Speaker 1: Well, I wonder what Amer says, He's suppose to ask me what day it is? Well, anyway, it's Tuesday, and that means we is on the air for triple action. Rinso Yes, Sir, Rinso, the sulfur gets closed. Rinso White and Rinso Bright brings you the am ofs RDY Show, a full half hour of entertainment with I'm Gabby Gibson. Yes, I'm Gabby Gibson, Sharlie the barber, lud Gluskin and his orchestra and the famous sat Rhythm bo now Leaber Brothers Company, the makers of Brinso invites you to sit back, relax, and enjoy the story of Amos Snandy. Our old friend Andy Brown had dinner with Henry Van Porter and Andy wants his friend Amos to pay mister Cadell. Mister Cadell, Andy, Andy, you know what' on the air. Yeah, but we can't go on with the show. Amos is missing. He ain't here, and I can't find the Kingfisher likely neither where do you think they could be? Well, I don't know. You know, there's a lot of studios around in DC. Here. Pibm McGee and Molly come on next. Then Bob both and then Red Skeleton right after each other. Maybe Amos is around talking to some of them people. We all got to start looking for him, okay, and they I'll see what I can do from me. I wonder where the look and what is a gaby? I got some news about Amos? Yeah, well what is a gabby? Tell me I'm not looking for me in some of the studios around here, but he wasn't in none of them. Then I looked in all the halls, but he wasn't there neither. But that didn't stop me. You know that big room across the hall. Yeah, but I opened the door very quiet and very quiet. And when I got the door opened, I pushed on to night and there he was.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: If you still me, Gabby, what is we're gonna do? We gotta find as well. He must be around NBC around here somethingaze. I tell you what you put down that way and looking I got on this way. Just remember that old saying or the French police shirt handle, Femmy, I definitely find a woman shirt handle Femi. Yeah, well you sure handler Femi, And I'll sure say liama o me. Now let me see. I wonder what's in this place. Yeah, I wonder if Amos could be in here. Hey moly, how many tubes we got? Mist that rather radio?
Speaker 3: Well it's supposed to be a six tubet McGee.
Speaker 1: Well, it's a six tube or three tubes of blue.
Speaker 3: Out blown out, blue out, blown out.
Speaker 1: Three tubes are busted. They're out like a jitterbug shirt tails in a Lindy contest.
Speaker 2: Well, how do you know?
Speaker 4: Dardy?
Speaker 1: For five minutes now, I've been trying to tune in on Amos and Andy and all I can get is Andy. Excuse me, missus McGee. Oh, hi, bud. I hate the bulging on you like this, mister McGee, but I as a man with trouble. You think you've got troubles. Look at me? No cup links? Well i'll lend you. I ain't even got no cuffs. But that ain't my main trouble with miss McGee. Something is worse than that. What is it?
Speaker 2: No shirt?
Speaker 1: Oh? This is my wife, missus McGee, knowns where friends is? Molly? Oh, howdy, ma'am, how do you do? I'm sure? I'm sure too.
Speaker 3: And this is my husband, mister McGee, known who his friends is?
Speaker 1: Frip far and wide. Yeah, I'm far whiter now than when I was married there. Yeah, my name is Andrew H. Brown. Brown. That's a nod name because your face is familiar. Brown. Were you ever in Peoria? Ill, yes, sir, and I was sick in Rock Island once.
Speaker 2: Super.
Speaker 3: Just fundy's your trouble, mister Brown.
Speaker 1: Well, I can't find my best friend, Na must join and I thought maybe you folks had seen him around here somewhere. Amos Jones Jones. That's another odd name, funny thing. You can't find your pal Amos, buddy. I just tune in the radio. I would go to try and get Amos and Andy, and Amos was missing. Hey, did you say you were Andrew Brown Andrew Age?
Speaker 5: Hmmm?
Speaker 1: Ah, that's an odd name, only smoke. You're not the Andy of Amos and Andy, are you? I ain't the Jolson of Ulson and Johnson. Well, if Amos is really missing, you took a big load off my mind. Boy, I have yes, Sirree, then three tubes ain't bad after all. Well, I'm glad to hear that, all right. But the reason I here, miss McGee, is ask you if you seen anything Amos. No, but don't you worry. Andy, I'll find him for you. I'll use my influence with the local police. McGee. You have enough influence to get a cop to rest the sea for stealing.
Speaker 2: A squad car.
Speaker 1: Oh is that so?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 1: I'll go right the top and speak to Marylyn Trivia himself and see that he gets on ames to trail and finds him.
