it takes time. I'm an effort.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I've been reading up on stuff since I was I was probably five or six. I was learning to read. And one of the first books learned how to read was was a time Life Western book and it showed the dead bodies of outlaws that they would post up in front of different places for two reasons. One to the tour would be would be Roberts, and two to tell the city, Hey, it's safe. It's safe. You don't got to worry about these people anymore. They're not out there. And for those who would be out there doing this, we will put a bullet in your head too. And from then on it just kind of like that bit of macab I guess just kind of went into that direction. And so as I got older, I started researching UFOs, I started researching ghosts, spirits. I've been researching darn nearly every religion on the planet. I researched he and Low because I think when we really want to sit down and look for the unknown, the unknown is my favorite thing. Like, oh the unknown. I enjoy it because everybody goes along with their lives and they come home, they watch news or they watch sports, and they go to sleep, and they get up, they do the nine to five and they watch news, watch sports, go to sleep. While I'm saying there's nothing wrong with any of those things, mind you, I have a job as well. I think that having that love for the unknown and wanting to explore. I think makes your life better in my personal opinion, I can't volage for anybody else by myself, but I think that it makes your life better. You know, I think that. I think it's just I think it's a good thing. And I think having the knowledge of these things, you know, going into something and being knowledgeable, or if you if you are not knowledgeable, then go into places, go into these speaking events here folks like Daniel, but soak in the knowledge like a sponge so that you can understand it. So next time you're around your friends and maybe somebody mentions like, hey, what do you think about bigfoot? While some of your other friends might not get it, you'll get it, so then you can have that conversation. Okay, now you've got a friend. Now you too are investigating. Now you too have set up a little YouTube channel. Now you're out in the woods doing it. I think it just betters your life overall.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, like with me along the lines with what you say, Like I have my fields. There's various field topics that I like to read and study on as well. And you know, and I personally it gives me the knowledge and understanding of things that I don't get to witness in person sometimes for example, real quickly. I mean, I do a lot of studies, not just on wildlife in various species, but primates, non human primates, gorillas, champanzees, baboon, bona bo, you know, all the various species rangutans. I like to read and study on their known behaviors, what they've been observed in witness, you know, performing and doing it, and learning about their diets. I do that. I find, you know, I find for me personally it's necessary to me to understand them because I like to compare their behaviors, their characteristics and everything in between along with what we compare and relate to big put. The reason behind that is I find a lot of similarities we're reporting about bigfoot. Well, look, there is a known species that's already familiar, that's already known for doing this. But with that being said, I'm not making Bigwoot equal to them. But there's that line of primate I want to keep open. But but you know, just throwing that out there where, that's where it gives me knowledge to understand the species of primates. You know, people say human or primates so wish we are scientifically speaking, so but yeah, jumping onto other things you cover there too. You know. It's like, regardless of what field you're in, you've got to have a passion, well not just a passion, but you're going to way of doing it. You know, if you can enjoy doing it, that's a big plus right there, because I can learn and read and study and gain all this knowledge, you know, and then having the experiences in the field with a bigfoot, you know topic as I tell people like you said yourself, and I can speak for myself that I'm not an expert either, you know. I like to share my views and my beliefs, and then I'll go along and share my experiences. And you know, some of us have more experiences experiences than others where we can say, well, I witness Bigfoot doing this, But most of these claims come from people's personal beliefs and say, no, Bigfoot doesn't do that, Bigfoot does this. But yet these are the same people say I'm not an expert. Well you never witnessed this, so how do you know. So there's a lot of that going on in the bigfoot world in the community, you know. So, I mean I know people that will tell you all these facts out of their mouth, but where are they getting your facts from? They didn't witness facts. You know, they didn't witness that. But you know, you know, because I'll ask people, I said, did you see big for doing that? Tell me about it. No, I didn't see him. How do you know? That's That's my whole point. And you know, and I won't call people out directly on stuff like that, but I'll question them back to get them to realize what they're saying sometimes, because I don't think they all intentionally mean to come across as that. Because big Put's a fun subject. We want to be able to come across to our peers and those who might be following us as very knowledgeable. I do. I like to do that too, but I try to throw facts out and explain why I'm saying what I'm saying. This is why I believe this. And you know, now, yes, I've experienced tree knocks. I've gotten responses from mine and other various occurrences. But when you experience enough of them, you kind of