Speaker 1: What's new with Medas? What's up everybody, and welcome to another edition of What Dupod? I Am Medas. I'm joined by port Aka Brett. He's an audio expert and syndication expert with The Woody Show Morning show that you can hear across the United States and around the world on the Woody Show Podcast. We are joined by nobody today. I guess, I don't know. We'll see if people will jump on. But Tyler had to work, Randy got called into a meeting last minute. Eric. I think he's a my a. I mean, they just released the whole schedule for the NFL, so I'm sure he's super busy.
Speaker 2: He's recovering from the schedule. I've talked to him in a minutely the last couple of days, so he is still with us. He's still alive. He survived, all right.
Speaker 1: Good Julian and Julianne. I know she is in between doing stuff for work as well. So we're here. We're just gonna do a quick pod and if people jump on, they jump on. But I am last minute, believe it or not. To Las Vegas, Nevada. Now, I said last podcast, my friends were trying to get me to go to DC. Right, So this is what happened. I talked to my friends about you see, I told him I go, look, I want to go, but I don't want to pay for a hotel or flight or anything like that. So my buddy tagged me in this Instagram contest for a company called Catch Transportation. Okay, okay, and I just entered it. Okay, whatever, Well guess who ends up winning the contest? Your boy right here? So uh yeah, I guess I'm going to DC last minute Congress.
Speaker 2: All right, No, so exciting.
Speaker 1: All the contests, I all the raffles that I do that you and I do. I finally want a contest what And they're like, oh, dude, totally got to be rigged. No, not rigged, because they did an Instagram live and they use like a random randomizer, a randomizer and you get to see my face pop up live. I got a recording of it. Oh that's cool and says menace, You're the winner. So that was super fun to see. And yeah, now I get to go to d C with my friends and it should be fun. So if you're gonna be at EDC, you're probably already there and you're not gonna hear this podcast until Monday when you're super hungover. But if you're at DC and I saw you, I'm happy that I saw you in Vegas for that. I think this is my fourth EDC really yeah, so it should be fun.
Speaker 2: And we've discovered that Eric has been to more EDC's than you or less.
Speaker 1: Ah that I don't know, but I'm I'm assuming. But he's like done all this stuff like DC Hardfest, right, He's done like all these electronic festivals. So he is definitely a veteran when it comes to this kind of stuff. But that's what's happening this weekend. Make sure to put it down though you want to hang out with all of us from The Woody Show. We're gonna be at Morongo case See Resort and Spa That is gonna be June twenty first, twenty one and up it's gonna be the Woody Show prom and DJ Scotty Fox is gonna be there. We're gonna have a cover band called the Spasmatics. They're gonna be performing as well. They're gonna be doing covering all the hits. And I know that we're gonna have prizes for sure because I was just talking to the prize department, and again it's free twenty one and up. Come hang out with us at Morago Casino Resort and Spa.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited to see Scotti Fox.
Speaker 1: I am as well. Now my schedule of what we're gonna talk about is all messed up since no one's here.
Speaker 2: I say, is there anything I can actually comments on?
Speaker 1: Or no sports?
Speaker 2: Sports?
Speaker 1: Well, I did text you about something. Now I was gonna talk about this. I need help and then we'll get to the part where it all ties together. Okay, I need help. If there's anybody that listens to this podcast works in the movie industry, artists, know somebody that works out a movie theater artists know somebody that knows somebody. I just need information, Okay. The information that I need is is there gonna be any pre screenings of the F one movie? All right? Because I'm a little bit in a pickle. Here's the problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the F.
Speaker 1: One movie comes out June twenty sixth. Okay, okay, June twenty sixth, I leave for Europe. Okay, So I know there's a couple of screenings on the twenty fifth at some movie theaters already sold out. Ooh right, Is there any screenings that you know of in the Los Angeles Orange County area that are happening maybe before the twenty fifth, or maybe there's a theater that you know has a ticket or something an event that you hear about where they're gonna be showing this movie. Please reach out to me. There's a contact on my Instagram. Don't try to DM me because I have too many dms and I don't read them. I apologize. But on my contact at Menace there's an email. Shoot me email, say hey, I heard about the screen that's happening. You don't even have to get me in. Just tell me that it's happening, and then I'll go through the channels and try to like get be part of this screening. All right now, this is where our worlds collide. Brett. Yes, a lot of music happens during F one races and at the beginning of October, and I wish I could be there because it's a place that I've been wanting to go to for a very long time. Singapore is happening the first weekend of October and performing at F one Singapore Baby Metal. Okay, so I'm gonna reveal something to you, Brett. You have been talking about baby Metal for many years now.
