Speaker 1: I've got the Colorado share person of the GOP, Britta Horn on the phone with me on the horn with me, as we say, Britta, and we've got some big news. When is the assembly happening and where?
Speaker 2: Britta csu Pludlow April tenth and eleven, Friday and Saturday, all in one location. We are so darn excited about it.
Speaker 1: So what is there? Let's let's talk like we're only talking to transplants who just moved here and have no idea about our political system. What is the State Assembly? And why do we have it?
Speaker 2: So? Obviously because it's state statue, so both sides have it, and it's saying that you have come a assembly. Whether in person or online, we choose to do online to see each other because we like family and we like interacting. We like the relationships community, we like being a part of each other looking at each other face to face. So at the State Assembly it will be.
Speaker 1: Well, wait, Britta, wait, stop staying now. Wait yeah, I can hear you now as you said the state Assembly and then and then he dropped out Assembly.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna try to find a better spot. I'm driving up a help. State Assembly will be where don't we decide who's going to be, you know, for our candidates or Republicans, And we have so many to have, you know, especially with the governors and then some others. We have some single feats right now because that could change as well, but we're making sure that somebody gets at least thirty percent from that body of people to be on the primary ballot to win on June thirtieth, to be our single candidate for governor all the way down all the different seats and then out of host district seats, the Senate district seats, Judicial district seats, all the seats.
Speaker 1: So now you just said a single candidate. So people, what's the situation with people petitioning on.
Speaker 2: Well, I can still petition on absolutely, but I'm not talking just governor. So right now, one person for ad right now. He just announced yesterday, right.
Speaker 1: And I have I have seen I have DA Michael Allen coming on the show tomorrow to talk about that. So that an attorney general's race is going to be critical, especially if Jennet Griswold manages to get that nomination. I just I think Democrats have to be smarter than that. But I don't know so we got to get get that attorney general candidate going. Now, Britten, let me ask you, how are the how are the ballots going to be counted? This has been a very contentious issue lately. I mean, I'm sure that you guys are already working to make this a very smooth running assembly.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, So I have our assembly group. We're sumbling it right now and getting together making sure we get all the numbers, all the ballots. Of course we want to do paper ballots to that I don't I don't see another the other way to do it. So I'm wear to do a paper ballots or whatever, just like we do in our state Central Committee meetings, and we'll make sure everybody turns them in different colors again to be clear, you know all the things. So I think that's best for all of us. But it's going to be a long.
Speaker 1: Day for sure, Yeah, I would imagine. So there's a lot on deck. How do people get to participate in the state assemblies? Again, talking to those new on transplants, So go to.
Speaker 2: Their county party the couch. You may be Republicans, you got to be a Republican, go to go to your county assembly. You gotta go first university, your cocus. You got to go to. Your caucuses are going to be between March third and seventh. Like I said, for US Republicans, bands were Democrats. So you got to find out when your caucus is, go to there, and then go to your county assembly. So your county assembly will ask the pieces. But then if you want to be for some different people as your couch district, confessional district, judicial district, you got to find those assemblies and go to that because you need to become a delegate. And we'll make sure we have all the delegate numbers out however how much everybody can have, and then we come to state if you're a delegate or an alternate. You can be an alternate too if I get moved up because things happen, go ahead.
Speaker 1: So how many days? What are we looking at as a commitment. I'm just thinking of people that maybe work during the day or you know, because that's a Friday off in Pueblo that people have to take. How many days do you have to commit to from that first assembly in your county, your district straight through to the state Assembly. What are you looking at?
Speaker 2: There's let's come package. You've got a contradist one evening somewhere or a Saturday, Okay, then you have to go to an assembly that's another day. And then like you said, for if you're going to be part of a multi district you know, we want to say these smaller assemblies that are just you know, hdcs, sds, all them that could be another day in Denver or Sydney, plublow during the day. And then for the state Assembly is on day Saturday, and then on Friday night we're gonna have our centennial dinner and we're looking forward to have some really great speakers for that as well.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, I think that people like people need to understand the time commitment first of all, because it's not just you're getting elected to go like if you're a precinct captain, you have responsibilities, and I think this is one of the things that people need to understand. But if you want to be more politically active, if you want to you know, go out and campaign for great candidates, then this is a perfect way to dip your toe in the water and get involved, right, I mean, it's pretty basic, it is. It is a great way to meet a lot of people in the party. If you want to jump in and start working on party politics. So how so they just need to call their county office, their their county Republican office and get the details. That's all they have to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Our look on Facebook is a lot of them might not have phone numbers, but they have a web should have a website, should have a Facebook, should be able to find them somewhere. You're more welcome to go to our website clogop dot org and on our page we also have to click on counties to click all the counties are there as well, and we really love when you go over there, sign up for the newsletters, find out what's going on now at the state level, but really get your home all the way down to your local level.
Speaker 1: All right, Britt, I'm going to add that to the blog today, so people can just go and find that on the blog and then they can get to their county organization that way. That just seems like a much easier idea.
Speaker 2: Bretta.
Speaker 1: I appreciate the time today, and I'm sure that there are people out there looking forward to this whole process. You know, I don't know if you and I have ever talked about it. I hate this process I don't like the caucus process. I don't like the assembly process. I think it's an outdated sort of dinosaur that is great for incredibly passionate members of the party, but for most people it's just too time consuming. But it's gonna happen, so you may as well get involved.
Speaker 2: That's the way to get involved. Down. If you want to change it, you need to come on board and get help us change it. That's what you want, all right, Bretta.
Speaker 1: I appreciate the time very very much, and we'll talk to you soon. You know, I just I do. I think it's archaic. I've been by the way, I have been to my precinct meeting.
Speaker 2: I have done that.
Speaker 1: I have gone and I you know, I tried