Speaker 1: You know, Jimmy, you are a great listener.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, I mean now lother boys really communicate like you do. I'm still glad you thinks of shoring it because I really want to stick my pins in you of the Jaina. Yes now it's Jimmy Vernaz. What I'm not doing that with the Talent show is tomorrow night kick Air.
Speaker 3: Welcome to Going Down to South, part of the podcast where we always have ourselves the time, and is the first review of twenty twenty six. We're here or a good stiffy. It's erection day.
Speaker 1: I'm Dando and I'm guy. We're back, baby back.
Speaker 3: Indeed, remember the first time when you were a kid at school and you got a good rock hard stiffy and you're like, I don't know what to do now, because I certainly do tell us more memories of more high school. I just have memories are sort of standing in line to get into class because you know that you have to work for the teachers to arrive. I'll be like get my school bos covering myself. I'm like, go down, go down. But you're like, you know when you're year seven and you see all these hot girls around school and their school informans.
Speaker 1: You're like, oh, well, go down, go down, here's the thing, and amazing sound kind of inappropriate grown men talking about this kind of things.
Speaker 3: Going down to SOUTHUK, it's probably the place to talk about it's.
Speaker 1: Probably the place to talk about this kind of thing. And look, this is all reminiscence. We're not sort of looking at it. We're not being a couple of elderly gentlemen sort of leering over the school yard fence at our advanced ages. No, no, we're taking it back to when we were thirteen, fourteen, fifteen or something. And here's the thing about Australia. The new school year starts in summertime. So you've been away from each other for what a couple of months, six weeks to two months to two months? What can happen in that time you come back. You know, maybe someone's shot up a couple of inches, Maybe someone's shot out a couple of inches, and maybe someone shoots up a couple of inches when that happens. But yeah, you come back, it's like somebody had to glow up over the summer. And also you know you're not exactly wearing your overcoat or stuff like that. You're in shorts and you're in thin you know, dresses and things like that.
Speaker 3: You get to the beach after school and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, and also usually swimming is going to be happening as part of your your sports regime and things like that.
Speaker 3: So it's oh wow, yeah, so that easy brother, tough, tough outed for the kid. Do you see, mister Hanky, you just need a little Christians I agree.
Speaker 1: Indeed someone had a little Christmas magic over the Christmas season, and yeah, someone got a whole new set of such and such. Anyway, But do I remember a specific erection from my teenage years and my high school years. No, probably because there were just so damn many of them.
Speaker 3: I can't remember. It's like specific erections, but I can remember, like that one on January twenty sixth. That was a good erection, that one. But it was like I remember being in class and going, oh, okay, cross the legs, think of think of un sexy thoughts, you know.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Moore is reminded of that line from from super Bad. It's like, you know, they got these two, you got Jona Hill and Michael Sarah and then'y thing you're talking about wouldn't it be wonderful to live in a world where girls weren't freaked out by erections. Yeah, freaked out by a bonus. So they're probably not. I mean, they probably are, but they also it's like they're probably just as curious about everything's going on as we are. But but direction Day erectionsode a really good episode. I mean, when we've spoken about the last two episodes of South Park that we've discussed on on the show, the ones that you're like, oh, these are probably my two favorites. This is definitely sort of.
Speaker 3: Rocketed up to you know, it's been a triple threat it has this is one of the two piece feet it's not the triple threat Lucy, Death of Very Cartment and now direction Day.
Speaker 1: This is one of my favorite episodes. I really really all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, i'd say so, you're a big fan of Jimmy as well.
Speaker 1: But I like Jimmy a whole lot.
Speaker 3: But a bit to say on Jimmy, But yeah, continue.
Speaker 1: One thing I really love. As listeners will know, I grew up in the eighties. I was a teenager in the eighties, and I'm a genre of movie that was very popular around the time that I was fifteen sixteen seventeen was the one crazy night movie. They still exist, but there were a lot of them in the eighties where it's kind of like, yeah, you think of something like maybe Adventures in Babysitting. It was like, yeah, we're from the suburbs. We've ended up in the big city. Oh my god, everything's going wrong. There's a bit of danger. Nothing too bad, but you know, things could go wrong.
Speaker 3: It's like the hangover kind of thing, where a shit happening on that A.
Speaker 1: Little bit like that. I mean, yeah, but it's generally squares get hip, you know, it's like that, or exposed to stuff that's above their.
Speaker 3: Pay grade, a little bit of the nerds. I can't two great names, but I can't really recall much about those movies. I remember them being on and Mum saying don't watch that, and meat going sneaking, going why can I watch it? And I'm like, this is boring? And then I saw the the part I wasn't supposed to see it.
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, I suppose I.
Speaker 3: Love the bell sound of the of the stiffy It's coming, you know what it is reminded me of if you I never worked in the milk. But imagine working in a milk bay. You hit the bells like someone's coming, don't go to.
Speaker 1: Work, it's business time. Yeah, but the fact this you ends up with a kid on the wrong side of town getting into wolves risky business for instance. Yeah, it's a bit like that, getting into scrace that you know, who would have thought that I would ended up, you know, in a car chase, you know, trading you know, trading shots with a pimp. You know, I'm trying to rescue this sec worker, all that kind of stuff. Yeah, there are there are movies like that. But I love that Parker and Stones that to pay tribute to that with this, but while also you know, acknowledging the very real and very serious problem of unwanted directions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you can't you can't stop them once they come. When they're coming, Oh yeah, not coming. Hopefully they're not see that would be yeah, I'm glad that would go that far.
Speaker 1: That would just add insult to injury. Imagine that if you're just you know, sitting sitting in math class and pretty girl a couple of rows down, you know, the sun hits her just right, and all of a sudden you think.
Speaker 3: Wow, I wouldn't it be nice to be the boy depending what you like.
Speaker 1: Sorry, that was very very narrow thinking of me. But okay, that's special someone. And all of a sudden, yes.
Speaker 3: You got.
Speaker 1: It's springy, it said, like, oh wow, I mean but it's bad enough.