Speaker 2: This is gonna hurt me.
Speaker 1: I've never seen what they look like and shell. I thought baby Metal looked like something like Guar or something from the name of the band. I thought they would look like Slipknot or Gwar. Okay, I had no idea that they kind of looked like a K pop group.
Speaker 2: That's what I've been trying to tell you for all these years. Is jpop with death metal?
Speaker 1: Yes, but what do you think death metal think of the visuals that you think of when it comes to Yeah.
Speaker 2: The backing band, they're the death Metal part. The three girls there, baby Metal bar Yes, they're the jbar Kawhi part. Yes.
Speaker 1: Yes, I did not know until I saw the f one flyer. I'm like, wait a minute, that's what baby Metal looks like.
Speaker 2: You know how many videos I've shared. Nobody else outside listening right now has any idea how many videos I've shared, how many pictures I've shared now because it's best doesn't even look at my stuff.
Speaker 1: But no, dude, but I thought when you showed me the baby Metal stuff, it was like anime or something like that.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, it's what they look like.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean sometimes they have artwork for T shirts that are anime, but like, no, that's that's legitimately them and they've done this since they were like preteens. I didn't listen to them back then, but this is them in their what mid twenties now mid to late twenties.
Speaker 1: While I apologize, I did not know that they look like that, but our worlds are coming together. And did you see in the in the chat group that I finished another F one Lego car?
Speaker 2: I did the McLaren I did. I'm not gonna lie. I actually look in the Lego section out to see if there's a new F one car for you.
Speaker 1: Oh, there's many, So I think the next one I want to move on to is the Ferrari. Again, these are the twenty five dollars ones, not the two hundred and twenty five dollars ones.
Speaker 2: Not the ones that Tyler's is saying that we should make.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then I think I might move on to the Mercedes after that, and then maybe the Kick and then there's another Red Bull car, and after that there's the Hoss car. I might just do them all and then there's the Williams.
Speaker 2: I don't know, have you found something to display them in yet? Like, yeah, because.
Speaker 1: Funny you say that because I was looking at Ikia. Yes, but I kind of want to display them like right where I sit on the show, right, but not like where everybody can see it, just so I can see it, so I can see the happiness that it brings me. I think you.
Speaker 2: Should do both. I think you should have some here to display for your happiness. You should have some at home. You know, our friends at DISO actually have car sized display boxes.
Speaker 1: They do and like hot wheeled car size are like leg like.
Speaker 2: Lego car sized. Oh crap, I'll go look for you. Because also our friends at DISO has these cool Gundam sized like display holders that actually look like the things in the anime that hold the Gundams up and they're only like three dollars seats and we need you know. I love this. I really do love this. See there's two things that have made me very happy lately on the show. One Woodi's new hobby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love.
Speaker 2: Over the moon. Happy to see him have something that gives him some joy and passion outside of the show, because I know he has a lot of joy and passion for this place. But that has made me so happy to see in him and to see you embraces because remember we had a conversation outside of Frankinson's when we went to go meet Fluffy or see Fluffy one time, and I said, what would you like to collect if you could collect anything, and you mentioned the cars that you have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they'll call record breakers and yeah, there were like little race cars in the eighties that had tracks on him and you could.
Speaker 2: Build them and customize.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And so to see that same excitement that you mentioned back then about the record breakers with the legos, now it's on sun It makes me so happy. It's on Tyler's excitement over legos a little less excited for him, But this this is kind of dude.
Speaker 1: This stuff's cool to work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this Jurassic Park lego sets or whatever, but it's.
Speaker 1: Uh, yeah, the woody thing with him and the aviation stuff is super cool. And if you did not catch the show today, he purchased a plane. So this guy is gonna be flying all the time. So that's really cool. But it's cool to talk to him about it because one, I've loved aviation, not you know I'm not a hardcore as him, but I've like I pay attention to all this stuff, like the airplane that he's buying. I've told him about it.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, I remember he had mentioned that that you guys talk about it.
