Speaker 1: Almost from start to finish today with chances for storms as well. Wins aren't quite as gusty, but still pretty steady, about ten to fifteen miles per hour. Your temperature is today stay in the upper sixties for mist of your weather station. I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Right now, the temperature is sixty five degrees and it's wet outside. Looking ahead to the Bengals road game this Sunday afternoon and Charlotte against the Carolina Panthers, we'll see a high of eighty We'll see here in Cincinnati a high of eighty one degrees with partly cloudy skies. And this game day forecast is thanks to Arley House Plumber, Heating and air Conditioning, and electric The happy yuse guys.
Speaker 3: Our next update is at six o'clock.
Speaker 2: I'm Whitney Harris, News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: News twenty four hours a day. News Radio seven hundred WLW. Good journey, I've been.
Speaker 5: I guess it's.
Speaker 4: I jump My last.
Speaker 5: Heard you.
Speaker 6: Leave you.
Speaker 4: Some other place, another place, another time.
Speaker 7: One of the great songs in the catalog of the late Jerry Lee Lewis, who would have celebrated his eighty ninth birthday tomorrow this weekend. We lost Jerry Lee. We lost the Killer in October of twenty twenty two. Anyway, we open up, and before we look ahead, look back at significant events and people tied to this particular day in history, including but not limited to, these American forces in our Revolutionary War, backed by a French fleet, began their successful siege of Yorktown, Virginia, seventeen eighty one. I remember it well. Nineteen twenty four to three US Army planes landed in Seattle, having completed the first round the world trip by air and took him one hundred and seventy five days.
Speaker 3: I wonder if there was service on the flight.
Speaker 7: On September twenty eighth, nineteen twenty eight, Scottish medical researcher Alexander Fleming discovered penicillin, the first defective antibiotic. And you know, maybe Fleming was a little rambunctious socially too needed some help. Ted Williams became the most recent American League Baseball player to hit over four hundred for a season, batting four h six for the Boston Red Sox the year was nineteen forty one eighteen sixty two. On this date, the Federal Appeals Court found Mississippi Governor Ross Barnett in cibil contempt for blocking the admission of James Meredith, the black student, to the University of Mississippi.
Speaker 3: Let's see.
Speaker 7: Oh remember Yitzak Ravine, He was the Israeli Prime Minister at and Yasser era Fat, the champion of the PLO. The PLO chairman, signed an accord at the White House ending Israel's military occupation of West Bank Cities and laying the foundation for a Palestinian state. That was Israel's first mistake with our help. Birthdays today Bridget Bardow, Oh what a beauty in her day? She is ninety today. Filmmaker John Sales as a birthday. Football Hall of Famer Steve Largent seventy, Zydeco musician C. J.
Speaker 3: Schenier, Las Ange.
Speaker 7: Whatever is sixty seven, Eat some crawfish, bite to tails, suck the head. Hockey Hall of Famer Grant Feuer is sixty two. Janine Garofalo's birthday. Mirasovino, Naomi Watts, Rapper, Jeezy hey Hey, Golf Hall of Famer c Ray Pack is forty seven today, and if it's your birthday, I hope it's the best birthday you could possibly imagine, spent with the ones you love, doing the things you love to do.
Speaker 3: And that is truly my wish for you.
Speaker 7: Five forty one Weather sports at any time, and Mametry already on the line.
Speaker 3: We'll talk to Lynette in just a few.
Speaker 8: This morning at nine, Mike Allen goes where other hosts dared not tread and do not talking about the min's room.
Speaker 4: On seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: Got chronic joint pain.
Speaker 9: Steroid shas don't last, and you're trying to avoid surgery.
Speaker 3: Well, luckily there's a better way, and now it's available.
Speaker 4: Like a month.
Speaker 7: We got all of it this weekend, thank you to Hurricane Helene. Scattered rain showers all day long today, Tomorrow, Sunday, Monday, I mean into into even midday Tuesday. There is a chance for these scattered showers to continue. Our high today seventy three, it is sixty four now with rain Friday night. Yet on Saturday one, hey go. Not a whole lot of high school football last night, Liam Townlinson, but we've got some to report, some scores.
Speaker 3: What do you got man.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Thanks to Hurricane Helene, A lot of conferences decided not to play, but the GCL decided to stick it out. Last night a couple of local games. Raceland dominated Newport Central Catholic twenty nine to seven. East Central shutout South Dearborn forty nine to nothing. Baden beat Bishop Fenwick thirty five to seven, Williamsburg forty two, Fayeteville Perry six, Cincinnati Hills Christian handles Norwood forty nine to six, Wyoming Holds Writing scoreless thirty one to nothing, and say Edges Elder twenty two seventeen.
Speaker 7: Well, that hurts on the West side anyway, Go ahead, Mike Allen will be upset when he comes in no doubt about it.
Speaker 10: FC Cincinnati back in action against the US Open Cup Champions LAFC. Kickoff is at seven thirty Pregame coverage begins at seven. You can listen to that game on ESPN fifteen thirty.
Speaker 3: You see Go ahead.
Speaker 10: You see travels to Lubbock to play Texas Tech in a Big twelve matchup tonight. Kickoff is set for eight o'clock, and you can listen to that game on Fox Sports thirteen sixty.
Speaker 11: Now we have.
Speaker 7: The last two games of the Reds baseball season and another afternoon game today in Chicago at Wrigley Correct.
Speaker 10: Correct, Yesterday you could tell the Reds we're trying to get the season over with with that hour and forty eight minute game.
Speaker 3: We know they flew by at being mediocre.
Speaker 4: Cubs beat the Reds one to nothing.
Speaker 10: Nick Martinez to a gym, but Reds couldn't get a run in let a lot of guys on bays had opportunities and just couldn't get it done. The back in action today at two to twenty. You can listen to that game right here on the Home of the red seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 7: And there's there's another Major League for professional team that plays in town that is not off to a great start, and that, of course is the Cincinnati Bengals. They are on the road to face the Carolina Panthers and Andy Dalton tomorrow.
Speaker 10: The Red Rifle had a Gem of the Game last week, so we can hope he plays a Red Rifle Classic.
Speaker 7: Maybe those a couple interceptions that'd be great, A couple of picks would be awesome. Five seven hundred WLW News.
Speaker 4: Radio seven hundred WLW, Hey it's alliance. McAllister.
Speaker 1: Get more speed and more bandwidth just in time for back to school when you switch to ultified unbelievable.
Speaker 7: Hello, Greg, And I doubt that they're tuned in because they are young millennials and active drinkers. As I found out yesterday, bartending, but visitors from New York in town for a wedding. Eli and Lamb and yes, the girl's name is Lamb. It's not bad or bad. And Mam Tree waiting patiently early on a Saturday morning. Good morning, miss Lynette.
Speaker 4: How are you, my darling?
Speaker 7: It's hard for me to call you Mamme Tree. It really is. I called you Lynette for so long.
Speaker 12: Mamma Tree is my real name.
Speaker 3: It's on a birth certificate.
Speaker 12: My radio name now at home, at home, they don't know no Lynette.
Speaker 3: Well did they know of Patricia No Tree Tree?
Speaker 12: Yes, okay, that's saying bird.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, please.
Speaker 13: Please please this please this day, take your bird and to the Lord and leave it there, leave it there.
Speaker 12: If you trust an ever out, he will surely bring you up. Take your birds to the Lord and leave this there. Amen.
Speaker 7: Amen, it's nice even to ring up that selection before.
Speaker 12: I like it yeah, but that's so. I mean, I got a roommate who's always hot, and you know I'm just there chilling. So I'm here with the bat towel over my head and the best towel on my shoulders. I'm like Whitney. If I'm cold, baby, I can't sing just so I told him, y'all gotta bring me two towels. Bump of my head, bump of his shoulder. They did you on blanket? I said no, And you know, if I got the towel on my head, my hands were like ice cold, and they saw it out immediately.