Speaker 3: What does it do it? It spits? What? What's but describe it? It's sneeze his milk milk? Yes, oh gosh, yeah, well that's the thing.
Speaker 1: But it's bad enough that you have got this. I won't say unsightly bulging and pound because's pretty silently.
Speaker 3: Oh, Jimmy put me to shame, mate.
Speaker 1: I think that was a fantasy slash night yeh know, yeah, but yeah, but yeah, imagine if you're actually sort of yeah, made an unexpected deposit.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, not good. Not good. The Jimmy character, though he's one for me, where we always touched on on four figure discount, the side characters don't need to be fleshed out. We talked about on their Christmas special where mister Hanky was a character we didn't need to know more information about it was. It was entertaining, but I personally didn't need to know all that. Ship Jimmy is a character where if you overuse him, he can get for me old fast. Thankfully, training are smart enough to go. Let's just give them like one episode a season, yeah, and we'll do it really well. So we've had like up the down steroid, we've had crazy cripples in our erection day. And there's something about the Jimmy character where you just is he is he a dork? Because they originally introduced him as a real prick, and I didn't think he was very likable. And now they've I think they're straight away from the prick aspect and now he's just you gotta love Jimmy.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, look I find him very likable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And look.
Speaker 1: It sounds kind of cruel in some ways. I mean, they're not making him the butt of the joke in anyway, but I mean, I think it's funnier that Jimmy is the one who's getting these hard ones and has to sort of work out a way to work around them or work with them or whatever, then say Stan or Kyle, And look, part of the nature of that is the fact that he has this disability. I mean, it's I don't think Parker and Stone are playing that aspect of it for laughs. Not once, but it adds a certain wrinkle to it because.
Speaker 3: He could have he could have also had the hooker say things like, how are we going to do it with your legs?
Speaker 1: Like that that that's never brought up at all, but it's still there, and it's I think it's not at the front of your mind. It's still sort of at the back of your mind. It's like, it's kind of funny that this this kid is making making his way on his crutches is kind of like, yeah, also having to deal with it with this other thing as well.
Speaker 3: And he also uses confidence in charisma, so he's the one that's like he's now lost his confidence and he's lost his ability to do Standard's correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's not that he's lost his ability to do it, but it's kind of like this is standing in the way of me actually, yeah, doing what I do. Bet. I mean, it's it is literally my my favorite recurring bit and I'm sorry to step on favorite moments here, but just the concept of Rond.
Speaker 4: But the town choose to marinate it in two hours.
Speaker 3: He seems a job. It's just a job for him. He's like, I don't cap to get my rocks off. It's like, I just I'm gotta get this done. Why won't you let me stick my penis in your vagina?
Speaker 1: It's like, I don't think he's deriving any pleasure from that at all. Yeah, I mean it. It is kind of.
Speaker 3: Screwed up that he actually does have sex with the prostitute.
Speaker 4: But yeah, but I just love that. It's going of I need to get this out of the way so I can go do the Town because the Town show it's bin. But when he sort of talks about and when he's sort of doing all this quote unquote sexy talk, he's just doing it in Jimmy voice, but not in a way that's sort of like he's not doing it in a Barry White kind of way. I'm sorry, I'm going to do it again, but I gotta read your horn. They just won't quit.
Speaker 1: How is that not the funniest fucking thing you've ever heard in your Life's okay, let's get drund it. This episode could just be me reciting Jimmy lines and I'm sorry for me. It will be the funniest episode ever.
Speaker 3: It's gonna get favorite moments you've already gotten in to.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to sound insensitive when I say. The fact that you know the Jimmy is the character has to deal with this makes it funnier. But it's also you know, you hear that thing from comedians like, oh if I rag on someone who was differently abled or who is marginalized or whatever. I think lazy comedians tend to use in this cab it.
Speaker 3: They love it.
Speaker 1: They just want to be part of the game. I often think that is the case. I think they really do want to be part of the gag. I think, well, you're poke in.
Speaker 3: Front of that guy, and that I feel sorry for them.
Speaker 1: Yeah don't. Yeah, just take the piss out of me as well. Please, I can take it. You know, I'm probably dealing with a lot worse shit than this one thing.
Speaker 3: I've just noticed. They didn't actually make fun of his stutter in this episode. No, did he stutter at all? Not that I recall.
Speaker 1: You didn't do that, did any of that? There was maybe once was there, I don't remember. I can't remember exactly where. But but if we're talking their favorite I mean, they're mostly Jimmy, but at the very start, when yeah, they're reading out the suggestions from now all the questions from the anonymous.
Speaker 3: Mister he's gay.
Speaker 1: First of all, sometimes we bury it me and you were gay.
Speaker 3: But it's the close of Jimmy's face. I was like, that's yeah, yeah, no, he's pitching a turn right now. Just that's a great shot. Probably the worst human being alive. But this is hilarious. I'm doctor Powell, which means I'm doctor Powell. Oh yeah, but he becomes a sex paper.
Speaker 1: But then just be oh, so we can take it those shirts and kids. No, I don't want to do that.
Speaker 4: I don't want to do that.
Speaker 1: Screw your kid.
Speaker 3: I love Cartman's scarface. I thought it was hilarious.
Speaker 1: I didn't love it, but I thought, yeah, it's pretty good.
Speaker 3: It's just Trey Parker is obviously in the writer's room. He probably just did. He's like, what if you like if Cartman did the scarface voice, and it's like, we have to work this into a bit somewhere. Absolutely. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Look, it's very guy coded this episode. But the fact that all the stuff that I like is either Jimmy or God kids and not going to be in your talent. Yeah, you drop a few bombs in there, but bombs. Yeah, not the ones that we're actually saying. Yeah, we're saying, but when they're saying we're friend. The other thing is the wort. But I thought that was great. But just anytime, it's the talent with tomorrow hilarious.
Speaker 3: You would have liked the which is the General's what's what's the Gentleman's what's the the one where he carries her out and gentleman that's the one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all the all the all the hookers on the street just clapping him in it's happening.
