Speaker 1: Here we go, Here we go, Here we go. Come on, come on, good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: He.
Speaker 3: Rod Ryan, Hey, good morning, everybody. Wait you wake eat hands off cup Candie rob Ryan showed checking in for a tap Tuesday edition ten percent Chancer rain Sonny. Back up to some regular temperatures, you know, highs them around seventy six.
Speaker 1: What is it outside right now? It's a little cold out there right now. You'll need a you might need a little jacket. Oh yeah, it's forty eight. What are we doing today on the show. Well, we're gonna be very very busy, as we always are.
Speaker 3: Our paternity Paul fresh out of bed Head to head champion. He's going for win number two. I think he's a two time Hall of Famer. He's the one that got rid.
Speaker 1: Of old Greg the hides. Those tickets are going on sale this Friday at ten am. They're playing September ninth. I've got tickets for you in homeroom.
Speaker 3: Fun fact flashback three eleven bat Flower tickets at seven twenty. How about the Torture ten today, Alex Torture ten. Good time, let's get ten of you on the phone, Let's torture nine of.
Speaker 1: You should be the torture nine. No, because Nintenzone has to wait it out. Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 3: So Offspring Jimmy Eat World Newfound Glory tickets at eight twenty. But we're gonna go through ten of you live on the air. We're gonna throw nine at you in the pile of dead Koheat tickets early of the nine o'clock hour. Taking back Sunday on that build Pixie's tickets on Know the Show. Chilly said, remind you to sign up to play read my lips so that fall that sign up is on there, and then there's Alex right there with Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: What you got, Let's just strip the banded off everyone.
Speaker 4: Good morning, even though it may not feel like a good morning. The Cougars fell to Florida last night in the men's National Championship game. The Kugas led for most of the game, but Florida took a late lead and U of H wasn't able to get off a shot as time expired. The final score of the game was sixty five to sixty three. While the game where while they came up just short, it was still a pretty great season for the Cougs. We'll get into more of that in sports. Out of the fun stuff, Oh boy, yesterday's stock market was a roller coaster from the opening to closing bells, with mixed results in the end. The market started off with significant drops, including a four percent drop for the S and P five hundred, But when a rumor started to circulate that President Trump was considering a nine ban or a ninety day pause on the tarfs, he announced last week.
Speaker 1: That news sent the markets shooting upwards.
Speaker 4: But it didn't last long because Trump did say he was not considering a tear iff pause, and then the market saw another downward turn.
Speaker 1: The Dow closed down.
Speaker 4: Three hundred and fifty points and the SMP closed down zero point two percent. The NASSTEC did end up the or ended the day slightly up at point one percent.
Speaker 1: So I mean a win's a win, right? Yes?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: A lot of people are getting ready to do some spring cleaning around their homes. Maybe they already started doing that, but maybe we should also expand that to some digital cleaning as well. A new study was released on digital cleaning, and it found out that the average American has one thousand and forty four unread emails, twelve unread text messages, seventeen unread social media glorifications, Tesla she was the worst at this yeh one hundred and seven of everything, but maybe more.
Speaker 3: The thing that made me anxious about Tessa specifically in this realm was the unread text messages.
Speaker 1: Now, don't I know you're in a group. A group could like if you don't check.
Speaker 4: A group message for ten minutes, you could miss one hundred and seven messages just on that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'm out of that group.
Speaker 3: Then if they're doing that, if they're that crazy, I know, she signed up for things, and you know she wanted the ten percent off, so she said she agreed to text messages.
Speaker 1: But at one point she had like a couple hundred, four hundred unread text messages.
Speaker 3: That text messages to me is right below a phone call in importance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and for most it's more important.
Speaker 3: That's the way that primarily people will can you know, will communicate with people. Now, to have that many unread text messages, it's crazy to me because sometimes I'll.
Speaker 4: Leave a couple open. I'm like, okay, I have like eight, and it's like I'm going to get back to all of these people bang bang bang bang bang knocked that out. Yeah, but like if it's more than like, if it's in the double they did, it's either a group chat or I need to do some stuff.
Speaker 3: Well, we're going to talk about digital cleansing today on the show, so we'll get more into that.
Speaker 1: Not everyone can handle leaving something un seeing. Those sixty three percent of people say that they currently have zero unread text.
Speaker 4: Fifty four percent say that they have no unread social media notifications.
Speaker 1: Emails harder for people.
Speaker 4: Only thirty two percent of people claim to have zero unread emails. Seventy seven percent of people feel that digital clutter negatively impacts their lives.
Speaker 3: You are one of those seventy seven percent of people. I can tell the text messages. I have no unread text messages. I have thousands of unread emails.
Speaker 4: I have a bunch of unread emails, but I've gotten better about like the last two weeks. I probably have none unless it's like this morning, right now, my home email.
Speaker 1: Address, I have zero unread messages.
Speaker 4: Home, my home and Gmail. I'm just like those are loaded up because I don't.
Speaker 3: Check my work email. Oh oh, HiT's a mess. What else.
Speaker 4: Elton John and Madonna have had what seemed like a one sided feud for over twenty years now, with Elton trashing her publicly seemingly for no reason.
Speaker 1: But this past weekend they bear the hatchet.
Speaker 4: Madonna went to watch him on Saturday Night Live and confronted him after the show.
Speaker 1: Within minutes, the two were hugging.
Speaker 4: Elton even told Madonna that he had wanted to collaborate with her on a song. Madonna shared that it was hurtful to know that someone she admires so much had been so outspoken about his dislike of her as an artist.
Speaker 1: It's wild, like he never liked her. I did not know that they had.
Speaker 3: She walks in and he looks at her and says, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: That's it. That's all it took. So was he like a keyboard warrior? Then like he like sees her and again he's like, I'm sorry, he just never liked her.
Speaker 3: He walked in and he completely back down and said I'm sorry, and they started hugging.
Speaker 1: He wants to collab on stuff. He said, he wrote a song with her in mind and he wants to do it. That's pretty that's pretty crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he U in the past had called her a quote fair ground stripper and accuser of lip syncing.
Speaker 1: I do think I recall him saying she was a she lip SyncE.
Speaker 3: The balls on Madonna knowing that this guy for twenty years has trashed her, and she still went to go see him at Saturday Night Live.
Speaker 1: Just walked in. Yeah, that's pretty wide, that's ballsy.
Speaker 3: Too old. Madonna could pull that off. Elton did call the whole thing a healing moment. You're right, She's probably like one of the three people that.
Speaker 1: Are hep dug. I'm hey, what's up? What's going on here? You've got a problem, say to my face. Yeah, you know he didn't. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Metallica is teaming up with the American Red Cross to encourage fans to donate blood during their upcoming US tour. They're doing it through there All within My Hands Foundation, and the band is going to be organizing blood drives at several tour stops to help ensure that hospitals have the blood supplies they need. Fans who donate that these events are going to receive a limited edition T shirt while supplies last. The Red Cross emphasizes the donors of all blood types are needed, and those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: I hate that I got to just like get right back.
Speaker 3: Into those now, I know, but it's it's the biggest story.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So the Florida Gators are national champions. They got by UFAH sixty five to sixty three in the National championship game last night. It's the Gators' third national title in college basketball and their first since two thousand and seven. Florida coach Todd Golden becomes the second youngest coach to win a national title in street He's just thirty nine years old. Jim Valvano of North Carolina State was the youngest. He also beat U of H in a national title game when he was thirty seven years old in baseball that he didn't get a lot better. Astros fell to the Mariners four to three last night. They're gonna play them again this evening. Framerval doesn't have been the map of this show's going up against Seattles. Luis Destillo first pitches at eight forty and you can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: That thankfully, is what's going on in sports all right. Here we go four hours of pain starts right now. You want the first phone called come get It?
Speaker 3: Seven one three two, win two nine five, The most interactive show on the radio, starts right now.
Speaker 1: Ninety four to five. Buzz, Good morning.
Speaker 3: Rod Ryan's Show, My second favorite Foo Fighters song, Good morning everybody, rod Ryan's Show. Tat Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Getting ready for the fresh out of bed head to head shot with the boy that's coming up really soon, paternity.
Speaker 3: Paul's gonna go for win number two. He's a two time Hall of Famer. He hasn't been on the show in a wal. I only says, so, I know he wants to make good use of his time. But old Greg told us the same thing. Oh Greg stuck around for two games, So.
Speaker 1: Two, right, I think? So just two?
Speaker 3: All those great drops for what for what?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 3: So upper forties outside right now, sun these guys expected ten percent chance of rain hides them around seventy six.
Speaker 1: It's gonna warm up.
Speaker 3: Beautiful days, beautiful days, a beautiful week, tomorrow, golf tournament, beautiful, just awesome week, just an amazing, amazing weather week.
Speaker 1: Torture. Ten you're good with that? I sure am? Ten?
Speaker 3: Ten of you on the phone, or was it enough torture last night with the basketball game.
Speaker 1: Should we not do the torture?
Speaker 4: If we torture these people, then it won't It'll like take away from the coupes.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, I didn't know what to do today, just because I know people are upset over what happened last night, and a lot of people were up later than they expected. Chilli said he went to bed at halftime. I too went to bed at halftime. They were lucky, lucky you two.
Speaker 1: But I went to bed that they were winning.
Speaker 3: I thought, well, I'm just gonna support the team, and uh, it didn't work. Woke up, grabbed the phone and did my best Ralfie from a Christmas story.
Speaker 1: Oh fu shit, that's exactly how my morning went.
Speaker 6: Let's do this.
Speaker 3: It's a time for the first phone call of a day.
Speaker 1: It's like Zoe got through first. Hi, Zoe, Oh my gosh. Hello, oh m g good morning. I'm very good morning. How are you today? Oh my gosh, I'm wonderful.
Speaker 5: It's another day to be alive.
Speaker 1: I like the sound of that.
Speaker 3: And I just said good morning to everybody that was on uh watching us on Facebook live.
Speaker 1: Got a lot of people. It's cool, like they all chime in.
Speaker 3: It's a little mini community within the Rod Ryan Show people that are watching on Facebook Live, and they're all.
Speaker 1: Saying, good morning, good morning morning. I jumped in there.
Speaker 3: I jumped in there this morning and I said, you know what, I was reminded of a thing that my.
Speaker 1: Kid told me.
Speaker 3: It's a great day, to have a great day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I said today.
Speaker 3: So yeah, just trying to turn around that a lot of people MOPI there's gonna be a lot of mopid mope people around after that basketball game.
Speaker 7: Are we still getting are we still getting sunrise pictures?
Speaker 5: Is that still a thing?
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 3: I wish it was more a thing. People think that I take these things away from you.
Speaker 1: I don't. I just give I give, I give you guys the things.
Speaker 3: And then if it just like the Jelly Reports, people ask me, Rod, why don't you do Jelly reports anymore? Well, if somebody calls me and tells me where there's a cop on the side of the road, I'm gonna get you on the air. If somebody sends me a wonderful hashtag Houston sunrise picture, I'm going to get that out there for people to see. So those opportunities are always there, Zoe. I have not taken anything away from you guys. You know, if, like on Monday, people said, well what happened to sext jail blooder Fate, And I said, well, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, if you if you see a famous person, send it to me.
Speaker 3: I'll still post all that stuff. So nothing's gone away.
Speaker 1: You know, what can we petition for? Like a milf Monday?
Speaker 3: Did we do that? Was that a thing already?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we did do milf Monday.
Speaker 3: Yesterday, We did milf Monday yesterday, Tattooesdays today, So yeah, we still.
Speaker 1: Got some of that stuff going. Zoe.
Speaker 3: Perfect, Okay, listen, great sounding voice this morning. I like your positive energy. I hope you have an awesome day.
Speaker 1: Zoe. Thank you so much, you too, Thank you.
Speaker 3: For coming on with us. Thanks for being a part of homeroom. Let me take a short break. When we come back, we'll get set up for the Fresh.
Speaker 1: Out of bed Rock and Alter Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 8: I'm six to ten am.
Speaker 1: All right, welcome back everybody, and welcome aboard on this Tattooesday. Wakey, wakey, all right now, it's a little chilly out there, right now we're in the upper forties, but it's gonna be a pretty beautiful day. Nothing over a ten percent chance of I.
Speaker 3: Mean sunny skies, pies of around seventy six today. I wanted to start off by saying, I got a pretty active pole question this morning.
Speaker 1: Alix, what you got?
Speaker 3: You and I were kind of going back and forth about different pole questions for today, and I just said, I, how concerned are you with what happens in the stock market?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 3: Front, forty two percent of our audience not at all. I'm not concerned at all. Uh, twenty three percent slightly concerned, and then seventeen percent moderately and very concerned.
Speaker 1: So maybe we're just listening to the lame stream media too much.
Speaker 3: Either that or people don't have money in the stock market, so that doesn't like me.
Speaker 1: I'm a poor I don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So there's different ways to kind of dissect that, but that's just something that's going on on the X right now at rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: So what else? Give me a couple more dire wolves.
Speaker 3: Okay, three dude, three things you must see.