Speaker 7: I know my body, so no, wait a minute, your hands are ice cold.
Speaker 3: So you put a bath heel over your head and the fingers.
Speaker 5: Thought out immediately.
Speaker 3: That is so weird. Do you understand how weird that is?
Speaker 12: I'm only weird. They said, what're you gonna do? I said, no blankets, because I see I'm slaves white an Indian. Uh huh, say Indian didn't have no air condition two or three hundred years ago. We can't take it. So onetime I was in the hospital three weeks, I had a blanket, I mean, big bath towel of my head, went over my shoulder.
Speaker 14: They was just lap.
Speaker 12: I said, y'all might be live, but I'm happy.
Speaker 7: Well, as long as you've got what you need. Lynette, that's all I care about. I mean Tree.
Speaker 12: I'm sorry I didn't sound real good that our dad's a bit I thank you.
Speaker 7: I think you sound like an angel every time. Thank you, baby, have a great day.
Speaker 3: Love you.
Speaker 12: I'd be too.
Speaker 7: Five point fifty two. No dick hanging yet. Let's we'll find out what that's all about, or we won't keep it here.
Speaker 15: Don't let up plumbing problem ruin your day. Healthen Plumbing is the locally owned residential plumbing specialist offering a wide range of services and repairs. Schedule today at Helpin Plumbing dot com and get things flowing, making it happen.
Speaker 7: Since nineteen fifty one, Steve Air with USA in Selation.
Speaker 4: Rain's not going anywhere just yet.
Speaker 1: Expect constant rain almost from start to finish today, with chances.
Speaker 4: For storms as well.
Speaker 1: Wins aren't quite as gusty, but still pretty steady about ten to fifteen miles per hour or your temperatures today stay in the upper sixties for a severe weather station. I'm nine first warning meteorologist Cameron Harden on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 7: Hello, Steven said with a gram flam right center, Bill, I think you got it again.
Speaker 4: Well Benson has tied it up with a home onlam More Rats walk it off the Whims clash with the Cubs today at one twenty on seven hundred w l W and seven hundred w l w's live stream on the flee iHeartRadio Act.
Speaker 16: The countdown is on and there won't be another presidential debate before the election, but there will be a vice presidential debate. Minnesota Governor Tim Walls for the Democrats, Kamala.
Speaker 4: Harris is going to stand up and fight for your freedom, and Ohio Senator jd Fans for the Republicans. We're going to close down that border.
Speaker 16: Two vice presidential hopefuls go one on one for the first and only time Tuesday night at nine EASTERNS. You're it right here, or listen on Iheart's twenty four to seven US channel. Just open the free app and search debate performance used car superstore in Covington.
Speaker 4: We're getting behind the wheel today. Is super easy? Is your car a superhero?
Speaker 17: Donating it to Goodwill turns your four wheeled friend into services for people with disabilities and training that.
Speaker 7: She said in her speech afterwards, that simply doesn't hold up to the light of truth, like who's responsible for this invasion of our country that has been occurring for the past three and a half years during the Biden Harris administration with her as borders are well this week, also, the real information about the criminals that they have let into this country was released by ICE, and ICE would know to Congress tens of thousands of illegal immigrants with sex offenses and homicide convictions are loose on our streets in America, acording to Immigration and Customs enforcement data provided to the lawmakers leading with the Rep. Tony Gonzales out of Texas. This was national data for illegal immigrants with criminal charges or convictions. Remember, Donald Trump said the other countries weren't sending their best, in their brightest, but people that you would not want to be in this country, especially illegally. The data broken down by those in detention those who were not in detention, known as the non detained docket. That non detained docket includes illegal immigrants who have final orders of removal. In other words, they told them, you need to get out, but they didn't get them out or going through the removal proceedings, but are not detained in ICE custody. In fact, they're nowhere around because the administration has insisted that they be released. There are currently more than seven million people on that docket alone who are scheduled for removal or e moval hearings, and they have committed criminal offenses after coming into this country criminally to begin with. That's the truth of the matter, according to ICE. I don't know what Kamalas says. A break for whatever this is. After this, it's news on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: You asked for better transit in Hamilton count.
Speaker 1: Forecasts for your Saturday, I expect a lot of rain to still be lingering from start to finish, with stores possible in the morning and afternoon hours. Temperatures they only stay in the upper sixties, but the winds do stay constant around ten to fifteen miles per hour For me s of your weather station. I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Looking ahead to the Bengals road game this Sunday afternoon in Charlotte against the Carolina Panthers. We'll see a high of eighty one degrees with partly cloudy skies. This game Day four cast this thanks to Arling House Plumbing, heating, air conditioning and electric The Happy House guys. Right now it's sixty five with light rain and our next date is at six point thirty. I'm Whitney Harris News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: News twenty four hours a day. He was a radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 18: By and service your sprinter at Mercedes Men's of Fort Mitchell.
Speaker 7: Into the first official hour of the Saturday morning edition for this Saturday, September the twenty eighth, twenty twenty four, Gary, Jeff Walker and you together again on a Saturday. So we started out with mametry. We're dickless to this point, but we do and we can always count on the best dad joke teller, perhaps of all time. Dave from Harrison is back.
Speaker 19: Remember when you ran away and I got on my knees and begged you not to leave because I go but sir, well, I don't recall anyhow, And then the day's got worse and worse.
Speaker 4: And now you see I've gone completely out of my mind. They're coming to take me away.
Speaker 7: It's ten minutes after the hour on seven WLW, and once again, Dave, good morning.
Speaker 20: Good morning there, mister great American guy.
Speaker 21: How you doing today?
Speaker 7: No, that's that's Willie's the Great American. I just filled in for him one.
Speaker 20: Day, admirably.
Speaker 7: I mean, you wouldn't call you wouldn't call ken Brew the Great American just because he was on in that time slot. Would or Dan Carroll for that matter of course not. There's only one great American and it's Bill Cunningham.
Speaker 20: All right, all right, hey, how's that anniversary thing going?
Speaker 3: Well, we'll find out on Tuesday.
Speaker 20: All right, all right, yeah, did you have any storm damage? Find any chance?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 3: Did you?
Speaker 20: Well, we got a crocodile in the backyard.
Speaker 3: You don't have a crocodile in the backyard.
Speaker 20: It was a crocodile in the backyard. I said, I said, did you need any help? Can we is there something you need? Can we do for you or something? He said, He said, mad cater ade? He needed a caterade.
Speaker 3: No, he didn't go ahead to see about.
Speaker 20: The new room model that they've come out with.
Speaker 4: The new broom model.
Speaker 20: Yeah, no, it's sweeping the nation.
Speaker 3: That's terrible.
Speaker 20: I know you know you know what a dog's favorite comedian is?
Speaker 3: What is a dog's favorite comedian, Dave?
Speaker 20: That would be Rawl Joe Marks Raul joke's.
Speaker 22: Told by Dave from Harrison are not necessarily considered funny by the staff, management, or advertisers of seven hundred WLW or his parent company, iHeartMedia. If these attempts at humor have caused you to roll your eyes, made your stomach churn, or you have considered the entire exercise to be a colossal waste of time, we deeply apologize. Now back to our irregular programming.
Speaker 3: Bill Cunningham is the sound of America.
Speaker 4: When I listened to Willie I get all American goosebooks.
Speaker 18: He oozes the American dream.
Speaker 7: My toe got infected and was oozing this yellowy puff stuff.
Speaker 4: But it didn't stop me from listening to Willy americ.
Speaker 3: I had a tape for them and still listened to Willie.
Speaker 23: I still listen even with my pro lapsed hemorrhoids.
Speaker 4: Nothing can stop us from listening to Bill Cunningham. I am a great American.