Speaker 3: But also Jimmy using comedy to solve the issue. But the weapon of cabinet is x X money was his name, Q money, Q money, cue money. He's like, it's actually very fun and the jokes were funny. All that down prices. We got this war with the Japan and chain you warrer in ma Stomic.
Speaker 1: It's a terrible Girl.
Speaker 3: I love that. Anything else that you enjoyed, I really like Jimmy and Cartmen's Dinner Scheme. Yeah, every movie's got one.
Speaker 1: Of like like a Cyrano ski.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's the big headphones on it, but it's genuinely working. It's all working. Here's the other thing, what they're doing here is like, no, this ship actually works if you just sit there and pretend that you're actually interested. Oh God, did you.
Speaker 1: Here's the other thing though, the other way in that they don't sort of sideline on margin line Jimmy. Yeah, no, girl is saying. They're not saying no to Jimmy. That what they're saying. No, that's good because they really want to put my Pennis slap. Yeah, anyone's going to get Yeah. But yeah, if he's asking about the day, they're like, yeah, Jimmy, absolutely, Jimmy's cool guy, but that's.
Speaker 3: What he does. But it's memory, Nate, what I don't see the problem.
Speaker 1: That sound great because I really want to put my penis in your beginna. This is not the funniest thing anyway. So yeah, they're all my favorite story. There's there's so much more. Yeah, but that's the stuff that really leapt out.
Speaker 5: That's okay.
Speaker 3: Remember there are no stupid questions, just stupid people trivia time.
Speaker 1: Your first question, I was better say I only have three, but I'm actually off like five.
Speaker 3: Okay, lot of this episode, one of my doctor Powell what's his name?
Speaker 1: Growing up, grown out, fucking worst.
Speaker 3: We can chat in provo. That's right, yeah, prevovo. Yeah, you have questioning.
Speaker 1: Asshole when Jimmy And when Jimmy comes home, his parents are sitting in the couch. What is his dad reading?
Speaker 3: Oh, good question, no idea.
Speaker 1: It's reading a newspapers called the World News.
Speaker 3: World News. What is the prize for the talent show?
Speaker 1: Oh that's it's one hundred dollars for what I was one hundred about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just the more for the more. Yeah, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: Ummm, speaking of the town show, what's the name of the kid doing the first act? And what is that kid doing?
Speaker 3: I know he's doing the saxophone solo particular type of sex alto. Yeah, well done you Yeah, I can't remember his name. Billy turns out of a B. Yeah, I've got another name one. Then who is the girl that Jimmy asks the piece at school on the day?
Speaker 1: Now, that's a really I'm glad you like, because I mean I actually rewound this a couple of times because it's sort of surfer birth Okay, yeah, because it's I'm saying it's not beabe but it starts with a B. But yeah, it's something I couldn't quite make out, but I didn't have subs on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, neither, Thank you very much for the living. How much was Jimmy's cab fair at the end? M six dollars and no, I do I know he asked for two back? Yeah, six dollars and twenty four cents. Twenty four cents.
Speaker 1: You know you're too bad. Please It's like I'm getting it through him. A ten.
Speaker 3: You must have given it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's a pretty decent tip that, by the way, very accommodating Cabby.
Speaker 3: Yes, just taking part in this card, which then is like, hey, thanks very much, kid, that's great. But is that also a joking of sense that that Cabby's are seemed to be willing to do that they were probably willing to do in movies? That car, I don't want to follow that car. That sounds dangerous.
Speaker 1: It is gonna get me in trouble.
Speaker 3: Follow that rapist. I don't think I want to. My final question for you is, um, what is the name of the restaurant? Kind of got the book of the.
Speaker 1: For the authentic experience of Taliano.
Speaker 3: I love he brings the hooker back there later on thinks think that's part of the proces. Take it for good.
Speaker 1: You're paid, you're bad. You have to do Wow, let's go. I think I don't know if I mentioned this on the show, and that I'm sure I have, because I've got a very limited supply of anecdotes. Plus we've been talking a lot over the years, haven't we. Dan But there was a restaurant in Geelong. It's not there anymore, but do you remember Tony's on in High Street Belmont.
Speaker 3: No, it's.
Speaker 1: Not next just across the road from the Belmont Hotel. Okay, I do know that one. Yeah, it's not there anymore. But I've always said it was kind of like the it was like not babies first date. But if you're going out on a either you're going out to dinner with friends, it's kind of like, well, we're not going to macus. You know, we're sixteen. You know, let's let's aim to be a little more mature. Tony's fell like the place you would go like you know, it wasn't fancy or anything like that, but it's like, you know, prices were reasonable. Yeah, you get a pizza or you can get decent Italian food and all that kind of Stuffan you kind of felt like I was taking you're taking your first steps into adulthood. It's like the leader will have the chicken pumagan and I will have the Yeah, the catalonia or whatever.
Speaker 3: What would you order though, Well that thing you have to have a coca?
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you recommend? Do you recommend Solu or doctor Pepper? But Daniel and I used to work at an establishment called the Pop Culture. It has an interesting group of employees and staffers. And these names, these names don't gott no me anything, but Dan and I will get a kick out of this. I think I think Eddie's parents used to run it, really, I think yeah, yeah, because I was talking with Eddie's sister.
Speaker 3: I Reckon Afford all these Ninja turtle toys.
Speaker 1: And they're all they're all mad about the noise. The members of this family. It's like three kids from the same family working the kids.
Speaker 3: It's actually very impressive. The collection of toys this guy has.
Speaker 1: It's nuts. Yeah, but they mentioned and it's like, oh he ship Tony's Yeah, but that's what book at a fact, Jenie reminds me of.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, it's a real place that they've taken.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Book did Beppo, Yes, although which is a restaurant train, but Parkers don't say it's the actual restaurant. Is cuts it based on Romano's Macaroni Grill just an American casual dining restaurant.
Speaker 1: Honey, I know it's our fifth anniversary. It'sself for something special, We're going to Romano's Macaroni Grill.
