Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, definitely for children of all ages. Welcome to another edition of Let's Get Biblical with your host, a man formerly in the world of entertainment and stand up comedy and now an evangelist for Christ. Here's your host, my host, our host kDa.
Speaker 2: Thank you mister movie Phone, thank.
Speaker 3: You Dear Lord Almighty, and thank you the listener to listening to another episode of Let's Get Biblical right here on your favorite podcasting platform, whether it's Speaker, Spotify, Apple, iTunes, and more seventeen podcasting platforms to over twelve countries worldwide. Thank you guys for listening to another unique way of delivering God's word into my life, your life, and the world around us. And thank you guys for all that you've been continuing to do on our YouTube page as well. Make sure you go in like our YouTube page at Let's Get Biblical with Katie. We have some fun shorts and movies and memes that we do over there as well, all dedicated to the Good Lord above. And today we have a great show for you. We get into a book in the Bible that I absolutely love. It kind of reminds me of being on the mountaintop being knocked down in a man that gets completely restored. But we talk about some friends in the middle that really aren't really his friends. That's why we titled the episode who Needs Those Friends?
Speaker 2: So we'll get to that in a minute.
Speaker 3: Maybe you have some friends in your life right now, you're like, I don't know about these guys. You know, I'm lonely as it is, but at least I have a couple people around. But if people are trying to drag you down and hold you as anchors from something or being something more, maybe they're not the friends should be around with. We'll talk about that in a little bit. And maybe this is your first time stumbling upon this podcast and you're like, listen, Katie, I'm an atheist, I'm a non believer, but you know, somebody gave me this podcast. They said you're a former stand up comedian.
Speaker 2: And then I'll check it out.
Speaker 3: And you sound like a little bit of a goofball. I like hip hop.
Speaker 2: I heard that music in the middle.
Speaker 3: Or maybe you're somebody that has some white hairs of wisdom all over your body. Maybe you've been in the church a little too long and you're sitting there going, what is this hippie hoppity nonsense. This is not like my grandpa's Bible thumping podcast. Well, first, they really didn't have podcasts back then. But I understand where you're coming from. This podcast is unique. I take testimony, wrap it around the good old Bible, the basic Instructions before leaving Earth Manual, and deliver those testimonies in a uke nique transformative way, and we hope for it to bring you some forms of transformation in your life and my life in the world around us. So welcome to let's get biblical right here with KD.
Speaker 2: And let's get started.
Speaker 3: Maybe you're a person out there like me. When I was in the world of stand up comedy and acting, I had a lot of people who I thought were my friends. And I'm putting air quotes right now in the background, like you can see me and I had friends like that, but I realized a lot of them were holding me back from something greater. Now I thought it was stand up comedy. I thought maybe it was me becoming an actor, maybe it was me becoming a better father.
Speaker 2: These people absolutely.
Speaker 3: Would hold me back from all of that, and it's kind of weird. The reason why people will hold on to you like that is because they're trying to claw out of something themselves. They're trying to get something out of you. They will ring you until you're dry. You've heard these phrases right well on the Book of Job. Yes, job job, not job, job Okay. In the Book of Job one of my first books I read, if not the first book I read when I was a new believer, you know, walking with Christ. The first couple of months and I read the Book of Job, which was weird because I was a former stand up comedian actor who had a lot to lose by just giving up the world for Christ.
Speaker 2: And I did.
Speaker 3: I was still doing stand up comedy and some acting, but the jobs would start to dwindle because my on stage stuff. I started talking a little bit more about God and bars and restaurants where God probably isn't spoken. I spoke of Jesus with the comedians around me and my friends, and they'd give me those looks and those glares like there's something wrong with his dude. He's on that, you know, mumbo jumbo, and I don't want to be a part of that. And I lost a lot of friends. So called air quotes again and I gained Christ. And when I was following Christ, I was reading the Book of Job. And the Book of Job loses everything. Job is a landowner who lived in the land of us u Z right now, that's about east of the Jordan.
Speaker 2: Overseas, of course.