Speaker 1: This is Jurassic Park.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is It concerns me because like somehow they're the AI and die Wolves are.
Speaker 1: Gonna have the meeting and then they're gonna We're done.
Speaker 3: So dire Wolves, the ones that you heard about in Game of Thrones, they were real at one time.
Speaker 1: They have dire wolf fossils that they were able to extract, put it into a gray wolf. Put it to a.
Speaker 3: Gray wolf, which is like ninety nine dire wolf except for the hugeness of them.
Speaker 1: And they've made dire wolves. It's on Three Things You Must See Today.
Speaker 4: Pretty wild stuff. So dire wolves are back. The National Championship Game. People are talking about that floridabtu of Ah sixty five sixty three. That's all we ever talked about with that.
Speaker 1: And then Clym Burke is trending. The drummer for Blondie passed away at the age of seventy.
Speaker 3: We've been listening to Blondie at the house. The song one way or another Rocks. That's what blairs while you're on the Guardians of the Galaxy ride.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, okay, well rip to Clem Burke. That's trending on Night with the.
Speaker 5: Viz Morning Everybody. This is two time Hall of Famer Fraternity Paul believe it or not, It's been a couple of years since I've been on this game, but obviously I came to play. I am your fresh out of bed Head to Head one Day Champion. Join me on Tuesday when I make it win. Number two might be.
Speaker 1: Seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 8: Holla A rod Ryan Show on ninety four five.
Speaker 1: The Bush, Good fuck, ninety four five the Bus, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. What else would you be listening to? Ha silly forty nine degrees outside six point thirty one, Oh worries, not gonna be cold all day? Sunny skuys high of seventy six. Let's play a game, and now it's time for the Fresh out of bed Head to Head Challenge. Listeners to your corners. Paternity Paul, two time Hall of Famer, welcome back. Hey, good morning, every good morning, good morning, good morning. We have someone special lined up for you. His name is Robert Barnes. Robert, good morning, good morning, y'all.
Speaker 3: Well you call Bobby Barnes growing up, because that would be cool, Bobby bar Can you confirm nor did.
Speaker 1: Not come on?
Speaker 3: Bobby Barnes, Bobby bo bob By Burns.
Speaker 1: All right, you played with us last year Roberts. Oh, Babby ba ba b b b b by Bobby. Did you lose to her?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Sure I did too, Shi dude, welcome back to Aren't you glad you called? I am?
Speaker 3: I'm glad you did too. All right, Well, Paul's a two time Hall of Famer. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer. You guys are playing for what buzz Fast tickets? Chili is off the rails, man, Chili is off the rails. Tickets to join us at Buzzfest May twenty fourth, Woodland's Pavilion. Now, local bands are all getting their material into us. We're allowing a local band to open up the show, and one of you is going to be there.
Speaker 1: Robert and Paul. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Boys, are you ready?
Speaker 5: Yes, yep, yeah.
Speaker 1: Alex, please listen. Oh I will thank you. Question number one, how many stars? Paul he bit? I paused for a reason, Paul, go for it.
Speaker 5: One?
Speaker 1: How many stars are on the Texas flag? One?
Speaker 5: All we are intexted?
Speaker 1: Well, I know in America.
Speaker 3: I was going to ask what if it was how many stars are on the Chilean flag?
Speaker 1: Don't know real I don't know. It might be one. All right, did you know, Bobby? What were you gonna say? Bobby? You didn't.
Speaker 3: We're gonna say one also you were Okay, change that question, Jill and your husband to the American flag next time. All right, all right, Paul, all right. Paul jumped in early on that impressive. Bobby Barnes needs this to stay in the game. Question number two, what do bears do in the winter to save.
Speaker 1: Pauliber date? That was that, Paul?
Speaker 3: That answered Paul, Yes, correct answer, just because people love the complete question. What do bears do in the winter to save energy and survive when food is hard to find? Hibernates paternity, Paul, it's two wins, no one, pump chump, But that's Bobby Barnes out the door.
Speaker 1: Robert, Good job, Paul, good job, Paul. Hey, Robert, good to have you back on.
Speaker 3: Dude, hope you play again, make you sure may be good all I'm Paul punching your ticket for tomorrow.
Speaker 9: The rod Ryan Show, Good Morning on ninety four five, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. There's still our pals, that's Papa Roach.
Speaker 3: Even if it kills me rod Ryan show tattooesday. No one, pump chump fresh out of bed.
Speaker 1: Head to head chant age, here's your current champion.
Speaker 5: Good morning everybody, it's paternity Paul so sorry, No one pump chump here. Sorry, this two time Hall of Famer is you're fresh out of bed head to head two day champion. Join me on Wednesday when I make it win number three my bees.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get after it. It's back to the day. We make you look smart in your buddies. This the fuck back to the day. Here's what I should have asked, what should do that fresh out of bed head to head? How many stars?
Speaker 3: And then they would have chimed in, and then he would have said one, thinking that it was asking about the Texas flag, But I would have been asking about how many stars are around the mountain in the Paramount Pictures logo.
Speaker 1: Think about it. The mountain comes.
Speaker 3: Up, and then that that circle of stars goes around the mountain.
Speaker 1: Six or twenty two.
Speaker 3: They represent the twenty two movie stars they originally signed in nineteen sixteen. Yep, so you gotta really kind of visualize that logo twenty two stars.
Speaker 1: All right, let's move on honey nut cheerios don't contain any nuts. That is fun.
Speaker 3: They replaced the ground almonds with natural almond flavor that comes from ground up peach and apricot pits. They did that back in two thousand and six, guys, makes sense. Yeah, No nuts and honey nut cheerios.
Speaker 1: They're nutless.
Speaker 3: Why I know someone else that's nutless?
Speaker 1: Next fun fact?
Speaker 3: Which one do I want to do here? Okay, let's do this because everybody loves talking about billionaires. If you had a billion dollars and you spent one thousand dollars every single day, it would take you about two thousand, seven hundred and forty nine years to run out of that money.
Speaker 1: That's neat, Alice. Could you could you live on a thousand dollars a day? Oh? If I was a billionaire, I would donate all of it. Yeah, you would. It's the fuck that to the day we make you look smart in front of your bodies. It's the fuck that's.
Speaker 7: To the day.
Speaker 3: No nuts, no nuts, no nuts, nutless, honey, no nut surios.
Speaker 1: I'm changing the name, all right.
Speaker 3: I have tickets to go see The Hives September ninth, House of Blues. These tickets don't even go on sale until Friday at ten am.
Speaker 1: What is a show? Fuse? I know that one? You know that, don't you. I wouldn't remember it, but I would know it. What is a show? Fuse? Seven?
Speaker 3: One three two one two five nine four five. It's now time for rock out with your stock out with Captain Cass.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, that we let you in.
Speaker 3: Today because you had some some brighter, better.
Speaker 1: News for us, right, thank you. It was another wild one. I mean, I just want to say this. That tweet that shot the stock market up yesterday.
Speaker 3: Okay, it came from an account that had one thousand followers, originated on a one one thousand follower X account, and then some account that had millions of followers pick that up, put it out there and then boom. One tweet sent the stock market crazy yesterday, and then the president had to say it's not true.
Speaker 1: So that's how wild it is. The beauty of X.
Speaker 4: I get the beauty you think you want it, We'll run with it.
Speaker 1: Wild what you got?
Speaker 10: Hell well, it was a wild and mixed result on Wall Street yesterday.
Speaker 1: The Dow was down three hundred and forty nine points.
Speaker 10: Kick off this morning at thirty seven thousand and nine sixty five, Nastac up fifteen to fifteen thousand, six hundred and three, Bench Martin, Your treasury up in yield to a four point one five percent, and oil stands at sixty dollars ninety two cents a barrel to The most active is the Big Studs, Navidia, Amazon and Chase, the Big Duds, Apple, Home Depot, and Travelers on the economic calendar. This morning, we'll get numbers on the Optimism Index from March. Right now features. Hey, they're looking really good on the upside. Hang on, this be a pause opening right here on Wall Street.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 10: I'm out here.
Speaker 1: This is how LNN many you director with the Ramy James put it for the Ride Rhine Show from.
Speaker 10: Raymond James on say fleep, I think I said, don't forget to always rock out with the stockout.
Speaker 8: Finian's expressed are those of halland and not necessarily those of Raymond James and associates. Income Ever, NYC, as IBC, I ART Radio or A sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmision. We'll continue. This is not a solicitation, offer, or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to yourm This program is or educational and informational purposes. One the studs of Duds are based on the movement as reported by.
Speaker 1: Young and Finance ninety four or five. The Buzz.
Speaker 3: Welcome back, rod Ryan, show your good morning?
Speaker 1: Who's this? Hello? Hi, Eric, Hey, Erica, Welcome into homeroom. How are you? I'm good? How are you so great? What is a chauffuse?
Speaker 8: It is a female chauffeurs.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're so smart. How did you get so smart? Erica? I'd love to hear that. You are making my morning.
Speaker 3: You're the winner on the fun Fat Flashback. I'm gonna give you tickets that aren't even on sale yet. The Hives are gonna play September ninth over at the House of Blues.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get you into that show. Thank you so much. Yeah, thank you so much. Love you love having you in homeroom. Be careful out there on the road, so I have an awesome day.
Speaker 11: Will do?
Speaker 1: Thank you? You did say thank you?
Speaker 8: I will?
Speaker 1: I will all right. Alex just handed me Houston's headline. So it looks like he's ready to go. We'll get to that right after Inkybyss and Wish you were here ninety four five The Bus, ninety four five The Buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. Hope you're up to a great start to your day.
Speaker 3: If you're just joining us, well, welcome board on this Tat Tuesday, we got three eleven Batflower tickets next hour closer.
Speaker 1: To around seven twenty. Not gonna make you do too much for.
Speaker 3: Those, but we are gonna do the torture ten torture ten for offspring Jimmy Eat World, Newfound Glory tickets forty nine degrees outside sunny skies expected highs over around seventy six with little to no rain. And I got Alex over here with Houston's headlines delivering the turn sandwich from last night.
Speaker 1: Good morning everyone, even though it's not that good of a morning.
Speaker 4: The Houston Cougars fell to Florida last night and men's National Championship basketball game. The Cougs led for most of the game, but Florida took a late lead and you of age wasn't able to get off a shot as time expired. Final score of the game was sixty five to sixty three. While they came up just short, it was still a great season for the Cougars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Chile and I went to bed at halftime, not together, in separate homes and separate beds, but we did go to bed at the same time. Coogs were leading, and that was a nice way to go to sleep. Yeah, it was a terrible way to wake up.
Speaker 1: Not fun.
Speaker 3: No, especially finding out that it happened at the last second.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, Still a hell of a season for the Kubes. What else, Health and Human Services or Secretary Robert F. Kennedy is calling for an end to adding fluoride to public drinking water. He praised Utah for being the first state to ban the practice and express hope that other states would follow suit. Kennedy argues that fluoride and water isn't necessary and.
Speaker 1: May pose health risks.
Speaker 4: He points to a review by the National Toxicology Program which found that high levels of fluoride exposure are linked to lower IQs and children. However, it's important to note that these high levels are above what is typically found in US water systems, and more researchers needed to confirm these findings. In response to these concerns, the Environmental Protection Agency has started a new review of fluoride's health effects. This was literally an episode of Parks and rec but their dentists were behind it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I've seen a few podcasts that bring this up, and I don't know. There's a lot of things about fluoride and water that I didn't know. Cavity, it does makes your teeth better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 4: A lot of malls, hotels, and airports have escalators so you don't need to bother with the stairs, and now China is taking that same approach when it comes to mountain climbing. Several mountains in China are having escalators. This is not a joke story. Several mountains in China having escalators added to their side so people with mobility issues, older people, and just the lazy can get to the top to see the view without actually having to hike up them. They're gonna be like gondola style lifts, but with literal escalators that will have multiple places for people to stop along the way. It's still unclear what happens when these outdoor escalators break down.
Speaker 1: It's easy. They're gonna be stairs.
Speaker 4: You just go up the stairs or down the stairs, especially if the stop working midday.
Speaker 3: You know what's really rich if you take the escalator up the mountain and you still get a shirpa.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's to hold all your stock, hold your crab.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't want to carry stuff up on escalatory, so you still it, but you use the escalator mount. I don't think they're installing this on Mount Everest already now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we see if you're.
Speaker 3: Right, If it goes well, maybe everybody else starts doing that.
Speaker 1: Dude, Mount Rainy Air.
Speaker 3: We could be just escalating up. Where's the next billionaire that just like comes up? You know? Have we got all the guys taking people to space?
Speaker 4: What about when it gets windy, Like I feel like there's problems that are going to arise from.
Speaker 3: There's going to be some shortcut to get to the top of Mount Everest.
Speaker 1: There is going to be that. It's going to happen, and then people are yet I climbed Everest. It's like, not really, now you did it? I escalated up Mount Everest. I escalated Everest.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, macho Picho, I'm out of breath. That escalator really took it out of really steep. Bunny XO is back on tour with Jelly Roll.