Speaker 3: I love when they have like Italian American cuisine, like Italian. It's like we've got Italian food, but also ship that people don't want to actually eat Italian food. We'll just chuck like a banger is a mashi in there.
Speaker 1: I don't want to slide our American friends, of which we have many, and maybe maybe it is an Italian thing. But I mean when I hear people in America talking about going to an Italian restaurants like yeah, I had Spaghettian red sauce, it's like, I'm sure it has the actual name, or you could have said like tomato sauce or yeah. I think. I think when they say red sauce, I mean like a like a Napoli sauce bolones It's like, yeah, I had spaghetti and red sorts like that just sounds terrible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, It's like that time I had a parmes I'm a proper parmesana, and it was just like a skinless chicken breast on a better pasta.
Speaker 1: And I was like, oh, oh, no, I've been there.
Speaker 3: I think we do it better.
Speaker 1: I think I've been a cost in to day breaded chicken with tomato and cheese, nor minor step in it.
Speaker 3: I've brought one last question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a name graffiti on the Hotel.
Speaker 3: Wall Hotel Holiday in graffiti. I don't know what is it? Turbo Turbo graffiti to Turbo, not the snail from the CGI film.
Speaker 1: No voice by Ryan Realnds apparently not really. This is before he was Ryan Rends though, No Ryan.
Speaker 3: Rens, Ryan Wait before way after Turbo, way before turb I should say Turbo was like twenty ten. Well yeah, but he.
Speaker 1: Wasn't gote Deadpool yet, it was It wasn't Deadpool.
Speaker 3: What did Deadpool come out two thousand and eight? I want to say two thousand and eight.
Speaker 1: I don't want to say that. I want to say like two two sixteen.
Speaker 3: Wow was twenty sixteen? Fuck? I'm old? Fuck I'm right, So Turbo, that's when did Turbo come out? But he was a Voice of Turbo twenty thirteen. Okay, but I mean.
Speaker 1: He was it was Ryan Reunds, but he wasn't. Everyone's kind of like, we'd love Ryan Renalds. When's he going to finally sort of break through?
Speaker 3: But he tried it was a green Land wasn't tried green Land.
Speaker 1: He was in Blade three, and you know, he's doing all these comedies and that, you know. But while I was just like, oh, so this guy's Van Wilder. That's pretty yeah, and he's.
Speaker 3: Like, oh, but you know, and we get twenty five, I'm like, oh, these guys just Van Wilder.
Speaker 1: It's like those guy's Ryan Rends. Friend of the plot. We keep dissing Ryan. He seems like a perfectly nice guy, and I mean, more power.
Speaker 3: It was one of my He was one of my guys when I was younger. He was like, you know, he got Bruce Willis. He was my guy. Bridce can I. Reves and Ryan Rends were my two guys. And then it's just maybe it's a case of everyone then started liking him, like count of it is always just going to be on the course in the world, right, But I don't know, maybe there's something about Ryan Reynolds becoming popular, I was like, ah, I don't like you as much anymore.
Speaker 1: Two in my face, I know, let's see three relitigate rhyme rounds real quick because we've done it a few times. But yeah, starts off, I'm like, I like this guy. You know, you're kind of you're stealing Jim Carries bit a little bit in terms of like, you know, your line delivery and your and that kind of really is yeah, both Canadian, but also I don't know, you're a handsome kind of dude, and oh here you're in Blade and you've jacked yourself up. Oh and you're actually pretty convincing. Only gun you could be kind of versatile. I like what you're doing. And then it's like, oh yeah, I think you just got one note though. And then when you get really really popular, and it's kind of like, oh, and you, I know you trying hard to sort of expand beyond that, it's just not doing it for me anyway. He seems to be doing all right for himself, got.
Speaker 3: More money, more money than soccer teams and whatnot, and.
Speaker 1: Sold the soccer team. Apparently he sold it apparently, So I see that's another reason I think you sold some venture capital company, and so I was like, dude, come on, I care so much about this team, but here's something else I care about. Done it again anyway, snow Cut shot outs speaking of money. Going down to south Park is brought to you by the four Finger Discount Patreon, where you'll find over one hundred hours of bonus podcasts, including exclusive South Park reviews and commentaries, as well as exclusive episodes of four Finger Discount, Tales of Futurama, Bobb's Pods, Speaking of the Hill, Talking Siefould, the One About Friends, and so much more. So go ahead and join the family today at patreon dot com slash four finger Discount. I love Cheesypoofs.
Speaker 5: You love cheesypoofs. Weed didn't need cheesypoofs.
Speaker 3: Weeed Be started with the lovely Katig with her one hundred dollsupport. Thank you as much for being a top tier, I said, stoe Cut I met cheesepoofs.
Speaker 1: Sure, did you want to start that again?
Speaker 3: I do not want to start it again. We have so many shows. You're a fourth Finger discount, you know, if you haven't checked out our Simpsons podc do so we get some incredible guests. It's fun going back and revis in the classic episodes. And on that show you referred to a stone cutters on this show referred to as cheeseyproofs, and on one of our friends are referred to as smelling cats. Wow. Okay, then, but Kenny g with her one hundred support not smelly.
Speaker 1: Neither not smelling nor a cat.
Speaker 3: No, maybe no smelly. She's remember maybe she cuts things, probably not stones, nobody stones know. She probably loves eating cheesepoop. So we all love eat cheesepoops.
Speaker 1: I love them, You love them?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we all love joking afford them because each month. Yes, also Glenn Gomez, Justin Parker's Zapru Schaneymacker, Elliott, j O'Neil, Isabella Murphy, Raged Beasley, Stephen Roberts, Sean dv, Pete Anderson, Timothy Burls, Andrew Davis, Kevin Dentel, Planned Flood, Bellow, Window Bank, Jack McFadden, He will be Adrian McLeod, march Or Eleven Ginger and Pickle, Preston Murray to Lee and Riquez, deckl and Phoenix, Brian McCoy, Logan, b James Shepard, Joe Read and said Dave Pretzel's met Nelly, Gavin Lane, Damie Miller, Charlie Joe and Abigail B. Sharp Carter.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, that's a lot of cheese books. I'm feeling very full, but also very satisfied.