Speaker 2: Now, what does Amos look like?
Speaker 3: Andy?
Speaker 1: Well, he a little bit shorter than me, a little bit thinner, a little bit more bald on top. I mean he's younger than me too, But outside of that, you couldn't tell us apart.
Speaker 2: Hey, maybe he was the.
Speaker 1: Fellow Ice all wandering around the NBC studios this afternoon. Is he about six feet tall with wavy blonde hair. He wasn't the last time I see him, And it could have been him because the fellow I saw was only about five eight and ball. Oh yeah, he was wearing one of those eyeglasses on the hash galls. I think they call him manacles.
Speaker 3: You mean that, Monica, dearie. A mankel is a chain the Roman juice handcuffed their galley slaves to the bottom of the boat.
Speaker 1: That's binicle. A monicle is something you scrape off the bottom of the boat. Yeah, well I don't think that was Amos.
Speaker 3: Nah, you mean Vinagildre you Monica is something that.
Speaker 4: Keep a ship's compassed in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, if Amos had a compass, they couldn't get lost. Molly, that's a pinnacle. Well, now I know that it wasn't as he don't ever play cards special pinnacle, And that wasn't as I saw any this Follo was playing. We'll say I got an idea where he might be. Yeah, where's that, mister mcgie? I think I saw a follow answering the description of Amos going through that.
Speaker 2: Door over there. Door.
Speaker 1: Okay, and thanks a lot, mister McGee. Let me take a look at him.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, not that door.
Speaker 1: You got to straighten out that closet one of these days. Here the le dames McGee, where's and oh my gosh, he's buried under that pile of junk.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm gonna let's get him out before they report him missing too.
Speaker 1: And I've been looking all over and I can't find it no place. Hey, you look terrible, horrible.
Speaker 2: What happened to you?
Speaker 1: Well, uh, Clausa just jumped at me, Gabby. But Gabby, listen, the thing is we gotta put on a show here to night. Now, it's gonna be hard to do that. I was really gonna do without Amos and the King version of Lightning stays here. Neither I tell you, And I'll be glad to help you out. I'll be glad to help you out. Or what could you do? Why don't you remember when you loan me to mister Walt Disney pep Arhemus The Song of the South. Yeah, I started a song in that too. We don't need you to sing. We got the Dill Rhythm Boys. Yeah, they didn't learning to sing the same song with me. Oh yeah, I remember. That's that song called Zip for the Dude, The Zip for the My, oh my, what a wonderful day, plenty of une time in my way.
Speaker 6: Dempy dude empty, mister bluebird on my shoulder.
Speaker 1: It's the truth. It's a j everything is satisfacttion jipperty.
Speaker 5: Dude, defy a wonderful pla and wonderful day.
Speaker 6: Riper dude, our beauty.
Speaker 5: That's the guy on the radio plays Gabby, a lawyer, and it's on our show. He's always talking and running his mouth, so they made him a movie.
Speaker 1: Are in Song of the South. Now we can be heard as well.
Speaker 5: I've seen because he played Uncle orm on the Green.
Speaker 1: Uncle Rene.
Speaker 2: Coream thing your dog.
Speaker 1: Everbody, we're in your key.
Speaker 6: Zippy do dog zippy a mile my, what a wonderful day that he of sunshine hit my simpery do dog zipp forty a mister bluebird's.
Speaker 1: On my shoulder.
Speaker 6: It's the truth, it's actual. Everything is satisfactional. Zippery do dog zippy. A wonderful feeling, wonderful day.
Speaker 1: You heard what Rema say.
Speaker 7: That's what Cama says.
Speaker 5: You can't tell he feels okay, he's his body.
Speaker 1: Dude dies on his way, ympy dude, my own my, what a wonderful day. There's a plenty of sunshina in my way. Sippy you do how does it deal to be pictures? Well, boys, since you ask me loveless, lovely.
Speaker 5: Sif please do that spy wonderful feeling.
Speaker 1: It's got me. Really it's sift your boys, is really actual. And again I say it's a wonderful.
Speaker 7: I know that means Rinso white and Rinso brite. Yes, Renso certainly gets top results. I always tell my friend, if you want a really dazzling wash. You've got to have Brinso.