Speaker 1: Oh really she's singing? Well, no, she's just playing an instrument. She's literally just like on the roila. Is she performing? No, none of those things. I love this story. She's back on the road with Jelly Roll, right great, Oh my god. She there has to be right there.
Speaker 4: She's in the hotel rooms with him at night and on the tour bus with him at at day. And what does she do with being supporter? She's his wife.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, she's back on the road with them.
Speaker 4: Sure, well, she's been quote making babies. This is what she says. Jelly Roll is on the road with Post Malone for their big ass stadium tour and now she's back by his side, thank god. The two of them have been talking about IVF treatments and her struggles to conceive a child in the past, and they eventually chose surrogacy. They're currently going through the whole process right now. But Bunny did say she was she planned the egg retrieval for when Jelly Roll was away touring in Canada. She said she didn't want to fight while she was on her hormone roller coaster.
Speaker 1: Okay, but she's back on the road with Jelly Wow. Okay, thank god, Wow Okay. You know they don't make them like her anymore?
Speaker 3: What a headline plenty xo back on the road.
Speaker 1: Wow, it was a slow day in entertainment, hey Blake? What is Mark Hoppus says that he.
Speaker 4: Did not find magic with Melissa Joan Hart when the two of them went on a date back in the day, but that he did end up falling in with his wife that very night. In his book Fahrenheit one A two, Hoppis details his awful date with Sabrina the Sabrina the Teenage Witch actress more than twenty five years ago, and he says that they failed to connect over dinner, so he cut the date short, only to end up talking on the phone all night with MTV booker Sky Everley, and that's where the magic really happened. Hoppis and Everly ended up getting married in two thousand and had their son, Jack Hoppis two years later. Oppas's book Fahrenheit one Ay two is out today.
Speaker 3: I remember her from Clarissa explains it all. Yeah, I watched that show that it.
Speaker 4: Was like Legend of Hitler Clers explains it all. Legend of the Hidden Temple Global guts when you'd get home from school.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, that was the line. It was yesterday. He went on a date with her and then he met his wife. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Interesting, I'd being like, dude, that date sucked, by the way, I think I love you.
Speaker 1: Where are you with that book? Going to? I'm going to.
Speaker 4: I was listening to a podcast today that had him on and I already ordered it, so, oh good, I'll get it sometime next week. I imagine those are uson headlines what's going on with Bunny xo. She is back on the road with Jelly Roll, Thank god, Thank god. So we can talk about Bunny XO more if you we'd rather do that.
Speaker 1: In sports, no, we had college football or college basketball last night whatever it was. Yeah, some silly games they were playing.
Speaker 4: Florida Gators or your national champions They got a uh sixty five sixty three in the national championship game last night. Is their third national title in college basketball and their first since two thousand and seven, and Florida coach Todd Goldhen now becomes the second youngest coach to win a national title in history at just thirty nine years old. Jim Valvano of North Carolina State was the youngest to win it at thirty seven, when he also.
Speaker 1: Beat you of h in a national championship game.
Speaker 4: Moving on to not as fun news still the Astros fella the Mariners last night forty three.
Speaker 1: They're going to play them again this evening.
Speaker 4: Framer Valdez will be on the mount for this DROs going up against Seattle's Luis Castillo.
Speaker 1: First pitches at eight forty.
Speaker 4: And you can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 9: Houston's rocking alternatives, The rod Rs.
Speaker 8: The Morning Show from six to ten AM ninety four or five US.
Speaker 1: Ninety four, The bus grid Day. Would I come around, Welcome to the seventh spot. If you're carrying over from homeroom, well, thank you, appreciate you sticking around. If you're just joining.
Speaker 3: Us, wakey, wakey, hands on your cupcake.
Speaker 1: It's only forty nine outside.
Speaker 3: Well, we've got sunny skies expected today with low chances of rain. I am seventy six. Awesome, it was awesome yesterday. Beautiful days out there.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: If you're getting outside, or if you've got a chance to get outside, do so.
Speaker 1: It's just it's either beautiful days. Man, there are awesome days. We know that that. I'll never complain about that. I mean, I don't mind starting out cold.
Speaker 3: If we're gonna be sitting sunny in mid seventies, I don't care what the morning is. I'll bring a parka in the morning and ug boots if you make don't make me.
Speaker 1: Don't start me with your rug boots. I don't have a pair to wear. No, I never had a pair. I'll never own a pair of ug boots.
Speaker 3: Stop three eleven, Bad Flower, May ninth, seventy one and three Musical. I got tickets coming up for you. I got Offspring tickets for you next hour. That's where we're going to do the Torture ten, Jimmy Ee World and Newfound Glory after Buzzfest.
Speaker 1: That's the show for me.
Speaker 3: I don't know which one you're most excited about, but that's also well.
Speaker 1: And I learned what a huge Offspring fan you are.
Speaker 3: I talked about, you know when they headline Buzzfest and you and I were down there on the floor and just Alex was singing every word of every single song like I thought. Alex drew up the the set list.
Speaker 1: I actually talked to Texture right before LA. I had some thoughts. I feel like you.
Speaker 3: They customize a set list for you, so that's gonna be a great show.
Speaker 1: We're gonna torture ten of you.
Speaker 3: Closer to around a twenty, Jilly said, would you please tell people to sign up for Read my Lips?
Speaker 1: Do it? I'm playing this week. Oh but you're beatable. I know I've always been beatable. You're beatable, Melanie the Felony. Yeah, right, she beat you.
Speaker 3: If you want to come down to the station and play Read My Lips, you can sign up online if you log out of the world famous rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot Com. I always like mentioning a little piece of history. I don't know that I've done it every single year on this date, but when I come across it, I.
Speaker 1: Should have something. I should I should have some kind of an outlook notification or something like that. In nineteen seventy four, on this day, fifty one years ago, baseball superstar Hank Aaron of the Atlanta Braves broke Babe Ruth's lifetime home run record by hitting his seven hundred and fifteenth home run in the game against the La Dodgers.
Speaker 3: The significance of that is our friend rest in peace. I loved him Milo Hamilton, who we had a great relationship with. He'd come on this show all the time. He loved the call more than anybody did.
Speaker 1: It's okay.
Speaker 3: I had to stand in a room with him and I played this clip on the anniversary before. But I every time Milo came in, I always played the call and he lit up when I played it.
Speaker 1: It was his it was his crown jewel.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: Milo Hamilton, longtime announcer for the Houston Astros, made that call fifty one years ago.
Speaker 1: What call? You ask? This call? Right here, he's sitting on seven fourteen. Here's the pitch by Downing swinging the.
Speaker 7: Dive and the left fail. That ball has gotta bay hot a hair. That's con that's seven pup pain. There's don't know, home run champion at all time. I have Henry Aaron.
Speaker 1: The greatest radio call of all time in sports.
Speaker 3: Maybe that wipes out the TV calls, that wipes out so with my low and I told him, I said, gosh, I go, I go, my load. That's like one of the great calls of all time. I'm going, I'm a hockey guy.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 3: When it comes to the greatest sports call of all time?
Speaker 4: Is there the.
Speaker 1: Put eleven you get paid? Is that the greatest sports call of all time? Alex, I think so it is. I think so it is. And then you know it was I'm going to good Fraser's at TV or radio. Probably it was a long time ago. I can't answer that. Down the wast Frasier, I would say with Bibby three. And then was it? I think it was Jack Buckett. I think it was Kirby.
Speaker 3: Puckett the say you Tomorrow night when he hit the home run and then they said it to any think it was in Game seven in the playoffs. I mean, there's such great calls in all sports Manny de Burris, Joe buck to that one.
Speaker 5: That was cool.
Speaker 3: I mean, but the greatest, one of the greatest accomplishments in sports are the two that we're talking about. Yes, you know the Miracle on Ice nineteen to eighty men's hockey team were a bunch of kids, ragtag kids, teenagers, you know, beat the greatest hockey team in the world. And that wasn't even for the gold medal. We all know the history of that. But they beat the Russians. But I think the single greatest achievement in all of sports was Babe Bruce's home run record and when Hank Aaron broke that record, it was the record that nobody thought was ever going to be beat. And I still think that, you know, hitting a baseball and hitting a home run on is maybe the hardest thing to do in all of sports.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: So I don't know, but to share that moment with Milo Hamilton and to play that in front of him, to tell when I talk about like my greatest moments in broadcasting, it's playing the nineteen seventy four clip and Milo Hamilton, Hamilton standing in the room with me, and then him talking about it about what was going on is mind and did you have it rehearsed and did you write something the night before? You know, you knew it was going to eventually happen. You were going to get to make that call. And He's like, no, I just I went with what I thought was right at the moment.
Speaker 1: You know it worked. Yeah, fifty one years ago, the.
Speaker 3: Late great Milo Hamilton with one of the greatest calls in all of sports and one of the greatest achievements shout out to Hank Aaron and Babe Ruth and Geez. I watched live the Mark McGuire home run and that was just unbelievable.
Speaker 1: It was in the middle of the day. They were breaking into.
Speaker 4: Television shows, so they would break into everything and they would just show you.
Speaker 3: No matter what was going on in the world, whatever when TV show was on, he could have been you know, Regis Philbin or whatever, anything that was on, they would break in and show these guys up at bat. That was a great time on Steroid Schmiroyd's. It was so much fun.
Speaker 1: And I got to see the Ovechka one live this time. Yep. That was cool. Yep in real time at least I wasn't there.
Speaker 3: But all right, Milo Hamilton, man, we miss it.
Speaker 1: You were the best rock and alternative fair.
Speaker 8: He used to The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 1: Buzz, Welcome back everybody, Rod Ryan's Show seven twenty three.
Speaker 3: Sunny today, low chances of rain, high of seventy six. We talked about the Great Anniversary fifty one years ago when Hank Aaron of the Atlanta Braves and then play caller of the Atlanta Braves, Milo Hamilton was there for the call when Hank broke Babe Bruce's lifetime home run record and he hit his seven hundred and fifteenth.
Speaker 1: Jonathan says, good morning, brother, Rob. Why you gotta make me cry this early in the morning.
Speaker 3: Every time you play Mylott clips, it brings a tear to my eyes. I wish I had gotten into baseball sooner as a kid to really enjoy the greatness that he was.
Speaker 1: You all should put some clips out there on the show archives.
Speaker 3: Maybe you play around of the Milo Hamilton game for old times sake. He goes on to say, I love being a part of homeroom. Yeah, I miss Milo. He really was just an absolute great dude.
Speaker 1: Good morning everybody. This is Milo Hamilton and you're listening to the Rod Ryan Show on ninety four or five the buzz.
Speaker 3: Oh he was the best man. He was a great guy. Making me tear up this morning too. Jonathan trending. I saw all the Low's stores, Yeah, are going to be closed, and it said for one day as a show of appreciation to all the employees.
Speaker 1: Low's the hardware store.
Speaker 3: He said, what it is, It is a hardware Steah, the owner said, I'm gonna give everybody the day off.
Speaker 1: It's on the twentieth. It's Easter Easter Sunday. For the.
Speaker 3: Seventeen hundred stores. All the low stores will be closed on Easter Sunday.
Speaker 1: See it's trending. Yeah, so that's pretty cool, all right? What else?
Speaker 3: Tattooesday friending Cherry Rebelle was submitted to us by listener Dusty, and people are checking her out the world Finish rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: Thank you, simply Dusty, Simply Dusty.
Speaker 4: And then continuing to trend is dire wolves. It's the number one thing I see on the Google trends.
Speaker 3: It's the number one thing on three Things you Must see Today.
Speaker 1: Dire Wolves are back. You're the Jurassic parking there. It's a bad idea though, I didn't know dire world wolves were a real thing. Obviously I watched Game of Thrones, but they were a real breed of wolf. And my niece Winter loves dire wolves.
Speaker 4: Always gives us dire wolves facts and where was she introduced to them?
Speaker 1: She just likes animals, so she just learns everything about animals.
Speaker 4: So she can just tell you all the facts about dire wolves, whom I have a call in tell us some dire wolf fas.
Speaker 1: Ring her in. Uh. They found some fossils. They mixed them with gray wolves and just like Jurassic Park.
Speaker 3: Remember they filled in the they filled in the missing parks on Jurassic Park with like frogs or something like. The DNA was like almost exact, so they DNA of a froul. They're not talking about bringing back dire wolves. They have brought back diny wolves, two of them. There's two dire wolf cubs and they're out of Dallas. So of course, so it's here in Texas.
Speaker 1: What could go wrong?
Speaker 3: Jurassic dire Wolf Park coming on to it?
Speaker 5: Do it?
Speaker 1: That's just training and night befy the bus, you crazy sons of bitches. You did it? Just give away some tickets worked out well for them in that movie, all of them.
Speaker 3: You can see the dire Wolves. Three things you must see. They're the headline today.
Speaker 1: Okay, call the ten right now. Three eleven Bad Flower, May ninth seven one three Music Hall You call us at seven one three, two, one two, five nine four five will reward you. The Rod Ryan Show on the Bus ninety four five, The Buzz Good Morning, Rob Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: On a tattooesday. Alex just told me that Tattooesday's trending. That is we're just listen. We know the National Championship game is trending. Do we need to just talk about it all morning?