Speaker 1: And I go, dude, gotta check out this plane. Fun fact, I've first heard about these type of planes from not that I you know, talked to her personally, but just in the news was Angelina Jolie. Really she is a pilot and she got one of these. If you don't know the plane that he got, it has a parachute on it, right, so she was like the first one talking about It's kind of crazy. But just to talk to like all the things that he can do, like all the things that he can customize, it's really cool to talk to him about. So it's fun to see him. Yeah, have a hobby other than us always talking about work all the time, and I mean we have an incredibly fun job, don't get me wrong. Other discussions outside of that is awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, what was it we had our meetup? Where were we were? Not Marietta? The last meetup wed? Why can I not remember the name of the place.
Speaker 1: U Kaipa.
Speaker 2: Right, So we were in u Kaipa at the Raising Canes and I got to talk to a couple listeners about music, about metal and slipping on and stuff, stuff I don't normally get to talk about. Yeah, we play music, and I could talk about you know, Green Day and other punk bands and stuff, but I'm like, I never got to talk about metal. But to hear. I asked Woody the other day, I said, do you still get the same level of excitement going up in that plane right now that you did the first time? And he said yeah. I'm like that's good. Yeah, that's amazing. That's so great. Man. Like, and I know somebody's gonna be like, oh, you guys are just being nice. I'm like, no, Like, I'm genuinely excited.
Speaker 1: I'm super excited because I shared this conversation that him and I had the other day too. Because you know, we're going on this cruise, right and I have to take my dog somewhere, and I have to take my dogs to a place that I trust, which is family. But they happened to be seven hours away in a car ride, right, So I was telling like, oh, yeah, I gotta go because we're coordinating because we have to go to Dallas, then we have to go to Vancouver, all that kind of stuff. And I said, yeah, man, I got to make a seven hour car ride real quick and drop off my dogs before I head out to Dallas. And he goes, dude, just think when I have my pilot's license, we can just fly over there and be there an hour and we can drop off the dogs. I'm like, that's pretty cool. That's amazing. That rules hell yeah, And I was like, yeah, there's this awesome airport that I know you can fly into, and there's a diner that I've been going there my whole life and it's delicious, super fun stuff. And then there's also halfway between there is a place that I love and I shout it out on this podcast called Harris Ranch, and they have a little airport right there too. I'll like, we can be there in like twenty minutes and get some steaks. I know you don't support it more, but we can get there. We can be there and get some steaks. A rule. They have cheesebread. They have cheese bread, cheese bread. Yes. Yeah, it's awesome.
Speaker 2: So really good to see people have new fun things to be excited about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's the new fun thing that you think you're excited about.
Speaker 2: The new high thing for me is to reevaluate what I have and to focus in on key things. So I have my three and three quarters Star Wars figure collection, like the same that was from the seventies, right, Like, I still focus on getting that. I've been going to resale shops menace. So where I live now, there's a lot of resale shops that have nineties Pokemon figures. Oh they have.
Speaker 1: That's a drug. Oh oh.
Speaker 2: I spent thirty something dollars the other day because somebody was had sold all their nineties Pokemon figures. I'm like, dude, I need this one. I need that one. Of course they're impacts and bundles with other ones I didn't need, but I still needed the ones that were in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So collecting those Star Wars figures and Gunda models, I like you go like you and the legos. I like building model kits. I get a lot of fun and enjoyment, peace of mind and stuff.
Speaker 1: You're really not thinking about anything else when you're doing it.
Speaker 2: No, you're just zoning in and just having a good time. But like I feel like, I need to clarify this because of the show today. There was a moment where, you know what, he had said, Hey, I moved, and I'm doing better with where I moved, right, Yeah, And I'm away from the bad things that I was living around, which nobody's gonna know how bad it was, you do, You know, to an extent, it takes so much to decompress because at a certain point, dealing with a lot of frustrations here at the studio and dealing with frustrations at home every single day, and dealing with frustrations and other avenues of life constantly surrounding me kind of broke me a bit to the point where I don't feel I think and speak right. For the last six months, I didn't sleep right, I couldn't really do anything. But I'm spending a lot of time reevaluating everything in life right now, Like, what is that I really do want to enjoy?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What is that I want to so? Like my new hobby, if you can expect this, is to go outside in my neighborhood at night where it is freaking quiet as hell. And by the way, I live in an area where there's parties all the time.
Speaker 1: Hm.
Speaker 2: It's quite as hell, and I can see the stars.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: And I just look at the stars and I just relax and I enjoy and I sleep and I wake up and I watch anime.
Speaker 1: I do have.
Speaker 2: Crunchy Roll on my phone and I watch a bunch of anime on there. But that's my new thing.