Speaker 1: Yes, Rinso results always win praises because Rinso has a triple action formula gives you a special soapie rich bass, a wonderful SuDS booster, and an amazing grease chaser. Rinso Soapi rich base makes SuDS that drive deep, get out stubborn dirt fast. In addition, Rinso SuDS booster means heaps of long lasting SuDS even in hard water. And besides all that, Rinso's grease chaser goes after grease and grime helps prevent yellowing of clothes yet is easy on hand. Remember Rinso for a dazzling wash, a rinsol whitewash with ease, a Rinso bright wash with sasty. Hey, Shorty, come here where a wo dog? I didn't hear, but I'm glad, andy, short I don't know what to do. I don't know what we're gonna do without Amos and the kingfis we gotta put on a show here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, if he want the action done, and you can count me.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, shorty, because you ain't had no radio experience.
Speaker 2: Oh what you're talking about?
Speaker 1: I was on the radio program once I was.
Speaker 8: I was with their PILs the Conity's Old Girl orchestra.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, shorty, Wait a minute, how could you ever get with an all girl orchestras a light about me? Well, listen, shorty, the important thing we got to do is to find Amos and the things they should like her.
Speaker 2: Say.
Speaker 1: Look here, let's win this studio. Here, every way you find somebody to see them. Hey, wait a minute, shorty, wait a minute, there's something going on in here. Look at that big orficer.
Speaker 9: Yeah, there's all reading books.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and all them books exactly like to let me see if I can see the name of its.
Speaker 2: So this is.
Speaker 1: By Bob Hope, who got so standing in front of him with that big whip in his hand. That's Bob ho Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. They put them down the books they're going to play.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, thank you.
Speaker 1: How do you do?
Speaker 2: Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 4: This is Bob broadcasting from NBC in Hollywood Holt telling all you girls that are looking for the end of shortages in nineteen forty seven that when they start to dish out to Khenic, don't worry if they miss you. Just hus pepsin the boys will always tissue. That's uh, we're laying them in baby talk tonight. Well, nineteen forties teven looks like a great year. Everybody's buying luxury things and a lot of people even wearing silk short I know they. I saw them coming home from Santa Nita today.
Speaker 2: That of neither that.
Speaker 8: The vacuum cleaning was nagged for bang.
Speaker 4: I went out to Saturday to Saturday, and I spent the bitter part of the afternoon out there. And I wouldn't say it was crowded, but a pickpocket reached into my pocket and after two hours he offered me ten dollars to give him back.
Speaker 2: His hands.
Speaker 4: Little better on the air, and the pickpockets are bolder than ever This year. I had a winning ticket and one of them said, hurry up and cash it. I got to get home in time for Gangbusters. The track was really crowded and jammed. The fact when they came down the home stretch, the horses had to keep tapping people on the shoulder, And the same part of me, can I get through Rain in the land has a fine three year old out there, but he's having trouble with him ever since lost weekend.
Speaker 1: Every time the.
Speaker 4: Horse gets near the railey, stops, puts his foot on it and says, make mine a double and see what.
Speaker 1: The jockey you'll have.
Speaker 8: And you shouldn't see the horse.
Speaker 4: I finally bet on he was so slow and saddle made up into.
Speaker 1: A murphy bed.
Speaker 8: Everybody shouted there off.
Speaker 1: Of course my horse thought it was just a rumor.
Speaker 8: Why he really ran ahead's up raised.
Speaker 4: He had to to keep the all the horse's tails out of his face. He was a front runner and he would have won the race, but he had little probably getting the other part going. He was so weak looking you would bet him to win place or lift.
Speaker 9: What a horse.
Speaker 4: The jockey kept jagging, jabbing him with his spurs, and finally the horse turn around to stop that you'll rip my girdle.
Speaker 8: They told me the horse was a mutter.
Speaker 4: Of course I didn't expected to stop on the fire turn and have a coat, you know.
Speaker 8: He finally came in when the moon was out, singing open the stable, Richard.
Speaker 4: After Saturn need I went down to Palm Springs to recuperate.
Speaker 1: Palm Springs is really wonderful, isn't it.
Speaker 4: In one week you get healthy enough to go back to work and poor enough to have to, and it's so risky. The snakes in that part of the desert don't have rattles in the back. They have billion recorders that play nothing but costellanas.
Speaker 1: That's just for the local.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 4: You should have seen the hotel I stopped at one a place.
Speaker 1: There was a sign in the.
Speaker 8: Room, don't turn off the electric fan.
Speaker 1: It's holding up the walls.
Speaker 2: And it's so hot down there.
Speaker 4: One lens fott of my smoke glasses. My right eye got burned black. For a week, I walked around looking like an overgrown panda panda, you know that one what eye on one black eye?
Speaker 8: See, the lens fell.
Speaker 2: Out and.
Speaker 8: I got the last gay I I buy from the Griffith Park.