Speaker 3: And he lived in this land where he was like the man. He worshiped God, loved God, you know, did sacrifices for God. And he was a good man of God. Now I wasn't at that time. I was a struggling baby Christian, right but I was doing my best. Job lost everything, lost, his home, lost his livestock, lost his money, lost his hair, started developing boils and disease on him. And he didn't know why God was doing this to him. He didn't know, and he would question God later on in the Book of Job, which it's okay to question God, ladies and gentlemen, I want you to know that disciples question God. My man Peter in the Bible, man he questioned God a lot. His man Kad on the other end right here, questions a lot. Okay, absolutely a lot. He questions a lot. And we can do the same thing. Thou shalt not test the Lord, although sometimes people do test the Lord and comes out working in their favor. Another story, another time, my wife tested the Lord one night and she was a former atheist that came to Christ because she tested him. But today it's about the friends that Job had around. When Job lost his land, lost his livestock, lost his money, lost his wealth, lost his children, he lost everybody but his wife. His wife and friends were the ones saying, well, maybe it's something you did, maybe it's something that you need to change. But this man was such a strong man of God. He's like, I know it's not because of that, but I'm going to question my God because I need to know why God would you do this to me. We've said that right, Why God would you allow division in this world? Why God would you allow kids to be taken?
Speaker 2: Why? God?
Speaker 3: We always hear that. And you may not have done anything wrong. Maybe you are a Christ follower for so long and you lost something very good in your life and you're questioning right now. You may be a non believer that's constantly questioning and saying why God. Easy answer for you guys who don't know God, and you're asking that question.
Speaker 2: You haven't come to him. You haven't come to him.
Speaker 3: For the christ believer that has been walking and something bad happens in your life and you're like, why, God, why, Because you're strong enough to get through it, and your testimony is going to help others. This is the same thing with Job, a strong man of God that lost everything and was given back tenfold due to his dedication to God. But what about his friends in between? Now, he had three friends in between. They had some really cool names. You're not gonna hear these names ever again, Okay, because we got Billy, Bob, Joe, Jeremy, Jason. Nothing wrong with those names, KD. Nothing wrong with those But his friend's names were Eliphaz, Bill Dad so far. I want that name right there. So far kind of sounds like a pill. You take so far to keep away the devil. But by the way, when you take so far, you may develop sores, boils, losing of hair.
Speaker 2: All that good stuff right so far was.
Speaker 3: One and the quietness of them all ely you elyu e l i hu if you're keeping track at home, So these four friends would come to comfort, and I put up air quotes again in the podcast world for that.
Speaker 2: Comfort.
Speaker 3: And the first three friends that were sitting and talking with Job. And by the way, I am giving you the cliff Notes version of Job. Okay, all right, you guys, go in the Bible and go ahead and read the Book of Job. Read it slow because if you've never read it, sometimes it's like whoa.
Speaker 2: It kind of reminds me of the.
Speaker 3: Maury Povid show back in the days. You have a friend on one side, you have Job on the other. This would be a very cool meme to make for o YouTube page, and we might do it. And you have one friend that starts out to be comforting, you know that friend. I'm so sorry this happened to you. I'm sorry, my brother. I hope you can get through it. Just know that God loves you, and I mean just know that.
Speaker 2: But what happened? What did you do?
Speaker 3: This is what his friends were doing to him. They were pointing blame, like he did something to dishonor God. One of his friends. I believe it was so far.
Speaker 2: So far went.
Speaker 3: As far as to say, well, you're the sins of your children were brought this upon you and your family whoa all their late nights of partying and just letting go of themselves and letting.
Speaker 2: Go of the Lord. Whoa, this guy is slaying in stones? Boy?