Speaker 1: I was a co host on the Sex with Dum podcast for thirteen years, right yeah, and people would get in their funk of like I can never find anybody to go on a day with. And then one question is do you ever change your environment? Do you do the same thing every single day? Do you go to different places or do you just do the same routine? Right, yeah, And we guaranteed if you change your environment, good things are gonna happen. If you're in a funk and you're gonna stay in the same place, guess what, You're gonna stay in that funk, and when you recognize that and you change it up, good things will happen for you. So I'm happy to hear that you're doing much better and you're collecting a lot more and getting rid of a couple of things too. I started, yeah, getting rid of some stuff too. I'm like, I don't need this. I don't need all these shoes. I can donate these. Yeah, it just gives me an excuse to get more.
Speaker 2: But that's what we've said, you know, for things to come in, thing's gotta go out. But yeah, I mean we've had like the Hyena horror market we've done. We've sold some stuff there. So yeah, you're you're one thousand percent right on that.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. All right. Well, what was the one other thing I was gonna bring? Oh yeah, so the cruise. Tyler's coming on the cruise with me. Did you see in the group chat what happened? They rejected his photo? Was that shit?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, I thought you were joking up just because it was too blurry. Because dude, this guy, for one, you have to take a profile photo, right so people know who's on the ship. He takes a blurry photo. Second, his the picture that he takes of his passport, his bassbort looks like a little postage stamp, like, dude, zoom in. I'm like, dude, it's all background. Where's the passport? Anyways, Again, I'm putting torture on myself living with this guy for a week.
Speaker 2: I asked that last week couple like, do you know what you're doing to yourself?
Speaker 1: Are you gonna be okay by the end of this? Yeah, I'll be fine. It gives us more stories.
Speaker 2: I mean, since he's not going on the cruise we almost had. Can I say this? We almost had a Safari Boys at Sea.
Speaker 1: I would have loved it.
Speaker 2: It was so close. I was all about it, but I don't think it would have worked out because Randy would have gone in trouble anyways, for trying to smuggle Pokemon cards.
Speaker 1: Do they care about Pokemon cards as much in Canada as they do in the rest of the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they do because they're more expensive in Canada. Everything is way okay, and Action Figure here is twenty bucks in Canada's twenty eight bucks. Oh they care. By the way, for anyone to listen to the last episode, Randy is he's going all in on this Pokemon card thing.
Speaker 1: He's lying, of course, in baseball cards are Yeah.
Speaker 2: He did get what autograph card? He texted us that.
Speaker 1: He's like, oh, I got my first autograph card, look at me.
Speaker 2: Its probably for somebody not that important though, I just.
Speaker 1: Got a backage I don't know who was from. But the company is called the wild Side of Sports out of South Carolina. Apparently they have another location in Columbus, Ohio, but they just send me these little action figures of jose Canseco. Oh that's pretty awesome. That's my favorite player from back in the day. So thank you whoever sent that over. I'm sure you'll send an email or again, don't send me a DM because I barely ever read those, like once in a while. Okay, Oh, here's here's a fun story I never shared before, or maybe I did, but just a reminder. So I never checked my dms, right, And do you know who's somebody that never checks their dms? And they'll do something I'll do so maybe once every couple of years, I'll I'll look through them. Years ago, I DMD Fred Durst of Limp Biscuits really because Woody was on a kick, like, oh I would love to get Limp biscuit. That's for uh for the WOODI sho. So I DM him and then I get a reply back on Christmas morning from Fred Durst like, oh, hey, what's up man? Sorry, we haven't been really doing anything. Apologize this was three years later, but thank you for reaching out. What three years later. That's crazy. Now they're doing these massive tours. Yeah, it was. It was wild, all right. I gotta get ready and back because this is the last minute trip to Las Vegas to EDC Music Festival. Check out my social media at mens m E. N Ace. I'll give you a little behind the scenes of what's happening in Vegas and thank you again for listening to this podcast already to make it super short, but make sure to hang out with us June twenty first, that's gonna be at Marongo Casino Resort and Spa.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Also check out our boy Joe Koy jokoy dot com. He is doing a massive show with our other friend Gabor Iglesias, who I was this morning because I did an interview with Gabriel Gracius. I'm like, what is your go to spot? And he said, dude, one of my go to spots is the Capitol Grill. Believe it or not, there's only one Capitol Grill in California. It's in Costa Mesa, extremely far from where we're standing right now. On June twenty ninth, Capitol Grill is opening in the building right next to ours. Yes, yeah, so I said dude, next time you're here, we're going to the Capitol Grill.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, is that empty spot right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? It used to be Claim Jumper. Right now it's Capitol Grill, the Capitol Grill.