Speaker 4: The job requires me to tell you what's trending. It doesn't say it's gotta be great stuff. I don't want that to be with's trending. If I can, I can I alter.
Speaker 1: The news and just tell you what I want to tell you. Because if I if I can do that, you could have gone with any entertainment story. The Gravy podcast trending that we were recording earlier this week. There you go, we started doing that. You could have gone with any entertainment story in the world. And you told me that Bunny XO is back out on tour with Jelly. It was a slow entertainment day. There was not a lot of stuff.
Speaker 4: Wilver Valderrama dated like somebody when she was nineteen. That was like the lead thing I saw, And I was like, oh, it seems a little depressing. How did Wilder like try play the age game with stuff?
Speaker 1: Wilder Valderramo, Walderramo whatever bez he dated Demi Levado when she was maybe seventeen.
Speaker 3: He dated Lindsay Lohan, she was a teen. This guy was in his twenties. And then someone else, I don't know, Hillary Doff or whatever. This guy like had teenage girlfriends one after another after another.
Speaker 1: Somebody dated Justin Timberlake when he was sixteen. Fergie. Fergie did yeah, but like he was like, oh that that just seems like a weird story to run with.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, Like, but how is that guy never like Wilder Valderramo's never been canceled.
Speaker 1: I think he kind of was. I don't know. Then there was somebody got way more canceled from that show, Dannie Masterson.
Speaker 3: So they were like, yeah, maybe, yeah, you're right, Like, I don't know, I'm not saying anything that they did was right.
Speaker 4: But he was like yeah, like when you're there's a body, there's a bunch of random news stories. And went to Slow Day. Sometimes you got pick and shoes a bunny XO. We know everybody loves Bunny Lou. Then she rejoined the tour. Dude, she was say, who are saved?
Speaker 3: I have a POLP question this morning, And again I don't even know.
Speaker 1: How to dissect this.
Speaker 3: To be honest with you, my question is how concerned are you with what happens.
Speaker 1: In the stock market?
Speaker 3: Forty four percent of our audience not at all. Now, that could be read in two ways, Alex.
Speaker 1: The first thing you're going to say is that's young people that don't have money in the stock market, so they don't care. Yes, it also is super far.
Speaker 3: Leaning right people that are like, I'm not concerned, this is fine, Trust the process.
Speaker 1: I think there's some of those in that number too.
Speaker 3: Anything like that, you know, because you got people on TV they are saying, don't worry about it, trust the process.
Speaker 1: If you haven't sold anything, you haven't lost any money. Ooh, that fires people up. Maybe I buy now though it's I guess.
Speaker 3: So forty four percent of our audience is not concerned at all with what happens in the stock market.
Speaker 1: It's a tie. It's about nineteen percent very concerned and moderately concerned, and then seventeen sense slightly concerned. But the largest number is not at all.
Speaker 3: I'm unfaced by all this stuff that you're talking about with the stock market.
Speaker 1: That's interesting to me, just because we use it as.
Speaker 3: A headline before we've been using it in your in your headline stories, and it's.
Speaker 1: A it's a headline story.
Speaker 4: But because it's a headline story doesn't mean people have to feel the same.
Speaker 1: Way about it.
Speaker 4: It's the people that It's like when your team loses and you feel like they got cheated in a game, it's the ref's fault and you're the loudest about it. That doesn't mean everybody else feels that way. It means you feel that way, so you're going to be very loud about it. If you have stocks that you're losing money in, it means something's going to feel upset about it, So you're to be the loudest about it.
Speaker 1: You got skin in the game. Yeah, not everybody's got skinning game.
Speaker 3: Okay, let me go on to the phones here. Good morning, rob Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Good morning. Hey, who's this? This is Stacy. Stacy.
Speaker 3: I hope you don't mind me put you on the spot though. How concerned are you with what happens in the stock market? Is it something that like you follow and you look at or you're not really that doesn't concern you.
Speaker 4: I'm a little in the middle, So yeah, don't cuss.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to get political but no in the middle.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, I mean, listen, the stock market is not political. Although politics is now mixed with the stock market, it kind of is right now. But I'll say this, the stock market and the economy are two different things. You got to keep that in mind. Those are two completely different.
Speaker 1: Things as not economists.
Speaker 3: That is my take that I believe until somebody sends me an email and saying, Rod, here's where you're wrong.
Speaker 1: So let's get out of this sta.
Speaker 3: Let's give you some tickets ticket stocks at.
Speaker 1: An all time high.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how about three eleven and Bad Flower May nine seven, one three Music Hall.
Speaker 1: Would you like to go? I would love to All right, we're gonna get you into that show. Thank you, Thank you for listening, Stacey. Have a great day. Okay, thank you to Okay, I got a confession to make, much like the day that I went on this show and I said, I have never I know this is people are hearing this for the first time. I've never drank a margarita. A kind of crazy. Today is and this.
Speaker 3: Doesn't do me any favors. Okay, today is National Empanada Day.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure that I could pick an empanada and an enchillada out of a lineup, nozer, just like Mexican. Uh. I'm trying to think maybe I got a guy here that could help me. You think I got you think I got a guy here that might be able to help And you're wrothy, Alex.
Speaker 3: If only we had somebody around that could help me with this money.
Speaker 1: It's national impanada day. Oh they're the great Listen? Are they the greatest? Some of the greatest? Climate do I like them better than Enchilada's. They're kind of the same but in different style.
Speaker 3: Boy, get ready to fire up the fan base right now. Well, listen, I'm good with caesadilla's. I know what those are, Okay, I know what fahidas are. I'm certainly well versed in burritos and tacos. But I'll tell you what, when it comes to enchiladas and impanadas, I might need some help.
Speaker 11: They're kind of like different regions of the of the universe.
Speaker 1: Is one smothered in sauce?
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's not Inlada, you know?
Speaker 1: And then but na that it's what.
Speaker 11: It is is they put uh, kind of like a calzone. Like Alex said, they put meat or cheese on the inside and then they fry it.
Speaker 1: So it's in dough. Yeah, in the dough. Oh so it's kind of like a peroge Mexican.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Well it's a lot of Colombians and use.
Speaker 1: But you can put anything you want on it.
Speaker 11: You can put like, uh, cheese, you can put round beef, so like a meat pie.
Speaker 1: Yeah okay, but.
Speaker 11: It's uh, but you can eat. They're smaller, they're not like big or anything like that. You can eat them, you know you. I mean they're good. I've had them. I've got I've been to a restaurant Briza. They sell some imps and panadas as appetizers.
Speaker 1: Oh bro, they're good. See it's a good thing. We had a guy.
Speaker 11: But they also making panadas with like dessert and stuff too.
Speaker 1: Stacey is still there, Stacy, good morning. You're still with me. I'm still here. You can only have one for the rest of your life. And banadas or enchiladas, that's the one that's covered in the sauce. I gotta go with you on that. Listen. I knew you were cool. I knew you were cool, Stacey.
Speaker 3: Stacey, what else do you want to talk about?
Speaker 1: She's like, just give me my tickets, Rod, just give me my Jake adds, all right, Stacey, I'll go for but Enchilada. I'm with you on that.
Speaker 3: Then if that's the one that's the smothered and the sauce, yeah.
Speaker 1: I think are they dry? No? No, okay, but not dry.
Speaker 4: Used to be a place in Katie. There was a guy who went to high school with his parents. Ran Marini's and Panada House.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're still there. Oh really yeah, it rocked a couple of times.
Speaker 3: If only there was a guy. Oh, we have a guy that could clear all this up for us. It's kind of like when it comes to Cajun food. I mean I spent all those years in New Orleans gumbo John Balaya.
Speaker 1: If you asked me to explain a two fa to you right now, I don't think I could. I don't think I could ramble off what a thing some sauce pecan? Oh? You know I got a guy, Yeah, I got a you.
Speaker 11: Know, Troy Landry from Swamp people taught me of myself pecone.
Speaker 1: Learned all right.
Speaker 3: Well, email Chi l E at the buzz dot com all your food questions.
Speaker 1: This guy knows it all all regions.
Speaker 8: He knows all the Food, The rod Ryan Show, Mornings on.
Speaker 9: The Bus, The rod Ryan Morning Show six Am.
Speaker 1: The Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. Thank you so much for having us on. It's SAT. Tuesday. Alex told me that was trending earlier today. That's good news was that's good news. We got a pretty active poll question up on the X at rod Ryan Show. You can check out the video component of the show. I'm waving hi everybody. Thank you for checking us out. We're on YouTube and we're on Facebook. We got the videos. There's Chili. You can watch Chili all morning long. You can just watch him. That's what how you do most morning.
Speaker 3: I just get lost times. Let just get lost looking at him. You can watch us the whole time that the show's on on Facebook Live and on YouTube.
Speaker 1: Why don't you go check that out. Some of you have not looked at that yet. You're like, I'll get around to it. Do it. Do it? See if we look as silly as we sound. Sonny's guys today. Low chances of rain except for Chili. He holds up, yes, he holds up. So sunny skuys today. Low chances of rain highes them around seventy six. We're gonna play the torture ten next hour. Oh boy, can't wait?
Speaker 3: E Bay, all right, we'll torture ten of you on the air to win those offspring Jimmy Eat World Newfound Glory tickets.
Speaker 1: Okay, Alex Well, good morning.
Speaker 4: Everyone's the Houston Cougars felt in Florida last night the men's National Championship basketball game. The Coogs led for most of the game, but Florida took a lead late and you A wasn't able to get off a shot at time expired. The final score of the game was sixty five to sixty three. While they came just short, it was a great season still for the Houston Cougars. Yesterday's stock market was a roller coaster from the opening to closing bells, with mixed results in the end. The market started off with significant drops, including a four percent drop for the S and P five hundred, but when a rumor started to circulate the President Trump was considering a ninety day pause on the tariffs, he announced last week. That news sent the market shooting upward, but it didn't last long because Trump did come out to say that he was not considering a tariff pause, and the markets then saw another downward turn.
Speaker 3: Dude, it was one tweet. I told you. It came from an account that had a thousand followers.
Speaker 1: It's X. The everything up you was a media on X.
Speaker 3: And then somebody picked up that tweet that had a million followers, and that's how the news spread and then almost instantly the markets changed over a tweet.
Speaker 4: But that's what like an X, what you were saying, the stock market is not the economy. The stock market can literally be influenced by a random fake tweet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm saying that the two aren't. Some guy just like schooled me out all the way. I get that. I understand some guy just schooled me. And it's like, I'm not saying that they're completely one hundred percent separate. But the economy and the stock market to me are two different things. My question this morning, and you know, we got to plan what we're going to talk about every morning. Okay, that's that's my job to come in the morning and figure out, Okay, what are we gonna what are we gonna hit upon? You and I we talk about what stories we're going to do, and forty five percent of our audience when asked, how concerned are you with what happens in the stock market?
Speaker 1: Forty five percent of our audiences not at all? Right, like not at all. Now, I don't know if that's smart.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that's just like, hey, I'm living my life, I'm doing other things, or I've got money in the market.
Speaker 1: But I trust the process and I'm not worried about it.
Speaker 3: I don't know how to read that, but twenty percent of our audience is very concerned, eighteen percent of our audience is moderately concerned, sixteen percent slightly concerned, forty five percent not at all. How concerned are you with what happens in the stock market? I mean, there's no denying it's a big story. Yeah, And I know we've been talking about it for a couple of days. And if you're not interested, I apologize. It's just it's a huge story, yeah, that you know that's affected with these tariffs and everything. So whether you're for it or against it, it's happening. It's just something that's happening. And that's what we struggle with every morning. Alex and I, what are we going to talk about this morning? What are we gonna put in the headlines. There's a man of stuff that we're super stoked about. Yeah, I mean like Bunny XO is back out on tour with Jelly Roll.
Speaker 1: Don't even give me a start on jack about that one. All right?
Speaker 3: So that's the stock market. Yeah, there's a pole question up. I'll tell you. As soon as I put that question up, boom, it caught fire too.
Speaker 1: That's good. People did want to talk about it, talking, you know, about caring or not care.
Speaker 3: So that whole question, it's got a lot of activity on it. At Rob Ryan's show What's Your Next Thing? A lot of people are getting ready to do some spring cleaning around their homes and maybe that should expand a little to some digital cleaning as well. There was a new study released on digital cleaning and it found that the average American has one forty four unready email, twelve on read text messages, seventeen unread social media notifications, eleven unread app messages, fifteen open browser tabs, nine unused smartphone apps, and two pending software app Now, if I go to on my phone, if I go to Google, there's a little box at in the right corner. Sometimes it'll say five or six, and I'll forget and I'll click on that browser pages and that's how many pages I have open.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I clean that sucker out. I don't you told me that you permanently have browser now I have. I have some that I just keep open all the time. Okay, let me ask you about a digital cleanse. If you had to guess how many pictures you think you got on your phone? You have folders and folders right, yeah, yeah, so old. I'm talking pictures.
Speaker 3: You're taking pictures of your your kid, yeah, the kids, your wife's twenty seven.