Speaker 3: You know what, Bells Oh No, those people make me feel things.
Speaker 1: Something we'd really love to do in twenty twenty six, however, is add more members to this thriving, loving, bustling community that we've got.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'd love to have you guys join the four figure discount network family on Patreon for a little it's just one dollar pay a month. You can support the Bells going down a who know de naro one month all of you guys did that, we'd be in the money, be fine, said, and we could keep doing this stuff, do more shows. We just pay people to do the editor for us, and we want to do all these extra work and then we just sit back into record shows all day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the shows are probably even better.
Speaker 3: It would be happier.
Speaker 1: We wouldn't have to wait till tomorrow night.
Speaker 3: But the original air day of Erection Day was April twentieth, two thousand and five. The top three films at the US Box office Number three is still favorite. Pitch number two down for number one is Sahara and the new number one is the Emittiville Horror Ryan Reynolds. Yeah, what are the fucking odds?
Speaker 1: It should be obvious to you in our folks, But we didn't plan that.
Speaker 3: That's long. Honestly, we had Bill Oakley on the podcast last year to review March Be not proud. He was the show runner at the time. How great the episode. Mostly got the episode, but he was part of the writing team, and as we recorded the review, I was like, oh, today's the thirtieth anniversary of that episode airing happened?
Speaker 1: Should just happen?
Speaker 3: This minute for horror was number one indeed, So see he was Ryan Reynolds before Ryan Reynolds before six thousand and.
Speaker 1: Five CORECT Horror. Yeah, and co starring Australia's own Melissa George.
Speaker 3: Yes, never seen it, but I heard it's all right? Is that bad? Yeah?
Speaker 1: This was the stage where it's like, oh, we can remake all these horror movies from the nineteen seventies.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Did texts change on mass in two thousand and three, which I really liked? Do three? Justica, Bill, It's good version pretty good. Yeah, there's like so many different versions of it now and I was like, ah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now it's been diluted a little bit, but that that first remake is actually really good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is. Indeed the found footage at the end, which I believed. I was like, it's the Yeah. They were the top three films at the US box office when this episode originally aired. It was written and directed, of course, by It doesn't say directed by it on here, just is written by Trey Parker, no direct interest. But it's got the songs up Where We Belong by Joe Cocker, Jennifer Wan's The Yankee Doodled Boy and from Little Johnny Jones and Open Arms by Journey who seems Open Arms Journey? But who in this in the episode? That's what I'm thinking, does it appear? Does it may's just music they're playing somewhere. Oh it's it's the girl on the piano. Oh of course it is, Yes, not one of my favorite.
Speaker 1: Does a knowledge the other boys in this because you don't really see standard car that much with that achingly sincere of open Arms and the thin it stands down woo, because I mean we've all been there you've had to sit through school talent jos or something, and someone's up there, you know, doing a monologue of singer Sool, and you like, you wish them what.
Speaker 3: The best Jewish pay. So mister Mackie's in the school, in the classroom, he's going through the anonymous questions that they were all asked to do the previous day. Right, anonymous question and we'll answer them in class. You don't feel embarrassed.
Speaker 1: We never had this at school. I never had this at Mascot.
Speaker 3: I think we may have had this, but but yeah, recipe for disaster for mister MACKI because everything is just mister Mackie is gay. As you're saying, my parents hit me sometimes, and you're also gay, and you.
Speaker 1: A great line reading my bark sometimes my parents hit me and you were gay.
Speaker 3: You're good, yes, yes, But there's a question here about having a hard penis, and I love the focus on Jimmy. Jimmy's like and then they all I think they mock mock. I think they mocked the question, the question. Yeah, and he's like, no, we're going to talk about drugs instead, and it makes me discussing drugs come up here Jimmy here to wake come to the board, of course. Yeah, no, no, I'm all right. Yes, it wasn't what it wasn't a request. Yes, Jimmy, wake, come up to the to the board.
Speaker 4: If you can't be.
Speaker 6: Serious about the question box, then we'll just do drug identification exercise.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, Jimmy, why don't you come up here and.
Speaker 4: Write down the name of two narcotics?
Speaker 2: No, that that's okay, it's mickey, Jimmy.
Speaker 4: I'm not asking you, I'm telling you.
Speaker 1: Just not right.
Speaker 3: They say it with me?
Speaker 1: Why the hell not?
Speaker 3: Is what?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: You do.
Speaker 3: Right now?
Speaker 5: Right now?
Speaker 1: It is m okay, don't worry Jimmy.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's pick someone else.
Speaker 1: Eric Water, you come up here. Hey, that's bull crab.
Speaker 2: How can Jimmy don't have to do it?
Speaker 4: Will because Jimmy's pitching a tent right now?
Speaker 3: Is what? Then the kids they see the sign for the talent show, now call me crazy. My first thing, so the whole thing was Jimmy's getting erection. And then a couple of the kids are going, WHOA thought diffy? But the kids they see the sign for the talent show one hundred dollar more vouch. But they always go Jimmy always wins this. You know, he's just with his standard company. He's a brand of Standard company. But then they talked to him about something happen, talent show whatever, and he starts getting the direction. The bells go off, races to the toilet, but all the stalls are full.
Speaker 1: No room at the end.
Speaker 3: Virgin Mary, that's right, yes, And then he splashes the water on his face to try and come himself down. Butters walks just struts in, drops his Pantsih there's always that one kid that does this.
Speaker 1: Has he done this before?
Speaker 3: I think he has the ankles, bare ass.
Speaker 1: Completely dropping the shrides.
Speaker 3: Hilarious. I remember I walked to the kids into the boys toys and was like, why are your parents down there? I don't need bare ass right now. It's eleven in the morning. But he says, Tom, you know you're gonna win whatever. And then Jimmy gets home and I think it might be the first most in Jimmy's parents.
Speaker 1: Actually no, I think we're I've seen them once or twice Baker or by the way, but brings up, Yeah, like someone's up whos dropping bombs? Whos dropping bombs? How about a courtesy flush. I've never heard of the notion of a courtesy flash.