Speaker 17: Bill Cunningham Tomorrow at twelve noon on seven hundred WL.
Speaker 24: Moments like hearing my cap her good morning, mean a lot to me, but after being diagnosed metastatic breast cancer or NBC, which is breast cancer that has spread to other parts of the body, they mean even more. I take eyebrands palbacyclop eyebrands one hundred and twenty five milligram tablets with an aromatase inhibitor is for adults with HR positive HERTUO negative NBC as the first hormonal based therapy. Ask your doctor about eyebrands and visit eyebrands dot com. Eyebrands may cause low white blood cell counts that may lead to serious infections. Eyebrands may cause severe inflammation of the lungs. Both of these can lead to death. Tell your doctor right away if you have new or worsening symptoms, including trouble breathing, shortness of breath, cough, or chest pain before taking eyebrands. Tell your doctor if you have fever, chills, or other signs of infection, liver or kidney problems, are or planned to become pregnant, or are breastfeeding. Common side effects include low red blood cell and low platelet counts, infections, tiredness, nausea, sore mouth, abnormalities, and liver blood tests diarrhea, hair thinning or loss, vomiting, rash, and loss of appetite.
Speaker 7: Helene is still wreaking havoc across the net and the tri State. The remnants we'll bring us scattered rain showers today, tomorrow into Monday. It's not all Heleen, But once a cold front moves in, you'll get this low pressure out of the way and we'll finally be done with the rain. But much needed. We got it all at once. I have seventy three this afternoon. It is sixty four now at seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 18: The Bengals are back home on Sunday, October sixth.
Speaker 4: The dream of being on the air. Hello, honey, it's me. What did you think when you heard me back on the radio. What did the kids say when they knew it was their long lost daddy? Honey?
Speaker 7: What about the kids? It's six seventeen, seven hundred WLW. Time for a visit with our dxter our residents. Radio guy Old Radio Rick with a reception report. Good morning, Ricky, how are we?
Speaker 21: Hey?
Speaker 25: Good morning Gary, Jeff. Well you're coming in five y five on a nineteen thirty eight RCA Victor ninety ninety. It's an am shortwaved tombstone three band radio that has ten push button station presets in the infamous Magic iube and this nine two radio. It provides the performance of a standard five tube radio at only twice the price. A little over engineered and under delivered, I'm afraid, but.
Speaker 3: It's working fine this morning though. You've got it homing right.
Speaker 20: Yeah, good antenna.
Speaker 25: It made me remember and I was able to find this advertisement from October twenty sixth, nineteen thirty five and the Saturday Evening Post. It's entitled why the Game of the Year went Bluey A true radio set story and yet says Blue. I think this should be called You're about to get ripped off? Actually, you see a few cartoon like boxes of the story. Mom, dad, and Junior are huddled on the couch in front of the family radio. The ball is on the five yard line, goal to go, final play of the game, and murder Tom says, oh, what is shame? Something happened to our radio? Through sports fan her well do we need to do? One hour later, and a repairman who looks oddly like a used car salesman in the stereotypical sense, announces it was just a loose connection, but offers a complete tune up. To avoid having the radio give any more trouble, he had to show your radio serviceman this advertisement and ask him for the tune up job. In most cities, this will cost not much more than a good box of candy. Odd references, it really is. They showed the tag, and what is the complete tune up? Oh now it's called the standard tune up. Or wait a minute, it was called the tune up job. Well, whatever, They're gonna check the intenta, check the intent of wiring it, check the intended connection, check the ground connection, check the power connections, check the speaker connections. Check the radio. Clean the radio chassis, clean the radio interior, clean the radio. I'll intest the tubes and then give you a free estimate of any additional repairs. I'm sorry, in nineteen thirty six, if your car was getting a tune that they didn't check the spark plugs and check the breaker points and check the distributor. Can they replaced it?
Speaker 26: All?
Speaker 3: Right? Exactly?
Speaker 25: Well exactly, but I'm speaking of the poor repairment going. I never agreed to that.
Speaker 7: Two things I've gotten out of this story. Number one, I want you to make that noise again that you made.
Speaker 27: When it.
Speaker 25: Which was at the bar?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, do that do the borrow or what was that? Yeah, that's it. I love that.
Speaker 25: And this is obviously a loose connection.
Speaker 3: Somewhere.
Speaker 7: I think people have maybe accused you of having a loose connection in the past.
Speaker 3: Rick, there's no maybe two.
Speaker 4: And the other thing was I'm.
Speaker 7: Just imagining taking my car in for service and giving the technician a box of candy as I drive away.
Speaker 3: Not much more than a box of candy.
Speaker 4: What a deal.
Speaker 25: A good A good box of candy would have.
Speaker 7: To be a really good box of candy. I haven't seen any two thousand dollars boxes of candy, but I bet they're out there. Old Radio Rick, Old Radio Rick at gmail dot com if you'd like to get in touch with mister Washburn.
Speaker 4: As we continue, Vice President Kamala Harris Paris has the most ultra left wing agenda of any presidential candidate.
Speaker 18: This election is going to be.
Speaker 4: A fight divided nation votes on the future. We stand for him, we stand for the people for the White House.
Speaker 24: It's about two very different visions.
Speaker 4: Well America vote to stay the course or change.
Speaker 5: This is a fight between communism, and freedom.
Speaker 4: Listen for the latest on seven hundred w ances that gave me new options. That conversation was big for me.
Speaker 28: That's why I'm working with Bristol Meyers Squib to raise awareness about EIGHTCM and to help others like me talk to your cardiologists today.
Speaker 4: Visit EHCM real talk dot com to learn more. Sponsored by Bristol Myers Squib. John lesend here.
Speaker 8: How do I keep my protection against COVID nineteen up to date with a COVID shot this season? You can get your COVID nineteen shot when getting your flu shot if you're due for both, as recommended by the CDC.
Speaker 17: Ask your healthcare provider in book at Vacusis dot com sponsored by Pfizer.
Speaker 29: Time is of the essence with COVID nineteen. Prescription oral treatment must be taken within the first five days of symptoms. If you have a high risk factor, ask your doctor if treatment is right for you. Learn more at TREATCOVID nineteen dot com, sponsored by Pfizer.
Speaker 30: Performance You used Car Superstore, Pretty Owned Vehicles and finance options Performance Superstore dot Com.
Speaker 28: The fucus looking on Pavens's that tackle your commercial asphalts, concrete and fuel coding projects with Cincinnati Asphalts on your team, don't get sacked by delays. Scheduled today at Sinciasphalt dot com Cincinnati Asphalts where precision paves the way whatever temperatures.
Speaker 4: This summer brings your five on.
Speaker 31: Core Technologies and your local forward dealers on seven hundred WLW, the home of the best Bengals coverage.
Speaker 18: Hight Tony Pike joining us this morning on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 21: Tony.
Speaker 18: I've been asking everybody this week your thoughts on the Monday night football game before we go forward.
Speaker 26: Yeah, I mean, just a failure on really every account for this team. You know, I know the offense was good, even great, you could say that in punt the ball they scored in every possession, they still lost. But from defense to special teams, to being zero to two going into the game and having your backs against the wall and watching many other NFL teams with their backs against the wall answer the bell, and watching the Bengals not do it at home in front of the fans. It was frustrating. It was a tough loss on all accounts, and it puts you in a position at zero and three where historically that's a very hardhold to crawl out of in the National Football League.
Speaker 18: Okay, you're familiar playing in the Carolina How do you beat this Carolina Panthers team this year?