Speaker 1: What's the future of those? Do you ever? Because this is what I recented this to you.
Speaker 4: But I'm bad about going all the way back and like cleaning stuff from years ago. I'm good at like every couple of weeks, somebody like, can we get rid of this? Let me get rid of this, Let me get rid of this.
Speaker 3: Are you just trusting the cloud or your one drive that they're backing all that up for you or so here's what I do.
Speaker 1: I don't trust that stuff.
Speaker 3: I just plugged in my phone and for thirty five minutes, I downloaded all of my pictures on my desk on my desktop.
Speaker 1: Because I don't I'm not Joe one drive.
Speaker 3: What if he just calls in one day and just takes all my stuff cloud and one drive.
Speaker 1: I just don't trust it.
Speaker 3: I plugged in my phone to my desktop and I backed everything up for thirty thirty five minutes for all the picture and I'll do it every now and then and I'll just I'll kill the last holder, but I'll make sure that it's still started on the same pictures and then all the new ones and I'll just do my own backup.
Speaker 1: That's pretty smart. Let me get into that. That's how I am. I just I'm not trusting all these other.
Speaker 4: Having like the hard drives and random stuff on it all bad at Like, like, hey, I need to update these digital sprint cleaning is the thing.
Speaker 1: To do that, yeat.
Speaker 4: Not everybody can handle leaving something unseen. Sixty fty percent of people say that they currently have zero unread text messages, say they have no unread social media notifications. Emails a lot harder for people. Only thirty two percent of people claim they have zero unread emails.
Speaker 1: Oh, you've got to be the happiest person ever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's going to be the life and the seventy seven percent of people feel that digital clutter negatively impacts their life.
Speaker 1: It doesn't.
Speaker 4: Elton John and Madonna have had what seems like a one sided feud for over twenty years now, with Elton trashing her publicly seemingly for no reason at all. But this past weekend they buried that hatchet. Madonna went to watch him on Saturday Night Live, and she confronted him after the show, and within minutes the two were hugging, and Elton even told Madonna that he had wanted to collaborate with her on a song. Madonna shared that it was hurtful to note someone she admires so much had been so outspoken about his dislike for her as an artist, and Elton had previously called her quote a fair ground stripper. He also accused her of lip syncing. Elton called the whole thing a healing moment.
Speaker 3: He just decided he didn't like her from the day, from day one, and she went to go see him when she was young, and she always said that he was very influential. I mean, think about it, very flamboyant, the costumes, all of that. You know a lot of artists, Oh, Elton John a lot for that stuff, and it just bugged her forever that Elton just didn't like her. So she had the balls to go to SNL gets through, everybody goes, it's Madonna.
Speaker 1: She go to where she wants. She goes into his dressing room and he just looks at her and says, I'm sorry. Just like that, she didn't have to say anything, like, she didn't have to say why don't you like me?
Speaker 3: She walks in and he looks at her and says, I'm sorry, and then boom, mahu, So I mean Madonna with balls?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, definitely good for her.
Speaker 4: Metallica is teaming up with the American Red Cross encouraged fans to donate blood during their upcoming US tour. They're doing it through there All Within My Hands Foundation, and the band is going to be organizing blood drives at several tour stops to help ensure that the hospitals have the blood supplies they need. Fans who donated these events are going to get limited edition T shirts while supplies last. The Red Cross emphasizes that donors of all blood types are needed.
Speaker 1: Those are Houston's headlines. All right, here comes the fun stuff. Maybe go ahead.
Speaker 4: Well, the Flooda Gators are national champions. They got by u of eight sixty five to sixty three in the national championship game last night.
Speaker 1: We already talked about that.
Speaker 4: It's their third national title in college basketball, their first since two thousand and seven. Flota coach Todd Golden becomes the second youngest coach to win a national title in in CAA history and baseball. The Athros fell of the Mariners last night, four to three.
Speaker 1: They'll play the Mariners again tonight.
Speaker 4: Rambervaldez was going to be on for the Strows going up against Seattle's Luis Castillo. First pitches at eight forty and you can listen to that one on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports. Sorry, I'm sorry. You know you're you're doing your thing, and you know, I'm kind of just going through a couple of emails.
Speaker 3: It's Rex Manning day. But that didn't make me laugh. Donald sends me an email. Donald Henderson, He goes, I haven't emailed in a while, but I have to say that three things you must see is the tits.
Speaker 1: Go check it out. I mean it is Thank you that made me laugh.
Speaker 9: The Ryan Morning Show, the.
Speaker 3: Bus alright halfway part of the show, people ninety four or five buzz that's the red Hot Chili Peppers and other side eight o seven.
Speaker 1: Are you prepared for the Torture ten? I already started load of some stuff for it. I'm very prepared.
Speaker 3: So I know you guys think that I love this game. The only person that loves it more is the guy that places all of the day different drops in there. And I leave that soul. I put that squarely on Alex. Now you do what you do. We got enough stuff in there, and I trust the process. I trust that you only because I know you love this game more than I do.
Speaker 1: You love me hanging up on these nine people.
Speaker 3: The Torture ten to win Offspring Jimmy Eat World Newfound Glory tickets, So that's coming up after the break. Sunny skies today, low chances of rain, highs of around seventy six.
Speaker 1: You caught me laughing.
Speaker 3: I just I mean, I literally blurted out in the middle of You're doing the sports and the headlines, and I just started laughing because I read an email and it was Donald and he said, like I haven't emailed in a while, Rod, but I had to say three things you must see is the tits.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I've already read that email three times and sa he still got me laughing. Number one, very funny email.
Speaker 3: I have a friend on Facebook, or I have a friend she's a friend of mine, Jimmy's wife, Ronda. And because it's Ronda, she's like really good at Facebook.
Speaker 1: She just posts just the right kind of stuff. She's cool. She's cool in real life.
Speaker 3: But you know, she'll post some fun things and did this, and maybe some recipes or something that she made. But she uses that phrase and she doesn't overuse it, but every now, and she's even used it on something that I've posted before like that, and like let's say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah. But let's say like she.
Speaker 3: Makes like a castle roll or something, and she'll just share it with everybody and she'll say it was the titties. I laugh every time I read that, and it's because it's coming from Ronda.
Speaker 1: It makes me smile.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you, it's the funniest compliment to ever give.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 3: So let's go back to three things you must see today. You've been talking about it. It's been trending all morning. We have made dire wolves.
Speaker 1: They're now. I don't know. If I didn't watch Game of Thrones.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't know what the hell you were talking about.
Speaker 1: But you said that your niece Winter has clearly never watched the Game of Thrones. And she's about the same age as London. Ye, so she knows all about dire wolves.
Speaker 4: She knows all about all animals, but dire wolves are one of the things she's really zeroed in on and she knows all the facts about.
Speaker 1: That is crazy to me.
Speaker 3: Dire Wolves have been brought back from extinction. They are a real thing, not like an invention of Game of Thrones, but.
Speaker 1: Maybe also an invention of Game of Thrones. Of George R. R been up too, He's not been writing books.
Speaker 3: They got that stuff from somewhere.
Speaker 1: So there were.
Speaker 12: Dire wolf fossils that they that they Jurassic parked and like grabbed something from the fossils and mixed it with gray wolves, and they've made a dire.
Speaker 4: Wolf, mutated the genes. So science and nerdery and now he got two. They look pretty cute. Honestly, they showed the videos.
Speaker 3: Well they're cute now, dude, so Nicole just sent this over to me, and I'm looking at our stories because I posted it on there. A dire wolf could be seven foot in length three and a half feet tall, Okay, like bigger than a gray wolf, bigger than a regular wolf, bigger than a husky.
Speaker 1: And these things are big. These things are big, dude. Yeah, it seems like they could definitely become a problem.
Speaker 3: Was it the right thing to do to bring? Do we need them back?
Speaker 1: No? Okay, So a.
Speaker 3: Husky, an average husky, is about two feet tall, four feet long, a gray wolf six feet long, two and a half feet high.
Speaker 1: A dire wolf which.
Speaker 3: Weren't around, but now there's two of them in Dallas here in Texas. A dire wolf seven feet long, three and a half feet high. Okay, it's a big uh.
Speaker 1: And then what shorty though? But I mean are they angry? I mean, yeah, they're wolves.
Speaker 3: Did you guys not see American werewolf in London?
Speaker 1: Do we need this? No? We don't at all.
Speaker 4: And then like what also concerns me is Ai wasn't really around for Jurassic Park?
Speaker 1: Can you imagine if the dinosaur has got Ai and them too?
Speaker 3: And then like somebody's gona like, what if we just putt Alibran and I'll help it evolve faster.
Speaker 1: And then they're like, oh what if we just killed all the Yuman's done?
Speaker 3: So I get it happen. So that's headlining three things you must see. But I got to move on because I think this dude is right. This this link is awesome. They had a bunch of drum you've seen, like the drones up in the air. How they can form form anything.
Speaker 4: Because you see this guy, the one they did on the Empire State Building, that's.
Speaker 1: What I have. Okay, so you have these drones and they're all working in unison, and they formed the shape of King Kong and they're climbing up the Empire State Building a King Kong drone even like hanging on the little needle things.
Speaker 3: It's it is so unbelievable. It's wild. And then finally, which is.
Speaker 1: Still is wild.
Speaker 3: A Japanese company has created a concept for a robotic horse powered by a hydrogen engine. Alex's favorite part. It's equipped with AI nope pass so.
Speaker 1: It's gonna kill us.
Speaker 3: You could ride a robot horse and they'll just jump off of That would be smart and and it'll know.
Speaker 1: How to buck you off of like a cliff.
Speaker 3: Kawasaki is making this. You're like, well, row, a robot horse is basically a motorcycle.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 3: This has got the four legs like that Boston the dynamics thing, which is also of those dogs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, right right, this is a horse. This is all three things you must see today. It's nightmare fuel this kind of what it is. I understand.
Speaker 3: Donald hasn't emailed me. He said it a long time. He said three things.
Speaker 1: I gotta let you know a lot of things. It's the tits is it is that.
Speaker 3: Should be the number one blog pace today right after.
Speaker 1: Many test Tuesday's get aa it should be number one. It should be number one. The three things you must see today.
Speaker 3: It is properly titled three things you must See Today.
Speaker 1: Real they must see it. So again, I get nothing for this. Okay.
Speaker 3: My company does not care about web hits anymore.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: It just wants you to download the app, and they want you to set up those damn presets and watch Wheel of Fortune. And they want you to watch Wheel Fortune this week too, And we want you to watch Wheel Fortune this week because it's iHeart Week and it's the first time ever. This is what my company's so proud of. It's the first time they've ever had a small case letter on the board to spell out iHeart Week. There was a small eye and let me tell you, the higher ups were losing it.
Speaker 4: You're gonna tell your kids where you were when you first saw the first lower case letter on wheel of which I was trying to explain it to l yesterday.
Speaker 1: She didn't understand anything I was saying. I was alive. This is history, sweetheart.
Speaker 3: I was alive the day it was a small case I on the board and Vana White was standing right there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, history, her story, herstor all of our story. All right, guys, go check out our website.
Speaker 9: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and the Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Welcome back, everybody.
Speaker 3: Alex is making preparations for the Torture ten. That is the game we have chosen to play today. If it's a game at all, to torch you, you with Yeah, to torture you, it is a game.
Speaker 1: It's a game to us.
Speaker 3: Offspring tickets will be on the chopping block with Jimmy World and New Fund Glory.
Speaker 1: What a show. Low chances of rain today, sunny skies highs of around seventy six if I may, I'm just trying to stay away from the basketball stuff. I'm trying to have some fun today. We know that everything National Championship is trending right now. Okay, do we need to get into on my watch? It's not or would you rather let's talk about Rex Manning? Ready? You did so?
Speaker 3: Several of you have sent me this. Of course oil and gas, Greg who knows everything. Eighties, nineties movie.
Speaker 1: Trivia eighties Yeah, this is.
Speaker 3: From a nineties movie called Empire Records and Rex Manning was coming to the record store and it's Rex Manning Day. This was the day he came to the record store and he turned out to be a big douche. Yeah, this is the song.
Speaker 1: Do you like Empire Records? I've seen it one time. It's a really great movie. Well call Fielders, Yes, good call on that. And he was who's that guy in Greece too? Yes, So, off the top of my head, Rex Manning Day. I don't know the dates. There's a Lindsay Lohan date where the guy turns around and asks her the date, and then there's another one, and I want to say the movie is Miss Congeniality when she talks about the best day in Spring, day and spring because it's just you can have a light jacket and it's a date.
Speaker 3: And those are those are three movies memes that are associated with dates off the top of my head, and then back to.
Speaker 1: The future, but that always people always photoshopped that, and.
Speaker 3: People photoshop the day that the kids went to Saturday Detention in Fast Times at Richemont High too, So those are dates that are always tossed around.
Speaker 1: But Happy Rex Manning Day, everybody. What else is trending?
Speaker 4: Well, things that have already been trending are continuing to trend. Tattooesday Carrie Rebel is submitted to us by listener Dusty. People would watch her checking her out at the world Famous rod Ryan showpage the buzz dot.