Speaker 3: It's tongue flushes the stink away. Is that what it is? No?
Speaker 1: I thought it was kind of like, no one wants to hear the ship coming out of your arm. If you know it's about to drop, then maybe hit the flush.
Speaker 3: So we know what I usually do. I usually flush the toy just before I do it shit, so it's still flushing whilst I'm shitting because the initial shit. He's like, I don't even want to hear this thing because the first it's always the loudest. He just flushed the toilet there and by the time it's flushed.
Speaker 1: So maybe this is the courtesy flush.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, yeah, okay. But he gets home and his parents they know about him getting erections in the classroom because mister Mackie has called them, and then his dad makes some jokes and something hard we have a hard time talking about, get it. I mean, his dad's an idiot, So I guess I know why they did that me at home. I'm like, I got the joke the first time, but I guess his dad's a bit of a dog. So then they called in doctor Powell and why is he called doctor Pale because he's a pal. He's a doctor and your pal. Yes, and he asked him to leave. What do you say? He says various things like part of growing up, growing out more like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's no due respect to the late great Robin Williams, but he's he's riffing with the near speed determination of Robin Williams.
Speaker 3: He tells the parents to leave so they can talk in prevo, and then he's Once they've left, he says, maybe we can just take our shirts off and kiss. And it's like, oh, oh, he's getting dark.
Speaker 1: Well, it's like he folds it into, you know, all the other spirits. If we don't want to do we can take of our shirts and kiss.
Speaker 3: Tries two or three times, real is not gonna happen, and leaves.
Speaker 6: Jimmy, there's nothing weird about random erections. Almost every boy goes through a phase whereas Penis becomes hard for no particular reason. It's just part of growing up, growing up, growing out is more like it.
Speaker 1: Oh, I have.
Speaker 2: To make it stop. The Tennis show? Is it Friday?
Speaker 3: Tell you what?
Speaker 1: Mom and dad?
Speaker 6: Why don't you skid out for a tack and let us hipster's talk in prevo.
Speaker 3: All right, come on, honey, Jimmy.
Speaker 6: As you get older, your body goes through a lot of changes. Certain hormones start to release as your whole reproductive system begins to awaken.
Speaker 1: And so if you like, we can take off our shirts and kids.
Speaker 2: Come again.
Speaker 6: Oh hey, nothing you see? See that set you off in a different tangent. You're thinking a different way. That's what doctor Powell is here to do, unless, of course, you think we should take off our shirts and kids.
Speaker 2: No, I now want to take up my shirts and kids.
Speaker 3: Well, then the hell with you, kid.
Speaker 6: You can just deal with your problems on your own.
Speaker 3: Jimmy is now having a nightmare of the Talent Show that he's doing his stand up at Martha Stewart, which he uses later on.
Speaker 1: Different because this one, Yeah, he does two Martha's Stewart jokes. They'd have a different one Vatican. They have different punchlines. Really, yeah, I think there's one about her new fashion access for me is like an ankle bracelet or something, and the other one is like or launching a new magazine, Living Martha Stewart, Living Umburella or something or something like that. But they're definitely different gags.
Speaker 3: I love that they keep playing up there have you seen it? Every single bit math she's kidding and.
Speaker 1: He gets the stiffy So is that that's Jay Lenard? Right?
Speaker 3: It sounds very Jay Lens, doesn't It.
Speaker 1: Is one of those guys are just like, why are we taking shots at Jay?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean there was a whole apparently he's the whole taking still from Letterman or something and whatnot. Yeah, but he seems like a.
Speaker 3: Decent enough whenever I see now it looks like he's been beaten up by the mob for the debts. There was that thing though, he fell down this little hill that was a very sort of targeted. Did he find his eye? He feund down his little grassy field and all of a sudden he headed busted over.
Speaker 1: From the grassy knoll.
Speaker 3: Why was he going there anyway? Anyway? So I guess the erection during during the talent show, during the Talent Show, on his in his dream but put stiffly puts sold shame, Oh exactly. I was like, Jesus, don't be scared to me. But then it's the expansion pack Garrison and says we're laughing at him. They could have easily made a very creepy petal gag with Garrison, but they didn't. True But I mean he's a woman now.
Speaker 1: Though, Well yeah, but is he.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he doesn't like little boys, but there's never been his thing, of course. Yeah, yeah, I went up. You know what I could have appreciated having missed a slave in the crack Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ. And he wakes up and punches himself and the knob and hurts himself. Butters is practicing his litterally performance for the talent show and Jimmy comes to talk about it because he's the only one who feels like he can trust and you won't make fun of him.
Speaker 1: This again, we talk about the sweetness of Butters, like, gosh, it never makes fun of someone with a problem, so of course he wouldn't a good guy.
Speaker 3: But is this the friend we all need in our life? And he says, if you know, you know what to do when your penis gets hard. He's like, oh, of course, of course I know what to do. And he says, you put it into girl with Janna and he'll sneeze some milk into a tummy. And then then the man this is interesting woman found. This feels like the story his dad told him. Oh yeah, yes, and then he needs to find a woman before the talent show. He needs to sneeze a milk, doesn't he Indeed, he goes to chat to Bertha at school and he artistics peenis and a vagina, which doesn't go down well, comes like what the hell are you doing? First? Need to take her out for some Italian food and make her think you're a good listener.
Speaker 1: I love that everyone sort of got their own bit of advice to give him. You know, Butter's is helping out, Carton's helping out the sort of got on. They're very close to getting sort of like yeah, you gotta go out for dinner or you know, you've got to do this kind of day.
Speaker 3: This does sound like something his mum would say. The first of all, you gonna take me out the dinner.
Speaker 1: You gotta wine and done, yes, exactly by a girl dinner.
Speaker 3: First, I just fix her toilet. Apparently.
Speaker 1: I love it. Can you get can come and help me out? Cart because you're like, well, you're like a white hitch.