Speaker 26: You know it's crazy because if he asked this question last week, you know you say, just show up to the field because Carolina had looked so bad, and you know, here comes Andy Dalton and outside of what Joe Burrow did, Andy Dalton had put together a three hundred plus passing yard three touchdown game that was the only one in the NFL before Burrow did it. So they have some weapons Deontay Johnson Xavier to get the rookie to a Hubbard and they have a top five offensive line right now. And that is the concern with the Bengals banged up defensive line is can they provide enough to make Andy Dalton uneasy? Can you get him in the second and start in long situations? That's how you win the game. You cannot let Carolina win on first down, you can't let him win on second down, and you can't let Andy Dalton get comfortable in those early moments of the game because if so, you know you're going to be in for a dog fight, which is not what the Bengals need right now. They need to go and they need to find a way to not only get a win, but get a win and really play well in doing so. That gives them some confidence going forward.
Speaker 18: All right, talking begels to Tony Pike, Thanks so much for your time.
Speaker 26: All Okay.
Speaker 18: With a constantly changing landscape of technology, it's important to stay ahead of the game.
Speaker 4: Have acc eight. Here is the latest weather forecast from news radio seven hundred wl The rain's not going anywhere just yet.
Speaker 1: Expect constant rain almost from start to finish today with chances for storms as well. Wins aren't quite as gusty, but still pretty steady, about ten to fifteen miles per hour. Your temperatures today stay in the upper sixties for most of your weather station. I'm nine first one meteorologist Cameron Harden on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 32: A blanket of rain across the tri State right now. Temperature sixty five degrees at six thirty eight. I'm Sandy Collins. Next update at seven on news radio seven hundred WLW News.
Speaker 4: Twenty four hours a day. He was a radio seven hundred W l W. Here we go I'm toasting you, Sid Honting. We made meet through.
Speaker 8: Dude, You'll never care me complaints.
Speaker 4: Where the whiskey down landing there?
Speaker 7: Jay, let's add east one of my friends out of Cincinnati through Hamilton, Claremont. How now Brown County, the lovely village of Ripley, Ohio on Main Street, and the gang at Brookies are standing by.
Speaker 4: Good morning gang, Good morning?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's going on there you guys? Are you guys a little soggy?
Speaker 17: Absolutely, we're soggy. I went down there and looked at the weather rock and it's standing vertical, so the weather's kind of on edge, but it's dripping water, so it's.
Speaker 21: Wet, very wet.
Speaker 4: Now is it vertical or vertizonal?
Speaker 29: No?
Speaker 12: But vertizonald.
Speaker 20: That's an interesting one.
Speaker 4: I have to look that up in my Lilly asked you.
Speaker 14: That's yeah.
Speaker 7: I asked Doug about that. Doug told me about vertizonal. It's a Rippley word. It's a Rippley word. Anyway, Sherry, I wanted to tell you, and we don't have a whole lot of time to do this, but I wanted to impart this to you. We thought of you Christ to two point zero, and I thought of you on U on Tuesday when we were driving back from Middle Tennessee. We came up I sixty five and got off at exit thirty eight, and there's a brand new BUCkies there, which for people who don't know where Bucky, I'd never been to a buck I got to go to BUCkies. And the reason I thought of you, Sherry, is because their mascot is a beaver.
Speaker 12: This is I know, it's that exciting.
Speaker 7: And I will have to say, I have seen your beaver, and I've seen Bucky's beaver. Uh, but Bucky's beaver is way bigger than yours. And I guess that could be a compliment.
Speaker 21: Well, that probably is a good. Yeah.
Speaker 7: I would have because I had my picture made with the beaver, the BUCkies beaver, and so did Christa. And if that thing had been hollow, I could have walked right into that beaver.
Speaker 17: Good Lord, that is a big one, for sure.
Speaker 21: You have to send me a picture of that. Yeah. But the beaver.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but you know, we got a beaver bar over across the river.
Speaker 21: Both glasses here. He knows all about that bar.
Speaker 3: I've never heard of the beaver bar.
Speaker 26: Oh yeah, thirsty beaver.
Speaker 12: Yeah, that's the name of it.
Speaker 4: Oh, I thought they were just talking.
Speaker 3: About I thought they were just talking about Buzz when they said the Thirsty Beaver. That's actually the name of a place.
Speaker 21: That is their mascot.
Speaker 3: Anything going on there tonight, guys, besides the ring, Darren.
Speaker 26: Has the entertainment Report.
Speaker 3: Nothing going on over Okay, well it sounds exciting.
Speaker 26: Hearts Wednesday.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's a brookies.
Speaker 7: They're in lovely ripley guys, State, try and stay dry, stay above the river and we'll we'll.
Speaker 3: Talk to you soon.
Speaker 7: All right, have a good one, all right, Yeah, all right, we got Steve from met In Ohio. A pithy phone call, a new Who's of the week? Ding Dong Hassan Nasala is dead and that's a step in the right direction. Sixty one at seven d WLW.
Speaker 17: Seven hundred wl W, Cincinnati. They will everywhere with the iHeartRadio app now number one for podcasting seven hundred WLW and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 30: Hey BBN, stay connected to the cats with the Big Blue Brew, the official newsletter of UK Athletics. The Big Blue Brew is completely vice. Save yourself some time. Listen to the podcast of this show after it's over.
Speaker 7: At seven hundred WLW dot com or at iHeart Radio, and they'll probably be about I don't know, out of a three and a half hour show, they'll probably be about ten minutes of quality radio.
Speaker 3: And you will hear it, hear all the rest.
Speaker 7: Our friend Steve from ETNA is here again this morning, and it's such a pleasure always to have Steve and his perspective on with us news of the week and a pithy phone call to boot Steve, the floor is.
Speaker 3: Yours, my friend.
Speaker 20: Thank you, Gary, Jeff.
Speaker 33: If only Left would give the rest of us our rights instead of inventing rights that don't exist, like the right to an abortion. You can elect to have an abortion just about anywhere, but that does not make it a right. How about the First Amendment? Ah, that is a right, though not recognized by the left, whether in Washington or Springfield. Let's start with the premiere of the People's Republic of Minnesota, Kim the tool Walls. He says the First Amendment does not protect misinformation. He does not define misinformation, but we know that's anything he doesn't agree with. Disagreement is precisely why we have a First Amendment. Heavens the Democrats Socialist National Ticket couldn't exist without the protection of the First Amendment. Harris has a different version of what she believes each day of the week. She disagrees with herself, and that doesn't bother half of the voting public. When Kammie Harris, in the middle of kissing Oprah's abundant backside, said she'd shoot anybody who invaded her home and then cackled uproariously at her own statement, was it just nervousness over telling a flat out lie. I'll tell you why. Back in twenty nineteen, she opposed stand your ground laws, which permit armed self defense of life and property, because she viewed those laws as a license to kill dark skinned people and of course, hence racist. Okay, commy, let's play with your epiphany this year and ask, if you were elected, are you going to confiscate any fire arm Donald Trump may possess. Clearly, he has good reason to possess and carry a lethal weapon, largely because of your administration. You'll try to bar him from that, however, because your Justice Department and corrupt prosecutors around the country are chasing after the Donald when they should be chasing after illegal migrants who are terrorizing the good citizens of our country. When an enterprising reporter asked a Kami's staffer what the make and model was of Kami's weapon, the staffer said, Harris does not own a gun.
Speaker 32: Huh.
Speaker 33: If that is true, Kami has compounded the lie in the Oprah interview, but I hasten to add she is covered by the First Amendment. Back to Tim the tool walls, no one would react to the Harris propensity for for varication by lining her up and shooting her with her own weapon, although the irony would be delicious. This gun that Commy claims she would use on some dirt bag that she and Biden led into this country. More irony is it registered?
Speaker 4: Ooh, that's a problem, seems.
Speaker 33: Whether she lies or tells the truth, she's a crook, and as tricky Dick Nixon once said, the people have got to know their president is not a crook.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Dick.