Speaker 1: Com and we just talked about him.
Speaker 4: Dire Wolves, dude, this is this is all people seem to be talking about this morning.
Speaker 1: Damn diar Wolves they're back. I need the problem.
Speaker 4: It's a Jurassic Park situation we're getting ourselves into.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but dire Wolves good.
Speaker 4: Three things you must see The World Famous rod Ryan Show page of the buzz dot com is that's what's trending on ninety four to five the US.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm clearing out the phone lines. Sorry if I'm hanging up on you right now, because I'm not prepared for you. What I am doing is I'm clearing them out.
Speaker 1: Like like you gotta go. Who is this? Who is this? Hi? Good morning, checking up? Good morning, Good morning? Hi? Who's this Jesus Chris? It's not time to call you? Not your time, not yet, not yet? Good morning. Yes, sir, I'm about to hang up on you. What's your name? Casey? You're trying to get on get in on the torture ten? Yes, yeah, me too, me too. All right, Casey, you gotta wait, you gotta wait. Bye, Thank you. I'm gonna keep the phones on hold. That's it. They're busy. Every phone is busy. I'm gonna keep him busy until the end of the song. So I guess you could call during Jimmy E World after the song's over.
Speaker 3: This is Chili's favorite game. He doesn't have to do anything. I will take all the calls. We will take all the calls in here live on the air. We'll go through nine of them. We'll do what we do with the nine of you, and the tenth caller.
Speaker 1: Will get the Offspring tickets. I'm not going to.
Speaker 3: Start taking calls until after Jimmy Eat World. It's two minutes and forty five seconds long. That's how soon I'm going to be back to take your calls here on ninety four to five The Buzz, ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: That was quick, huh.
Speaker 3: I told you two minutes forty five seconds.
Speaker 1: Okay, Jimmy World and I'm messing around. Okay.
Speaker 3: Now, the significance of that song is that happens to be a band that we're giving away tickets to. They're on the bill with Offspring and New Found Glory August twenty third, Woodlands Pavilion.
Speaker 1: How are we giving those tickets away today?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, buddy, Oh I've heard this in a while. You probably give me another one over here. So I think we only use this music for one thing, Torture ten. Right, we use this music for anything else? Oh? Occasionally for an announcement.
Speaker 3: You're right, yeah, it's it's it's almost been exclusive to the Torture ten game. A lot of people ask me Where do you get all these music beds from?
Speaker 1: I heard in the movie Smoking Aces. I heard this song and I'm like, oh my god, what is that? I need to use that for something. It's when Ryan Reynolds pulls the plug on the two dudes that are laying there in the hospital and he like literally pulls the plug on them and this song's playing. I'm going to unbusy all of my phone lines right now and I'm gonna start taking calls.
Speaker 3: So it could be a good thing if you're hearing a ring right now, or it could stink.
Speaker 1: Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Who's this.
Speaker 5: Hannah?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 1: Hannah? How are you doing great? Have you been calling for a while or did you just pick up the phone and call it? Rang? And I picked up and now we're talking. How did the what was your process here?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: I was calling for a minute?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, well you did get through and uh that's a spice you met born Ooh you're calling number one, Hand out of the gate, number one, Get out, get out, goodbye?
Speaker 1: And good morning rod Ryan Show. Hi, who's this? You guys sound great?
Speaker 3: I don't have chili prepping these people at all, Alex, So I'm gonna have to do this. Everyone that's calling, please turn down your radio. Jesse, you sound great, by the way. Oh, Jesse, you.
Speaker 1: Sound so good. Uh.
Speaker 3: The caller before you sounded good too, so you know you have somebody that called before you. I'm looking for caller number ten. Jesse, you sound so great that it pains me.
Speaker 1: Looser, loser, loser, all right, Jesse, your caller number two. Good morning, Rob Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, Francisco, it's so fun to say, too, Francisco, say it, Alex Frandness.
Speaker 1: It's fun, isn't it. It's so fun to say. You know what else is fun?
Speaker 3: Francisco your color number three?
Speaker 1: Good morning, Rob Ryan Show, Good morning, good morning. Who's this all right?
Speaker 13: Man?
Speaker 1: Alright? Wow, big balls? At least you got big balls your color four?
Speaker 5: Bro Oh, come on.
Speaker 1: Good morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 5: Good morning.
Speaker 1: Hi, who we got here? This is Dalton. Sometimes I tell people my name is Dalton and I'm a I'm a a bouncer of a bar.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they thought i'd be taller.
Speaker 1: Double deuce.
Speaker 3: Uh, Dalton, I'm gmmen and hell's com meuse.
Speaker 9: Sorry?
Speaker 1: Dalton? You calling number five? Good morning, Rod Ryan Show. Hey, good morning, let's go Red Wings.
Speaker 5: So I don't know.
Speaker 1: Why do you want to start out like that with me? Dude? Hopefully?
Speaker 3: Okay, well, red wing guy, we're looking for caller number ten. We're looking for caller number ten.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, not you.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's a big production for caller six. Goodbye, Good morning Rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 1: Who we got here? Miss Pedro?
Speaker 3: Hey Pedro? How's your day so far?
Speaker 5: So far?
Speaker 3: So good?
Speaker 1: I mean it'd be oh, I gotta be so cool if you want.
Speaker 3: We're looking for caller number ten right now, Caller ten is gonna be my winner of these great tickets, all right?
Speaker 1: Uh? One two three four five? Whoa god? Oh dude, no please, no dude, come on, come on hell lapp seven bros. Seven, Good morning, Rob Ryan Show. Good morning? Oh my goodness.
Speaker 3: Who is this?
Speaker 1: This is Chris? Chris?
Speaker 6: You get nothing, you lose? Good day, sir, eight, Chris, so close out, Good morning.
Speaker 5: Good morning?
Speaker 1: Hello? Who is this?
Speaker 7: This is Anna?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 1: Alex Anna sounds so nice. This is like a nice spres we bad on all day. Just give her the tickets then, one, two, three, four five five way seven eight. I did my math wrong initially, and you sound so sweet. Of course I do do you do, douch. I got a lot of the A, I got the Annah. I'm sorry, goodbye, Good morning rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hi, either say.
Speaker 1: I'm doing great. Thank you for asking. What's your name?
Speaker 8: Lorie.
Speaker 3: I just feel like I'm making people upset. That's all I'm doing today. It's like this is it, truly is the torture ten. We're torturing people today. They're trying to get through for these tickets, and I imagine you're doing the same thing.
Speaker 1: You're calling me. You want to win tickets, right, yes, sir, I'm looking for.
Speaker 3: Caller number ten. I mean, it really is just a simple thing. There's no trivia, there's no nothing involved here. You're just calling a radio show and in the hopes of being the tenth caller, with all of these phone lines ringing right now, you.
Speaker 1: Are the tenth caller. Congratulations, you made it through.
Speaker 3: Yay, you are the winner of Offspring Jimmy World Newfound Glory Tickets August twenty third, Woodlands Pavilion, Way to go.
Speaker 1: Perfect, perfect, I'm excited. Did you just call the one time? How does it work that you came on? It came out on time? Yeah?
Speaker 5: No, I was called about forty.
Speaker 3: Well, listen, whatever you did, whatever technique you use, you made it thrill and you're off to see the offspring.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, Well, thank you so much, man, Thank you so much for listening. Hang on for me, Sirvana ninety four or the Bus ninety four, the Bus Nirvana, come as you are. Rob Ryan's show, Torture ten before that. Thank you guys very much. It's fun. It's fun. We're open to a new game tomorrow if you want to play something different. We we're gonna just do Torture ten every day. Yeah, you know what, I wouldn't mind it. Can we just do Torture ten week? Can we have like Aree Hour? I mean those other radio shows they repeat their crap all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like they play the same thing like in the six o'clock hour, then they repeat at the eight No.
Speaker 1: Repeats on this show. They don't do that. They've asked me to.
Speaker 3: They're like, dude, you should really do like fresh out of bed, like do it again like elsewhere in the show.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I'm not doing that. It's like that birthday scam every hour and then you just become that one thing. But I wouldn't mind doing torture ten a little bit more. It's fine. I like it. I don't know, Maybe it's just me. I can't just sit here and do the things that I want. I can do the things that you got I want. Now. The dire Wolf is still dominating right now and trending, and it's on Three Things you Must See. We've already talked about how great Three Things.
Speaker 3: You Must See is apparently the company that's out of Dallas was on the Joe Rogan podcast. Yeah, and they were so yeah. So they were talking about the dire Wolves. They're also trying to bring back the wooly mammoth.
Speaker 1: No about this, and they made a wooly mouse mouse, Yeah, a wooly mouse. Just like, just because you can doesn't mean you need to. Now you sound like the guy on Jurassic Park, and that's exactly.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: How did it work out for them?
Speaker 3: I don't remember his exact line, but it's like, you know, you it should The question should have been if we can?
Speaker 1: The question should have been should we do this? I watched Drass Park all the time.
Speaker 3: Right and I know this, so yeah, brother Rod, the Colossal Company are the ones trying to bring back the wooly mammoth as well. They made a wooly mouse recently, and now they got the female dire wolf pop and apparently the white one is called Khalisi.
Speaker 1: I know, I'm Game of Thrones. It is a wild It's like you you can't believe it's real life.
Speaker 3: No, it's happening. Three things you must see today. It's It's a great blog page, Houston's.
Speaker 9: Rock, Houston's Alternative, and The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 3: Ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. On this Tattouesday, April eighth. Oh my, it's eight to fifty five sunny skies today. Low chances of rayan high seventy six. All right, let's get after it.
Speaker 1: You gotta talk about it one more time. At least, what are Houston's headline more times?
Speaker 4: But yes, Houston Cooks fell to Florida last night the men's National championship game. The Coops led for most of that game, but Florida took a late lead and the U of H was not able to get off a shot as time expired. The final score of the game was sixty five to sixty three in favor of the Gators, but it didn't come up short.
Speaker 1: It was still a great season for the Coup and Alex will have more in sports coming out. Yay, all right? What else?
Speaker 4: Health and Human Services Secretary Robert F. Kennedy is calling for an end to adding a fluoride to public drinking water. He praised Utah for being the first state to ban the practice and express hope that other states would follow suit. Kennedy argues that fluoride and water isn't necessary and may pose health risks. He points to a review by the National Toxicology Program which found that high levels of fluoride exposure are linked to lower IQs and children. However, it's important to note that these high levels are above what is typically found in US water systems, and more researchers needed to confirm these findings. In response to these concerns, the Environmental Protection Agency has started a new review of fluoride's health effects. A lot of malls, hotels, and airports have escalators so you don't need to bother with the stairs.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 4: China is taking that same approach when it comes to mountain climbing. Several mountains in China are having escalators added to their side.
Speaker 1: Not a joke.
Speaker 3: People with mobility issues, older people and lazy people can get to the top to see the view without actually having to hike up them.
Speaker 1: What do you call the things in the airport? Are the people movers, like the movable sidewalks moving sidewalks? Yeah, people movers? Yeah, it just scans it up. They should have the or when you like, they have those getting on and off the rides at Disney now you know what I mean? Yeah, yeah, yeah, they get the people movers bro Ikia people movers. Just you just go and you just get off when you want to get off. You don't even have to walk. Now you're just like cruising through. I can like that boom boom boom boom.
Speaker 3: When you're all over the place. Problem is these people that don't want to walk. I walk on the people mover. Yeah, but really the point is that you shouldn't have to and then you gays, you're like, got's jug ma, It's like, and just walk on the regular walkway.
Speaker 1: So is the escalator up the mountain? Now? Can you also take the steps with the escalator or do you have to just.
Speaker 4: Getting rid of the climbing part of it. You're gonna go up the steps. But right, they're all so offering an escalator option. Okay, this isn't the only way, and it's so it's a gondola style. Thinks that the gondola you have to go like point A to point B. This will allow multiple places for you to get off. I'd like to stop right here.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna you know what, I'm gonna go hang out over here for a second. You get back on and go love it.
Speaker 4: But yeah, there's no real plan where it's unclear what the plan is if these things when they break down. I mean, the plan would probably be just to walk up them like stairs, but if you're not able to do that without assistance, that would be a problem. Uh, these are gonna be interesting and it's gonna be interesting to see who else follows suit with this.
Speaker 1: We have a linkup on the world famous Rod Ryan Show blog page and you can see these things in action. Yeah, escalators going right up mountains, escalate like we're hacking mountain climbing. Basig story day.
Speaker 4: This is the probably, yeah, the biggest news story there is today. Bunny XO is back on tour. Jelly roll out the quote making some Babies is on the road to post Malone for their Big Ass Stadium tour.
Speaker 1: But now the trio is complete.
Speaker 4: Because Jelly Alliol's girl Bunny XO is back by his side. The two of them, I've talked about IVF treatments and her struggles to conceive a child of the past. They eventually chose surrogacy and they're currently going through the whole process now. Bunny did say that she planned the egg retrieval for when Jelly Roll was away touring in Canada. She said she didn't want to fight while she was on her hormone roller coase.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, So Bunny's back out on the road with Jelly Freaking News, Huge story.