Speaker 1: Joe, Okay, hey, hey, look, mister Hope is coming over this way. Jordie, Hey, mister Hope. Uh did you see the amos and the king fish round you any place?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Boys, Well, I'm rehearsing.
Speaker 8: I may need this stuff someday.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 1: Well, I want to know one thing. What's that? Come back next week too?
Speaker 8: But listen, I know one place where you could find almost anything.
Speaker 1: Where is that Colonna's mustache. See see your child, rin Tho white and Rinzo bro Yes. Friends, Rinso gives really dazzling results. But say, don't take just my word for it. Ask a regular Rinso user.
Speaker 7: I think rinsos well, it's wonderful for clothes washing and for dishes too. And those good Rinso studs really get my glass and china gleaning, even my popps and pans shine and Rinsos so easy on my hands.
Speaker 2: It's certainly a thorough.
Speaker 1: And fast worker. Well, ma'am, you can thank Rinso's triple action formula for that. You know that special rins of formula contains a very effective grease chaser, a sopie rich base that's mild but mighty active, and a peppy, long lasting SuDS booster. So keep asking for a Rinso for dishes, as well as for a wash that's Rinso White and Rinso Bride Sandy. Look at studio, let's go and ask it. This set ameless the King Fish. Okay, hey, wait a minute, wait a minute. Look at that man coming out of that studio there that looks like a red skelping. He's heading this way. Let's ask him. Uh uh, I beg your pardon mister, my name is Andrew Brown. This here's my friend Gabby Jim.
Speaker 8: Howdy dooty, I'm.
Speaker 2: Pleased to meet.
Speaker 8: I'm clim cagital Hopper, climq.
Speaker 1: Cagital Hopper to be exac What is the queue for a cue? Cool with.
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 1: You're looking for Amos and the King Pig? Yeah, mister k where would you start looking for them first? Well, that'd be hard to say.
Speaker 8: You see, I'm sort of a stranger around here.
Speaker 2: You boys look like you could keep a secret, so I think i'll let.
Speaker 1: You know in one Oh good, what's that?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 2: Well, I know you won't.
Speaker 9: Believe this, but.
Speaker 8: I'm from the country.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you know, eyes are praid that your clothes is a dead giveaway. Mister. Yeah. Them pants you was wearing are so big and baggy at the bottom that they covers your shoes.
Speaker 8: Who's wearing shoes?
Speaker 1: You mean you ain't got no shoes on?
Speaker 2: No? I used to wear this stuff is better.
Speaker 8: Than that panda joking.
Speaker 1: And you know I used to wear shoes. Now, I used to.
Speaker 8: I used to keep all the money I made writing my shoes and add three or four inches to my height.
Speaker 1: Well what made you give that up.
Speaker 8: Well, I didn't like the bad publicity. It gave me thee Every time I was under six feet old.
Speaker 1: People knew I was broke. Yeah, well this has been very interesting, mister Yay. Yeah, well, ter knowing that.
Speaker 8: I would have listened to what I would say.
Speaker 1: But again, how do you have to come up here to the city, Miss Canela Hopper?
Speaker 8: Well, I thought I would drive. Some fellow told me if I filled my car up to the top with dad, that could come to the city due. So I'll never make that trip again. No, I've told you I've never been so hot all my born days.
Speaker 1: Well, why didn't you open the car windows? What little dad spill up?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well, I guess now that you was here in the city, you're gonna buy your girls up nice.
Speaker 8: Well, no, I ain't got no girl. See I had a problem with my mother that I wouldn't go with girls until I was twenty one. Well, howling out you won't tell me?
Speaker 1: Excuse man man, Miss Cadilla hop, I want to speak with Andy here. What do you want, Jerry? Listen now, if we're gonna find Amos and the Kingfish, we better shake this guy. He don't sound very smart.
Speaker 8: Well, I heard that, and I amn't told you smart, but I won't being polite.
Speaker 1: But you we ain't very smart. So you joy, I know you're not well, are you? No, you're not well?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: Why eating all here? And all right? That's so you're smart? Oh no, yeah, well uh uh uh well we beout be getting long now anyway, most e Cadental hop up.
Speaker 9: Don't worry about Amos the King's feashing lightning boys, because I'll find them real fast.
Speaker 8: You know, I've got good reasons for not letting graft girl under my feet.
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 2: It's tackled?
Speaker 1: Another grip of park jokes. They got me that clem Cadental hopper show looks a lot like Red Skelton gony. Yeah, but come on, Annie, we ain't find Amos this way.
Speaker 2: Hey dollars, hey dolla.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what is it, shorty?