Speaker 33: If you can phony up charges on Donald Trump, how about real charges and put away Commy, Hillary, Joe and the whole kitten kaboodle e page two, Thank you, Paul Harvey. The Haitian horde in the US is learning at the knee of its sponsors when it comes to the First Amendment freedom of speech. The latest out of Springfield, Ohio is the call by the Haitian Bridge Alliance for the arrest of Donald Trump and Jade Vance saying nasty things about Haitian culinary practices. I was watching a video of their spokeswoman and was reminded of the Dickmoda quote it ainate over till the fat lady sings. In this case off key. It doesn't matter, honey, whether Trump or Vance are correct. The First Amendment protects them and as noted Commy Harris and Tim the twol walls when they tickle the truth. But I wouldn't expect folks who entered the US on a phony temporary visa program via Biden Harris Airways to know anything.
Speaker 4: Excuse me about the law.
Speaker 33: And a culinary tip my friends, my Haitian friends, if I may, having gone through survival training in the military, stay away from rabbits very little nutritional value, but are high on nutritional value, very high, and hardly anybody anybody would miss them. I am just trying to help Gary Jeff just just in the National Football League officials are investigating reports that Haitian players on three NFL teams have been chasing and beating Bengal Tigers from Cincinnati. Where in the hell is Peta when you need them? I'm sorry, I'm going for klept. I just can't go any further. I take care of yourself.
Speaker 7: Some people might say you went too far, but I wouldn't be one of them. Steve from Mett and I love it. I love it, I love it.
Speaker 3: Let's take a quick break and come back.
Speaker 8: This morning at nine Mike Allan rants raves and then calms down with a virgin LIMERICKI on seven hundred WW.
Speaker 34: It's more rewarding than ever. Join the Turfway Park Racing and Gaming Players Club. Sign up and get up to five hundred in free play on the spot to spin and win on over eight hundred of the hottest games plus all new Turfway Park Players Club members also get a free gift Turfway Park Racing and Gaming thrilling in every way. Visit Turfway dot com for details. Must be twenty one or older. Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler.
Speaker 35: Rocky Here, are you ready for your next outdoor adventure? Look no further than Vance Outdoors. They have all your shooting, sports, hunting, and fishing needs covered at the lowest prices around, and they have the largest selection of firearms in the Midwest with brands like Glock six hour Springfield. They sell suppressors and are an authorized law enforcement reseller, but that's not all they carry the top rands like YETI, LifeStraw and Columbia. Visit their new Springdale store or in Lebanon, which carries boats. See my friends at Vance Outdoors. Get the very best gear at Vance outdoors dot com.
Speaker 34: Mom, meet Sarah from first time, then a moment now welcome to flight one oh one.
Speaker 7: Fifty six On a Saturday morning. A couple of shout outs and notes. First and foremost, Tomorrow is my brother Chuck, my youngest, my baby brother, who lives in South Florida. Is his fifty fourth birthday, So happy birthday, Chuck. Shout out to my friend Rex who stopped by the bar yesterday as at the moment for the time being completed his successfully completed his radiation treatments for prostate cancer.
Speaker 3: Rex.
Speaker 7: We're with you all the way and hopefully that nastiness stays out of your life now that you've got that down and a couple other things along with the trip to BUCkies. The new BUCkies on sixty five in western Kentucky, just north of Bowling Green at Smiths Grove is phenomenal. It was my first, was my virgin trip, and while visiting our parents, we actually went out to the movies. We never go to the movie theater to the cinema to see a movie, but we did. The Reagan movie is a winner. It's just a Dennis Quaid as Ronald Reagan will stop you in your tracks. It's an amazing movie, a great biopic. I highly recommend Steve Shulty on the other side of News at seven o'clock with his environmental update and much more the Saturday morning edition to come. I'm Gary Jeff, please continue to listen. Seven hundred WLW hey neighbor.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, is your energy bill sky high again too? Not anymore?
Speaker 3: My old windows were so leaky.
Speaker 4: It was this if I had eight here's the they use. Forecasts were Saturday.
Speaker 1: I expect a lot of rain to still be lingering from start to finish, with storms possible in the morning and afternoon hours. Temperatures in the upper sixties, but the winds do stay constant around ten to fifteen miles per firm s your weather station. I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 32: Mostly rain all through the tri State, but then the rain kind of ends and the Dayton area of the Montgomery County is pretty much dry right now and off to the north end the east of Dayton. Right now in Cincinnati, rain and sixty three degrees. I'm Sandy Collins. Next update at seven thirty on news radio seven hundred WLWI News.
Speaker 4: Twenty four hours a day, he was a radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 34: Insulate your home with USA Insulation call three eight one three six two six three eight one foam or on the web at USA insulation dot net.
Speaker 7: And finally into another hour of the Saturday morning edition for this Saturday, September twenty eighth, twenty twenty foot It's hard to believe the month just absolutely flew by. Time to talk to our friend Steve Shilty, environmental engineer Explordinaire climate updates.
Speaker 5: See tree so green red roses too.
Speaker 3: Love the red roses.
Speaker 5: I see them blue and I think to myself, what I.
Speaker 7: Wonder Well, we've all been privy and privileged enough to have experienced a hurricane here in the last day or so, Hurricane Helene, the remnants leaving a lot of people without power. There's some damage around here, even some of the highest crested on record river totals in places like Georgia and South Carolina, North Carolina and your Pigeon forg. Tennessee the Pigeon River with records. And I understand that Steve Shulty, you yourself have had no power indent since about three point thirty yesterday.
Speaker 4: So let's talk.
Speaker 7: Let's talk about the truth behind hurricanes and extreme weather as it relates to so called man made climate change.
Speaker 3: What's the reality here?
Speaker 14: Well reality, I'm using a bunch of sources Gary Jeff, but biggest ones are Climaterealism dot com and Climate at a Glance dot com. But we've already heard that Hurricane Helen's historic, But what does that really mean. The first weather satellite, what was launched around nineteen sixty, is called tyros I. You know, very fuzzy pictures, yet it didn't really tell us a lot. Wasn't until the seventies, particularly the late seventies, when the quick Sat and the TRM satellites were put into orbit that measured windformation near ocean surfaces with microwave technology and imaging resembling radar displays, greatly improving this diagnosis of cyclones aka hurricanes. So the reality is we really only have about fifty years of good data about hurricanes and cyclones. So when they say historic, we've got to keep it in perspective, you know, past fifty years. But here's just kind of the summary of what the data actually shows. The latest United Nations IPC report from two thousand and one agrees that finding no increase in the frequency or severity of hurricanes, quote identifying past trends in tropical storm the metrics remains a challenge, basically at the bureaucratic way of saying data doesn't show us anything. From ten thousand and five to twenty seventeen, the US went through its longest period in recorded history without a major hurricane strike. Major hurricane is Cat three or higher, and Helene was a Cat four. From two thousand and nine to twenty seventeen, the US experienced fewest total hurricanes in any eight year period Florida from two thousand and five to twenty seventeen. And as we not the it's the America's most hurricane front. State underwent its longest period in recorded history without any any hurricanes, and our own national association is Sheanic Atmospheric Administration finds that major hurricane frequency again CAT fiver higher in the US between nineteen seventy one and twenty and twenty two. If it shows any trend, it is slightly on the decrease.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 14: So yeah, if you look at the whole glow again from seventy one to twenty and twenty two and looking at just not only hurricanes but tropical storms, the frequency is basically flat since nineteen seventy one.
Speaker 7: So they have been greatly on the rise because there is more CO two in the atmosphere and we're using fossil.
Speaker 3: All of that is a lie.
Speaker 7: It's, you know, another talking point for the climate cultist. Basically, whenever there is extreme weather to say, see, see we told you it's climate change, and you've got to stop using internal combustion engines or they're going to be bigger and more powerful and severe storms.
