Speaker 1: What's going on in Dallas. So us story on w f A a channel and I just call it channel. But w FA there's a band. Now, it's a band and it started. It's the brainchild of a fella from Denton named Dustin Ballard. And what he started doing during COVID. He didn't have TikTok at the time, and then COVID started taking popular songs and kind of mashing them up into other genres. He's a musician, plays violin, so he kind of you understands how to use some of this software and things like that. But he was also having fun with music videos too, and taking certain songs and putting them on different music videos and just kind of having fun when he was during COVID. So, for instance, this band played a show recently at the Kestler. They've started. They've they've now formed a band. They're all live I want to say touring acts. They are like on tour, but they played gigs. The lead singer from Hazlitt, the name's Anna Pina, he's the vocalist. There's a bunch of DFW musicians in this band. They're called There. I ruined it so it started online, got big on TikTok, two point eight million followers on Instagram, three point five million followers on TikTok. So now they can go anywhere in the world and there'll be someone who knows them because they have that many followers. And what they do is he calls it parody. For instance, Eminem's Lose Yourself, but it's a country waltz. Yeah, straight out of Compton, but it's polka. I looked at their set list from this was last year at the dpel Mark Company. They closed with flow Rider's Low you know, boots with the fur into the Saints go marching in and then they also did No Surprises by Radiohead and all the lyrics are replaced by Miles.
Speaker 2: Bad Ass.
Speaker 3: Do you have any of this, Well, I have something that they did on.
Speaker 1: For instance, they did do up Style Down with the Sickness but Disturbed right what I pulled those from our buddies Drowning Pool and this is something just did online. This is June of twenty twenty one, so this is before they're out playing gigs and stuff. He's probably still growing this thing. But it's Bodies by Drowning Pool Kids Edition, The Bodies.
Speaker 4: The Bodies, the bodies, the bodies, that's the gall.
Speaker 1: Kids are all jumping in the music video. That's so good.
Speaker 3: It's really funny.
Speaker 2: Let's put this in rotation on these Yeah.
Speaker 3: Really crazy.
Speaker 1: I was looking at their YouTube channel, I mean, over a million subscribers there. There was a clip that was on one of these talk shows. They did fifty cents into Club but put Conway Twitty behind it and uh, fifty cents on a talk show and they played it and he is like, yeah, Beyonce, you've got nothing on me. Like basically, they're taking credit for it being a country song.
Speaker 3: It's all kind of weird.
Speaker 1: And you know what I realized when looking at this is a couple weeks ago Ben sent me some audio to pool and it was the Liam Neeson taken but redone. You know, it was like, uh, you know, not dramatic, but in another way, I forgot what the whole point of it was. But they did that, or this guy did that. So he's just got a bunch of f W musicians out. Here's what I'm doing. I'm kind of doing comedy, sort of kind of parody, but all these talented musicians and they're reworking these songs and They're doing a lot of crazy things with it, and I kind of wanted to see them now.
Speaker 3: It sounds fun.
Speaker 5: I think Robert O'Neill, one of the guys in the Seal Team six, which I don't know if you know about the Seal Team six lunch, it's incredible. Twenty two thousand calories about what they ate after they got been lunch. Yes, yeah, trying.
Speaker 1: To make a Bingo card. He's going to be there spot on the Bingo card because you bring it up every damn day.
Speaker 5: Robert O'Neill reblasted the one that had they did jump over a Charlie Daniels band kind of thing, and Robert O'Neill's kind.
Speaker 3: Of like, since I saw this, you have to see it too kind of thing.
Speaker 5: And so I responded to him with what the lunch was at rich Tavern.
Speaker 1: Good work, Christina needs to see friendship this. They did a song too, He mixed this together. This is a long time ago. Got the Yas song. See if you can figure out all.
Speaker 3: The people, that's amazing.
Speaker 1: I know I got the Beatles, Brittany, Metallic Genius, Metallica is in there. Freddie Mercury, Freddy Mercury Little John. Of course I think that was already on the Grande but over time, Okay, that was right, Yeah, le.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Nickelback.
Speaker 1: Sorry, feetles amazing.
Speaker 5: Have you guys Have you guys seen the you know a lot of this starts when you take old video and you overdub your own audio. We always laugh at the one with Dancing in the Street with Mick Jack and David Bowie, or the g I Joe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, g I Joe.
Speaker 5: And there's a ton of them where they take live heavy metal performances and they just replay it out of tune, you know, and it's it's so so funny. There's one there's an account I've really been digging where they take NBA highlights and they just overdub fun It's like the sounds of sneakers squeaking and the ball bouncing in an empty chain and then someone will foul and someone go, it's really good. It's just like all these NBA clips with like real minimal audio on top of it.
Speaker 2: Those are great bits. Yeah, that's fantastic. We send that or posted on social or something. Oh, I need to get a link to that. Put that in your panties. That's really good. Yeah, and then I'll go in a penny raid and grab this. All right, coming up next in the weekly weekday Update, We're gonna take his kt.
Speaker 3: Where are the people going to? Where are they going to? A right