Speaker 3: I mean, so far the Great remember, kind of like a cartoon name. So far the Great was just throwing these stones, casting stones, instead of washing Job's feet and tending to him and caring for him. So far was just throwing these stones, boy. And this is what caused Job to be in a lot of pain and anguish because think about it. Have you ever been in a situation where you're talking to your friends. Maybe you just broke up with someone, you lost a job, you're down in life, and your friends come over to comfort you. Maybe those friends are not close friends, and they bring a six pack, or they bring something to kind of ease your mind. Maybe you'll have dinner, which is a nice thing. Someone will be like, I brought dinner. You know, let's watch a movie and let's talk. Then when you get deeper into the talk, some people are just sitting there going, well, you know the reason why Sarah left you is you haven't really brushed your teeth lately, you know, haven't brushed your hair. And you're like, whoa, whoa, why am I getting these stones thrown against me? Right now? This is not what I need? Then you have some friends that try to fix the situation you're not looking for a fix, and then you have some that are just so mean, like so far was, Oh, your sins of your children have brought pain upon God and pain upon yourself. Whoa first off, so far deuces Oo says you need to leave, but he didn't because Job still needed that comfort in the suffering he was going through. And then later on at the end of our story, we'll talk about a friend who is kind of like that coach, kind of like that coach that builds you back up, and we'll talk about that in a minute. But maybe you're in a situation today where you're just stuck in the rut. The story of is about perseverance and suffering. Jesus is every day with every single human in the world, we persevere. And I love what Paul says in the Bible. We suffer to build perseverance so we can endure the race. To me, it's more encouraging to look at it that way. For a moment, I will look and say, Lord, why am I going through this? And we can question again, don't forget, we can question. And when you're deep in prayer and meditation and worship with the Lord. That relationship develops, and you will hear that small, faint voice turned to you and say something. But when I question, I'll hear the Lord say something like, listen, I love you. I'm not going to harm you, not going to hurt you. The opposition wants that from you. He wants to maim, kill and destroy. As we seeing the Book of Job. At the very beginning book of Job, the devil asks for permission to God to do harm upon Job. And I know what you're thinking. You're like, whoa, why would God allow that pump the brakes? Because he knows you can get through it, and he knows when you get through that breakthrough on the other side, you're going to be so much stronger in life for someone else, but most of all for him. This is the problem that people have with our heavenly Father. Well that sounds very controlling. Yeah, he controls our lives. We're the ones that make it difficult, guys. We're the ones that decide to continue to latch on and we'll hold on to words like suffering and we'll suffer and we won't look at words like perseverance as a good thing when you go to the gym, you have to perseverere man that it was not English whatsoever, Ladies and gentlemen, I understand that, and I apologize to my brethren overseas. But when you hear the word like to preserve, to persevere when you go to the gym, you have to persevere and suffer to get that finished product that you want, the six pack abs as they would say, six pack abs, or maybe you're just trying to be in a diet. You have to persevere. We don't look at it as a good thing. But when we're going through something bad, nah, we look at it as a horrible thing. But just know the Lord wants you to come out on the other side a victor. And by the way, he does it because he knows you will be a victor. So think about that when you're in the midst of struggles. Why keep the company that job kept. Don't call upon those friends that are going to be negative nellies down in the dumps. You need to find a band of brothers and sisters, maybe in your church community, maybe just that positive person that can sew life into you. The ultimate person that can sew life into you is Jesus Christ. And you may not know Jesus Christ, but this is where you can build your personal relationship with him. And at the end of the show, we want to pray you out and we have something for you brought to you in part by the good old Lord above from the Lord. But think about it as we go into this break. Why do you keep the company that you keep? And when we come out of the break, I'm going to tell you what I did. Sometimes we have to trim the fat in life, because when we trim the fat, that's when blue skies will start opening. Speaking of blue Skys, here's the music. If I needed this Dave, Yes, I needed this Dave.
Speaker 2: With blue Skies when we come back.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, why do you keep the company you keep?
Speaker 4: Jesus Shiny blues Guy, Blues Guy, Oh God on me blue Blues.
Speaker 5: I was so I wanted to die. So there's a man I can never cry. Shame in mid and prod in my eyes. Will you break the silence?
Speaker 6: You tear down the lines?
Speaker 5: Lordolphlo, please lead me back to the little Cross.
Speaker 6: Jesus, U need blues.
Speaker 2: Booz guys. Oh God, honey blues cow.
Speaker 1: Boozcu.
Speaker 5: Tom keeps slipping because lies and nothing. The world keep judging the worth of my life. They call me a failure, wasted past.
Speaker 4: For your grace is spoken, your love will last.
Speaker 6: My skin is the moartiest glass. I feel every fear of the mom's past for you.
Speaker 3: Oh my future, you hear my past.
Speaker 5: Your mercy reminds me that sts don't last.
Speaker 6: Jesus some running, running the seal.
Speaker 5: I feel all out play see me on the pathom braying with all I know.
Speaker 6: Minds are lifted high in my eyes.
Speaker 1: Are close me through the storm.
Speaker 2: I'm and show me blues.
Speaker 6: Guy, Oh God, please show me blues. Guys loose. I know the plan some me for you. Oh, oh future, My world is true. No one small sparrow alls from the.
Speaker 4: Scot without my cat, without my.
Speaker 2: I see you.
Speaker 6: I know you eat chir on your head before you had a name.
Speaker 4: You are my child.
Speaker 6: Don't be ashamed.
Speaker 2: Life. You can see.