Speaker 2: That's gonna rule.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh downside that means I can't get you to come down to Coasta Mesa.
Speaker 1: No, No, it's right there. I could walk to it. Anyways. They have a big show together Sofi Stadium next year March twenty. Get all the details on their websites Jocoi dot com again or fluffy guy dot com and of course see where they're gonna be at next touring everywhere it gets some blankets blankets by Tracy. Just google blankets by Tracy And what's happening at Shassa Jean's boutique.
Speaker 2: Bort Oh well, Menes, I don't know if you know this, but certain fabric stores are going out business, which means we are getting limited edition OO Fabrics to make limited edition crystal ball sacks whether it's hot or cold, especially when a time, because you don't want to have a crystal ball catch a cause of fire in your house. You need to protected with a nice beautiful volor sec loads of different colors, loads of different styles and sizes. Shassiges boutique dot com, twous because spooky, or hit the link in my link tree at Saint Bord on Instagram.
Speaker 1: Do it. Also shout out to Bert Kreischer Bert Bert Burt dot com, thank you for letting me hang out during the Two Bears five k. Also, Tom Segura, his better half, has a new TV show out right now on Netflix. I love it so much. It's called Bad Thoughts. It might not be for everybody. The comedy X rated really so I will tell you this that they've been doing some interviews about Bad Thoughts and some Netflix executives couldn't even sit through the scenes. They had to walk out while the previewing this.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that's good if they walked out Bad Thoughts Netflix.
Speaker 1: If you're into dark comedy, over the top comedy, stuff that might gross you out, check it out on Netflix. So good. Check out the sex Me podcast. Check out our Friends Man Kim there our band, stream them wherever you find music, and listen to the Mothership The Woody Show Monday through Friday on the iHeartRadio app. Brett, do you have anything to say before we leave?
Speaker 2: Yeah. If anyone has a good idea of what to get a one year old for their birthday, let me know on Instagram at Saint Port. You can send me a DM. I will respond unless it goes through a the request area. But I am trying to find the perfect present for air baby Boy for his first birthday too, which, by the way, spoilers. I am the only one from the podcasting that sucks.
Speaker 1: I know, I feel so bad. Right before our trip, what's excuse?
Speaker 2: Okay, you he gave me some excuse about some family member with something or other and I'm like, bowl, you're totally going Wait.
Speaker 1: That's the same time we're leaving for the trip. Yeah that He says he can't go on because of work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, he says, is he full of crap?
Speaker 1: Have you met him? Yeah? True, but I had What is it, dude? Is it a family thing or is it work? Because he said he was going out of town for work.
Speaker 2: He says he probably has both. I don't know. You know him, he always has some weird egg gol or subs. But I have to be nice to him. So actually, here's my real final thing. Okay, I have to apologize for the last podcast all right, apologize for being so mean to Randy, and I have to apologize saying that he always ghoest me, even though he does ninety nine percent of time. He has come through for me when I really needed him, and he has helped me out even though I did pay him for it. He is a good brother, comes through for me. And he did buy me a pack of Pokemon cards in the last week.
Speaker 1: Wow, which he says he didn't own any right.
Speaker 2: He said he bought two packs. What was for me? Now, here's the thing, here's the thing. What I don't know what I'm getting it too. He sent me a picture of it, almost kind of like waiting to see if I'd say, oh, hey, man, I just opened it for me. Tell me if he was.
Speaker 1: I Yeah, he wants to open that pack so bad. Uh huh damn. So, how many of the bus is he up to now? Like we said last podcast, the Boo Boo is Randy cocaine for sure.
Speaker 2: He is looking at all those PopMart pop ups, man, like any of them that are in the malls he's looking at. I think I think he has at least four by now, because I'm seeing a lot more people get at least one, dude, the bubos can't exist in the world and Randy not have one.
Speaker 1: It's impossible, impossible, all right, but they thank you. Sorry for the short podcast, but we're just trying to keep this going for you and next week in podcasts and then we're gonna try to figure out a podcast at sea that'll be awesome.
Speaker 2: Well, you'll have technical producer Dubass Tyler. Have you tea with you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, heavy t it t with me? All right, we'll see you next week. What's new with Menace