Speaker 3: It's a lie.
Speaker 7: Thank you, Steve for the truth. We got to run because time is short. Yeah, and they want to get these Saturday morning commercial extravaganza back underway.
Speaker 3: It's seven ten at seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 21: Is this the game?
Speaker 7: So now?
Speaker 4: Whether it's third touchdown?
Speaker 31: Pass the oo and three Bengals finally taste victory when they line up against Andy Dolton and the Carolina Panthers. Bang, Can the Orange and Black get down to business and fulfill their quest for whim number one?
Speaker 4: Back Tango table.
Speaker 31: Find out when Dan Orden Dave Leaphim give you every second of the act.
Speaker 4: What a Tribe coverage.
Speaker 31: Starts tomorrow morning at nine on seven hundred WLW. The Oh, the La Pest Bengals coverage.
Speaker 29: Hey there, what's for dinner tonight?
Speaker 4: Take out again?
Speaker 36: Remember your last order soggy bryes with a side of twelve dollar fees plus the one hour delivery time.
Speaker 4: You can do better.
Speaker 36: Get Factors fresh chef crafted meals delivered right to your door already in just two minutes. Try a mouth watering shredded chicken taco bowl or creamy tomato and goat cheese chicken.
Speaker 4: Have a toppee.
Speaker 36: I know what you're thinking. Could dinner really be this easy with Factor? It's always this easy. Factor fresh never frozen meals in two minutes.
Speaker 23: Men, if you're suffering from a rectile dysfunction or pe proess.
Speaker 7: Jim Labarber coming up at seven thirty five. Right now, time for the ivy Tom Davis with wild Lackey stories from around the country and.
Speaker 4: Around the world.
Speaker 3: Here's your reporter, Tom Davis.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Gary, Jeff.
Speaker 9: This week, Mom, I'll see you in court. But first, this is not exactly a ringing endorsement of Buick. Three teenagers in Nebraska stole a twenty twenty one Buick Enclave and three hours later they brought it back and parked it in the same spot they stole it from. Apparently buicks are too boring, even if they're free. Police are looking through security footage to try and identify them. Meanwhile, in Boston, police are looking for the Fry Guy. Some guy got into a fight at McDonald's and used a box of French fries as a weapon. Now you'll be shocked to learn that he's described as a heavy set mail in his thirties. He's facing charges of aggravated assault. A new bride is filed for divorce after only forty days of marriage. The woman says her husband simply won't clean himself and she can't take it anymore. She says he only bathes once sometimes twice a month, and rarely, if ever, brushes his teeth. So in court, the man promised to clean himself if she would stay with him, but she wasn't having it. They are waiting to hear back from the judge, and finally, nothing can come between the love of a mother and son except comic books. A twenty year old man sued his mom for throwing out his comic book collection. Now in court, the mom says they got wet and molded, so she threw them out while she was cleaning the attic.
Speaker 4: But this kid didn't care. He was out for blood.
Speaker 9: The mom lost in court and had to pay her son the total value of his precious lost collection, a whopping one hundred and sixty dollars.
Speaker 4: Next week, a woman.
Speaker 9: Arrested at the US Mexico border for being a genuine baloney smuggler.
Speaker 3: Have a great weekend.
Speaker 8: There's a showdown a coming. Two men who don't back down from a fight. One man from the Gopher state Governor Tim Walls, and.
Speaker 3: I gotta tell you, I can't wait to debate the guy the other.
Speaker 4: The book Senator j d Vance.
Speaker 30: He's going to bail out at the last minute, but say he went anyway. I think that's the Tim Walls approach to the debate.
Speaker 8: Residential debate Tuesday night at nine own, seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 19: One eight seven seven college kids ka as cause.
Speaker 1: Looking to still be lingering from start to finish, with stores possible in the morning and afternoon hours, temperatures in the upper sixties, but the winds do stay concept around ten to fifteen miles per hour. For me s of your weather station, I'm nine first Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 32: Range just about everywhere right now, sixty three degrees. I'm Sandy Collins. Next update at eight thirty on news Radio seven hundred WLWE News.
Speaker 4: Twenty four hours a day. He was a Radio seven hundred WLW into.
Speaker 7: Yet another hour of the Saturday morning edition for this Saturday, September twenty eight, twenty twenty four. I'm Gary Jeff Walker. You are you and that is perfectly fine with me. Our friend Science Mike is stand ready or sitting at the ready. He's ready, but he's not finished. Are you Are you ready?
Speaker 26: A ready?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 7: Bind me a little science minute. Was science, Mike, how are things going in your neck of the woods. Did you lose power?
Speaker 11: I think I did briefly. I actually I flew into CVG yesterday at four point thirty.
Speaker 3: In the afternoon. Oh, I bet that was That was a fun landing.
Speaker 26: That was.
Speaker 11: Pilot gets on and he says, you know, we're going to give it a shot. If we can't make it, we're going to go on to Chicago, and the fight go, you know, flaps down, wheels went down and uh and we had touchdown and everybody clapped, and I asked the pilot if he had a Vendo account to tip him.
Speaker 21: So it was.
Speaker 11: It was quite the landing, I'll tell you that.
Speaker 3: So what what do you want to talk about this morning, Mike?
Speaker 11: So we came in flew in from Utah actually, and I spent a week in Utah. And one of the things that just popped up on the news science this morning, which I heard about out there, is it's called Pando and Panda is the largest single organism out by mass in the world. There's six thousand metric tons and it's in Utah. And Pando is one hundred and six acres of a kind of a single root system that has forty seven thousand identical stems that come up for aspen trees, but they're all the same genetically type of aspen trees. But it's slowly disappearing. And the reason it's slowly disappearing is not really due to climate change. It's because of the deer and the elk are eating the shoots that come up. And the reason they're so populous out there is because we've gotten rid of the wolves and cougars that like to hunt and eat deer in the elk and he's deer at elk also know that protected land means you can't hunt on it. So where do they hang out at. They hang out in this big area where the panda's growing, and they much on the on the shoots as they as they come up. And what they've done is they put a big fenced in area and they've actually have started to bring back a lot of the uh a lot of the called the new growth for the for the Ashton trees. But then they go on and they complain about climate change killing it also, and then they right after they just said that when we put a fence in the area and it's starting growth growing fine.
Speaker 4: So anytime, anytime.
Speaker 21: They always got to put it in there.
Speaker 3: Anytime.
Speaker 7: Man Jack's with nature, in other words, taking the predators out of their natural habitat. Uh there are problems. Yeah, well we should just just leave God's creatures alone. Michael, thank you so much.
Speaker 11: I'm just a quick comment. Yeah, yeah, thanks Kroger for donating all that all that food and also thanks for us jumping them jacking up the food and dairy products or any inflation that you had moved to also, so very nice of you guys.
Speaker 7: All right, take care of Mike, rip Green brother Rick Green with a little bit of Hope on the way and seven hundred wl.
Speaker 4: W, it's prime time pig skin.
Speaker 8: U sees three and one Bearcats head to the lone Star State to rip it up with the Red Raiders of Texas Town. Oh my goodness, what but it'll be big, bad, big twelve back show. I'll get the call live from love Ack X five. Coverage starts tonight at seven on seven hundred WLW and seven hundred wlw's live stream on the free iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: Cold Weather is writer Cavin Kind Charon.
Speaker 7: That of course, reunion of souls and let's go to love the theme for the positive part of this program. I hope all of it's positive. But this is positive, I believe because we have our friend Rick Green. Brother Rick Green from Spiritwork Cincinnati, come in and give us a verse of truth from the Word of God, the Bible and sharing that with you. Feeding you a little bit on a Saturday morning. Good morning, brother Rick, how are you?
Speaker 21: Hey?
Speaker 27: Good morning Gary.
Speaker 26: I walk up praying for you and your listener.