draw your own conclusion on what they might be, for what they might mean. You know, I still can't prove what they might be, although I have my belief in them. You know, you know, some people say it's this or that. You know, it could be. There's always that possibility, just like when I find things in nature that I find that, Okay, this is odd. I don't think. I don't think weather did this. I don't think you know, some of these things I find tree structures and formations, for example, okay, something with a postable phone, something or someone possibly made this and had put the work and effort into this. I have videos I put together for educational purposes on all these shelters and structors that people find and post pictures of. I have found them too. But guess what, I'm not going to tell you Bigfoot did them because here's in the video as I show people, Look a look at this guy gathering all these sticks. Look at the shelter he put together. These are the same shelters and structures that people say, I find a Bigfoot shelter. This is a big phone. You know. I try to show people the objective side of things. Why are you saying Bigfoot did that? He did it? Miss Bigfoot making that? But look, I'm showing a video of a human being building that you know. So I just try to get people to understand and open their minds and stop thinking bigfoot. Get big foot off your brain, you know, because I mean that's the one thing people ask me. I've had young people and all the people ask me, well, hey, I want to get more involved with bigfoot research. I want to start looking for bigfoot. What should I do? Well? One of the basic steps I tell of them as far as pick an area of interest, get familiar with it, the terrain, and and to lay out of the land, get to know what wildlife and you know inhabits that area. Number one. You know, the main thing at all when you step foot out there, don't think about bigfoot. Get big foot off your brain. You know, if the unknown is going to be available, if it's going to make yourself known, or you find that evidence that stands apart from all the all of the known, you know, obvious suspects, you know the unknown is going to stand apart. You know, then you could question your head, scratch your head and document what's this like? Sometimes I find things I'm not sure what I'm finding. I'll take pictures of it, I'll share it for observation and you know, discussion purposes. But you know, but yeah, that's just me. Yeah, like I said, you know, I've I've been I've been called an expert. Some people, you know, come back and call me in a sarcastic way, Oh, you must be an expert. I said, No, I'm trying to teach you something or explain something very critical and logical to you that you're just totally dismissing and not getting the point of. You know, No, just by me pointing out other known facts against Bigfoot doesn't make me an expert. But you know, it's just I like to believe I have common sense, you know, in simple awareness, you know, you know. So, yeah, I've been accused of a lot of different things, you know. I've even been accused of being a hoaxer, you know, but I don't have nothing to show that's hoaxworthy. I mean, you know, a lot of my findings are not not like what other people share, you know. Yeah. I used to find a lot of tracks over the years in the National Forest in Virginia. You know. My fiancee, Julie, we've been exploring up here in Pennsylvania and we're walking along, I'll spot something, I'll stop, stop, look down the ground. Do you see what I'm saying. Look, there's this looks like a track, and some of them are very detailed, you know. And you know, I know she's only just one one witness to seeing that stuff. But I find I do find tracks, you know. You know, some of these are very impressive looking, you know, you know, and she sees for herself, you know, she gets excited. You know, we'll take pictures of them. But unfortunately, pictures don't do justice when it comes to tracks. And a lot of people that does enough photography in nature, and someone when it comes a big for tracks, realizes this unless there's a clear track in the open mud or dirt, you know. But a lot of your impressions in the ground, walking through the forest. It could be a number of things, you know, But you know, you know, my biggest thing I hear a lot of when you tell people, oh, that's a bear. Oh we don't have bears in our erea. Just because you don't see him doesn't mean they're not there. Bears they're very elusive to you know, right right. They don't like to come around people.
Speaker 1: No, they don't like leave alone, leave alone. They'll leave you alone. I've only seen one bear in my maybe two in my life. And the one I saw was in West Virginia. It was a baby bear and it was off. It was off on the shore. We were on a boat going down the Elk River and we was off on the shore and I saw the bear and I'm like, Mama is not far behind. Mama was in there because he was playing. And I'm like, if you go over there and mess with that bear, I guarantee something something else gonna come and get you. But yeah, I know, that's the only thing I've ever seen and the one thing that I because we've had Amy Boo on the show and she she's really knowledgeable about Bigfoot, and we've had couple of different conversations back and forth. And what I like is when they is when people pull up the plaster casts of the of the tracks, those those fascet me to no end because I'm like, Okay, this doesn't look like a bear's paul. You know, a bear's paul is rather, for the most part, is a fatter paul than one of the other ones. And and to where the bigfoot looks like it's more elongated and some yeah than some plaster casts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And usually a wider heel. Bears have a very now, uh, a very narrow heel. It's more almost like a rounded V shaped heel.