Speaker 3: I was like, that's kind of a data gag now, because it is who the fuck knows what hitches any anymore? Do you do?
Speaker 1: You want to explain hitch to the I.
Speaker 3: Watched it once at the movies when it first came out. I ever watched since. But basically, Will Smith is like a dating expert who helps dug from King of the Queens. What is his name? Kevin Kevin James? Yeah on dates right? Yeah, well yeah, he's like the Yeah, he helps dudes. He's the love maddic grandpa.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, and he's got two sort of really seems like he's got two clients because he's got Kevin James and he helps Kevin James land like the supermodel. But the other guy's burn Notice.
Speaker 3: Oh it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's Jeffrey Donovan from Burn Notice and who turns out to be using hitches techniques.
Speaker 3: Just to get laid.
Speaker 1: What how How did he not use hitches techniques to find true love? He's just like, no, I'm going to use this you. Will Smith really takes events of this and then slaps him.
Speaker 3: Isn't that the purpose of your jump?
Speaker 1: But they remember that the post that I was like, Will Smith is looking really good. His his belt buckle is like an hPer hitch. I'm like nah. I mean Willis Smith is hitch. It did feel like that. It was in the era when will could do no wrong.
Speaker 3: It was and four ish, Yeah, yeah, it was he hadn't quite hit because when when did a damn fall start?
Speaker 1: I think it was late two thousands because he didn't pursue it happiness and yeah, and that was that was pretty well received. Yeah, but then he did another one called Seven Pounds, and everyone was like oh yes, oh and I was by the same director and it was like, oh wow An interesting you know, the story of you know, modern life or whatever.
Speaker 3: This is fucking weird. The movie that you liked but everyone else hated. With his kid oh after Earth, Yeah, that's pretty good. Maybe that's when the Daan face started when he tried to push his kids onto us.
Speaker 1: They weren't into it.
Speaker 3: When the care backing forth, no, no.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but then she didn't want to do that anymore. Well, I was like, Okay, I've done shading, I've done shaken my hairbag, and I'm going to shave it off Jadan, just like I just want to wear wi shit on the red carpet. It was talking about weird GLOSSI being on the internet.
Speaker 3: Yep, that's the story of his life. Now we are is is he just living off daddy's money? Really? Oh man, she's living off daddy's that he had a lot of money, Yeah he did. But so he's chat the birtha. It's not going well. So then he asked human to invite him onto the date like the whitehitch, do not be said, and he arrives at Shawna's house. So shawn has agreed to go on a date with Jimmy, and he takes it the book at the Fagga Chinis and then just the various lines. Now, Taylor is so interesting. Tell me, wow, that is so interesting. I never thought of it that way. But you're right.
Speaker 1: He now repeat back the final sentence. I never thought of it that way.
Speaker 3: Wow, how it's safely And then he asked to stick the penisula vagina, which doesn't go well. She throws the water at him and against feedback. Yet then it's time for the talent show, and first up we have Billy Turner from the third grade with his sax solo just fairly average, and Jimmy is just outside crying, and Barbara Barbrady here right, it was not the right voice. It was a.
Speaker 1: Weird scene different. It did seem like someone doing an okay, bar Brad impersonation, but I did bar Brady.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, But there were.
Speaker 1: One or two near the end there was like girls on one I have. It's like, it doesn't sound quite like him, close enough, but not quite. Jimmy, what are you doing out here? The talent show is in sewing.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna perform in the talent show.
Speaker 4: Not perform, But Jimmy, you love talent shows.
Speaker 1: Everyone in town knows that.
Speaker 2: I just can't risk getting up in front of everyone.
Speaker 1: Why all right, I keep.
Speaker 2: Getting an direction for no reason. Okay, but I can't get any of the girls here to let.
Speaker 3: Me do it to him.
Speaker 1: Well, of course not, Jimmy.
Speaker 4: Little girls don't want to have sex.
Speaker 2: Then why does God make it so that my peace gets hardest? Girls don't want to have it in it? The genis it's like a cruel joke.
Speaker 4: Well, Jimmy, the girls here are young and pure.
Speaker 1: They're not like the ladies down at Colefax Point.
Speaker 6: Cofax Point, Well, yeah, those women will have sex with anybody.
Speaker 3: Really.
Speaker 2: Maybe I can catch the bus and get down there before the talent show ends. Thanks Off, vibrady, you're welcome.
Speaker 5: Jim Wait Colefax Point, pimps and hose and tricks in rows, women walk the streets with corns on their feets, broken dreams and no ice creams.
Speaker 3: Then we I love the voice over here, pimpcils, hose and tricks and rose I don't know exactly, broken and no ice creams, Broken dreams and no ice creams. But Jimmy arrives at Colefax Point and he finds the nut Gobbler and he takes he takes her on a date to book a faker change. That's all we know. He's like, well, this is the process, all the process.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, he announces intense words like he said before, I get a reaching harder and they just one kid and the tail show has already starnd it.
Speaker 3: So he tries the same routine. Very stuff, please tell me more. Also, it's dude, I'm pissing blood. It's pretty grass.
Speaker 1: She's sitting with a legs sort of spread and all you respect an gobble. It's looking kind of mankey. Yeah, it's not great then around that part of the.
Speaker 3: World, yep. But then I love that. So she says we can just go do it. And he's jumping Jesus, what are we wasting time for? Going down to South Park is brought to you by the four Finger Discount Patreon, where you will find over one hundred hours of bonus podcasts, including exclusive South Park reviews and commentaries, as well as exclusive episodes of four Finger Discount, Tales of Futurama, Bobby's Pods, Speaking of the Hill, Talking Seiefould, the One About Friends, and so much more. So go ahead and join the family today at patreon dot com slash fourth Finger Discount. But the piper arrives and he's like, no, she's my gop, she's mate, she's my but Q Money drags her by the hair, sir, that is my whole. And then the talent show again, the girls playing the piano and just like it's just it's just a break up time. And then Q Money drives off with the nut gobbler and Jimmy follows him in the cab.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna kill you whole.