Speaker 27: And Gary, I gotta do it quick and get out today because I gotta go feed the homeless. I'm busy tomorrow. So we're from Psalms ninety one, verse four. It says he will cover you with his feather, he will shelter you with his wings. It's fafeful. Promises are your armor and protection.
Speaker 3: Hey man, that's all I need.
Speaker 21: Gary.
Speaker 3: It's nice to know.
Speaker 7: Oh, it's nice to be reminded every once in a while that God is there looking out.
Speaker 27: There and it's wicket well, Garry, we need God promises and protection.
Speaker 3: Amen, Brother, good luck in the in the rain feeding the folks today. All right, Thank you, you guys, have a blessed day you as well. Brother. Thank you so much.
Speaker 7: It's eight seventeen and some change and gifts from Wally still on the way, as well as a conversation with Moegger. And we'll see what Michael Allen's into with Saturday midday after nine o'clock.
Speaker 8: Breaking back this morning at nine, Mike Allen bites the latest wave of ridiculousness with karate like discipline On seven hundred WLW. The countdown is on and there won't be another presidential debate before the election, but there will be a vice presidential and Hawnksworth Blood centers on seven hundred w.
Speaker 31: LW, the home of the best Bengals coverage.
Speaker 18: All Right, coach Zach Taylor with us from the Cincinnati Bengals. Hey, coach, good morning, Thanks for joining us. I know you've talked about it all week, tired of talking about it, but we just get to talk to you now. Recap Monday night. What happened? What have you told the team this week?
Speaker 37: Yeah, we just got to find a way to get our first win. You know, it was discouraging to lose like that. I know they got a good offense, but we've got to find a way to get some stops and so there's a lot of things we can improve on, and I'm excited to get another opportunity on Sunday.
Speaker 18: Yeah, new opportunity there. I want to talk about that in a second. Tell me about the defense injury report this week?
Speaker 3: What are you dealing with.
Speaker 37: Well, we'll see if we can get anybody back. You know, we got a couple of de tackles out. We'll see if the week progresses where we're at there. We obviously lost Trent Brown, so Marius Mems the rookie, will be starting to his place. So unfortunate opportunity with Trent going down, but excited to watching Marius get some work.
Speaker 18: All right, Tay, you were talking about this new opportunity to get a win on Sunday. Our old friend Andy Dalton in the Carolina Panthers. Tell me about the strengths or weaknesses or this Carolina team. I don't know anything about them.
Speaker 37: Yeah, they were fishing on offense last week. They had a lot of production against Vegas and found a way to get some yards and touchdowns and did a good win. Defensively, really underrated defense. They played really well last year. I know they didn't the record didn't reflect that, but it's a scrappy unit. They got a good coordinator. You got some key pieces over there that have done a good job for him, and so it'll be a good challenge for us.
Speaker 26: Yeah.
Speaker 18: And Andy Dalton carrying on his career doing well last week.
Speaker 3: Were you surprised about that at all?
Speaker 37: No, He's always had production and knows where to go with the ball. And I thought he played with a lot of confidence employees and did a great job leading those guys last week.
Speaker 18: All right, coach, we need to win on Sunday. Good luck and we'll talk to you next week.
Speaker 30: You bet, Thank you calling all you see Bearcat fans help save lives in our community.
Speaker 4: Is the latest weather forecast from news radio seven hundred wl JOBS.
Speaker 3: The rain's not going anywhere just yet.
Speaker 1: Expect constant rain almost from start to finish today, with chances for storms as well. Winds aren't quite as gusty, but still pretty steady about ten to fifteen miles per hour. Your temperatures today stay in the upper sixties for a severe weather station. I'm nine first Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 32: There is a pocket of dryness if you will around Butler, Warren and Claremont Counties right now, but everywhere else up in Dayton, down south, here in Cincinnati in the tri state al Rainy and right now sixty four degrees at eight thirty four. I'm Sandy Collins. Next update at nine o'clock. News Radio seven hundred WLWA News.
Speaker 4: Twenty four hours a day. He was a Radio seven hundred WLW Good.
Speaker 7: Morning, Kids Time Well gifts from Wally Honeymoon Memories. A couple on their thirtieth anniversary travel back to the same place as they went on their honeymoon thirty years ago. Driving through the secluded countryside, they passed a ranch with a tall deer fence running along the road, and the woman says, honey, pull over, let's do the same thing we did here thirty years ago.
Speaker 3: The guy, he's anxious.
Speaker 7: He pulls the car over and he says, wife backed against this fence and they made love like never before. Back in the car, the husband says, well, honey, you you sure never move like that thirty years ago. That was incredible. She's all pale in the face, her hair's going crazy, and she said, thirty years ago that fence wasn't electrified.
Speaker 17: Seven hundred WLW Cincinnati, available everywhere with the iHeartRadio app den Vember one for podcasting seven hundred WLW and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 34: Man.
Speaker 23: If you're suffering from a rectile dysfunction or PE, Proactive Men's Medical Center, we'll get your sex life back in just one visit. They're painless. Breakthrough medical treatments eliminate ED and PE. Here's a specialist in men's health.
Speaker 3: I'm doctor.
Speaker 4: Some of ittz have viagra orcialis. Let you down.
Speaker 6: Proactive Men's Medical Center offers the most effective treatments that eliminate ED and PE, with men lasting longer than ever.
Speaker 18: Ninety eight percent of patiens see instant results.
Speaker 4: On their first visit.
Speaker 23: Proactive Men's Medical Centers breakthrough treatments will restore your sex life, regardless of age or medical history. Your consultation and first treatment are free, plus you'll see instant results in the office. Plus qualified patients will have their testosterone checked free. Call five one three eight sixty six forty eight eighty six five one three eight sixty six forty eight eighty six.
Speaker 3: To regain your sex life.
Speaker 23: In just one visit, call now five one three eight six six forty eight eighty six when you look around the neighborhood.
Speaker 4: Just yeah, greatest story love baby, Yes.
Speaker 34: You know which ye.
Speaker 23: Ambition that birsity?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Happy birthday, Jeezy.
Speaker 3: It's it's Jezy's birthday.
Speaker 7: And in honor of Jesz's birthday and a UC football Bearcats road football game, we bring you Moeggar.
Speaker 21: Hey, Mo, what's going on?
Speaker 3: Would you like to say Happy birthday to Jeezy?
Speaker 21: Happy birthday?
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 7: So in your you're in beautiful love It Texas. Where is the weather decidedly different in Loving Texas this morning than it is here?
Speaker 24: Mo?
Speaker 26: Uh?
Speaker 21: Yeah, the power hasn't gone out. Uh, the sun was out. What we got here yesterday, they'll hit the rain. It's uh, it's warm, so yeah, decidedly different. I haven't seen any trees knocked down, but I haven't really seen any trees standing up either.
Speaker 4: Glubb it's not big on your trees.
Speaker 21: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I've never been to Lubbock, Texas. In fact, I've never been to the Republic of Texas myself. How do you find the state generally and your your many trips there? You are a world traveler, and what do you think about that?
Speaker 21: Yeah? You know, I've I've been to Dallas the bunch, and I've been to Houston a bunch. I've not been to lubb It until until now. I've I've never had a I've never had a bad time here. But what I can tell you is, uh, just being out in the bat a little bit last night. They they take their football quite seriously, which I think we all sort of know. But I've I've I've always had a pleasant experience whenever I've come here to Texas, but my first trip to love it. And given the fact that you see in Texas Tech are a big twelve brethren, not my last.
Speaker 7: What's the matchup with Texas Tech? Like for the Bearcats, moll.