Speaker 1: So so, right, so you were you one thing I wanted to touch on to it and I and I'm glad that you brought this up kind of when you were talking. When people come up to and they say, Daniel, you know, I wanted to do what you do. I want to I want I want to jump into this thing with you, or you know, I want to jump into this thing like you do. The one thing that I said that that or you said that I liked. It's kind of like research the area. And I don't think a lot of people really understand researching the area. I don't think a lot of people said, take Bigfoot out of the equation for right now, take big Foo out of the equation. Get you a couple of books, go out and see what you can see in the area that you know, if you re if you live in you know, say you live in Ohio and you're trying to, you know, research you know somewhere in California, you're you're gonna be at a loss because you need to be close to the area. I think personally that you're going to be researching. I don't think it helps if you're you know, if you're six seven states away, you know, because you need to be able to go. In my personal opinion, dealing with certain things that that I've been into, you have to have a place you can go in summer, spring, winter, and full You've got to be at the at these places during the season changes because not everything is the same, not.
Speaker 2: Everything absolutely, yeah, I mean that's what I tell people, Like for years in Virginia for a day, I'll use Virginia to this where I spent a lot of deep research and exploring. You go into certain areas. I have my area, my research area. It's a very large area. However, it's broken up into what I call the zones. You got Ecrozone one, ec rozone two, blah blah blah, and certain areas. I got everything mapped out on a geographical map. It's very important to stay in certain areas and focus and revisit these areas for a number of reasons. Really, I mean, like I said, known to terrain, you know, you want to know potential dangers and hazards, you know, and then you got the wildlife you want to know what wildlife are passing through and working these areas. You know, a lot of people don't believe, like we got mountain lions, you know, I have seen their tracks and although I have got the capture one on my cameras out there, but eventually I believe it's it's a matter of time. But you know, just like big matter of time. I mean, a lot of people excuses why Bigfoot hasn't been captured on game cameras. Perhaps he has. Some people are keeping it to themselves, you know, or honestly see the fake ones on social media, which there's a lot of them, you know, and then you got people taking pictures of whatever. I'm kind of getting off course there, but no, uh yeah, but yeah, it's very important to get familiar with the area you plan on working. And I have a hat of yeah, I'll work a certain aread and I'll venture off off the out of the area because but it's important to visit the area every so often, likes a year after year or through various times throughout the year, because you're gonna see a different a different appearance of that area, you know, like the change the weather, the belief letter, the fall you know, the time letter and a lot of that plays a key role in your area being active versus non active, you know. Yeah, and when the leaf litters are down and everything, Yeah, usually around the lake fall when you've got hunting season comes in there. Yeah, the deer gonna keep roaming around, but your loose species are going to be a little further away, you know, right. And then not to mention cold weather, you know, if there's a shelter or a location for them, they're going to be staying put, you know. Yeah, I believe bigfoot rooms around during the winter. I mean, like every other species, they got to eat. You know, a lot of people think bears hibernate all the time. That ain't okay, especially here on the East Coast. They will be out and about moving around. They eat all the time, you know. Yeah, they might slow down a little bit if the tempters are cold enough, you know. But my observations with bears and hibernation, I see bear evidence all year long, you know, even through the winners. So people got to keep that in mind. Not all bears hibernate, you know, So I guess that also varies and depends on various individual species of them. But you know, in different locations. But yeah, there's a lot of little basic factors that people need to keep in mind. You know. It's simple knowledge things that they need to be aware of. But the biggest thing is getting familiar with the layout of the land and the wildlife itself. It's good to know the possible the ecology because a lot of your different various species of wildlife, they depend on the plant life and the vegetation and and the other wildlife that work these areas because you get your predators that work on the prey, you know, and and the prey that if the food source is there for the prey, most likely your predators is gonna be hunting that area too. So these are areas you need to really pay attention to water sources. Those are important to know too. If you've got water sources in the area, just think about it. Your pray is going to be there, the predators will be there, you know. So it's all basic knowledge and understanding. Really, there's a lot of things you just got to keep in mind. Yep.