Speaker 1: And some more music news.
Speaker 4: Blake any two is Mark Hoppis says that he did not find magic with Melissa Joanhart when the two of them went on a date back in the day, but that he did end up falling in love with his wife that very night. In his book Fahrenheit one a two, Hoppus details his awful date with Sabrina the Teenage Witch's actress Melissa Joan Hart more than twenty five years ago. He says that they failed to connect over dinner, so he kind of cut the date short, only to end up talking a on the phone all night with MTV booker Sky Everley.
Speaker 1: That's where the magic really happened.
Speaker 4: Hoppus and every ended up getting married in two thousand and had their son, Jack Hoppis two years later.
Speaker 3: Okay, I asked you if you were interested in the book. You said you're gonna order. Okay, already order any red flag. This guy's in one of the biggest rock alternative bands in the last twenty five years.
Speaker 1: He's a cancer survivor.
Speaker 3: Yet the story they're going with with the announcement of the book is he had a bad date with Sabrina, the teenage witch.
Speaker 1: Also, it's a weird thing to push as everyone's running with the story I saw on TV too.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of other extracts that they've talked about too, Like he uh, but he thought that all the small things music video making in front of the boy bands was gonna be the dumbest music video they put out.
Speaker 1: He was against it the entire time. He's like, boy, was I wrong?
Speaker 4: So what how he put this book together when he was going to when he was going through the cancer treatment, his doctor was like, you know what, help you get through like the process of this, why don't you journals kind of like talk about yourself, just just write down some of your thoughts. And so he kind of went back and like told the story of Blankwin Ay two through himself, Yeah, through his view while he was going through like the chemo and all of that stuff. And then after he got done, his manager was like, dude, you should put this book out. You should just you know, fill in some stuff here and there and then put the book out. And so this is kind that's kind of the cool thing about this, Like he's going through cancer when he wrote this book, and this kind of was like what helped him not.
Speaker 1: Focus on, Oh, I have cancer, Like I'm going to go journal and try and get through this.
Speaker 3: But what the publicists put out there and what you're running with, what everyone's running with is he went on a date with Clarissa explains it all, and.
Speaker 4: Then met his wife like and then and then found in love with his wife that same way. So like, yeah, a bad date turned into his wife.
Speaker 1: It's a weird, I get it.
Speaker 3: It's a weird like billboard for the book, yeah for me of his book, Fahrenheit one Ay two is out today.
Speaker 1: Okay, basketball game last night?
Speaker 5: Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 1: The Florida Gators are your national champions in college basketball.
Speaker 4: They got by U of eight sixty five to sixty three in the national championship game last night.
Speaker 1: Cool story, bro, Yeah yeah, I'm gonna sports guy too. I gotta do this all right.
Speaker 4: It's a game's third national title in college basketball in their first since two thousand and seven. Florida coach Todd Goulden becomes the second youngest coach to win a national title at thirty nine years old. In baseball, ascros felt to the Mariners last night four to three, excuse me, four to two three.
Speaker 1: They're gonna play the Mirriors again tonight.
Speaker 4: Fremer Valdez is gonna be on the mound for this Show's going up against Seattle's Luis Castillo. First pitches at eight forty and you can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in Sports.
Speaker 8: Houston, Houston's alternative and home of The Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four five, The Buzzy.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five, The Buzz Good Morning Rod Ryan Show, fourth and final hour Together, we gave away offspring tickets, Last Hour, Jimmy E.
Speaker 3: World and New Found Glory. I keep bragging on that show. I think it's awesome. What a great lineup August twenty third, Woodlands Pavilion. What a great lineup for Buzzfest. That was the first thing we gave away today on the show Buzzfest Ticket. It's May twenty fourth, Woodlands Pavilion. Something that's been added and it just started yesterday is local bands. You can now submit your live music videos of you performing. Send us the best clip you got, but it has to be a live performance clip cannot be a cover song. You performing live in front of people. Prove to us that you've got what it takes to open up Buzzfest being up. Bring on Buzzfest presented by Love Street Blog. Local Band's going to get things started for us on May twenty fourth. Jili has now added this to links and guests, but it's on the mainframe too if you log out to the buzz dot com, so all the information is there for you exactly what you need to do. What an opportunity for a local band, all right, We talked about this yesterday. Some of the local bands that have opened up in the past Lucid Illusions, Rosie.
Speaker 1: What have we said? We watched Who do we watch? With Aaron Jones, Mirror Lake. Mirror Lake. Avery was the lead singer, is the lead singer, and she's the one that had that. Her first concert ever was Buzzfest. Yep.
Speaker 3: She had a picture of standing in front of the buzz Van when she was a little kid. And then she got to be on stage and open up Buzzfest with Mirror Lake, and that was the one you write. I was on the side of the stage and I'm watching her with Aaron Jones. He's like, who's that? I go, this is local dude, and he watched the whole set. It was awesome when I told her after that, when I told the band, I go, Aaron Jones loved you.
Speaker 1: Guys, They're like, what he's aws? You don't know who's going to be seeing you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, Marilyn Manson's gonna come out of his weirdo trailer and come out and watch you. You know, you don't know, So bring on Buzzfest presented by my friends over at Love Street. Blod What an opportunity.
Speaker 1: Do do do Dode?
Speaker 3: So here's what happened Saturday. I went out, went to go see Tom Segura. Nice, very funny. He played Energy Arena. Okay, go to bed, great show, go to bed.
Speaker 1: Boom. I wake up at three o'clock Sunday morning, eyes wide open, dude, I cannot go back to bed. What I just I was out too a couple of beers, you know, three o'clock, woke up.
Speaker 3: I couldn't go back to sleep, so I just got out. I'm like, okay, that's it, just getting up. I'm just getting up. Now, I got the house to myself. Okay, that doesn't happen much ever, It never happens. It's about three point fifteen. Now I'm downstairs. I go, I'm going for it. I put on White Lotus.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'm going rogue. I'm going all on my own. Okay.
Speaker 3: Now I watched the first two seasons. The girlfriend hasn't seen any of it, so I'm like, I'm just doing this. You really got to watch the first couple of seasons of White Lotus, even though they don't go together.
Speaker 1: It helps.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying it's mandatory, but it will help you because there is some stuff that bled over from last season to this season. You won't be completely lost, nor do I know, because I haven't watched the.
Speaker 1: End of it.
Speaker 3: I got in four episodes of White Lotus Sunday morning. So from three fifteen to almost seven thirty, I got four episodes in just sitting there like a lose time, not like a loser. I had watched four episodes by seven thirty a m. On Sunday morning.
Speaker 1: It wrapped up this weekend. Apparently the only show White Lotus once a week. You gotta watch that. Yeah, you gotta watch that, sucker, like, give it to us so I can binge it. Man be such a bitch, I know, I just like it that way.
Speaker 3: The season finale of White Lotus six point two million viewers on Sunday night.
Speaker 1: It's a record for that show. It's a good number. It's more than the Women's National Championship game. I think, ooh, okay, I don't know why you brought that up, but yeah, I heard that they had four million.
Speaker 3: A lot of people watching this White Lotus. So I don't know spoilers because I haven't seen the ending yet. I'm four or five episodes. No, I think there's only seven, seven or eight. It's a great show. It is awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, even the second season. First one's amazing. Second White Lotus is the stays. They're trying to kill me. It's really good.
Speaker 3: Okay, Sniffler's moms in a couple of these. But yeah, there's a couple of characters that are from other seasons that kind of bleed over and it will help you. I recommend watching the first two seasons to get into the third one, but you know it's not mandatory, okay. And then, while I'm talking about TV, Netflix apparently everybody was bidding on a reality competition show based on the board game Monopoly, and Netflix was the winner of it, meaning they came up with the most money. Okay, so there is it's supposed to be great? Is Monopoly great? I don't know what they're going to have to do, some kind of a twist to get people. I just I know when I was a kid and I just looked it up. Monopoly is the number three top selling board game of all time. What's bigger than Monopoly? It's kind of easy.
Speaker 1: The checkers. Checkers is number two. Chess is old Chess, Okay, Chess is older.
Speaker 3: Yeah, three million still, three million units are sold yearly in the US alone, So Chess, Checkers, Monopoly at three, four board games top board games, the best selling board games of all time, thanks four.
Speaker 1: H not in the top ten, not a top ten. No, And I'm surprised you said that because you're a stickler for board games. You really wanted to be a board know that, Like my.
Speaker 3: Opinion doesn't mean that that lists opinion is going to be saying scrabble.
Speaker 1: Ah yeah, clue at five, Battleship at six. I didn't know Battleship was that popular war trivial pursuit, back Gammon, Candy Land, and I need help with this one. Rummy Cub? Yeah, that's crazy. What's Rummy Cub? They just like the oldest game. Maybe what's Rummy Cub?
Speaker 3: How was that a top ten board game of all time? More than fifty million units sold. It sold as much as candy Land. Everybody knows candy Land. I don't know what Rummy Cub is.
Speaker 1: I got into backgam a little bit during COVID.
Speaker 3: I played long time ago when I was a kid. I played all that stuff when I was a kid, even chess and Checkers.
Speaker 1: I did it all. I don't know that that was good at it, but backgamm and I used to enjoy it was fun.
Speaker 4: The thing about that with me, though, is it any board game or any like online game that I can play along with my wife. My wife just becomes a million times better than me. She can figure out any game faster than anyone I've ever met my entire life. And like I was like, well, I can't play back game with you.
Speaker 1: Just go lose it. I don't want to do this because she's wicked. Smile. She's so much smarter than I'm not like that's not that hard to be smarter than me, but like she's way smarter than me. All Right, well you know what I mean. Maybe we'll get me to play Rummy cub. I don't know what that is. I'll brand the Buzzfest. You have to look it up. Here comes the emails.
Speaker 3: Everybody knows what it is, but us Coheat and Cambrio taking back Sunday, September eighth, seven one three musical. I got a pair of tickets up for Grams called her number ten seven one three two two.
Speaker 9: An author and the Rod Ryan Morning Show six at ten am.
Speaker 1: The buzz All right, welcome back, everybody. We got to go over to the phones. Here we got some tickets to give away. Hello, Hello, Chili says I got Hope on the phone. Is this the right caller? Yes to hear it, I Hope. Hi. What are you doing?
Speaker 4: I'm sitting in my car.
Speaker 1: You're supposed to be somewhere right now.
Speaker 10: No, I got nothing to do.
Speaker 1: Are you just chilling in the car? Okay, that's cool, you're calling number ten?
Speaker 3: Hope in the car going to cohe Gambria Taking Back Sunday, September eighth, seventy three Music Hall.
Speaker 1: Awesome, Thank you, good much, Hope. Thank you for listening, Thank you for being on the show. Thanks for being a part of the family, all that stuff. It means the world to me. Thank you, love you, love you back, And I mean it when I say it. Hang on, Hope, we'll set you up with your tickets. Awesome online, Kid's Alix online, the muzz All right, what you're doing? I think you're gonna love this song well, and that makes me I'm gonna be like you. Well, that makes me want to hate it. How do you like being on the other end of that? It's not as fun. How do you like being on the receiving end of that?
Speaker 3: How do you like getting to say that to somebody though. It's fun, though is that it's.
Speaker 1: The worst thing ever the best. We want to continue just to be you. Anyways, all right, what do you got? I'm excited? Today's a well is a meeting cost calculator.
Speaker 3: So what you will be able to do here is now track how much a meeting will cost every time you have a start meeting button.
Speaker 4: So on Thursday, we need to I'll keep this, I'll bookmarket. The Wizard's like, well that truy. Just sit down to the meeting.
Speaker 1: We you can.
Speaker 4: You go and you put the yearly salary for each person you have, how many participants.
Speaker 1: Are in it?
Speaker 3: Okay, what the what the the job title and description is? You got to figure out like what your hourly rate is? Yeah, basically, so you do that, then you hit start meeting. As the meeting is going, it's like a taxi. It's just tracking it and so like it's like the national debt number, it's just rolling absolutely.
Speaker 4: So you're like you like, dude, so like that the four meetings you had in today cost me cost you X amount of dollars. I mean what like I could have been doing work this time, but we were just we were you were showing me a YouTube video.
Speaker 3: He's like, well, okay, well now uh you know, like here's our meeting. Like everybody goes around the room and then you know, Wizard says what he has to say. He's like, okay, who's ready for some numbers. It's like you could just chime. It's like, dude, we're at eight point fifty right now. Yeah, what you've cost the company? Oh man, okay, you start getting the number, we're gonna go over a k here.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, so we gotta hang. I gotta wrap this up.
Speaker 4: So if you like, maybe shorter, get some shorter meetings, show this to your boss. Make sure you're kind of tight with your boss to do that, I guess. But real time meeting cost caculator go check it out the world Finish rod Ryan showpage, thebuzz dot.