Speaker 3: The music of I needed this, Dave. I needed this, Dave. Blue skies sometimes we need blue skies. And do you know when we look up to me, even in the midst of dark clouds, there's always a blue sky. That's because when you're a follower of Christ, you're just right there, you're just right there with him. And today we're talking about who needs friends like that? Who needs those friends? You may have heard your family members say that, why do you hang out with that, that group of hoodlums?
Speaker 2: Why do you hang out?
Speaker 3: They're just gonna bring you down, and they do. You See, when I was growing up, it's all about, Hey, I want to be cool man, I want to run with that cool crowd. Hey I see that guy drinking over there. I'm gonna do that. Oh as a stand up comedian, Yeah, give me a little of that drink over there, because I think it makes me funny on stage.
Speaker 2: It makes you a fool.
Speaker 3: The spirits enter your body, another story, another time, hence the name spirits. When we drink, spirits change you. I was two alter egos on stage when I would drink because of the company, I kept.
Speaker 2: Not saying that.
Speaker 3: Everybody that I came across was that way. There were positive people. Big shout out to Don Davis Womack in Virginia. She is a stand up comedian. Her and her husband have a YouTube channel and social media called The Funny Womax. You've got to check them out. But I'll never forget what she said to me when we were on tour for the King of King's Comedy tour, going into churches raise money and awareness and having some fun and some laughs with comedians that were walking with the Lord or positive people, things of that nature. She came up to me and says, you remind me of Peter. You remind me of Peter by the way you lead. You're very stern, but you love Jesus so much and you'll do anything for him. And this was before I really truly knew the purpose I have in life right now, and I'll never forget her for that. But you can see that company that I kept raised me to be closer to God. But before that, oh man, I was literally walking in darkness. I had to get rid of those friends. There was a time that when I started stand up comedy, before I became a follower of Christ, I had to cast out people in my life that didn't believe I could make it, friends, family, and say this is what I'm going to do. I'm not going to be here if you like it or not. Well, only the Lord knew many years later, I'm making the same decision again to certain people that I'm making a decision to walk with God, minister to others about the Lord, and you're either going to come with us or not. And I'm okay with that. I'll always love you. But I have to trim the fat. I have to break the chains that are holding me from drawing closer to the Lord for his purpose. That is what we have to do, my friends. We have to make a decision. You may be somebody who only has a few friends. Say you have four friends, but three of them, man, are the ones.
Speaker 2: That hold you back. You're like Job.
Speaker 3: Job had somebody by the name of Elihu. Job had the name of a gentleman who defended God with honor. And I love Elai who he does not have a huge part in the Bible, and you probably have never heard of this guy before. Those are the ones the Don Davis Womax in my life, or the Eli who's in Job's life that's sew into him to change the trajectory of my life for God's purpose. A little bit about a lie who he was the fourth friend and he'd been listening to the other's debate, and they were when you read Job, Job used to be my favorite book in the Bible. It's hard for me to read Now, because they're constantly complaining in the negative thoughts that they're throwing toward Job. I mean, you want to reach out and be like you just want to shake them. I didn't want to say the word strangle, by the way, because that's not very Christian like parents, you know what I'm talking about. Sometimes we've seen Homer Simpson do it too, you know Bart Simpson many millions of times. But I feel this way when I read Job now, I'm like, oh, it's so heartbreaking in despicable of how they're treating Job. Well, this fourth friend, Eliyu, would hear the debate and right after Job was questioning God, he's questioning God. And he's still questioning God, and God's not answering by the way, God's letting him sulk. Oh wait, has that ever happened to you? I haven't heard from God. God is not answering me. Because in the quiet times and in the valleys is where we grow. Remember that the quiet times and prayer, when He'll come to us the quiet times in prayers. Sometimes we just need to cry out to him like King David did, like many others in the Bible. So we lie. You goes on and he's the youngest of the group. He's the young buck man. He just sat back and listened. He sits back and listened. But he couldn't stay quiet any longer. And he stood up, and I mean his voice roared like a lion. He claimed that Job was wrong in saying that God did not answer his complaints. God speaks through visions, dreams, pain, and even angels silent by emphasizing his power and his sovereignty. You may be sitting there today and you haven't got an answer, but you're feeling things. You may not have heard him audibly, but he'll give you signs like a song, a movie, a book quote, a literal sign when you're driving down the road. My wife gets thee sometimes saying I'm calling for you.
Speaker 2: I'm here.