Speaker 9: What is it?
Speaker 8: I just saw Amos's wife, you the Honest street, and she told me by Amos.
Speaker 2: Here, Well quick, he's in the hospital.
Speaker 1: He had an operation. Yeah. Well wait a minute, here, wait a minute, let's call him right away. Look at what where's the telephone?
Speaker 2: Yah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, here's a telephone right over here. Uh, Gabby, is you got a nickel.
Speaker 8: Chartie, you got a nickels, Andy, you got a nickel?
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, wait a minute or something. Well asked that fella standing there getting ready to play the violin.
Speaker 2: You think he'll lame you a nickels?
Speaker 1: Well leaked him. You'll never give nicola on that fellow.
Speaker 2: I got a nickel, Andy. I found him in the slot.
Speaker 1: Oh good good, Uh tell me this. You know what hospital he is at?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll get him on the phone.
Speaker 1: All right, go ahead, you get him there, call me. I show hope we get him, and I show hope to dames as well enough to answer the phone too. He probably got a phone right down his room there, and I got Amos on the phone here. Yeah, we'll give me that. Give me that. Uh hello Amos?
Speaker 9: Hello Andy?
Speaker 1: Well are you feel tons? Oh?
Speaker 9: I come along pretty good, handy, and I hope to be back with you fellas next Tuesday. I've been listening to the show here on the radio show was nice and Simpomogie and Molly and Bob hoop red skelting to offer to help us out like that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they was something. But that is really great sea bowl.
Speaker 9: And it was all sweet all right. Please tell them. Thanks something, will you? Everybody's been so nice. My room is full of flowers. Oh I really got a lot of flowers your handy.
Speaker 1: Oh well that's great. Yeah, I'm glad to hear that. After say, by the way, Amos, we can't find the Kingfish or Lightning neither you know where?
Speaker 9: There is well funny thing about this thing. And it always was and always will be that every time I get sick, that king feet and lightning always gets sick with me.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeh that is right, and said let me speak to him with this all right here?
Speaker 9: Yea, I held mis and I hope Amos hurry up and gets out of here so I can.
Speaker 1: Wheel the way from this hospital. Yeah, well, I hope so too light And then put on the King Fish there with it. Yeah yeah, well hello there brother, And how is he okay, King Fish? How is everything up there at the hospital? Oh just fine? By the way, Uh is you coming up here to see Emma? Oh yeah, I'm gonna come up there right away.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 1: We'll tell you what meeting the outside Amoson's door. Uh.
Speaker 9: I was going into the flower.
Speaker 1: Business and I can let you have some slightly used flowers that have try well Amma's actually did this broadcast from the hospital tonight, and we hope that they'll be back with us next Tuesday. And you know, friends out and thinking, even in prosperous times, seems to me it's important to take care of what we got the best we can do. What't you think so, mister Cadelli, Indeed it is andy, and ladies, the way to take care of your cottons and linens is to wash them in Rinso. Rinso saves the wear of boiling and hard rubbing, and Rinso keeps washable colors, fresh and bright for ages. You see Rinso as a triple action formula that contains a special soapi rich base, a marvelous sug booster, and an amazing grease chaser. Ask for Rinso for a wash that's rinso white and Rinso brides friends. You can't always get rinso. It's because there's a worldwide shortage of fats and oils needed for making soap and other things we all want. This shortage is really worse now than it was last year, So it's vile that you save and turning in all waist kitchen fasts. You know, saving waste fat actually helps you in two important ways. First, it helps get more soap to your grosser. Second, you will be amazed at the high prices many meat dealers are paying for waist fats. It runs than the real money. So say every drop of waist fat and get it to your meat dealer quickly. Hello, ammas is you're still on the phone.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and land this you was male, so you to call me like this. And I appreciate that the kid you did a twelve job. Tell everybody, I said, the nice.
Speaker 1: Folks see your next Tuesday. I never realized that was why Jane turned me down. You sail. I happened to overhear that whisper.
Speaker 3: Look wants a monee.
Speaker 1: Oh the way to stop those whispers To take a daily bath with Life Boy. Life Boy is the only dope especially made to stop be old. What's more, scientific tests proved that a daily bank with Life Boy helps build up increasingly better protection against the old. Play safe stays with Life Boys. You don't want people to whispers, Oh yeah, Life Boy.
Speaker 8: Surely with the next Tuesday.
Speaker 1: At the same time, were about this company, the maker the Wrinstow will again present the Amos and Andy Show.
Speaker 8: This is NBC, the National broad