Speaker 1: And I think that's important. I think I think the number one thing that that this basically set out in this conversation about bigfoot research doesn't really involve bigfoot and more involves the the layout of the land. It revert involves around the wildlife in the area. And that's I think that right there, those two things right there, I think are amazing. And then you had the bigfoot aspect into it, and that makes it better. But those first two, you know, it makes you knowledgeable. So when you you might go into a place and once you understand how how a forest works, once you understand the the way you went about researching and getting the information for this stuff, it makes it easier for the next location you plan to research. And I think I think that that opens a lot of doors. I think that opens a lot of things because now you get a couple of friends and you guys set out. You know, I'm not I'm not one to go out unless it's a place that's local to me and it's not as as wide, it's not as big. The acreages and is large. I'll go by myself. But there's very few places bigger than that that I'll go by myself. Right, It's not about being scared or being afraid. It's about, you know, I want I like to have other people around me, so that if something goes down, you know it's it's better to you know, it evens out the odds. You know it's likely something's gonna gonna try to do something right. Safety and numbers, No, I agree, especially when you're out in the woods espec. You know, if something happens to you to say, something just happens, it's not anything, not an animal attack, or you don't run into big Foot but you fall and break your leg. What you know, people can't hear you if you're out there. And and some of these wooded areas they're not just a couple of miles long, you know, they're very much larger than that. You know, you got the apple Lachians, the apple Lachians alone or multiple states, the Alleganians, you know, all of these places. So I recommend that people, if you're gonna go out investigating, always take a buddy. And you probably do the same obviously in a couple of year videos where you do the same. And I want to put u a special point on the video. It was a real you had about you find it, you find a den, You find a den in Pennsylvania, And I was like, that's fascinating because you know, obviously you'd say, well, bigfoot to use this, but your wildlife is gonna use that, your bears, your mountain lions, anything that's coming through there on a bad night in the middle of winter, you know, when it's when there's lightning and thunder and rain. Animalst don't like that kind of stuff, you know. I have pets here and they hate when it. When it starts lightning out, it's bad, they'll hide, they don't, they don't much care for it, you know. So that gives the wildlife a place and it's dry, you know, the not getting wet. So I just I thought that was a really interesting part that you put into your video, that that the den so to speak. I thought that was really interesting. And that's what I appreciate about your videos because you're at these locations. Yeah, I might not see, you know, a a very blurred out picture of what could be a bigfoot, but on closer inspection, it's just a tree branch. Because I saw that you had done something similar to that.
Speaker 2: What I do.
Speaker 1: What I do really enjoy, though, is I enjoy the fact that you're out in the woods, that you're out there, and I respect people that actually will go that extra mile, not just do armchair bigfoot research where they're watching you know, finding Bigfoot and you know, eating eating whatever and listening and or watching that Sunny Vader guys videos. You know, they're actually out there. You know, they're out there in the field. They're oi there, Like, Okay, I don't think this is a big foot. I think this is probably just a bear that has come through, you know, given the history of things, and you know, given what this is and what that is. And another thing I think you brought up too that I enjoyed was the fact that you said, Okay, now, once these occurrences start happening, I can hypothesize that it is this, but I still don't have verifiable proof right that it is that. And so I respect it because a lot of people they'll hear a tree knock six or seven times, you know, automatically it's a big foot, right, you know, I don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, For example, you mentioned tree knocks. Now I've heard wood on wood banging and knocks out in the woods. But then again, I've heard things during the hunting season like I'm listening to the woodpeckers up on a big dead hollow trees above me and everyone that you know, most of us are familiar with the most common sounds. When a woodpecker is pecking on a tree, they sound like caps. Well that not's not always case. Some of them sound like wood on wood knocks, you know, so you know people, I mean, I've heerd people saying, yeah, I was walking down a trail and I heard a tap tap over here, a tap tap over here. And the way they're describing it, they're thinking they got bigfoot parallel on them. You know what I'm thinking, Wow, you got woodpeckers around here.
Speaker 1: You know, you have some birds, you got some birds going up and down them trees.