Speaker 1: Com The rod Ryan Show on ninety four five the bus ninety four or five bus. New music from Lincoln Park that's up from the bottom rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: That's going to be added to like a re release. It's a new song that wasn't on the album. If you bought the Dow album with Emily is the lead singer Emily right Emily Emily Arms.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right, so that they went up. I mean they're enjoying this ride right now. They recorded new music. Man, let me tell you, I'm here for it. That's great. I hope you're off to a great start to your day. Nine point thirty one. Thank you for joining us. Beautiful Day on Tap today, guys, awesome.
Speaker 3: I know when we got here was in the upper forties, but knowing that it was going to.
Speaker 1: Be sunny and mid seventies. Oh, I'll take that. It's a beautiful day. Awesome day. Chill.
Speaker 3: He wants you to sign up to play read my Lips tomorrow on the show. Before we out of here, we will draw a name and that person will be the one that comes down Thursday to play Read my Lips. And it's Alex's turn. Alex is up. You will play him last year's champion who lost two weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just mentioning that, you know, just mentioning.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean it's not like you came in and didn't mention that the coops, the men's basketball team didn't lose.
Speaker 1: You had to mention that, right, Yeah, it had to be mentioned. So two weeks ago you lost it read my lips had to be.
Speaker 5: Mentioned that.
Speaker 1: All right, sports guy, can you put your sports could you put your sports head on? Okay? Always my my question today, what I'm curious about is yelling. Okay, yelling, all right, yelling. It's a pretty good topic. Uh. That's being that's going.
Speaker 3: Around online that I kind of looked at and it got me thinking, I know the answer, I think to all of these, but I.
Speaker 1: Want that you're the guy. You're the sports guy in the show Professional all the way up to the pros. Now, do football players get yelled at? Yes? From Little League Pee Wee, Pop Warner.
Speaker 13: Through coaches by coaches, by coaches by coaches, through high school college at the most elite level, and up to the pros.
Speaker 1: When you're in the NFL, you're probably still gonna get yelled at by your coach. You'll just get paid to get yell.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, but you think you should get yelled at more if you're a professional, you're a millionaire. Now, they still yell in the NFL, coaches yell at the players.
Speaker 1: I think it's it's been kind more of like a players coach thing right now. I think it's still happens in hockey from the elite. The best league in the world is the NHL. They come from all over the world. Do the coaches yell at the players? Yes, they get yelled at in hockey. Yes, okay, yeah, I know this to be true.
Speaker 4: The Red Wings fired their coach and were doing they were at the bottom of the league, and they had a new guy come in, and I remember they had a video he would just go do your jobs, play fing hockey and yelled at him and then won eight straight right after that, And so okay, now that definitely happens.
Speaker 1: Do managers in baseball do they yell at the players? I know they yell at the umps, But do baseball players get yelled at? I think they do. I just think it's probably less. You think Dusty Baker ever yelled at?
Speaker 3: Not everybody, Okay, Dusty probably just like made you feel small, Like he's like, what you saw that, right?
Speaker 1: You strikeout four times in a game, Golden some brow. I'm gonna disagree with you.
Speaker 3: I don't think baseball players get yelled at pro I don't think pro baseball players get yelled at.
Speaker 1: I don't think anymore. I guess, yeah, he's older, he's an older guy.
Speaker 3: But in this day and age, do louse panel, do you think baseball players get yelled at?
Speaker 1: I think they do.
Speaker 3: I think it's way less than other sports. Okay, well that okay, so I'll bring up the Big Four. The basketball players get yelled at. Absolutely they do.
Speaker 1: Okay, I didn't know that. I didn't know that. Beasketball at college level, yes, pros, Yes, they still get yelled at. You can't yell at James Harden. He's not going to react to that. Emadoka still yells sometimes. Okay.
Speaker 3: So there's a couple of coaches that's still yell.
Speaker 1: There's still guys that do all right. But that's kind of what makes it special. Like you see a guy getting shoot aut and oh that got what did he do? Yeah? No, I'm here for it. I think it's a good thing. But I say you should always yell, but like sometimes it's like, what are you doing? I was raised in a yelling culture. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Now someone was asking what are the top jobs that require a high tolerance for being yelled at? There are jobs today that people are going to work and they're still yelling. That's happening, okay. Number one answer customers, customer service rass. Okay, Well, yeah, the customer service. If you work at especially if you work at a call center, you're gonna get yelled at it work.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Teachers, they get yelled at by kids, yea, and parents. Parents yell at teachers. I think they do.
Speaker 3: I guess number one of them is probably should have been military. I mean being yelled at is expected, right, I mean like just just basic.
Speaker 1: Training for all of them, just trying to break you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they just don't want you to think for yourself. They just want you to follow orders. And they tried, like you said, they could try to break you. Military yelling, kitchen kitchen watching. Watch any episode of the Bear, Watch any episode of the Bear.
Speaker 1: And that's like not even like f you, It's like I need this, now, give me that thing now. It was the best.
Speaker 3: And the thing about yelling, the thing about being yelled at, and thing about yelling at people in the restaurant. I don't know if it was just we were younger, or it was a different day and age. I don't know what it's like now. I haven't worked in a restaurant in a long time. We all went out afterwards, all of us. The person that did the yelling the person that got yelled at. We all went out and drank and got s faced, and it's like it just you went out. It's just like that was about the game. It's like, Wow, it was crazy today, huh, Wow, we were busy. Wow, we were really in the weeds tonight.
Speaker 1: But everybody was yelling at everybody. But you still went out together and there was no heart feelings and you just did it all again the next day. Yeah. I don't know another job that like, you yell at somebody here, but they're not going to talk to you for the rest of your career.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And in the restaurant business, you had a short memory. And I don't know if it's still like that, but it was.
Speaker 1: It was absolutely like that.
Speaker 3: Social workers they say pharmacists, I mean I think health related healthcare workers.
Speaker 1: I think they get yelled at.
Speaker 3: Emotions run high in these crisis especially when it's medical stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cops get yelled at. Absolutely.
Speaker 3: I don't know how to put up with the mouths on the people on those When I see I'm like, I'm a yes sir, no sir, yes, ma'am. No man, God with the cops, and cops get yelled at and they got to stay calm and professional through it all.
Speaker 1: I don't know how you do it, Thank god you do. Gate agents for airlines on the list they get they get yelled at like it's not their playing right, they didn't make you late, I know. And then social workers on the lists. I don't know. I see that.
Speaker 3: Does your job require a high tolerance for being yelled at?
Speaker 1: It is your job. Not on that list? Are you getting yelled at? There's a lot of jobs that you don't get yelled at, and you'll still make pretty good money. But there's some jobs out there that people it's still I didn't know basketball players, to be honest with you, I haven't seen a basketball player get balled out in the years human far between.
Speaker 3: But you football every day that coaches yelling it plays and in hockey too, m that is yeah, baseball and basketball it's a little different, for sure.
Speaker 1: There's Breaking Benjamin and Never Again ninety.
Speaker 2: Four or five and Buys Buzz Branking Benjamin, Never Again, Rod Ryan's show We're Not Done Yet, Chilling?
Speaker 1: Did you move?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 1: The Bring On Buzzfest presented by Love Street Blonde, did you?
Speaker 3: I mean?
Speaker 1: I know it's already at the buzz dot com. Did you make it easy for everybody? Is it at links and guests?
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's the first Lincoln Lincoln, well, actually the second because right now aol alex Online is number one. The number two is bring on buzz Fist.
Speaker 1: Only one link today has been called the tits. Where's three things that you must see?
Speaker 3: All the links are the tits, some guys said an email earlier this morning.
Speaker 1: It's still I'd be laughing, he said, he loves three things you must see. I mean every time I say that word, I get slammed. So that's why i'd never say we stop saying in front of your wife, I say it awesome. I mean I just happen to walk up to a girl and be like, hey, those are the bleeds and then get slammed. All right, lots of links for you today, and then how we doing? You got people signing up to play read my lips?
Speaker 8: You know what?
Speaker 11: I have not checked on that because I've been busy, but you know what I'm checking right now.
Speaker 1: And hey, there is a couple of people. All you little enchiladas and infinadas out there, need you all to sign up. Yeah, there's there's some people signing up. All right, I need just some other covered.
Speaker 3: I need you all to sign up, play play read my lips all right Tomorrow on the show, Thank you Chilling Tomorrow on the show is one. We're gonna draw a name and then we'll invite that person to come down and join us on Thursday.
Speaker 1: Take on, Alex, Now, I got it's cool.
Speaker 3: I love talking about the Pixies yesterday, Uh Pixies and Spoon toickets white Oak Music Hall.
Speaker 1: I got tickets for you on No. The Show. Alex is gonna work on a question and we'll be back before you know it.
Speaker 9: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and the Rod Ryan Morning Shows.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five buzz Like I said we would be back soon. Didn't even though we were going, did Joe?
Speaker 3: Welcome back everybody. This is your Rod Ryan Show, and this is the last segment. It's no the Show. This is where we leave you with some parting gifts. That's the no the Show music.
Speaker 1: The parting gifts today are concert tickets to the Pixies, Spoon. Let make sure I'm saying this right.
Speaker 3: Phaser Days tickets on September sixth, white Oak Music Hall. Tickets around sale now ticketmaster dot com, but you can get them through Alex.
Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 4: Hello, Hi, Hi, What extinct animals did they bring back? That I think is a little concerning.
Speaker 1: I don't agree with you on much this I do. Good you finally see in the way seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 3: If you know the show, we are worldwide everywhere you listen, little wide telling you were smart device to play ninety four five The Buzz on Iard ninety four or five, The buzz, don't Tumble pilots and wicked Garden.
Speaker 1: Good morning, rod Ryan Shall. All right, let's go. Let's get right after it. Let's go right into your little segment here, Alex. He's now time for I Know the Show on ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 6: La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 1: La, Good morning, la la la Good Lord. Hello is Sean. Hello, it's shirt Hi Sean. How are you doing great?
Speaker 3: How about show?
Speaker 1: Awesome?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 1: Can I ask what you do for a living? What line of work you're in? Yes, sir, I'm a plumber.
Speaker 4: Do you it?
Speaker 1: Yelled at at work all the time?
Speaker 3: No, wait a minute, from like management or from customers or both a little bit of both.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like you just got balled out by a customer before. Oh yeah, did you want to take that monkey wrench and hit him up on the side of the head. All right, let's see how we can get you some tickets here, Sean.
Speaker 3: Like this is Sean, Sean? What animal did they bring back from extinction? They could be a problem according to us. Yes, what do you think should we bring be bringing back these things?
Speaker 1: Sean? I think it's in the past.
Speaker 3: It should be.
Speaker 1: It should be there for a reason, you know. Yeah, I think they went extinct for a reason. We didn't need them or something. I don't know. I think God's got some sort of plan so he didn't want us roaming around with dire wolves, you know. I think that that's what happened here. You know, what are we gonna do? Bring back Begal Don's Oh please, don't come on? Why not? Megga Don's need love to dude?
Speaker 8: Not now?
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, I'm gonna give you Pixie Spoon tickets, Sean. Congratulations. White Oak Music Hall, September sixth, All right, get there, all right, dude, have an awesome, awesome dang Sean. Hopefully nobody yells at you.
Speaker 4: Yep, you get there, you as well.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Thank you, bro, thank you.
Speaker 3: I'll be yelling at your plumber please sing, okay, i'ndoing that clog yourself.
Speaker 1: Oh yell at him. Gods sakes, you're the one that clogged up the toilet. Stop throwing those wet naps down there or whatever you're doing. Whim all right. The Paternity Paul win. He did, okay, Robert fresh out of bed head to head challenge at six twenty Paternity Paul is gonna go for win number three tomorrow morning. We played this little silly game at six twenty.
Speaker 3: Every day it's the fresh out of bed heads your head.
Speaker 1: Let's get some fresh fish in here. Let's get some brand new play.
Speaker 6: Come on.
Speaker 3: One girl emailed me today. She said, Rod, I am the biggest Hives fan ever.
Speaker 1: I didn't know they were coming. I heard it on your show. Same for both of us. Were like, Hives are coming. We heard it on the show too. She's like, please tell me when you're giving away those tickets again.
Speaker 3: Seven twenty on the Wildcard Wednesday show, will we play a game?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: You could suggest the game. We'll do something for those tickets. But yeah, the Hive tickets. Tomorrow at seven to twenty we'll continue giving away Offspring tickets and Coheed tickets and more Pixie Spoon tickets.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 3: And then tomorrow's the day that we will pull a name for read my lips.
Speaker 1: Now, Tomorrow we gotta kind of get out of here early, and I got you gotta get you, got you get your work done because we get the golf tournament tomorrow. Yeah, beautiful day too tomorrow. Oh the weather is so perfect, so you know, we'll get the show. We'll do a regular show, but then we got to get out of here. That's it. Guys. Jeremy is up next non.
Speaker 3: Stop noon or pick your ticket gets with him in the one o'clock hour, and then local bands your opportunity to bring on Buzzfest. Thanks to our friends over at Love Street Blonde, we can sign up now on links and guests truly made it real easy for you to find that.
Speaker 1: All right, have an awesome day. We're on a twenty hour break. Hey, m well, wasn't that fun? If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com