Speaker 21: Interesting game, you know, two teams both three and one. Texas Tech can really really score. They've got a running back in Todje Brooks who is legitimately one of the best in the country, and so Cincinnati's going to have their hands full with him. But I think Texas Tech is going to have their hands full with the Bearcat offense. But I think really doesn't have a ton of weaknesses. You know, Brendan Sorosby has attempt at one hundred and eighteen passes and he's not thrown an interception. Offensive line has been terrific, the running game has been really good. They've got an NFL tight end and I think an all Big twelve caliber receiver. I think we're gonna get some points tonight. I think tonight's going to be a really really interesting game. And if the Bearcats can build on what they did last week against Houston, when they played pretty much a close to flawless game, they're going to have more than a shot tonight.
Speaker 7: So there's a new expression that's been floating around to the last couple of days anyway, since you know, it was official the Reds weren't going anywhere, you know, a couple of weeks ago, we knew that in the in the playoffs and they'd been eliminated, and the five hundred season is out of the question now. But there's a brand new phrase that I'm hearing just recently around town from Reds fans. And the new phrases at least were not the White Sox.
Speaker 21: History made last night. The White Sox lose their one hundred twenty first game, the new modern record for most losses in a season with two games to go. Yes, if I guess if that's what you default to, go ahead and have that. At least we're not the White Sox. Yeah, what a mess. What a mess there in Chicago, a franchise that you know back in the mid two thousands. They win the World Series in two thousand and five and it kind of felt like, man, they've really got things going. And to go from that, I know it's been twenty years, close to twenty years, but to go from that to this is something I never thought we'd see a team approach the sixty two Mets, and yet here we are.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Indeed, the Bengals are facing another former Bengal tomorrow in Carolina Panthers quarterback Andy Dalton, the so called Red Rifle, who had a great week last week in his debut for Carolina, which at the beginning of the season was right up there with the New England Patriots, who the Bengals have lost to as one of the worst teams or maybe the worst team in the NFL. And now the Bengals go in at zero to three and there are all kinds of questions. With Trent Brown out for the season, Amarius Mems finally gets his close up and a chance to prove whether he was worth the draft pick, you know, on the job, training on that offensive line, and it's unraveled pretty quickly. The Bengals season so far, well, it's surprising to all of them.
Speaker 21: Yeah, I mean, they lose two games at home as a favorite of more than a touchdown. The stunning. I mean, I if you would have told me the morning in the first game that we'd be sitting here talking on the last Saturday September with the Bengals of zero to three, I would have said, there's no way. But you know, I mean, Jane Daniels showed last week and he's a terrific young talent. But when there's no pass rush, an NFL quarterback is going to carve you up. And I think what was so sobering about Monday night was wasn't that they lost. It was the ease with which Washington moved the ball and the ease with which they just ran their offense, and how wide open everybody was, and how much time to throw Jane Daniels had. And so you know, we know what Andy Dalton is, right. I mean, he's he's a backup quarterback for a reason, and a reliable one and a guy who can probably serve in this role for a long time and make a lot of money. But if the Bengals pass rush doesn't materialize the way it didn't materialize against Washington, he has time to throw. He'll beat you. He showed that last week against Las Vegas Raiders. And so I think that, combined with you know how thin they are right now at defensive tackle and the fact that we knew coming into the season this team was probably not going to be very good against the run, you should be concerned about this game, and I think you should be concerned about the season moving forward, which you obviously are at zero at three. But if if defensively there's not a dramatic uptick in pressure on the quarterback and ability to stop the run, then what we thought this season was going to become is not going to be anything close to what we actually get as the season on folds.
Speaker 7: Meanwhile, meanwhile, my chefs are three and oh, and Kansas City is finding ways to win games that you know good teams do, and uh, but you know, we got a toe, we got a we got a missed extra point, We've got all kinds of other Some people would say I would say the losers would say questionable calls that have benefited the Kansas City Chiefs. Do you think the Chiefs have been the beneficiaries of great calls and that's why they're three?
Speaker 34: And?
Speaker 27: Oh no?
Speaker 21: You know, first of all, in the game against the Bengals, the pass interference call was a legitimate call.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 21: Look in any game you're you're probably gonna find a a call that's incorrect. It's a really hard sport to officiate. I see a Kansas City team that has found a way to get it done despite offensively not being at their best. Uh and and I think there's something to be said about that. That's what That's what great teams do, right, They're obviously going to have to play better than they have. But yeah, I saw on Monday night, we're on Sunday night against Atlanta. I saw a team that got to stop on fourth down when they absolutely needed one. I saw Kansas City team that against the Bengals made just enough plays. You know, this is how it works. Show me a team that has sustained success, and I'll show you fans who complain that the league is favoring them or that they get all the right calls. I don't know when the league decided, Hey, we have to take this team in Kansas City and make it the marquee team in the NFL. That didn't happen. That they have a Hall of Fame coach, a Hall of Fame quarterback, They've remade their defense, They've got a Hall of Fame tight end who to this point at least isn't having a very productive season. Though that they are not free and oh because of getting the benefit of the doubt from the guys and stripes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I did that.
Speaker 3: It came up at the bar, so you can imagine what I'm dealing with there.
Speaker 7: A lot of the questions that I bring to you sometimes are from that forum, from that platform, so you understand why they're sometimes a little bit more laughable than questions that I might come up with myself. You obviously witness a lot of live sports basketball and football, and Bengals games and Reds games, and I'm just not I'm not Maybe it's my age.
Speaker 3: I'm just not so into going to the game.
Speaker 7: There are some games, though, that are much better I think on TV, and the NFL is one of those sports where does Moe Egger because I've been to an NFL game, and it's just it's not the same for me. I got a seat on the fifty yard line at my house, I've got I've got, you know, no line to the bathroom, no line to the fridge to get my beverages or some thing to eat. And I can, through the magic of technology, pause or rewind and do my own instant replays of plays and even skip commercials if I've paused and rewound enough. So I mean, to me, the NFL is a made for TV sport. Do you agree or disagree?
Speaker 21: Well, it's certainly it is a mean, it's a TV sport. It's you know, uh, if you go to an NFL game, it's not unlike going to a taping of a television show, right, I Mean, that's that's what it is, uh, you know, up to and including obviously how they structured the time out. I I'll always take the opportunity to go to a live sporting event because I just I love the atmosphere. I love being able to see things that you you know, can't necessarily see on television. You know, I got to I go to Bengals games and our seats are behind the visiting sideline, and as frustrating as it was as a angles fan, it was still kind of cool to watch the Washington sideline and watch that group sort of gain confidence as the game went on. And I'm not sure you see stuff like that on television, but yeah, I mean I understand it. I mean, you know, look you first of all, it's it's less and less affordable for a lot of folks. You don't have to deal with drunks unless you choose to overserve yourself in session. Prices are are pretty pretty steep. Yeah, I get it, I get it, But I still love going.
Speaker 7: You still want to be there instead? Well, mo will be here with you tonight as you see takes on Texas Tech. Moegger on the line from Lubbock This morning, Mike Allen, Saturday midday, Real quickly, what's on your show today, Mike.
Speaker 6: We're going to talk about Kamala's visit to the border yesterday and some devastating numbers. Gonna talk to Janis HAIs all the Epic Times about the Trump campaign, what they've been up to the last two weeks. Also at eleven thirty, goin to talk to Steve Gooden, going to talk about the P Diddy and Eric Adams indictments.
Speaker 7: Fantastic. It's all ahead for you after the show show. If you've got your swimmings on, just breaststroke over to Huddles today. We'll be there with the football games on and everything else, and you try and stay dry. I will until next time.
Speaker 3: GJ.
Speaker 7: Dubbs On Monday Night with our nightcap the first of the new season at nine pm. Jim Lebarber, the music Professor, will be on American History on the radio on Tuesday Night show Eddie Fingers in the Spotlight.
Speaker 23: The Bengals are back home on Sunday, October sixth at one pm to take on the Baltimore Ravens.