Speaker 2: But yeah, woodpeckers can be very deceiving on their you know, like I said, it's not just a simple tap tap tap. Sometimes they're you know, sometimes we hear them like a drill, you know, or in some cases, like I said, they sound like a wood on wood knock, like someone's taking like uh like not you know, a heavy baseball like a bat. Just tap it on a tree and you get that knock sound. Some woodpeckers, depending on the type of tree, the age of the tree, and you know it does it'll produce a basic knock like in Virginia, we have what you call and I've seen some of them. Up here in Pennsylvania you have what they call bullpines. They're usually a thick, heavy bark, big ground tree and I love doing my tree on them because they gave off a good basic knock, you know. But so yeah, there's a lot of things that people need to take in consideration. Almo, you're hearing nighttime. I believe it could be a different situation that you know. Yes, I've heard tree knock responses. I've forgotten treeknock responses in the middle of the daytime from my tree knocks. Now, was there other people out there playing games with me? I don't know, but I got responses that, you know, So I can't say, Okay, that was a big foot you know, I've had, you know, like one of the locations me and Julie went to visit and investigate for the very first time. How was God expecting nothing there? Because there was never no reports there. There was never any sightings in that location that were documented. Well, the first night we were there, after we got dark, it was dead quiet. It was kind of I don't want to say boring, but you know, I decided to give off a couple of whoops, you know, just for the heck of it. And right after, right after doing that, just inside the tree line, straight out in front of me, was a knock. Right after that knock, straight out from from where Julie was sitting out in front of her was another knock. So I question that. Okay, I mean, it got me excited because okay, this is nighttime and okay, what's in here? You know what's out there? You know something's there doing that. So I mean, yes, I would like to believe and contribute that to a bigfoot, but you know, and I mean I would be completely wrong to say, yes, that was a big foot and I didn't witness what made that knock, you know, But so yeah, it's easier to believe it was a big foot than to say it actually was a big pot so right, But yeah, so yeah, it's just you know, I mean, the whole thing was a bigfoot thing too. Like I said, you know a lot of us and you know, I could speak for myself on this, but I know for a fact, everybody out there, when you're all there bigfooting, it's exciting, it's fun, and Bigfoot's gonn to be on your brain regardless of what you experienced. But then and we tend to drain out all the logical side of things. It drains out the critical thinking, you know. And yeah, maybe at first I'll get excited and think of this and that, and then after I get to think about it, you know, Okay, okay, I have to consider this. You know, these other possibilities, you know, like a lot of the odd stuff we find or anything odd that we experience that we cannot explain. I always tell people there's always that possibility. You cannot rule out the possibilities, but you can't make a fact unless you witness what performed it, what created it, or what vocalized it, you know, all the above.
Speaker 1: So oh yeah, yeah, well, Daniel, it's about that time. I want to thank you for coming on the show. I apologize for all the audio visual hiccups. Definitely that was on my end. I apologized, so I thought it was on yours. But I'm here in the comments everybody's like, yeah, we can hear them just fine. So it's something in audio that'll be worked out for the next show, you guys, So don't think I'm going anywhere because I'm not, but I'm want to give a big special thank you to Daniel Benwa Daniel, where can people find you and what event is coming up that they can come and see you at?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm not as as elusive as big for I'm pretty easy to find. I'm praisically. I'm basically all over social media. Facebook's the main primary source, So you can find me at under Daniel Binoa at ecb ro O ninety eight. I have my main profile, which you'll know it's me because I have the blue verified check mark next to my name. Then I have my main ecb ro East Coast Bigfoot Researchers Organization Facebook group. You can feel free to check that out. We welcome everybody. Then I have my ecbureau fan page and whatnot. There is a public figure page, but I have more follows on my main pager than that one. But yeah, I mean my event, My next coming event I'm going to promote coming up right now is the May twenty fifth Pennsylvania Myths and Legends Festival and that's happening at the Bakersville Community Grove in Somerset, Pennsylvania. So want more information on that, go visit the Facebook event page and yeah, and I mean I post my field videos and everything on my YouTube channel. Roberts has that scroll across the bottom. Feel free to check that out and if you have any questions, shoot me a message, send me an email u CBR ninety eight at gmail dot com. And that's pretty much about it. And thank you for having me on here, Robert. This has been a pleasure. I really enjoyed this awesome awesome.
Speaker 1: Well, you're definitely welcome to come back. We definitely will probably have you back on again. I definitely want to go out and into the Word with you at some point and check, oh, yes, see what's going down, and you guys will be able to hear it from me too. So I appreciate my community. I appreciate it annual and as always, why be boring when you can be uncanny. We will see you with my co host next week. Take care of folks, peace, wo