Speaker 3: Yes, he Money says he's gonna kill her, and then they get stuck. She get stuck, Betwen the true Carter. Jim is like, hold my crutch dragon between she got one leg in that car. One leg in that car. You knew where this is going. I first of all thought she's gonna get splattered on something, but no, we find out what happens in just a few moments. So we cut back to the goth kids singing their song. And you know, I watched this going. Guy's gonna like this? I did like that, and the song they played to felt very much what a goth kidd like, like the Smith's early depeche Mode. Then a motorcyclist he's riding in front of the cars towards him and gets his head stuck and you know where, and then kim and he shoots him, I believe, I think he shoots him and drags the bodies. He drags the gobblet back into the car with him. So Jimmy's now stuck with the cab because Jimmy was he on the cap at this point yet? No, he's not yet. No, he comes up in just a few moments. And then Clark and Laura are doing their magic show. I want to see what they did. It looked like yeah, but is that? But it's time to sing now we have here where? But as they go, that's my boy, I'm surprised they had that line. It didn't cut back to him saying, oh, you were not my son or something, because what I thought when he forgot the words, I thought that was gonna, oh no, he's not my kid or whatever. But no, if he has the words, what's himself? Whees himself? Yep? And then Miss Carrison walks in very nice short and sweeting it up. Then Jimmy jumps onto Q Money's car, pays his cave fair. He pays make your money obviously, as we've already discussed, and then they crash and Jimmy ends up flying off the top of the lands and a pile of garbage, and Q Money drags the hoo can that guble upstairs and Jimmy gets an erection.
Speaker 1: Oh jesus, not right now.
Speaker 3: Then Cartman is doing his select readings from Scarface, which I got to get. It's just again felt like something funny in the wviterer's room, the throne in there. Please too, Money, don't. I told him not to turn on me.
Speaker 2: Ale, Hey, Jackies, I'm sorry I resorted to calling you jackys just now, but I'm very upset.
Speaker 3: Okay, what do you gotta do? Huh? I got four feet on you and a girl? What do you have?
Speaker 2: What do I have?
Speaker 3: The weapon of comedy?
Speaker 2: So apparently the Chinese in the Japanese aren't getting along lady. Have you seen this? Have you heard about this?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: I'll tell you one thing. Their food hasn't been getting along with my stomach for years.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good, maths.
Speaker 2: Stude's out of jail. Have you've seen this? Have you heard about this? Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: She's apparently gotten real good at taking cakes with keys in it.
Speaker 1: Serve to write your son of a pitch.
Speaker 2: Nice teamwork, gobblet.
Speaker 1: I can't believe you chased me all this way. You you really.
Speaker 5: Care about me?
Speaker 2: Not really, You're just a hooker and I need to get late. The talent show could be over any minute.
Speaker 1: That's good enough for me, take me to bed. The pimp is kind of he's not. Ah, it's a funny.
Speaker 3: That's a good observation. I thought that was. That's pretty good. Yeah, she is like that, but it's just enough time for that to get a pole or something and knock him out and they leave. But did I leave yet? I think I just leave just yet. But basically, she says, you're a hero, and he's.
Speaker 1: Like, no, really, you're a hooker and I need to get late.
Speaker 3: Critically very matter of fact. Yes, so she says, take me to bed, So he carries it much like the officer and a gentleman to.
Speaker 1: The tune of Up Where We Belong by Joe Cocker, and Jennifer.
Speaker 3: Warns, yes, and the hookers will clap as they walk in, and yeah, he proceeds to have sex with the hooker.
Speaker 1: Yes, indeed at the hotel. Yes, root number twelve, by the.
Speaker 3: Way, number twelve. Okay. Then we have I singing the Yankee little Boy song. It's just whatever, it is, what it is, yep, it's just I just pretty. It's just time, it's filling yep. And the show's about to be over and they're about to decide which actually hated the least. But then Jimmy arrives. I think it's time to give me the microphone and he does his stand up talking about Bagdad and whatever. But then he gets an erection again. He said, oh, you get to be kidding me. You can't stop. There's no stopping. It's no stopping. It hard on no, And as the end of erection day, fantastic episode a sound Park just enjoyed it so much. It's good when to just give us a Jimmy episode from time to time.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he's a spice that you shouldn't overdo and you shouldn't have too frequently, and then when you do.
Speaker 3: Have the oh yeah, indeed, yes, all right. So that is our review of Erection Day. The next episode we're gonna be reviewing two days before the Day after Tomorrow, massuming it's a pisstake of disaster movies.
Speaker 1: I should certainly hope.
Speaker 3: So I've had The Day After Tomorrow sitting there in my must watch list for a while because he keep saying it's not a bad movie. I have nothing but bad thoughts about when we going to the movies and never watching it since. But I bought on Blue Red when it again, I just buy blue reds when the're cheap, right, correct, And it's sitting now, I'm going I'm gonna have to rewatch it. I think I'm gonna have to rewatch it. Before I watched this episode.
Speaker 1: Now would be the perfect time, with the perfect time, okah, with the planet on fire and this episode coming up, so yeah, it's a good go incidence.
Speaker 3: The next episode will be two days before the date after tomorrow. Don't forget the kick getting your questions in for the next mailbag episode. It's south Parkmailbank at gmail dot com. And as we discussed earlier as well, if you can't support us on Patreon for as little as just one dollar, it would go a long way to Kevin the lights on here at the four finger discount network. But if you support us five dollars or more, get access to over one hundred hours of exclusive podcast one hundred hours.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be coming love to two hundred hours.
Speaker 3: It's getting we definitely, it's a week's worth if you just push play and didn't stop for an entire.
Speaker 1: Week to a lot of content and go to sleep. Yeah, you just listen to your pals down there on d.
Speaker 3: And every episode of the show early in ad freeze. Well, so no adds, skipping ads, five dallas f dullas, my goodness, I've dolls.
Speaker 1: Get out of here.
Speaker 3: Yes, next week we'll be back with two days before the day of the tomorrow MI today has any final words? First, incredible listeners out there. Wow, that was very interesting.
Speaker 1: Please send me more