Speaker 3: I will not let you fall into a pit of hell because you honored me so much. This is what he did. God responds to Job mightily, says who created the heaven's moon and earth? He questions the creation of the world to Job. He challenges Job, and then after that God restores Job. Everything comes back tenfold to Job. Now we don't go through things to get things. God allowed this to happen so he can come out on the other end, the victor. You know this testimony has changed people's lives forever. Hasn't changed mind, Katie, Well, guess what the book of job hit me. I'm delivering through the form of a podcast in twenty twenty six, and now you're listening to it on the other end.
Speaker 2: Just remember that.
Speaker 3: The Bible, the words, and our Father in Heaven's power is so mighty that is carried on through twenty twenty six. Remember the company you keep holds you down. You may be a non believer, you're still listening. Thank you for listening still, And you're like, I'm not too sure about this, but I do agree with you that the people I've been hanging out with have been causing me problems. The people I work with now, there's some hoodlums there. I've seen people do this and that and like almost got me in trouble, almost lost my job.
Speaker 2: The people my husband or my wife hangs out with. I don't like this.
Speaker 3: It's the company you keep. You need to be around like minded believers. If you or a Christ follower, you hang around like minded believers. But it's okay, it's a journey outside of that because what does it say in the Book of Acts. We want to carry the word to the ends of the earth. That's the ends of the earth. So what does the Bible say about the company you keep? Kad, there's stuff that says that, Yes, I love using Openbible dot info. Do it on the computer, you know, the little type of e tippity type any thing in front of you or your phone. You may be listening to download a good Bible app or just google U versus about the company you keep. There's twenty four Bible verses. We're not going to go through all them. Don't worry about that. But Proverbs thirteen twenty puts it best. Whoever walks with the whys becomes there you go, whys. But the commandion of fools will suffer harm, just like Job. Job's like, I'm not gonna hang with these fools, but he lie you. Thank you for picking me up, Thank you for telling me like it is. I have a few brothers in Christ right now that are like that. It will shake me when I need to be shaken, or I you know, a shoulder to cry on when I need it. You run into somebody that's walking with the Lord, that is like the friends that job had, other than the lie who pray for them, because they may be at a different walk in their life, and thou shall not judge. First Corinthians goes on in chapter fifteen, verse thirty three and says, do not be deceived. Bad company ruins good morals. Everybody can remember that. Oh, but I don't believe in the Bible, but you have morals. Where did morals come from? Had to come from somewhere the Bible. I want you to start thinking about that. First Corinthians, Chapter fifteen, verse thirty three, do not be deceived. Bad company ruins good morals. And you may be sitting there right now, questioning your friends, questioning your life, questioning I can't do this negative Nelly's stuff no more. I need to turn it over to somebody. I just don't know what to do. Well, this is your opportunity. At the end of each show, God graces us with the opportunity to pray with you, not for you, with you. You may never have prayed before, but this is an opportunity to do so. It's easy, it's simple, it's so relaxing. If you don't feel like opening your hands to the Lord, you don't feel like close in your eyes. It's okay, but just repeat after me. There's no magic or no mumbo jumbo. But if you're ready to turn your life over, find that positivity, get through the hard times when the hard times come, because you'll still have hard times. This is not a force field, okay, but we can activate the love of God through prayer and through Come to him right now, Dear God, Repeat after me, Dear God, I come to you in the precious name of Jesus. Dear Lord, thank you for this opportunity to hear your word. Dear God, I'm a sinner. I fall short of your glory daily. Dear Lord, I need to change my life. I want to give my life to you. Dear Lord, cleanse me of my sins, cleanse me of my soul. I believe you were real, that you were man, that you died, and that you raised on the third day from my victory and yours. Cast away my sins. Lord, cleanse me and make me new again. Allow me to follow you to the ends of my days. I love you and I thank you.
Speaker 2: Amen.
Speaker 3: That's simple. If you just said that prayer of faith, welcome to the new club. You are a VIP member into the Kingdom of Heaven. What's next? Read the Bible, start to pray. Start reading in the Book of Proverbs. First Proverbs is easiest. Okay, do Proverbs.
Speaker 2: For about thirty days.
Speaker 3: Then go into the Book of Matthew, Mark Luke, and John Right. The disciples who walked with Jesus. They know the relationship they had. Now develop yours through our dogs, our disciples of God. Guys, thank you for listening to another episode of Let's Get Biblical. Please make sure you follow us on YouTube as well. We love you, God, bless you, and welcome to the Kingdom.
Speaker 2: Take care